Call toll free
4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews

05/02/2019

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

06/06/2019

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$52.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

1361 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

WOW! That's all I can think to say. The serviceman was so knowledgeable. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and has only the best intentions for the home and family he is serving. He was dressed nicely and made me feel comfortable about having him in my home and around my children. He made sure I was very aware of how to use the system and asked me multiple times if I had any questions. He didn't seem rushed or stressed. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and waited patiently for my arrival.

He was appropriate and personable. I really enjoyed his conversation as he worked diligently to install all of my hardware. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this person and how pleasant he was to work with. I was amazed at the difference in installation service I received with ADT compared to Vivint. I feel I have received what I need to keep my family safe. I'm hoping my years with ADT will be completely different than with my last provider. Thank you for hiring great members of society to represent your company!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The installation and activation was conducted by Evan **, one of the sweetest Christian young men I have ever met. He was very professional and thorough. I received your brochure in the mail within a few days of my husband's death. I was especially interested in the doorbell video camera. BUT, I am disappointed that the doorbell must be rung in order for me to receive an alert. My sister has a system that alerts her when anyone approaches her door. That is a feature you should add.

Since I do plan to be away from home more often, I am very pleased to have the smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detectors through your system. My log home could burn rapidly if detection was delayed. My home also has a lot of glass, so Evan's explanation of the glass breakage sensors made me aware of that issue. He also told me I should not have tools so readily available in my storage room, so I am moving those! My husband was a retired law enforcement officer and certainly helped me be more aware of possible dangers. I truly felt Evan was concerned for my safety and I appreciate his care and concern.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our tech was great. Friendly and helpful. Knew what he was doing. On the other hand however, ADT should be more upfront about costs. It should be made clear that you have to buy *expensive* equipment out of pocket. Also, advertising monthly rates at $27 dollars a month only if you have a landline service is a joke. You know almost no one has this anymore so at the end of agreeing to financial aspect of everything you inform people that it'll actually cost close to $60 for the "cellular" service.

All that is a little deceptive. But, to top it off your promo of a $100 gift is also not clearly explained beforehand. It requires a cashiers check for $4.95. One, really? A cashier's check? Two, this seems to be set up this way to create a hassle in the hopes people don't follow through with it. Overall though, I haven't had any issues with the service so I can't complain about that. Just be more upfront with costs. We were expecting to pay nothing and ended up with a nearly $2,000 bill.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I never received a text or phone call to notify me the technician was on their way. The technician was in his personal vehicle, not an ADT one. I understand it was a late call for him but, he was quick and efficient with the install. He also got us most of the equipment we needed minus one glass breakage monitor that should be in the garage but, also kept our cost down. As for telling us what he was doing while figuring out what equipment we needed (doing the paperwork) and what he was going to install, he was quiet until it was time to install them all.

My wife was and still is confused about the whole thing and the billing. From what I gather, when we gave our credit card number during the initial call, is that it would give ADT the ability to have the charges applied after the install to expedite activation. We just received our statement in the mail and I must say, I am making a call Monday 12/3 to clarify the details of charges already billed. Other than that, my wife now feels a bit safer than before.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The two gentlemen who came to my home were friendly and very efficient. I have nothing but a good report on those men. A YEAR AGO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!!! At to the service that I had with you a year ago under my husband's name... that is a whole other story. I was very disappointed in my service a year ago. I had all new windows and doors put in my home so I needed new sensors on sliding glass doors and on new crank out windows. Mind you my had my service with you faithfully for 5 years automatically debited from my checking account. So when I need this update, I was told it would cost me $1500.00. I said no way. The ADT customer service person informed me this is the way it would be. So, I discontinued my service for a year. If that had been handled as easily as this install has been handled then there would have been no lapse in my service with ADT. I am very satisfied with my service in 2018, but not in 2017!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: July 21, 2019

My recent experience was great. The technician went above and beyond to make sure my system was set up correctly. There were some issues he encountered but he worked through them and continuously provided me updates until it was resolved.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The technician who came to our home was very knowledgeable about the system and took the time to explain it to us, and he was very friendly. I was contacted after the install to ensure we received instructions on how to operate the system. I was also contacted several days later to make sure everything was going well. Great company to work with. They care about their customers.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have been with ADT for about a year now and the service has been great. It's nice to have reliable security and peace of mind. We recently moved to a new place and the service provided was great. Our tech Sam was on time, professional and was able to answer all of the questions I had.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Very automated process, on the phone and during the install. Installation was great. The installer (Ray) did an outstanding job. The system is easy to use and understand. No complaints about any part of it. I would recommend ADT to anyone looking to secure their home.

Original review: June 26, 2019

There was a trespasser in my driveway. The camera only recorded 30 secs and turned off and never turned back on. I called customer service and the first time the agent lied to me and said she we send an email on how to fix the problem. The email never came. I called back and the next agent forwarded me to a tech. The tech said this cannot be done. He forwards me back to an agent which never picked up the phone. In the meantime my child’s bike is gone. And I have nothing to show but a person walking into my driveway. Some of the people that work for ADT are in fact not professional and lack common empathy.

Original review: June 26, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!! They installed everything, and it seemed alright. Then we noticed the installer took our home keys! I called back to get the locks changed, but all they offered to do was return the keys. The installer returned 3 days later with the keys, but we were not home. I said that having someone with keys to our home and knows our alarm codes is not providing the home security services they offered. It took over 4 hours on the phone to get them to agree to change the door lock. Seven days later, and still do not have the changed lock, and our keys are still out there!!!

Secondly, the install removed sensors from our home and then sold them back to use!!! This was $500 in extra charges for devices we already owned, and work with the system we got from them!!! This was a VERY intentional deception to increase the sale price of the system, and theft of personal property from my home without permission!! Stay away!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

The Tech that came to install system was very courteous and took the time to make sure I understood each and every step. Went over all equipment, etc. to make sure it was item that I needed. A Gentleman all the way. When he left I felt I was very secure with the new system to protect my home.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I quit AT&T because my equipment was 10 years old and service wasn't the best. Was I wrong!! I switched to Vivint... After 2 months, the system was NOT completely installed and I was having 5 or more sensors failing, almost DAILY. After DOZENS of calls, they canceled my contract and are supposed to come get the equipment... ADT has installed my system and Vivint hasn’t picked up their STUFF, Yet (May 1 – June 19).

Original review: June 15, 2019

Very knowledgeable and helpful engineer. Stayed until very late in the evening to complete the install as the original engineer was not able to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, meaning ADT honoured their promise to install on the agreed day.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience. I feel very safe now and have been using the system for a week. It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made. I signed this contract and agree to use your services because of him. Thank you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased ADT about a year ago. I bought many extras because I have extra windows and doors. I got married this year so sold my house and now share a home with my husband who already had a security system. Even with these circumstances, they wanted me to pay something like $869 to get out of my contract. They did go down to $600. The saddest part is the buyers of the house called them to take over my contract and ADT would not let them. The new owners had to sign another three-year contract and I think an additional sign-on fee. But originally I was told the buyers could just take over my contract.

Original review: June 5, 2019

So far everything is working out well. Did not know that there were going to be holes left in the walls for me to repair after the installation was done. The installation took longer than I thought it would. But the person that installed the system was very friendly as well as professional throughout the entire process.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had a great experience with the tech guy. He was personable & patient with me. He explained the different plans and equipment function/prices thoroughly to me. Also, showed me how to register and installed my app on phone & computer.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Jon was very helpful and courteous! Very efficient in Installation abilities and his accomplishments. He was also very helpful in answering our questions during and after. Jon was also friendly and educated us about our new security system. Highly recommend him for future installments. Thank You!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed an agreement with Guardian Protection because the new home already had the system installed. They missed and rescheduled the appointment to help me set up a new passcode and then missed the rescheduled appointment. Their next available appointment was nearly three weeks out. After two weeks of trying to get in on a cancellation and still having to wait at least another 7 days, I cancelled their service and called ADT. The next morning, you completely replaced the current alarm system and had me with exactly what I wanted - less than 23 hours after ending my phone call. I was leaving the next day for a conference out of town and finally felt safe that my new home was protected. Louis was fantastic. He explained everything, was friendly and courteous, and worked as a partner in my home security - not a vendor. Thank you!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Installation of ADT alarm system - We were very happy with Brandon **'s installation and customer interaction. He was always patient and responsive to any and all of our questions and assisted us many times over with the use of the new camera/doorbell. Also the people I got when I called customer service were always friendly and helpful.

Original review: May 21, 2019

ADT did a wonderful job installing my alarm system. My tech "Am" was very polite, friendly, professional and knew what he was talking about as he explained the equipment to me. He told his time and went over every detail and showed me how to work my alarm system and also downloaded my ADT Pulse app, so I can arm and disarm from my phone.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Rusty my technician was very friendly, and polite. He also was very knowledgeable about the product. There was a little confusion on my package and pricing, compared to what I was told by the sales representative when setting up my appointment, but Rusty called his supervisor and had it worked out in just a minute. Overall I got everything I already had and then some. I also had a couple of false alarms after Rusty left which I thought was odd but response time was good and haven't had any sense. I already feel safer than I did with my last security company, and me and my family couldn't be happier.

Original review: May 19, 2019

We have been customers of ADT for 29 years. A recent interaction with 2 tech visits and 2 follow up calls to Kristen left us less than satisfied. Until we called and got Marcus on the line who assured us that hardwired fire detectors are powered by electricity and shouldn’t die, as well we have a home generator. Thanks for your professional opinion that the alarm was more than likely related to a power surge and saving us $300 even though we have a service plan. After careful thought, we remember the electric company was shutting off power sporadically for tree service. ADT needs more people like Marcus.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Very thorough and professional consultation and installation. I was presented with all available alternatives and was helped when choosing the most appropriate for my needs. The sales/installation rep was courteous, knowledgeable and not pushy. I only selected what I needed.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I spoke with a customer service manager Anthony who promised me severe discounts on equipment and that he could accomplish our needs for $28.99 per month given that our current security system payment was $33 per month. He said he would enter our account in as a "take Over" account to accomplish this. The installers were great and the equipment discounts were granted as promised. However, the monthly cost was $59.99 and there was no ability to grant me the $28.99 the manager I set the appointment up with promised me.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The ADT tech that was here at my home were very nice and caring. My only problem I have is that I can't get any paperwork online. I was promise a promotion gift card of 100.00 and I don't have or can't get it online so I need help with that.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Our technician, Victor ** was most excellent and did a top notch job of installation. We had a problem with one of the fire alarms malfunctioning but this was addressed immediately. Our experience with him and others from ADT so far, so good and all is well.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The only problem I had is the installer did not leave specific details on my system. He only left general flyers.

1. No Order number.
2. Written description of difference between setting alarm while in the house and outside house.

3. Is there a way to disable Motion detectors to leave my big Dog in the house.

See attached example of a drawing.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Our tech came out and was very sweet and informative. More personable than I thought he would be, which opens the door to me feeling comfortable asking all questions without feeling dumb. I would recommend them any day, as they have been very professional!

Protect Your Home Company Information