Get a Free Quote
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Bath Fitter does beautiful work. The person who installed our walk-in shower did an excellent job. He cleaned up his mess afterward. The shower itself was great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Evelyn! We are so glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I got a shower and spa with the finishing touches done a month ago and the quality is very good. The Bath Fitter sales rep told me what faucets would match the faucets that are going in the shower, and he was actually at a Lowe's and took a picture of a couple for me. So, he went above and beyond. The installers did a great job as well.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We love our tub and wall overlay. Quest was great on explaining things. Matt did a great install. Everything we wanted, there's a but here and that's why I only give a 4. No follow up to ask us how we like it, and I did put in a complaint about a very small knick in our brand new vanity, I'm sure it was an accident, but nonetheless nobody's called back.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thanks for your review. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied and we will pass this message over to our branch and they will be sure to give you a call to discuss your experience. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We had a new bath from Bath Fitter with all the fixtures installed. It was purchased in October of last year. We spoke to the representative that came out and she was very professional. The installers were very professional as well. The installation didn’t take more than a day, And the finished product is great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Nichole! We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with our team!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I had seen Bath Fitter on television and then I talked to a gentleman at the Illinois State Fair in their booth. It seemed that it wasn’t gonna be a long drawn-out affair. The gentleman I talked to, and then everybody that I talked to after that, seemed to know what they were talking about. I had confidence in the conversation so I decided to go with them. Everybody at Bath Fitter was very courteous and nice. In fact, we had some problem with my check, and the lady rep was very patient with me until I got the check to her. The installation was nice. They put an encasement around my tub and did the walls.

There were some things that I missed that I should have told the installer, but I just went ahead and didn't say anything about it. It was something minor and that can be taken care of, but it could have been a bit different. The only thing was that I had seen later that there were other things, and maybe I overlooked it when I talked to the salesman who came out, but I wish now that I had gotten something that was smooth. They’re not a smooth wall. But other than that, everything’s okay and my bathroom looks better. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Peggie, thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your new Bath Fitter unit. We will also pass your message along to our branch to see if there is anything more we can assist you with. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Tub did not maintain its looks and luster. I am so disappointed. Our water in our area is not the best and my tub is now black with stains! I have two service men come and they said with elbow grease it will come off. Not coming off. They both were very nice but did not help in the situation. I have tried all of the products. We have a mineral deposit that wont come out. I feel sick. I spent over $4000 and it looks worse than the avocado green tub they covered over. I am just heartsick. I cannot get it clean!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, we're sorry to hear about this issue. We have passed this information over to our branch and they should be in touch shortly. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I was walking through Home Depot and saw a Bath Fitter sample. I thought they looked better than they used to look years ago. I purchased the tub and the surround. The sales rep was very forthright and to the point. He was a down-to-earth person without a lot of frivolities. I was satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Ordered tub after having salesman out. Started in June 2018. Tub had to be ordered as it was an insert over old tub. Now my old tub definitely had issues. So in good faith gave him money down, a few days later got several phone calls that tub couldn't be ordered until I paid more money down. Then the wait began. Never heard back. Finally in August they came out with original insert. Young guy came to install. Let's say it was interesting at best. So fast forward tub still retains water and the cracked tiles.

Call office. They send a guy out and he says "yup you got a problem. I guess I shouldn't ask for the balance owing." I just gave him a look. Well many calls and many months go by and no new replacement. Ask to speak with owner and instead I get operations woman. Says this is warranty and can't without payment. I explained to her the long running monthly calls. She says, "Oh look. Your tub is sitting in warehouse." Now it is February 2019. She schedules guy to come replace. There was so much water between the insert and tub. I have black tiles now too. Well now, he replaces the insert and I have even more cracked tiles, the tub still doesn't completely drain and they have sent 3 bills in 2 weeks and no return calls. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR BATH INSERT. To top it off the last insert they put in made my tub so small I can't take a bath.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Loreen, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we apologize for your frustrations. We will pass this message along to our branch and be in touch shortly. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I contacted Bath Fitter and scheduled a consultation appointment with Bryan. He thoroughly explained and answered all questions and we completed all paperwork and financing. About a week later, Lisa contacted me and set up the install appointment, which was rescheduled earlier due to a cancellation. Yesterday, (2/20/19) Tom, their lead installer carefully and methodically set up, removed my old worn out fiberglass tub and installed a beautiful tub/shower.

