4.47/5
Based on 581 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

3283 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Bath Fitter is an excellent company and I like their pricing. I had them take out the tub that was there and replaced it with a shower. There are not too many people that do specific bathrooms. They got the other retrofits and that's not what I was looking for. I like the stuff I saw at Bath Fitter's show and I decided to go with them. The sales rep showed up and he had all the information I needed. He answered all the questions that I had about what I wanted and any options and discounts that were available. And at the end of the half-hour, I signed the paper. And then the installer did a great job doing the installation. He was very neat and cleaned up after himself. I've been happier with it.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for writing! We're thrilled to hear that you couldn't be happier with your decision to use Bath Fitter. We hope you share photos of your beautiful remodel with our fans on Facebook! Thanks again for your review.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I’m an engineer and I heard about Bath Fitter through the plumbing inspector in Illinois many years ago. I liked their warranty and that they kind of came up with the process in the industry, so they’re the industry leader. I got them to help me with a tub and enclosure around the tub, including the ceiling. Everything seems to be pretty solid and successful. The salesperson did a great job and dealing with him had been very positive. Then the installation team was very helpful and very good.

Hi Russell,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and love your new tub. Enjoy!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bath Fitter does the remodel themselves and they're responsible for their work. It’s not subcontracted out to everybody. I had them do complete remodeling with the acrylic tub and surround. Their sales rep was excellent. He answered every question and sold his product well. Also, their installation team was wonderful. So far, it's a perfect job in a nice time frame. The product is beautiful. I would definitely go there again.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your review! We are so happy that our wonderful team went above and beyond and that you are so pleased with the outcome. You're right--the work is completely done by us . We are so proud of our product and work! Thanks again for writing and enjoy your new bathtub!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Bath Fitter had a one piece and I called their sales rep which was fine. Then, they came as soon as they could. They were real pros and the guys really knew what they were doing. There are no seams in the walls and now, it seemed we have it down. It is now at the tub level or the shower base. But when my wife steps into the shower, she hears this noise. I was downstairs and the sound was squishing and excruciating coming through the ceiling. We think that it's the pipe moving against the subfloor and they're coming back to take a look at it.

Hi William,

Thanks for your review and we're so happy to hear that our wonderful staff were such pros! If you have any other concerns, we encourage you to reach back out to your local branch or email our corporate team at customercare@bathfitter.com. Thanks again for your 5-star review!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

When Bath Fitter came out, we were impressed with the product and we decided to go ahead and do it. Everybody treated us wonderfully and we did the tub and shower enclosure about three months ago. My one minor complaint is that the caulking they used can't be painted but so far as the workmanship, they did a beautiful job. The installer was a wonderful representative for the company. He was very polite, he cleaned up and did everything by the book. The only problem he had was me wanting to say something. I'm a retired carpenter and I love watching stuff like that so I had a hard time staying out of his way. He very kindly and professionally told me to get out of his hair, and he did a marvelous job with what he had to work with.

Hi Jean,

Thank you so much for reaching out and leaving 5-star review! We are thrilled that you loved our team and your installation experience. If you have further concerns, don't hestiate to reach out to customercare@bathfitter.com. Thanks again!

-The Bath Fitter team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

After almost two months back and forth with Bath Fitters doing little to nothing to correct a faulty tub, they told us today that they would not cover the work (after saying they would) under the Life Time Warranty, as our tubs were installed in November 2003. At no time during our many conversations had this been made clear. They surprised me with "If it wasn't installed in 2004 it's not covered".

Bath Fitter response

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We would love to help you right away and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will be reaching out for further details and we appreciate you expressing your concern. Thanks again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I used Bath Fitter at my other house so when I moved into my new home, I used them again. The sales rep was very nice and when I moved in, the gentlemen had already put the tub liner in and I had the walls done. The installers took care of everything. But I told the gentlemen who measured for me that I didn't want the wall to come out as far as he brought it, and he said he would fix it, but he didn't. So he just messed up my future plans. But the quality of their work is very nice.

