Call toll free
4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2485 Protect America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 23, 2019

I need to add a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. I also wanted to perform a system test. As always, be it phone or chat, I received excellent customer service. Knowledgeable and friendly as always. I have never had an unpleasant experience dealing with support or sales.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I called the same 800# I have used for 10 yrs and was told they showed my address and account, but no longer carried my acct as active. I was given a different # to 'Central Station' by the first operator, Central Sta. confirmed she had my account and it was active. I was ANGRY you changed the 800# on me and I did not know. I tried your regular 800 951-5111 - message - option 4 then another message - option 6 - sat on hold forever listening to advertisements for Protect America upgrades and got more frustrated...

Went to your website, more angry than I can say, and opted to use Chat. Was helped by Neal. Very long conversation but he helped me calm down, helped me recover my PW to my phone App and also I updated my phone book with your current numbers. Neal is OK, never let my anger get to him and he was knowledgeable and took care of me. BUT UNDERSTAND THAT IF A REAL ALARM HAD BEEN GOING ON AND I CALLED THE OLD NUMBER THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED ME AWAY. That stinks!!!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I needed to reconnect my cameras and Gloria was very helpful and patient. She had them set up in no time!!! I have been with Protect America since 2010 and have been satisfied with my service since the beginning. Keep up the good work!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Gloria was great. Very helpful and handled my issues quickly and accurately. I was glad I was able to contact someone through chat and not have to call in. When I call in I'm always on hold for 20 min or longer.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We had a false alarm at 4am. Police were notified and showed up at our house promptly, the company reached out to our emergency contact as well. Online customer support was very helpful in updating our new phone numbers in the system as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have been given different information from two different support folks concerning our PA security system and Google Home. I have been told both yes it can be integrated and no it cannot. Please advise and help me if it can.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Jenny is an absolutely great representative. She spent quality time to ensure that what I needed was available for my system. She was patient and willing to answer every question with details. Please recognize this employee with positive compliments and award her with amazing customer service.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had to update my card information for my monthly automatic payment and the customer service agent was very helpful in taking care of this matter in a timely matter and I do appreciate the promptness so I would not have to worry about my service being interrupted.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Jenny was great, she walked me through everything and was very patient. We got all the problems worked out. Plus I ordered more cameras that we have been needing. I have recommended Protect America to my friends because your service has been great!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Ms. ** Was absolutely fantastic. I had to speak to her twice because my 1st activation email didn't work and she gave me my account number and was absolutely outstanding and professional. Thank you very much. I'm very excited to get my new equipment and make myself feel more secure.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Jenny was very helpful helping me to install my new sensors over live chat. It did take some time, but we were able to get it all done. She was able to answer all of my questions and provide me with links to learn more about my system.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have 4 security cams... They are constantly down. They either continually detect motion and send text after text to phone, or they don't record any motion. Customer service at Protect America is practically nonexistent. Super long hold times, and if you leave number to call you back, it takes days. TERRIBLE company. Save aggravation and use ANY competitor out there, can't be any worse than Protect America.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I received a new pad and it was not doing right HAVING FALSE ALARMS so I hit the chat line and got Dave. He walked me through setting the clock and adding a new sensor and identifying all of the opening points and trips of the system and got my system CORRECTED..... Thank you DAVE.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Had an attempted break in a few weeks back - live on a ground floor apartment in a good neighborhood. Had noticed a guy hanging around and after the attempted break in the police suggested getting an alarm system and camera to record if he tried breaking in again. After calling every company under the sun (literally) I settled on Protect America based on the knowledge of their reps and their fantastic customer service - Nick and Casey were unbelievable! Am now able to sleep without barricading my sliding glass door and worrying about myself and my 6 year old son.

Original review: March 2, 2019

The monitor alarm center did not receive the signal during my monthly test. I will get a new panel. The technician who chatted with me has been very helpful when guided me on the steps to reset the system and to make the diagnostics of the problem. I will receive the new system by mail this coming week. Thank you very much for your help.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Protect America is Great. I have used them for three years with no problems. They offer great service and equipment. There is no wires, everything is wireless. I highly recommend them. The installation process is easy. Their tech support is very helpful. I also like that when I call I speak to someone in the USA, and not someone in a foreign country.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Been with company for years. Equipment is always garbage. They are easy to deal with when it comes to updating and upgrading your system, however in the process they weasel you into another 3 year contract. 3 YEARS! Now I'm stuck with a broke down pile of junk equipment and another year of service to pay for. Plenty of better options out there. Shop around and beware.

Protect America response

Mr. Felts:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. Our records show that we've had the opportunity to speak with you and resolved your concerns.

