2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Servicing Orlando & Tampa only

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5

FAS Windows & Doors is the largest volume window and door dealer for residents in Central Florida. Our commitment to provide our customers with the highest quality products is backed by founders Ernie and John Wilding. We want to earn your trust and hope you give us a call today!

FAS Windows & Doors Learn More

FAS Windows & Doors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FAS Windows & Doors?

Original review: May 28, 2020

The team was very careful and helpful with the alarm system details. At this time we are very satisfied. The Simonton windows seem of high quality. This was a big job over 2 weeks and the team of 3 led by Robin was on time and competent.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We certainly appreciate your business and are thrilled you're loving your new windows!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We were happy from the very beginning. Our salesman Stewart was very knowledgeable and gave us good advice. The installation team under the direction of DuJon ** did a great job with installation and cleanup. We couldn't be happier. Our home is quieter and stays at a more constant temperature. Very good investment! We would recommend FAS to anyone looking to replace windows and doors. A big thank you to everyone at FAS. Bob & Jackie **

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are so thrilled you're loving your new windows!!! We look forward to serving you again!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

My wife and I took 3 years to find the right door. The big box stores all made promises and never kept one. Both HD and Lo failed to follow up. Even local companies did not listen or provide proper quotes. We were about to give up when my landscape design company owner recommended FAS. We drove to showroom and were immediately impressed with the service level. The entire process has been exceptional and the install of the door was flawless. We have a few minor attention to detail items to finish with final inspection but we are extremely happy with FAS. If we ever replace other doors or windows they will be tops on my list. I would recommend them to anyone I know.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Wow, your door is beautiful!!!!! Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have wood damage from a window leak. Instead of taking care of it I was told to call my insurance or the leak doctor. The window was never sealed properly on the top so water got in and rotted out the wood.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Good afternoon Mr. Tilaro, Your job was installed and completed by FAS Windows & Doors in 2009. We received a call from you 10 years later about water intrusion. When you spoke to the service department on 9/26/2019 we explained to you that we don't maintain caulking around the window frames and that is the homeowners responsibility. A leak this many years later isn't due to the integrity of the installation, that would be noticed right away. Caulking and general maintenance are not covered under any warranty.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We had used FAS about 10 years ago to replace our windows and everything went smoothly. One window had something break on it but it wasn’t major but the company said they provided 100% guarantee. When we went to replace a sliding glass door and entrance door we called FAS and the sales person came over and promised us, in retrospect, a really unrealistic expectation for what we are going to get. For starters, we were a bit shocked by the price. Over $5000 for a sliding glass door and $2000 for a door from the garage into the house. But I paid it. I really regret that decision.

They gave us a realistic timeline but then when the doors were installed, our $5000 sliding glass door does not unlock or lock without major difficulty. They sent someone to fix it but I was at work and one of my children let them in and out. Still the door just doesn’t lock. And if you can lock it, after struggling, it is a major hassle to unlock it. This would be extremely dangerous in the case of a fire or emergency. Not to mention, you would expect a $5000 door to work well. In the meantime they keep calling me about inspection, and I keep telling them that the door does not function properly.

Also the window problem...we were told by the sales person it would be fixed. They are now telling us that they are not responsible even though it came with a lifetime warranty. They are saying they replaced other windows in our house but not this one, which is a flat out lie. I do not trust this company any longer, and I am considering legal action about my new door that doesn’t work. I would avoid this company. Please do not make the same mistake I did, a very, very expensive mistake.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We regret to hear of your disappointment as total customer satisfaction is our #1 priority! Debbie our service manager has reached out to you by phone to help remedy your door locking issue. We appreciate your business and look forward to correcting this issue soon.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

2015 Install full house and pool area sliding door. I installed FAS Vinyl Security Glass windows throughout the house and a Sliding glass security door in the back pool. The sales experience was very informative and I was glad to hear about the many choices available to me. They were quick in the manufacturing of my order. Soon after the guys came to my house and in the same day installed all the windows and the sliding door. A couple years later we noticed a opening below one of the windows had formed and the next day a FAS guy not only fixed the window, but went to each and every other window to inspect them. It's now Aug. 2019 and I am so happy with my purchase. Air conditioning costs have dropped a lot per month and rooms which used to heat up from the sun are so much cooler.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new windows & doors, 4 years later!! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

FASWD installed 21 window improvements to my residential home; however only 5 windows were installed as per the Simonton Window specifications. Specifications filed, to get the county permit, requires "#8 x 2 1/2" minimum wood screw with 1.50" minimum embedment into wood". Due to the improper installation of the kitchen windows, I now have water damage to my floors. A contractor removed the cedar trim around all exterior windows and found 85% of window fasteners were not embedded in any framing and the ones that were are only embedded 1/2" in the framing. Photographs of the faulty installation was send to FASWD.