He explained all along what he was going to do and asked pertinent questions about the placement of the shelves and safety handle and other preferences. He thoroughly explained how he fit the larger, elegant tub in place, how to operate the beautiful Delta fixtures, and how to care for it. I was very satisfied with the attention and quality in the installment of my new tub/shower and clean up afterward. I highly recommend Bath Fitter for these reasons and for the professional customer service I received. From start to finish, Bath Fitter exceeded my expectations, which is why they rate FIVE stars!!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Janice! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's commercial on TV that had a professional, the Better Business Bureau, and freebies, so I went with them and I didn’t even check the prices. I got the tub and the surrounding walls around it. The sales people were fine. They sent a guy out to measure and do an estimate, and he was great. They set up financing with Wells Fargo. That all went well. Then the installer was great too and did a good job. I’m happy with them. It hasn't been two weeks yet since I made the purchase, but the products that I received are great and I like them. My experience with Bath Fitter went so smoothly for me.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lee, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a home approx. 2 years ago and the seller had recently had Bath Fitter come in and install a new bath in the home. I rented the home to a nice couple and everything was going well. I received a call from them and they explained that the tub caulking had broken down and water was seeping into the old tub. We contacted Bath Fitter and to my surprise they said there was no warranty! They then informed me that it would cost $450.00 to remove the tub and empty the water from the old tub and re-install the tub! The fact is if the caulking was done properly it should have lasted a lot longer than just 2 years! I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we can appreciate your frustration. According to our team, the cause of the leak was a silicone issue however this silicone job was not completed by Bath Fitter. We understand our branch had been able to resolve this issue. Should you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The sales rep I worked with at Bath Fitter was very friendly and informative. He was also easy to get a hold of. I had them replace the surround thing in the tub and in the shower head. The plumber came about 7:30, and the other guy came about 9:00 and he was gone by 4:00. Bath Fitter was very good. My bathroom is very nice now and I like it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

A gentleman from Bath Fitter came down and he majored in everything and shot me a price. Then, I invited the installation crew into my home and showed them where I wanted the shower. They went in and out and cleaned up their mess when they were done. They were nice and polite. They did what they were supposed to do and I am happy with the finished product. They put in one shower in the bathroom but they did not have the stuff to finish the other bathroom. There were some bad pipes so they made arrangements to come back a second time.

They had to beat the bathtub up because it was cast iron. They packed it out and redid the floor where the bathtub sat. It took them about five hours and the job was well done. When they finished, it is a bathtub-sized shower and it is awesome. We also got one grab bar that was the bigger ones and we went with a curtain as they were not able to put sliding doors to where it was situated. Bath Fitter was a little on the expensive side at $11,000 but we like them. They are efficient and are really grandly. They are nice, big and it is a little more than we expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear you are happy with your new shower!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Very pleased with my new tub. Eduardo was very professional and friendly explain in detail what he would be doing and showed/asked me where I would like to put my accessories. After installation he showed me how to turn on the shower/tub and explain paperwork. I am enjoying my tub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wanda, thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I notified Bath Fitter out at the mall and they called me, then we set up an appointment. I thought that going with them would be a good way to go because it was all gonna be guaranteed for life and it was all sealed. Their sales representative explained everything really well to be able to tune exactly where we were coming from. The guys that came out to do the install were on time and cleaned up very well afterward. The finished product is beautiful. Bath Fitter has been the fastest ones so far. I just wish they did more than just the bathtub and showers I wish they expanded to do more things because the quality of the work they put in was excellent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wayne, thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you are loving your new bathroom. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Chino did my install, he was on time and professional. I’m very pleased with his work and attention to detail. Plus he really loves his job. That makes all the difference in the world. I would recommend Chino to anyone planning a makeover.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dianne, thank you for your review! We so glad to hear Chino was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A friend of mine recommended Bath Fitter and that was why I went with them. The sales rep we dealt with was very good. He explained everything and answered the questions we asked. Then two weeks ago, Bath Fitter did the installation and they did a great job. The plumber came on the first day and all that took a couple hours. Then the installer came and it took about six and a half hours. And so far, the quality is good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Norman! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I had the tub surround with the walls installed with Bath Fitter and their salesman was terrible. He needed to get his game together. He didn't do anything that he set about, so they had to have somebody else step in. The installers told me that they were gonna do one thing, but whenever the guy showed up to do it, he left because what I was told and what was on the work order were two different things, and he wasn’t gonna do something that wasn’t right. So, the manager of the installer was the one that took care of it. When the guys came out the second time to do the install, it went fine.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that ultimately our branch was able to install your bathtub to your satisfaction. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

They do not stand by their lifetime warranty. Shower head was leaking, they made me call Delta. Then they wanted $75.00 to put in. We paid almost 4000.00 for this. $500 was for shower head, we were told at time of purchase that we would not be covered if we used our shower head. Money down the drain with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joan, we apologize for your frustrations. Our warranty covers all our acrylic products, the Delta shower heads are covered by their own manufacturer's warranty. We would be happy to do the work at a cost should you reconsider. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The consultant told me I should expect 2 teams, one for each bathroom. He said they should complete the tubs and shower walls in about 6 hours. He said it’ll be sealed up so nothing could breathe under the wall and create mold. I was told they would clean up before they left. All false promises! I had 2 people, one for each room. They arrived close to 9 am and the first bathroom was done by around 5:45. The other man left at 8:45 pm with an unfinished room. As a single mother of 2 girls, I had to finally tell him he had 15 minutes before he had to leave. His reply was that the other man didn’t leave the Teflon tape so he couldn’t finish the job anyway. He gathered garbage and the supplies to finish the job (my shower head and soap dish), apologized, and left.

