4.1/5 (47 ratings)

About Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

The Sherwin-Williams where I purchased the paint has a helpful staff. They answered my questions about the difference between glossy and flat finish. I was able to choose from a variety of different shades in each color and which colors were complimentary. The quality of the paint is great. It can be easily wiped down. I would definitely recommend this paint brand and company. I will use this paint brand again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

One of the things I like about Sherwin Williams Paint is its extensive use and availability. I am in the Window Treatment Business and matching paint for Shutters is much easier due to the wide use of Sherwin Williams in nicer homes. Everything looks better when there is a perfect match. I would also like to point out they have the best coverage, look and selections to suit all your needs.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

For starters, I need less product to produce better results over other brands. This saves time and money. I have yet to have them match paint that is not exact to what I provide as the sample. It blows me away every time. They have simple choices to make the purchase experience a breeze. And as far as price or money spent for this product...simply not a concern. It is second to NONE!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Used to buy paint from Walmart cause I thought paint was paint. When I resided my house with James Hardie preprimed siding I did some research for the best paint to use. And asked some contractors their recommendations. And Sherwin-Williams A100 was the overwhelming answer. I was blown away after years of cheap paint how well this product performed. And how well it covered.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I had my house painted and the paint looks amazing. I would recommend the company to everyone. They have so many various options and the price is extremely great. The company has been the best and I have no words for their exceptional service to the paint industries. Additionally my HOA gave me to select this company and they use this paint company to select paints.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I went to two different stores. I was hoping to get better service. The first one the girl didn't know the paint I wanted was on sale. She kept telling me it's not until she actually checked like she should have the first time around. The second store, the lady wanted to know what I had used before, why I was choosing this product and on and on. All I had asked her to do is to show me the color I saw online and to make sure it look the same in the store.

When she finally did I told her it looked different and no I didn't want that color and gave her a swatch of what I wanted instead. She left the counter to go get me the color I didn't want. It was like she was in her own world and didn't want to hear what I was saying. Horrible attitude. Was in a mood to argue with someone. I told her never mind and thanked her for her time. As I was leaving she mumbled something under her breath. Why? I don't understand the quality of workers this place has. Unhappy, miserable and have no clue of the specials they have. It's really sad.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I have a contractor's account with them and they made a fraudulent $1000+ charge on my account and harassed me for months to pay. It wasn't until 4+ hours on the phone and me threatening to sue that they backed off. Then they said, "Oh sorry," after wasting my time and almost sending me to collections, countless back and forth emails etc. Nothing was done about their store making a fake thousand dollar charge on my contractor's account. Maybe that's how they run their business? Get people to make accounts and make fake charges then hope they don't notice? Stick to Benjamin Moore, better service and better products.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Went to one store in Howard WI and was told they did not have the color to mix the color I needed and no one else did either. Called store in Green Bay on Oneida St and they said they had it. Went to pick it up and was never showed the color or told that we should prime before using. Color when opened was way lighter than the color asked for. Went to return and was not given refund. The employees that are there on weekends do not know what they are doing. Ended up going to True Value in Howard and they were awesome and knew what to tell me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The best paint on the market. From economy to industrial, I have used all of their products. I have tried other paint from box stores and there is no comparison. Dependability, durability, ease of use are the main pros to Sherwin Williams paint.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

High quality finish and rich color is the main read on I use this product. Their SuperPaint line covers in one coat, excellent for exterior trim work. The service is excellent, fast reliable and most of all knowable.

Sherwin-Williams author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

The company manufactures stains and supplies and is one of the best-known brands in the world. In fact, its paint is used on major monuments such as the White House, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood Sign.

• Sherwin-Williams paint: Sherwin-Williams offers many products for your painting project, including brushes, rollers, tape and accessories. Select one of its many primers, each formulated for different surfaces. Then choose from interior or exterior latex, oil-based or enamel paints. You can also purchase wood stains and sealers, spray paints, concrete and masonry finishes, and more.

• Sherwin-Williams colors: Sherwin-Williams prides itself on its vast color selection. With more than 1,500 paint colors, you’re sure to find one for your project. The website has several color selection tools, including a visualization tool that allows you to upload a photo of your room and click to change the colors of the walls.

• Paint calculator: The Sherwin-Williams website has a paint calculator to help you figure out how much paint you need for your project. Enter the total height and width of the wall you’re painting and tally the number of windows and doors for a quick calculation. You can also do a custom calculation that includes the texture of your wall and takes into account how many baseboards and crown moldings you have.

• ColorSnap in-home consultation: If you need help choosing colors for your project, Sherwin-Williams offers an in-home consultation with a professional. For $95 you get a pre-visit phone call to help the consultant learn about your style, a 90-minute visit, a $50 gift card to use toward your paint purchase, and a project shopping list.

• PaintPerks program: If you plan to purchase a lot of paint or supplies, sign up for the free PaintPerks rewards program. You can earn coupons and rewards after you’ve spent enough money to qualify.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Sherwin-Williams Company Information