Hi Misty,

Thanks for taking the time to write aabout your experience! We're so happy to hear you used us not once, but twice! If you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out to our customer service team at customercare@bathfitter.com. Thank you!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We were fixing up and redoing our bathroom and wanted to update our tub and shower walls. We decided to get an estimate from Bath Fitter compared to doing it ourselves, and after meeting with the sales guy, we decided to go ahead. We could not be happier. Although a bit pricey, it looks fantastic. The entire process was simple and smooth. We were never felt pressured to buy or get anything, and the sales guy (Anthony) was extremely kind. He showed us everything, gave us plenty of options based on what we were looking for, then got it ordered. He told us it would be about two to three weeks...

Well... turned out, the very next week we got a call letting us know we were all set and were able to get it scheduled for install the following Monday (which was yesterday). The plumber came out on time, took about an hour to do what they needed and when they were just about done, the installer arrived. He was great, took about 5 hours to get everything put in, and he showed us everything when he was done. He cleaned up the very little mess that was made. Note: he even put down floor runners over our floor for the area he would be walking in so as not to dirty the floor. Anyway, we are very happy with the finished work. It looks great. I would definitely refer them to others.

Hi Tim,

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you couldn't be happier with the final product and that you would refer Bath Fitter to others. Your review made our day! We hope you share photos of your beautiful remodel on our social pages with our fans! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 31, 2017

My husband and I had David into the house first time before we started to reno the bathroom. Second time to take measurements and order, and pay. Two men came to install shower day one. Next day one of the men came in to install shower doors. We waited more the 24 hours before the shower was use and tested out. It looked beautiful, but outside the door we were very disappointed! The shower door leaked at the door hinge and bottom of glass. We left multiple messages trying to have someone back to fix it. Finally after messages back and forth, my husband was told it would be a month wait before someone could come.

A month, wait and the same man who installed the door came back removed the door and, siliconed door glass. Still leaking! Not being able to fix it. He was making excuses about the floor not being leveled. He told me that the hand held head should be tilted toward the wall. Water on the doors run down and out. He told me that some water coming out is expected. With more of the glass siliconed, the water is leaking only at the door hinge only. The most part we never had them call us afterwards to see if we were happy with the finally installation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any inconvenience and our customer service team passed your message along to your local branch. Again, thank you for allowing us to address your concern.

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2017

BathFitters replaced the shower door that was hitting the wall, sprayed grit coating on the floor to address the issue with sliding into the drain, and assured me that the grit coating is covered under the warranty.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I had a shower installed by Bath Fitter. The floor they put over the existing shower floor has such a pitch to it that your feet slide into the drain. In addition, about 6 months after installation, the shower door started hitting the wall corner, to the point where it is difficult to close the shower door, and it is damaging the wall. I called customer service. Someone came out over 3 weeks ago, tried a few things, but couldn't fix either problem. They said they would have to talk to their manager. Three weeks later and no callback, This is the worst home improvement investment I have ever made.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Frank, thank you for reaching out. We passed your message along to our customer service team who will speak directly to your local branch. Thanks again for letting us know about your concern.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Bath Fitter was at a sales fair in the town where we live and we bought a shower. They installed it in May and overall, it all went along fine.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for writing! We're so happy that you had a wonderful installation. Enjoy!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 28, 2017

I bought a tub insert from Bath Fitter as I didn't want to have to take the tile out of the bathroom. The sales representative Heather was great, informative and pleasant to work with. Her level of knowledge was very good. The installation guy did a fantastic job and kept everything clean. He did some things that I didn't think were possible. I have radiant heat in there and he had to work around one of those registers and I'd never know he had to do it.

Then there were a couple of little issues that popped up. When Heather was here and we were looking at the old tub, I had safety strips in the bottom. She said I would not need those anymore. I said that it's great as I won't be slipping around. Then the first shower I took, I almost killed myself. I called about that and said that I was assured I wouldn't have that problem. She said that I could have stuff applied to it worth $400 so that it would not be slippery. I'm like, "What? No, I don't think so."

