Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.88/5

Patio Enclosures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patio Enclosures?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patio Enclosures?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

My design consultant did no such thing. Do you know the saying, “The customer is always right?” I, along with my friend who was with me during the consultation, don’t remember being shown two samples at all. I SPECIFICALLY chose the double-pane glass as that was the only sample I was shown. MAYBE if the job was done well, there would be less problems here, but that isn’t even the case. There are so many mistakes around the borders, the screws are out of place, and the cocking job is horrific. I’d also like to add I was never shown a copy of the contract prior to the agreement and the design consultant signed my name for me herself. SHE signed MY name and took it upon herself to fill in everything in the contract without letting me see it first.

Any time I sign my name, I write “Won In” and initial “W. I.” but on the contract, my name was written “In Won” and initialed “I. W.” My friend and I are native to Korea and English is not our first language. However, we fully understood everything during the meeting and I am beginning to believe this company, or its employees, are prejudice against people of different backgrounds and are trying to take advantage of their customers. Your business pamphlet states, “Congratulations. You have just made one of the best investments for your home...” However, this situation has proven to be the worst business encounter I’ve ever experienced and I regret not being smarter about putting my trust into your company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I've been in communication with Patio Enclosures for 5 months! I have a leak in my sunroom roof and need it repaired before it causes further damage. I have talked to the retailer in Louisville, the service manager in Indiana, a representative from the corporate office, and I am still waiting to be scheduled for repair. Continued silence leads me to believe they no longer provide service to maintain their product. Other similar sunroom companies refuse to repair Patio Enclosure structures. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Sunroom Addition Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2020

This company in New England is awful. Every window has gaps at the joints that you can see right through, water, wind, bugs etc. The construction was a butchery. The screens won't close, sliding door and screen don't close right. Company won't respond...they are just plain awful. Don't use.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I contacted Patio Enclosures to price a Sunroom for me. I have to say my experience with the company has been the best anyone could ask for! My sales rep Deborah ** was very informative, very knowledgeable, and no pressure. She was exactly right about the quality of my room! My contact with Julie from the office, kept me informed on every step of the project! This was very refreshing and comforting. The installers also showed up and did a great job along, always cleaning up each day. I couldn't be more pleased with my Sunroom!! Such a Great Investment! Once again 10 Stars to Julie, Deb, and the Great Installers! I would and have Strongly recommended Patio Enclosures to everyone! Thank You! Thank You!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Materials are quality. Construction management and timely completion commitments are very poor. Contracted mid June to be completed by Mid-September 2019. December 25th, still not complete. I gave in to paying the final pmt because I was asked again and John who was the primary Manager on my project is a good installer. He kept getting pulled from my project to work on others. Issues with not receiving the correct blinds, wood materials ran out and had three re- orders. The job is still not complete and no contact from their Waukesha office after making the final Payment. Sales event was positive. After that it was all downhill. After the money is paid, as the client, the communications are up to you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We went with this company because the sales pitch was awesome. Needless to say it was a sales pitch. We were recommended to go with a 3 instead of 4 season room. We would be able to open the door and windows from the house to the room for heating and air. Come to find out we are going to end up spending more than we wanted to to get a unit installed for heating and air. We told the sales person exactly what we wanted and went with his recommendations. Never do that again.

The Workmanship on the room is a disgrace. My husband asked pretty much everyday... “what did we spend so much money on? What cost so much?” We had to call and have somebody come out twice so far to fix things (not even a month after installation). The third time something needed fixed we were told it’s not covered under warranty and would cost us. I sent a message stating that is fine. We will pay. We just want the issue fixed... Still haven’t hear back. This was the worst purchase I have ever made. Definitely not the experience or room I was picturing to have.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Patio Enclosures was very professional - everyone communicated frequently and let us know the status of our project at every step. We had a screened sunroom and wanted sliding windows, new screens, and new patio door. We were impressed by how well everyone from the company communicated, and the quality of the work was fantastic.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Contract signed in April. Project suppose to be done mid June. Town wanted measurements and no one was getting back. Enclosures took 10,000. I have paid the loan co. 2,000. Also I had to have central air disconnected for the project. I stopped all payments, product was not ordered, and because I live in a townhouse, the town will not issue a bldg permit. [Sales and engineer apparently did not know this.] I signed a cancellation of contract and loan co is working on getting money back. I was told it might be a process. Patio told me I may owe them money because they came out and measured. [I was originally asked to do the measuring.] I am waiting for heating/cooling to come and redo my central air which is an expense that was totally unnecessary. I would not recommend Patio Enclosures to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Company was efficient from the beginning to end. Sent representative to explain product, measure and give estimate. Installers were very polite and professional. They noticed a few scratches on the windows and informed me that replacements would be ordered and installed ASAP. I am enjoying my patio enclosure and highly recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Started calling the Louisville location October 8, 2018 to try to have someone come check a leak in the corner that is causing the floor to rot. I have called every week since that date. The excuse that I am given is that "we are very busy". I finally gave up and on November 7 called someone else. Evidently they want to build new patios but not maintain them! Oh, and by the way, they finally called me back today (Nov. 13). Told them already had another contractor to fix. No apology for the time it has taken. And by the way, they wanted $175.00 just to come and look at!

Patio Enclosures author review by ConsumerAffairs

Patio Enclosures has been in business since 1966. The company sells several types of sunrooms, including patio rooms, year-round sunrooms, conservatories and sunroom kits. Its headquarters are in Cleveland, where all of its products are manufactured.

• Free construction guide: Anyone can visit Patio Enclosures’ website to download a complimentary construction guide. Some of the content in the guide is promotional and specific to Patio Enclosures, but it also has information about measuring, site preparation and building permits that will benefit consumers who choose a different company.

• Comparison chart: Consumers who aren’t sure whether to choose a seasonal or year-round sunroom, patio room or conservatory can use Patio Enclosures’ comparison chart to see the features and options for each of the company’s offerings.

• Customer design: Patio Enclosures cuts and tempers all the glass for the sunrooms it builds. In-house glass cutting and tempering allows the company to fully customize the design of a room and its window sizes.

• Free consultation: Interested consumers can schedule a free in-home consultation by visiting Patio Enclosures’ website. Sale representatives are available seven days a week. During the consultation, the representative will recommend products based on the homeowners’ desires and the building and landscaping limitations as well as provide estimates.

• Warranties: Patio Enclosure sunrooms have a limited lifetime warranty on the glass, seals, frames and all other manufactured parts. The warranty is good as long as the original purchaser owns the home.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team