Call toll free
4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1309 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

Technician friendly. The process took the majority of the day but we were satisfied with the end result. We hoped we could of had at least 1 camera installed but it didn't work out after we had other items installed. At the end of the day we are glad we got our home protected!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Very happy with installation and everyone was very knowledgable with any questions we had about the process and how the system works and how it protects me. The installation was very professional and blends in nicely with our house and we would recommend ADT to our friends.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Very happy with Dustin, Salesman, professional and answered all questions; however, was told on the telephone that the equipment was "free". Only a couple of items were free; therefore, the cost for installation of ADT was much more than anticipated.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I called a few months ago to reactivate my alarm system. I was told they would reactivate my existing ADT Pulse equipment. The guy on the phone said it would cost me $99 to activate and that I would get $800 in credit in case I decided to add any sensors. When the tech gets there he say my equipment is not compatible any more. So he installs a new keypad. Then he says the sensor I had did not work. Keep in mind my system had not been active for only a few months. But, since he did mention the credit, if figured it would not cost as much.

He proceeds with an install consisting of 1 keypad, 2 door sensor, 2 window sensors and 1 motion. By the time he calculated everything was over $600 for installed equipment. Charge my card 2 months up front. All the door sensors are labeled wrong in the system. The app to turn off the alarm does not work half of the time. So the alarm sounds when you get in the house. I called customer service to see if they could add a time delay to the alarm. She said a tech would have to go out to do that and that it would cost $100 an hour. Then she would not answer any more questions until I gave her a pin. I could not remember so she said they would send one out in the mail, which I never received.

I would not have minded the contract terms if it were not for the fact that I got charge over $800 to install a system that was basically identical to what I already had in place. Something they just had to activate. Now I am stuck wondering if we have any legal rights out the contract since they lied and said we needed any equipment.

Original review: March 10, 2019

The technician was a little later than the scheduled time, but he explained how they were short on technicians for the day. Once he got here he was extremely friendly and explained everything that he was going to do before he did it. He also explained how to operate the system and showed us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: March 6, 2019

Mike was very knowledgeable about the equipment. He was quick and organized. He explained everything thoroughly. Mike has excellent people skills and is a real asset to your company. I would highly recommend this company. No false alarms since installation.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The technicians were very helpful in explaining everything and show a lot of patience in their explanations. They even went as far as to leave me a few notes just in case I forget what was told to me, and took their time to make sure I was satisfied with the installation.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Everything was fine with installation, etc. I have a small problem with the 100.00 Visa rebate. Upon filling out form, it is requesting 4.95 shipping and handling sent by money order or cashier's check. That's inconvenient to have to get that. Also, don't think I should be paying shipping and handling for a Visa gift card anyway. I get gift cards all the time for reward points, etc.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Sales rep was very knowledgeable and helpful in selecting products to replace the system previously installed in the home. Installer was very professional in identifying the best location for the sensors. He was very thorough in describing the use of the system. Due to current construction, the system will not go into active monitoring mode until 9 March. Seems to be an improvement over previous ADT installation.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I had ADT installed and was never told about a company called Defenders. My installer showed up in a rental car and did not have the cellular external antenna. I told the sales representative 5 or 6 times about needing this important item. The system did work for a few days then no connection. I called Defenders to come and install the antenna and took the day off work and no-show no call.

I set up another appointment and the same thing happened. Now when I called Defenders, they said I had an onsite conflict with the installer. It is very hard to have a conflict with a person who has never been to my home. So, I have no working alarm and have been told that no one will ever fix it because of the onsite phantom conflict. I told ADT I want to cancel and am told I owe them 75% of the contract. So, they keep charging my credit card, so I had to block them. Now I am being sent to collections because of Defenders. I will now need to hire a lawyer to resolve this nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The installation was done very professional. We have been instructed with all the requirements and components. It is easy to arm and disarm the Alarm. The best feature is the App from the ADT from the Apple Store to operate the system.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The person that took the appointment and the installers were very professional and easy to work with. The installers gave me a quote for what they think I should have installed. When I went over the list, there was no high pressure to attempt to get me to agree to all of it. Installation was done to a high standard and no mess was left behind.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Our Representative was very professional and took the time to explain all of the equipment. He even gave his phone number just in case we had any problems. I would recommend ADT to all of my family and friends. We finally feel safe in our home.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My wife was not familiar with security systems, but after the ADT Technician arrived and conducted some brief training, she has learned a lot about what constitutes an excellent security system. Thanks to the knowledge and experience of the ADT Technician, our home now has an excellent security system, which is at an affordable rate, thanks to ADT's financial incentives for their customers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Sean was super helpful and very kind to go through everything (even more than once) to ensure we completely understood everything and how it worked. He even showed us how to use the phone app. If we have any questions moving forward I would not hesitate to reach out to him for additional assistance. Our family definitely feels much safer now and we cannot thank Sean and ADT enough!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was very please with the professionalism with the technician, but disappointed that he didn't have all the necessary equipment to do the job properly. I also felt like I was involved in the old bait and switch routine with the coupon I received being one price but the actual price being significantly higher, I felt sorry for the technician because he knew I was right.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Great experience! The technician was knowledgeable, professional, and efficient. He even called me back a few days after the install to make sure everything was working correctly and helped explain a few things to me. I would highly recommend this company to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I feel good knowing our house as ADT again. We can leave and know our house is safe. The tech. was friendly and knew what he was doing at all times. I like the new wireless systems and that means if we move, it goes with us. ADT is number one.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I had an amazing experience! I really do feel like my home is protected. Ben was very informative about everything. He answered all of the questions I had. Time was really good too, he came and did what he needed to do and left. Very friendly and willing to help!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

