ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

(Previously MONI)

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Customer service has been good, and the system interface is easy to understand and use. It was also easy and convenient to install because I didn’t have to set up an appointment. My only suggestion would be to offer a bracket of some sort to go with the door-mounted sensors because most homes have moldings around the doors. Some door moldings are a nice, even slope, and a lot of them are some fancy woodwork that you can’t mount it to. What I did was I took a piece of duct tape, rolled it up and set it in there so that I could mount the sensor.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Brinks was a Cyber Monday special, so I bought the system. The rep I dealt with was helpful. He came out the same day for the installation, which went good. The quality of the equipment, its functionality and performance are very good, too. I like the features in the system and they are easy to use. I like the doorbell camera, which is my favorite. I work 12-hour shifts at nighttime and I'm an hour away, and I like to see what is going on with my house at night. If somebody rings the doorbell when I am at work I can see what all is going on when I'm not home. Since having Brinks, my sense of security has been much better.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Brinks Home Security sent me all the sensors with the panel and a backup panel. It had a Verizon chip in it so I went through all the phone calls with Brinks to set it up and Verizon didn't get reception in our neighborhood. So I returned that panel and exchanged it for AT&T. I got the new panel, went through the whole setup again and this one also didn't have reception in our neighborhood. Brinks said that they didn't have any other phone network, it was just those two and so I returned it. I got the notification that they received everything and that I'm supposed to be getting a refund in three to five days, but I haven't gotten it yet. The communication with them was fine, but I wish they would have told me beforehand that they only have two options, because the reason I have T-Mobile in my neighborhood is because it's the only one that gets service. Had I known that, I wouldn't have had to go through all those hoops.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Brinks is less expensive than I was paying for ADT, and it is better. We did the installation ourselves and it was easy. The equipment has good quality and the features offered in our system are very good. We are satisfied.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jason, We are tremendously happy we can be your trusted home security provider. Here at Brinks we care about your satisfaction and want to ensure you’re getting the best quality with the best price. I am glad you like the system as our systems are very user friendly and have great features.Please know that we look forward to protecting you for many years to come and if there is anything you need please feel free to reach out –Juana H.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I was with a prior company and it wanted too much money to upgrade my system. So, I decided to go with a reputable company that has been in the business for years -- Brinks. The technician who came out was very knowledgeable. He helped me set up everything and he did all the hookup of the equipment. He explained everything, telling me how the system works, how to log on, and how to put the app on my phone so I could monitor my system on and off, even if I leave home. The installation, overall, went well. However, when the temperature drops, the camera doesn’t work. Also, it takes up all types of camera triggers all day to the point that I had to remove my email address and only have text messages coming through. It seems like it is also pickup up camera actions from even the street, so it is probably positioned a little too far out.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Eva, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it is always appreciated. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our priority. In reference to your cameras it sounds like it might need a sensitivity adjustment which we can gladly assist you over the phone. If you could please reach out to us we would be more than happy to assist. We look forward to providing you with a quality home security service. – Juana H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

There was something that happened where I was getting offered a superior package from ADT that didn't have the installation fee. I simply asked to get the price match for the installation fee to be withdrawn, and at that point, the lack of ability to do so was the breaking point. Brinks didn't note everything in, and before I opened up the package, I asked for that upgrade but they didn't do it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I was online and reading everything, and I decided to give Brinks a try. The guy who installed the security system gave us all the information that we needed but he left one that he was not able to do. He scheduled an appointment for somebody else to do it because of the place where we wanted the camera to be. So, they came in and installed it. It has been working well since. I'm happy with it right now and we're loving it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ann, We are filled with joy to hear you love the service. At Brinks Home our goal if for our customers to feel exactly the way you do. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us any more wonderful please let us know.- Juana H.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I needed something very simple for my business and Brinks was a cost-effective thing for me at only $29 a month. It is almost like a home one. There is literally two little stickers and then I put the motion sensor up in a major area and the other one at my backdoor. I plugged it in and my brother-in-law did the computer stuff as well as the initial stuff. It was easy. Brinks even called then to make sure to test all the zones and that was simple. I pay monthly and have paid one month so far, and the only thing I need to make sure is that I have receipts, especially now that I have a business. I might have just missed it, but I haven't seen them. I got the receipt for the initial money that I paid to set it up, but I did not see one for the $29.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Dorothy, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our priority. Our self-installed systems are the best as they are very user friendly. If there is anything, we can do to make this experience better, please feel free to reach out. Thank you for being sure sure and trusting us with your security. – Juana H.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I had a previous security system where its hardware stopped working properly. It wasn't replaced. The company didn't do anything about it. So, after several weeks, I changed to someone else. Brinks came out immediately, put a new equipment, and everything at this point has been fine. We had one problem though. The installation was done at a business, and the front door, which is aluminum with glass inset into them, is close to 50 years old, so it’s very slightly bowed out at the top for being opened 100,000 times. Brinks put the sensor deals at the top of the door but the magnets didn’t line up, and they couldn’t line it up. There was no physical way to line it up. The door was bowed away from it.

The security showed the front doors being opened constantly even when it’s locked. Brinks contacted me and said my front door was open all the time. We went through it and I asked them what do we do. They told me to get a double-sided tape and move the sensor down. If the bottom of the door worked properly, that should work. And that was the end of the issue. Brinks did a decent job. They came when I called them. The only problem was the installer perhaps being in a hurry was not paying attention that that particular sensor didn’t work. But we took care of it rather easily. I’m more than happy with the whole thing. It took an extra two minutes to look at the sensor and see it needed to be moved. I’m satisfied with them but like anybody else, the customer service should pay more attention to they're doing.

Brinks Home Security™ response

James, Oh no! We are sorry to hear of your installation! At Brinks Home your satisfaction is our main concern and we are glad that your system is now up and running. If there is anything, we can do to make this experience better, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. – Juana H.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We got the Brinks security system because a customer had referred us to them, and then we found out that we were not actually with Brinks. It's a third-party. Everything we do, anything we order has to go through this other company. We called Brinks customer service to get the outside siren, and the rep said that we were with a third-party. The system is okay, but the problem is that it’s low. Our customer doesn’t have an outdoor siren, but hers is loud. When the door is open, you can hear it throughout the house. We liked what she has when we saw it, but when we got our system, it's nothing like the system that she has. I’m really disappointed.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jhakailah, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information