Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3628 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I had a very good experience with the sales and installation teams. They put the tub in and I'm very happy with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are very happy to hear that you had a nice experience with our sales and installation teams! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My old neighbor did it with Bath Fitter and they were happy with it. We went to the store after we have heard from our neighbor and the rep whom we dealt with was a very good salesman. He showed us all of them and they seemed to be perfect for us. We didn't like the old ones because of the grout, the tiles and because cleaning was a big problem. But with Bath Fitter, you don't have to worry about any of that and they live up to their advertisements.

The other thing I was very impressed about was that there were a few problems with the installation and they were really good backing up their product. If anything goes wrong, they were right out there. The same thing happened with our neighbor and they were right out to fix his too. There was some problem turning off the shower and they sent out this really neat plumber and he fixed it. It was a weird thing so he was really good. The door on the shower also came off and they sent their main guy out. Bath Fitter has been a great experience for us. Compliments to the people at Bath Fitters down on the biggest marine office.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mark, we are thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Resolution response: March 13, 2018

After waiting over 8 weeks, we have a new tub and happy with the results.

It is important that someone is there watching the install to make sure that they install it correctly.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Very slow to process produce. We’ve already ordered and paid half of total cost as a down payment. If I have known that it will take more than 6-8 weeks to manufacture the tub, I wouldn’t have ordered it. It took over 8 weeks to install a new bathtub at our rental. We were satisfied with the end result but had to spend more than two days with the installer to make sure that they did a good job. Customer service was terrible, rarely return our calls.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had a very good experience with Bath Fitter. We heard an advertisement on TV and we had our bathroom done with the tub in my house here in Wenonah. We were down the shore and there was a little festival going on and there was a guy standing there with pamphlets and you get 10% off. So, I said, “Okay.” We have a shore property and I said I’d like to put a shower in the master bath, and that’s how it all came about. They came over, gave us an estimate, and then we had it done. They did my stall shower and they did a beautiful job. They cleaned up and were very nice. I have nothing but good things to say about Bath Fitters. They were all very nice and helpful. They told me what I needed to do and if I had any questions I called them. Everything worked out well.

We have the tub and the whole thing and we’ve had that for a while. We had called Bath Fitter one other time for them to come out. There was a black mark we couldn’t get off, and they had to caulk it. They came right out and no problems so it was very good. When they say they’ll come out and do whatever for lifetime, it’s the truth. We really like that. Bath Fitter may be a little bit more money, but it’s worth it in the long run because they do a beautiful job. They’re in and out of the house within a day and a half, they clean up, and if you have any problems they’re gonna come back and help you. They’re really a reputable company and you could really trust them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anna, it is a real pleasure to read your review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled you had a good experience with our team! Thanks again for trusting Bath Fitter with your bathroom remodel!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had seen advertisements about Bath Fitter before. So, when I was up at the state fair last summer, I stopped at the first state because they had a booth. I got some information and signed up to have them give me a call. But I was annoyed because I specifically told the seller at the trade show that I don’t want a call until after Labor Day. And I got four calls. I was irritated because we were not going to be moving into this house until that weekend and I didn’t want to be bothered with it. I couldn't come in and have the measuring process because we didn’t have possession of the house. But that was the only negative experience.

When the salesman came out, he was nice and he did the measuring process. Other than sitting at the table and talking to him about the product and measuring, we talked about the process and it was pleasant. He was very informative and he didn’t lead us astray. I was surprised by the price but we went ahead and did it and we really like the shower that we had them install last fall. The installation went fine. The guy was in and out and the process went on for two days, but he just added some things to finish that second day. It was a smooth and easy experience and we liked the product. We were satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sharman, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your experience with Bath Fitter! We take your feedback at heart and we will make sure to relay the information to our local team. Thanks again for your business and have a wonderful day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

After I was in the showroom in Avenues Mall my husband and I decided to make an appointment. We got our appointments yesterday at 5:30 pm. To make a long story short after an hour perfectly from the book sales conversation, we measured and finally get a price. 10.156.00$. We ask for time to talk about this because it was almost 3000$ more than we thought we will spend on one bathroom, we get told no we have to put a deposit of 200$ down for hold the price for 30 days, or we lose it forever. We have to make a decision now, or we be in the system of Bath Fitter and not eligible for any discount in the future. I was on this site before I choose to make an appointment and got mislead with all the great reviews.

Why I am not able to get the same price tomorrow what I would get today? Without paying for? I got told at least 20 times from the production line to the time it is installed it's always one company. In all your showrooms the walls get straight up but this comes with an over 700$ extra charge, why there is nowhere a standard version in your showroom? Needless to say we are really disappointed with this experience.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are sorry it was not a positive one. We’ve shared your information with your local office and they will be in touch with you shortly to further discuss the situation. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I had one of the first tub overs and I had always been perfectly happy with it. It had held up through seven kids and a lot of years, with no problem with the doors. It was a good installation and it worked out fine. I liked the experience the first time around and that was why I called again. This time I wanted the tub taken out and I wanted the step-in. I'm getting older and I didn't want to play hop, skip and jump to get in and take a shower.

