Hitachi Air Conditioner

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems

Research top Heating & Cooling Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Hitachi Split 1.5 ton AC from Ezone. Problem started after I paid the money. Delivery took almost 3 months as Ezone first sent a wrong product and then mentioned that the bought product is coming from Hitachi factory in Gujarat. Post delivery, the person sent by Hitachi for installation had never done an installation earlier and was experimenting. It took the person 6 hrs and the installation was a complete failure. After multiple calls to their customer service, finally got the installation done in about 1 month time. Quality of technicians sent by Hitachi is below par and does not justify the premium pricing for the product. When I asked for a product demo, they sent someone who had probably never done a Hitachi AC demo earlier. Keep on asking for the manual.

Hitachi never sent anyone to service the machine. After multiple calls a technician arrived and mentioned that the coolant pressure is low and needs to be increased for which I had to pay Rs 1200. All this pain for buying a premium product and paying a super premium price. Never again will I buy a Hitachi product. Absolutely wrong priorities, mismatch between advertising and on the ground experience, inexperienced customer service and useless management.

I have 2 Ton Hitachi window AC and its Dc fan motor was bad. It took me more than a month to fix it. I registered a complaint on 18602584848 and after 12 follow ups and 5 days the technician arrived just to inspect. Then they took 12 days for the motor that too for ₹8590. I appeal new buyers not to go with HITACHI. Prefer cheaper ones instead. "NAAM BADE, DARSHAN CHOTE".

We have purchased new AC on 15.5.2017 but now it's not working. We have done complaint regarding the same. They have visited also but as per Hitachi engineer outdoor unit is faulty and they are saying it will take 3 to 4 days to resolve it. We have installed this AC in our office in customer care department where 11 people sitting is there. It's a total loss deal.

If anyone planning to buy AC please not buy Hitachi. Worst service provider and lots of problem in service as well as AC. I have purchased 3star Hitachi AC, lots of problem started. Within six months AC stop working. After 50 calls they responded then visit a technician but he is not able to resolve the same problem and not able to find a fault. Within 6 month ac gas has leaked. Hitachi is one of the worst service provider. Never buy Hitachi. Instead of this buy Blue Star.

We bought a Hitachi Split AC (1.5) I-clean which costed us almost 50,000 rupees. We decided to buy Hitachi thinking it to be the best among air conditioners. After installing it in my clinic, we started having problem within 6 months. There is no cooling even at 16 degree. Initially they replaced gas or whatever that is. After 2 months again the same situation... We have to call them at least 5 times for them to send their Technicians. Again refilled gas as they said it was leaking and they have fixed it. Again after a month the same condition. Now they say the area where the outdoor unit it placed is not correct and needs an open place. Hitachi people only had decided the place initially to keep the outdoor unit... Which now they are saying isn't good. Again for Re installation, "From one wall to another". We were charged Rs 4500. I will Never recommend anyone to buy this product which is a complete waste of money and later your time as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

If anyone planning to buy AC please not buy Hitachi, worst service provider and lots of problem in service as well as AC. I have purchased 5 star Hitachi rau518hud AC, lots of problem started. Installation is not done properly, within one week AC stop working after 150 calls they responded and change PCB. Within 6 month has leaked I have to pay 3000 for that. Every time they visit charge rs 350 and send message no money is charge. Hitachi is one of the worst service provider. Never buy Hitachi instead of this buy Volta's.

I like to share my experience as I had purchased a window AC in 2015 and within a year cooling was not effective and they filled the gas and even there was no cooling. I made several calls to their customer care and after 15 days one person had come to see my AC although they send me a SMS that engineers will come and see the problem but the boy had come who was about 16 years old and when I asked the qualification he told me that he is only 9th standard pass and working with service centre last two years. So you people can imagine how they having team of engineers.

