Call toll free
4.03/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2437 Protect America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We are taking over the existing system from our daughter as she no longer needs it but she had a contract with Protect America and we did not have any system and based on her recommendations we decided to take it over.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I needed help changing date and time on my system. The CSR was fast and explained everything thoroughly and I had it taken care of very fast! Going through the app on my phone and using the live chat was great.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I wanted to change my monthly auto-pay from a Visa account to a bank checking account. Went and logged in on-line to my account. Then asked and completed this change done via on-line live chat; all went easily and quickly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Aly was extremely helpful & gave me the information I needed. I was also sent the support website link for information on testing the system. Account is for my brother Harold, who lives in Georgia. Please thank Aly for us.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

"Aly" walked me through testing my system through Chat very well. Her instructions were so good, I had no questions during the actions taken. She also answered my question to the wireless cameras, which the company does not have, quickly and professionally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Whenever I call, I always have an amazing experience and always get an answer to my questions. Whether it be for installation, maintenance, or questions in general, I always can get help via live chat or over the phone. And Dave was great and to the point today!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Really appreciate all the help. Aly rocked. Aly was quick with instructions and I felt handled my concerns well. Aly also expressed great compassion. Even through chat I felt the connection. I really think Aly is skilled and I love that Protect America has worked so easily with me. I was a bit surprised when I started the help via chat to find a real person as I had no idea it would be so great and not an automated text robot. Thank you Aly. Keep being awesome :).

