2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

Amica Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Life Insurance ?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Life Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have a ten year level premium term policy that is set to expire in 2028. When they first quoted me in writing they followed up with a phone call to say they had misread my year of birth and the premium would be a bit higher each month. No way to do business. I believe that life insurance premiums have come down in general lately and my health actually improved a bit since I took the policy as my A1C is under very good control now with medication. I asked if they would consider offering me a new policy to replace my old policy (willing to go through the health exam and review of my health records). They refused. They said it is their policy to only consider it if I had been a tobacco user and I have now been free from tobacco for over 12 months. This was arrogant and anti-consumer and forced me to call a broker to seek another life insurance company to see if I could do better.

Subject to health exam, being completely candid with the broker, it looks like I can get a replacement policy for the same death benefit of $250,000 with a different insurer for less than half as much. I might also qualify for double the death benefit for less than what I paying Amica, and that would also extend the fixed premium period for 2 years more as I am two years into the Amica ten year level term policy. Amica counts on their policyholders to not be proactive in seeking a better deal. They would rather lose a customer than give a deserving customer a better deal. Shame on them.

Amica Life Insurance response

Hi Steven. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I applied for life insurance in August 2018, and as of March 2019, Amica's underwriters have still not managed to approve or disapprove a life insurance policy for me. Either I have provided them with every document they requested or my health care providers have. I am healthy and take one maintenance prescription. The sales rep is extremely embarrassed by the whole thing and has run out of excuses. How they manage to stay in business is beyond me. What a huge waste of time!

Amica Life Insurance response

Hi Terri. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. We’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2017

BUYER BEWARE!!! Have you noticed that Amica has taken the review section off this page? Wonder why? There would be hundreds of complaints and true life stories such as mine. We had a windstorm that blew off shingles... the leak started a week later when the rain did. We had a roofer replace the shingles, and yet there was a leak. We had several estimates by roofers who spent over 30 minutes on our roof.

When we called to make a claim they send a kid right out of college to do the assessment. Only took photos of the roof... stood on a ladder and never got on the roof. We had our dining room ceiling spotted, damaged and still wet. There is rain that comes down a waterfall over the sliding glass doors and onto the floor. He decides to go in the attic to look under the roof. I told him and then showed him there was a plank going directly to where the leak was. He decides to go around the plank and FALLS THROUGH OUR CEILING!..

Calls me back and says he has done the estimate and sent it to the TOP. Says there is no visible issue with the roof... Let's not mention.. IT LEAKS! Regrets to tell me that we are just under our deductible which is $2,440... Our deductible is $ 2,500. Anyone surprised? Never mentions the fall. When I bring that up... he says they have already sent a check with the estimate.... THEY determined what it would cost.

Now... I have a medicine sized hole in my ceiling...with insulation falling through. I now have no choice... because if I fix the hole which I must do... it has to match the rest of the ceiling...which I don't have the money for. Let's just not talk about... I can't fix the ceiling until I replace the $11,500 roof...which has no visual damage. So instead of dealing with the stained ceiling and figuring out how to find around $14,500 to fix my largest investment.

Response to all of this... "Well that's the way it is... Nothing I can do." Wonder if they stopped getting the check what would happen? Nothing!!! They will always have plenty of customers... right? Shall I begin to name the giants that have fallen with this attitude? DO NOT BE FOOLED by the excellent customer service training their call center has. They are the best... but the proof of an insurance company is how they solve problems and actually treat their customers when it is time to perform. Beware! I am going to be very curious to see if this post continues to stay alive.... I plan to copy and paste this over and over and use it on different accounts to make sure all is known.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I have recently had to change my address and change of beneficiary. Customer service was extremely helpful. I received my paperwork in the mail in a timely manner. My information was updated in a timely manner. My experience was handled very efficiently.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

Very satisfied. Would definitely recommend to family, friends and coworkers. I have actually referred several of my relatives and their friends to this life insurance company. They have reasonable rates & great customer service skills. Every time I have an issue, question or concern whoever I talk to not deal with is always pleasant, knowledgeable and very helpful so that whatever I am contacting them in regards to gets solved.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

Very friendly and knowledgeable about the kinds of insurance. Haven't had insurance long enough to give much of a rating but so far am satisfied with company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

Love this company. Very customer service focused. I have never had any issues with them and they go over and above what is required of them. I have been with them for over 15 years and I have my auto insurance and homeowners insurance with them as well. On the rare occasions that I have to file a claim, I found the process to be easy and the claim was handled expeditiously.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

It's good and high efficiency. Wonderful benefits with minimum time. I strongly recommend this to all. The life insurance available is lesser premium compared to others.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I've never had a rate increase and the paperwork is easy to follow for a layperson. The price is reasonable and there are no surprises. I would recommend this coverage to anyone looking for quality life insurance.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

The company I use is very helpful, and I was enter due to it thru the old company which I use to work for which was Head Inc. of South Elgin, IL. They have great service.

Amica Life Insurance Company Information