2. Miscellaneous

1.9/5 (9 ratings)

About 1-800-GOT-JUNK

1-800-GOT-JUNK offers full-service junk removal services nationwide. With 24/7 customer service and online booking, 1-800-GOT-JUNK’s services are easy to access and help you responsibly dispose of your junk.

Pros

• Hauls most junk
  • Responsible disposal
  • Convenient service
  • Online booking available

Cons

• Limited to items carried by 2 movers
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-GOT-JUNK is a convenient way to remove junk from your home or business. It disposes of all junk responsibly and removes all items that can be carried by two movers.

How does 1-800-Got-Junk work?

As long as your items can be safely moved by two 1-800-GOT-JUNK crew members, the company hauls them away and responsibly disposes of them. If possible, the company recycles or donates the items to ensure the least amount of waste. Its movers also sweep the area and ensure your space is tidy and presentable.

Here are some of the common items 1-800-GOT-JUNK removes from homes and businesses around the country. If your item isn’t on the list, contact the company to see if it can accept your junk.

• Electronics
  • Appliances
  • Carpeting and rugs
  • Monitors
  • Printers
  • Scanners
  • Copiers

The company schedules pickup around your availability and offers no-contact removal as an added convenience. Its customer service team is available 24/7. If you’re unsure if your project is right for 1-800-GOT-JUNK, request a consultation to discuss the details.

1-800-GOT-JUNK pricing

1-800-GOT-JUNK offers a variety of services, so your costs will vary based on your project. For example, shed removals cost anywhere from $200 to $2,000, while a simple junk haul ranges from $139 to $700.

During your initial consultation, you receive a customized quote based on the type and amount of junk being removed. There are no hidden fees or costs after the fact, and the price you’re quoted will be the final cost.

1-800-GOT-JUNK FAQ

What does 1-800-GOT-JUNK do with the junk?
1-800-GOT-JUNK attempts to donate or recycle the removed items. If it is unable to, it disposes of the junk as responsibly as possible.
Do you have to tip 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
While it isn’t required to tip movers, it’s typically considered a courtesy if you’re satisfied with their work.
How much should I tip furniture haulers?
Most consumers tip movers and haulers between 5% to 10% of the total bill, typically averaging around $10 to $20 for each mover.
How much does 1-800-GOT-JUNK charge for a couch?
The cost of a couch removal depends on the size of the couch. Contact the company for a free estimate.

Do we recommend 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

1-800-GOT-JUNK has a solid reputation and is frequently used as a dumpster alternative during moves and renovations. The company offers convenient scheduling and payment, and it provides you with a customized quote based on the items being removed. If you need junk removed from your property, we recommend 1-800-GOT-JUNK as a convenient, reliable junk hauler.

1-800-GOT-JUNK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I booked 1-800-Got-Junk with ‘Aaron’ from Reading, PA. He assured me that I would get a quote for the job after they assessed it and I was under no obligation to use them. They were 45 minutes late because of long lines at the dump from a previous job. Ok-they notified me so no problem. When they arrived I showed them what needed to be done, which I had already specified when I booked them. The job included removing old mattresses from my basement. They gave me a quote to which I agreed. They went to get the first mattress and within 5 min. they came right back and started to pack up and leave. Aaron pulled out his phone and told me they could not complete the job because of bed bugs, to which he showed me a picture of bed bugs on a white mattress. He told me they couldn’t come back without a certificate of extermination. They fairly ran to their truck and left.

As I nervously called my exterminating company, I realized there were no white mattresses in my basement. I spoke to my exterminating company anyway and they agreed to come out and begin Treatments. There was to be a considerable amount of prep work before they could come out. It was hours of work-and I had just had two major surgeries. When the exterminator came, he did a very thorough Inspection, and concluded that I did NOT have bed bugs. The picture Aaron showed me must have been from the internet, and it provided an excuse for his buddy and him to not do the job. Their ‘lie’ caused me three days of prep work, considerable anxiety, and a $100.00 inspection fee.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We had a great experience. The workers helped remove all our junk in a good manner while being respectful and mindful of covid. They are a great service and would use again and recommend to friends.

