2. Homeowners

Kenmore Gas Grill

Kenmore Gas Grill
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Kenmore Gas Grill Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I bought a Kenmore 600 Series Elite 4 burner gas grill for over $1,200 less than 5 years ago and the grill inside has rusted out. This has caused the grill to not light. So now I have a grill that doesn't work. I call Kenmore and they were absolutely no help. I will never buy another Kenmore grill. Do not buy any of their products.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We have this beast at our lake house, so we use it maybe once every two weeks. Bought it in 2013, and the igniter never worked. Couldn't be bothered to get a replacement as we use gas lighters anyway. Temperature gauge failed a few months ago, but again didn't bother to replace it until a month ago, and the replacement doesn't register more than 400 degrees. My neighbor noticed a smell of gas a few weeks ago and tightened the valve on the bottle. Turns out the gas feed tube joint was leaking slightly. Bottom line: it's going to the dump! I have a Charmglow grill here at home which has worked flawlessly for 10 years (I've had to replace the burners once in that time).

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This grill is garbage. We bought the grill 14 months ago and 2 of the burners already rusted out. Called Kenmore hotline for them to tell me I need to pay $99 for them to come out and look at it. Parts may be covered but since it is out of the 1 year time frame (BY 2 MONTHS!!!) we have to pay the service charge. The grill was $575. I am not going to pay $200+ for it to be fixed 14 months later. They know their product is crap now. Old grill lasted 12 years. Stay away from Kenmore.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Drip tray junk, handle broke off, burner covers not stainless steel but plated metal and rusted again. Had to replace. Starter never works properly. Knobs to control heat not accurate at all. Overall overpriced not worth the money.

Original review: June 18, 2019

This grill looked good and worked well for the first five years. After that the burners rusted, the ignitor stopped working, and the stainless steel finish got discolored. The grids became pitted in places on the underside. The side burner continues to work fine. The rust makes the burners hard to clean so the flame in some is higher than others. The grill is now twelve years old and it needs to be replaced. The storage area and the side burner are the best parts of this grill. Although it is housed under a covered patio, protected from the elements with a custom-made grill cover, the burners still rusted. They are the most important part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: June 7, 2019

It has functioned well over the past three years. It has flared up but that was due to lack of cleaning. But all of a sudden the automatic lighter function stopped working. It was left uncovered for a season and has not rusted so that is nice.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Purchased a gas grill in June of 2016. The burners have a 10 year warranty on them. One of the burners cracked and fell off. Called Kenmore warranty number listed in my warranty and on their website 1-844-553-6667, (again, because the burners have a 10 year warranty on them). However the service center won't order parts, they have to send out a service technician to order the parts for which they then want to charge for the service call. Nowhere in the manual or warranty does it state that a service technician will have to be called to order the parts needed. This is fraudulent! Sears/Kenmore used to be reputable, this is another example of why the company has failed.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Horrible!! Within 6 months all the burners rotted out. I thought because it was a Kenmore it would be good quality but absolutely a piece of garbage. I have always had good experiences with all my Kenmore products and I was very disappointed that this company would put sell this grill with the Kenmore name on it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We purchased Kenmore Elite grill from Sear 4 years ago upon moving to South Carolina. Thought we were buying the best $999 and we were told it had a porcelain coated firebox and cast aluminum sides. We had Weber grill for 14 years and never had firebox issue... Had Sears repair come out and had to pay $99 for service call and then they give us bill for $452 to repair firebox. This is not right. The grill could explode since it is so close to the burners... Highly dissatisfied with customer service. Found out they had class action lawsuit filed last year to pay customers for repairs. I am pursuing the issue further. This should be covered.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I absolutely love my grill, I have had it for almost 3 years now. It had been dependable, durable, and sturdy. It has made it through a move to another place. One of the big issues I had with my grill was the easiness of putting it together when I first purchased it, normally I have a problem with all the nuts and bolts, but not this time. Great, b.b.q.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A household name for over 100 years, Kenmore has been improving the lives of people across the country with their innovative technology. Their grills range in size from small space/patio to five burner, many with added features such as fold-down shelves, back lights, built-in refrigerators and side burners.

• Availability: Order your Kenmore grill online or from one of the many Sears locations nationwide. Customers who order online can opt to pay a little extra to have their old grill hauled away when the new one is delivered to make the transition from old to new grill even easier.

• Warranty: All Kenmore gas grills come with a one-year limited warranty that protects the homeowner and covers costs associated with defective parts. A defective grill can either be replaced completely or the defective parts can be replaced, depending on the situation.

• Innovation: Kenmore’s line of gas grills have innovative features for both large and small grills. Smaller grills have space-saving features such as fold-down shelves, while three, four and five burner grills have features such as a large cooking space, steamer and rotisserie set.

• Variety: Kenmore doesn’t specialize in just one size grill. They have something for every grilling space and every budget. From small patios to large outdoor living spaces, Kenmore has something for everyone.

• Accessories: Buy everything you need for your grill in one place. Kenmore sells all the accessories you need to complete your grilling experience, including covers, cooking utensils, grill brushes and more.

• Best for: Kenmore grills are best for homeowners with either a large or small outdoor living space to grill.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team