4.73/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

15 Sherwin-Williams Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 27, 2018

Sherwin-Williams has far exceeded my expectations against time, wear and elements. It has been pleasant. It always goes on smooth and the colors are true to the samples. It does not clump as well. The cost can be exuberant for small projects though. Some finishes could be offered with the ability to be washed. Aside from that, I believe they are far ahead of other brands. Overall, I like the durability and choices of color. I also like their personal service and help choosing the right paint colors and finishes for small and large projects. Also its ability to get in and out quickly.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I like that Sherwin-Williams has very good coverage. I enjoyed working with it, it's not too thick and not too thin so it covers well. It has nice look and easy to apply. This paint DID everything I needed it to and it is holding up very well over time. Other than price being too high this paint is great.

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I selected Sherwin-Williams for the price. I expected it to be able to hold out longer than any other paint brand. It has enough paint for me to be able to use for a while without buying more. It's as good as I expected it to be for my usage.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I was searching for information about paint colors that I had in mind and came across this brand. Sherwin-Williams appeared to have the colors that I wanted and they received good reviews. I purchased and used and it totally met my expectations. Sherwin-Williams offer great paint colors. The paint is well made and has a durable finish. The colors stay looking great for a long time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I like how the customer service representatives at Sherwin-Williams are very knowledgeable about colors that match with each other. They are also very honest about colors that don't go well together and recommend me colors suiting my tastes. The customer service is great and I can tell that the store values their customers very much. I brought them a color sample I liked from a different store that they didn't have on the shelves, so the staff at Sherwin-Williams matched it for me in-store and made a sample for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherwin-Williams?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I picked this brand due to reputation, quality, price point and color selection as well as due to family and friend suggestions. The quality, color options and customer service at their retail stores are great. The price point is in middle of the road and the quality is among some of the best brands of paint. This paint meets all of my expectations.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The paints at Sherwin-Williams are quick dry, beautiful color, transparent, affordable, durable, blended in good, great for cover-ups. They was able to copy from the color book I took into the store. It is transparent so it will easily change colors to match whatever furniture is placed in the room. I would like to improve the places that it is available such as being on the shelves in different stores and not just the Sherwin-Williams paint stores. But other than that, the brand worked really well.The curing time was really fast. Everyone was very satisfied with the outcome. Overall the experience was great. I plan to use the same brand in the other rooms of the house.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I selected the paint brand because we used the company at my old job so I was familiar. My overall experience was great and customer service was awesome. The company met my expectations definitely. The pricing is affordable to almost any household budget and the colors they offer is wide. You can also custom make your own color and they have experts there to help you along the way for any task you are trying to do. I needed a custom color and it was hard to make and I like how attentive the employees were and how there is always someone there that wants to help you with whatever you need done. I like the viscosity of the paint they make. I also enjoy the quality of the paint as well and I find it to be an excellent choice when it comes to trying to find a quality paint that is going to look good with whatever project you have to do.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The last paint I have bought was from Sherwin-Williams to paint my kitchen. I used the online tool to help me decide which color would go best with my decor. I took a picture of my kitchen and uploaded it to the website app and played around with a few different colors, found the best match for me. Went to the Sherwin-Williams store and bought the color, came home and painted. The app tool was spot on & proved to be very useful because I love my kitchen colors and will continue to for years to come! SHERWIN-WILLIAMS has far exceeded my expectations and I feel like they have perfected their craft. My experience was delightful and I never dreamed it would be as easy as it was to find the perfect color for my kitchen. I am a satisfied customer and I will continue to use them for all my painting needs as well as give them my recommendations to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

This brand is one I always purchase. They have a variety of different colors and different styles of paint for certain activities. For example industrial paint and alkyd gloss paint used for the household. This paint brand provides all the paint styles I need to do any work from projects to regularly painting something and it's offered at an affordable price I can tolerate.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Excellent coverage and return features, great selection and colors to choose from. Also really covers the best of any paint that I have used before and I really liked all the special features. The best thing that I liked the most is that it dried faster than the rest. Hence with this paint I met all my expectations. A wonderful overall experience with this product.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Sherwin-Williams is my go-to store for all my paint needs. It is a couple of blocks from my home and the paint is dependable, with great service. I'm more than satisfied with Sherwin Williams for so many things. Employees were informative and led me through all the steps required to complete my project. I left with my various paints, brushes, rollers, and tools, so I would be prepared for every step. I painted an accent wall in my home, using Sherwin-Williams textured paint system. It involved 4 different paint coatings, several specialized rollers, and was a bit pricey. The end product was better than expected.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

First and foremost, the store is only a few miles from my home. For over twenty-five years, I have purchased the Sherwin-Williams brand and have been very pleased with the color, quality and durability of the paint. Having three children plus now grandchildren, the walls and color have held up well considering the abuse they have taken over the years. It is easy and great to go back for new paint projects and touch up paint and having it match perfectly. They can improve if they lower the price, however overall it is worth it and especially enjoy the longevity when you do the painting. The store is several miles away from my home, but other than this I will continue to purchase my product from them. Although I have tried other brands, my favorite is still Sherwin Williams.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I could buy this paint on a modest budget, and it was good quality, I am a first time painter and homeowner, the paint went on the walls very easily. I generally didn't know what I was doing but I had a great experience. It was extremely simple to pick out the right type of paint and use.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have been using this brand paint for many years now because it was washable and fairly priced. I have tried others but not so happy with them. To me this is the best brand of paint by far. The paint itself was not too thick or thin and it went on very well. It covers in one coat and goes on very smoothly. There is nothing I think that should be improved on the brand of paint except maybe sell them in smaller containers.

Sherwin-Williams expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

The company manufactures stains and supplies and is one of the best-known brands in the world. In fact, its paint is used on major monuments such as the White House, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood Sign.

• Sherwin-Williams paint: Sherwin-Williams offers many products for your painting project, including brushes, rollers, tape and accessories. Select one of its many primers, each formulated for different surfaces. Then choose from interior or exterior latex, oil-based or enamel paints. You can also purchase wood stains and sealers, spray paints, concrete and masonry finishes, and more.

• Sherwin-Williams colors: Sherwin-Williams prides itself on its vast color selection. With more than 1,500 paint colors, you’re sure to find one for your project. The website has several color selection tools, including a visualization tool that allows you to upload a photo of your room and click to change the colors of the walls.

• Paint calculator: The Sherwin-Williams website has a paint calculator to help you figure out how much paint you need for your project. Enter the total height and width of the wall you’re painting and tally the number of windows and doors for a quick calculation. You can also do a custom calculation that includes the texture of your wall and takes into account how many baseboards and crown moldings you have.

• ColorSnap in-home consultation: If you need help choosing colors for your project, Sherwin-Williams offers an in-home consultation with a professional. For $95 you get a pre-visit phone call to help the consultant learn about your style, a 90-minute visit, a $50 gift card to use toward your paint purchase, and a project shopping list.

• PaintPerks program: If you plan to purchase a lot of paint or supplies, sign up for the free PaintPerks rewards program. You can earn coupons and rewards after you’ve spent enough money to qualify.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Sherwin-Williams Company Information