4.26/5

Need a home alarm?

CPI Security Systems

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

Need a home alarm?

369 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a hard wired system installed in my new home by CPI. I had several break ins (family member and accomplice) and the alarm would not alert the control center. A tech did come out to change the phone company in the box, but that did not help. A rep from CPI was supposed to come and check it out, but that was canceled. I kept having break ins and would call the company. They sent me notice that they were dropping me from my contract.

After still being broken into through expensive deadbolts, my neighbor suggested that the burglars may be using a strong neodymium magnet. A light bulb went off and I began doing hours of research. This magnet (approx. $300) could probably affect the front door sensor from going off and the intruders could gain entry...along with opening the deadbolt with no picking or lock bumping. This is a scary scenario. I purchased a small door alarm that was coded and tested it using a small neodymium magnet I had purchased. It muffled the set alarm. This could be the latest technique burglars are using. There needs to be testing using this magnet.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hi, Shelia. Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been forwarded to a member of the Customer Care Leadership team.
      Crystal M.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

CPI Security is unbelievable. I bought my house 3 years ago and there was a security system installed (CPI). My wife thought that it would be nice to have this activated since we were in a new area and did not know it very well. I called CPI and they came out and turned the system on. I did not get a new system, they came and turned it on. Last year, we started getting false alarms. Two that the police came out to the house for and numerous others. We called the company and they sent out a technician. He was unable to correct the problem. Since this was a crawl space door and we cannot take numerous days off to wait on technicians, we just bypassed the alarm.

Apparently CPI can override our override (or the system updated and erased the override) and we started getting alarms again. This time in the middle of the night. I called the company to cancel the service because I felt that I was not getting any value for the money I was spending. They informed me that I signed a contract for 5 years of monitoring when I had the system turned on (again no new system) (and I don't deny that a contract might have been signed, but I had just purchased a house and was very busy trying to get moved in).

I said why was this even done, I did not get any new equipment. Their reply was that they didn't force me to sign the contract. When I asked why it was necessary to obligate people to a 5 year contract, they side-stepped the question and told me the ways that I could get out of the contract. I could pay 75% of the remaining time on the contract ($750), I could upgrade my equipment (their new policy is to sell the equipment with no contracts) for $500 (+installation I'm sure) and then immediately cancel the contract, or if I sell my home and convince the new owners to purchase the service, it would void my contract.

So my options are to pay them, pay them, or sucker someone else into paying them. I will never deal with this company again and I will do everything I can to prevent others from falling into their trap. Just read their solutions on the BBB site to see how they handle customer complaints. Lesson learned, always read the contract and never do business with CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hi, Eric. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the frustration this has caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I see a member of the Customer Support leadership team has reached out to offer a resolution. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further.
      Crystal M.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

System Check | Battery Replacement. Rudi reached out to announce his arrival. He was on-time and ready for work. He quickly completed the tasks, explaining to me along the way what was being accomplished. He was very personable. I enjoyed having him service the system. I would welcome him into my home anytime.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hi Jack. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudi provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had arranged for a temporary suspension of service while moving from one house to another and found the service had not been paused as ordered. When I called to correct the problem the service staff were pleasant, efficient, and immediately corrected the problem and gave me a credit for my over payment. While this may seem like a service problem to some I saw it as excellent service. Most companies are difficult to deal with when they have made a mistake; it's like a war to get the problem corrected. I would note this is the only issue I have had with CPI in several years of service at two locations. I find the service easy to use, especially the phone app, very effective, and all the staff pleasant and knowledgeable. It's really delightful to work with a company like CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hi Linda, Thank you for providing your review on CPI Security. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, at all.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Nice experience with Tech Walter. He was very clear and explained everything very clearly. Very happy with installation and technician very thorough. Happy with CPI. Would recommend to others. Like the setup. I don’t have any other comments but I’m pleased.

Hello Michele,

Thank you for your review! Please let us know if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Michael was an outstanding installation technician, and we are very happy with the system in our new home. He called ahead of time as promised, arrived on time, and did a very thorough job of getting our system installed an up and running.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hello Stephen. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Michael provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Justin came out to get our cameras hooked up to our account and he went "above and beyond" making sure our entire security system was set up probably. He also noticed that certain door contacts could be placed in a better position for added security and showed us how to use features on the system that suited our needs. We really appreciated that he wanted to make sure the whole system was set up in the best possible way, even though he was just coming out for the cameras. Big thanks to Justin!!

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Greg. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Justin was so helpful! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Overall very positive experience. Impressed with CPI on a number of fronts. Stephen ** really sold CPI to me. Impressive. My install tech Thad ** was also excellent. Very good manners and solid workmanship. He had a nice personality. Highly recommend to anyone. In fact I plan to refer friends to Stephen. Thank you.

Hi Michael,
      Thank you for your review. Good to hear that Stephen and Thad did a great job making sure that you felt comfortable with your decision. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Sean was fantastic, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It was a please working with him. My router was not working correctly and he help me to solve the issue. He answered all of my questions and provided me with an extensive tutorial.

CPI Security Systems response
      Hello Amelia. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Sean provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Thanks to Joe for the outstanding job (camera repair) this morning. He is extremely knowledgeable, customer focused, prompt and the technician I will be requesting for all future repairs and upgrades. He is a true gem to CPI and serve/represents your company well.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Luke Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the customer service Joe provided! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

CPI Security Systems Company Information