2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.3/5 (95 ratings)

About Electrolux Washers and Dryers

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have owned two sets of Electrolux Washers and Dryers and have the same problems with both sets. The dryer went out within 3 years of purchase. Both times, I supposedly had a warranty that was to last up to 3 years for parts. I called two weeks ago with the Platinum Star Warranty certificate in hand for this latest set. The service department was unable to find a service provider in my area initially and elevated the issue to another department who in turn was supposed to call me back with a resolution. I also suggested during the call that maybe they could just send us the part since we had an error code indicating that the problem was with the control board. I was told they could not do that until THEY determined what the issue was. Needless to say no one called me back.

I have tried to contact the number on the certificate several times since and finally reached someone today. That individual said I did not have the Platinum Star warranty coverage any longer as my warranty expired last year (2020). My certificate clearly states the effective date was 10/08/2018 through 10/09/2021 which I explained and was abruptly told that it must be through someone else. Again the contact number on the certificate is the number I called and have been calling. In addition, the individual argued that I hadn't called until 09/23/2021 so there was nothing they could do.

The funny thing is I have been trying the same contact number almost daily since no one was calling me back and was constantly directed to an extension with a message that stated that they were too busy with other customers to take my call and that I should feel free to call back some other time. The line then proceeded to disconnect with no option to request a call back or leave a message. So, this was the first day since the my initial call that I was actually able to talk with someone (after being on hold for 45 minutes of course). Bottom line is that it is not worth the price you pay for an Electrolux dryer. Based on my experience they don't last more than three years and the ability to get it serviced is nonexistent. My only recourse (for the second time) was to buy another washer and dryer set and trust me it isn't an Electrolux.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Four-year-old Electrolux washer (LuxCare Wash and Smart Boost) and dryer were in a house I purchased. My 10+ year old appliances in the previous house did a better job and had more choice in the controls. The washer doesn't allow me to decide which spin and soil settings I want with cold water, for instance. The dryer never cools off during the last few minutes; clothes come out warm and damp. Low heat might as well be no heat--I have quite a few things that are supposed to be dried on low but take hours in this machine. Again, my choices are dictated by what's already programmed in. I look forward to the day when I can buy new appliances and would never recommend this brand to anyone.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Going on 85 days without the use of a washer purchased in March 2021. Clothes are locked inside, E21 flashes. 4 repairman have worked on it, 3 sent from Electrolux. Electrolux is hard to get hold of and does not want to address the problem! They scheduled another worker to look at it on 9/20. Washer turned itself on, locked door and flooded laundry room, leaked to cellar below. Room and washer reeks of stagnant water, clothes have been ruined. Need Electrolux to make it right and replace this lemon of a machine!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We purchased this washer/dryer stacking set in 2018. The rubber seal on the door of this front loading washer is now filler with mold. The seal is designed so water gets trapped in the folds of the rubber seal. The interior of the seal is difficult access or clean. We were not aware at the time of purchase that Electrolux has a history of producing washers with this problem and that they have consistently refused to offer repairs or rebates. (Google Electrolux + mold.)

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We have the Electrolux ELFW4222AW washer, it is 8 months old, it displayed 2 different codes, 1 code the instructions in the manual are to call for service, the other code was for not draining and we corrected this ourselves by cleaning the pump filter, the other code relates to flooding and requires a service call. You can phone the 800 # but you can't get through to a person, so we emailed twice and auto reply states someone will get to you in 3 business days. No contact after 8 days, needless to say this will be my last Electrolux/Frigidaire appliance.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

