3.95/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Protect Your Home

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

990 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Just got a call from Protect Your Home requesting payment for a "permit fee" of $31.70. I cannot believe they try and collect this after having the system for nearly 2 months. I told the agent to send me a letter explaining why this additional charge is just now being added. The first tech installed a wireless system and neglected to tell me the monthly charge was almost double for the system I asked to be installed. This is not a good reputation for ADT for the unhappy customers to deal with. If this continues I will cancel my service within the 3 month period. Be warned, this company will try and rip you off if you don't stand up for yourself.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After recently experiencing a burglary in our home while we slept, I was fearful it would happen again. I immediately decided upon ADT Security Services. The representative who called me to set up our installation appointment was very kind and understanding, listening to the details of our break in. The installer, who arrived, also very cordial and professional, explained all of our options, answering many questions I had, and allowing my husband and I to choose the level of service we wanted, without feeling any high pressure sales.

After the installation, he explained how to operate our new security system and although we were given the opportunity to not have the system activated immediately, so we could become familiar with it, we chose to have our service active later that evening, out of fear of whoever broke into our home, might return. We did have a malfunction in an outside entrance to a cellar, in our 1860 built home, several days later, and a technician came back to change the sensor to a different one.

Due to the entrance being a heavy metal door, the first sensor was malfunctioning. After changing it, it is working fine now. Before being serviced for the malfunction, I did have to call a tech rep to bypass the malfunctioning cellar door, and they were able to quickly tell me how to do so. We are extremely pleased with our entire experience with ADT and its employees and are finally feeling safe again! Thank you so much!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Installer showed up on time and thoroughly explained everything he was doing as he did it. What I most appreciated was that he explained each piece of equipment and what he determined as the best option as far as what got installed and how/why it should get installed. Upon completion he thoroughly went through the operation of whole system. Due to this we now feel secure from any potential intrusion.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Steve, our alarm installer made us feel completely comfortable with the process, answered all our questions, finished in a timely fashion and left nothing for us to clean up. In the six days since installation we have no questions on the operation of the alarm. We made the right choice in picking your company for providing and installing our alarm.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The young man that arrived at my door was exactly what any company would want representing them. More than capable, he was a welcome presence in a home. His time in answering questions, his relaxed attitude and general appearance made our experience much better than expected. He took the time asking questions and when asked he made suggestions. He was educated in statistics of his livelihood that helped in the decision process without any pressure involved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I couldn't be more satisfied with the entire experience. The sales rep/technicians were outstanding and I felt very comfortable with the system and how to use it. I called about a communication issue on 10-2-2017 and my wait time was minimal. The gentleman who assisted me was very courteous and scheduled a technician for 10-4-17. Thank you for great customer service which is virtually non-existent today.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

ADT technician was at my home today and to discuss the new security system they were selling and If I agree they will do an install. He visited my home and told me he would like to check if the signal is reachable in my home before any installation. I told him I will not be taking any installation with proper documentation and signature. He said it is just a check. He dismantlement my existing security system without my authorization and then started saying there is no power supply and he will need to move the panel, I disagreed to move the panel and after a lot of discussion decided I don't want the system and told them to put the system back to the state it was.

He put the power back and said he has not touched anything in the panel. I disagreed as I got an alert that panel was tampered. He went out and told me he will put the things back in the car and will come back and also get me with customer service to get my $100 back which they had charged before the someone come home. But, he never returned and disappeared from outside. I called many people in this business and they were rude not putting back my existing system and it in 11:20 pm EST now and my system doesn't have A/C power and my service provider is now charging in service fee to come home to fix the issue. They are fraud, what kind of service will they provide later.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Awesome tech and easy installation - The technician, Andy, was extremely friendly and helpful in setting up our security system. He took the time to explain different protection levels and how that added up for upfront/monthly payments. Finally, he even made sure we understood how to operate our security system before departing. Overall, it was an exceptional experience!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The installation involved the removal of previous alarm equipment and verification that all the ADT equipment was working correctly. The installation was handled well by Aaron, the installer, and made me feel comfortable with the new ADT system. Several features from my previous system were missing from the ADT setup, but Aaron was able to provide the chime service and voice identification capability during the installation. He made a real effort to make sure I was satisfied and trained on my new system.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

