4.35/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3902 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We needed to have some bathroom remodeling done and after I had a conversation with the salesman, Bath Fitter seemed to be a good fit. The salesman was very professional and knowledgeable. He was on time and he did a good presentation. We had them redo a tub and shower surround in a rental unit. I went to see the finished product and it looked very nice and well done. It was a good experience and I would definitely do that again. In this situation, we had a nice, rental home that definitely needed to have the bathroom redone, but we couldn't have our tenant be without a bathroom for a week. Bath Fitter is a good route to go and a good alternative if you need to have something done quickly.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight our customers for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We were able to see the product of Bath Fitter locally and we liked their price and the convenience of getting the work done quickly. The sales rep was informative and he knew what he was talking about. We also felt good about what he was presenting. We purchased a shower and a tub shower. The installation process went very well, although I still am waiting for them to come back to me on one issue. The shower door doesn’t appear to be long enough and they are to get back to me on that, but they never have. However, all in all, they’re good. I would like to hear back from someone who’ll repair the door, but we’re very pleased with the product overall and what they did and how they did it. I would recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bob, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We will pass this information along to your branch and have them contact you about dealing wiht your issue. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I saw the work that Bath Fitter did at my parents’ house. My dad is very particular and he was incredibly happy with the job and what they did was nice. I was able to finally have my long-overdue bathroom done by Bath Fitter as well where they installed a shower. I made my purchase in June and the sales rep was great. She was very patient and showed me everything that I needed to see. She also answered all my questions and it was excellent. The gentleman who did the installation was very professional and did a great job. He told me everything that needed to be done. He was quick and clean, and the shower looks great. It was a 100% great experience with Bath Fitter and I would recommend them again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Faith, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I highly recommend Bath Fitter! My 50 plus year old tub/shower started to leak into the wall thru the grout on the tile wall soaking the sheetrock behind, I was getting quotes to repair thru contractors and they were in excess of $10,000! So I called Bath Fitter and Mike **, sales consultant for Bath Fitter promptly came to my house, assessed the situation, explained the whole process. They would remove the walls, repair the damage, replace the plumbing, and install tub and surround right over my existing tub all in one day! I was skeptical, my fear was it would look like a "cheap fix" but in fact it looks like a million bucks, the installer and plumber arrived at my house at the exact time I was told and by the end of the day had a new tub and walls! The installer Milo was very professional and super respectful of my property, laying down drop clothes on my carpet where they had to walk, etc. When they left everything was perfect!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Craig, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and appreciate you sharing those wonderful photos! Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I spent over $3,600.00 to have a new bathtub and shower professionally installed and it wasn't. The hot and cold water supply to the supply valve were incorrectly installed. When I turn the handle to cold water side of the indicator I get hot water and vice versa. This is a safety issue. I contacted Bath Fitter and they refused to correct this mistake. It is an issue of lack of attention to details. It has happened before according to office representative. I was to I have to live with this mistake.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rocco thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand your branch has been in touch and is working towards a resolution. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not heistate to reach out. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

It's been four months since Bath Fitter did the tub and its surrounding area in my bathroom. I was pleased with everything, and everyone, from the salesman to the person who did the installation, was professional. Overall, Bath Fitter did a perfect job. Everyone who has seen what they did think it's marvelous. In fact, a few had said that they might get Bath Fitter to do theirs too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Vivian, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My parents were inquiring that a small bathroom in their home have a makeover. A lady from Bath Fitter traveled to their home on a Friday, talked with them about the process, then had them sign papers and pay $1000 for the downpayment of a total cost of $6000. After the woman left, they had some tragic things happen that is preventing them from moving forward with the "makeover"! My father called the next week to cancel the "potential" bathroom makeover, Bath Fitter then informed them that they would not be getting the $1000 back! At no time did the woman from Bath Fitter inform them that they would not be receiving their money back. It was undisclosed.

