1.13/5
Based on 88 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

92 Hitachi Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased Hitachi but every year it creates problem, every year I have to change my coil which is very costly. So I request to all don't purchase Hitachi AC. I'm very disappointed with Hitachi. Will advice to everyone not to purchase Hitachi.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Poor product quality when compared to its peers. Poor cooling system and is much poor compared to Air conditioners of its budget and even less than it. Servicing is just not acceptable. You will end up losing lot of money because of some cunning technician who will use your goodness to manipulate you and suck away extra bucks. The most frustrating part is to see them indulge in corrupt practices, for example, one technician came to reinstall my AC and believe me he screwed the entire installation and charged me nearly 6k.

After he messed up the Installation, I requested them to correct their own blunders, they first of all made me follow up for a month and then asked me to pay for some errors they made and otherwise denied to serve. The people who are allocated in the customer care center are extremely poor quality people who lack basic courtesy and they are just not equipped and trained to talk over a call also, forget about the service and information. Technicians are next level of useless people who are actually third party service centers with which Hitachi have tie ups. They are literally dumb people and have no sense of their brand reputation, forget about the customer satisfaction.

Now note that my review is based on some great patience to see Hitachi guys performing, but now I realize it's not some poor skill alone that makes me feel disgusted with Hitachi Air conditioner products and services, it's at a high level of comfort in market and have lost all pulse of the customer and quality. Overall I would urge you not to buy any product and services from Hitachi!! They just don't deserve it!!

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Pls if anybody listening, Hitachi is a bad company, they are making people frustrated from their products and services, why after so many complaints from consumers they are still allowed to sell their products. It is a request. Pls take action. See how people are complaining, I am going through the same situation, They are as worst as any company can be. How can government allow such companies to sell their products and fake services in the country. After selling their products, they will not listen to your complaints. You will have no option left to use abusive language which is not good. But they force you by not receiving your calls and give fake commitments. They are not coming to repair my AC from last two weeks... and giving fake commitments, they don't even bother, every time new phone nos. They are really impossible. Nobody can tolerate this...

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

@hitachi never again. Feel like throwing the AC out of the house. Very bad experience till now. Mine is 2 months old AC 1.5 ton window. No cooling at all. Have raised several complaints but no response. The technician also declared that there is gas issue but they are not taking any action. I want my ac to be changed or my money back.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased the window WINDOW AC - 1.5TR HITACHI KAZE PLUS - RAW518KUDZ1 With one-year warranty for machine and 5 year warranty for compressor. Unfortunately, the compressor is out of order for last __ weeks, I complained about the same. After some days on two technicians visited my place to handle the complaint as they were supposed to, but they simply told me that the compressor is needed to replace, which I already know and mentioned in the complained already, they charged me Rs. 500/- as a visit charge for nothing. After that Hitachi closed my complaint by remark- “customer denied paying” but I have receipt that I paid to him.

Again, next they came along with the compressor to replace with the old one but with the condition that I will have to pay extra for the capacitor and the gas charges and second visit charges again for the same complaint. I was disappointed with all this, I am being forced to pay for all that which got damaged due to faulty compressor under warranty period. However, I simply told the technician to just replace the compressor. Rest I will get done from vendor. But the technician refused badly and asking me to charge two time visit charges for the same query and gas charges. I was got shocked when I got to know that my complaint has been closed without resolving it and without my concern. I was already offended by technicians misbehave and this added worse. I enquired lot but no result, finally I was left with no choice except launching complaint in Consumer court that reference number is **. Still no response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have purchased Hitachi 1.5 ton 5 start split AC, AC have not completed two years, but water is freezing on indoor unit, also support person come and blindly say, "Gas is finished. You have to pay approx 3-4k" and took the 500 rs fees. Very worst experience. Please spend some money more and purchase some good AC like O General etc. Also shopkeeper had suggested me to not to purchase it but only due to name of Hitachi I have purchased. Wastage of money. Really I am totally frustrated. And Hitachi support has making money only by making fool.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have renewed AMC contract in the month of April-2018 for my Air conditioner. This Air conditioner gone down in the month of June-2018. I lodge a complaint on 10/06/2018. I was surprised to know that call was closed without attending, after that I again lodge a complaint on 13/06/2018. Now the call has been attended on 15/06/2018, service engineer has reported that condenser need to be replaced on paid basis. For which I have immediately confirmed that I am ready to pay towards replacement cost of condenser (despite my AC is covered in comprehensive AMC). It was told that condenser will be replaced latest by 20/06/2018 but nothing has happened till date.

