toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best regards,

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mikel ** was very professional, personable, patient, knowledgeable, understanding and answered all my questions. He provided an option, and ensured I was satisfied and understood what I would be getting. Great customer service today! I will only be getting what I need and requested. I cannot wait to have my alarm system up and running!

The staff that I have interacted with at Protect America were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. They patiently answered all of my questions and made sure I was happy before ending the phone calls. The panel was bigger than I expected but overall I am happy so far.

After three years as a customer with a perfect payment history, I contacted Protect America to cancel my service. The experience was a nightmare, including long telephone hold times, being kicked to multiple people and a complicated process designed to thwart cancellation attempts. The ultimate insult was being told that I had to give 30 days written notice to cancel and pay an additional one months' payment for services that I was no longer receiving and did not want. Just a warning to read the fine print before doing business with this company. Once you are in, they won't let you get out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased my alarm system here because you could install it yourself and the monthly monitoring was reasonable. I signed a 3 year contract. Everything was fine until I decided to sell my house and look for something smaller. My plan was to cancel the monitoring until my house sold. I was going to offer the system to whoever purchased the house & put them in contact with Protect America for monitoring. Then I would purchase a new system when I got into my home & have them monitor it for me. When I called to cancel the monitoring they kept trying to talk me into keeping it & when I wouldn't I got "disconnected". Then when I would call back it would give me a message that I could leave my number and they would call me back when the representative was free. But when I would push the button to do that it would just keep me on hold, so eventually I would hang up. This went on for 2 days.

I finally called from my work phone & my call was answered. I again explained why I was calling, and was again given the sales pitch about continuing my monitoring. When I again declined she was going to transfer me to cancellation dept and I was "disconnected". I tried over several weeks to accomplish closing my account and could not get it done. I finally called from yet another number and asked to speak to a supervisor right off the bat. The person asked the reason for my call and I said it was personal. So they said they didn't know who to route my call to without knowing the reason. I told them I didn't care I would speak to any supervisor that was available. So finally a man got on the phone and I explained what was going on and how very frustrated I was. So he said he would look over my account an see what he could do to help me. Then he went on trying to talk me into leaving my account open.

I told him I was just getting to work and would he please just close my account because I was going to need to hang up soon. He proceeds to tell me I owe for 2 months of monitoring. So I explained that my system wasn't even hooked up anymore and that is how long I had been trying to close the account. So he told me we would split it, I could cover 1 month & they would credit 1 month. So I agreed so I could finally get my account closed. The next month I received a bill in the mail, so I figured everything hadn't gotten put through yet. But the next month I receive a bill for 2 more months of monitoring. So I call in and the lady tells me my account is not closed. I said "Yes. I talked with a supervisor & we worked everything out." "No ma'am. I'm sorry but he sent you an email with a link for you to fill out cancellation papers & you did not do that so your account is still active and now you are 2 month behind in monitoring fees."

So over the next month I talk to many different people trying to get my account closed, I emailed the CEO from their website & asked him to please call me, never heard a word! So one day in talking to one of the men, he said "Ok I will resend you the cancellation link. Fill it out and pay 1 month monitoring and I will credit the other months that are due." I said "Fine." I sat right down & filled out the check and mailed it. The next day I find the email & open it, but all there is to fill out is my banking info for automatic withdrawls. Until those were filled out you could not click on anything else. So again I call in, I am told I must fill out this info so I can then click on the cancel my account button. I said "No, I've already sent the payment in, there is no need to fill that out. I'm sorry but if you want to close your account you need to click on the link."

Now I'm boiling mad! I have tried to do everything they tell me, I've paid for 2 month of monitoring for a system that is not even hooked up and my account is still not closed! I tried emailing the CEO again and still nothing. So I decide to just shelve it. Quit calling & quit trying because they will not close it. Then I started getting collection emails and post cards in the mail! One evening I called in after work and spoke with a Justin, he was a very calm and pleasant young man. He asked why I wasn't paying my bill and I explained again everything I had been going through. He apologized and said he would do whatever he could to help me. So I said that would be great but that I would not hold my breath.

So he was looking at all their notes and talking with me and he asked why I hadn't done the cancellation email? So I explained I had already sent the check so I didn't need to fill out my bank info & without filling that out it wouldn't let me get to the cancellation part... He told me he could resend the email & I told him I am not putting my banking info online. He said, "Well I don't know how you are going to cancel then." So I said, "Fine. I guess I will just have my account with you forever." Because at this point it seems all they are really trying to do is get me to fill that out so they can keep deducting money from my account. So I said to him, "I absolutely will not put my banking information online, so you need to just pretend I do not have a computer & I need to close my account so what are you going to do for me?"

