LG Refrigerators
  • 1 star
Based on 332 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

LG Refrigerators

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

2021 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 10, 2017

Purchased LG 4 piece kitchen bundle - Black Stainless Steel; fridge (LMXC23746D), stove, micro and dishwasher. I've noticed for the past few months that paint is peeling around the handles, borders/edges of the doors. I called LG for the fridge, I had to purchase extended warranty for 60 days for them to come out and check the fridge. Technician took pics, don't know what they going to do to repair, I'm guessing I'm going to have purchase extended warranty for micro, stove, they have same problem/issue. Anybody have problems or issues as me?

Updated on 5/19/2017: Technician came out 5/8/17, took pictures of the refrigerator. Today I called them since they haven't called regarding issue. I spoke to customer service. They said cosmetics issues is not covered. So my issue will not be fixed!!! Not only is the refrigerator, but the stove, microwave too! Call an attorney? I'm still paying for this LG bundle!! Help!!! Confirmation # with LG - **.

Original review: May 9, 2017

We bought a $4000 LG refrigerator from Home Depot 13 months ago. When we first received it, we noticed the plastic piece above the fruit/vegetable drawers was broken. A repairman said that he would order the part and return once it was received to install it. That never happened. I let it go since the refrigerator itself was functioning fine. Unfortunately, as soon as the 1 year warranty expired, so did the refrigerator and the freezer. They both stopped working. The LG repairman states that he needed to order a part and would return. He did so, but unfortunately the new part that was installed didn't fix the problem.

A few hours later the refrigerator also developed a loud noise as well as a vibration. The repairman was supposed to come back this morning, but LG called 30 minutes ahead of time to say that the repairman called in sick and they don't have an alternate repairman (even though I live in middle of LA). A repairman is scheduled to come back tomorrow. We'll see what happens. We're upset because we have had to be inconvenienced several times for a repair to a very expensive appliance that is relatively new. We have 3 kids and cannot survive without a refrigerator! I'm never buying an LG product again.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased an LG ref side by side less than 2 years ago and the ice maker went out. Two weeks later the service man came out and said it was the board and not covered. A week later and the board was in and the ice maker still didn't work right. Then everything quit. So two weeks the service man came out and said the compressor was gone but the parts were covered not labor. Two weeks the parts came in and two men worked all day and it still didn't work but I was still charged. The repair man said it may have been a bad board and ordered another one. It came in but he ordered the wrong one. Now another two weeks and it is to be installed tomorrow. The service dept at Fred's said they will sell me another one at their cost. BFD just can't get anyone to show some responsibility. LG service is a joke and the people I spoke to were rude and told me too bad there is nothing I can do. Anyone want to start a lawsuit?

Original review: May 8, 2017

I called LG and they scheduled a repair for me. I took the day off from work to be home for the repair and 2 days before the repair company calls to tell me they couldn't make the appointment and that LG just tentatively schedules a service call. They never communicated that to me, kept me on the phone for over an hour waiting to get to the correct department and then had me "jump through hoops" to have the money paid for the "repair" refunded to my account. I would never buy a LG product again. In addition the dishwasher isn't worth the $1000.00 I spent on it!

Original review: May 8, 2017

Bad Service - 38 months old French Door with dual ice makers and the in door ice maker fails. It makes ice but cannot seem to get them to fall when it turns to empty without getting stuck and making a clicking noise. I called LG and they connected me to an LG authorized service center 70 miles away. The service center called the day they were to arrive and asked me how I was going to pay. I asked for an estimate and was informed that ice makers cannot be repaired as LG does not fix ice makers but only replaces them for a cost of $500. The reason that was provided is they are made in Korea. What a bunch of BS from the authorized service center. I just canceled the order for all LG products on the new home going up. I would not take the chance with their product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: May 5, 2017

I am on my second refrigerator since my first one failed and they replaced it. Now I am waiting on a repairman to look at the new one. What a pile of crap. When you phone they tell you to unplug the fridge for 3 to 12 hours then plug it back in. How stupid is that. What if I was on vacation. Totally unreliable.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I was out of country for business when my wife tells me our 5 year old LG refrigerator stopped working. I had her call LG customer service department (India). They provided her with an authorized LG Service Center 50 miles from our house. The cost for the service center to make the service call to my home was $215 which included 1 hour of labor that would be applied to the service call and anything left over applied to the repair. It took the service center 1 week to make the service call. At 5 years my refrigerator has only a 7 year warranty on the compressor with no labor covered. The service call by the service center determined the compressor and motherboard were bad. The repairman only assessed the call for 15 minutes leaving 45 minutes toward repair. I was also told that I would have to get the parts from LG. Contacted LG for the parts and they said the service center would have to order the parts.