I have received call from all of the senior officials from HITACHI but my AC is not repaired till date. In the view of above, it is clear that these MNC companies like Hitachi is also like another east India company, they are just sucking hard earned money of Indians and not interested to provide the services. I must say that it is always better to purchase AC which are “Make in India”.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We purchased AC (Inverter AC Split 1.5T) just one month back and it's quite noisy. Hitachi claims that inverter ACs are NOISY by design. It has been rather frustrating experience. I have been visited four times by their engineers after escalation to their MD and Global MD but no resolution yet.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I am from Aligarh, bought a 4 door refrigerator, with inverter technique, 670 litres capacity from local shopkeeper and totally disappointed with Hitachi company service. We called for a complaint as our refrigerator was not working due to some issue. When it was checked, we were told that the PCB of a panel need to be changed and since it happened after 1 year of purchasing so we were charged Rs.500/-.

They told us that new PCB would be of Rs.10900/- and in front of that too much costly refrigerator, we agreed to get it repaired as soon as possible... And that too when it was the time of June days (worst summer time). But nobody came for the service till date even after of reminding so many times, MOREOVER in spite of understanding our problem, they just IGNORED us and STOPPED to RECEIVE our call... Is this the courtesy of this brand towards their customers? I will never ever recommend anyone to buy any product of Hitachi.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Recently I bought a Hitachi, split, 1.5 ton, inverter, 5 star AC. Performance of this AC is worst among all the ACs which I have at my office and home, rather, this is the worst I purchased in my lifetime. However, I was told at the time of purchase that this is one of the best AC, so I was charged heavily, with a claim that it is PERFECT AC; but now VERY LITTLE COOLING, years old Voltas AC performance is far far better than this AC.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I am from Sitapur district U.P. & buy a 2 ton inverter split ac 5 star rating from local shop M/s Vinod Enterprise Sitapur on 07.06.2018 & totally disappointed with Hitachi company as they don't give their service centre to trained staff. They hire 3rd party to install ac & they don't have no experience. From the first day cooling was not effective.

They do installation but they don't insulate pipe properly by which leakage was held in my room. They claim that filter was clean automatically when you push button on remote & when I complaint after purchasing the unit within a week their idiot technician told me the filter is jammed that's why cooling is not proper but I don't think within a three days filter are jammed. They are not trained & I am totally disappointed with Hitachi company & waste my money to purchase this worst company ac. I make mood if they not solve my issue within a week. I go to consumer forum. Never buy any Hitachi company product as they don't give you proper service.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have two Hitachi AC. One is 1.5 window AC and another is 1.2 split AC which is just one year old. The first one is very noisy and the second one has stopped cooling. Now I feel disappointed of buying this brand which I thought will give me value for money.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I called up customer care on 05.06.2018 as my split a.c. (01 Ton) was not working. I got a complain No. ** against my registered number **. Next day evening it was checked and told me that PCB is to be replaced (I was charged Rs.500/- as it is more than one year old.) and app. Rs.5000/- for PCB will be charged when replaced. I agreed... Till date nobody appeared from the service centre despite the repeated reminders. Every time alternate mobile number is given for further query as they do not know when will they get the required spare part from the warehouse. Customer care is very sure to get it done tomorrow which never comes. I had the impression that Hitachi is number one brand in India and I am sure now that it is no brand in India. Nobody is bothered how you are living in such hot weather. Can SOMEBODY HELP ME IN THIS REGARD???

Original review: May 27, 2018

Hi friends. I am sharing my experience with you which are very very very sad. We purchased Hitachi a.c (d.c. inverter ) 3 Star dated 17/05/2018. Now date 27/05/2018 at 44000 at Keshav Motors Kothagudem Telangana when we installed water leakage from indoor unit. We called more than 100 time to Hitachi customer care services no **. They always says technician will solve the problem but no technician Could. One technician came. He opened every part. He finally said board has a problem so in my family every one disappointed. Children are suffering a lot... Worst worst worst Company. Don't purchase and don't fell like my family.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My Hitachi split AC (I have purchased 4) stopped cooling. I called customer service to inspect and repair. The verdict given was oil has got into the gas pipe. The gas and oil had to be removed, gas and oil replaced in separate pipes. Maintenance done, the AC is not cooling. I paid Rs. 2750 for the service plus Rs. 650 for the visit to diagnose the problem. I wholly endorse other customer reviews of this product and service. Not worth buying this AC brand.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Pathetic! **‬ The number given to call once the Hitachi AC is delivered. Please don’t waste your time calling, cause they will never answer regardless of how many hundred times you call. In fact one time the person even disconnected my phone. Finally the lady picks up the calls (most likely by mistake) and has the courage to say they never pick up the calls as it’s always ringing. Must be by tons of customers like me calling. So if you bought a Hitachi make sure the phone is with you 24x7 and you answer else you’ll never get the AC installed. If you are in no hurry to get it installed then buy a Hitachi and don’t bother calling them cause they will not answer!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I don't recommend anyone to purchase any Hitachi product. Their after sale service is worst. I called for Hitachi AC service a week back. Till date no one has turned up. Thrice I called them and each time I called them the customer care executive said, "We will put in reminder and your complaint will be attended to on priority basis." Then I called them today i.e. Wednesday, customer care executive told me that by evening someone will be at my place but till now i.e 19:00 hrs no one has come. Now I cancelled the installation request from my end. They seem to be more interested in Ghar Ghar Ki Mahabharat rather than solving customer woes.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have purchased HITACHI split AC on 2013 and after 5 years it is for no use. There is no after sell service directly from company. All 3rd party technician who are not qualified will come for repair the problem. Buying this company product is just waste of money. Please don't buy this company product and help others to save their money. If you have plan to throw you AC after 5 years buying HITACHI is the best choice.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Today I am feeling ashamed of being a Hitachi customer as I heard a lot about this brand and invested almost 33000 in name of trust, however, I am feeling being fooled today. When I was purchasing your window AC about an year ago I was assured by your customer care representative and by retail seller that there will be no gas refilling issue at least for 3 years and it got the same issue within a month of purchase and this is the 2nd time I am facing the same gas refilling issue.