After a few minutes he tells me that he can print a hard copy of the cancellation and send it to me in the mail, but by the time all that happens I will owe for another month monitoring. I said, "I am not paying you one more dime! My system has not even been hooked up. I've been trying for 6 months to cancel and have paid for two months monitoring that I didn't use just trying to get my account closed! I have emailed your CEO twice with no response. I have put a cancellation letter in with my payment & was told the payments are sent right to the bank for deposit so the letter never came to our office. I'm not paying you anymore." He said, "Well there is nothing I can do to help you then. You have to at least pay one month and I am willing to credit the others, but that is all I can do." So I said, "Fine. If that is what it takes to finally close my account I will pay another month!"

So the envelope comes in the mail, I open it & fill it right out, make out a check for 1 month, put them both in the envelope and mailed it the next morning to the address in Austin, Tx that Justin gave me, so it would come to their office to the cancellation dept. He promised me he would personally stay on top of it so I wouldn't have any more problems & he hoped it would earn my trust back in them & I would continue to do business with them. So I gave it a week and called there for him. He wasn't in & would be later. I left my name & number. 2 days later I call again, left a message. This went on for a couple of weeks & finally one day I actually reach him. He said no, he hadn't seen the paper work yet. He would check and let me know. I checked my bank statement & the check had cleared so I knew they had received it so I quit worrying.

A few days later I get a call saying my account is past due! I said, "No my account is closed. You guys cashed the check and we are done!" "No, we haven't received any cancellation papers." I said, "You had to have because they were in the same envelope as my check and that has been cashed." "I'm sorry but that was only for 1 month and there are still several other months still due." I said, "No, Justin agreed to credit those if I paid the 1 month." "I'm sorry there is nothing in the notes here stating anything like that."

I have NEVER experienced anything like this in my life! I think their only objective is swindle money from people even if it is one month's monitoring at a time!

Now they are claiming they never got my cancellation papers, that I should have sent them certified mail, even though they cashed my check out of that same envelope! And they say I was never told those other months would be credited and if I don't have it paid immediately they are turning me over for collections and it will impact my credit score. I am totally at my wit's end with this company! I truly don't know what else I can possibly do to get this account closed & them to stop calling and sending their collection emails & post cards.

You need to give this girl a raise. She knows her stuff. She is chipper and friendly and upfront about costs, what I really need vs. what I think I want. Got me a great deal and an extra fob. No heavy sales or pushing - just the facts. I hope the service I get for the next 3 years is as good as her. I am a little concerned about a 3 year contract but I am going to trust that your service isn't going to give me any problems and that your customer service department lives up to Lyndsey.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lyndsey ** was great. Her customer service is the BEST, and she was very knowledgeable about the services and products. She deserves a raise and 2 puppies :-). So far, so good. Hopefully my installation and contracted service will continue to be this good!

They walked me through all the camera options and provided suggestions how to maximize coverage without reducing internet use. Every question was answered promptly, even when I was placed on hold in order to get the correct person to get the accurate information. Great customer service and support!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was, indeed, a super-positive experience becoming a new customer with your company today. I had a myriad of questions and Lyndsey ** answered each one in a knowledgeable, professional and friendly manner. Her sales and product expertise is superb. I could not have asked for a better representative of your company to serve my security needs today. She is an outstanding asset to your workforce. I am delighted with all she accomplished for me today.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would like to let you know that Ms. ** did an outstanding job in making sure that the equipment was working to standard. Ms. ** did a call back, after she check with of her technician to troubleshoot the equipment. Ms. ** was outstanding and an expert in her job...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Your customer service is excellent. My issue was taken care of quickly and professionally. George ** went above and beyond helping us. I also spoke with Natalie and Ashley. They were very helpful as well. Thanks for everything! You have a wonderful team working there!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Initially I was impressed with Lisa. She sent an eligible and I thought had everything down that I was wanting. When I spoke with Lisa I told her upfront that my wife had the final say. I was just starting the shopping process. Said it was no problem we could cancel. I got confirmation and there was a little confusion on some of the items I want it. After speaking to my wife found that she had already signed us up for a program that had all the items that she was looking for. Really disappointed in the process to try to cancel order the same day!! I called, and emailed a cancellation request by 1:00, but at 3 o'clock I got a shipping label the system was shipped. I called was told that the cancellation was not processed. It was going ship to me and I had to do a return label ship everything back. What a waste of time and resources.

Resolution In Progress

Christopher,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers.Please contact our cancellation team for a resolution at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Best Regard,

Customer Protection Team

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was very impressed with the description of Protect America online. However, when getting the product, they did not perform up to their "standards." I had a building in downtown Flint, MI and needed it to be protected. After a few short months, the battery failed. I was sent another one and was instructed on how to install the system. Of course, that left my building UNPROTECTED in one of the most violent cities in the country. I closed the building half way through the contract. I was told I MUST live up to the terms I agreed to and pay the rest of the year and a half. Well, that year and a half has passed and I paid off the contract.

