Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews

05/02/2019

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

06/06/2019

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$52.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

1362 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

WOW! That's all I can think to say. The serviceman was so knowledgeable. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and has only the best intentions for the home and family he is serving. He was dressed nicely and made me feel comfortable about having him in my home and around my children. He made sure I was very aware of how to use the system and asked me multiple times if I had any questions. He didn't seem rushed or stressed. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and waited patiently for my arrival.

He was appropriate and personable. I really enjoyed his conversation as he worked diligently to install all of my hardware. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this person and how pleasant he was to work with. I was amazed at the difference in installation service I received with ADT compared to Vivint. I feel I have received what I need to keep my family safe. I'm hoping my years with ADT will be completely different than with my last provider. Thank you for hiring great members of society to represent your company!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The installation and activation was conducted by Evan **, one of the sweetest Christian young men I have ever met. He was very professional and thorough. I received your brochure in the mail within a few days of my husband's death. I was especially interested in the doorbell video camera. BUT, I am disappointed that the doorbell must be rung in order for me to receive an alert. My sister has a system that alerts her when anyone approaches her door. That is a feature you should add.

Since I do plan to be away from home more often, I am very pleased to have the smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detectors through your system. My log home could burn rapidly if detection was delayed. My home also has a lot of glass, so Evan's explanation of the glass breakage sensors made me aware of that issue. He also told me I should not have tools so readily available in my storage room, so I am moving those! My husband was a retired law enforcement officer and certainly helped me be more aware of possible dangers. I truly felt Evan was concerned for my safety and I appreciate his care and concern.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our tech was great. Friendly and helpful. Knew what he was doing. On the other hand however, ADT should be more upfront about costs. It should be made clear that you have to buy *expensive* equipment out of pocket. Also, advertising monthly rates at $27 dollars a month only if you have a landline service is a joke. You know almost no one has this anymore so at the end of agreeing to financial aspect of everything you inform people that it'll actually cost close to $60 for the "cellular" service.

All that is a little deceptive. But, to top it off your promo of a $100 gift is also not clearly explained beforehand. It requires a cashiers check for $4.95. One, really? A cashier's check? Two, this seems to be set up this way to create a hassle in the hopes people don't follow through with it. Overall though, I haven't had any issues with the service so I can't complain about that. Just be more upfront with costs. We were expecting to pay nothing and ended up with a nearly $2,000 bill.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I never received a text or phone call to notify me the technician was on their way. The technician was in his personal vehicle, not an ADT one. I understand it was a late call for him but, he was quick and efficient with the install. He also got us most of the equipment we needed minus one glass breakage monitor that should be in the garage but, also kept our cost down. As for telling us what he was doing while figuring out what equipment we needed (doing the paperwork) and what he was going to install, he was quiet until it was time to install them all.

My wife was and still is confused about the whole thing and the billing. From what I gather, when we gave our credit card number during the initial call, is that it would give ADT the ability to have the charges applied after the install to expedite activation. We just received our statement in the mail and I must say, I am making a call Monday 12/3 to clarify the details of charges already billed. Other than that, my wife now feels a bit safer than before.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The two gentlemen who came to my home were friendly and very efficient. I have nothing but a good report on those men. A YEAR AGO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!!! At to the service that I had with you a year ago under my husband's name... that is a whole other story. I was very disappointed in my service a year ago. I had all new windows and doors put in my home so I needed new sensors on sliding glass doors and on new crank out windows. Mind you my had my service with you faithfully for 5 years automatically debited from my checking account. So when I need this update, I was told it would cost me $1500.00. I said no way. The ADT customer service person informed me this is the way it would be. So, I discontinued my service for a year. If that had been handled as easily as this install has been handled then there would have been no lapse in my service with ADT. I am very satisfied with my service in 2018, but not in 2017!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I contacted ADT Protect to install a system on 7/27/2019. The technician was at the house for 13 hours trying to complete the installation. He wasn't able to complete the installation. The technician requested for me to call on Monday 7/29/2019 to schedule a follow up service to complete the installation. During the call I requested to cancel the installation. I was transferred to account service department. Account service did not want to cancel and offered a two free months, promised to complete the installation on August 3rd 2019. They gave me an appointment window 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. I waited till 2:45 PM. No call, no show up. I had it, I called to cancel the installation. I was told since I didn't cancel the first time within the 72 hour window, even though they did not complete the installation, they cannot cancel and refund my $500 deposit. Today is August 8/7/2019 still waiting for a call back from a manager.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My recent experience was great. The technician went above and beyond to make sure my system was set up correctly. There were some issues he encountered but he worked through them and continuously provided me updates until it was resolved.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The technician who came to our home was very knowledgeable about the system and took the time to explain it to us, and he was very friendly. I was contacted after the install to ensure we received instructions on how to operate the system. I was also contacted several days later to make sure everything was going well. Great company to work with. They care about their customers.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have been with ADT for about a year now and the service has been great. It's nice to have reliable security and peace of mind. We recently moved to a new place and the service provided was great. Our tech Sam was on time, professional and was able to answer all of the questions I had.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Very automated process, on the phone and during the install. Installation was great. The installer (Ray) did an outstanding job. The system is easy to use and understand. No complaints about any part of it. I would recommend ADT to anyone looking to secure their home.

Protect Your Home Company Information