Jacuzzi

Compare Bath & Plumbing Companies

Research top Bath & Plumbing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I hope people read this before buying this toilet!!! AWFUL to say the least. First off I can clean this toilet 4-5 times a day, everything sticks to the side of this toilet and flushing it numerous times does nothing! So much for trying to conserve water. Next the flush handle sticks which in turn makes the toilet run, so you have to stay and wait until it's filled and then you have to jiggle the handle until it stops running! It's great when you have company using it, running in after they've used it to make sure it stops. I have never reviewed a product before but thought I might save someone the aggravation. This is as honest as it gets.

Purchased a Jacuzzi bathtub from Leekes in Cross Hands, had it installed and a few months later noticed a small crack in the base of the bath - thus meaning could no longer use it was it would have been leaking! Contacted Leekes who didn't want to know, said it looked like I had been wearing heels in the bath (Cos I tend to take a bath in my heels!!). Contacted Jacuzzi and they wouldn't even send anyone out to inspect. Just said that the damage must have been caused by myself as their baths do not become defective. I spent £1800 on this bathtub and am no longer able to use it. Appalling customer services. What is the point of giving a 10 year warranty on the shell if they refuse to even look at it to see what has caused the crack!!!

My Jacuzzi Nova 6 whirlpool tub was installed in 2007. In 2009, the first foot jet (small jet) cracked. Luckily, water damage was minimal since it all ended up in the crawl space of my house. Jacuzzi replaced the jet for free (parts and labor) since the tub was still under the two year warranty. At that time, I heard from the service rep that Jacuzzi had problems with cracked jets and the issue seemed to be a factory assembly problem. In the factory, the jets were tightened up too much and therefore eventually cracked. In November 2015, the other foot jet cracked in the same way it had happened in 2009.

I called the Warranty Service Department and got two replacement packages mailed to me for free. However, I had to pay for the labor. I had both the cracked foot jet and the (still working) lumbar jet replaced by a plumber. Took me quite a while to find somebody who wanted to do this project since it involves tight spaces under and behind the tub! Jacuzzi is not what it used to be. Cheap parts and bad quality control in the factory. This issue should have been handled as a "recall on all foot, lumbar and small jets in all tubs".

Do not buy this toilet!!! Built a new house two years ago and already replacing two Jacuzzi toilets! Toilets would constantly run cause flusher is faulty. Had several plumbers come out to fix and none could cause the insides are confusing and hard to understand. Flusher finally broke and took a rocket scientist to figure out how to drain toilet to flush. Very upset and disappointed

I received your Clipper Magazine and contacted the vendor Jacuzzi Hydrotherapy Shower company. I spoke with a representative Chad who was extremely invasive in my personal opinion and continue to ask inappropriate questions that would be asked by a doctor who has an oath of patient/doctor confidence. Next I received a follow up call from the scheduler and I explained I wasn't comfortable by the process and she (Kelly) told me that my husband had to be on premise or available by phone before they would keep the appointment. Our intent is to pay cash so why does it matter who is at the house for the appointment. We have homes in a number of states and either one of us have never had a problem having a vendor do work on any home without the other being on premise due to working conditions.

I cancelled and they cancelled our appointment based on this fact. I wanted to point this out because this practice seems very strange to me and maybe not a honest dealer. With their questions, I feel as if this is a scam to sell medical data to outside services and would recommend not running their advertisement. They are not doctors so have no right to ask questions they ask of a customer. We just thought the shower looked nice. After reading this site, I'm happy that I didn't get involved buying a junk product but still think the service is a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Tubs & Showers?

Whirlpool spa ( specifically the Amiga - AMI7236 WLR W White 72) - We purchased the tub in September of 2012 from www.faucets.com. Functioned as it should and was used for a major remodel we were conducting at the address given above. Installation went well and the remodel was completed in the spring of 2014. The tub was used often during final trim work and was exactly what we had hoped. On Wednesday, August the 17th of 2015, I was attempting to take a bath in the tub when the breaker in the GFI tripped. When I opened the access panel to investigate,I found everything soaked with water. I finally determined that the problem was located in the final PVC pipe fitting that holds the rubber "O" ring that permits a seal at the pump discharge where the large PVC nut threads to it.

