toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best regards,

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Excellent service!!! The Rep, Louis ** was very knowledgeable and considerate of me and my budget when recommending a package. Bingo!!! He is outstanding!!! I am very pleased with the package purchased today and I look forward to the service it will render.

New home alarm system bought and installed 2-11-17. Great experience working with Jeremy, Nick and Blake in the sales and installation process. Good directions, easy to install and done quickly. Also interested in the affiliate program as well. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Back in Sept. of 15, I answered a call from a great salesman that ended up selling me an alarm system that I did not need but gave him the business. Said equipment would be sent out & they would call to install it. I explained I traveled a lot so it will be hard to make contact with & he said they would work with me. Connected in December, finally spent hours the phone all to no avail because when he went to connect the main box it failed. He was angry but apologetic promising me he would send out the new equipment & call me to personally set it up. Very professional & I reminded him of my traveling issues. I did receive the new equipment and put it away in the closet & forgot all about it. Because it was not something I really wanted so I forgot about it.

The very professional guy never made contact with me again. No messages, nothing. Let me warn you that nobody in this organization ever calls you back I've learned. So I had no alarm system working, the company rep not calling & a potential traveling customer. In October of 2016 I get a bill charging me from Protect America for a service I am yet to receive. I'm thinking that's crazy & called & spoke with a Courtney I believe. She wanted me to set up my alarm & I said I would be happy to when you give me the credit back from all the money you have been stealing from me. Come to find out after checking my bank statements they had actually been taking money out of my account for over one year, since Sept. of 2015!!!

For an alarm service they knew I did not have due to them sending me faulty equipment. That is stealing. She said she did not think there would be a problem getting my credit & I reiterated that I would not hook up my alarm till the slate was clear & we could start over. So what did they do, once again nobody called me back to resolve anything AND they continued to charge me for an alarm I still don't have working. Unbelievable!!! So the next time I was home to take a call they are calling me for delinquent payments, not to proceed with my credit & the setting up of my alarm.

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up. So I spoke with a woman named Wanda in the billing department and she basically tried to blame me for everything & said she could possibly give me a 2-3 month credit. "What. So I am going to let you steal from me for 17 months and just say ok." No I told her I wanted a full credit because they were selling me something. They sold a good that I NEVER, not once received & expected me to pay for it. In fact my next call is to the Attorney General's Office. So Wanda assured me that she would look into it and get back to me with some sort of resolution. Well I forgot I was dealing with Protect America, they do not return calls.

Fast forward to this week and my husband starts getting harassing calls every day at his office. I start getting calls & threats that they were going to turn me over & report it to the Credit Bureau. So once again I have to place a call to remind them that I owe them nothing! They better not turn me over to the credit bureau because they owed me money! A girl from the billing department called and she was quite sassy and obviously had her marching orders about what she was told to tell me. She was not very bright & could not understand my story & kept telling me it was all my fault. By now I'm convinced I have been trapped in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Little did I know I had a third party listening in to my call. Never introduced himself so I had no idea about their little conspiracy. I am pretty sure that is against the law. Now enters Damon, the business manager. Having been in the business world my whole life, I have never come across a more rude & condescending man in my life. After listening in to the call his mind was already made up just like the girl that was not very bright. Only Damon's chosen route to put this issue to rest was to imply that I was stupid and could not follow the path my account had taken. Even to the point that he suggested I get a pen to write down the dates he was telling me so I could follow the conversation.

Well Damon may intimidate other unsatisfied customers but he will have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to intimidate me! His last remark on this topic was that he was going to turn me over to the credit bureau if I did not give him a payment right then. He then refused to give me any names above his manager who he said would call me back in a few days. 2-3 days I believe it was. Are you kidding me? Who does business like that Protect America? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

So I have realized after talking with so many people that this company is running some sort of scam. I was never told by the sales department that I would start being charged that month in Sept. of 15! I never would have agreed to buy it. I know how hard I am to get a hold of. Nobody is going to agree to pay for nothing. Then talking to the billing department they seem to be reading off a script.