This was the first security system we have ever had so I was starting from scratch. Early on and throughout the process I was impressed with the detail, communications and follow-through. From the initial sales call the plan was discussed thoroughly with all aspects of the equipment, service and installation discussed. I did call back with questions a few times and each time I was treated very well, questions answered completely and response times were all good. Then came installation. Nate was our technician and installer. Nate is outstanding 5 Stars!! Nate, was prompt and on time, discussed all aspects of the installation in detail, and thoroughly explained all equipment, recommendations and options. And Nate's training on utilization of the system, remote, and App were excellent. No Surprises. We are Pleased and we would recommend ADT and Nate capabilities in the future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The representatives were very professional and respectful of my home and my security concerns. In the end, the package cost much more than I had expected. However, the representative did a good job to rearrange things and lower the cost and still keep our home safe. The trouble indicator came on the following day, but the alarm system is working. I need to call in and figure out what the panel issue is. Overall, I was quite pleased with the equipment, installation and the representatives. Again, my only complaint would be the cost.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Both men were courteous & efficient. Drew did the installing & Mark explained everything as it was happening. Once Mark had someone on the phone to activate the system explained what was happening along the line., explained how to work the sensors on the windows, doors, etc. So far so good. Haven't had any false alarms yet (keeping fingers crossed!).

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Lance ** stayed at our home from 9A to 5P, installing and setting everything up just the way we wanted. We were comfortable with the activation process and the cellular uplink by the time he left. There have been no alarms, so I can't speak to response time. We do feel safe & secure. We have not done a test yet, and are a little nervous about doing that.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Our technician was on time and very polite. He was here for awhile because there was a lot for him to do but he never seemed irritated or rushed. When he was finished with the installation he went over everything and even answered our questions. I wish all the technicians were this polite and prompt.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Our technician was knowledgeable and worked with us to do the best package according to our needs. He was not too friendly or warm but did meet our needs as far as the alarm system goes. The whole process took about 5 1/2 hours and he taught us how to utilize it and where to call if we had any questions or concerns. The customer service rep was very kind and helpful but no one seemed to explain the Visa cash back process and I just assumed it would be mailed to me. I am very happy with my alarm but definitely would've appreciated more detailed information during the whole process.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I really don't know where to start. Our technician was extremely nice and also very thorough! He went over everything and answered all our questions, even when we asked them twice! Gave demonstrations of the equipment and explained everything until we were comfortable. We have a great level of comfort now!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

David the Security Advisor was very professional and helpful. He tried everything he could to satisfy our wants and needs. The CSR that I talked to on the phone promised a lot of things that couldn't be done but David did his best to satisfy our wants.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

ADT and their Primary Provider called Defenders with Protect Your Home has been a nightmare. They lied about the cost, it was the typical "bait and switch" tactic. Then they added additional fees for an electrical permit and alarm registration for a total of $132.10 and when I questioned them on it to another representative I was told they are not necessary. Would they have said or done anything about the additional charges if I hadn't questioned them, I doubt it.

I have spoken to numerous people regarding this new alarm system and every person I spoke to gave me different information; sometimes correct, sometimes not correct. Problem is who does one listen to? My recommendation is for anyone wanting a new system, don't go to Defenders Protect Your Home. Make sure you take notes when speaking to someone because no two people will tell you the same information. They will switch it around and charge for unnecessary fees.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

The technician was very friendly and knowledgeable about his craft. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. He made sure I knew how to operate the system before he left and made sure I felt secure with my new alarm system. I appreciate the different options available and I feel Armando covered them really well. He was able to explain the options so I could understand the difference between them and make wise decisions.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Technician went above and beyond to get the equipment installed. AT&T's server went down and he stayed over 3 hours until it was up so he could get the gear installed and not have to reschedule. He also told us about other options and we ended up with a different service based on this information. Appreciated his taking the opportunity to advise us.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Very good. Had ADT 4 years ago and dropped them because of wanting wireless. Went to another company (Protect America). Got what I paid for, finally got a great offer from Defenders and since I was no longer in contract with PA I decided to take another chance with ADT. Paying a little bit more with ADT per month, but got fantastic equipment and it's all wireless. All windows and door are covered, with PA they only had glass breakage sensors. Let's see how it goes with ADT and hopefully we will stay with you past the 3 year period. The installer (Steve **) very good and explaining things. I also want to give a shout out to Kenny for taking care of three of my windows to make it easier to use the system. Thanks guys!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Both technicians arrived earlier than the appointment time, thus, it really worked out well and not delay any plans we had had later in the day. It was explained thoroughly and when questions arose regarding various thoughts that came to mind, they were answered quickly and professionally. All in all, a very good experience. Installation took no more than 1-1/2 hrs and both thoroughly went over the entire system when it was completed.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I first spoke to Linda on the phone when I called to set up service. She was absolutely wonderful and helpful. Once she found out I had a new baby at home and had a recent break in nearby, she went above and beyond my expectations to give my family everything we needed to feel safe. I am so grateful to her. Our tech was Jared. He was very friendly and explained everything we needed to know to work our new security system, while making us laugh along the way. He made sure we knew all our options and had the equipment we needed to best protect our home and family. Linda and Jared were both great to work with!

