Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2570 Protect America Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I was very impressed by the attentive professional approach of this young man. He sure made me feel like I want to continue to be your loyal customer for another 10 years. Nikko went above and beyond to satisfy and assist my requests. Thank you!

Hi Marisela,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that Nickko was able to assist you with your account. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

They left me on hold for more than one hour. I went online to use chatting, just another wasting of time. They keep asking question to verify your account and what you need. Then they will keep say, "Sorry we can't help you with that you have to call". Now I'm on another hold for another hour or 2. I'm not sure. Typing my bad experience.

Protect America response

Hello Rose- Can you please send a private response providing your phone number? I'll have a representative reach out to you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I used the online chat for assistance changing my debit card, I didn't want to talk on the phone, and we were able to handle all of my business over the the chat system instead of having to speak with someone. Very fast and helpful.

Protect America response

Hey Carlos- We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with using PA's chat service!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was able to change de CC, but the service person took too long. It seems to me that he/she was taking care of more than one customer at a time, doing this simple change took me more than 15-20 minutes. If I had known I will have called rather than use the live chat.

Protect America response

Hey Rafael - Thank you for your feedback. We totally understand where you're coming from. Nobody likes to wait to complete a simple task. For future reference, please contact our support team via phone. Thank you again for your feedback.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2019

I signed up for a three-year contract to ensure my monthly rate did not go up. It has been the most frustrating three years ever! I had to install it myself. Nine times out of 10, when I tried to access to arm/disarm from my phone, the system would be offline. There were countless times wherein I set the alarm at night for safety, received the email confirmation it was armed, and when I got up the next morning it was disarmed and no email confirmation reflecting that. Unless you have an alarm going off, you can NEVER get ahold of a live person without sitting on terminal hold. The live chat is useless because they refer you to the 800 number wherein once again, you have to sit on terminal hold. It was like pulling teeth and took me almost 2 months to officially cancel my contract recently. Between sitting on hold and then needing to be transferred to a different department and sitting on hold again, it literally took 3 weeks to get the cancellation process going.

Protect America response

Hey Katherine - Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the limited installation required to set up your system may be difficult. However, this is part of the Do-It-Yourself element of any DIY system. Furthermore, we also understand that there can be issues with arming/disarming your system. Have you had a chance to speak with a member of our customer care/support team yet? If not, please contact them at 1-800-951-5111. You can also contact our support team via chat at https://www.myprotectamerica.com/chat/. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to working through these issues with you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: July 27, 2019

Brittany did a great job helping me out. I had several devices I needed to either register or add and then test including helping me to troubleshoot my motion detector which didn’t seem to be working properly. She was very patient and sent me all the pertinent and corresponding instructions I needed. My motion detector now works and we set up a second key fob remote as well! Thank you so much Brittany!! :)

Protect America response

Hey Sally - We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Brittany!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I've had Protect America for three years and pay $59.99 automatically. I've been trying to call them for over a month to cancel my account. I'm always on hold and have held for hours. I tried emailing them. You can't cancel through chat, you can't cancel through "Account Management" on their website. There is no fax number either. You can reach the sales department immediately. If you want to cancel, they simply leave you in hold.

Protect America response

Hey Marni - Thank you for your feedback. Could you please reply via 'private response' with the best phone number at which to reach you? A member of our customer care team will then reach out to you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Devin ** was very knowledgeable, honest, patient, and persistent. He could probably sell water to the sea. Patient truly being the operative word. He literally talked a millennial out of a 10 year commitment she had with ADT considering I am a very loyal customer. But Devin made me think about security more logically than on the mere lenses of loyalty alone. I hope ProtectAmerica is as great as Devin was in obtaining my business. This is a win win - what I like about this deal - no upfront cost and monthly bill cut by 15%. Thank you!

Protect America response

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Aly was well informed, patient, answered all my questions or got the answer quickly and thoroughly. I've managed a technical support "back in the day" and would have liked to have Aly on our team. Only problem seems to be a "slow" system. Aly was working on that. Had a problem keeping up with us. She had to keep telling me she was actually still there. Upgrade her system today.

Thank you, Pete!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Neal helped me update of debit card on file. I could not find where to do that on your site. I had already paid my balance due by other means. Sorry that’s all I can say on this matter. I did not have any other problems. Thank you!

Protect America response

Glad to hear we could help!

Protect America Company Information