Now, they are contacting me expecting me to pay the "month to month" portion of the contract added since I did not formally conclude the contract. I guess the numerous calls saying "I do not want your service anymore" did not count. Nor did the fact there was no building left for them to "protect." This is a classic example of companies feeling empowered to screw over anyone they can by these so called services. There is no way I would EVER use Protect America again, and would do whatever I could to prevent ANYONE from making the mistake I did!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!! These people are crooks!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jacqueline ** was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, patient, and a pleasure to work with. I was nervous about the process of setting up an alarm system for this first time, but she made the process easy. I really appreciated her patience as I asked a bunch of questions and took lots of notes. Thank you for your help!

This has to be the worst company of all when it comes to customer service. I called to get a copy of my contract as I was switching companies. I was transferred to Retention and got hooked up with all these new update and Visa gift card. I agreed but they stated that I would have to extend for 60 months. I said I had to give it some thought and he said I have 3 days to decide but he would send the equipment just in case. On the second day before the equipment was delivered I called and decided no I wanted to continue with my original contract so I can be done with the company. It was too many hidden fees.

So I get out on hold by Vanessa and she gets her manager on the phone to try and aggressively get me to change my mind and accept the equipment. I tell her no and after much back and forth with her talking over me and telling me this has never happened in the history of the company she says I will get a copy of my original contract and the one that I signed will be voided as she is intercepting the package. I say ok when can I expect the contract. She stated she didn't know and there was no time limit, maybe an hour.

4 hours go by and I call back and was pitched the same garbage, stating it's harder to get a copy of my contract because it's not common so they don't have the protocols set in place. Which we all know is a lie. I am still waiting for my contract information along with the call transcript, I chatted this morning with an agent on the site being that I couldn't get anything in writing. On the chat you have the option of emailing the transcript of your conversation which I did and it shows they're giving me the runaround. Stay away from this company, it is not worth the lies and aggressive sales tactics they spew at you, it is borderline harassment. If I don't get my contract I will contact every media outlet and she then for breach of contract.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just switched from another Home Security Provider to Protect America. What a big difference in price and value as well as in customer service. It was indeed astonishing that I completely installed the system myself with the assistance of the Tech Support group. That is quite an experience. The system works flawlessly the first time. I feel more relax now that my home is well secured with Protect America. Hats off to you guys! You're doing great!

I encountered an excellent experience with customer support agent Daylon. He was very helpful and pleasant. I renewed my contract for 3 more years due to his help and incentives. I have been a customer for over 4 years and all has been pretty good during that time. Giving current customers incentives and treating them with respect and quality assistance is the key to keeping them and getting referrals. Thanks.

I signed up with this company in May 2013 and got locked in a 3 years contract. (first RED flag. If you good you don't need to lock people in a 3 years contract) In March of this year (2017) I called to cancel the service. Just wasn't happy with the way was secure with Velcro and didn't think it was worth the money. Today is August 10 and still don't have my service cancelled and I have never activated it after March. I was on the phone multiple times and you get transferred from one department to retention and so on...

I just talk to a lady on 8/04 and after she talk to me for 15 minutes trying to convince me to stay with the company she promise she will send the email for me to confirm that I was cancelling. (and the cancellation day will be 09/29 one more month of paying for something that I don't use) And still no email, so I called again on 8/9 and first lady promise she will transfer me to the ''right department''. The phone call got disconnected. Then I call again and the lady told me is 27 minutes wait for that department but took my name and they will ''call me back'' so I ask to talk to a supervisor and she said, ''I am a supervisor" so I told her, "I am trying to cancel my service since March" and she said, "Ok'.' I have yet to talk with someone and feel like they are listening to me. I will not recommend this company to anyone. Please do your research, most companies make you sign a one year contract. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After many long waits on hold plus wasted emails, I was given instructions to put my cancellation request in writing. This was well after any service contract. Since then, I have been charged for 15 additional months and I cannot get anyone to answer their "cancellation" phone number to stop this madness. They owe me $689.85. I don't even live at the address, where the system was installed! At this time, I have been on hold for 25 minutes, and if I ever get to talk to anyone, I will let them know my attorney will be contacting them, if this is not resolved and I am not refunded. This seems to be a systematic review.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mr Jesse ** answered our call by returning a request for technical help. He was knowledgeable and timely in his evaluation of a problem and provided a ready solution to the issue. Further, he researched the recent history of our system, administered a sensor-by-sensor test (with us on the phone, and which was overdue); then consulted with a 'level two technician, Tammy, to suggest possible assists with two other, longer standing siren and motion sensor absences in our Simon XT activation (April 29, 2017). Jesse did a great job, helped resolve the primary trouble (silent piezo in the panel) at once; and lent reassurance that the testing of the system was, in fact, now up to date. Thank you, Mr. **, for your courtesy as well as your expertise.

