4.35/5

Need a home alarm?

Protect Your Home

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

View More View More

1203 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was met by a professional man, and I was late. But he waited patiently. He answered all my questions before we started and all through the process. When I was disappointed that my equipment couldn't be used, he worked to give me ideas and alternatives that may someday be affordable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Richard the installer was very friendly, pleasant to talk with, and very knowledgeable about the system. Even though he was running late, he called to let me know and he stayed late to make sure the job was finished properly and to my satisfaction.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Technician was on time and knowledgeable. Although doing further research I saw other companies offering more features for the same price including no activation charges, which was the reason I didn't get the free cameras. Other than that I'm happy.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Great customer service from everyone I've encountered from your company. The installation only took an hour, which was a surprise to me. The technician was kind and courteous. His support was outstanding. I had a wonderful experience. I would recommend ADT to anyone who needed the service for their home or business.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We are happy with ADT. We had this system installed due to a situation that happen on July 21st 2018. Will not go into detail, but lived at this residency for 28 years and never had anything happen like it did on the above date. We feel more secure with the system and I don't get up as often at night to go out and check things out. We all assume we our safe in our house and nothing like that will ever happen, but sometimes we take things for granted. I'm saying in won't happen again, but this time we will be warned if an intruder will enter our property or buildings. We live in the country, .25 mile from main road. Thank you ADT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

When I called for the quote I was a bit skeptical but once the technicians arrived and we discussed everything I was more confident and anxious for the alarm to be installed. Now that it is I am more comfortable with everything. The techs were amazing and informative. I am happy.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The installer was nice and knowledgeable. Took him 6 hours to complete the job because he kept running into unexpected problems but he never lost his cool. Feel as protected as if I were in Fort Knox. Thank you ADT.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We had a reinstall of current system in house and some new equipment added as well. Installers were very knowledgeable and helpful while in my home. So far we like the system and are getting used to all the functions.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I'm a new customer but so far the service seems to be reliable, people are friendly, courteous and helpful. They appear to want what's best for their customer and seems eager to explain their product as well as sell their products. I would definite recommend them to someone else who is looking to invest in an security system.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Service by Jimmy my installer was excellent and he was quite knowledgeable about the product offerings available. The only disappointing part of my appointment was realizing that the reps who I spoke with to initially set up the appointment stated my rate would be $27.99 a month for the cellular option which turned out to be untrue as Jimmy reviewed the final details of my service during my appointment. It would be nice to receive consistent information through the process as I spoke with a representative and a manager during my initial call in, and then had to call back to confirm I was ready to proceed with ADT as a service provider where again the $27.99 was confirmed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Steve, the technician who came out, was very helpful in explaining all the details of the plan and recommending what would fit best for my situation. He answered all my questions and made it clear. The system is easy to use and I feel greatly relieved with it. I also like that the smoke and carbon monoxide feature is connected to the fire station, so while I'm away, I won't come home to a disaster.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

The tech was very family friendly and answered all of our questions. He demonstrated all of the features and told us about all of the upgrade features we could consider. We feel more secure already and look forward to many years of use.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Stay away from this company. They don’t care at all about their customers satisfaction. We haven't even had them for a month and the alarm has yet to work a single day this month. This company is a joke. Their equipment isn't set up correctly and we have had 4 techs come out to try and repair it. They charged us for equipment that wasn't used and refuse to remove the charges. I am trying to get out of this contract within my trial period but if all else fails I will be opening a class action case against this company. They disgust me the way they handle situations and I won’t let that happen to me. If I can say one thing is for your own good don’t ever consider using this company. You will be nothing but disappointed. I honestly find it hard to believe that any of the reviews on here are legitimate. Google the company's reviews and you will see the truth everyone has given them a one star review.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Installation techs were courteous, professional, informative and thorough. Since I had a similar system several years ago, there was minimal instruction/OJT needed to bring me up to speed on system usage.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Abraham was on time and very efficient and helpful. He removed equipment from the previous system and installed the new equipment with no blemishes or marks anywhere in the home. He was friendly and provided excellent service all around and the service is working perfectly.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The two gentlemen who came to my home were friendly and very efficient. I have nothing but a good report on those men. A YEAR AGO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!!! At to the service that I had with you a year ago under my husband's name... that is a whole other story. I was very disappointed in my service a year ago. I had all new windows and doors put in my home so I needed new sensors on sliding glass doors and on new crank out windows. Mind you my had my service with you faithfully for 5 years automatically debited from my checking account. So when I need this update, I was told it would cost me $1500.00. I said no way. The ADT customer service person informed me this is the way it would be. So, I discontinued my service for a year. If that had been handled as easily as this install has been handled then there would have been no lapse in my service with ADT. I am very satisfied with my service in 2018, but not in 2017!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The phone person that I initially spoke to was very courteous, helpful and patient. The installation fellas were very efficient. they explained everything thoroughly. We are senior citizens and the two young men who came to our house were wonderful. They helped us choose the best options for us.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Had ADT PULSE system installed. The technician was great. Explained everything in detail. I now have protection on all of my windows and doors. This much more protection than my old system and very user friendly. The camera is very good. I may want to get another camera later. I wish they had outdoor camera system. So far I'm happy.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We had a good experience with ADT. Installation was easy. We feel safe in our new home now from crime and fire, both! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would highly recommend ADT for all your home security needs.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The technician/salesman was right on time and very efficient. He had all of his information and products available. He was not high pressure for purchasing but really showed me the options available and the benefits of each of the items.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The Tech was professional and polite. He explained everything good, tested the system and perform a walk around survey inside and outside of the property for protection of our home and gave us the option of what was important to install.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Jose answered all my questions I had. As new homeowners we didn't know anything about protecting our new home. Jose informed us on everything we got and explained how to use as well. I love when people love what they do and are there to help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had no idea what ADT was supposed to offer until the techs took time and explained everything I needed to know. They were very patient and through and made sure everything worked and we understood everything. Although I had to reconsider about the equipments that I had agreed to pay for them. They were a bit pricey but the customer service gave me a good deal on them so I decided to keep them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Kamel, was an absolute joy to work with. She has full knowledge of the ADT product line and the expertise to install the equipment the same way she described it. She worked tirelessly with me to ensure that I was utilizing the ADT product properly at a cost I could afford. She was more concerned about me and my household then clocking out and getting home, even though she an exam the next day. After she left our house, my wife and I were sure we had made the right decision to choose ADT for our alarm company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Good Experience. This is the most trusted security company from what I know. Starting with the sales representative, who made it very easy for us to understand and decide to secure our home and family and the technician Irving explained everything thoroughly to make the process easier.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was completely satisfied with my selection/review experience as well as the installation. The installers were very professional and knowledgeable and courteous. I would recommend ADT based on my friend's experience and my own installation and activation experience. I feel completely safe and secure. I will be living alone soon, and ADT has given me confidence and security.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I should start with the fact I had been with ADT for 28 years!!! I called recently to upgrade. I waited a week. Nobody returned my call. I thought well if they can not return my call for an upgrade how are they monitoring. I decided to seek other companies. I found one, had it installed and ADT was offline without a call from them to see what was going on or the police called. I called after all was done to cancel them. They were rude and told me I would owe $700.00 which I was shocked but that was not the best of it. I told them to send me the bill and hung up.

I called a week later and they had not cancelled the account. They said I needed to go through proper procedure. I asked why was I not told that on the 30th. I asked do they ever take into consideration that I have paid my bill on time and I have been with them for 28 years. They said no. Everyone was extremely rude and unwilling to help me or realize how long I had been with them. I talked to 4 different people and each one pretty much had the same attitude. None were willing to help or even care why I left. At this point I don't even care to pay the money. I'm glad to be done with this company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The technicians were very professional. I was confused by the promotional flyer I received in the mail with an offer. Found out that was not for a wireless setup. We think the setup will meet our needs and all interactions have been good. Do have one minor issue which is scheduled to be taken care of tomorrow.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Very pleased with the technician and the installation and activation experience. I would recommend ADT to a family member or friend. The security package fits my needs and, one that I can afford. I'm a pleased customer. I got a Visa gift card for getting ADT and free customer service for my system.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

You get sucked in because after to talk to someone they only tell you it's a 99 dollar installation fee plus a monthly charge. But when they're installing it you are buying every little piece of equipment that is so overpriced. It isn't funny. Then there's a 2 year contract. They really took advantage of my dad who is legally blind and try to make you feel like you need things you don't. Plus he was told there would be a camera and there wasn't unless you paid for them and then double your monthly fee. Damn. Either way you look at it you're getting ROBBED!!!

Protect Your Home expert review by Erin Raub

Partners with ADT for monitoring services. Choose from 5 packages for $27.99-$58.99 a month. Systems are professionally installed with home automation options and 3-year contracts.

• 24-hour installation: Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day.

• Inexpensive installation: When purchased with monitoring, home monitoring equipment is included in the price, so customers only need to pay an inexpensive installation fee.

• Beyond burglary protection: Monitoring services include fire, carbon monoxide, flood, smoke and break-in alarms.

• Theft Protection Guarantee: The ADT Theft Protection Guarantee covers up to $500 towards a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed. Interested consumers should contact the company to learn about restrictions.

• Battery backup: When the power goes out, homes still need protection from break-ins or emergencies. With a battery backup system installed with each alarm system, homeowners can leave with confidence, knowing their home is safe and secure.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
    Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Protect Your Home Company Information