4.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 518 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a bathroom remodeling company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

3052 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

From the very beginning when the salesman came by to talk to our mom about Bath Fitter and what it all entailed up to the day of installation with Adam, everything was done exactly how it was explained. Adam was very professional, friendly and worked very hard. He was neat and courteous. We had no cleanup after he was done. The end results are fabulous! The man who came to measure had to come twice as mom’s tub was in between sizes. He took his time the both times he had to come out.

The girl who called to confirm appointments and keep us updated was very helpful and courteous. Sam ** who was in training the night they originally came out, called the day after installation to check on things. He was absolutely fabulous throughout the whole process. I highly recommend these guys and Bath Fitter to all my family and friends. You knocked it right out of the park on this one guys!!

Hi Darla,

Wow, thank you! We really appreciate the time you took to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy that Sam and Alex went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction--customer service is always a priority at Bath Fitter so we're thrilled that you love your bathroom. We would love it if you shared photos on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again and don't hestiate to reach out with questions.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We wanted a company that was going to make sure everything around the bathroom was going to be waterproofed. Most of the companies that I had talked to prior told me they have to do the whole thing, and I wasn’t interested in having that done. We had Bath Fitter come out to give us an estimate. When we talked to the guy and heard everything he had to say, it made us think that they are who we wanted to do our bathroom. He seemed to be quite upfront with us with everything and wasn’t pushy. I was real happy with what he had to say as far as what they were going to do and how they would guarantee it.

We purchased the bathtub cover and then the surround around our tub and with the shower. During installation, every once in a while I'd pop my head in and see how things were going and asked the installer about different things, and he was real nice about it. I'm glad the way things were done and I'm happy with the work. I'd recommend Bath Fitter to anybody. My wife's the main one who uses the shower and tub, and she loves it. She tells everybody, “Oh, you got to see my bathroom.” And we're real proud of it.

Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are so happy that our staff was professional, patient and hardworking--we love our Bath Fitter employees! We couldn't be happier to hear how proud you are of your new bathroom. Your recommendation means everything and we would love to see pictures of your new Bath Fitter on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

We were very pleased with the presentation of the gentleman from Bath Fitter and it seemed like a quality company, so we said yes. We got a walk-in shower and the guy that installed it was really good and you could tell he knew his stuff. It took him about seven hours. The shower was very nice and everything went so smoothly. It was a God moment in time.

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for writing a wonderful review and we're thrilled that you are completely satisfied! Customer service is always a priority at Bath Fitter so please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. We would love it if you shared photos of your new walk-in shower! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I was 100% satisfied, they exceeded my expectations. One company that quoted never presented information on the product they were selling, and the other did nothing but put down the other companies. Bath Fitter, Debi, was completely professional. She showed and told me about everything, and then completed the quote. Upon acceptance, the office staff and the installer, Tyson, were the same. Completely professional. They took care of my every need through the process, and even came back to touch up some things that I messed up. I would totally recommend them to anyone thinking about doing some remodel.

Hi Carol,

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful review! That makes our day that our hard working team went above and beyond to make your installation experience so memorable. We're thrilled that they took care of your every need and that you are so satisified with the process and final product. Thanks again for writing and we would love it if you posted pictures of your new Bath Fitter on our Facebook page!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Removed tub and installed handicap shower. I am very pleased with the ordering of shower, installation and the way it works. Both salesman and installer were very kind, courteous and helpful in explaining different things. They could not have been more helpful.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for writing about your wonderful experience! We're so happy to hear how pleased you are with the process and final product. Thanks again for writing and we would love it if you shared pictures on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

My husband and I found the overall experience to be positive. The salesperson, installer, and all those we were in contact with were helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive. If anything, we were given too much attention! Finished product is beautiful, the installation was painless, clean-up meticulous. Better than expected. Your pricing is premium and that turns people off, but I feel it is fair considering the product. Thank you!