But then she told me that I could get a tub mat for it. There's only one kind that Bath Fitter recommended, and Bed Bath & Beyond had it. It walks all over the floor of the tub and I'm always having to straighten it out 'cause it doesn't have suction cups. I was not happy about that and I didn't think her resolution to the situation was very satisfactory. Also, every time I call for something like that, they'd just hand me over to warranty people and I wasn't pleased with having to talk to them as it wasn't a warranty thing, it was a job completion thing. But overall, my experience was very good.

Hi Colinda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy that you had a great overall experience. If you have any other questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your local branch or contact our corporate team at customercare@bathfitter.com. Thanks again for your review!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 27, 2017

Years ago we had BATH FITTER install a new shower pan over the existing because it leaked. Worked well & all was fine until earlier this year when it developed a crack. I called & yes it was under warranty & was quickly ordered. Several weeks after waiting for it to come in I found I had to wait several more weeks before someone could make it out to install. After it was installed I showered and found it leaked VERY BADLY. The sweep had been left off. Many phone calls later someone came out to "fix" it. He moved the door higher, but did not reattach the sweep??!

Many phone call and arguments later I got the original installer back. He reattached the sweep & even a new piece to improve it. IT DIDN'T WORK. Still leaks & floods the floor. The manager now says that they have done all they will. I tell them that it didn't leak before & yes it's old but it worked fine before they removed it. NO SATISFACTION! I won't call them when we redo that shower!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kenneth, thank you for reaching out and expressing your concern. We have passed your concern to our customer service team who will contact your local branch about the problem. Thanks again for letting us know and allowing us to make this right.

Original review: July 26, 2017

My brother-in-law had his bathroom done about a year ago. I went over, saw it and fell in love with it, so we decided to go with Bath Fitters. They say it's good forever, so that's another sell right there. I was at a home show and Bath Fitters was there so I talked to somebody there. The salesperson was very friendly and professional and we were happy with him. He and the installation team were excellent. The installers made everything go smoothly and we're really good with everything so far.

When we originally had the person come out, he told me I didn't need a tub, that I just needed a tub surround. After they installed it about three months ago, I wanted a tub too to make it look nice. They're close in color 'cause they're white. Now we're going to have the tub done and Bath Fitters came out to measure that. They have a very good product and it's awesome. We've had so many friends come over and I have to show my bathroom right away 'cause we love it.

Hi Sheila,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're so happy that your family recommended our company to you and that you had a similarly wonderful experience! We hope you share photos on our social pages! Thanks again for your glowing review.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I had a new tub install today and was very impressed. They exceeded my expectations by far. It was worth every penny. The installer was very professional and pleasant. Our bathroom looks like a showroom now. The installer cleaned up the mess and explained to us how to work everything before he left. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter to my family and friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you so much for writing! We would love it if you shared these photos of your beautiful "showroom" bathroom :) on our Facebook page for our fans to see! We really appreicated the 5-star review.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I’ve seen Bath Fitter from a friend that had something done. I like the product. It keeps clean nice and easy. I used them before for restoring a rental house that I had and I did the bath above it. I had another duplex that needed a bath tub, so I called them back because I wanted the same type of deal and I did have it. I liked it. Plus, the quality is a step above other remodeling companies. I did the tub five years ago and I did another tub last May. I'll use them again on that duplex next time when it’s available.

The sales representative came here a couple of times. He was a good guy to work with and the manager type. He's been in there a while, so he knew the product and he knew the answers. The installation team was good, quick, clean and got out of there. It was great and I knew what to expect. I haven't had any complaints. Bath Fitter had people who are easy to deal with. You just have to tell them what you want. The whole thing has been laid-back. So, it was stress-free. Everything was right on schedule and they kept me informed. I'm very pleased with them.

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your wonderful experience! We're thrilled that our capable team was so knowledgable, timely and efficient. We're so happy that you love the final product! We hope that you share photos on our social pages!

