Find a Loan Companies partner

2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

1.4/5 (37 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About United Consumer Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

United Consumer Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Consumer Financial Services?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I purchased a Kirby sometime before my first child in 2014. I never received one piece of mail from them regarding my account. Not one. Never a piece of mail with my account information or an update on my balance. When I did finally call to get my balance the customer service was terrible. The agents have an attitude problem and are not happy to have a job apparently. I am very dissatisfied with the service I was provided.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

When you call this company they have total disrespect for the consumer. To get respect you must give it. I told them to stop taking money from my bank acct. because it was compromised. If they want to work with the public then they need to learn how to speak to someone. The company I purchased something from no longer has a phone number in service but your phone operator talks condescending when asked questions. If this continues I will contact the better business bureau and the attorney general. Their reviews are pretty bad as well.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I purchased a Rainbow Cleaning System from Northeast Air Solutions in Latham, NY on 8/6/16. Like many other reviewed on ConsumerAffairs can corroborate, that company used very coercive and manipulative sales tactics in order to get me to buy the products. Nonetheless, I accept responsibility for buying the product. However, about a week later, I found out that I needed to have surgery, which means an increase in co-payments and medical bills. I came to the realization that I would no longer be able to afford the Rainbow device.

When I first contacted United Consumer Financial Services (UCFS) on 8/20/16, they were very polite and informed me that the distributor (Northeast Air Solutions) may be able to make a deal with me as there was nothing they could do after the three day grace period was over. I called the distributor, and they told me that there was nothing they could do, and to call UCFS and try to lower my payments. I did call UCFS back and they did allow me to lower my payments, albeit I would still be charged late fees and charges reports to my credit report, but it would not go to collection. I was also informed that Northeast Air Solutions could pay back UCFS as a refund and that UCFS would accept the payment and relinquish the contract.

As expected, Northeast Air Solutions gave me the runaround and told me that I did not speak with UCFS about returning the product and having Northeast Air Solutions pay them back. At this point, I realized that there was nothing further that I could do and I should take this as a lesson learned: NEVER buy from a door to door salesman.

Fast forward to not a few hours later, and I received an email with fraudulent alerts as they relate to my identity. I contacted by identity protection company, and they proceeded to tell me that there was a large data breach and that I should change all of my email passwords. Although I can't prove anything, I can't shake the feeling that this has something to do with United Consumer Financial Services (UCFS). That being said, I gave them a call, as discretely as possible, and told them that someone might be using my information.

They were very, very rude with me, told me I need to file a police report within 48-72 hours otherwise I wouldn't be able to move forward with anything. I was told by my identity protection company not to file a police report just yet because it was unclear where my information was taken and who took it. At this time, it is still unclear as to where this data breach came from and where they information went to. There isn't any cause for concern about anything on my credit report.

However, I just find all of this to be very suspect. After this experience and reading countless reviews on ConsumerAffairs, as well as complaints by the BBB, I would highly recommend that no one finance with UCFS. I am hesitant to start paying them back as they could have compromised my personal and financial information. However, reading all of the complaints, I will start paying them back promptly because I do not want my credit score to be affected negatively.

That being said, I will probably have to sell the device in order to pay for it, which makes me very angry, but hey, it's a lesson learned and I will definitely NOT be making this mistake again. I don't even want to use the Rainbow because it looks and feels like it is very overpriced and this whole experience has made me sick to even look at it. I would therefore also advise to not buy a Rainbow cleaner as it is grossly overpriced and the distributors use egregious sales tactics to take advantage of people.

Original review: May 17, 2016

I ran into financial difficulty and worked with a credit counseling agency recently. They got other creditors to lower interest rates, close and remove accounts from my credit report and pay the principal balances at lower monthly payments. This company gave me the most grieve. They sent a letter agreeing to a lower monthly payment, however they failed to post a payment. Then they began adding late fees in addition to the interest and reported the account as over 30 days late.

I got a letter from them and their customer service person was rude, uninformed and stated numerous times they cannot change the terms of the agreement by law. When I tried to clarify that they can he called me 'illogical' which was his nice word for crazy. I ended the call and called my credit counselor to have them contact the Kirby vacuum mafia to correct the problem. I would recommend anyone dealing with them to turn ALL of your credit accts over to a non-profit credit counselor. Other creditors lowered rates from 29 to 9 percent and Wells Fargo lowered my home improvement loan to 1 percent. This is the only company that reported false derogatory information!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I have been receiving phone calls from United Consumers once a week for about a year. The phone call does not identify who is calling. I found out it was United Consumers calling me by googling the phone number on the Internet. The phone call asks if I am Ronald **. I am to press a certain number if am Ronald ** and another number if I am not Ronald **. I have never pressed a number indicating whether I am Ronald ** or not. I feel that I should have to press a number. My name is Roger **. I have the same first initial and last name as Ronald **. Just because I have the same first initial and last name is no justification for my being harassed by weekly phone calls.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I had a guy come to my for at 9 o clock at night on a work night and convinced me to buy a Kirby vacuum cleaner which is a great product and I have always wanted one. He tried to sell it to me for $2000. I refused. He dropped it down to 1800. Still refused. I said, "There is no way you can convince me." He kept lowering the price. Finally he said, "With all costs included this is the bottom price...$1200. I said, "Ok." Then he told me I won't have a payment for 6 months and then I would have 1 year payoff, no interest, if paid off in that first year after starting payments.

I was paying very large payments and expected one more payment to pay off. So I called UCFS to get payoff amount and they told me I still owed 800 on the account. This was in August. I very unhappily still paid them large payments and called back again in November to see my payoff, and they told me I still owe 459. I tried to submit this info to the BBB and the postal code was not accurate...go figure...and yet I'm still in the end paying $2000 for something I was told would be 1200. This company is a huge scam. They lie to your face and you can't do a single thing about it. If you buy a Kirby do not use UCFS to finance it. They will rip you off and you can't do anything about it. Thank you for ripping off an honest, hard-working, single mom and showing me you really can't trust anyone walking in this lost world.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

Pretty crappy and not intelligent people. I am currently almost done paying off my vacuum cleaner from these people and I cannot wait to be done. I just received a call from these people and was informed I still owe money. I told them that I set up double payments for a couple of months before I relocated to a crappy place with overpriced cost of living. And they were supposed to continue to remove money from my account until it was paid off. Well obviously these people are not too intelligent because they decided that since I paid double payments that they would just stop taking money out.

WTF would you do that? Why not just continue taking money out until it was paid off. Needless to say they called wanting to know when I could make a payment. Because of their stupidity I am now about to be going out of my way to pay them money they should have already received. It would have only been paid off 2 months early but they are stupid and are asking for a crappy review. This is only one of many I have seen people post in regards to the service received. Now that my credit is way better than when I first got my vacuum I can guarantee that I would not recommend or deal with such a shady company like this ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

I bought a vacuum on April 2, 2014, put $500 down and the salesman told me it would be paid off in less than 18 months at $82.18 a month. Well I have been paying for 18 months now and I talked to a Jennifer Ext. ** today and she informed me I still owe $2000.00! What, are you serious! I do not know any other way to say this. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! NEVER FINANCE A KIRBY!!! The Vacuum itself works great besides being super heavy!I Also purchased my vacuum from a salesman and it is a women that's name is they have!

Original review: July 21, 2015

I purchase a Kirby vacuum on March 13, 2013. And the sales person came to my house and sold me the vacuum for 1,600 and every month I have to make a payment $61.77. I started making the payment the 1st of May, the payment was $100. My last payment was in August 1, 2014. I paid $142.74, I paid them off. After a year they called me the 8th of July 2015 saying that I owe them money and I paid them too early and they wanted to take interest from me. They send a letter saying that the cost of the vacuum is $2,223 and the guy sold me the vacuum for $1,600. If I paid them off with no late fee then why are they harassing me about paying them extra.

Original review: July 15, 2015

So let me start by saying my fiance got roped into working for a seller for Kirby. He was hounded constantly by his boss to make the sale. We fought for two days over doing this. Finally I agreed. I was told the amount was 1595$, they marked it on my credit as 2075$. They call every day, twice a day now including Sundays, which in my state is not legal. I am pregnant and out on leave due to complications and they ask personal questions, make rude comments, and are not helping my condition. I have blocked their number but they call from a new number! My boyfriend told them to stop calling and upsetting me but they don't care. Extremely rude and my credit is marked more than the financed amount!!!

United Consumer Financial Services Company Information