I went back and forth for about a week between the service center and LG. Got an LG Case Number that was offered after about the 15th call to LG. I asked for a US based LG customer service rep and was told that does not exist. Today LG offered to send the Service Center a "Part Authorization #" so that they could order the parts. I am going on 3 weeks without a refrigerator functioning in my home. I was told the Part Authorization # will take at least 3 days. The service center says once they have the Part Authorization # it will take about a week to get the part. Then another week to come out for the service repair call. If you are thinking of purchasing an LG product you are out of your freak'n mind.

Original review: May 4, 2017

After having this fridge (LG 29.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator MODEL LFXS07265) for only 16 months there was a failure with this product and I had to throw out all the food. I called LG and they required a warranty purchase $328 dollars for 60 days before they could send someone to house for repairs. I was surprised that LG would not stand behind their product that was less than 2 years old citing that this was out of warranty. I did a look up online and noticed that error code I had was very common and other customer has the same issue, yet LG sits on their hands and continues to push this product without acknowledging a known issue with their product.

I am recommending staying away from any LG product based on LG's product reliability is one of the worst I have seen for a major appliance. Symptoms. Loud fan, water and ice dispenser stopped working and refrigeration failed. This is more of a oven now as the temp gauge shows that it is 80 degrees vs the 38 I have it set to. I am posting this review on my internal social network at work so that this is available to 350,000 plus employees at work advising them to stay away from LG.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Literally the day I finished paying for my $2800 French Door LG refrigerator, it stopped working. At first I thought it was the ice maker. Had a repair person out who reset it and said to call back in 24 hrs if it didn't work. After 24 hrs still no luck, but now I've started realizing that I keep throwing stuff away in my refrigerator after just a day or so because it's gone bad. Finally after about 2 weeks of this, I realize that the refrigerator is not cooling, despite the 32 degrees reading on the outside temp setting.

Call another repair person out after calling several that don't deal with LG because they say they're garbage and he says he can't fix it, to call LG and ask for a courtesy one time flat rate repair. I do that, he comes out, and says it's the compressor which is on back order until May 20. More than 2 weeks from now. Wonder why the part is on backorder? Maybe because it's garbage and everyone seems to have the same problem? Please please please don't make the mistake of buying these products. They are absolute junk. As are Samsung as well. These are the two all the repair people I've spoken to say to stay away from.

Original review: May 4, 2017

We purchased a brand new LG french door refrigerator (bottom drawer freezer and 2 door refrigerator with ice and water in the door). We purchased it through Home Depot for $2200 in April 2016. We researched and shopped around and felt good about the purchase. Didn't buy extended warranty - why would we... it's a brand new fridge with manufacturers warranty and solid company right?? WRONG!!!

I NEVER write online reviews. This experience is so shockingly horrible I had to submit a review. The ice in the door constantly melts and refreezes. When it refreezes it bonds the giant chunk of ice from the ice maker to the door. You need an icepick or a crowbar to then remove the ice maker from the door. Of course, as soon as you pry it apart, the entire bin of ice and melted water drops onto the floor and all around your feet. The melted ice block fills every nook 6 inches deep into the ice maker. Again, using an icepick you can chop up the ice and use your vacuum or spoons to extract all the ice.

Home Depot won't touch this. Refer you to LG Customer Service. Took multiple calls and LG over the phone told us it was our fault and we must be leaving refrigerator door open too long and were melting the ice. They told us to open the refrigerator door NO MORE THAN 1-2 TIMES PER DAY??? Finally, they sent a technician. The technician reviewed the fridge and told me LG is terrible and he sees this all the time. However, his report back to LG indicated he found no issues. LG issued report to us that we need to TURN OFF THE ICEMAKER every night before bed and empty the bin.

