1.49/5

Looking for new cookware?

120 Ronco Knives Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2015

I have had the 25 piece set for at least 15 years. I used to work for a food company that was connected with another cutlery line and I am addicted to my much heavier chef’s knife, but my wife will only use the Ronco chef’s knife. We use these knives EVERY DAY. They have performed flawlessly. The Ronco knife does not require sharpening but the others do require an occasional sharpening and take the edge very well. I guess that is why they come with a good sharpener. Twice in the fifteen plus years we have used them rivets have failed in the handles of knifes, once the shears broke. That's one failure every five years or so.

They were replaced for $2.50, $2.50 and $3.00 respectively. I am looking at their online ad at ronco.com, the shipping charge is clearly stated at $21 and change per set. That's less than one dollar per knife. So what is so bad? I have also enjoyed the Ronco Rotisserie for between 20 and 30 years. It too serves well. Bottom line, I have never had anything negative to say about this company. UNTIL NOW.

Only complaint: Recently lost my garnish knife. I called to replace it. They will gladly replace it for $2.50 shipping and handling if I send in the old damaged or broken knife. They do no warranty against loss and they do not sell individual knives so I am just stuck. However, they are not the heartless money grubbing company some other reviewers would have you think. After reviewing my account, seeing that I am a long time customer who needs some help, they decided to send me out a courtesy replacement at their expense. So I guess this is still nothing negative!

Original review: April 15, 2015

Please refund my money as you basically stole it. Soon I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the South Carolina State Attorney Generals office. I saw your TV offer which was looking good, but you conveniently concealed the outrageous shipping cost. I was going to order your knife set, basically a 2 for one offer. I filled out the order form but I never pushed submit to execute the order form, obviously after I observed the shipping cost I decided not to engage the submit button. However, the order went through any ways without my consent. Obviously, you have a flaw in your order system.

Just like your false advertising which stated a full refund for any reason with no questions asked whatsoever. When the product arrived at the post office since I never did order the product, I refused it and the post office sent it back to you. You took out $56.33 from my debit card ending in ** on or about 2/10/2015. I requested a refund on or about that date and I never got the credit back. Then again you unlawfully took out $13.33 on or about 3/11/2015, obviously without my permission. I called your 800 486 1806 number and explained the mix up and was advise not to worry I would get a full refund. So in essence, I want my full stolen money now not 30 days from now. I expect a confirmation refund email within 5 days with action reversing the 2 funds taken from my checking account. Since I am a senior citizen, I believe there are special laws to protect seniors.

Original review: April 10, 2015

My Ronco knives are falling apart. As far as the blades they are wonderful but my handles are coming apart. Ronco has sent me replacement knives but they are coming apart again. The knives are very unsafe to use. I purchased two sets one for me another for my son for a wedding gift. I called him to ask him how his knives were doing. He told me he tossed the knife set because his wife almost cut her finger off. He said he didn't want to tell us because it was a gift but the handles were coming apart and were unsafe to use. I don't recommend these knives to anyone.

Original review: March 23, 2015

I purchased Ronko knife after seeing the infomercial on TV. First they ripped me off with the price of shipping and handling. When I received the product, I send it back. Since December till date, three months later, I am yet to receive my refund.

Original review: March 23, 2015

I went on Ronco.com to buy the 40 pc knife set which was BOGO free. First of all no mention in the commercial is made about the knife block being 40 some odd dollars in addition to the price of the knife set, so I guess you're supposed to just throw 40 knives in a drawer or pay that rip-off price! Once I got on the webpage it asks you to click on the package you want. I clicked it and then it asks for your credit card info. I assumed (my bad for trusting people) that it would give me a chance to review my purchase and click a final time to make the purchase. Well NO it didn't. It just charged me $43.40 in shipping charges without giving me the opportunity to say no. It is shady and makes Ronco look like they are trying to scam their customers and that reflects badly on a supposedly great knife co. NEVER will I buy from these people again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ronco Knives?

