1.57/5

2395 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2018

Wish the water dispenser was made differently and wore better. People always push the wrong button and ends up on the floor. Also wish the freezer could organized better.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We have a "studio" series LG bottom freezer 3 door fridge. Excellent lighting, easy access to everything, water & ice in door. Only drawback is the water & air filters are kinda priced.

Original review: April 28, 2018

First one failed in 10 months. Customer service was a nightmare. They finally agreed that it was a defective product, but would not return my money. I had to take another fridge from them. UGH.

Original review: April 27, 2018

It works great except the ice maker doesn't make enough ices for a family of 3. Other than that, I like what I purchased and will buy another LG fridge in the future.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The large LG refrigerator is simply terrific! It has 2 freezer drawers on the bottom and a really large refrigerator section with a giant pizza-width meat drawer. We chose the stainless steel finish and, admittedly, it is hard to clean but looks so nice when you polish it. The top double doors have just the right storage on the inside. The 3 fruit/veg. containers are nice and big. In the freezer I have unplugged the ice maker, because it took up too much room and simply leave an ice tray across one side of the top section divider. It allows for sections of food to be stored without being in a jumble. It is a very large and tall fridge and I didn't mind doing without the cupboard section that usually is hung above. I found 3 woven baskets that simply sit on top and look very nice there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: April 27, 2018

I absolutely love my LG refrigerator. Its middle drawer can go to 29 degrees. Great for water bottles and beer. The inside is very spacious and if the filter runs out on a Sunday night, you can still use water and ice not like another brand.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I like my LG refrigerator model because the three freezer drawers are below the refrigerator. The freezer compartments do get smaller the lower the draw is because of the internal machinery of the refrigerator but that is easily overlooked. I think the drawers, especially the front faces of the drawer, need to be a sturdier plastic than what is provided, but overall, I’m pretty happy!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Keeps food at the right temperature. It freezes properly. Food space has more than enough space than you need which is awesome. And sometimes they throw in extras like container for eggs and bacon.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I purchased an overpriced refrigerator that had numerous problems and after a few years, I gladly replaced with a new one of different manufacturer. The LG french door refrigerator was the worst product I ever owned.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My fruit and vegetables drawers of fridge dries out everything. My mushrooms become dried in 3 days. I had the technician call and got charged for it because he told me new fridges are like this now, you need to wet all fruit and veg and put in a plastic bag to keep them moist. But when I do this I now don't have dry celery I have rotten celery. These bins are just a waste of space. I wish I has never bought an LG fridge/freezer and will be telling my friends. I would NOT recommend them ever!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I like the refrigerator, however, it stops working when it needs to be cleaned. The ice maker does not work and the door racks break easily. It is not children friendly.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Stay away from LG fridges. I have one that the ice maker has NEVER worked. Can't get repairman out because LG do not pay their repairmen. JC Penney keep blaming it on LG and LG blames Penney. Meanwhile I am still paying on a fridge that is still under warranty with extended warranty, that I can't seem to get nothing done! BUT THE RUNAROUND! Still not through, that what small claims court and Fox 4 News is for!!! It just a shame to have to go to this extreme. Whatever happened to, if you're not pleased just simply return and get a full refund! Also, according to their reviews, I am not the only one unhappy!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I needed a refrigerator that would fit in a narrow kitchen but would hold a lot. LG had a french door model (bottom freezer) that fits in my narrow kitchen, but is surprisingly roomy with adjustable glass shelves. Nice!

Original review: April 25, 2018

The LG stainless steel is very sensitive and scratches easily. It is very noisy and frost constantly builds in the freezer. Ice comes flying out every time you open the freezer. And water accumulates in back of veg drawers.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I am completely appalled because I have been dealing with this issue with our refrigerator NOT WORKING for almost 5 months from LG. The model I have is model # LFX31925ST and I have had 3 LG technicians come out since December, and all three have diagnosed a different problem. The first technician ordered parts, looked at the refrigerator (did not use the parts he ordered and left them in my home) and simply checked the back of fridge and said it would be ok and gave it 48 hrs for it to cool. It did cool, began making ice again and that lasted 1 month.

The second technician replaced the compressor, the dryer, and the condenser and it stopped working the next day. The third technician that came out said that the Yoder Loop is damaged and that it is a manufacturing problem that LG is fully aware of and then does not stand by its product to replace the unit for its customers. No amount of work will fix my problem, he stated the unit must be replaced! Out of all three, I believe and feel that third technician was being honest and seemed really frustrated with having to be the face of LG to angry customers.

