Hitachi Air Conditioner
  • 1 star
Based on 63 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hitachi Air Conditioner

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 16, 2017

67 Hitachi Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Hitachi is one of the worst company as far as consumer services are concerned. They do not care about the servicing of the product even if it is in servicing period. Once the service period gets over they will start calling you to renew it. They will take you in confidence by giving you X number of free services. Once renewed they will again show their true colour. Strong recommendation: Do never buy any Hitachi product.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Hitachi sells defective and fraudulent products. Not trustworthy. Purchased-: Hitachi split ac model 6000051544 hitachi waza3200i RSD318EAEA INV 1.5 T 3S. Date of purchase -: 17/06/2017 Shop-: EZONE BIGBAZAAR GIP MALL, NOIDA, SECTOR-18 First Complaint -: 17062207429 dated on 22nd June, 2017. Complain details-: PCB Board was faulty and replaced after fews after complaining. Second Complaint-: 17070902926 dated on 9th July, 2017. Complaint details-: SAME AS FIRST. PCB Board last time replaced is again proved faulty. Third Complaint-: Same as second. PCB board is again faulty. The nature of fault is consistent even after repairing. Please don't purchase Hitachi's products. It is not trustworthy. It has poor service. It harasses customers mentally and physically.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Brought the highest model of Hitachi AC in March 2017. The remote controller is not functioning since April 2017. We made several complaints through customer care, had heated talks with managers, written several emails but all in vain. The service department has turned a deaf ear towards the customers. Had it been a typical high tech complaint the delay could be understood. The company had to provide a simple remote controller which they are selling with every new AC. Every time we made a call we got the reply that the part is not available. If the part was not available how could they sell new AC. The part was always available for new customers but why provide the same to someone who has already paid. The company will not be able to sell a new AC if the remote is provided to an existing customer.

Original review: July 28, 2017

HITACHI AIR CONDITIONERS was once upon a time, a reliable product. Three years ago we purchased a 3HP reverse cycle. It has just blown up. We have paid for the fan to be replaced and still not working. The contractor told us that as from 3 years ago Hitachi moved its assembly line to China. The contractor said so many problems now as the Chinese are renown for cutting corners and leaving bits out or putting in a sub-standard part. He said if we want to get another air conditioner get a Daikin they are made in several countries, but get the one made in Japan. ;-( Wish we knew this before we spent $16000 HKD on this pile of rubbish.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I had purchased Hitachi Split AC with below details, Hitachi Split AC -1.5 Ton, 3 Star Model No. RA4317 KWD (with Kit). Sr. No. ID4 / OD4. From M/S Saraf Cooling Company limited (122/1/A-2, Sarojini Nagar Kanpur-208005) on dated 04.05.2017. Supplier (M/S Saraf Cooling) charged 1000 INR for AC installation fees which was inclusive in total bill amount 32000 INR. Supplier had sent unauthorized and untrained professionals for AC installation.

Total distance b/w indoor and outdoor unit is approx 9 inches. After 6 hour of installation time, they broken outdoor unit valves due to over tightening due to which gas gets leaked from AC unit. I purchased AC in month of peak summer during now after lot of phone complaints and reminder no action has been taken by the company till date which is very disappointing. Thereby I request the company to change the complete outdoor unit which is breakdown due to Negligence in installation of company personals for which I suffering.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: July 15, 2017

Regarding my purchase of air condition split Hitachi RAU514AWD 1.2LTRS and complaint number **. Their customer care is fraud and they had told to replace gas, later their own person said it’s a circuit error and needs to be replaced, I am surprised right after warranty period after 20 days, the AC had issue. There was a cooling issue from past three months but they don’t believe customers and has given an absorbent quotation for 3500/-. Locally this is getting repaired at 850/- Rs. Check with their customer care, they are so very rude to talk.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have contact on Hitachi customer care and complaint about some problem. 1 week after, 2 week no action. Again one month no action taken. I complaint on 18/5/2017 and today is 3 /7/2017 No technicians come. I have call 10 times and they are saying today technicians will come. I was irritated and asked them to "talk to your manager," he also said, "Sir today technicians will come." So immediate action must be taken your if company technicians not available then why they sell this product and this was the worst customer care of bad Hitachi company I have experience so you must take some immediate action. This is not my request, this is my order.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I bought Hitachi 1.5 T window air conditioner last month. Supposedly a premium product at premium price. But the fact is quite the contrary. I had a horrible experience. The air conditioner is not working right from the first day. After complaint the technician checked and intimated that the gas had leaked! This is the state on installation! I bought for immediate use at the peak of summer. Since I had to proceed abroad I requested them to attend to the complaint after my return. On return I lodged another complaint. No one turned up for two days. On checking I was told that the complaint had been closed as we didn't respond to their calls on mobile. A blatant lie as my phone was always on and in good signal coverage. I have again lodged complaint. No response yet.

