Servicing Orlando & Tampa only

4.6/5 (257 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About FAS Windows & Doors

FAS Windows & Doors is a large dealer of new and replacement windows and doors in central Florida. FAS, which stands for Father and Son, is a family-owned business with offices in Orlando, Winter Park and Tampa. Its three-step process for customers includes an in-home consultation, custom production and professional installation.

Pros

• Highly customizable products
  • Free estimates
  • Lifetime warranties
  • Financing offers and discounts

Cons

• May be expensive
  • Limited service area

Bottom Line

FAS is a leading dealer of windows and doors in central Florida. Products come from reputable brands in many styles and materials. Windows include a service guarantee, lifetime product warranty and lifetime labor warranty.

FAS Windows & Doors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

FASWD installed 21 window improvements to my residential home; however only 5 windows were installed as per the Simonton Window specifications. Specifications filed, to get the county permit, requires "#8 x 2 1/2" minimum wood screw with 1.50" minimum embedment into wood". Due to the improper installation of the kitchen windows, I now have water damage to my floors. A contractor removed the cedar trim around all exterior windows and found 85% of window fasteners were not embedded in any framing and the ones that were are only embedded 1/2" in the framing. Photographs of the faulty installation was send to FASWD.

FASWD was notified immediately 1/2019; came out to home after numerous calls; and advised me to contact my insurance company and their insurance company. Now both insurance companies advised they do not insure "faulty workmanship". That Labor Warranty paper is just that paper with no needed or value. A complaint has been filed with the FL Dept of Business & Professional Regulation and soon in court.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Ms. Thompson, we maintain that the placement of the screws and the wall damage are two separate issues as evidenced in the photo attached. In the photo, the wood we installed during or before your last project in 2017 is still dry vs. the existing wood that clearly had existing water damage (above the window – denoting the wall had water issues not related to the windows). It should also be noted that all 3 of your window projects passed county inspection. FAS Windows & Doors is a licensed contractor and pulls permits on all projects to make sure every window is installed to code. If there were screw pattern issues, it would have been notated during the final inspections. We would have failed the inspection and corrected the issue immediately.

As stated in our previous response, a 3rd party will be contacting you regarding a review of the project and your claim.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We used FAS when we purchased new windows for our home and were very satisfied with the product and service. We chose FAS again when we purchased our new front door. Excellent service and product once again. Highly recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are thrilled you're loving your new windows and door! We really appreciate your business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My wife and I recently had 4 new sliding glass doors and 1 exterior hinged door installed by FAS Windows and Doors. Frank the salesman was great from the start. He was upfront and wasn't afraid to give his opinion when asked for, and he was fun to joke around with. Tammy our production scheduler was very easy to work with. She called when she said she would and answered my phone calls and was very responsive. The sliding glass doors we chose (Simonton) are high quality and great looking. They are heavy but open and close with ease.

Now, let's get to the installers. I was told by Tammy that I was getting the best sliding glass door installer... and lo and behold, I believe that's what I got! I can't say enough good things about James and his helper Joshua. These 2 guys worked 10 to 12 hours a day, nonstop, to get the job done in three days. I work in the construction business and I know good, hard workers when I see them. I could tell from the get go that James was very detail oriented and takes a lot of pride in his work. The finished product looks FANTASTIC. If I could find guys that care and takes pride in their work as much as these 2 do, I would have a lot less grey hairs. Needless to say I am very satisfied with FAS and their team I was given to work with. When I decide to have the 13 or so windows replaced at my house... I KNOW WHO I'LL BE CALLING!

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new doors! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

10/26/18 visited the FAS Windows & Doors showroom in Winter Park and ordered 9 windows plus 3 sliders, paying a 50% deposit. Was told it would probably take 4 days to install. 1/9/19 window installation by two men began; a professional job was done within 2-1/2 days. Prior to the installers departing, I noticed I could see 'light' from the bottom of the sliders that allowed cold air into the house - was told that once the county inspector visited, the trim would be installed & that would eliminate this problem.

