Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5
Visit Website

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Video
Protect America Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect America has some of the most affordable home security packages on the market. Although their cancellation process could be better, setup is easy and reviews mention excellent customer service.

PROS

• Economically priced basic system
  • Simple DIY installation
  • Low price guarantee

CONS

• Inconvenient cancellation process

Top Protect America Reviews

I've been a customer of Protect America for years and recently upgraded my system thru the online Chat. Great customer service! I have had a couple accidental activation over the years, too, and they respond very promptly. I'm confident that they'll be there if there's a real emergency.

The customer service was so easy to get real-time support, promptly, while lounging on my couch. I accessed the real-time support from an iOS app that I downloaded. The interface of the app is so simple to use - very intuitive. No documentation needed. Simple and effective.

How does Protect America work?

Protect America offers simple, affordable home security systems with a straightforward DIY setup that takes less than an hour to complete. Using Protect America’s automation features, you can control settings throughout your home, like heating and cooling, lights, and powered window blinds. You don’t have to pay for equipment from Protect America, just the monthly monitoring fee.

Each Protect America home security system comes with free use of the Protect America app: SMART Connect. The app can arm and disarm the system, turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors and stream video from security cameras.

Protect America cost

Protect America offers a low price guarantee, which is not at all common among home security companies. The cost for their Copper plan is already one of the lowest you will find anywhere for a good home security system. Protect America does not charge customers for the cost of equipment, just a monthly monitoring rate, which is another rarity.

PlanMonthly cost
Copper$19.99
Silver$37.99
Platinum$42.99

Protect America plans and packages

Protect America offers three plans: Copper, Silver and Platinum. The Platinum package costs slightly more than the Silver plan, but provides 5 additional sensors. The Copper plan is likely best for those with smaller homes who don’t need tons of equipment. Every package with a Protect America yard sign and decals. See what comes with each package below:

Copper planSilver planPlatinum plan
Copper plan3
Silver plan9
Platinum plan14

Protect America equipment

Once you’ve chosen your Protect America plan, you can purchase additional equipment to bolster your home’s security; such as, the Simon XTI control panel — a powerful device that can monitor and control up to 40 devices. You can also add the August Smart Lock Pro that allows you to unlock and lock doors, and the Linear Garage Door Controller controls your garage door remotely. With Z-Wave technology, you can manage all of these things plus your home's lighting under one network. Protect America’s system can also integrate with the Amazon Echo. Additional equipment from Protect America includes:

• Door and window sensors
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Wireless cameras
  • Keypad locks

Protect America FAQ

How to cancel Protect America?
As with most companies, Protect America cancellation is a bit of a process. You need to send a written letter to Protect America 60 days before you want to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days of beginning the contract, you won’t have to pay anything except for a $19.95 activation charge.
What do reviews say about Protect America customer service?
Protect America security reviews speak highly of the company’s customer service and mention quick technical help with friendly representatives. Protect America reviews in general rate the company well.

Is Protect America a good security system?

We give high marks to Protect America’s home security system. Their already low costs are bolstered by their price match guarantee. We also love their easy DIY setup. If you’re looking for an affordable security system with home automation features, Protect America is a great choice.

Protect America Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 21, 2020

As a person living with mental illness I was greeted with a person that was very patient with me and I highly recommend this company. They were very patient with me and although I can't say you'll get the same representative I got I would imagine the company has more people like this! They gave very detailed information and sent me a quote of what exactly I needed to make me feel safe in my home. Although I haven't purchased yet I am pretty sure I am going to do so. I gave them 5+ stars for their customer service. Way to go !!!! Thanks Mike !!!! - A Happy customer named Bill

William:

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Mike.

Customer Protection

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Excellent customer service provider. Great solutions provider. He never stop until find me the best solution possible. I’m great full of my selection of Protect America between others competitors; the only and unique downside or complain that I want to bring up is the slow and consuming time when I have to call for help and customer services support. More than an hour. Ridiculous.

