toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We love hearing from our customers and are glad you are happy with the product! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2016

My husband went window shopping and spoke with several companies that install windows. He chose FAS because they were able to answer many questions that the others couldn't. For example, when he talked with Sears and a couple of other companies about the tint in the windows, they could never tell him exactly what the tint was and how dark it was going to be. FAS came forward with all the information that we asked for and satisfied us completely. They were also very courteous and friendly.

The installation team was fast, neat, and thorough. They were in and out without a problem. They didn’t create any mess for us and took care of everything. When we are inside and the wind outside is blowing, we never hear it even when it's blowing between 35 and 42 miles an hour. We're completely satisfied with their work and they’re going to put in our front door as well. We've recommended FAS Exteriors to friends.

I've used FAS Exteriors twice. I like how they work and they're very organized. I purchased replacement windows from them. They were great and beautiful. However, their sales rep didn't take his time either measuring or explaining things to me. He was not the positive experience in the whole thing. He rushed through everything, was not detailed enough, and didn't really answer questions clearly. On the other hand, their installers were terrific. In fact, they had to go back over the salesperson's work to ensure that the size of the windows were correct. Overall, they were professional, except for the sales element, and they have great product with quality installation.

I hear about FAS more than any other company and when I talked to the salesman, I was pretty impressed with the setup. So, I trust them more than anybody else. The salesman explained the deal and was very straight to the point and honest, which I appreciate. I purchased customized windows and I've talked to him about doors also. FAS sells expensive doors, which are out of my league, and he was straight upfront and didn't try to push it to me. He just let me know the different direction on the doors.

Only one guy came out to do the installation but he did a great job. He was conscientious and hard-working, and we liked him a lot. I'm 100% happy with everything FAS did. The only minor complaint I would have is that it took them longer to get the product in and the installation set up than what they specified, which is fine. It was a great experience. I'm glad I went with FAS. It was well worth the cost.

Our electricity bill was one of the main reasons why we decided to switch windows because we had aluminum windows before. In addition, since we're expecting our first child in December, we wanted safer windows as well. We got some picture windows and regular slide windows from FAS. They were middle grade windows, the ones right below the hurricane double pane. We liked the price and the warranty of FAS. If we ever decided to sell the house, these carry over to the next buyers. The windows we purchased were measured and made to fit, but they were standard size windows.

The sales rep came out to the house, showed us the little samples of the different types of windows, and was friendly and upbeat. He was open and honest with us about the price, and compared this with that of other retailers like Home Depot. Then he also mailed us the little magnet, and that was cool and good because it was personalized with the letter.

Likewise, the installation team were awesome. It took them two half days to do the installation, and I wish it would have been done in one day, but I understand they had other schedules. They came out, did the work quickly, and then cleaned up after themselves. They brought their own vacuum, broom, and other cleaning stuff, which was pretty cool. They didn't leave a mess. Then they took the old windows, which was awesome.

The items we received are great. Other than being newer, they're better than the windows that were installed a few years ago from another company by the previous owners of the house. Furthermore, our electricity bill has gone down by about $40 to $50, and that's been a huge plus. Overall, the FAS guys have been friendly and fast, and their product was reasonably priced and good in quality, and we're happy with FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are very disappointed to hear of your experience with our representative and this certainly does not represent the way we do business. We have used your feedback constructively and internally addressed your concerns. We truly apologize.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Called on them to quote my house. Sales guy came out and spent 10 minutes measuring 37 windows. Send an email to me wanting me to contract with him with a handwritten quote. Ask for a formal quote to review both the scope and terms, he said that all I needed. When I said, "No, please write it up per the scope." He knew there was no switch and up charges down the road for windows he never measured for. I would be careful to get a complete scope of work before contracting with FAS Windows. Every other company did and why I am going with Window World.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're so glad you are happy with our products and service!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

We had a bad experience with a previous door installer/retailer. Then we heard good things on the radio about FAS so we went to see them in their warehouse and we were impressed with both the product and the people. We bought two sets of French doors and had them installed. We were also able to customize our lock and glass selection, as well as the decorative treatment of the doors and it worked very well. Their sales rep was very personable. He called in response to our call to set up a time and he arrived on time. He was very knowledgeable and very enthusiastic, and we very much enjoyed the opportunity to talk to him. He was certainly the first contact in our home that helped convince us to try them out.

