Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
View More View More
Protect Your Home Call Now Toll Free (877) 201-1895 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Protect Your Home Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Just had a few small issues with installed equipment, but the installer rectified the issues. He was delayed due to personal issues, but responded as soon as he could. The system works as advertised. I would recommend ADT systems if you are looking for a security system.

Protect Your Home response

Hi James! We love when our guests have such a great overall experience with DEFENDERS! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these stars for our team!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I thought I was dealing with ADT. I called this outfit and install date was made pending my availability. When I called back to confirm they had changed the date. We finally got back to the original date and the Technician never showed up. After waiting an additional hour I called the toll free number and asked for an explanation the operator said that due to inclement weather the tech could not make it and was going to call me. No one ever called. And from what I could gather the tech was coming from Salt Lake City 4 hours away. I know there is an ADT office locally. My card was charge after the initial call and has yet to be refunded.

Hi John,

I'm so sorry to hear about the installation experience you recently had. We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with our management team. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We recently had an ADT Home Security system installed. We realized after the installer left we did not get the emergency alert necklace type thing which we really wanted. When I checked the paperwork it was not on the equipment list but was listed on the insurance certificate. When I called Protect Your Home they wouldn't honor it and said I had to pay $139 but this not what we discussed with our installer. It's evident by being on the certificate that it was discussed. I'm not feeling good about this company. Sorry I did this.

Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the incomplete installation and equipment experience you recently had. We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with our management team. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I called ADT, or so I thought to inquire about a security system. What I got was Defenders/Protect Your Home. Ok, cool. I set up an appt, only to be told they couldn't make it and they'd come the following week. Ok, cool. Fast forward to today. I had a 2 o'clock appt., at around noon, I get a knock on my door and it's the technician! No call, no forewarning, nothing! Ok, whatever. He comes in the house, pulls out the two diff pad options and suggests the touchscreen of course! No worries, I'd def want that one! Suddenly he's asking about best location for the installation, I show him where I'd like it to go if this is the route I choose! Next thing I know, he's got his drill out, drilling a GINORMOUS hole in the wall!

Wait! We haven't even discussed pricing or anything! He then sits down with a sheet of paper and tells me that the best security, with all the stuff, minus my $1073 equipment credit, it would be about 5 grand! Whaaaatttt! I say yeah no let's not! Lol and we proceed to get this thing narrowed down. When all was said and done, I was paying $2400 plus tax for basic bs systems and $60 a month to monitor. I'm not really a fan of the backwards sales tactics and I'm ready to cancel this very second! Especially after looking at their competitor which is $20 less a month and about 1800 for 2 outdoor cameras, a video doorbell (none of what I got with adt/pyh for 2400) plus window/door sensors, key fobs, an indoor camera, and motion sensors, installed!

I'm extremely annoyed that they installed the keypad without up front pricing! I NEVER expected that kind of price tag, especially considering I've never had a security system before and honestly, what if I didn't have a $600 payment for them today or ever, not including installation or first and second month's payment? If I can edit this later, I'll fill you in on how the cancellation process goes!... Also they offered a 100 Visa card which I haven't received and this 3 day cancellation period is ridiculous! How is that a reasonable amount of time to see if I'm satisfied!? That's right... It's not.

Hi Jace,

I'm so sorry for the service you received recently. Our goal is to provide a detailed and thorough service experience on every visit. Your feedback is important to us and we will use it to address training opportunities. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Last month I had Protect Your Home upgrade my Brinks system and switch me to ADT. They charged me $150 per window sensor. With the $850 of free equipment (supposedly), I still had to pay $1200 and that only covered half of my windows. Today I had ADT out to do the rest of the windows and they only charged me $50 per window sensor and said the equipment protect Your Home gave me is not even what ADT uses. The $1200 VISA card you’re promised takes 8-120 weeks to process. And when you try to call Protect Your Home for any reason you get caught up in an automated loop that transfers you to ADT who then tries to transfer you back to PYH. Go straight through ADT, do not use this company.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with DEFENDERS. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your troubles with pricing, customer service, and receiving your VISA card. We are definitely capable of a much better job. We would like to speak with you further regarding this. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I expected that I would be sent a copy of my contract and a copy of the certificate of installation immediately after my ADT system was installed and service initiated. I was not. I called the customer service department and requested these documents be sent to my email address on December 2nd. They were promised in 24-72 hours. They were not delivered after 4 business days. I called customer service again and was told there was nothing they could do about it. There was no one I could call. There was no one they could call. I could not speak with a supervisor. And besides, I was told, the certificate of installation (which I need for a discount on my homeowner's insurance) was sent on November 30th. I checked my email, both my inbox and my spam fold--nothing from them on November 30th. This treatment is completely unacceptable.

