Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Hitachi Air Conditioner

Hitachi Air Conditioner

3.9/5 (251 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Hitachi Air Conditioner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Hitachi Air Conditioner Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi Air Conditioner?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

My 2 year old AC had problems with cooling. I registered complaint at service centre, even after 36 in peak summer, there was no response. I called customer support, they said they don't know when my AC will be repaired. After 48 hours I got an SMS with a phone number, that too was switched off. I don't want to buy any Hitachi product in Future.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I bought Hitachi split air conditioner DC inverter AC 1.5 ton in June 2021 and it is making too much noise so I need of a service engineer to check it and I am contacting to customer care. But very much regretfully I have to write here that even they are not giving any satisfactory reply, even they aren't not replying that when they will send service engineer. Very much poor experience with Hitachi customer care. I am sharing my experience that please don't go to Hitachi. They are irresponsible.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Bought two Split 1.5t each inverter AC from Flipkart in March. Installed in April by Hitachi team with one Hitachi reinstalled charged 14000 rs. In April itself all three stopped cooling due to Gas leak. Hitachi filled gas into two. One reinstalled whom I paid didn't filled gas by Hitachi. Then waterfall in room in two. Hitachi repaired. In April again on AC gas leaked. Hitachi filled gas and afterwards that also started water pouring inside room. Again called. Waiting for Hitachi reply....I'm surprised how such a big known company doing such harassment to customers. Hitachi should find perfect manpower to run its business. The team who installed the three AC should be punished. Sanjay **

Original review: May 28, 2021

Purchased from local dealer as it was not available at Amazon or Flipkart...After installation refrigerant gas was found to be 50% resulting in zero cooling. Informed customer care and dealer through phone and email to replace the unit. Till date no response.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I purchased an AC on 23rd March 2021 and today is May 20th, 2021 and the AC has stopped cooling in less than 2 months time. The technician was in a hurry to install the AC and did not do a good job. The customer care number is never reachable and they do not take your complaints seriously. The service centers will delay the service as much as possible. Hitachi is horrible brand. DO NOT PURCHASE HITACHI AIR CONDITIONER. They are big time CHEATERS.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Local Technician, customer care Executive and all are playing some tricky games, No one is responding, you call them 100 times and Each and every time they give some different answers and excuses too. Dont buy any air conditioner Of Hitachi, Local Technician Mr ** took 4000 rs from me for the things which comes under Warranty (Indoor PCB), Pathetic and worst Service providing company. Dont buy... Not even if they provide free of cost.

Original review: April 26, 2021

The product is highly unreliable. At least my experience. And even more importantly, disgusting customer grievance handling. Actually there is nothing like customer grievance redressal kind of thing. You book a call, get repair and pay the charge. That's it. Nobody in the company listens about customer grievance or feedback. My experience has been horrible in this regard.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Hitachi air conditioners are been sold In India through Johnson Control Ltd. They have NO control After Sales Service, Sales Service people behave like Owners, Call Centers have all parroted answers, don't expect solutions from them and quality of Coil provided by Hitachi is of Worst quality, so be aware of this things before buying hitachi as we buy brand Hitachi and we get Johnson Control in hand. After making huge payment and AMC we have to shred out money again and again and Service Centers are like money looters, waiting for you to buy hitachi products so that they can robbed your money till you yourself don't stop buying hitachi.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

At 12 months I questioned if it was the correct size unit due to poor cooling, 14 months temperature displays error code. Technician came cleaned it up got it started and it cooled. He was sitting in the truck as I ran outside unit failed again same error. We both research the code no information available. Two weeks he came with gas. Took the outside unit apart. Found the error code list. Unit has a major leak. Repaired back. Working 26 months. Unit fails to cool again and leaves a humid room. Checked and cleaned OK. 28 months set at 23 C went in three hours severely frozen. It was 21 C in room. Raised temperature to 24 C. Four hours later it dropped to 17 C. Raised it to 25 C. Now room is 24 C and humid... I would gladly give this unit a 0 stars if possible...

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

My very bad experience with Hitachi ac so I have suggested no one can buy Hitachi ac. I had purchased a split inverter dc ac in Jan-19 and installed by company. After 3 month gas leaked. By the complaint of low cooling service center attained and found gas leaked and gas filled due to warranty period and observed a loose nut found in where the gas was filled. After 7-8 the same issue feeling but I denied and filter and parts cleaned. But after 1 month the same issue of low cooling complaint filled and the technician found gas leaked issue from the same loose nut but company not agreed with defective parts. Because of same issue gas leaked , company demand for service charges and gas filling. I had complaint in national consumer helpline but can't help me proper solution. I can't suggest anyone to purchase Hitachi ac. Sell defective products and customer harassed with the product.

Hitachi author review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.

• Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.

• Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.

• Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.

• High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Hitachi Air Conditioner Company Information