Safe Step Walk-In Tub

4.2(2,794)

About Safe Step Walk-In Tub

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a limited lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The tub company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote outlining the product and installation costs after an in-home consultation. Safe Step also services Canada.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Limited lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available
    Cons
    • Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Stars Rating

• 64%
    • 16%
    • 10%
    • 2%
    • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2016

Safe Step had more options than other companies so I chose them. The sales rep was a neat guy and the conversation I had with him was awesome. The installation team were good guys, too and I enjoyed my interaction with them. I've had less aches since having the bathtub and I like all its features.

Installation & SetupFeaturesFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016

The sales representative at Safe Step was very personal and this may have been the reason I bought the walk-in bathtub. It was even better with the installation guys, Jimmy and Dan. They were fantastic and I was truly satisfied with them. I like all the features of the walk-in tub: the oxybubbles, the jet, and all the little bells and whistles. The only thing is that it takes about 75 gallons to fill it up, and I've got a 55 gallon water tank. They said that'd be no problem, but you've got to make sure nobody takes a shower or a bath. It took some adjustment, but we like it all.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016

I got a back problem and I fell, so for that reason I wanted a walk-in tub. After checking all kinds of medical magazines I decided that Safe Step was the best one to buy. I like the way it is built, as well as what it offers. I got plenty of pains but I enjoy it. The material used to build and make them was very excellent. The sales rep was very knowledgeable, friendly, and he did his job in a business-like manner. Their installation team also did a good job, and I didn't get in their way anymore because they knew what they were doing. I'm very satisfied. The people were very nice and they even sent a thank you letter.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016

Safe Step's sales rep was very pleasant, courteous, and nice. Our conversation was very interesting. The installation team was very good though at first there was a confusion in the switch but it was fixed. We like the tub's jets when they turn on and massage me and the heat.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016

The Safe Step sales rep that I dealt with was wonderful. He was very generous and nice, while their installers were fast, knowledgeable and very good. As for the the tub, I like its micro beads features and my granddaughter likes its colored water.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016

I love Safe Step tub's bath massage feature. The representative who handled our sale was a professional, charming, young fellow who was very knowledgeable about what he was selling. Their installers got here at 9:00, were out before 1:00, and they were very clean and efficient.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2016

Safe Step seemed to have more amenities with it - the heated seat and the level of the door. The person that came out to talk to me about it is very good. She explained everything that I needed to know about it. The installation team was very professional and did a great job in one day. However, I noticed one little area that they didn't finish with the trim. If I had caught it before they left, I would've asked them to put the trim on it so it would look the same as around there. That's the only thing that I noticed that wasn't perfect.

I can sit there like a Jacuzzi tub except I don't have to step down to get into it. I would usually use it at night because it puts me to sleep. It's an absolute great thing to have, especially as one gets older and has aches and pains. My husband finally got in and liked it too. I've used it more than he has. It's great, especially for older people, and would be great for young people too. I feel more relaxed when I go in there and I'm sure it's gonna get better and better every day.

Sales & MarketingFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2016

The Safe Step tub is great and I love its little jets. I lay in the tub for 30 or 40 minutes, and then I go to sleep. The company also has excellent sales reps who knew what they were doing.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2016

The Safe Step installation team were very good, in and out in four hours without leaving any mess to clean up. I like my tub's microchips. It's relaxing and therapeutic. I feel good. The next one should come with a radio and stereo.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2016

The Safe Step's salesperson has been very nice and the installation team was great. The tub is nice, especially the ease of getting in it.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016

I had a very enjoyable experience with Safe Step. I called two bathtub companies and they came first. The salesman was informative and real nice. The installation team was fast and clean. I like the jets but the switch that cuts on the back jets is too far for me to reach.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016

The sales representative at Safe Step Walk-in Tubs was very good and their installation team were fabulous. What they did in the length of time was unbelievable. I just can't get the hang of which buttons to push. And the tub is so deep that I'm going to need a bigger water tank to get the water up above the bathtub. To sum it up, every elderly person like me, at my age and even before my age should have one of these tubs because these are fantastic. I love it and I'm very satisfied.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2016

The MicroSoothe jets in my Safe Step tub are lovely. Their sales rep was great and a nice guy, and the installers that came in here cleaned up after themselves and had it all done in three hours.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2016

We love Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. Their salesman and installers were all very good. They were very professional and we were well pleased with everything. We would definitely recommend them to other consumers.

Sales & MarketingPriceFeaturesFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016

Since everything with its price and other factors fell in order and worked out, I decided to get the Safe Step walk-in tub. It takes a whole lot of water to fill it, but I love it and use it everyday. I love the fact that I can walk in it and sit down. Also, I've enjoyed talking with their sales rep. Safe Step is a great company and I would recommend them to a friend.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016

I broke my hip so I called Safe Step to have them send me a packet. Then they sent me a salesman with a packet, and he was very good. He sold us the tub one night and it was installed after a week. He explained everything and made it sound good. When he said, "This is an American company and it's made by Americans", that put the final settlement on it for me. The installation team did fine work. They had to remove woodwork from the door to get the tub in and they've put that all back nice and left everything as good, or even better than it was before.

I like the tub's back jets and it helps with the arthritis in my knees. But the best thing is that it wasn't that high the way it is, because I'm 89 and my husband is 93 so it's a lot easier than climbing in and out. I once had a lot of leakage because the easy knob which closes the tub, I accidentally hit it with my knee. But overall, the Safe Step tub is a good product and I would recommend it.

Customer ServicePriceFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016

Over other walk-in tub companies, I chose Safe Step for the value and what I get for the money. The salesman was good, knowledgeable and wonderful. He explained everything and showed comparison pricing. The installers were great and thorough. I had a good time with them. They did everything efficiently and it looked wonderful. I like the jets and I can sit and relax in there and soak in the tub for a change instead of the shower. We got a call from the main office welcoming us to the family and we got a card. I thought that was nice. It's a wonderful experience.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016

The big reason why we installed the tub was for Pete because he is very disabled and can hardly walk. It was very hard for me to bathe him but with the tub, it has become a lot easier. It helped me out immensely. Safe Step did a great job and did what they said they were going to do. They were very careful and cleaned up after. The tub was installed in a timely manner, and it was a good experience. I’d recommend them.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016

We love all the features of the walk-in tub we got from Safe Step. The micro-bubbles feature help with circulation and is very helpful. The installation also went off very well. They were in and out of here in one day and we were very happy about that. But we are waiting for them to come back because they had to take our bathroom door off and when they took it off they had to take the frame off too and the door wants to stick a little bit. And even though we like the tub we are very concerned that we've never received an owner's manual with it yet. We have called and requested and they told us over a week ago that it was being mailed from Tennessee but we still haven't received it. But up to this point they've been very good.

Installation & SetupFeaturesFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2016

I needed a hot tub because of health issues, and we got the Safe Step walk-in tub mostly for practical reasons. We are in a much smaller place and it wasn’t cost-effective to get the hot tub, but I researched and found that it has the hydrotherapy and jets were involved in it, and it would fit in the space we had in the second bathroom.

The sales representative was very professional. I would have preferred to have been able to ask more questions upfront than him giving me the whole preview of the thing. It would have been a whole lot more interesting if we interacted with my questions and needs, but he did a very good job with it. The Safe Step installation team were very efficient and effective. They got the job done and went over how to use it so it was very good.

My least favorite feature of the walk-in tub, which I didn’t think about when I got it, is that I cannot fill it before I get in it. It’s not like a hot tub. It is strictly the walk in and shut the door, and then you got to wait for it to fill before you can do much with your jets. What it was designed for is very effective for the people that need to be able to safely get in and out of it. It builds up to its name, Safe Step. It does not do a few things that I need it to do, but of all the ones that I researched, this one seemed to be top notch. Also, my husband was impressed that it was fully guaranteed and covered.

There is nothing wrong with the overall operation of it, but for my personal needs, it was a little bit less effective. We are in a retirement village, and everything is so much smaller here. I had a large house before moving here, and had a room built and I had a hot tub in my bathroom. When I needed it in the middle of the night, I could get in it. Here I’ve got to wait for 18 minutes, so it is not an immediate relief for me. I may have expected more out of it than what I actually wind up with.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingFeatures

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2016

I liked the idea of how much safety features it has, reason why I chose Safe Step Walk-in Tubs over others. The best feature of the tub for me is the MicroSoothe jets, especially for my husband who has circulation issues. I think everybody that has an issue getting safely in and out of tubs should have one of these. Moreover, their sales rep was terrific. She had a tremendous amount of knowledge about the tub and when she got to know my husband and I, she could actually point out where it would improve our quality of life. We are both disabled so she just knew exactly how it would help us. And she was 100% right.

