Call toll free
4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1275 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The sales representative was friendly and helpful. The installation technician was also very friendly and informative. However, the installation technician provided some wrong information and tried to sell me an extremely overpriced and unnecessary system for my home and its location. The wrong information provided by the technician was that the fire department would be immediately dispatched upon an alarm activation. A phone call from the corporate office told me that ADT would attempt to contact me first regarding any alarm activation before dispatching the proper emergency response. The quality of equipment and the installation from a long standing reputable company gives me that added feeling of security that coming with having a good quality alarm system. I am glad I went with ADT.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The technician was very friendly/pleasant. Extremely patient providing info & answering questions. (I'm a senior citizen & not tech savvy). He even joked my sister to come over & learn how to operate it. I was comfortable with him being on my home.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The service technician was very nice and courteous as well as very knowledgeable. Answered all and any questions posed to him. I've had two previous alarm providers and I am very happy that I switched to ADT. I feel better protected and have more peace of mind with the ADT system. All around top shelf alarm company. Highly recommend to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The installer was knowledgeable and friendly. However I had made a deal over the phone and was supposed to receive certain discounts for over 800+ dollars for veterans. I don't think I got it. The sales pitch was a little overwhelming.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I had a security system installed and the technician was knowledgeable and efficient. He was respectful at all times. The equipment is up to date and easy to use. I feel more at ease with the safety of my home now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The service technician that came to my house was service right from the start. I was running late due to a sick child and he was very patient and forgiving. He went through and assessed the house for my needs, seamlessly and professionally installed the system, was very upfront about costs to me and what I needed for the best service possible. As he installed he explained so I had a great understanding of the system, how it worked and what I could expect. At the end he walked me through it six or seven times so I knew what I was doing and felt comfortable with the system that I now have.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Great experience that made me feel safe again in my home. I am a single mom and I was afraid to enter my home after being away and I was especially afraid at night. I live in a safe neighborhood but the fear was still there. The security system allowed me to sleep at night and feel safer for me and my son.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

So far our experience has been pretty good. We knew very little about alarm systems and everyone has taken their time to explain how the system works and what we can expect from them as far as customer service. The installer did a very nice job and made sure he cleaned up after himself. He made sure we were comfortable with the workings of the system before he left. All in all we are please with our experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Logan has explained about security options in detail. Since there was no internet at home at the time of installation technician gave the alternate option and promised switch to wired as soon as I get the Internet connection. I am very satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My experience with this installation was outstanding!!! Steve was my installer and he did a great job discussing our needs before installing. The installation and explanation of the security components was very USER friendly. From a Customer point of view I can say that the customer service experience and follow up was exceptional. I would highly recommend this service to all my friends and colleagues as well as neighbors.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was very pleased with the two technicians that installed my system. They were neat, professional and treated me and my home with respect. Both knew the products well and were not high pressured sales people. They were efficient, but didn't rush through the job. They showed up on time and both called in advance to let me know they were en route. They were careful with the install and checked with me about locations for sensors, etc. I was very pleased with the whole process.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Our account #**. Your tech James was the best tech for anything I have ever had installed at my house and my mom's; I have had satellite installed, internet, phone, cable, appliance service techs. He definitely desires an extra bonus for what he did at our house plus the distance he had to travel over an hour. We live in Sierra Vista and he came from Green Valley.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

As a new homeowner, I received an offer of a security system with a free quote and a sizable discount on the equipment. I called and asked many questions, was given a monthly fee and then arranged for a home visit. I was assured the technician would explain everything in detail and there was no obligation, but I needed to put $100 on hold on my credit card. Very long story short. They arrived and wanted to install immediately. I asked to see the contract in writing and was given a runaround. Verbally, the monthly amounts all changed more than $25 a month and I said I was canceling. They charged my credit card the $100 and I disputed it. They are now calling me and telling me I owe them money for canceling! Please note: This is not ADT but a subcontractor. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