Bath Fitter completely took advantage of them! The woman rushed my parents through the process, they felt uneasy during the entire "home visit" and pressured into signing! We as a family are completely disgusted with the representation viewed on television by Bath Fitter! We will not recommend them to anyone in fact, will tell every one of our experience with Bath Fitters! What a disgrace! Taking advantage of people, especially those that are aging, trusting, and have come upon hard times. I need to add that no work had taken place in my parents home from Bath Fitter, therefore there are no photos to add to this review.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shelly, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to investigate further. We will be reaching out in private to gather more information. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Ahhh... Husband just called and said Bath Fitter will not do anything about our frozen pipes. It just happens they said. August of 2017 - we spent hard earned money to have our tub and shower re-done. At the time the installer insulated the wall (west wall) where our water pipes run up from the basement. He assured us we would have no problem with the water freezing anymore. (Which is one of the reasons we wanted to have this done. If you do it you do it right... RIGHT!!) December 30 2017 - the water froze in the wall. At that time we just turned the water off to that shower/bath... Waited for spring. I didn't want anyone tracking in the winter time, since we had another bathroom we could use.

After many e-mails concerning this - we did get a call from a gal who was going to set up a time for an installer to come out. Still waiting... We have been overly patient with all of this waiting. We went to the State Fair and complained to their salesperson... Left details and phone numbers. Now they finally called (August 2018) and said "things happen and we aren't going to fix this..." OMG... Spent $5000 and that's all the satisfaction we get?? We could of just went to Menards and done it ourselves for much much less and probably had it done right. I just don't get it. You spend good money and get no satisfaction! Not to mention my husband is disabled and doesn't feel well most of the time. I'm so upset right now. I can't even talk.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janelle, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we’d love the opportunity to investigate futher. We will be in touch shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

On the 1st of May, we had Bath Fitter replace the tub with a shower. I liked our Bath Fitter salesman, Matt. He was very personable. However, I felt that the installation guy was rushed. When we signed up, they said that it might take a day and a half but the guy was on a time frame. I thought he was overextended. There was a hole in my ceiling and it happened when the old tub was taken out. There was also a small hole in the tile on my bathroom floor which I’m sure was all part of one person working very diligently to get a day and a half job done in a day. Other than that, we were impressed with the one-piece wall unit. We wouldn't have to worry about mildew. The only thing is that it's hard to clean between where the doors overlap which was like two inches. If they could improve the doors so they don’t overlap then that would be a good thing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Marie, thank you so much for sharing. We really apprecaite you taking the time to write about your remodling. We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Matt receives the recognition he deserves. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I've had an excellent experience with Bath Fitter. I was in one of the home and garden shows and remodelers’ shows at the State Fairgrounds in Columbus and I had heard about Bath Fitter on commercials before, so I looked at their product. There wasn’t a lot of high pressure and I liked the product that they were selling and also the choices that I had. The sales rep who I worked with was professional. He had experience with the product and had information about the products and with the choices that we were making.

Three months ago, we got the tub and had our walls done on our bathroom through Bath Fitter. It was nice and we like it a lot. The installation went smooth and the installer gave us the information as far as cleaning the tub. He was in and out in one day. We were happy with it. I would recommend Bath Fitter. Their product may be a little higher-priced than others, the quality is there that warrants it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terry, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Our bathtub, shower and that whole area were very old and starting to fall. We thought it needed a new look and it seemed like Bath Fitter was the right product. The sales rep did well and he explained everything. He saw what we had and told me that he could definitely help me out. Also, the installer came exactly when he was supposed to and did a good job. He was thorough and wasn’t goofing off most of the time. It took him eight hours to do everything which was exactly what they said. In the end, the work done was exactly what we expected. We went through what we ordered and got what we ordered. They came when they said they would and ended up with the cost as much as they said they would. It was a good experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, thank you for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I got in touch with Bath Fitter and talked to Rachel, the sales rep. She was very patient and gave me more information than any of the other companies when I had questions. There were some things that I didn’t quite understand, so I asked her a couple of times and she had no problem answering them. Everyone that I came in contact with from the beginning to the end of the job was wonderful, patient and answered any questions. The gentleman that did the installation never made a mess and cleaned up everything. There was no residue anywhere, not even a footprint of anything. The bathroom is very small, so it was hard not to make a mess in it because he didn’t have a lot of space to move. You wouldn’t know that he had been in there other than seeing a new shower. I love the shower and every time I go in there, I smile.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bernadine, thank you so much for sharing. We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

There were two different guys who did the installation and I spoke with them. They both answered my questions and were very helpful. But there was a problem with the caulking and I got frustrated trying to get a hold of Bath Fitter. So I’m gonna call the sales rep instead. He was very responsive when I dealt with him and I know the issue would get taken care of. Bath Fitter's back office may need a little more work but as long as they’ve got salespeople who are responsive and know how to get to the right person, there's really not much of an issue.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, thank you for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had Bath Fitter replace my shower stall in 2004 and was told I had lifetime warranty. In 2007 I had to have the base replaced because it cracked along the bottom and we had water running through the wall into the laundry room whenever someone took a shower. When I called I was told that they stopped the lifetime warranty in 2004 and that I didn't qualify. After some arguing they said "Oh I'm sorry we made a mistake and you just made it into the lifetime warranty." So after 2 more months of arguing it was finally replaced.

Fast forward to today. My base is cracked again in the same place as before and the surround walls have two cracks in them in one corner. I called Bath Fitter and was told that the lifetime warranty only started in 2007 and I only had five year warranty on mine. When I said I paid more to have Bath Fitter do it so it had a lifetime warranty I was told "We don't charge more for lifetime." No, but you were more expensive than the other bids I had on it, but I went with Bath Fitter for the lifetime warranty. Bottom line is they are sorry but you're out of luck. They were nice enough to offer to send someone out to give me a price on re-doing it. Don't fall for Bath Fitter's promises. I had recommended many people to Bath Fitter, if you're one of them I'm sorry.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback. This does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. Our local branch will be in touch to address your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My mom and dad had one of their other baths done by Bath Fitter. So we called again and this time, we had a walk-in shower installed. That included the walls, the plumbing, the drain and the doors. Our experience with the sales rep was very good and that was the reason we bought from them. On the installation, the team kept us informed and cleaned up very well. The shower turned out to be fantastic. Bath Fitter did a very good job and should be commended for it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bob, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Hi, so to start Bath Fitter was hired by my landlord "Chartwell Holdings" for their "Rockingham Village Apartments". The installer "Jason" showed up and seemed energetic to say the least, he was chatty throughout the install and continuously complained about the building. He first decided that the 3 handle valve that I had should be replaced so he quickly cut it out and started installing the new single handle valve. He didn't measure his depth though and after sweating valve he left to get the shower surround ready, came back up and found that he had cut it too short by about 2 inches. Then rather than go get another one and try again he insisted on fudging the top with patches... "seamless one piece? NOT!" So then he brought it out further into the room than the old shower walls by a couple inches instead of trimming it closer to what was there. He said it had been a bad week 'cause he kept screwing up all week.

At first tried to pressure test and saw at least one leak from upper showerhead mount which he said would be fixed toward the end. His attitude wasn't a good one when it came to the building and working on fitting things. Just seemed unprofessional at best. Glad he's gone and I hope he never has to return to fix anything. I'd be a lot more upset if it was my property and I was paying the bill but since I only rent here it's their ultimate issue not mine. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE! The shower surround across the hall was done by the renter and came out far better for a lot less money. In my opinion using chunks of extra drywall to shim the shower valve to push the pipes back further into the wall cavity because you didn't measure properly and using multiple layers of double sided tape to compensate for a wall being out of slightly out of square just screams "mickey moused" and unprofessional.

Adding ugly strips of plastic you had to fudge in above the tub surround to make it reach the ceiling is also not in line with their description. He forgot to caulk where the ugly strips meet the ceiling too. Then when he replaced a toilet shutoff valve he forgot to put the flange that covers the hole in the wall, on the pipe before adding the valve and hose so he cut the flange and fudged that on too. Seemed like he couldn't wait to get out of here. He never did a final check of the shower to see that it worked and told me not to use for a while so the caulking to dry. I feel bad for the next guy who has to go in there to work on it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to investigate futher. We will be in contact with your local branch to discuss this matter futher and reach out in private once discussions have concluded. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had always heard good things about Bath Fitter and, indeed, I had a very good experience with them. I got them to remove a very old Bath Fitter over an even older tub, and change it over to a shower. I opted for them since they were able to do it the quickest and at a very good price, slightly lower than my best regular contractors. I had the remodel done around April and it's beautiful. The installer took out the tub, realigned where things had to be with the faucets and put in the new shower stall and the door. I was told it was gonna take two days but he did it in one day.

Also, everybody on Bath Fitter team was kind, considerate and on time. I worked with a great guy who gave me a lot of options and went over everything in great detail. This rep let me know what was going to happen, when the people were gonna come out to measure, and then when they were going to do the installation. He also told me how everything was supposed to progress, what kind of money we were looking at and what options we have for financing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Denise, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our Bath Fitter team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Bath Fitter was recommended by a friend and I had them replace the bathtub, the wall, and the shower unit. My interactions with the reps were fine. They came, gave an estimate and then after five weeks, they came back. They knew what they were talking about. And the men they sent did the job in one day. They were very particular and careful about the house and bringing things in and out. Also, they cleaned up their mess and they took all the trash with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carol, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Our old bathroom needed some dusting up and Bath Fitter’s product really fits. They put an overlay over the tub and ripped out the existing vinyl sides around, and put a new one. The products were installed in April and it was a painless process. There was one person for the installation who was in and out in six hours and he was very clean. We talked to him and he has installed over 2,000. Bath Fitter’s customer service was great. They kept us informed on everything. Their salesman knew his stuff but he was a little pushy. We had a 15% off thing, and he said we got to sign up that day or it would cost us more. I don’t like making decisions like that. They can improve on that, but that aside, I’ve had a good experience with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeffrey, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Don't believe the lifetime guarantee - We called Bath Fitters because we had a water leak in our tub and needed immediate assistance. Water had pooled between the tub lining and the tub and the entire lining was buckling out. We have been calling two days asking for help in getting a technician and we have been getting nowhere. Our initial installation was in November 2002. We had no problems until December 2012 but at that time Bath Fitter was very responsive in sending a technician to remove the excess water pooled beneath the lining. So no complaint there.

This time it has been a totally different story. We have received nothing but a runaround. On our first call we were told that only one person could look up records for old orders such as ours because these records were on a different computer system. But we were told that someone would research and find our file and call us back. No one ever did. In the meantime, we sent all our available information to help with this search: our old landline and cell numbers at the time of the installation and our address.

After not receiving any response to my email, I called again this morning. I was told again that only the manager had access to the system that had the old records and that she would call me back in ten minutes. Ten minutes passed, and then an hour. So I called back again. This time I was put on the phone for 15 minutes and then I was disconnected. Meanwhile, we have a big problem and cannot use our shower or tub until this issue is solved. If I could give a negative star for their customer service, I would.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Deborah, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We have reached out to your local branch and they should be contacting you in the near future. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and if there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I got an email saying that Bath Fitter was having a sale. I had heard about them a lot. They had a lifetime guarantee for everything. I was interested so I called and someone came out. He was really nice, very well-informed and not pushy, and I liked him a lot. I was happy with what he showed me and so I wanted to go with Bath Fitter. Also, our interaction was relaxing. The installer was very good as well. He worked really hard and he was done in two days. I was impressed with him. I had a bathtub in the bathroom with a shower but the tub was taken out and all I have is just a shower with the massage now. I got the shelf in the corner, too. The shower is great and I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janet, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

