2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.3/5 (115 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Bath Fitter has been around a while and so I got a tub from them. My experience with the sales rep was good. He explained things well. The installation went very good, too. It took one day to get it installed. The quality of work that they did and the product were very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Herb, thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Bath Fitter went over our old tub and we also got a shower. The sales rep was good. My wife pretty much knew what she wanted, and he explained it also. The installation team was real thorough as well. They did everything fine. I just thought it’s way too much money, $6,000, for what they did.

Hi Terry,

Happy to hear the install went well and our staff was able to fulfill your needs. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Bath Fitter is local. The gentleman that came out was very nice and we liked the bid he gave us, so we went with them. And we liked the product that he showed us. So far, my son says the final product's good. It looks very nice. The installation was done by a one-man crew in one day. My wife really enjoyed dealing with the young man that came and did it, and he was very professional in how he came in and laid down mats to get in and out of the house and brought the product in. He cleaned up wonderfully. My wife couldn’t have been happier. So, that made me very happy. I recommend Bath Fitter. It was a good experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Don, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!

Original review: July 22, 2019

The Bath Fitter sales rep was pretty nice although he kinda pressured a little bit on I had to make the decision that day. But I was ready for it, anyway, and that was the only part I didn't like about him. The installation guys were cool. They ended up with two of them and they were gonna take a day and a half to do it. The two of them showed up and they got it done in one day. I liked both those guys that were here. I have a shower installed and the shower itself is nice but the shower head unit they put in there has knocked my water pressure right down to zip and none. It has some kind of conservative head in it and I'm not sure how to take it apart to get rid of what's making it do that.

Also, the shower curtain sucks. For $7,000, I would think they could throw in more than a $2 shower curtain. It's one of those real thin, light things and when the water is running, the shower curtain sucks in. I gotta keep knocking it off me. It's kinda like taking a shower in a cheap motel. And the handles they put in there are chrome-plated, but they're not knurled so when you grab onto it, your hand doesn't fly down on it and you can go put your hands. Both of the handles are just as slippery as can be. If I'm washing my hair and I go to grab onto it, I can't hold on to it. My hand just slides right off of it. Then, I have a spot in there that it seems like the water sets for longer than it should. It doesn't drain out in one of those spots and the guy said he's gonna check on that but it has been a month and a half ago and I hadn't heard from him since.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear our team was able to install everything to your satisfaction.

Original review: July 21, 2019

One of my family members had Bath Fitter before. It lasts long. If I maintain it well, I can have it forever. I bought a shower type and bathtub. Their rep was professional and the installer was a great guy. My wife is handicapped and my major concern was the handlebar. He had it at the right place, and it was very well done. Don’t consider Bath Fitter. Just get it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Sung! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience and complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!

Original review: July 20, 2019

A great experience! I have a older home and from doing past work on it I knew we would run into bumps, they handled it well and had a very minimum delay. They were also respectful of my property and called me over whenever there was a question or problem in order to keep me informed and get my input -- and it still only took one day. I love the finish product that I have.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mel, thank you for your positive feedback! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Susquehanna RV was having an RV show up at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds. I went up there, was browsing around, and saw that Bath Fitter had a stand set up. I started talking to them and one thing led to the next. The next thing I knew, they were coming down and installing a new walk-in shower for me. The installation team was awesome. I give everybody a 5-star rating. I love my walk-in shower too. It's got a nice shower door on it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Keith, thank you for your positive review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

