4.3/5 (229 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Aaron was our installer and did a great job. Our tub was difficult to install but Aaron went over and above to figure it out. The whole process was simple and the quality is beyond our expectations. I have already recommended you to my sister-in-law!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jacki, thank you for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Aaron was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your recommendation and thank you for your business!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Bath Fitter has done an excellent job. The reps were very professional and it was a very smooth transition. The installation team cleaned up and things were perfect. You couldn’t ask for a better experience. The product is also good quality, and I like the guarantee on it. Everything is brand new. It looks so neat. It’s a transformation of my old shower that was built in the early 80’s. The new shower brightens up the whole bathroom. And I love the glass door.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Peter! We are so thrilled to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter shower!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I got Bath Fitter once before. I had a walk-in shower installed this time, and everything went fine.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Carl!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Recently had a shower and fixture replacement done. I was very happy with the end result and the professionalism of the two Joes that did the installation. They were knowledgeable and answered any questions that I had and did great work.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Gregg! We're so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I heard Bath Fitter on TV and then I was asking around and found someone who has already used them. Soon after that, I called them up. The person who got me all set up and ready to go for installation was fantastic, and I enjoyed my interaction with him a lot. We bought the shower stall and I love its quality. The installer was helpful and great. Overall, the people I dealt with were very knowledgeable and nice.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kevin!!

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2020

We had 2 bathrooms done, one was a tub/shower to tub/shower and the other was a tub/shower to walk in shower. Both were completed in less than 2 days.
I was initially a little concerned about my tile base molding in one and the regular base molding in the other since the space required for the new was more than the existing. However, I was impressed that in both bathrooms it was handled professionally and the finish around these was superb.

I'd like to mention the installers as they were meticulous in covering my wood floors as they worked in and out of the house and cleaned up any mess caused in the bathrooms from the work. Thomas and Johnathan were both very professional and courteous.

We really appreciate the quick install turnaround with very minimal disruption to our life.

Thank you Bath Fitter.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We just agreed to use Bath Fitter for our project. I will update when it is completed but our salesperson David ** was very personable, down to earth and represented the company very well with confidence and enthusiasm. He obviously has a passion for the business and did not stir us to more than what we were looking for. Add to this the reputation and value of the products they offer we are looking forward to our install.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Yves! We look forward to your feedback once everything is completed!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I got a shower through Bath Fitter to get the job done expertly. Dealing with the sales rep has been perfect. There were no hassles. And the guy who did the installation was pretty professional. He knew what he had to do and knew how to do it. He did the job to my specifications, so I was very satisfied with the work that he did. I also like how clean the guys who did the work in my bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Donnie! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I liked the Bath Fitter product when I saw it at the state fair. I got the tub, the surround, and the shower doors. We put in the order in September and it was finished in December. The sales rep I dealt with did a great job. The installers were also good, and they cleaned up after themselves and took everything away with them. Overall, it was a good experience. The bathroom looks nice and white now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anita, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We wanted the shower and the tub liner in our bath done in a way that would last. So we decided to get it professionally done through Bath Fitter. The people we worked with were all knowledgeable, personable and pleasant to talk with. During installation I got to talk to the guy and see a little bit, how it was done. Everything was done the way we expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phillip, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a wonderful experience!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I’ve had a job done in Virginia through Bath Fitter and in my second remodel with them, I purchased the shower enclosure. Everything went well with the installation. The installation guys were clean, polite and did a good job. Everything was good. Bath Fitter is a good company and they stand by their work. I have recommended them.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Rodney! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with another great experience!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Job was done very well, fast, efficient, cleaned up afterwards. Approximately 7 hours. Pull the old tub. Install walk-in shower. Works great. Doors work well. No leak issues. Seamless. Also installed two accessories, one tower, one soap dish. Very nice job on caulking.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you are loving your new walk-in shower. Thank you for sharing your beautiful before and after photos!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My mother-in-law moved into a home that had a bathroom done by Bath Fitter. I then looked at it and it seemed like a convenient way to go -- I also didn’t have my house tore up for a long time, which was the main thing. I got a tub and a tub enclosure from them. The sales agent was good, and his professionalism and knowledge of the product were above average. The installation went well, and I could not even tell anybody did anything. The installer was friendly and he cleaned up. He did everything he was supposed to do. It looks well and it is also little on the pricing side. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your great experience Leroy! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Resolution response: Feb. 3, 2020

After being able to schedule my installation, I updated my review. We had a tub to shower conversion and also a tub replacement. Our installer, Darryl, was super friendly and the results are beautiful!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

When returning a call to schedule my installation, I called the number left in my voicemail and selected the appropriate option. It would ring once or twice, then a message saying "all circuits are busy" would come on. I was left with no option to leave a voicemail or wait in a queue. I called an 800 number for customer service and received an error message.

