4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3988 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I liked the idea of a seamless product and had Bath Fitter install the tub surround. The surround's quality is great and I'm loving it. The price was a little high though. Other people have told me about two other companies where they ended up with the same type of product but a lot cheaper. It made me feel like I made a bad decision as far as price. I chalk that up to myself being a consumer. I was sold on the product and I did not really check on others. The secretary, the guy who gave the quote, the one who measured and the one who did the installation were very professional and great. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tamara, thank you for sharing your experience. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and you family for years to come. Our premium quality tubs are backed by a limited lifetime warranty so if you ever require further assistance you can always contact Bath Fitter. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had been thinking about getting a Bath Fitter for some time and I just procrastinated and kept putting it off. And then, I called them and I got the bath update for the tub shower enclosure. The sales rep, Shaun, explained everything in detail and the gentleman that came out and took all the measurements explained everything he was doing. The installers were excellent. They worked non-stop, never took a break. The overall quality is good. It’s nice. I should have gotten it done a long time ago. Everybody that I spoke with - Earl, the warehouse manager. Dawn, the lead installer and his helper. The gentleman that came out and took the measurements. And Shaun, the rep - were all great. I would recommend them to anybody that needs a bath update. The work was fantastic. I’d recommend them to anybody.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our final product was worth the wait! Our team takes great pride in delivering an experience and a product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

So I just saw the Bath Fitter commercial on tv and how it says that the Bath Fitters are guaranteed for life. But that’s not true, Bath Fitter only guarantees it for the original owner. I bought my house last year in April and the Bath Fitter that is in the bathroom had water underneath it and basically falling apart and Bath Fitters wouldn’t help us or fix it because we aren’t the original owners and I believe they also said something about 6 months of warranty on it or something. That’s pretty unfair and due to this, I wouldn’t use your company for any other bathroom and wouldn’t recommend the company to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maribel, we are sorry to hear about this. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this further so we'll get in touch in private to gather more information. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Sincerely, The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

There were a couple of people in our area who had Bath Fitter in their units and they were well satisfied in the quality of work that was done. Somebody from where I work also had Bath Fitter come to their residence and do remodeling. So, we got Bath Fitter for a remodel and we purchased a stand up shower stall. The sales representative was very friendly, professional, and informative. He listened to what we had to say, answered the questions that we had, and was very presentable. Then, the installation took all day. The installer was a young man who was very friendly and to the point as far as doing his job. He did a good job which was what's important and I was completely satisfied. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This house was built in the 50s and they had ceramic tile up so high all around the rest of the walls. I liked what Bath Fitter presented so I had it all covered. The sales rep was good and the installation team was excellent. They didn’t have a toilet paper holder at the time, they were out of stock. But they came back and put it in. The overall quality of the work was very good. It was well-worth the money.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carol, thank you so much for sharing! We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We liked Bath Fitter's quality so we decided to use them. I purchased the entire shower where they removed the tub and they just put a shower in instead. The sales rep was very polite and very knowledgeable. The installation team was extremely knowledgeable too and very clean. There was hardly any cleanup at all and it looks perfect to me. Part of me wishes I never did it because now I wanna put it in my other house. It spoiled us a bit. It was a wonderful experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thomas, thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience! We're glad to hear that our team was able to "spoil you" with wonderful installation experience haha. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The installer Jared arrived on time and explained what he was going to do and told us how long it was going to take. He asked us if we had any questions before he started. He covered the bathroom floor, vanity top and toilet so no damage would occur. He was very organized, professional and the job he did was excellent. He cleaned up so we had nothing to do but enjoy our new bathroom. We are very happy with the Bath Fitter product and the installer Jared.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Valerie, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Jared receives the recognition he deserves. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I couldn’t get the full tub on the other company so I went with Bath Fitter instead. I got a full tub and wall and fixtures. The sales rep and the installer were fine. But the rep last time was a jerk. I'm 84 and I was 81 then but he gave me his private number that even his girlfriend didn’t have. It was ridiculous so I turned off right away. So far, I haven’t used the tub yet because I haven’t gotten a shower curtain yet. It looks very nice however, it’s very expensive and I don’t know if I would do it again. Nonetheless, I’m happy with the aesthetics and the rep that I dealt with was a very fine man.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joyce, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that your interactions with our team were positive. Our premium quality tubs are backed by a limited lifetime warranty so if you ever require further assistance you can always contact Bath Fitter. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We've used Bath Fitter before and we were happy with the durability of the product that we got from them, so we decided to use them again. Although we got that product numerous years ago, it held up well so the product’s good. Its price was a little high though. This time, we purchased a tub and a surround or enclosure. I like the sales rep that came to our home. He was very cordial, respectful, and not pushy. The installer was easy to get along with and he did a really nice job. He surely knew what he was doing. I would rate very highly the overall quality of the work that was done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gregory, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and thank you again for your business.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