In the morning we can turn the ice maker back on but that we MUST USE ALL THE ICE EACH DAY OR TURN IT OFF. They claim the ice maker is so efficient and meant to make more ice than we can use because they were getting complaints it wouldn't make enough ice. So we've been turning the ice maker on and off each day - which makes us open the refrigerator doors twice a day by the way. And the problem is still there. Thanks LG!! What a waste of $2200. A waste of many people's time in your games and a ridiculous strategy. Buyers are savvy and expect more than stupid answers. A very unsatisfied customer who is also a realtor and refers people to buy new appliances all the time! Will make sure people don't buy LG for sure!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Ice maker always breaks. Gets hot every time you open. Total garbage. Ice maker bucket broke after months of use. Ice maker door broke. Compressor shorts cycles always. $2800 fridge total waste of money. Stay away. I would leave a 0. Do not buy. Crap times 2800!!!!

Original review: April 30, 2017

Special ordered a large LG refrigerator on the recommendation from the salesman from Home Depot. The outside of the refrigerator dents with just the push of your finger. So needless to say looks awful. I bought the extra warranty. I called LG, said warranty is up. As soon as the warranty ran out. We have a frost built up in the freezer. Every 3 months we manually have to take everything out and defrost the freezer. An ice built up under the drawer, snow on everything, can't even close the freezer until this is done. It's only 6 years old. A refrigerator should last longer than this. Flapper between the french doors quit working, so you manually have to close this before you can close the doors. I would never buy this refrigerator again or would recommend to anyone. We paid a lot of $ for this thing.

Original review: April 30, 2017

We bought an LG LFX31925ST French Door refrigerator in January 2012. It has operated flawlessly. Both my wife and I have frequently commented on what a great purchase this was. We recently observed a periodic error message indicating that a freezer fan was failing. Since I don't expect anything mechanical to run forever, I was happy that the product pointed me to the likely problem with an error message. I was impressed that I was easily able to download owner and repair manuals online, and that part diagrams and the parts themselves were readily available from numerous sources. We ordered the needed part and removing the freezer drawer and replacing the back wall with new sensor and fans was a $100 repair that took 45 minutes at most.

We have owned refrigerators in the past that required a new ice maker every year. Our LG ice maker is now more than 5 years old and with daily use still works perfectly. I'm sold on LG products. I don't have the receipt anymore, but these are the registration details: Model Number: LFX31925ST. Serial Number: 106KREL0F452. Purchase Date: 01/12/2012.

Original review: April 29, 2017

3500 dollars spent on a pile of junk refrigerator. Unit's Freon loop has failed internally at 8 months old. Five repairmen later and 6 weeks without a working refrigerator, don't buy any LG products. Horrible customer service and my personal feeling is they don't care!

Original review: April 28, 2017

LG made us buy the extended warranty last year when our fridge needed service, something that would cover any necessary repairs in the future as they recommended. Now, our fridge needs service again but LG is not committing to any repair. Instead they want to refund us what we paid for the warranty minus $100 (which $298), even though it says in the contract that they would reimburse the value of the fridge if the repair to the unit is deemed not cost effective. Shame on you LG for not honoring the contract. I'll call my senator, and every phone numbers out there to bring this to light.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Compressor went bad after 11 months. LG replaced the compressor. That one was bad as soon as it was plugged in. Replaced a third time. It has worked for 5 years and stopped cooling again. Been trying for 2 weeks to get someone to come and fix it. 4 bad compressors in 5 years. If you're thinking of buying a refrigerator think other than LG.

Original review: April 24, 2017

After over 25 minutes on the phone I found out the service call for LG Service Repair will be $338.00 for parts and home visit. All I needed was a less than $5.00 French Door spring replaced and I know the repair would have taken less than 5 minutes. This is VERY expensive. So we ordered part from another retailer and will do it ourselves. This is over the top expensive. Love my LG appliances but not the cost of a service call. This is OUTRAGEOUS. Hope LG reads this!

Original review: April 24, 2017

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK... I DID. My 4-year old LG fridge stopped working. The fridge was warm and the cooler was warm but everything else worked (lights, water). I had the same horrible experience as most of the reviews I have read. Multiple phone calls leading to nowhere. Had 3 different techs sent by LG and all diagnosed different problems. One said I needed new compressor, the other said compressor was fine but that I had a blockage, the third said I have a leak. I was still covered under the warranty but the techs all explained that the fix was extensive, might not solve issue and it could break down again.