I even mailed and registered a complaint and receive a call from your service manager and he was forcing me to close the complaint ASAP by getting it repaired, however, I clearly mentioned in my complaint to replace the product. The service manager said that do whatever you want we will not replace the product and will only repair it, however, we were asked to register. Complaint by the customer care representative and service to get it replaced.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We have purchased a wrong product. Worst machine not working properly. Worst dealer in Jabalpur (M/P/). No service. Not picking the phone. Just want to sell unit. Worst AC product not working properly. Worst dealer network non professional people.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Hitachi, PATHETIC AND WORSE SERVICE EXPERIENCE RECEIVED FROM YOU. I have purchased an Hitachi Invertor Air-Conditioner from New Pankaj Electronics on July 19, 2017. I have faced troubles from the second day of installation of the machine and your executives have visited my place many times but the machine still faces issues. Your team has even changed the PCBs of my Air Conditioner but all the efforts go in vain. Every time I call and register complain, your executives come and promise that this time the machine will work properly and no further issues will come but every time the problem occurs.

As per your area manager Mr Anuj ** my Current Call Number: ** problem is to be solved within a week but it’s been more than a month and no help has came yet. Moreover, I received a message stating that my Call Number has been closed. Give me a solution for this or pay my money back. I don't want to spend any money with a fraud company like Hitachi. Are you guys waiting for an year to pass so that my product goes out of warranty. What kind of service is this. LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION ASAP!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I don't recommend anyone to purchase any Hitachi product. Because their after sale service is worst. I called for Hitachi AC service on Sunday. When I contact them for AMC they told me within 24 hrs. someone from service center call me. Then I called Monday. Again they say, "We send your complaint in priority basis. It will attend within 24 hrs." Again I call on Tuesday. The customer care executive told me the same thing. Then I call on Wednesday, customer care executive told me that, "There is no complaint from my side. You have to register a fresh complaint." I talk to him for at least 40 min and insist him to give me complaint number or give me the phone to his senior. But he told me that there is no complaint number and he assured me that now within 24 hrs. someone will come to attain my complaint.

I asked for his name and number, he told me his name is Anup and he can't give his number. When I did not get any response from service person I called again and this time I told the executive that kindly give the line to Anup, The executive told me that there is no one in the name of Anup. And again he did the same commitment like Anup. So I think Hitachi just want to sell their product. But they don't want bother after sale service. So kindly think about Hitachi worst service before purchase any Hitachi product. I STRONGLY DON'T RECOMMEND TO PURCHASE HITACHI PRODUCT.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We have bought Hitachi AC in the month of April 2017. From the starting we faced a lot of problems like 1. Low cooling 2-3 technicians tried their level best and at last the problem was resolved with several difficulty. 2. In the month of Jan 2018 we got a call from Hitachi regarding regular service, as our AC was under warranty for 1 year. A technician from Hitachi came in the first week of Feb 2018 done some service kind of thing. From then the problem started where the AC is not working properly, we tried to contact the technician who have done the service was unavailable. From then we have registered several complaints. 2-3 technicians came mentioning different problems that we need to change this part that part etc.

For this we will raise complaint to the company soon. Till now our problem has not been resolved. Even I have discussed with the customer service they are giving different numbers of the in charge whose numbers are unavailable. I do have all the complaint registered messages with me and every time I merge complaint they are trying to convince is that they will resolve the issue within a week or 10 days. But it has been more than 2 months... I don't think so it will be resolved so better don't go for Hitachi as the product is a multinational but it won't provide enough service.