The day after window installation, our check for the remainder 50% payment was cashed. 1/23/19 county inspector visited; then the phone calls came, asking for the survey to be completed but no mention when the molding would be installed over the screws in the sliders. We had to contact FAS to ask when they would finish the sliders by installing the molding. The soonest the molding can be installed is 2/22/19, a month after the county inspection. I wish I could of held part of the final payment until the molding was installed. I have the impression once full payment was received, my installation completion was not a priority. Speaking with the Customer Service Team resulted in being told that someone would be out sooner, probably within the week, to install the molding but that did not happen. Molding has been laying out in my screen pool area since 1/11/19 which is not something I like to look at. Windows are a good product.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Mrs. Long, We apologize for the delay in completing your project as total customer satisfaction is our main goal. There was a miscommunication between the installer and our service department as to who would be completing the trim. The installer has been contacted and he will be at your home tomorrow morning to complete your project. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I just recently had windows installed and had a great experience! The installers were very courteous and were sure to leave no mess behind! My windows now open without getting stuck! I would definitely recommend FAS Windows again! Thank you!!!

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are thrilled you're loving your new windows! We really appreciate your business.

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2018

The response to my review was amazing. I felt the company genuinely had a communication oversight with us and they are working rapidly to correct any problems with our doors. The representative that came out was informed, intelligent, and we have a completion goal in common. I cannot express how pleased I am with FAS's response. I feel confident my finished product is going to meet my expectations.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We were very disappointed with FAS. The front guy with the sales pitch is very confident and friendly, but once the project is started, he's completely unresponsive to communication. We spent over $12K in doors. To our minds, that is a sizable project. We felt like we were second rate customers. Every time we called about problems with our project we were always told, "We were just about to call you." That happened at least three times. We got French doors with the blinds inside. The three installers were terrible. Two of them spent the entire time arguing. In two of the doors, the blinds were outright crooked. Very visibly crooked.

They finally sent out a representative of the manufacturer. He literally laughed and said, "The doors come from China. We never know how they'll look out of the box." When the man that does the final measures came, he realized the doors were hung incorrectly. They acknowledged the mistake, but never made an effort or offer to fix it. We discussed any possible fix, or worse case, an appearance allowance that could help pay for a fix. This whole project lasted over five months. The last call we made to the company was never even returned.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your patience as we work toward a solution.

9/19/18 Mrs. M, Thank you for allowing our Production Manager to come to your home today and assess what needs to be done and ordered to complete the project to your satisfaction. Total satisfaction is our main goal so we are committed to your project.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I recently had several windows in my home replaced by FAS. Their services were professional, courteous, timely and reasonably priced from start to finish. To begin with, they told me what they would do, when they would do it, how it would be done and how much it would cost. Throughout the project, they kept me informed. Then, they did exactly what they promised, on time and on budget. Yesterday, I had the final inspection done by Orange County Building Dept and passed with no problems. In a few years, I'll have the rest of the windows replaced and will not hesitate to call FAS again.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are thrilled you're happy with your new windows! We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The estimate and demonstration that was provided was spot on. I was thrilled with the quality of the products and the company as a whole. I will definitely be calling this company back when I am ready to have the job completed. I would highly recommend this company to others.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We look forward to serving you!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been working with them since February 2018. Our project is still incomplete! The opportunities on the project were too many to count, but include, cutting my live security line (a hefty $86.00 per hour repair by ADT), improper installation of my sliding glass door which required it to be uninstalled and reinstalled, which led to the installers scratching it up all to hell, and cutting my siding without my permission and stating it was 'code' and that my sales person should have told me that. After having the field inspector come out and review, it of course was not a code issue, but rather a bad call on the installers' behalf.

The installers also broke every single screen during the process. The install was in May. Needless to say, It's July 31st and I still do not have the correct product to fix the issues! Not even a date on the calendar! We didn't chose FAS because they were the cheapest, we chose them because it sounded like they were going to do the job right. Customer service is impossible to get a hold of. No one returns any calls and it takes several follow ups before you get any response in email. This has been a nightmare! DO NOT USE FAS!

FAS Windows & Doors response

8/21/2018 We apologize for the lengthy time frame of Mrs. Meggison's project and the missteps along the way. FAS strives to exceed every customers expectations and we are committed to Mrs. Meggison's total satisfaction.

On 8/14 we made contact immediately upon hearing of her dissatisfaction but played phone tag for a few days.