The installation team was great, too! They came exactly when they said they would be here, explained everything to us that they were going to do. They had to cut some tile work that was done in that bathroom -- which we knew ahead of time -- and they explained how they were gonna do it to try and preserve as much of it as they could, and they did a fabulous job. Our contractor hasn't done the tile work yet because they had to order it but he hasn't really have a huge job ahead of him to replace what they had to take out. They were efficient also; they had to use some electrical tools and they told us that ahead of time because of the noise and we have a little dog in the house. They walked us through the whole thing. They could not have been more polite.

And when they were all done, they cleaned it all up. I didn't have to do a thing. Also, one of the gentlemen actually took my husband aside, went through the whole manual with us, showed us exactly how everything worked, let us ask questions. We sort of played with it a little bit to make sure we had an understanding of it. They were all wonderful!

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2016

There are a lot of features with the Safe Step tub, like the aromatherapy and the different colors I can use, and I like them all. Everything makes it a smooth, comfortable bath, and just the ability to soak is great. It seemed to be the best product in the market that's why I chose them over other walk-in tub companies. However, getting the installation team here was tough, but once they got here, they were really good. Unfortunately, there was one little error they had to come back to straighten out a couple of days ago which they did without any problem and I couldn't be any happier with the tub.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2016

Safe Step is hospital-utilized thus I chose to purchase it. When I told the sales representatives that I want it, they came back to take a look and take measurements and said it fits right in. They didn't have to tear down walls and I'm very happy with that. The installation team's verbal communication was excellent. They told me everything they were doing and I was very happy with the work. It turned out perfect - it was a beautiful installation. I like the fact that I don't have to step over a one-half foot wall to get out of the tub and I do not worry about slipping. However, the existing piping that they had to tie into is very slow to drain and I need to get it cleaned out or figure on how to replace the pipe. It takes as long to drain as there is to fill. Other than that, I'm very satisfied and would recommend it.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

My husband had fallen in the shower before, so we got him a Safe Step tub. It has different advantages over other walk-in tub company and since installation, it has eased my mind that he won't fall.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

Safe Step was advertised in some book I got in the mail. I said that this would help me and my husband a little bit, that was really a concern. I’m enjoying it and all of the attachments on it--especially the one that would wash my back off when I sit down, do most of the things it said and does. The guys that came out and installed it were very cordial and nice. They worked real hard and each one had their own job. They got along well and did everything to satisfy us. They were very good. However I didn’t ask how much it was and when he told me, I said, "Oh my goodness!" It's worth it, and I hadn’t realized it was such a high thing. Overall, we're very well-satisfied and we've been recommending them. We love it and we're doing fine with it.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

I'm enjoying my Safe Step walk-in tub. I like the bubbles because it relaxes me really well. The sales representative presented his briefing well, and I enjoyed it. Also, the installation team was wonderful, and seemed like they did it in nothing flat. I'd recommend Safe Step.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

Our interactions with their rep and installers were great. Their installers were in and out in about six hours and they showed us how the bathtub works. Everything went well and the tub is exactly what I wanted. I love its whirlpool action on my legs.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

I really enjoy my Safe Step walk-in tub. It's really nice and I like all its features. We had them come out and they explained everything about the tub. The installation team was wonderful, and did a good job. They took everything out before they put the tub in and they cleaned up everything. You couldn't tell they had been in there.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

I enjoy my Safe Step walk-in tub very much. Since the first time I turned it on, the back jets came on forceful but that has been taken care of - that was my doing. I didn't have enough water pressure. I also don't have any problems with the installation team. They came in and within seven hours, they were completely done and cleaned up. They gave me directions, a number to call, and my papers to sign.

