2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.3/5 (116 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: July 9, 2019

The house is about 40 years old and everything was wearing out. It needed to be fixed. Bath Fitter was the only remodeling company that I had heard of, other than just absolutely devastating the bathroom and we didn't wanna be six weeks without a bathroom. The sales representative was very informative. He explained our options, what was available and what wasn’t, and he went over it very carefully with us.

The installation team was very professional and polite too. They cleaned up after themselves very well. They were out of here by 2 o’clock and everything was done. They redid all the plumbing and covered the tub with a new plastic insert. They also did the walls and the sliding glass doors. I was very impressed. It is beautiful. I probably harassed the installers a little bit with my conversation but we got along very well. I enjoyed them. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend. I like the lifetime guarantee and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than replacing everything.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Roger, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a wonderful experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bath Fitter was a recommendation from a friend. We did the bathtub with them and it was an excellent experience. They’re very courteous. The guy came in and professionally did what he needed to do in one day. I like the whole bathroom shower kit that they put in. It has a great quality. I was completely satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review JD! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I did two showers with Bath Fitter. One is a walk-in and the other is a shower-tub combination, but I didn't do the tub. I made that purchase about two months ago. Their people were all very good and polite. They were on time, they did what they said they were going to do, and they did the work very quickly. I was highly impressed. I like my showers very much and I would use Bath Fitter again.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Daniel! We hope you will continue to enjoy your Bath Fitter units for many years to come!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Bath Fitter. I had tried a contractor, but they were unresponsive and they didn’t show up. So, I decided to go through a more professional company. Bath Fitter did an extra total install. They had to put in a drain, put in the shower. Their sales reps were professional and they had everything together and explained everything consistently. The installation team was also very professional and they were on time. I understood exactly what they were gonna do and the timeframe too. The products are wonderful. It’s really good and I am very impressed with the quality. Bath Fitter did a very good job and I’m very happy with them and I would recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 5, 2019

Although it has been a few years since I had Bath Fitter give me a quote, I feel inclined to write about my experience. They do not tell you in the advertisement that they do not install over fiberglass tubs. They wanted to rip out my entire bath/shower and install a brand new one for over $7,000. Also, because I would not commit on the day they came, they would not honor my coupon. Then, they hassled me by calling back 3 times and wanted to come again and give me another chance for them to say the same thing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary Jane, we are able to install over certain fiberglass tubs however it works on a case by case basis, which is why our experts have to evaluate your bathtub during our free in-home consultation. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I first saw Bath Fitter from an ad on television, and then I talked to an individual that was in the finance association that I belong to that they did work for him. After talking to him, I decided to have somebody come out and talk to us about redoing my mother's bathroom and make it easier for her to get in the shower and hoping it would be best that they didn't have a walk-in bathtub, that we figured with her chair, she'd be okay with the route that we took. And the fact that the corners weren't gonna be caulked and everything was gonna be seamless, we thought it'd be a better way to go.

The salesman had his brochure and he talked to her and went over everything with her also and made suggestions. And everything was very professional with him. He gave us every discount that he could think of giving us and gave us some ideas of his, and then he also took some of our ideas and said, "Yeah, that should work too."

The plumber got there exactly at exactly 7:00 like he said he was gonna be. He started doing the work and he said the other team would be in. I said, "Okay. I've gotta go to up to the restaurant and get a drink," because I gotta let things dry as far as the soldering before he did a lot of stuff in the basement. He said he'd probably be gone by the time I get back 'cause he had to do a little bit of running.

The plumber was gone when I got back, but everything was ready to go. And the installer came for the vinyl with the wrapping to put in the tub. I said, "Where's your helper?" He said, "This is it." He started breaking up the tub and tearing it piece by piece. The plumber said he'd probably be there until 3:00 or 3:30, and he was finished by 1:30. He was very professional and it was a very good job.

