Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Hitachi Air Conditioner
1.14/5

Hitachi Air Conditioner

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

129 Hitachi Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

I bought Hitachi 56000 split ac 20 days ago. The installation was very poor. After they installed they breaked the wing lock clip. Every time ac runs it sound tik tik because both wings intercept each other. I logged complain Hitachi guys comes, checks and they trying to fool us they say, "Kaam chal jaega," and all means we paid a huge money. Why should we compromised with the defect? I am really unsatisfied with the product and going to take a legal action against it.

Original review: May 20, 2019

My Hitachi AC stopped cooling within 12 months of its installation period. Called up the store from which I bought and they said to contact Hitachi customer care. On calling up the "24/7 Toll free number" of Hitachi, I got no response for 3 days and finally when talked about my problem, they said to cancel my complaint because "it was too sunny and the next day was election". They had included it then that they'll positively attend us on today. But they aren't picking up calls again. Mind you, my AC is still eligible for free servicing and I feel they're trying to run out the eligibility period. What am I supposed to do?

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I bought Hitachi 1.5 ton split AC in 2016 and since from that time facing problem of cooling and wrongly installed by their person, having gas leakage now. Finally I called private technician. He solve the 60 percent problem and said this is the worst company nowadays because nowadays Hitachi is manufacturing in India. Now the quality is very poor so never buy Hitachi AC and please sell it out. You will not get any solution and you simply wasting it, time and money.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I have raised multiple complaints on toll free number for my AC Service but no-one turns out. After several calls, a technician came and serviced.. it worked well for a week and again the same issue started. It's not getting COOL. Since then, it's more than a month now, we keep complaining to toll-free and also the service partner but no one cares it. Hitachi might be having a best product range but unless it has a good after sales service team it is useless. I started this follow up at the beginning of Summer and now in next 15-20 days even summer will be over... What is the use of having it? I have paid approximately 3000 for service but it lasted only for a week. I would suggest all to never ever buy this product as company don't care their existing customers. Every time you get a lame excuse for not attending the service call. I am seriously disheartened on this approach.

Original review: May 18, 2019

After logging a request for last 7 days to rectify their installation for my newly owned split ac the call was not attended yet. Every time I am calling the customer care I am getting the same answer that the technician was deputed & he will attend immediately while the fact is their technician is unavailable or not receiving the call. This is so much frustrating with Hitachi service as they are the most irresponsible about their service. Samiran **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Complaint lodged on 28 April, technician visited next day and said Display PCB has to be changed. It is most unfortunate that till today no one knows when the part will come and the AC will be rectified. Whenever I call customer care I get the reply that we have not received the part yet. Please bear with us. It is the biggest mistake of my life that I chose Hitachi. The Service centre has stopped picking up my phone. AC is under warranty.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The call was lodged on dated 8th May, 2019 and problem was not rectified even after seven days i.e. 15th May, 2019. The delay in attending the call is unavoidable and frustrating to me. During this period, while calling to local service center, every time same answer is provided that “surely, tomorrow our engineer will take your call” but no one reaches at the site. Very bad experience to me about the service provided by M/S Hitachi, my AC is under breakdown.

In context to above, after waiting for the long period of time, I have called tom Hitachi customer care on 13.05.2019 and explained the above said issue. Hitachi customer care executive has assured me that, "Your problem will be resolved today" and he has registered the complaint again (comp. no. **). I am very sorry to say that even though the intervention of the Hitachi customer care my complaint was not yet taken up.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Sub;- A.C. (Invoice No. ** Dated 09/05/18) as product is having manufacturing defects. Ref.:- Complaints dated 10/10/18, 08/12/18, 08/04/19. The said split AC unit suffers from the following defects:- (i) That right from beginning, after installation of said AC unit at my place, it incur the problem of cooling (which is the main function of AC). (ii) As per the technician sent by the HITACHI Company problem regarding cooling effects incur due to leakage of gas.

I have reported the complaint of the above matter to the showroom personally and on phone also several times, available details of complaint details is as follow:

(a) Dated 10/10/18 - Complaint regarding cooling effect call no **. Your technician visited my house and inform that due to leakage of gas, cooling was affected so he refill the gas.

(b) Dated 08/12/18 again I complaint regarding cooling effect vide call no. **. Again technician visited my house and inform that due to leakage of gas cooling was affected so he refill the gas. Then after as winter seasons started use of AC not needed until start March-19 when again seasons change and need of AC felt. We again start using the AC but to our utter surprise again the cooling problem occurs.

(c) As stated above again same problem encounter. I make a complaint dated 8/4/18 again, technician visited again, he inform me the reason i.e. leakage of gas was the reason for negative cooling effects. This time he suggest me to use the nitrogen gas. I said I am not the expert - you being the expert, and when basic problem is regarding leakage of gas certainly the change of type of gas will not going to solve the problem. According to view of technician problem may occurs due to manufacturing fault. So I tell him as the AC unit having manufacturing defects I co. must replace the faulty units so he say talk with you. No.-1 so I personally visited the showroom ((1) Parshwnath Enterprises, 4-Parshwadarshan Tower-A, Near Shrenikpark Cross Road, Akota, Vadodara – 390020) where I meet one named ** and appraise her with all problem. She ask me to write to co. and she also say if possible I will also recommend co. for replacement. She further say that they are bound to provide service only till expiry of warranty period only then after charges as applicable will apply. Since last I visited showroom no further action is taken to replace the faulty unit.

On account of aforesaid failure and neglect to replace the faulty unit I and my family suffers a lot in such a hot weather in spite of spending Rs 35,600/-.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have called at customer care helpline. They have logged complain and sent complain id on my mobile no. After two days one service provider came at home and told us that, "Your PCB is not working. We have replaced it and estimate we have informed you that evening and 3 to 4 days it's would done." But nothing done by them. I continuously follow up on 9th April. They have closed my that complain and calling at helpline. They have raised new complain and this time I have connected with Janardhan whom is senior manager in center. He also connected phone line with Renison who is senior technician at Ahmedabad division. After several discussion and assurance they have done nothing this today 13th May 2019.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Very poor service. I have purchased a Hitachi air conditioners. Last week water dripping. Noone is there to come for repair. Please don't buy Hitachi products. I have asked customers care but there is no response.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Hitachi service sucks. Delivered the damage indoor item and after 1 month follow up they replaced indoor unit. Now just after one month AC gas has been leaked and empty. After complain technician visited to refill the gas and left out saying they will come tomorrow. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY HITACHI AC. RESPOND AND RESOLVE MY ISSUE.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The problem with Hitachi is that it doesn't have its own service centre. It has outsourced its servicing to the local AC service centres, whose technicians know very well how to leave the problem as it is, instead of solving it. I am suffering with this servicing problem since the day the AC got installed in 2017 (by the way, they installed a faulty indoor unit).... Now the cooling coil is to be changed, for which that local service engineer left the AC open and disappeared. I can't reach him since the last 2 days. The customer care only registers a new complaint.

There is no way to lodge a complaint to Hitachi directly for such issues. The main problem is, when it comes to AC servicing or breakdown, you are not dealing with Hitachi, per se. You are dealing with some local service agency. That's why, there is no accountability on their part, nor in Hitachi's part to rectify the problem. I am seriously disappointed with the aftersale service of Hitachi. If anyone is opting for Hitachi, I would strongly suggest them to think of other options. It's a terrible experience.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I bought Hitachi Split AC in April 2019. When the Hitachi authorised technician came home for installation, he opened the packing and informed us that the packing does not contain product manual and warranty card. As suggested by him we contacted the dealer for the same, however the dealer suggested we contact the company. We called company official and till date we have received no response from them. The quality of installation was worse as there is water leakage which had already damaged our interiors. No technical advice was given by technician. We are chasing the service Center for water leakage also but they refuse to entertain us. It’s not even a week since our purchase and We regret having purchased Hitachi AC. It’s a company with no respect for customer and no customer service. They have only provided us mental headache in return for our money.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought Hitachi Inverter AC in May 2018. Since day 1 Sensor are faulty, sensor take command of the remote occasionally. Company repair the part but problem occur again and again but they never change the faulty part in very first year. Further they offer 3 service in first year of purchase but I never get any service and they close the request in the system without sending anyone. Recently I register a service request on 24th April and to my surprised technician comes on very same day and offer to clean air filter of inner unit. I refuse that my request was for wet service. I again call customer care, she assure me proper wet service. Now technician call me and ask for ladder, mug, balti, 20 Mtr. water pipe, Water pressure machine and ask to remove all my table, chair and computer from the office.

