Consumer Reviews and Complaints

15%
  • 3 stars20
  • 2 stars7
  • 1 stars14

Founded in 1992, Protect America offers home alarm systems. Protect America has provided residential security systems to more than half a million American families.

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Found company on web and called for more info. Liked what your company had to offer and signed up right away. Rep was very informative and courteous and made the transaction very smooth.

I had the best customer care representative (Anthony **) today. He settled my nerves and gave me time to get from room to room in order to assist him in resolving my problems. Anthony was very polite, courteous and professional and my concerns were minimized because of his high level of expertise. Clone him!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Nakita,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us as your feedback helps us grow as a company! Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are happy to hear that our team was able to assist you with the issues you encountered. We greatly appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to protect your home and family. Have a wonderful day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

Protect America's price was good. They also offered a $500 Visa gift card incentive. The sales rep was great while I was on the phone speaking with her. She answered all of my questions and went over the plans but unfortunately, she didn’t follow through. I had to call back three times to receive my gift card. There was also an additional part that she was supposed to order for me for a door sensor. That didn’t happen either so it was a big mix up. I was upset and felt that they used the gift card to sign me up and then didn’t follow through. When I called in, I happened to speak to the same gentleman twice. I was going to cancel, but he was very helpful and I finally got the card. Everything has been good so far. Additionally, the security system was easy to install. I didn’t have to set up an appointment and wait for a tech which is another reason why I signed up with them.

Susan,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback! We were truly disheartened to hear about your experience and hope to have the opportunity to review the details of your account to clear up any potential miscommunication. It is critical to us that we connect and ensure that a resolution is created with the utmost transparency. Thank you for your time and we hope to speak with you soon!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I purchased a security system from Protect America. It came with a three year contract. I made payments for three years. At the end of the third year I called the company and told them I wanted to cancel my account. That is when I experience a organized system of trickery, pressure and deceit by Protect America to continue charging me for a service that I no longer wanted. THE COMPANY WOULD NOT CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. They kept billing me for a service I no longer wanted and was not legally required to make any more payments.

My calls to the company were met with 20-30 minutes hold times. If someone answered the phone I was transferred to someone else who either did not help or disconnected the call. I wrote the company asking them to close my account but to my dismay they would not close my account. I continue to receive harassing phone calls and bills with past due amount on them. The harassment has affected my health and well being.

I sent a complaint to the Better Business in Austin, TX. I received two very nice calls from two company females. They told me that my account would be closed, I would not have to pay any past due amounts and nothing would be reported on my credit. However, the next week I once again received a bill and several calls about the past due amounts. THIS IS SENIOR CITIZEN ABUSE!

Sherry,

We are so excited to hear that Jordan provided you with such wonderful service! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

My rep was named Jordan and he was great. He was very knowledgeable and just an awesome young man. He is representing this company very well and is a wonderful asset for you guys.

Emmaunel,

Great feedback is always exciting to hear! Your satisfaction is important to us and it is great to know we meet those needs! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing Protect America! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Having a new home, installing a security system was a wise thing to do. My wife set us up with Protect America because of the great feedback that we have researched online. When the package came, I spoke with the customer service to get each sensor set up and that was easy. They got me through it and they were very helpful. So far, everything's good.

Robby,

We are terribly sorry to hear about the break in you experienced; that must have been very frightening! Your safety is very important to us and we are ecstatic that you chose Protect America to keep your home safe! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to protecting your home and family for many years! Have a wonderful day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

20 years ago when I owned my first home, I got broken into and one of my neighbors at that time had a security system and he introduced it to me. I then got a security system from Protect America, and I've been with them for a long time. Their sales person was very honest. He didn't try to twist my arm, but instead, he talked about the system and how it works. He said I'll have to do the installation myself, but they will walk me through it if needed. The installation was very easy. I spoke with a very helpful representative on the phone to set up the monitoring and program the system.

Monica,

It is awesome to hear that Jenny provided you with exceptional service! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback with us! Thank you for choosing Protect America and we look forward to the opportunity of protecting your home for many years to come. Have an awesome day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I contacted CHAT to discuss a problem I had with chirping from my smaller control unit and the email I received about a free upgrade. Jenny was exceptionally helpful in answering all of my questions. She quickly found the source of the chirp and forwarded instructions that I would need to eliminate it. Jenny explained all of the available upgrades and instructed me on how to arrange them for my home. Jenny is definitely an asset.

Ignatiy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing Protect America! Enjoy your day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

I like Protect America. I have the whole security system, which is simple and inexpensive.

