Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.73/5

39 Farmers Renters Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

When I went into the office I wasn't sure what or how much coverage I needed. They were very helpful in helping me to determine what I actually needed instead of just trying to get me to spend more money for more coverage that I didn't need. They were very friendly and professional and I would highly recommend them to everyone. Although I have not needed to file a claim, I was told the process and that it would be very quick for my claim to go through if I were to need it. There were many options for different types of policies available. They helped me to determine what I needed and nothing more which was a surprise. They walked me through a "survey" if you will of what I have in my home, the age of the items and what the replacement values would be. I also have an antique that they suggest that I get appraise to add that to my policy, which I had never considered, so I really appreciated that.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Well I had a policy with Glen **. Paid my policy before it was instated (suprise) and had to pre-pay before they would insure me for the next month. I ended up going with State Farm for the price of two months with Glen ** with an additional 5,000 coverage! Now I received a bill that Glen ** had put me in collections for a unpaid month??!! How does that work? I am not insured unless I paid my bill for the month. Glen ** Farmers insurance is very shady and about 500% more than State Farm.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Customer service representatives from farmers are very polite, knowledgeable and professional. If you need a basic coverage option I would suggest to go with farmers. I was completely satisfied with the coverage I got from farmers and the price I paid. The claim processing was very quick and hasselfree. There was no delay in the claim processing and was handled by them for most of the part. The policy options are very satisfying and I got the coverage that I was looking for. They suggest policy options with you to help you make the decision in choosing the policy. Best price for the coverage.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The service I have always got from them has been top of the line. I never would need to switch. I love how well they fix anything wrong and are always ready. I've never had to process a claim with them but my cuz has and for him it was perfect. They did everything they say and gave him no hassle thru the process. I found just what I need for my apt when I was looking. I was not wanting to spend a lot and they did just that. Found me the best rate but I'm also protected. The coverage is great. I get all I need and never worry, I like know they got my back in case I need them so I can go on with my life without the worry.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I hate it, it sucks. I'm currently looking for a new one and am trying to cancel out with this company. I tried this out for a month and covered nothing. I am disgusted with this company. It had just wasted my precious money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Renters Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Easy to work with on phone and in person. Very affordable rates. Easy website to find and navigate. Very knowledgeable staff and very personable. They have very knowledgeable staff that helps claims process quick and easy. I received payment from a claim in 2 days. They are experienced staff that help a lot. They have many policy options giving the customer many different kinds of coverage and for the cheapest rates possible. Very easy to choose what is needed because of courteous staff. The coverage is adequate to cover all needs that you will need. They offer lots of different options and types of coverage and have the staff trained to help you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

It's a great insurance company that I've used for years. It's really a go-to for all insurance need if you are in need of a good plan. I would recommend this service to everyone. Processing claims is fast and easy. Soon after application is filed follow all procedures and everything is taken care of by the insurance. Policy option is great. Build cash value that can be used overtime. This is a must for any family who has a home & needs & is looking for great coverage. The coverage builds over times that can be used so this is a great plan and insurance that covers all needs for a home owner. Recommend this overall.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Very satisfy with customer service given professional standards company showed in helping me with policy. Very informative employees and helpful any questions I had. Claims processing was handled most professional and was quick and easy personal information needed and customer service was excellent. Agent handled most of claim processing. Was satisfied with my policy the agent laid out for me and type insurance given and type coverage for the rate paid. I am totally satisfied with quality service. Policy and coverage very satisfying, agent set up good amount Renters Insurance I could afford and claim processes was done professional. I'm very happy with coverage.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Customer service took forever. They hardly understood anything on what I was trying to say to them when filing a claim. My claim process became extremely long with this company. Very dissatisfied. Had my adjuster come out and told me I would receive my money with a week to 10 business day. Wrong! It took almost 3 months for them to settle on an amount that I was comfortable with. Their policy was worded perfectly. I could completely understand every little thing. My recommendation to everyone... Always read the small print. Coverage was okay. It was a little high than usual, but I was always told the more you pay for something the better quality you get. However, that was very unlikely with this company.

Original review: July 1, 2016

Speedy call time and great customer service. Farmers has some of the most polite customer service reps I've talked to. Always very helpful with questions. I've only had to file 1 claim, but it was handled quickly and efficiently. The service and technicians were top notch. I would recommend this to anyone needing insurance. Not the most diverse policy options, but they have great prices and good coverage options. For a basic needs person like myself, this company is best suited for me. They offer the coverage I need at the best price, but not very diverse in the coverage. If you need basic coverage for a good price, Farmers is the way to go!

Farmers Renters Insurance Company Information