1.49/5

Looking for new cookware?

Ronco Knives

Looking for new cookware?

120 Ronco Knives Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

We have had a set of the As Seen On TV Knives and we love them. I went online to order a set for my mom for Christmas because she liked them too. The site was ridiculous. It did not give me any totals, nor let me see my shopping cart. It put the order through before I was ready and never gave me a price or anything. I got an email with an order number but still no price.

I called the company this morning to cancel the order because I found the entire set somewhere else for a lot cheaper that included EVERYTHING in one price, not everything separately for separate prices, example block was separate for another fee, rocker knife was separate for another fee so on and so on. When I called them then and said I wanted to cancel my order the lady said that they couldn't cancel the order because it was already being processed. I asked for a supervisor, she said none were there but she would have one call me back very soon. That was 7 hours ago.

As soon as I hung up with her I called my bank and asked if a charge had gone through from Ronco, they said "no" and I explained what had happened so they closed out my bank card and Ronco will not be able to put the order through. I will never order anything from them again and I will strongly recommend to my friends and family that they do not order from them either.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

These are the WORST set of knives I've ever used. What a waste of money. This business should be shut down for false advertising. These knives won't even cut a piece of pizza. I had to use scissors to cut the pizza.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I also had problems with customer service answering any messages. I tried several times but with no success. Finally they just showed up one day past the 7-10 days. I was told they would be there or shipped. I will never do any business with the Ronco Co. again. I'll be glad to pay more if the people I am dealing with will do me right. Have a nice day.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

I have had this knife set for 10 years plus and they are great! I see a lot of reviews stating rust on the knives when they arrive or at a later time. I would just like to state I have lost or broken handles one or 2 knives and customer service, with no problem or questions, replaced immediately! If you received them and were not happy, could you not return them or have them replaced? Not sure about the whole story so forgive me if you had a hard time with Ronco customer service. I just wanted to say my experience. As far as the charges, yes please read fine print but I had no problems! Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

Lots of rust on the knives, and not as sharp as per commercial. Don't buy!!! This is their worst product. I do love their rotisserie though. What a great product! But these knives are absolutely horrible. And of course, I can't return them because it is a week past the one month warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ronco Knives?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Like so many of the other reviews (most?), I ordered THE knives. They immediately began to show rust spots and I only hand-wash my cutlery. It is a very poor quality stainless steel, not at all like they tell you. The handles are flimsy and nothing except maybe the cleaver are sturdy. They all bend, the bread knife is horrible, bends so much you can't cut a straight slice of bread, and the fork is totally unusable. They should be ashamed to distribute such a low quality product. I too tried to return but had not saved the original packaging so no return. And from what I hear, I would have been hosed on the refund anyway. Oh well, buyer beware. Next time, I'll search for reviews. Hope you don't make the same mistake!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

I only have two complaints. #1. The knives are not as efficient and durable as advertised. They are not worth the cost. #2. They are advertised at $39.99 or (3) payments of $13.99 plus shipping and handling. You must read on past the ordering and credit card input info at the end of the page to see what you're really paying. *Knife set $39.99 + $43.40 Shipping + Knife block $29.95 + $14.95 Shipping, Supposedly free set is $43.40 for Shipping + you have to add Taxes = $172.00 and if you order a knife block for the second set it there is additional shipping and handling of $44.90. You will actually pay a grand total of $216.90 in purchasing what is advertised (WOW) that's a big jump for those who don't read the fine print. Sadly, if you return the set they ONLY REFUND THE PRICE OF THE KNIVES AND BLOCKS $69.89!! No refund on any of the other charges, you will be at a loss of $147.01.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Lol. Just read the reviews AFTER I received the knives and realized they wouldn't slice a pepper. Lol. In the trash they go. Another lesson learned. I believe in karma, so be it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I was told I would get 4 free steaks knives with my order but didn't nor did I get my wooden knife block that I paid $29.99 plus $22.70 for delivery. When calling customer service I told them I didn't receive all my order. They said they will ship it out. When asking for confirmation number they said they don't have those. When asking for tracking number they said it's same one.. which it's not cause it says pkg delivered. When asking to talk to a supervisor I was told they didn't have one of those either. If I don't receive my knife block and 4 steak knives by next week I'm going to call back.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

We were watching TV and saw the Ronco 20 piece knife set advertised for $39.95 plus shipping and handling... We were looking for a new set of knives so it caught our attention. In the ad they were slicing and dicing everything from tomatoes to shoe leather. We would never have ordered from a TV ad in our lives but the persons speaking for Ronco on the screen were clearly saying that if we were not completely satisfied with the product we could return the merchandise and receive a full refund. We figured that a long existing and seemingly reputable company like Ronco would stand behind their products and their advertising. Well, guess what? No such luck. We received the knives about 3 weeks after ordering, WHAT A PILE OF CRAP!!! We couldn't cut our way out of a paper bag with these more than sub-standard knives.

We immediately decided to return said product. So, we called Ronco's customer service number only to be told that their policy is to refund only the actual product price of $39.95. Which means the following. Our actual out of pocket cost was $98.34 US including shipping and handling. Now if we wanted the $39.95 refund we must return the product (we must pay another shipping cost of approx. $58.00) to then receive our $39.95 refund. Do the math: Original total cost $98.34 plus return shipping cost of $58.00 = $156.34 - refund of $39.95 = (-$116.39). So the STUPID ** CONSUMER (ME) is now out $116.39 and is left with nothing in the way of product. NICE!!!

Let me be candid here. RONCO ARE THIEVES!!! Pure and simple. They know that no one is going to return the product to be out of pocket close to $120.00. WHAT A GANG OF SCAM ARTISTS!!! But I place most of the blame on myself. I knew it was too good to be true. I am referring here to the quality of the knives. I did not however expect to be stolen from by a long running corporation like Ronco. I figure that a certain percentage of their consumers would perhaps be ever so slightly satisfied with the product and the rest of us would return the crap merchandise and that would be for them part of the cost of doing business. Well, live and learn, Ronco are just thieves. Just saying.

Ronco Knives Company Information