Their installation team was very good and very professional. They came out, measured, and they showed up with the doors and the doors fit, which was nice. They had the materials they needed and they cleaned up afterwards. All in all, we were very pleased with the experience. They did a great job. FAS has a higher price but there was great value. Their quality’s terrific. They did a great follow-up as well, after the work was done. They called and verified if we were satisfied with the work, up to the permit inspection. They took care of taking off the labels and so forth, which were required to be let down for the permit.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad we could help and that you're happy with the outcome! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

After about five companies who came in, FAS were the ones I went with. They were made here, which I was pretty happy with, and they were made in-house. Also, the gentleman didn't try to oversell me on it which was what the other four companies did. I'm also in sales and I didn't like the way they did the sales job. But for the FAS guy, it was pretty much truthful and he didn't give me any BS on the pricing. He came in, said their best price, explained what they did and guaranteed that they were going to stick by their product. He seemed trustworthy and told me what I wanted to hear. He did a very good job and sold me on it.

I bought 3x5 windows for my mom's house and the quality was good from my mom's point of view. The installer had 5 holes that he needed to fill with seven windows and he did an outstanding job. I like the quality of putting everything in and that he cleaned up his mess. He even did me a favor by taking the sliders in the back with him. I wasn't even there during the installation. I handled everything over the phone and went over after he's done installing them which took just one day. Then the county came over because it had to be approved and they signed off on it. So Mom's happy and I was happy. I'm going to work on my house next year where I'm also going to get windows done and I'm probably going to use the same company.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased you're happy with our products and service! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

FAS Exteriors weren’t the cheapest but I thought they had the best service and product. Their sales team member was excellent and very helpful. He made an appointment and came to my house. I told him what I was interested in and went through all the products. After I got an estimate, I went to their showroom and looked at the product that I thought I might like and made a decision on it. I was able to check there and select what product that I wanted. I had all new windows and three sliding doors since my entire house was re-done. The installation team was fabulous and the quality of the items so far is excellent. I was going for quality products, quality installation, and the labor and FAS is excellent. They gave a lifetime warranty on the product as well as on the labor. There’s a lot of warranty that one can get on a product but then they charge $300 to come and change the window, but not with FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you love your new windows and door! Thank you for the referrals!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I needed the Simonton windows so I looked it up and found that FAS Exteriors had them. I got the Simonton windows and the PGT door from them and they were customized. Their sales people were very good, knowledgeable and patient too. I got everything in order. The installers performed as well. The only problem that I had was the PGT door came in scratched. They replaced it three times so I had to wait about a month for them to get the sliding doors corrected. Everything besides that was fine. I like the products and they are of very high quality. I did the actual research and knew what I was getting. I asked the right questions, and FAS Exteriors performed. I have recommended the company to several people in my community.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your windows. Thank you for the referral! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

In 2008 or 2007, I had FAS Exteriors do our windows. They put some foam in the inside and the way they cropped it and everything on the outside was kind of sloppy. We only did half of the house and I had 5 windows left. So, I called them recently because I wanted to make sure the windows all look the same. They were also the only ones who would show up and give us a bid. Coincidentally, I had the same salesman for both times. He was great and I've recommended him to somebody else. I needed some specialized work done with one of the windows for it to be installed and he recommended somebody who did a great job. The second installation team was different but was fast.

The quality of the windows is good. However, they're very heavy and hard to open. I tried to get FAS to come out and do some maintenance on them but I never could get that done. I have recommended FAS Exteriors to my daughter and I got a $100 gift card in the mail for that because she bought a big sale.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy you're pleased! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I got about 25,000$ worth of FAS windows & doors for my parents. The company's commitment sounded like something I could live with so I purchased from them. We live on a second story with two-floor foyers where there was a huge window up on what would be the second floor which was a tremendous amount of work for them to put it. But they said there would be no problem when I asked them to, so they did it. Overall, I've had excellent service, better than I could have ever imagined. I appreciate everything they did for us.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with our products and service! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 26, 2016

FAS Exteriors did a very good job with my windows. They went above and beyond what I expected. The guys they sent were very careful with what they were doing and very friendly. My windows are excellent and I love them. I was surprised about how good they are.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a great experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I liked the guy I talked to at FAS Windows & Doors. He was straightforward. He came to the house and spent around an hour there. We bought the vinyl glass windows for our house. They were all made to fit our house and replaced the existing windows that we had. Everything was so easy and trouble-free. I already recommended them to some friends that just moved to Dunedin.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your windows. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 22, 2016

We had heard that FAS Exteriors was pretty good and we got their guy to come out. He seemed pretty professional and the pricing was decent so we got their triple pane gas-filled windows. Our experience was all positive and I would recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're very disappointed that your expectations weren't exceeded. This isn't the way we do business and we're sorry this happened to you. We are taking the proper action to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Original review: July 18, 2016

We were looking to put windows in our house and we were recommended to look at FAS by someone my husband works with. FAS had a high rating on the Consumer Report, on Angie’s List and they were a medium quote. When we went to the building to look at the windows, we liked the gentleman that was there that explained how they work. We were happy with our sales team member to begin with, and we needed to add some more windows afterwards. We contacted him and he gave us partial information back on a quote. We tried to get him again and we were never able to get a resolution. My husband had sent emails but he never got back with us.

My husband took the inquiry up higher and higher, and we got a “Well, I’m sorry, too bad.” So we had the other windows put in by another company which was Window World. We’ve been very happy with Window World and found out that we did not really get complete information with the FAS Windows, exactly like we did on the Window World. But we got other information on FAS that we didn’t get when Window World did that first quote.

At this point, we’re not very dissatisfied with FAS. The installation team, the office team were very good, but our salesperson, and even with the people that we tried to escalate the issue to, we were not getting the answers. Even at the top level, they just said, “Oh, I’m sorry about that,” and no follow-up. It was disappointing, considering that we were really happy with the crew that came out and did the work.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying your new windows. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2016

FAS was very receptive. They did what we wanted with the front windows that we purchased. The sales rep was very nice. He answered all our questions and took care of everything. Everything that he said, like the time that it would take for them to come and for someone to come in and inspect before the windows would be installed, was correct. The installation was done in no time, which surprised me. They were able to put and fit windows in so fast, so I was very happy with that. Their installers told us how to care for the windows, so that was very informative. I would do it with them again if I needed new windows.

FAS Windows & Doors

Original review: July 3, 2016

We were looking to put windows in our house and a person my husband works with recommended we look at FAS Exteriors. We looked at three different companies but decided to go with FAS because they had high ratings on Consumer Report and Angie’s List, and they gave us a medium quote -- not the lowest, not the highest. Also, when we went to their showroom to look at the windows we liked the gentleman there that explained how they work.

We're really happy with the FAS crew that came out and did the work. However we're very disappointed in the salesman. We needed to add some more windows afterwards so we contacted him and he gave us partial information back on a quote. We tried to get him again and my husband had sent emails but he never got back with us.

My husband took the inquiry up higher and higher, and we got a “well I’m sorry, too bad” and they didn’t seem to follow up or care. So we had the other windows put in by another company Window World and found out that we did not really get complete information on the FAS Windows exactly like we did on the Window World windows. However we did get other information on FAS that we didn’t get when Window World did their first quote so it kind of balances out, and we're able to get response very nicely from the office person who helped us worked through our electric company OUC who needed information for us to give to them to get rebates on windows for using energy-saving windows. We weren’t able to do that on the computer but the person in the office had a relationship with the person at OUC and she took care of it for us.

Also when I called FAS after I found out that the screw was not put in properly when the window was installed so it was preventing the window from moving to where it needed to move to, FAS sent somebody out who looked at it and was able to fix it. So at this point we’re not very dissatisfied with FAS and they probably would be one of our two recommendations. But we would tell whomever we recommended them to that we were really happy with the installation team, the office team was very good, but our salesperson and even the people up the hierarchy whom we tried to escalate our issue to were disappointing. My husband even told them we do realize that it was a much smaller order as it was only three instead of ten windows but we’d like our questions answered and we did not get any answer.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled you love your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: June 1, 2016

When I first moved here which was back in the late ‘70s, FAS was frequently advertising and we thought we had liked what they said about their windows. We became fascinated over the years except that we had not called them until last November. I’m very much satisfied with their materials and workmanship, and I was able to customize my order as well. The sales team were very pleasant, understanding and outspoken. The installation team was very professional and friendly. I’m very well pleased with the quality up to this point and I’m getting good results with my utility since the windows have been installed. I have made and seen a great change since I have the new windows in.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're very pleased you love your French door!

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: May 31, 2016

We love our French doors from FAS Exteriors. We were able to customize them in such a way that we had a lot of slots in the windows that would open the doors. It's got excellent quality and the installer was a great young man. He came in and I thought there was no way he was going to knock out that bottom shelf but he did it. He cleaned it out and didn't leave a speck of dirt behind. We have seen the competition driving around town and we didn't like their contractor's truck. It's a little ruddy for us and we thought that was not a very good representation of what our product would look like when it was finished. But with FAS, we would recommend them to anyone.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your new patio door! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: May 25, 2016

Overall, my experience with FAS was very good. I’m very happy with the sliding glass doors we got from them. After we went to their showroom, they sent a salesman who did the measurements at the house. And then after that, they sent out the crew to install them. The crew was terrific, and they cleaned up as they went.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: May 20, 2016

We were doing our house over in Columbus and since we needed weatherproof windows, I got a large picture window, and a grouping of three, with the big one in the middle from FAS. They had to build it to fit the frame that was already there, so they built it right on the spot. Their sales team has been very helpful, careful and did a lot of measuring. In fact, the one who did the measuring made sure he was here when they were building it. I was pleased because they're so professional about it and the end product was very satisfactory. It's excellent and even the inspector who came said that it was well done.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you love your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2016

We got a pretty good deal from FAS and they also have the type of windows we wanted so we had them install very large windows in our house. We got all of the main windows and the quality is excellent because I even went to see some new houses sometime back and the quality of my windows was superior to what they were showing in new homes. The salesperson who came out was very knowledgeable and no one was pushy. I also like that I was kept in the loop as to where we stood in the process at all points in time so I knew what was coming. They also provided me with a list of what the next steps would be, who's going to call me and what I need to do to prepare. The installers too were courteous and very clean - didn't leave any residue. They ran a bit late but they notified me. I was very pleased with the process, the service and I love my windows. If I were to need windows again, I would definitely reach out to them.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled you're happy with your new patio door. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: May 15, 2016

FAS said they were family-owned and strove for perfection. I purchased from them a double-pane patio glass door which was custom-order as the door size was not standard. Their sales rep couldn't have been more professional and helpful. He communicated to me everything that was going on. Their office always gave status reports anytime there was movement, which was amazing. The installer was fast and explained how the door opens and closes. There was no re-measuring and the fit was perfect. No mistakes were made. The quality is beyond what I had hoped for. I had asked Home Depot to put in a front door similar to it and it was terrible compared to FAS.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new windows! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: May 12, 2016

I researched FAS online and everything looked satisfactory to me. Also, their price was good. So I purchased a bunch of windows from them and it was a very good product. The sales team was very helpful and answered all my questions. It worked like clockwork. They said that after I signed they would call me and they did. Follow up was also excellent, I had no surprises. Everything from start to finish was very good. Also, the installation team was very good, polite, neat, fast and on time. I was very pleased and would recommend FAS to anybody. All in all, they explained everything, and everything happened accordingly and in a timely manner.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are thrilled you're pleased with your new windows and French doors. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: May 9, 2016

FAS Exteriors' pricing was more competitive and the overall product reviews and ratings were better than the competitors. The sales team was knowledgeable, helpful and were patient enough to answer any questions ahead to make sure I was knowledgeable myself in getting the product that I want. It was a very good experience. The installation team was in and out as expeditiously as possible. They did all windows through my whole home and I also got a set of French doors. They were insulated, impact-rated, and hurricane-rated windows and doors. The actual size of the windows were all unique because it's an old home, so each window was a custom measurement. They are of very good quality and have held up good so far.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you're happy with your new patio door! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: May 4, 2016