I've never been more proud and embarrassed at myself in my life. I kicked and screamed and shouted and fought with them on the phone for over an hour and a half until they approved me getting my money back (even then I waited for the confirmation email saying so). I'm not the type of person to act like that but ultimately I had to be to get what I deserved. My advice, don't give in and fight like heck to get your money back... it can happen. LG should be ashamed of themselves for bad products and horrible customer service. Very few positive reviews about their refrigerators.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I am in the middle of what all the other reviewers have said about LG. I am so frustrated that I just had to tell somebody my story. My 1600.00 French Door Freezer on the bottom is nine months old. It just stopped working. I have talked to LG 3 times and get the same answer. We have only one repair person in the area and he can't see it for 3 weeks. I have talked to Home Depot where we purchased it and they said there is nothing they can do for us. I have spent one week on the phone and from what I am reading it looks like I have a long road ahead. Never will buy another LG anything. We are living out of a college dorm sized refrigerator in the house and our old Sears Kenmore in the garage. My 87 year old blind mother lives with us so needless to say this is difficult for her. I can only keep the things she needs in the house. PLEASE if you are reading this DO NOT buy LG.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I thought I had purchased a great 30 cubic French door refrigerator 5 years ago for $3k but I was wrong! I have been without a working refrigerator since Super Bowl Sunday 2017, it is now April 20th 2017 and still have no working refrigerator! LG had sent out their contractor a number of times and the back freezer fan and compressor has been changed twice and the gas valve changed and still it doesn't work! Customer service and executive team can't seem to help a mom with toddlers. I have been treated horribly, LG doesn't care! I recently went looking at new appliances at Home Depot and they recommend LG until I told them my story and that awesome salesman will no longer recommend LG! I will continue to tell my story until something is done to repair my fridge!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Purchased This $2600.00 LG LFXS30766S Refrigerator from Home Depot. Right side door will not seal properly. Thank God I purchased the extended warranty (So I Thought). Had a technician out and his answer was this is normal with LG. Called LG direct (that was a joke, they read a script off to me). They had me jump on one leg and rub my head and basically ask me if that fixed the problem. I was advised to call Home Depot again which advised me to call customer service again. I'm done with both of them. I'm selling this piece of junk and buy a $800.00 basic refrigerator like I had.

Original review: April 19, 2017

A total pile of crap!!! Would not recommend any LG product ever again!!! Their customer relations are bar none crap!!! Bought a $2500 boat anchor compressor. Failed and well they want $500 just for me to buy a service contract so it can be fixed!!! Hell no!!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Purchased an extended warranty on March 14, 2017 for my LG refrigerator for $375 through Assurant which LG told me I had to go through to get coverage. LG contacted Royal Electronics from Bunnell Fl. to service my refrigerator. R.E. phone #386-756-1775. R.E. contacted me to set up date to come to my home to look at my refrigerator. R.E. did show up but only after cancelling the first appointment and showing up a week later. The service repairman was very friendly but came completely unprepared and was ready to walk out the door when I brought it to his attention that he hadn't even checked the ice maker, which was one of the main reasons he was there. The other was the water inlet valve in the back of the refer. Jumping ahead repairman said he order the parts but that the refer was old (7yrs) and I might not be able to get all the parts for it. Sad.

I'm waiting almost two weeks and hear nothing from R.E. I call them back and they say they can't get the ice maker anymore (no longer available). I went online and found the part myself at repairclinic.com. I called R.E. back and said they could get the part from repairclinic. R.E. told me they only order parts from approved suppliers through LG. I called LG and they said they would authorize the purchase, and let R.E. know to go ahead and order the parts. In the meantime I'm still making phone calls both to R.E. and L.G. really getting nowhere. Assurant has already charged my credit card twice ($250 now), and nothing has yet to remedy my broken refer 6 wks later. R.E. never calls back and I always had to call them.

