Learn More Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.82/5
Learn More

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect Your Home offers friendly customer service and installation backed by reliable ADT equipment. Although they do charge installation fees, they have a great money-back guarantee.

PROS

• Great money-back guarantee
  • Wide array of equipment
  • Multiple contract lengths

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Protect Your Home Reviews

We could not be more pleased with our installation experience. Our technician was VERY knowledgeable and was able to explain everything to us in a way that we were able to understand. The process was painless.

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience … It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made.

Information from ADT on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ADT has given its installers safety equipment and special instructions to protect themselves and their customers from the coronavirus. The company is supplying disinfecting supplies to all installers and encouraging them to contact management for replacements when needed. New installer protocols include frequently disinfecting mobile devices, iPads and customer keypads, as well as wearing safety glasses at all times and avoiding handshakes. The company is also instructing installers to wipe down equipment before and after interacting with customers.

How does Protect Your Home work?

Protect Your Home is an authorized provider of ADT home security systems. Protect Your Home has service centers nationwide, so most homes can have a security system installed in as little as a day. When combining the purchases, home monitoring is included with the price, so customers only need to pay a reasonable installation fee. Each system is installed with a backup battery in case there is a power blackout.

Protect Your Home cost

Protect Your Home plans start at $27.99 a month, with the most expensive and comprehensive plan being $58.99 a month. Protect Your Home also has a Theft Protection Guarantee which covers up to $500 toward a homeowner’s deductible if a burglary occurs when the system is armed.

PlanCost
Basic Security$27.99/mo
Basic Security with Equipment Services$36.99/mo
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$48.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring$53.99/mo
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video$58.99/mo

Protect Your Home plans and packages

Protect Your Home offers five different plans: Basic Security, Basic Security with Equipment Services, Basic Security + Wireless Connect, ADT Pulse Monitoring, and ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video. Contracts range from two to three years in length. See what comes with each plan below:

Basic Security
This is Protect Your Home’s most basic plan. It requires a landline and incudes:
  • Base system
  • Control panel
  • Wireless sensors
  • Wireless remote
  • Motion sensor
  • Backup battery
  • Yard sign and decals
The Basic Security with Equipment Services
This plan is a step up from the Basic plan. It has everything that comes with the Basic plan plus a Quality Service Plan, which is Protect Your Home’s extended limited warranty. If you’re looking for something simple but with additional comfort in the form of a warranty, this might be the right plan for you. This plan also requires a landline.
Basic Security + Wireless Connect
The main perk of this plan is that it doesn’t require connection via a landline. Other than that, it is the same as the Basic Security with Equipment Services plan.
ADT Pulse Monitoring
This plan has everything in the Basic Security + Wireless Connect plan plus home automation capabilities, like smart door locks, light, thermostats, switches and plugs. This also includes use of the ADT Pulse app so you can monitor and control your system remotely.
ADT Pulse Monitoring + Video
This plan is just what it sounds like — the ADT Pulse Monitoring plan with additional indoor camera usage.

Protect Your Home equipment

Every Protect Your Home system comes with the fundamental items included in the Basic Security plan, but additional equipment is also available for purchase:

• Indoor cameras
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Smoke detectors
  • Leak and flood detectors
  • Keychain remote

Do we recommend Protect Your Home?

We recommend Protect Your Home for their experience in the home alarm security system industry. Their plans are competitively priced, and their customer service and ADT equipment are widely trusted. They also have a good money-back guarantee in the case of faulty installation.

Protect Your Home Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

WOW! That's all I can think to say. The serviceman was so knowledgeable. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and has only the best intentions for the home and family he is serving. He was dressed nicely and made me feel comfortable about having him in my home and around my children. He made sure I was very aware of how to use the system and asked me multiple times if I had any questions. He didn't seem rushed or stressed. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and waited patiently for my arrival.

He was appropriate and personable. I really enjoyed his conversation as he worked diligently to install all of my hardware. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this person and how pleasant he was to work with. I was amazed at the difference in installation service I received with ADT compared to Vivint. I feel I have received what I need to keep my family safe. I'm hoping my years with ADT will be completely different than with my last provider. Thank you for hiring great members of society to represent your company!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The installation and activation was conducted by Evan **, one of the sweetest Christian young men I have ever met. He was very professional and thorough. I received your brochure in the mail within a few days of my husband's death. I was especially interested in the doorbell video camera. BUT, I am disappointed that the doorbell must be rung in order for me to receive an alert. My sister has a system that alerts her when anyone approaches her door. That is a feature you should add.