From the very first phone call to set up an estimate visit, to the final install visit, I was given the utmost respect and superior customer service. The installation was flawless excellence and my totally remodeled master shower is so beautiful, I just stand and look at it in awe. I am a returning customer and highly recommend this company for all your bathroom renovations.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terry, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team at Bath Fitter of Melbourne & Orlando, FL went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

This is my long term review of our experience with Bath Fitter. We initially had our Bath Fitter bathtub installed in 2003. Everything went smoothly with the installation, however we later noticed some minor flaws in the way the bathtub seams lined up with the wall. We promptly brought this up with Bath Fitter considering the price we paid and were advised that the installation technician was let go due to similar complaints from other customers. After 8 years or so, we noticed that water had accumulated between the old and new bathtubs. We immediately notified Bath Fitter and the issue was repaired at no charge.

The technician who did the repair was very courteous and provided us with a thorough explanation for the water build up between the two tubs. He advised us that water had seeped in at the bathtub drain where the drain flange interfaces with the bathtub. We were satisfied with the repair and everything went well until a couple of weeks ago when we noticed that water had once again accumulated between the two tubs, however this time we also found a puddle of water in our basement. This time Bath Fitter wanted to charge us $95.00 just to send in a technician which I declined since I can repair this on my own and save myself at least $95.00. Considering the high price we paid for our Bath Fitter bathtub, we feel that this issue should have been covered under warranty since it doesn't fall under a normal wear and tear category. Other than that, we're very satisfied with our purchase after 15 years of use.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Martin, thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My wife had Bath Fitter in Morrisville years ago and she sang her praises. Three months ago, I bought a shower from them and also, a shelf in the corner. The sales rep came out, explained everything and he was very cordial. The installers were very professional, answered all my questions and installed the shower in one day. Bath Fitter's product is great. This was my first experience with them and it was everything I wanted to be.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dominic, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I really liked everything about Bath Fitter except for their price. I paid almost $8,000 just for a shower, but I'm satisfied with the work they did and their reps were very polite too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kenneth, thank you for sharing. We're glad you hear you are enjoying your new shower and that our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I, unfortunately, have had a terrible experience with Bath Fitter since the first day of installation. I thought the entire process was going to be painless and simple, but it has been a nonstop source of aggravation. After our small shower was converted into a Bath Fitter shower, we noted water coming through the wall of the adjacent room whenever the shower was used. Making matters worse, the installer had not bothered centering the water handle/fixture. When Bath Fitter came to examine the leak, they discovered that the installer had not fully welded the pipe in the wall and that's what was causing our leak.

They said they would fix the leak by welding the pipe properly and retrofitting another Bath Fitter on top of the existing one! My shower was already tiny. I refused this, and asked that they please do the installation from the beginning, and properly. Also, they said they would fix the swollen baseboard to our guest bathroom vanity. Then, they wanted to resend their promise in our contract to center our drain! They claimed it wasn't in their scope of work, and that they would refund us $60 dollars.

This credit was laughable and insulting, considering the centering of a drain pipe is much more costly than $60 (we learned from a few plumbers). Finally, they agreed to honor our contract, as it was not our fault that their salesperson oversold their services. All seemed well after the second installation, but to be sure everything went smoothly they promised to come back and check for leaks in our bedpan. Did they ever come back? No. Did they ever answer our calls, asking when we could expect someone to come back and make sure their product was in proper working order? No. Did they send the same installer that did the first job so poorly? You bet!

So here we are, 5-6 months later, with surprise surprise, another leak in our bathroom. Who knows what the extent of the damage from this leak is, as it appears to only occur when a lengthy shower is taken (meaning that the rest of the time the water remains in the walls and does not leak out)! I am livid, disappointed, and feel like I've been completely deceived by this company.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sofia, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to investigate further. We will be contacting you in private to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Bath Fitter's rep was excellent. He explained everything to us, what we had to spend right down to the penny, what they would actually do, and how long it would take. We had a one-piece tub with shower enclosure and it was cracked in the bottom. Bath Fitter couldn’t do the tub over thing so we did a complete remodel and had a whole new tub and enclosure shower put in.

