Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bath Fitter

Hi Tom and Sandy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a wonderful review! We couldn't be more thrilled that you are so happy with your experience and that our team went above and beyond. Our lifetime warranty means that you will be happy for years to come! We hope you share photos with us on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter. Thanks again!

Original review: June 5, 2017

Bath Fitter removed my old tub and enclosure and installed a spectacular new shower. They exceeded my high expectations in every aspect - people, process & product. The entire team and process was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Hi Linda,

Wow, thank you! We couldn't be more thrilled that you are so happy with your new Bath Fitter. Customer service is so important to us--we're so proud that our team went above and beyond to ensure you loved the final outcome. Please share photos on our Facebook page, @OfficicalBathFitter! Thanks again for sharing.

Original review: May 30, 2017

We had a great experience with Bath Fitter! The salesman spent a lot of time with us, was able to give us a great deal with financing! The installer is excellent in what he does!!! We went from a tub/shower to just a shower and it is huge! Very easy to keep clean. We are so happy!!!

We were very impressed with the work and the workers as well as the materials and completed project.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having a water problem as far as one of the fixtures was causing a lot of moisture and I couldn’t seem to repair it myself. Bath Fitter has a good price and the financing works, so we went with them and got a shower and fixtures Their rep was very helpful and informative. There was a wall already glued in the shower area and some of the glue was on the bathtub that we were keeping and he really went out of his way to clean it up for us. We accomplished what we went out for with Bath Fitter and the moisture problem is gone, so we're really happy about that.

We adore our new shower & Elmer did a fantastic job. He did not apply the safety strips on the step he said he would. Otherwise the job has made our life so much easier. We would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone needing help with a tube or a shower makeover.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A month ago, we decided to have our bathroom remodeled and our plumber recommended Bath Fitter. I've had a good impression about them as they are not cheap but their work is very good. Bath Fitter installed a new bathroom for us and it's working beautifully. It's a standup shower with the walls remodeled and the door changed. We had tiles and they put this plastic covering over the tiles and then a new floor. The sales rep and the installation team were outstanding. They paid attention to every little detail and also explained things. We were very pleased with it. The price was high but, at least, we really got first-class installment and service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been thinking about remodeling for a long time and decided to do the tub and the surrounds. The sales rep from Bath Fitter that first came was young and relatively new at the job. We liked him very much and hated to disappoint him but had to turn him down. Then another guy approached us again with a discounted price. Although it was still a lot more money for what they would be doing, we proceeded to get the total surround and a new tub over our old tub. Both sales reps were very good at what they did and were nice to work with.

The installer that came out did the whole job himself. The product looked nice and is guaranteed for life. I was satisfied with it but now, I'm not really happy with the bottom of the tub which has a lot of dark areas. I have tried vinegar and the cleaning spray they recommended but haven't been able to clear that off. I'm going to try one more time to get that stain off and if I can't, I'm going to have them come out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a tub that was not a standard size and the piping wasn't good. I got a tub with a shower from Bath Fitter and it's exactly what we wanted. The sales rep came out, gave us an estimate, explained things to us and worked with us, then gave us data as to when everything will happen. If there was any disadvantage to the whole process, it was the amount of time from the time the salesperson came until the actual installation occurred, but I understand that that's part of the business, so that was fine. The installer came and did the job in two days and everything is working well.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing. Please know that your situation has been addressed by the corporate customer care team. It has been brought to our attention that someone from your local branch will be in touch very soon in order to schedule an appointment to rectify the situation.

