1.71/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratings

Alfa Homeowners Insurance

Members of Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) can get auto insurance through ALFA Insurance. The company doesn't participate in *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch. To get quotes from verified partners, call InsuraMatch today.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

32 Alfa Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2004

My daughter recently married and was purchasing a house strictly based on her credit (which is good ) and the house being solely in her name. When she applied for home owners insurance she was turned down because of her new husband's credit rating. He is not on the mortgage or deed and she is the responisble party for the insurance. She has had Alfa car insurance for about 13 years.

She must seek alternate insurance at a higher rate and may not even be able to close on her house because of this action.

Original review: April 9, 2003

My wife and I recently began the process of refinancing our home.A few days went by and we got a call from our mortgage company saying we need to contact our insurance company. So we did only to find out (this is May ) that our policy had been canceled in October 16 2002. When we called they said it was because we didnt pay some assinine dues for 21 dollars. They also said they had notified us by letter, but it never came here. In the mean time my wife found the cancelled check for their dues, it was cashed two months before they cancelled us . After a call or two they decided to reinstate our policy. They did and we wrote a check for 210 dollars.

We got our refinancing done and today (4-9-03) I got a cancellation notice and my check back from Alfa stating we didnt meet some requirements. Funny we met them for over 10 frickin years. My wife has been worried sick and finally we talked to Travelers Insurance co. and they were very helpful. I guess we met their standards at least because we have insurance with them as of today. I have found out that were not the only ones this has happened to and from now on I am as anti-alfa as I can get and I will spread the word.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands