toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best regards,

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Great experience switching from our old provider to Protect America. Value can't be beat. Customer service person, Lauren, was pleasant and knowledgeable. Looking forward to installing this new system next week. Thank so much for your assistance. Very satisfied customer.

I recently called in to troubleshoot why I wasn't able to receive email notifications when arming and disarming our system. The customer support specialist was absolutely professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and very courteous! We are very pleased to have such wonderful support! The support specialist was able to determine that the problem could be fixed by a firmware update. The firmware update was applied and the issue was resolved. Thank you so very much for your fantastic and professional help! We will absolutely recommend Protect America to everyone we encounter! Thank you!

Rene, the Protect America sales rep was amazing. Professional, yet cordial and very personable. She was extremely patient and answered all my questions intelligently and straightforward. She made every effort to build the perfect system for me while preserving to maximize the perks and discounts to close the sale.

Protect America is awesome. The service is great both in pricing and equipment. Never had any problems. When we have made additions in our equipment, the customer service reps, both online and on the phone, have always responded quickly and pleasantly. They have never failed to assist us in any way possible. We highly recommend Protect America to everyone we talk to who's in need of home security.

Namiah has helped me on several occasions. She is terrific! She really represents Protect America well and should be commended. I am in a difficult situation because of a stalker and help like hers is invaluable and adds to the sense of security your system brings us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Martha ** is an asset to your company, I'd like to Thank You for hiring her. Her attentions to detail is appreciated. Her focus at the tasks at hand was precise. I will recommend your company in the future. Thanks again for helping me keep my home safe.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Protect America

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about this and ensure we have addressed your concerns. Please feel free to contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I sold my home last year and called in to cancel service on the day of closing November 2016. They require that you send an email to process the cancellation. I received a confirmation but months later I get a past due balance notice. I called in to resolve issue and forwarded copy of email I received for cancellation 5 times and I was forced to sign the agreement which indicates I will be charged for 2 months after the date this was signed in order to stop further charges when in fact it was their negligence to process the cancellation when it was originally requested. Is this even legal??? We were loyal customers for 3 years.

Protect America

Original review: March 2, 2017

The sales person on the phone took advantage of my wife, who did not understand what she was committing to. All of the hardware that was sent to us was immediately returned to the company, but I was advised that we were committed for 3 years of service... No refund could be made... No recourse. This company has VERY DECEPTIVE sales practices and should not be allowed to conduct business in this manner.

So far the service has been excellent! From the salesperson to the installation staff everyone has been professional and personable. Very helpful with any questions I've had to call back with. Installation was easy. The equipment seems to be of decent quality and is working perfectly.

Cynthia was great on the phone. Walked me through everything. The order process was simple and worry-free. Seems like a great deal and it will make my daughter safe. I also like that the equipment can follow wherever she goes.

Service is very satisfactory. I have no complaints. Most, if not all, representatives are above average in explaining all the features offered and always help answer any questions. I have been with the company for years, maybe 15 years and have never had any complaint.

Protect America

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Protect America made promises which they did not honor. They offered me full house coverage but did not have all equipment for installation. They of course didn't mention that they didn't have full equipment until after they drilled holes and had already installed half of the system. They installed half of the house with a promise to return at no cost to complete the installation. They reportedly ordered the additional sensors and control panel and promised to return to complete the install which never happened.

I received only the control panel and when I called to inquire, they advised the additional sensors would cost double my monthly fee. In addition they would charge me to install the second panel that I had paid for. They offered no alternative and didn't seem concerned with my concerns. I was now stuck in a 3 year contract for a service I would have never signed up for had I known the true cost to cover my entire home. I would have selected a service from a known Security company.

Fast forward two + years later I asked for information on adding or upgrading the sensors and again covering my entire home. I was advised of the additional cost and new contract with no real options and still no upgrade to the newer technology. They didn't even offer an additional motion detector which would cover some of the remaining house. A burglar could "break" my windows or open a window that had no sensors and the alarm would not activate so I did not have real coverage.

A nationally known and higher ranked security company offered to cover my entire home and garage with the newest technology for a few dollars less than the amount paid to Protect America and I immediately changed. In addition they include a theft protection guarantee that will cover me should anyone break into my home and they don't respond. I was horrified when I did not receive a call from Protect America once my control panel was disabled and removed. I guess in the end I had no real coverage after all.

I immediately called Protect America to cancel and asked for my balance. I had a few more months on my contract and was ready to pay the penalty. The service and info I received from the new company was invaluable. The Customer Service rep did not advise when I called that the only way they would accept a cancellation is a written one. I received a bill several months later which I paid and would effectively end my relationship so I thought. 4 months later I received a collections letter.

When I called Protect America, the consultant was rude and stated they defaulted my account several months before receiving my last payment (likely done after my call to cancel them). He said I needed to take my issue to the collections agency. When I told him I had paid them as requested when I received their bill he researched and then stated he would contact the agency and advise them of my payment. If I had not challenged him I would have been required to pay the Collection agency even though they received payment. I received a collection letter months after they received my final payment.

Research and use a better Security company. One that is Nationally known and offers true monitoring with the most up to date equipment. With my new company when a sensor failed they called me; so they are monitoring the entire system. With Protect America I received no such calls when their equipment needed batteries or failed.

Derek ** is a great salesman. Not pushy or overbearing. Very knowledgeable and took extra time to answer my many questions and concerns. Great experience with buying my system tailored to my needs. You can't beat not having to pay outrageous upfront cost for equipment. Highly rated on several websites.

The purchase was easy and there was no pressure. Derek did a great job of selling us the right equipment for our home. The installation was easy but took longer than expected. We kept being switched on the phone between installers. We are happy with the overall alarm system.

Terminating service. You folks have been great. No complaints. I just need the money more than I need the alarm system. And also, I live with my 80 year old mother, and she just finds it stressful to have to remember how to use the keypad to come in and out of the house if it's armed. Thanks.

Protect America

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Company sucks! 30 phone calls in 9 months. Alarms go off without any reason. Alarms falls off windows due to poor fastening... Velcro! Alarms go off, no phone calls to you or police. Better off hiring a hobo to sit outside so you can shoot intruder! Company sucks!

Excellent service!!! The Rep, Louis ** was very knowledgeable and considerate of me and my budget when recommending a package. Bingo!!! He is outstanding!!! I am very pleased with the package purchased today and I look forward to the service it will render.

New home alarm system bought and installed 2-11-17. Great experience working with Jeremy, Nick and Blake in the sales and installation process. Good directions, easy to install and done quickly. Also interested in the affiliate program as well. Thanks.

Protect America

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Back in Sept. of 15, I answered a call from a great salesman that ended up selling me an alarm system that I did not need but gave him the business. Said equipment would be sent out & they would call to install it. I explained I traveled a lot so it will be hard to make contact with & he said they would work with me. Connected in December, finally spent hours the phone all to no avail because when he went to connect the main box it failed. He was angry but apologetic promising me he would send out the new equipment & call me to personally set it up. Very professional & I reminded him of my traveling issues. I did receive the new equipment and put it away in the closet & forgot all about it. Because it was not something I really wanted so I forgot about it.

The very professional guy never made contact with me again. No messages, nothing. Let me warn you that nobody in this organization ever calls you back I've learned. So I had no alarm system working, the company rep not calling & a potential traveling customer. In October of 2016 I get a bill charging me from Protect America for a service I am yet to receive. I'm thinking that's crazy & called & spoke with a Courtney I believe. She wanted me to set up my alarm & I said I would be happy to when you give me the credit back from all the money you have been stealing from me. Come to find out after checking my bank statements they had actually been taking money out of my account for over one year, since Sept. of 2015!!!

For an alarm service they knew I did not have due to them sending me faulty equipment. That is stealing. She said she did not think there would be a problem getting my credit & I reiterated that I would not hook up my alarm till the slate was clear & we could start over. So what did they do, once again nobody called me back to resolve anything AND they continued to charge me for an alarm I still don't have working. Unbelievable!!! So the next time I was home to take a call they are calling me for delinquent payments, not to proceed with my credit & the setting up of my alarm.

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up. So I spoke with a woman named Wanda in the billing department and she basically tried to blame me for everything & said she could possibly give me a 2-3 month credit. "What. So I am going to let you steal from me for 17 months and just say ok." No I told her I wanted a full credit because they were selling me something. They sold a good that I NEVER, not once received & expected me to pay for it. In fact my next call is to the Attorney General's Office. So Wanda assured me that she would look into it and get back to me with some sort of resolution. Well I forgot I was dealing with Protect America, they do not return calls.

Fast forward to this week and my husband starts getting harassing calls every day at his office. I start getting calls & threats that they were going to turn me over & report it to the Credit Bureau. So once again I have to place a call to remind them that I owe them nothing! They better not turn me over to the credit bureau because they owed me money! A girl from the billing department called and she was quite sassy and obviously had her marching orders about what she was told to tell me. She was not very bright & could not understand my story & kept telling me it was all my fault. By now I'm convinced I have been trapped in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Little did I know I had a third party listening in to my call. Never introduced himself so I had no idea about their little conspiracy. I am pretty sure that is against the law. Now enters Damon, the business manager. Having been in the business world my whole life, I have never come across a more rude & condescending man in my life. After listening in to the call his mind was already made up just like the girl that was not very bright. Only Damon's chosen route to put this issue to rest was to imply that I was stupid and could not follow the path my account had taken. Even to the point that he suggested I get a pen to write down the dates he was telling me so I could follow the conversation.

Well Damon may intimidate other unsatisfied customers but he will have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to intimidate me! His last remark on this topic was that he was going to turn me over to the credit bureau if I did not give him a payment right then. He then refused to give me any names above his manager who he said would call me back in a few days. 2-3 days I believe it was. Are you kidding me? Who does business like that Protect America? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

So I have realized after talking with so many people that this company is running some sort of scam. I was never told by the sales department that I would start being charged that month in Sept. of 15! I never would have agreed to buy it. I know how hard I am to get a hold of. Nobody is going to agree to pay for nothing. Then talking to the billing department they seem to be reading off a script.

Nobody in upper management can be spoken to. They don't return calls, so I can't help but believe they are very familiar with scamming people. I would tell any person out there don't fall for the salesman. They are nice sounding guys. But after you hang up that phone don't be sure you will get what you paid for. Anything that goes wrong they will try to blame you! They take no responsibility for their product even when it is delivered broken the very first time. It is up to you to coordinate the repair & install. Protect America is a horrible company! Stay away from them!!!

Victor was an amazing rep. He helped me through this process very well. I only decided to become a Protect America member because of my experience with Victor. He provided all the details to all questions I asked and also additional information. I appreciate Victor so much. I emailed the CEO to publish Victor's excellent customer service. Thanks again Victor and thank you Protect America.

Dear Neal:

Protect America Inc. has been protecting homes and families for 25 years. We are concerned to hear about your experience. It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We were unable to reach you at the phone numbers you provided. Please email us at customerprotection@protectamerica.com to set a time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Yours truly,

Customer Protection

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I just noticed after several months that I have not been receiving any response to my alarm system. Well, to my dismay, your system doesn't work with Vonage; So I decided to cancel your services; not because you didn't offer something else but mainly because of your poor customer service. The rep was quite polite, albeit, but did nothing to address my current concern... approximately 6 months of charges with no service. I explicitly stated that this was the main issue, but it was promptly ignored and simply offered future credits IF I upgrade to a 3 year contract. Really?

I never got my issue addressed, ignored the fact that I had no service for the past 6 months and STILL have no service and to boot, the customer service rep advised that I was going to not only not receive any past refunds, but actually have to pay for 1 more payment in the month of March! Unbelievable. Would you please address this? I really don't believe I should be charged another cent. Do you think that's fair? Really?

Louis was the best phone rep I have ever had the chance to work with. He was patient and knowledgeable about the product and services I will need in my home. Great on every level. I ended the call feeling like not only did I get a great deal but will be in good hands moving forward.

I do not understand the negative reviews I have seen here. I have used Protect America for almost 10 years and find them to be extremely reliable. Their customer service has been helpful and patient when I have had problems with their equipment. This is a self install system and that includes fixing problems with equipment. But they have successfully talked me through the repair. They have also replaced equipment, when necessary. They have also help me with testing the system. The only complaint I have is that the smoke detector cover is difficult to remove and put back on when replacing the battery. The batteries are proprietary and have to be ordered from Protect America. But they last a long time.

Great service. The customer service rep did a great job taking the time to answer all my questions. I feel confident in Protect America's customer service that they will always be there for me. Thank you for helping to protect my family. I appreciate it very much.

I was looking for an alarm service for my new office and Bradley ** helped me feel so at home with Protect America. Upon searching the internet for alarm service companies, I found myself flooded with links leading to me to overpriced installations with very high monthly recurring costs. Then I came across Protect America. They provide all the services their competitors do, they provide AT NO COST all the equipment that their competitors charge you for, and their recurring monthly cost is lower than the competitors. Everything this company is doing right it seems. My recommendations are things that only make the company even better, not one thing negative I can find so far. ALL customer service reps that I have spoken to have been AMAZING. So courteous, knowledgeable, and diligent to get questions answered while I am on the phone. Love Protect America! Absolutely the best option for Small Business Security Needs.

I am a new homeowner and I always said to myself that as soon as I purchase my first home I will do everything as possible to be able to afford home security to protect my love ones. I called all day today getting estimates from ADT, Frontpoint, etc... my last call was to Protect America and I ended up loving the new customer deal that they were offering me. The sales associate mention that I will also get one yard sign but when I asked if I could please have 2 more so I can placed them on my backyard and also on the carport entrance he said that unfortunately he was not able to do so. He was extremely kind and an awesome salesperson and probably did not depend on him but something so simple like denying a yard sign I felt is definitely not a good way to begin business with you.

My experience was of the highest standards performed by Mr. Tim **. I have one concern and that is only one key fob was sent for this setup, and I would think that two (2) key fobs would be shipped as, generally, there are two (2) occupants of a residence.

Kimberly,

Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to see that your equipment concern has been resolved. If there is anything else we cas assist with please email us at customerprotection@protectamerica.com

Protect America, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have only been with this company for about 1 month and it has been a complete nightmare. The people who answer the phone are very rude, it sounds like they are at home and your interrupting their day. You pretty much are the technician of the system. I called them to tell them my alarm system would not work from my phone it was giving an error 001, they could not assist me, that I had to be next to the alarm. What good does that do?

So I had to wait a day to get home with no protection on my home and then when I got home I had to take the panel apart myself to be told "Oh i just checked we have been having some problems with the panel, so now we have to send another mother board, oh and by the way you have to replace that yourself." Take it apart and put it in myself, what a joke a 3 year contract. I feel like I have been scammed, this is just awful. So no security until I get a panel, maybe or maybe not, I did not feel assured with whom I spoke to and it's big and bulky.

Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback! We are concerned by your cancellation experience. Please allow us an opprotunity to resolve your concerns by emailing customerprotection@protectamerica.com.

Protect America

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Poor customer service/ dishonest. DO NOT BUY! Buyer beware the sales people will try to buy the equipment and tell you that you can return equipment. I had to pay $79 restocking fee because I did not refuse package although I never opened package and wanted to return it less than 1 day of being delivered. Salesman was misleading. There is a reason they are not BBB accredited and have 500 poor reviews.

New Customer - I was assisted by Charlie ** in sales. Charlie was amazing! I always thought a home security system would cost way too much, and break my pocket book! Charlie was extremely helpful, and put my mind at ease. The fees were super affordable, and I am a mother with 5 kids at home so money is tight! But I just purchased safety for my family for less than a pair of mid-priced shoes! Thank you Charlie!

Protect America Company Profile