Please keep us updated.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I placed a service call on 8/8/2016 around 9:00 am. I was advised someone will be calling me back. Did not receive a callback. I call again on 8/9/2016 again 9:00 am. No callback. I call back at 4:00 pm to inquire. Ask to speak with manager and was told that's the person that should be calling me. I then ask to speak to someone else in charge and "Bob" advises he will not give me his number and hung up the phone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2016

The tech Tony came out and we found that the problem was caused by the bad paint job. Tony went above and beyond in double checking and verifying that everything was corrected and even tightened my shower head better then it was. He also verified an extra layer of caulking and also verified no leaks in the drain. Tony was a very courteous and professional. He really turned this around and I would give 5 stars now to Bath Fitters from the quick turn around and quality of work. Tony said I can call back anytime if I have any more issues and I know Bath Fitters will be there as they have been through all this.

Tony also had everything cleaned and I couldn't find any problems. Even though at one point it almost seemed like a construction scene. I don't know how he did it. I would recommend Bath Fitters to anyone and can't wait to do my upstairs bathroom down the road.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing and informing us of this situation. Customer service is very important to us and we are glad that this is being addressed promptly. We apologize for the inconvenience and please know that this has been flagged to our corporate customer care team. Please update us after your next appointment.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I have not yet had the best experience with Bath Fitter. I bought a bathtub insert for about $1600. The guy came and installed it in one day like they said. When I checked out the new bathtub, I found there was a leak in the drain piping (leaking under my house for days before I noticed) and the caulking job was not the best. There was also a small hole in my wall where he must have bumped it with something. I ended up patching this hole and painting it from leftover paint as I just redid this whole bathroom brand new. I tried to re-caulk where there were cracks but water ended up getting under the bath insert.

I called Bath Fitter who sent another guy out. This guy was better and ended up fixing the drain leak and also squeezed out the water and re-caulked it. I then tried out my new bathtub and there was a lot of movement now when you step on it and is like walking on egg shells as you are not sure if you are going to crack it. So I called Bath Fitter again. I was told that someone would call me back to schedule an appointment. I waited all day and finally got called back getting a different person who claimed they were the only one in office that day. I had to go over all this again to try and get this $1600 tub right and at this point was not happy.

The guy threatened to charge me a service charge if it is found to not be their issue and acted like I was complaining for no reason and was bugging them. I explained that if they would have caulked it right the first time, I wouldn't or shouldn't even have to call them. He scheduled an appointment like 2weeks out as that was the earliest they had where a rookie wouldn't come out as it seems they sent them out twice already. I am still waiting for them as they are coming to redo everything and they have to pull and stick back down the tub so that means another 24hours I cannot use my shower again when they are done.

Hopefully they get it right eventually and I shouldn't be charged for their negligence. I mean it is a good thing they offer lifetime warranty as this is the 3rd house call and I only had this tub for about a month now. I have been forced to use it the way it is as this is our only tub at the time. I just hope that they get it right otherwise I am glad they have the lifetime warranty as I will continue to work with them to get it right (3rd time's the charm). If I wanted it done half fast, I would have done it myself. I hope no one else has these problems.

A little history on this tub, I moved in this place and this bathroom was not usable and was trashed. The toilet didn't even have Johnny bolts holding it down. But anyway, I hired 2 separate guys to paint the tub and the paint ended up cracking both times. I spent about $600 in total. When I found Bath Fitter and spoke to John, I was told that this would be the last company I would have to call and he assured me I would love this new tub and not have any problems. I am still working to get this tub right and then this bathroom will hopefully finally be done. What a nightmare.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We remodeled our dad's bathroom since the bottom was wearing off the tub and a couple of tile have fallen off the wall. The bathroom was an original from 1950. We asked Bath Fitter to do the job since they already did the one at our house. We told our dad what a great job the company did, he saw it as well and affirmed it. My dad needed assurance that the people that are going to be working are not going to leave a big mess to clean up. So I told him that the Bath Fitter installers would clean up when they're done. He won't even know they were here. The product we chose turned out great. My dad loves it and he tells everybody.

We bought the over the top shower enclosure with a bathtub which covered the regular tub, then they did the whole shower and tub surround. The sales person who came talked about the war and my father loves to talk about war stories from World War II. He enjoyed talking to the sales person very much. The installer was wonderful too. He kept asking my dad if it was okay for him to come up. I was there because my father has macular degeneration so he can't see anything really close up. He had already started when I got there, which was fine. He told me that he'll explain everything to my dad once he's done in case my dad has any questions. He did that and showed my dad how everything works, even putting in the grab bars for him. While doing the work, he also engaged my dad in conversation which is always nice. He did explain everything to him when he was done. He cleaned up after himself. I'd recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

The shower head does not allow much water pressure to reach the person in the shower. Installer said we had plenty of water pressure but apparently the shower head does not let the pressure through. Looks like we will have to change shower heads.

Everyone I dealt with was professional and efficient. The initial process was simple--I described what I wanted, and Bath Fitter was able to accommodate my needs. The only minor problem I had was reaching someone by phone when I had a question between the initial order and finding out when the scheduled installation would be; I placed calls that were not returned. Once the work was done, though, it was done quickly and professionally. The staff worker even left me with a container of spray cleaner!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It took a little longer than we thought in getting scheduled, but once the jobs began, service was first rate. Both workers were professional and efficient in their work. One job took a day and the other a day and half just as promised. The bathrooms look fabulous. Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had moved into the house a couple of years back and was not happy with the existing tub. It was starting to show some signs of mold so I figured we'd get a new one. I chose to buy from Bath Fitter due to their quality and the fact that the sales person had a chat with us. The sales person was very friendly, answered all of my questions, and showed me samples. I got a tub-shower combination from them and so far, I'm very pleased. It has lived up to my expectations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a seamless shower from Bath Fitter last May and it's wonderful. Their sales rep was great. He explained and showed us everything. The installer was also nice and he was really good with the dog. He also cleaned up the bathroom himself. Everything was just great. I'm really thrilled with my shower.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After so many years of having a terrible and unfit bathroom I finally decided to remodel my bathroom. Getting rid of the bathtub was my number 1 priority and of course the ceramic tiles and all. Decided to go with Bath Fitter as I've seen many of their displays and WOW I am so PLEASED with all, starting with the sales representative with his knowledge, courtesy, and friendly personality to the installer which was amazing, experienced, organized, and super friendly! My bathroom looks amazing and I LOVE it. Definitely recommend Bath Fitter. So far so good!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have an old house and we needed a bathtub that is nicer than what we had. Bath Fitter's price was within our range, so we got a bathtub from them. Their sales rep was great. He was super helpful and nice. Also, the installation guys were all fantastic. Our experience has been good from beginning to end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The installer ** was very polite, explained everything very clearly, was careful not to make a mess. He did an excellent job of installation. I was disappointed that the tub liner was made incorrectly and was not installed the same day. That will be done on August 19.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 80 and my husband is 85, and we decided we wanted to take our tub out and put in a walk-in shower. So, that’s what we’ve done and we've been very happy. The sales representative of Bath Fitter was very informative and gave us some good suggestions about their product. Then Bath Fitter came and put in the walk-in shower in June. I was also very happy with the installer who did the work in one day. He cleaned up all the debris from our tub that he broke up, and that was good. The product that we got from Bath Fitter has been great so far. The only thing is that we use grab bars because of our age and since we get soaked when we're in the shower, the grab bars are slippery for me.

We were impressed by professionalism in scheduling appointments - all were met. The installer, Rawlin, was very friendly, professional and great with dogs. He did an excellent installation. One of the best companies we've worked with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bathroom was outdated and we decided to remodel with Bath Fitter because they have a good reputation. We purchased their tub two months ago and I'm very pleased. The sales rep didn't pressure me and the installation team answered all my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My handicap situation made it very hard for me to climb into our bathtub. In fact, I hated taking a shower because it was so much work getting in and out. I would get in the shower and I had to put my hands on the walls to move around. Then, I’d have to sit down because I was shaking like a leaf. It was very hard, so it was time for our bathroom to be remodeled. We then got a hold of Bath Fitter, and Jeremy came out. He was here for a good couple of hours, showing us everything and what we would get. He was a very good salesman and wasn’t pushy.

