Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5
Visit Website

Founded in 1992, Protect America has provided award-winning, 24/7 monitoring and protection to over half a million American families for over 25 years.

With a renewed focus on Connected Home Security, we pride ourselves on intersecting home security and home automation to meet all your home protection needs. We have recently integrated with Alexa and expanded our state-of-the-art camera suite in addition to offering a price-match guarantee, locked-in rates, and no installation fees.

Contact us today to get $1,400 in free equipment and start protecting your loved ones.

Protect America Video
Protect America Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

Protect America Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Deanna, Was an excellent professional and patient representative for the company. I appreciated and enjoyed her assistance. She made my experience easy and informative. I would have no problem recommending her to help a family member getting connected to the system. Thank you for your help.

Protect America response

Hi Craig, Thank you for the review! We’re happy to hear about your positive experience with our Care team. Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Great customer service. I rate this company as # 1. The customer service representative Michael ** is professional, knowledgeable, polite and answered all of my questions. An additional manager came on the phone and asked if I had additional questions and that was great because it made me feel that I was comfortable about having made the decision of selecting this company for my security service for my home.

Protect America response

Hi Thelma, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re happy to hear about your positive experience with our team. Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

The service is inexpensive but unreliable. The customer is responsible for testing the system monthly but the testing does not always work. The door and window monitors are cheap and periodically set off a false alarm and they don't always recognize that a door has been opened. There is no way to see any billing on their website so the customer has to request that it be sent to them. Also, the company doesn't communicate with their consumers and their customer service is terrible. Don't waste your money.

Protect America response

Hi James, Thank you for reaching out to us. To better improve your experience as a customer and to assist with your equipment and billing, please respond via private message with name and address associated with the account. A member of our Care team will reach out to you once we verify you as a customer.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

1.0 star rating. A moment ago. I tried 3 different times to cancel once my contract was up and Protect America makes it near impossible!!! I paid for the last month and canceled and yet they still send me bills with late fees! When I called them I was on hold for an hour and the next time I tried, they put me on hold for 45 min!!! Plus the alarm sensors kept falling off my windows and door frame so it didn't even work the 3 years I paid for the dumb system!!

Hi Kaci,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. It appears we've had the opportunity to speak with you and explained that per your agreement we require a 30 day written notice to cancel service. While your account was eligible for cancellation on 10/26/19, we received your written cancel letter on 11/1/19, therefore November and December's payments are valid.

As a courtesy to you, we will clear the month of December with 1 payment remaining.

Please feel free to contact us at 800-951-5111 with any additional concerns.

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I had a great experience with changing our system. Calvin was very professional And kind and took care of all of our needs. Great customer service. We were on the phone for over an hour and he made the process smoother and positive.

Protect America response

Hi Amy, Thank you for the positive feedback! We’re happy to hear our team was able to provide you with assistance. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect America?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I am an 84 year old disabled veteran. I Ordered, heard negatives from friend, I quickly cancelled (within a few hours,) I phoned twice but never got to a live person. Sometime later a carrier came to door and I refused delivery at the door and carrier took equipment. I never had the equipment and therefore Protect America never provided equipment or service (monitoring). A manager some hours later phoned me and asked what was wrong. I said I had cancelled within hours and had refused delivery. He said OKAY and sorry to lose a customer. I ignored their constant calls. They never-the-less, charged me over $500. at $43. a month and I have been unable to cancel but my bank fortunately suspended payment and am currently trying to get my money back as of 12/14/2019.

Dear Mr. Wright:

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. I have been placed in charge of overseeing your account until a resolution is met. I've attempted to contact you using the numbers that we have on file and have been unsuccessful.
I have reviewed your account and the calls regarding your request to cancel. and contacted management to quickly resolve.

Please allow me 3 business days to follow up with you.

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

During a conversation with Protect America was asked if I would like a smoke detector, was told it would require another two year contract. I explained we were selling our home and would not need a two year contract. They assured me I could just leave the system for the new owner, as long as they had the pass code it would be fine. I left the system and the information required. The new owners did not utilize the system so I was left with a two year contract that I did not need living in an apartment. They insisted I was still liable for the contract even though I no longer used their service. I am still paying off the contract to keep them from turning me in to credit bureau. I was not dealt with in good faith. I had informed them exactly what I had in mind but do not feel I was treated fairly.

Dear Mr. Guilliams:

It has been a pleasure working with you and we would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to reach an amicable resolution.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns you may have.

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I strongly recommend Protect America if there is an emergency. They are truly the best and I am confident in their ability to monitor my home and ensure my security. I like the fact that my monthly price does not increase. I have been a customer for seven years. What I find most frustrating is the lengthy wait time to speak to a customer service rep. I have "pushed 1 to leave my call back number two times this past week...to hold my place on the queue" only to NEVER get a call back. I'm still waiting and it's been over three hours.

Dear Diane:

We greatly appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to become better for you and other customers. There are times that we have peak hours and the call volume is higher than others. We would like to inform you that you are also able to contact us by going to www.myprotectamerica.com and choosing the "chat" option. At this time it appears that we've spoke with you and addressed your concerns.

Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Customer Protection

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Updated on 12/10/2019: Disconnecting the service should be easier and not the ordeal it is. Instead of having staff swiftly responding online reviews, move them to the "disconnection department". Postponing termination of services in order to keep collecting customer's money is working for you so far, but in a competitive market economy, it won't work forever. It's been a pain doing business with you.

I just attempted to pay my due amount - I tried to get a lawyer to deal with Protect America but is more expensive than just paying the balance of 3 months (I requested disconnection in August but the "disconnection department" is never available and never calls back). My only solution was to deal directly with my Bank and after an investigation, it was determined I was correct (I provided call back tickets they never responded, emails, chat transcripts). Just now, in December I found out that service is still not disconnected and more, I have a balance for these 3 months! Paid the balance and then I keep receiving emails about an account being created, e-signatures, a packet on its way.. this is a nightmare. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PROTECT AMERICA. Yes, is all beautiful and nice.. just wait the 3 year and decide to terminate service. They are leeches!

Original Review: After my 3 year contract was met, I tried for 4 months to stop the service. Always a different excuse as to why not. Every time I called, no staff was available in the department that managed disconnections. Contact cannot be cancelled by email or chat or phone call unless you speak with that department (and they are never available!). From day 0 it was a disaster. After 1 year of paying my part of agreement, I found out in my State the law requires I sign and send to the Police a filled form with information, so they can come if my alarm goes off. Well, I spent 1 year without being protected. Sensors fail constantly too.

After 2 months without having the service disconnected and them collecting the monthly payments, my only option was to get in contact with my Bank. They did an investigation (I provided dates of calls, chat transcripts and "call order #"), they concluded I was correct and gave me back the 2 months they collected illegally and I thought it all had a happy ending. I was wrong: 2 months later I was contacted again for an outstanding balance equivalent to 2 months of service and then a debt collector agency started calling me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They are borderline fraudulent!

Dear Karelia:

If you would like to contact us, you can do so by calling 1-800-951-5111 and selecting option 4, or by chatting with us online by going to www.protectamerica.com and clicking on our “Online Chat” feature. Thank you for your time.

Customer Protection

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Your help desk staff are very nice. Their soft skills are excellent. I think they are put in a bad situation because you have cancellation process needs a lot of work. It is crazy to have to wait 24 hours for a form that allows one to cancel. If the reason you do this is so people forget to cancel, the long term affects of this strategy may be doing more harm than good. Otherwise, tell Docusign to send out that signature form real-time. While we were irritated with your process, we had an good experience with Jacob who resolved our issue.

Protect America response

Hi David, We greatly appreciate your feedback. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our customer’s experience. We will pass your feedback along to our company leaders. If we can assist you in any other way, please let us know.

Protect America Company Information