Diane,

A smooth and easy installation is always great to hear! We are glad to know that your experience has been nothing but positive. Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to scheduled an appointment to have one of our Agents contact you with any information or steps needed to personalize that. Thank you for choosing Protect America, have a great day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I had ADT before and it seemed that it was an antiquated system. I wasn't too thrilled about it and I was shopping around to get a better price and more of a newer technology. A friend of mine told me about Protect America. I just started with them a few months ago. I got the security system. I installed it myself and it was very easy. So far, so good. I don't have any complaints...nothing but positive. The only thing is, I'm trying to figure out how I can turn off the alarm and maneuver around that every time I open the door, and it beeps and talks. But other than that, it's a pretty good system.

Wesley,

We're so glad to hear that your system set up was so quick and that you are enjoying those awesome interactive features! Thank you so much for allowing us to protect your home and family! Enjoy your day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

Protect America sent me my equipment right away and the unit works as it's supposed to. Setting up only took 15 minutes and a phone call. I just peeled those back off the sensors and placed them where I wanted and then called so they could register each sensor. I get to pick the placement of each one and name them so that their staff knows. It'd be more detailed when they do an alert. Now I have a camera too and it works just fine. I've got my smartphone set up through their app so whenever the system gets armed or disarmed, it sends me an alert. It lets me know within a minute or two that the system has gone off and they call me. I had a time or two when the alarm got set off by my kids, so they called me right away and I told them that there was no alarm. Everything seems to be exactly what they told me it was going to be.

Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and it is great to know we meet those needs! Have a great day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I purchased Protect America's security system. Their sales reps were friendly. I was at work when it was delivered so somebody else in the house installed it.

Michael,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are excited to hear that you've had an easy installation! We are honored to protect you and your family! Thank you for allowing us to continue to provide you peace of mind! Have a great day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My account from my previous company that I had was expired so I decided to move on and find a better system. I contacted Protect America and the experience with their sales rep was pretty seamless. It didn't take too long to get what I needed to get done and I moved along pretty quickly. Installation, which I did myself, was also fairly simple.

Jeff,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience, that must have definitely been frightening! It is great to know that our system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to provide you with a solution to keep those sensors mounted the way they should! We look forward to hearing from you! Enjoy your day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

We were robbed and we got a security system from Protect America because we liked the idea that somebody didn't have to come in to install it. We did the installation ourselves and it was easy. It took us 10 to 15 minutes so that was good. Everything went according to plan, except for the fact that the sensors keep falling off the wall.

Mr. Santigate,

We are happy to hear that you had such a good experience with us and that our Agents provided you with great service! Thank you leaving your comments, have an awesome day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

We purchased a new home that did not have a security system, so we needed to put one in place. I like the price of Protect America and their rep was very good, professional, and answered all my questions. He worked with me since I had to wait to get the paperwork. I've been with them for six months now and my experience with them has been good.

Earl,

We're so glad to see that your system is making you feel safer and and providing peace of mind! Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com regarding the key-chain and we will be happy to set up an appointment for an Agent to contact you. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I'm retiring and will be traveling around a little bit, so I needed to ensure that everything is safe here. Protect America have good ratings, so I got their security system and have been with them for less than a year now. Their sales rep was very helpful in explaining everything clearly for me. They sent me the kit and I installed it. I just put it in and spoke to their rep for a few minutes and we're off and roll it. However, my girlfriend dropped the clicker and it doesn't work anymore. So I was trying to get a hold of somebody to get another one because that would be very helpful for my girlfriend, but I was at work and was very upset because couldn't complete the contact yet. But other than that, our overall experience has been very good so far.

Thomas,

It is great to know the system set up was easy!Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and for allow us to protect your home and family! Have a great day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

Setting up the system of Protect America was fairly easy. I had a lot of directions, so that was good. And since then, it works.

Wade,

We are happy to hear that Matt provided you with such great service! Thank you for choosing Protect America, have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

Very helpful salesperson - Matt was helpful, courteous and was focused on my needs and concerns. No pressure and no upselling. Got exactly what we needed.

James,

We are happy to hear that our system is providing the security and safety that you deserve! Thank you for choosing Protect America to protect your home and family. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

I thought that something had been stolen from our home, but it turned out later that it had not been, but I thought it's time to get a security system. My son-in-law told me about Protect America and he installed the equipment himself. Now that we have the system, I feel more at ease and less fearful at the moment that there's something in my home.

