2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.3/5 (57 ratings)

About Electrolux Washers and Dryers

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: June 16, 2021

I have had my Electrolux washer and dryer for approximately 5 years now. About a year later, I had to have my first repair when the lint trap filled up and there is no way to clean it out without tearing the washer apart because there is no exterior access panel. Don't ever buy a washer without an exterior access panel to the lint trap. It cost me $300 to have someone come out and tear the washer apart just to clean the lint trap. At about 3 years old, my display unit shorted out, and every now and then it will display something and then go out again. If I bang on the display, it flickers, so I know it is just shorted out. I didn't have the money to get that fixed and the washer still worked so I just used it the way it was, but I could not get to any of the specialty functions and that is where the function to clean my washer is.

Now I am at 5 years and the lint trap is plugged again. I spent an entire day trying to get the water out of my washing machine and had to finish my load of wet clothes at the laundromat. I get home with my wet clothes and put them in the dryer and it turns for about 1 minute and then starts buzzing and shuts off. I try to turn it on again and just get the motor buzzing. I tried to manually turn the drum and was not able to budge it. I heard a clunk, so I am assuming that the belt snapped, at least I hope that is all it is. So back to the laundromat, to dry my clothes and I live 22 miles from the nearest laundromat. I am not even doing laundry for a family, it is just me and I only wash a few loads per month, averaging 1 load per week, maybe. My first repair cost $300, so I am assuming with both the washer and dryer both needing repair at the same time and 3 things that need to be fixed that this repair will be about $700 at a minimum.

Four repairs needed in a 5 year period with 2 of them being the same repair is just unacceptable. I had a Maytag washer and dryer for 21 years and during that time, the washer only needed repair once and the dryer never needed repair and I had 2 kids and a husband then and did about 10 loads of laundry a week. The lint trap on that machine never plugged up. Those machines were metal enamel instead of painted plastic that scratches easily anytime you put something on them. I purchased Electrolux because Maytag did not have a front load washer for sale at the time. Electrolux was a name that I grew up with. They made quality vacuum cleaners that we had in our home forever. When I saw the name Electrolux when I was searching for a washer and dryer, their name went to the top of my list because I associated the name with quality, but this washer and dryer set is just junk; I would never buy it again.

They clean and dry my clothes well, when they work, but they are not reliable. Four costly repairs within a 5 year period is just not reliable in my eyes. I paid $2400 for my set and now these repairs, are going to take me to over $1000 in repairs and that just is a not quality product as far as I am concerned. They used their well-known brand name to put our cheap inferior products that they sell at a premium because of their name. Because of that, Electrolux is a brand name that I will stay away from in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Machine broke, its is in service centre for past 17 days. Today they're telling me they need 10 more working days excluding Saturdays to check the prob. That's 1 month with no replacement machine. Customer service is changing story and won't allow me to talk to anyone who can help.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Manufacturing defect - NOT corrected. DO NOT BUY. I bought this dryer, with its sister washer, at Lowe's in New Westminster in mid-March. Within ten days (and fewer than ten loads), the dryer started to make a clicking/knocking noise. I checked Electrolux online, and they stated that it may be a clogged blower - that is, lint has gone through to the blower and is causing it to malfunction. I had installed a new vent system for it (direct solid steel, not a coil vent which you are advised to not use), and the outgoing air only travels two feet to the exhaust; thus it was not an improper exhaust problem.

I called Lowes, because I had also purchased a four year warranty extension, but they said I had to call Electrolux and that Lowes only covers it after the manufacturer warranty expires; fair enough. I called Electrolux, eleven days after purchase; they said they would call back with a referral to a warranty service provider (WSP). Nearly two weeks later, they called, and said the WSP would call to set an appointment; one week later, the WSP called, and set an appointment for two more weeks later.

Thus, the service technician came yesterday, April 28 - now 45 days after purchase. He immediately confirmed that the problem is lint in the blower, and advised that he gets repair calls for this issue for Electrolux dryers six times per week. He said the dryer is faulty, with no permanent solution, and that I will need to have the blower cleaned every few months for its lifetime. He said that I should take it back and get a different make. Too late now, of course, because it took Electrolux a full 34 days to get a technician to me, and I cannot return the dryer to Lowes.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I am beyond angry! I purchased an Electrolux washer dryer stacked system April 20th last year. July 2nd, the dryer quit spinning. Direct Appliance (where I purchased them) was called, they came out July 6th. It was determined that they clothes were getting stuck between the long fin (bad design and the front of the dryer). They determined they needed to replace the fin, belt and back panel (due to it being burnt). They could not get parts until I called Electrolux and explained. Electrolux shipped me the parts, and Direct Appliance fixed the dryer on July 21st 2020.

Down 3 weeks. Nov 8th 2020 dryer quit spinning again, called service tech came out Nov 19th, ordered parts. 12-8-2020 came out finally replaced belt AND IDLER PULLEYS. Down 1 Month. March 8, 2021, dryer quit spinning once again, called service tech. Came out March 9th, unable to confirm (the belt had cooled and it turned, but made a thumping sound). March 17th called again, because it stopped spinning. March 18th tech came out and found a broken belt. Ordered parts. I called Electrolux to begin a LEMON replacement - as a new dryer should not break 3 times in the first year. I do not want to be stuck paying to have it fixed as the 1 year warranty will be up soon.

Electrolux said they wanted their tech to evaluate it. They had one to come out a week later - turns out same day as Direct Appliance had parts and tech here to repair once again. While I was on the phone w Electrolux, they put me on hold and told Direct Appliance they had to stop fixing my dryer!!!! (They literally had the belt in hand!) While they could determine if they would replace it or not. So they made Direct Appliance leave, before finishing the dryer. They said they would determine whether it would be replaced or not by April 1st 2021.

April 1 comes, and I get 1 email asking how Electrolux did on their call. Not a word about whether they were fixing/replacing or anything. It was Easter Weekend - so I did not call. Today I call, and find that Electrolux determined not to replace, they want to repair. BUT now they had to order parts!!! I am so angry - this has been horrid. I have had no dryer for almost 3 months after purchasing a brand new supposedly "QUALITY" system from Electrolux. Down so far almost 1 month - with no end in sight! I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am in the quality of both service and equipment from Electrolux.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Purchased the washing machine new in 2015. Began making a loud banging noise recently during the spin cycle. It almost appeared to be out of balance. We took the machine apart and thought the problem might be with worn shock absorbers so we replaced them at a cost of $184 (not counting our labor). Put it back together and that did not solve the problem. Explored deeper and found that the cast metal spider support for the drum had a cracked arm. The parts would cost about $400 so we decided to buy a new Maytag and scrap the Electrolux. It was only 5 years - 8 months old. We will not be buying another Electrolux and recommend avoiding this manufacturer.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I bought a new set of Electrolux front loading washer and dryer. Never again. The dryer is supposed to be top of the lone and it has been nothing but trouble. It burns your clothes or doesn’t dry. Had it serviced, they keep replacing parts and it hasn’t made any difference. At this point they are going to the scrapyard after a year. Save yourself the headache and STAY AWAY from this brand. The company doesn’t support the products very well. They just want you to buy extended warranties.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I have had the Electrolux dryer less than 3 years and it is still under warranty. The dryer has been out for over a month and the repair tech has been here 3 times. He has replaced every part in the dryer with the exception of 1. The remaining new part is sitting in my living room waiting on the repair tech to make his 4th visit when Electrolux can actually get him to return. I have never not had a dryer repaired on the 1st visit and this is now going on the 4th visit. I don't believe Electrolux is even capable at this point. DO NOT BUY AN ELECTROLUX UNLESS YOU CAN GO WITHOUT A DRYER FOR 2 MONTHS! I owned a Bosch previously and never had a repair that they couldn't fix.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

So after having to refuse 4 of these malfunctioning dryers and forced to keep the matching washer we are extremely disappointed in Electrolux. The first dryer never powered on, so we paid an electrician to come out and check the power outlet which turned out to be fine. We also had the power company come and check the incoming line to the house which we were told was very good. The second dryer came a week later and had an error code when delivery guys turned it on and it couldn’t be cleared. We sent the second dryer back. At this point we had our doubts and wanted to return the washer, but it had been more than 48 hours and we were told it would not be possible. The third dryer showed up a week afterwards and it also had an error code so we sent it back.

We were told while on the line with our Big Box home improvement store and Electrolux that because of all of our troubles that on the 4th dryer we would have "White Glove" delivery and the 4th dryer would be tested before it was put on the truck. So here comes the 4th dryer for delivery still in the box and the delivery guys laughed and said, "They told you that it would be tested?!" When the box was opened the 4th dryer had a large dent in it and the exterior of the box was not dented, so the dryer was boxed with the dent on it so it was not a delivery problem. So much for having a nice washer and matching dryer.

Now we are stuck with a washer that will never have a matching dryer as we had wished. My laundry room will look terrible with an unmatched set of washer and dryer, because as of now we are cutting our losses. Also, you can pretty much forget getting through to customer service, as well. Believe me I tried. For a high priced dryer, it is really insulting to be treated in such a manner by Electrolux and our national branded Big Box home improvement store.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I hate my Electrolux dryer - EFME617SIW. If I dry a full load, it's fine, but if I dry sheets or a small load of t-shirts, it's awful. Sheets completely ball up into each other, even with dryer balls and tennis balls. Shirts get caught in the ledge at the front of the door and wrinkle terribly. I had a service call - nothing they could do about it. I even put a level on the top of the dryer, thinking that maybe it was pitched forward - it is perfectly even. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, please share how you were able to solve it. I'm so frustrated!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased my Electrolux Washing Machine (model EFLS627-UTT) in April 2019 and subsequently started noticing bleach stains on some of my items. I initially thought I had accidentally put a colored item in with the bleach load so chalked it up to my mistake. Then it happened again and again and I was being VERY careful that all items were white when I used bleach. So in July 2020 I called the store where I purchased the machine. They came out and as I suspected said they couldn't find anything but they suggested that after I do a bleach load to take the drawer out where the bleach goes and rinse it out. Additionally, if I want to be super careful they said I could do a load afterwards with rags or something that I don't care about. On top of this I could do a 15 fast wash or spin cycle.

Since I was so tired of having ruined items I did ALL of the above and yet I was still having items with bleach spots 5, 10 or more loads after the bleach load. For some reason the bleach that remains loves towels the most and second after that is sheets so I have many of each with bleach spots. Many brand new towels and sheets that were washed for the first time so you can imagine my frustration.

Next I called Electrolux and they sent someone out in 8/20 who told me, "There is nothing wrong with your machine." In 10/20 with the problem persisting I called Electrolux again and I had to pay I believe it was $150 only to be told no fault found again. Called Electrolux in 11/20 and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on with a supervisor who told me "Sorry we can't do anything because what your describing can't happen" but yet it is happening.... Mind you I didn't do a lot of bleach loads (only about one every 6 weeks). In the end I had to stop using bleach all together and now that I've done that no more issues. Other than this one very frustrating issue the washer works great. I had no motivation to lie about this and I wasn't asking Electrolux to refund my money and my machine is perfect cosmetically but I did want them to swap out my machine for another one and pay for my ruined items.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information