We purchased a front sliding glass door from FAS Exteriors. The salespeople we dealt with were very knowledgeable and friendly, and they helped in every detail along the way. The quality of the item we have is excellent. Every step along the way was what we expected. We didn't have any problems with whatever including when the installers came. The time schedule was perfect. Everything was just exactly what we wanted.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're pleased with your new entry door. Thank you for choosing FAS and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: April 29, 2016

We were considering FAS several years ago, because over 20 years ago, we had windows and doors replaced, and I've never been really happy with them. The company that serviced them went out of business. So the next go-round, windows need replacing but the three external doors are bad, so we just went straight to FAS. They're not the cheapest outfit in town, but they were recommended very highly to us and we knew other people that had dealt with them. The installation people were top-notch. So everything we do from here on, I wouldn't even bother with anybody else. The doors fit beautifully and it was a complete job and the product was great.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new windows and doors! We really appreciate the kind words and your referrals! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: April 22, 2016

In 2006 my husband and I were looking at replacing the windows because the ones that the builders put in were really crappy. Builders don't always use the best materials. And being from up North and having good, sturdy, heavy windows, we knew what we wanted. I was talking to Mike, a gentleman at church, and he was familiar with FAS Exteriors and recommended that we get in touch with them. We did and we were very impressed so we decided to go with the windows. At the same time, we had talked about replacing the doors in a couple of years. When it came time for me do the doors, I just automatically called FAS.

Phil from sales was very nice, knowledgeable, and very personable. He's a great salesman, too. He's very nice to talk with, he tells what you're doing, doesn't pressure you and makes suggestions. Their installation team were very, very good and I had a lot of fun with them when they were here. One of the supervisors is from England who has a very heavy accent and he tells me what they were doing, what they had to do and why they had to do this and why they had to change this.

The sliding glass doors we had from them were big ones, as Mike had said too. I love its quality. The guy that came in to reinstall the security system was totally impressed. He said it was phenomenal and that he had never seen doors so heavy. Then the home inspector just looked at the doors and asked who did it so I told him. He said he doesn't really need to inspect them because he is evidently familiar with FAS products and the installation. FAS did a really good job and everything looks good. I have no complaints. It was a very professional and pleasant experience.

I made the recommendation on the website here for the whole community, and a lady came on asking for a referral to a company recommendations and I recommended FAS. Also, I referred them to my neighbors next door when they were getting ready to do their windows. But they decided to get the patio done with another company. The wife was later very, very upset about it. They were very unhappy and so when it came to doing their windows, they called FAS and they had their windows done by them. That goes to show FAS have a good product.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy you are enjoying your new windows! We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: April 20, 2016

I liked the products that FAS Exteriors had and bought the PGT from them. The sales team and installation team were all very good. So far, the quality of the products is good and I haven’t had any issues.

FAS Windows & Doors

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your new windows! Thank you for trusting in us and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: April 13, 2016

The FAS rep that came to the house was very straightforward and didn't try to play any games. He told me about the product and any recommendations he had based on the structure of my home and my particular circumstances. He gave me instructions on how to follow through and phone numbers if I had a question. I did contact him later that same day with a question about something and he got right back with me and answered. I got windows for the house and the safety glass with the back-slider door and their price was very competitive - the quote I got was close to the best, if not the best quote.

The guy that was in charge of the installation seemed really knowledgeable and made sure he inspected, re-inspected and touched up everything that was done and kept everything clean to the point possible. He seemed really conscientious about making sure he did a good job and not throwing stuff up, and as a homeowner, I really appreciated that greatly.

The only issue I have is that because my windows are so tall, when I close the bottom window the top slides down a bit. I have to get a ladder to reach up and push the top section of the window back up so I can then lock it again. Now that they've been in for a bit, they don't lock as much but I've figured out a system and I am happy with them. I was overall satisfied and happy with the experience and I've already recommended FAS to a couple of people.

FAS Windows & Doors Company Profile