My husband and I met Bath Fitter at a home show in Greensboro. We invited them to come to our home and discuss replacing our bathtub with a shower. They were punctual and very professional. The sales person did not rush us and explained everything thoroughly. It took 2 days to complete the shower placement, but it was well worth it. The person who came was very professional and cleaned up everything. The work area was spotless when he left. My husband and I have had the shower for several months now and are still very pleased. Also, it is easy to clean!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I tried to repair the tub myself but it wasn't working out. The paint enamel kept chipping on it. We had some work done years ago by Bath Fitter and we went with them again. The sales rep was nice and considerate. He made what they were going to do real understandable. The installation went well too. The guy came in, did his job, and he was out. He didn't take too much time. I looked at the tub when the remodel finished and it looked nice to me. The tenant hasn't complained about it so that's a good thing. I'd recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Ronney! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I’m getting old and I could hardly get in and out of the tub anymore. My neighbor had a Bath Fitter product put in for her house and I thought that was pretty neat. I got Bath Fitter's number from her representative and the sales rep was very nice though he was constantly busy. They put in a shower in one day and they were really good. They didn’t take a lot of time. The price was really high but my experience with Bath Fitter is terrific.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Helen, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I liked the advertisement of Bath Fitter that I saw on television, and I did a shower and replaced the bath tub about a month ago. The interaction with the sales rep was cordial and the installation team was very prompt. They did the job within one whole day and I’m very pleased with everything.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review George! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I’m a big guy so I needed a big shower. Bath Fitter completely tore out the old bathtub and everything. They had the shower done and it's beautiful. Everybody just can’t get over it. There is more room. The installation team was real nice and the sales rep was great. He was real helpful and got us exactly what we wanted. I liked the price, too. The only thing is I need that extra safety bar put in. Sometimes you gotta sit in there and use it first to feel where you might need one. I called and told the lady that I didn't think we needed one but now, I think I do.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tim, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. We will pass your message along for the safety bar to our local branch and have them reach out. Thanks for your business!

Original review: July 16, 2019

In May I had a sales consult to replace my old fiberglass tub. Initially I wanted a tub to shower conversion but the salesman indicated that there would be a gap between my floor tile and the tub because the shower base would not be the exact size as the tub. He recommended that I replace the old garden tub with a new garden tub. I agreed since I did not want to replace floor tile.

Entered into the agreement and was called to set up install date a few days later. On day of install the installer showed up and discovered the new garden wouldn't fit through my bathroom door and it was far, far from a similar design to my old one. As we were discussing the situation I mentioned that my initial idea was to do a tub to shower conversion but was told the sizes didn't match. The installer advised me that they did in fact have the appropriate size in stock and that he wasn't sure what confused the sales guy. Installer attempted to call his local manager to explain that the tub won't fit through the door but manager was not available as it was a Saturday. Next step was to call corporate.

The corporate person who took the call was stunningly rude, immediately confrontational, and would not shut up long enough for me to talk. She berated both me and the installer and stated that if I wanted to change out the tub for a shower base I would still need to pay for the tub (that wouldn't fit) and that "she's got me" because of a signed contract. Yes, she actually used the words "we got you". After being attacked for several minutes I told her that I was ending the conversation and would address the situation legally if needed and she started a whole new round of insults. Finally ended with, "You know what, you do whatever little thing you think you need to," and hung up on me.

I spoke to the installer again, who was very professional and seemed knowledgeable, and he recommended that I call the regional office on Monday to work it out. The installer profusely apologized for the treatment I received. On Monday June 10th before I could call the local office I received a call from "corporate" stating that they were refunding my deposit so I could get what I wanted. Keep in mind all I wanted was a shower base and despite the profoundly abusive treatment, I still planned on simply having the local office take the tub back and give me a shower base...you know- that would fit through my door.

I agreed to the refund, was told I would see a receipt in my email in a few days. June 13th I called back and asked for the status of the refund as was told that as soon as accounts payable/receivable approves the transaction I will get a refund. I called the office again last week, was put on hold, and no-one came back on the line. It has been over a month and Bath Fitter refuses to refund the deposit when the company itself initiated the order cancelation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Taylor, this not the type of experience that we strive to provide and we apologize for your frustration. We have spoken to our local branch and understand your refund has been issued today. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: July 16, 2019

We hired the Wilmington, N.C. branch to replace 1 standard shower (May 28-29) and one shower/tub combo (May 30-31). This has been a horrible experience not only with quality of product, lack of professionalism during installation, but with the Area Development Manager ‘attempting’ to resolve concerns/issues as well. We had just invested major $$$ getting Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) flooring in our house. On both different installations the floor got cut/damaged while the installers were cutting the quarter round/molding. On one of them (shower/tub combo) there was a HUGE one inch long visible cut in the floor. The next major issue was the cut and the scuffs on/in the tub. How did this get shipped this way and make it through all of the checks and inspections that it supposedly goes through? Next, the trim/molding. There was a piece of trim that was obviously damaged/stained and should have never been used.

