toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

My husband talked to a Protect Your Home rep on April 5 about getting home security since we travel a lot. By April 7th equipment was completely installed and everything working fine. We were promised 2 of the $100 dollar visa card but found out it wasn't approved by the manager. Well needless to say I called them on the 8th and spoke to multiple people, that was annoying. I was on the verge of cancelling. Upon telling them that, they authorized the 2 visas and even sent them by mail without me having to mail in the $5/each processing fee. So far they have lived up to their words and have tried to make every complaint right by us. Bill is what they said it would be and comes out of our account monthly. I honestly have no complaints. This is my honest review of this company and the experience I personally have had.

The install was great. The guys were great. The initial phone call was not so good. They promised everything was free except that the monthly service fee. Then when they came out they said that it would cost several thousand. We had to negotiate at the premises which was upsetting. However the installers were great.

Total experience in less than 1 month. Have had several problems: System not working correctly, check amount being changed and more taken out of account, being overcharged for monthly fees and some windows not sensored due to lazy techs not knowing how to sensor older windows.

I received a flyer in the mail, I called to get details and was told I would get 15 pre-wired sensors (I didn't know what pre-wired was and it was not explained to me). I was under the impression the entire time I was getting 15. The only reason I went on with this was because the nice guy that did the install had come from Phoenix City and had already installed the system and was about to do the sensors and he started asking me where I wanted them and I was still under the impression I was getting 15 so I proceed to tell him and he was like "Nooo. You're only getting 7." I let him go ahead and I wasn't arguing because this was not his fault. Had I known it was only 7 I would not have went along with this deal.

Beginning with the call made to inquire about ADT I was impressed with the knowledge of the sales representative and their helpfulness. The technicians that came to install the system were very professional and helpful. They asked for my input regarding equipment placement and were clean, no messes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

I was pleased with the installation process however very displeased with your billing process. I was not even installed and billed upfront for fees and my account which I set up on Autopay was billed immediately for services. I was not happy with the customer service representatives either and was shocked to learn that the ADT Service was a Authorized Dealer and not ADT itself. I am also not pleased with the Reward Redemption process which is tedious and time consuming.

Ray provided us with a excellent risk analysis, professional installation and learned training in the operation of our protection system. I thought a concise statement reflected the summation of excellence which the whole experience has become. I am very pleased.

Installer was polite and thorough, but the process took over 4 hours to 7:00PM. Installer was understandably tired and did not take enough time to fully explain how to understand and operate the system. Two door sensors have been going off even though the doors have not been opened. We have been waiting for 2 days for tech support to call us to set up an appointment as promised by the ADT agent. Strangely, the installer came within four hours on the same day I requested an estimate, but tech support has still not called after more than 48 hours. That is not good customer service!

The installation process and the equipment are fine. What I did not like was the discrepancy between what the salesperson whom I talked with described as the equipment and charges versus what was presented by the installer. It remind me of a bait and switch tactic. Don't tell people you get 15 wireless units for $99.00 when that is not the case! I wanted a security system and I did get yours because I was vulnerable and grieving at the time but I do not have a good feeling about your company and would tell anyone who ask me to be wary of your sales pitch.

I ordered and had installed an ADT alarm system by your company. The ordering experience was fairly easy and the folks I spoke to were very nice. The installer did a great job of explaining how to use the system and what other options were available. Overall, I am very happy with all of the services I received. Thank you.

I found their staff to be on time, courteous and understanding. They called back when I needed them to. They also were very reasonable with prices. They honored the customer well. I recommend them for an alarm system. My family feels safe with their system which is up to date in the world of alarms. They are straightforward with their product and are honest.

I was very pleased with the installation and instructions on my new monitoring system. The whole process was explained prior and went very smoothly. The tech was on time, and put my concerns into creating a system that was right for me.

More money than I expected. They added equipment but what I thought would be a few hundred dollars extra was five times more expensive. The installation went great. I feel the special was not accurate. So far it seems easy enough to use.

Salesman/technician arrived at 9:00am and left at 2;00pm. He spent 2.5 hrs trying to sell us on things we didn't need or want. He reduced the price several times but with no success. He was not very happy that he could not sell an 80 couple something they didn't need. There is no way that I would sick this salesman on any of my friends or neighbors. I view this trick as nothing more than a 'bait and switch' operation. The salesman did suggest that as far as security was concerned we ought to buy a gun. Maybe I will.

