Servicing Orlando & Tampa only

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We love hearing from our customers and are glad you are happy with the product! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2016

My husband went window shopping and spoke with several companies that install windows. He chose FAS because they were able to answer many questions that the others couldn't. For example, when he talked with Sears and a couple of other companies about the tint in the windows, they could never tell him exactly what the tint was and how dark it was going to be. FAS came forward with all the information that we asked for and satisfied us completely. They were also very courteous and friendly.

The installation team was fast, neat, and thorough. They were in and out without a problem. They didn’t create any mess for us and took care of everything. When we are inside and the wind outside is blowing, we never hear it even when it's blowing between 35 and 42 miles an hour. We're completely satisfied with their work and they’re going to put in our front door as well. We've recommended FAS Exteriors to friends.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. FAS Windows & Doors does not provide insurance quotes and we would like to extend our apology for the misunderstanding. Apparently we fell short of properly communicating that to you and providing you with the answers you needed. We have taken action and coached our team on proper communication in this type of situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are always striving to provide exemplary customer service and appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

In November, there was a fire in the house. There was some window damage, so it was decided to replace all the windows since they were over 40 years old. A visit to FAS showroom in Winter Park was made and replacement salesman, Stuart **, showed us some replacement windows and answered some of our questions, but was not overly helpful. He asked measurements of all the window openings be emailed to him so he could give an estimate to replace. The very next day, measurements were sent. Two weeks went by without a reply. The measurements were again sent and no reply. We ended up using Andersen Renew and spent over $45,000 with them to replace all of our windows. HUGE LOSS for FAS!!! Such a disappointment that their customer service is so poor. They should take lessons from Andersen Windows.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate your patience along the way! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We had FAS install some windows in our riverfront condo that we had. Then when we bought our new home on the water, we contemplated on what we were going to do for hurricane season, and decided on putting in hurricane windows and sliders. We wanted to go back to FAS because our first experience with them was excellent. We requested for the same installer. We absolutely love both the sales rep and the installer. We used them for both homes and we're familiar with the way they do work and how meticulous they are. Everything was fine, except we had a dining room window that had to be made two different times as they kept messing up on the size and the placement of the lights. And then, the third time that they made it, it was broken transit. We had to go through a hurricane with the windows not secured in permanently on that window side because of that faux pas. But other than that, the windows turned out beautifully.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback! We're so happy you're enjoying your new door! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We had three window companies come out and the salesperson of FAS Exteriors, Dave, knew what he was talking about and it really helped us make a decision. But the cost was really high but then we realized it wasn't so bad after all. We got a pocket slider door for going out to our pool enclosure and the quality's excellent. The installer was also awesome, meticulous and did an excellent job. We were so pleased with him and he also had a helper with him. I've never seen anybody do work like he did. He cared about what he was doing.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I work for FedEx Freight and when I made a delivery for FAS I asked them about installing windows in my house. The sales rep was very good and I was pleased with him coming out and showing me the thing where they put the light up there then it transfers the heat through the window. I could physically feel the difference between the different windows. It was basically the changing factor because originally I was going to go with Lowe's or Home Depot because those were cheaper.

However, I wished they would have cut the little trim pieces that go around the window a little bit further over the edge. Doing that would have required less caulking to fill in. There were a couple that they did that way but the other ones they cut with more of a 3-inch to a half-inch gap which I filled with caulk. But it's not a big issue and they did a good job with the rest of the work that they did. I'm happy with the quality of the windows and the work and I liked my experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad you are enjoying your new windows! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Our whole house was done by FAS, all nineteen windows. The salesperson that came here was very knowledgeable, and he kept in touch with us. The installers were exceptional, too. We ordered full screen windows, but when installation came, they only brought and put in half-screens. But they’re rectifying that. They came back with some full screens and we’re still waiting on three of those.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

One of my employees knew I was looking for a good window installer, and since he had seen FAS Exteriors' work, he told me to check them out. I then purchased 16 windows in a few different sizes from them. I knew the manufacturer of the windows from a previous experience, so I knew it was a good product. The salesperson from FAS was great. He came out when he said he was coming out and he stayed in touch. The installation guy was a true professional. He's been doing it most of his work life. So, he knew exactly what he was doing and he did a great job. I highly recommend FAS to anyone that's looking for windows or doors. My experience with them was good from beginning to end.

