4.42/5
  • 1 star
Based on 128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Protect Your Home

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

1032 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I really appreciated the effort the person on the phone made to meet my goals and the person who came to install security system was very helpful in meeting what I wanted and what was needed to protect my new home the way I wanted it protected.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I think the technician was quite friendly and knew what he was doing. He did run into a problem while setting up the system but he called a more experienced technician who came by to assist and he was done in a reasonable length of time. I was somewhat surprised to find that the $100 mentioned in the flyer was not the only thing I had to pay for. I did not expect to have any more charges than the $100. Although the wording on the flyer states "previously wired" I think that should be explained more thoroughly in the flyer and should not be left to the technician to have to explain what the salespeople left out. I was promised window stickers but the technician forgot to leave them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The two gentleman that came to my home were very professional and everything was explained in detail. The demonstration was easy! And I have had no problems with the system. I have had to call Customer Service about the bill and the representative was very friendly and knowledgeable. I feel very confident in the service I am being provided and the cost is affordable and fair.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The only thing pleasant about my experience was the technician who came out to install the system. He was very professional. I was renting and received one of ADT's "Free Systems" flyers in the mail. Knowing nothing is free and knowing there was a catch, I called in to inquire. The customer service was great, I sat on hold for maybe 2 minutes of that - the rep on the phone was very pleasant as well and assured me, "sir, when we say free, we really mean free. You just pay the monthly monitoring fees".

The thing I disliked and I'm sure this is ADT's way of suckering people in - the technician drilled a hole in my wall and installed the keypad before sitting down with me and showing me my options. So if I don't buy - I have a giant hole in my wall that I gotta cover up with a picture. The technician was very pleasant so I didn't want to be that customer. After he installed the keypad, we sat down and discussed the rest. He said "I can finish this install for you today for this much due today". That amount was over $3,000.00. He needed it all that day. No payment plans. No nothing. Finally I told him, I was told the equipment was free, we talked, he called his manager and I ended up paying $300.00 that day for a step-down system and less equipment. Not a big deal to protect my family but it's just the point that ADT is a bunch of con artists. So at this point, I have a security system. Yay!

About a week later I started having trouble with signals. The monitoring center had no record of the trouble signals, couldn't tell me why I was receiving them and just told me "if you keep having problems, call us back". First - if I could have fixed it myself or thought it was a glitch, I would have fixed it myself. So whatever I hung up. A day later, I called back with the same issues. ADT couldn't setup a service call and had to be my "authorized dealer". So I waited for 2 weeks for a call from them and nothing.

I went online to chat with someone, they said I had to call and speak to someone. I've been there, done that. They said I had to wait for my dealer to call me back to setup a service call, which I've been waiting on for 2 weeks. So then I submitted a form online to contact ADT about my dealer not getting in touch with me. Don't you know - less than 5 minutes later I got a call from someone offering me a free security system. How is it they are quick to respond to new business but not take care of their current customers?

There's so much more but let me leave you with this. DON'T USE ADT! They are horrible. Yeah they are a "big brand" - which I will never understand. I'm sure there are better companies out there. I left my equipment in the house I moved from as a gift to my landlord because ADT is such garbage. Merry freaking Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

For my installation, I didn't know what I needed... Well, my Installation Tech gave me his undivided attention & he was a pure professional. He walked me through what equipment he thought I needed & told/showed me why. During installation, my tech made me feel like I was truly, a part of everything we did. The 1st person I talked to on the phone, was friendly, helpful & very knowledgeable, then I talked to a supervisor, who was ALSO very helpful & a true pro, he couldn't do enough for me...

These 1st two people put me at ease & made me feel like I made the right choice... answered any questions that I had, clearly explained what I would be getting & that I can count on ADT to make me know that my home will be safe & secure. All 3 people I would rate a perfect 10, from sales/customer service in the beginning, to my installation tech in the end... I now know that I have a peace of mind when I go to work at 2am. Thanks ADT for a great experience & for keeping my home safe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The professional who showed up was very nice and he explained everything in great detail. I felt comfortable with his knowledge and expertise when installing the new system in my home. I would recommend them to a friend who was looking for home security system.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

ADT has been around for a very long time, has a great reputation and was the first alarm company name we thought of when seeking to find our home security system. HOWEVER we feared the cost would be much higher when seeing ads from so many other companies and DIY options available. So we checked every source out there in depth before deciding what was the best for us. In the end we found ourselves right back at ADT. I am employed within a police department for over 30 yrs now and knew what all I demanded with a system, so cost was the main purpose for the lengthy search.

My review and testimony would be that ADT should, at least, be a company to research, because what we found is that there are many options on how and what price to equip your home with the best system and keep it at the price you choose. So, after a lot of negotiating (with only the installation company who sells the equipment and does the install that works with ADT) we found that the home visit was worth the lengthy time it took to get to finally what we wanted at a price we wanted.

ADT itself is a great company however their installation company salesman reminded us of a used car salesman, with that being said, we have now purchased the perfect alarm system with everything we insisted upon and at the price we wanted. Once the price was settled and in writing on our contract, we finally enjoyed our salesman! So just understand the salesman's job is to sell and install equipment, he is a great guy however still a salesman doing his job. Just know that YOU are in control. So in the end we purchased everything we wanted and now have the best monitoring alarm company out there, in our opinion. So, if ADT, the best company out there in our opinion for our protection, is the company you want - go through the home visit and car salesman to get it. We couldn't be happier. After all is said and done now, we have the best for a price that equals the rest!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Installer was a true professional with ample knowledge of detection devices and scenarios and tactics that criminals use to make entry into your home. Sales team was willing to work with me to make things as budget friendly for me as possible.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Had several issues in 2015 with repairing 4 system faults with an existing system purchased in 2005 in a rental property I owned in CA, and had entered into contract to sell. They refused to service the malfunctioning ADT equipment without an account, and at no time was I told it involved a 24-month commitment. If told, I would have immediately declined as the house was sold and was closing within a few weeks. A landline was needed to confirm the repairs, at a $36.99 monthly monitoring charge, which I was told could be transferred to the new owners. The repair person came in, removed the existing controller saying it was outdated, and without saying anything further started installing a wireless controller.

At that time I specifically asked if the contract could be transferred to the new owners and was told "yes, no problem, one simple phone call to 800 238 2727 and the account can be transferred to the new owners". Two faults remained after the repair which I was unable to reach the installer to resolve. New owners took possession within a few days, called ADT and was promptly told the contract could not be transferred and they said I had to deal with a different company (Protect Your Home) who would call within 24 to 48 hours. Received a call 3 days later and was told I'd have to pay a 75% cancellation fee. Efforts to escalate the issue were ignored by a rude customer person.

Received my credit card statement a few weeks later to find an unexpected $741.20 equipment charge, immediately called my CC company to dispute the charge, and was told a second $741.20 charge had just been made. I had a written record of all calls, dates and names, mailed it in and they conferenced in PYH customer service to discuss the charges, and they were just as rude as before, stating the equipment charges totaled $2800.00. None of which was in the contract, including any amount for a monthly monitoring fee which they also tried to jack up to $56.00. At this point I replaced my credit card to avoid further fraudulent charges. They are required to respond in writing within a certain period of time, which they failed to do so. All fees were credited to my account and back charged to PYH.

One year later (summer '16) I receive a vague VM saying, “Call this number, and don't use your speakerphone if anyone is near as it could be embarrassing.” Called and sure enough it's PYH trying to collect a debt. Needless to say I didn't pull my checkbook out or wish them a happy 4th of July. Received a call today, December 7th, 2017, while refusing to state who was calling, asked me to identify myself and the last four digits of my SS #. Twice they refused to identify themselves so I confirmed myself, they then said they were a collection arm of PYH, at which point needless to say I did not wish them a Merry Christmas.

The Attorney General from multiple states, the BBB, and management from ADT will receive a letter regarding highly predatory business and collection practices. A word of caution, keep accurate and detailed notes, only sign written contracts, and be aware of the 48/72 cancellation clause, and put it in writing along with the fax number it's sent to if you cancel.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The ADT guy that came to my house to install ADT was very professional. He took the time to explain everything and was very courteous. He did what he could to help with the costs of installing a new system. I was expecting to pay some for a new system, but was very surprised at how much more I ended up paying. I feel that I should have asked for more things on the phone call to have more credit built up for upgrades. I added sensors to all doors and windows and should have looked into that price more.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My sales representative thought he was going to install, but I still wanted to talk with him about why to choose ADT. He called his boss for extra time and in the end we did a complete perimeter install with every window and door. The sales rep worked really hard to get the price down to what I was comfortable with and I knew I was still getting the best system. Since my husband travels for his work a lot, I feel so much better being here alone. This morning my husband blew his nose in a small bathroom and (believe it or not!) the shock sensor went off! It must have caught the vibration from his nose! We really laughed. I think these sensors are going to work great. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The installer was very knowledgeable and helpful in determining the best protection for us. Also he was well acquainted with the needs for security but within a budget. He was very friendly and explained what he was doing, and how best to protect our home. My one drawback on this whole thing is the $100.00 gift card because that still seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle somehow. We feel good to be back with ADT.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My husband and I are both senior citizens. He is suffering from Parkinson's disease and Dementia. Because of his condition I thought maybe we needed to be able rest well and feel more secure at night The technician (Matthew **) was 100% professional and understanding. He explained everything in detail and made sure all was working correctly. I know this is part of his job but sometimes you can feel when someone is for real. After he installed the system and all papers were signed he joined hands with my family and offered a beautiful prayer for my husband and me and ask God for His protection on us and this house. This was so special to us because we all need prayer. Thank you so much for sending the right person to install our security system. I recommend him highly and the ADT service was superb.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I had a good experience with Protect Your Home and the technician was helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. The service is easy to use and well thought out. I think it's worth its value. I plan to stick with ADT as it is flexible and can be taken to another place as well.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I personally know ADT for so many years protecting my residence and I have no problem recommended ADT. They call immediately if they detect something wrong and confirm you are the right person and ask the code words/numbers. Also they respond to your question with the great customer operators.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Our technician was AMAZING. He explained everything and helped us save money as well as get the beat bang for our buck. Hands down the best guy I have ever met. He made sure we knew what we were getting, why we needed it and even recommended some stuff. Z from Birmingham is the best technician for anything I ever met and he definitely deserves a promotion to teach other technicians how to be the best and do the best job.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Our technician (Jeff **) was very knowledgeable about his product. He was very professional and made sure we understood the equipment and how to operate it. He was also respectful of the tenant and included him in the instructions.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was pleased with everything. I am not sure that I got everything that I was promised. I think I am missing a smoke communicator. The installer did a good job and told me about everything when he was done.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Great person to install. Professional, accurate, explained all what the devices do and what to expect in an emergency. He did a walk through outside and inside of house. Explained where all the devices should be placed. Explained the cost for more to be placed and the effect it will be. Friendly and easy to talk to. Nice guy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am highly satisfied with my alarm system. I only know of one company when it comes to security alarm systems (ADT). The technician was very professional and friendly. Thank you. I have complete trust in ADT. If I had to do the alarm again it would be ADT.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I am a woman with disabilities. After my installation of my ADT Security System I feel much safer when I am away from home as well as sleeping much soundly in my evenings. It's been somewhat confusing having and learning to use my products. After speaking with the many Representatives on call and in person I have seen the importance and concerns your staff has shown and provided in my reassurance of the security I will have, I thank all your Representatives that I have contacted for giving me back the security and the trust of your services, you're wonderful people and thank you kindly.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Service was great. What the tech didn't know, he was able to contact someone and find out. We have terrible cell service where I live, and the tech was able to install a booster to help improve our service. It was his first one to install, so it took a little longer than expected. But, overall I'm very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Very satisfied. He was great. He explained and showed me how to use the system. Many way walked around to show me where I might want sensor alarm. He made my home safe for me and my family. If I owned my own company I would let him run it with no problems.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am very satisfied with my ADT system. The technician who installed the system was outstanding. He taught us all how to utilize the system very well. I would highly recommend ADT to anyone interested in securing and protecting home, property, and self.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The installer was professional, friendly and patient in answering my questions. I didn't expect the additional sales efforts at the start of the installation. Overall, the installation went well although I could have used more instruction on setting some of the options on the keypad such as chime volume, date/time, etc. Also, it was surprising that the generous Visa gift card required a $4.95 shipping and handling fee only payable by money order or cashier's check. The following day, a customer service representative of your company called about the installation. She suggested calling monthly to test the system. You may wish to have the system test itself daily.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

ADT did a professional job installing our home security system. They gave great advice as to what products we should install to make our home as safe as possible. The installer was very professional and nice. I would recommend ADT to all my neighbors and friends.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Rep showed up on time, went over my options. The first pricing was over $5000,00 for everything. Wow! The second slimmed down version ended up at $1800.00. Then all the equipment was free, imagine that. Then I was really confused on how something that was once $5000.00 is now free. Then to top it off they offered me two gift cards at $100.00 each. So I went ahead with the understanding that I had Three days to change my mind. After not sleeping that night due to the what seemed like pretty screwed up sales tactics, I changed my mind and even if I pay more somewhere else I will be able to sleep. I would have hated to have been the little old lady that wrote the $5000.00 check for equipment. It just doesn't seem right.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was very pleased by the evaluation of my home for protection by Mr. William **, the ADT technician sent to my home. He was very professional and did not try to 'oversell' me on what I needed and what I requested. On his first visit, I just wanted an estimate of what it would take to set up my house, but we were in the middle of a renovation job at the house and not really ready to actually do the set up at that time. I received quite a bit of pressure from the ADT salesman on the phone to do it then, but I stuck to my guns and had Mr. ** out approx 6 weeks later and he set us up with the installation. I feel the sales people are quite aggressive. But the tech I had was very nice and realistic. I appreciated that.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This is a complaint the installer was also a salesman. The installer had a was professional and knew the system well. The installation time was too long as he stopped in the middle to take a dinner break. The appointment started at 1230 and ended at 1730. Over all it was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The overall experience was good. The sales guy on the phone was a bit misleading on the promotion and how far it would go. The installer was excellent and worked with us to get what we wanted, despite having to spend more money than we thought.

Protect Your Home Company Information