I again call to customer care and lady ask me that Hitachi only clean your air filter but not answer that why technician ask so much thing for only cleaning the air filter. Thereafter I get the call from technician using abusing language. I request all reading this, never ever think service from Hitachi or ready to get abusing language, harassment and mental torture.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I buy Hitachi spilt air conditioner. It’s compatle 6 months and remote is not working. I complain the agent and branch but they not answering. They not solve my problem. I call your agent and talk with him but they can’t talk with me.

Original review: April 29, 2019

The situation has gone to serious mode – where yesterday engg visited at my location for investigation of sound but didn’t got to experience any and report was filed accordingly as ok. I requested them to spend more time but they were reluctant to leave at earliest saying that there is no use to sit for whole day. Thereafter after 15 minutes, engg came again for verification but we had to deny them entry due to urgent visit to medically ill person. Now we are no more interested to waste our precious time to get machine verified or investigated for long hour. This is complete harassment from your side & from the day the machine was installed. Also since it is an intermittent problem, so cannot be investigated on immediate visit of 60 mins. The video shared with you gives enough proof for sound coming from AC intermittently.

Please take stronger action this time so that I am no more harassed by your brand & engg with regular visit which is continuing from the day this machine (AC) was installed at my premises but perfect solution still not achieved as per my satisfaction. Finally replace this machine or refund my amount on priority basis. Regards.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I would give a zero rating to this inverter AC. If you couldn't check for its functioning and durability before set to selling the product then how can you just released the product in such a big country like India. Can anyone sue on this huge irresponsibility of the company? Bought the product for 54000 but couldn't give at least 5 year warranty and complaints are not answered in time. I regret on buying Hitachi AC and the circuit board problems are highly expensive that a normal family thinks of getting it repaired on the 1st line.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My Name is Pawan **. Last year I bought your split AC but I am not satisfied with its cooling. I did many complaints but am not satisfied with it because your serviceman come my home and tell me, "Your room temperature high so Hitachi AC do not cooling well." I want to ask you if my room temperature is low then we have no need AC. We install AC if our room temperature is not low so I completely unsatisfied with your A.C. I want to change it neither I will Brock it and upload its Brock video on your website. Pawan ** ** registered mobile.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have purchased a 1.5 ton Split AC in 2016. I have registered several complaints regarding my AC but service centre peoples are trying to make some extra income from me. They always make fake promises and even they want to give services in name of Hitachi but unable to provide me the documents of the same. I have also registered a complaint regarding my phone number updating but since 3 years my single phone number has not been updated yet. Some Akshay is showing the owner of my AC. In 3 years customer care can't change my details which was done by the dealer from which I have purchased the AC. Seriously saying that this type of attitude seems to be a big hole on the Hitachi. In anticipation for a quick reply or a sooner resolution.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Hitachi service providers does not even bother to listen to client's complaint. Those employees who do the work of cleaning the ac's don't their work properly. 1st time last year they have done cleaning but after that ac was started not working properly and when we talked with them they didn't even bother about that. Now this year Hitachi people have come to clean the ac now. Again we are facing the same problem of cooling. This is really disappointing. Hitachi should maintain its reputation.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought 2 SPLIT 1.5 TR AC on 31/3/19 which were installed on 10 days back. One of the AC worked only for one night and stopped cooling the next day. After several calls and complaints at the customer care 2 people came on 9/4/19 and said that the coolant leaked. We checked the AC in front of them after they had repaired it, but it wasn't cooling at all and these guys were not ready to listen to us. After 30-40 min of persuasion they checked it again and filled some more coolant. Now again we are facing the same problem. AC was cooling on 9/4/19 and it stopped cooling on 10/4/19 and water is also leaking from it. Really fed up with the AC and the customer care people. I strongly recommend not to buy products from Hitachi as they send defective products in the first place and customer care people are too stubborn to help you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought Hitachi 1.2 Ton Split ac last year December '2018. It was working good till now but due to some technical issue my ac stopped working. I had filed a complaint on 27 March '19. But still issue is not been solved. Customer support team always fools by promising that, "Your ac parts will be available within two days," and now see it's 1st April '19 (almost 2 weeks). From 27th March it was only me who used to contact customer support, and they promised by saying after one days you will get a call and they never gave a call. How ridiculous! Still issue not solved. Make it happen that your customers would stay well satisfied with your service. My AC is still under warranty so I hope to get response from your side.