To my credit card: I have a dispute with ADT. I had the service less than 24 hours, and I have had problems due to false claims made by the sales representatives and technicians. This could be considered buyer's remorse, but I believe the sales people and technicians were saying whatever I wanted to hear to get their alarm system in my house- even under false representation. I tried to cancel the service the day after it was installed (Saturday), but a representative said nothing could be done till Monday. I have been calling and emailing ADT since Monday 2-11-19. Today, the representative from ADT said they would not remove their equipment from my home and they want to penalize me $1000.00 for canceling service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Defenders/Protect Your Home is the most dishonest & incompetent company that I have had to deal with. I don’t understand why you can’t follow the terms of the contract that you created. I canceled my services within the 3 days time frame but they have refused to issue my refund for installation and equipment, it’s so ridiculous because they have removed their equipment from my home.

Every time I call them, I get different answers and get shuffled severally from their rude & unprofessional customer service. The notice of cancellation states that refunds will be issued within 10 business days of the receipt of the cancellation. They received my cancellation on the 21st of January and when you call them, they start saying it can take 30 days, that’s not what is written on the notice of cancellation. They are so untrustworthy.

After I canceled, no one contacted me, I had to call to schedule an appointment for them to take out their equipment and since then I have had to keep calling them to find out the status of my refund. When I initially called ADT to sign up, I thought I was dealing directly with ADT, it was after signing up and trying to rectify the first bill that I was charged, that I discovered that I was dealing with Protect Your Home/ Defenders. I was charged at a rate of $59.99 when my contracts states $52.99. ADT has already refunded me my January & February fees but Defenders/Protect Your Home is just giving me different excuses. Don’t even try saying that the issue is with my Bank because ADT has refunded me already. I am tired of your lies & deceits. I am frustrated with your lack of integrity. I need my full refund as soon as possible because it’s past overdue, if not I will have no other option than to take LEGAL ACTIONS against you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

ADT has really help me with their recommendations to help Protect My Home and keep my children and I secure. As a working mom with two kids, I get very stressed when I'm at work and they're alone. I would definitely recommend to any family member or friend of mine. Amazing!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Your technician/sales rep Jarvis ** was absolutely amazing. He was extremely details, thorough while not being pushy. Was able to build a relationship with him instead of just being a transaction and that was key in joining the ADT Protect Your Home family.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The entire install process was completely painless. We called your team. They explained how everything worked and what it would cost. We had an appointment quickly schedule for a date and time that worked for me. The installer arrived and was great. He was very kind and extremely knowledgeable about the system. He went over the cost of all the parts clearly, and he wasn't overly pushy with the sales stuff which is a great plus. When all was installed, he very clearly explained how to operate everything and who to contact in case of any problems. A few days after, ADT called to check in on everything and make sure we were doing well with the system. If I had one complaint, it would be the cost of the system components. Each equipment piece is dramatically inflated in price. Maybe there was some secret components that were extra expensive, but nothing seems like it should be worth as much as we paid for it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My installation tech was terrific. He took the time to make sure the equipment was installed exactly right and to explain everything he was doing along the way. He laid out all the options for me and explained each one without being pushy. My app is working terrific, the equipment is working, and ADT has backed up every promise they made to me when I chose them as my new security company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

ADT technician was very detail easy to understand. Went over everything was very polite made sure I understand all my available choices, answer all my questions with ease. He demonstrated the equipment as well. You won't believe the deals they offer. The designs of the equipment is great! My favor is the door camera which I will be purchasing soon to go along with what I did get.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Customer service was good but left out some details, also no real follow up. I think the value is good for the protection you get, would have been a better deal if informed about the phone situation. Installation was very good but no follow up on the camera placement.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

From my initial contact throughout the process through installation went smoothly and professionally. The tech that installed my home security system was extremely knowledgeable and professional. Can't imagine it going any better. Highly recommend ADT to anyone looking for a home security system.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My experience with ADT has been great so far. The technician showed up on time and took his time to explain everything I needed to know. I asked a lot of questions and he was more than happy to answer them. He was very friendly and worked fast. I am 100% confident in my alarm system and feel safe.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The technician/salesman arrived on time. He was friendly and courteous. He explained the system and answered all questions. He took time to explained each step in the installation process and installed the security system timely. He was very thorough in explaining how to arm and disarm the system. I felt comfortable that I understood the system before he left.

Protect Your Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Partners with ADT for monitoring services. Choose from 5 packages for $27.99-$58.99 a month. Systems are professionally installed with home automation options and 3-year contracts.

• 24-hour installation: Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day.

• Inexpensive installation: When purchased with monitoring, home monitoring equipment is included in the price, so customers only need to pay an inexpensive installation fee.

• Beyond burglary protection: Monitoring services include fire, carbon monoxide, flood, smoke and break-in alarms.

• Theft Protection Guarantee: The ADT Theft Protection Guarantee covers up to $500 towards a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed. Interested consumers should contact the company to learn about restrictions.

• Battery backup: When the power goes out, homes still need protection from break-ins or emergencies. With a battery backup system installed with each alarm system, homeowners can leave with confidence, knowing their home is safe and secure.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Protect Your Home Company Information