Find the Best Car Insurance in Cincinnati, OH
Top 13 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
|Allstate Auto Insurance||Read 2,104 Reviews|
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|Advantage Insurance Network||Read Author Review|
Independent insurance agency that works with more than 25 highly rated insurers. Offers instant insurance quotes 24/7 online. Provides online access to car insurance policies. Insures customers in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
|Camargo Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Independent agency offering insurance services in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Provides an agent and customer service representative for questions, policy updates and coverage reviews.
|Cincinnatus Insurance||Read Author Review|
Provides access to multiple companies and car insurance policies. Gives unbiased, objective advice. Offers complimentary quotes and policy reviews.
|Dabbelt Insurance||Read Author Review|
Independent agency with over 70 years of experience. Helps clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Offers savings for good drivers, mature drivers, good students and those with multiple policies.
|Dwyer Insurance||Read Author Review|
Full-service, independent agency that works with several insurers. Assists with claims process, policy changes, policy reviews and coverage questions. Offers free car insurance quotes.
|Greater Cincinnati Insurance Services||Read Author Review|
Independent agency that serves customers in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Helps with coverage for cars and motorcycles. Provides multiple quotes from top carriers. Offers a free insurance review.
|Huesman Schmid Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Offers car insurance coverage in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Helps clients choose the right amount of coverage. Gives quick, free, no-obligation quotes online and over the phone.
|Ohio Insurance Center Agency||Read Author Review|
Represents over 20 top-rated insurance companies. Specializes in SR-22 insurance. Insures cars, motorcycles and ATVs. Offers cash for referrals.
|Pathway Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers Pathway Coverage Checklist, which identifies over 60 different common gaps in insurance protection. Gives online quotes for car insurance in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana 24/7. Offers online chat open seven days a week.
|Zinser Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Represents multiple nationwide insurers that offer car insurance in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Helps with all aspects of car insurance, from quoting to purchasing to servicing. Provides free quotes.
Driving in Cincinnati, OH
Car insurance is a necessity for drivers in Cincinnati — and not just because it’s legally required. Policyholders use insurance after crashes, weather- and road-related accidents and crime incidents.
- Crashes in Cincinnati: According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, there were more than 31,000 crashes in Hamilton County in 2018, almost 50 of which were fatal. Auto insurance covers liability if you are responsible for an accident that leads to property damage or injury. In addition, many drivers purchase collision insurance, which pays for repairs to your vehicle no matter who caused the accident, or uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage, which covers you if another driver is uninsured or doesn’t have enough insurance.
- Road conditions in Cincinnati: Rain, snow and construction activity cause unsafe road conditions in Cincinnati. Many car insurance companies offer roadside assistance coverage, which usually includes towing, battery boost, flat tire help, fuel delivery and locksmith service.
- Vehicle theft in Cincinnati: There have been more than 1,000 auto thefts in Cincinnati each year over the past three years, according to the Cincinnati Police Department. Neighborhoods such as Westwood, West Price Hill, East Price Hill, Over-The-Rhine and Clifton have the highest rates of vehicle theft. By purchasing auto insurance with comprehensive coverage, you protect yourself from financial loss if your car is stolen or vandalized.
Average Cincinnati car insurance prices
The average cost for auto insurance in Cincinnati is between $1,100 and $1,200, which is lower than the national average. Each car insurance company uses multiple variables to determine its premiums. According to the Ohio Department of Insurance, insurers often take these factors into account:
- Where you live in Cincinnati
- Age, sex and marital status
- Driving record
- Driving habits
- Type of car
- Credit score
Where you live has one of the most significant impacts on the cost of your insurance. The table below gives car insurance cost estimates for a 30-year-old female in various Cincinnati locations.
|Cincinnati area||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Downtown - 45202||$1,200||$550||$500|
|Blue Ash - 45242||$1,040||$510||$450|
|Indian Hill - 45243||$1,070||$500||$460|
|Mason - 45040||$1,000||$480||$430|
|Anderson - 45230||$1,100||$510||$470|
|West Chester - 45069||$1,040||$520||$450|
Before you get an insurance quote, ask the insurance agency what discounts it offers and if you qualify. You can usually save by insuring multiple cars, bundling car insurance with homeowners insurance or being accident- and claims-free.
Does Ohio require car insurance?
By law, Ohio requires proof of financial responsibility to drive a car. The easiest way to comply with financial responsibility requirements is to purchase auto insurance. You must have liability coverage in at least the following amounts:
- $25,000 per person injured in one accident
- $50,000 for all people injured in one accident
- $25,000 for property damage in one accident
Many drivers purchase liability coverage in higher amounts, depending on the value of their assets — if you get into an accident and are responsible for damages that exceed the limits of your coverage, you could have your wages garnished or lose your home or car. In addition, it’s common to purchase additional types of protection, such as collision, comprehensive and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Cincinnati car insurance alternatives
Ohio gives drivers several alternatives to purchasing car insurance. These include:
- Obtaining a certificate from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) indicating money or government bonds in the amount of $30,000 is on deposit with the Ohio treasurer
- Obtaining a certificate of bond from the BMV in the amount of $30,000 that is signed by two individuals who own real estate with equity of at least $60,000
- Obtaining a certificate of self-insurance from the BMV (for those who have more than 25 vehicles registered in an individual or company’s name)
- A $30,000 bond issued by an authorized insurance or surety company
Cincinnati auto insurance FAQ
- Is Ohio a no-fault state for accidents?
