Call toll free
3.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Protect Your Home Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

They sometimes call themselves Defenders, but don't be fooled by the name. They have no idea how to start monitoring an existing system. The only thing they know how to do is to destroy the existing system and replace it with their WORTHLESS wireless system. I should have thrown them out and sued them for destroying my existing wired system where all the doors and windows were wired. Instead, I let them install their system and it has been a headache ever since.

They lost one of my payments and apparently never found it even though I provided them with documentation. EVERY month, they called and said my payment was late even though I was paying 2-3 weeks in advance. Once, I was able to get a manager and he "said" he was going to credit one month service to zero out the account. Never happened. Complained to ADT. Protect Your Home never responded. OK, they did finally respond about 3 days after I sent in a cancellation letter.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

In the fall I called Protect Your Home (ie "PYH") about installing an alarm system. They did a quick install on a Friday night...with a trainee. Since then we've had nothing but a broken system. Three months after the system was installed we had an alarm, while on vacation. CHP/sheriff showed up almost 3 hours after the alarm sounded, due to technical issues with our install. I've had at least 7 service calls in the span of 4 months to fix install issues. This is because the original installation team did not perform due diligence testing to confirm if their system would work in that specific Malibu canyon. I told them that we had zero service reaching the house, but they convinced us to try it, "guaranteed".

Since the install, my family of 5 was awoken in the middle of the night, 16 times, because the system could not establish communications (either primary or alternate). However, instead of pulling the plug and letting us all walk away, PYH continued to send subpar technicians, claiming that one more service call would fix issues...serviced by "our best". We moved in May because of the Malibu fires. But the vendor continued to hold us to our contract, despite issues that surfaced many months before. I made multiple service requests for them to return to fix basic issues... Neither ADT, nor Protect Your Home was willing to accept that these issues were obviously due to communication parameters beyond their control, like cell tower locations.

However, instead of letting the contract go, they now call me every day. I stopped paying after we moved, requesting escalation to a rational person, requesting to return all hardware and walk away. It was an obvious case of good technology in a place that is not serviced by reciprocating communications. It's been 3 months now and sometimes, after the Nth explanation, Protect Your Home will decide to resort to high frequency calls: multiple times each day from different numbers. None of the reps are aware of any prior discussions. No escalations allowed.

I've asked for a credit for the remaining contract...towards a new contract with ADT, which I want to trust, as opposed to Protect Your Home, which I do not. At this point, most companies would walk away and release the customer from contractual obligations. But Protect Your Home wants to take me to collections unless I pay 75% of the remaining contract. Really? After we had to move due to fires/etc...they still want to gouge me to pay for a system that did not work since day one? This is where escalations used to solve obvious delivery issues, but this company's executives are too important to deal with real customers. So I've decided to post here and if we can't come to a rational agreement I'm going to blow it up on social media...because if we were kids at the playground, our parents would all agree that Protect Your Home is the bully and I'm just a homeowner looking to walk away with no black eyes.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Mike was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and easy to work with. He went over all of the options and was able to offer some suggestions to help me save some money - but still have excellent protection. He had great alternatives to ideas I wanted, but that he would not recommend. He explained everything so that I understood why I should/should not want certain things.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I was lied to and manipulated by your company. I was promised I was able to cancel my service if was not satisfied within 30 days of installation (regardless of the 3 day time frame on the contract). I am not satisfied and even after having an alarm go off and disarming it, I did not receive a phone call to let me know this happened. My parents have had home security for years and always get a call when an alarm is set off that is not the primary entrance to the home. When I called I was told I could not get in touch with your company directly/the branch itself. I wanted to get in touch with the manager who made this promise to me over the phone multiple times but I am told I'm not allowed to get in touch with the branch. I even said I would go there in person if they would be able to assist me.

I just want to cancel my service without paying fees for it (within the 30 day time frame) but I am being told I cannot do this and they aren't sure why anyone would ever tell me I have this time frame. I have seen multiple complaints for your company. How do you resolve issue and take responsibility for the actions of your managers and technicians? You need to take responsibility for the misinformation provided to manipulate your customers into installing something on the spot.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I contacted ADT Protect to install a system on 7/27/2019. The technician was at the house for 13 hours trying to complete the installation. He wasn't able to complete the installation. The technician requested for me to call on Monday 7/29/2019 to schedule a follow up service to complete the installation. During the call I requested to cancel the installation. I was transferred to account service department. Account service did not want to cancel and offered a two free months, promised to complete the installation on August 3rd 2019. They gave me an appointment window 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. I waited till 2:45 PM. No call, no show up. I had it, I called to cancel the installation. I was told since I didn't cancel the first time within the 72 hour window, even though they did not complete the installation, they cannot cancel and refund my $500 deposit. Today is August 8/7/2019 still waiting for a call back from a manager.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: July 21, 2019

My recent experience was great. The technician went above and beyond to make sure my system was set up correctly. There were some issues he encountered but he worked through them and continuously provided me updates until it was resolved.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The technician who came to our home was very knowledgeable about the system and took the time to explain it to us, and he was very friendly. I was contacted after the install to ensure we received instructions on how to operate the system. I was also contacted several days later to make sure everything was going well. Great company to work with. They care about their customers.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have been with ADT for about a year now and the service has been great. It's nice to have reliable security and peace of mind. We recently moved to a new place and the service provided was great. Our tech Sam was on time, professional and was able to answer all of the questions I had.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Very automated process, on the phone and during the install. Installation was great. The installer (Ray) did an outstanding job. The system is easy to use and understand. No complaints about any part of it. I would recommend ADT to anyone looking to secure their home.

Original review: June 26, 2019

There was a trespasser in my driveway. The camera only recorded 30 secs and turned off and never turned back on. I called customer service and the first time the agent lied to me and said she we send an email on how to fix the problem. The email never came. I called back and the next agent forwarded me to a tech. The tech said this cannot be done. He forwards me back to an agent which never picked up the phone. In the meantime my child’s bike is gone. And I have nothing to show but a person walking into my driveway. Some of the people that work for ADT are in fact not professional and lack common empathy.

Protect Your Home Company Information