Collette from R.E. told me the part was on its way but she didn't have a tracking number and that we would just have to wait to hear from her again. She told me not to call again because she would call me (that never happened). So now after at least two working days on the phone, on hold more than half the time, I decided to cancel my insurance policy. I call LG and they said they would charge me $100 and refund the rest. They said this was to pay for the service call to my house by the repairman. I received really no service at all, and I'd be a fool to keep playing phone tag with two companies that obviously have no intentions of making it right. I believe R.E. was being spiteful that I went above their heads and found the part I needed from another company. (Prior, R.E. insisted to me that the parts could no longer be obtained because the part was no longer manufactured.)

They just did not want to do their job and that's incompetence as far as I'm concerned. What a win fall for R.E. All the repairman does is show up and he gets paid. LG should refund all my money for the trouble I have been put through. A refrigerator that cost me about $2400 should last (in my book) at least 10 yrs before something goes wrong with it. LG mindset, it's time to buy a new one in 6 to 7 yrs. What a shame and what happened to pride in the products we buy in the USA? Wasteful! Wasteful! Wasteful! I shall go on to order the parts myself and try to repair my refrigerator. What happened to the days when you would call a repairman and he would have the parts in his truck and he'd fix it right then and there?

Original review: April 18, 2017

On 4/14 I contacted LG Direct Service regarding my refrigerator not cooling. The refrigerator was no longer under warranty so they suggested some local service providers. At this point the service rep offer me a service contract for the unit, explaining that I would have a 60 day service contract for a cost of $365.04 and they would send a technician out to fix the unit on 4/17 between 8:00 am and 12:00. On 4/17 the technician was a no show. I contacted LG Direct Service regarding the matter. That had no answer for me and kept referring me to Assurance, who apparently is a third party to actually held the service contract that I thought I got from LG Direct Services. This whole time I had been dealing directly with LG as implied by the name.

In any event, Assurance informed me that he was only service provider in my area, and that they would send another request to him. So I was told now that the technician would be arriving between 8-12:00 on 4/19. LG Provided me with the number of the provider so I attempted to contact him on 4/18 in an effort to confirm the appointment. After numerous attempts with no answer other than a recording with a full mailbox, I contacted LG Direct Service again. I explained that I could not contact the provider and needed to have this appointment confirmed. They attempted to contact the provider but had the same response that I did.

After 2 hours of mostly being on hold listen to a recording tell me over and over again that they know how valuable my time is, I am informed that the guy will not be coming tomorrow. He rejected the request for the service. It turns out he rejected the first request for service as well. So the appointment that LG Direct Service told me I had, never even existed. No phone call or e-mail to let me know. So I took off of work for no reason. Had I not called on 4/18, the same thing would have happened. Now LG just keeps trying to pass the buck onto Assurance. LG tells me that the technician that didn't show is the only one they have in my area even though they had already given me the names of three other service providers. The fact is he is the only one that is on the Assurance list of providers. As a result they now say they can no longer repair my refrigerator. So instead of paying $365.04 for the repair it is now going to cost $900.

LG totally misrepresented the service contract of actually being an LG product. I have repeatedly asked LG to stand by the contract they sold me and get another authorized repairman to fix it. They have gone so far as to tell me that they don't have anyone who can make the repair in my area. It should be against the law to sell you a product under the representation that it is their product and not a third party's. The only people I spoke with and was invoiced by was LG Direct Service and they should have to make do on the contract and get my refrigerator fixed and not just offer to cancel the contract and return my money and then have to pay more to someone else. Just for the fact that between time off of work and the 4 hrs plus I have spent on the phone with them should be enough to make them want to do right by the customer.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Will be putting second ice maker unit in this year. Unit doesn't empty fully and when water is added automatically it floods collection area. This causes a block of ice to form and then it's useless. I JUST replaced this unit approx 7 months ago by a LG certified repair tech and I am now being told that the part only had a 90 day warranty. 90 days for an automated part? Certainly. LG DOESN'T EXPECT TO MAKE A CUSTOMER PAY $300.00 EVERY 7 MONTHS TO HAVE THE ICE MAKER FUNCTION!!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Purchased an LG refrigerator appx 4 years ago. Stopped working, not cooking. Called numerous repair providers to see if they can fix. Nobody I can find would look at LG product. Called LG directly to see if they can find someone that I can call. Ended up purchasing an out of warranty contract through LG called Assurant. For 2 months now I have had a non-working refrigerator. I have had numerous providers get scheduled to come to my home only for them to not show leaving me having to keep calling Assurant. I was advised by Assurant that it is from LG that they get the list of service providers so they have no way of knowing anything about them except the location to my home.

