Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 8, 2019

Quote was provided in a professional and thorough manner and they committed and delivered on the installation date provided on date of quote. Barbara was the great salesperson we dealt with. Jeff was the installer who arrived on time. He was extremely careful to put down protective sheets on floors and amazingly did not bump any walls doing the install in a small bathroom. He was in and out within 5 hours. He removed old tub and shower doors and installed new tub, doors. faucets and shower walls in that time, Jeff cleaned up after himself and hauled away old material. I have never been so impressed by service before. Friendly professional and efficient. As we have only one bathroom a one day install was the best for our situation. I absolutely love the final result.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Maureen! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with an amazing experience and a beautiful new bathtub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 8, 2019

It was mainly the TV ads of Bath Fitter that got us to call them. We needed to get our bathroom done and we had done research on bathroom remodeling companies. But our bathroom is in use, so we didn’t have a space of time where we could get it done. We needed it done in a day and that was really the reason that we went with Bath Fitter. We would have done it differently if we had more time. The sales representative was also one of the reasons that we purchased from them. He was excellent and explained some details. We got the tub surround for our bathroom, along with the new plumbing that comes with it, as well as a double soap holder and a soap dish. Someone came over and measured our bathroom, and that was fine. Then the guy that did the installation was very polite and neat. He was very pleasant and kept us informed. Bath Fitter did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Glenn! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 8, 2019

The products that I purchased from Bath Fitter were the shower and the overlay for the tub. They kept my original tub, but we did that and the whole shower unit. The whole thing was great. Ray, the lady sales rep that came out, was wonderful from start to finish. The installers were very professional and nice. They explained everything and did a completely awesome job. I'm very much satisfied with the overall quality and look of my purchase. I would recommend Bath Fitter and I have done so.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kimberly! Wow! Thank you very much for this wonderful review! We are very pleased to hear that everything went well from beginning to end. We appreciate the recommendation also. Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I used Bath Fitter when I lived in Maryland and they did such a nice job. So, we went with them again at this house and the experience was excellent. They did two bathroom tubs and they did a very nice job. It took them three days and the quality was very good. I’m completely satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Sharon! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you a great experience! We look forward to helping you with your next project!

Original review: April 6, 2019

Jason showed up right on time, discussed with us what the job would involve and got to work. He was very friendly and worked throughout the day, he was also so neat. Cleaned up any and all mess. You had no idea at the end of the day someone had been working in our house. This is our second time using Bath Fitter and we have been pleased both times.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Judith! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you a great experience for the second time! Thank you for your business!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: April 6, 2019

Bill came by our house to explain the benefits of BF and how they could help us achieve our dream. While the overall cost was high, it is well worth it. Jason arrived early and asked if it was okay for him to start. We showed him the bathroom to be serviced and he was all set. Jason was by himself and said it wouldn't be a problem taking the tub out. We expected him to haul the tub out whole. After some loud noises we saw him carrying out the tub that he cut in half. I looked in about halfway through and was surprised at how busy and thorough he was. After he had the walls up and fixtures, he asked us where we wanted the grab bars placed. He took measurements off my wife and transferred it to the walls.

Upon returning from an appointment, he took a few moments and explained how to operate the sliding hand-held and shower head. (Great pair to have.) He cleaned up after himself and even mentioned some tiling had fallen to the floor below and after seeing where it went, cleaned that up too. After seeing the work involved from before, during and after; the cost quoted is well worth it. My wife and I have used it a couple times and are very happy with the whole job. Great Job Bath Fitter. This new shower will make our lives so much easier and safer.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Kate and Arty! We are glad to hear Jason was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many years to come!

Original review: April 6, 2019

Bath Fitter has a lot of commercials and I’ve seen them in a couple of home shows. I liked the turnaround time of how quickly they could complete the project. It was a rental and we had to get it done. We made the phone call and I had a gentleman call me back. He met with us, explained all the options, showed the different finishes, explained the materials that would be used and how the whole project would be done. We decided to go forward with it. The sales guy did some preliminary measurements. He had all the products with him. Then, a second group came in. They did the more precise or second checking of measurements. We ordered the product type we wanted, the finish and all that kind of stuff. This was a complete floor to ceiling install of the bathtub and surround and we needed the quickest turnaround possible. We heard that Bath Fitter could do it in a day and the guy guaranteed it would get done in a day.

