Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Visit Website

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Video
Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect America has some of the most affordable home security packages on the market. Although their cancellation process could be better, setup is easy and reviews mention excellent customer service.

PROS

• Economically priced basic system
  • Simple DIY installation
  • Low price guarantee

CONS

• Inconvenient cancellation process

Top Protect America Reviews

I've been a customer of Protect America for years and recently upgraded my system thru the online Chat. Great customer service! I have had a couple accidental activation over the years, too, and they respond very promptly. I'm confident that they'll be there if there's a real emergency.

The customer service was so easy to get real-time support, promptly, while lounging on my couch. I accessed the real-time support from an iOS app that I downloaded. The interface of the app is so simple to use - very intuitive. No documentation needed. Simple and effective.

How does Protect America work?

Protect America offers simple, affordable home security systems with a straightforward DIY setup that takes less than an hour to complete. Using Protect America’s automation features, you can control settings throughout your home, like heating and cooling, lights, and powered window blinds. You don’t have to pay for equipment from Protect America, just the monthly monitoring fee.

Each Protect America home security system comes with free use of the Protect America app: SMART Connect. The app can arm and disarm the system, turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors and stream video from security cameras.

Protect America cost

Protect America offers a low price guarantee, which is not at all common among home security companies. The cost for their Copper plan is already one of the lowest you will find anywhere for a good home security system. Protect America does not charge customers for the cost of equipment, just a monthly monitoring rate, which is another rarity.

PlanMonthly cost
Copper$19.99
Silver$37.99
Platinum$42.99

Protect America plans and packages

Protect America offers three plans: Copper, Silver and Platinum. The Platinum package costs slightly more than the Silver plan, but provides 5 additional sensors. The Copper plan is likely best for those with smaller homes who don’t need tons of equipment. Every package with a Protect America yard sign and decals. See what comes with each package below:

Copper planSilver planPlatinum plan
Copper plan3
Silver plan9
Platinum plan14

Protect America equipment

Once you’ve chosen your Protect America plan, you can purchase additional equipment to bolster your home’s security; such as, the Simon XTI control panel — a powerful device that can monitor and control up to 40 devices. You can also add the August Smart Lock Pro that allows you to unlock and lock doors, and the Linear Garage Door Controller controls your garage door remotely. With Z-Wave technology, you can manage all of these things plus your home's lighting under one network. Protect America’s system can also integrate with the Amazon Echo. Additional equipment from Protect America includes:

• Door and window sensors
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Wireless cameras
  • Keypad locks

Protect America FAQ

How to cancel Protect America?
As with most companies, Protect America cancellation is a bit of a process. You need to send a written letter to Protect America 60 days before you want to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days of beginning the contract, you won’t have to pay anything except for a $19.95 activation charge.
What do reviews say about Protect America customer service?
Protect America security reviews speak highly of the company’s customer service and mention quick technical help with friendly representatives. Protect America reviews in general rate the company well.

Is Protect America a good security system?

We give high marks to Protect America’s home security system. Their already low costs are bolstered by their price match guarantee. We also love their easy DIY setup. If you’re looking for an affordable security system with home automation features, Protect America is a great choice.

Protect America Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Wilfred really went extra miles to try to win my heart back. We have been a long term customer, as usual, we called for customer service for issues, but I didn't get the treatment I expected but "you are on your own" kinda feeling in the end. I decided to leave and just before I completely locked my heart from you, Wilfred called and he was able to work things out for me, and knowing that I am already on my way out, he had to do so much extra just to keep me. Wilfred is a keeper. Kudos to him!

Protect America response

Hi Karen, Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive customer experience and will make sure to pass along the kudos to Wilfred and his supervisor. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, Mr. Benjamin ** spent countless minutes helping my husband Brian ** troubleshoot the new and updated products from Protect America. We have been a customer of Protect America for 10 years. The time, energy, effort and support from Mr. Benjamin exemplify true leadership and patience. My husband is very, very technical and detailed, so I know what he was working with. I commend him for his honesty and drive to find an answer when he didn’t know them. Please take the time to acknowledge Mr. Benjamin **. for his sincere dedication in helping and listening to the customer. Suggestions: A paid day off, promotion, gift cards all sounds appropriate in keeping "Great Help".

With sincere regards,

Mrs. Kim

Kim:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for being a valued customer of Protect America. We will definitely pass this on to Benjamin's leaders.