I have an insurmountable amount of phone calls, emails, back and forth and today I finaly spoke to someone in the “Escalation Department”. After much back and forth and letting her know that I will be their worst walking advertisement, and hire a Consumer law attorneys which is an expert in consumer protection laws, she then stated that she needed to get a supervisor that was even higher than her. Long story short, the supervisor was not reached because it was “end of day” and she “promised” to escalate this even further and give me a call within 3–5 business days which I declined. I asked her to call me within 3 days and give me an update and that this will determine my next step forward.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Customer service for LG is not helpful and gives you the runaround. Most of the appliance repair companies I have contacted will not even work on LG. This refrigerator (Model # LFXS29766S) stopped working in just over a year just when the warranty ran out. Purchased from Home Depot and they are no help either. I have read so many negative reviews since it stopped working. Wish I had seen them before I purchased it.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The GE refrigerator I have in my apartment is very small. Can't buy a lot of cool foods in it. Have to plan over the month to buy cold food to make the meals throw out.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Aesthetically, this LG French Door refrig is great looking; however, ice maker is quite poor. Ice freezes solid inside and the dispenser is useless. After 2 years the rubber piping on the right-hand side needed to be replaced. The plastic on the tray cracked as well as one of the bins. This despite the fact that we are all adults in the family.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My door in door refrigerator ice maker makes very little ice since day 1 and stopped working 2 weeks ago and then noticed my food in freezer was thawing out. Had to trash some of it. I called LG since it is only 5 months old. Got the runaround like they did not want to come out. Technician comes out today and says compressor is bad and tells me it will be another 3 or 4 days before he can return to replace part. So I spend $1500 on a fridge and 5 months later they cannot immediately fix it!!! I should be able to claim lemon on this and now I find out LG and Samsung are not good refrigerators to buy.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The French door refrigerator we bought is awesome. There is so much room. That said it does make the freezer a bit small but I love the 3 different spaces. The new black stainless is terrific, no fingerprint marks and easy to spot clean when needed.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Ice maker and compressor had to be replaced. Ice maker during first 90 days and compressor in two years. Getting repairs was very difficult. When compressor had to be replaced I was told soonest they could do is 7 days. Meanwhile food is spoiled.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Purchased Lg refrigerator in November 2015. March 2018 compressor went out. Lost contents of freezer and refrigerator. Cost of compressor covered but installation and parts needed to replace compressor not covered. Cost me 600$. Average life of refrigerator 14 years, Not LG, Reviews report that there has been a class action suit against LG for this problem.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My LG French Door, Two Drawer Freezer-On-Bottom LMX25964ST/02 - Purchased in 2011. This unit has had numerous technical calls due to icemaker not working (replaced x2), compressor replacement (replaced x2), a clog in the copper line that the tech said is quite frequent for this unit. I have thrown our SO, SO much spoiled food and have suffered water damage on my hardwood flooring. The LG Customer Service is Terrible! The Philippine call center people keep saying "I am so sorry for your trouble!" and the Alabama center of supposed managers are beyond rude! Jessica actually told me that I could take it or leave it when I was trying to determine if it was even worth having yet another LG factory service tech come! Put on hold forever and Jessica just sounded bored with all I had to say.

Well, now I will say it, loud and clear, do not purchase LG! This is an inferior product and should have been recalled! They know it is not working. They know the icemaker, compressor and sealed system are faulty and they are in it to get yet another $375 out of the consumer with only a 90 day guarantee!! I had the service tech and at 92 days, it was gone again!! No ice!! I can live without the ice, but rotten food is a terrible waste and the mess of a leaking, hot freezer with bloody water across my beautiful floors is disgusting! LG is criminal and will Not get another penny out of me! Tell Everyone!! Worst Product, Worst service, Worst Employees makes for the Worst experience ever!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Bought this $2600 fridge (LG LMXS30776S) in 2015. A week ago, noticed frozen fruit was soft enough to crunch. Took temperature of fridge and freezer compartments. Fridge: 49 deg F, Freezer 33 deg F. Compressor running non-stop. Pulled covers on evaps, partial frosting. No error codes. Got a replacement fridge off Craigslist that weekend. Plugged LG fridge back in, compressor comes on, but there is no cooling now. Indicates leak in sealed system. No error codes anywhere. Called local appliance shop -- $700 and it could take a month. Complained to LG on Facebook, they responded that they have a tech that could fix it total/flat rate of $375. Unbelievable. Pretty sure what happens with the compressor failure is that the refrigerant leaks out and the compressor keeps running harder and longer until it burns out. Can't believe that there aren't any sensors to at least shut it off before burning out. Won't ever buy anything LG again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

LG LFXC24726 French Door Refrigerator - 36" - 24 cu ft - I purchased this appliance because I heard positive things, and it was the only fridge/freezer that would fit in the cabinet space. When my appliance was a year and 1 day old the fridge had ice build up and ruined the condenser, which I had to pay $500 00 to replace. Since day one my freezer door does not open all the way. I tried everything to no avail. Customer service is a total joke and rude. Never again!