Hello Eduardo:

Thank you for your feedback. While we do have peak hours of operation where some customers may have to wait longer than normal, we to find this unsatisfactory and are working to improve our service delivery. During those peak times, we have a few options for our customers which include leaving their phone number for a callback option without losing their place in queue or using our chat service or by going to www.myprotectamerica.com for assistance.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I was shopping around for a cheaper option and planning to switch to SimpliSafe. I spoke to Tiffany and she educated me on why Protect America was better then gave me an deal that I could not turn down. She was very helpful and I appreciated her customer service. Other than that the only thing I wish Protect America can improve on is getting someone on the line when a customer calls in. It was rather hard when I called in I had to go through a lot of automated messages and selecting options then the wait time was also very long.

Protect America response

Hi Tommy, Thank you for your feedback. Although we strive to handle each customer with special care and consideration, we do experience high call volumes during peak times. If there is any way we can improve your experience as a customer, please leave us a “Private Message” with the name and address associated with your account. Once we verify you as a customer, one of our team members will reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Wilfred really went extra miles to try to win my heart back. We have been a long term customer, as usual, we called for customer service for issues, but I didn't get the treatment I expected but "you are on your own" kinda feeling in the end. I decided to leave and just before I completely locked my heart from you, Wilfred called and he was able to work things out for me, and knowing that I am already on my way out, he had to do so much extra just to keep me. Wilfred is a keeper. Kudos to him!

Protect America response

Hi Karen, Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive customer experience and will make sure to pass along the kudos to Wilfred and his supervisor. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The woman we first spoke to had zero interest in helping us, suggesting we would have to wait 4 years before we could get a new system installed and it would cost $150.00 to have a customer service person come out. This, as we found out, was a total fabrication. The young man we spoke to was very understanding (he was a supervisor) his name is Joshua **. He took the time to work with us and understand what to do. The original sensor on the window frame no longer worked and I was unable to remove it. His suggestion was simple. Put the new sensor in a new place and we did. It works great and we are so grateful to him for the time and patience he showed to a customer who has been with you for 20 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: March 25, 2020

Benjamin F assisted me in replacing my main panel and my motion sensor, and then ran a complete test of my system. He was very professional and did an outstanding job leading me through the process. He demonstrated patience and was instrumental in assuring all of my sensors worked properly. I was extremely pleased with the whole process.

Ronnie:

We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding your experience and would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Benjamin.

Customer Protection

Original review: March 20, 2020

Martha was our representative. During our phone conversation we received excellent customer service! We are satisfied with the service received. Representative was professional, knowledgeable, courteous, took time to explain procedure and was patient, answered questions precisely for our understanding. After being inadvertently disconnected she immediately contacted us on cell phone until our phone return in work order. Very considerate of her.

Nathaniel:

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Martha.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Great experience speaking with Jackie. Told her we had been a customer for over 15 years with Protect America. We left Protect America because we needed an outside camera. She told me Protect America offered a outside camera now. I was thrilled. Jackie explained the package and I was sold. We have been with ADT for over three years and we are happy to be back with Protect America. I would definitely recommend Protect America.

Protect America response

Hi Sheryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing to be a part of Protect America’s family. We’re happy to hear about your positive experience. Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Called about bill, took 30+min to speak to rep. Explained I have Lupus & wanted to cancel. I am with my family so they can help me. Rep said he can’t do it & transfer me to someone. The call wait time is SAD??!! Help me PLEASE with my situation!

Protect America response

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns and would like to apologize for your recent experience. While we do have peak hours of operation where some customers may have to wait longer than normal. we to find this unsatisfactory and are working to improve our service delivery. During those peak times, we have a few options for our customers which include leaving their phone number for a callback option without losing their place in queue or using our chat service or by going to www.myprotectamerica.com for assistance. Our records show that we've had the opportunity to speak with you and addressed your concerns.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I truly had the best customer service experience with David. I called in to update my information and test my system. He was professional, courteous and really did a great job in taking care of me. Everything was explained and my order was processed promptly as I needed to update my control panel. It is refreshing to see a company hire people who are truly customer oriented. This is how you retain customers. There may be cheaper options but customer service experience will keep me with your organization. Thanks.

Ahmet,

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for being a valued customer of the Protect America family.

Protect America Company Information