3.7/5 (133 ratings)

About Electrolux Washers and Dryers

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We purchased an Electrolux EFLS627UIW washer Jan 2019. The recirculation pump was replaced Aug 2021, and is making the same noise now, 5 months later. We have a black grime buildup in the gasket that the monthly cleaning cycle does not address and it is near impossible to clean it by hand. I would not recommend this washer at all. It seems Electrolux didn't reengineering after the last lawsuit to correct this mold problem. I'll be selling this machine asap and buying another Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I purchased our unit about a year ago, it does not require ventilation so I was unsure what to expect. Turned out to be a great investment, the washer spins so fast on the rinse cycle that you could actually air dry most of your clothes in a timely manner. The dryer is self ventilating so it does blow warm air into the room it is situated in, so in very hot weather I could see that being an issue. I live in Tucson AZ so I'm no stranger to warm weather, even so it's really not that bad if you have an AC going, or willing to hang your clothes on a rack/line. Otherwise it's a great set, I put essential oils in the dryer when doing loads sometimes and it freshens up the house! If anything changes I'll update the review.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I bought an Electrolux washer and dryer, not even two years old, washer stopped working, followed repair protocol for a E11 signal, replaced 500.$ of new parts, still not working. Company declines any responsibility, tells me I will have to pay for my own repairs, and that is too bad for me! Offered a rebate if I wanted to buy a new machine! Can't believe this Electrolux fraud, stay away, I am outraged with them and strongly recommend to steer away from Electrolux.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have owned two sets of Electrolux Washers and Dryers and have the same problems with both sets. The dryer went out within 3 years of purchase. Both times, I supposedly had a warranty that was to last up to 3 years for parts. I called two weeks ago with the Platinum Star Warranty certificate in hand for this latest set. The service department was unable to find a service provider in my area initially and elevated the issue to another department who in turn was supposed to call me back with a resolution. I also suggested during the call that maybe they could just send us the part since we had an error code indicating that the problem was with the control board. I was told they could not do that until THEY determined what the issue was. Needless to say no one called me back.

I have tried to contact the number on the certificate several times since and finally reached someone today. That individual said I did not have the Platinum Star warranty coverage any longer as my warranty expired last year (2020). My certificate clearly states the effective date was 10/08/2018 through 10/09/2021 which I explained and was abruptly told that it must be through someone else. Again the contact number on the certificate is the number I called and have been calling. In addition, the individual argued that I hadn't called until 09/23/2021 so there was nothing they could do.

The funny thing is I have been trying the same contact number almost daily since no one was calling me back and was constantly directed to an extension with a message that stated that they were too busy with other customers to take my call and that I should feel free to call back some other time. The line then proceeded to disconnect with no option to request a call back or leave a message. So, this was the first day since the my initial call that I was actually able to talk with someone (after being on hold for 45 minutes of course). Bottom line is that it is not worth the price you pay for an Electrolux dryer. Based on my experience they don't last more than three years and the ability to get it serviced is nonexistent. My only recourse (for the second time) was to buy another washer and dryer set and trust me it isn't an Electrolux.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Four-year-old Electrolux washer (LuxCare Wash and Smart Boost) and dryer were in a house I purchased. My 10+ year old appliances in the previous house did a better job and had more choice in the controls. The washer doesn't allow me to decide which spin and soil settings I want with cold water, for instance. The dryer never cools off during the last few minutes; clothes come out warm and damp. Low heat might as well be no heat--I have quite a few things that are supposed to be dried on low but take hours in this machine. Again, my choices are dictated by what's already programmed in. I look forward to the day when I can buy new appliances and would never recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Going on 85 days without the use of a washer purchased in March 2021. Clothes are locked inside, E21 flashes. 4 repairman have worked on it, 3 sent from Electrolux. Electrolux is hard to get hold of and does not want to address the problem! They scheduled another worker to look at it on 9/20. Washer turned itself on, locked door and flooded laundry room, leaked to cellar below. Room and washer reeks of stagnant water, clothes have been ruined. Need Electrolux to make it right and replace this lemon of a machine!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We purchased this washer/dryer stacking set in 2018. The rubber seal on the door of this front loading washer is now filler with mold. The seal is designed so water gets trapped in the folds of the rubber seal. The interior of the seal is difficult access or clean. We were not aware at the time of purchase that Electrolux has a history of producing washers with this problem and that they have consistently refused to offer repairs or rebates. (Google Electrolux + mold.)

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We have the Electrolux ELFW4222AW washer, it is 8 months old, it displayed 2 different codes, 1 code the instructions in the manual are to call for service, the other code was for not draining and we corrected this ourselves by cleaning the pump filter, the other code relates to flooding and requires a service call. You can phone the 800 # but you can't get through to a person, so we emailed twice and auto reply states someone will get to you in 3 business days. No contact after 8 days, needless to say this will be my last Electrolux/Frigidaire appliance.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

The electronic components were defective and the dryer didn't work after 18 months. They sent service people out 4 times, none of whom could fix the problem. When you call them, their customer service people keep transferring you to someone else. Nobody you talk to has the least interest in solving your problem, only getting rid of you. Their protocols don't permit you to ever talk to a supervisor. We have been without a dryer for over a month. We have given up and will replace the dryer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We purchased top/bottom high end Electrolux washer and dryer, sold as no-shake good for second floor use. From the beginning, the spin cycle shook the house. The washer required 2 repair visits in the first year. But the real problem was year 2 when the dryer steam valve failed and water poured out overnight. By the morning, the brand new second floor flooring where it was installed was ruined, the kitchen ceiling underneath had partially collapsed and the kitchen floor was ruined. There was $35,000 of damage because we had just finished renovating the kitchen the year before. We called Electrolux which is impossible to reach. We had 40-50 minute online waits, promises by them to call back, and then nothing. I would never again buy Electrolux products.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information