Call toll free
4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More
Get your FREE quote now

2508 Protect America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 29, 2019

The woman we first spoke to had zero interest in helping us, suggesting we would have to wait 4 years before we could get a new system installed and it would cost $150.00 to have a customer service person come out. This, as we found out, was a total fabrication. The young man we spoke to was very understanding (he was a supervisor) his name is Joshua **. He took the time to work with us and understand what to do. The original sensor on the window frame no longer worked and I was unable to remove it. His suggestion was simple. Put the new sensor in a new place and we did. It works great and we are so grateful to him for the time and patience he showed to a customer who has been with you for 20 years.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I called the same 800# I have used for 10 yrs and was told they showed my address and account, but no longer carried my acct as active. I was given a different # to 'Central Station' by the first operator, Central Sta. confirmed she had my account and it was active. I was ANGRY you changed the 800# on me and I did not know. I tried your regular 800 951-5111 - message - option 4 then another message - option 6 - sat on hold forever listening to advertisements for Protect America upgrades and got more frustrated...

Went to your website, more angry than I can say, and opted to use Chat. Was helped by Neal. Very long conversation but he helped me calm down, helped me recover my PW to my phone App and also I updated my phone book with your current numbers. Neal is OK, never let my anger get to him and he was knowledgeable and took care of me. BUT UNDERSTAND THAT IF A REAL ALARM HAD BEEN GOING ON AND I CALLED THE OLD NUMBER THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED ME AWAY. That stinks!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Recently I had a sensor that went off twice without any reason. I read that the battery might need to be changed so I tried that and the system was still telling me the window was open, so I contacted customer support at Protect America. My support person Gloria was just outstanding. We did several tests on the old one and she said that it appeared I needed a new one. They would send me one for $5.00 since it was under warranty, but I had went ahead and took advantage of their winter sale and purchased a couple extra just in case. Anyway, she helped me clear my history status, and then I installed the new one which we tested. She walked me thru the entire process. After deleting the old sensor and registering the new one, we set it up and my system is now back up. I am so glad to have had the great support and want to thank Protect America and its great staff, and thank Gloria for her help and patience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have been with you guys for I don't know how long... I believe I just renewed for the 3rd time, as well as set up my business with y'all almost 2 years ago. I have loved you guys from the beginning, and have continued to use y'all as well as tell everyone about y'all and sign up some new customers. Every time I talk with customer service or chat, they are always super nice and helpful. Have never had one bad experience with any aspect of y'all's business. Even today, getting my service moved and needing to get a new sensor, I was able to get more service from the specialist than I expected. Y'all definitely go above and beyond with your customers, and that is something this day in age. Thank you and keep it up!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Ms. C. **, exceeded our expectations. She was very classy, professional and personal. Ms. ** continued to remind my wife and me that she was a security consultant and not a salesperson and that’s exactly how we felt. We did not feel rushed, but that she had our family safety as the primary factor. She was very patience with us. There were several times we would place her on hold to discuss a matter, ask her another question, and caucus again and she remained patience. We asked a technical question, she took the time to go ask a technician, apologized for the two (2) minute wait, and provided an appropriate and sufficient response. Ms. ** continued to welcome us to the Protect America family and sent us a personal email thanking us. We don’t have buyer’s remorse, but feel that out of all the options we explored Protect America is the best of the best solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: May 23, 2019

Great chat session with one of your experts. The agent did an outstanding job guiding me through use of the home base station and the online system's capabilities. Apparently, you did such a good job that I summarized in less than the required number of words for a good review. So here are a few more.... nice work.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Used live chat to change my monthly payment. She sent the form and it was a painless process. Thank you! Great customer service. Thank you for training your staff in customer service. Not every organization does. Kudos to you and your organization!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Good help but unable to resolve the problem. Seems to be defective thermostat. Sending us a replacement. Unable to remove Z-wave, keeps trying but in the end it fails. Tried a number of times and tried moving the controller closer and farther away. Nothing helped. Even open the controller and sent a photo of the motherboard with all the lights.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Neal was extremely helpful. He helped me troubleshoot my problem. We narrowed it down to a bad sensor. Replacement on its way. I have had issues before and found your CS reps extremely helpful with issues I have had in the past.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was having trouble resetting my password on a new phone for my husband and mine seemed to be OK but because it wouldn't work on his line I totally reset it. I was emailed a new password that was 6 numerical digits. I wanted it to be edited with something I recognize. I didn't see an option to edit it on my own so I decided to chat. During the chat with Reilly who is by the way excellent! We updated my password fairly quickly... This rep was very patient and I give 5 stars!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Had work done and power went out and a low Batt came up... I finally messaged in and did a system test which Brittany helped with and the notification went away. Was a great help and now I can focus on something else. Thank you for the help Brittany.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I've been a customer of Protect America for years and recently upgraded my system thru the online Chat. Great customer service! I have had a couple accidental activation over the years, too, and they respond very promptly. I'm confident that they'll be there if there's a real emergency.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 4, 2019

We moved into a new home. The people we bought it from had a Protect America account, which they said we could take over and $60 would cover us for the rest of their term, which was a year long and would end in November 2020. Now that we are signed up, the contract says it's $60/ MONTH, and is a year from the date we took over. We can't afford this and it's not what we signed up for.

We've attempted several times to cancel or reduce the term of our agreement. The people we have spoken with have been manipulative, fake, unkind, and completely unhelpful. They have offered no solution for us to end or reduce this service that we no longer want. They have provided terrible customer service, twist our words, and pretend they are "just trying to help" us. Not only can we not afford this contract, but we don't want to support a business that is so deceitful and rude to its customers.

Dear Natasha:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. While we would like to address your concerns, we've found that you are not the account holder named on the Protect America account, therefore we are unable to discuss the account information at this time.

We would be pleased to speak with the account holder regarding their concerns. We ask that the account holder named on the account contact us.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: May 3, 2019

Brittany was very helpful with giving me step by step directions to help problem solve a modular failure issue with our panel and touch screen boxes. She was patient as I had to run to get a very tiny screwdriver! Seems the steps she had me do helped the issue. Thank you Brittany!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Chat for stickers and window contact - Brittany was awesome and efficient. She handled my request without any problems. Was courteous and did not waste time responding. It was a pleasure to work out my request with her.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

Never get a Protect America Service. They make you sign some shady contract for 3 years and mandate that you send written notification to cancel which is only available through their website and it won't allow you to send the cancellation service citing you owe MORE money. You can't simply call and cancel. Disgusting company. Leeches.

Dear Vic:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like to apologize for your experience but we are unable to locate your account with the name and email address provided. We'd like you to know that per your agreement with us we require a 30 day written notice. We send out a cancellation email and you would need to sign the cancellation link electronically to initiate the cancellation process. When the acknowledgement link is signed, the account is automatically setup to cancel thirty (30) days from that point, which is the cancellation window outlined in the agreement. Any balance owed can be paid as part of that process.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care team, so we can address your questions and/or concerns in this matter.

Customer Protection

Original review: April 20, 2019

I could not get into my interactive account on my desktop. The chat representative was very professional and patient with me. Was able to assist me in getting into my interactive account. I was surprised that I could correct the problem through the chat option.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2019

Protect America somehow obtained my new debit card information and withdrew my monthly premium WITHOUT my authorization. They tried to state it was a courtesy and my bank provided them with my new card number! Lies, I spoke to my bank and they said they wouldn’t do that, and that Protect America is lying and now I’m going to contact an attorney. I’ve been paying them for 2 years and the equipment is garbage, their customer service is subpar, and they illegally take your money!

Dear Rachal:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like to apologize for your experience regarding your payment information but Protect America does not have access to obtain updated payment information unless it has been provided to us. Per the recorded phone call between you and our billing team, we explained that the payment method was updated with the correct account information provided by your bank. We would be more than happy to speak with you and address your equipment concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: April 15, 2019

My back door sensor does not work properly and need often reinstall battery. Battery has full capacity but system talks me 'Back Door Low Battery'. Representative was very helpful. I hope this never occur again. I think my description short but comprehensive.