Finally 2 months later and 3 service providers I was informed that my refrigerator was going to cost too much for LG to repair and they would total it out. The coolant system was shot along with the compressor. When you call to check the status of getting this taken care of I am told that they do not have anyone certified to fix the coolant system. But I was granted permission to find my own service provider to come out and fix it but the catch... not only would I have to pay out of pocket, while the provider was at my home I had to call Assurant and have the provider speak to them in order for them to reimburse me for services. I said that was unacceptable. A supervisor informed me that since the refrigerator is less than 7 years old and it's the sealant system, LG would be responsible for replacing it.

Again, I get on the phone with LG to file a claim for a defected item. After 4 days of not hearing anything I called today Only to be told by 2 supervisors that they can't do anything. I was given the option to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed but they denied my claim to have it replaced. Didn't matter what I said, the customer service at LG has the most disrespectful people.

I am not in a position to pay $1200 out of pocket to try and get reimbursed and all they can say was, "I can't help you." They do not want to acknowledge the fact that their product is defected and the sealant/coolant system is not working. They can provide names to me but won't pay for it because under my contract that they sold me, nobody is certified to do the work. So how am I supposed to have this fixed?? I have 3 kids and my husband needs to keep his medication refrigerated.

So for 2 months after purchasing a contract, I have been keeping food cold in a cooler with ice. Totally unacceptable. All LG can say is "sorry I do apologize ". After just speaking to one of ten supervisors at LG, and stating that I will be contacting the better business bureau and consumer affairs she said, "Go ahead, do what you want." Like I need her permission? No I need them to stand behind their product which they do not. So now I am told I can cancel my contract in writing and since they can't help me, they will refund all of $100 of the amount I paid. Still leaves me with no refrigerator and nobody at LG willing or able to look at something that is defected unless I choose to pay out of pocket. Absolutely absurd. This company is the worst. I am so sorry I ever purchased a product from them and what's even worse is the horrible customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I've read so many negative reviews about LG refrigerators not working that this seems superfluous but I need to vent. We purchased a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer 3 years ago during a kitchen remodel. It is a counter-depth with water and ice in the door. About 6 weeks ago, the refrigerator stopped cooling. We put a thermometer inside and the temperature was 57 degrees. We contacted our retailer, Abt, who immediately sent out a tech person and determined, with the assistance of LG tech, that the freezer fan wasn't working. The part was ordered, new fan installed, and the refrigerator temperature remained at 57 degrees. We called Abt again, tech came out and again, with the help of the LG tech, determined it was now the refrigerator fan. Part ordered, part replaced, temp still 57. Abt ordered a new control board, at the suggestion of LG tech, part ordered, couldn't be installed because it was the wrong part.

We finally contacted LG. After long waits, requests to speak to managers, etc., we were finally referred to their Executive Services. I'm guessing that this department handles difficult situations (or difficult people, although I haven't been difficult until now, 7 weeks later). LG sent out their tech. Tech announced that the refrigerator was installed improperly because it fit too tightly in the cabinetry. Ok, this is a counter-depth, built-in refrigerator. Huh?

So, LG Executive Services was called again. We asked for the installation manual and were directed to the online version. While the Exec. Services person (Tish) was on the phone, we read, aloud and together, the specs which stated the unit needs 1/8" on either side and minimum of 2" from the wall to the back of the refrigerator. The unit was installed properly. Tish insisted that it isn't and made me wait while she chatted with "Engineering." Apparently, Engineering stated that there needed to be 1" on top for air flow. I asked Tish how I would have known that since it's not published in the installation manual and I want a copy of that. 8 days have gone by and I've not received anything. When I followed up today with Jenna, she said that, because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the engineers will send the info to the BBB and they will respond to me. REALLY???

Between the dates of April 4th and today, April 11th, I've exchanged 12 emails with Marianne, at Executive Services, to no end. LG tech came out, again, with a 2nd tech at 7:30 PM! After much discussion, they determined it must be the control board or the sealed system. The control board was ordered and installed. Our interior refrigerator temperature is now 61 degrees from 57!! What a joke. So... today I spoke to 3 people at Executive Services: Tamica (totally useless), Willie and Jenna. Jenna seemed to at least want to do something. I shared that our daughter is getting married in 4 days, we are having a 40 person brunch on Easter Sunday, and I have no freaking refrigerator.