Friends, Hitachi is one of the worst service provider. My advice is Never buy Hitachi. I will Never recommend anyone to buy this product as it is a complete waste of money and your time and peace of mind as well. If anyone from Hitachi management is reading this review, I ask you to take your damn air conditioner back and you don't even need to return my money as well. I intend taking other actions including going to court to teach you a lesson as my aim is now something else. Just clear my window so that I can install some other AC. Totally insensitive and unprofessional management. Even one-star rating is too high for them. Request anyone planning to buy Hitachi to think ten times before going ahead as it is only likely to give you mental trauma.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I bought Hitachi 1.5 Inverter kashikoi AC with 44000. I totally disappointed with product, it's stopped working after just 1.5 Month. Remote not working. They said PCB problem. They exchange PCB after 10 days. This Time AC is totally stop working. And they said us to 10 to 15 days have to wait for replacement of indoor. I totally Disappointed with this. Please someone has to take an action. Very very bad Product.

Original review: June 10, 2017

If someone thinking to buy Hitachi split ac, please choose another company because ac after 6 month not cooling properly and the service provider guys not given the satisfactory services. They are charging unnecessary cost of gas INR 3250/-. And also charging INR 600 /- for small rubber. I understand cost if the ac is working properly. After all I have bad experience with Hitachi split ac. So please requesting you don't go with the Hitachi. Just waste your money and valuable time. Worst... worst service. I am suggesting you have another company ac. Voltas split working is good and also cost is too much less than Hitachi. Service also very good. Using after two years there was no complaint with Voltas.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I bought a Hitachi Split 1.5 ton AC from Ezone. Problem started after I paid the money. Delivery took almost 3 months as Ezone first sent a wrong product and then mentioned that the bought product is coming from Hitachi factory in Gujarat. Post delivery, the person sent by Hitachi for installation had never done an installation earlier and was experimenting. It took the person 6 hrs and the installation was a complete failure. After multiple calls to their customer service, finally got the installation done in about 1 month time. Quality of technicians sent by Hitachi is below par and does not justify the premium pricing for the product. When I asked for a product demo, they sent someone who had probably never done a Hitachi AC demo earlier. Keep on asking for the manual.

Hitachi never sent anyone to service the machine. After multiple calls a technician arrived and mentioned that the coolant pressure is low and needs to be increased for which I had to pay Rs 1200. All this pain for buying a premium product and paying a super premium price. Never again will I buy a Hitachi product. Absolutely wrong priorities, mismatch between advertising and on the ground experience, inexperienced customer service and useless management.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I have 2 Ton Hitachi window AC and its Dc fan motor was bad. It took me more than a month to fix it. I registered a complaint on 18602584848 and after 12 follow ups and 5 days the technician arrived just to inspect. Then they took 12 days for the motor that too for ₹8590. I appeal new buyers not to go with HITACHI. Prefer cheaper ones instead. "NAAM BADE, DARSHAN CHOTE".

Original review: June 4, 2017

We have purchased new AC on 15.5.2017 but now it's not working. We have done complaint regarding the same. They have visited also but as per Hitachi engineer outdoor unit is faulty and they are saying it will take 3 to 4 days to resolve it. We have installed this AC in our office in customer care department where 11 people sitting is there. It's a total loss deal.

Original review: May 20, 2017

If anyone planning to buy AC please not buy Hitachi. Worst service provider and lots of problem in service as well as AC. I have purchased 3star Hitachi AC, lots of problem started. Within six months AC stop working. After 50 calls they responded then visit a technician but he is not able to resolve the same problem and not able to find a fault. Within 6 month ac gas has leaked. Hitachi is one of the worst service provider. Never buy Hitachi. Instead of this buy Blue Star.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We bought a Hitachi Split AC (1.5) I-clean which costed us almost 50,000 rupees. We decided to buy Hitachi thinking it to be the best among air conditioners. After installing it in my clinic, we started having problem within 6 months. There is no cooling even at 16 degree. Initially they replaced gas or whatever that is. After 2 months again the same situation... We have to call them at least 5 times for them to send their Technicians. Again refilled gas as they said it was leaking and they have fixed it. Again after a month the same condition. Now they say the area where the outdoor unit it placed is not correct and needs an open place. Hitachi people only had decided the place initially to keep the outdoor unit... Which now they are saying isn't good. Again for Re installation, "From one wall to another". We were charged Rs 4500. I will Never recommend anyone to buy this product which is a complete waste of money and later your time as well.