James,

We are extremely concerned to hear about your experience! It is important to us that we connect with you to work towards a resolution as soon as possible! Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to schedule an appointment for one of our Agents to contact you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Company is difficult to contact when any effort is made to cancel the service (contract completed). When contact is made, they declare that 30 days written notice is required and billing will continue, even if the service is not being used. They will not negotiate in good faith unless you choose to remain with them or extend a contract. This company works hard to make the sale. They provided excellent service with regard to installation and upgrades and equipment replacement. They will work very hard to keep your business. However, if there becomes a need to end the service (after completion of all contract requirements) they will immediately become unreasonable and impossible to work with.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST THIS COMPANY. Customer service and sales should be about making the customer satisfied for their continuation and/or return. There is NO possible way I will ever consider this company again after this experience.

Jess,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience! We would really like to connect with you to assist you with this! We would love to speak with you, please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we can set up an appointment for one of our Account Specialists to contact you. We look forward to connecting with you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

My experience with Protect America until now has been very positive. The initial order, installation and other interactions with the company were excellent. As part of the sale we agreed to a monitoring contract with a duration of 36 months. Not a problem. We recently sold our home and wish to leave the alarm system in the home for the new owner to use or not to use.

I called to cancel the service and asked that the company provide an invoice that would allow me to pay the remaining contractual obligation. I was told by the service rep, Cory, that I could not cancel service because it was not within 30 days of the expiration date. He suggested that I provide him with the new owner's name and phone number so he could initiate a transfer of service. I have no interest in acting as Protect America's agent. All I want is to cancel the monitoring service and relieve myself of the contractual obligation. I no longer have an interest in their alarm system and I have the money to satisfy the contract. What is the problem Protect America?

Phyllis,

We are excited to hear that you chose Protect America to protect against those burglars! It is always great to know that you are enjoying our services and that we are providing you the peace of mind you deserve! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I knew I should get a home alarm because there are burglaries all over our neighborhood. Even though nobody's ever broken into my house in 45 years, I still didn't feel comfortable with everybody breaking in. So I went through the internet, checked and found Protect America, and thought, "Okay, let's give it a try." I was going to find out how much their home alarm costs and wasn't going to take it, but then I got a real nice lady on the phone who convinced me. Their home alarm is very easy to maintain. Protect America works - I never have any problems, like the home alarm goes on and suddenly scares me.

Joyce,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to schedule an appointment for one of our Agents to contact you regarding that additional sensor for your system. Welcome to Protect America, we look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have an awesome day!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

Johnny ** was very patient and detailed in his instructions during the installation.He had to finish up another installation so he hung up the call with me while I finished installing the remaining contacts. He called me back in a timely manner as he promised. He also answered all the questions I asked. The only item he didn't follow up on was my question about adding another contact (sensor) as I miscounted my windows - I could use another sensor for my kitchen window. I asked him if there is a possibility to add it to my current service or if it would additional cost. He said we would go back to it but we didn't get the chance to discuss it further. This is the only reason why I didn't give him a "5".

At the onset, when I signed up for the service, another representative (Ernie **) signed me up. He said that an alarm permit fee is needed and it will be included in my first bill and that the company will take care of submitting the permit. Later that week, I received an email saying I have to go to my local police station and fill out the form and pay the fee. I called and spoke to Bill. He clarified that I indeed have to go to my local police station and that he will reverse the fee that was included in my bill. Two-three days later, I received an email confirming that the fee will be credited back to me.

Angela,

We are excited to hear that we were able to provide the best deal for all of our needs! Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us! Have an awesome day!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I’ve had a security system for years. I just changed company. Protect America gave me a better deal. They sent the security system through the mail. The rep I talked to was awesome and very patient in helping me get it all hooked up. I would definitely recommend.

Richard,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience! We would like to connect you with you regarding your concerns. Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and let us know the best time to reach you via phone during the day. We look forward to hearing from you!

Protect America Inc.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

The security in my area was heard to be marginalized, so I tried to do something about it. Protect America was offered as a package deal along with DirecTV so it was easy to buy it that way. The sales reps promised a lot of things but didn't deliver anything, so I insisted they fulfill what they are supposed to do and got a half fence done. The installer showed me how to work the home security and also answered my questions, but there isn't an owner's manual with the control box. There is no direction to refer to afterward, or troubleshoot it. And the price is a little excessive. Now that I know the different options available, I'm gonna change it soon to get a more economical option that is as good.

Salvador,

We are pleased to hear that Jenny provided great and professional service! We appreciate you sharing your comments. Enjoy your day!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Spoke with Jenny and she walked me through everything and was great, true professional.

Vanessa,

It is great to hear Jenny provided you with the service you deserve! Thank you for choosing Protect America! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Jenny was helpful and courteous. Guided me step-by-step and answered my questions.

Protect America Company Profile