Call toll free
3.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$53.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

Protect Your Home Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

WOW! That's all I can think to say. The serviceman was so knowledgeable. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and has only the best intentions for the home and family he is serving. He was dressed nicely and made me feel comfortable about having him in my home and around my children. He made sure I was very aware of how to use the system and asked me multiple times if I had any questions. He didn't seem rushed or stressed. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and waited patiently for my arrival.

He was appropriate and personable. I really enjoyed his conversation as he worked diligently to install all of my hardware. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this person and how pleasant he was to work with. I was amazed at the difference in installation service I received with ADT compared to Vivint. I feel I have received what I need to keep my family safe. I'm hoping my years with ADT will be completely different than with my last provider. Thank you for hiring great members of society to represent your company!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The installation and activation was conducted by Evan **, one of the sweetest Christian young men I have ever met. He was very professional and thorough. I received your brochure in the mail within a few days of my husband's death. I was especially interested in the doorbell video camera. BUT, I am disappointed that the doorbell must be rung in order for me to receive an alert. My sister has a system that alerts her when anyone approaches her door. That is a feature you should add.

Since I do plan to be away from home more often, I am very pleased to have the smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detectors through your system. My log home could burn rapidly if detection was delayed. My home also has a lot of glass, so Evan's explanation of the glass breakage sensors made me aware of that issue. He also told me I should not have tools so readily available in my storage room, so I am moving those! My husband was a retired law enforcement officer and certainly helped me be more aware of possible dangers. I truly felt Evan was concerned for my safety and I appreciate his care and concern.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed an agreement with Guardian Protection because the new home already had the system installed. They missed and rescheduled the appointment to help me set up a new passcode and then missed the rescheduled appointment. Their next available appointment was nearly three weeks out. After two weeks of trying to get in on a cancellation and still having to wait at least another 7 days, I cancelled their service and called ADT. The next morning, you completely replaced the current alarm system and had me with exactly what I wanted - less than 23 hours after ending my phone call. I was leaving the next day for a conference out of town and finally felt safe that my new home was protected. Louis was fantastic. He explained everything, was friendly and courteous, and worked as a partner in my home security - not a vendor. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The entire install process was completely painless. We called your team. They explained how everything worked and what it would cost. We had an appointment quickly schedule for a date and time that worked for me. The installer arrived and was great. He was very kind and extremely knowledgeable about the system. He went over the cost of all the parts clearly, and he wasn't overly pushy with the sales stuff which is a great plus. When all was installed, he very clearly explained how to operate everything and who to contact in case of any problems. A few days after, ADT called to check in on everything and make sure we were doing well with the system. If I had one complaint, it would be the cost of the system components. Each equipment piece is dramatically inflated in price. Maybe there was some secret components that were extra expensive, but nothing seems like it should be worth as much as we paid for it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The sales representative was friendly and helpful. The installation technician was also very friendly and informative. However, the installation technician provided some wrong information and tried to sell me an extremely overpriced and unnecessary system for my home and its location. The wrong information provided by the technician was that the fire department would be immediately dispatched upon an alarm activation. A phone call from the corporate office told me that ADT would attempt to contact me first regarding any alarm activation before dispatching the proper emergency response. The quality of equipment and the installation from a long standing reputable company gives me that added feeling of security that coming with having a good quality alarm system. I am glad I went with ADT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have used ADT since 2008. Somehow Defenders Protect Your Home got involved when we moved and was still under contract. Their invoice lists a phone number that rolls over to ADT. When you use the automated service you are told your balance is zero. When you call the number on the invoice ADT picks up. The thing they don't tell you is that this will allow Defenders Protect your home to send you to collections for breach of contact!!

This company will cash your checks AS THEY SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS even if you are current!!! This company will then cut off your service and call it breach of contract. A class action lawsuit has been filed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. --ADT is aware and their response is to turn back on your service for a fee (and you are still expected to pay the ridiculous Defender Protect your Home Cancellation fees on top of it because Defenders Protect your Home and ADT are in this together. Shame on them both!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I am in the process of purchasing a new house and wanted it protected by the same company that protects my business. After looking online for ADT and requesting what I thought was a quote for a system installed by them I received a phone call. This could have been an easy sale as I was already fairly certain that I wanted my new home monitored by ADT and the installation company meant no difference to me. The company kept me on the Phone for almost an hour as they were unable to charge my card properly for the Installation fee. They promised me the best equipment and my appointment was set.

To follow up on my appointment I called the rep for my commercial system and was informed that ADT would have nothing to do with my Install and in fact the equipment sold to this installer is older equipment, Not the "newest components" I was promised. When I called to cancel my appointment the manager said the system I was looking to purchase was "fake security" and This is the solution for people who can't afford one of their systems. I was very turned off by the whole process and I am still waiting on my refund.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I am in the process of buying a home. I received a phone call wanting to sell me a security system through ADT. The sales person began to ask me personal information like my date of birth, Social Security number, and banking information for the purpose of securing their promotional offer. I explained to them That I did not want to follow through at this time as I had not closed on my house. They were very pushy and after the second sales person got on the phone I had to hang up because they weren’t taking no for an answer. A few minutes after hanging up I get an alert telling me that my credit score has gone down and a deep inquiry had been completed by them through Equifax.

I have made four phone calls to resolve the situation and no one has bothered to call me back. The latest customer care representative said that if the inquiry is withdrawn I will hear nothing from them and I should wait 30 days for the change to show up on my credit score. If you get a call from ADT or defense defender hang up. Don’t give them any information. I find this highly intrusive.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

DO NOT USE OR TRUST! We had Protect Your Home install it new ADT system in mid August. Initial installation took more than 10 hours. Less than 2 hours later, the system malfunctioned. It took a week to schedule them to get them out to repair it. I waited from 11am till 8pm with no tech ever arriving. Their excuse was that the tech wrecked on the way to my house because I was rushing him. They finally repaired it the following day, and again, it lasted two hours before it malfunctioned again. Between mid August until now, my "new" system has worked properly for less than 10 days. Each time I call for service, they are at least 5 hours late if they bother showing up at all. I've now been waiting for more than 10 days for management to contact me. Of course, we've not heard from them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Protect Your Home is not a customer friendly company, and it appears all they care is getting customers pay $99. Their agent apparently wrote a wrong address and wrong appointment date, because an installer showed up at my house and he was fuming. He said he had to go to 45th street, instead of 45th avenue, and that he said I was not there when he showed up at the appointment. Of course, I was not there, because it was not the right date, and I was out of town on business. I was very unhappy about the situation and I called Protect Your Home 3 times, but every time I called, someone put me on hold and then at the end of more than 5 minutes of waiting, they say, "There is nothing I can do for you," and hung up the phone.

Protect Your Home Company Information