Mark

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I experienced dishonest and deceitful treatment from them as I had confirmed an appointment with their dispatcher. I even asked them to note the specific timeframe in their records. Near the appointed time, I confirmed everything again with them and then waited for their arrival. When I called back, they said that they were waiting for another vehicle and suggested that another time be rescheduled. This is very poor business practice and will not use them again especially for the high prices they charge.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The guys that came out today to help move my things. I would like to recognize them, Daryl and Jay. They were wonderful, we're wonderful. They move my things within a short period of time. They was very friendly and helpful and I would like to say thank you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

WARNING- DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! First, nobody called me at or before my scheduled time, I had to reach out to them and then finally got a call 45 mins after my scheduled time...just to tell me they weren't going to be there for another 45 mins. This would have been fine if I was at my home or known ahead of time but I was waiting at my storage unit. To make things better, at the end of my service I was told that their "card system was down" and I needed to go to an ATM and get cash out to pay them (which I found out later was a lie). An hour later I got an emailed receipt for $225 less than what I had actually paid in cash. Called the main number to let them know, they told me it was probably an "accounting error" and would let the franchise know, two more hours later after an "investigation" they told me the two people on my job had lied about me needing to give them cash to try and steal the extra money.

After countless phone calls, confusion and irritation on what was happening, not to mention the inconvenience of having to drive to an atm and paying an ATM fee to take out cash, the company told me they would only returning the tip money I had given the workers. How am I suppose to know I actually got charged the correct amount through paying with cash? No one else was there. Not to mention for putting me through all this all you're going to do is give me the tip money back? Forget it, I hope nobody else ever has to go through this, BUYER BEWARE with this company, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: July 16, 2021

About a month and a half ago I had them come get a refrigerator from my kitchen, left a hammer and screwdriver with the item to remove my door In case it did not fit out. My brother was home to show them everything but is in a wheelchair and could not help. A man named Herman called me in the way I explained that I had left it in case he needed to remove my door. After the job is over they call me from outside to take my payment over the phone, I specifically ask at that time if they had to remove my door. Herman then tells me he did not have to remove my door and then everything went well; I pay the $123 and change with my card over the phone and expect that to be the end. When I get home I find that they did not only dent my door but gouged my $400 and change (more with installation) door in multiple areas. I called right then and there and I’m told I’ll hear back within 24 hours.

Three days go by and I callback, I’m told they’re sorry. They will send a message to Herman who is apparently the manager and have him contact me. Another week and a half goes by I have heard nothing but I received an email from a woman who tells me the case is going to be closed because no one has heard from me. I reply to the email that no one has contacted me as my phone does not have a spam blocker and I answer every call due to my business. And then call the woman explain everything to her surprise Herman said he contacted me multiple times and I did not respond to him.

Surprisingly he contacted me in the morning, but then proceeded to tell me that I was wrong, told me that the screwdriver and hammer I left was not enough to remove a door, got mad during the phone call when I told him that I have pictures and I want it replaced or I want the money to pay for the door and installation, proceeded to try to say that my brother who is in a wheelchair told him he could not remove the door, and then hung up on me. I called back to one 800 got junk flipping out on the way he handled things and then I received a text message from him asking me for the door price and what it would take to fix it. I send all the information back picture of the door with the price tell him it needs to be installed as well he says OK somebody will come measure the door and get back to me.

No one came, so I text him again asking him when they’re supposed to show up he tells me they already came and no one was home, mind you my brother who’s in a wheelchair never leaves because we don’t have a wheelchair ramp he is always home!!! I explain that is not even possible as somebody is always at my house and I have two very large trained watchdogs who will alert the home to anybody there especially that close to the door. I then get a phone call later that night that somebody is on their way to come take a look at my door. I told them I would like them to leave the measurements they find with my brother and to let me know what’s going on the gentleman says OK leaves I have the measurements here when I get home and I am expecting a call to let me know when it would be done.