Once again, how did such a defective piece of Bath Fitter material make it through all of the quality assurance inspections and checks that you all claim are in place? Caulking. I don't even know what to say here. I keep thinking about all I've heard since starting this adventure with Bath Fitter about professionals and professionalism. The caulking is anything but professional. Nearing the end of the second bathroom (Main Bath, with tub) the installer discovered that he had the wrong Corner Shelf. Again, I go back to all of the supposed checks, inspections, etc. in the whole process. How did NO ONE catch this until it was too late? Now we have an incomplete tub/shower that is partially usable. From May 31, when this bathroom was (in)complete, until July 11, 2019 we have had no shelves in this tub/shower. Major inconvenience. Pics available for all of the above.

No pictures provided for the following because it required quick action by both the me and the installer. Somehow, one of the THREE faulty cartridges that the installer had installed in the Main Bath did not work properly and when he turned the water main back on...by the time he got to the bathroom it had sprayed water all over the bathroom. When I seen him running out of the house I knew something was wrong and when I discovered what had happened I quickly grabbed bath towels to quickly dry the walls and floor and the bathroom fixtures in general. This was a situation obviously new to the installer so I'm not sure he understood all the ramifications with all of the water. After getting it all dried up as best WE could, we discovered the insulation that was exposed was wet and had to be replaced also.

In all of the paperwork, recordings while on hold, the Sales Consultant, etc. all we hear and see is "professionals". This whole evolution in MY HOUSE doesn't show as professionals to me. My wife and I paid over $11,000.00 for our bathrooms to have a "professional" shower/shower tub installed by BATH FITTER and I don't think we got anywhere near what we paid for with the lack of professional (scratched/blemished/damaged/defective) materials and unprofessional workmanship shown and the unprofessional manner I have been dealt with by the area development manager.

After numerous calls to reach a supervisor/manager to get the scratched tub/cut floors/defective material/crappy caulking/etc. resolved I was finally able to speak to the Area Development Manager who was at a working conference in Las Vegas. So we had the time difference to deal with as well, not to mention I was made to feel like I was bothering her because (even though she said she was working and to call any time) I could never get a timely answer or response. I was ASSURED that all of these issues would be resolved quickly; AND I would be compensated fairly for my time and multiple phone calls that I (not Bath Fitter) had to make to coordinate with the flooring company to get the flooring fixed; my time on the phone with Bath Fitter multiple times trying to figure out how all of this was going to be corrected; having to use, and deal with the inconvenience of, an incomplete bath shower (for what ended up being FORTY TWO days).

My time FOR ME cleaning up the mess when the bathroom was soaked and your installer did not know what to do/how to clean it up; my time, water, and electricity washing and drying the towels used to clean up the mess made when water sprayed all over my bathroom, (after the water mess) my time being on my cell phone whenever the installer would go to the water main and he wanted to be on the phone with me standing in the bathroom so I could tell him if there was another water explosion when he turned the water on; and that the Area Development Manager asked for MY PATIENCE because she wanted to come and see this for herself.

Well, she NEVER came to see it for herself and when she finally offered compensation it was insulting. It was so insulting that I declined it. I did accept the amount for the flooring replacement labor and material; after all that was literally the LEAST Bath Fitter should have done. Add to this all of the obvious STRESS that all of this caused from a company that, at every opportunity, boasts about the ‘professional’ product, ‘professional’ workmanship, ‘professional’ etc., and yet everything about my experience with Bath Fitter does NOT say professional.

