2. Miscellaneous

4.7/5 (251 ratings)

About Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

LOVE Sherwin Williams products and their employees! The availability of colors and sheen along with the option to purchase a sampling quantity of paint has allowed me to realize the subtle different hues of blue on a wall as well as the ability to paint smaller objects without having to purchase an entire gallon of paint. Every tool or a supply I might need is under their roof – brilliant. Lastly, the employees are dedicated/knowledgeable/friendly and confident. Their suggested techniques and products make my finished work look professionally completed. I honestly can’t express how happy I am. Thanks – a dabbling housewife!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I love Sherwin-Williams paint, both the exterior and interior; everything from the paint's velocity, so there is no excess splatter when rolling, to the coverage, so there is no excessive time spent rerolling walls, to the selection of paint colors. And their Resilience Exterior Acrylic Latex looks as fabulous today as the day it went on; 6 years, later I'm still being asked what color I used. Since I've started used Sherwin Williams paint and have seen the quality, I won't go back to anything else. I am not only a color enthusiast and overly particular about my colors but a stickler for quality. Thanks, Sherwin Williams, for delivering on both!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

To me going down aisle after aisle I get the "High" other people get going into a mall or some fancy overpriced store. I have been trying to complete a 12 X 24 Tiny House but due to financial reasons (or as I call it my vehicle) eats away all my money for my house. Love that you all deliver or it would not be as far as it it. I was hoping to move into Christmas but As small as my house is. I want absolutely the bare necessities to finish it. I think I may be the only Homeless 64 yr old living on the street yet have a Tiny Home. But I need nothing any bigger and can spend time do other things. It can also be put on a flat bed so that I can get out and try to find my youngest son (he's 24) a EMS & Volunteer firefighter that has been missing the last 3 1/2 years. So walking through a industrial center helps me if only for a minute to forget my worries about my missing son. These are my candy stores.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Purchased a 1936 Spanish bungalow with plaster walls 9 years ago. It needed a complete paint job inside and outside. The paints I used, both flat and semi gloss were excellent. Coverage was 1 coat over darker walls that were not flat and smooth like drywall. I was able to coordinate colors that complimented the architecture of that era. Customer service was excellent and personalized...They have a record of what I bought in case I want to touch up at some point. 9 years later the paint looks just as good as when I first painted it. I highly recommend Sherwin Williams paint products and their service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I purchased a log sided home that was stained when we bought it. Sap was still bleeding through the stain so I decided to paint it in hopes that the paint would stop the sap bleed. I chose to use Behr paint. That was a mistake. This was a 2600 sq. ft. home. I painted the house 3 years in a row with Behr paint and continued to have sap bleed EVERY YEAR. I was so disappointed. I tried one more year but decided to use Sherwin Williams paint. IT WORKED, one application and the sap bleed STOPPED. That lasted for 5 years and at that point needed some touch up but certainly not an entire paint job. Thank you Sherwin Williams for keeping me from painting my house EVERY year.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Went to one store in Howard WI and was told they did not have the color to mix the color I needed and no one else did either. Called store in Green Bay on Oneida St and they said they had it. Went to pick it up and was never showed the color or told that we should prime before using. Color when opened was way lighter than the color asked for. Went to return and was not given refund. The employees that are there on weekends do not know what they are doing. Ended up going to True Value in Howard and they were awesome and knew what to tell me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The best paint on the market. From economy to industrial, I have used all of their products. I have tried other paint from box stores and there is no comparison. Dependability, durability, ease of use are the main pros to Sherwin Williams paint.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

High quality finish and rich color is the main read on I use this product. Their SuperPaint line covers in one coat, excellent for exterior trim work. The service is excellent, fast reliable and most of all knowable.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

In the past I always used Sears' Weatherbeater paint with perfect results, exterior and interior. After the decline of Sears, I have used SW paint for over 15 years and extremely happy, especially with the higher end selections. Most SW staff are very informative and cooperative as well.

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2021

Since I have posted my previous review the store where I bought my paint has contacted me and will honor their warranty. I am able to get 6 gallons of a more washable paint to redo my walls. The cost of the labor charges are not covered.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Two months ago we had the interior of our home professionally painted with Sherwin-Williams super paint interior acrylic latex paint, satin finish. Damp wiping of fingerprints prints leaves streaking and the wall is a lighter shade. The store will not accept their own paint warranty to allow us to fix this problem. Which says money back guarantee as long as you own your home if not satisfied. This paint is marketed as washable paint. The manager of our store said he had to come examine it but hasn't showed up when he said he would. Beware.

Sherwin-Williams author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

The company manufactures stains and supplies and is one of the best-known brands in the world. In fact, its paint is used on major monuments such as the White House, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood Sign.

• Sherwin-Williams paint: Sherwin-Williams offers many products for your painting project, including brushes, rollers, tape and accessories. Select one of its many primers, each formulated for different surfaces. Then choose from interior or exterior latex, oil-based or enamel paints. You can also purchase wood stains and sealers, spray paints, concrete and masonry finishes, and more.

• Sherwin-Williams colors: Sherwin-Williams prides itself on its vast color selection. With more than 1,500 paint colors, you’re sure to find one for your project. The website has several color selection tools, including a visualization tool that allows you to upload a photo of your room and click to change the colors of the walls.

• Paint calculator: The Sherwin-Williams website has a paint calculator to help you figure out how much paint you need for your project. Enter the total height and width of the wall you’re painting and tally the number of windows and doors for a quick calculation. You can also do a custom calculation that includes the texture of your wall and takes into account how many baseboards and crown moldings you have.

• ColorSnap in-home consultation: If you need help choosing colors for your project, Sherwin-Williams offers an in-home consultation with a professional. For $95 you get a pre-visit phone call to help the consultant learn about your style, a 90-minute visit, a $50 gift card to use toward your paint purchase, and a project shopping list.

• PaintPerks program: If you plan to purchase a lot of paint or supplies, sign up for the free PaintPerks rewards program. You can earn coupons and rewards after you’ve spent enough money to qualify.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Sherwin-Williams Company Information