Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect Your Home is one of the largest home security companies in the world. We have more than a hundred installation branches throughout the U.S. supporting and installing home security systems. Because we have home security system installation service centers across the nation, most locations can have an ADT monitored home security system installed within 24 hours to make sure you get immediate assistance in protecting your home and loved ones. Once your home is equipped with the security system, it is connected to a network of ADT Customer Monitoring Centers nationwide, delivering non-stop security monitoring 365 days a year.

All of our installation technicians are Protect Your Home employees, not third-party contractors, so you can count on your Security Advisor to take the time to set up your system properly, help you understand how the system works, and make sure your home and family are thoroughly protected

Protect Your Home Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1362 Protect Your Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

There was a trespasser in my driveway. The camera only recorded 30 secs and turned off and never turned back on. I called customer service and the first time the agent lied to me and said she we send an email on how to fix the problem. The email never came. I called back and the next agent forwarded me to a tech. The tech said this cannot be done. He forwards me back to an agent which never picked up the phone. In the meantime my child’s bike is gone. And I have nothing to show but a person walking into my driveway. Some of the people that work for ADT are in fact not professional and lack common empathy.

Original review: June 26, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!! They installed everything, and it seemed alright. Then we noticed the installer took our home keys! I called back to get the locks changed, but all they offered to do was return the keys. The installer returned 3 days later with the keys, but we were not home. I said that having someone with keys to our home and knows our alarm codes is not providing the home security services they offered. It took over 4 hours on the phone to get them to agree to change the door lock. Seven days later, and still do not have the changed lock, and our keys are still out there!!!

Secondly, the install removed sensors from our home and then sold them back to use!!! This was $500 in extra charges for devices we already owned, and work with the system we got from them!!! This was a VERY intentional deception to increase the sale price of the system, and theft of personal property from my home without permission!! Stay away!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

The Tech that came to install system was very courteous and took the time to make sure I understood each and every step. Went over all equipment, etc. to make sure it was item that I needed. A Gentleman all the way. When he left I felt I was very secure with the new system to protect my home.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I quit AT&T because my equipment was 10 years old and service wasn't the best. Was I wrong!! I switched to Vivint... After 2 months, the system was NOT completely installed and I was having 5 or more sensors failing, almost DAILY. After DOZENS of calls, they canceled my contract and are supposed to come get the equipment... ADT has installed my system and Vivint hasn’t picked up their STUFF, Yet (May 1 – June 19).

Original review: June 15, 2019

Very knowledgeable and helpful engineer. Stayed until very late in the evening to complete the install as the original engineer was not able to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, meaning ADT honoured their promise to install on the agreed day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect Your Home?

Original review: June 6, 2019

The technician was professional, personable, knowledgeable, quick with installation. He created a very pleasant, seamless experience. I feel very safe now and have been using the system for a week. It is easy to use and I love the beep when I open the door. It reminds me of the great investment I made. I signed this contract and agree to use your services because of him. Thank you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased ADT about a year ago. I bought many extras because I have extra windows and doors. I got married this year so sold my house and now share a home with my husband who already had a security system. Even with these circumstances, they wanted me to pay something like $869 to get out of my contract. They did go down to $600. The saddest part is the buyers of the house called them to take over my contract and ADT would not let them. The new owners had to sign another three-year contract and I think an additional sign-on fee. But originally I was told the buyers could just take over my contract.

Original review: June 5, 2019

So far everything is working out well. Did not know that there were going to be holes left in the walls for me to repair after the installation was done. The installation took longer than I thought it would. But the person that installed the system was very friendly as well as professional throughout the entire process.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had a great experience with the tech guy. He was personable & patient with me. He explained the different plans and equipment function/prices thoroughly to me. Also, showed me how to register and installed my app on phone & computer.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Jon was very helpful and courteous! Very efficient in Installation abilities and his accomplishments. He was also very helpful in answering our questions during and after. Jon was also friendly and educated us about our new security system. Highly recommend him for future installments. Thank You!!

Protect Your Home Company Information