The electronic components were defective and the dryer didn't work after 18 months. They sent service people out 4 times, none of whom could fix the problem. When you call them, their customer service people keep transferring you to someone else. Nobody you talk to has the least interest in solving your problem, only getting rid of you. Their protocols don't permit you to ever talk to a supervisor. We have been without a dryer for over a month. We have given up and will replace the dryer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We purchased top/bottom high end Electrolux washer and dryer, sold as no-shake good for second floor use. From the beginning, the spin cycle shook the house. The washer required 2 repair visits in the first year. But the real problem was year 2 when the dryer steam valve failed and water poured out overnight. By the morning, the brand new second floor flooring where it was installed was ruined, the kitchen ceiling underneath had partially collapsed and the kitchen floor was ruined. There was $35,000 of damage because we had just finished renovating the kitchen the year before. We called Electrolux which is impossible to reach. We had 40-50 minute online waits, promises by them to call back, and then nothing. I would never again buy Electrolux products.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I have had my Electrolux washer and dryer for approximately 5 years now. About a year later, I had to have my first repair when the lint trap filled up and there is no way to clean it out without tearing the washer apart because there is no exterior access panel. Don't ever buy a washer without an exterior access panel to the lint trap. It cost me $300 to have someone come out and tear the washer apart just to clean the lint trap. At about 3 years old, my display unit shorted out, and every now and then it will display something and then go out again. If I bang on the display, it flickers, so I know it is just shorted out. I didn't have the money to get that fixed and the washer still worked so I just used it the way it was, but I could not get to any of the specialty functions and that is where the function to clean my washer is.

Now I am at 5 years and the lint trap is plugged again. I spent an entire day trying to get the water out of my washing machine and had to finish my load of wet clothes at the laundromat. I get home with my wet clothes and put them in the dryer and it turns for about 1 minute and then starts buzzing and shuts off. I try to turn it on again and just get the motor buzzing. I tried to manually turn the drum and was not able to budge it. I heard a clunk, so I am assuming that the belt snapped, at least I hope that is all it is. So back to the laundromat, to dry my clothes and I live 22 miles from the nearest laundromat. I am not even doing laundry for a family, it is just me and I only wash a few loads per month, averaging 1 load per week, maybe. My first repair cost $300, so I am assuming with both the washer and dryer both needing repair at the same time and 3 things that need to be fixed that this repair will be about $700 at a minimum.

Four repairs needed in a 5 year period with 2 of them being the same repair is just unacceptable. I had a Maytag washer and dryer for 21 years and during that time, the washer only needed repair once and the dryer never needed repair and I had 2 kids and a husband then and did about 10 loads of laundry a week. The lint trap on that machine never plugged up. Those machines were metal enamel instead of painted plastic that scratches easily anytime you put something on them. I purchased Electrolux because Maytag did not have a front load washer for sale at the time. Electrolux was a name that I grew up with. They made quality vacuum cleaners that we had in our home forever. When I saw the name Electrolux when I was searching for a washer and dryer, their name went to the top of my list because I associated the name with quality, but this washer and dryer set is just junk; I would never buy it again.

They clean and dry my clothes well, when they work, but they are not reliable. Four costly repairs within a 5 year period is just not reliable in my eyes. I paid $2400 for my set and now these repairs, are going to take me to over $1000 in repairs and that just is a not quality product as far as I am concerned. They used their well-known brand name to put our cheap inferior products that they sell at a premium because of their name. Because of that, Electrolux is a brand name that I will stay away from in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Machine broke, its is in service centre for past 17 days. Today they're telling me they need 10 more working days excluding Saturdays to check the prob. That's 1 month with no replacement machine. Customer service is changing story and won't allow me to talk to anyone who can help.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Manufacturing defect - NOT corrected. DO NOT BUY. I bought this dryer, with its sister washer, at Lowe's in New Westminster in mid-March. Within ten days (and fewer than ten loads), the dryer started to make a clicking/knocking noise. I checked Electrolux online, and they stated that it may be a clogged blower - that is, lint has gone through to the blower and is causing it to malfunction. I had installed a new vent system for it (direct solid steel, not a coil vent which you are advised to not use), and the outgoing air only travels two feet to the exhaust; thus it was not an improper exhaust problem.

I called Lowes, because I had also purchased a four year warranty extension, but they said I had to call Electrolux and that Lowes only covers it after the manufacturer warranty expires; fair enough. I called Electrolux, eleven days after purchase; they said they would call back with a referral to a warranty service provider (WSP). Nearly two weeks later, they called, and said the WSP would call to set an appointment; one week later, the WSP called, and set an appointment for two more weeks later.

Thus, the service technician came yesterday, April 28 - now 45 days after purchase. He immediately confirmed that the problem is lint in the blower, and advised that he gets repair calls for this issue for Electrolux dryers six times per week. He said the dryer is faulty, with no permanent solution, and that I will need to have the blower cleaned every few months for its lifetime. He said that I should take it back and get a different make. Too late now, of course, because it took Electrolux a full 34 days to get a technician to me, and I cannot return the dryer to Lowes.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information