FAS Windows & Doors

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I wanted a door that I can put a dog door in it but it was where a French door would be...so I needed a partial French door. I had been looking for a long time and FAS Exteriors carried a product that had an unusual configuration. They helped me in the way I wanted and with what I wanted to do with this door. Their staff was very nice when I dealt with him, but towards the end, I felt like he dropped me. The installer was great, though.

FAS Windows & Doors

Mr. Schumann, Thank you for your feedback and review. We apologize for the extended time frame of your project and any bumps along the way. It was with great surprise that one of our partners would give you false information about the glass delay on your project. We're confident there was a misunderstanding. We reached out to the manufacturer and they responded with a written letter stating that there was indeed a glass delay on your project and apologized for the way their team member handled it. We regret that you received false information. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

It was a mess from the get-go. It took FAS four weeks to come out for the final measurement of the windows before they order it. I built my own wood shutters. I had most of the wood on site but didn't have the shutters all done which I’m legally allowed to do. I get a phone call two months into the project, before they even ordered the windows, that they need to get pictures of all my shutters before they order. I said, "That’s funny because the contract doesn’t say that,” then I was told it's a new policy. That doesn't make any sense. I said, “I don’t care about your new policy. The contract I signed says upon final inspection these shutters are supposed to be done.” But I gave them the pictures because they wouldn’t order the windows until they knew I had all of the stuff on site.

A few weeks later, I was dealing with another lady in the office. It was dumb stuff. She sent me a blank permit and told me to sign it. I said, “Well, I can appreciate what you’re trying to do, ma’am, but the bottom of the page clearly states that I affirm and clarify that all the information above is true and correct. Well, I’m not gonna sign a blank piece of paper. I don’t give people a blank sheet saying a bunch of lies." They got irritated that I made them go back and forth to fill out the permit application before I signed it. Am I just gonna sign my name and expect them to do their job properly? Obviously they were failing miserably at this point.

So then they finally get the permit and come out and do the windows. The guys who came out burnt a couple of the windows with the screwdriver! They hit the windows with the black part of the screwdriver and left black burn marks where the screws were. I had to call them back out to bring other screens for that. Then they brought me a bag of buttons that go into all the screw holes that I had to put in myself because I did not pay them enough with an absurd amount of money for it. I still have several parts of the windows that I need to put the buttons in, and it doesn’t cover up their entire screw-up because they drilled the hole, moved the drill over, and now there’s extra drill spots around the hole. They completely botched my entire job and I’m so irritated with them. I’m at the end of my wits with them.

The worst part was with the lady that I was speaking with while the windows were being ordered. I called her and said, "I need to get an updated schedule. When are we gonna put these windows? We’re looking at three and a half months now.” She’s replied with “Simonton let us know that they ran out of glass.” That was a blatant lie. Simonton has an entire warehouse full of glass. This here is a window company.

I then go online and I Google to my little heart's content for two hours trying to figure out where Simonton’s factory is. I find it in West Virginia. I call the customer service number but the lady at Simonton won’t give any information without a P.O. number. I called back to FAS to get the P.O. number, and the lady at FAS literally laughed out loud at me and said that was the most absurd thing she’s ever heard.

It was a ridiculous experience overall. As soon as I signed the contract I felt like it was a bad idea all the way around, and there’s consistent excuse after excuse after excuse. They screwed everything up and I'm glad it's over. I would appreciate it if they had just done it right the first time and not lied to me, flat out told me six to eight weeks. That means at the end of the eighth week the windows should be installed. They did it in 12 weeks. The whole thing with FAS was a sham.

FAS Windows & Doors

Mr. Hall, thank you for your feedback and review. We apologize for the extended time frame of your project and any bumps along the way. Thank you for having our Field Supervisor, CJ out yesterday to discuss next steps with you. We have received all products and will be coming out on Friday Dec. 23rd to finish up your installation. We appreciate your patience and look forward to completing your project to your complete satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

In May 2016, I called FAS. Then I met the FAS salesman. I ordered all new windows, and a French door for the rear dinette (lanai). I wanted grids in all windows. The first FAS salesman I met in May 2016 stated he does not like grids in windows, he refused to order a bathroom window, he refused to order windows and rear PGT door for the rear dinette (lanai), he refused to order sculptured grids, he refused to order grids for the French doors, and he refused to order an available tan color for the six window sashes.