Original review: March 22, 2015

I recently bought a set of the RONCO 25 Piece Knife Set and am thus far extremely pleased with the quality and performance of all of these knives. I don't really understand where all these people submitting negative reviews are coming from! I'd also like to mention that I purchased a Ginsu Knife set 20+ years ago. The version that has a utility knife that cut through steel cans and nails. And yes... I tested it myself and it absolutely does perform as advertised. I still use the steak and Chef knives to this day and they cut as well as the day I bought them.

For all the complainers out there... Remember you only paid $40 plus shipping and handling for (2) 25-Piece Knife sets so what are you crying about? You got an absolutely awesome deal to say the least! You get what you pay for... get real! What were you expecting anyway? Are you that far out of touch with reality? I have a single Henckel vegetable cleaver that cost me more than $100. An 18 Piece set of Henckel knives would cost you over $500! In summary, these are absolutely great knives for the money. You won’t find anything of this quality and value at any retailer.

Original review: March 19, 2015

Missing knives when got the sets and it says 3 easy payments and they offer 4 extra steak knives. This company totally sucks, nothing but lies. This company is just like our government, nothing but lies!!!! Don't waste your money and if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, post this to your friends and ask them to post it about RONCO THE ** COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

For the most part the product has not failed me. My #5 knife was damaged and I returned it 6 months ago and I'm still waiting for a replacement...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

I guess I am one of the few lucky persons. I purchased the Ronco six-star cutlery set about 10+ years ago. I have had extremely good luck with all of the set. I will admit that the shipping charges are extremely out of proportion to what it should be but it seems that everything purchased online has that gimmick. I use my set every day. I do not put them in the dishwasher and only wash them by hand. The only problem I have ever had was the scissors broke in half. For a $2.50 shipping fee, they were replaced in a timely fashion. I really use the chop and serve more than anything else. I just shredded 100 pounds of cabbage for Sauerkraut yesterday and it is just as sharp as ever. I am going to order a second one. Hope the quality of it is as good as the original.

I have also purchased (against advice of several people) the Pasta machine and 3 of the rotisseries - 2 for gifts and the Professional model for myself. I have had all of my items for 10+ years and they are still working as well as the day I got them. As I said before I must be one of the lucky ones. I have had great luck with all of them. The professional model of the rotisserie is no longer available. I have cooked everything I can think of including 24-lb turkeys in it and have had absolutely no problems. The persons I gave these rotisseries to as gifts like them as well and have had no problems. If I had read the reviews before I made my purchases, I may not have bought the items. But, so far I am happy with my items.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

We had the whole Showtime knife set with block. Well one of the knives broke in the handle. The rivets rusted and came apart. Well we kept it and it was when my wife ordered the one knife that didn't come with the set, it came with gouges in the handle so I called customer service and they said, "Return it for a new one." While on the phone I explained about the other one and she said, "Send it back with the other one and add a check for $3.00 for S&H." Well it's been 4 months now and I have no knives and they have my money as well, the three dollar check and the money I paid for the new knife!! This is unacceptable...

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

The rivets rot out. Very dangerous junk knives. Guaranteed? No. Threw them away. Highly advertised junk. Please save your money.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

Three wks ago I ordered the cutlery set on TV. It was buy one get one for 39.00. I thought, oh what a great deal. Ronco does not show you shipping and handling charges until after you make your purchase! I was floored to find out it was 58.00 to ship. I immediately called to have the order cancelled and was told it was too late. It was already being processed. The rep. told me to just refuse the package when it comes and as soon as they receive it, I'll get my refund.

Surprise! No refund. I called and was told I wasn't entitled to a refund because I had no RMA number. I wasn't told I needed one. Just refuse it. I'm then told shipping and handling is not refundable and the first payment I made would go toward a restocking fee! So they keep all my money and got nothing in return. 80 some dollars down the drain. I wish I had known how sneaky and underhanded this company is. I will never again buy from or recommend Ronco. They need some kind of penalty for their policies and practices!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

Ordered 2 sets of Ronco 25 piece knives. Thought it was to be 3 payments of 13.33 plus S&H. The knives ended up costing me 83.39. When I approved the initial price of $56.73 I was led to believe that would be the total price. Now they are charging my account $13.33 and another charge next month. I called customer service, I can return them but not get a credit for the $56.73. I will chalk it up to a rip off and learned a lesson. I received no invoice or order number.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

As I was slicing a pineapple, my utility knife split in half, in between the handle. Lucky I didn't cut my finger off, it ended looking like a jackknife. I guess the quality & so called craftsmanship is something to be desired, with this company. I am extremely unhappy with their product. Be very careful when using their knives. I'm not going to bother contacting them, it will cost me more in shipping & handling, than what a replacement would cost. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I have contacted Ronco for a receipt from a recent purchase of 2 knife sets. The receipt is needed to obtain a $20.00 refund they offered @ time of purchase. I have e-mail and phone contacted them and still have not received any reply. My last contact with them I said I would contact Consumer Affairs if they fail to reply again. Thank You!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I foolishly ordered the two sets of knives plus the extra knife block they "sold" me when I called. The total ended up being $120.84: more than I expected. I also agreed to the 30-day free trial travel thing that they said I could cancel any time; they even gave me a number to call to cancel. They said I would get an email confirmation so I could track order. I never got it. It's been over two weeks and I've not received anything. I called the travel number but it was a company that sells lockers. I called Ronco and they said it was shipped a week ago but they didn't have the tracking number in their system yet.

That's when I looked up these reviews and found out the claims in the commercial are a total scam. The quality claims and the replace for free even if it's your fault are probably going to be worthless! I think I'm just going to have to accept the loss and not waste my time trying to fight it. I will post more if I receive my order but I will not be giving the set with the knife block to my daughter for her birthday.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

Be careful when you order this product. One, you can get knives equal or better at your local target or Meijer and get it right away. The scam with Ronco knives is the shipping is more than the items many times. Each item has separate shipping the order, rep waived several shipping fees on the phone but when the order went through, all the fees were there. Over a hundred dollars more than I agreed. To be refunded you have to get merchandise then send it back at your expense and wait for a credit. Also takes over three weeks to receive. Be careful and no matter what they say on phone know they will charge you for every item shipped and tax the shipping too. Go elsewhere. Knives are nothing special to pay that much for them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

Purchased two complete sets (25 knives and wood blocks) of Ronco knives for my two adult sons (28 and 30 yrs old) as Christmas gifts from a late night Ronco infomercial. Neither boys wanted the Ronco knives because they purchased smaller sets of Ronco knives two years earlier (unknown to me) and the handles kept coming apart. And Ronco's shipping and handling fees were outrageous to get new free replacement knives under Ronco's lifetime replacement guarantee.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

I was up late one night and watched the ad for the knives. I thought how great it would be to get the TV offer and give for Christmas gifts. Even though I believed I was getting two complete sets, I didn't. I wrote 3 emails and received NO replies. The second knife block is obviously a ploy to get more money but the knives are useless without it. Shame on RONCO. How can consumers do a better job of alerting the public to the issues and how can I get a refund on the knife set I can't use? Even if they would offer me a discount I bet the shipping and handling of the very heavy block would be out of sight and more than I can afford.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

These knives supposedly have a lifetime warranty. I sent back 9 knives, with the required $21.70 because the rivets had rusted and one knife even fell apart. This was on October 27, 2014. I have since called 5 times to inquire about the knives, and each time I get the run around. I have provided them with the tracking info (they received the knives on October 29) and 3 different times I was told there is no package there. Two people told me they would have to put in a "ticket." I am very frustrated and am anxiously awaiting the replacements. I will continue to call.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2014