After we sat down with Bath Fitter and learned how thorough they were as far as the sheetrock, underlayment, floor, and the grab bars, we thought it was a really good value. Also, they could get it in a day. We purchased a walk-in shower for one bathroom, and a new tub for another. The sales rep was really helpful and very thorough. She was a good advocate for the product. The installers were excellent. Two of them came on one of the bathrooms, and one of the same guys came on the second one. They were courteous, careful, and answered all my questions.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lynn, we're thrilled to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction! We hope that you continue to enjoy your shower and tub for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had a very pleasant experience with Bath Fitter's sales team. The sales lady was very informative and she answered all our questions. We were always able to get in contact with her if we had any concerns. We had Bath Fitter put in a walk-in shower and it has excellent quality. Also, the installation was amazing. I went to work that morning when the installers arrived and came home at noon, and they were done. You couldn’t tell that they had been there. There wasn’t a spec of dirt and there wasn’t anything out of place. The old tub had been torn out, a new shower was in, and caulking was all done. They did a fantastic job. People may initially shy away from what they hear for the price. But if they start looking at a contractor doing that work, there’s not gonna be a whole lot of difference in price and there’s gonna be a whole lot more time consumed. The convenience of having Bath Fitter makes it worth any difference in price.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We're glad that our team was able to satisfy all your needs and provide you with a shower you can be proud of. It is a point of pride that we are able to provide our customers quality products in under one day, and we appreciate you mentioning that. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

In 2014 we had a walk in shower installed. A year later the caulk, which did not hold up, began leaking like a sieve. In addition we learned the installer had caulked around the drain therefore allowing the shower water to drain under the bottom of the installed shower instead of draining into the sewer. When we called Bath Fitter of Wilmington with our concerns, instead of trying to address our problem we were told the service call would be $185 plus the price to re-caulk.

We've had the shower re-caulked however it still continues to leak around the caulking. We are most disappointed in Bath Fitters and feel we have a real problem due to faulty workmanship! Bath Fitter did not stand behind their product!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janice, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to look into this matter further. We will be passing this information along to your local branch and we will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We thought about redoing our bathroom and when we went to our mall, there was a little home show and it got us going with Bath Fitter. We heard good things about them and we had a good interaction with their sales rep. We purchased two of the corner pieces to put stuff on and I did not realize they were so small and narrow. I told the salesman when he called that we wish they were wider corner pieces so we could get more things in them as we usually have a lot of stuff to put in our bathtub. We also got the handlebar and slate look surround but our suction cups won’t stick for our loofas.