My story is very long and latest story is that I have also taken AMC and make complaint about cooling on 29/3/17. They also taken my AC to rectify my problem but till date neither my problem has been resolved nor returned my AC till date. I have made several comments to GM, VP and Manager but no one have replied my email and it's shows they are fictitious persons and their names are given on their website just like a dummy. FRAUD, CHEATERS, UNPROFESSIONALS.

I bought a 1.5 ton inverted a/c with around Rs 50,000 on middle of april which stopped working after 3 months in august in 2016. After my complain person from company come and see it and then told that a major inner portion is damaged. They told me that they will come within 10 days with new part. But when they don't come after 10 days I call back. They told the part had not come yet. I have to call them after that a minimum of 10 times. They never call back me regarding my problem. It takes 1 month for them to bring the new product and repair it. I am very much unhappy with this type of service.

My 1.2T Split AC suddenly stopped working. I lodged complaint on 17/08/16. Even though the company is supposed to attend to a complaint within 48 hours, some technician attended it after 5 days i.e. on 22-08-16 just to inspect the AC and not rectifying the fault. He diagnosed that the PCB is out of order and took Rs. 500/- from me just for inspection. He promised to rectify it with a new PCB in one week.

But to my surprise someone again attended on 31-08-16 with a new PCB but a different one which does not fit to my AC. He again went back and promised my AC will be set right in next two days. Till today i.e 21-09-16 after more than one month despite repeated follow up with their customer care/service manager none bothered to rectify the problem. I am compelled to mentioned that I made a blunder by buying a HITACHI AC with high cost. I have never seen a second nut like HITACHI. Certainly I am going to tell my friends/relatives/kith & kins/people whom I know not to buy a HITACHI AC. It is the worst in the market. Just waste of time/money/energy.

I have 1.5 ton window ac. On 10th of September there was a flash in the pcb. As my machine is under amc, I have contacted helpline no. and lodge a complaint. A technician have arrived on 13.09.16 and told that it is all fine. At that time when he was examining there was still flash occurred. He suggested that we better complain when it will break down. Today 16.09.2014 there was a flash at the time of starting and the pcb was burnt out. Hitachi service is worst. I know from my previous experience if they took pcb, then they will not fix it within 15 days. What should I do now?

I Purchased Split 1.5 tons AC in March 2013. Within couple of months there was gas leakage. Which was resolved. After one year I applied for AMC. The service was not good but now it has become worse. Every time the service requested is resolved after 10 days and not 48 hours as promised by company.

I bought Hitachi 1.5 tonne latest window AC (**) on 24 Sept 2016. It comes with broken remote and deform wings. Complained numerous times. These Hitachi people care a **. Then comes the AC sound problem. They just want to replace every part and try to make it an assemble unit instead replace it and the engineers are real rude and impertinent. Nobody heed a hoot to it. My daughter has rashes because of sleeping in humid conditions... I got lot of mental harassments... please don't ever buy these Hitachi brand products as dealer is now saying these problems are quite frequent in their products and they are really insensitive towards consumers. I have made my mind to sue them and take them to media, social media and consumer forums.

I thought Hitachi is a big brand & good AC, so I bought Hitachi AC on higher price compare to other brand on 8 Aug 16. It's not worked after first installation even a second. Hitachi Service Center's Technician's behavior is so rude. He told that PCB Display is not working & need to be change in 2-3 days, but it's changed in 10 days after so many calls & follow ups. After changing the display even then Hitachi AC not started. Technician told that now motor will be change. 5 days gone, I am still begging to replace it but there is not proper response. My family is living in HOT. Hitachi AC means wastage of money. Still my AC not started. Please help me.

I bought a 1.5 ton split AC this summer. The specific model requires that the filter be cleaned every 15 days - something that their dealer Vijay Sales never told me. Never knew there was an AC that requires that frequent cleaning of filter. First breakdown experience because filter cleaning crossed the period. Now a second breakdown has happened within 4 months - 7 days already, a part has to be fixed but the engineer has not turned up after the first review. Have written to their customer care, called them, tweeted to them, wrote to their MD - nothing works. In contrast I have 2 Mitsubishi split ACs that have performed faultlessly for the past 2 years. My next move will be to pack the AC and send it to their MD for putting at his own house.

I have purchase Hitachi window AC 1.5 ton which is not working for last one week. We have lodged the complaint on tuesday 18th July 2016. The engineer visited on Thursday 20th July and diagnose that the power PCB not working. They commit to visit the very next day as they were not having the power PCB with them. Since then we are chasing them for update but not getting any satisfactory reply. Every morning they confirm the availability of the part but by evening they refuse and assure for the next day. We are facing lot of problem as it is really hot in delhi and very difficult for kids to stay without AC. Hitachi is a renowned name in the market and this kind of negligence and poor service quality is not expected from such a big brand like HITACHI. They are only concentrating on their sales targets and not giving customer satisfactory services.

I am really fed up with Hitachi AC. I brought up an AC on June 5th and 'til now AC has not worked on a single night. Cooling is problem with AC. Who came to fit this AC was so rude. From day one AC is making noise. I did complain for the same then after 3-4 days someone came and fixed the issue. Then on the same night there was a noise from AC. I submitted a complaint on 28th of June and 'til now the issue is there and I am not using the AC. Would I be using the AC in winters? If there is any way that I can return it and get my money back I would be happy. Please advice if anyone is there to help us.

I purchased A/C on 14th April, I got water leaking problem with A/C on 21st April. I raised a ticket but they didn't respond for the first and second call. On third call they responded but the technician did awesome work. I have to award because he fixed one small problem and raised GAS leaking problem. Again I called to customer service and said this is what happened. They said "Sorry for the inconvenience with our team. We will raise complaint and send you Senior Technician within 48 hours."

48 hours gone. I raised one more ticket. 72 hours gone and they have given some numbers and said "please contact the given number to solve your problem." Immediately I said "can you please wait I will check the number" and noted the numbers and called to those 4 numbers immediately using other mobile. 1 number belongs to Vijayawada, 2 numbers out of order and last 1 number invalid. This is shame of you Hitachi Services. Don't you maintain valid numbers!!! I was really fed up. At finally I called outside person then he said the last service was not done properly. "Gas was leaked. Please fill the gas and use it." Again I called to C. Service and asked. They said "you are under warranty period. We will send technician along with gas." On the next day I shifted my goods to Hometown. Hitachi Services you can verify my raised tickets with the registered mobile number: **.

I purchased a Hitachi Split AC from Hitachi dealer Manoranjan from Kota (Rajasthan) last year. Within one month of its purchase AC stopped working. On contacting the dealer who happens also to be service center for Hitachi he didn't respond. After repeatedly telling him he turned up and told that its gas has leaked. It was very amazing that only after 3 weeks of purchase its gas leaked. Anyway he corrected the mistake but again after a month same problem came up and he didn't send anybody to repair it although AC was in warranty period. At last I got it repaired from outside and paid 2000 Rupees.

This year again gas leaked and he didn't send anyone and I had to again get it repaired from outside. Now the compressor of AC has stopped working. Compressor has warranty period of 5 years. Again Manoranjan of Kota is not getting it replaced or getting it repaired. It's very amazing that Hitachi company is continuing with such a dealer who is bringing a bad name for the co. Either Hitachi should immediately withdraw its dealership from Manoranjan or must tell it strictly to improve its services.

I have purchased Hitachi Air Conditioner 2 years back. In April 2016, I placed 4 requests one after another for my AC breakdown service and there is no response till now. I have spent this year entire summer without AC. Every time I call Hitachi customer service, the call center guy would apologize for the delay and registers a fresh complaint but to no avail. I have purchased Hitachi Air Conditioner assuming their brand is good, but after seeing their service, which is the worst I have decided to not purchase any goods from Hitachi. Worst service. Think twice before you purchase any of Hitachi Products

When one buys a product from a known brand he is a bit relaxed thinking that he would get a good product and a fair service. Hitachi customer service is the worst service I have experienced. The kind of people that comes to your place for installation, the way they do their work not up to the standards of Hitachi. Hire some quality people or at least train your people to behave to maintain your companies, and stop making fake promises to your customer regarding maintenance service contract. My suggestion buy AC from any other brand but Hitachi.

I have bought Hitachi RAU518HUD 1.5 ton 5 star split AC from Richa Electronics, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur on 7/6/2016. After doing lot of phone calls finally technician has installed AC at night around 12 midnight but I was shocked to know after that AC was not working at all and technician told me that its Power PCB and blower is faulty. So he had told me that now company guy will come and fix it.

But I am so much disappointed that companies like Hitachi are so much irresponsible that they have sold a faulty AC and now nobody is picking up phone calls. But the most awful situation was that technician was asking about warranty and pathetic shopkeeper (Richa Electronics, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur) is not replacing the AC and telling that now it's company responsibility. It was the worst experience, even shopkeeper is telling me to do whatever you can do he is not going to replace it and neither he will refund it. It's like if he is goon or something.

Here is Hitachi disgraceful performance of providing customer service. Initial Complaint # **. Logged: 16-April, attended: 22-April-2016. Initial diagnosis suggested: Service. Request for availability: 25-April-2016 as I believed the issue is not with Service. No visit till 29-April-2016. Follow up done with Customer Service after request was closed. Asked for status, nothing available with customer service (spoke to Ms **). What a fantastic way of closing request without knowing the action taken or without checking with customer.

Second Complaint: ** , due to no response. Logged: 30-April-2016. Again followed up with customer service and spoke to Ms ** for checking status (past 48 hours, when there is no response). To my surprise, she opened a new complaint # ** (Third request for same problem). I was asked to follow up with service center (what more can be bad than to notify customer, you go and handle the ** yourself). Visit completed by Technician again and he could now see the problem. Advised to replace capacitor which was done. The unit could not operate again more than 2 hours. Again called the service center very same day, they advised to arrange a senior technician. No one showed up, followed up again myself with service center.

Called service center on the same number (was informed that they will revert within next hour). Waited for 2 hours, called again customer service (spoke to Mr **). Now watch, what a wonderful way of tracking the problem (no one has any clue of the real problem start date). A new complaint request was opened # **. In between "connect to management" reached out to manager, no change in behavior. Reached out to next level, no response till now.

I bought an expensive AC of Hitachi. I thought that Hitachi is one of the leading manufacturers of AC, so I preferred an expensive Hitachi AC to ACs of other brands which were quite cheaper. But now I'm regretting. I have realized that Hitachi customer service is the worst. They are not at all supportive and trouble the customers during after sales service. Product quality is good though, but not very great and I don't understand why Hitachi products are so expensive. There is no point of buying Hitachi. I should have gone for O General, Carrier or Daikin. I would never recommend Hitachi to anyone.

Poor quality of maintenance service. I have read the number of complaints about the same subject. It would seem that Hitachi management does not care. This is further confirmed by the fact that I have registered online for maintenance but am yet to hear from Hitachi after a week. Even follow up has not helped.

I have purchased a Hitachi A/C in the year 2015 and it's been almost 10 months from the date of purchase. Till I have booked two times for service and not even single time service was not performed. Now the A/C got break down and not working at all. I have again registered in Hitachi Johnson site but till now, it's been 3 days I have registered complaint... No one reached out to us. Really frustrating and irritating. Cost is premium but service is not at all worth of a penny. Not sure what to do next. If it continues for next two, I will submit a case against them in customer court with the registration number which I have on handy for their worst performance.

I had taken preventive service contract from M/s. Hitachi for servicing of my 1.2 ton Hitachi AC. The contract period was from 7.4.2015 to 6.4.2016. I was given complaint No.** dated 1.4.2016. In other words, the complaint was lodged very much within the contract period. I was repeatedly given verbal assurances on telephone that since the complaint has been lodged within the contract period, the complaint will be attended and covered in the AMC. I have tried my best and have raised the issue up to the management level. The complaint has not been attended to. This has happened for the first time since purchase of AC. I have been taking AMC year after year for my product. This type of service is not expected from a company of the repute of HITACHI.