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought Hitachi 1.2 Ton Split ac last year 5th May '2018. It was working good till now but due to some technical issue my ac stopped working. I had filed a complaint on 13th March '19. But still issue is not been solved. Customer support team always fools by promising that your ac parts will be available within two days and now see it's 1st April '19 (almost 3 weeks). From 13th March it was only me who used to contact customer support, and they promised by saying after two days you will get a call when your ac spare parts will be available and they never gave a call. How ridiculous! Still issue not solved. Make it happen that your customers would stay well satisfied with your service. My AC is still under warranty so I hope to get response from your side.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Window AC purchased on 18 March 2019 but compressor stops after 5 minutes though signal is there. Further Fan speed is going up automatically though the speed level is 1. Complaint lodged but no complaint number is received.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We buyed Hitachi inverter AC, in one year its fault occurred seven times, motherboard replaced. Now after one year again main motherboard fault, its cost around 10,000 Rs with one month warranty for new board, so I really frustrated. I sold the one year old AC to just 3000 Rs, its original cost 40,000 Rs. Even a 200 Rs bulb gets 2 years warranty, but 10000 Rs motherboard have only one month warranty and service person takes more than 20 days to identify the motherboard faulty, they are not professional. My advice: do not buy Hitachi inverter AC.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Poor follow up of service of AC. Spare part not available. Also complaint being closed stating that customer could not be contacted. Water tray was the part. Chennai is the location. Hitachi service needs to be enhanced thoroughly.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Please do not buy any Hitachi air conditioners. The service is poor as even after 20 days we await a technician to figure out what is the fault in the split AC. The product is just bought few months back and already 2 technician have visited. When contacted to customer service they said that the case was closed. I don't understand how come when I informed them that the product still not working. They believe their technicians more than the customers I guess. I have given a fresh complaint again so that a new person comes but the same team comes again and again. I guess they fool people. Please buy O-General or Carrier henceforth.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I find it good and best product. Sophisticated, one most comfort, easy to use, so affordable. I recommended you to buy this. Good enough. Best quality. You will like it. So best of product. I like it most.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We have 30 Nos Hitachi ACs installed in our premises and there are lots of problem in ACs. For repair and maintenance we did a service complaint online to Hitachi customer care. On this request Hitachi technician visited our site and inspected the problems. But after inspection there is no proper service provided to correct the Air Conditioners. Hitachi service partners are not timely replying. Such type of services are not expected from Hitachi. If any of the Hitachi customer care reading this reply kindly instruct to your technician in Betul (M.P.) to provide proper services to customers.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I purchase Hitachi Kampa Inverter AC from Hitachi HLI Home Solutions. It stops suddenly. So I raised a complaint. Nobody response to me even after the complaint. I just got message and I call the service fellow. He came and told me to order spares. I ordered it and even after one month not able to receive the spares. The worst things is that I daily call the service center toll free and they always answer me that Service Department will contact me soon. Until now, I am waiting for the service person to call me and gave me proper feedback. Also, I received A.C. which is having warranty period ended before 8 years. That is also strange. Also, today I came to know that Hitachi Kampa Inverter AC are very less in the market and that's why spares are not received. Is it feasible to provide the PCB repair from an Authorised Service Center?

Hitachi expert review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.

• Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.

• Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.

• Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.

• High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.

• Best for: those who need a split or window air conditioner, particularly in India and industrial or corporate clients interested in complete HVAC systems.

Profile picture of Shawn Bayless
Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Hitachi Air Conditioner Company Information