Hi Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that our dedicated team was so helpful, professional, and hard working. With our lifetime warranty, your finished product will look beautiful for life! We hope that you that you share pictures of your new bathroom with our fans on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again for your glowing review.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

We hired an independent contractor, a local guy, to update our bathtub surround a few years ago, and the tub fell apart so quickly. In the end, it was even worse and I had already pulled all kinds of money into it. I knew Bath Fitter had a great reputation and I did a lot of research on it. It's expensive but I thought, “It'll be done and I don’t wanna have to worry about it” so I went back there.

My experience with Bath Fitter wasn't a whole lot of high pressure to deal with. When the salesman came over, he gave me the cost and everything was upfront. There were no hidden costs and no surprises. The installation guy was nice. I liked that he put a cloth down on the floor leading upstairs and into the bathroom so that he wasn't walking around on our carpets in muddy boots. So he was very respectful of us and our house. He did a tremendous job and left everything very clean. The independent contractor we hired a couple of years prior left mud in the house, but Bath Fitter didn't do that. We're very happy with the work that they did, so overall it was an excellent experience. Bath Fitter is a company that I would recommend.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

The estimator was very knowledgeable. He arrived on time and was most professional. The installer was very experienced. He worked out all day with no miscues. Some of the old tile grout fell through the drain cut-out in the floor under the old tub. We found the bits of debris after he left and swept it up, no big deal. The odor from the glue used to adhere the tub and surround is extremely pungent. The smell persisted for several days later and was not noticeable about 4 days later. The finished tub and surround are beautiful and solid. The valve and showerhead are works of art. We are quite pleased with this installation.

Hi Sidney,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you're satisfied with your beautiful new Bath Fitter and that it looks like a "work of art!" We really appreciate the time you took to leave a 5-star review and would love it if you shared photos with our fans on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again and enjoy your new bathroom.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Our Bath Fitter associate, Kenton, did a fabulous job! He was very courteous, he cleaned up very well, and we would definitely use bath fitter again in the future. They did everything to our specifications and expectations. Our shower ended up looking very nice!

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you love the final product and that you would use Bath Fitter in the future. Thanks again and enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I stopped at a Bath Fitter kiosk in a show and left my name. A very nice salesman followed up and he had some lady that was nice to me and went over the details of the installation. I was pleased with their performance. The installation team has been very professional. They've called me several times and then they've had men here to double-check the measurements. They did it in a professional manner. I think it's a little expensive but that goes with the territory.

Bath Fitter is very compatible with my way of life. I love it and I have no problems with it. It's nice and easy to keep clean, no seams, and I like the shower heads. However, the handlebars inside the shower should be gnarled instead of smooth, so you can grip them. When they get soapy, and mine are smooth, my hand slips on it. I've seen bars that are gnarled and have little crusts to it, and you can hang on. I would recommend that their top people should incorporate it in their installation. Overall, I'd recommend Bath Fitter to anybody and I have no qualms at all about it.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We've taken your recommendation so we appreciate you providing your feedback. We're so happy that our team went above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied--customer service is always a priority to us at Bath Fitter. Thanks again and we encourage you to share pictures of your new remodel on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I have been pondering about different ideas and seen different things in places like Lowe’s but not being very satisfied until Bath Fitter came through and showed me the product that I really wanted. I got the tub and everything that came with it. The gentleman that installed it was very professional and was very good at what he did for just one person. He knew exactly what he was doing, and was very thorough, courteous and on time. I appreciate his time and his effort. He did an excellent job and I'm very pleased with it.

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your positive experience with Bath Fitter! We are thrilled to hear that our staff was professional, punctual, and courteous. Customer service is always a priority so we are very happy that you're pleased with the outcome. Our lifetime warranty ensures that you will be happy for many years to come! We hope that you will share pictures of your new tub on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We purchased a shower from Bath Fitter. The salesman was pleasant and informative. We also had very good interaction with the installers. However, I was a little disappointed with the financing end of it. Just when I went to pay it off with a credit card, I called the finance company and I was informed I couldn’t do it that way and that it was too late. Also, when the finance company sent the papers out, they sent it to the wrong address, so it sat and got delayed somewhere for a couple of weeks and I had to pay finance charges because of that even if it wasn't my fault. But apart from that, my experience with Bath Fitter was very good.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your 5-star review and for taking the time to describe your experience. We apologize for the financing troubles, but glad that you otherwise had a great experience. If there are any problems, please feel free to reach out to customercare@bathfitter.com, as customer service is our priority. Thanks again for your positive review and we are thrilled you love your new bathroom!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

The tub & shower was a top-notch product and installation was highly professional. The installer had 11 years experience and worked very hard. He explained each step of the installation and he answered all of my questions and was able to get the installation completed in one day. The installation looks great and I am sure it will last for years and years. We are very happy with the purchase.