Against my will, I was forced to have colonial grids on white sashes. The second salesman I met, which was in June 2016, discovered that three of my ordered windows had no grids. He then was able to resolve this by ordering grids for these three windows. He also ordered grids for the French patio doors. He also ordered a bathroom window. He also ordered windows and with grids for the rear dinette (lanai). He also refused to order a rear PGT door for the rear dinette, (lanai). With FAS, I was refused diagrams and descriptions of all of the ordered windows.

With FAS, I was refused an explanation and photos of what the French doors would look like. A fantastic window installer came in September 2016. Two different windows had obvious scratches. FAS so far has refused to do anything about that. One window installed in the front dinette was one I did not order being a much lower quality window of a much lower cost and not an energy star. But it had its own permit. Since it had its own permit, the window inspector did not flunk the permitting for having a much lower quality window at a much less cost than what I had ordered.

FAS initially denied I had a much lower quality window at a much lower cost, and with its own permit. After much insistence on my part, after FAS talked to the window installer to make sure I wasn't lying, and after I sent a photo of the label of this much lower quality window to FAS, then FAS reluctantly ordered a replacement window. This was the much higher cost window that I originally ordered. The window installer said to me and to FAS that I could have a brand new rear PGT door for my rear dinette, (lanai). In September 2016, FAS ordered a rear PGT door for my rear dinette, (lanai). FAS refused to send me a photo of this ordered PGT door.

The rear dinette, (lanai), had five obviously bent and damaged screens on the windows. The French patio doors were reversed from the original order. They open into the wrong side, opening right into the rear dinette table. They were to open on the right side into the open pathway into the rear dinette, (lanai). I never before knew a door company would order doors to open into a dinette table preventing passage. That's like ordering doors to open into a wall. The left French patio does not close as the frame seems bent.

Reluctantly, in September 2016, FAS ordered two new French doors. For the three months while waiting for the rear dinette PGT door, replacement front dinette window, and for the replacement two French doors, FAS refused to have a person come out and look at the two scratched windows and bent and damaged screens. Finally, after three months of numerous calls to FAS, a salesman will come out on 13th December, 2016 to look at the two scratched windows and bent and damaged screens. If I can convince FAS to replace these two scratched windows and five damaged screens, then it will take another three to four months or longer before these replacements come.

Very likely, this $15,291 project, (of which I put $10,000 cash down), to install two French doors, and to replace one garage window, two eyebrow windows, three front dinette windows, three bedroom windows, one bathroom window, six rear dinette, (lanai), windows, and install one rear PGT door, will take close to a year, or may take even longer. The main problem is chaos and confusion in the FAS production department, no FAS quality control of the received products (to make sure there are no received damaged products), there is no one to call to report a scratched window or a bent and damaged screen, and there is complete lack of cooperation of FAS for initially ordering any of their products, and for resolving any problems after install.

Other than that, I am very happy with the brand new windows. I am sure I will be very happy with the soon to be replaced two French doors, and front dinette window, and soon to be installed rear PGT door. I will be thrilled once the two scratched windows and five bent and damaged screens are replaced in several more months. Then FAS will get the balance I owe them. I will pay FAS for the finished work. FAS customer **.

UPDATED ON 12/26/2016: Part Two: (see my previous review of which over 650 plus people have read it so far; with the position I had working with President George W. Bush, I am extremely influential in my state and in the White House; I guarantee that my series of unfortunate events with FAS Windows and Doors are well known.) I first met the FAS Windows and Doors salesman in May 2016. Now it is the end of December 2016. My FAS saga continues on and on.

The main problem is that there is no quality control with Terry **, FAS Production Supervisor. There is no one assigned to examine a received product to see if it is received damaged, or stored damaged, or if it is received as being the wrong product ordered. This is reckless and careless of FAS. A damaged or a wrong product should not be installed. But I had damaged products installed. I had the wrong product installed. I had the wrong opening doors installed. I ordered grids and grids are missing.

