2.24/5
Based on 33 reviews that contain star ratings

Kenmore Vacuums

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

41 Kenmore Vacuums Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2012

We looked at all different types of vacuum cleaners and Kenmore vacuum cleaners were rated one of the best for the price. Totally disappointed! The floor part will not stay hooked to the vacuum and you are always fixing it to continue vacuuming. It lost quite a bit of its suction and the motor acts like it's going to blow. Now, I reminder you, this is only a year old. Now I wonder if the makers of Kenmore vacuum cleaners will come good on this or do I just suck it up? Let me remind you again, this Kenmore vacuum cleaner is only one year old.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

I am aware that I did not buy one of the most expensive vacuums. But because it was a Kenmore product, I at least expected to be satisfied. I have never used a vacuum that disappointed me as much.

I am 62 years with five grown children who has had a lot of friends come to our home. So believe me, I have purchased several vacuums in my day. I don't usually complain as a matter of fact. I usually take my bumps pretty well and move on, but I am really disappointed and my vacuum sucks. I do not even know what to expect from this complaint, but I had to get it off my chest.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

Our Sears Kenmore vacuum cleaner was two months out of warranty. After it stopped producing suction, we cleaned it thoroughly per the manual, with no result. We took it into the store where it was purchased, and the salesperson helped me disassemble it, and we could see no blockage. Off it went to the repair shop in K.C. for $79.99. They told me they "performed preventive maintenance", and "removed a clog", and "repaired and cleaned the agitator". When we got it back, the agitator still had hair stuck in it, so I know they didn't do anything with that. I called the 888 complaint number, and they couldn't say what "preventive maintenance was". I asked to be told where the supposed clog had been, and I was told I would have to send the unit back in, and pay another $79.99 to find that out! I'll never trade at the Sears store again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2010

Sears Canada was supposed to repair my vacuum three times for the same problem. Two times under warranty, the problem was never fixed. The third time I sent it in, it was off warranty but they suddenly found the problem and wanted $180 to fix it. When I refused, they said they will not release my vacuum (unfixed) unless I pay them another $50. This is blackmail and ransom. Should I sue them in court and for what damages? Besides the mental stress, I am out of over $600 I paid for this bad Kenmore vacuum.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2010

I had bought a Kenmore Vacuum from Sears on October 2007. From August 2009 until now ( August 2010) the Vacuum broke 5 times. I have purchased a Sears Protection Agreement. I was told if in one year the Vacuum breaks 4 times, they would replace it. I took the vacuum in five times to repair. I called Sears last week after the fourth time repair to find out what was wrong that the Vacuum I picked up and still was not working. At Sears, no one is authorized to do anything except pass the customer on to the next person. And I spoke to at least 12 people in few hours, when I complained to the 10 the person, why, nobody can answer my question, then she transferred me to another person and he offered me $25 gift card for my next purchase at Sears, which I did not take his offer. He was an another brick wall as well.

My vacuum is at sears repairs center for the fifth time in one year, which makes me physically and emotionally drained! I had to go buy a little Pick Up vacuum until my vacuum is repaired and returned or replaced. Sears has no intention of honoring the service agreement. I had purchased two vacuum before from sears and won't be buying any thing at Sears. I am physically and emotionally drained and very disappointed. Plus I can't buy every few years an over $400 vacuum!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2010

I purchased the vacuum cleaner from Kmart on Friday January 22, 2009. When I opened the box, it had a strong chemical odor. At first, I thought the smell was from the packaging until I plugged in the vacuum. The smell was stronger. I unplugged it, read through the manual and found this statement. "Warning: The cords, wires and/or cables supplied this product contains chemicals, including lead, lead compounds, known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after using."

Original review: Jan. 11, 2010

When my husband first gave me this vacuum as a present, it seemed great-good suction, long hose and cord. But the Handi-mate Jr. is worthless. The brush stops rotating with the least amount of pressure on the handle. The filter inside the vacuum is dirty with one use and is a pain to clean. It is only my husband and I so I can only imagine what it is like with a family or a dog! If the filter is clean, then the suction is bad and the filter needs cleaned every time. Now the filter is making a noise like it is loose and I haven't used the filter that long! To replace it will cost $20-$25. That is way too expensive for the short amount of use I got from that filter. I would not recommend this vacuum to anyone and I am very displeased. It was not an inexpensive vacuum to buy. We have used Kenmore washer, dryer and dishwasher. I am very unhappy with this product. I guess I can't say that enough!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2009

I purchased a new Intuition canister vacuum cleaner on 1/11/09 with my debit card (model #16628014700). I turned it on a week later to use it and it wouldn't turn on. I thought it might be a socket problem so I moved it around to different outlets-none made it work. I then took it to the Columbia mall store and they told me that I couldn't get a refund without a 15% restocking fee. And WHEN I did get a refund it would be in the form of a store credit minus the restocking fee. They told me to give Sears a chance to fix it so I took it to the Sears repair store on Parklane Road in Columbia, SC. I picked up the vacuum cleaner two weeks later only to bring it all the way home to find out that it still had the same problem. So my husband took it in for the second time the very next day. I am now without a vacuum cleaner-they would not simply "exchange" it because they told me it was now "used" and that I would have to pay the difference between the price I paid for it and what the current cost-a difference of $100 more! I know there is a lemon law for cars but what is it for vacuum cleaners? I do not wish to purchase anything else from Sears-I may never shop there again. What are MY rights?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2008

Do not buy a Kenmore Progressive vacuum cleaner. It is a flimsy piece of plastic junk. The lids covering the storage sections for brushes are difficult to open and close ... one broke off. It is extremely difficult to disconnect the parts from the hose. Get an Electrolux!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2008

Purchased a Kenmore Progressive vacuum cleaner, Model 116 about 1 1/2 years ago after checking Consumer Reports ratings. This was supposed to be top of the line but after trying to become accustomed to it, I find that I am still dissatisfied with a some things. The main design problems are: no edge cleaning capabilities without using attachments, leading edge is too bulky to get under the edge of cabinets and it is just plain too heavy and awkward for comfortable use. I have a three level home and dread the thought of needing to carry it up/down the stairs.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2005

I have been looking for a new belt for my Kenmore vacuum, Whispertone, for about 2 months. After checking the various belts available at the Sears stores, I was unable to locate a belt that would fit. I was told that I would need to go the parts/repair building and place an order for one. I did that just this Saturday.

I expected to pay approximately what was being charged in the stores for a package of 2 belts. Instead. the price was about 50 cents more than in the store and I would get only one belt. I considered this a rip-off, but I needed the belt. What really put me over the top was when I was charged even more than the cost of the belt for S and H. This S/H charge is nothing short of a legal rip-off.

I will certainly think twice before I ever buy another item from Sears, for they obviously consider their customers "fair game" when it comes to part replacement. At every opportunity, I will tell people about this "screw job" by Sears.

Kenmore Vacuums Company Information