Hitachi Air Conditioner

Hitachi Air Conditioner

3.1/5 (83 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Hitachi Air Conditioner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Hitachi Air Conditioner Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi Air Conditioner?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Our A.C. is not working properly, we had complained about the issues but the service is not provided. The technician had no ways of talking, he was damn rude with us. Neither he came to check the fault. It is only one month with AC and it got a fault. The AC is not giving cooling effect. Think before you buy ....

Original review: June 10, 2022

I change the compressor by Hitachi service care and after 10 day the ac is not colling. The gas is empty in 10 days. And mechanic is say it's no warranty. He say it is charge of refill the gas. Before it charge 10 day before.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I purchased 3 AC’s of 2 ton each in the last summer of 2021 one of them being non inverter. The inverter AC’s have been continuously getting breakdown and no service has been provided by the company till then. I’ve tried all their levels of concerned person to whom I could’ve shared the matter with. No solution has been provided to me since last year. Worst Machine ever and Worst service ever. Kindly DO NOT ever plan to purchase Hitachi AC. I tell you, you’d have nightmares with their after-sales services and no one would come to your rescue, not even their highest authorities.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Recently I have purchased brand new ac of Hitachi. Company is saying they are checking 43 tests of product & after that sold to the customer. AC delivered on 16th April morning. It’s installation done on Sunday till 5pm. Your technician started the ac at that time I told them. AC is not working properly. Not giving cooling. They told it gives best cooling in night. And at night when I started within 15-20 mints it’s stopped working. It’s very worst product. I want full refund with the all installation charges. I don’t want this product. Refund it and picked up your product. Very cheap product. Poor after sale service. No one answered the call. Helpline number not helpful. Service center not responding. Call again and again and technician said wait for 15-20 days. Please don’t think to buy Hitachi ac. It’s just waste of money.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Worst ever after sales in Indore. Bought 2 ACs, 1.5 ton and 1 ton. Within 2 weeks, 1 ton AC stopped working and contacting aftersales has been tug of war. Installation of new ACs was equally a big drama, now aftersales is worst. A phone call can cost you 10 to 15 minutes because you are caller number 15 then 14 and 13 and so on. I have no clue to what I should do, probably report the matter to consumer forum

Original review: April 9, 2022

I bought Hitachi AC on April 8. Engineers for installation came on April 9 at 7 pm. Started insisting us for outside wiring despite availability of inside wiring in the wall. Behaved very pathetically.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I am a owner of a Hitachi Window AC purchased on 2 April 2021. I had made a service request on 29 Mar 2021, I was given a Service number and a technician was assigned, but no one turned up till now. Quite a poor state of service provision by such a Big brand.

Original review: March 28, 2022

We had bought two split AC to our Nagercoil residence. We have been having nightmares with the service provider in Nagercoil. The call center sounds helpless with our problem. Though Hitachi has specified the service charges after warranty the local service center dictates their terms they have their own set of services charges, after many follow up calls finally a technician was sent, NO updates till a week post that the service center calls and says they he send another technician who wants an update right from my address to the actual issue with the system.. In my opinion if after sales service is not good one should throw the product and invest in another product. Senior managers in Hitachi are so very VVIPs that we cannot reach them out at any cost. So pls be careful before investing your money in such worst company product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

With heavily heart am doing review about Hitachi AC, After sales service is very bad, it's been 1 month my AC is not working and till now no one here to execute my complaint, I tried call to customer care but no one is ready to help. Just after 3 month of purchasing I was facing problem in AC, and one is care about the customer, I suggest you to do not buy it. If someone personally want feedback about Hitachi AC, can contact me personally.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

My 2 year old AC had problems with cooling. I registered complaint at service centre, even after 36 in peak summer, there was no response. I called customer support, they said they don't know when my AC will be repaired. After 48 hours I got an SMS with a phone number, that too was switched off. I don't want to buy any Hitachi product in Future.

Hitachi author review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.

• Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.

• Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.

• Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.

• High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Advisor

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Hitachi Air Conditioner Company Information