I placed order for knife sets in October 2014. Today is Christmas, have never received the product. And 7 phone calls to a very shady and rude customer service department - have not gotten a refund. Total scam and I will not let this go! Disappointed and disgusted with.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

Ordered 1 set get one free, with 2 blocks. Never got the 4 extra steak knives, as they said on the show. Called, they would ship, but with the holiday, maybe after Christmas. These were gifts, when you order they ship right away, 5-8 days. Ask about where other items are, should ship 3-4 weeks. Called to return, not a problem, just pay the $75.00 shipping and handling. Got nothing and still paying. Everybody was right, it's all about the cost of shipping and handling, return it and still paid. Stay away!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

We have been long-time owners and users of many of your products with too outcomes. However, several of our knives from the 25-piece set have broken, rusted out, or the handles cracked. I have tried repeatedly to contact the company with no responses. In all fairness, we have owned the set for several years but, I was told this was a lifetime set!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I have seen a lot of bad reviews, but most of the reviews are complaining about the "Shipping and Handling" charges. I will agree that it seems like a lot better deal than it really is, but if you have ever ordered anything off of an ad on television, the companies are always hitting you up for what seems like excessive shipping and handling fees. In my opinion you have to look at the full picture. I received two 25 pc knife sets with the knife blocks for about $3 per knife, including shipping and handling. I still call that a good deal.

The only reason I found this site was that I was looking to buy a few more sets for family members. The knives are good quality and very sharp, so far the best knives we have ever owned. I haven't had to return any knives yet, but I would imagine that with shipping and handling charges, that it would not be worth the hassle, even for a "free" knife.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

When I bought the knives, they said that it was going to be 158 but I got charged 177 in my bank account. When I received the knives, they were the lowest quality of knives I have ever seen. I am very disappointed and would not recommend these knives to anybody. If I could return them and get my money back, I would do it in a second. About 15 years ago I bought a set of Showtime six star cutlery knives and they were better quality than the ones I received. I also own a small set of Cutco knives so I know what a quality knife is.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

My fiance and I bought the set this morning. The total cost ended up being more than $83!!! Their infomercial is very deceiving. The consumer affairs reviews should have been read first before purchasing. I called back after reviewing them and spoke to customer service who had no "updated" record of our order. We were told to call back in 24 hours, as that is how long it would take to show up in their database. I let them know that we will be disputing this with our bank. Lesson learned. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

Am trying to return to obtain total amount plus shipping and handling charges. I am a senior citizen and my income is limited. I feel this company is not honest, ethical, and skirts the law. Why are there not Federal agencies through the Federal Trade Commission to represent the public? I feel that I have been seriously taken advantage of.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

Ronco Knives is a scam plain and simple. I blame myself for impulse buying and not researching product (especially when buying from TV ads). Tried to cancel same night but what a surprise they couldn't. Found out later my older son bought the same one's a year ago and threw most of them in the trash. He said the knives where too cheap and flexible to even use.

Will refuse shipping and I better get my money back. I haven't fell for scam like this in many many years. Really makes me upset. This just hurts TV advertising because I will never by from a TV ad again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I was online thinking that I might be interested in the RONCOCUTLERY.COM knife set. I started the order and when I found out that the shipping was $43.95 and the knife set only cost $39.95, I wanted to stop the order but, there was no way to stop it. I just shut down my computer before the order was completed, but I WAS STILL BILLED!! What a SCAM! You can't even stop the ORDER. What kind of GUARANTEE will you get when you can't even stop the order before confirmation?? I found way down on the page the shipping charges. I have NO confirmation of an order!!! Just took money from my account.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

I ordered two sets, one for me and one for a Christmas gift. I am embarrassed to give them! They are the dullest knives I have ever used; I should have kept my old ones! Even with buy one, get one, beware! The shipping costs are outrageous, defeating the savings, and the end result is a product I would never have bought even at Wal-Mart. DO NOT BUY THESE KNIVES. They are DULL.

Ronco Knives Company Information