Retention department professional was excellent! The intent was to cancel service and switch to ADT but instead I agreed to a three additional year contract based on experience. I shared this info with an email to the CEO as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been a loyal customer with Protect America for over 7 years. In my experience, as head of our Neighborhood Watch Program, they provide the best product and customer service in Home Security Systems. Their monthly rates are reasonable and fair, the products offered are superior to that of any other Home Security Company, but most importantly the Customer Service Team and Alarm Event Response Team consistently prove this.

I had a question on adding an additional siren to my system and contacted Customer Service at Protect America. My call was answered in under 2 minutes, and David **, my General CARE representative spent over 1 hour of his time to ensure I was taken care of. His knowledge base of the company and the products they have available was unprecedented. Most importantly, his level of genuine caring and concern me as a loyal customer far exceeded any expectations I could have. In fact, at the end of the conversation, I felt more like a friend than a customer. This level of Customer Care is a perfect example as to why there is no other company like Protect America when it comes to home security and the level of Customer Service that can be expected.

Patricia,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We hope we were able to resolve your concerns and wish you the best in your future home security search.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I put their security system in both my home and my office in 2014 and was in a three year contract. Honestly, if my son hadn't been home to help me install the system, I would have had a box of gadgets doing nothing. They "walk you thru" installing the system over the phone. Not an easy endeavor. Then after everything is up and running that's just about all the support you're going to get. I had tried many times to get someone live on their phone, only to get frustrated and hang up. For three years I paid that company nearly $100 per month and it was so frustrating I hardly ever turned the system on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

UPGRADE & NEEDED SOME SIGNS THAT WERE BROKEN. Appreciate all the service that both Bryan and James ** provided, answer all my questions and concerns in a professional matter. Sorry can't remember Bryan's last name? They both in my opinion are a positive asset to Protect America. I managed a big call center for a telephone company and know about call centers and appreciate. Thanks.

I purchased a alarm system with Protect America and I wanted to commend the sales agent who I spoke with. His name is Bradley **, and he was real nice, personal, and answered all of my questions. He gave a lot of information and help me with my decision to purchase a new security system.

I am writing again to let you know that my husband and I have never experienced the level of customer service from a company as we have with Protect America! We are so impressed from the time I spoke with your sales rep, to the installation people, to the online chat service reps. They have ALL been top-notch, knowledgeable, friendly and most importantly, patient! All of our questions have been answered and we never felt that we were "interrupting" someone's day as I have felt with other companies. The equipment is fantastic, the prices are excellent and the customer service phenomenal. Thank you to all!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Inquiring & ultimately ordering wireless service. The representative was very patient and worked with me relative to my desires and questions. He did not attempt to "Oversell", which I appreciated. At this time, I am awaiting delivery of the monitoring system.

My rep Devin was great in explaining the differences in home security systems on the market today. He clearly explained why Protect America is the best in the business and the best bang for your buck. He deserves a raise!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kseniya ** was terrific in helping us with our security system. She was personable, friendly and professional. What a great experience on the phone with her. Thank you! She walked us step by step in the process and all the information as well as numbers and support.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Please extend my sincere thank you to Richard ** for his excellent customer service in providing our home with Protect America home security plan. He was extremely professional, courteous and knowledgeable in helping me with this new plan. We currently have service with ADT of which was very problematic... we are looking forward to the excellent support from Protect America that Richard sold us.

Ron,

Original review: May 16, 2017

Promised a lot -- delivered very little. This was my experience. A door to door sales representative visited on 4/24. It took until 5/6 for the actual installation - after spending many days at home waiting for an installer to show and numerous phone calls to customer service. The parts took a while to arrive as well. When both the parts and the installer finally showed, they were unable to install the equipment where they said that they could install it. They "mounted" the sensor on my air conditioner!! They were supposed to switch my phone number (landline) to a different number. Instead they cancelled my (landline) phone. When I called to try and get that back, they stated that they had my cell phone ready to cancel as well. I told them, "Absolutely not - do not cancel my only phone."

Then they were unable to restore my landline - now I have to try and get that back!! So, while this company did not meet their contract obligations, they could NOT send a representative to pick up the equipment, and I WAS expected to live up to my end of the contract. I now have to spend hours uninstalling the equipment and returning it. I spent hours of my time trying to get everything installed correctly, and then hours trying to get out of it. I would highly recommend not signing anything until the equipment is installed to your satisfaction, and they can demonstrate that it works as they stated it would.

Protect America Company Profile