Nothing came for about a month, so I texted Herman and asked him for an update. He ignored the text. I called the main number at the beginning of this week and was told that the franchise did not answer but somebody will answer me by Wednesday at the latest.. It is now Friday, trying to sell my home and explain that I have a banged up ding the door because of idiots is not the easiest. I have to contact the comptroller as well as an attorney to be able to get this fixed fast enough that I can sell this house, and not be charged way more than needed for the door replacement! If I can give them zero stars or negative I totally would, not just for the original experience, but for every proceeding experience after that. This place is absolutely the worst company I’ve ever done business with!

Original review: June 19, 2021

I had an appointment on a Saturday for the removal of one item (duel recliner loveseat). Jason from "got-junk" texted me for confirmation that morning at 7:55 am. My appointment was 8am to 10am. They did not arrive by 10 am so I sent a text to Jason asking what was going on. He informed me they had a big "2 truck" job and were running behind. I asked when they might get there. He said probably noon. NOPE. That didn't happen. Finally at 1:20pm one of the "crew" phoned me saying it would be another hour before they could make it, as their first two jobs were "2 truck". This same crew member then phoned me at 2:20 pm stating they had run into traffic and could not be there for at least 45 minutes more. Appointment times mean nothing to this company. Unless you plan on hanging around all day this is a terrible company to use.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I'm mad at myself for trying them twice; do yourself a BIG favor- DON'T. I called them at the end of May for what I THOUGHT was a simple task- to clean out a partially filled 10' x 15' storage space at istorage located on 7600 Queen St in Wyncote PA. I explained that I'm handicapped (a bilateral leg amputee), & I needed them to take away the rest of the items left over from my father's house after his sudden passing 2 years ago. The representative explained the process very well; a crew of movers would contact me inside of a 2 hour window at a phone number I provided, meet me at the pre-defined address, look at my job, quote me a price based on their observations, and haul everything away. Simple & straightforward, correct? NO, the process was NOT simple or straightforward at ALL.

I need to stress that NO ONE INITIATED A CALL TO ME until I started to shout at the representative 4 HOURS into my complaining that NO ONE SHOWED UP.

That Sunday at the end of May was HOT. Due to my many health issues, I don't do well in the heat (that is my issue & NOT their fault BTW); what I DO blame them for is the repeated LIE that someone is "on their way" & "the team will call" for 2 hours while I waited in the heat. When they DID call after my shouting at the rep on the phone, they informed me that they had 3 larger, more important jobs ahead of mine, AND maybe they could squeeze me in the next day! I angrily cancelled that pickup. In addition I was charged an extra month at the istorage facility due to 1 800 GOT JUNK's shenanigans.

Despite my better judgement I actually tried the service again- today. Unfortunately the same thing JUST happened AGAIN. The difference being I have a reliable friend with a truck as a backup plan in place. 1 800 GOT JUNK clearly places the importance of its jobs by their size & prospective customer cost instead of order of receipt. If they made that fact clear at the outset BEFORE people like me believe the implied LIE that once they schedule you they will try to honor the scheduled time promised at the initial call, then all bets would be off & all complaints would be SILENCED. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. TWICE. Find another service.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Company gave us a quote, but raised it twice. We were told there would only be a price per truck and then they wanted an hourly fee. A time of 12 pm - 2 pm was the arrival time stated. They did not arrive until 2:15 pm. We were told important documents would be sifted out or if taken brought back. This was not true. Items were taken that should not have been. On the second day only one person came around 10:30, although a “full crew” was promised. After two and a half hours a second person came. After another hour both left to empty truck and get lunch. At 5:00 pm I called to hear where they were. I said I needed to leave in 20 minutes. One man showed up after I left. I do not recommend this crew in West Michigan.

1-800-GOT-JUNK Company Information