1.84/5
Based on 407 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2281 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I originally purchased a 28 cubic foot French Door LG to replace a 28 cubic foot Samsung. Due to the construction of the LG, the drivers were unable to get the refrigerator in my door. I had to then search for another LG and ultimately had to purchase a 24 cubic foot. Very poor in terms of interior space and not because of the cubic foot size, because of the overall design.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We have the French door fridge from Sears but unfortunately it's an LG which we have had for 2 1/2 years. At 6 mos old it leaked all over my brand new cupboards, they came and fixed it saying it was a part missing but sent it out anyway. Now the compressor is gone but have said there isn't a warranty because Sears didn't buy an extended warranty. How am I supposed to know that because Sears is closed. I explained that the fridge is only 2 1/2 years old and they just repeat the same thing over and over. It is a terrible product and the customer service is terrible. I lost a lot of food but again, they don't care. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from any LG product.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We purchased an LG refrigerator and dishwasher at the same time. Happy with the refrigerator except for a problem with the freezer temperature. Then it started leaking. Had it about 2 years. Called the company who sent a repairman. The part was covered but over $1000 labor. Got a GE for replacement.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

DON'T BUY LG! I bought an LG stainless steel refrigerator and after 30 days the top 1/4 of the doors turned brown. LG says this is cosmetic and not their issue. I bought an extended warranty through BrandsMart and that company says they only cover electrical and mechanical. The store, BrandsMart, says it is an LG issue. Bottom line from this Abbott and Costello routine is that I am stuck with a 30 day old stainless steel refrigerator that looks rusted.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had a few problems with the LG fridge. It had a recall the first month we got it and then we kept having problems with the back of the freezer. It kept freezing so they had to come take it apart and defrost the back. We had it about 5 years and all the plastic parts were breaking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Love this fridge, just wish the ice cube dispenser/maker would make more and quickly. It would be helpful if the vegetable drawer (the big drawer on the bottom of the fridge) would come apart to clean.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

LG refrigerator compressor out & Home Depot protection plan - I’ve only had my LG refrigerator model#LFXC24726D FOR ABOUT 20 MONTHS. I was not expecting this to happen so soon. Luckily I have the Home Depot protection plan so it shouldn’t cost me anything out of pocket. But their service tech only comes through my area once a week and of course that was yesterday. They’re supposed to be finding someone else but have 48 hours to respond to me. I’m afraid it will be a week before anyone even comes out. It’s just extremely inconvenient to not have a refrigerator when you have teen boys and a family to feed. I’m already nervous about this happening again due to previous reviews of these LG refrigerators. We’ll see what happens.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Fridge was sold without a much needed hardware and software update. Suffered ice buildup in refrigerator side which was fixed in earlier version of refrigerator. Had awful time with repair folks not able to diagnose problem. Took three call outs to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We purchased this product (LMXS30776S) two years ago! The first one came out of the box defective! The second one has NEVER worked right either. The refrigerator section does not cool properly. Temp stays at 55 degrees. Called service center and was told the door was open. Not! The freezer section stopped cooling and we lost several hundred dollars in food. Again called service center and was told to open and close the door three times! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A MAJOR APPLIANCE from this company again. I could write more but as you can tell their service and products leave much to be desired!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Run away any LG products as your appliance. Horrible idea. Purchased this refrigerator (LG LSXS26326S) February 2016, not even two years old. The ice maker had gone out, no error code. THEN, the entire unit stopped being cold, again - no error code. Have lost everything in both compartments, and been advised from other techs, "Good luck." Have called the "wonderful" customer service now 8 times, and keep getting bounced back and forth between Warranty and Customer Service.

Ran the app for the LG fridge that does the sound to diagnose the issue, nothing is wrong with the fridge per the LG app. THEIR OWN PRODUCT IS BEING DIAGNOSED AS NO ISSUES BY THEM! (Yes, the door has to be open to use this app, but that's it). Was told that the unit is still under parts warranty... However by the time a service call will be had, someone out, we are fully expecting multiple calls and nothing to be resolved. Issue is the only LG authorized repair tech is 3-4 weeks out, for there are only TWO (2) in the entire state.

Had another tech come out and was told the issue is the sealed system. Everything looks fine, no codes, just not working. This unit is garbage and was, still available with Lowe's & Home Depot, for $1400. Don't waste your money on LG. Like every other consumer on this thread, avoid LG. Am now back on hold with customer service for was disconnected when they transferred me from Warranty to Customer Service. Never, ever again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

The LG refrigerator fit perfectly in the space I had available. It is easy to clean and fingerprints are seldom seen. The refrigerator was a good value for the money when purchased in a set and so far it has been very reliable.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Horrible customer service. The refrigerators never fall apart, they are wrong. The refrigerators are crap. I have one that’s three years old and three compressors later and they still won’t help me out.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! Try to keep short. Refrigerator 5 years old. Non functioning since November 15, 2017. Serviced x 3. Service charge totalling $401.25. Deemed unfixable by technician! After multiple phone calls to LG (wait x 40 + minutes each and every time). Most recent call 830 tonight. Was told tech forgot to turn in for request for new refrigerator. Today's date 1/10/2018. Was told we would have to wait til 1/16/2018 for review!!! LG could sell toilet paper; wouldn't buy!! They are not worth **!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I kind of feel bad, because I just read the other reviews, and my complaints are as bad as theirs. However, I am so anxious about what's to come. My story is I'm heartbroken at the purchase of this LG refrigerator model# LMXS30776S. We used the money that my mom left us to buy it, and we went to Home Depot many times, looking at the refrigerators to pick just the right one to remember her by, and decided on this LG door in door, December 2016. From the very beginning, the door in door would not open, and would not close properly.

We gave it some time, but called in less than a month old. In January, they came out... one of the repairmen said to "man -up and don't open it and close it like a girl." When we told him it doesn't open or close, like in the multiple stores we tested, he said, "he didn't care about the stores, to give it time to "wear in" like the stores." I told him I did care that it worked like the refrigerators that I tried out. Again, he said to give it time.

We waited for 2 or three months and called another repairman. He came out and basically said the same thing. He said he had the same refrigerator, and it did the same thing. I said, "And your wife is willing to put up with this? He said, "you get used to it." We waited almost a year and called another repairman from Home Depot (our LG warranty was up.) He came out and said since nothing was "broken", he could not fix a door that would open, even if it didn't open correctly. He couldn't fix a rattle in the door or what I thought was the motor, because essentially everything was working (the right temperature, motor not stopped, door opened etc.)

He told me that's the way warranties work... things have to be broken, not just "not working right." Over $3,000 is a lot of special money to spend on a refrigerator that doesn't work right, but won't be fixed. LG definitely does not stand behind their products. I will not ever buy an LG again, and I so wish I had read the reviews before buying - AND, like I said before, am so nervous now for what's to come.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I bought a LG French door refrigerator (Model: LFX28978ST/00) on 8/27/10 from Home Depot. It retailed for $2399. LG only gives a 1 years parts and labor on most of the unit. I purchased an extended warranty from Home Depot. In less than 2 years, the icemaker in the door when out. The extended warranty replaced, no charge. I have now had the unit 7 years and 4 months and the cooling system is going bad. Only the compressor is under warranty (10 year). To fix, I'm looking at over $1000 and $700 of that is just labor. This was my first LG product and it WILL BE MY LAST. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I hate to complain about products, it is not my nature to do so. The ice maker in our new LG LFX25974 is as poorly designed as I I could possibly imagine. The ice tray will not always break the cubes out of the tray and drop them in the bin. It rotates upright and then overfills with water which overflows the tray and when it freezes again, the tray is frozen in place and will not dump the cubes.

When the freezer goes into the defrost cycle it cause the cubes to thaw on the outside and then they re-freeze into an ice bridge. There is no fix for these problems even though LG will drag you through a troubleshooting process. They know it is a poor design but refuse to address it. The best solution is to not purchase a built in ice maker. You will cuss this thing all the time if you try to use it. I would have given them a better score if they had been honest with me, which they were not.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