The installation team did a really good job and our interaction went very well. However, the sales rep told us that no mold and rust sticks to the tub and we shouldn’t have much of a ring around the tub but we did. We had a hard time finding a cleaner for acrylic and my husband has to scrub it a little better. I got a bunch off, but there is still some at the bottom of the tub. We had the tub not even two months when we noticed that. Nevertheless, we recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Deborah, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to consult the following link for a list of our approved cleaning products and some tips on how to clean your tub: https://www.bathfitter.com/maintenance. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We decided to replace our bathtub with a walk-in shower. A Bath Fitter representative came to our house and clearly went over all the options available to us. It was an easy and fun process. Once precise measurements were made we were advised of a one month wait for installation... that was fine with us. Three weeks later they were back to install the shower! Two guys showed up and went to work right away. It took them all day but the end result was perfect! All their work is backed by a lifetime warranty which is a huge plus for us! Thanks Bath Fitter of Waterloo, Ontario.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jon, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team at Waterloo, Ontario went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We went through our state fair and Bath Fitter had a display there. I've heard about it for years and we looked at it again and thought about it. I did a lot of research and they have a good reputation. They also had a good warranty, and I was tired of regrouting my bathroom. One fellow came at about 9:00 in the morning and by 2:00, everything was wrapped up and ready to go. The day before the plumber and the inspector came in. One guy put the whole installation in (the bath, walls, and hardware) and it was great. I'd definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for sharing your great experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product in a quick and efficient manner. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We needed a shower stall installed and Bath Fitter seemed like a good fit. The installers kept all their commitments and the installation took one day. Everything was fine and the product was what we wanted.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rege, thank you for sharing. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I just felt comfortable with Bath Fitter. We were very happy with the representative that came and the installation went very well. The quality of the product installed was very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for sharing! We're glad to hear our team was able to help you feel reasured and provide you with a wonderful experience. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had a bath to shower conversion with Bath Fitter. I like the way their salesman laid it out for me. He was very thorough. And although the installation took more than a day, the installer worked very hard on it. Also, while the work was done well, I'm not too crazy about their finance company that their salesman hooked me up with. I already made two payments and they're saying they didn't receive it. I already called and instead, got an answering service. It's ridiculous. Still, I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Howard, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team worked hard to ensure your satisfaction. We will pass on your concerns about the finance company to your local branch to see if they can assist you. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I liked what Bath Fitter had to offer and I purchased a tub and a surround from them. I had a very good experience with the sales rep and my interactions with the installation team were tremendous. It’s a perfect tub that was installed and it was a pleasant experience. I would recommend Bath Fitter to people thinking about using them for a bathroom remodel.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alan, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Bath Fitter is the only company that I ever knew that does the over-the-tub. My neighbor had their bathroom done and they were happy with it. It was really nice and I liked it. We got the over-the-tub and the surround from Bath Fitter and Travis, the rep, was absolutely wonderful. He was a really good kid and he helped me. When he came to my house, the first thing he did was, he took his shoes off and put on slipper things. I thought that was cool and I was impressed. He was very nice and he looked clean-cut. He introduced himself and he explained everything. I felt like I knew him and I felt really comfortable with him. The installation team was great. The first guy that came in the morning was the plumbing guy and he was in and out in about an hour and then the other guy came in.

I kept my own showerhead because we like the way it came out. However, it was dangling so we tightened it. When my husband went to take a shower, the water just went everywhere. Apparently, the guy that put it on cracked it and he siliconed it a bit and he didn’t tighten it. I had to call Travis back and he was really upset that the guy had done that. Their team came out the next day and put a brand new shower thing in. It wasn't the same one but it was the best that they could do. Overall, it was an awesome experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The Bath Fitter sales rep came to my house and gave me the quote. He knew what he was talking about. I got the surround bath tub from them and the quality is good. The installer worked hard and long at it. The water is nicer than it was before they did this.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carl, we're glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Bath Fitter unit for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I talked to the Bath Fitter guy at the State Fair and I told him that I wanted to get my bathroom remodeled. After I talked to him, one of my buddies who was also at the fair said that he redid his bathroom a couple of years ago and he was happy with them. I should have had my bathroom done years ago but I didn’t have the money then and now I’m retired. Bath Fitter did the tub-over-tub and the surround for me. I'm really happy with the sales rep. He was very good and easy to work with overall. He explained everything and he did everything that they said they were gonna do. I’m really happy with the installation as well. One guy did the installation and he had a plumber who was great. The installer worked in the bathroom, but I didn’t even know that he was in there half of the time. He also went out and worked in the driveway bending the stuff. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to anybody that needed their bathroom done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

No response received
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My husband and I had a 1940's bathroom, you know the one with the "pink" tile from floor to ceiling. We pondered many options and Bath Fitter (even though were the more expensive route) just made more sense. The Salesman was very accommodating. In fact came over and thoroughly covered everything from about 5 pm and he finally left around 10 pm, but we had no secrets and he was on target with everything. Represented the company very well. We had to wait a bit for the installation but it was worth it. We ordered and paid for a little extra so our installation actually took two days instead of 1, but again all worth it.

The installation technician explained everything step by step and gave us several options to choose from before he finalized anything. Again very professional and again, represented the company very well. We had decided to wait on several extra pieces until after the sink and toilet were installed (we bought new) so we were told to call back and they would send someone out to help us choose and then installation would be scheduled. Everything went downhill from that point. Once the sink and toilet was installed I tried calling back to have someone come out and talk with us about the towel rings and toilet paper holder and we were going to add additional shelving inside the bathtub. The administrator could not seem to find the time to work for us.