Original review: July 24, 2017

We had Bath Fitter do our tub and master bath shower in May. I like the way they took everything out. They would not cover up and it's guaranteed. The rep was on time, very professional and made the right suggestions. He let us make our own decisions but he guided us in the correct way. The installer was fantastic too. I had a very old poodle who barks at anything. I told him about it and at the end of the installation, he said, “I think Danny and I became friends.” So, that definitely means a lot. A week after the installation, we had a leak in the master bath shower head and it was a pinhole. They came out the same day when I called and replaced it. And when I came home, the only way I knew they were there is that my bathroom shines. There was no dirt and you wouldn't know they were there.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wanda, thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're thrilled you love your Bath Fitter. Feel free to share pictures on our Facebook page! Thanks again for your 5-star review.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Sitting down with the sales guy when he came to the house, I decided to go with Bath Fitter. But we didn't get the actual work done for several weeks later because of our travel schedule. I’m pretty finicky about stuff and the guy was fantastic. He was able to pull somebody out-of-the-blue and they worked around our schedule.

Also, the guy that we had doing the install was awesome. I didn’t have to do anything except wait until he was done because he was a complete craftsman. My push-back, typically, is that I don’t like working with contractors because they always leave me something to do but it was not that way. He cleaned up every day he laid something down and he wasn’t gonna track any crap on my floors. He also kept me in the process and let me watch him work for a while. In the end, it was like he transformed my house. They uncovered a window that 20 years ago, someone had put up some fiberglass shower where we lost our window and it completely changed the house.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear how happy you with your new shower. We hope you share pictures on our social pages! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 23, 2017

I heard about Bath Fitter in a television ad. I then went online and purchased from them. It certainly helped that they have a lifetime guarantee and then the sales rep made a good impression, too. It was a good decision.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thomas, thanks for taking the time to leave a 5-star review! We're so happy that you're so satisfied with your Bath Fitter and don't hesitate to reach out with questions. Thanks, again!

Original review: July 22, 2017

I looked at Bath Fitter to get a base-point. They got a good cost and after talking to the representative, choosing them seemed like the right thing to do. I got a complete tub and shower about three months ago and the sales rep was great. He was a very down-to-earth kind of guy. I really liked the products and the fact that their service seemed to be all-inclusive. I also liked the warranty. Then the guy who came for the installation knew what he needed to do. He kept to himself, was quick and efficient. The remodeling wasn't cheap but I feel like I got my money's worth. Plus, Bath Fitter's reps were knowledgeable, easy to work with, and professional. All around, it's a great experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nick, thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5-star review! We really appreciate hearing about your wonderful experience. Don't hestiate to reach out with questions. Enjoy your Bath Fitter!

Original review: July 21, 2017

When I contracted Bath Fitter to do my bathroom I was told that everything was taken care of by Bath Fitter. Why did I have to go to the building dept. and arrange for a inspection and then wait the next day for the inspector to come and inspect Bath Fitter work? I assume that my time is not as valuable as yours? Please inform me how you feel about this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Bath Fitter came out with the necessary products and showed us what we could choose from, they measured where everything would go and explained how it would go. It was installed in one day, and did a beautiful job. We are very happy with the end result.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Eugene, thanks for writing! We're thrilled that you ar so happy with your Bath Fitter. Please share photos with us on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful experience.