On 8/17 we scheduled an in-home inspection of her windows and replaced locks where needed.

We have been working closely with Mrs. Meggison on her project to address all outstanding concerns. We have ordered the siding needed to make proper repairs and will be completing the work on 9/4.

Mrs. Meggison's desired resolution is that all repairs are made immediately, and we are working toward that and hope to be complete very soon.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We have been customers of FAS twice. The first time in 2015 and we were so pleased with their product and service that we didn't hesitate to use them again. We ordered a set of double doors in October 2017 and they were partially installed in December 2017. The trim was not measured properly so therefore had to be reordered and reordered. This was an on-going cycle that led to many unanswered request from their customer service department as well as their installer. Suzanne who is their customer service representative was totally non-responsive on many occasions and required us to continue to call multiple times only to learn that they had ordered the wrong parts again. They finally finished the project on May 20, 2018. I think most people would consider having to wait 5 months to get a job completed to be excessive.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Mrs. Neely- Thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize for your frustration with the timeframe as it is certainly understandable. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irma brought many challenges in regard to the influx of business and timeframes. The cladding for your door project initially came in wrong and had to be reordered adding more time to already long lead times. We are so glad your project is done and we know you'll enjoy your beautiful entry door for years to come!

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2018

In the end, we enjoyed working with Dan (the sales rep) and realize sometimes issues are beyond "anyone's" control. This is likely one of those situations.

We enjoy our beautiful doors. They are both exceptionally functional and great looking.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My experience was very disappointing. We had two sets of doors (4 panels per)... Installed for $16,000. They were to be inspected by the City of Gulfport before being sealed (clearly stated in the instructions). But they sealed them to where the inspector couldn't see how they were installed. Turns out, they failed the inspection, and had to replace all the screws. But now, the molding around looks like crap (because they used the same molding). And then the screens weren't the right size. After months of waiting, we still don't have the screens. I will not recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors response
Mr. Marshall, Thank you for your feedback and review. We are sincerely sorry we have not met your expectations because total customer satisfaction is our main goal. When we placed your door order with the manufacturer we also ordered the same size screens to properly fit. Unfortunately, when the doors were installed we determined at that time the screens were the wrong size. When we reordered the screens our service technician wrote it up as 75 7/8 but it came in at 76 1/2. We reordered again, and they arrived wrong from the manufacturer.

We can certainly understand your frustration and want nothing more than to complete your project to your satisfaction. It’s never an easy situation when products arrive wrong or damaged from the manufacture because the turnaround time is never quick enough. We appreciate your patience and look forward to coming out on 5/15 to finish up your project.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Such a promising website, but unfortunately words don't mean anything unless you deliver what you promised. Since May I am waiting on 4 windows and 2 sliders to be installed. They came to install after 2 months of waiting. Something was wrong with one panel, they ordered waited one month and a half, finally, the panel came, they come to install, it was the wrong panel!!! I called today, panel is arrived (by the way you have to call to see if parts are in or not, if it is in, nobody would call you unless you call). We made an appointment for Thursday, hope they come with the right part. But another slider was wrongly installed, now we have a gap between the slider and tile floor. Nobody is taking the responsibility, I have been transferred at least 5 different people including original salesman. They promised and concluded that they have to take care of it, but when nobody knows!

I am sick and tired of calling this company to do their job. Nobody is paying attention. I am asking for the owner's phone number so I can tell him that his company is running loose, nobody knows owner's name or phone number. We already paid thousands of dollars and more to pay after the job is done, but I guess they do not need the finish the job and get their money. I will not pay a penny to you unless you correct the mess you created since May. Since May, you cannot solve the problems that you yourself created. Shame on you! You can be in this magazine that magazine telling people how good you are, it is a big lie. Nobody knows what the other department is doing. No communications. Today I called again. They gave me two phone numbers with a name, one phone number is no longer in service, the other phone number is the wrong number. Called back again, this time nobody answers!

This is FAS. Customers, please be aware! Those who gave 2 stars, 5 stars, they were lucky people somehow. The salesman is a typical salesman, very good what he does, this is nothing but conning people! I am still waiting for them to come and do the right thing. I guess from May to August is enough time to wait. There you have your review! See if anybody cares and takes care of this mess!