On the day it was finished, two gentlemen showed up and literally removed tile, drywall and backer board. They replaced all of the structural stuff and anything that needed done. All the plumbing was also replaced, which was included in the package. We were all explained that. They literally did that in eight hours at the most. I'm amazed. It was fantastic and absolutely outstanding. Any time you spend money, you wanna do it cheaper and Bath Fitter was expensive. However, it was less expensive than a couple of big-box store estimates we got for just replacing the tub. Bath Fitter did the entire replacement, so it was very fair in that aspect. The salesman was outstanding. The crew that came in and did the work were just two guys but the place was spotless when they left. There was no pressure. Everybody showed up and they were extremely polite. They were very nice to the renters and they were very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dan! Thank you very much for this amazing review. We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you a great experience, and we appreciate you taking the time to explain just how well the whole installation went! Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter. So far, the overall look of the remodel is great and the quality is good. The installers were really good and the Bath Fitter people were very nice.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Becky! We are so glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Bath Fitter took off the old siding that goes around the bathtub and covered up the bathtub because there was mold growing in there. I do daycare, so I could not watch them all the time but they told me what they were doing. But when I had a chance, I also checked up what they were doing in my bathroom upstairs. Overall, the remodel is good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Calla! Thank you so much for your review! Happy to know that your remodel went well!

Original review: April 4, 2019

We got showers and bathtub from Bath Fitter and the sales representative was good and knowledgeable. The installation team was great too. They're fast workers and my overall satisfaction with the remodel is A+. Bath Fitter did a good job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your response Ken ! Happy to hear you are fully satisfied with your install!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I used Bath Fitter 20 years ago and I liked what they did then. So, I bought a new shower stall from them again and the sales guy gave me nice business. I was pleased. The man who did the installation also did a great job and nice clean-up. I recommended Bath Fitter to four or five people already and if anybody asks, I’d recommend it again.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your recommendation Paul! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 2, 2019

We removed an old bath and surround all joined together that was all chipped when we moved into the house, and we replaced it with a shower and a glass door. Bath Fitter is less expensive and we used them. We had an incredibly thorough conversation with the gentleman concerned who gave us the deal. The installation was done by one gentleman and he was fantastic. He was in and out in no time at all. There was also no inconvenience at all. I'm pleased with my experience and I highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hello SAlly! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that our installer was able to provide you with a beautiful new bathroom for you to enjoy for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Just recently had a Bath Fitter tub, wainscoting and accessories installed. I must say that I was impressed with all Bath Fitter representatives that came to my home. Mr. **'s manners, professionalism and presentation was great. Mr. ** who came to remeasure to remeasure apparently got the numbers right because everything seems to fit perfectly. Edgar **., the installer must be the best installer in the company. He was very professional & pleasant. He seemed to take proud in the work that he performs and pay very close attention to detail. The only reason I gave Bath Fitter 4 stars is because I had to ask for an itemized invoice to be sent so I could actually see what I was paying for. The prices should be on the original contract.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diana, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you a great experience! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

I examined samples of the product that Bath Fitter used. They guaranteed that their product was a back buy, and decided that I would give that a try because it was a lot less expensive than tearing walls out of my bathroom to replace my tub. I purchased a bathtub and had good interactions with their sales team. However, we argued as they gave me a price. I looked at them and asked if they were out of their minds. Still, Bath Fitter can bring it to a reasonable price when pushed to. The day the installer came to do the installation was tremendous. He was phenomenal, neat, clean, organized and did some of the best caulking seams I've ever seen. I'm very pleased with the final product. It's a good product and it's very easy to clean.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anthony, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 31, 2019

We had the sales rep Jon come out and sell us on the tub removal and large shower install. The installation date was scheduled. The technician who performed the installation was extremely polite and personable. After he finished on the 2nd day it was late and he had to hurry and leave for an appointment. Upon review of the project there were several issues. Where the tech had cut the door top rail there are shards of metal, the outer shower door will not shut due to a piece of plastic that was not removed, the shower surround was not cut square, the caulk job is at best horrible. My expectations is that for spending just over $8000 the finished product should be far better. I have left 2 messages of Jon, neither of which has been returned. Extremely disappointed with this provider.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jack, customer service is very important to us and we want to ensure you are fully satisfied. We will forward your message to our local branch and have them reach out to assist. Thank you!