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Aly was more than helpful at putting the window back online and testing the system to make sure the window sensor worked. It was quick and easy working through the chat feature on the web site. I highly recommend Protect America to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I signed up a year ago with Protect America, it has been a disappointing experience to say the least. They charge a rather large amount for monthly fee I feel and the equipment does not work most of the time. I have called them several times and can pay shipping to return their product that doesn't work? I don't think so, I have asked several time due to this and the fact that I am paying 47.00 a month for nothing. Can they let me out of the contract? Sure if I want to pay the remaining 2 years off... They are wonderful when you talk to them to sign up, after that it gets a bit hectic and you can get nowhere with them. Will never recommend or use once I get out of this contract!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I just had a great online customer service experience. The person online was able to address and fix my issue with ease. My indoor camera was accidentally knocked over and the stand broke, I didn't need the whole camera replaced but they were nice enough to send me a brand new camera with stand since they don't sell the stand by itself.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Top notch service! I tried & tried to call in with no answer, so I tried to chat, Best choice by far! I had the pleasure of working with Jenny! She is amazing! I was thinking of ordering more sensors but wasn’t sure, they were on sale and she told me she would lock in the sale price so when I got ready to order I could with the sale price. Messaged her back today & she got me all fixed up under 5 mins, no wait time and no hassle!!! She is a dream! Love my Protect America!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had an issue with my system being offline. The customer representative, Gloria, understood the issue and was able to walk me step by step through the process to get my system back online and fully functioning. As the system was updating, she even provided me the % of completion to keep me informed. Thanks so much. We are glad to be a customer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Jenny spent quite a bit of time helping me configure my system. She was patient and thorough. I can’t say enough about how pleasant she was through everything. If not a raise, at least single her out at the next staff meeting and bring her her favorite donut.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Gloria helped me gain access to my account. The site itself would not register me even with the correct information but Gloria addressed the issue promptly. I needed to update my payment account but didn’t have access initially and couldn’t establish one without the appropriate assistance.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Protect America app on our phone was stuck in a delay mode... with a sensor stating it was open since we arrive home. The main control panel was disarmed but the delay error was still on phones and then I checked thru the online app as well and it was the same. Contact your support via chat and they had me arm and disarm my system via main control panel... This reset the app... so all good now. The support person was very helpful!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Neal was very helpful today helping with all my questions and issues with my control panel and account. He was able to verify and confirm that I needed new module, he helped order and ship to me. Also helped with few system config changes.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Had to order a new window sensor. Aly helped me get it set up, updated my firmware, and helped me test it to be sure all was working. Very polite and easy instructions! Great experience! Thank you for keeping it home safe.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Requested deletion of 2 sensors and a motion detector we do not have in service. Was extremely pleased with the quick service from CHAT - a pleasant experience. Will be chatting back when I have a credit card with me to purchased a 2nd smoke detector.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Very quick customer service. Very knowledgeable and polite. They never seemed rushed when communicating with you. I would recommend them because it’s a great value. Although you do your own install they are with you every step of the way.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The customer service rep was extremely helpful, very responsive, and was able to help me with logging in immediately, as well as renewing my agreement. Very happy with the help and will recommend Protect America to anyone in the market for home security.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Julian was an amazing representative to work with. He stayed on the phone with me for nearly 2 hours until all of my new sensors were added. He also helped me purchase some new security equipment. I am excited to install it and I hope Julian will be able to help me when I get my new equipment in the mail. I am a very happy long time customer.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Recently I had a sensor that went off twice without any reason. I read that the battery might need to be changed so I tried that and the system was still telling me the window was open, so I contacted customer support at Protect America. My support person Gloria was just outstanding. We did several tests on the old one and she said that it appeared I needed a new one. They would send me one for $5.00 since it was under warranty, but I had went ahead and took advantage of their winter sale and purchased a couple extra just in case. Anyway, she helped me clear my history status, and then I installed the new one which we tested. She walked me thru the entire process. After deleting the old sensor and registering the new one, we set it up and my system is now back up. I am so glad to have had the great support and want to thank Protect America and its great staff, and thank Gloria for her help and patience.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had 2 windows replaced today and I couldn't get the magnets off the old ones, Gloria assisted me and di a great job, very quickly and in no time at all, they are on their way! Very pleased today, thank you Gloria... Happy New Year and stay safe!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Changing account information to pay - The woman who helped me was very knowledgeable and amiable. She told me exactly what to do. I registered and signed on and changed my information. She was on the Chat service. It was a pleasure to interact with his agent. I have to call customer service to reconnect my service. I look forward to the same kind of assistance. Thank you again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I really enjoyed my service with Protect America, I am ending my service because my contract has come to an end. The staff for the customer service is outstanding, every time I call, I always have a pleasant experience. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Great chat services, with prompt service and most of the questions and concerns answered to my request. Very pleased. I had Protect America for over six years and I'm very pleased with the response to alarms activation and customer support when needed. I will continue using their service, overall is more efficient than the competition. Price is reasonable.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I did a chat with Dave, he was very helpful & patient. I hope he'll pick up the next chat I have... I was offered to renew my contract and given several free offers to go with that. He updated my profile as well as make sure I could access my account. HE WAS AWESOME!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Dave put our new system into test mode so we could test out the Alarm.com app on our phones, and then clarified that the "Alarm Control" page accessed from the https://www.myprotectamerica.com/support/ does not apply to us since we have Alarm.com.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Neal was very patient and helpful to resolve my issue with logging in to the Interactive web portal for our alarm service. This will be helpful for remote management of the service. Earlier, also had challenge with portal login and another support person was very helpful over the phone. Great job!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have to admit I had the best sales lady but of course I would have the best because that’s what salespeople do... I fell into hardship, lost my home and my job and all they could do is offer me a 4 month discounted rate. Don’t get me wrong I do appreciate that. 4 months later and I do not have a home. Although I am working they still want to charge me 54.99 for services that are not being provided due to my own hardship. I tried calling several times and no one can or will help me. I asked them to remove my payment info and they won’t. I asked them to cancel my contract. They said I can’t without paying all early termination fees upfront, if I had that amount I could pay the money fee. This is the biggest mistake I ever made. They are heartless account digging jerks without concern for the customers!!!

Protect America response

Dear Daphne,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. Our records show that due to your financial hardship we were able to bring your rate from $54.99 down to $6.99 for the months of August through November and on 12/1/18, your account resumed to the original rate. In speaking with you on 12/18/18 regarding your cancel request, we explained that we are in an agreement with one another then provided you the opportunity to transfer your service to someone that would be willing to take over the agreement. You declined the offer. Additionally, Protect America does not have an early termination clause therefore you would be responsible for the remaining term of the agreement.

Please feel free to contact us at 800-951-5111 with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Customer Protection

Protect America expert review by Ben Mannes

Get do-it-yourself home security and automation with 3 different packages for $19.99-$42.99 a month. Systems have a lifetime warranty on 3-year contracts and come with free moving kits.

• Free system: Protect America gets you started with a free, basic equipment package when you sign up for a monitoring plan. Consumers can upgrade equipment for an additional fee.

• Low monthly fee: Protect America offers one of the cheapest security plans available with options starting around $20 a month for basic equipment and monitoring via landline.

• Two-way voice system: Protect America's two-way landline intercom eliminates the need for the company to call your phone to verify a problem – and enables you to instantly call out for help, if required.

• Equipment guarantee: Protect America’s equipment is guaranteed for three years. The company doesn’t charge an insurance fee for this protection.

• Installation: Protect America offers phone support for your DIY installation.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Protect America Company Information