My mother is tickled to death. She's 85 years old now and she can't climb up into the tub like she used to be able to, which is a five-inch step. And she said, "I think I'm gonna be in seventh heaven." I even told my wife that if we can afford it, we're gonna look into it for her 'cause she has a form of leukemia and her bones and muscles aren't working real good especially after she gets the chemo shot. As soon as we think we can afford it, I'll be giving Bath Fitter another call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tim, thank you for your review!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I had three things done by Bath Fitter. Two in Hoboken, one in DC. Bath Fitter had the molds for this one very unusual bathtub, so I went with it. And it’s made all the difference in the world. My experience with their reps went very well. The ones that I dealt with in Hoboken and in DC were wonderful men and very helpful, too. The installation team was very good as well. I’m 100% pleased. I would use them again. I’ve recommended them to people and I couldn’t be happier.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Merry! We are thrilled to hear our teams were able to provide you with great experiences and complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's warranty. I bought a tub and shower, and the quality is good. Everything was all good as long as you were purchasing. But after the purchase, they seemed cold. I had a concern and never received an answer. It was about he way the spigot was situated. Instead of straight up, it was to the side. But when I saw the commercial, I noticed that that’s the way it’s supposed to be. I got my answer from the TV commercial. But the installation was perfect. The guy was very nice.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Karen, thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We had the shower installed years ago by Bath Fitter and we decided this year to have a glass door put on. They've been excellent when we had the actual shower installed. It was always kind of a spring to the shower floor in our original shower, and normally, they just do it right over top of the existing shower. But when the technician came out and he felt that spring like we did, he recommended taking that out completely and having a whole new one. They also gave us an idea. I have two bars installed and I have a seat. The built-in seat would've taken up a lot of room in the shower. Because the shower was small and I said it looked like the seat was gonna be big, he said they could always put one that they bolt against the wall that we can fold up. It was same price either way. That really opens up the shower and I just put it down when I'm in the shower.

One of the bolts fell out and apparently there was a problem with the hardware. They came right out and repaired it. They were aware of the defect, but it was after the fact. They didn't know it going into it. They've been very easy to work with and they're doing the best job. It might've cost us a little bit extra, but it was worth it in the long run. Bath Fitter quality is excellent. There's a display in the BJ's we go to and they always come up to us. I say, "I already have one. I love it and I recommend it to anybody."

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Sandra! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Every person I dealt with at Bath Fitter Utah was exceptional. I scheduled the consultation with Shelby (sp?) and she was very helpful. Tyson came to our house and spent over two hours talking to us, gave me the answers to all my questions, educated us on the shower install process and was even willing to breakdown the total estimate so I could see how he came up with the final number. I never felt like he was a salesman, but rather a friend. They were about three months out on installation but then were able to move the install up about three weeks. I wish we would have gotten a new shower 10 years ago (I noticed water under the base coming up through the drain about mid April).

I received another estimate (just out of curiosity, I'd already committed to Bath Fitter) from a competitor shortly after meeting with Tyson and they were $3500 more and made promises that weren't feasible on the final product. A few days before the install, Stephanie (sp?) called to verify the appt. and go over the information I needed for when the installer arrived. Nathan got to our house right at 8am on July 1 and was ready to go. He worked nonstop from 8am and was done and gone by 3:30pm. He was so fast but thorough. I checked on the progress regularly to see how it was coming along and never once did he act like I was an inconvenience. He never cut corners, tore out EVERYTHING down to the studs and the final product is amazing. Both my husband and I could not be happier with the process and the gorgeous shower we have now. Thank you Bath Fitter, I will recommend your company again and again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 2, 2019

We’re very satisfied overall with the services that we received from Bath Fitter from start to finish - with the salesman, the installer and everything afterwards. They came and gave an estimate. They were reasonable and we liked the product. Their salesperson was professional and he did a good job. We had a good experience with Bath Fitter and I would recommend them to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Suzanne! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Somebody recommended Bath Fitter to me. In May, I purchased their shower and I am enjoying it very much. The salesman was very good and knowledgeable. The installers were very good too.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Karen!!

Original review: June 30, 2019

We had a walk in shower installed to replace an old tub shower. The workman showed up on time and began working right away. He even had to repair something that had gone wrong with the drain pipe into the building. He wouldn't have had to do that, but it guaranteed the finished job would be correct. Overall, they did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review John! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 29, 2019

WOW! I love my finished tub surround! From my consultant Jerry ** to my installer John ** thank you so much for your professionalism and great work! John was able to install it in half a day and it looks beautiful! He was so professional and efficient! I can't wait to be able to use my second bathroom again. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Keisha, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Jerry and John were able to provide you with a great experience! We hope you will continue to enjoy your bathtub for many years to come!!

Original review: June 28, 2019

We were familiar with Bath Fitter from my mother-in-law and saw some of the job that they did with her and so, we were thinking about going with them. We were a little surprised when we had a three-and-a-half-hour meeting when the sales rep came. He was long-winded but he did good. I bought a bathtub and we didn’t have any issue with anything that the installation team did. We had some stuff in the bathroom and some counters that he put in a box, and he kinda left that but he cleaned up everything else. We have an older bathroom and we didn't remodel the whole thing but we were thinking about eventually doing the floor. They said that we could call them up if we had the floor done, and they would reseal around the tub after the floor had been put in. I have used the tub only once but the rest of my family uses it more and I like it better than what we had, because we had a cracked tub that wasn't good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Charlene! We are so glad to hear you and your family are happy with, and enjoying, you new Bath Fitter tub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 27, 2019

We were ready to do something in our bath and Bath Fitter was the first we called. I liked what I saw in the commercials and I read reviews. I had a good feeling about them, so we went with them. We got a new bathtub, surround, the shower head, and the Moen fixtures. We had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Their sales representative was very informative, not pushy, and answered all of our questions. I had a bunch of them. Then once we had the work done, it was very accurate with everything he said. So, we were very comfortable with him and he was very pleasant to work with.