FeaturesEase of Use

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

We had tried to get a tub through Premier Care and we had an interview with one of their salesperson back in 2012 when I was going through chemo. They told us we would have to hire an electrician to do the electrician work as well as a plumber. That turned us away from them. At that time I didn't want anybody else in my house, having to deal with them coming in and out and all the extra noise. But with Safe Step, they took care of everything. We didn't have to worry about anything else.

The people who put it in were exceptionally well-trained, well-mannered, and knowledgeable. They really got on the job. They didn't even take a lunch break. When I asked, they said, "We want to get through with the job and get out of your way as quick as we can." They wanted to do a good job and they did it exceptionally well. They explained things to us and we felt very comfortable and satisfied with them. When they left, it was working and going.

There's this one feature that bothers me a bit, though: as I step into the door and sit down on the seat, they have some control buttons on the right and once my hand gets on it or when I'm putting my elbow up there, it accidentally gets on the control and turns the pump on too soon. I don't know if they could put it anywhere else. I have to be careful when I'm stepping in the tub. But I'm getting used to it. We've had a good experience with Safe Step all in all. It's wonderful for relaxation.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

The people from Safe Step showed up at a good time and were really nice. The installation team helped us moved things. Everything was professional. We did what we had to do and we're glad we did. We're very pleased with our new walk-in bathtub. We like the micro jets on and in it and the massage water aromatherapy. The main thing is Roosevelt is 85 and he could get in and out of the tub. It's really nice. We're completely satisfied. We've recommended Safe Step to someone else, but they just don't have the money right now but they want one.

Installation & SetupFeaturesBilling

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

Safe Step has been marvelous and everything is going good. We had talked with some other people about other tubs and Safe Step's tub was more attractive to us. We were prepared to have the installation take a day and a half to a couple of days but when the installers came, they did it all in one day. So we were happy. I have knee replacements on both knees and having the massaging portion (when the water shoots out and massage about it) is simply one of the big things that I'm impressed with. Right now I'm waiting for them to send me the paperwork on payments but my wife and I have been using it and we're both satisfied with it.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

I like the fact that my tub from Safe Step has a walk-in feature and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

Our walk-in tub from Safe Step is for my mother-in-law. She enjoys the jets, the micro bubbles and the lavender aromatherapy. It makes her feel better. We went with Safe Step because of all the features, the service and it being made in America. The sales representative at Safe Step was great, very knowledgeable and helpful. He went above and beyond very much so. Their installation team were nice as they could be. Cleanup was great. We've already recommended Safe Step to someone!

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

I had an excellent experience with Safe Step. The people who installed this are really first class. They worked here until 10:30 at night. Everything seems to be working well. There are a couple of little issues but other than that, it really is nice. Plus, I like that it is easy to clean. I’m very pleased.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

Safe Step is a good choice since they have satisfied the Better Business Bureau. Their sales representative was great, very helpful and explained everything to my mother. All the guys who installed the tub were great too. They were very neat and did an excellent job. With Safe Step, my mother doesn’t have to worry because she's safer. Being able to walk in and sit down, take a bath on her own and being able to feel a little independent at 90, is really good for her.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

I’m satisfied with Safe Step tub and I like its massage part. The sales rep was polite, nice and he answered all of my questions.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016

​I looked at my veterans magazine and invited 3 tub people out to see what they could offer us, and Safe Step was the best for the money. I've had nothing but a stellar experience ​from the time the salesman came out until the installation of our walk-in tub. Everything was great. The installers, which I know are just contractors, worked fast and did a very professional job. They came in prior to the installation, measured everything, and put down papers on the floor so that the floor wasn't racked up. They had everything all figured out even before they came out to install, so that made our experience much better. We like the fact that our walk-in tub is so easily accessible.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016

Safe Step's installation team said they were going to finish in one day, and they did a good job. Everything is working so far and I love the tub's pulsating water jets for my back. I would recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016

Safe Step is better compared to other walk-in bathtub company and I love the heaters.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016

Safe Step has about everything for my age--I'm 80 years old and needed something I can get down into and take a bath without falling. The sales representative knew what he was talking about and the installation team explained the unit very good though I have problem in cleaning as they never told what to use to clean it with. So far, everything is very good, I like being able to sit down with it and the seat’s a little warm. The elements that they used with all the amenities are very nice and the only thing is that I have to get another heater as my wife loves it too.