Hitachi 1.5 ton a/c runs out of gas under 1 month. Hope the management is reading this. Are your installation guys not trained enough to do the proper installation at the 1st go. There is also no response when calls were made on the service center number provide by the customer care. Sad. Since I've already ignored previous warnings from the existing reviews I know what's in store. Please AVOID buying it.

Purchased a 1.5 ton Hitachi split unit from New Berco electronics main Najafgarh Road Uttam Nagar on 1 Jun 2014. It broke down within a week. Has been repaired several times. Now they say indoor unit is scrap and must be replaced on my cost. I paid 42000 for a unit which did not work. Their service rep. charges 500 rupees for a visit which does not yield any result. I hereby appeal to all not to buy from Berco and do NOT buy Hitachi a/c. It's really scrap.

I have purchased one HITACHI 1.5 5 Star SPLIT AC SAC LC LRAC518KUDB from Venus Appliances, 63 Ganesh Ch. Avenue, KOL-13 date 700013. They have installed the machine after 7 days from the date of purchase. From the day one, AC was not working and within 5 months, their mechanic came 4 times to repair. But now the machine is out of order as usual. I already complain to Hitachi company. My complain no is ** but the company told me that they are not responsible to check the item because I installed it from third party. But this is not my fault. How can I know? This is your company and dealer problem? Why I am suffering?

So please check the matter.

I have made a complain for my 1.2 Ton Split A.C. & my complain no. is ** for machine not working on 04/10/15 & I have been assured that the service center will attend me within 48 Hrs. But 4 days have passed & I have made several reminding calls at their helpline but all in vain. Since I am a cardiac patient of 75 years & have trusted a brand like Hitachi, but it became a nightmare that they are best in "after sales service". My A.C. is in warranty as I have purchased it in 02/2015, but still I am suffering too much for their irresponsible behavior. This irresponsible behavior of their service centers is normal character as I am facing this type of problem from last few months.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1910, Hitachi is a Japanese technological innovator specializing in information, telecommunications, electronic systems and more. Among its many product offerings, it has a Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit that manufactures high-tech air conditioning units that are available in some countries, primarily India. It also manufacturers HVAC systems for large industrial corporations.

• World-renowned company: Hitachi has made a reputation as a worldwide leader in technological innovation, ranging from semiconductor processing equipment to medical electronics and power tools. Its Smart Life & Ecofriendly Systems unit, responsible for air conditioners, benefits from its many technological advances in efficiency, sleek design and system performance.
  • Air conditioning options: Those who do not have a complete central air system will appreciate the many offerings available from Hitachi. You can choose from inverter split air conditioners, fixed speed split air conditioners or window units depending on your needs.
  • Size and output: Hitachi’s inverter air conditioners for wall use and split air conditioners for window use come in several sizes and capacities. Choose from 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 tonnage capacity, several dimensions and multiple design aesthetics.
  • Smart technology: Hitachi air conditioners feature a variety of proprietary technological settings and modes, such as Cool Mode, which sets the room to the optimal cooling setting for outdoor temperatures of 22-46 degrees Celsius; Dry Mode, which reduces humidity in the air; Fan Mode, which circulates air while using less energy; Kaimin Mode, which cools the air without producing a chill, thus conserving energy and DigiLock, which allows you to control access to the unit with a password.
  • High profile clientele: Hitachi’s commercial and industrial services have put them on the map and they are responsible for air conditioning in high-profile corporate offices like Siemens and BCCI; auto showrooms for Audi and BMW; McDonald’s and Pizza Hut restaurants and more.
  • Best for those who need a split or window air conditioner, particularly in India and industrial or corporate clients interested in complete HVAC systems.

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems