toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best regards,

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been a loyal customer with Protect America for over 7 years. In my experience, as head of our Neighborhood Watch Program, they provide the best product and customer service in Home Security Systems. Their monthly rates are reasonable and fair, the products offered are superior to that of any other Home Security Company, but most importantly the Customer Service Team and Alarm Event Response Team consistently prove this.

I had a question on adding an additional siren to my system and contacted Customer Service at Protect America. My call was answered in under 2 minutes, and David **, my General CARE representative spent over 1 hour of his time to ensure I was taken care of. His knowledge base of the company and the products they have available was unprecedented. Most importantly, his level of genuine caring and concern me as a loyal customer far exceeded any expectations I could have. In fact, at the end of the conversation, I felt more like a friend than a customer. This level of Customer Care is a perfect example as to why there is no other company like Protect America when it comes to home security and the level of Customer Service that can be expected.

Resolution In Progress

Patricia,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We hope we were able to resolve your concerns and wish you the best in your future home security search.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I put their security system in both my home and my office in 2014 and was in a three year contract. Honestly, if my son hadn't been home to help me install the system, I would have had a box of gadgets doing nothing. They "walk you thru" installing the system over the phone. Not an easy endeavor. Then after everything is up and running that's just about all the support you're going to get. I had tried many times to get someone live on their phone, only to get frustrated and hang up. For three years I paid that company nearly $100 per month and it was so frustrating I hardly ever turned the system on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

UPGRADE & NEEDED SOME SIGNS THAT WERE BROKEN. Appreciate all the service that both Bryan and James ** provided, answer all my questions and concerns in a professional matter. Sorry can't remember Bryan's last name? They both in my opinion are a positive asset to Protect America. I managed a big call center for a telephone company and know about call centers and appreciate. Thanks.

I purchased a alarm system with Protect America and I wanted to commend the sales agent who I spoke with. His name is Bradley **, and he was real nice, personal, and answered all of my questions. He gave a lot of information and help me with my decision to purchase a new security system.

I am writing again to let you know that my husband and I have never experienced the level of customer service from a company as we have with Protect America! We are so impressed from the time I spoke with your sales rep, to the installation people, to the online chat service reps. They have ALL been top-notch, knowledgeable, friendly and most importantly, patient! All of our questions have been answered and we never felt that we were "interrupting" someone's day as I have felt with other companies. The equipment is fantastic, the prices are excellent and the customer service phenomenal. Thank you to all!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Inquiring & ultimately ordering wireless service. The representative was very patient and worked with me relative to my desires and questions. He did not attempt to "Oversell", which I appreciated. At this time, I am awaiting delivery of the monitoring system.

My rep Devin was great in explaining the differences in home security systems on the market today. He clearly explained why Protect America is the best in the business and the best bang for your buck. He deserves a raise!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kseniya ** was terrific in helping us with our security system. She was personable, friendly and professional. What a great experience on the phone with her. Thank you! She walked us step by step in the process and all the information as well as numbers and support.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Please extend my sincere thank you to Richard ** for his excellent customer service in providing our home with Protect America home security plan. He was extremely professional, courteous and knowledgeable in helping me with this new plan. We currently have service with ADT of which was very problematic... we are looking forward to the excellent support from Protect America that Richard sold us.

Ron,

Original review: May 16, 2017

Promised a lot -- delivered very little. This was my experience. A door to door sales representative visited on 4/24. It took until 5/6 for the actual installation - after spending many days at home waiting for an installer to show and numerous phone calls to customer service. The parts took a while to arrive as well. When both the parts and the installer finally showed, they were unable to install the equipment where they said that they could install it. They "mounted" the sensor on my air conditioner!! They were supposed to switch my phone number (landline) to a different number. Instead they cancelled my (landline) phone. When I called to try and get that back, they stated that they had my cell phone ready to cancel as well. I told them, "Absolutely not - do not cancel my only phone."

Then they were unable to restore my landline - now I have to try and get that back!! So, while this company did not meet their contract obligations, they could NOT send a representative to pick up the equipment, and I WAS expected to live up to my end of the contract. I now have to spend hours uninstalling the equipment and returning it. I spent hours of my time trying to get everything installed correctly, and then hours trying to get out of it. I would highly recommend not signing anything until the equipment is installed to your satisfaction, and they can demonstrate that it works as they stated it would.

I just want Protect America to know that I spoke with one of the Inside Sales Team Member Gearard ** and he made my customer experience great! Gearard ** was very helpful and was able to get me with the right security plan that I was looking for! Great job done!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our customer service rep was very good. He helped us with every question. He took his time with us. The installation that we did was easy and the employee that helped us was very good to work with. I love my new system. I feel very secure with this system. Thank you.

