toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a business and our next door neighbor there had to file a trespassing charge. We wanted to get the business protected. We Googled companies and looked at prices. After reading several good reviews and seeing that their price is fair, we decided to go get a security system from Protect America. Everything was done very quickly and efficiently. We installed the system ourselves. We haven't really needed it but it has given us the security we needed especially in the aftermath of that trespassing situation. I feel better about things there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Protect America's security system. We looked at everything and they seemed to be more of what we were looking for, and their reps were very helpful. It has been a good experience and I've recommended them to people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was spending a lot of time out of town and I wanted peace of mind when my daughter stays home by herself. I called a lot of places but Protect America's customer service was good. I got the security system which I easily installed myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the self-install option and it was more affordable than some of the other companies I looked into. Every single time I've called, they've been able to help me right on the spot with any issues. So, I definitely like them a lot. They're able to identify any issues I have and walk me through that and fix it. Technical service was just excellent and they still continue to be excellent. There's always people here in the States to talk which is super helpful. I really appreciate their customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a new place and purchased a home security system for it from Protect America. We've had it since we moved. It came in the mail and I installed it myself. Their rep was helpful and answered all of my questions. Everything has been fine so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Protect America before for 12 years and when my house was broken into, I got them again. Their sales rep was good. She showed me the video that I had to download and look at, and she went through every button and made sure the window and everything was going right. She did wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a security system, but we had a break-in and the next day we called Protect America. I saw good reviews about them. Everything went smoothly with the rep. I called them up and about 15 minutes later I was going to be setting up to mail me a system. I installed the system myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to a new place and there's not a bunch of neighbors around here so ten months ago, I purchased a home security system with some extra door and window unit things from Protect America, as recommended by my insurance provider. Interactions between me and the sales rep were smooth. Installing the device was easy and I didn't need any help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're using ADT but wanted to switch to Protect America and see how it works. Their sales rep quoted me a price and we got a staggered option. We got the security service and so far, it's good. We get notifications by email or phone if something happens.

Ramon,

We are so sorry to hear about your stressful experience! We are glad that we are able to help in providing you peace of mind! We do recommend performing a monthly test to maintain your equipment. You can perform this test with the help of an agent via chat or over the phone. Our Chat agents are available through our website, www.protectamerica.com M-F 7am-11pm CST, S-S 9am-7pm CST and our phone agents are available at 1-800-951-5111 option 4, M-F 8am-9pm CST, S-S 9am-7pm CST. We look forward you to assisting you with that!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

We've had a robbery so we got security service from Protect America. Their price is right. One of their reps told me how to do installation and I did it myself. He answered all of my questions. However, it says somewhere in the papers that I should be checking the system monthly but I don't know what to do. They never even call me back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Protect America had good reviews and they've been around for a long time so we got an alarm system from them. We installed it ourselves and it was pretty easy. All the interactions I have with sales reps went well.

Doug,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are ecstatic to hear that everything has been working perfectly for you and your family! It is so rewarding to hear that we provide the ultimate peace of mind for our customers! We hope to continue to provide this peace of mind for many, many years!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I’ve got a door and window monitor plus a video and motion detector from Protect America because of the remoteness of our house. Also, my wife and I are gone quite a bit, so we thought we’d add some protection. The sales rep was very helpful and cooperative. The system was a self-install system, and they got on the phone with me and walked me through it. We did it in about 15 minutes.

I messed up a couple of times and set the alarm off and got a phone call from them immediately. Even one time, I didn’t answer the phones real quick and I missed the call. By the time I called them back, they’d already called the police. I had to call up the Sheriff’s department and cancel that. But so far so good, and it’s $60 well-spent.

Setera,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback! We are so happy to hear that you've had an excellent service experience with every part of our family! We appreciate the opportunity to protect you and your family and we hope to do so for many years to come!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I was putting my house up for sale so I decided to install home security services. Protect America had limited amount of things that I needed because I already had cameras up, so I didn’t need extra equipment. They seemed to have a better pricing and the product seemed to be a better choice. So far, it's still good and working perfect. Their sales reps were great. If I have a problem, they fix it and would ask me if there's anything else that I needed help with. When they do the monthly test, everything is fine. I could reach them when I need to. If the alarm goes off and I need assistance, the police was always there, so the system does work. It's been great thus far and I would recommend them.

Thomas,

We are very concerned to hear about your feedback. We'd like to connected with you to discuss your concerns. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up an appointment that is best for your schedule. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Do NOT sign a contract with these people...you will never, ever get out of it. Better alarm companies out there. I tried to talk to customer service in regards to cancelling contract when it expires. Could not even get a clear answer when that is. So disgusting. Also...you do your own installation, you can simply buy the equipment for less than 200.00 and get it monitored for 10.00 per month. Wished I would have known sooner.

Rhea,

We are glad to know that the installation was easy and that you enjoy the product. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I learned about Protect America through 5LINX. I already had an alarm system with a different provider, but I wanted to change, so I went with them. The sales reps were very helpful and pleasant. I did a self-installation, but they guided me through it. I was on the phone with them, and it was pretty good.

Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear about your exceptional experience! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to protect you and your family!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Our last place had an alarm, but we moved to a place that didn't have a home security, so we got one from Protect America. They offered the best deal and had the best reviews. We've been with them for about six months now. We did the installation ourselves and their representative was helpful and able to answer our question.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 16, 2016

I reached out via chat and was told I would receive a refund for those says when I was not even signed up; then received follow-up email later that stated I would receive it. The best part is that I received a call from their Customer Protection and was explained how it works. I voiced my opinion that there should not be charges even prior to signing up. All in all, I am glad I have Protect America and that the rate I have will not increase, not even after the contract is up. I know they are on top of things...and I am pleased that they listened and understood.

Ronald,

We truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your feedback with us! After reviewing the account we see that the charge issue was resolved for you. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to set an appointment for one of our Agents to contact you. Thank you so much and have an awesome day!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Charging full month for less than initial 2 weeks monitoring? I thought this was reputable company. Not so sure now. I hope I did not make mistake by signing up and still have time to cancel so I will consider what to do. Just signed up yesterday and was given good rate. I was not told that monitoring fees would run from first of month... I was told my card would be charged on first. So, I had to pay a full month monitoring fees from date monitoring will begin... way after the 15th. I was not told this. I appreciate the good deal but honesty and professionalism is good too.

James,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It is important that we speak with you to work towards a solution. Please let us know the best day and time to reach you. Alternatively, you can also contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up your appointment. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Protect America Inc.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Not Military Friendly - In speaking to Justin in the Cancellation department he stated there is "No Exceptions" for Military service members who are going to retire to cancel or reduce their service.

Gladys,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that your installation was a breeze and that you've been completely satisfied with your service! We hope to provide you with peace of mind for many years!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

One of my children told me about Protect America. My purchase includes the alarm and I'm satisfied with it. We've been with them for almost a year. I talked to the sales rep and we made all the arrangements then one of my children made the arrangements for the installation.

Nancy,

We are so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband, we know this must be a difficult time for you. Your safety is very important to us and we are glad to know that our system is providing the peach of mind that you so greatly deserve. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing Protect America. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

My husband did a lot of research before, mostly on the internet, to find a security system for our business and got Protect America. He passed away and since I live out in the country alone, my children were really after me to do something about security so we decided to put one in our home and we went with the same company. I have a security system at home and a medical alert. I installed the system myself and their sales rep made it very easy. They sent everything to me in the mail, I called them and they walked me through the whole thing - putting on the sensors and then testing the system to make sure it works. Every two months, I call them and we walk through the testing to make sure everything is still working like it’s supposed to. It’s been wonderful from beginning to end. They did a good job of making it simple and answering all my questions.

Brittney,

Thank you for sharing your experience! Your feedback is invaluable to us! It is rewarding to hear that you and your family now have peace of mind and are able to enjoy extended trips without working about a home invasion. Thank you for allowing us to protect you and your family!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

We feel better now that we have an alarm system. Sometimes we want to go somewhere or do something for an extended period of time and now we can take off for a week and know our home’s protected. We chose Protect America because of the the convenience of having the system shipped out. The cost was pretty low compared to some of the others that we have looked at. Installation was easy. Accessing the system is easier to do from my phone or from a keychain. We can see who comes in and out through our phones.

Karyn,

We appreciate your cousin-in-law's recommendation! It is always great to know that our Agents are providing the service you deserve. Thank you for leaving your feedback! Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

We switched to Protect America because my cousin-in-law referred them to us. Someone did the setup for us, and they were courteous and professional. So far, so good. I have no complaints.

Jenny,

We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you with the best equipment for your home, even from an outside source! Our Sales Agents are awesome at providing the best service you need! Thank you so much for choosing Protect America and for allowing us to protect your home. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

The sales representative was very professional and provided great advice on what to purchase and what not to purchase. He even recommended other items that Protect America did not offer. I felt that he was concerned about my security.

Gingerlyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Here at Protect America we are always looking for ways to improve and hearing your feedback definitely helps us do just that!

Protect America Inc.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

We had just purchased a home and we just moved in. We were already talking about getting a home security system and Protect America came by at the right time. We've done the home security and then the doorbell too. Somebody came out to install the system and I was taken aback because there was no communication between the sales rep and the installer. I was also told that having the doorbell connected to my phone would be free, but I ended up having to pay $34.99 for a year so that I could have it. I was really perturbed about it but I had to have it because we use that as a security when I'd leave my kids for a minute here and there. But other than that, the doorbell has been great and I've enjoyed the system.

Harvey,

We are glad to hear that you received all the help you needed and that you are enjoying your system! Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for choosing Protect America! Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

When I spoke with the sales guy from Protect America, I was impressed. He was not pushy and explained everything very well. I liked the idea and had a tech come to the house to install the system. I've had it for six months and it's been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A lot of people have been getting broken into and I thought it was time to get a security system done. I got Protect America and did the installation myself. So far I like it. The only thing I have issues with is my garage door alarm would go off when it's disarmed or sub-disarmed. I don't even know how it gets sub-disarmed but there's times it'll be sub-disarmed and then we'll go out to the garage and it will set it off. But I think I got it figured out.

William,

Thank you for the awesome rating! We are so glad to know that our team has provided you with the service you need. Have a great day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

The sales rep from Protect America that I spoke to was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. I chose them for the cost and did the installation myself. Their tech helped me out when I needed assistance.

Protect America Company Profile