Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

Protect Your Home Get a Quote

Information from ADT on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ADT has given its installers safety equipment and special instructions to protect themselves and their customers from the coronavirus. The company is supplying disinfecting supplies to all installers and encouraging them to contact management for replacements when needed. New installer protocols include frequently disinfecting mobile devices, iPads and customer keypads, as well as wearing safety glasses at all times and avoiding handshakes. The company is also instructing installers to wipe down equipment before and after interacting with customers.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$53.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

Protect Your Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: June 12, 2020

My home has been in this neighborhood for close to 100 years. I was literally born in this home. I'll be 66 this year. We could be with our doors open. And just within the past, maybe a bit before I put the system on, like, two weeks prior to that, we saw a lot of activity going on from 12:15 to about 2:30 in the morning. And of course, we would go out. The next door neighbors would go out. The front door neighbors would go out, just to let them know that we're watching them. But the thing is that I told my husband, "We go outside, we don't know they're gonna have a gun, they're gonna shoot us."

I just finished calling the officers right now. And I said, "There's two guys walking down the street. There's a lot of activity going on. They're passing by with compressors or weed eaters." So, one is looking on one side, the other one is looking at the other side. And they're hoping to see what they will hit or when they will hit or what they will do. It just doesn't feel good. That is when I said, "That's it."

I noticed a couple of things missing. The side from the front and the front from the front towards where the house again are wide open. I have privacy fence all the way to the back. And then on the other side, my nextdoor neighbor has a chainlink. So, I've never felt like I needed a fence because I could be sitting here with my doors open. I felt safe. But now, I don't. So, every time I left the house, I was worried.

My daughter was telling me, "Why don't you do the cameras, mom, like that you can take a pic?" I said, "Well, I can barely afford this." She said, "Mom, they have specials. Just call them. Maybe they can help you to set you up with a camera." Because it so happened that my front door neighbor, somebody passed. There's a lot of activity going on that we never had before. They broke her window from the passenger side and the passenger side window and the mirror. They passed by, and they hit it with a BB gun. I said, "If I had a camera, we would have gotten the vehicle and everything." This is all new to me. I'm not used to this. We always had little things happen, but we all keep an eye on each other. If anything, I would have to buy a camera and install Brinks or whatever that you just put them on yourself and be on the phone and look at what is going on.

I was sitting outside and I kept seeing people passing by and then you could tell they're on all those drugs and stuff. So, I said no. That's when I saw Protect My Home's Ad on Facebook and I called. I know they're top-of-the-line. And then, it so happened that it was perfect timing because there was a special because of COVID. It was godsent. I'm really satisfied with the gentleman's explanation who came with the installing. It took me a bit to get to understand it, but I'm almost where I need to be as far as disarming, arming, and staying. Customer service have been very patient and very detailed. So, I really appreciate that.

The only thing that happened was, a couple of days ago, I was trying to get something from the top of the refrigerator. We're seniors, and my hands are weak. I have a fractured rib that has been a permanent thing. So, when I was going to grab that thing, it fell, and the little casing fell off, and the alarm went off. Of course, I came and disarmed it right away, and I called in. They were able to walk me except that I said, "You know what, I don't know if this is gonna work. I have to get up the ladder to climb to take off the battery, restart it. And then I didn't know how to put the lid back on." I have to go up and down the ladder because the alarm would go off. But we've been it long time. I live in Bath. As far as customer service, right away. I'm very satisfied with everything except that.

My daughters all have the systems as well. I said, it's not something that we can really afford but it's something that I feel that we need. It's more a necessity than a luxury because of the situation that's going on right now. Even though we're all neighbors, but sometimes some of us wanna travel and I go to the store and we go and work, like, "Okay, is somebody going to break in?" The system gives me peace of mind.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 10, 2020

I've seen ADT signs around and when the salesperson called, he said they would give me all these credits for the equipment. When he got here, I told him what I wanted then he told me I would have to make these huge payments until it was paid for. I figured I would pay for the equipment throughout my three years, but that was not how it worked. I had to have it paid for within four months and I wasn't told that. My monthly installments would've been $600 and that was not going to work. Once the installer got done, he talked about how much I had to pay over so many months, but I thought it would be over the term of my contract. I just purchased a new place, and $2,000 was not an option at that moment.

I ended up paying the 100 something to get the system in the house, but I felt misled on that situation by the salesperson at the beginning. Still, the installer was great. He was on point and helped me out as much as he could to get what I've gotten. I like the system, but I would definitely have liked to add some more things to it without a big blimp payment to do it. However, if that's the way it works, then there's nothing I can do about it. Also, I have the app downloaded to my phone, which is nice. I can set the alarm and deactivate it when I get home. When I would set my alarm off, they would call me and they are very responsive. When they call though, they need to ask for a passcode and if you give them the wrong one, they need to send the cops.

When I got home one day, I went in my garage and I set the alarm off. Once I figured out that my alarm was going off, I ran up to the house and deactivated it with my main controller. Someone from the company called me, but it was a little funny how that worked. She said I deactivated the alarm by my main controller and asked if everything was okay. I told her what had happened, then she said okay and that was it. I wasn't even asked to give a passcode. What if somebody was standing here with a gun to my head? Of course, I'm going to tell them everything was okay, but if something was going on, there should be a word or a phrase that alerts them without alerting the thief or whoever it is that the cops are on their way.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with DEFENDERS. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the trouble in communication and customer service you experienced. We are definitely capable of a much better job. We would like to speak with you further regarding this. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I was thinking about what I can do to improve the security and I started calling, trying to find a company that we have used in the past. I ended up calling Protect Your Home and the lady I spoke with told me the cost. It was very low. She also said, "You don't have to pay the equipment." We ended up setting up the appointment, then the technicians came. They were very nice and very professional. They were not wearing masks, but that's okay.

They gave me an estimate of what it will cost me and it was completely different to what the lady on the phone has given me when I called the first time to ADT. But then, they listened to what I had to say about why I couldn't pay the amount that they had on that. They accommodated the price according to my necessity and they sold the business. So, so far, I'm doing fine. The only problem that I'm having right now is when we have thunderstorms and lightning, sometimes the windows will vibrate, so the alarm goes off and I have to run. Other than that, I don't have a problem and I have received some correspondence for $100 credit card that the company's giving us. I have to go and find a money order, buy the money order, and send the $4.95, so I can get that amount of money.

The two gentlemen that came were very professional. They are out to sell their product. Unfortunately, sometimes, consumers don't have the money to pay what is there that they are selling. But they gave me what I needed. It was about $400 more than the initial that the lady has given me, but that is perfectly fine. When we call the company, the person on the phone could say, "You know what, this is the minimum price that we have.” Then they will assess the risk. They will look at your house and your needs, and the price may vary to prepare the person on the other side. It's not the same when you say, "Oh, it's $850 and this and that." And then when they come and put in front of you a document with $6,000 plus. I'm like, "Wait a second. You know what, I'm not rich. I'm looking for safety for the humans in the house, not because of the TVs and the things that I have, because they can be replaced."

My idea looking to reinstall an alarm in the house is because of my husband's passing. The people in the house need to be protected somehow. So I said, "Well, maybe the alarm is a great idea." I have a camera right inside the house, I have the ring on the door, but an alarm would be better because somebody will be monitoring while I go to sleep tired after a long day of work. The people that came accommodated my needs and they sold the product. I really appreciate the fact that they listened and that they were paying attention to what I was saying. It was not like, "What are we doing here? This woman doesn't have the money." They were able to help.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I used to use Moni Electronic and Protect Your Home is working better. I also had Protect Your Home a few years ago, which was one reason why I went back. Online, they had a lot to offer and it seemed like a pretty good company. The two ladies I talked to were really nice, but I was not happy with the person who installed the system. I have two doors in my garage, one goes into my washroom, one goes into my dining room. When I pull my Corvette in and open my door, I got a door right there and I can go right into my house with my dining room and kitchen. It's kinda together. I wanted my pad in-between the doorway going in my kitchen and going into my dining room. My fiance was there and told the installer that, but he drilled a hole dead center on an eight-foot wall and put the keypad in so that I couldn't put my China cabinet.