Robert,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We hope we were able to resolve your concerns regarding your system installation/connectivity issues and if you still aren't satisfied, please feel free to contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I installed a wireless system earlier this year and have had nothing but technical issues and poor customer service. Upon writing to their SVP and subsequently their CEO, I was scheduled (since they always seem to have 45+ wait times on their customer service lines and their own apps support doesn't have the ability to help either) to have an Install walk through yesterday. I allotted an half hour of my time since I run a business. An hour and a half after the slotted time a rep called me and expected me to drop everything to fit her time. Didn't happen. We rescheduled for 11 am EDT this morning and lo and behold, no call at the slotted time. Again, an hour and a half later, I received a call from a new rep who evidently wasn't clued into what had gone on previously. As I was out of the house at that time, I let it roll to voicemail.

These folks are either inundated beyond their capabilities or place such a low value of retaining 10+ year customers or are plain incompetent. I frankly don't know. In the interim while I look for a new provider who will at least show some respect for my value and time, my recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Charles ** had excellent customer service. He answered all of our questions with confidence, and recommended the right package for us and our needs. I will recommend to all our friends. The entire experience was comfortable and my husband and I both were able to get quality service by Mr. Charles **.

Protect America

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We noticed we were able to reach back out to you regarding your concerns and hope they were resolved in a positive manner. If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I have been unhappy with the service from Protect America for nearly 3 years. I signed up on 10/15/2014 so that I could monitor my home when in Florida for the winter. The camera, which is the way I wanted to be able to view the great room in my house has never worked on a consistent basis, Protect America might have been able to make it work for a day or two, but never consistently. I have spend hours and hours to try to make it work. Protect America sent me a new camera and it did not solve the problem. After nearly three years of problems I just want to terminate my service at the end of my contract on 10/15/2017.

Today I called to do that and I was put on hold for approximately and hour and a half by technical support who said I had to talk to someone else. I finally gave up and contacted chat support and they said I would be called back in 24 to 48 hours. Another example of the level of customer services one can expect from Protect America. My advice is do not use Protect America and instead run the other way. I have spent approximately $2,000 for services, which I would rate at work only a small percentage of that amount.

Protect America

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about this and ensure we have addressed your concerns and home security. Please feel free to contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: April 23, 2017

This morning my lawn guy came and disrupted my schedule letting out dogs and getting my paper. I forgot to turn the alarm off and about 15 minutes later I realized it. There never was any call. This concerns me as twice before I forgot when we first got it I was called immediately. This was about 9:15 am edt.

I am very pleased with my service as a customer. The customer representative was very polite and helpful, and all services reviewed and current. She reviewed all my options and filled me in on all the details. The review, update and renewal only took a short time.

Protect America

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. If you have any future concerns please feel free to contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Overall the experience that I have had with Protect America has been less than positive, but you had ONE employee, Ashley **, that understood that I was in fact the customer and that my experience with PA was unique. Though I had a contract with PA, I WAS NOT USING THE SERVICE. I had numerous interactions with PA employees and CS systems over the course of the past 2 years. Multiple times over that 2 years PA would contact me saying that they needed to set up the system. My response never changed, "I don't want to set up the system. I am not going to use the system."

Why pay for a service I was not going to use you ask? The main reason was PA would not let the previous home owner (I bought the home in APR 2015) out of his contract even though he was moving. This to me seems borderline unreasonable and somewhat desperate for a company your size. Regardless, I agreed to take over the account because the previous owner and I agreed that I would.

So for 2 years I paid a monthly expense, although I did miss some payments occasionally, for a service that I never used. I understand contractual obligations and I also understand the better part of customer/vendor relationships where some discretion on the part of the vendor should be considered. For example, "Mr. ** - we noticed that you have not activated your system in the past 12 months, is there any particular reason why?" "Why yes. I took over the account because you all wouldn't let the previous contract owner out of his agreement - and as I've told you multiple times, I am not interest in using the system." "Well then we should do the right thing and just allow you to cancel the contract seeing as you've paid for it an entire year and have not used the service at all." Just saying... TO BE CLEAR... this is nothing more than feedback for PA. It is neither positive nor negative. Merely feedback about MY experience.

The absolute most positive aspects regarding my 2 year interaction with PA came from Ashley **. Specifically: To the best of my recollection, all other employees merely told me that we had to do it, which I simply said; "I am not going to use it." Ashley was the only PA employee that educated me as to WHY we needed to hook the system up and test it.