I inspected the showers and tubs and was utterly disappointed. The caulking was sloppy and even missing for both rooms. There is a finger-width gap between the installed shower wall and my bathroom wall in bathroom “completed” early. No caulking along either top seams where the shower meets the wall or the border meets the installed shower wall in the first bathroom. They are not sealed and will allow mold to live. The showers were not wiped and the inexperienced guy left behind a large white board and a screw on the floor besides the dust. The faucets aren’t touching the walls or caulked.

The unfinished bathroom’s overflow is too high, not placed right, and there is a black chip/scratch/damage from when it was installed wrong. I took pictures, left comments on the website, and even called while the guy was still here at 8:30 pm and was told to call back in the morning to complain. I expected a much better product and service for close to $10K.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amanda, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we'd like the opportunity to make this right. We will pass this message over to our branch and they will be in touch shortly. Thank you for brining this to our attention.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

In early December we had Bath Fitter in to replace a tub with a walk-in shower and have been very pleased with the results. Chino worked quickly and efficiently and seemed ready to cope with any and all inconveniences that might have arisen. All floors and stairs were covered as much as possible and his after work cleanup was much appreciated. We would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.

The only downside to our experience with your company was regarding the unfortunate interaction and lack of cooperation with the office staff who refused to return our phone calls or even take calls from us during several delays leading up to the installation. Our thanks go also to Mr. ** who did pay attention to our situation and informed us (as much as he could) prior to the installation. Again kudos to Chino and congratulations to Bath Fitter for the quality of their workforce. Sorry Chino if your name is misspelled in this.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Brian and Wendy! We're glad to hear our installer Chino was able to provide such a great service. We apologize for any communication issues and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My wife looked at Bath Fitter and she said she’d like to try it. The sales rep came and gave me the spiel. I agreed with it and paid him the down payment. We had the bathroom with the walls and the new faucets installed. The installer was very proficient when he was done and he did a good job. I’d recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Charles! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for your business.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went through the process of having someone come out to my home. The paperwork was completed and my appointment was set up. One gentleman came out and left because of the (rain) weather. I do not understand why the company does not have equipment or supplies for this situation. When trying to contact the sales gentleman and the "general manager ", I received no responses. But I guess that's how business is done when the company has received the money. Does one only schedule appointments on sunny days. The gentleman who came out did not seem to want to talk about prices until the end in which I was presented with the grand total. I would not and could not recommend this company. My first impression and first experience is the company is very unprofessional. My only option with the star rating is 1 star which is highly rated.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cheryl, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we would like the opportuntiy to make it right! We will pass this message along to our local branch and be in touch shortly. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Had a tub/surround install 8/31/2016. Now the top of the surround is coming away from the wall. According to my warranty this is covered (supposed to be a lifetime warranty). I contacted Bath Fitter. Was told materials are covered but there would be a $75 service charge. Really? The only thing I see in the warranty states there is a minimum $75 service charge if silicone becomes yellow due to smoking/negligence of cleaning or misuse.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kim, we appreciate your feedback. We will pass this message over to our local branch and be in touch shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I took Bath Fitter's bid and acted on it. Their reps treated me well and all was exceptional. Also, the crew that did the installation was very good. They put in a small, individual, personal shower. Their work is good, but the materials are not as high quality as what I picked out. The whole thing was a little bit overpriced, but I wanted it done, so I bit that apple. They did what they said they would do. People can count on good service from Bath Fitter but they might need to negotiate the price more.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to our team was able to provide you with great experience. Our Bath Fitter products all have a lifetime warranty, so should you every require any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your business!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Let me preface this review by saying that we were prior very satisfied Bath Fitter customers (so this is how they treat returning customers). On Jan. 11, 2019, Sales Consultant Mandy ** attended our home for a free home consultation. After a few hours she left our home having provided an "estimate" for either a tub or shower package and after taking an $1,800 good faith deposit. On Jan. 30, 2019, we notified the company that we would not be consummating the purchase "at this time", not never. That same day, Ms. ** advised us that we would be forfeiting our deposit since 19 days had elapsed.