Original review: April 13, 2018

LG refrigerator (French door/expensive) had to have compressor replaced at 2 yrs, $800+ in labor, parts took 3 weeks to arrive from Korea so without a ref for all that time. Now a couple years later it went out again, compressor, evaporator and other parts replaced. It doesn't cool and is deemed unrepairable. Have spent another $905 in labor. Asking LG to at least reimburse for labor but not getting good support. Product is not good quality apparently and parts take an unreasonable amount of time to arrive. Warranty support inadequate under the circumstances.

Original review: April 7, 2018

LFX 28978ST French door refrigerator - Paid over 3 thousand dollars for this beautiful worthless excuse for a refrigerator. Stopped cooling for the third time in the past year (only 5 years old) and once again ruined everything in both compartments. Compressor out again. This will be compressor #4 (one wouldn't work out of the box) and repairman says not worth fixing as they go out all the time. Signed up for potential class action by one of the internet law firms but they sent me an email a few days ago saying they were not continuing the action. Said they would send my issue to LG as they are very customer focused. The next morning found all food ruined and compressor out. Customer focused... NOT!!! Please please please do not purchase this or any other LG product.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchased French Door LG refrigerator from HH Gregg on 10/12/2016. Easter Sunday the ice maker did not work, the freezer followed. Called LG and was told that our warranty had expired. The warranty only last for one year. They said they would send out a technician on Tuesday. The Tech arrives and said he has to order the part (compressor) which would arrive on Friday. He is off on Saturday and Sunday so he would be back on Monday. The tech said that there are not a lot of tech that work on LG Refrigerators. Something is wrong any time a compressor goes up in less than two years.

Original review: April 4, 2018

No one works on them hardly, read below... Not good experience... On 1/16/2018 my refrigerator stopped cooling & freezing. (Linear Compressor Unit), Model LFXS24623S, purchased for (note, compressor under 10 year warranty). My problems started in in mid-January 2018. I made the call to LG. There is a very good chance that the refrigerator has a compressor issue based on the symptoms per tech support. Tech support provided me with (4) certified LG service companies to call to schedule a service visit. Out of the four companies none of them would take the job. One was out of range, two did not work on the linear compressors and the other was not working with LG at this time.

Summary of the long story: Calls to LG tech support were in excess of 15 and multiple to the service companies. Issues: every call to tech support I had to repeat the entire explanation of what happened, seems that the support group does not read all of the CNN# notes. Frustrating time after time. I had to tell the LG support group who could not work on my unit, who already came, who was out of range, etc… Support does not have direct contact with the LG certified companies to get direct feedback to the consumer (me). Support works with your service contract company to place a work order, consumer is not involved. Caused confusion many times.

Many delays with parts coming from LG for first service call, caused many delays. Received (3) case numbers **. Should only have one to have all of the notes/history under one case number? Received (2) RNN numbers **. Received (1) APN number **. 3/15/2018 a certified LG service company (Broadway Sales) final took the job from 1 ½ hours away. After review the LC internal compressor unit has a hole that in “not” repairable. Broadway reported back to LG. Another call to LG for a follow up, LG informed me due to the severity they had to have a second certified company verify the issue. Keep in (8) weeks have passed. One – LG barely found a company to service the unit, Second- (8) weeks has passed. Still not fixed working on (12) weeks... 4/4/2018.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Run away as fast as you can from any and all LG French Door Refrigerators! They are beautiful on the outside but are like a rotten apple full of worms on the inside! We were taken in by its appearance and didn’t realize that its running parts are defective! Reviewing many of the other comments there is a reoccurring theme, that of ice makers, compressors and fluid lines within a 3 year period. Don’t be fooled. LG knows about the problems and defects of this refrigerator, when you call the LG repair number the prompt even asks if you are calling to repair the ice maker!

Don’t be misled...this is a disposable refrigerator with a 3 year lifespan! My experience is the same as many of you, ice maker went then the compressor and fluid (in the secret enclosed unit) that only a licensed LG technician can work on and good luck on finding one! I called 16 repairman and all of their responses were similar..."I don’t work on those, they are junk, need a special license”. I found one that LG referred me to and he quoted $99.00 to just come out to diagnose the problem. I already have paid a repairman to diagnose the problem, then $600.00 plus to pay for the labor, sure the warranty covers the parts but it’s nearly impossible to get the parts in a timely manner and find a LG licensed repairman.

LG Company should be ashamed of how they allow this product to continually go down the assembly line of production “knowing” that the defects have not been addressed. And then appealing to the eye of the consumer while in reality stealing from them. Shame on you LG! I am definitely going to check into an active Class Action Suit against LG so I can be heard. And if you're listening LG...I want a new fridge! You owe me that!

LG Refrigerators Company Information