Nobody in upper management can be spoken to. They don't return calls, so I can't help but believe they are very familiar with scamming people. I would tell any person out there don't fall for the salesman. They are nice sounding guys. But after you hang up that phone don't be sure you will get what you paid for. Anything that goes wrong they will try to blame you! They take no responsibility for their product even when it is delivered broken the very first time. It is up to you to coordinate the repair & install. Protect America is a horrible company! Stay away from them!!!

Victor was an amazing rep. He helped me through this process very well. I only decided to become a Protect America member because of my experience with Victor. He provided all the details to all questions I asked and also additional information. I appreciate Victor so much. I emailed the CEO to publish Victor's excellent customer service. Thanks again Victor and thank you Protect America.

Dear Neal:

Protect America Inc. has been protecting homes and families for 25 years. We are concerned to hear about your experience. It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We were unable to reach you at the phone numbers you provided. Please email us at customerprotection@protectamerica.com to set a time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Yours truly,

Customer Protection

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I just noticed after several months that I have not been receiving any response to my alarm system. Well, to my dismay, your system doesn't work with Vonage; So I decided to cancel your services; not because you didn't offer something else but mainly because of your poor customer service. The rep was quite polite, albeit, but did nothing to address my current concern... approximately 6 months of charges with no service. I explicitly stated that this was the main issue, but it was promptly ignored and simply offered future credits IF I upgrade to a 3 year contract. Really?

I never got my issue addressed, ignored the fact that I had no service for the past 6 months and STILL have no service and to boot, the customer service rep advised that I was going to not only not receive any past refunds, but actually have to pay for 1 more payment in the month of March! Unbelievable. Would you please address this? I really don't believe I should be charged another cent. Do you think that's fair? Really?

Louis was the best phone rep I have ever had the chance to work with. He was patient and knowledgeable about the product and services I will need in my home. Great on every level. I ended the call feeling like not only did I get a great deal but will be in good hands moving forward.

I do not understand the negative reviews I have seen here. I have used Protect America for almost 10 years and find them to be extremely reliable. Their customer service has been helpful and patient when I have had problems with their equipment. This is a self install system and that includes fixing problems with equipment. But they have successfully talked me through the repair. They have also replaced equipment, when necessary. They have also help me with testing the system. The only complaint I have is that the smoke detector cover is difficult to remove and put back on when replacing the battery. The batteries are proprietary and have to be ordered from Protect America. But they last a long time.

Great service. The customer service rep did a great job taking the time to answer all my questions. I feel confident in Protect America's customer service that they will always be there for me. Thank you for helping to protect my family. I appreciate it very much.

I was looking for an alarm service for my new office and Bradley ** helped me feel so at home with Protect America. Upon searching the internet for alarm service companies, I found myself flooded with links leading to me to overpriced installations with very high monthly recurring costs. Then I came across Protect America. They provide all the services their competitors do, they provide AT NO COST all the equipment that their competitors charge you for, and their recurring monthly cost is lower than the competitors. Everything this company is doing right it seems. My recommendations are things that only make the company even better, not one thing negative I can find so far. ALL customer service reps that I have spoken to have been AMAZING. So courteous, knowledgeable, and diligent to get questions answered while I am on the phone. Love Protect America! Absolutely the best option for Small Business Security Needs.

I am a new homeowner and I always said to myself that as soon as I purchase my first home I will do everything as possible to be able to afford home security to protect my love ones. I called all day today getting estimates from ADT, Frontpoint, etc... my last call was to Protect America and I ended up loving the new customer deal that they were offering me. The sales associate mention that I will also get one yard sign but when I asked if I could please have 2 more so I can placed them on my backyard and also on the carport entrance he said that unfortunately he was not able to do so. He was extremely kind and an awesome salesperson and probably did not depend on him but something so simple like denying a yard sign I felt is definitely not a good way to begin business with you.

My experience was of the highest standards performed by Mr. Tim **. I have one concern and that is only one key fob was sent for this setup, and I would think that two (2) key fobs would be shipped as, generally, there are two (2) occupants of a residence.

