Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5
Visit Website

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$53.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

Protect Your Home Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

WOW! That's all I can think to say. The serviceman was so knowledgeable. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and has only the best intentions for the home and family he is serving. He was dressed nicely and made me feel comfortable about having him in my home and around my children. He made sure I was very aware of how to use the system and asked me multiple times if I had any questions. He didn't seem rushed or stressed. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and waited patiently for my arrival.

He was appropriate and personable. I really enjoyed his conversation as he worked diligently to install all of my hardware. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this person and how pleasant he was to work with. I was amazed at the difference in installation service I received with ADT compared to Vivint. I feel I have received what I need to keep my family safe. I'm hoping my years with ADT will be completely different than with my last provider. Thank you for hiring great members of society to represent your company!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The installation and activation was conducted by Evan **, one of the sweetest Christian young men I have ever met. He was very professional and thorough. I received your brochure in the mail within a few days of my husband's death. I was especially interested in the doorbell video camera. BUT, I am disappointed that the doorbell must be rung in order for me to receive an alert. My sister has a system that alerts her when anyone approaches her door. That is a feature you should add.

Since I do plan to be away from home more often, I am very pleased to have the smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detectors through your system. My log home could burn rapidly if detection was delayed. My home also has a lot of glass, so Evan's explanation of the glass breakage sensors made me aware of that issue. He also told me I should not have tools so readily available in my storage room, so I am moving those! My husband was a retired law enforcement officer and certainly helped me be more aware of possible dangers. I truly felt Evan was concerned for my safety and I appreciate his care and concern.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed an agreement with Guardian Protection because the new home already had the system installed. They missed and rescheduled the appointment to help me set up a new passcode and then missed the rescheduled appointment. Their next available appointment was nearly three weeks out. After two weeks of trying to get in on a cancellation and still having to wait at least another 7 days, I cancelled their service and called ADT. The next morning, you completely replaced the current alarm system and had me with exactly what I wanted - less than 23 hours after ending my phone call. I was leaving the next day for a conference out of town and finally felt safe that my new home was protected. Louis was fantastic. He explained everything, was friendly and courteous, and worked as a partner in my home security - not a vendor. Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

Rusty my technician was very friendly, and polite. He also was very knowledgeable about the product. There was a little confusion on my package and pricing, compared to what I was told by the sales representative when setting up my appointment, but Rusty called his supervisor and had it worked out in just a minute. Overall I got everything I already had and then some. I also had a couple of false alarms after Rusty left which I thought was odd but response time was good and haven't had any sense. I already feel safer than I did with my last security company, and me and my family couldn't be happier.

Original review: May 19, 2019

We have been customers of ADT for 29 years. A recent interaction with 2 tech visits and 2 follow up calls to Kristen left us less than satisfied. Until we called and got Marcus on the line who assured us that hardwired fire detectors are powered by electricity and shouldn’t die, as well we have a home generator. Thanks for your professional opinion that the alarm was more than likely related to a power surge and saving us $300 even though we have a service plan. After careful thought, we remember the electric company was shutting off power sporadically for tree service. ADT needs more people like Marcus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Just had a few small issues with installed equipment, but the installer rectified the issues. He was delayed due to personal issues, but responded as soon as he could. The system works as advertised. I would recommend ADT systems if you are looking for a security system.

Protect Your Home response

Hi James! We love when our guests have such a great overall experience with DEFENDERS! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these stars for our team!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I thought I was dealing with ADT. I called this outfit and install date was made pending my availability. When I called back to confirm they had changed the date. We finally got back to the original date and the Technician never showed up. After waiting an additional hour I called the toll free number and asked for an explanation the operator said that due to inclement weather the tech could not make it and was going to call me. No one ever called. And from what I could gather the tech was coming from Salt Lake City 4 hours away. I know there is an ADT office locally. My card was charge after the initial call and has yet to be refunded.

Hi John,

I'm so sorry to hear about the installation experience you recently had. We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with our management team. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We recently had an ADT Home Security system installed. We realized after the installer left we did not get the emergency alert necklace type thing which we really wanted. When I checked the paperwork it was not on the equipment list but was listed on the insurance certificate. When I called Protect Your Home they wouldn't honor it and said I had to pay $139 but this not what we discussed with our installer. It's evident by being on the certificate that it was discussed. I'm not feeling good about this company. Sorry I did this.

Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the incomplete installation and equipment experience you recently had. We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with our management team. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I called ADT, or so I thought to inquire about a security system. What I got was Defenders/Protect Your Home. Ok, cool. I set up an appt, only to be told they couldn't make it and they'd come the following week. Ok, cool. Fast forward to today. I had a 2 o'clock appt., at around noon, I get a knock on my door and it's the technician! No call, no forewarning, nothing! Ok, whatever. He comes in the house, pulls out the two diff pad options and suggests the touchscreen of course! No worries, I'd def want that one! Suddenly he's asking about best location for the installation, I show him where I'd like it to go if this is the route I choose! Next thing I know, he's got his drill out, drilling a GINORMOUS hole in the wall!

Wait! We haven't even discussed pricing or anything! He then sits down with a sheet of paper and tells me that the best security, with all the stuff, minus my $1073 equipment credit, it would be about 5 grand! Whaaaatttt! I say yeah no let's not! Lol and we proceed to get this thing narrowed down. When all was said and done, I was paying $2400 plus tax for basic bs systems and $60 a month to monitor. I'm not really a fan of the backwards sales tactics and I'm ready to cancel this very second! Especially after looking at their competitor which is $20 less a month and about 1800 for 2 outdoor cameras, a video doorbell (none of what I got with adt/pyh for 2400) plus window/door sensors, key fobs, an indoor camera, and motion sensors, installed!

I'm extremely annoyed that they installed the keypad without up front pricing! I NEVER expected that kind of price tag, especially considering I've never had a security system before and honestly, what if I didn't have a $600 payment for them today or ever, not including installation or first and second month's payment? If I can edit this later, I'll fill you in on how the cancellation process goes!... Also they offered a 100 Visa card which I haven't received and this 3 day cancellation period is ridiculous! How is that a reasonable amount of time to see if I'm satisfied!? That's right... It's not.

Hi Jace,

I'm so sorry for the service you received recently. Our goal is to provide a detailed and thorough service experience on every visit. Your feedback is important to us and we will use it to address training opportunities. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Last month I had Protect Your Home upgrade my Brinks system and switch me to ADT. They charged me $150 per window sensor. With the $850 of free equipment (supposedly), I still had to pay $1200 and that only covered half of my windows. Today I had ADT out to do the rest of the windows and they only charged me $50 per window sensor and said the equipment protect Your Home gave me is not even what ADT uses. The $1200 VISA card you’re promised takes 8-120 weeks to process. And when you try to call Protect Your Home for any reason you get caught up in an automated loop that transfers you to ADT who then tries to transfer you back to PYH. Go straight through ADT, do not use this company.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with DEFENDERS. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your troubles with pricing, customer service, and receiving your VISA card. We are definitely capable of a much better job. We would like to speak with you further regarding this. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

Protect Your Home Company Information