toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best regards,

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

My experience was of the highest standards performed by Mr. Tim **. I have one concern and that is only one key fob was sent for this setup, and I would think that two (2) key fobs would be shipped as, generally, there are two (2) occupants of a residence.

New Customer - I was assisted by Charlie ** in sales. Charlie was amazing! I always thought a home security system would cost way too much, and break my pocket book! Charlie was extremely helpful, and put my mind at ease. The fees were super affordable, and I am a mother with 5 kids at home so money is tight! But I just purchased safety for my family for less than a pair of mid-priced shoes! Thank you Charlie!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

I have had Protect America as my home security system for over six years now. When I relocated to North Carolina, I wanted to have it transferred with me. Not only was I able to do so, but because the system I had is now outdated, I was able to get new equipment shipped to me at no additional cost, not even shipping & handling fees. The employees are very helpful if you're in need of assistance in installing your unit or just answering questions. In my opinion, Protect America is one of the best home security companies I've ever dealt with. Thank you Protect America!!!

Renae: Purchased system with her assistance. Excellent sales person and very helpful in guiding me through the process. My insurance carrier required this installation but thus far has been painless. Kevin: Helped me set up system, very helpful and patient. I had an appointment but decided to start the set up prior to my appointment.

I initially chatted with Dana and forgot my username & password. I was given someone else account user name & password. I was also asked for my security codes to link to my account & app. Dana did not provide much help and did not confirm that I was able to log in. When I chatted with Linda ** she did an amazing job assisting me. Responses were a little slow but eventually got the answers. I am a little disappointed that my replacement equipment will take 4 days to arrive since I am paying a monthly service.

Resolution In Progress

Protect America

We've had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Tomlinson and resolve his concerns.

Customer Protection Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

After finishing a three year contract with Protect America I chose to go with a different company. I notified Protect America of my decision which took 4 phone calls and long wait times, and after they spent 20 minutes trying to convince me to keep their service, they told me a 30 day written notice was required to cancel my service and that I would be charged an additional month because of billing cycles and it takes that long to turn the service off. I called at the beginning of the month and they are charging me for two full months after canceling. I will be paying for almost 2months of service I will not be using after finishing my 36 month contract! Their phone App was also not working correctly most of those 36+ months!

After over 12 years of being a loyal customer, these past couple of months have been a complete nightmare. I was provided inaccurate information, follow up and feedback has been almost non existent. The wait time to even speak to a representative averages over 45 min. I would prefer to take my losses and move to another company.

I tried to call customer service this a.m. they said they were busy. When was the best time to call. Gave them a time this p.m. and have heard nothing back. I have been on the phone for 20 minutes trying to talk to someone. Customer service? What a joke. Finally spoke with J.R. in Austin he was excellent and very helpful.

Please note how professional, patient, and forthcoming Derek was with the sale of the security system. He took the time to listen to our issues and address all questions. I'm still waiting for the system to arrive, so I'm only giving a 3 as far as value and installation for now.

On Jan 2016 I was so exciting when I purchase my first home and finally decide to a get home security. I had contact several companies and finally decide to settle with Protect American home security but behold the worst is yet to come... I sign up 36 months contract with them. At the time of the contract the seller person didn't told me that I have get a city permit to have a home security alarm in my house. On Oct 20 the alarm goes off and I personal disarm and never call from the monitoring station. 10 minute later the police was knocking my door. A month later I get $296 dollar plenty for not having permit from city of Houston... That's something couldn't been avoided in time of the contract. MOST OF THE TIME THE SYSTEMS DOES NOT WORK.

Looking for an alternative to ADT and remembered my previous home security. So I called them to compare quote from other provider and end up going back. I end up with a good deal and an excellent service. I can not wait for the system to arrive. I will recommend this to friend.

I ordered a home security package, 3 door sensors, 2 motion sensors. Then ordered a smoke/heat detector. Then ordered 2 garage overhead door sensors, and a window sensor. One of the overhead door sensors was reading erratically. We tried one thing after the other to get the thing to read consistently, it just seemed like it was faulty. They finally decided to send me a replacement sensor. I dealt with several people over their live chat, they were very easy to work with, friendly & professional.

Protect America

We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience thus far! That is definitely not the standard of service that we strive for at Protect America, and we would very much like the opportunity to speak with you about this and ensure we have addressed your concerns. Please feel free to email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we would be happy to set up a time to speak with you about these issues and provide all options for resolution.

Best Regard,

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

When you think of security company... the times you need them most are in the middle of the night! When we arrived home after a trip, we could not get into our home and the only person we could actually talk to was a tech assistant on the phone! They told us that we could get into our house and that they would notify the police not to come to the house, but that the alarm would continue to be activated until support arrived the next morning!! Spent 1.5 hours outside of our house before we were able to get in!! ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A SECURITY COMPANY!!! Do not do business with them... Their customer service is rude and they are unwilling to correct wrongs when they make mistakes!!

Matt and Kevin are remarkable. If the rest of your sales team and installation team mirror these two, Protect America wouldn't have any competition. My son and I were intimidated with the installation process but thanks to Kevin **, my son and I are both standing a bit taller.

I really do not have anything good to say about this company right now. We had a billing issue in October 2015 and I received a bill. I called them and it was taken care of within a month. When we got our debit card with a chip in it, I didn't realize there was a problem because I thought we were using the checking account instead of the debit card. You would think this would be no big deal, right? Send another invoice, I call, get it taken care of. Except I didn't receive an invoice this time. Maybe there was an issue with the post office. No big deal, right? I'm sure they'll call & leave a message, right? They called, but didn't leave a message.

So I guess I should be able to psychically tell who is a solicitor, a wrong number and a customer service person calling about my account, right? That's a little bigger deal to me. I really think it shouldn't be too hard to just leave a name and number with a "Please call us back" message, but apparently, that's just a little too hard for this company to manage. Hmmm... How about email? Surely they can email me if there is a problem, right? After all, they send me emails with their newsletter and a sensor thing that would pop up. That can't be too hard, can it? Just an email? Except that they have a made-up yahoo email address that I have never heard of that I don't have that they have been sending the billing issues to. But they claim they don't change anything on your account without our permission. But don't worry, because the "nice" people I finally got in touch with to try and address this let me know it was my fault.

It was my fault that I didn't call back the random number with no caller ID on my phone to find our what they wanted. It was my fault that I didn't respond to an invoice that was lost or delivered incorrectly (or chewed up in machinery). And, of course, it was my fault that they were using a completely different email address to send these billing issues to and not the email address they had sent every other email to since 5/14/14. Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

We specifically asked this company if we could cancel the service with military orders to move because so often we end up with security systems in military housing. They told us we could and that we would have no problem doing so. But even with a heads up that we were moving they continued to charge us. Finally we notified our bank because they wouldn't stop charging us and close the account. Now they have sent creditors after us for way more than we could possibly owe with their low $19 month plans... completely ridiculous. Also several of their ad sites claim BBB accredited but they most definitely are not! In fact they are listed as 95% negative customer feedback from them!

Switched from ADT to Protect America. They were great the first few months then something changed. Customer service totally went away. Constant issues with app not arming or reporting. Cameras not working. I've literally called them over 15 times in a year about system issues. Of course I made a huge mistake and have a contact that offers no short rate. Take my advice. Do not get their service. It is not reliable and customer service is non-existent especially in an alarm event. Today alarm going off for 4 or 5 mins. No notification... No call from monitor service. Called Customer service and still haven't heard from them yet. That was an hour ago.

Agent assisted in correctly setting up the new panel and changing a few sensor settings. Sensors were initially set for no delay and would set alarm off when trying to leave the property. Sensors were reset, alarm system is now up and working.

The sales agent is very caring and knowledgeable. Protect America's pricing was very competitive. For a few bucks a month it gives you a peace of mind. The cost of equipment was minimal. I personally liked the dyi aspect. I can't wait to see my homeowners rate drop.

Protect America

We are very sorry to hear of your father's recent experience with PAI. We are working to reach a resolution for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Very disturbed with sales and customer service staff in misleading a 86 yr old man, my father, in security protection device. He was unaware of the monthly cost and 36 month term. No contract agreement received at time of deceitful sale by representative. Not to mentioned installation on sensors with windows done improperly and unfinished. Do not want! Did not want! Remove and end this service. The Better Business Bureau will be contacted.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. If you ever have a job loss or any kind of emergency, they refuse to let you out of the contract. Equipment is faulty, it's just an experience that has put me on the bad side of security companies altogether. Never, ever agree to a long term commitment with this company. They dog you to death for payments as well, calling at your work 5 to 6 times a day.

Very friendly and very nice, most people selling items try to get you to buy everything. Here I felt comfortable with the rep. Will continue to do business and will recommend this company. Why do I have to type more words - I like you guys but now I'm annoyed. Please fix this.

I signed up for their service several years ago. I rarely used it, but still paid for my service. When I was ready to move out of the home I occupied related to the system (due to divorce), I asked them to cancel my account. I wasn't using it and could not transfer it. They absolutely REFUSED to cancel my account and told me to transfer it to someone else - ANYONE ELSE. They didn't want to lose the money! I never saw a three-year contract and the customer service person I spoke with did not want to work with me at all or furnish me a copy of said contract when I requested it. Extremely RUDE and tried using strong-arm tactics with me while continuously harassing me with phone calls. Fast forward to a couple months ago, they called again after not hearing from them for a couple years.

The person who called me (I didn't get his name) was, again, using strong-arm tactics and was very rude and disrespectful. The most unprofessional company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I now see they have sent my account to collections after all these years for an account THEY refused to cancel. Not only am I disputing this with the credit agencies, but I will be contacting an attorney. From other reviews, I see I'm not the only one experiencing a horrific experience with this company. BUYER BEWARE - STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

The site operator Dana helped me out with today's install. I am usually rather tech savvy so it is weird for me to have help with things like this. Getting help through chat is always rather difficult. Thank you for being the first chat assistant that was rather clear and was able to alleviate any problems I had promptly and briskly.

I compared Protect America with a competitor and had Louis as my sales rep. He was patient, thorough, and very helpful. I took a long time to decide on a system and would put off conversations but he continued to follow up when I asked him to and always answered my questions with no problem. He gave good advice and is a great start to my experience with the company. Hope it stays that way!

My experience with the product and customer service has been all positive. The product is easy to use, but effective. I feel much safer with the product in my home. Anytime that I have contacted customer service, the representative has been helpful and courteous.

So I've only been a member for less-than-24-hours, but here's my experience so far: Your customer service so far has been awesome. Considering I left CPI for you guys mainly for better customer service, this has been awesome, so thank you for that. The one complaint I have so far is that the website and the app for controlling my home remotely is pretty dated. I'd love to see updates to those to have a more modern-looking UI and to be able to utilize things like Touch ID as my password on my iPhone's app.

Protect America Company Profile