There was a significant amount of phone time and emails that I spent with PA and consistently, EVERY SINGLE TIME, Ashley would answer my question(s) and/or provide me with information to help me understand where we were at in the cancellation process. Multiple times she would reach out to me and make sure that I understood where there was any confusion on my part or PAs, and she would not disengage in that stream of interaction until I said I fully understood where we were at and what the next steps were. She was incredibly prompt and her follow-up was truly noteworthy.

Here is the summary: I had a unique relationship with Protect America. Out of all the employees I interacted with from your organization, I strongly believe that Ashley ** was the only person representing your organization that understood that simple reality. She was consistently professional, courteous, and sympathetic to my unique experience – me paying for a service that I was not using.

As I said earlier, this is merely feedback for your organization. The other employees were never rude. Please understand that all it took was one of your employees to engage me, help me understand why your company was doing what it was, and what specifically I needed to do. I have no clue if Ashley's desk is a mess, or if she killed off the plant that was sitting in her area by always dumping her unfinished coffee into it, or if she often times violates the No cooking Fish in the microwaves! Break room policy, or if she takes longer than normal bathroom visits, or if she is absolutely worthless the day after the Cowboys lose to the Packers, or... What I do know is that for me, at least for me she understood I was the customer and went above and beyond. My experience with PA was not a positive one, until Ashley ** represented your company in a very professional and consistent manner. Just saying.

I want to thank Protect America for serving me with state of the art equipment for the last 16 and 1/2 years. Your patience while helping us older people install is so wonderful. Every time I call you take care of my situation. You all are so wonderful. So good to be a part of Protect America.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Megan was OUTSTANDING today in helping me with my replacement installation. She was the exceptional customer service we always want to get, but rarely do. I just sent another survey email to your CEO Scott Fleming with more detail on this experience with Megan. She is the best asset you have in representing your brand and service. Thank you.

Protect America

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about this and ensure we have addressed your concerns. Please feel free to contact Customer Service at phone number: 1(800) 951-5111.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Alarm companies are similar, so here is why NOT Protect America: After a 3-year service contract I decided to discontinue. I was forwarded to 2 different people until I spoke to someone able to cancel service. She would not take "No" for an answer, and informally left me with the impression I was going to have my house robbed. After 20 minutes of selling fear, I was directed to my e-mail for an online link to discontinue service. The e-mail never came. I had to call back, get forwarded through 2 different people again, and request another e-mail. Then, because I canceled on the 12th, I was made to pay for that month and the following month because they can't prorate service.

The person that I chat with were very very helpful or let's say great. In no time our system was up and running. So happy we decided to go with Protect America. Will pass it along to other friends. One other thing I like about this company, the equipment at no charge. Other companies charge you 200 to 300 dollars.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The customer service representative was professional and friendly. I called to extend the 48 hour test period because I did not have time to focus on taking care of that. She helped me with my request. I am very pleased with the Protect America home security system so far. I feel more secure knowing that I have access to safety personnel in case of an emergency, and that help will be on their way to my home if I am in danger of personal injury. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very easy, nice man, best customer service I have ever had. Very informative and helpful. A+++. Good job. I am thrilled to hire your company. I did extensive research and all other companies were unable to get me to get my attention, unlike all other companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

If it weren't for Antoinette ** I probably would not have signed up. She was super helpful, professional and totally customer focused. Then when I did my install Timothy ** carried on with the same dedication. To put the icing on the cake I've already contacted customer service with some questions once on chat and once via voice and again the representatives could not do enough for me. Excellent training!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great customer Service! Brianna ** was a delight to talk to. She went over the packages in detail and at the same time kept it simple for me to understand. Very upbeat person and in my opinion she is a great asset to your company!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great experience switching from our old provider to Protect America. Value can't be beat. Customer service person, Lauren, was pleasant and knowledgeable. Looking forward to installing this new system next week. Thank so much for your assistance. Very satisfied customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently called in to troubleshoot why I wasn't able to receive email notifications when arming and disarming our system. The customer support specialist was absolutely professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and very courteous! We are very pleased to have such wonderful support! The support specialist was able to determine that the problem could be fixed by a firmware update. The firmware update was applied and the issue was resolved. Thank you so very much for your fantastic and professional help! We will absolutely recommend Protect America to everyone we encounter! Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Rene, the Protect America sales rep was amazing. Professional, yet cordial and very personable. She was extremely patient and answered all my questions intelligently and straightforward. She made every effort to build the perfect system for me while preserving to maximize the perks and discounts to close the sale.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Protect America is awesome. The service is great both in pricing and equipment. Never had any problems. When we have made additions in our equipment, the customer service reps, both online and on the phone, have always responded quickly and pleasantly. They have never failed to assist us in any way possible. We highly recommend Protect America to everyone we talk to who's in need of home security.

Protect America Company Profile