The final PVC pipe fitting that holds the rubber "O" ring has an inside diameter of 1 7/8" and a circumference of 7 1/2". When the piping was being assembled at the Jacuzzi manufacturer, only 2 3/8" of PVC glue was applied to that 7 1/2 " of circumference. It is a miracle that the glue joint held at all, much less until now. I have made photos that clearly, and unquestionably demonstrate the amount of glue that was, and WAS NOT applied. Would Jacuzzi be interested in seeing them??

Six years ago, building our final retirement home, we chose Jacuzzi for what we thought would be quality and installed by a qualified licensed plumber. As we have a walk-in shower also, the tub was rarely used. When used, the jets are all cracked and/or leaking after a mere 4 years. As I closer inspected the tub, a crack became visible running along the top of the tub by the controls. I contacted Jacuzzi and was sent a box of parts that would boggle the mind. I discussed the crack with "Dwayne" ** also. He said a inspector would have to inspect the tub. I have also been told that there were multiple complaints on units sold by Lowe's because of mishandling in shipping.

Why should I have this kind of headache from a company I previously respected? The labor cost is going to as much as I paid for the tub, plumbing and reconstruction of the surround. Now, after quite a while has passed and no further contact, I need my bathroom put back in order! I called today and Mr. ** was away. Another rep told me they saw the parts were shipped but NO mention of a crack in the tub in my file! No wonder I haven't seen a inspector!

Purchased a Jacuzzi hydrotherapy shower. Sales person misrepresented shower. We had several clear questions/concerns prior to purchasing. (1) Needed shower to be spacious: We were assured it would give us MORE interior shower space than current tub shower. (2) Needed really hot water that we could adjust without limitations. (3) Willing to pay high price of product and installation to have it done in a day and have everything taken care of for us.

Installation not done in a day, took several days. Shower doors were beyond cheap - leaked and popped off. Interior shower space was much less than with tub. Hard to move around it, bottles fall off shelves. Safety gauge on shower prevents you for turning up water for really hot shower. We were told it could be removed but that is against code and nobody would remove it. Had to get shower doors fixed, they continued to pop off. Asked multiple times for shower curtain to replace them. Finally got the thinnest, cheapest shower curtain I'd ever seen. No manuals or final instructions. Diverter broke within weeks of installation - had to have it replaced with redesigned diverter as this was a design flaw. Finally ended up hiring private contractor to put in custom shower doors to fix space and door problem.

NOTIFIED BY COUNTY PERMIT CHECK BOUNCED FROM INSTALLER. Finally got this issue resolved - later got notice. FINAL INSPECTION NOT DONE AND PERMIT WAS GOING TO EXPIRE. Will this nightmare never end? Dealing with rep it was clear that we were just one of many fires they were trying to put out. I think the only reason they can stay in business is they don't rely on repeat business or referrals. I should have done my research before ordering.

We have been waiting for 6 months for Jacuzzi company to get our shower doors right. The basement ceiling is leaking from the shower! They said they would take 2000.00 off the remaining due price. When I know we have more than that in damages, I told them they can come and take the unit out! I'm done messing around with this company. I would not recommend them to anyone that asks! Very incompetent!

I purchased 4 Jacuzzi Espree jetted tubs from Lowe's. All four units have failed - cracked jets resulting in significant damage to the bathrooms. Jacuzzi has enough info and should have issued recalls. Happy to join a class action suit.

Twice have had several-hundred dollar repairs on Jacuzzi tub - jets crack and leak causing water damage to rooms below. Second repair job just finished - filled tub to double check for leaks and find more leaks - just not as fast and obvious as the one repaired. Looking closer, all of the jets are cracked - even the one just replaced last year. This is in a very lightly used tub. I'm not a complainer by nature but this is horrible quality for a major home investment. Will never own another Jacuzzi product, PERIOD.