Kimberly,

Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to see that your equipment concern has been resolved. If there is anything else we cas assist with please email us at customerprotection@protectamerica.com

Protect America, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have only been with this company for about 1 month and it has been a complete nightmare. The people who answer the phone are very rude, it sounds like they are at home and your interrupting their day. You pretty much are the technician of the system. I called them to tell them my alarm system would not work from my phone it was giving an error 001, they could not assist me, that I had to be next to the alarm. What good does that do?

So I had to wait a day to get home with no protection on my home and then when I got home I had to take the panel apart myself to be told "Oh i just checked we have been having some problems with the panel, so now we have to send another mother board, oh and by the way you have to replace that yourself." Take it apart and put it in myself, what a joke a 3 year contract. I feel like I have been scammed, this is just awful. So no security until I get a panel, maybe or maybe not, I did not feel assured with whom I spoke to and it's big and bulky.

Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback! We are concerned by your cancellation experience. Please allow us an opprotunity to resolve your concerns by emailing customerprotection@protectamerica.com.

Protect America

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Poor customer service/ dishonest. DO NOT BUY! Buyer beware the sales people will try to buy the equipment and tell you that you can return equipment. I had to pay $79 restocking fee because I did not refuse package although I never opened package and wanted to return it less than 1 day of being delivered. Salesman was misleading. There is a reason they are not BBB accredited and have 500 poor reviews.

New Customer - I was assisted by Charlie ** in sales. Charlie was amazing! I always thought a home security system would cost way too much, and break my pocket book! Charlie was extremely helpful, and put my mind at ease. The fees were super affordable, and I am a mother with 5 kids at home so money is tight! But I just purchased safety for my family for less than a pair of mid-priced shoes! Thank you Charlie!

I have had Protect America as my home security system for over six years now. When I relocated to North Carolina, I wanted to have it transferred with me. Not only was I able to do so, but because the system I had is now outdated, I was able to get new equipment shipped to me at no additional cost, not even shipping & handling fees. The employees are very helpful if you're in need of assistance in installing your unit or just answering questions. In my opinion, Protect America is one of the best home security companies I've ever dealt with. Thank you Protect America!!!

Renae: Purchased system with her assistance. Excellent sales person and very helpful in guiding me through the process. My insurance carrier required this installation but thus far has been painless. Kevin: Helped me set up system, very helpful and patient. I had an appointment but decided to start the set up prior to my appointment.

Scott,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I see that we were able to resolve your concerns. If there is anything else we can help with, send an email to customerprotection@protectamerica.com

Protect America, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I initially chatted with Dana and forgot my username & password. I was given someone else account user name & password. I was also asked for my security codes to link to my account & app. Dana did not provide much help and did not confirm that I was able to log in. When I chatted with Linda ** she did an amazing job assisting me. Responses were a little slow but eventually got the answers. I am a little disappointed that my replacement equipment will take 4 days to arrive since I am paying a monthly service.

Protect America

We've had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Tomlinson and resolve his concerns.

Customer Protection Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

After finishing a three year contract with Protect America I chose to go with a different company. I notified Protect America of my decision which took 4 phone calls and long wait times, and after they spent 20 minutes trying to convince me to keep their service, they told me a 30 day written notice was required to cancel my service and that I would be charged an additional month because of billing cycles and it takes that long to turn the service off. I called at the beginning of the month and they are charging me for two full months after canceling. I will be paying for almost 2months of service I will not be using after finishing my 36 month contract! Their phone App was also not working correctly most of those 36+ months!

Pamela,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are concerned to hear about your renewal expericence. I see where you have been contacted by our team to resolve your concerns. If there is anything else we can do to assist, please email us at customerprotection@protectamerica.com.

Yours truly,

Protect America, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

After over 12 years of being a loyal customer, these past couple of months have been a complete nightmare. I was provided inaccurate information, follow up and feedback has been almost non existent. The wait time to even speak to a representative averages over 45 min. I would prefer to take my losses and move to another company.

Protect America

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At times our call volume does create long hold times. Try our online chat at www.protectamerica.com, they can assist with almost all your security needs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I tried to call customer service this a.m. they said they were busy. When was the best time to call. Gave them a time this p.m. and have heard nothing back. I have been on the phone for 20 minutes trying to talk to someone. Customer service? What a joke. Finally spoke with J.R. in Austin he was excellent and very helpful.