Everything went smoothly as well during the installation. I had to work at the time and my daughter had to be here for it but I kept calling to check up on how things were going. My daughter was there to answer any questions they had. It was on a Wednesday that the master plumber was here and on Thursday, the installer was here. By early Thursday afternoon, it was all installed. Everything was clean after they left and you couldn't tell that anybody was here. Also, I was always the one that had to do the caulking and I was so impressed with whoever did the installation of the tub, the surround, and the caulking. It looks so wonderful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 26, 2019

During a very difficult financial time (toxic mold destroyed our home - had to go through remediation, getting rid of most of our belongings, renovating the entire house, etc...) we were at the mercy of contractors to quickly renovate our home, including the bathroom. Unfortunately, given our situation we did not have time to shop around and wait on numerous quotes and estimates. Because it was during a busy season as well, most contractors were not able to start for a few months, so we had to piece together different companies and contractors to do smaller jobs.

After talking with the Bath Fitter salesman, we weren't impressed, but needed to move ahead quickly and decided to go with them using the Aqua Source financing. The salesman changed the price numerous times, told us we couldn't use our coupon that we had received in the mail because "that was only valid in a few states" (even though NOTHING was written on the coupon stating that), and told us that was the lowest price he could offer.

It seems after reading multiple reviews from different sites, they absolutely will call back if you don't accept that first number, and offer you a lower price. It also seems based on the other prices I'm seeing for very similar projects, we were overcharged. I feel like this was done by a sleazy salesman who knew we were in a vulnerable financial situation. I'm not seeing other prices that come close to the $6200 we were charged for having a basic shower installed (one shower replaced, faucets, and one shelf for toiletries, removal of one, cheap, old shower insert that was already falling off). After all of this, nobody even came back to caulk/seal the shower like they said they would.

It's unfortunate that the two men who did the actual install, measuring, etc... were nice and did a good job. I do not like the sleazy salesman approach that Bath Fitter use at all though, and will never be using this company again or recommending them to anybody. Although convenient and quicker than most local contractors, it's not worth the extra $3000-4000 we paid. We absolutely feel scammed and like they price gouged based on our unfortunate situation at the time.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Megan, since each project is different, our pricing really depends on the scope of your project and your choices of style and accessories. Customer service is very important to us and we'd like the opportunity to discuss further. Our local team will be in touch shortly to address your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We had water trapped between the old tub and the new Bath Fitter tub. This is the second time this has happened in about 10 years. The first time, I called Bath Fitter and had a service technician come out the same day. He repaired the problem within 1 hour. The problem came back again. I called Bath Fitter again and had to make an appointment with a manager to come out and look at the problem before they would send out a repairman. This appointment took over a week.

When the manager came, he said the repair would take at least 5 hours and would cost approximately $600. He said it was due to a crack in the caulking. The caulking cracked because the bathtub would shift due to the water between the tubs. If there wasn't water between the tubs, the caulking wouldn't have cracked. This exact same situation happened before and I had no problem having a serviceman come out and fix it for free as Bath Fitter is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee. They must have changed their policy and now they do not honor their guarantee. I would not recommend going with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Isabell, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Bath Fitter unit. All Bath Fitter acrylic products are covered by our limited lifetime warranty, however the silicone is not covered. We understand our branch manager has reached out to provide you with options to assist with this matter but has not been able to reach you. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I know the name Bath Fitter because it’s popular, and then I came to find out the people that live underneath me got Bath Fitter and they had it confirmed, that it worked out really well for them. So, I just went with it. They had a shower done. It was like fiberglass, so they had to remove the whole thing. It was just a plain wall and the lowest model we could possibly get.

The sales guy was nice, but it’s just coincidence I ran into another Bath Fitter guy at the bar that I worked at and I could’ve got a better price and didn’t realize that he kinda got me a little bit on the shower doors. So, I didn’t appreciate that very much, but he’s like the son of the owner or something like that. But it’s what it is. He was nice enough though. I would just suggest to negotiate the prices for sure and make sure they’re telling the same prices.