When I got to ask him why he did that, he said that was the easiest spot to get to. I said that my China cabinet was going there. Why would you put it dead center on an eight-foot wall? He could've put it closer to the door. Now, I got a two quarter-inch hole in the middle of my wall and I just got finished redoing that room. Now, I gotta do a patch and repaint that whole wall again. It's got a special paint job on it too. It's gonna cost about 500 bucks to fix.

The following week later, he hit 280, which was a silent alarm. He hit it six times on someone else's keypad but he sent the cops out and my kids were at home. They didn't answer the door because they were scared and they didn't know what was going on because the alarm never went off. It took them about two and a half hours to figure out that the guy that set my alarm was using my password to reset someone else's alarm. I wasn't happy about that.

It protects my house, but I'm not happy with the way my system was installed. All four doors are on a ringer and the other companies wouldn't do that. Now, you had to go through certain doors to get to the keypad. People come in all four doors and I got 30 seconds to get to my keypad to turn off the alarm. But it's all right. 300 bucks is pretty cheap.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with DEFENDERS. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your five star experience as well as the areas we can improve. We would like to speak with you further regarding the things that left you unhappy with your service. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

Original review: May 23, 2020

Some of my neighbors got ADT and I did some research online. We knew we wanted a security system, so we chose them. I got a mailer for a special deal. I would not have chosen them if I had not received a special promotion. It was $28 a month for monitoring. I called about it, ended up talking with a supervisor, and she even improved the benefits that were on the coupon. She expanded it from about $1,000 to $1,500 credit for whatever we ended up with for protection. She accommodated me, and she increased our benefits by 50%, so I was thankful for that.

The gentleman who came out to install the system was very knowledgeable. However, I felt like he was trying to sell us on stuff. He made a comment about how they come up with this total plan and then you work down from that. And he made the statement that he had to turn that in to the company, so he had to do that. My husband found it thrown in our recycle bin when he left. So, I’m not sure how honest he was about that. That bothered me a little.

I don’t know if he took a photo of it with his phone to send it, but he threw it away in our recycle bin. And it felt like a sales pitch, which is just like, “Yeah. I have to do this ‘cause I have to turn this in. I have to show them that I’ve presented the whole plan to you,” which we were interested in because we just wanted the minimum to meet our needs. But it was okay. He was fine about what we agreed to do. I appreciated his expertise and his advice on what would work best in different areas. He actually did a great job. He was very accommodating. I had a bit of a concern with COVID-19. Should I really have this guy in my house? He was here for about four hours installing, but he was great. He wore a mask the entire time and was very cognizant of that, and he made sure the system was done to completion. He didn't leave here until it was 8 o’clock at night so he worked really hard.

Now that we have lived with the system for about three weeks, there are a couple of tweaks that I’d like to make to it. Nothing major, but just in terms of when I want the alarm to sound outside. Maybe I can just call the installer and ask him to come back to make those adjustments. Or maybe they can do it over the phone. He gave us a business card because he said, “If you have any questions, just give me a call.” So, I thought I would start there and just see. But now, I’m quite satisfied with the system.

