Kenmore Vacuums

Kenmore Vacuums

4.0/5 (189 ratings)

About Kenmore Vacuums

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Kenmore Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: May 19, 2020

Have always used Kenmore. Dependable product. I do think they can do a little better with the attachments. I’m on the second vacuum in 30 years so they last a good long time. I am very happy with the 25 foot electrical cord. I can do my whole first floor without having to change the outlet.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I have bought several Kenmore canister vacs over the years. Each has worked well. I highly recommend this brand. They are very good at cleaning dog and cat hair, and goes easily from carpeted to hardwood and back.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I’ve had this brand before and several others as well and came back to this one. Good suction, easy to handle, good edge cleaner, easy to assemble, tough. I’m not gentle with my appliances so they need to be tough. They last a very long time!

Original review: May 15, 2020

Vacuum only came with one attachment and it never stays on. Sears was a brand I trusted. I don't know what happened but I don't plan on shopping there anymore. I've shopped there all my life. Every major appliance I own is a Kenmore. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The vacuum doesn't work well. Tried numerous things to fix it but it had never sucked super hard. It has great options but I have never been satisfied with this vacuum. I would never buy a Kenmore vacuum again.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Have had this vacuum for many years and it still is giving good service. I much prefer canister vacs opposed to uprights and this one has been great. Had to replace the hose once due to being stepped on. Pretty rugged as it is pulled and jerked a lot. Would definitely buy another.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I've been a salesperson for Eureka and Hoover. When visiting my sister in Mass., I used her vacuum and was amazed at the power. She had the upright Kenmore. I came home and bought myself a Kenmore just like hers that I had used. I've been using it for ten years now and I'm still amazed at the suction power. Love It!!!

Original review: May 10, 2020

I purchased the item as a Christmas gift to myself and for 2 years it worked very well. Problems occurred when I needed to change attachments or change bags. The bags are difficult to remove and replace requires getting down on the floor and manipulating the clasp to make it secure. Also replacing bag seems to affect the light as it no longer works. Cleaning the interior is difficult, messy and time consuming as the dust and hair get into corners and other tight places. Changing attachments requires help of another person as parts don't want to fit together and once you remove brush and switch to the hose it is almost impossible to switch back even with the instruction manual.

Original review: May 9, 2020

My machine works great and I like the attachments. The vacuum get right up to the edge of the carpet so there is no "wall woollies". With the attachments and the hose I can reach those ceiling corners that you kind of feel like you're needing to know how to climb mountains to get to them! I'm not so pleased with the process of changing the bags. I feel almost like I've sheared a lamb with the clumps of dirty hair that fly around and fall out. The blasted thing worked just fine until the 3 year warranty expired. 3 years plus 4 months it was in the shop because of engine problems. Overall though, I still own it 10 years later and it still works like a champ.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Well when I first got the vacuum it work good. Fairly easy to use and I always purchased the HEPA filter bags to make it last longer. Now that you can't buy them anymore the bags aren't available.

Original review: May 7, 2020

The Kenmore Magic Blue is a compact, very light, versatile and reliable tool. For its size it can provide adequate power for most jobs, can tuck away almost anywhere, and is extremely easy to operate. For a good reliable vacuum like mom used to have, the Kenmore Magic Blue fits the bill. Not designed for using in "wet" areas or on wet materials. General cleaning only. The power cord is spring retractable, no winding cords, the control for power and speed is on one switch located in the operating handle almost like a hair dryer. Kenmore did well with this one, this one is a keeper we will use again and again.

Original review: May 6, 2020

It is one of the most reliable vacuum I’ve used and it does the job I ask it to do. I like the floor sweeper built in the carpet aspirator, compact and easy to switch. Kenmore Elite Is as heavy as most and doesn’t always roll easily but never heats up and stop working like other more expensive units I’ve had.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I got this after my mom bought her new vacuum. It has a separate bagging area and beater bar that can be detached to allow connecting other attachments.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My vacuum works very well. I love all the attachments. Picks up dirt very well. Gets in nooks cranny and crevices and I bought my vacuum refurbished from ABC Warehouse. Only con is my belt has broken twice on the vacuum.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Canister type vacuum with beater bar. Does excellent job of cleaning hardwoods and carpet. My bedroom has plush carpet and the beater bar gets down into the fibers to clean up dust, dog hair, and dirt. Lightweight and easy to pull, has a great hose that doesn't kink.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I have had Kenmore canister vacuums for years and loved them. My current one I have had for 2 years and it is already broken. Very poorly made not like they used to be. I am using my old one while I decide what other maker to buy once retail opens.

