Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect America has some of the most affordable home security packages on the market. Although their cancellation process could be better, setup is easy and reviews mention excellent customer service.

PROS

• Economically priced basic system
    • Simple DIY installation
    • Low price guarantee

CONS

• Inconvenient cancellation process

Top Protect America Reviews We Found

I've been a customer of Protect America for years and recently upgraded my system thru the online Chat. Great customer service! I have had a couple accidental activation over the years, too, and they respond very promptly. I'm confident that they'll be there if there's a real emergency.

The customer service was so easy to get real-time support, promptly, while lounging on my couch. I accessed the real-time support from an iOS app that I downloaded. The interface of the app is so simple to use - very intuitive. No documentation needed. Simple and effective.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Information from Protect America on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Protect America is fully committed to the safety and security of its employees and customers. Its security systems are custom-built using all precautionary measures and delivered straight to customers’ doors to minimize human interaction. During this challenging time, Protect America’s sales and customer support offices will operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. On weekends, the customer support team will be available from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. CST. Professional monitoring stations will continue to operate 24/7.

How does Protect America work?

Protect America offers simple, affordable home security systems with a straightforward DIY setup that takes less than an hour to complete. Using Protect America’s automation features, you can control settings throughout your home, like heating and cooling, lights, and powered window blinds. You don’t have to pay for equipment from Protect America, just the monthly monitoring fee.

Each Protect America home security system comes with free use of the Protect America app: SMART Connect. The app can arm and disarm the system, turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors and stream video from security cameras.

Protect America cost

Protect America offers a low price guarantee, which is not at all common among home security companies. The cost for their Copper plan is already one of the lowest you will find anywhere for a good home security system. Protect America does not charge customers for the cost of equipment, just a monthly monitoring rate, which is another rarity.

PlanMonthly cost
      Copper$19.99
      Silver$37.99
      Platinum$42.99

Protect America plans and packages

Protect America offers three plans: Copper, Silver and Platinum. The Platinum package costs slightly more than the Silver plan, but provides 5 additional sensors. The Copper plan is likely best for those with smaller homes who don’t need tons of equipment. Every package with a Protect America yard sign and decals. See what comes with each package below:

Copper planSilver planPlatinum plan
      Copper plan3
      Silver plan9
      Platinum plan14

Protect America equipment

Once you’ve chosen your Protect America plan, you can purchase additional equipment to bolster your home’s security; such as, the Simon XTI control panel — a powerful device that can monitor and control up to 40 devices. You can also add the August Smart Lock Pro that allows you to unlock and lock doors, and the Linear Garage Door Controller controls your garage door remotely. With Z-Wave technology, you can manage all of these things plus your home's lighting under one network. Protect America’s system can also integrate with the Amazon Echo. Additional equipment from Protect America includes:

• Door and window sensors
      • Carbon monoxide detectors
      • Wireless cameras
      • Keypad locks

Protect America FAQ

How to cancel Protect America?
      As with most companies, Protect America cancellation is a bit of a process. You need to send a written letter to Protect America 60 days before you want to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days of beginning the contract, you won’t have to pay anything except for a $19.95 activation charge.
      What do reviews say about Protect America customer service?
      Protect America security reviews speak highly of the company’s customer service and mention quick technical help with friendly representatives. Protect America reviews in general rate the company well.

Is Protect America a good security system?

We give high marks to Protect America’s home security system. Their already low costs are bolstered by their price match guarantee. We also love their easy DIY setup. If you’re looking for an affordable security system with home automation features, Protect America is a great choice.

Protect America Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2020

As a person living with mental illness I was greeted with a person that was very patient with me and I highly recommend this company. They were very patient with me and although I can't say you'll get the same representative I got I would imagine the company has more people like this! They gave very detailed information and sent me a quote of what exactly I needed to make me feel safe in my home. Although I haven't purchased yet I am pretty sure I am going to do so. I gave them 5+ stars for their customer service. Way to go !!!! Thanks Mike !!!! - A Happy customer named Bill

William:

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Mike.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: March 13, 2020

Excellent customer service provider. Great solutions provider. He never stop until find me the best solution possible. I’m great full of my selection of Protect America between others competitors; the only and unique downside or complain that I want to bring up is the slow and consuming time when I have to call for help and customer services support. More than an hour. Ridiculous.

Hello Eduardo:

Thank you for your feedback. While we do have peak hours of operation where some customers may have to wait longer than normal, we to find this unsatisfactory and are working to improve our service delivery. During those peak times, we have a few options for our customers which include leaving their phone number for a callback option without losing their place in queue or using our chat service or by going to www.myprotectamerica.com for assistance.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns.

Customer Protection

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I was shopping around for a cheaper option and planning to switch to SimpliSafe. I spoke to Tiffany and she educated me on why Protect America was better then gave me an deal that I could not turn down. She was very helpful and I appreciated her customer service. Other than that the only thing I wish Protect America can improve on is getting someone on the line when a customer calls in. It was rather hard when I called in I had to go through a lot of automated messages and selecting options then the wait time was also very long.