The ccx second time I dialed, I received a person and was told that the error message was given because everyone else had a call. Again, this number had no queue or anything. She also told me the reason I got the original all circuits are busy message was because the women's office for installation was closed. It was only 4:45pm which I would assume would be inconvenient for most customers that work during the day and cannot return calls until later.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for letting us know. We understand our team has been able to get your installations schedules and we have escalated this issue to our IT team to resolve it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Just had mine installed today by Treavor And William and I have to say what a team these two guys are. They carried a conversation between each other while they worked and not one foul word was said. Highly skilled at what they do and didn't stop for lunch but grabbed a bite here and there from the van as they got tools and materials as they needed them. They truly take pride in the work they do. Drop cloths in place and booties on boots and left like they never came except I have a brand new bathroom shower / tub unit. It was worth every penny spent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear Treavor and William were able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The shell that installed over our shower looks good. The product is nice. But our installation experience was terrible. The installer didn't have any respect for the fact that his worksite is our HOME. There was lots of damages done. We contacted Bath Fitter and they said they would reimburse us for the damages, and we're still waiting for the check. No one ever answers the phone when we call to resolve this and no one returns the voicemails we have left. I wouldn't hire again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We would not recommend this company to anyone. It's been almost three months and they have made 5 separate attempts to "make things right". We have already paid for 3500 dollars (50% down) for a shower we still can't use.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I could not of been more pleased with the job that was done at my house. The men were there from 8am-3pm and finished the job beautifully. I cannot wait to take a nice bath in my new tub. I have hated our bathroom for 12 years and now love it. I am so excited to finish the floors and remaining walls this month.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jennifer! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter tub! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Initial purchase and installation was great 15 yrs ago but trying to get follow up on warranty is awful. Apparently Brandon no longer has an office so I was directed to Winnipeg. I found a crack In the tub lining a year ago. Contacted Winnipeg who said they would follow up on warranty work but no new work. Called them 3 times each time they were to get back to me but never did. They have the info from the installation but last time I spoke to them (last November) they told me they don't travel in winter. Someone should inform them there is a 4 lane highway between Brandon and Winnipeg and many of us travel it all the time in winter for medical appts, sports, entertainment etc. Really annoys me when I see the ads on TV talking about the life long warranty and I can't even get a return call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dawn, we can appreciate your frustration however, our Winnipeg team does not travel to Brandon during the winter months due to the dangerous weather conditions. We will forward your message to our Winnipeg team to have them reach out to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We hired Bath Fitters in Centerville, Ohio August 2018 to refit our decaying bath tub and shower. The representative came to our home with a very thorough presentation and never once pressured us to sign on the dotted line, really appreciated his professional approach. Installation was scheduled in a timely manner with updates on our order status regularly. The installer was very respectful of our home and did an outstanding job by completing the installation within one day. Very pleased with the service we received from everyone involved in the process.

Just recently (January 2020) we had an incident in the shower stall that damaged some the plumbing. We called and was put in touch with Bath Fitters Customer Service. The young lady (sorry can't remember her name) took immediate action in scheduling a service tech to come to the home the next day between 12 & 2. I get a call at 12 noon that they will be here in 10 minutes, and he was. The service tech took control of the situation and found the best approach to fix the problem, it was a pretty extensive job to complete and your tech took it in stride and had our shower ready for business within 3 hours. To our surprise the job was finished and no payment was expected. He wished us a Happy New Year and left with a smile on his face for a job WELL DONE.

It's good to know there is at least one company that truly values the relationship with their customers and places high value on their integrity and backs up their Life Time Warranty with commitment to your satisfaction. Thank You Bath Fitters in Centerville, Ohio, I will highly recommend your business to anyone who would need your service. Michael

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review William! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

We are very pleased with our new shower. The installation was done promptly and the installer was very professional and very informative. Everyone we spoke with has been great. We were able to get interest free financing which made it easier to get the upgrade to our bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diane, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have a nice tile wall and I wanted to keep them. Home Depot would not do just a bath. But Bath Fitter was willing to just install the bathtub for me. Their reps were great. It was a really busy time of this year, so they didn't waste my time. They came out, were right to the point and very easy to deal with. They were only there for a day, and when I got home, the house was clean. It was very professional. The tub blended nicely with the features that are already there. It doesn't look like it's a liner, it looks like it was a nice upscale bathtub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Francis, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I've purchased a shower from Bath Fitter within the last 90 days and it's been great. Everybody has been great too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terrence, thank you so much for sharing your experience!Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Now I know way more about plumbing than I need to. We had a bath/shower install which seemed to go well. The installers were very professional, or so it seemed. The unit must sit for 24 hours before using, so it was a couple days later when I took my first shower that I discovered that no water would drain from the tub. Thank goodness I had not filled up the tub. A call to your service dept promised a repairman in 10 days. After hollering, I got a repairman in 7 days. So here was the problem. Your drains are “pop up drains”. My old drain was a “plunger type”. Apparently the installer did not remove the 2” x 3/4” brass plunger and left it in my pipes which totally blocked the drain. REALLY. A simple Best Practice would be to run the water before leaving the job. Surely you can do better.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joanne, thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we strive to provide and we will forward this message to our production team. Thank you for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything more we can do to assist.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

My son had Bath Fitter to fix their bathroom down in Florida several years ago and then I’d see it on TV every now and then. I got the walk-in shower from them. There’s the shelf in there that came with it, too. The installation went great. It was only one guy. He was here long, but there was some other stuff going on in the house but he was able to walk around that too, and he did a good job. I like the final look of the shower very much. It’s just what I needed, so I'm really happy with it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joan, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter shower! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Bath Fitter had the one-piece thing that covers the bathtub that my wife and I wanted, so we went with them. The installer was cool, and if we went to Bath Fitter again, I would definitely want him as my installer again. We had the shelves added in. The quality of the build cannot get any better than this. I like the walls, tub, and curved shower curtain rod. Everything is good for us. Bath Fitter was wonderful, and I couldn’t ask for a better person to install it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jimmie, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have a window in my shower and we caulk it three times a year. We've tried different caulks that weren't supposed to show mold and mildew and it still did. I got so sick of it so I called a couple of places. Then, I decided to go with Bath Fitter. Also, one of my friends had Bath Fitter about 15 years ago and she said her bathroom still looks brand new.

The sales rep showed us several things. He was very knowledgeable and he took his time to let us decide. I and my husband even walked away and discussed it and then we decided what we wanted. We got the white block, the walls and the tub overlay. They also did framing work and it looks really nice. The installation was pretty easy and the installer was very nice. He was neat and he cleaned up after himself. I went up there a few times to see if he needed anything and he asked us a couple of questions to make sure we wanted a shelf in the spot where we said we wanted it and where we wanted the safety bar. He told us that he had to clean up around the window once he puts the molding. It took him about eight hours but he did a very well job. The tub was installed earlier than I thought so that made me happy.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janet, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Lifetime warranty not as advertised. Do not if the foot drain plug breaks due to low quality product use a universal foot plug that slides into the hole. It voids the warranty supposedly, also do not schedule an appointment to expect not once. But twice to schedule service. To wait around first time 2 hours beyond appointment time. And second time no show at all and not even scheduled to show up. To finally after over a week of issue get not the guy you were suppose to meet but another tech instead. To be told you owe them $80. After they cost you 6 hours of your own time at $45 an hour to call and tell you you owe them.. Dont order with these people.. I've got a plumber at Pluming Paramedics and they do the best work and dont overcharge for poor service and actually show up on time...

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darren, we do apologize for the difficulties in scheduling the service calls. Upon inspection of your unit, there was found to be no faults with the Bath Fitter unit or installation. The drain plug was found to be damaged prior to our visit and we replaced the product under warranty free of charge.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My experience with Bath Fitter was not one that I would want anyone to experience. I wrote a review directly to Bath Fitters and then reached out with a call but no one ever bothered to get back to me. I had an acrylic tub put over an old tub when the previous one no longer functioned. My appt was rescheduled for another day- I think so that someone from corporate could tag along. They came at dinner time and spent over an hour asking me questions about my husband, my mortgage, and sitting on my couch (covered in copious amounts of cologne) without asking if that was okay.

