4.0/5 (131 ratings)

About Patio Enclosures

Patio Enclosures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patio Enclosures?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patio Enclosures?

Original review: March 2, 2022

I signed a contract 7/2020 to have my deck screened in. The contract was completed 3/2021. I had to call multiple times about the quality of work and to see when the project would be finalized during these times. The quality of the screen used was very poor. The replacement screen that I paid to have put in by their subcontractors cost me $500. I noticed the screen was a much better quality. I called customer service to have the remainder screen replaced at no cost to myself after I discovered that cheaper screen had been used. The ticket was escalated up to management. I never received a return call after multiple phone calls. Project was over $7000. I will not use them again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Small patio enclosure was contracted (5' x 20') in January of 2021. Experienced poor communication from permit to 1/20/2022. It took that length of time to get punch list completed and product installed properly. Voluminous changes in internal personnel caused delays, inaccurate communication and overall poor customer service. Numerous issues were encountered throughout the project, (too many to list here ). A number of installation standards were omitted of which at this time will not resolved. Promises were not kept regarding work to be done, screens that were damaged at shipment were never replaced or addressed as of date. Appears they have no idea what customer service is or customer satisfaction. Poor quality company.

Get buying tips about Sunroom Addition Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was excited to work with this company. We met, signed a contract and all seemed well until 3 weeks later they said our deck wasn't up to standards to build the patio on, after telling us it was perfectly fine during contract signing. I tried to get my deposit back because the total cost was completely different having to replace the deck, but they refused (they wanted to keep $2500) because it was more than 3 days after contract signing. Long story short, after a lot of back and forth it took a strong letter from an attorney before they agreed to a refund. This company is unethical and untrustworthy. Make sure you know what you're getting into before signing a contract with them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I signed a contract with Patio Enclosures in Feb 21 to build a 4 season sun room and expand the deck. 3 week forecast to complete is at 14 weeks and counting. They messed up the design, CAD drawings don't match cut sheets, and the factory has no quality controls. At this point, have been waiting over 12 weeks for a wall panel. 2 windows and the slider were installed with defects from the factory. The deck expansion has numerous issues including the new deck posts are not square, deck boards are not flush with the frame board, facia board on deck front does not match existing. Communication from the company is poor at best. Do not use this company! If I could have give "zero" stars I would have.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Aug 8, 2021. We had our initial install done on or about 2 May 2021. At that time, they were unable to complete the job due to a lack of trim pieces to enclose the 1 – 2” gap above the window and door units. The installers stated that the trim pieces were not part of their parts list and would have to be ordered. On 13 June 2021, a crew arrived to finish the trim and make adjustments. They did not have factory trim the first crew referenced. They made their own trim pieces from coiled facia trim. Our enclosure is located 9’ above grade and your crew brought no ladders. They made and installed the trim hanging out the window opening, fastening what they could reach, and leaving unattached what they could not reach.

They did not insulate the 1 – 2” gap before installing the trim. What would be the advantage of insulated glass if you do not insulate the gaps? They stated that one of the window sliders was missing their wheels. They did not have any and they would have to be ordered. The sliding door and screen does not work properly. It binds at about 4” open. They said it could not be adjusted due to not enough clearance between top and bottom rails. Bottom rollers where in as far as they would go.

On 26 June 2021, one of the pieces of trim blew out at 90 degrees from the wall due to not being properly fastened. As of today, 8/9/2021 we have had nothing but promises from Aundrea **, Operations Administrator, Great Plans Office, Addison TX. The sliding door will not open at all now, completely seized. Most times we call the phone call goes unanswered or to voice mail we no call back. The overall product seems good, but the installers are lacking, and the customer service is non-existing. I have contacted Great Day Improvements on their site with no return contact. I would not recommend using this company. Over 3 months with no end in sight.

Original review: July 6, 2021

In my OPINION, I would NEVER recommend folks out there to SIGN UP ANY CONTRACTS with PATIO ENCLOSURES/DALLAS. because once you do that, that's it, you'll be caught in their web of lies. PLEASE READ their REVIEWS on Facebook, Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs BEFORE going with them. You'll only be DISAPPOINTED if you DON'T!!