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review. Our staff are all professional and extremely experienced and we're glad they went above and beyond! You're right--with our Lifetime Warranty, it will last for many, many years to come. Thanks again for writing and we would love it if you shared pictures on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I was tired of dealing with vendors who just don’t do a good job that stays forever. I had some work done in the bathroom before and a month later, the toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall. I wanted to avoid stuff like that and I feel like with Bath Fitter, I could have some recourse. However, I'm a little disappointed in a few things. They could've done a better job with the way they went around my radiator. The salesman also told me that I was gonna have a shower head that could come off, and the guy who installed said they stopped doing that a while ago. I called them one time and they never called me back. Plus the molding looks cheap and it doesn’t look right. I have a kitchen that needs some work and I know that they would do it, but for the quality and what they did around my radiator, it was not cool. Because of that, I probably will not call Bath Fitter anymore unless I have a problem. It's too expensive for what I'm getting. I would never recommend them.

Hi Angie,

Thank you for reaching out. We've passed your note along to customer service and were told that your local branch will be discussing issues with you directly to correct any issues. We encourage you to reach out to customercare@bathfitter.com for additional help. Thanks again for providing your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

New bath: All went well. The $ was high for the quality! But when I had a leaking problem they sent a "tech" and a plumber out and the tech thought was going to walk all over me and was just plain out lying to me! SHAME!

H William,

Thank you so much for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that we've passed your message directly onto our customer service department and we will address it with your local branch. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and will circle back with updates as we receive them.

Thanks again,

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

About 5 years ago we contacted Bath Fitter to remove our tub and install a walk in shower. The workers did a very good job and we were pleased with the installation. However it is now time that we need someone to contact us for help in replacing the gaskets for the sliding glass door. This has proven to be difficult at best. I contacted the local store (Warren RI) that performed the installation, offered to pay for the replacement gaskets 2 months ago and have still not received a response.

I then emailed the corporate office to seek their advice on how to proceed and big surprise no response. My advice to anyone about to spend $10,000.00 or more on a bathroom renovation, avoid this company and hire a local contractor. This is what I have advised my own family and friends to do. I am very frustrated with this company and despite the "lifetime warranty" they sell you on when you are purchasing their product they give the worst customer service ever after the purchase.

Hi Edward and Jacqueline,

Thank you for reaching out and we are so sorry about any inconvenience caused. We have passed your note onto our customer service team and they will reach out directly to your local branch. Thanks again for sharing and for letting us make the situation right!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Bath Fitter has a good reputation and their salesman gave a good pitch. We also know people that have Bath Fitter tubs and walls and they're very satisfied with them. The salesman was very patient because we started off going with a shower and then changed our mind. He came back again, changed all the paperwork and made it a tub. Plus the installation was very good and I couldn’t believe how fast it went. I'm pleased and we have recommended Bath Fitter to other people. They have excellent products and are very nice people to work with.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a 5-star review! We're thrilled to hear that our excellent staff was patient, professional and understanding. With over 30 years of experience, we pride ourselves on a quality product and quality worksmanship. We encourage you to share pictures on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends--we really appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

We recently got a Tub to Shower Conversion from Bath Fitter and it is wonderful. The staff was excellent to work with, the salesman was not pushy and the installer was quick, efficient and professional. Since my stroke getting into my tub to shower was very difficult and dangerous for me, now it is safe and easy. I love it!

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you so much for the positive experience! We're so happy to hear that you love your tub to shower conversion and it makes our day that it's much easier after your stroke. We encourage you to share photos on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, to show our fans your new shower! Thanks again for your kind words!