Original review: March 31, 2019

We bought the tub and the shower, the shower head and the walls from Bath Fitter. It was a great experience working with their rep. Whenever I left a message or anything, he would get right back to me and it’s just efficient. Installation took the whole day. They guys that did it were knowledgeable, and they did a really nice job.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mike! Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your new Bath Fitter product. We are also happy to know that all your inquiries were answered in a timely fashion. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 30, 2019

We purchased from Bath Fitter back in February. We had a cover placed over our tub and a cover placed over our tiling in the bathroom area. It’s beautiful and we love it. It’s so easy to clean. The sales rep was a lot of fun and I was impressed that he can come in, bring me samples and show me what I was looking at and what I was buying. He was really good at showing me and making sure that I understood how they were gonna place things on the wall. It was as if he had done it himself because he knew the whole process. It was nice to see somebody that could come in and explain everything. The guys that did the install were great. There was no mess. Those people came in, did what they had to do, showed me everything afterward and just asked if I had any questions. Bath Fitter has good people.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Karen! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with such a great experience! Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My big soaker tub was high to get into and I wanted to get a shower. In February, I got one with the bottom like a dimple-type thing from Bath Fitter and its installation was good. The installer gave me all the information that I needed to know. Mine is one of those where I can take the shower head off though and he put it in the same faucet the old one was in and I can't really reach it. It's too high. Still, I love the shower. I like that I could get into it easily. I would recommend Bath Fitter highly.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Ann! We are glad to hear you are loving your new shower! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I used Bath Fitter about five years ago for a tub. They came in one day and they were out the next. I liked the work and it was a simple thing to do two projects in a row, both this time and last time. Also, my experience in dealing with their sales reps was excellent both times. It was short and sweet. The installation was very nice too. The installers and plumbers were awesome. I am a lady with particular things. I tried to see what was going on and each time, they were very nice to me and they showed me what I asked them. They gave me no lip, no grief, no faces, nothing like that. It was a nice relationship. The final products were awesome too and I’m loving them. I am very excited about my new tub surround.

I'm telling everybody about Bath Fitter. Everyone should try it at least once. If you can afford for someone outside to come in and do your bathroom for you, compare the prices. Bath Fitter might even be a little bit more expensive but it's worth every bit of it because it has a lifetime warranty. When my tub had issues, I called to see about the warranty and I asked how much I would have to pay to get it repaired but they said that it has a lifetime warranty. I couldn't believe it and I had to pinch myself. I had to ask the lady three times if she was sure. I couldn't have made a better choice than I did.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Kathy! We are thrilled to hear you are still loving your tub after 5 years, and that our team was able to resolve all issues. Thank you for your review!

Original review: March 27, 2019

Bath Fitter's quote was half of what Tundraland had and on February 21st, we purchased a tub and a surround. For the installation, a plumber came in first. He wasn’t very personable. He was here for a bit and then, he just left and didn’t say anything. We didn’t even know he was gone. Then, another guy came in to put the tub in and he was very good. On the other side of our tub where there is a little open area for the cabinets, the plumber put the spigots for the water to come out. When he screwed it in, a screw came out on the other side of the wall. He just left and I don’t know if he realized that he did it but he just bolted. We weren’t too happy about that but my husband was able to cut the screw off, re-putty the wall and repaint it. However, the installers should come back and do that themselves.

We went with the silvery color for the bathroom and it’s fine although I wish I went with different color fixtures. Also, the shower curtain has the bow thing which is screwed on the sides and I don’t care for at all. I couldn’t change it but I put a clear curtain on it and then I got a different rod that springs. It’s not hooked on to the unit that they put in. It’s on our regular wall and now I have the regular shower curtains and I covered that up. I remedied that myself and it’s not attached because we didn’t wanna mess up the warranty of the surround. Now, when I walk in the bathroom, I like what I’m seeing. My tub is a little wider and it’s my favorite part of it. It also has these little wings in it that I could push myself to get up.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kris! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a product for you and your husband to enjoy for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 26, 2019

James ** was the installation technician. He got here early and spend some time setting up before he started. He was polite and super professional. He did not stop working the entire day and was very meticulous about his work. The end result was amazing and above and beyond my expectations. After he was done he gave us a summary of the product and the services available to us if anything happen. I was very satisfy with the quality of the service and most of all with the quality of the product.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your kind words Adrianne! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had a serious problem in the property that had been affected by other people living there for 10 years and I needed to do something. I didn’t know where to begin, so I explored other options and Bath Fitter was the one that seemed to have the solution. I had three showers ripped out and replaced in the past three months and last month was the end of the third one. Dealing with their sales rep was wonderful. Working with the installers was extraordinarily easy too. They were thorough, interactive and educational. There was an incident that absolutely would not have ever been known that it was gonna come up and we worked on it together and solved it. Everything about them was remarkable and I love them.

Bath Fitter and I interact very easily. When I make a phone call, I speak to them all personably. Also, the final product is beautiful. I had a ruined mess but now I have three beautiful showers. I live alone and I problem-solved a major change in my old Victorian farmhouse and Bath Fitter was a part of it. I wish it hasn’t been as expensive as it has but that has nothing to do with anything. When it was all over and done, it was beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Mary! We are thrilled to hear you were satisfied with our work, and you are loving your new showers! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had a bathtub with a shower that was installed outside of the wall and I wanted to clean it up a little bit. We re-plumbed it back inside the wall and put the Bath Fitter fitting but I kept my tub, which may have been a mistake but I did it and it worked out fine. The project was a little bit too expensive but the Bath Fitter service was great. When they said they were gonna do it, they did it. It was done very promptly and the guy who did it was great. The guy who managed it for me was great as well and he even did a couple of things more for me. I've recommended Bath Fitter to some of my friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chuck, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Disappointing that Bath Fitter advertises LIFETIME WARRANTY - When that's not actually the case! My corner shelf has cracked, I called to get a replacement only to be told at first that my warranty was only for 5 yrs since I had the installation done in 2004, a new company took over and in 2005 it became a Lifetime warranty, so I no longer had a warranty! So it would be a $95.00 charge. However, I happen to have my warranty card "LIFETIME WARRANTY" WHICH MEANS LIFETIME. NOT 5 YRS! Then I was told the charge would then be $45, since I have to pay for travel and labour, even though there should be no charge at all under the warranty.

Her rationale was "consider it to be similar to getting a part replaced on your car under warranty, the part is covered at no cost but you have to pay labour." Really!! Sorry but it does not work that way, sorry to inform you but if a part is covered under the warranty on my vehicle its covered at no cost. I know how that works! Be leary of the term LIFETIME WARRANTY I guess is the lesson to be learned here with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, we understand our branch has contacted you and will be working to resolve this issue. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: March 24, 2019

Michael, installer, did not finish in the one day. Three days later another installer came to finish the job. He ran the water but the drain was plugged. He called office but no response, he said that everyone went home at 2pm on Fridays. He went out and purchased a bottle of Drano and poured 1/2 down the drain. He instructed me to wait an hour then run some hot water and pour rest of Drano down drain. Still not cleared.