Original review: April 27, 2017

If anyone planning to buy AC please not buy Hitachi, worst service provider and lots of problem in service as well as AC. I have purchased 5 star Hitachi rau518hud AC, lots of problem started. Installation is not done properly, within one week AC stop working after 150 calls they responded and change PCB. Within 6 month has leaked I have to pay 3000 for that. Every time they visit charge rs 350 and send message no money is charge. Hitachi is one of the worst service provider. Never buy Hitachi instead of this buy Volta's.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I like to share my experience as I had purchased a window AC in 2015 and within a year cooling was not effective and they filled the gas and even there was no cooling. I made several calls to their customer care and after 15 days one person had come to see my AC although they send me a SMS that engineers will come and see the problem but the boy had come who was about 16 years old and when I asked the qualification he told me that he is only 9th standard pass and working with service centre last two years. So you people can imagine how they having team of engineers.

My story is very long and latest story is that I have also taken AMC and make complaint about cooling on 29/3/17. They also taken my AC to rectify my problem but till date neither my problem has been resolved nor returned my AC till date. I have made several comments to GM, VP and Manager but no one have replied my email and it's shows they are fictitious persons and their names are given on their website just like a dummy. FRAUD, CHEATERS, UNPROFESSIONALS.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I bought a 1.5 ton inverted a/c with around Rs 50,000 on middle of april which stopped working after 3 months in august in 2016. After my complain person from company come and see it and then told that a major inner portion is damaged. They told me that they will come within 10 days with new part. But when they don't come after 10 days I call back. They told the part had not come yet. I have to call them after that a minimum of 10 times. They never call back me regarding my problem. It takes 1 month for them to bring the new product and repair it. I am very much unhappy with this type of service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My 1.2T Split AC suddenly stopped working. I lodged complaint on 17/08/16. Even though the company is supposed to attend to a complaint within 48 hours, some technician attended it after 5 days i.e. on 22-08-16 just to inspect the AC and not rectifying the fault. He diagnosed that the PCB is out of order and took Rs. 500/- from me just for inspection. He promised to rectify it with a new PCB in one week.

But to my surprise someone again attended on 31-08-16 with a new PCB but a different one which does not fit to my AC. He again went back and promised my AC will be set right in next two days. Till today i.e 21-09-16 after more than one month despite repeated follow up with their customer care/service manager none bothered to rectify the problem. I am compelled to mentioned that I made a blunder by buying a HITACHI AC with high cost. I have never seen a second nut like HITACHI. Certainly I am going to tell my friends/relatives/kith & kins/people whom I know not to buy a HITACHI AC. It is the worst in the market. Just waste of time/money/energy.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I have 1.5 ton window ac. On 10th of September there was a flash in the pcb. As my machine is under amc, I have contacted helpline no. and lodge a complaint. A technician have arrived on 13.09.16 and told that it is all fine. At that time when he was examining there was still flash occurred. He suggested that we better complain when it will break down. Today 16.09.2014 there was a flash at the time of starting and the pcb was burnt out. Hitachi service is worst. I know from my previous experience if they took pcb, then they will not fix it within 15 days. What should I do now?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I Purchased Split 1.5 tons AC in March 2013. Within couple of months there was gas leakage. Which was resolved. After one year I applied for AMC. The service was not good but now it has become worse. Every time the service requested is resolved after 10 days and not 48 hours as promised by company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I bought Hitachi 1.5 tonne latest window AC (**) on 24 Sept 2016. It comes with broken remote and deform wings. Complained numerous times. These Hitachi people care a **. Then comes the AC sound problem. They just want to replace every part and try to make it an assemble unit instead replace it and the engineers are real rude and impertinent. Nobody heed a hoot to it. My daughter has rashes because of sleeping in humid conditions... I got lot of mental harassments... please don't ever buy these Hitachi brand products as dealer is now saying these problems are quite frequent in their products and they are really insensitive towards consumers. I have made my mind to sue them and take them to media, social media and consumer forums.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I thought Hitachi is a big brand & good AC, so I bought Hitachi AC on higher price compare to other brand on 8 Aug 16. It's not worked after first installation even a second. Hitachi Service Center's Technician's behavior is so rude. He told that PCB Display is not working & need to be change in 2-3 days, but it's changed in 10 days after so many calls & follow ups. After changing the display even then Hitachi AC not started. Technician told that now motor will be change. 5 days gone, I am still begging to replace it but there is not proper response. My family is living in HOT. Hitachi AC means wastage of money. Still my AC not started. Please help me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I bought a 1.5 ton split AC this summer. The specific model requires that the filter be cleaned every 15 days - something that their dealer Vijay Sales never told me. Never knew there was an AC that requires that frequent cleaning of filter. First breakdown experience because filter cleaning crossed the period. Now a second breakdown has happened within 4 months - 7 days already, a part has to be fixed but the engineer has not turned up after the first review. Have written to their customer care, called them, tweeted to them, wrote to their MD - nothing works. In contrast I have 2 Mitsubishi split ACs that have performed faultlessly for the past 2 years. My next move will be to pack the AC and send it to their MD for putting at his own house.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I have purchase Hitachi window AC 1.5 ton which is not working for last one week. We have lodged the complaint on tuesday 18th July 2016. The engineer visited on Thursday 20th July and diagnose that the power PCB not working. They commit to visit the very next day as they were not having the power PCB with them. Since then we are chasing them for update but not getting any satisfactory reply. Every morning they confirm the availability of the part but by evening they refuse and assure for the next day. We are facing lot of problem as it is really hot in delhi and very difficult for kids to stay without AC. Hitachi is a renowned name in the market and this kind of negligence and poor service quality is not expected from such a big brand like HITACHI. They are only concentrating on their sales targets and not giving customer satisfactory services.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I am really fed up with Hitachi AC. I brought up an AC on June 5th and 'til now AC has not worked on a single night. Cooling is problem with AC. Who came to fit this AC was so rude. From day one AC is making noise. I did complain for the same then after 3-4 days someone came and fixed the issue. Then on the same night there was a noise from AC. I submitted a complaint on 28th of June and 'til now the issue is there and I am not using the AC. Would I be using the AC in winters? If there is any way that I can return it and get my money back I would be happy. Please advice if anyone is there to help us.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I purchased A/C on 14th April, I got water leaking problem with A/C on 21st April. I raised a ticket but they didn't respond for the first and second call. On third call they responded but the technician did awesome work. I have to award because he fixed one small problem and raised GAS leaking problem. Again I called to customer service and said this is what happened. They said "Sorry for the inconvenience with our team. We will raise complaint and send you Senior Technician within 48 hours."

