2.75/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

32 Gravely Riding Mowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I bought a Gravely ZT HD52 in 2015 from Hogarth's Lawn Mower Services in Brunswick, Ga. for $5,200. I have replaced more parts, electrical components and yesterday the back wheel fell off. Should have bought a Kubota.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Convinced by all the hype on how great these mowers are and that they never break down, I made a $5200 mistake. My mower is less than a year old and still under warranty. It is constantly in the shop for the same issues over and over. Apparently there is a battery charging issue that ruins the battery and and the battery has to continually be replaced. The mower might die at any time and not restart, so there is the fear of getting it too far from the house. It is supposed to be under warranty, however I have to always pay a big bill to get it out of the shop because they claim it isn’t warranty work. The only solution I can see to owning this mower is to buy another mower (not this brand again ever) so I can mow while it is in the shop for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. I could have purchased 2 zero turn mowers for this price and had one of them running all the time. This is a terrible product and way overpriced. I don’t recommend purchasing one.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

After having this zero turn heavy duty for five years, all of the bearings are out in all of the spindles. This mower has only been used to mow our yard. After contacting the manufacturer, I was told this is my problem not theirs. I will not recommend this product to anyone. I also purchased one for my daughter which I now regret.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Three of four tabs holding the hydrostatic transmissions snapped off the frame. Dealer said this was not the first he had seen it, and labor to disassemble and repair would be better go into a new mower. Despite marketing, this Gravely is not commercial grade (it was used 2 times per week).

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Owned it for 3 years now and since day one in repair and every time it goes to service 3 to 4 weeks. I do cry every time I look at this zero turn because for $3600 + tax and finance $4200 for piece of junk that nothing good about it. Every time I think about mowing with it falls apart. Not even that, if you miss one week of mowing my lawn terrible cut. I do sharpen blades. It just that 24hp engine not putting the power in the blades. About 20 repair tickets and I am still paying for this junk Gravely. Warranty run out. Afraid to use it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gravely Riding Mowers?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Local Bonham Tex dealer took a year old perfect zero turn for service and brought it back with 6 issues, like a broken gas gauge... And then said nothing happened. It won't zero turn. They won't fix gas gauge. Mower deck uneven. His brother dropped it off a trailer... And you can't get a hold of the company... JUNK. Do not buy overpriced!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

It has been junk, Only worked half year then problems just treadmill for garage. Neighbor got a deer same time his still works mine has sit for 2 years. Junk stay away. Do yourself right just get a deer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Lane's Hardware in Williston, Florida did not honor the appointment made and did not help me make another one. I took vacation to go to the farm specifically to have this done and I could not. They did not even try to remedy the situation. It was totally their fault. Now my warranty will not be extended for a year if I do not get this done. I have to now take this back with me 5 hours away from the farm and get it serviced to be able to maintain that warranty. Businesses need to make a wrong situation right. I have a business and if my employees made a mistake I would correct it immediately.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I purchased a Gravely mower (ZT 42) 4 years ago from Lanky’s in Dunn NC for $2800.00. I mow 3 acres a week with it and have only had one problem with the throttle. Had throttle and choke replaced with the new design throttle, old type was not very good. Love the way it handles and cuts even all the time, still using the same battery and it cranks up on first try. I will purchase another Gravely O turn when needed, I have recommended Gravely to others and after four years I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I purchased a ZT42 w/ Mulch Kit & Rear Bagger on 4/3/2015 from Clarks Lawn & Garden in Greensboro, NC for approx. $3900. I was original satisfied until I started having control issues with right hand control, my supplier repaired it under warranty by replacing the control cylinder. Shortly after that the throttle control assy. broke, again my supplier provided new throttle assy. & cables which I installed. Two weeks ago the throttle mechanism failed again, broken cable & plastic assy., my supplier ordered replacement parts but discovered that the parts were back ordered. I am a relatively good mechanical background so parts on backorder mean you are having problems with this product. I really think the throttle assy. is a Mickey Mouse design flaw, why not have separate levers for the choke & throttle function. Sorry, I should have purchased the Husqvarna.

Gravely Riding Mowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Gravely started in 1916 when Benjamin Franklin Gravely patented a motor plow. The company focuses on heavy-duty mowers for commercial uses and homeowners who spend a significant amount of time on their lawn maintenance.

• Stand-on mowers: Gravely has a less common riding mower type designed for standing instead of sitting. Landscapers get better obstacle visibility and additional maneuverability compared to sit down models. Stand-on mowers are typically used in lawns with many obstacles.

• Commercial: Most mower options focus on heavy residential or commercial usage.

• Price conscious: These mowers provide significant quality for an affordable price.

• Designed for all-day operation: The riding mowers have several comfort-centric features, such as an adjustable seat with a thick, high back design.

• Higher speeds: Powerful engines haul the riding mowers along at high speed.

• Best for: Residential and commercial landscapers doing speedy maintenance.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs