Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

Original review: March 16, 2020

We purchased an Electrolux front load washer & dryer a little over a year ago after being sold on the fact that the quality is top of of the line... It is 18 mos old and we had water all over our floor one morning and it had filled up with water. The door was locked and we could smell something burning. When we tried to open the door, there were lights blinking and it it shut down/wouldn't turn on/off. We unplugged it and called Warners' Stellian where we purchased.

We have had THREE service calls on it under the extra warranty we purchased and they still cannot get it to work. We have three little kids, both work full time, and are going on over a month without a washing machine... Our $1300 washer is sitting dead in the laundry room waiting for more parts to arrive. Warners' Stellian told us to call Electrolux direct to explain the situation and Electrolux told us Warners' Stellian needs to recommend a new machine.

Warners' Stellian says they are 'waiting to hear' on an approval for a new machine, but meanwhile Electrolux said they have more parts sent for them to try to fix it again and refused to get on the phone with us and Warners' Stellian to all get the same message at once. The customer service person was rude at Electrolux and offered no apology. Don't waste your time or money buying an overpriced, crappy quality brand that doesn't stand behind their product. Will NEVER purchase anything Electrolux again and am equally as frustrated with Warners' Stellian and the mixed messages and lack of urgency.

Original review: March 5, 2020

So happy that I stumbled upon this site. I purchased an Electrolux Front load washer (627) in Oct, 2018, after doing my research and checking reviews. On Feb 8th, 2020, I washed a small load and the washer would spin, but not enough to expel water from my clothes. I reset and it worked fine. The next load worked ok, then I put in another load. Well, all of a sudd3n there was a banging noise coming out of the machine. I immediately stopped the machine and called Electrolux. A technician was scheduled for 5 days later. This was on Feb 12th. Parts were under warranty, but the service call would cost me $300.00.

Person on the line said that if I purchased a new extended warranty that the service charge would be waived, so I spent $289.00 on a new warranty. On 2-19-20, the service technician showed up and did his analyzing.. said the circuit board and the motor board were bad, so he ordered the parts. He started up the machine and it started violently shaking and was dancing around the laundry room. Once it was powered off, the front gasket was mangled and the floor was flooded. He ordered the gasket, said that he would be back in a week and darted out the door. The parts arrived at our house and the technician arrived the following week, 2-26-20.

We showed him where one of the springs was not attached, a broken part where the spring was to attach, along with various pieces of plastic which we found on the floor. He attached all of the parts, turned on the machine and viola, Water poured out from under the machine. He looked underneath the washer and said the boot had a hole in it. Another week, another part. Service scheduled for 3-4-20. Tech arrived, while attempting to attach the boot, he discovered the pump was destroyed. It was cracked and had missing parts. Same story, another week, another part. So, service is now scheduled for 3-12-20. I had contacted Electrolux after each of the technician’s visits and updated them, each time requesting a new washer, with the same response, we can’t do that. So, here I wait...another trip to the laundromat. I will never again purchase another Electrolux washing machine or any of their products.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Rubber gaskets leaking at the solenoid and the company won’t sell the $3 part. Only wants to sell the whole housing with four solenoids and a bunch of other plastic components for $151.00. Also a similar situation with the main bearing. They won’t sell the main seal and bearing. They insist on selling the entire drum for $350.00. Other manufacturers sell these parts separately. But the worst thing I discovered is when I removed the gasket it had a part number stamped on it and is made by another appliance company and is available from the competition! This corporate policy seems to me to be wasteful and greedy. Never again will I buy from this company again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I purchased a front loader Electolux/Frigidaire washer and stackable dryer on May 24, 2017. This week the washer started making a grinding noise during the spin cycle. A service man states the main bearing is ruined and will cost as much for parts and service as the washer is worth. But, the real kicker is that the dryer is attached and a replacement washer will not line up so we are now looking at a washer and dryer costing more than 2,000.00. A call to Electrolux and they are willing to discount the parts by 20%. This is terrible that we are filling our land fill with new appliances and costing families a fortune to buy junk manufactured in Mexico. I have been told almost all washers are now made in Mexico. Are we not thrilled with free trade.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I bought the high end Electrolux washing machine model EFLS517SIW just over two and a half years ago. It started making noises, and when I called Electrolux customer service I was told that because I did not purchase the extended warranty, I was out of luck. Then I was told it would take a month to get a repairman scheduled to look at it. I had an independent appliance repair service out and they told me the bearing had gone bad. I was told there was no reason this should happen. It will cost more to fix than to replace. Hence, I give this product one star. $800 down the drain!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

We had a washing machine delivered over a month ago which leaked the moment it was hooked up. We called and emailed Electrolux and they would not replace the machine and sent a repair person to look at it. The repair person came and one of the pumps leaked and had caulking on it like it was a used pump that was installed in a new machine. It was replaced and the machine still leaked because one of the other pumps also had a crack. We have had the machines for a month and we still don't have a machine that works.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Do not buy appliances from this company. They do not stand behind their products. They sold me a washer with five defective parts including the pump and motor and still would not replace it. They only use a few repair persons or you wait for months for the repair to a new defective appliance. A totally bad experience!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We bought Electrolux washer and dryer from Famous Tate in Tampa FL 2 years ago on the guidance of our sales associate. These "super quiet high end appliances" are suppose to be the "best" on the market. HA! We've had the repair guy out once after fighting with Famous Tate that even though the appliance were bought up front for our new home, that we didn't move in until months later and then began using them to wash/dry clothes. The service gentleman replaced some bearings and then a few months go by and now it is worse than ever. I can only do laundry during the day because it will wake the kids up. My husband found a way to damper the noise of our costly dryer.... A roll of paper towels in between the washer and dryer. Thanks for all of your support with this "high end" lemon Famous Tate! So glad you stand behind the products you sell! To all potential customers.... Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Just called the service tech for the third time in three years. This dryer just limps along. It is better than hang drying your laundry but I know you can do better. Avoid this machine unless you are getting it for free. From what I understand the main flaw is the lint trap. The lint trap does not trap the lint. It builds up in the drum somewhere. Overtime the noise becomes deafening. The tech was just here last Thursday, he recommended buying an air compressor to force the lint through periodically.

This morning less than 1 week later the dryer was giving off the faint odor of burnt rubber, it started to make a thumping noise, like a shoe was in there, culminating in the barrel no longer turning while the machine is on and producing heated air. It is a holiday tomorrow, Thanksgiving, so maybe we will be able to dry laundry in our house again in a week or two? (It took a week to get the tech out here the last time.)Oh well, do not make our mistake. Find a more reliable machine!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased these appliances in August of 2016. In less than 6 weeks I had to have a repairman come and fix the gasket on the dryer door and replace the detergent dispenser on the washer. That was just the beginning! There were multiple calls for the same gasket on dryer plus a hose on the washer. The water pump goes out on occasion with a service code of E13 but the tech refused to replace it unless he saw it happen.

The dryer still does not dry laundry very well unless and only on high. I have lost count of the number of service calls for these appliances over the past 3 years for a variety of problems. I will NEVER buy another Electrolux product again. I purchased these appliances because Electrolux was supposed to be a very good quality product, they are not!!!! They are expensive and not worth the money I spent. I gave 1 star only because I couldn't give zero.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information