Protect Your Home response

Bill, I am so sorry for the delay with your recent DEFENDERS experience. We aim for responsive service with every visit and phone call, and your feedback is appreciated as it helps us to tackle issues and improve our business. That said, can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have used ADT since 2008. Somehow Defenders Protect Your Home got involved when we moved and was still under contract. Their invoice lists a phone number that rolls over to ADT. When you use the automated service you are told your balance is zero. When you call the number on the invoice ADT picks up. The thing they don't tell you is that this will allow Defenders Protect your home to send you to collections for breach of contact!!

This company will cash your checks AS THEY SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS even if you are current!!! This company will then cut off your service and call it breach of contract. A class action lawsuit has been filed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. --ADT is aware and their response is to turn back on your service for a fee (and you are still expected to pay the ridiculous Defender Protect your Home Cancellation fees on top of it because Defenders Protect your Home and ADT are in this together. Shame on them both!!!

Hi Sherrie,

Providing high-quality, trustworthy service is what we strive for with all of our customers, and I apologize that you haven't received this. Feedback like yours helps us improve our business, and we would like to speak with you further. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I am in the process of purchasing a new house and wanted it protected by the same company that protects my business. After looking online for ADT and requesting what I thought was a quote for a system installed by them I received a phone call. This could have been an easy sale as I was already fairly certain that I wanted my new home monitored by ADT and the installation company meant no difference to me. The company kept me on the Phone for almost an hour as they were unable to charge my card properly for the Installation fee. They promised me the best equipment and my appointment was set.

To follow up on my appointment I called the rep for my commercial system and was informed that ADT would have nothing to do with my Install and in fact the equipment sold to this installer is older equipment, Not the "newest components" I was promised. When I called to cancel my appointment the manager said the system I was looking to purchase was "fake security" and This is the solution for people who can't afford one of their systems. I was very turned off by the whole process and I am still waiting on my refund.

Hi Daniel,

Providing high-quality, trustworthy service is what we strive for with each visit, and I apologize that you haven't received this. Feedback like yours helps us improve our business for all DEFENDERS customers, and we would like to speak with you further. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I am in the process of buying a home. I received a phone call wanting to sell me a security system through ADT. The sales person began to ask me personal information like my date of birth, Social Security number, and banking information for the purpose of securing their promotional offer. I explained to them That I did not want to follow through at this time as I had not closed on my house. They were very pushy and after the second sales person got on the phone I had to hang up because they weren’t taking no for an answer. A few minutes after hanging up I get an alert telling me that my credit score has gone down and a deep inquiry had been completed by them through Equifax.

I have made four phone calls to resolve the situation and no one has bothered to call me back. The latest customer care representative said that if the inquiry is withdrawn I will hear nothing from them and I should wait 30 days for the change to show up on my credit score. If you get a call from ADT or defense defender hang up. Don’t give them any information. I find this highly intrusive.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent experience with DEFENDERS. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are definitely capable of a much better job. We would like to speak with you further regarding this. Can you please email coo.office@homedefenders.com with your name, contact information, and a link to this review for reference? Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

DO NOT USE OR TRUST! We had Protect Your Home install it new ADT system in mid August. Initial installation took more than 10 hours. Less than 2 hours later, the system malfunctioned. It took a week to schedule them to get them out to repair it. I waited from 11am till 8pm with no tech ever arriving. Their excuse was that the tech wrecked on the way to my house because I was rushing him. They finally repaired it the following day, and again, it lasted two hours before it malfunctioned again. Between mid August until now, my "new" system has worked properly for less than 10 days. Each time I call for service, they are at least 5 hours late if they bother showing up at all. I've now been waiting for more than 10 days for management to contact me. Of course, we've not heard from them.

Protect Your Home Company Information