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your patience and are working toward a solution.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Some people recommended FAS Windows & Doors through a website called Next Door. I got a quote from FAS and another from Pella. Frank, FAS' sales guy, was the reason I went with them. He was awesome. He was straightforward and informative without being pushy. He did a great job explaining the windows. Had I not had Frank’s quote, I wouldn’t have known what the other guy was talking about for half the stuff because he just sort of breezed through the spiel without explaining anything.

We got 7 windows for the house and two sliding glass doors. The two sliders were different sizes. So far, the products have all been great. The two guys who did the installation were pretty good. They told me in the front end it's going to take probably two days, and it took two days. They explained all the windows and cleaned up afterwards. I'm happy with my FAS experience.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new windows and doors! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I saw FAS Windows & Doors on a TV commercial and they were cheaper than other window retailers. I purchased doors and windows with a customized color. The quality of the products and the installation that they did were fine.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Original review: May 5, 2017

We were very excited to sign a contract with FAS Windows on June 28, 2016 as they had great reviews. Things went downhill rapidly as they charged me a few weeks later before they even did the final measurement (which came a week later). I discussed this with Mr ** (sales rep) and he stated they were a little behind. Not to worry. 3 weeks later I got a call that they were ready for installation, great as they were a week ahead of time. They arrived on time and proceeded to tear out the old windows and install the new one however they didn't realize they had bad measurements for the very large picture window in the front of my house. I had a gaping hole in the front of my house and if I had not had one of those blue FEMA tarp they would have left it that way.

For three days with heavy rain it stayed that way and their customer service called to check on the job and I told them about the large gaping hole they left. No home security, nothing but us having to stay home to protect our valuables. Customer service was helpful in getting us some plywood installed after the hurricane hit us (half plywood half FEMA Tarp). They then told us we had a new window on order and they were going to "Rush" this order. Three week later no calls so I called and they forgot to order (second storm hitting us but it was only a tropical storm). They reordered twice and three 1/2 weeks later they again arrived for the installation. I had identified that during their first attempt with the installation they managed to kill several shrubs as they had trampled all over them and if they could please not kill so many of my newly planted shrub (replacements).

They did the install and requested immediate payment of which I had differed this to customer service. The installers departed but neglected to show where they had damaged the hardwood floors, numerous deep scratched scrape marks and crushed the window sill. The installers were so rough on the installation they even cracked one of those (smash it with a hammer windows and it shouldn't get damaged). Customer service came by, looked at the damaged areas, ordered a replacement. They came by a few days later and replaced the broken window.

When asked about all the other damage I was told, "The installers are a different contractor". He also stated that if I had any broken windows just call customer service. I called Mr F. ** to see what kind of consideration FAS was going to provide. No calls and after 8 months I had a contractor fix the damaged window sill. We have two other homes in Florida needing new windows and we do NOT PLAN on FAS for those projects.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We sincerely apologize for the bumps and bruises along the way. Customer satisfaction is always of the utmost importance and we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Our installers have worked with us for many years and do exceptional work! As business increases so does the need for additional installers. Prior to sending a new installer out on a job we have already witnessed their quality of work. We felt confident they would perform to our standards but they broke an FAS golden rule by not measuring the new window before the existing window was pulled out of the opening. We were very disappointed by this huge mistake. In fact we parted ways with the installer. The window and door replacement business is construction and sometimes things don’t go according to plan. We have learned from this situation and put additional installer onboarding training in place.

Original review: April 9, 2017

The stuff that goes around the door that we had was starting to fall apart and the screen had a lot of holes in it. The mosquitoes would come in, and I put some Scotch tape on the screen to keep the bugs out. So with that, it was timing to get a new door. And then, the money too. I got my husband to take me to FAS store and we saw the displays, which were okay. Their sales rep was good. He gave me a book, we looked at it and picked out the door and the storm door. Also, he asked me about my price range and what not. The installation team was good.