NOTE: that the estimate states in bold "ESTIMATE IS VAID FOR 30 DAYS". Also noted is a reference to the reverse side for "Buyer's Right to Cancel" which states that the customer has 10 days to cancel after receiving the copy of the contract. The issue at bar is whether an estimate (that is valid for 30 days) is actually a purchase contract.

Ms. ** no fewer than 3 times assured both my wife and I that our deposit was fully refundable. She was also very aware that consummation of the contract was entirely dependent on the cost for floor renos/repairs funded through a settlement from an insurance claim. If there was any excess then we would likely go forward with the bathroom installation -- if not, then we would not be as we had suffered several catastrophic events in Nov/Dec (both main floor toilets backing up -- hence the floors repairs, and our furnace died while we were in hotel for the emergency remediation going on in the house). This was all clearly shared with Ms. ** who assured us that we had no obligation to execute on this "Estimate". In fact, she also noted on the Estimate that they would be booking 8-10 weeks out allowing for the bathroom floor repairs to be concluded. Finally, we were not even approved for financing at this point either.

YET, WE SOMEHOW ENTERED INTO A FINAL PURCHASE & SALE AGREEMENT (to which we have not received a final copy... Well, because we didn't finalize the purchase -- i.e. bath or shower, go or no go?) Now, I have received a voicemail from the VP of the company asking me to call him back so that we can resolve whatever differences that we have. I have not yet done so as I have been perfectly clear in two emails that I've sent that we want our $1,800 good faith deposit back!!! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Service Alberta, and I have prepared a Statement of Claim to serve on the company. Folks, times must be so tough in Alberta that this is how Bath Fitter has chosen to treat returning customers (by stealing their deposit). It's shameful and it's illegal.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had two companies come out and give us an estimate and we were happy with Bath Fitter's presentation. They gave us what we wanted to hear. Their price was more expensive than the other place but they explained everything to us and were very thorough, like if there could be mold back there. We wanted a seat in the shower. The other company said that they would save us money and that we don’t need that seat, but I didn't want that. I wanted a good quality job and feel more reassured. Also, the Bath Fitter plumber went down the basement and checked. The other company didn’t check anything.

We got a shower but no tub. It's round with a thing in it. It works good and it doesn’t leak. There are shelves in there and we put in a grab bar. The person who installed the shower was excellent. It was snowing that time and I called up Bath Fitter's office to ask if the installer would come 'cause it was miserable. The lady told me not to worry about him as he'd come at 8 o’clock. At 8 o’clock, he was in my house already doing the work. He took out our tub ‘cause we didn’t it anymore and he sealed it all up. It’s what we wanted so we were happy. If I need any work done, I would hire him. He worked all day plus we talked all day. I’m a big Green Bay Packers fan and so was he so we got along just excellently.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Bath Fitter did a remodel on our tub/shower surround 4 years ago. About 2 years in, we felt water "squishing" in between the tub and the liner. We called the local branch who did the install, and they came out right away and fixed the problem by removing the drain, forcing the water out and resealing the drain. I was very impressed with how quick and courteous they were in dealing with the issue.

The exact same issue has started again recently and when we contacted the company this time, they said it is not covered under their warranty and that it will cost approximately $500 to fix. Bath Fitter claims that the "lifetime warranty" only covers cracking or damage to the liners, not installation. We are very disappointed that this is the solution that they have offered us. With this in mind, there is no way we could ever recommend someone use their service.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Brandon, we apologize for your frustrations. Our warranty covers all our acrylic products however there is a service charge for the labor. We would be happy to do the work should you reconsider. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had a walk-in shower installed by Bath Fitter. An agency referred me to them. The sales rep I worked with was very nice. So far, I'm very satisfied with the walk-in tub and the installation. I would recommend Bath Fitter to other people.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feeback Geraldine! We're glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

A friend of mine had something done by Bath Fitter and he was very pleased. I called and they made an appointment. They showed up on time, was very pleasant, and helpful. They were also very competent. Then they set up the appointment for the installation. The installer's professionalism and quality of work were excellent. Apparently, this is a one-person job. But someone was free, so both of them came and did it much faster. It was incredible. There was an upstairs unit, and they had to haul everything up and down the stairs. They put everything in garbage bags. It was so clean, I couldn’t believe they could have done it like that, but they did. We were very pleased with that.

However, I had one little problem with the mixer. Where water was supposed to be hot, it was cold and vice-versa. I was just living with it because I knew hot was cold and cold was hot. But someone called me from their customer relations to see how everything was so I mentioned it. We set up an appointment and they came. They fixed it quickly. It's still not perfect, but it's okay. There are also a few things that I might have done differently. I'm not totally thrilled with the shower itself and I should have made some other choices. Still, I had a very good experience with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mona, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter Company Information