FASWD was notified immediately 1/2019; came out to home after numerous calls; and advised me to contact my insurance company and their insurance company. Now both insurance companies advised they do not insure "faulty workmanship". That Labor Warranty paper is just that paper with no needed or value. A complaint has been filed with the FL Dept of Business & Professional Regulation and soon in court.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Ms. Thompson, we maintain that the placement of the screws and the wall damage are two separate issues as evidenced in the photo attached. In the photo, the wood we installed during or before your last project in 2017 is still dry vs. the existing wood that clearly had existing water damage (above the window – denoting the wall had water issues not related to the windows). It should also be noted that all 3 of your window projects passed county inspection. FAS Windows & Doors is a licensed contractor and pulls permits on all projects to make sure every window is installed to code. If there were screw pattern issues, it would have been notated during the final inspections. We would have failed the inspection and corrected the issue immediately.

As stated in our previous response, a 3rd party will be contacting you regarding a review of the project and your claim.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We used FAS when we purchased new windows for our home and were very satisfied with the product and service. We chose FAS again when we purchased our new front door. Excellent service and product once again. Highly recommend them.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback!! We are thrilled you're loving your new windows and door! We really appreciate your business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My wife and I recently had 4 new sliding glass doors and 1 exterior hinged door installed by FAS Windows and Doors. Frank the salesman was great from the start. He was upfront and wasn't afraid to give his opinion when asked for, and he was fun to joke around with. Tammy our production scheduler was very easy to work with. She called when she said she would and answered my phone calls and was very responsive. The sliding glass doors we chose (Simonton) are high quality and great looking. They are heavy but open and close with ease.

Now, let's get to the installers. I was told by Tammy that I was getting the best sliding glass door installer... and lo and behold, I believe that's what I got! I can't say enough good things about James and his helper Joshua. These 2 guys worked 10 to 12 hours a day, nonstop, to get the job done in three days. I work in the construction business and I know good, hard workers when I see them. I could tell from the get go that James was very detail oriented and takes a lot of pride in his work. The finished product looks FANTASTIC. If I could find guys that care and takes pride in their work as much as these 2 do, I would have a lot less grey hairs. Needless to say I am very satisfied with FAS and their team I was given to work with. When I decide to have the 13 or so windows replaced at my house... I KNOW WHO I'LL BE CALLING!

FAS Windows & Doors response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so happy you're enjoying your new doors! Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

10/26/18 visited the FAS Windows & Doors showroom in Winter Park and ordered 9 windows plus 3 sliders, paying a 50% deposit. Was told it would probably take 4 days to install. 1/9/19 window installation by two men began; a professional job was done within 2-1/2 days. Prior to the installers departing, I noticed I could see 'light' from the bottom of the sliders that allowed cold air into the house - was told that once the county inspector visited, the trim would be installed & that would eliminate this problem.

The day after window installation, our check for the remainder 50% payment was cashed. 1/23/19 county inspector visited; then the phone calls came, asking for the survey to be completed but no mention when the molding would be installed over the screws in the sliders. We had to contact FAS to ask when they would finish the sliders by installing the molding. The soonest the molding can be installed is 2/22/19, a month after the county inspection. I wish I could of held part of the final payment until the molding was installed. I have the impression once full payment was received, my installation completion was not a priority. Speaking with the Customer Service Team resulted in being told that someone would be out sooner, probably within the week, to install the molding but that did not happen. Molding has been laying out in my screen pool area since 1/11/19 which is not something I like to look at. Windows are a good product.

FAS Windows & Doors response

Mrs. Long, We apologize for the delay in completing your project as total customer satisfaction is our main goal. There was a miscommunication between the installer and our service department as to who would be completing the trim. The installer has been contacted and he will be at your home tomorrow morning to complete your project. We appreciate your patience.

FAS Windows & Doors author review by Joseph Truini

FAS Windows and Doors is the largest volume residential door and window dealer in Florida. It was founded by a father and son team in 2005 and offers both replacement and new construction products.

• Live chat available: Customers can talk with a specialist through the company's live chat feature while browsing the website to find the products they need.

• Free Quotes: FAS offers free, fast quotes via their user-friendly website.

• No installation option: Consumers who plan to use their own contractor to install windows or doors can purchase products without installation services.

• Hurricane safe: The company focuses on Florida and sells products that meet requirements for hurricane safety.

• Free in-home consultation: An FAS representative will visit the customer's home to determine which products will best meet their needs prior to purchase.

• Life-sized models: Consumers can visit showrooms in Orlando or Tampa to see exactly how doors or windows work by opening, closing or walking through life-sized models of various styles and types of these products. Company representatives regularly exhibit at local home and garden shows, providing a relaxed, no-pressure way to view their products.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

FAS Windows & Doors Company Information