1.40/5

Kenmore Gas Grill

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

172 Kenmore Gas Grill Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2018

Bought the Kenmore gas grill from Sears. The automatic start stopped working by the second summer. The plates over the burner started to go bad after two seasons. I understand why Sears went out.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Nothing special about my grill. I bought it from Walmart and it has lasted me three years at this point. It’s not perfect but it does its job really.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore Gas Grill in part because it had a 10-year warranty on the burner. After owning the grill for 2 years, 2 of my 4 burners burned through. I call Kenmore to request the free replacement burner but they will not honor the warranty unless I pay a service technician $99 to come to my house to verify the burner needs to be replaced. The warranty says nothing about paying for a service technician.

The warranty says, "FOR TEN YEARS from date of purchase, any stainless steel burner that rusts or burns through will be replaced free of charge. If rust through or burn through occurs within the first year, a new burner will be installed at no charge. If rust through or burn through occurs after the first year, a new burner will be supplied but not installed at no charge." Obviously Kenmore does not honor its own warranty. Who in their right mind would pay a service tech $99 just to verify that the part needed is covered under the warranty when the part only costs $90??

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My Kenmore gas grill is 39 yrs old, it was installed the year after we purchased our home and it's still going strong. There's still no problem lighting nor controlling the heat.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought 2 years ago a Kenmore gas grill model 148.20125510, today I must change heat shields, burners and ignitors. The internal body presents deterioration and breakage by oxidation, to the point that I am thinking of having the sides of the main body customized and replaced by myself. The grill is very nice on the outside, but the internal materials of the main body are of very poor quality; it was preferable to balance the cost in other aspects but to place better materials on surfaces directly exposed to heat. The key to the matter is that the materials used are not smooth enough to make the grease slip, so I'm looking for polished or ceramic-coated stainless steel parts. The truth is that more than ever I will buy this brand and if you can avoid it, do it, save money, problems and bad times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Kenmore Gas Grill 148.16156211 - Purchased in Feb of 2017. 2 burners already rusted out and needing to be replaced. Beware of the 10 year warranty, the only way you get the part is to pay a $100 service fee. Kenmore you have a chance to make this right by calling me

Original review: July 17, 2017

Previously, I wrote a review on newly purchased (2016) Kenmore Elite "Stainless Steel" appliances (Side-by-Side Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Micro/Oven Combo, and 5 Burner Chef Pro Gas Cooktop) to report that ALL OF THEM have rust spots everywhere and how Sears doesn't stand by their product. Well, guess what? My Kenmore Elite Gourmet Hood not only has rust spots (yep, another cheap appliance even though I paid $1,000 for it) but now the lights don't work. I called Sears Customer Service and was told, "We're sorry, your warranty expired a month ago and there's nothing we can do. However, for $600 or $50/month, you can get your warranty and then for $89 a Technician will come out to diagnose the problem." Ok... I get to spend $600 + $89 and then $x amount for whatever the problem is. Sears is just bleeding you dry.

So, my husband is trying to determine the problem and hopefully, will fix it. I WILL NEVER BUY KENMORE ELITE NOR WILL I RECOMMEND THEM. You pay good money for extremely poor quality and they won't back up their product. However, this appears to be an ongoing problem everywhere with expensive yet cheaply made products manufactured overseas. It infuriates me that hardworking consumers pay for this. All I can say is BUY AMERICAN. You'll pay for it but hopefully the quality will be 100% better.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Bought Gas grill model 146.47223610 14 months ago. Grill has been used 16 times. Cleaned and prepped after each use. Kept in screened enclosure. When assembling, I questioned the quality of the parts and grill overall. All flame tamers, gas tubes, tube connectors and brackets on back are completely rotted away. So much for Kenmore name. Replacement parts equal almost as much as grill cost new. Have always been a faithful Sears shopper. But now see why you're closing. Sad to sacrifice quality for upfront $$$. Have washer, dryer, vac and fridge with Kenmore name, because it use to mean something.

Original review: May 31, 2017

July 2014, I purchased a new gas grill (model 33589410) from Kenmore thinking it was a good lasting brand. At the end of last summer, the inside of the gas grill started in fire and melted the side holding racks. I ended the season, wrapped up and thought I could use the 3 burner grill part as I am not a top shelf BBQ rack person. I unwrapped it this season and have used it once and the drip tray rusted and disintegrating feel on top of the gas tank. I was able to turn it off without any harm and have called Kenmore to be told the fixing or replacement is more than the grill. I paid 799.00 for this piece of junk and hope for a recall or replacement parts to not such luck. I will not be purchasing another Kenmore appliance soon if ever. Shame on them.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The diffusers should be recalled on model 14616197211. Heat diffusers rusted within two years. I have called customer service and he stated there is no recall for this model yet, however he gets many orders for the replacement parts, which is about one third the cost of buying the grill new. This is a hazard. The new diffusers are called flame tamers and are stainless steel. If Kenmore wants to retain its reputation, it should recall these before someone is seriously injured.

Kenmore Gas Grill Company Information