This is not the fault of the window installer. There is no one is assigned at FAS to examine what had been installed to see if there are any issues. Post installation of a customer's home: the five main issues for a FAS examiner would be: (1) Is there a scratched window installed? (2) Is there a damaged screen installed? (3) Are the doors ordered installed opening the right way or the wrong way? (Due to production and not due to the installer.) (4) Are the ordered products installed or are products installed that are not the actual products ordered? And (5), if grids are ordered, are there actually grids in the windows?

There is no one assigned at FAS to resolve a scratched window or a damaged screen problem. If you are able to report a scratched window or damaged screen to FAS, nothing will be done for a very long time until you complain so much for several months, then FAS Windows and Doors finally gives up and reluctantly resolves your problem. FAS often does not return your phone calls. Silence is the motto of FAS Windows and Doors.

After three months of trying and trying, finally the field supervisor CJ came and verified that I have two scratched windows and six damaged screens. CJ is excellent. I recommend him highly. These window and screen replacements hopefully will arrive sometime in 2017, maybe February? Maybe March? You never know until the very last minute when FAS is suddenly ready to install.

Fortunately I am retired and very flexible with my time, in between traveling to the White House. The fantastic window and door installer came December 23rd, 2016. I recommend him highly. After seven months of patiently waiting, I am very pleased with the just installed new and very expensive PGT rear dinette (lanai) door. It is beautiful. But FAS is quite reluctant to order this wonderful PGT door for some very mysterious reason.

The first very expensive French doors opened incorrectly. After three months of patiently waiting, the replacement French doors just installed were the wrong doors ordered: these doors open correctly but now there are NO GRIDS. I need new french doors, again. Is third time ordering a charm? After three months of patiently waiting, the replacement front dinette window number three just installed may be wrong window ordered because it is missing a label. I have no idea what kind of window it is: is it the window I ordered? Or is it a different window than what I ordered? (Like before.)

I would like the installation of a window or door that I ordered then receiving something entirely different, especially if it is not an Energy Star lower quality window. I cannot trust FAS Windows and Doors anymore. If you order from them, you better make sure that the received windows are not scratched, that there are no damaged screens, that the doors open correctly, that you have the correct products ordered, and if you order grids, that grids are actually in the windows. My FAS problems have not yet been solved. I have learned to be very patient with FAS. I have spent more than $15,000 with FAS. FAS has been paid in full.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I purchased nine windows from FAS Exteriors. The products are great and although there was a little bit of delay in the timing, the salesman was fantastic and was really good about following up. Part of the reason for the delay was that we had an unusual window that had to be fitted. But overall, it was a great experience. Everybody that I dealt with like the sales guy and the installers were all friendly, courteous and professional.

FAS Windows & Doors

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

When I called FAS Exteriors, my husband was standing by and he couldn't believe how courteous, nice and efficient the receptionist was. We scheduled for somebody to come out. The windows we got included bay windows and one that was from floor to ceiling, and they all added up to eight pieces. With their sales guy, Jeff, the purchase went very easy. He was so accommodating when he came and talked to us which was good. He was great and upfront. A lot of our experience was so nice. Their rep constantly stayed in touch with me and informed me of when the windows would be arriving in our location and let me feel that I wasn't a forgotten client.

We had the option for a Sunday installation which we agreed to, however, that didn't work out so well. FAS Exteriors just bought another company in Winter Park and these additional crew have not worked for them before. They showed up but they evidently didn't know what they were doing. When I called the very next day, I told FAS we wanted to have Nick and his crew to come do the installation because Nick was the one who came to do the measurements. Nick and his crew were great and they did a really good job. When the inspector came, he told me that they used the top-end stuff. Overall, FAS Exteriors was wonderful and in a year, we'll probably call them back to do a sliding glass door.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad you are enjoying your new windows and that they are meeting your expectations. We understand that you had some questions about the foam around the window during the installation process. Thank you for allowing us to address those questions/concerns. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I was going down to Orlando and felt it was a good opportunity to stop in at the FAS Windows & Doors store and take a look. We purchased a window and their people had to measure it all the way to make sure that what they replaced it with was the correct size. They had nice sales people and were definitely hard workers. But I have one issue I was concerned about. They were supposed to caulk the windows and when I looked at the caulking they put in, it wasn't enough to fill the gap. I didn't particularly like that. I called for one of them and he put some more spray in there. But even then, it wasn't enough.

