(Previously MONI)

4.2/5 (908 ratings)

About Brinks Home Security™

Brinks Home offers a variety of home security and home automation equipment to keep your home safe and secure. The company has three plans, which each come with a 30-day trial period. Set up your Brinks Home package yourself or hire a professional to install it. Brinks Home systems include 24/7 professional monitoring and a two-year warranty.

Pros

• Affordable options
  • Product warranties
  • Simple setup
  • Compatible with smart home systems

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • No cameras in basic package

Bottom Line

Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at affordable rates. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like its straightforward pricing and additional equipment options.

Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: July 1, 2021

Awful company, they don’t show to their appointments for services without explanation. No call or anything. Even when they provide a time frame to provide services they say you have to be available the entire day. The manager is rude and disrespectful. Been paying for services not provided for 3 months and counting. Still waiting for a call back to reschedule unsuccessfully. If you try to cancel they threaten you with charging your card with over $1,000. I will never ever will use this company again. As soon as I can will stop businesses with them. Please don’t go through what I’m going through and try a different company. Very disappointed

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ingrid, we are sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was frustrating. We strive to provide you with an excellent customer experience, and appreciate you reaching out to let us know about your recent issue. I have located your account, and I will be reaching out directly to help resolve this for you. Please allow 48-72 hours for us to look into this matter and contact you via phone or email. We appreciate your time and patience and look forward to speaking with you soon. -Edwin Q.

Original review: June 19, 2021

After service cancellation, system repeatedly false alarms. A sensor that has never malfunctioned before began reporting a "tamper," which triggers the siren. The sensor has not been moved and the panel's firmware is up-to-date.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Chris, thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your equipment issues, at Brinks Home we aim to provide the best customer experience and I want to reassure you we are here to help. I was able to locate your account and will contact you. -Edwin Q.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I wanted to come talk to Brinks about the camera in the house. I was having a problem and it keeps happening. I also wanted to add another camera. But when their rep told me it was going to rob me $300 to $400 per camera, I said I was not going to pay that unless they got a promotion like they had when they came out before and I got the camera. Other than that, the quality of the equipment could be a little better but I'm dealing with it. I find it complicated and I thought that the rep, Dave, was going to be doing an upgrade and come through, but there is no upgrade. I see all the other promotion that everybody is offering but no one came to me with an update sent out saying there's going to be a promotion. If they did an upgrade, I'll feel most secure. That way, if I'm not home, I can see what's going outside my property because I have a lot of stuff being dropped off. But when I call them, I don't have a problem with the service I get.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Gail, I am sorry to hear about your camera issue. At Brinks Home your satisfaction is our priority, and I want to take this opportunity to reach out to resolve this. Thank you for letting us know about this, I will be more than happy to assist. -Edwin Q.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Brinks Home Security System only works for a few months. If you finally reach a live person they advise you that there is only a 30 day guarantee on any work they, or their contracted company, perform. Further, they offer a relocation service when you move. The problem with relocation services is that they add a year to your contract. We now have alarm contacts that do not work (Brinks will replace for cost of contact plus service fee) and alarms that sound when system is disarmed. After waiting over 2 hours on their automated phone system, we found that we cannot cancel our contract. So, we must continue to pay the monthly contract fee even though we have had to disarm the system completely. Bad system, Bad PR.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lee,we are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. Here at Brinks Home, we care about your satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you. I have located your account with us and will investigate this matter, and then reach out to you to resolve any misunderstandings. – Daniela S.

Original review: June 18, 2021

My video doorbell has been broken for 6 months. First tech didn’t have the right part so they ordered it. Found out the part wasn’t ordered when I checked on the delay. 2nd tech was a no-show. Customer service had me on the line for an hour only to schedule another tech at a cost of $115. I asked for the Supervisor so they could waive the fee and possibly replace the system. Rep said no Supervisor was available. I hate that we got started with this service. Next time they’re in your neighborhood, RUN!!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Rochelle,, we are sorry to hear that there are some confusions about your account. At Brink Home we strive to do better than we were the day before, and we want to rectify the situation. I have located your account with us and will investigate this matter, and then reach out to you to resolve any misunderstandings. – Daniela S.