The only thing is that I really didn't look at the door that well, and a couple of days later, I noticed that the trim that goes around the outer storm door had gaps in it. And also, there was some stuff coming out from the bottom piece. It looked like a thread hanging, and it kept on getting larger like it was coming out. Perhaps opening up the door was making it loose, and it was getting longer and it doesn't look too good. So, I called and spoke with somebody there and I told them the problem. And they said, "We'll send somebody out." It took two weeks for them to get out here, and when the guy came, it took him like 20 minutes to do it. He did it real quick. I'm satisfied with the door.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new door! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2017

FAS Exteriors is an established company with a good track record and a little number of complaints. We had them do a job for us a few years ago where they replaced all the windows in the one-half of our house. We called them back for the second job, which was replacing the rest of the windows in the house, and they sent the same sales guy out. Since we've had them do the other half of the house, I was familiar with how everything will go with the second job. Once the order was in and the windows came in, we scheduled the installation. The installation team came out when they said they were going to come and got everything done in about a little over half a day. Everything went very smooth and was handled professionally. I'm also very satisfied with the high quality of the product that was installed on time and without any hassles. I would recommend FAS Exteriors including the windows that we got.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new windows! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I've checked with other people who used FAS and they had good experiences with them, so I got windows, doors, and sliding glass doors from them. I had lots of weird-sized entrances, like in an old house, and I was able to customize my order. It was great and very easy with the sales rep. He walked me through all the products and the cost and helped me figure out what makes sense. Then he checked in and made sure everything was going well. The installation team got the work done fast and were super neat. And the products I got are fantastic.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback! We're so glad you're enjoying your new windows! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Everything has been great with FAS. We got the FAS windows and their sales team was fantastic. We also had no problems with their installation team. We've used them before as well. I would definitely recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Original review: March 12, 2017

We wanted to get quotes from several contractors in the area so we contacted FAS. Their price is a little higher but they were better in answering questions and getting back with us. The sales rep made an appointment and he showed up when he said he would. He did a very good job of explaining the product lines that they had and why they were better quality than what we had in our 25-year old house. He followed up with us, answered our questions quickly and he's gotten the paperwork to us so that we can get the energy credit from Duke Energy. We're very happy with him. We got new windows for our home and they normally come with screens but we were able to get half screens where we wanted in full screens and they fitted the windows to all the openings exactly. My husband was really happy with the installation team and the quality is very good so far.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Original review: March 3, 2017

I asked FAS along with three other window manufacturers for a quote. FAS had a good quote and good reputation so I decided to go with them. I got their Simonton windows and customized the order. Their sales rep was very knowledgeable, went step-by-step, had a sample window that he brought in, and he was pretty detailed. They had somebody come out and do an in-depth measurement to make sure everything would be perfect. The installation was done by two guys and they did a good job. They were very clean, picked up after themselves and made sure that we were happy before they left. The overall quality of the windows is good and I like them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

In November, there was a fire in the house. There was some window damage, so it was decided to replace all the windows since they were over 40 years old. A visit to FAS showroom in Winter Park was made and replacement salesman, Stuart **, showed us some replacement windows and answered some of our questions, but was not overly helpful. He asked measurements of all the window openings be emailed to him so he could give an estimate to replace. The very next day, measurements were sent. Two weeks went by without a reply. The measurements were again sent and no reply. We ended up using Andersen Renew and spent over $45,000 with them to replace all of our windows. HUGE LOSS for FAS!!! Such a disappointment that their customer service is so poor. They should take lessons from Andersen Windows.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. FAS Windows & Doors does not provide insurance quotes and we would like to extend our apology for the misunderstanding. Apparently we fell short of properly communicating that to you and providing you with the answers you needed. We have taken action and coached our team on proper communication in this type of situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are always striving to provide exemplary customer service and appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We had FAS install some windows in our riverfront condo that we had. Then when we bought our new home on the water, we contemplated on what we were going to do for hurricane season, and decided on putting in hurricane windows and sliders. We wanted to go back to FAS because our first experience with them was excellent. We requested for the same installer. We absolutely love both the sales rep and the installer. We used them for both homes and we're familiar with the way they do work and how meticulous they are. Everything was fine, except we had a dining room window that had to be made two different times as they kept messing up on the size and the placement of the lights. And then, the third time that they made it, it was broken transit. We had to go through a hurricane with the windows not secured in permanently on that window side because of that faux pas. But other than that, the windows turned out beautifully.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate your patience along the way! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We had three window companies come out and the salesperson of FAS Exteriors, Dave, knew what he was talking about and it really helped us make a decision. But the cost was really high but then we realized it wasn't so bad after all. We got a pocket slider door for going out to our pool enclosure and the quality's excellent. The installer was also awesome, meticulous and did an excellent job. We were so pleased with him and he also had a helper with him. I've never seen anybody do work like he did. He cared about what he was doing.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback! We're so happy you're enjoying your new door! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I work for FedEx Freight and when I made a delivery for FAS I asked them about installing windows in my house. The sales rep was very good and I was pleased with him coming out and showing me the thing where they put the light up there then it transfers the heat through the window. I could physically feel the difference between the different windows. It was basically the changing factor because originally I was going to go with Lowe's or Home Depot because those were cheaper.

