Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

13 Electrolux Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2019

Super easy to use. Love "Nest-type" dial to selection options. Love spin dry. Love appearance. However, I would find it highly improbable one could place a stacked unit on a second floor without vibration. Steam option great in dryer, but unnecessary in washer (although I have a steam model for both appliances).

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They are HE and front loading. I couldn’t be any more pleased with the condition of anything I want to wash or dry. When I found the Electrolux brand, I was sold. They are a very old and reliable brand in vacuums. I knew I would be pleased owning other appliances of theirs.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The Electrolux is a beautiful set in my opinion. It does a very good job so far but I have only owned them for 3 weeks now. I like the touch button on-off and the different settings are easy to read. Overall I like the set.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is the best front loader washer we have ever used, we replaced our Whirlpool Duet after 13 years of use. The Electrolux out cleans and outperforms by a very large margin. The secret it seems is that it premixes the water and detergent before it enters the cleaning drum. Wow, less soap is used and cleaner clothes.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I would not waste my time on these appliances. I have trashed mine after two years. They do not live up to the hype. I purchased these from Sears and purchased the extended warranty. It takes a long time to get them serviced. The door leaked, clothes get caught in the filter in the dryer and twist and are hard to get undone. The washer finally would not spin and the steamer leaked in to the dryer and would not dry my clothes. Bad product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Within 3 years have had 7 repair calls..It takes a week to schedule a repair person, who never has the parts on hand so it requires another week to get parts, reschedule and hopefully fixed. All repairs have been done under warranty and extended warranty (thank god I got the extension). The service call center is nice enough as long as there is no problem. If a problem occurs they are of no use. The last occurrence is the pump going out leaving a washer full of water and clothes. 4 days to get an Electrolux repair person out who can't fix the washer nor can he get the door opened to at least drain it. The repair person told us he would be back in two weeks leaving the washer full. Stonewalled by customer service. I have filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs California.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased a 500 series model washer in February and now in September it is not working- apparently a problem w/ the computer, I will not know for another four days (when the repair person is scheduled to come). From this experience I would be very concerned about the reliability of this brand. When it works the machine does clean the clothes well. Just be aware that the brand may not be reliable. After 7 months and not heavy use I would not expect problems.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We bought an Electrolux Series 5 Washing machine in April of 2019. It worked beautifully for 2.5 months. Now no hot water or warm water goes into the machine no matter what cycle you choose. I called Electrolux which is owned by Frigidaire and they sent out a "certified" Electrolux repairman. He worked on the machine for over an hour and finally told me it need a new control board. After 10 days and not hearing from anyone I called both Electrolux and the repair folks for an update, came out but in the control board - still no hot or warm water.

Long story short - they have been out now 6 times - still no hot water or warm water but now Electrolux has taken the stance that the machine doesn't really have hot or warm water it's more like lukewarm water (WHAT???). The machine worked exactly like the manual said for 2 months and now I'm being told that there is no hot or warm water because that is the way the designed it... REALLY? Then why is there a "hot" and "warm" water temperature selection. We spent a lot of money on a machine that the company flat does not stand behind or is willing to repair under warranty. And when I did a review of the machine - Electrolux moderated my review and wouldn't let it be posted because they said it drove business away and asked to revise. I bought the machine based on the reviews and now I know that they don't allow any honest reviews to be posted. Beware of this brand.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have had my Electrolux washer and dryer set for only 2 years and I am trashing the dryer. I had parts replaced last year under warranty, but the same parts failed this year. It will cost me $450 to repair it and the technician didn't think the repair would last more than a year or two. The squeaking and rattling are driving me nuts.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Pauses and powers down midcycle. Company keeps sending out techs to find a faulty part but refuses to share previous tech and parts already replaced details. Time on warranty is quickly running out for an expensive purchase like this. You definitely do not get what you pay for. My previous Kenmore set ran for 20 years.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information