Amica Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have recently had to change my address and change of beneficiary. Customer service was extremely helpful. I received my paperwork in the mail in a timely manner. My information was updated in a timely manner. My experience was handled very efficiently.

Very satisfied. Would definitely recommend to family, friends and coworkers. I have actually referred several of my relatives and their friends to this life insurance company. They have reasonable rates & great customer service skills. Every time I have an issue, question or concern whoever I talk to not deal with is always pleasant, knowledgeable and very helpful so that whatever I am contacting them in regards to gets solved.

Very friendly and knowledgeable about the kinds of insurance. Haven't had insurance long enough to give much of a rating but so far am satisfied with company.

Love this company. Very customer service focused. I have never had any issues with them and they go over and above what is required of them. I have been with them for over 15 years and I have my auto insurance and homeowners insurance with them as well. On the rare occasions that I have to file a claim, I found the process to be easy and the claim was handled expeditiously.

It's good and high efficiency. Wonderful benefits with minimum time. I strongly recommend this to all. The life insurance available is lesser premium compared to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Life Insurance?

I've never had a rate increase and the paperwork is easy to follow for a layperson. The price is reasonable and there are no surprises. I would recommend this coverage to anyone looking for quality life insurance.

The company I use is very helpful, and I was enter due to it thru the old company which I use to work for which was Head Inc. of South Elgin, IL. They have great service.

I have had life insurance with Amica for a long time and had great success with it. I would for sure recommend it to other people. I have had this policy for about 6 years and would recommend it to friends and colleagues.

A lady knocked on my door one day and asked me if I had life insurance. She seemed pretty nice so we talked about what insurance she was selling. She told me that the most I could receive was 2000 dollars and that only my mother could be the beneficiary which was ok for me. And that's how I became insured.

I have had a great experience with Amica Life Insurance, and they are also my provider for all other types of insurance. They are always helpful and answer any questions that I may have.

They explain the concept... and are very specific. They are very pleasant to work with. When you have a question you can always count on them to answer the phone to answer your questions.

The customer service is great and very helpful in answering my questions. They gave me enough information to make me feel confident in my decision at a great overall value. Very friendly, knowledgeable staff without the high pressure sales pitch. I would highly recommend their service.

Not fantastic. I was not given as detailed an explanation on the differences in policies previously... Amica was a much clearer explanation... They take time regularly to make me feel I am more than a policy holder. I think they are a big step up in service.

Amica has always treated us fairly and has always been right there for us as needed. Very professional. Answers all of our questions in a very timely manner. They treat my wife and I like we matter.

Life insurance is something everyone should have. My insurance is enough but not too much. It costs a lot for a pretty small of money no matter what company you choose. But it does help to shop around. I have had the same company for many years.

The customer service is phenomenal. The wait time to speak to a representative is less than 5 minutes. I called about my products and it was explained to me where I was able to understand Everything about my policy. I had questions also about my premiums and the automatic draft. I would recommend my insurance company to everyone. They even sent an agent to my house to deliver my policy.

I was quoted a premium policy rate. Following completion of all information confirming the information I gave, I was quoted a 50% higher rate. I was told that because I had been on a medication (and no longer am), I was not a candidate for this rate. I am 44 years old, on no medication, in perfect health - ideal body weight and no chronic medical conditions. I was told there was nothing I could do to qualify for the premium rate. If I'm not the ideal candidate for a term life policy, I'm well aware as a physician that NOBODY can qualify.

I feel that I have been unjustly charged for insurance based on unfair insurance practices. I've been notified by my insurance company, Amica Insurance, that my rates are being raised due to a change in my insurance score.

The following reasons were cited:

Length of time since most recent account established;

Amount owed on auto finance accounts;

Length of time since most recent retail account opened. ( This was due to a recent purchase of a new car.)

It's not the cost of adding a car to the policy; the aforementioned increased all my insurance premiums, including two older cars and my homeowner's insurance. My wife's and my driving records are exceptional. We have no accidents or claims to our insurance company for either auto or homeowners insurance. My wife works at home, and I drive only 5 miles to work everyday.

I have never been late on a single insurance payment. Furthermore, just before I purchased my car, I ran my credit report so that I could negotiate the best deal possible when buying my car. My FICO score is 802, rated excellent/better than 88% of US consumers. I have worked hard to achieve that credit rating, never having a late payment on anything, paying off all revolving accounts in full each month, and handling all my finances in responsibility.

However, despite my excellent credit rating and driving record, Amica Insurance decided to increase my rates because I purchased a new vehicle, not because of accidents or insurance claims, or poor credit and payment history, but penalized for buying a car.

This is another example of insurance company greed to squeeze money out of people for whatever reason they can find. This should be of particular interest to the State of Michigan. This strategy of the insurance companies cannot reflect well on the auto industry in our State. We're in the middle of a recession where our car sales are at an all time low, and to have insurance companies penalize customers because they've taken out a loan to purchase a car, definitely won't help the situation. I have never agreed with the insurance company's policy of using a credit or insurance rating to determine how much a person pays--it's unjust and unfair. People should be rated on their driving records and past payment history.

Charged unfairly for insurance rates for unjustifiable reasons.

Amica Life Insurance Company Profile