48 hours gone. I raised one more ticket. 72 hours gone and they have given some numbers and said "please contact the given number to solve your problem." Immediately I said "can you please wait I will check the number" and noted the numbers and called to those 4 numbers immediately using other mobile. 1 number belongs to Vijayawada, 2 numbers out of order and last 1 number invalid. This is shame of you Hitachi Services. Don't you maintain valid numbers!!! I was really fed up. At finally I called outside person then he said the last service was not done properly. "Gas was leaked. Please fill the gas and use it." Again I called to C. Service and asked. They said "you are under warranty period. We will send technician along with gas." On the next day I shifted my goods to Hometown. Hitachi Services you can verify my raised tickets with the registered mobile number: **.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I purchased a Hitachi Split AC from Hitachi dealer Manoranjan from Kota (Rajasthan) last year. Within one month of its purchase AC stopped working. On contacting the dealer who happens also to be service center for Hitachi he didn't respond. After repeatedly telling him he turned up and told that its gas has leaked. It was very amazing that only after 3 weeks of purchase its gas leaked. Anyway he corrected the mistake but again after a month same problem came up and he didn't send anybody to repair it although AC was in warranty period. At last I got it repaired from outside and paid 2000 Rupees.

This year again gas leaked and he didn't send anyone and I had to again get it repaired from outside. Now the compressor of AC has stopped working. Compressor has warranty period of 5 years. Again Manoranjan of Kota is not getting it replaced or getting it repaired. It's very amazing that Hitachi company is continuing with such a dealer who is bringing a bad name for the co. Either Hitachi should immediately withdraw its dealership from Manoranjan or must tell it strictly to improve its services.

Original review: May 30, 2016

I have purchased Hitachi Air Conditioner 2 years back. In April 2016, I placed 4 requests one after another for my AC breakdown service and there is no response till now. I have spent this year entire summer without AC. Every time I call Hitachi customer service, the call center guy would apologize for the delay and registers a fresh complaint but to no avail. I have purchased Hitachi Air Conditioner assuming their brand is good, but after seeing their service, which is the worst I have decided to not purchase any goods from Hitachi. Worst service. Think twice before you purchase any of Hitachi Products

Original review: May 14, 2016

When one buys a product from a known brand he is a bit relaxed thinking that he would get a good product and a fair service. Hitachi customer service is the worst service I have experienced. The kind of people that comes to your place for installation, the way they do their work not up to the standards of Hitachi. Hire some quality people or at least train your people to behave to maintain your companies, and stop making fake promises to your customer regarding maintenance service contract. My suggestion buy AC from any other brand but Hitachi.

Hitachi expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.

• Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.

• Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.

• Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.

• High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.

• Best for: those who need a split or window air conditioner, particularly in India and industrial or corporate clients interested in complete HVAC systems.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs