2.2/5 (22 ratings)

About 1-800-GOT-JUNK

1-800-GOT-JUNK offers full-service junk removal services nationwide. With 24/7 customer service and online booking, 1-800-GOT-JUNK’s services are easy to access and help you responsibly dispose of your junk.

Pros

• Hauls most junk
  • Responsible disposal
  • Convenient service
  • Online booking available

Cons

• Limited to items carried by 2 movers
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-GOT-JUNK is a convenient way to remove junk from your home or business. It disposes of all junk responsibly and removes all items that can be carried by two movers.

How does 1-800-Got-Junk work?

As long as your items can be safely moved by two 1-800-GOT-JUNK crew members, the company hauls them away and responsibly disposes of them. If possible, the company recycles or donates the items to ensure the least amount of waste. Its movers also sweep the area and ensure your space is tidy and presentable.

Here are some of the common items 1-800-GOT-JUNK removes from homes and businesses around the country. If your item isn’t on the list, contact the company to see if it can accept your junk.

• Electronics
  • Appliances
  • Carpeting and rugs
  • Monitors
  • Printers
  • Scanners
  • Copiers

The company schedules pickup around your availability and offers no-contact removal as an added convenience. Its customer service team is available 24/7. If you’re unsure if your project is right for 1-800-GOT-JUNK, request a consultation to discuss the details.

1-800-GOT-JUNK pricing

1-800-GOT-JUNK offers a variety of services, so your costs will vary based on your project. For example, shed removals cost anywhere from $200 to $2,000, while a simple junk haul ranges from $139 to $700.

During your initial consultation, you receive a customized quote based on the type and amount of junk being removed. There are no hidden fees or costs after the fact, and the price you’re quoted will be the final cost.

1-800-GOT-JUNK FAQ

What does 1-800-GOT-JUNK do with the junk?
1-800-GOT-JUNK attempts to donate or recycle the removed items. If it is unable to, it disposes of the junk as responsibly as possible.
Do you have to tip 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
While it isn’t required to tip movers, it’s typically considered a courtesy if you’re satisfied with their work.
How much should I tip furniture haulers?
Most consumers tip movers and haulers between 5% to 10% of the total bill, typically averaging around $10 to $20 for each mover.
How much does 1-800-GOT-JUNK charge for a couch?
The cost of a couch removal depends on the size of the couch. Contact the company for a free estimate.

Do we recommend 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

1-800-GOT-JUNK has a solid reputation and is frequently used as a dumpster alternative during moves and renovations. The company offers convenient scheduling and payment, and it provides you with a customized quote based on the items being removed. If you need junk removed from your property, we recommend 1-800-GOT-JUNK as a convenient, reliable junk hauler.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Original review: May 31, 2022

I received a couple of phone calls from Kay telling me they'd be delayed. My appointment was for 1 pm and they arrived closer to 2:30. That really wasn't a big deal. I think they were surprised how little "junk" I had was as I had it all pushed into the kitchen near the door of my apartment to make it easier for them. Kay went over basic procedures with me and then started to quote $2 hundred.... and Brandon ** interrupted and said he thought it would take 3/8 of the space. So Kay increased the price to $368.

I was a bit surprised there was no discussion or double checking on this as I am 68 single female recovering from both a stroke and polymyalgia rheumatica. I can no longer work and live off of $1,140 a month Social Security. I don't own my home. But I was so exhausted and in pain that I let it go and paid. I think they were in and out in half an hour. I gave them drinks as it was hot out as they left. So it was quick, the team was professional and it's done. I just wish Brandon had kept his mouth shut or they at least double checked the measurement to save me some money!

Original review: April 22, 2022

Nathan and Owen just removed leftover cement bags, and a huge construction pipe from my place in the Rochester/Hilton area. Wow, fast, efficient, professional service. I will definitely be calling their service again. The appointment was easy to arrange, they showed up early!, and the junk was gone within 10 minutes. I paid with a credit card processed on their tablet and received an email receipt. Quick, easy, and the best part - the junk is gone!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I highly recommend 1-800-gotjunk. Luke and Bo were fabulous. They arrived promptly and were very helpful and courteous. They are truly a credit to your company. We were notified in the morning of the pick-up and then again about an hour before the time. Luke and Bo called us about a half hour before their arrival. We have had many other workers in our home and I must say this experience was superior. Will recommend your company to our friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

We called and a truck arrived same day. When they arrived they reviewed the tub and the location, gave us a price and it was a great price. They were great. Moved it carefully. So easy and fast. Good job guys.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The guys that came out today to help move my things. I would like to recognize them, Daryl and Jay. They were wonderful, we're wonderful. They move my things within a short period of time. They was very friendly and helpful and I would like to say thank you.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I set up an appointment and two gentlemen came out and quoted me a price for the junk I had. They said 700.00. I then scheduled an appointment. The workers showed up looked at my junk and said it would take one and a half truckload, I said just take what you can. I am not paying for another truck. Going outside to see the truck it was more than half full. Not neat full just piled in. They picked up what they could and then another truck showed up, this one was also more than half full. They finished tossing the junk in and never entered the basement were I had more trash to get rid of, which they new about. I was shocked how they just threw the junk in the truck. There was no kind of organization on loading the truck. Now I am still left with trash in the basement. I am very disappointed in this service. The two trucks they sent would be equal to one half of the load I had.

Original review: May 29, 2022

They didn’t honor a promo sent in their advertising emails. Additionally they broke up the item in my driveway and left behind a mess including multiple screws. Customer service complaint yielded no resolution for the issues. I will never use them again.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Bought a new sofa and love seat from Rooms to Go but, that is another nightmare. Had to remove old sectional. We were quoted an amount on phone and specifically asked if she was sure, and women said she is looking at the information for a 3-piece sectional in her book. Well, they show up and charge us $150 more. Not sure if they like to take advantage of senior citizens or just use bait and switch as their business premise. I did call and complained. I got the difference back. My husband wants to report them to the BBB.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have used 1-800-GOT-JUNK 7 times over the past 7 years (Tucson AZ) and have been generally happy with the service. This morning (March 4, 2022) I discovered that the price had gone up $40 for the minimum load. In the past a $10 repeat customer discount was always offered…now gone. No longer worth the expense.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I was extremely impressed by the customer service provided by Patrick, Connar and Eric. I appreciated the phone call letting me know exactly when they would arrive. They were punctual and extremely professional. I would highly recommend to others.

1-800-GOT-JUNK Company Information