After SIX WEEKS they really messed up, unprofessional bathroom has finally been fixed…after six weeks of living with it as an incomplete shower/tub. Through my efforts and coordination with the flooring company the floor has been fixed at this time. The workmanship definitely much better this time…materials, still flawed. This is the condensed version; this is not everything. I tried to keep it short in the interest of the reader. Bath Fitter, if you would like more details, I know you have my contact information. For what we paid for this, it was definitely not worth it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darrell, we can appreciate your frustration and we do apologize for this experience as this is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We will send you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Our experience with Bath Fitter is great. We called and made an appointment for them to come out and talk to us. We had one bathroom converted from a tub to a shower only, and we had just a tub over in the second bathroom and the walls. We liked the guarantee. Also, the rep we dealt with was very professional and knew what was going on. The installation team was good. And the installation took two and a half days. They spent half a day to know the process tearing the one bathroom out because they were changing the tub. They tore it all out and then they put one in the second day. They got done over that day. And then the third day, they did the tub over. Everything is good. The installation's good and looks nice. I enjoy my walk-in shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jerry, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Everything that was promised was delivered. Jeremy ** the installer exceptionally professional, very friendly, very clean, left no mess and finished the job in 8 hours. We are very happy with our decision to go with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Hafiza, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear Jeremy was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 15, 2019

We had Re-Bath on a number of different properties we owned. But then they weren’t very receptive to what they were supposed to be doing. So, we decided to go with Bath Fitter and it’s been a good experience. We’ve had them twice before. We did the tub this time. We did a shower the last time and we did a tub before that. Their installation team does very well.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Bernard! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I purchased a wall surround and new fittings from Bath Fitter, and everything was fine with the sales rep. He was very good. He explained everything and everything went fine. The contractors that came out to do the installation were fine, too. They did a good job. I’m waiting for them to come back and do one little thing yet, but the finished products so far look good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mel, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our teak was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I like Bath Fitter's one-step and lifetime guarantee thing. I purchased a shower from them. I dealt with Todd, and he explained everything well. The installation team was good. I just let them in the house, and I was gone for the day. When I came home, they were just finishing up. I like my new shower. Everything’s on the normal and everything’s new. Bath Fitter is good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chuc, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I had a relic tub/shower removed and a relic shower removed. I was told the crew would be there at 10:00 a.m. however the plumber showed at 7:00 a.m. Later in the week - after the install - I received a voicemail from Patty (I think) stating the crew would arrive increments starting at 7:00 a.m. So, I blame my cell carrier for that. Personally, I had just got out of bed just minutes before and was ok with it.

The guys showed up in waves and knocked it all out. I thought they would be the up to around 5-6 p.m. but they did the demo, install, and finished by 3:00 pm. TWO INSTALLS! They worked straight through, professional, very polite, and had a great sense of humor! We had a huge storm roll through and Chris and Joe **. worked through it while getting completely soaked. True champs! They both gave me a personal review of their work and I was nothing but impressed. Their work was masterful and definitively polished! I am very happy with the work and the value added to my home! Will highly recommend to friends and family.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

My son had a good experience with Bath Fitter and I also like their advertisements. I ended up buying the tub insert and the up the wall, and the fixtures that went with it. The rep I dealt with was wonderful. He listened well and explained everything to my satisfaction. The installation was fine. It would have taken a day but the tub part didn't fit properly, so the installer had to send back for another part. And it took a couple of weeks before he came back out. But now that I have everything installed, it's very fine. I'm very pleased with it. It works well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Pat, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Resolution response: July 15, 2019

The Owner of this location was very helpful in resolving this issue to our satisfaction. He took plenty of time to listen to us (even called while on vacation) and was as upset as we were. We were very impressed by his concern, understanding and professionalism. Things do happen from time to time and you have to give people the opportunity to fix them. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Our bathroom looks beautiful and Rob S is a great installer. Give them a try and tell them that we referred you! You won't be sorry!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My dealings with the Buffalo, NY Office were positively dreadful. The installer Rob ** was good and they have a good product but this location appears to be severely mismanaged. The biggest issue is that I paid them in full upon completion on a Wednesday and the following Monday they charged me a second time even though I was told that they don't keep our financial information on file when I called them on Wednesday. Why was this done and to how many people and what are their procedures for storing and protecting customer's sensitive financial information?