Customer Protection

Original review: April 9, 2019

You should be so lucky to be connected to a Customer Care Representative who's name is Brandt. I have just established a contract with Protect America. I'm very happy with my service. I live alone and have had some break ins. I didn't understand one procedure (something I was doing wrong) and Customer Care Brandt couldn't have been any kinder in explaining it to me. He took time to talk about products I was interested in and explained in detail how it worked and if it would be beneficial to my needs. He is a valuable employee who really likes his job. After our conversation, I was in a great mood and I felt I got the best education in this companies products and services. He really represented your company in the most excellent way. Thanks Protect America!

Original review: March 29, 2019

The woman we first spoke to had zero interest in helping us, suggesting we would have to wait 4 years before we could get a new system installed and it would cost $150.00 to have a customer service person come out. This, as we found out, was a total fabrication. The young man we spoke to was very understanding (he was a supervisor) his name is Joshua **. He took the time to work with us and understand what to do. The original sensor on the window frame no longer worked and I was unable to remove it. His suggestion was simple. Put the new sensor in a new place and we did. It works great and we are so grateful to him for the time and patience he showed to a customer who has been with you for 20 years.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I called the same 800# I have used for 10 yrs and was told they showed my address and account, but no longer carried my acct as active. I was given a different # to 'Central Station' by the first operator, Central Sta. confirmed she had my account and it was active. I was ANGRY you changed the 800# on me and I did not know. I tried your regular 800 951-5111 - message - option 4 then another message - option 6 - sat on hold forever listening to advertisements for Protect America upgrades and got more frustrated...

Went to your website, more angry than I can say, and opted to use Chat. Was helped by Neal. Very long conversation but he helped me calm down, helped me recover my PW to my phone App and also I updated my phone book with your current numbers. Neal is OK, never let my anger get to him and he was knowledgeable and took care of me. BUT UNDERSTAND THAT IF A REAL ALARM HAD BEEN GOING ON AND I CALLED THE OLD NUMBER THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED ME AWAY. That stinks!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Amanda was very courteous and helpful in every way. I will be sure to pass this along to my friends and recommend your company to any that are interested in a security system. I look forward to having a long and pleasant relationship with your company.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

In a word “Professional Employee”!! After having ADT for over 6 years and having problems for the last 6 months AND a horrible experience with “Customer no service” I decided to break ranks and look for options (including installing hardware myself????) Your Company provided a Balance I didn’t know existed. The sales and operations (Bart) were excellent. I do believe that finding the difference your company provides will grow Protect America to #1 in this industry. Good luck (your Team proved to be Wonderfully different).

Respectfully,
    John **

Presently Statarius.com Operations

John:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for joining the Protect America family.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

When I moved and no longer needed their service I was bound by a contract for 6 months until it’s ended. I have paid each month and now that my contract is complete Protect America will not cancel my contract until I sign paperwork and will continue to bill me. This is not how a customer of 3 years should be treated. I do not understand why they make it so difficult to just stop billing me for services I am no longer using. I would not recommend this company for any services and as a veteran I will not let my fellow veterans go through this headache as we have other issues that we deal with every day. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. It appears we've had a couple of conversations with you and explained the cancellation process which requires a 30 day written notice. We also informed you that a cancellation email would be sent and that you would need to e-sign the cancellation link in order to complete process. When the acknowledgement link is signed, the account is automatically setup to cancel thirty (30) days from that point. The Agreement that you signed also outlines the 30-day requirement.
    You will receive your cancellation link at onefonseca@yahoo.com within 24 to 48 hours and as a courtesy to you we are waiving the final balance.
    Please feel free to contact us at 800-951-5111 with any additional questions or concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

The purchase was smooth and at a great price. We setup the system and called to complete the activation process and spend over an hour and a half on hold waiting to talk to someone to finish the setup. Yes there is an online chat feature but when purchased they said someone would talk us through the setup. This is ridiculous. If I wasn’t locked into a contract I would cancel. So beware. This is how they get you, once you’ve signed the contract it is very difficult to reach a human on the phone.

Dear April:

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.It appears you have been a valued customer since 12/31/13 and decided to renew with us on 12/31/19. Thank you for your continued service and remaining a valued customer. Although there are times we have peak hours where the call volume is high, we do offer the chat service, the option to leave a callback number for us to return your call or text us to request a callback.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Will never go with this company again. The cancellation process costed me over $100 just to end service with them. Had them for four years and didn’t use the system at all. Asked them to waive the fees after being a customer for years and they refused. You have to sign a form to cancel and pay a last month fee. Absolutely will never be a customer again.

Dear Myiesha:

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns Our records show that your final payment of $102.69 was not to end service with us; but it was for a 3 month past due balance. Although you chose not to use your Protect America system, the service was made available to you. It appears that you have signed the cancellation link and as a courtesy to you we have waived the final month.

Protect America Company Information