The installer had the tub installed in eight hours total. I was amazed that the gentleman was by himself. I thought at least another person would come to help him, but he said he did one of those a day. He was a very nice gentleman and pleasant. He answered any of the questions we had and did an excellent installation. He cleaned up after himself and left nothing behind. It's been three months since the installation and so far we love everything they did, the plumbing, the faucets, and the shower head. Plus, the tub works the way it’s supposed to.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Homer, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I heard decent things years back from other people about Bath Fitter so, the name wasn’t new and I haven’t heard anything bad about them so I thought it was a safe move. They tore out the existing 45-year old bathtub as well as the tile walls that I put in about 40 years ago and replaced it with a full-sized shower. They also did new plumbing. The rep knew the product well and had answers to all our questions. The installation was fabulous and the installers were on time. They did the job in about a third the amount of time that I thought it would take. They were done by 2:30 in the afternoon and considering that they had to demolish and remove a cast iron tub, that was pretty good time. Everything went according to schedule and it has worked out very well. It was an enjoyable experience and we were very pleased. People should give it a shot and I have no problem recommending them to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you for sharing your experience. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

3rd time for repairs in 13 years. First tub walls and ceiling fell in a week. Came right out and fixed it. Then the tub lifted, same. About 10 years into it the tub was an issue again and they replaced it and in replacing it chipped the wall. Didn't notice right away- I am not mad at it, it is what it is and covered by warranty. However, customer service, field training and overall ethics of the branch I am dealing with is questionable.

We have had our unit since 2005. Called to have someone come do the grout in may because it was black and unmanageable using all the products we had been told in the past to use. I told the woman on the phone that there was a hole in the wall from the last time someone serviced the tub - minor but a hole, thought they could repair it. Kid came, showed him the hole, he took note, re-caulked the tub and left. I got a call stating that a claim was in and they would be replacing the wall for the unit. I asked if that was the case why did the kid recaulk the tub because I assumed it had to be done again. The woman told me I was correct and she would talk to the manager about refunding the fee for the recaulking - $130!

Fast forward to yesterday. I had to call myself to confirm my appointment and I asked again about the fee that was supposed to be credited. I was told that would have to go through the manager. Yes, I was told that before. By who? By you! Oh, no there were two people working here with the same name, the other one is gone. Call me crazy, sounded like the same woman on the phone.

Regardless, guy is here - 4 hours now, glad I have the ability to work from home - and no call from the office regarding my credit. Guy finished at the exact 4 hour mark. Wall looks good hopefully stays on. No paperwork is troublesome but ok. Still waiting for that call and my credit. I was going to give a 3 but based on this experience, minus the guy today, only a 2... Sorry Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Keri, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to make it right, as customer service is important to us. We have reached out to your local branch and they should be in contact with you shortly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We only have one bathroom in our house and we knew that we couldn’t be without it for more than a day. I've put a remodel off for a while and decided to call Bath Fitter to knock it out. The guy who came was great. He set up, told us exactly what we needed, and presented everything very well. The installation took less than a full day and timing-wise, they did well.

However, during the installation, my expensive high-end screwdriver which was in a tray there ended up disappearing. The service tech called me and I talked to him about it. I told him that he might have put it in his back pocket out of habit but he told me he didn't. Also, the service and the remodel was a bit expensive. We ended up paying six grand. We're putting our house on the market and had I had a little more time, I might have gone out, got some more prices and I could have saved some more money. Nevertheless, Bath Fitter came in and did everything they said they would do. The job looks really good, it really made a difference in our bathroom, and it looks to be a pretty high-quality product. We’ve had the new bathroom there now for a couple of months and it’s been fine thus far.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Eric, thank you for sharing your experience. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your new remodel. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Bath Fitter Company Information