My wife and I are in our mid 60's. 6 yrs. ago, knowing we are getting older and achier, we had our bathroom remodeled, and replaced a perfectly good regular bathtub with a Jacuzzi Espree model tub. It worked fine up until a few months ago. First the carpet was wet. Then the ceiling in the basement under the tub became wet, discoloring ceiling tiles. Once this was discovered, I started to tear into walls and ceilings to first find the leak, then hopefully repair or replace parts causing it. I'm no plumber, but have some experiences from former HVAC employer training. I could not see where this leak was coming from, only where it was dripping off the very center bottom of the tub.

I purchased the unit at Lowe's, and they gave me an 800 # to call. I did, and they referred me to an outfit 1-1/2 hrs. away, who told me they were not plumbers, but would gladly come the distance and charge me $300/ hr. to look, and concur that I had a problem. Their solution was to go back to Lowe's. I elected to call a plumber I trusted from previous work on my home. Together, we decided to cut a second inspection panel into the front face of the tub, where we then found the leak was coming from one of the side jet plastic locking nuts that hold the jet to the tub body. It was cracked. It wasn't cracked when it was installed. My plumber determined which parts needed replaced, and he was going to check with a local pool/spa dealer to see if he could get any replacement parts, and asked me to try to get info/parts through Jacuzzi.

I went to their website, and asked to have sent a list of parts. They gave me a runaround, and would not send me anything. I went back to Lowe's again, and a sales clerk was able to at least get me a few sheets of comparable parts. I'm at the point where I have not tried to order anything from Jacuzzi yet. I am hoping we can fix my problem without having to tear out tiles and the entire tub unit. This has been a very disappointing experience so far, and it's not been resolved as of now. Caveat Emptor!

We built a new house doing much of the inside work ourselves. When it came time to buy fixtures I wanted quality above builders grade. I ended up at Lowe's to buy my tubs, one of the tubs Jacuzzi espree model BB66 was chosen. Moving into the house in 2012, my wife used the tub for her legs. Running the whirlpool on average every 4 days. One night while taking a bath, she heard water dripping as she soaked. She called me to check it. I found one of the back jets leaking, the floor under the tub soaking wet. I started searching for a replacement jet, had to call Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi very friendly said the parts were warrantied for life, labor was not.

Doing a search on how to replace the jet led me to this site. After seeing how many folks have had trouble with this tub I went back to check the other Jets. I had first thought this was an isolated case of one over tightened or badly manufactured jet. I found two more jets with developing cracks in them. One of these jets are up against the back wall which will require removal of the tub. To remove the tub I will have to pull the tile off above the tub, cut the bottom of the dry wall, pull the toilet and hope I can get the tub out far enough to get to the back side. Of course all this will have to be put back. This becomes a major job when I spent extra trying to buy a fixture that I thought would have lasted me the next 20 years.

I went to Lowe's where I bought the tub. I explained to them I ended up at their store trying to specifically get a quality product, they are investigating. I have told them there are multiple complaints all over on this model. Hopefully they will contact Jacuzzi and between the two of them make this right. I think we caught our leak early, no real way to tell till the tub is pulled. All tubs are not this way, the house I moved out of, I put one in it in 1994 never had a lick of trouble with it and our whole family used that one. It is still in use. One might say you get what you pay for, but I didn't buy the cheap one. I am surprised there is not a class action law suit on this because of the possible damage it can cause.

If you are thinking about a new shower do not consider Jacuzzi products. The salesman was not truthful about the measurements and lose of room inside and outside of the shower, or just does not know the product. The shower is very small inside with the bars and the seat makes it hard to use with my left cut off, and with my prosthetic on. The water valve does not keep the temperature constant as we were told it would. All shower head and jets drip after the water is turned off. Very hard to clean, must be towel dried after each use. Even cheap showers, including motel showers have the lips on soap dish to keep the soap bar in place but Jacuzzi Hydrotherapy does not. The value of the Hydrotherapy Shower is at best one tenth of the price we paid. DO NOT CONSIDER JACUZZI PRODUCTS!!!!