One more tragedy thing here with the Hitachi is it didn't have proper or a standard technician. The technicians who were interacting with us (since starting I would have interacted more than 10 technician) are third party fellows who are not apart from Hitachi... Only once I have interacted with a person who is officially from Hitachi... That means they even don't have enough manpower and no standard or official technician with skill knowledge.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have a worst experience since I have purchase the AC a year past. I have file complaint regarding low cooling but the complaint have not been solved. A person who came at my doorstep did say "mam your AC has a problem and we can't solve the issue till we do not get order from the head and accepted that this was a defective set which is at my home set", but then too after so many complaint and one year warranty my problems were not solved. Nor your service was up to date nor your customer service executive give us a proper respond. I would not give one star. Also the experience rating this bad is your service. Hope after this you look to matter and take care of your customers. Otherwise there are many other company in market who provide better services at least than your company. The persons who read this is a humble request. Never go to purchase from this company as it is not satisfying the customers.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Company is selling defected ac, and take repairing charges even the product is under warranty. A split air conditioner of Hitachi was purchased on 3.4.17 from Kaura Electronics. The above ac did not work after its installation and so many complaints was placed at your customer care telephonically as well as through emails. This time the company charged me rs. 600_ (even the ac is under warranty) for its repair which was also unsuccessful. As the device was defected / not working from the first day of purchase and the same thing was intimated to you and dealer, yet neither you nor the dealer took responsibility to Replace the defective ac. Please make arrangement to replace the ac and refund the unauthorized charged amount to me.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Hitachi is one of the worst company as far as consumer services are concerned. They do not care about the servicing of the product even if it is in servicing period. Once the service period gets over they will start calling you to renew it. They will take you in confidence by giving you X number of free services. Once renewed they will again show their true colour. Strong recommendation: Do never buy any Hitachi product.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Hitachi sells defective and fraudulent products. Not trustworthy. Purchased-: Hitachi split ac model 6000051544 hitachi waza3200i RSD318EAEA INV 1.5 T 3S. Date of purchase -: 17/06/2017 Shop-: EZONE BIGBAZAAR GIP MALL, NOIDA, SECTOR-18 First Complaint -: 17062207429 dated on 22nd June, 2017. Complain details-: PCB Board was faulty and replaced after fews after complaining. Second Complaint-: 17070902926 dated on 9th July, 2017. Complaint details-: SAME AS FIRST. PCB Board last time replaced is again proved faulty. Third Complaint-: Same as second. PCB board is again faulty. The nature of fault is consistent even after repairing. Please don't purchase Hitachi's products. It is not trustworthy. It has poor service. It harasses customers mentally and physically.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Brought the highest model of Hitachi AC in March 2017. The remote controller is not functioning since April 2017. We made several complaints through customer care, had heated talks with managers, written several emails but all in vain. The service department has turned a deaf ear towards the customers. Had it been a typical high tech complaint the delay could be understood. The company had to provide a simple remote controller which they are selling with every new AC. Every time we made a call we got the reply that the part is not available. If the part was not available how could they sell new AC. The part was always available for new customers but why provide the same to someone who has already paid. The company will not be able to sell a new AC if the remote is provided to an existing customer.

Original review: July 28, 2017

HITACHI AIR CONDITIONERS was once upon a time, a reliable product. Three years ago we purchased a 3HP reverse cycle. It has just blown up. We have paid for the fan to be replaced and still not working. The contractor told us that as from 3 years ago Hitachi moved its assembly line to China. The contractor said so many problems now as the Chinese are renown for cutting corners and leaving bits out or putting in a sub-standard part. He said if we want to get another air conditioner get a Daikin they are made in several countries, but get the one made in Japan. ;-( Wish we knew this before we spent $16000 HKD on this pile of rubbish.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I had purchased Hitachi Split AC with below details, Hitachi Split AC -1.5 Ton, 3 Star Model No. RA4317 KWD (with Kit). Sr. No. ID4 / OD4. From M/S Saraf Cooling Company limited (122/1/A-2, Sarojini Nagar Kanpur-208005) on dated 04.05.2017. Supplier (M/S Saraf Cooling) charged 1000 INR for AC installation fees which was inclusive in total bill amount 32000 INR. Supplier had sent unauthorized and untrained professionals for AC installation.

Total distance b/w indoor and outdoor unit is approx 9 inches. After 6 hour of installation time, they broken outdoor unit valves due to over tightening due to which gas gets leaked from AC unit. I purchased AC in month of peak summer during now after lot of phone complaints and reminder no action has been taken by the company till date which is very disappointing. Thereby I request the company to change the complete outdoor unit which is breakdown due to Negligence in installation of company personals for which I suffering.

Hitachi expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.

• Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.

• Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.

• Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.

• High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.

• Best for: those who need a split or window air conditioner, particularly in India and industrial or corporate clients interested in complete HVAC systems.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Hitachi Air Conditioner Company Information

Hitachi
www.hitachi.us

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business