Original review: April 30, 2020

My Kenmore canister is lightweight, has a great beater bar, does a great job on all my floors. No maintenance whatsoever except change the bags. The cord is 50 feet long which reaches the main areas of my house, the cord has the auto reel feature which all I need to do is press the lever and the cord retracts itself back into the vacuum. Love it. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Bought this vacuum during Black Friday and it has been wonderful. I don't know about the warranty. I haven't had to use it. The attachments work great. It is easy to clean and get rid of the dirt you vacuum up. I can't think of any problems except maybe just a little heavy but overall it is good.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Suction not great, lots of noise and everything is made cheap and not to last. Farmed out for cheap labour. Poor quality and price high and consumers do not save. Kenmore used to have a great name for durability and quality. No longer as it sounds like a cheap tin can.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This vacuum is the best vacuum ever, will suck and suck until there is nothing else to suck...The name of this vacuum should be the Best Sucker Ever, because if you don't turned the vacuum off will even suck you with the dust like it never even happen....

Original review: April 26, 2020

The suction ability is appreciated. Not so much that there is damage but enough strength to pick up hard to pull up dirt. The item is easy to move around, the handle is at the right height, the weight is perfect, not so heavy that I have to lug around but even though it is light, it does the work.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I've owned Kenmore vacuums for 40 years now. I'm ready for something better. It was quite an ordeal getting that one replaced, dealing with people that you can't understand and they can't understand you. Kept getting switched to different departments. Took several hours to get help. The one I bought on 8.16.19, the wand with electrical cord encased went out. Sears replaced the whole unit on 12.26.19. But now that one has done the same thing 9 months later. UGH!!!! I'm getting the runaround on getting them to replace the replacement vacuum or just at least the wand attachment. HELP!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

The Kenmore bagged upright vac is really a nice one and reasonably priced. It has every feature you would expect in a vac. Easy to use, perfect size, HEPA filter, long cord, tools on board, lights, dirt sensor, no belts, has great suction. I don't think they missed anything! Oh yes and it has a bag! No need to empty and clean a bagless cup. Great if you have allergies. I am very happy that I chose this vac over all the others.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My vacuum cleaner was bought in 1998 so it is quite old, but it works wonderfully. Never had any issues with it. That said it was very expensive at the time, but it is very heavy and quite a clunker. Nowadays I would buy a much smaller model and use that.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a Kenmore Canister Vacuum, they come in great colors (not Important), great suction, SUPER User Friendly, Great for carpet AND Hard floors (attachments included in the top of the canister lid). You can kick off the powerhead to get into tight spaces with just the touch of a button using your foot not having to bend over every time, then snap back on and keep going. I have a cleaning business and won't use anything else. They have lighter weight and heavier models. Depends on your preference. But usually the heavier ones are the more expensive models. And truthfully I like the use and ease of the cheaper ones, they run anywhere from 139.99-199.99. Just be aware there's the cheapest one that looks similar but the powerhead doesn't kick off, it's strictly for rugs and not as easy to get into tight spaces without a lot of unconnecting.

The more expensive models have a hard plastic connector at the end of wand where powerhead attaches, not as convenient as the plain metal wand (without hard plastic peace). It doesn't get into tight areas as well. and I don't prefer the Bagless because you have to constantly brush off and wash the filter area. It's meant to be more sanitary and easy but Seriously, you have to dump it all out, and there's more dirt, dust, and germs by doing that than just pulling out a full bag and tossing it. And they have many types of bags, such as Hypo-Allergenic for allergies, and extra durable, or a simple economical bag. You can also purchase them (bags) not only through Sears, but in Walmart, just get to fit Model 5055 or 50558 Kenmore Canister. Hopefully this has been helpful.

Original review: July 15, 2019

It works better than my old Rainbow. It's extremely good at picking up dog hair and the extension wand fits easily under furniture. Having the wand and hose connected to the base is quite handy. It may be too heavy for some, but I like a heavy vacuum. It reminds me of my Grandma's old Kirby.

Original review: July 13, 2019

This canister vacuum is reliable and efficient. I’ve bought this brand before and found it a good one. I would buy it again. Now that Sears is having trouble, I hope they continue to make good vacuum cleaners.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I hate my mothers Kenmore canister. It's not my idea of vacuuming with long hoses and long extension cord dragging a heavy canister around extremely noisy and does a poor job vacuuming. It's heavy and cumbersome and hard to use. Don't understand this but my sisters love this vacuum.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Cleans good. Only problem is bag full light doesn't come on as soon as it should & some suction is lost before light comes on. There is also a filter inside that needs to be cleaned or possibly replaced after 5-10 bag changes.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I really like this vacuum, overall. It's a Sears Progressive Upright. The negative: it's heavy to carry upstairs or down. The positive: it does a good job, is attractive, is self propelled and is easy to use & maintain. I have had no problems at all with this vacuum. The price is reasonable compared to other brands, & I did buy it during a sale, so the price was a little less than usual. This runs $200 or less. I will not spend $600 on a vacuum... For size, I consider it average for an upright. It may be a little larger, but I also consider it pretty hearty. Overall, I'm happy with it. Oh, one oddity: the replacement bags are less expensive on Amazon than they are at the Sears stores. I wanted to negotiate and gave up after finding no help.

Kenmore Vacuums Company Information