toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect America

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your comments Andreia! We are ecstatic to know that you are so pleased with the equipment and our services! We look forward to protecting your home and family for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 27, 2016

PROTECT AMERICA provides cellular monitoring equipment free of charge, provides refreshing professional and courteous customer service. At the end of the obligation contract period, a month-to-month service is provided for your convenience. We were miserable with our former security company (Central Security Group, Inc.) with equipment that didn't work, paying for service that wasn't provided, horrible customer service... We are extremely pleased to be a part of PROTECT AMERICA! They have restored our faith that companies can have excellent work ethics, serving their customers respectfully with a high level of professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 14, 2016

Courtney with Protect America has taken the time to contact me multiple times to resolve our situation. There was initially a misunderstanding in timelines of our contract. Protect America (Courtney) has gone above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied customers. We greatly appreciate her help in understanding our contract and gladly recommend this company for home security needs. It is not often that a company moves mountains to solve an issue with their customers. Protect America has provided unsurpassed customer service with the help of Courtney.

Jayme,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very concerned to hear about your experience! It is critical to us to reconnect and review the details of your account together. We would like to ensure that all parties clearly understand the details and timeline of the life of your account. We were unable to reach you at both of your contact numbers today. Please email us at WeCare@protectamerica.com to set up the best time to speak over the phone. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Customer Advocate Team

Update: We are so glad to have been able to create a positive resolution! It's been a pleasure working with you! Although we hate to see you go, we are glad to have fully resolved the closing of your account.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Attempt #3 to resolve - last attempt: We called over a year ago to cancel our services since we removed all related equipment and no longer used Protect America services. We were told that we couldn’t cancel due to our ORIGINAL contract until 6/1/2016. Believing this information to be true we continued paying for the services monthly. During this conversation in 2015 I asked that the account NOT be renewed once the contract ended. During this conversation I was promised the contract would not renew and that nothing further was needed from me to ensure that renewal would not take place. This morning (7/5/2016) another month was charged.

Livid about the new charge, I called and was placed on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes. Courtney, the cancellation department manager, picked up my call and stated that we could have cancelled the contract in 2015 but it was automatically placed into a one-year renewal. Courtney stated that a 30-day written notice must be received to cancel. I immediately sent her an email as the written notice and confirmed receipt of notice while still on the phone with her. She stated that we could not be refunded the payment that was just deducted but that she would make certain the August payment does not come out of our account. Courtney was polite and professional about our situation but stated that she could not backdate any prior service charges. I appreciated her candor and assistance but realized her hands were tied with any further assistance due to protocol.

During the conversation with Courtney, I learned that in prior conversations with Protect America representatives I should have been informed of the 30-day written notice and that I was under a new contract every year. I was not informed of these things when I called in over a year ago. What I was told was that my ORIGINAL agreement from 2012 still had a balance and that I would have to pay a large upfront sum or carry out the monthly payments until the contract ended, which I was informed would not end until 6/1/2016. These actions have resulted in misrepresentation with intent to carry on services which are not desired or utilized. Extending a contract without consent while having knowledge of the wish to cancel, along with misrepresenting the terms is fraud.

$50.99 x 13 months = $662.87 is to be promptly refunded to our account. Under Consumer Protection Laws: “A buyer has a legal right cancel a contract if his or her consent to it was obtained by the seller's fraud or other material misrepresentation (Civ. Code § 1689.6).” “Court has power to refuse to enforce. A court has the power to refuse to enforce a contract or a clause in a contract that is unconscionable when made (Civ. Code § 1670.5(a)).”

Protect America

Wow! We take pride in our Customer Service and are ecstatic to know that Taylor is the perfect reflection of that! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it is great to have you part of the Protect America family! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 21, 2016

You should compare all of your Reps to Taylor **. I have been with PA for about 8 years and have spoken to many people over the years. I can say Taylor ** is the best you have by far. She is the best rep I have ever worked with including managers (not sure if she is a manager but she should be). I have been out of contract for years and because of her you now have me locked in for 3 years. Not only is she knowledgeable and friendly she does what she says. She makes herself available and made me feel as if I was your only customers. I was a district manager for 20+ years and I would have done anything to have someone of her professionalism, she far exceeded my expectations. You should use her as your hiring model for all your future onboarding. Please thank her from me for her outstanding service!!

Matt and Kevin are remarkable. If the rest of your sales team and installation team mirror these two, Protect America wouldn't have any competition. My son and I were intimidated with the installation process but thanks to Kevin **, my son and I are both standing a bit taller.

Switched from ADT to Protect America. They were great the first few months then something changed. Customer service totally went away. Constant issues with app not arming or reporting. Cameras not working. I've literally called them over 15 times in a year about system issues. Of course I made a huge mistake and have a contact that offers no short rate. Take my advice. Do not get their service. It is not reliable and customer service is non-existent especially in an alarm event. Today alarm going off for 4 or 5 mins. No notification... No call from monitor service. Called Customer service and still haven't heard from them yet. That was an hour ago.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Agent assisted in correctly setting up the new panel and changing a few sensor settings. Sensors were initially set for no delay and would set alarm off when trying to leave the property. Sensors were reset, alarm system is now up and working.

The sales agent is very caring and knowledgeable. Protect America's pricing was very competitive. For a few bucks a month it gives you a peace of mind. The cost of equipment was minimal. I personally liked the dyi aspect. I can't wait to see my homeowners rate drop.

Resolution In Progress

Protect America

We are very sorry to hear of your father's recent experience with PAI. We are working to reach a resolution for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Customer Protection

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Very disturbed with sales and customer service staff in misleading a 86 yr old man, my father, in security protection device. He was unaware of the monthly cost and 36 month term. No contract agreement received at time of deceitful sale by representative. Not to mentioned installation on sensors with windows done improperly and unfinished. Do not want! Did not want! Remove and end this service. The Better Business Bureau will be contacted.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. If you ever have a job loss or any kind of emergency, they refuse to let you out of the contract. Equipment is faulty, it's just an experience that has put me on the bad side of security companies altogether. Never, ever agree to a long term commitment with this company. They dog you to death for payments as well, calling at your work 5 to 6 times a day.

Very friendly and very nice, most people selling items try to get you to buy everything. Here I felt comfortable with the rep. Will continue to do business and will recommend this company. Why do I have to type more words - I like you guys but now I'm annoyed. Please fix this.

I signed up for their service several years ago. I rarely used it, but still paid for my service. When I was ready to move out of the home I occupied related to the system (due to divorce), I asked them to cancel my account. I wasn't using it and could not transfer it. They absolutely REFUSED to cancel my account and told me to transfer it to someone else - ANYONE ELSE. They didn't want to lose the money! I never saw a three-year contract and the customer service person I spoke with did not want to work with me at all or furnish me a copy of said contract when I requested it. Extremely RUDE and tried using strong-arm tactics with me while continuously harassing me with phone calls. Fast forward to a couple months ago, they called again after not hearing from them for a couple years.

The person who called me (I didn't get his name) was, again, using strong-arm tactics and was very rude and disrespectful. The most unprofessional company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I now see they have sent my account to collections after all these years for an account THEY refused to cancel. Not only am I disputing this with the credit agencies, but I will be contacting an attorney. From other reviews, I see I'm not the only one experiencing a horrific experience with this company. BUYER BEWARE - STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

The site operator Dana helped me out with today's install. I am usually rather tech savvy so it is weird for me to have help with things like this. Getting help through chat is always rather difficult. Thank you for being the first chat assistant that was rather clear and was able to alleviate any problems I had promptly and briskly.

I compared Protect America with a competitor and had Louis as my sales rep. He was patient, thorough, and very helpful. I took a long time to decide on a system and would put off conversations but he continued to follow up when I asked him to and always answered my questions with no problem. He gave good advice and is a great start to my experience with the company. Hope it stays that way!

My experience with the product and customer service has been all positive. The product is easy to use, but effective. I feel much safer with the product in my home. Anytime that I have contacted customer service, the representative has been helpful and courteous.

So I've only been a member for less-than-24-hours, but here's my experience so far: Your customer service so far has been awesome. Considering I left CPI for you guys mainly for better customer service, this has been awesome, so thank you for that. The one complaint I have so far is that the website and the app for controlling my home remotely is pretty dated. I'd love to see updates to those to have a more modern-looking UI and to be able to utilize things like Touch ID as my password on my iPhone's app.

Predatory company. Avoid it. I signed up for this service 3 years ago and I was moving and wanted to cancel after 2.5 years of service. They wouldn't let me cancel stating that I got entered into a 3-year contract. I was never told about a contract when signing up. I had to pay additional 6 months of fee though I'm not using their services. After 3 years, I cannot reach their cancellation department and I'm kept online for hours and my card keeps getting charged. They pick up your calls very quickly and chase you until you get their service but cannot get hold of them to cancel.

Tina,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience! We would like to have the opportunity to review the details and interactions on the account to ensure this has been resolved. Please contact us at WeCare@protectamerica.com and we will be happy to schedule an appointment to have one of our Agents reach out to you. Thank you for your time and we hope to speak with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

RUN RUN VERY FAST!!! After several false alarms and having to pay fines, I tried to get them to cancel my account - they absolutely refused until I made it through the full three year contract term. Now that the term has ended (and I literally gave them hundred and hundreds of dollars for nothing) they REFUSE to cancel/close my account. I am getting an attorney. It is THAT bad!!! Bad service, bad product and illegal practices!!!

Stephen,

It's great to hear that the wireless setup was that easy and that the system provides peace of mind! Thank you so much for your feedback. Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

When I was out of town for work, my wife had heard some noises then said we need a security system. I looked online at the different services available and Protect America had a good price point. We only needed a basic package including security doors and windows. It's there to make my wife happy and their system was a good fit. My interaction with the sales rep was quite fast to the point that we got things done quickly. I did the installation myself which is different but over the phone, it was easy to walk through with someone to get everything configured.

James,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are excited to hear that you've had a streamlined installation experience! Thank you for allowing us to continue to provide you peace of mind each and every day! Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I moved to a new house and I needed a security system. I happened to call Protect America. I talked to a guy who sounded convincing and we made a comparison with others. I decided to get Protect America's home security. The sales rep was pretty nice, knowledgeable and he knew what he was talking about. I installed the system myself and the rep who supported me during installation was friendly and very helpful too. We interacted via cellphone, sending pictures back and forth. The experience was smooth.

Rishi,

We're so glad to see that your system is making you feel safer and that you are enjoying those interactive features! We appreciate your feedback Jay, have an awesome day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I’ve never owned a home security before but after we moved to Atlanta, we decided to have it because all the houses around us have it. The guy I spoke with from Protect America was extremely helpful and he went the extra mile for me. I did the installation myself with somebody helping me on the phone. Everything was excellent and I get emails from time to time saying that they want to make sure everything’s working fine.

James,

We are pleased to hear that Anthony provided you with such professional and courteous service! We aim to provide you with exactly what you deserve each and every time! Thank you for choosing Protect America to protect your home and family. Have an awesome day!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Spoke with Anthony today who provided professional, courteous service. He not only helped with my billing issue, he took the time to ensure that my system was up to date and left me with an overall good feeling about continuing service with Protect America.

Jeannine,

We are so glad to hear that you have had a great experience with us so far and that your husband had an easy installation! It is also great to know that the system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thank you for leaving your feedback and for choosing Protect America! Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I had heard about some break-ins in our town and it felt like I’d sleep better at night knowing that I had security from Protect America as I read good reviews about them. We've been using them for six months and everyone’s been very professional. My husband installed the device and it was easy. I’ve been very happy with my experience with them.

Bret,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with us! We are constantly updating our website and interactive features to provide the best customer experience. We definitely appreciate hearing from our customers as it helps us grow as a company!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I have two small children so I decided to install a security system. I got Protect America's basic package with just the alarm for entry. I called the sales rep the day I got the package in the mail. They didn’t have a problem helping me out and did a good job of walking me through on how to set it up. However, their website is not as user friendly as I thought it would be. I wanted to switch my auto pay from my credit card to my personal checking account and there was no way for me to do that online. I had to call someone on how to get it done right.

Sonya,

We appreciate you sharing your experience and we are glad that our Support Team was able to help getting you up and running! Thank you for choosing Protect America, have an awesome day!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I had a different service in another state and Protect America's service was better. I had been with them for six months. The sales rep was very thorough. I installed the system myself but she walked me through it. I got everything that the sales rep said and at the price that she said so I was happy about that. It was a fast service. I called when I got the first chance and they were able to help me right away and then I had one issue that was probably my error that they explained.

Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Easy setup and great Customer service is what we always look to provide and we're happy that you're getting just that!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I bought a new house and the alarm system that was already installed was way too expensive and crappy so I googled around to try to find what then was more affordable and a bit more personal. Protect America's price was really affordable and the person who I talked to was really, really great and helped me set everything up. He walked me through everything and was super helpful. It was a good experience.

Ryan,

We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you with the best equipment for your home! Our Sales Agents are awesome at providing the best service you need! Thank you so much for choosing Protect America and for allowing us to protect your home. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I was doing some research online for some top-rated companies at a price I could afford and found Protect America. They offered great services for the price we were looking to spend. The sales rep was informative and told me what I wanted to know. He convinced me that Protect America was the one to go with. I got their home security system because we just moved from Missouri and I travel a whole lot now for my job. I wanted to make sure that my wife feels secure. We live in a pretty safe neighborhood but I wanted a little extra peace of mind. I installed the system myself with their help over the phone, and everything's been pretty easy and user-friendly, and no hassle.

Sheila,

We definitely understand that the installation can be a little intimidating but are glad that it all worked out. We are also excited to hear that you enjoy value of your security system! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments! Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I first heard about Protect America through my insurance agent, since my insurance company required me to have a security system if I wanted to keep my insurance. I’ve been with the insurance company for several years but I live in the mountains where there are a lot of dead trees, so the fire alarm with a monitoring service was one of their safety measures. In case of fire and I'm not home, they will call the fire department for me. But I got the program that included the burglary system, just in case. Protect America's sales rep walked me through everything. It was very informative. He said, “This is what you’re going to get. You’re gonna get all of the pieces of the monitoring equipment,” which would tell me if somebody opened a door. He then said, “I’ll mail it to you. When you get it, call me and we’ll talk about how to set it up.”

My package came with five devices in addition to the monitoring system itself. I installed the system and he told me exactly what to do. They had the information on my home from my insurance agent, so they told me where I needed to place the pieces of equipment so that when I open the front door it would notify me if somebody has come in. Also, he told me it needs to be where I think people might break in. We did all of that and saw everything working. However, I was only dissatisfied with the fact that I had to install it myself. But their service was fine and I can get more of the devices if I want to because I have a two-storey and I already put some of the devices downstairs.

Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for allowing us to continue to protect your business. Have an awesome day!

Customer Advocate team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

We have a business and our next door neighbor there had to file a trespassing charge. We wanted to get the business protected. We Googled companies and looked at prices. After reading several good reviews and seeing that their price is fair, we decided to go get a security system from Protect America. Everything was done very quickly and efficiently. We installed the system ourselves. We haven't really needed it but it has given us the security we needed especially in the aftermath of that trespassing situation. I feel better about things there.

Lorraine,

We appreciate your recommendation! It is always great to know that our Agents are providing the service you deserve. Thank you for leaving your feedback! Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I got Protect America's security system. We looked at everything and they seemed to be more of what we were looking for, and their reps were very helpful. It has been a good experience and I've recommended them to people.

Malcolm,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are proud to protect you and your family! Thank you for allowing us to continue to provide you peace of mind each and every day!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I was spending a lot of time out of town and I wanted peace of mind when my daughter stays home by herself. I called a lot of places but Protect America's customer service was good. I got the security system which I easily installed myself.

Protect America Company Profile