Since I do plan to be away from home more often, I am very pleased to have the smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detectors through your system. My log home could burn rapidly if detection was delayed. My home also has a lot of glass, so Evan's explanation of the glass breakage sensors made me aware of that issue. He also told me I should not have tools so readily available in my storage room, so I am moving those! My husband was a retired law enforcement officer and certainly helped me be more aware of possible dangers. I truly felt Evan was concerned for my safety and I appreciate his care and concern.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed an agreement with Guardian Protection because the new home already had the system installed. They missed and rescheduled the appointment to help me set up a new passcode and then missed the rescheduled appointment. Their next available appointment was nearly three weeks out. After two weeks of trying to get in on a cancellation and still having to wait at least another 7 days, I cancelled their service and called ADT. The next morning, you completely replaced the current alarm system and had me with exactly what I wanted - less than 23 hours after ending my phone call. I was leaving the next day for a conference out of town and finally felt safe that my new home was protected. Louis was fantastic. He explained everything, was friendly and courteous, and worked as a partner in my home security - not a vendor. Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

Rusty my technician was very friendly, and polite. He also was very knowledgeable about the product. There was a little confusion on my package and pricing, compared to what I was told by the sales representative when setting up my appointment, but Rusty called his supervisor and had it worked out in just a minute. Overall I got everything I already had and then some. I also had a couple of false alarms after Rusty left which I thought was odd but response time was good and haven't had any sense. I already feel safer than I did with my last security company, and me and my family couldn't be happier.

Original review: May 19, 2019

We have been customers of ADT for 29 years. A recent interaction with 2 tech visits and 2 follow up calls to Kristen left us less than satisfied. Until we called and got Marcus on the line who assured us that hardwired fire detectors are powered by electricity and shouldn’t die, as well we have a home generator. Thanks for your professional opinion that the alarm was more than likely related to a power surge and saving us $300 even though we have a service plan. After careful thought, we remember the electric company was shutting off power sporadically for tree service. ADT needs more people like Marcus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: March 25, 2020

I've had 4 installers at my house since I got this service (2/26/2020). My outside cameras are not even hooked up correctly. To add to that, the LOCAL REGIONAL MANAGER came out to my house. In addition, I was unaware that there's a "5 minute resting time & only captures a 30 second clip". In addition, when you call to get a "quote" and you EXPRESS to the agent what EXACTLY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, they completely lie to you!! Check the BBB!! Defenders, Protect Your Home and ADT, MULTIPLE OF CLAIMS with the same issues I'm dealing with. I could go on & on, just check out the BBB and you'll see. ADT is not what it used to be. Oh, let me add, the outside security camera, yeah, you'll get a 2-4 minute delay after.... & I have to pay $60.00 a month for this crap.... Worst decision I've ever made!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Installer did an outstanding job-great product knowledge, installed entire system in a Saturday afternoon with it raining, would recommend ADT to anyone needing a home security system. The system was installed under the house and out of the weather. The inside hardware was installed under the counter very precise and next to the electrical plug.

Protect Your Home response

Thank you so much for these stars, Steve! Our job is to install these state-of-the-art security systems, and we are so glad you experienced such a seamless installation process!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I was never given a contract to sign and it was done online by a Security Advisor, who I never talked with nor agreed to use such a form or agreement. The work was incomplete and the alarm system kept going off and there were no instructions or paperwork left giving me the contact number or who was actually providing the installation service. I asked for a refund and I was refused, based on an unknown time limit to request a cancellation. With no way of contacting the correct company, it took a week to get a response for the installer to correct the installation and he never showed up but tried to get me to call someone else to do the correction. I refused and took the system down and do not want your service.

Hi Grace,

I'm so sorry to hear about the installation experience you recently had. We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with our management team. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

The technician completed my install but then had us log out and we were unable to get back online. This made him very upset, he became childish, unprofessional and rude. He said he didn’t have time to deal with it and was just going to leave. I informed that if he left before it was all functioning correctly, I would be cancelling my contract. He then called to have my account reset, he was clearly very mad, and yanked my cell phone out of my hand to see if the reset email arrived yet. I was astonished at how absolutely rude and unprofessional he was. He left when he thought it was good, but afterward I was still unable to login and had to call the 800 number for assistance. Thanks to this man, if I weren’t in a contract, I certainly would not be using your service. I will never be able to recommend Protect Your Home for installation service, the customer service (or complete lack of) is a joke. I am a very unhappy customer.

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry for the service you received recently. Our goal is to provide a detailed and thorough service experience on every visit. Your feedback is important to us and we will use it to address training opportunities. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Just had a few small issues with installed equipment, but the installer rectified the issues. He was delayed due to personal issues, but responded as soon as he could. The system works as advertised. I would recommend ADT systems if you are looking for a security system.

Protect Your Home response

Hi James! We love when our guests have such a great overall experience with DEFENDERS! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these stars for our team!

Protect Your Home Company Information