ServicePlus Home Warranty vs. Cinch Home Services
Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you
What is the difference between ServicePlus Home Warranty and Cinch Home Services?
ServicePlus Home Warranty versus Cinch Home Services — which is right for you? We compare the two companies side by side based on coverage plans, costs, service call fees, available optional coverages, contractor networks and customer reviews to help you make a well-informed decision.
|Monthly premium cost||$53.67 to $60.33||$30.99 to $93.99|
|Average cost for combo plan||$56.17 (Platinum)||$50 to $62|
|Annual premium cost||$569 to $649||$335.88 to $743.88|
|Service call fee||$75||$100, $125 or $150|
|Discounts available||2 months free and limited roof coverage with annual payment||Not listed|
|$53.67 to $60.33||$56.17 (Platinum)||$569 to $649||$75||2 months free and limited roof coverage with annual payment|
|$30.99 to $93.99||$50 to $62||$335.88 to $743.88||$100, $125 or $150||Not listed|
|Plans available||Gold, Platinum||Appliances plan, Built-in Systems plan, Complete Home plan|
|Combo plan covered items||16||22|
|Service recall period||30 days||180-day workmanship guarantee|
|Availability||43 states||48 states|
|Gold, Platinum||9||7||16||30 days||43 states|
|Appliances plan, Built-in Systems plan, Complete Home plan||10||12||22||180-day workmanship guarantee||48 states|
|Built-in food centers||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||—||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||3.3||4.1|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
ServicePlus Home Warranty
ServicePlus Home Warranty, formerly Total Home Protection, offers two plans, with plenty of optional add-ons. Both plans — Gold and Platinum — cover systems and appliances, regardless of age, make and model, and they come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Homeowners can make a claim by calling or using the online portal; ServicePlus then assigns a local, licensed and insured contractor for a $75 fee. The company allows you to transfer your policy to a new homeowner at no charge. Plans are available in most states and cost from about $54 to $60 per month.
ServicePlus Home Warranty plans
- Gold: The Gold plan covers the plumbing system and stoppages, electrical system, water heater, ductwork, oven, range, stove, cooktop, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, trash compactor, ceiling and exhaust fans, whirlpool bathtub, sump pump and garage door opener.
- Platinum: The Platinum plan covers everything in the Gold plan, plus the air conditioning system, heating system, refrigerator, washer and dryer.
- Optional coverage: Add optional coverage for central vacuum, limited roof leak, pool and spa, water softener, ice maker, stand-alone freezer, well pump, septic system and second appliances and systems.
What ServicePlus Home Warranty customers say
In reviews, customers call company representatives knowledgeable and helpful. Some mention lower prices than other home warranty companies offer and that repairs were well-handled by technicians. Others experienced long wait times on hold when filing claims and unexpectedly denied claims on items they thought were covered.
Cinch Home Services
Cinch Home Services has three plans: Appliances, Built-in Systems and Complete Home. Plans include a 180-day workmanship guarantee on repairs, coverage for unknown preexisting conditions, a water sensor to detect leaks and a $25 credit toward an air conditioner or water filter. Cinch plan costs range from around $30 to $94 per month and have a service call fee of $100, $125 or $150. Several add-ons are available, including the Premier Upgrade Package, which adds benefits you can use toward equipment disposal and permits. Cinch provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Cinch Home Services plans
- Appliances: The Appliances plan covers refrigerators, dishwashers, cooktops, ranges, range exhaust hoods, wall ovens, built-in microwaves, built-in food centers, built-in trash compactors, free-standing ice makers, washers and dryers.
- Built-in Systems: The Built-in Systems plan covers air conditioning and heating (including ductwork), electrical system, plumbing system, toilets, attic and ceiling fans, central vacuums, instant hot and cold water dispensers, water heater, doorbells, garage door openers, smoke detectors, sump pump and jetted tub.
- Complete Home: Cinch’s Complete Home plan covers everything in the Appliances and Built-in Systems plans and reimburses you up to $500 on one covered homeowners insurance claim per year.
- Optional coverage: Cinch offers optional coverage for a pool and spa, septic system and well pump. It also has a Premier Upgrade Package, which provides up to $1,000 toward noncovered charges like equipment disposal and permits.
What Cinch Home Services customers say
Reviewers say Cinch Home Services uses professional technicians, and many are satisfied with repairs on their broken-down appliances and systems. They mention prompt service and fair prices for service contracts. Some customers were disappointed by delayed responses and limited coverage. Overall, Cinch has good reviews on ConsumerAffairs.
Bottom line: ServicePlus Home Warranty or Cinch Home Services?
ServicesPlus Home Warranty and Cinch Home Services are options for homeowners in most states. ServicePlus covers both appliances and systems in both of its plans, while Cinch offers separate plans for appliances and systems and a combo plan covering both. Cinch has the longer workmanship guarantee and lower starting prices, but its service call fee is higher. ServicePlus’s list of optional coverages is more extensive, but both companies include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- ServicePlus Home Warranty is best for homeowners who want to protect appliances and systems and choose from a long list of optional coverages.
- Cinch Home Services is best for those who have more than one of the same appliance, who want a longer repair guarantee or who want coverage for unknown preexisting conditions.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.