However, I wished they would have cut the little trim pieces that go around the window a little bit further over the edge. Doing that would have required less caulking to fill in. There were a couple that they did that way but the other ones they cut with more of a 3-inch to a half-inch gap which I filled with caulk. But it's not a big issue and they did a good job with the rest of the work that they did. I'm happy with the quality of the windows and the work and I liked my experience with them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Our whole house was done by FAS, all nineteen windows. The salesperson that came here was very knowledgeable, and he kept in touch with us. The installers were exceptional, too. We ordered full screen windows, but when installation came, they only brought and put in half-screens. But they’re rectifying that. They came back with some full screens and we’re still waiting on three of those.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad you are enjoying your new windows! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

One of my employees knew I was looking for a good window installer, and since he had seen FAS Exteriors' work, he told me to check them out. I then purchased 16 windows in a few different sizes from them. I knew the manufacturer of the windows from a previous experience, so I knew it was a good product. The salesperson from FAS was great. He came out when he said he was coming out and he stayed in touch. The installation guy was a true professional. He's been doing it most of his work life. So, he knew exactly what he was doing and he did a great job. I highly recommend FAS to anyone that's looking for windows or doors. My experience with them was good from beginning to end.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I wanted a door that I can put a dog door in it but it was where a French door would be...so I needed a partial French door. I had been looking for a long time and FAS Exteriors carried a product that had an unusual configuration. They helped me in the way I wanted and with what I wanted to do with this door. Their staff was very nice when I dealt with him, but towards the end, I felt like he dropped me. The installer was great, though.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

It was a mess from the get-go. It took FAS four weeks to come out for the final measurement of the windows before they order it. I built my own wood shutters. I had most of the wood on site but didn't have the shutters all done which I’m legally allowed to do. I get a phone call two months into the project, before they even ordered the windows, that they need to get pictures of all my shutters before they order. I said, "That’s funny because the contract doesn’t say that,” then I was told it's a new policy. That doesn't make any sense. I said, “I don’t care about your new policy. The contract I signed says upon final inspection these shutters are supposed to be done.” But I gave them the pictures because they wouldn’t order the windows until they knew I had all of the stuff on site.

A few weeks later, I was dealing with another lady in the office. It was dumb stuff. She sent me a blank permit and told me to sign it. I said, “Well, I can appreciate what you’re trying to do, ma’am, but the bottom of the page clearly states that I affirm and clarify that all the information above is true and correct. Well, I’m not gonna sign a blank piece of paper. I don’t give people a blank sheet saying a bunch of lies." They got irritated that I made them go back and forth to fill out the permit application before I signed it. Am I just gonna sign my name and expect them to do their job properly? Obviously they were failing miserably at this point.

So then they finally get the permit and come out and do the windows. The guys who came out burnt a couple of the windows with the screwdriver! They hit the windows with the black part of the screwdriver and left black burn marks where the screws were. I had to call them back out to bring other screens for that. Then they brought me a bag of buttons that go into all the screw holes that I had to put in myself because I did not pay them enough with an absurd amount of money for it. I still have several parts of the windows that I need to put the buttons in, and it doesn’t cover up their entire screw-up because they drilled the hole, moved the drill over, and now there’s extra drill spots around the hole. They completely botched my entire job and I’m so irritated with them. I’m at the end of my wits with them.

The worst part was with the lady that I was speaking with while the windows were being ordered. I called her and said, "I need to get an updated schedule. When are we gonna put these windows? We’re looking at three and a half months now.” She’s replied with “Simonton let us know that they ran out of glass.” That was a blatant lie. Simonton has an entire warehouse full of glass. This here is a window company.

I then go online and I Google to my little heart's content for two hours trying to figure out where Simonton’s factory is. I find it in West Virginia. I call the customer service number but the lady at Simonton won’t give any information without a P.O. number. I called back to FAS to get the P.O. number, and the lady at FAS literally laughed out loud at me and said that was the most absurd thing she’s ever heard.

It was a ridiculous experience overall. As soon as I signed the contract I felt like it was a bad idea all the way around, and there’s consistent excuse after excuse after excuse. They screwed everything up and I'm glad it's over. I would appreciate it if they had just done it right the first time and not lied to me, flat out told me six to eight weeks. That means at the end of the eighth week the windows should be installed. They did it in 12 weeks. The whole thing with FAS was a sham.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Mr. Schumann, Thank you for your feedback and review. We apologize for the extended time frame of your project and any bumps along the way. It was with great surprise that one of our partners would give you false information about the glass delay on your project. We're confident there was a misunderstanding. We reached out to the manufacturer and they responded with a written letter stating that there was indeed a glass delay on your project and apologized for the way their team member handled it. We regret that you received false information. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

In May 2016, I called FAS. Then I met the FAS salesman. I ordered all new windows, and a French door for the rear dinette (lanai). I wanted grids in all windows. The first FAS salesman I met in May 2016 stated he does not like grids in windows, he refused to order a bathroom window, he refused to order windows and rear PGT door for the rear dinette (lanai), he refused to order sculptured grids, he refused to order grids for the French doors, and he refused to order an available tan color for the six window sashes.

Against my will, I was forced to have colonial grids on white sashes. The second salesman I met, which was in June 2016, discovered that three of my ordered windows had no grids. He then was able to resolve this by ordering grids for these three windows. He also ordered grids for the French patio doors. He also ordered a bathroom window. He also ordered windows and with grids for the rear dinette (lanai). He also refused to order a rear PGT door for the rear dinette, (lanai). With FAS, I was refused diagrams and descriptions of all of the ordered windows.

With FAS, I was refused an explanation and photos of what the French doors would look like. A fantastic window installer came in September 2016. Two different windows had obvious scratches. FAS so far has refused to do anything about that. One window installed in the front dinette was one I did not order being a much lower quality window of a much lower cost and not an energy star. But it had its own permit. Since it had its own permit, the window inspector did not flunk the permitting for having a much lower quality window at a much less cost than what I had ordered.

FAS initially denied I had a much lower quality window at a much lower cost, and with its own permit. After much insistence on my part, after FAS talked to the window installer to make sure I wasn't lying, and after I sent a photo of the label of this much lower quality window to FAS, then FAS reluctantly ordered a replacement window. This was the much higher cost window that I originally ordered. The window installer said to me and to FAS that I could have a brand new rear PGT door for my rear dinette, (lanai). In September 2016, FAS ordered a rear PGT door for my rear dinette, (lanai). FAS refused to send me a photo of this ordered PGT door.

The rear dinette, (lanai), had five obviously bent and damaged screens on the windows. The French patio doors were reversed from the original order. They open into the wrong side, opening right into the rear dinette table. They were to open on the right side into the open pathway into the rear dinette, (lanai). I never before knew a door company would order doors to open into a dinette table preventing passage. That's like ordering doors to open into a wall. The left French patio does not close as the frame seems bent.

Reluctantly, in September 2016, FAS ordered two new French doors. For the three months while waiting for the rear dinette PGT door, replacement front dinette window, and for the replacement two French doors, FAS refused to have a person come out and look at the two scratched windows and bent and damaged screens. Finally, after three months of numerous calls to FAS, a salesman will come out on 13th December, 2016 to look at the two scratched windows and bent and damaged screens. If I can convince FAS to replace these two scratched windows and five damaged screens, then it will take another three to four months or longer before these replacements come.

