4.6/5 (12 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Author picture
Written by Courtney Hamar

About Elite Home Warranty

Elite Home Warranty offers home warranty plans for systems, appliances and a combination of both. Additional coverage is available for specialty items. Items are covered regardless of age. The company processes claims 24/7, and technicians can be at your home as soon as the same day. Service includes a 30-day workmanship warranty. Elite Home Warranty is available in 44 states and Washington, D.C.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Customizable coverage
    • Licensed and insured technicians
    • Add-on options
    • 24/7 claims

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • Coverage limits

Bottom Line

Elite Home Warranty offers coverage for home appliances, systems and a combination of both. Customizable coverage is available. Pricing starts at $41.99 per month at the time of publishing, with optional coverage add-ons.

Elite Home Warranty plans

Elite Home Warranty offers three home warranty plans and optional add-ons. It also gives you an option to make a customizable plan, which allows you to choose which appliances and items you want to cover. Plans are available for systems only, appliances only or both. You can apply online to receive an immediate, no-obligation quote. Plan pricing starts at $41.99 per month at the time of publishing.

Elite Home Warranty coverage

Elite Home Warranty offers three plans. Each includes white-glove service, with technicians sent to your home as soon as the same day.

• Elite Systems: This plan includes air conditioning, heating, electrical, plumbing and stoppage, water heater and garage door opener coverage. It starts at $44.99 per month.
    • Elite Appliances: The appliances plan covers your refrigerator, ice maker, water dispenser, clothes washer, clothes dryer, range, oven, cooktop, dishwasher, built-in microwave, garbage disposal and ceiling fans. It starts at $41.99 per month.
    • Elite Complete: This comprehensive plan covers everything in the systems and appliances plans and comes with limited roof leak repair coverage. It starts at $54.99 per month.
    • Optional coverage: Get optional coverage for your central vacuum, water filtration system, free-standing freezer and ice maker, swamp cooler, wine cooler, water softener, hot tub and premium appliances and systems.

If you’re looking for a fully customizable option, Elite Home Warranty offers plans where you choose which items to cover.

Elite Home Warranty costs

Elite Home Warranty starting plan prices range from $41.99 per month to $54.99 per month at the time of publishing. Service call fees range from $70 to $150. Factors that affect the cost are the plan price and any add-on coverages selected. Elite Home Warranty offers transparent pricing online, and you can get a customized quote in minutes.

Elite Home Warranty FAQ

Does Elite Home Warranty have a waiting period?

There is a 30-day waiting period. However, it may be waived if you have an existing home warranty with proof of current coverage.

How long are Elite Home Warranty contracts?

Contracts last for 12 months, beginning on the agreement's active date.

Does Elite Home Warranty have coverage limits?

There are no limits on the number of claims you can make; however, Elite Home Warranty does have payout caps per item and per category.

Can I use my own repair technician with Elite Home Warranty?

You can use your own technician as long as they are licensed in your state. Elite Home Warranty’s 30-day workmanship warranty will not apply if you use an out-of-network technician.

Where is Elite Home Warranty available?

Elite Home Warranty is available in all states except California, Florida, Illinois, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.

Is Elite Home Warranty legit?

If you’re looking for an appliance-only, systems-only or a combination home warranty plan, Elite Home Warranty may be a good option. With three base plans to choose from and add-on coverage, you should be able to find coverage that fits your needs. It’s important to note that coverage isn’t available in all states, and there are coverage limitations. As with any home warranty, you will need to weigh factors such as the cost of coverage and the risk of your appliances or systems breaking.

Elite Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

My experience with Elite Home was great. In my washer, water started pouring into the transmission. We had water everywhere. They sent somebody out ASAP. The next day, they proceeded to get a brand-new washer, had it delivered and had the old one taken out. Fastest service I ever saw. I was really impressed. A+ rating service. There was a guy named Nathan handling the case and he did everything. He followed up on everything. If there were any calls, he took care of them. He was right on it. Without him, I don't think it could have gone as smoothly 'cause he was checking the bases before checking them after and verifying everything.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Patricia, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I talked to the salesman at Elite Home Warranty and asked him all kinds of questions. After we got finished talking he had me sold. So far, they are doing what they say they are gonna do. I’m having my repairs done for my in-wall conventional oven that's not reaching the temps. The contractor looked at it last week and said the board was bad in it. They ordered the part. They called me yesterday and told me it came in and they'll be out tomorrow.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Kelvin, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I've signed up with Elite Home Warranty over a year ago, and I've had only positive experiences with the company. I've filed claims for my electrical wiring and my heating system, and the company sent their professionals to handle the repairs. I've been happy with their response and their willingness to pay for labor and parts.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Mable, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Elite Home Warranty is a great company. I am very impressed with the service that they have provided me with. The process of signing up was simple and I did not have to go through a lot of rigmarole to set up an account with them. I have had no complaints with the company so far, and I would recommend Elite Home Warranty to others.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Horace, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Everything's been fine with Elite. The only thing that’s a problem was they had a slight problem with the first installer coming out replacing. So, I just had to wait an extra day for them to find another installer with a reasonable price to change out a garbage disposal. Besides that, they were on top of it. They were on point with trying to get it resolved. The technician was great. He was very professional. He came in and told me how long it would take and what needed to be done.

I had AHS, and the service is definitely better with Elite. They were very attentive with letting me know each point what was gonna happen as far as the schedule and when the technician is gonna come out. Everything was straightforward. So, they were good on that part with customer service. The only thing is when they get the technician out here, I would think they should know the price point cost of the technician. They should be better with that.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Mark, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My home warranty with Elite Home Warranty saved my budget. I had two major repairs last year that would have cost me thousands of dollars but Elite Home Warranty footed the entire cost. I couldn’t have been any more satisfied with their work.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Sheldon, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I had a claim for my washing machine. The techs that came out were good. They responded quickly. I was pleased with their assessment. They made a recommendation and Elite followed their recommendation. It was an older machine, so they gave me a partial amount towards a new one. I appreciated that.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Pattie, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Elite Home Warranty is living up to what they say they will do. If one rep doesn't answer your question, they’ll transfer you to another one. They immediately answer. You’re not on hold for 15 minutes. They send out professionals and Christians. A repairman recently had my issue resolved and was only down there for a half an hour. He charged more than what I was told would be a service charge that I had to pay, but Elite Home Warranty paid the difference instead of me having to. In the future, if something goes wrong, they'll take care of me.

Elite Home Warranty response

Thank you Nancey, for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to provide our service to you and glad you are satisfied. Our goal is to continue to improve our coverage and service to provide a best-in-class experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best home warranty coverage and reliable service. Thank you very much for being a valued member.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Elite has been very thorough and they've been following through. But though the serviceperson is doing a good job, he's not very transparent. He thought he was supposed to come on Thursday but he was supposed to come on Tuesday. So he didn't come to my house until 8 o'clock at night on Tuesday. He said he was going to order the part and have it overnighted but we still don't have the part.

Other than that, Elite has called nonstop and kept me apprised of everything going on. Since I started my service, they've been on top of things and have answered every question. They’ve emailed me back my contract immediately when I called on a weekend.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I had a good experience with Elite. But I only had them for one day. I ended up going with a different company and the rep refunded me. He said, “I'm gonna go ahead and cancel the warranty.” And I saw the charge reverse on my bank account as soon as he said he was canceling it. So, it wasn't a bad process.

Elite Home Warranty Company Information

Ticker Symbol:
      EHW
      2020
      2715 Coney Island Ave. 3rd FL.
      Brooklyn
      NY
      www.elitehw.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: