Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

California FAIR Plan is an insurance association made up of private companies in the California area. It’s specifically designed for home and property owners that struggle to find coverage due to the likelihood of natural disasters or crime in their area. It provides policies for commercial properties, mobile homes, traditional homes and other structures.

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

California FAIR Plan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about California FAIR Plan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about California FAIR Plan?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2009

California Property Insurance gave us notice of non-renewal, stating that they are not renewing our insurance for non-compliance with their recommendations. California Fair plan wants us to clear brush 200 feet. The problem with this is that the brush is not in our property. California Fair plan wants us to clear brush and cut trees from our neighbor's property. We provided them with the owner's name. California Fair plan responded that they could not locate any fair plan policy holders with the names we provided. They wanted us to be solely responsible for this. We stated that it's not lawful to just trespass and start cutting trees beyond our property line. Their answer to this issue was to not renew our property insurance.

It is not fair because we could not do anything at this point as the property they want us to clear is not ours. Please help me. I do not know where to go. There is no other insurance company that will insure our property. Our neighbor has received numerous citations from the fire department but they choose to ignore this. We do not know what else to do.

California FAIR Plan Company Information