Best

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Bath Fitter is quick and they're on point, and when they say they're gonna do something, they get it done. The sales rep was wonderful and kind. He went over the document phase and let me know what chemicals I needed to clean up my tub with. The installer showed his name tag, let me know what company he was from, cleaned up and did his job. I'd recommend them to the whole world.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for your wonderfu review! We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience with Bath Fitter and that our team went above and beyond to be kind, hardworking, and professional. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions and thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Warranty should be in Christopher ** and not my name. He loves his new shower. Thank you for doing a great job. The person that came to do the job was very polite and gave me information. I will recommend Bath Fitter to anyone that is needing a new bathroom.

Hi Elsie,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy that you love your new shower -- customer service is our main priority. We're very glad that our team was professional, polite, and hard working. Thank you so much for recommeding us! We encourage you to post pictures on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

After talking with them and having the estimate, it seemed that Bath Fitter had the right equipment for our bathroom remodeling and it looked like it’s going to be a custom application. They've also been there for a while and so, we got the tub to shower recess from them last December. The sales rep and installer were both friendly and professional. The guy who installed showed up on time and he did not leave until I was satisfied with the job. He was there almost until 11:00 that night making sure that everything was good. He finished the job and he didn’t need to come back to touch anything up. We were very happy with the finished product. I got what I expected and it's an all around good experience.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for you wonderful review! Bath Fitter has over 30 years experience under our belt and we pride ourselves in our quality and worksmanship! We're thrilled that you love your new tub and that our staff was so friendly and hardworking. We hope you share pictures of your remodel on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Bath Fitter has a lifetime warranty and it's the best thing. I don't have to worry for a long, long time. My brother and my niece from Delaware both have Bath Fitter and they like it and so we finally decided to get our bathroom done with them. It's like we almost have a new bathroom. The sales people were great. They explained everything thoroughly and took their time.

The gentleman that first came over did the measurements. Then the person that came and checked the measurements and the installation, they all worked together. All the materials were exact. Everything just worked out great because they took their time to make sure that their job was completed. The gentlemen who did the installation got here on his time, and it took him like all day. He just kept at it and I never saw him take a break. Just coming down to get materials and going back up to the bathroom. He left 9:30 and he just wanted to make sure everything was fine.

Then he went over with us and now we're putting new rug down, so he's going to come back. When we're finished with tile he's going to finish caulking it. He told us just to let him know when. He says they don't care if it's now or next year. My experience with Bath Fitter was very good. Everybody I interacted with was excellent and they also helped me with the financing. It worked out really good for us. Moreover, the shower curtain they gave us was awesome. We bought them in the past and it lasted a couple of weeks and it's excellent.

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of Bath Fitter! We are so happy that our staff took the time to measure and remeasure your bathroom--we pride ourselves in a fantastic product and never compromise quality. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a positive review and know that with our Lifetime Warranty, your bathroom will look fantastic for a long time!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I got a walk-in shower with glass door from Bath Fitter as my husband was getting to the point where he couldn't go in to the bath tub. I chose them for the time frame and also to the warranty on the product and my experience has been excellent. Every person worked and the areas that they were working remained clean throughout the process. The worker himself was very courteous and did a beautiful job. They are trustworthy and I would not have second thoughts about leaving them in our home by themselves. I was very impressed that we were without water for just an hour and a half. I would recommend them to anyone.

Hi Gene,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience! We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and are so happy to offer a lifetime warranty. We're thrilled to hear that you are so happy with your new remodel and that you were so impressed with the final product. We encourage you to share photos on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Thanks,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Bath Fitter was giving an AARP discount and they had really high reviews on their internet site. I had our tub completely taken out and had a whole new shower put in with the pretend tiles by them. The sales rep and the installer were great. I am extremely pleased with the result and I highly recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Hi Bernadine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review! We're so happy that you are extremely pleased and we appreciate you recommending us to everyone! Thanks again and enjoy your new Bath Fitter.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Great looks and job well done, and he cleaned up after getting done every day. Thank you so much. We are happy with the finish job. Yes we will tell our friends and family what a great job and very pleased with the results.

Hi Eddie,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear how happy you are with the job and we really appreciate your recommendation. Thanks again for detailing your wonderful experience and we encourage you to share photos of your new bathroom with our fans on Facebook!

Thanks again,

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I had a Bath Fitter product installed in our house ten years ago. When we recently did a remodel, we thought about talking to a couple of different contractors, but also thought we'd get Bath Fitter in there and listen to the opportunity. My wife really liked the groutless look that Bath Fitter did so we did two bathrooms with them - one shower install and one bath with wainscoting around the bathroom.

The sales reps were fairly good. They weren't real pushy but they got their point across and tried to make the sale that day. I appreciate their time and all in all, it was a pretty good experience with them. The installer was really conscientious. The one drawback that we didn't really appreciate was the fact that the wainscoting pattern didn't match up exactly with the tile pattern in the tub. They did a great job of trying to make it look as best as they could, but there was a point where we almost canceled the wainscoting completely. But the installer did a great job in lining things up, thinking outside the box, and making the remodel satisfactory to my wife and me. Though Bath Fitter is a lot more expensive than some other installs, we have a couple of positives. The work is nice and we like it.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your positive review--we appreciate you remodeling both of your bathrooms with Bath Fitter! We're thrilled to hear that our team was so patient, professional and hard working. Know that your new shower and tub come with a Lifetime Warranty so you'll be happy for life! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We first contacted Bath Fitter at the Bloomsburg Fair. We saw a booth and talked to the gentleman there. My wife had already spoken to people that had positive results and thought Bath Fitter was good. Matt, our sales rep, was wonderful and nice to us. He took his time with us and explained everything. That was a very positive experience and I'm very impressed with him. The installer was also excellent. He did really well and cleaned up. He also answered any questions we had and went over things with us so we knew exactly what he was doing and that was very good also. On our upstairs, he put a tub right over the existing tub. And then downstairs, we had a shower. And there he pretty well tore the walls out and the base and re-did that, then put a new shower in, a door, and the walls going up to the ceiling. I was very pleased with everything and I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're thrilled to hear what a wonderful experience you had and we're so happy that you're so happy! Thanks again and enjoy your new Bath Fitter.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I went to two other companies, got estimates and the gentleman from Bath Fitter gave me a good price and he seemed really intelligent and knew what he was talking about. I was happy and comfortable with him. The sales rep came in here and broke everything down for me. He got the book guide and showed me everything in the book and what was going to happen. So now we’re a team and whenever he would come in to do work on it, I knew what was going to happen. I had them take the tub out and made it into a walk-in shower. The team that did the installation came in and laid down a carpet first off, so that when they did move anything, they wouldn’t be messing with my carpet. That was really professional. They were nice guys and they did everything they were supposed to do. They did it quickly, too.

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for writing about your positive experience! We really appreciate the time you took to give such a postive review. We're so glad to hear that our team was professional, patient and efficient. We pride ourselves in our wonderful staff, so we love that you were a team with our installers and could trust them to make the right decisions! Please share photos of your new shower on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, so that our fans can see you new remodel!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I bought this Cindi 3 months ago and the tub is Bath Fitter. I called to ask about someone coming to price putting in a shower door and the response from Stephanie was appalling. She asked about paperwork to prove it was Bath Fitters or the peckish owners' name etc none of which I had. I said "just have someone come out" - that would be good customer experience but she said "we only do shower doors for Bath Fitter customers." I couldn't believe in this business environment, a company refused to send someone to take my money. All I wanted was someone to come and look to confirm it is Bath Fitter - although I told the girl, a plumber AND a contractor told me it was. This was the worst customer experience ever and I'm including the cable companies.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out. Customer service is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your note has been passed directly to our customer care team. We've been told that you have been in touch with your local branch and they are handling the problem. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

The technician showed up on time and said that he would be done in just a few hours. He was courteous, kept things clean and was friendly. Most importantly, he was on schedule. When my wife returned home for the day, she was immensely pleased with the product and the install. We would recommend purchase of a Bath Fitter product to anyone wishing to upgrade their bath in a heartbeat. Thanks for a good job.

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for writing! We're thrilled that you're satisfied with the remodel and are so happy you would recommend us! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and know with our lifetime warranty you will have a beautiful tub for years to come. Thanks again and we would love it if you would post pictures on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

-The Bath Fitter team