In reading literature later noted that was told that Drano was not to be used under any circumstances. I called the office on Monday 9:30am and they said they would try to get someone out later in the week. I said I wanted it fixed now and they told me to call Bill Howe Plumbing and I told them to call. Bill Howe Plumbing came out that morning and large chunk of plaster was blocking drain. He was able to chew it up with his machine and then drain was cleared. After drain cleared noticed leak in water pipe at the wall fitting. Called Bath Fitter and they said they would try to get someone out later in the week. I got mad and called head office and complained. They did send someone out on the Thursday and 8 am and it took him 15 min to tighten the fitting and check it out. I was very disappointed in the service once the job was started and once they received the final payment they were in no rush to fix the minor problems that occurred.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, we're sorry to hear your experience with Bath Fitter was not a positive one. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve in the future. We will forward your review to our local branch. Should you ever require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I wanted to change the color of my tub. I made my purchase with Bath Fitter about two months ago and it was my first time doing a remodel with them. The salesperson tried to be pushy, and he threatened me that if I didn't buy that day, he wasn't gonna come back out ever again. I didn't like that. The installation guy, on the other hand, was very nice and I liked him. The workmanship was perfect and I have absolutely no complaints. I like that the white tub matches the other white features. I originally had a turquoise toilet, a turquoise sink and a turquoise tub, and I got sick of the whole retro. But I like the old subway tiles, so I changed the toilet and the sink to white.

I also like the fact that I was able to spruce up my bathroom and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The tile was turning to plaster and when I looked at getting remodels, everybody wanted around 25 to 30, even $40,000. The house is only worth 200,000 and I didn't wanna spend that much on the bathroom. Nevertheless, I like the bathroom a lot and I would tell my family and friends to definitely go with Bath Fitter. It's a good product, it's affordable and it looks nice. It looks like the tub is always white.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Shirley! We are glad to hear you are happy with your new bathroom! We appreciate your feedback and we will be looking into your concern regarding the salesperson. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 23, 2019

We bought an insert to cover our claw footed old tub. It was well and quickly installed and looked great for a a few months. Then it began to get dark yellow stains. More and more came and couldn't be cleaned off. Bath Fitter sent someone who was no help, had no idea what caused the problem or could be done about it. He said he'd check around and get back to us. We never heard from him or anyone else from Bath Fitter again. Now the new insert is as ugly (in a different way) as the 150 year old porcelain tub. Trying to find out if I paint over it, or do something else to have a decent looking tub! I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give. Pots.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Toni, thank you for reaching out. We have passed your message along to our branch and understand that they have contacted you and will be working to assist with this issue. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I realize we had our Bath Fitter tub install in 2005 but it has a Lifetime Warranty. I called Bath Fitter because there are 3 yellow streaks on the side of the tub. They first quoted me a price of $470. But brought it down to $450. So much for Lifetime Warranty!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rosemary, we understand your frustration and we are sorry to hear about this issue. All Bath Fitter products are under our Lifetime Warranty, however there is a labor charge for the work. The streaks are likely the result of soap residue built up over time. We will send you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2019

My daughter heard about Bath Fitter on TV and she said it looked like a good deal and that we should call there and see. The rep came out, talked to us and made it sound good. He showed us what my husband needed for therapy work. We had a tub before and my husband was very sick at that time, and he couldn’t step over the tub. Bath Fitter has railings on everything and no step, just about six or eight inches to walk in. The rep was very polite and he answered the questions that we had. My husband asked him and decided to go along with it because that was what he needed, and it all turned out good.

We got a $1,000 deal from the insurance and the purchase took longer in order to get that organized. Still, the installation went well and the installers cleaned everything up. We are satisfied with the final product. I call it my husband’s bathroom. He's really sick and he can’t walk well, but he could step in the tub and he likes that we have a chair. We also got some extra handles by the bathtub.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Luanna. We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a new bathtub that will be able to assist with your husband's condition. Thank you for your review!

Original review: March 22, 2019

The upstairs bathroom was old, ugly and needed to be updated. I had a bathtub and wanted to take that out and put a shower, which Bath Fitter did the first time for our downstairs bathroom. They're expensive, but they did good work. When I went to them, I knew what I wanted and the interactions with their reps were very business-like, friendly and nice. The installation of the products was great, and the team that did it was neat. They were also done quickly.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Merrie, thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information