I guess I am one of the lucky few who hasn't suffered any leaks or cracks, and the toilet flushes solid waste just fine. So, I doubled the usual number of stars from one to two. However, I would not buy this toilet again (if they still manufacture them) because it is a royal pain in the neck to make the simplest repair.

My toilet started leaking where the supply line goes into the tank. On an ordinary toilet, the access to the supply line bolt (nut?) is easily accessible, and you can tighten it with any box wrench. However, on the Espree toilet, the bolt is about 3" from the wall, and is concealed by a porcelain flange extending out from the bowl. I had to buy a specialized wrench to get to it, and it was still an aggravation to tighten the bolt. I do give the Rigid telescopic basin wrench, model #1017, five stars. Don't get the cheap wrench!

Part broke inside (underneath the tub) which caused it to leak down through the ceiling in the basement. This tub has been defective and had problems since we got it and has been worked on four times before this even happened. We believe the company should be liable for this defective tub and the damage it caused to our home. Thank you.

I read bad Jacuzzi reviews before and thought I was lucky I didn't have the same problem. Well, now I do - two jets developed cracks after 7 years, leaked and flooded the room below. Jacuzzi - shame on you, consumer - stay away from this brand.

Shipped me a defective tub, sent them pictures and described the problem, including the plumber's comments. They shipped a replacement. The replacement is worse than the first and weighs 20% less. Less material means even thinner. I would like to put in "0" stars, but that option is not available - and I am beyond angry - was angry with the first tub. Now livid.

I purchased a new Jacuzzi whirlpool tub from my local Lowe's store. I even paid to have it delivered. I installed the tub and after the job was 100% done, I removed the plastic around the top edge of the tub to find the clearcoat clear glazing had spider cracks in it. Not the fiberglass, just the clearcoat. I called Jacuzzi and they said to email them the pictures and send them the receipt too.

They set up a fiberglass Jacuzzi authorized repair guy to come out. They said it is common and it just needs to be buffed out. The guy never showed. Two more weeks of waiting for a call and now Jacuzzi said they looked at the pictures again and now say it will not be covered under warranty! They said the tub had to have been handled by Lowe's wrong and they stressed the tub. Or maybe shipping stressed the tub. Either way they said they will not fin it.

I called the guy who was suppose to come out and he told me they will not pay him enough to cover his travel and he does not have any other jobs in the area. So it looks like Jacuzzi is trying to get out of their warranty because they are too cheap to come fix my tub. Looks like I may have to go to court to fix this. Stay clear of Jacuzzi. The name is NOT what it use to be. Also their tub drain kit was $88 and turned out to be 100% plastic. What junk. Next time I go with a different brand! Jacuzzi has been a major disappointment!

My wife chose this unit for the smooth sides which she said would help her to keep it clean. The problem is, it flushes poorly, seldom will it remove waste in one attempt. Have replaced flush valve/flapper and water is at fill line. Unit is 2 years old and was expensive when purchased. I have had better units that cost $60. Last Jacuzzi product for me!

We tried for 2 weeks after trying to fix our Jacuzzi toilet which runs constantly to get a hold of these people. The toilet is only 13 months old and we fixed some clogs but it will not shut off or fill up the tank with water and I just paid a $100.00 water bill. I'm sick and have a severely disabled son and we both have stomach issues. When I did get a hold of them, they had me make a bunch of useless adjustments that did no good whatsoever. We bought it at Lowe's and they installed it last Christmas. We are on disability and can't afford these high water bills. Jacuzzi refused to send anyone out. We paid $150.00 for this toilet and it should not be torn up already. We are having to pour a bucket of water in it every time we use it and that's running my water bill up also. I just want my toilet fixed or replaced.

