2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Weed Eater One Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2015

The Weed Eater One riding lawn mower has been a blessing to my family. I have never had money to purchase my own riding lawnmower but I now own 2 of the Weed Eater mowers. I was looking for a motor to put on a go cart I was building for the kids and decided to dig deeper. After a large disassembly I found stripped out gears in both mowers. Bought new gears at a local store and have been mowing ever since. Not sure what everyone thought they were getting into when they decided to go to Wal Mart and pay half of what a normal riding mower costs. It is a cheap lawn mower for a cheap price and must be treated that way if you want it to last. Same with Lots of things in this life.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

The differential shaft is running in an unlubricated bush and worn out and cut the shaft. The friction wheel, the part that worn out, is not available - one have to buy the complete drive assembly. Weedeater One is the biggest piece of crap I ever worked on.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2014

Bought mower 3 years ago. 1st yr plastic piece in steering wheel broke. Found someone to fix it. Next year, wouldn't start, got that fixed. This yr tire blew, replaced 4 tires. 1st time mowing rear right came off. Repairman came, got it, fixed it, said it should last a lifetime. First time I mowed with it, the right rear tire came off again. Mower is dangerous, must be used on completely level ground. It's a piece of junk. I have spent more getting it repaired than it cost. Tires are hard to find, rear tires are not for sale in my area anymore. I bought it at walmart. I can't stand looking at it anymore. Will have to use the push and save money to buy a decent one next yr. Should have been a recall on this piece of junk. If there ever becomes a class action suit against it, would like to join it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

The mower came with the house and now I know why. It's junk. The left front tie rod end buckled under when the tire hit a depression. I bent it back with a pair of pliers and it lasted another two minutes. The metal is too thin. The steering is laughable. This is an item destined for a Cracker Jack box.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2014

The mower will not stay in drive. Something is grinding/slipping. None of the chains are jumping and it's not the friction wheel. I think it may be the differential ASM, seeing how it is plastic and it's the only other thing that I can see that make the mower move. It moves in reverse just fine. No slipping or grinding noise when in reverse. Tell me if the differential ASM will cause this problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weed Eater One?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2014

After about two years, the differential shaft broke into two parts. Now I try to buy this shaft, but they sell only shaft and differential together. Well I know I will never buy such an underpowered mower again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2014

I have owned this lawn mower for 4 years, followed the manual for maintenance and has had no problems. Good running machine.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2014

Purchased this thing about 3 yrs ago. Steering column has been a mess since the first year. I try and turn and the wheel gets stuck on one side so it wont move. Tried to get it repaired - and no luck. Cheap plastic with bendable metal. What makes this worse is I bought this on post at the exchange. I hope no one else bought one. I should have went to Sears, Lowe's or Home Depot!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

Bought the machine off elderly individual almost new as he moved to care facility. I am so glad I got this thing away from him before he or someone was seriously injured due to the poor craftsmanship of this piece of junk. Have had nothing but problems with it (all that are listed and them some). I hope Weed Eater or HV step up and take account for the many lives they have put in jeopardy everyday because of their poor quality, dangerous, poor engineering, and overall lack of customer support (Looks like they knew it was a lemon all along as they set and count their money and laugh at the poor people who have had the curse of owning one of these things).

Original review: July 22, 2014

The front tire has come off the rim and needed a new one - three times since I purchased this lawnmower in the Spring of 2012. The replacement tires were hard to find so my lawnmower has been out of service more than it has been working since I purchased this lawnmower. I have probably only used this mower 10 or 15 times total. I am extremely displeased with the tire issue and really want to return this mower. I am actually wondering if there has been a recall of this mower due to the tires coming off the rim while you are operating the mower. I would NEVER purchase this type of mower again.

Weed Eater One Company Information

1971
        9335 Harris Corners Pkwy.
        Charlotte