Original review: June 17, 2021

We are moving, so we called to cancel our account. When we did so, we were told that we just renewed during a phone call. The phone call they claim we renewed at was a phone call when we were trying to shut off the alarm because of a smoke detector. Our alarm was going off and the police and fire departments were here. Apparently the rep said something like "do you extend your contract?" in addition to asking "do you want to turn off the alarm?" We CLEARLY were calling about an ongoing issue, and they tried to extend the contract at that time! We've asked for a review of this call, but they constantly say they will review the call but haven't done so for weeks. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Roger, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Brinks Home we do take these matters very seriously and I will be more than happy to look into this. I was able to locate your account and will reach out to you. -Edwin Q.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I signed up for Brinks Monitoring indirectly through Nest. With this approach, I provided all of the hardware. Brinks provided no hardware, so the fees were strictly monthly service fees. It's a 36 month contract that notes you can cancel with at least 30 days notice. Contract doesn't list cancellation terms, but refers to Brinks current cancellation policy (again, not part of the contract). Normal service contracts, like a cellular or internet service providers typically have cancellation policy where you settle on any outstanding hardware fees/returns and charge you final month of service (at most). This is not the case with Brinks - you are responsible for the entire 36 months of service, regardless of when you cancel. So they expect you to pay for services they will never provide. Horrible customer relations - especially when someone if forced to relocate and can no longer utilize their services!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Rod, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we aim to provide the best customer experience and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will be more than happy to look into this and will reach out to you to resolve this matter. - Edwin Q.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Brinks is a good company. They're easy to deal with and I like them. Anytime I've ever had to call them, they've been helpful. I've never had any problems not getting anything that I've ever called about resolved. A guy came in and put the new security system. It worked for a little bit, but then I started having trouble with the sensor on the back door. They kind of walked me through it once to try to get it fixed but still had a little bit of issues. Then this last person that I dealt with got it fixed. I haven't had any problems with it besides a little bit of normal, probably, complications that you have every now and then. The camera doorbell is really nice to have ‘cause I have an adult with special needs that lives with me. Being able to monitor him a little bit when he's outside on the porch is nice.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Gina,we are glad to hear that we were able to help you. Here at Brinks home Security we work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you and resolved any issues that you had. We look forward to providing you with the best for many years to come. – Daniela S.

Original review: June 8, 2021

It took Brinks 2 months to realize I disconnected my system. Your contract continues month to month even if you don't renew it. Calling to cancel is about an hour on hold and then a pushy salesman trying to sign you back up. Once you say, "No, I'm canceling," you'll receive an email in a week for DocuSign to cancel which takes 30 days to process therefore you owe them for another monthly payment. By signing the document to cancel you are also agreeing that Brinks can still contact you via phone/mail/etc to push more sales. See below...

After canceling they offered me a reduced rate by 50%, if they can make a profit with a 50% reduction in price, the original price I'd say is gouging. All in all I'd go with someone else. "I agree that Brinks Home Security may contact me regarding Brinks Home Security’s offers at the mailing address, email address and phone number(s) I provided to Brinks Home Security, using any method, including automated technology, prerecorded messages or text messages." You can't cancel without signing this.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Anthony, we are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with us. At Brinks Home Security, we care about your satisfaction and please know that we always act with the upmost integrity. I was able to locate your account with the information provided and I will be happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter.- Daniela S.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had a window guy come and replace the glass in one of my windows because the sill was broken. I forgot to tell him that that was the one window in the house that had the alarm system right on it. There was a lot of pounding. And that night, that window would no longer work. And I knew it was the pounding. I called Brinks a total of four times to try to get help. And the first time, the woman said, “Well, you probably just need a new battery.” And she told me which battery to get. But I couldn't get the thing apart. So, I took it to Home Depot and it took two men there to get it apart. And it needed an entirely different battery than she said. She said it was one of those that looks like a quarter, flat and round. No, it looks like an AA battery. It's a lithium battery is what it needed. We put the battery in and I brought it back, but it still didn't work.

I called again. They finally decided they would send me a new one. And I should call back when I got it and she would help me install it. The new one came. I called. We were almost through the installation process and we got disconnected. I was hoping she would call back. Because I knew if I called I would get a new person, then I get to start over again. So, I waited. She didn't call back. Several days later, I gathered all my patience and called again. It still didn't work. Finally, I had to pay for a technician to come out. He fixed it. It works now. But it cost me $50.

Brinks could have technicians who know better what they're doing, even the woman who told me the wrong battery to get. Fortunately, I was still at the store as I couldn't get the thing open myself. So, if I bought that battery and brought it home and then finally got it open, it would have made another trip back to Home Depot, return the battery, get a new one. So, at least we avoided that because I was at the store. I just put the one back on the shelf and got a new one. That was another $14, which I didn't need to spend. That part has been frustrating. It did work, but I had to bypass the window every night. Now, it works fine.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Linda, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry for any inconvenience that we might have caused you. At Brinks Home, we always act with the upmost integrity. I would like to look into this matter further.I will be reaching out soon to resolve any issues. - Daniela S.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information