Then on my front windows, I told him that I could still see right through the window, right through the gap. So, he came back to seal it a second time but I could still see the gap through. I took a long matchstick and put it right through from inside to outside. They don't like putting a lot of caulk in there. Now I can't see through the window anymore because they put the framing around it. If there's still a gap, I can't see it. But the windows look good and are working nicely. Their motto down there is to do it as cheap as possible. They have corner mold and beads they put around doors and windows. One of the corner beads just came loose and had left cracks on the walls though that's not totally FAS Windows & Doors' fault.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you love the products! Thank you for your repeat business.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I've used FAS Exteriors twice. I like how they work and they're very organized. I purchased replacement windows from them. They were great and beautiful. However, their sales rep didn't take his time either measuring or explaining things to me. He was not the positive experience in the whole thing. He rushed through everything, was not detailed enough, and didn't really answer questions clearly. On the other hand, their installers were terrific. In fact, they had to go back over the salesperson's work to ensure that the size of the windows were correct. Overall, they were professional, except for the sales element, and they have great product with quality installation.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you're happy with the products and service. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I hear about FAS more than any other company and when I talked to the salesman, I was pretty impressed with the setup. So, I trust them more than anybody else. The salesman explained the deal and was very straight to the point and honest, which I appreciate. I purchased customized windows and I've talked to him about doors also. FAS sells expensive doors, which are out of my league, and he was straight upfront and didn't try to push it to me. He just let me know the different direction on the doors.

Only one guy came out to do the installation but he did a great job. He was conscientious and hard-working, and we liked him a lot. I'm 100% happy with everything FAS did. The only minor complaint I would have is that it took them longer to get the product in and the installation set up than what they specified, which is fine. It was a great experience. I'm glad I went with FAS. It was well worth the cost.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for the positive feedback. We're glad you're happy with the product and service. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Our electricity bill was one of the main reasons why we decided to switch windows because we had aluminum windows before. In addition, since we're expecting our first child in December, we wanted safer windows as well. We got some picture windows and regular slide windows from FAS. They were middle grade windows, the ones right below the hurricane double pane. We liked the price and the warranty of FAS. If we ever decided to sell the house, these carry over to the next buyers. The windows we purchased were measured and made to fit, but they were standard size windows.

The sales rep came out to the house, showed us the little samples of the different types of windows, and was friendly and upbeat. He was open and honest with us about the price, and compared this with that of other retailers like Home Depot. Then he also mailed us the little magnet, and that was cool and good because it was personalized with the letter.

Likewise, the installation team were awesome. It took them two half days to do the installation, and I wish it would have been done in one day, but I understand they had other schedules. They came out, did the work quickly, and then cleaned up after themselves. They brought their own vacuum, broom, and other cleaning stuff, which was pretty cool. They didn't leave a mess. Then they took the old windows, which was awesome.

The items we received are great. Other than being newer, they're better than the windows that were installed a few years ago from another company by the previous owners of the house. Furthermore, our electricity bill has gone down by about $40 to $50, and that's been a huge plus. Overall, the FAS guys have been friendly and fast, and their product was reasonably priced and good in quality, and we're happy with FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are very disappointed to hear of your experience with our representative and this certainly does not represent the way we do business. We have used your feedback constructively and internally addressed your concerns. We truly apologize.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Called on them to quote my house. Sales guy came out and spent 10 minutes measuring 37 windows. Send an email to me wanting me to contract with him with a handwritten quote. Ask for a formal quote to review both the scope and terms, he said that all I needed. When I said, "No, please write it up per the scope." He knew there was no switch and up charges down the road for windows he never measured for. I would be careful to get a complete scope of work before contracting with FAS Windows. Every other company did and why I am going with Window World.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're so glad you are happy with our products and service!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

We had a bad experience with a previous door installer/retailer. Then we heard good things on the radio about FAS so we went to see them in their warehouse and we were impressed with both the product and the people. We bought two sets of French doors and had them installed. We were also able to customize our lock and glass selection, as well as the decorative treatment of the doors and it worked very well. Their sales rep was very personable. He called in response to our call to set up a time and he arrived on time. He was very knowledgeable and very enthusiastic, and we very much enjoyed the opportunity to talk to him. He was certainly the first contact in our home that helped convince us to try them out.

Their installation team was very good and very professional. They came out, measured, and they showed up with the doors and the doors fit, which was nice. They had the materials they needed and they cleaned up afterwards. All in all, we were very pleased with the experience. They did a great job. FAS has a higher price but there was great value. Their quality’s terrific. They did a great follow-up as well, after the work was done. They called and verified if we were satisfied with the work, up to the permit inspection. They took care of taking off the labels and so forth, which were required to be let down for the permit.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad we could help and that you're happy with the outcome! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

After about five companies who came in, FAS were the ones I went with. They were made here, which I was pretty happy with, and they were made in-house. Also, the gentleman didn't try to oversell me on it which was what the other four companies did. I'm also in sales and I didn't like the way they did the sales job. But for the FAS guy, it was pretty much truthful and he didn't give me any BS on the pricing. He came in, said their best price, explained what they did and guaranteed that they were going to stick by their product. He seemed trustworthy and told me what I wanted to hear. He did a very good job and sold me on it.

I bought 3x5 windows for my mom's house and the quality was good from my mom's point of view. The installer had 5 holes that he needed to fill with seven windows and he did an outstanding job. I like the quality of putting everything in and that he cleaned up his mess. He even did me a favor by taking the sliders in the back with him. I wasn't even there during the installation. I handled everything over the phone and went over after he's done installing them which took just one day. Then the county came over because it had to be approved and they signed off on it. So Mom's happy and I was happy. I'm going to work on my house next year where I'm also going to get windows done and I'm probably going to use the same company.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased you're happy with our products and service! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

FAS Exteriors weren’t the cheapest but I thought they had the best service and product. Their sales team member was excellent and very helpful. He made an appointment and came to my house. I told him what I was interested in and went through all the products. After I got an estimate, I went to their showroom and looked at the product that I thought I might like and made a decision on it. I was able to check there and select what product that I wanted. I had all new windows and three sliding doors since my entire house was re-done. The installation team was fabulous and the quality of the items so far is excellent. I was going for quality products, quality installation, and the labor and FAS is excellent. They gave a lifetime warranty on the product as well as on the labor. There’s a lot of warranty that one can get on a product but then they charge $300 to come and change the window, but not with FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you love your new windows and door! Thank you for the referrals!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I needed the Simonton windows so I looked it up and found that FAS Exteriors had them. I got the Simonton windows and the PGT door from them and they were customized. Their sales people were very good, knowledgeable and patient too. I got everything in order. The installers performed as well. The only problem that I had was the PGT door came in scratched. They replaced it three times so I had to wait about a month for them to get the sliding doors corrected. Everything besides that was fine. I like the products and they are of very high quality. I did the actual research and knew what I was getting. I asked the right questions, and FAS Exteriors performed. I have recommended the company to several people in my community.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your windows. Thank you for the referral! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

In 2008 or 2007, I had FAS Exteriors do our windows. They put some foam in the inside and the way they cropped it and everything on the outside was kind of sloppy. We only did half of the house and I had 5 windows left. So, I called them recently because I wanted to make sure the windows all look the same. They were also the only ones who would show up and give us a bid. Coincidentally, I had the same salesman for both times. He was great and I've recommended him to somebody else. I needed some specialized work done with one of the windows for it to be installed and he recommended somebody who did a great job. The second installation team was different but was fast.

The quality of the windows is good. However, they're very heavy and hard to open. I tried to get FAS to come out and do some maintenance on them but I never could get that done. I have recommended FAS Exteriors to my daughter and I got a $100 gift card in the mail for that because she bought a big sale.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy you're pleased! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I got about 25,000$ worth of FAS windows & doors for my parents. The company's commitment sounded like something I could live with so I purchased from them. We live on a second story with two-floor foyers where there was a huge window up on what would be the second floor which was a tremendous amount of work for them to put it. But they said there would be no problem when I asked them to, so they did it. Overall, I've had excellent service, better than I could have ever imagined. I appreciate everything they did for us.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with our products and service! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 26, 2016

FAS Exteriors did a very good job with my windows. They went above and beyond what I expected. The guys they sent were very careful with what they were doing and very friendly. My windows are excellent and I love them. I was surprised about how good they are.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a great experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I liked the guy I talked to at FAS Windows & Doors. He was straightforward. He came to the house and spent around an hour there. We bought the vinyl glass windows for our house. They were all made to fit our house and replaced the existing windows that we had. Everything was so easy and trouble-free. I already recommended them to some friends that just moved to Dunedin.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your windows. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 22, 2016

We had heard that FAS Exteriors was pretty good and we got their guy to come out. He seemed pretty professional and the pricing was decent so we got their triple pane gas-filled windows. Our experience was all positive and I would recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're very disappointed that your expectations weren't exceeded. This isn't the way we do business and we're sorry this happened to you. We are taking the proper action to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Original review: July 18, 2016

We were looking to put windows in our house and we were recommended to look at FAS by someone my husband works with. FAS had a high rating on the Consumer Report, on Angie’s List and they were a medium quote. When we went to the building to look at the windows, we liked the gentleman that was there that explained how they work. We were happy with our sales team member to begin with, and we needed to add some more windows afterwards. We contacted him and he gave us partial information back on a quote. We tried to get him again and we were never able to get a resolution. My husband had sent emails but he never got back with us.

My husband took the inquiry up higher and higher, and we got a “Well, I’m sorry, too bad.” So we had the other windows put in by another company which was Window World. We’ve been very happy with Window World and found out that we did not really get complete information with the FAS Windows, exactly like we did on the Window World. But we got other information on FAS that we didn’t get when Window World did that first quote.

At this point, we’re not very dissatisfied with FAS. The installation team, the office team were very good, but our salesperson, and even with the people that we tried to escalate the issue to, we were not getting the answers. Even at the top level, they just said, “Oh, I’m sorry about that,” and no follow-up. It was disappointing, considering that we were really happy with the crew that came out and did the work.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying your new windows. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2016

FAS was very receptive. They did what we wanted with the front windows that we purchased. The sales rep was very nice. He answered all our questions and took care of everything. Everything that he said, like the time that it would take for them to come and for someone to come in and inspect before the windows would be installed, was correct. The installation was done in no time, which surprised me. They were able to put and fit windows in so fast, so I was very happy with that. Their installers told us how to care for the windows, so that was very informative. I would do it with them again if I needed new windows.

FAS Windows & Doors

Original review: July 3, 2016

We were looking to put windows in our house and a person my husband works with recommended we look at FAS Exteriors. We looked at three different companies but decided to go with FAS because they had high ratings on Consumer Report and Angie’s List, and they gave us a medium quote -- not the lowest, not the highest. Also, when we went to their showroom to look at the windows we liked the gentleman there that explained how they work.

We're really happy with the FAS crew that came out and did the work. However we're very disappointed in the salesman. We needed to add some more windows afterwards so we contacted him and he gave us partial information back on a quote. We tried to get him again and my husband had sent emails but he never got back with us.

My husband took the inquiry up higher and higher, and we got a “well I’m sorry, too bad” and they didn’t seem to follow up or care. So we had the other windows put in by another company Window World and found out that we did not really get complete information on the FAS Windows exactly like we did on the Window World windows. However we did get other information on FAS that we didn’t get when Window World did their first quote so it kind of balances out, and we're able to get response very nicely from the office person who helped us worked through our electric company OUC who needed information for us to give to them to get rebates on windows for using energy-saving windows. We weren’t able to do that on the computer but the person in the office had a relationship with the person at OUC and she took care of it for us.

Also when I called FAS after I found out that the screw was not put in properly when the window was installed so it was preventing the window from moving to where it needed to move to, FAS sent somebody out who looked at it and was able to fix it. So at this point we’re not very dissatisfied with FAS and they probably would be one of our two recommendations. But we would tell whomever we recommended them to that we were really happy with the installation team, the office team was very good, but our salesperson and even the people up the hierarchy whom we tried to escalate our issue to were disappointing. My husband even told them we do realize that it was a much smaller order as it was only three instead of ten windows but we’d like our questions answered and we did not get any answer.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled you love your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: June 1, 2016

When I first moved here which was back in the late ‘70s, FAS was frequently advertising and we thought we had liked what they said about their windows. We became fascinated over the years except that we had not called them until last November. I’m very much satisfied with their materials and workmanship, and I was able to customize my order as well. The sales team were very pleasant, understanding and outspoken. The installation team was very professional and friendly. I’m very well pleased with the quality up to this point and I’m getting good results with my utility since the windows have been installed. I have made and seen a great change since I have the new windows in.

FAS Windows & Doors Company Profile