3.9/5 (187 ratings)

About Electrolux Washers and Dryers

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: May 26, 2022

My Electrolux dryer is relatively new…Approx. 3 1/2 yrs. I like the machine but the control board and “door closed“ switch failed. It’s a pricey repair....Doesn’t anything last anymore? I hoped this product would be different. Model # EFME617STTO

Original review: April 17, 2022

I purchased a Electrolux washer & dryer pre Covid. After 6 months Lowe's agrees to deliver and set up. Hardly another 6 months lapsed when mold blackens the door bellow despite following Electrolux recommendation. Continued to worsen. Electrolux support say ''just out of warranty'' - your problem now. I wish I kept the old Kenmore.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Terrible experience!!!! I am very, very disappointed with the breakdown of my Electrolux washing machine purchased from Home Depot in Newmarket Ontario Sept 2021. Three months after purchasing the washer, the internal filter clogged up. I had to call a repairman in to open up the machine to clean the filter for me. All other machines have the filter accessible by the home owner on the front of the washer. This is a serious design flaw. The dryer also has a design flaw in that small items get stuck on top of the filter, stopping the exhaust. This stops the exhaust air and the clothes don't dry. This is a serious design error. The newer model has a sloped filter so the clothes aren't trapped. But the washer has been the most problematic. After five months, the washer door locked at the end of a cycle and could not be opened. But the message was "Close Door."

The earliest appointment for a technician from the Electrolux authorized service tech was 3 weeks later!!! The wet clothes stayed in the dryer until the tech came to unlock it 3 weeks later. Most washer door locks can be overridden by a simple release in the front mounted filter door...NOT ON THIS WASHER. This is another serious design flaw! The authorized technician replaced the door latch but said that the code indicated that the electronic control board needed replacing. He put it an order. ANOTHER 3 WEEKS passed before the part came in!!! He returned and replaced 2 control boards and promised that this seemed to have solved the problem. BUT, three hours later, my first load of laundry in over two months, stopped at the end of the cycle with the door locked again!!!! And with the same message "Close Door!"

After many calls to Electrolux, I'm still only getting acknowledgements that they received my email and call...no solutions! Is it going to take ANOTHER 3 WEEKS to get a technician back in to confirm that the machine is indeed broken??? And will it be ANOTHER 3 WEEKS to get more parts??? I have been without laundry for over two months!!!! This has been a huge hassle and aggravation to get hold of someone at Electrolux who can resolve this problem. I bought what I thought was premium machines that would last me at least the next 15 years. These machines have serious design faults. Now I just want my money back. I cannot recommend buying Electrolux Washers and dryers!

Original review: March 10, 2022

My Electrolux dryer is less than 2 years old and to date I have been without a dryer waiting for repairs for over four months. Neither Trail Appliances nor Electrolux are standing behind their warranty. Dec 5, I received a call from Trail Service who said the major mother board of the dryer would not be available until Feb 15th. I said that was not acceptable and requested that they contact Electrolux to replace the dryer. They refused and told me I had to work with Electrolux.

I have contacted Electrolux almost weekly. They sent out a new repair company TransGlobal who has said the same. This dryer that is less than two years old requires all electronics to be replaced plus other parts. Electrolux will not live up to their warranty promise on their website. If it cannot be repaired in a reasonable manner, we will replace your appliance. What is reasonable about a dryer that requires all major electronics being replaced and the parts still not available 4 months later. Trail is happy to sell to you, but give you NO SERVICE in extending circumstances. Like their repairman said, buy the cheapest and the extended warranty. All electronics come from Mexico or China. Buying Electrolux was a waste of money as they do not live up to their warranty.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

OUr washer is just over 2 years old, we take very good care of it etc. 3 months ago the water inlet valve went and we had to order a new one. Well lo and behold, you CANNOT get PARTS for these stupid appliances!!! We keep getting told 6 weeks, and when 6 weeks is up we get told another 6 weeks and it's been going on for a bit. I have also had a few friends who waited almost a year for parts, and Electrolux just says they don't keep parts in their factories. They are a scam company.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

The washer does not have a water filter that is accessible from the front. I had to get a service call to get a technician to open up the machine and clear the filter. Electrolux made this change in the location of the filter to make more money from service calls. I was charged twice the regular price ($500) because it was a stacked washer/dryer setup and they needed two technicians to lift the dryer off. Did I ever get taken ... never again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I purchased a stacked Electrolux EFLW317TiW2 washer dryer. It has never run more than 90 days in a row without a costly breakdown. The washer has had over 2000.00 in repairs covered by Electrolux and now it needs another 1200.00 repair so far Electrolux has not offered any assistance with the latest repair. I have many rental units and have been replacing washer dryer on an on going basis. No more Frigidaire/Electrolux. I am done with them and advised all building superintendents to only purchase Maytag.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We purchased an Electrolux EFLS627UIW washer Jan 2019. The recirculation pump was replaced Aug 2021, and is making the same noise now, 5 months later. We have a black grime buildup in the gasket that the monthly cleaning cycle does not address and it is near impossible to clean it by hand. I would not recommend this washer at all. It seems Electrolux didn't reengineering after the last lawsuit to correct this mold problem. I'll be selling this machine asap and buying another Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I purchased our unit about a year ago, it does not require ventilation so I was unsure what to expect. Turned out to be a great investment, the washer spins so fast on the rinse cycle that you could actually air dry most of your clothes in a timely manner. The dryer is self ventilating so it does blow warm air into the room it is situated in, so in very hot weather I could see that being an issue. I live in Tucson AZ so I'm no stranger to warm weather, even so it's really not that bad if you have an AC going, or willing to hang your clothes on a rack/line. Otherwise it's a great set, I put essential oils in the dryer when doing loads sometimes and it freshens up the house! If anything changes I'll update the review.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I bought an Electrolux washer and dryer, not even two years old, washer stopped working, followed repair protocol for a E11 signal, replaced 500.$ of new parts, still not working. Company declines any responsibility, tells me I will have to pay for my own repairs, and that is too bad for me! Offered a rebate if I wanted to buy a new machine! Can't believe this Electrolux fraud, stay away, I am outraged with them and strongly recommend to steer away from Electrolux.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information