We had our old tub torn out and had a Bath Fitter rectangle shower stall with the round shower curtains put in. Our old tub was 15 inches and now it’s 6 inches, and I have the security bars. The technician that did the work, Marty, was awesome. He told us why he was doing everything. He was very professional but very friendly. I’m very pleased with him. I love our Bath Fitter shower stall. It was the best investment that we made.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Joseph, my patient is 93 and has trouble with balance and stepping. It's obvious then that his bathroom needed to be remodeled. I chose the walk-in shower from Bath Fitter for him. After the remodeling, Joseph could now get in and out of the tub extremely easier. The bathroom looks way better and bigger because of the way the shower was made. We've had tons of people that have come in and raved about it and wanted to know where we got it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The complete sales, tech follow up, and installation were impeccably facilitated. Tom **, our rep, was cordial and quite low pressure with his presentation. Tom's low key approach prompted us to pursue the installation. Joe ** worked tirelessly to ensure all details were addressed during the installation. The complete experience was well worth our investment in our bathroom.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing to us. We take your feedback very seriously and want to rectify the issue. It has been brought to our attention that the local branch has been in contact and will be addressing the situation within the week. Please feel free to write and update us about this upcoming visit.

Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

The product is no better than buying a liner from the large Hardware Stores and service is sloppy. Ours looked like crap, scratches easy, it's hard to clean between "fake grout line", the caulking doesn't last and you have to buy their "better" caulking so it will stick. You're their best friend until you have paid for everything - just the usual sales scheme. Save your money and either have a professional come or buy from the hardware store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an old tub that was put in when our house was built in 1956. There's no way to take that tub out of the bathroom but Bath Fitter had the simplest solution on it without causing a whole lot more work -- putting a new tub over the tub. We purchased the tub and the wall liner through Bath Fitter three months ago, and my daughter and I like it. Their sales representative was really nice. He was very informative, nice and showed us everything we could choose from. He didn't try to push anything on us that we did not want. Also, the installation team was extremely friendly. They did a really good job, and cleaned up after themselves. I had a very satisfactory experience with Bath Fitter.

I adore my walk-in shower. Every time I look at it, I love it more! The whole experience was really a class act, from sales rep, to installation, to customer svc. reps when I had a problem. You just can't beat the warranty, and when I did have a issue, the technician came, timely, and solved whatever I needed. I am truly pleased, more like ecstatic, with my shower and seat! I can't thank Bath Fitter enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were at the mall and when we saw the Bath Fitter exhibit, it looked like exactly what we needed. We replaced our bathtub with a large stand up shower and it's great. The sales representative was very cordial and we liked him a lot which was one of the reasons that we went with it, too. There was one man who installed it and he did a very good job. It took him about a day and a half. We were very pleased with Bath Fitter and every time we take a shower, we say, “I’m glad we had that done.”

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve been wanting to remodel our bathroom for a long time and we liked Bath Fitter's seamless shower walls. We got their standup shower and it's great. Their sales rep helped us all the way and gave us what we were looking for. The installation guy was very nice and professional, and cleaned up after himself very well. Overall, they're great people to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my mother a Bath Fitter shower because she was having a hard time getting in and out of the tub. Their sales rep helped me pick the whole thing. She’s very friendly and very accommodating. She told me everything that I needed to know. Then the installer came and he was very knowledgeable. He did an excellent job. Unfortunately, my mother passed away before it was finished, but it’s a nice shower and we all use it. It’s great. I got what I asked for. Everyone who sees the shower just loves it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Bath Fitter was very fast and no mess at all. The guy who put it in was very nice, explained everything and answered all my questions. I was very pleased with him. I was also very satisfied with its quality.

Bath Fitter Company Profile