Protect America response

Hi Tommy, Thank you for your feedback. Although we strive to handle each customer with special care and consideration, we do experience high call volumes during peak times. If there is any way we can improve your experience as a customer, please leave us a “Private Message” with the name and address associated with your account. Once we verify you as a customer, one of our team members will reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Wilfred really went extra miles to try to win my heart back. We have been a long term customer, as usual, we called for customer service for issues, but I didn't get the treatment I expected but "you are on your own" kinda feeling in the end. I decided to leave and just before I completely locked my heart from you, Wilfred called and he was able to work things out for me, and knowing that I am already on my way out, he had to do so much extra just to keep me. Wilfred is a keeper. Kudos to him!

Protect America response

Hi Karen, Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive customer experience and will make sure to pass along the kudos to Wilfred and his supervisor. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, Mr. Benjamin ** spent countless minutes helping my husband Brian ** troubleshoot the new and updated products from Protect America. We have been a customer of Protect America for 10 years. The time, energy, effort and support from Mr. Benjamin exemplify true leadership and patience. My husband is very, very technical and detailed, so I know what he was working with. I commend him for his honesty and drive to find an answer when he didn’t know them. Please take the time to acknowledge Mr. Benjamin **. for his sincere dedication in helping and listening to the customer. Suggestions: A paid day off, promotion, gift cards all sounds appropriate in keeping "Great Help".

With sincere regards,

Mrs. Kim

Kim:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for being a valued customer of Protect America. We will definitely pass this on to Benjamin's leaders.

Customer Protection

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: May 23, 2020

I had the longest installation experience however Daniel the representative made the experience very painless, accurate and very professional! He walked me through every inch of the installment and explained everything in detail. If I had to do this all over again it would be my pleasure to be serviced by Daniel. Keep up the great work.

Protect America response

Hi Latanya, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: May 14, 2020

I was called by a telemarketer about a great security company. Taking a call from a telemarketer was my first mistake. It was Protect America. They took all my information. My address, my s.s, #, I know, stupid, and my bank information for me to qualify for their services. All seemed well, except that I never received a contract to sign. I waited a for the papers to sign, and nothing ever came.

So I called, and they said everything was good on my account. I never authorized them to deduct automatic payments from the account given. I gave them my husband's account information during the first phone call because I was in the middle of changing accounts at the time due to identity theft. So I received everything to set up the alarm, but no contract was sent still. I never paid monthly with the account they had on file, I paid from my own account. Well, one day we had a break in, and the alarm goes off, and I call their direct line for break-Ins, and when I called nobody was available to handle anything Hong. They were monitoring my home, they didn’t send out dispatch, nothing was done on their end.

So in 2018 I called and canceled their services right away. So then they say in order for me to cancel, I had to pay them $300 to end the contract. I said “hell no!” So they said I need to sign a contract by them, in order for me to cancel. I said I never even received a contract to sign, how are you gonna charge me without my real signature. I paid for devices I never received in the first place. As well as I’m not giving them my handwritten signature. Because they said I agreed electronically. I said “no I didn’t! I have been waiting to sign a contract but. I one ever sent me one.” They said that I have to pay them $300 to cancel cause it’s in my contract. I said no! Cancel this now!

So shortly thereafter I chose a better security company. This was in 2018. Well my husband had bad luck with identity theft on his account. So currently he changed his accounts. I receive an invoice from protect America, and I called and I informed them that I cancelled with them 2 years ago. My husband thought he was paying for the security company we currently have this whole time. Protect America took it upon themselves to continue to charge the account they had on file that they had no authorization to take from, and it’s not even in my name. I never agreed to anything with this company. Don’t do business with this shady company. I know you don’t know me, but this company is ran by thieves. They won’t return the money, and now I filed a police report against them. Horrible company. They are frauds.

Christopher:

We have received your response and feel that we have done everything in our power to address your concerns.

You are more than welcome to contact our billing team at 800-951-5111 to address any further concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: May 13, 2020

I called Protect America to upgrade my system today and received excellent customer service and professionalism from Calvin, who works in the Customer Resolutions Department. He was very helpful, solved all my issues and answered any question I had. Great Job.

Thank you!

Kevin L.

Hello Kevin:

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Calvin.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: May 8, 2020

We had a sudden and tragic loss in our family last summer. We alarmed this home to avoid vandalism. I'll say upfront, I erred in my understanding of the contract. In my grief and distress I agreed to 36 months. In December when the house sold, I agreed to move the system to our house. We were distraught over closing on my kids' childhood home. The account that direct deposit was pulled from was closed. I requested of PA to forgive the contract due to a death. Not only was I met with an obstinate attitude, not once did they say "sorry for your loss" or "I can see how you'd be distressed but..." You can not email or post on their social media. There's a form for the CEO, but no response. DO NOT USE PROTECT AMERICA. If they are this cold with a death, image how they handle a burglary. PLEASE KEEP SHOPPING.. there has to be better than this in our marketplace.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I needed to switch from landline connection to WiFi. Dave at Protect America live chat hooked me up. He sent me what I needed and more. I have always had positive experiences calling or live chatting with them. Fast to answer and never put on hold. Nothing but positive for my household!

Protect America response

Hi Lorna, Thank you for being a valued Protect America family member. We're happy to hear about your positive experience! Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.

Protect America Company Information