Very likely, this $15,291 project, (of which I put $10,000 cash down), to install two French doors, and to replace one garage window, two eyebrow windows, three front dinette windows, three bedroom windows, one bathroom window, six rear dinette, (lanai), windows, and install one rear PGT door, will take close to a year, or may take even longer. The main problem is chaos and confusion in the FAS production department, no FAS quality control of the received products (to make sure there are no received damaged products), there is no one to call to report a scratched window or a bent and damaged screen, and there is complete lack of cooperation of FAS for initially ordering any of their products, and for resolving any problems after install.

Other than that, I am very happy with the brand new windows. I am sure I will be very happy with the soon to be replaced two French doors, and front dinette window, and soon to be installed rear PGT door. I will be thrilled once the two scratched windows and five bent and damaged screens are replaced in several more months. Then FAS will get the balance I owe them. I will pay FAS for the finished work. FAS customer **.

UPDATED ON 12/26/2016: Part Two: (see my previous review of which over 650 plus people have read it so far; with the position I had working with President George W. Bush, I am extremely influential in my state and in the White House; I guarantee that my series of unfortunate events with FAS Windows and Doors are well known.) I first met the FAS Windows and Doors salesman in May 2016. Now it is the end of December 2016. My FAS saga continues on and on.

The main problem is that there is no quality control with Terry **, FAS Production Supervisor. There is no one assigned to examine a received product to see if it is received damaged, or stored damaged, or if it is received as being the wrong product ordered. This is reckless and careless of FAS. A damaged or a wrong product should not be installed. But I had damaged products installed. I had the wrong product installed. I had the wrong opening doors installed. I ordered grids and grids are missing.

This is not the fault of the window installer. There is no one is assigned at FAS to examine what had been installed to see if there are any issues. Post installation of a customer's home: the five main issues for a FAS examiner would be: (1) Is there a scratched window installed? (2) Is there a damaged screen installed? (3) Are the doors ordered installed opening the right way or the wrong way? (Due to production and not due to the installer.) (4) Are the ordered products installed or are products installed that are not the actual products ordered? And (5), if grids are ordered, are there actually grids in the windows?

There is no one assigned at FAS to resolve a scratched window or a damaged screen problem. If you are able to report a scratched window or damaged screen to FAS, nothing will be done for a very long time until you complain so much for several months, then FAS Windows and Doors finally gives up and reluctantly resolves your problem. FAS often does not return your phone calls. Silence is the motto of FAS Windows and Doors.

After three months of trying and trying, finally the field supervisor CJ came and verified that I have two scratched windows and six damaged screens. CJ is excellent. I recommend him highly. These window and screen replacements hopefully will arrive sometime in 2017, maybe February? Maybe March? You never know until the very last minute when FAS is suddenly ready to install.

Fortunately I am retired and very flexible with my time, in between traveling to the White House. The fantastic window and door installer came December 23rd, 2016. I recommend him highly. After seven months of patiently waiting, I am very pleased with the just installed new and very expensive PGT rear dinette (lanai) door. It is beautiful. But FAS is quite reluctant to order this wonderful PGT door for some very mysterious reason.

The first very expensive French doors opened incorrectly. After three months of patiently waiting, the replacement French doors just installed were the wrong doors ordered: these doors open correctly but now there are NO GRIDS. I need new french doors, again. Is third time ordering a charm? After three months of patiently waiting, the replacement front dinette window number three just installed may be wrong window ordered because it is missing a label. I have no idea what kind of window it is: is it the window I ordered? Or is it a different window than what I ordered? (Like before.)

I would like the installation of a window or door that I ordered then receiving something entirely different, especially if it is not an Energy Star lower quality window. I cannot trust FAS Windows and Doors anymore. If you order from them, you better make sure that the received windows are not scratched, that there are no damaged screens, that the doors open correctly, that you have the correct products ordered, and if you order grids, that grids are actually in the windows. My FAS problems have not yet been solved. I have learned to be very patient with FAS. I have spent more than $15,000 with FAS. FAS has been paid in full.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Mr. Hall, thank you for your feedback and review. We apologize for the extended time frame of your project and any bumps along the way. Thank you for having our Field Supervisor, CJ out yesterday to discuss next steps with you. We have received all products and will be coming out on Friday Dec. 23rd to finish up your installation. We appreciate your patience and look forward to completing your project to your complete satisfaction.

FAS Windows & Doors Company Information