The latest is... Jenna contacted the Tech Department and they want to put in a datalogger to clarify the issue. I asked what that meant, she didn't know. I asked how long it would be in the fridge, she didn't know. She said she sent an email to the tech engineer, tech manager, and Tech Support manager asking these questions. Do you think the problem with getting anything done has to do with too much weight at the top? Anyway, we have an appointment Thursday so the tech can put in a datalogger, whatever the hell it does.

I can't even describe the frustration and anger held towards this company. I would have given them a 1 because, obviously, their products aren't meant to last, but some of the folks at Executive Services and our tech have been nice and most seem to want to help. I wouldn't recommend LG products to anyone, ever, unless they want to be totally frustrated and throw money out of the window. Our previous refrigerator lasted 19 years and it was a Whirlpool... no brainer.

[Updated on 04/20/2017] Felt my previous review needed updating and lowered my rating from 2* to 1. I still don't have a functioning refrigerator. Jenna, at LG, promised the datalogger, which never happened. After she contacted their tech people, they deemed my refrigerator 'installed improperly', again, and said 'sorry, we can't help you'. So, after sending out their techs 4 times, replacing the motherboard, ordering the sealed unit, this is their decision? The unit is installed in accordance with the installation manual on line. Their engineers came up with different specs. Coincidentally, their 'cant fix it' edict came on the heels of my response to their response to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Hmmmm... After reading the 1700+ complaints about LG products, the majority being refrigerators, Ive decided to take this further. I am contacting my local news station, newspaper and the Attorney General, if need be. PLEASE... EVERYONE WHO IS OR HAS EXPERIENCED THE LACK OF SERVICE, and refrigeration, from LG, TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. LET'S GET THIS CRAPPY COMPANY OUT OF OUR STORES.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Still under warranty my refrigerator stopped working after five months. I've had repair people at my house eight times now in a four month period. Today the repair person walked into my house without knocking or ringing the doorbell. My dog stopped him about 5 feet from the front entrance way. The service call for today was for the repair person to tell me only that the part is on order. Again LG wasted my time. I asked the repair person, "Why did you come to my house to tell me this, you could've called!!!" The customer service and the repair people at LG are not trained and do not know how to handle the customers nor does the company know how to stand by their product.

I am asking my credit card company to dispute the charge because LG sold me a product that does not work. LG is now lying. Setting appointments without my knowledge. Their documentation is not correct and they say I am canceling my appointment. Executive desk also lies and makes up information and incorrect documentation. One person said that she would send me $150 for my food replacement. Later found out that's no such policy. My refrigerator stopped working December 2016 and it is now beginning of April 2017. My Refrigerator is still broke.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Our LG refrigerator is only 18 months old and has broken down three times. The first time, LG repaired within the first year. Second time occurred three weeks ago. The warranty company contracted a local appliance repair company to come out. They came out and diagnosed the issue, then said they needed to order a new compressor and should take three to five days. On day three, I call the company to find out status of compressor. They indicate it had not yet arrived.

I call every day after that for another week and could not get anyone to answer the phone. My wife and I are both professionals and do not have time to deal with a fridge company. On day eleven or so, I file a complaint on Better Business Bureau website. Less than twenty minutes later, I get a call. Company comes out to install the new compressor a day later. Repair guy says it is fixed and leaves. Later that day, I again noticed the fridge was not working. Fridge is still broken!!! Now another lost work day and more time on the phone and internet wasting my time dealing with a terrible LG Product! There has to be legal recourse with so many complaints. I bet the majority of us have the same model. LG needs to be held accountable for selling a $2500 piece of junk!

Original review: April 4, 2017

First the LG microwave has broken twice within the first year of purchase. NOW, the 28.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door water dispenser won't shut off and was flooding my kitchen. Thank GOD I was home and could shut off the water to the house. I am warning ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY to NOT BUY LG - it's made in Korea and China - it's worthless and I feel ripped off. These appliances are brand new! Imagine if I wasn't home and my house flooded. NEVER AGAIN!!!

LG Refrigerators Company Information