- No, Ohio is not a no-fault state. Following an accident, fault is established, and the at-fault party is responsible for damages.
- Why are Ohio’s rates so high?
- Actually, the state of Ohio has some of the cheapest car insurance rates in the nation. Rates in Cincinnati are the fourth-highest in the state, below Youngstown, Cleveland and Toledo.
- How do I find cheap SR-22 insurance in Cincinnati?
- Many of the car insurance companies on our list help with SR-22 insurance, which is required for certain drivers in Ohio. After you apply and pay for a policy, the insurance company files the SR-22 with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, often electronically.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Cincinnati car insurance company information
Cincinnatus Insurance, an independent agency, provides access to multiple car insurance companies and coverages, which makes it easy to switch from insurer to insurer. The company also offers claims assistance. Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana drivers get a free quote and policy review.
- Address: 4790 Red Bank Expressway, Ste. 207, Cincinnati, OH 45227
- Phone: (513) 587-3553
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: cincinnatusinsurance.com
Camargo Insurance Agency is a local insurance broker that offers insurance in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Independent, experienced agents are always available to answer questions, update car insurance policies and review your coverage. Get a free car insurance quote by calling its Downtown Cincinnati office.
- Address: 615 Elsinore Place, Ste. 310, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (513) 561-5311
- Hours: M - F: 8:45am - 5pm
- Website: camargoinsurance.com
Ohio Insurance Center Agency has been insuring drivers in Ohio for over 40 years. It represents more than 20 top-rated companies and specializes in SR-22/bonds and high-risk insurance. Fill out an online form or call to request a free quote. You can also stop by the office without an appointment.
- Address: 7404 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45231
- Phone: (513) 522-6300
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:30pm
- Website: ohioinsurancecenter.com
Advantage Insurance Network is an independent insurance agency that represents more than 20 insurance companies and serves clients in the Tri-State area. Compare quotes online 24/7. Clients can log in to their account to view policies, print ID cards, make payments and file claims.
- Address: 4739 Delhi Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45238
- Phone: (513) 922-9460
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 9am -1pm
- Website: myadvantageinsurance.com
Pathway Insurance Services independently shops the insurance marketplace for Cincinnati auto insurance. Its “Pathway Coverage Checklist” is an easy-to-use tool that helps policyholders determine if they have the right coverage. Online quotes are available 24/7 in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. You can also chat with a licensed agent online seven days a week.
- Address: 4221 Malsbary Road, Ste. 201, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Phone: (513) 662-7000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: pathwayinsurance.net
Agents at Zinser Insurance Agency match clients with policies from nationwide insurance carriers. Its staff members help with all aspects of car insurance — from quoting to purchasing to servicing. Go to Zinser Insurance Agency’s website for an instant quote or call to go over your coverage options.
- Address: 5310 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45238
- Phone: (513) 451-8898
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: zinserinsurance.com
Greater Cincinnati Insurance Services, an independent agency, offers residents of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana affordable and individualized car insurance. It also covers motorcycles, recreational vehicles and boats. Clients can log in to a customer service center to view policies, print ID cards and update information. Get a quote online in five minutes.
- Address: 417 Anderson Ferry Road, Ste. 3, Cincinnati, OH 45238
- Phone: (513) 471-1400
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: gc-insurance.com
Huesman Schmid Insurance Agency is an independent agency that offers auto insurance to drivers in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Its advisors help clients choose the right coverage and get all available discounts. Request a free, no-obligation quote by completing an online form or calling the office.
- Address: 5670 Cheviot Road, Cincinnati, OH 45247
- Phone: (513) 521-8590
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: huesmanschmid.com
Dabbelt Insurance is an independent, full-service agency with more than 70 years of experience in Greater Cincinnati. Agents assist with all types of auto insurance coverage and offer discounts for good drivers, good students and those purchasing multiple policies. Fill out an online form or call for a free quote.
- Address: 5932 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45238
- Phone: (513) 451-8050
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: dabbeltinsurance.com
Dwyer Insurance is an independent, full-service insurance agency that works with residents of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. It checks several preferred insurance companies to find clients the best combination of cost and coverage. Contact Dwyer Insurance to request a free car insurance quote.
- Address: 3356 North Bend Road, Cincinnati, OH 45239
- Phone: (513) 389-4100
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: dwyer.biz
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.