The guy that installed was great. There was no mess left behind. It was wonderful. But as far as the getting it installed, the ball was dropped with Bath Fitter somewhere. And that was only the frustrating part because I took a day off work and they were supposed to give my condo complex five days’ notice for the water shut off. I guess somebody went on vacation and didn’t relay the message so everybody was there and the water wasn’t shut off. So, I had to take another day off work later in the month. But overall it was a good experience. There was just a couple of hiccups, but it’s a huge job, so it’s kind of to be expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lindsey, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Bath Fitter did our second bathroom. Their rep came out and he was topnotch. He explained everything to us. There were outstanding things. They can get it done in one day, and it's guaranteed for life, and it's transferable if we sell the house. So far, we're very satisfied. We converted one bathtub to a shower and put handrails in because my husband was having hip surgery. We redid the bathtub in the hall bathroom and put bars in there because my daughter needs bars. And it just works out perfectly. The guy that installed was very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 24, 2019

I had to get a few quotes because VA paid for most of my project due to my disability. I chose Bath Fitter because they had better material. They were very professional and very clean. We were really satisfied with the end product. The shower is very nice and very maintenance-free.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Richard! We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many more years to come!!

Original review: June 23, 2019

The sales rep was attentive, and responded to emails and questions. The installation team came on time, and they did a good job. They were considerate when we have questions. I'd recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Michael! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

The sales guy that I talked to made a lot of promises and explained how they were gonna keep them. And when the installers came out, it went exactly as he said. They were very professional and they cleaned everything up. We had a stand-up shower, and had it all replaced. We also got new fixtures. It turned out great. We love it. It is solo maintenance and that’s the biggest reason we went with it. They advertise it that way, and it is very easy to clean up.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phil, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 21, 2019

We had the overlay of the tub from the walls, all the way up to the ceiling done by Bath Fitter. They removed all the tile that was put in back in the 70s, put in a new shower head and some type of valve that controls hot and cold water so when the toilet flushes, it won’t send a rush of cold water to the faucet. The person that did the installation was great. He was in-and-out in a matter of hours. Then the representative came by and went over the general aspect of the contract. We signed it, gave them a certified check for the deposit, and it was done. They did this about a month ago and the timeframe that it took the job was absolutely great. Plus, they said it was a certified lifetime warranty. They kept telling me that I could call them if I'd have issues and they would come back out. And I've had no issues, so far.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Larry, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I was working on remodeling an old double wide. All the fixtures were weird sizes and you couldn't just go and buy a 54-inch tub. We had Bath Fitter do the tub with the liner a month ago. It's way too expensive and not everybody can pull that kind of cash out for a tub. But our experience with them was awesome. Their reps were fine and the installer did a good job. I opened the door up to let him in, and I went to work. It was fast.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mark, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I'm getting older. And I wanted to get rid of the bath tub because I didn't wanna have to stop over a tub. So I had Bath Fitter put in a full shower. I've had it for three months now. Everyone, from the people at the home show, right down to the installer and its cleanup, were wonderful. The installation took two days. It was a cast iron tub and it took a while to get it out. But Bath Fitter told me about that upfront. Overall, they did great.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Deborah, thank you for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear you are loving your new shower and that our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 18, 2019

""At the risk of having rated all the above as ""Perfect," I am thoroughly sincere and serious. When approaching what could be an upsetting remodeling, this experience with Bath Fitter was user-friendly and unintimidating throughout. High quality product, flawless, professional installation. Very positive beginning to end."" - Kenneth **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kenneth! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience from start to finish. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

We went to the home show in Manitowoc and talked to someone. I liked that the Bath Fitter walk-in shower was a one-piece unit that was gonna be going in. I also liked their warranty afterwards which goes to the next person who buys the house. Also, they were gonna come back and do the work for us if something goes wrong. The sales rep was very nice, knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. He showed us what was going on and what we should expect. I was very happy with him. We purchased the walk-in shower and I was very happy with their time frame. They called us back within a week and then we only had to wait two to three weeks out before they came and installed it. Ralph came to install it and the plumber came in and cleaned everything up and finished the work. Everything was done and we're very happy with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diane, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

We had every intention of using you all assuming the product would work well with our bathroom at our rental property. Unfortunately you scheduled us twice, cancelled the first time, said we would be your priority for the 2nd appt and didn't even show the 2nd time. We did receive a call 30 minutes later than the appointment asking to reschedule AGAIN... Very disappointing after you were a recommendation from a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ryan, we're very sorry to hear about this experience as this is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We have forwarded this message to our local branch. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We had our shower installed at the end of April. All went well and the salesperson was great. The person who installed the shower did some damage to the other side of the wall, the screws came through, which damaged the drywall as well as the paint in several places. We reported this problem right away, but no action has been taken despite several calls. They said they would deal with it, but nothing has happened so far. We got this work done with Bath Fitter because we didn’t want to deal with the hassle, but now it has become just that. Very unfortunate. The product is good; just hope nothing goes wrong during the install because the after sales is terrible.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rene, we're sorry to hear about this issue and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We will forward this message along to our local branch and they will be in touch shortly. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything more we can do to assist. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information