Your company is not loyal. You installed a system I did not ask for and you overcharge me. When you send another technician to change the system, she wants to remove the actual system, leave a hole in my wall and put another system in the back room.

I agreed to the install only because Landon assured me that corporate would send out a tech to install my doorbell that Comcast had disconnected! I feel that Landon misrepresented your company, and lied to me, only because he wanted the install!!! I am not happy with how he handled things, and I am also not happy that when I tried to cancel service because he lied it was past your 3 day time limit. Also, your customer service rep on the phone Arneetrice was very rude to me. She didn't even want to try to understand that I do not have a doorbell that was promised from your company. I will be contacting my attorney and filing a damage claim.

After the second installer was here the system was finally installed the way I ordered. After he had left we discovered we had no phone service. Called phone company, next day repairman found installer #2 had left a wire disconnected, now facing an 85.00 phone company charge. Look elsewhere.

The young man who installed my system was very professional and helpful. He did a good job of explaining what my options were and what would be best for me. He was very patient while I continually went over the operation of the keypad.

I wanted the technician to assess our system for takeover. What I was told and promised on the phone was not what the tech came up with. He could not tell till he installed the panel and keypad that he couldn't connect our existing smoke/heat sensors as well as our inside and outside sirens. There were also additional charges for the translators and the additional touch screens. Instead of saving money and despite all of the applied credits, I owed over $2000 which was mostly for replacing sensors which I could accomplish at a much lower cost. The system is cellular and doesn't work with phone lines.

I feel like was scammed. You were running a special of 27.99. But that was only a come-on. To get wireless was extra. To get the necessary equipment was extra for every piece. I had to pay $497.95 immediately. The monthly payment was more than twice what I was expecting. Someone made a mistake entering my address. I live in a house and an apartment number was added to the address. I had to be home to receive new papers with the correct address which took time out from my work. I am extremely upset about this. Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I had to call and request my stake sign and stickers. I have not received them yet.

Our Installer, Kyle, was prompt in appearing for our scheduled service. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in ensuring that we had all of our bases covered and making the proper recommendations to fit our needs. He was thorough during the installation and activation process and let us confident in knowing how to operate our system before his departure. While in our home, he was polite, personable and very courteous throughout everything. We couldn't be happier with the level of service provided during our appointment and installation!

I had ADT installed just a month ago through an Authorized ADT dealer with DEFENDER. After reading my contract thoroughly a few days later, I had a lot of questions because the contract was not what dealer told me at time of sale. One of my door sensors quit working (28 days after install) so dealer came out to fix it. The sensor had been improperly installed on door by trainee he had with him at time of installation (I guess he didn't oversee trainees work). Just a quick adjustment of sensor placement and my system is now fine.

When Dealer came at 6:15 PM (appointment was to be between 11 and 3) to fix my door sensor, his breath smelled of alcohol. I don't want anyone coming into my house to deal with security issues while under the influence. Don't know what to do about that issue. I asked him about specific items in contract that troubled me: 90-day limited warranty and QSP (Quality Service Protection) specifically. He told me Pulse1 has "lifetime warranty on equipment" and that I had "QSP automatically with Pulse1". I pointed out in contract where it specifically says I only have a 90-limited warranty and must ask for QSP (and pay for it). He continued to insist that the contract was wrong and to ignore it. I really tried to get the Dealer to understand that I believe I am legally bound by the specifics of the contract and cannot rely on his verbal statements or promises.

From conversations with ADT customer care, I was told that after 90 days, my contract is transferred from Dealer to ADT. She confirmed the need for QSP if I was concerned about equipment malfunction. Yet the Dealer is telling me I automatically have QSP with Pulse1 contract and "lifetime equipment warranty". The contract does not say either of those things.

I don't know what to think. Is dealer purposely misrepresenting things to me? Why is he telling me items in the contract I signed are "wrong"? I believe I am legally bound to the specifics of contract. Anything he says verbally contrary to contract is not enforceable. If I do not obtain QSP before end of 90 days limited warranty, I will have to pay out of pocket for all service calls and all equipment repair/replacement. With a malfunction just 29 days after install, I am not sure I can be confident I won't have expensive equipment replacement issues over the next 3 years.

There is language in contract that says at the end of the first year of my 3-year contract, my "annual service charge" can be changed within just 10 days notice. Yet nowhere in the contract is there an "annual service charge" mentioned. It only has "monthly charges". Dealer was unable to answer my question about that. I have deep concerns about my contract.

I am very confused about which entity (ADT or DEFENDER) I am supposed to contact and who I actually contracted with for which services. There are multiple different phone numbers in the contract and very hard to determine who to call for what. The contract has requirements that all things must be done in writing by U.S. mail but I do not even know what address I am supposed use (ADT or DEFENDER). I have a myADT account but apparently service appointments for Dealer are not communicated with ADT or myADT system.

I originally responded to a special mailer to get ADT system for just $27.99 a month and $850 "free equipment". I just purchased my first home and wanted a security system. I tried a 30-day free trial with another company but returned it after two weeks as it did not meet my needs. When the "Authorized Dealer" arrived for appointment, he immediately installed the keypad to my wall and we hadn't even discussed any specifics. (A pretty sneaky way to be sure I sign a contract.) The $850 "free equipment" was just the Impressa keypad, two door/window sensors, an indoors motion detector and a keyfob (plus yard sign and window stickers). That is woefully inadequate to protect any home and cannot possibly cost $850. I wanted every door and window to have a sensor. I didn't need indoor motion detection.

So after adding 8 sensors, an outdoor siren, three smoke detectors, two 2-way keyfobs, and emergency pendant, the total amount I owed for equipment was over $1200, payable at $307 a month for four months and a monthly monitoring fee of $52.99. What happened to the $850 free equipment and $27.99 monitoring advertised? Yes, I did have 3 business days to cancel the contract I signed but I really wanted ADT monitoring system that met my needs so did not cancel despite the financial hardship for the next 3 months to pay for equipment. So am I very anxious and confused about the contract I signed and what the Dealer is telling me. I do not know what to do about it.

Worked fast and well to install my system and get it running plus helped me on knowing exactly how much I would spend. It was done on time and they even showed up early to start earlier instead of near the end of the day.

Have David call me... He has my number. You are confusing me. Please check your records. David was wonderful and explained everything. I would recommend ADT and David to anyone. If there is anything else you need to know, please e-mail me immediately and I will acknowledge via e-mail. Thank you sooo much!!!

Before installing the system, A LENGTH OF WORK TIME should be told to the customer. Perhaps an earlier time of day may have allowed PRACTICE time. More time is needed for a customer to PRACTICE the use of the communication devices AND to ask questions.

Although my wife was excited to get her new house alarm, as our daughter has in her home, we can't help but have a major concern. The inside garage door contact is malfunctioning. We have had the technician here and he said it was fixed. He wasn't gone a hour and the same problem arose. We now have to set a bypass to set our alarm, plus we have to wait another few days for a return repair... I don't get it. You have our money... now wait. Not Happy!

Our installer was great and answered all our questions. I called him the next day also and he took the time to answer more questions I had. I do wish we could have been given a lawn sign at the time of install instead of waiting for it to be mailed. Like that we have a week to test before going live.

Lonny was very informative and very pleasant to do business with. Equipment is very user friendly and we can leave home feeling secure. So far our experience with the business has been great. Would recommend your company to all our friends and family.

So, I signed up with ADT. After ruining my house (see pictures provided) they told me that they won't fix or reimburse me for the damage they made while installing until I pay for two estimates! In the photos you will see three large holes to a support column, three drill holes around the monitor, and a cord that is supposed to be ran inside the wall, but for some reason is on the outside and stapled to my floorboard. There is also a photo where the installer apparently forgot to put the other part of the sensor in my window.

Anyways, needless to say I was dissatisfied and have received nothing but rude customer service along the way. I set a time for them to remove my alarm that day. They cannot do this in the late afternoon at a convenient time for normal people, so I changed my work schedule and did 11 am to 3 pm. No one showed up! I got a call at 5:30 (2.5 hrs) later saying they were on their way. You would think I would have been called earlier. Sorry this is long, but please do not use this company. You are just a number.

My daughter called to set up the security system as I was distraught after a very traumatic break-in and was told during installation changing the account to my name would be no big deal. Well that has not been the case at all and I am still three weeks later having trouble changing it. Very disappointing.

Protect Your Home Company Profile