Patio Enclosures of Dallas is ONLY INTERESTED in getting your contract and MONEY - post contract signing, you'll have a REALLY HARD/TOUGH TIME with PATIO ENCLOSURES' office crew in Dallas. They NEVER picked up our phones and the salesperson (Larry **) too will NEVER returned our phone calls. Back in Jan/2021, after viewing an AD on the web about Patio Enclosures in Dallas/Addison area, we called their toll-free number in Macedonia, Ohio corporate office to arrange for an review/design and give us an estimated cost of labor+materials of installing Patio Enclosure on one-side of our patio at the back of our house.

A salesperson by the name of Larry ** from their Patio Enclosures Dallas/Addison office was scheduled in January 2021 and arrived at our home to give us a review and design details. He gave us a good impression on his iPad - off course he was using some kind of CAD/CAM online software to do that - what the final product would look like. A fixed glass door pane on one end with sliding glass pane door to the the left and moveable screen door on the outside. We're impressed with what he showed us. So he insisted that we sign a contract now because the cost price could change - basically pushing into doing so - and so instead of "sleeping" over the decision making process, we went ahead a signed a contract with Patio Enclosures in Dallas. We made a BIG MISTAKE!!!

Over a period of next 7 months we had nothing but MAJOR PROBLEMS in communicating with the Patio Enclosures/Dallas office staff so much so that I'd to call their corporate HQ office in Macedonia, Ohio and complain about their Dallas office crew's complacency to their Customer Service to a lady by the name of "Jackie" - She only gave me her first name. She told me that she'll escalate this matter and inform all the persons in the chain in their office of this matter. It took several months of back and forth between us and their Ohio office to get things moving. I even talked to their COO - Chief Operating Officer - by the name of "Drew Weinfurtner" in the corporate office to keep on complaining about the staff issues in their Dallas office. He told me he'll look into this matter and someone from the Dallas office will get in touch with you.

The major problems with their Dallas office crews was they NEVER picked up their phones and so leaving a voice mail did NOT do much good to impress them to do a follow up. And when someone did return our call, they ALWAYS LIED to us or made some kind EXCUSES about our Patio Enclosure. "They didn't put door or panel or glass on the truck from Ohio and so that's why we haven't been able to come out to your place to get your work done." Several times appointments were made and went by without any installers ever showing up at out home. The Dallas office crew would NEVER call to tell us to inform us as to why their crew NEVER turned up at our home.

Finally, after when the COO from their corporate office got involved with our project, that's when things started rolling in the right direction but it took them 7 months to complete a mediocre size small project. Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, I would NEVER RECOMMEND folks to have their Patio Enclosure or Sunroom be NSTALLED by Patio Enclosires of Dallas.

Original review: May 11, 2021

My wife and I were SOO excited to screen in our back patio. We took our time in deciding to move forward with the project (It's NOT cheap) but felt good about selecting these guys. The process started out good. Salesman was nice. Communication from the company in the beginning was good. The last I heard from my "point of contact" was they would reach out when the materials came in. Mind you, they come out a few times and measure EVERYTHING to make sure it's correct....and THEN order the materials. Well, we never got the call that our materials were in. I had to call them to find out. Install was scheduled for that Sat morning. Sat morning came and went....no installers. I called them only to find out they have mechanical problems." Ok. So Sunday it is. Sunday morning rolls around....NOTHING AGAIN!! Keep in mind, we're planning our weekend around them being there. Same issues. SOOO Monday it is.

They finally show up on Monday. That lasts until Tuesday. Come to find out, they don't have all the materials!!!! WTH?! Didn't they measure specifically for this job? Not to mention, one side of the room is all jacked up and not level and he couldn't figure out how to do the door screen on the other side!!!! We've called our sales person and our point of contact MULTIPLE TIMES with ZERO response or call back. At this point I'm half tempted to take it all down myself and tell them to come pick it up!!

Original review: May 3, 2021

In 2007 we purchased a solarium from Patio Enclosures. The quality was excellent and the solarium is the favorite room in our home. We’ve had very few problems. We have had only two minor water leaks that were repaired by Patio Enclosures with caulking at no expense to us. Recently, we discovered that one of the curved sections of glass has a water leak between the two panes of glass. We contacted Patio Enclosures’ service department in Cleveland. We expected that a service call would be scheduled and the repair would be made at no expense. Our contract has the same words Patio Enclosures uses today that we have a lifetime warranty. Our contract specifically says that Patio Enclosure warrants any glass breakage or leaks as long as we own our home.

We were shocked to learn that Great Day Improvements purchased the Patio Enclosures name in 2015 and are not standing behind any warranty issued prior to that acquisition. Any repair would be at our expense. A replacement panel would cost $3000. But there is a problem. Coincidently, Patio Enclosures had just been told the day before our call that their supplier of curved glass panels would no longer supply the panels and that there are no other suppliers in the world. Our only option was to have all our curved glass panels replaced with flat panels. That, of course, would mean a major rebuild of the entire solarium including the replacement of the major aluminum framing. The cost would be well north of $10,000. (Our solarium cost $26,000 in 2007.)

This tells me that the current promise of a lifetime warranty in Patio Enclosure ads and on their website is worthless. Great Day Improvements will most likely walk away from any recent warranties once they become a burden. We will now be searching the internet for someone who can repair our panel. With all the dual panel glass in the world there has to be a technology available for removing the moisture between the panels, injecting an inert gas, and resealing the panel. Apparently, Great Day Improvements (aka Patio Enclosures) cannot be bothered with repairs.

Resolution response: June 17, 2021

I was not previously satisfied with the work done by Patio Enclosures on my house but they have fully redeemed their services, making me a happy customer! They sent a manager from their corporate headquarters to assist the situation and I am so pleased with the rework they’ve done. Thank you guys for fixing everything and offering what I initially wanted and more. I recommend this company to anyone who needs these services!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

My design consultant did no such thing. Do you know the saying, “The customer is always right?” I, along with my friend who was with me during the consultation, don’t remember being shown two samples at all. I SPECIFICALLY chose the double-pane glass as that was the only sample I was shown. MAYBE if the job was done well, there would be less problems here, but that isn’t even the case. There are so many mistakes around the borders, the screws are out of place, and the cocking job is horrific. I’d also like to add I was never shown a copy of the contract prior to the agreement and the design consultant signed my name for me herself. SHE signed MY name and took it upon herself to fill in everything in the contract without letting me see it first.

Any time I sign my name, I write “Won In” and initial “W. I.” but on the contract, my name was written “In Won” and initialed “I. W.” My friend and I are native to Korea and English is not our first language. However, we fully understood everything during the meeting and I am beginning to believe this company, or its employees, are prejudice against people of different backgrounds and are trying to take advantage of their customers. Your business pamphlet states, “Congratulations. You have just made one of the best investments for your home...” However, this situation has proven to be the worst business encounter I’ve ever experienced and I regret not being smarter about putting my trust into your company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I've been in communication with Patio Enclosures for 5 months! I have a leak in my sunroom roof and need it repaired before it causes further damage. I have talked to the retailer in Louisville, the service manager in Indiana, a representative from the corporate office, and I am still waiting to be scheduled for repair. Continued silence leads me to believe they no longer provide service to maintain their product. Other similar sunroom companies refuse to repair Patio Enclosure structures. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Patio Enclosures author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Patio Enclosures has been in business since 1966. The company sells several types of sunrooms, including patio rooms, year-round sunrooms, conservatories and sunroom kits. Its headquarters are in Cleveland, where all of its products are manufactured.

• Free construction guide: Anyone can visit Patio Enclosures’ website to download a complimentary construction guide. Some of the content in the guide is promotional and specific to Patio Enclosures, but it also has information about measuring, site preparation and building permits that will benefit consumers who choose a different company.

• Comparison chart: Consumers who aren’t sure whether to choose a seasonal or year-round sunroom, patio room or conservatory can use Patio Enclosures’ comparison chart to see the features and options for each of the company’s offerings.

• Customer design: Patio Enclosures cuts and tempers all the glass for the sunrooms it builds. In-house glass cutting and tempering allows the company to fully customize the design of a room and its window sizes.

• Free consultation: Interested consumers can schedule a free in-home consultation by visiting Patio Enclosures’ website. Sale representatives are available seven days a week. During the consultation, the representative will recommend products based on the homeowners’ desires and the building and landscaping limitations as well as provide estimates.

• Warranties: Patio Enclosure sunrooms have a limited lifetime warranty on the glass, seals, frames and all other manufactured parts. The warranty is good as long as the original purchaser owns the home.

Patio Enclosures Company Information