We are a first time and now last time customer. Other highlights: They were going to come to our house on the wrong day, they pulled our installer off of his scheduled 8:00 AM start so that they could help another customer (keep in mind first time customer, $4,000 job). Sales person did not add ceiling to our order so installer was unaware and the fact that they charged me twice. We paid in full July 3rd, Manager returns to work after a Holiday Weekend and the first thing that he does is charge us again? Wow!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary, we understand our branch has been able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I called Bath Fitter and did a negotiation and told them to come out. Bath Fitter's reps and the installers were good. I purchased a good quality bathtub. It’s nice getting a new, nice and clean tub. Bath Fitter did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback June!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bath Fitter is very good. We purchased the shower and I really like it. I like the feature for hanging on to the bars. The master plumber smoked a lot. He would go out but I could smell it when he came in. But the interaction with him was good. The other guy was very good too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you for your review. We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many years to come!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Steven ** of Bath Fitter here in southern Utah did an wonderful job installing my new shower. It looks fantastic, and is high quality. It looks absolutely beautiful and gave me so much more room in my shower! I appreciate the great customer service that this company has also.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear Steven was able to provide you with a wonderful experience and a beautiful new shower!

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company took my deposit and won't return any calls. Called my local branch three times and the corporate office twice without anyone calling back. This company is a complete scam. I called my sales person and she doesn't work there anyone. Please don't do business with this company. Contacting my state attorney general today to file a complainant.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, we have looked into this issue and understand that you have since scheduled your installation with the branch for 7/17. We apologize again for the delays and if there is anything more we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Everything that was discussed, everything that was promised was delivered without compromise, exceptionally professional, very clean, and left no mess...NONE! We definitely feel upgraded. After attending a Home Show and considering multiple companies to complete the project, we are very happy with our decision to go with Bath Fitter. We recommend them over anyone else to our friends.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Joseph! We are so glad our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was pleased from start to finish. The salesman, Tony, was wonderful to work with. He was upfront, knew his stuff and was personable. I don’t like when companies try to hide pricing, which is what he did not do. The installer was courteous and careful, doing a wonderful job. The tub that was given to him was wrong, so he ran to get the correct one, which was a relief. The finished product is well done and couldn’t be happier. One thing I wish they had done was told me to take a before and after photo. That would be a great thing to have when I show people how great it looks from what it did before.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!! Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We called Bath Fitter up to get a price and the salesman who came out explained to us how everything would be set up, how everything would look, how it would be designed and how the warranty worked. We were pretty sold on that. It was very informative. They also told us what to do and what not to do. Then they scheduled an appointment for the installation. They came out and got it done. It was pretty quick and everything was good with them. We got the tub with the surrounding walls and we love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chester, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction and provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I would like to start by expressing my admiration for the product and the installation. I am however displeased with the space. I admit to having made a misinformed decision opting for this "roll-in" shower replacing our bathtub. Others must take these things into consideration when deciding to install a "Roll-in" shower.

With a "roll-in" shower there is a flexible barrier across the front of the floor which is placed 7 inches closer to the rear wall do to a roll up ramp. There is not enough space for showering normally much less if in a transport wheelchair. The shower curtain must be managed so there is never a fold over the front barrier or there will be mopping to be done when you finish your shower. The corner shelves are pretty but useless for the most part because they are not tall enough nor wide enough to hold normal sized shampoo or body soap dispensers. Alas, my showers are no longer as comforting as they were with our old Bathtub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Samuel, thank you for your feedback. We will forward your message to our local branch. Thank you for your review.

Bath Fitter Company Information