Now, again, keep in mind, there was no issue in finding the time when we wanted the bathroom remodeled, and they wanted the business, but once they grabbed the final payment it was like they could not be bothered to accommodate us on the times that worked for us. This was such an issue and back and forth on the phone that we ended canceling the remainder of the job and went a different route. The sad thing was we have another bathroom that we were looking forward to them working and remodeling. Well they lost that business, so my suggestion to anyone that uses Bath Fitter, make all of your decisions up front and have them install on the original installation date, you won't get them back out.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Pamela, we apologize for your negative exerience and we would like the opportunity to look into this matter further. We will be sending you a private message in order to gather more information. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have friends who had used Bath Fitter and I've heard that they put out a good product. We went on the reputation and purchased a tub from them. We were a little bit limited because we were only doing the tub and there was a window in the way. So we needed to have a specific type and the representatives were always very helpful. For the installation, one person came out and his attitude was good but it didn't go as smoothly. He chipped the grab bar then the top of the tub had a tiny chip in it too. But the company rectified it all. The tub is also a very good product and it looks good. You can tell it's a new tub, but you can barely tell that it wasn't just there. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anna, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The first place I heard of Bath Fitter was down at Fort Myers, Florida. An older lady down there had them to do one of her tubs and then I talked to another person that's in the St. Louis area this spring and they liked Bath Fitter. The company was advertising on television and I had picked up their number and called them. I've had good results remodeling with them. I purchased the bathtub and the smooth wall rather than the brick-looking wall. The installation was excellent. It's very well-organized. The plumber let a little water drip down to come down from the ceiling tile, but I had KILZ on that and that took care of that so it wasn't any big deal.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear that the entire experience was completed to your satisfaction. We really appreciated you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We are very happy with our shower stall installation. It's made a huge difference in the appearance of our bathroom. Best of all it looks fantastic and is so easy to clean. The installation went smoothly and was quick. Our installer really took the time to explain the process and answer any questions. Highly recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeannine, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I approached Bath Fitter seeking a new bathtub and shower. In every way, Bath Fitter surpassed my expectations. From the beginning of the process to the end, the people I dealt with were professional competent and knowledgeable. From the original consultation through the process of doing the exact measurements to the installation, Bath Fitter met the need. The quality of the product I purchased is excellent. Although I do admit, the final cost was a bit higher than expected I could not be more satisfied with the outcome. It is apparent to me that quality does cost a bit more but quality also last longer and looks better. Again, I could not be more satisfied with Bath Fitter. I recommend this company to anyone seeking a new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I got something in the mail from Bath Fitter and I called them. I also called Re-Bath but I was more impressed with Bath Fitter. The price was a little bit better but the customer service was way better. Whoever owned the house before me had painted the tub. The paint was peeling and it was atrocious, so I had the new tub fit over it, the liner, and then I also had the walls around it done. The lady on the phone had to reschedule an appointment one time and she was super nice. The guy who came to the house to give me the prices was very good and the guy who did the work was fabulous. I’m very happy with the quality and I would recommend Bath Fitter. It’s not cheap but it’s worth the money and it’s a good investment.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kimberly, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bath Fitter was more local, so I tried them. They took out the old bathtub and the plumbing, and they also replaced the showerheads. We talked to the sales rep and he was very nice and helpful. I asked him questions and he told us everything. The installer also did a good job. He wasn't sloppy and he cleaned up his mess. I love the finished product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi LuAnn, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was researching on the internet on a fast way of bathroom remodeling where the older-house bathtub wouldn’t have to be torn out and I found Bath Fitter. The salesman was awesome. When he came out, he gave me the options and the prices of the expensive stuff and the least expensive one, and he told me what I could and couldn’t do. I looked up the reviews and although Bath Fitter is very expensive compared to other bathroom remodeling companies, their reviews were better and they had a very good system where the job could be done in a day.

In the bathroom remodeling that Bath Fitter did, they covered the bathtub which is an extra-large bathtub in an old, two-story house. They also did the walls up to where the old shower was and they replaced the showerhead and the faucet. The plumber was amazing. The installer was newer at the job and it took him a lot longer to do it than we thought, but he finished it. The poor guy worked his little tail off until 7:00 o’ clock at night but he did a good job. I live in the house with my best friend and he is very happy with the job that was done. The tub is great and easy to clean, and we love it. I’ve recommended Bath Fitter to other people and the daughter of my co-worker, to whom I mentioned Bath Fitter, used them. She has an older condo, so an overlay for her bathtub was a perfect fit.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sherri, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information