Original review: July 31, 2017

The technician Matthew was very professional in explaining all the procedures and the benefits of the installation even returning to explain the phone connection. He was very pleasant and understanding towards our position. He is coming back again as my wife wishes to move the keypad. He has been very tolerant!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

From start to finish, so far... The experience has been wonderful. NO problems at all. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get it answered in a friendly and easy manner. I looked online to see some reviews for the company and they are not so good. I am hoping that I have a better experience than most. So far, just three days in, I am happy.

Original review: July 28, 2017

About two weeks ago, I accidentally hit my burglar alarm on my remote and immediately disarmed it. Since I was leaving when I accidentally hit the wrong button, I armed it back. I received a call from ADT asking for my pin. I could not remember my pin for anything! I gave the lady my social security number, my birth year and my pin for my alarm keypad. She then said OK and I said okay, I want to ensure that nobody will be dispatched to my home because I am leaving to work and do not want to be charged. She said that will not dispatch the police. So a few minutes later the police showed up at my home. Then I just received an invoice for $120 from the false alarm company! When I spoke with ADT a week ago regarding something else, I told the lady about the incident and she said that she would've asked for another identifying information as everyone doesn't always remember their pin.

So come today, I call and speak with three extremely rude individuals. I work in customer service and would never treat customers the way they treated me. I have been with them for over 3 years and have never called in for anything! They wouldn't help with the fee or even write a note in their system so when the false alarm company looked up the call, it would state that this was an accidental false alarm so they would waive it for me. I will NEVER use ADT again. I work for one of the largest student housing companies and will make sure that all of our residents never use ADT to alarm their apartment homes.

Word of mouth is huge! You make millions of dollars as a company and worry about $120! That is ridiculous! We waive fees and credit our residents' accounts all the time because that is what you do in customer service. I am appalled and will be cancelling my contract and will be sure to let everyone know to stay away from ADT. I will be sure to write this review on every website and social media site that I can.

Original review: July 28, 2017

The service tech was very professional, he took the time to walk me through every detail of the system. He also answered all of my questions I had about the system. He was very good with the kids in the house as well. I would definitely recommend ADT to anyone who asks about a good quality security system.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Initial call with customer service rep - George ID#** was exceptional. He was immediately aware of the offer I had received in the mail, and was knowledgeable about products, packages, and listened to my needs. He was also aware that I had been a previous customer and thanked me for my previous business. I found the entire phone experience to be refreshing especially because receiving this kind of exceptional customer service treatment to be rare with other companies. The installer arrived as promised. He attempted to install a cell service alarm system. After several attempts, he confirmed what I knew about my location (I live in a cell signal dead zone), but was able to revert back to the original plan of installing a broadband alarm package. So far, have been pleased with performance and service.

Original review: July 24, 2017

You couldn't have asked for more professional team. Dan was great at the install. Set system quickly, went over everything like a professional. Great knowledge base of the system, how it works and features/benefits. We had one issue that caused a second visit. The young man was great and it was a breaker box and not the install that caused an issue. Responsiveness on the phone was key! From first contact great job and done better than Slomin's ever could.

Original review: July 24, 2017

The first contact I had from ADT was with the manager, when I called to get general information regarding home security. Unfortunately, I do not remember his name even though he did tell it to me. This gentleman was very patient in answering all of my questions and spent 1'30'' with me. Because of him I decided to have a someone from ADT come to my house. I misunderstood what was going to happen. Andrew ** came to my house to review my contract and install the equipment. I thought I was going to compare the ADT product with another company, and he would tell me exactly what I needed once he saw my house.

I explained this to Andrew and he very patiently and calmly said that was o.k. and he review my contract and did a walk through with me. I expressed my concern about monitored cameras and he went so far as to show me online what I could purchase to satisfy my security needs regarding cameras. He understood that I will not carry my phone with me to view my cameras. Over 4 hours passed after Andrew entered my house, took care of my concerns, and my security system was up and running. Comparing ADT to another company was not even an issue. Andrew ** was a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to help out a customer.

Protect Your Home Company Information