We purchased an LG French door fridge in September 2014. The fridge has broken over 6 times since then. Fridge freezing, freezer not working, total shut down, you name it it broke. The computer board went 2 or 3 times, partly due to bad repair and wrongly installed. The compressor then went. Through all of this we lost hundreds of dollars of food and the fridge leaked and ruined our kitchen cupboards. Calling LG is the worst customer service. They provide the run around and takes days/weeks to respond and constant followup is required. They constantly say they are reviewing our case, but then come back and it is up to us to call back in and book something else. We are on the 6th time the fridge broke down, 9 days no fridge and numerous calls to LG. Avoid LG fridges!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Bought LG French door fridge for $3275.00. Compressor went out in less than three years. Floor damaged and food lost, as we were not home that weekend. Called LG, they said try to find someone to work on it. Had two different repairman out, neither would work on it since it's due to the compressor. Something about closed systems. Sears repair said they don't work with warranties and Best Buy said they didn't have a qualified person to work on it. Went through the Holidays with without that fridge. Been on the phone many times with LG, only to be told they'll call me back, but have not. It's been over a month now. I don't know what to do, it's still under warranty. I saved for a long time for that thing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My LG black stainless steel refrigerator all of the paint is chipping off - not a year old yet. I am very disappointed in this product and would like my money back for all because I feel the others will start chipping as well. They have already replaced two drawers on the ref. and now the French doors are chipping. I am very dissatisfied with LG black stainless steel. I still need to buy the dishwasher and the washer and dryer but I am afraid that all of the paint will chip off of those as well. Would not recommend LG black stainless steel to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am not a wealthy woman so when I bought the LG fridge I thought it would last a long time (Only replaced because my 14 yr. old fridge died). It is 2.5 years old and it quit on December 24, 2017 (our Christmas dinner sitting in that fridge was ruined). I called their customer service dept., was hung up on the first call; the girl I spoke with last did the smartphone diagnosis which truly is a joke. Said freezer door was open. It wasn't and hadn't been. All the food inside was lost, so we are now trying to make do with a small cooler to keep a few things.

Don't know when or if it will be fixed. Bought at Home Depot and I'll tell you neither LG nor Home Depot is going to do anything. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't have the money to replace all the food lost. It's so very frustrating. I've heard so many complaints since this happened. Wish there was a group lawsuit; I'd join in. If you go on Home Depot site, the new customers just love them. Hope they won't have this happen but I'm sure now that most will. Wish I could warn anyone who's going to buy one and I hope this helps.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

3 yr old Kenmore (LG manufactured) refrigerator went out at Thanksgiving. Sears was very slow to respond. Tech came out and immediately said it was compressor without even touching the fridge. He said they were replacing them left and right. Part was ordered and it took two weeks to get it. He came back out and it was either the wrong part or it wasn’t a functioning compressor. Fast forward to now and we received the compressor on Tuesday and they are telling us it will be next week before anyone will come out to make repair. It has been 6 weeks now without a refrigerator. We went out and bought a 4 cubic foot fridge that gets us by - barely. Don’t know if it will work when they come back again next week but hopeful. Sick of LG and Sears!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My LG french door is only 2 years old and the refrigerator section stopped cooling. The freezer compartment continues to keep my food cold and frozen. We contacted customer service and had a very challenging time explaining the customer service rep what the problem was. Finally, he said he would have a repair company contact us. The repair company that contacted us is 4 hours away!!! And only service the area I live in once a week. They did work on the refrigerator and determined that a part had to be ordered for it. The repair company said they would contact us as soon as the part arrived. We are now in our 4th week without refrigeration!!! Yes, we had to go through the holidays using coolers and have lost so much costly food! My husband just contacted the repair company again and was again told that they would call us as soon as the part came in. I WILL NEVER BUY AN LG REFRIGERATOR AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

This is the WORST appliance I have ever owned! Second day after receiving it we had to call repair out due to ice forming in freezer. So much ice in freezer we couldn't pull out the drawers. LG said it was a design flaw and fixed it. Fast forward. Luckily we had taken the extended warranty out for 5 years. In the 5 years we owned it before the warranty was up we had to have it repaired a total of 5 times with the last repair being the refrigerator totally stopped cooling. LG replaced the circuit board and said that should fix it. It didn't. They came back out and replaced the compressor. This fixed it but not totally. We were without a refrigerator for 1 full month. We had to turn the temperature lower than what it was actually cooling. I should have called them out again at that point but it was cooling.

About a month after the warranty was out it stopped cooling to where it should be. Called repair again. They refused to work on it. Said they did everything they could do. Plus if it was the compressor again we would have to pay for labor. Also if it was the control panel, they only have refurbished parts because they don't make that anymore. We were concerned about it not being fixed after paying a bunch for labor so decided to have it taken to the dump after only 5 years and purchased a different brand that is made in the USA. We originally paid $2800 for this piece of crap!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Seems my problem (compressor & HORRIBLE customer service) is one of MANY complaints about the LG refrigerator. It is junk and the service techs are even worse!!! No one cares and there really is no one to talk to as it seems even the managers and supervisors are deaf tone. The Filipinos are very nice... but NOT HELPFUL at all. It is like they just read from their computer prompt with every statement you make. My question is: WHERE AND HOW DO WE GET A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?! $3000 fridge should last more than 3 yrs! I have a small fridge that is 21 yo and has never had a service call and still works! My in laws have a fridge from 1978 that STILL WORKS! Wth?! Junk!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

PAID 1900 FOR HIGHLINE UNIT. Unit fan in freezer went out. Took 3 weeks to get part, lost $400 in food. Home Depot was helpful after screaming at them. Now fan out again and all food lost. Out of warranty and they want to send their people to my home. Awful service and awful appliance. No help and left with mess.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We purchased the LG Refrigerator model LSX26366S from Home Depot and it was delivered on 4/21/15. We paid $200.00 extra for 5 year protection plan. Paid $1799.00 for it new. It died before Thanksgiving on 11/21/17. They said it needed a seal system. Parts came in and they repaired the compressor and drier on 12/4/17. Christmas Eve, 12/24/17 it stopped working again, only 20 days after repair. Today repair guy said it needs a condenser and drier. So here we are today without a refrigerator again. We will not buy an LG appliance again. They should have a 10 year warranty on everything. The $200.00 protection plan saved us of a total loss but we also lost over $700.00 in total food with the two times it failed. I had to take off two days to meet repairman and it looks like a third day when they get the parts in.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

My refrigerator has been a nightmare since the day I bought it. A month into the purchase the freezer drawer would not pull out. No big deal. The repairman came and fixed it. Recently, however, was the worst when I walked downstairs on Christmas night and heard dripping water and found it coming from the ceiling of the bedroom-right underneath the fridge. At midnight my grandchildren and I we were unloading food into our cheap garage fridge which we paid about $300 for and has never given us an ounce of trouble! This occurrence was another water line that goes to the ice dispenser. My LG is 5 years old and this is the second time this has happened. It has ruined my wood floors for the second time. I have to replace baseboard for the second time. I have to replace sheetrock for the second time. But this time I have to replace my beautiful cabinetry in my kitchen and that is almost impossible to match and will be a major expense.

The first time the repairman came he told me LG uses cheap tubing that cracks over time (less than two years). He replaced one tube, but evidently not the other, hence the second major leak. The tubing cost around $12 to replace, less the house call for the repairman. Now can anyone tell me why LG can't put a piece of decent tubing on the back of the refrigerator in the first place. It would save so many people so much grief, so much money and so much time. Come on LG, can't you put out an appliance that would make people happy rather than cost them a fortune in house repair? For an extra $12? Really? You can't spare a $12 profit to make a decent appliance? Remember, Life is Good, until your LG refrigerator leaks through your wood floors and sheetrock - twice.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

My LG refrigerator stopped working and it was almost 3 years old. No one will work on the refrigerator due to warranties on certain parts. The service provider in my area is not taking any work orders until after the New Year. It is the compressor which should go up in the little bit of time. The whole experience has been frustrating with LG and trying to find another company to work on this so I didn't have to wait. The compressor from what I understand can take up to 3-4 weeks to come in. Deciding the pay for the labor, not cheap, so made a decision that I didn't want to make since this refrigerator wasn't cheap. So today I decided to purchase a new refrigerator and not wait for this.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I purchased an LG refrigerator from Costco... It's a piece of junk and failed after 1 1/2 years. Costco's web page claims if you buy a major appliance from them it will have a two year warranty. However, neither LG or Costco and their claimed concierge service are truthful. It's just not the case. I have been trying to get this resolved for two weeks. My family has no refrigerator... thus no cold food. It was planned for the rest of my family to come for Christmas. Now that is not going to happen as I have no way to preserve food and prepare it. Costco and LG have ruined the Christmas for my family. Never buy an LG appliance as they do not support it. Don't believe Costco...their two year plan and concierge service is a joke. I literally have been on hold with both of these companies for at a minimum of six hours and gotten nowhere. This is the worst product support I have ever had in my life...and I am no spring chicken.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I purchased my LG refrigerator in 2015, within one year the ice maker died. This is after they delivered it and set it up wrong and flooded my house doing a significant amount of water damage (we've paid for everything out of pocket). Now two years later, the compressor died. We have been trying since November to find a LG service provider in our area to fix it. Needless to say a month later LG tells us to find our own repairman and they will cover the part. This refrigerator is in my rental property and we had to purchase a second refrigerator for the tenants because it's taken LG so much time to look for a service provider. We paid $2950 for the fridge, $200 for the ice maker, $11,000 in damages from the improper hookup, $800 for a second fridge, and now it will be $500 for the repairs (not including the $400 compressor). All these reviews are 100% accurate, stay away from LG products!!!

LG Refrigerators Company Information