2. Homeowners

4.6/5 (255 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About FAS Windows & Doors

FAS Windows & Doors is a large dealer of new and replacement windows and doors in central Florida. FAS, which stands for Father and Son, is a family-owned business with offices in Orlando, Winter Park and Tampa. Its three-step process for customers includes an in-home consultation, custom production and professional installation.

Pros

• Highly customizable products
  • Free estimates
  • Lifetime warranties
  • Financing offers and discounts

Cons

• May be expensive
  • Limited service area

Bottom Line

FAS is a leading dealer of windows and doors in central Florida. Products come from reputable brands in many styles and materials. Windows include a service guarantee, lifetime product warranty and lifetime labor warranty.

Top FAS Windows & Doors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

FAS window styles and materials

FAS sells vinyl and wood-clad windows in a variety of styles from multiple manufacturers, including Simonton, PGT, Andersen and SoftLite. Customers can find hurricane windows and energy-efficient windows in styles such as single-hung, double-hung, picture, sliding, vent, casement, bay, bow, garden and specialty shape.

The window purchasing process starts with a free on-site consultation with an FAS expert, who takes measurements, asks about your needs and preferences, discusses factors like energy efficiency and permitting and presents you with options. Once the windows are manufactured to your exact specifications, FAS completes installation. The company offers a one-year service inspection guarantee with a five-point inspection and lifetime warranties on windows and labor.

FAS door replacements

FAS sells exterior doors including patio doors, French doors and entry doors from brands like Andersen, Simonton, ProVia, Neuma Doors and PGT. Door materials include vinyl, fiberglass and steel. Customers can see all available doors in FAS showrooms in Orlando and Tampa. They can also set up an in-home consultation with a company representative.

FAS Windows & Doors pricing

Because FAS Windows & Doors installs custom-built products for its customers, there’s no starting cost or average cost available. The best way to find out the cost of new windows or doors is to request a free estimate. Cost factors include the manufacturer, material size and style of the product.

FAS accepts cash, personal and business checks, money orders and credit cards for deposits and final payments. It also works with lenders to offer financing options for eligible customers. Six- and 12-month payment plans with 0% interest are available at the time of publishing. There is also a 120-month finance plan with a fixed rate of 9.99%. FAS offers senior and military discounts.

FAS Windows & Doors FAQ

Where is FAS Windows & Doors available?
FAS Windows & Doors is available in central Florida, including areas like Orlando, Kissimmee, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Longwood, Ocoee, Oviedo, Apopka, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Springs, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota, Brandon and Bradenton.
What brands does FAS sell?
FAS sells windows and doors from Simonton, PGT, SoftLite, Andersen and other manufacturers. Customers can talk with a representative to learn about all available options.
Does FAS offer hurricane impact windows?
Yes, FAS sells hurricane windows that also feature energy efficiency, shatter-resistant glass, noise reduction and UV protection.
Does FAS provide a warranty or service guarantee?
Yes, windows come with lifetime product and labor warranties. FAS also includes a one-year service guarantee with a five-point inspection.
When is FAS Windows & Doors open?
The FAS Winter Park showroom is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Tampa showroom is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday by appointment only.

Is FAS Windows & Doors legit?

Yes, FAS Windows & Doors is a well-established business that is licensed with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The company displays its license number and proof of liability insurance on its site. It has completed over 12,000 projects in central Florida. If you live in the area and are interested in new windows or doors, it can’t hurt to set up a free consultation, learn about its products and processes and get an estimate.

FAS Windows & Doors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

James from FAS came and in a few seconds saw the problem. He was very courteous and friendly. He quickly had the door locking like new. Another pleasant experience with FAS, they have done work for us for over ten years and are always superb.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your kind words. We will pass them on to James. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

On 2/21/21 we placed our order with FAS for (2) large kitchen windows and (2) 8 ft sliders. At this time we were told it would take about 20 weeks for windows to come in. They took approx. $4400 upfront. On 8/4/21 (24weeks later), my husband called to get a status update. Left several messages and an email through 8/9/21 with no response. Finally on 8/10/21 someone called us back to say our kitchen windows will possibly be in by September or October (now closer to 30 weeks or more). But…our sliders were NEVER ORDERED!!! We may see those by March 2022. More than a year after placing the order.

Needless to say, my husband and I are very upset and disappointed. Not to mention referring a friend to them recently. To add insult to injury, the person who called us back on 8/10/21 asked if we just wanted to cancel the slider order but couldn’t cancel the 2 windows without losing our down payment. All we want is what was promised to us in a timely manner. Cannot in good faith recommend FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Good morning Mrs. Mary, We regret to hear of your frustration as customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. We apologize for the clerical error in not ordering the doors. This was an oversight by our purchasing department and one that is very unfortunate. We have ordered the doors and will install your windows once they have arrived as we wait for the doors. We appreciate your understanding and patience and apologize again for the error.

Original review: May 28, 2020

The team was very careful and helpful with the alarm system details. At this time we are very satisfied. The Simonton windows seem of high quality. This was a big job over 2 weeks and the team of 3 led by Robin was on time and competent.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We certainly appreciate your business and are thrilled you're loving your new windows!

Original review: April 10, 2020

We were happy from the very beginning. Our salesman Stewart was very knowledgeable and gave us good advice. The installation team under the direction of DuJon ** did a great job with installation and cleanup. We couldn't be happier. Our home is quieter and stays at a more constant temperature. Very good investment! We would recommend FAS to anyone looking to replace windows and doors. A big thank you to everyone at FAS. Bob & Jackie **

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are so thrilled you're loving your new windows!!! We look forward to serving you again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have wood damage from a window leak. Instead of taking care of it I was told to call my insurance or the leak doctor. The window was never sealed properly on the top so water got in and rotted out the wood.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Good afternoon Mr. Tilaro, Your job was installed and completed by FAS Windows & Doors in 2009. We received a call from you 10 years later about water intrusion. When you spoke to the service department on 9/26/2019 we explained to you that we don't maintain caulking around the window frames and that is the homeowners responsibility. A leak this many years later isn't due to the integrity of the installation, that would be noticed right away. Caulking and general maintenance are not covered under any warranty.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

My wife and I took 3 years to find the right door. The big box stores all made promises and never kept one. Both HD and Lo failed to follow up. Even local companies did not listen or provide proper quotes. We were about to give up when my landscape design company owner recommended FAS. We drove to showroom and were immediately impressed with the service level. The entire process has been exceptional and the install of the door was flawless. We have a few minor attention to detail items to finish with final inspection but we are extremely happy with FAS. If we ever replace other doors or windows they will be tops on my list. I would recommend them to anyone I know.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Wow, your door is beautiful!!!!! Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We had used FAS about 10 years ago to replace our windows and everything went smoothly. One window had something break on it but it wasn’t major but the company said they provided 100% guarantee. When we went to replace a sliding glass door and entrance door we called FAS and the sales person came over and promised us, in retrospect, a really unrealistic expectation for what we are going to get. For starters, we were a bit shocked by the price. Over $5000 for a sliding glass door and $2000 for a door from the garage into the house. But I paid it. I really regret that decision.

They gave us a realistic timeline but then when the doors were installed, our $5000 sliding glass door does not unlock or lock without major difficulty. They sent someone to fix it but I was at work and one of my children let them in and out. Still the door just doesn’t lock. And if you can lock it, after struggling, it is a major hassle to unlock it. This would be extremely dangerous in the case of a fire or emergency. Not to mention, you would expect a $5000 door to work well. In the meantime they keep calling me about inspection, and I keep telling them that the door does not function properly.

Also the window problem...we were told by the sales person it would be fixed. They are now telling us that they are not responsible even though it came with a lifetime warranty. They are saying they replaced other windows in our house but not this one, which is a flat out lie. I do not trust this company any longer, and I am considering legal action about my new door that doesn’t work. I would avoid this company. Please do not make the same mistake I did, a very, very expensive mistake.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We regret to hear of your disappointment as total customer satisfaction is our #1 priority! Debbie our service manager has reached out to you by phone to help remedy your door locking issue. We appreciate your business and look forward to correcting this issue soon.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

2015 Install full house and pool area sliding door. I installed FAS Vinyl Security Glass windows throughout the house and a Sliding glass security door in the back pool. The sales experience was very informative and I was glad to hear about the many choices available to me. They were quick in the manufacturing of my order. Soon after the guys came to my house and in the same day installed all the windows and the sliding door. A couple years later we noticed a opening below one of the windows had formed and the next day a FAS guy not only fixed the window, but went to each and every other window to inspect them. It's now Aug. 2019 and I am so happy with my purchase. Air conditioning costs have dropped a lot per month and rooms which used to heat up from the sun are so much cooler.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new windows & doors, 4 years later!! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

FASWD installed 21 window improvements to my residential home; however only 5 windows were installed as per the Simonton Window specifications. Specifications filed, to get the county permit, requires "#8 x 2 1/2" minimum wood screw with 1.50" minimum embedment into wood". Due to the improper installation of the kitchen windows, I now have water damage to my floors. A contractor removed the cedar trim around all exterior windows and found 85% of window fasteners were not embedded in any framing and the ones that were are only embedded 1/2" in the framing. Photographs of the faulty installation was send to FASWD.

FASWD was notified immediately 1/2019; came out to home after numerous calls; and advised me to contact my insurance company and their insurance company. Now both insurance companies advised they do not insure "faulty workmanship". That Labor Warranty paper is just that paper with no needed or value. A complaint has been filed with the FL Dept of Business & Professional Regulation and soon in court.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Ms. Thompson, we maintain that the placement of the screws and the wall damage are two separate issues as evidenced in the photo attached. In the photo, the wood we installed during or before your last project in 2017 is still dry vs. the existing wood that clearly had existing water damage (above the window – denoting the wall had water issues not related to the windows). It should also be noted that all 3 of your window projects passed county inspection. FAS Windows & Doors is a licensed contractor and pulls permits on all projects to make sure every window is installed to code. If there were screw pattern issues, it would have been notated during the final inspections. We would have failed the inspection and corrected the issue immediately.

As stated in our previous response, a 3rd party will be contacting you regarding a review of the project and your claim.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We used FAS when we purchased new windows for our home and were very satisfied with the product and service. We chose FAS again when we purchased our new front door. Excellent service and product once again. Highly recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are thrilled you're loving your new windows and door! We really appreciate your business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My wife and I recently had 4 new sliding glass doors and 1 exterior hinged door installed by FAS Windows and Doors. Frank the salesman was great from the start. He was upfront and wasn't afraid to give his opinion when asked for, and he was fun to joke around with. Tammy our production scheduler was very easy to work with. She called when she said she would and answered my phone calls and was very responsive. The sliding glass doors we chose (Simonton) are high quality and great looking. They are heavy but open and close with ease.

Now, let's get to the installers. I was told by Tammy that I was getting the best sliding glass door installer... and lo and behold, I believe that's what I got! I can't say enough good things about James and his helper Joshua. These 2 guys worked 10 to 12 hours a day, nonstop, to get the job done in three days. I work in the construction business and I know good, hard workers when I see them. I could tell from the get go that James was very detail oriented and takes a lot of pride in his work. The finished product looks FANTASTIC. If I could find guys that care and takes pride in their work as much as these 2 do, I would have a lot less grey hairs. Needless to say I am very satisfied with FAS and their team I was given to work with. When I decide to have the 13 or so windows replaced at my house... I KNOW WHO I'LL BE CALLING!

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new doors! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

FAS Windows & Doors Company Information