Find a Loan Companies partner

2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

1.4/5 (37 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About United Consumer Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

United Consumer Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Consumer Financial Services?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Purchased a new, warmer filter system from Premier Water Systems through UCFS, a written contract for 72 months, in Dec 2018 made payment 72, all done right, not so fast, UCFS continued to take payments from my account! When I questioned them they said I still owe interest for 2 more months! Hold the phone, I had a written contract signed by their Rep and myself for principal and interest! I added up the columns of payment and interest, it is exactly what the signed contract said! They have reported me to Credit Bureaus for delinquency! I reported them to my Attorney General! WORD TO THE WISE, DON'T BUY THERE. UCFS OR PREMIER WATER SYSTEMS, BOTH ARE CROOKS!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

United Consumer Financing is the only company that I have receive financing from that I will never choose to receive financing from eeeveeerrr again. I agreed to gave them finance me for a Kirby vacuum. After missing one payment I agreed to have them take well over the minimum payment out each month from my bank account so that I wouldn't miss another payment and to pay the debt off in a manner timely for me. This way of paying was discussed with an associate in February of 2018 who arranged it and said my last installment in July 2018 should be sufficient enough to clear the debt.

In November of 2018, I get a call from this company saying the debt was unsatisfied. I still owe more. They couldn't clearly explain what I was previously told. I asked, "Why would I just get a letter 3 months out from a month I was told would satisfy my debt saying I still owed." Financial company's credible ones send you a monthly note. It doesn't matter if it is for a credit card, mortgage, credit card, etc., if you are ahead or behind they report next month where you are in the process. Well, this company doesn't do this and I believe it is due to a ploy by them to have people pay more.

I have read over 100.00 complaints. 61 of them related to how this company's financing works and many consumers are saying the same and gave the same complaint that I have. We all can't possibly be lying. I think this company's practices need to be investigated like W's. There is an underlying problem that is bring overlooked. How are they even allowed to do business financially if they aren't accredited?

Original review: April 5, 2018

We took a small loan with this company when we purchased a Hyla. This is the company they offered us to do so. We paid for half of the vacuum and then financed the rest with United Consumer Financial Services. I set up auto pay for one year. Every month on the first they took their payment and on March 1st it was paid in full. TODAY, now a month after we paid it off, we receive a letter from them. We never made a late payment. We never missed a payment. We suppose this letter was to tell us our commitment to them was paid in full. What it does actually is basically tell us that if we are trash and have a NSF check out there, it not paid, they retract their statement of paid. NOWHERE does it actually SAY THE WORDS... "You are paid in full."

We are paid in full. It is reflected on our credit report at least. It also says nothing nice. No 'Thank you for your business.' No 'We appreciate your business.' No NOTHING. Just, "If you are a dirtbag, you are not paid in full, you might be paid in full if not." Signed some guy who we doubt exists. Well, United Consumer Financial Services, who is clearly nothing more than the Rent A Center of Banks... you will not see us again. The end. :)

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I sent an automatic withdraw request but a few days later, I ended up changing banks so I called UCFS to make them aware that I won't be using the bank I sent the request for. The guy I spoke to said to not worry. They will take care of it. They went ahead and tried pulling the money from that account 2 times, causing 2 overdraft fees of $30/PC totaling a very unnecessary $60 fee. They won't own up to their mistake and refund these fees.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Set up auto pay, then cancelled it, made payments from different source. Well these people decided to help themselves to my bank account, after the payment was made. Overdrafted my account. Then have the gall to send me letters demanding late fees. Raised Cain with them, had to go through a lot just to get them to fix this which they say will take 30 days. Didn't take them 30 days to take my money. I have contacted my attorney. They are the worse.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Every time I call to get help I always get someone that has a attitude with me. They are unprofessional and horrible with customer service. They are also very sketchy. I've been paying on my account and it wasn't getting took out of my account. I called to get help and they basically told me it was my fault it wasn't getting took out. Got to better my credit and is ending up hurting it instead. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The representatives are extremely rude and callous. They constantly try to take payments when it's not the payment date, when the money is unavailable, which reflects badly on my credit. I have a special account set up just for this company to take monthly payments from. When I try to remedy the issue, they talk down to me and treat me like I'm a stupid child. No matter how nice I am to them. Very very unprofessional. The last representative I talked to got angry with me and decided to start an argument. Then when I told her she was on speaker, she either held down a key on the phone or put the headset next to a speaker because this horrible ear-splitting noise came over my speaker on my phone and lasted about 2 minutes until I hung up finally.

I don't recommend any company use UCFS (United Consumer Financial Services) unless you really hate your customers. I regret daily for purchasing the Kirby vacuum as well. I bought it to try to help fix my credit and improve it. It's done the opposite and I'm stuck with a heavy, useless vacuum I never use & hate that I've so far paid about $3,000.00 for and still owe about $800.00. The whole experience isn't worth it and honestly is doing more harm than good as far as my credit is concerned.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My friend has been working for this company for 14 yrs. Her daughter has become very ill and she has to take off to be there for her child. (What normal parents do.) Her daughter is literally fighting for her life and will need heart surgery to survive. All that being said this so called company fired her because they said she was a no show, no call for 3 days. So I know the law in FMAL and unfortunately it doesn't apply to a company with under 50 employees. Sad but true. However, you would think that under the circumstances and that she has been with them for 14 yrs (dedication is what that is called) that they would let her be with her only child. Nope not the case at all.

This company does a lot of business and makes a lot of money, yes I did my research, and they are saying they can not allow this poor mother to take the required time off to be with her child. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, so because this company has no heart and obviously doesn't care two cents about their dedicated employee, I am going to do everything in my power to show what a worthless company this is. I will make sure it is known everywhere... Oh the joy of social media. Maybe next time, and I pray there isn't a next time for any parent, you will actually stop and think before you act in such a heartless move on your part.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I am actually writing for my 88 year old father. Because of his age and the fact that he is living on a fixed income, I have recently began helping him with his bills. I have just discovered that he bought a Kirby shampooer and vacuum on 3/15. I can't believe the price he is having to pay for this. Obviously, the sales rep took advantage of an elderly man. His name is not even correct on the contract and my father's signature is not correct either. There should be a law prohibiting these scammers from taking advantage of the elderly in our country!!! Shame on you. By the way the salesman's name is Nathan **.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I purchased a Kirby sometime before my first child in 2014. I never received one piece of mail from them regarding my account. Not one. Never a piece of mail with my account information or an update on my balance. When I did finally call to get my balance the customer service was terrible. The agents have an attitude problem and are not happy to have a job apparently. I am very dissatisfied with the service I was provided.

United Consumer Financial Services Company Information