Shop on Build.com

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

We bought our Electrolux washer in December 2019. We have been pleased with the many options and quality with the exception of mold and mildew forming so quickly in the folds of the drum area. I tried bleach and also mold/mildew remover, and it did not work. So I ordered a new part which I had to pay for because it wasn’t covered under warranty. We only had the Electrolux washer for 7 months and this happened already.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I bought my Electrolux front loading washer four years ago based on the recommendation of the owner of the privately owned appliance store we have shopped at for 25 years and have been very pleased since the new Kenmore Elites are no good anymore (obviously we didn't buy those there). It cleans my clothes very well and I like the way that the soap, etc, gets mixed before it goes into the tub. Like every other front loader I have tried, there are times with a very small load where it doesn't drain well, but we don't do those as a rule, so it's not been a big problem.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Experience with a 2019 model Electrolux front load washer has been very positive. It is relatively quiet, much quieter than the top load it replaced. It also provides a door that can be switched from conventional orientation of opening to the left to open on the right. Clothes are cleaner than with the top load washer it replaced and water consumption is a fraction of what it was. And the spin cycles seem to always be very well balanced without manual intervention. So far it hasn’t had any reliability issues and were I to buy a new machine, I would look to Electrolux first.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Electrolux stackable washer/dryer is energy efficient and water efficient to save you money. I live above someone so an important feature was that it is also quiet. It is front loading, so there is a lot of room to do everything from a comforter to towels to dog blankets. My laundry room doesn’t vent to the outside, so it can get heated in the little closet. The Electrolux has an auto-shut off so it doesn’t overheat on you. I can’t complain in the two years I have had it.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Excellent Performance since Sept 2016. I love my Electrolux washer and dryer. They had a slight learning curve for me as they are my first digital and front load. They fit beautifully in my closet side by side but I believe they are stackable too. I have never had an issue and my clothes are treated gently by these machines. Google sent me here when I asked about getting a warranty since they are almost 4 years old. When I read some of the negative reviews I had to speak up. I guess only people with issues want to vent. If there isn’t a problem we don’t need to complain.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I purchased the Electrolux Perfect Steam Front Load Washer with Lux Care in 2016 after reading positive reviews across many websites, I now wish I had read them on this site. I replaced a set of 11 year old Whirlpool front load machines that were far quieter and gave me good performance for many years. This machine started out noisy on the spin cycle, then started jumping all over and now when it spins it makes a whiney sound when starting up. I had a tech come out last year and after spending another $300 was told the machine was level and operating as it should - he said it was normal that it jumped around and was loud.

My dryer door was also rattling and he said it was a common problem with these machines and ended up fixing it with a BandAid - no, I'm not kidding. Now I just had the latch break on the pedestal drawer, probably due to the constant vibration from the machine. My floor is strong and level, my Whirlpool washer never did these things. I'm so disappointed in the brand and the product as I remember my mother using Electrolux appliances as a child and the reputation for quality was high. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance and hope this review helps someone avoid making the expensive mistake that I made.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

No exaggerating, I have had 10 service calls in 9 mos. Bought in November 2019, installed early January. The softener dispenser quit about third time we used it. Didn't buy on Amazon, wish I did then I could see the 1 star reviews, called Sears. Sent out someone to repair under warranty. They said they could not. It was stacked... By the way the dryer sucks too but the washer is so much worse. Third person that came out replaced all of the dispenser thingy in March. One month of use and it failed again. Okay so my 800 washer doesn't dispenser the softener. Irritating but livable. Then slowly the soap dispenser quit emptying all the way.

Door locked itself shut in June. Called sears, out of the 90 day warranty referred us back to Electrolux. Sent email and called, again, they wouldn't work on the lemon washer cause it's stacked. Being disabled I can't unstack.... kinda gave up. Thee unit decided to unlock about a week later. So we thought it was ok. Then end of July it quit dispensing soap again. I saw a YouTube where someone washed the whole diaphragm in dishwasher. That seemed to do trick. Until beginning of August. Locked door again.... On its own. Didn't ever open. Called and got my 3rd or 4th service visit. This guy unstacked it. Called the Electrolux tech line. Read them my multiple error codes he got to in some type of diagnostic mode. They said it needed a new motor and motherboard. Gave him the part numbers....

Weeks pass by. Finally the backordered parts ( never a good sign ) arrive. He installs. Same thing. Locked, won't open, won't spin, dead in the water. Electrolux gave the wrong part numbers! Not one, but both were wrong. Lucky me the real part numbers are on backorder. Several more weeks pass. Get a call from the servicing place. Can't get motor 4-6 weeks. I call Electrolux, which is a one hour even everytime. They said maybe they can replace it. Why I would want a washer that can only work for a few weeks at a time I am not sure. But.... Since this one is a lemon we try that. Denied. It's a fixable unit. They send another service call out. God bless this guy he's been here 4 or 5 times. No parts get sent to him so no fix. Fast forward several more one hour calls to electrosux. No solution. No compassion. Nobody cares. I've had it running for 8.5 months. It has had limited or no function for more than half that time.

Nobody at Frigidaire/Electrolux cares that I have to go into a covid filled laundromat and have spent as much as I have on the purchase doing laundry with my brand spanking new washer out of service. More than half the folks I talked to are rude. Make appointment times. Nobody is dispatched. Lose a half day of wages missing work because you expect someone to do what they say. The "call backs" they promise don't come. The emails go unanswered for weeks. I will never purchase an electrosux product again.

The only "win" I have had is that at my property management job I did dissuade a property owner from outfitting his 13 units with frigidaire or Electrolux. That was stoves, fridge and washer dryer. If I can't get a fair shake Or even a civil exchange at least I could prevent them from 20k in sales. I don't write many reviews but the fraudsters really this one and more. I will continue to dissuade clients from buying their inferior products and I will shout from the rooftops how terrible it is to deal with a company so inept and uncaring. Get ya an LG or Samsung. I am putting the review everywhere it will let me. Run from electrosux!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I recently purchased a washer dryer. The dryer never worked properly-- saying it needed the lint removed even if it had just been cleaned and was empty. When I finally called (the pandemic had me a bit tied up), I was told it was out of warranty so I bought a two-year service contract and it's been nothing but misery! No one can fix the problem so the dryer times out after a few minutes. You've got to pull out the lint trap and try again. It runs for a few more minutes and then starts beeping. Oh, if you don't hear the beep and leave it there for a while your clothes then stink! The first service company said they couldn't help.

The second company said the mother board had to be replaced, they'd order one and schedule another call. That was back in early July. It took me weeks to get them to schedule an appointment to install it (kept saying the part hadn't come in). The board was replaced and the tech said that if it didn't work then there was nothing more they could do. Guess what??? It didn't work! Adding to my frustration. You have to call Electrolux to get an approval before you can schedule another visit.

That takes at least a half hour just to get through. (BTW, the recording even tells you to call back at another time... really?) Then they couldn't find another appointment for at least 2 weeks. They also keep sending another company so I have to explain the whole thing each time to someone new. Honestly I'd love you to take back this awful dry but I'd be happy with just a REFUND for the service contract so I can go back to my repair company and not have this hassle and aggravation.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

In June 2019 I bought an Electrolux washer model EFLS210TIW00 and dryer model EFDC210TIW00 from Costco with 2 years warranty. The dryer broke down in June 2020. Costco referred me to Electrolux and Electrolux referred me to one of their service contractors. The service contractor replaced the condensate pump and the heater but the dryer is still not working. I have been taking my laundry to laundromat for 8 full weeks. Electrolux have refused to replace the dryer, because they still think it is repairable. Now the service contractor is suspecting a third part to be replaced, which is the control board. Electrolux have refused to replace the dryer, because they still think it is repairable. Very poor product and very unprofessional costumer service.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I bought an Electrolux dryer from ABT in late 2015. The dryer has required service a few times, and now the boards need to be replaced. With service charges, the replacement of the boards will cost almost as much as the amount I paid for the dryer.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information