I would definitely recommend ADT, but it’s a bit misleading when you get this coupon in the mail and it makes it sound like you’re going to get a free security system. You would pay a fee each month, but you would get this free system. And we ended up getting a pretty basic system, and it was not free, so that was a bit of a surprise. It’s not a cheap system by any means. It’s definitely more expensive than a do-it-yourself type. But we wanted ours to be a bit different. We didn't want a SimpliSafe system or something like that. So, ADT met our needs well.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I was mislead by their 27.99 advertisement. I was misled by their technician signing my docu-sign without my knowledge. I was mislead by their 3 year contract that he signed in California instead of 2 years. I was misled by the technician adding my ADT pulse using his own password and personal questions therefore when I tried to use a new phone I could not get into the system. I was misled completely and it's been since March 18th 2020 up to now June 15 BY A BREACH OF CONTRACT.

I tried to get out of the contract since day 2 with no success for the breach of contract. I will see what they do tomorrow with a new contract they are suppose to correct and redo things that the last criminal type of technician did towards my contract. I can still go to small claims court if they continue with this problem since I have all the proof of the contract. THEY are the worst company to resolve anything with. ADT and DEFENDERS stick together to get NOWHERE with them. They advertise 30 DAY CANCELLATION and even 6 MONTHS cancellation and it is all fraud as well. Do NOT get involved with this company since it's not the SAME COMPANY it used to be with ADT. DEFENDERS INC. is using ADT AUTHORIZED PREMIER PROVIDER and it is NOT COMPLETELY related to ADT anymore. Beware of this company.

Protect Your Home response

We're sorry for your troubles, Carmen! We reached out to the management at your local area. Please allow up to 48 hours for a follow up! Thank you.

- Mazen

Original review: June 13, 2020

I had a system before, which I wasn't happy with, and I decided to switch to ADT. The rep from Protect Your Home came into my home and explained everything, then hooked the system up. He was here for about two hours. Protect Your Home will come and change my batteries when need be at no charge. That's what I like. Their customer service is better than the one I had.

Protect Your Home response

Hi Nancy! Great customer service is what we strive for with every visit, and we are so happy our team delivered upon this for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review; your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Original review: June 13, 2020

Customer Service was pretty good at Protect Your Home. We went with them and the installation of our system went great. One day, I set the system off and I got a $50 fee from the city of Lewisville. Now, I don't want to set the system anymore 'cause I'm scared. Still, the system works.

Protect Your Home response

Hi Treshuna! Great customer service is what we strive for with every visit, and we are so happy our team delivered upon this for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review; your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Original review: June 13, 2020

The sales part was not good. I spent a lot of time on the call, initially, with two different people. The first one was from when I called the 800 number and they pitched me a bunch of stuff. Then they talked to their manager and the manager came in with a special deal just for me. It’s frustrating that I spent so much time on the phone with them and then when the installer came out here, he had no idea what that conversation was. So it didn’t matter because there was no communication between the technician and the salesperson. It was all out the window. I was moving so I had a lot of other stuff going on and I couldn’t find the piece of paper I had taken the notes with during my initial sales call. So it wasn’t what I expected at all. But I’m sure that happens all the time because it seems like it was pretty routine from the way the guy was talking about it.

The service is okay and the equipment is decent. But there is probably better stuff. For example, I know there are smaller window alarm things that are more modern looking and not as bulky. I got the older version and for what I’m paying, it’s not satisfying. The price is kind of average as far as every other place but it's more than what I wanted and expected to pay, especially from the initial sales call.

Protect Your Home response

Hello Stuart- We do apologize for this troubling experience! We would like to address your concerns with you further if you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the full address in which the services are located and more information in regard to your installation issue. ~ Thank you

Original review: June 13, 2020

ADT's installers called me and came to my house to install their system. But then, they didn't say how much they would charge for the installation fee in the beginning. After I got my internet, I told them they could then install the camera. Then, they said the installation fee was 300. I replied saying that was a little too much for me. But then, they didn't tell me that in the beginning. Also, they told my wife they would give us $100 but she didn't receive it.

Protect Your Home response

Hello Pei- We're very sorry to learn of this frustration experience and would be happy to address your concerns with your gift card further! Please email our team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with more information in regard to your issue and the full address in which the services are located. ~ Thank you

Protect Your Home Company Information