Gravely Riding Mowers

Compare Riding Mowers

Research top Riding Mowers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I think it was a fair value and it works better than expected. I have never had any problems operating it and it gets the job done. I use it weekly and it runs just as good as the day I purchased it. I would definitely recommend this mower to anyone looking for a mower that runs smoothly and is looking for a good price. I think it was pretty average as far as safety features. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other riding mowers. I have never had an issue with safety while using my mower. It runs very well and gets the job done quickly. The speed seems to be the same as any other riding more. It has multiple speeds so you can choose which speed you want. It is very durable. I have been using mine weekly and it has never had a problem. I have not had to replace any parts and it runs as good as the day I got it.

It was okay to use. Sometimes it ran rough, customer service was just okay. I would recommend but with hesitation. There are other brands out there better. It was safe and sound. I didn't feel any threat to it being in my way or if it would cause harm or property damage. There are certainly other things that could have factored into it being made more stable.

This thing was great with the current speeds and control. Never lost control and sometimes felt a bit out of control. It kept consistent speeds and didn't rev or vibrate when going full on. Stable, tough. But I did have to replace parts a few times sooner than expected. Nothing major but still an annoyance when you expect to not have to touch it much to begin with.

We found the price to be very reasonable. Mower was very nice and of good quality. Associate was very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. This mower contains the normal amount of safety features, but nothing that goes above and beyond the standard that one would expect to find in a regular riding lawn mower. This riding mower has the ability to go at a pretty speedy pace (not sure of exact mph) and has a very moderate regular pace for when you are actually cutting grass. So far so good. We haven't had this mower very long but so far we have had no problems out of it whatsoever, and don't anticipate many as it seems pretty sturdy and built to last.

You get what you pay for with this. They are a little more expensive but you get what you pay for. But it a lot better. The performance is awesome. The great thing about buying a quality product from an established company is that safety is built into their every move. I have never had an issue. It's pretty fast I find myself. Playing sometimes instead... lol. The speed is what I expected and would have been disappointed had they not nailed this aspect. The durability is awesome as well. Their durability is legendary. I grew up with them and it is all I remember it to be.

Gravely is a great value, not only the price but it's a great mower. It really gets the job done. We have four acres of property and every time I mow it looks fantastic. It's all even and smooth. I always get complimented on my lawn. The safety features on this are really good. Blades covered, safety lock, theft protection. I have never had any problems at all with this mower. Safety is so important this mower is one hundred percent safe. The speed is great. It's not too fast and/or too slow. The speed let's you get the the job done. The speed is one of the best it has been a long time. It's really safe too. This product is very, very durable, made of the best products in town. It's so much durable than other products on the market. The durability makes it worth the price. I personally have had no problem with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gravely Riding Mowers?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I'm not the best mower and may miss a pebble or two at times but this thing can take a beating. It's very tough and has lasted me a while. The safety features really are just average, although there really isn't too much call for safety features on a lawnmower. That being said the features are pretty handy. It gets the job done FAST, the speed is incredible and the grass level is amazing. It's speed is top notch for a lawnmower. This thing is built solid. It has taken some small dirt mounds and leveled them off with the lawn, it handled beautifully and I haven't had to replace anything yet.

The speed of this mower is fast. It cut my mow time down in half. I used to have to push mow and it was awful even. Now I have this I can ride now. I have now had my mower for over 5 years and I have only had one problem with it and it was a simple fix. Other than that it starts fine.

Got it on sale for a steal of a price 60% off so of course I had to buy it. It was so cheap but it did have a scratch on it. I guess that’s why it was cheap. All I have to say about the safety features are about average, not the top of the line but not bad. I use so it can't be that bad. So about the speed of the machine it was fast at getting the job done. It was like being in a slow race car racing around the yard. It is good for durability wise.

A great value for the product!! You will be highly satisfied. I will never use another company again. The benefits and perks are just amazing!! The safety features are top of the line, and are great to use. I will recommend this to anybody that want to make sure that the appliance they use is safe. The speed is amazing and fast!! It's the best I've ever had and you will be so happy with the results and won't be disappointed. I highly recommend this product. The durability is amazing!! It is very strong and has a great hold that won't cause any disappointment. It is great and does exactly what it say it will do.

Good value compared to other brands that I've purchased. It has seatbelts and a helmet to keep me safe. It's as fast as I want to be and as fast as I walk or run with the mower. Oh yes, durability is so strong. It's like a big tank that you can run into a brick wall and crash into without hurting your helmet head with.

The value is great. I had it over a year now and it was really good and well equipped. It makes your lawn look really good. I highly recommend this to anyone. The safety features are great as it has a safeguard so you don't accidentally hurt yourself. It has a well equip safety hazard in place so no one can get hurt. The speed is great, it has multiple speeds that allow you to adjust. It works great with the user. Depending on the size of the lawn you can adjust it. The durability is great. It will last you for a lifetime. I recommend this to anyone because you will get your money's worth. All in all this good for anyone.

I couldn't buy any other brand. I value this Gravely very much. Mowing is enjoyable and easy. The value means more than I can say. I recommend highly. I think the safety is very good. I'm very clumsy around machines of any kind. My husband taught me and trusts me to mow our yard now. I don't need anyone watching me. I like the speed very much. I started out very slow but have built up to more speed. My husband rides on it like it's never been new. Enjoys mowing. I think this mower will last for years to come. We have mowed many times with no trouble. I treat it like a baby. My husband is rough a little. We had some rough spots and it holds up well.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Gravely started in 1916 when Benjamin Franklin Gravely patented a motor plow. The company focuses on heavy-duty mowers for commercial uses and homeowners who spend a significant amount of time on their lawn maintenance.

• Stand-on mowers: Gravely has a less common riding mower type designed for standing instead of sitting. Landscapers get better obstacle visibility and additional maneuverability compared to sit down models. Stand-on mowers are typically used in lawns with many obstacles.
  • Commercial: Most mower options focus on heavy residential or commercial usage.
  • Price conscious: These mowers provide significant quality for an affordable price.
  • Designed for all-day operation: The riding mowers have several comfort-centric features, such as an adjustable seat with a thick, high back design.
  • Higher speeds: Powerful engines haul the riding mowers along at high speed.
  • Best for Residential and commercial landscapers doing speedy maintenance.

Compare Riding Mower