Protect Your Home

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Compare Home Alarm & Security Systems

Research top Home Alarm & Security Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our technician was knowledgeable and worked with us to do the best package according to our needs. He was not too friendly or warm but did meet our needs as far as the alarm system goes. The whole process took about 5 1/2 hours and he taught us how to utilize it and where to call if we had any questions or concerns. The customer service rep was very kind and helpful but no one seemed to explain the Visa cash back process and I just assumed it would be mailed to me. I am very happy with my alarm but definitely would've appreciated more detailed information during the whole process.

I really don't know where to start. Our technician was extremely nice and also very thorough! He went over everything and answered all our questions, even when we asked them twice! Gave demonstrations of the equipment and explained everything until we were comfortable. We have a great level of comfort now!

David the Security Advisor was very professional and helpful. He tried everything he could to satisfy our wants and needs. The CSR that I talked to on the phone promised a lot of things that couldn't be done but David did his best to satisfy our wants.

ADT and their Primary Provider called Defenders with Protect Your Home has been a nightmare. They lied about the cost, it was the typical "bait and switch" tactic. Then they added additional fees for an electrical permit and alarm registration for a total of $132.10 and when I questioned them on it to another representative I was told they are not necessary. Would they have said or done anything about the additional charges if I hadn't questioned them, I doubt it.

I have spoken to numerous people regarding this new alarm system and every person I spoke to gave me different information; sometimes correct, sometimes not correct. Problem is who does one listen to? My recommendation is for anyone wanting a new system, don't go to Defenders Protect Your Home. Make sure you take notes when speaking to someone because no two people will tell you the same information. They will switch it around and charge for unnecessary fees.

The technician was very friendly and knowledgeable about his craft. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. He made sure I knew how to operate the system before he left and made sure I felt secure with my new alarm system. I appreciate the different options available and I feel Armando covered them really well. He was able to explain the options so I could understand the difference between them and make wise decisions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Technician went above and beyond to get the equipment installed. AT&T's server went down and he stayed over 3 hours until it was up so he could get the gear installed and not have to reschedule. He also told us about other options and we ended up with a different service based on this information. Appreciated his taking the opportunity to advise us.

Very good. Had ADT 4 years ago and dropped them because of wanting wireless. Went to another company (Protect America). Got what I paid for, finally got a great offer from Defenders and since I was no longer in contract with PA I decided to take another chance with ADT. Paying a little bit more with ADT per month, but got fantastic equipment and it's all wireless. All windows and door are covered, with PA they only had glass breakage sensors. Let's see how it goes with ADT and hopefully we will stay with you past the 3 year period. The installer (Steve **) very good and explaining things. I also want to give a shout out to Kenny for taking care of three of my windows to make it easier to use the system. Thanks guys!

Both technicians arrived earlier than the appointment time, thus, it really worked out well and not delay any plans we had had later in the day. It was explained thoroughly and when questions arose regarding various thoughts that came to mind, they were answered quickly and professionally. All in all, a very good experience. Installation took no more than 1-1/2 hrs and both thoroughly went over the entire system when it was completed.

I first spoke to Linda on the phone when I called to set up service. She was absolutely wonderful and helpful. Once she found out I had a new baby at home and had a recent break in nearby, she went above and beyond my expectations to give my family everything we needed to feel safe. I am so grateful to her. Our tech was Jared. He was very friendly and explained everything we needed to know to work our new security system, while making us laugh along the way. He made sure we knew all our options and had the equipment we needed to best protect our home and family. Linda and Jared were both great to work with!

The technician Matthew was very professional in explaining all the procedures and the benefits of the installation even returning to explain the phone connection. He was very pleasant and understanding towards our position. He is coming back again as my wife wishes to move the keypad. He has been very tolerant!!

From start to finish, so far... The experience has been wonderful. NO problems at all. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get it answered in a friendly and easy manner. I looked online to see some reviews for the company and they are not so good. I am hoping that I have a better experience than most. So far, just three days in, I am happy.

About two weeks ago, I accidentally hit my burglar alarm on my remote and immediately disarmed it. Since I was leaving when I accidentally hit the wrong button, I armed it back. I received a call from ADT asking for my pin. I could not remember my pin for anything! I gave the lady my social security number, my birth year and my pin for my alarm keypad. She then said OK and I said okay, I want to ensure that nobody will be dispatched to my home because I am leaving to work and do not want to be charged. She said that will not dispatch the police. So a few minutes later the police showed up at my home. Then I just received an invoice for $120 from the false alarm company! When I spoke with ADT a week ago regarding something else, I told the lady about the incident and she said that she would've asked for another identifying information as everyone doesn't always remember their pin.

So come today, I call and speak with three extremely rude individuals. I work in customer service and would never treat customers they way they treated me. I have been with them for over 3 years and have never called in for anything! They wouldn't help with the fee or even write a note in their system so when the false alarm company looked up the call, it would state that this was an accidental false alarm so they would waive it for me. I will NEVER use ADT again. I work for one of the largest student housing companies and will make sure that all of our residents never use ADT to alarm their apartment homes.

Word of mouth is huge! You make millions of dollars as a company and worry about $120! That is ridiculous! We waive fees and credit our residents' accounts all the time because that is what you do in customer service. I am appalled and will be cancelling my contract and will be sure to let everyone know to stay away from ADT. I will be sure to write this review on every website and social media site that I can.

The service tech was very professional, he took the time to walk me through every detail of the system. He also answered all of my questions I had about the system. He was very good with the kids in the house as well. I would definitely recommend ADT to anyone who asks about a good quality security system.

Initial call with customer service rep - George ID#** was exceptional. He was immediately aware of the offer I had received in the mail, and was knowledgeable about products, packages, and listened to my needs. He was also aware that I had been a previous customer and thanked me for my previous business. I found the entire phone experience to be refreshing especially because receiving this kind of exceptional customer service treatment to be rare with other companies. The installer arrived as promised. He attempted to install a cell service alarm system. After several attempts, he confirmed what I knew about my location (I live in a cell signal dead zone), but was able to revert back to the original plan of installing a broadband alarm package. So far, have been pleased with performance and service.

You couldn't have asked for more professional team. Dan was great at the install. Set system quickly, went over everything like a professional. Great knowledge base of the system, how it works and features/benefits. We had one issue that caused a second visit. The young man was great and it was a breaker box and not the install that caused an issue. Responsiveness on the phone was key! From first contact great job and done better than Slomin's ever could.

The first contact I had from ADT was with the manager, when I called to get general information regarding home security. Unfortunately, I do not remember his name even though he did tell it to me. This gentleman was very patient in answering all of my questions and spent 1'30'' with me. Because of him I decided to have a someone from ADT come to my house. I misunderstood what was going to happen. Andrew ** came to my house to review my contract and install the equipment. I thought I was going to compare the ADT product with another company, and he would tell me exactly what I needed once he saw my house.

I explained this to Andrew and he very patiently and calmly said that was o.k. and he review my contract and did a walk through with me. I expressed my concern about monitored cameras and he went so far as to show me online what I could purchase to satisfy my security needs regarding cameras. He understood that I will not carry my phone with me to view my cameras. Over 4 hours passed after Andrew entered my house, took care of my concerns, and my security system was up and running. Comparing ADT to another company was not even an issue. Andrew ** was a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to help out a customer.

I was highly impressed with everything to do with ADT and Protect Your Home. The customer service reps were very nice and professional, the managers that I spoke to helped me out a lot in understanding what all they had to offer and the tech that came and installed for me was super nice and professional. I am so happy that I made this change and got my home protected with them. I feel like I joined a family. Looking forward to being a protect your home customer for life.

Blair (Defenders) was very nice, helpful, patient, and clear on how to use the system. He even took his shoes off voluntarily (most contractors track mud through the house and don't care). We received a thorough introduction to the system and the main features. Highly satisfied with our service and the system so far.

I had an installation from an authorized representative of ADT. The sales representative failed to turn in my contract resulting in harassing, annoying collection phone calls from ADT during the first 60 days of my home installation. I called ADT who indicated that I should call "their authorized representative dealer" to resolve my issue!! I balked at doing leg work for an issue that was caused by nothing I did nor bore responsibility for. I eventually contacted their authorized "premier" service provider only to discover that the sales representative who came to my home failed to turn in my service contract; therefore, no signed contract existed - except for the customer copy I received at time of alarm installation.

What happened to my contract? Why didn't the agent sales rep turn in my paper work? Why did I receive collection calls thru no fault of my own? WHY DOES IT TAKE 60 DAYS for contract information to be linked to customer accounts in order to be charged the correct billing rate? What kind of company is this? #ADT now in the top 2 rating for the worst service provider in America.

On time, polite, neat, and very professional! If he were my employee I would give him a raise. He explained and demonstrated the equipment very well, so when he left, we felt confident we knew all we needed to know to protect our home.

The installation and activation process was fantastic. Our rep came promptly and thoroughly went over everything in detail, providing us with confidence and peace of mind. He was courteous and conscientious about our needs for security and was understanding about what we wanted or didn't want in our system. Also, when we called for our consultation and installation, I thought it may take weeks to get an appointment, but we got one within a couple of days. Overall I'm extremely happy with our start with ADT and with the great staff.

We had Danny from ADT come and install. He was very personable and friendly, very efficient and timely. I am completely satisfied with this experience! Danny showed us how to use all the equipment including the new app on our cell phone. He was absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend this gentleman for future jobs! When I received the call from ADT regarding the quote the two gentlemen I spoke with (I don't remember their names but one was a manager), were so incredibly helpful, understanding and you could tell cared about their customer and their happiness as well as budget. In the 4 days I have had the system I am so impressed and grateful for their business than the 4 years I was with the other security company. I'd highly recommend ADT to my family and friends.

Absolutely Horrible experience. I signed up for the 27.99 service. I told them before they came I didn't have a phone. He never came with a different box, it was always the one he had in his hand so I assume it was the 27.99 service. Never during entire process was I told I was going to pay 58.00 a month. They get you to sign on a laptop so it's my fault I didn't see the price had changed and never once did he mention the price... Dirty business practice. I turned off my cc and will let that sit on my credit report until the day I die. Even though they screwed me they get 75% of monthly bill for 36 months. I have done business with a lot of companies, I own one myself and never have a seen a company so dirty in my LIFE.

The installer (Michael **) was very prompt and extremely cordial. He was patient with our questions and gave us clear and professional instructions. We feel completely reassured by our decision to install and appreciate that we were able to test and confirm the system's operation and implementation. We recently journeyed out of town and had total peace of mind even while we were gone. We would not hesitate to recommend ADT to anyone who asks or needs this type service.

Nathan was very thorough. He explained everything. He didn't mind repeating the information several times until we understood everything. He demonstrated and gave us an opportunity to practice. He was very knowledgeable and kind. Kindness and patience go a long way with me. He understood what we wanted and gave us the protection we needed.

The installer did a great job explaining each product available to me. He was very thorough and friendly. The only thing that was not explained was when I selected my billing date being told that the first bill was going to include a prorated month and a month ahead of time. But that was figured out really quick by me creating a login to ADT's website and looking at my bill. Otherwise it was all great!

I was the victim of an attempted break-in. I have never been so scared in my life. Every time I would walk past "that window" I would almost vomit. I didn't want another monthly expense but ADT from the initial call for help to the installer taking his time and explaining each detail on a steamy hot day really eased my mind and made me feel whole again. Their customer service is amazing. Reps were polite and patient.

I called and asked on an ad/special that was on Nextdoor for my neighborhood. Pretty typical sales pitch very efficient. ADT sent a guy named Seth ** out to my house. I was very impressed with Seth as he was very patient with me and knowledgeable. He was excellent at his job because he listened to my concern and my uncertainty. I have never had an alarm before and was not totally sold on the idea. But he worked through my indecision and doubt and again was very patient with showing me how to use equipment. Seth is ADT as far as I am concerned.

The technician did an all-around outstanding job. He arrived exactly on time at the beginning of the "window" for the call. He took us through the whole house when doing his survey for the recommended protection our home needed and explained everything about the capabilities of the current security technology which would be best for our particular home configuration. He did a great job educating us on using the system and downloading and using the Pulse application for our mobile devices. Also, he performed the installation in excellent time, explaining everything he was doing, and then testing the installed equipment to be sure everything operated as required. This was a great experience for us.

I finally feel so safe with having an ADT system. The technician, Ben **, couldn't have been a better fit with me. I enjoyed him so much and felt very comfortable with him in my house. I have wanted a home monitor system for some time, and now I can get a great night's sleep knowing that I am protected.

Protect Your Home Company Profile