Original review: April 9, 2019

You should be so lucky to be connected to a Customer Care Representative who's name is Brandt. I have just established a contract with Protect America. I'm very happy with my service. I live alone and have had some break ins. I didn't understand one procedure (something I was doing wrong) and Customer Care Brandt couldn't have been any kinder in explaining it to me. He took time to talk about products I was interested in and explained in detail how it worked and if it would be beneficial to my needs. He is a valuable employee who really likes his job. After our conversation, I was in a great mood and I felt I got the best education in this companies products and services. He really represented your company in the most excellent way. Thanks Protect America!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Received faulty equipment from day one and it took several phones calls to get it rectified. My sensors kept falling off the windows and even though I told them not to send police they did anyway which cost me $25 a pop plus an extra fee when I have to renew my license with the city. Now my biggest fear is when my 3-year contract is up I'm told by several former customers that they still charge your credit card even though you have canceled service with them. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF THEM!!! PROTECT AMERICA IS ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR THEMSELVES AND SCREWING THE LITTLE PEOPLE!

Dear Donna:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. We would like to apologize for your experience regarding your equipment but our records show that we've had the opportunity to speak with you and replaced and installed the faulty sensors.

Per your agreement we require a 30 day written notice. We send out a cancellation email and you would need to sign the cancellation link electronically to initiate the cancellation process. When the acknowledgement link is signed, the account is automatically setup to cancel thirty (30) days from that point, which is the cancellation window outlined in the agreement. Any balance owed can be paid as part of that process.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Mr ** was amazing, patient and had great knowledge about everything his company has to offer to protect a home. He took the time to carefully explain what would work best in our house. I would applaud his work ethic and excellence in customer service. I will be referring our friends and family to this company and Mr ** in the future.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Very nice and fixed my problem quick and easy. Know his stuff. Would tell a friend about Protect America and their support how great they are. They fix it right the first time and they do it quick. Thank Again for a great experience.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Chat person did excellent and thorough job in dispensing info; very professional, knowledgeable and courteous; importance of quality customer service was clearly noted; I learned the steps involve to answer my inquiry and what is necessary in order to have this take place.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Gloria was very helpful. She provided me information for additional equipment and updated all of my information for the relocation. I was very happy with this experience. I have been very happy with my experience with Protect America. Being able to chat instead of waiting on the phone makes things so much easier.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Aly was a great help. I will set up system when I have my son-in-law helping me. I just could not do it today. I have always enjoyed dealing with the Protect America support team. Everyone is so friendly and very courteous.

Original review: March 31, 2019

The customer service agent was very helpful. I have always had great customer service with Protect America. They're always willing to help in anyway they can. I also love the Chat option because you get Instant access to an agent. Plus you don’t have to worry about having to explain your problem to 4 different people because you get transferred 4 different times. Thanks again for everything!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I need to add a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. I also wanted to perform a system test. As always, be it phone or chat, I received excellent customer service. Knowledgeable and friendly as always. I have never had an unpleasant experience dealing with support or sales.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I needed to reconnect my cameras and Gloria was very helpful and patient. She had them set up in no time!!! I have been with Protect America since 2010 and have been satisfied with my service since the beginning. Keep up the good work!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Gloria was great. Very helpful and handled my issues quickly and accurately. I was glad I was able to contact someone through chat and not have to call in. When I call in I'm always on hold for 20 min or longer.

Protect America expert review by Ben Mannes

Get do-it-yourself home security and automation with 3 different packages for $28.99-$42.99 a month. Systems have a lifetime warranty on 3-year contracts and come with free moving kits.

• Free system: Protect America gets you started with a free, basic equipment package when you sign up for a monitoring plan. Consumers can upgrade equipment for an additional fee.

• Low monthly fee: Protect America offers one of the cheapest security plans available with options starting at $28.99 a month for basic equipment and monitoring via landline.

• Two-way voice system: Protect America's two-way landline intercom eliminates the need for the company to call your phone to verify a problem – and enables you to instantly call out for help, if required.

• Equipment guarantee: Protect America’s equipment is guaranteed for three years. The company doesn’t charge an insurance fee for this protection.

• Installation: Protect America offers phone support for your DIY installation.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Protect America Company Information