Call toll free
4.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More
SPECIAL OFFER!Up to $1,400 in Free Equipment

BOTTOM LINE

Protect America has some of the most affordable home security packages on the market. Although their cancellation process could be better, setup is easy and reviews mention excellent customer service.

PROS

• Economically priced basic system
  • Simple DIY installation
  • Low price guarantee

CONS

• Inconvenient cancellation process

Top Protect America Reviews

05/07/2019

I've been a customer of Protect America for years and recently upgraded my system thru the online Chat. Great customer service! I have had a couple accidental activation over the years, too, and they respond very promptly. I'm confident that they'll be there if there's a real emergency.

06/01/2019

The customer service was so easy to get real-time support, promptly, while lounging on my couch. I accessed the real-time support from an iOS app that I downloaded. The interface of the app is so simple to use - very intuitive. No documentation needed. Simple and effective.

How does Protect America work?

Protect America offers simple, affordable home security systems with a straightforward DIY setup that takes less than an hour to complete. Using Protect America’s automation features, you can control settings throughout your home, like heating and cooling, lights, and powered window blinds. You don’t have to pay for equipment from Protect America, just the monthly monitoring fee.

Each Protect America home security system comes with free use of the Protect America app: SMART Connect. The app can arm and disarm the system, turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors and stream video from security cameras.

Protect America cost

Protect America offers a low price guarantee, which is not at all common among home security companies. The cost for their Copper plan is already one of the lowest you will find anywhere for a good home security system. Protect America does not charge customers for the cost of equipment, just a monthly monitoring rate, which is another rarity.

PlanMonthly cost
Copper$19.99
Silver$37.99
Platinum$42.99

Protect America plans and packages

Protect America offers three plans: Copper, Silver and Platinum. The Platinum package costs slightly more than the Silver plan, but provides 5 additional sensors. The Copper plan is likely best for those with smaller homes who don’t need tons of equipment. Every package with a Protect America yard sign and decals. See what comes with each package below:

Copper planSilver planPlatinum plan
Copper plan3
Silver plan9
Platinum plan14

Protect America equipment

Once you’ve chosen your Protect America plan, you can purchase additional equipment to bolster your home’s security; such as, the Simon XTI control panel — a powerful device that can monitor and control up to 40 devices. You can also add the August Smart Lock Pro that allows you to unlock and lock doors, and the Linear Garage Door Controller controls your garage door remotely. With Z-Wave technology, you can manage all of these things plus your home's lighting under one network. Protect America’s system can also integrate with the Amazon Echo. Additional equipment from Protect America includes:

• Door and window sensors
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Wireless cameras
  • Keypad locks

Protect America FAQ

How to cancel Protect America?
As with most companies, Protect America cancellation is a bit of a process. You need to send a written letter to Protect America 60 days before you want to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days of beginning the contract, you won’t have to pay anything except for a $19.95 activation charge.
What do reviews say about Protect America customer service?
Protect America security reviews speak highly of the company’s customer service and mention quick technical help with friendly representatives. Protect America reviews in general rate the company well.

Is Protect America a good security system?

We give high marks to Protect America’s home security system. Their already low costs are bolstered by their price match guarantee. We also love their easy DIY setup. If you’re looking for an affordable security system with home automation features, Protect America is a great choice.

2570 Protect America Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

You should be so lucky to be connected to a Customer Care Representative who's name is Brandt. I have just established a contract with Protect America. I'm very happy with my service. I live alone and have had some break ins. I didn't understand one procedure (something I was doing wrong) and Customer Care Brandt couldn't have been any kinder in explaining it to me. He took time to talk about products I was interested in and explained in detail how it worked and if it would be beneficial to my needs. He is a valuable employee who really likes his job. After our conversation, I was in a great mood and I felt I got the best education in this companies products and services. He really represented your company in the most excellent way. Thanks Protect America!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The woman we first spoke to had zero interest in helping us, suggesting we would have to wait 4 years before we could get a new system installed and it would cost $150.00 to have a customer service person come out. This, as we found out, was a total fabrication. The young man we spoke to was very understanding (he was a supervisor) his name is Joshua **. He took the time to work with us and understand what to do. The original sensor on the window frame no longer worked and I was unable to remove it. His suggestion was simple. Put the new sensor in a new place and we did. It works great and we are so grateful to him for the time and patience he showed to a customer who has been with you for 20 years.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I called the same 800# I have used for 10 yrs and was told they showed my address and account, but no longer carried my acct as active. I was given a different # to 'Central Station' by the first operator, Central Sta. confirmed she had my account and it was active. I was ANGRY you changed the 800# on me and I did not know. I tried your regular 800 951-5111 - message - option 4 then another message - option 6 - sat on hold forever listening to advertisements for Protect America upgrades and got more frustrated...

Went to your website, more angry than I can say, and opted to use Chat. Was helped by Neal. Very long conversation but he helped me calm down, helped me recover my PW to my phone App and also I updated my phone book with your current numbers. Neal is OK, never let my anger get to him and he was knowledgeable and took care of me. BUT UNDERSTAND THAT IF A REAL ALARM HAD BEEN GOING ON AND I CALLED THE OLD NUMBER THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED ME AWAY. That stinks!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Recently I had a sensor that went off twice without any reason. I read that the battery might need to be changed so I tried that and the system was still telling me the window was open, so I contacted customer support at Protect America. My support person Gloria was just outstanding. We did several tests on the old one and she said that it appeared I needed a new one. They would send me one for $5.00 since it was under warranty, but I had went ahead and took advantage of their winter sale and purchased a couple extra just in case. Anyway, she helped me clear my history status, and then I installed the new one which we tested. She walked me thru the entire process. After deleting the old sensor and registering the new one, we set it up and my system is now back up. I am so glad to have had the great support and want to thank Protect America and its great staff, and thank Gloria for her help and patience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have been with you guys for I don't know how long... I believe I just renewed for the 3rd time, as well as set up my business with y'all almost 2 years ago. I have loved you guys from the beginning, and have continued to use y'all as well as tell everyone about y'all and sign up some new customers. Every time I talk with customer service or chat, they are always super nice and helpful. Have never had one bad experience with any aspect of y'all's business. Even today, getting my service moved and needing to get a new sensor, I was able to get more service from the specialist than I expected. Y'all definitely go above and beyond with your customers, and that is something this day in age. Thank you and keep it up!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Sensor issue. It was very helpful to be able to handle this via chat. I was good until you told me I needed to give you a forty word review for a sensor issue. A little excessive to me. It was handled promptly by your customer service area.

Hi William,

We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Customer service is superb and amazing to work with! David was able to send me straight over to Lindsey and she was able to help me out beyond my expectations the first time around. Thank you very much for all of the assistance!

Protect America response

Thank you Aaron for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Received invoice ** in the amount of $39.99 for the following service **. Not sure I can decipher your code. Please send invoices with clear description of what service/product you are billing me for. This will help assure prompt payment.

Jerry,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. It appears that we've had the opportunity to speak with you and explained the invoice.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I need to update my payment information and make a payment, as well as find put when my contract expired with the company. The customer service person was very quick to help with the issue. Britney was her name I believe.

Hi Trey,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that our Care team was able to assist you in updating your account information.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Working with Gloria over Chat this morning to assist me with a module install was a great experience! No rushing and explained every step that needed to be done. We got everything up and running in no time. She is a CHAT ROCKSTAR!!

Protect America Company Information