2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.34/5

Sherwin-Williams Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We just built a new home and all the ceilings and walls were covered with Sherwin Williams. Great selection of colors. Also we are building a 24 X 32 garage and a 10 X 14 shed and they will be painted.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I was very impressed, I notice that it took only one pass to cover the wall, of course we did 2 passes, but with other paints I used before will take me up 3 passes to cover well. Great product SW.

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We like how they save the color names for you and what room you put them in for future use. Have a wide variety of paint colors and styles that allows for good idea on how to paint your home once.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I wanted to reach out to let people know how pleased I am with my deck stain. I had run out and needed a match for the remaining 1/3 of my deck. The brand I had used was discontinued. The clerk matched up the color of the stain perfectly. I am so pleased. I just needed to say something.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I just want to tell you what Outstanding service I received from the store. I stopped in on Saturday, February 8th, 2020 to just get my can of paint mixed up. I found out that this paint can I had was 12 years old and may or may not be any good. Chris from the Commercial Store in Richfield, MN. showed me what my paint looked like after mixing it up. First of all there was rust pieces on the top layer of the paint because I didn't properly seal it. It was thick and Chris thought maybe if we added a little bit of water and removed all the rust debris I would have enough. He went back with my can of paint and with a mesh cloth he captured all of the debris and I got myself over half a quart of paint. He went over to the sink and added some water and mixed it all up. He opened the can to show me and it looked like a brand new can of paint!!! I actually had tears in my eyes!! This guy-went above and beyond what he had to do for me.

First of all it was a commercial store so he could have sent me on my merry way, but he didn't. You are so LUCKY to have an employee like Chris! And I haven't even told you the most amazing thing that happen to me. I asked him what I owed him for his time and he said nothing! I have told my story to so many of my friends and they will shop first at Sherwin Williams. Than-you Chris from the bottom of my heart for helping me out. The paint matched perfectly and I really can't thank-you enough!

Sincerely,

Susan

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I have used SW interior and exterior paint. I appreciate the SW store in matching and finding comparable colors for discontinued lines/color for flawless touch ups. I wish SW would offer Behr tops.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My husband uses their brand for commercial painting with his job. My brother is a salesman rep for the company. We use this brand in our homes. The paint is top quality and I refer people all the time.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I always thought paint was paint. I found that the Sherwin Williams paint was true to its color, was vibrant, and did a better job of coating than the other paints. It is Sherwin Williams or nothing!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I have been a customer for many years and used variety of the SW paints and coatings on new construction and refurbs. Great value and quality is a hallmark. The stores are a pleasure because variety.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

They have paint for all your needs, concrete, wood, plastics, and more. But it's not only a great paint but their staff is very knowledgeable on what you need to do to prepare the surface.

Sherwin-Williams author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

The company manufactures stains and supplies and is one of the best-known brands in the world. In fact, its paint is used on major monuments such as the White House, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood Sign.

• Sherwin-Williams paint: Sherwin-Williams offers many products for your painting project, including brushes, rollers, tape and accessories. Select one of its many primers, each formulated for different surfaces. Then choose from interior or exterior latex, oil-based or enamel paints. You can also purchase wood stains and sealers, spray paints, concrete and masonry finishes, and more.

• Sherwin-Williams colors: Sherwin-Williams prides itself on its vast color selection. With more than 1,500 paint colors, you’re sure to find one for your project. The website has several color selection tools, including a visualization tool that allows you to upload a photo of your room and click to change the colors of the walls.

• Paint calculator: The Sherwin-Williams website has a paint calculator to help you figure out how much paint you need for your project. Enter the total height and width of the wall you’re painting and tally the number of windows and doors for a quick calculation. You can also do a custom calculation that includes the texture of your wall and takes into account how many baseboards and crown moldings you have.

• ColorSnap in-home consultation: If you need help choosing colors for your project, Sherwin-Williams offers an in-home consultation with a professional. For $95 you get a pre-visit phone call to help the consultant learn about your style, a 90-minute visit, a $50 gift card to use toward your paint purchase, and a project shopping list.

• PaintPerks program: If you plan to purchase a lot of paint or supplies, sign up for the free PaintPerks rewards program. You can earn coupons and rewards after you’ve spent enough money to qualify.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Sherwin-Williams Company Information