One happy customer. I would recommend ADT to anyone (friend or family) who is looking to be extra safe and feel good about doing it. ADT is the best company and product to have to protect you and your family. Contact them today.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Our installer was very friendly, knowledgeable and patient with us as we went back and forth with what equipment we needed and helped us stay within our budget. He gave us suggestions, cost analysis and even answered the phone when we called him an hour later with more questions. He was so helpful and made us feel confident in our decision to go with ADT.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The technicians/installers where very professional. They explained everything. But the experience took quite a long time, they were at the house from 2:30 to 8:30 at night. Did not understand that the "free" door sensors were only for "pre wired" windows. Found it more expensive than anticipated, with poor terms for payment. But do love the system and cameras.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Agent was very friendly and had great customer service skills. Agent did everything to lower the cost and prices so that I could receive some service. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed that I couldn't receive the security doorbell, by me being a senior citizen I have to leave the screen security door at my resident unlocked to have packages delivered, because the doorbell doesn't work. If I get the doorbell where I can see when they come to deliver anything I will feel so much safer. But other than that I was somewhat satisfied with the services.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Your Tech was a very nice person and he went thru everything with us right down to every detail. He showed us how to use everything. Explained what about all the buttons and phabs to our outdoor security. We really like our new system.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Technician did an outstanding job and was not pushy trying to upsell additional equipment. Very competent at his job and no mess. He got me the most coverage for my money and helped me stay within my budget while helping my family feel safer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Robert explained all the services available and how it could benefit me. I appreciated his helpfulness explaining to an older person how the new technology works. (Now if I can just get the cat to quit setting the window alarms off at 3 am). We are all learning a new home environment.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The technician was respectful and thorough while explaining all details concerning the installation and activation process; he answered all of our questions to satisfaction. We consider ADT to be a smart company that practices excellent communication skills with its customers.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We received excellent service from the tech/salesman and the product is awesome! Very happy so far. He explained a plan that would be best for us. We discussed and modified it according to our need and budget. We purchases some extras and went with the more expensive plan, but I am very happy with it and glad I made this decision.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Excellent service. ADT is by far the best home Security system! Larry was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He made suggestions to me on what to install and showed me all of your products. I appreciated that and installed some of the products and I feel much safer now in my home and when I am away. The system is working perfectly.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Had the CSR either been more honest or better trained about the compatibility of your console and previous sensors, things would have been nicer. The tech had to test and test again to verify that the sensors were not initializing. However, they were professional and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Installation was a smooth process and very informative. I didn't feel pressured to purchase equipment and the technician took the time to explain everything to me. He even answered my questions when I texted and called him after the appointment.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

l was told you had wireless cameras and you don't have the as of yet. You need to be able to universally use other online cameras with this unit. Otherwise l hope that it is a relief to my worries at this address.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Excellent service with extremely careful attention to customer needs and their safety. Installation team dedicated time and their attention to setting up custom automation. Incredible attention to detail, and willingness to go out of their way to make us happy!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Excellent service and install. Would recommend. Very good representatives of the company. Explained everything clearly and stayed until completed. On time and walked thru the entire systems available with pricing and reasons why they were needed. Would have done again if needed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our tech was great. Friendly and helpful. Knew what he was doing. On the other hand however, ADT should be more upfront about costs. It should be made clear that you have to buy *expensive* equipment out of pocket. Also, advertising monthly rates at $27 dollars a month only if you have a landline service is a joke. You know almost no one has this anymore so at the end of agreeing to financial aspect of everything you inform people that it'll actually cost close to $60 for the "cellular" service.

All that is a little deceptive. But, to top it off your promo of a $100 gift is also not clearly explained beforehand. It requires a cashiers check for $4.95. One, really? A cashier's check? Two, this seems to be set up this way to create a hassle in the hopes people don't follow through with it. Overall though, I haven't had any issues with the service so I can't complain about that. Just be more upfront with costs. We were expecting to pay nothing and ended up with a nearly $2,000 bill.

Protect Your Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Partners with ADT for monitoring services. Choose from 5 packages for $27.99-$58.99 a month. Systems are professionally installed with home automation options and 3-year contracts.

• 24-hour installation: Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day.

• Inexpensive installation: When purchased with monitoring, home monitoring equipment is included in the price, so customers only need to pay an inexpensive installation fee.

• Beyond burglary protection: Monitoring services include fire, carbon monoxide, flood, smoke and break-in alarms.

• Theft Protection Guarantee: The ADT Theft Protection Guarantee covers up to $500 towards a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed. Interested consumers should contact the company to learn about restrictions.

• Battery backup: When the power goes out, homes still need protection from break-ins or emergencies. With a battery backup system installed with each alarm system, homeowners can leave with confidence, knowing their home is safe and secure.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Protect Your Home Company Information