Does not deserve one star. Solid waste sticks to the toilet and fails to get flushed, even after multiple flushing. My sister and I are caring for our terminally ill father and routinely have to maneuver him out of the bathroom on the Hoyer lift after he has used the toilet, while trying to keep him from seeing what is left in the toilet because it makes him feel terrible that we have to clean up after him. Then one of us returns to the bathroom, puts on a glove, and shoves the solid waste down to the trap. Then we clean and disinfect everything. This toilet fails to perform the basic function of a toilet and most certainly does not conserve water. Oh, and new development as of yesterday, now the handle is leaking.

We purchased two toilets for a remodel. One of them has a problem. All the STUFF sticks to it. Lowe's told us we waited too late to complain. We thought it would get better with time but it has gotten worse. I am having trouble getting in touch with anyone from Jacuzzi. I am tired of scrubbing poop every day.

I purchased a Jacuzzi tub Espree series at Lowe's in 2005. It had been used about 12 times before the jets began to fail/ leak, causing $20,000 in water damage to our home. We had the jets replaced and within two subsequent uses, another jet failed, causing another $5,000+ in damage. Now, we are awaiting the outcome of legal and insurance proceedings with Jacuzzi, but have a tub that has been unusable for 21 months. Jacuzzi might be a household brand name, but their products are garbage and they do not back them up with anything that remotely resembles a decent warranty. My suggestion is that you steer clear of anything with the Jacuzzi brand. It's not at all worth the aggravation.

Just like so many other Jacuzzi victims, I bought their product in good faith. I mostly use it as a shower but eventually my daughter wanted to take a bath. This meant lot of water in my kitchen below. I called Jacuzzi and they told me the warranty had run out. I tiled it in to make the installation permanent so I am screwed. I can use it as a shower but that's it. Be forewarned, their tubs are junk. Stay away from Jacuzzi.

Water Jets Cracking and Leaking: After about two years, one water jet broke and we had water pouring into the basement. I contacted Jacuzzi and they said it was out of warranty. They did send us 2 new sets of piping and water jets. We had to have it installed for ourselves. Now about 1-1/2 years later, another water jet has broken which is very difficult to reach. We purchased this product because Jacuzzi stood for a high quality product, and we are very disappointed. Jacuzzi will not offer any assistance to correct these faulty jets. If one breaks on the back of the tub, we will have to have the whole tub removed to fix it. At that point, we will replace the tub with a different name brand.

We put the Jacuzzi Espree model in our bath 4 years ago, and maybe used it around 30 times. Several of the jets are cracked and have leaked. We can no longer use it, and Jacuzzi told us that we could have it inspected at our own expense, to see if they could replace the parts. I am very disappointed that we spent money on something I thought had a good name. After reading many, other consumer complaints with the same problem, I will never purchase another Jacuzzi product.

I purchased a tub on May 2009. On Nov 2010, two jets leaked and damage to the basement. I had to pull the tub and have it re-plumbed. Jacuzzi only provided parts. On Oct. 2011, another jet cracked in the exact same manner. This time with major damage to the wood floor in our bedroom. I contacted Eda ** (**) at Jacuzzi. They offered new jets or a new tub. I will not talk about help with the labor on tub and floor.

One of the jets in our Express series Jacuzzi tub that was purchased and installed in 2008 cracked and flooded our adjoining bedroom, resulting in floor damage. I called Jacuzzi and was told they would send a replacement jet. I received 10 jets with all the additional piping, 34lbs, in two boxes! Because of receiving 10 instead of 1, I searched for a possible recall and read the complaints on this website. Our contractor replaced as many jets as could be reached and even with this, we are reluctant to ever use the tub again. I am shipping the cracked jet along with the other two (not cracked yet!) to our insurance company for their lab to investigate why the jets may be failing.

Our Jacuzzi tub is only three yrs old and one of the smaller jets cracked and leaked.

Jacuzzi Company Profile