Original review: July 21, 2017

From sales presentation to installation, great service. The installer stayed late to finish up in one day. Since my husband is handicapped that was important for us. We did not have to relocate for the night and could use the bath immediately.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maureen, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We really appreciate you writing and we're thrilled you love your Bath Fitter. Feel free to share photos with our fans on our Facebook page!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I wanted the bathroom unit replaced. A guy from Bath Fitter came over, gave me a price and I signed the contract. I purchased the bathtub-shower unit. The installation team came and they were great. They installed i and cleaned up after themselves.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patrick, thanks for your 5-star review! We really appreciate the time you took to leave us a great review and glad you love your new bathroom!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I contacted Bath Fitter and within a week the salesman called me and I had my appointment for a quote. I decided to update my choices and got exactly what I have always wanted in a bath tub/shower. The plumber was here a short time and the installer came and was very thorough and even used a vacuum to clean up after he installed. I took my first bath and I thought I died and went to heaven. My shower is so nice and I love all my details like the textured handle bar on the side and the corner unit is very convenient. Yes, it was not inexpensive, but the workmanship and 100% guarantee sold me on this wonderful product. Everyone involved was professional and got things done, when I wanted it. I recommend this company to all my friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so happy to hear that you love your new Bath Fitter. Our crew strives for timely installation and a prestine final product! We hope you share photos on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter. Thanks again for the rave review and for recommending us to your friends!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Your crew did an outstanding job on the new bathroom. The technician was awesome. Required about 12 hours but he stayed with it until it was completed. Can not tell you how happy we were with the final product. WE were encouraged to have Bathfitter come back out to the home to address the other bathroom which was outfitted with a shower enclosure about 10 years earlier. NOW that shower unit looks just like it was installed yesterday! Fantastic company!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Larry, wow! Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We are thrilled to hear that you love your Bath Fitter and we were able to transform your shower into a beautiful new bathroom. Thanks again for writing and we hope that you share pictures with us on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I’m becoming more and more incapacitated. I still have a chair stepping over the side of the tub after three years because I crashed in the tub one day and I badly damaged my feet. So I had to remodel my bathroom. Bath Fitter has a good reputation. And I love the fact that I don’t have a wood frame around my window anymore that I have to keep painted and wiped off. The moisture doesn’t get through the paint. It looks so finished and clean and neat.

I love the salesman. He was marvelous. He was extremely knowledgeable and he looked out for what I needed. He had suggestions and was looking out for my best interest. The guy that installed it was amazing and I enjoyed him as a human being as well as a professional. Their people were wonderful and I’ve recommended them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Judith, wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We really appreciate the time you took to share your incredible experience. Thanks again!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Bath Fitter was over at the state fairgrounds and the lady that ran the booth was very friendly, easy to get along with, and she got us interested in the tub. She gave us some literature and we look over things and decided that Bath Fitter offered what we wanted to do in our bathroom. Their sales rep came to the house and then offered us some options and we told him what we wanted. He was really good, and we got our bath tub redone.

The installation team was here for two days and they did a good job. They nicked an electric cable so we had to get an electrician in but that was on them and everything worked out. They also cleaned up after themselves very nicely. We're on a well so when they cut the water off we were out of water and they were really quick in restoring the service so that we could get back online. We had a good experience with them and I would recommend Bath Fitter. They gave us the service we wanted at the price that we could afford.

Hi Harry,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience and that you love your new tub. We're so happy that you would recommend us to your family and friends! Enjoy!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 19, 2017

We needed a new shower in our bathroom. When we went to the home show, Bath Fitter was there and they sounded reasonable. We chose them for the convenience. Their sales rep was nice and we got along with him very well. We had a good rapport with the installer too. He was very thorough. He also told us everything that he was doing. Bath Fitter is easy to work with and we were very pleased with the completed job.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear that you had such positive interactions with our staff and that you love your new shower. We hope you share photos with us on our social pages! Thanks again for your review.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 18, 2017

Bath Fitter is a good investment. I wanted the install that could give me the zero caulk and lifetime warranty leaks, among other things. I sat down with the salesman over a year ago and because of the illnesses in the family, I postponed the project for an additional six to eight months, and the span of Bath Fitter's scheduling salespeople or whoever was involved gave me no hard time. My mother ended up having blood cancer and getting that install was the least of my concern, so Bath Fitter put it out three months at a time and we touched base. The rep who did the scheduling stayed in touch and the installer was very experienced.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maria, thank you so much for reaching out! We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and loved our team. We really appreciate the 5-star review! Thanks again for writing.

Bath Fitter Company Information