Please note how professional, patient, and forthcoming Derek was with the sale of the security system. He took the time to listen to our issues and address all questions. I'm still waiting for the system to arrive, so I'm only giving a 3 as far as value and installation for now.

On Jan 2016 I was so exciting when I purchase my first home and finally decide to a get home security. I had contact several companies and finally decide to settle with Protect American home security but behold the worst is yet to come... I sign up 36 months contract with them. At the time of the contract the seller person didn't told me that I have get a city permit to have a home security alarm in my house. On Oct 20 the alarm goes off and I personal disarm and never call from the monitoring station. 10 minute later the police was knocking my door. A month later I get $296 dollar plenty for not having permit from city of Houston... That's something couldn't been avoided in time of the contract. MOST OF THE TIME THE SYSTEMS DOES NOT WORK.

Looking for an alternative to ADT and remembered my previous home security. So I called them to compare quote from other provider and end up going back. I end up with a good deal and an excellent service. I can not wait for the system to arrive. I will recommend this to friend.

I ordered a home security package, 3 door sensors, 2 motion sensors. Then ordered a smoke/heat detector. Then ordered 2 garage overhead door sensors, and a window sensor. One of the overhead door sensors was reading erratically. We tried one thing after the other to get the thing to read consistently, it just seemed like it was faulty. They finally decided to send me a replacement sensor. I dealt with several people over their live chat, they were very easy to work with, friendly & professional.

Protect America

We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience thus far! That is definitely not the standard of service that we strive for at Protect America, and we would very much like the opportunity to speak with you about this and ensure we have addressed your concerns. Please feel free to email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we would be happy to set up a time to speak with you about these issues and provide all options for resolution.

Best Regard,

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

When you think of security company... the times you need them most are in the middle of the night! When we arrived home after a trip, we could not get into our home and the only person we could actually talk to was a tech assistant on the phone! They told us that we could get into our house and that they would notify the police not to come to the house, but that the alarm would continue to be activated until support arrived the next morning!! Spent 1.5 hours outside of our house before we were able to get in!! ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A SECURITY COMPANY!!! Do not do business with them... Their customer service is rude and they are unwilling to correct wrongs when they make mistakes!!

Matt and Kevin are remarkable. If the rest of your sales team and installation team mirror these two, Protect America wouldn't have any competition. My son and I were intimidated with the installation process but thanks to Kevin **, my son and I are both standing a bit taller.

I really do not have anything good to say about this company right now. We had a billing issue in October 2015 and I received a bill. I called them and it was taken care of within a month. When we got our debit card with a chip in it, I didn't realize there was a problem because I thought we were using the checking account instead of the debit card. You would think this would be no big deal, right? Send another invoice, I call, get it taken care of. Except I didn't receive an invoice this time. Maybe there was an issue with the post office. No big deal, right? I'm sure they'll call & leave a message, right? They called, but didn't leave a message.

So I guess I should be able to psychically tell who is a solicitor, a wrong number and a customer service person calling about my account, right? That's a little bigger deal to me. I really think it shouldn't be too hard to just leave a name and number with a "Please call us back" message, but apparently, that's just a little too hard for this company to manage. Hmmm... How about email? Surely they can email me if there is a problem, right? After all, they send me emails with their newsletter and a sensor thing that would pop up. That can't be too hard, can it? Just an email? Except that they have a made-up yahoo email address that I have never heard of that I don't have that they have been sending the billing issues to. But they claim they don't change anything on your account without our permission. But don't worry, because the "nice" people I finally got in touch with to try and address this let me know it was my fault.

It was my fault that I didn't call back the random number with no caller ID on my phone to find our what they wanted. It was my fault that I didn't respond to an invoice that was lost or delivered incorrectly (or chewed up in machinery). And, of course, it was my fault that they were using a completely different email address to send these billing issues to and not the email address they had sent every other email to since 5/14/14. Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Protect America Company Profile