It then took two weeks and cost the same amount that a NICE freestanding tub would cost. I also was given another appt time for which the gentleman- while very kind- arrived WAY before the time- and when I was not at home. I am highly disappointed with both the cost as well as the incredibly uncomfortable manner in which I was spoken to. I also find it interesting that I am asked to review something with technicians standing over me and then when I write a comprehensive review- no one cares; this was a two-page handwritten letter that I thought would impress upon customer service the disappointment of my experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ashley, we do apologize that your experience with Bath Fitter was not a positive one. We understand our team was able to reach out to better understand your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything more we can do to assist. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 10:58:01 -0500

Subject: 10K project

You sold me a $10,018.00 bathroom project in May of 2017 in a home where the owner only comes in town for a few weeks once or twice a year. The home owner is in town and when she showers in the guest bathroom where the tub/shower is, it appears that water gets under the tub and makes her feel like she is standing on a water bed to shower. They scheduled an appointment for Dec 11, 2019 between 3 - 6Pm, but no one showed up and of course by the time we waited till 6PM for him to show your office was closed. We called the office this morning and her response was they will schedule it for NEXT Wednesday between 2pm and 4 pm, I asked to have the director of operations Karen contact me but have not received a callback. Can you please assist us in resolving this issue as soon as possible?

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kim, thank you for taking the time to reach out. We have forwarded your message to our Ft. Myers location and understand they were able to resolve the issue yesterday. Please let us know if you require any further assistance!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Bath Fitter rep was telling me that they could put in a brand-new bathtub, but I told him that I was not looking for a tub over a tub. I wanna get rid of the old tub. He told me that they have brand-new tubs. I then asked him if they were the stainless steel with the enamel on them. He replied no, and that they were acrylic. I said that was good and that was even better.

The rep then explained the whole process about putting in what they call a retainer, like you have on your hot water tank, which is a basin underneath the tub. And that was great. So if something ever happens to the tub and accidentally punctures through, at least the tub won't leak all over the floor. It will leak right into the retaining tub until I can get the thing drained. He also explained the acrylic wall, and I was very impressed with the caulking. It is some type of special caulking that doesn't yellow or shrink up. I didn't believe him until I saw it put in, then I was convinced that it really does not shrink up and it really looks nice and goes on nice too.

John, the salesperson, came out to talk to me about exactly what I wanted. He looked at everything and he confirmed with me that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I told him yes, and then he asked me if I wanted a walk-in shower. I told him no and that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I also wanted a handheld shower head and a shower head. And he told me that they could do that. He then explained that they would put in the three quarter inch plywood and reinforce it, and he asked me how many safety bars I wanted. I told him two. One at the entrance as you are going into the tub so you can hold on to it, and then one while you're in the tub that you can get up out of. He said okay, and then he measured everything.

After that, the pre-installer came out and he did his job by measuring everything and verifying where everything was and what to turn off. I just had plumbing redone in the house with plumbing, so I had to turn off valves everywhere. So they didn't even have to turn the water off, and they could just turn the water off going to the tub.

The installer came out, and he did a marvelous job. He tore everything out, put the plywood up, and encased the window that was there in acrylic, which John had already measured for. It really looked fabulous. I was very, very satisfied, and then he put a toilet in for me. And it only took him two days to do it. Then he got rid of all the old stuff, so I didn't have to mess with any of that crap.

I then decided to get my main bathroom done. I had a garden tub and an old shower that was too small to stand in or sit in, even though it had a bench. So John came back out and looked at it and gave me an estimate on it and we signed a contract. The same installation guy came out, and he tore out the old shower, and put plywood up instead of drywall, so I can put shelves in there. He put the three quarter-inch plywood up and I can now build my shelves in there, and then put cupboard doors on it, and it'll be a big old cupboard.

They put this walk-in shower with glass doors. It's 4 x 6 in the shower itself, and then the bench is on the back end, and they encased all that in acrylic, and they put up a sidewall. So the sidewall is on the back where the bench is. When you're sitting on the bench, you can sit back there and nobody can see you. It was all done very, very nicely. The only thing was he got me a handheld shower and I had to buy a holder for it. So if I'm sitting on the bench and wanna shave my legs, I can just hook the thing there and turn the thing off and turn it on when I want to. It's like living in luxury.

It was a massive project. It took him two full days to do it, but he had to cut my shutoff valves off. I asked him why he did that and he replied that he couldn't reach them. But I showed him this big open panel that he could access the water, and he said he forgot about that. When he left, I thought about it, and the next day I called Bath Fitter back up and told them that I paid good money for those shutoff valves, and I wanted a shutoff valve put back on. I had four of them, two cold water and two hot water, and he took all of them. Also, he cut off the pipes going up to the shower and he kept off the drain. His brother came back two days later and put the shutoff valves on and they work fine and everything was good. So it was good response. If I had a problem, I could call Bath Fitter and they would fix it. I was very pleased. If I had any more projects, I'd have Bath Fitter do them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!!

Bath Fitter Company Information