Please contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Brittany was very helpful in assisting me with my issue. I had a problem with being notified when my service is disarmed and armed. I called Monday but the customer service person didn't know how to help me. I did a live chat and got this problem taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I contacted Protect America today to check on the status of my equipment I ordered last week. The representative quickly checked on the status & made a resolution quickly to the matter. It appeared my order was pending an approval. I also took the opportunity to order additional equipment while I had the representative in a chat session. I highly recommend Protect America for their prompt, thorough, & professional attention to all matters when I've interacted with them. In fact, I have been a Protect America customer for over 14 years now. Thanks for all that you do!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Everything that I have ever done through Protect America has been perfect. By comparison to competitors (and I have shopped around), they remain the most affordable and also extremely reliable. They send a message directly to the local police if my alarm goes off and I don't respond. Their system is extremely intuitive and all pieces I have added to the system have worked without issue. I have been with them for 5 years now and honestly cannot think of a single complaint. Customer service is always fantastic and extremely simple. I am able to talk to someone whenever I need to.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I needed a replacement magnet for a door sensor. I used the app to start a chat with a customer service rep. Got half way through the discussion, and accidentally clicked off the chat window. Had to restart the chat process with Brittany. She was very helpful and confirmed the first person that I started the Convo with had already placed the order for the replacement magnet! Thanks!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Best online e chat ever. The rep was AWESOME! GOT THING ACCOMPLISHED. The agent know his product. He keep me Informed when there was or he was doing some research. I was happy to report of good services rendered.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Protect America seem to be more concerned about monthly payments, than a longtime customer, 10 years, wanting to finally cancel service. I was persuaded to "upgrade" in 2017 when I called to cancel back then. After continuing to experience the same issues of sensors falling off and poor quality camera (keeps flopping down and was returned to the box within the same week of receipt) I decided to go ahead and finally discontinue service, only to be told that I "signed" a contract that is in effect for another 18 months. I'm told I would have to pay!!! $600+ in order to discontinue service. The fact that Protect America has received my monthly payments for the last 10 years doesn't seem to count for anything.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Contacted Live Chat about setting up mobile app and updated system, service was quick and excellent. The Customer Service rep, knew exactly what I needed and updated my account as needed. Will surely use online chat again for issues. Top Notch!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Mauricio was great. Exactly what I needed and fast service. Thank you for your assistance and for taking the time to explain everything for me and even give me extra website and phone numbers in case I needed them and was very kind.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was having trouble logging into my mobile and home accounts. The live chat person was gracious and patient with me. He or she was able to recover my information and walk me through to login into my accounts. I can't thank you enough. I also have great support and service from Protect America. Nothing but satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I used the Live Chat option to set up 9 sensors, 1 motion, and 2 key fobs. It couldn't have been easier. The customer service rep was courteous, accurate, and above all patient. She was able to ask the right questions and get these items installed quickly. Some of the sensors were difficult to reach so I really appreciate the patience. In my opinion, a good company is one that can resolve issues when they arise. Protect America has done a phenomenal job and that's why I have been a customer for nearly 10 years and will remain a customer.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I had service with them for about 3 years. When I tried to cancel when my contract was up they put me on hold for hours. Never returned my phone calls and kept billing me. They put you through hell to try to cancel. I have contacted my attorney and the attorney general’s office. It's against the law to make it difficult to cancel a service. Any judge or jury would see it the same way.

Protect America response

Please contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I asked for help from the live chat and I got Neal. I had ordered some new window sensors and he helped me locate very quickly. I was not able to locate because I did not get a tracking number. Awesome service. Thank you so much.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Gloria was very helpful and clear with her instructions. I appreciated the fast response and attention. I needed to add a mini pad to my system and was able to do it quickly and without interruption to my day. I love the chat feature of the app.

Protect America expert review by Ben Mannes

Get do-it-yourself home security and automation with 3 different packages for $19.99-$42.99 a month. Systems have a lifetime warranty on 3-year contracts and come with free moving kits.

• Free system: Protect America gets you started with a free, basic equipment package when you sign up for a monitoring plan. Consumers can upgrade equipment for an additional fee.

• Low monthly fee: Protect America offers one of the cheapest security plans available with options starting around $20 a month for basic equipment and monitoring via landline.

• Two-way voice system: Protect America's two-way landline intercom eliminates the need for the company to call your phone to verify a problem – and enables you to instantly call out for help, if required.

• Equipment guarantee: Protect America’s equipment is guaranteed for three years. The company doesn’t charge an insurance fee for this protection.

• Installation: Protect America offers phone support for your DIY installation.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Protect America Company Information