I live in Northern Michigan, three blocks from Lake Michigan where we get all these severe storms in the wintertime and they were talking about sending somebody up to take a look and see what needs to be done. I told them not to do that. We were having a big blizzard and I didn't want somebody to die. We really didn’t want it done until April. I thought it would be a little easier if the weather was a little bit warmer. But it's March now and it has been a month now so it was a little premature. I had a hard time making somebody from out of the area understand what the roads get like here. That was my only gripe. Otherwise, the installation was perfect. The person did exactly what we wanted and he did a great job. It was done in a timely manner and they took care of everything that needs to be taken care of.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are very pleased to hear that you liked your experience and product so much that you chose us again for a second remodel! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter shower and thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I had 4 people mention Bath Fitter to me and they told me that though they're expensive, they're the quickest way to get the job done. I got a tub fitted, so they came and fitted my tub four months ago. Bath Fitter has very good people. The rep who worked with me was awesome, pleasant, and made it a very easy process. I let the installation team in then I was gone for a few days. They got the job done quickly and I was pleased when I came back. I was only wondering what they did with my original shower head. It was a brand new shower head and I was trying to figure out where it is. I'm still afraid of the cost of the work done but I love it and it's beautiful to me. Bath Fitter is great.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I've been in sales for 10 years and the salesman from Bath Fitter did a very good job. He convinced us that Bath Fitter was the way to go. It was a little bit more expensive, but we only have one bathroom and our tub was in really bad shape so their one day installation was huge for us. The installation guy did an awesome job and I didn't even know he was here. It was a great experience. We're doing a whole bathroom remodel but it will be a few years to make sure it's finished.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robb, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Enjoy your new bathtub and thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Our bathtub was not a standard size and we considered having it painted, but we knew that over time, we’d scratch it up. So, we just thought that Bath Fitter was probably the best company to do what we needed done. The installer put in the tub on the 14th of February and the installation went well. It was a one-man team and I couldn't believe how much he accomplished in one day. And we love the tub so far. We love the way it looks and it really dresses up the bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darlene, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and grant us a 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you love the way your new Bath Fitter bathtub looks. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We've heard about Bath Fitter for years, and we had a neighbor who had used Bath Fitter, and he had a recommendation as well. We have an old house and we did not want the remodeling to take forever, so going with them was the faster process. We re-did a bathtub shower and had a custom shower. The sales rep was great and his knowledge was very good. The installer Tim was also great, self-motivated, did everything by himself, and did a great job. We had a top-notch experience with the salespeople and the installation. I would recommend them, definitely.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Melinda, thank you so much for sharing your great review with us! We are pleased to hear that you had a top-notch experience with our sales and installation team. Thanks again for your business and for recommending us!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

When I lived in Baltimore, Bath Fitter worked at my house, and in November, we bought a bathtub and a wall surround then it was installed in December. The sales rep was very homey and friendly but he took a lot longer than we anticipated. Once the sale was made, he stayed another two hours just chatting. My wife actually got up, went upstairs and texted me to tell me to get him to leave. But the interaction was great and other than that, it's all good. The installation team was fantastic. They were good, on time, professional, clean and courteous. They let us know everything that they were doing and they came down a few times and told us to take a look at things and kept us involved in the process. If my friends ask, I'd suggest Bath Fitter and give them a referral.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alan, we are happy you appreciated your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I'm happy with my experience with Bath Fitter. I bought walls and a bathtub from them since it would have cost too much to do it the other way. Their installers came in and did the job like little busy bees. I was satisfied with it. If Bath Fitter is the right way for you, use them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bonnie, we're thrilled that you had an amazing experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

There was a Bath Fitter display set up at Shady Maple up in Eastvale, Pennsylvania, and I went with them because they are guaranteed for life, and then I could pick up the accessories that I wanted. I had my tub removed and got a walk-in shower. I purchased it in September and had it installed in December. The sales rep we dealt with was very informative when he came out to speak to me. Installer Kevin was wonderful, too. He explained everything that he was doing and he was very neat. If there was a problem with my tub from the previous install, he corrected the problem. Overall, he just worked overtime and completed the job on time. So far, I'm very satisfied with the product. It's cleaning up easily. It's wonderful because I didn't plan on having surgery and it's worked out really well. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter based on the work that he did. It's good when you know someone that had the work done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Edith, thank you for your review! It’s a pleasure to hear you had a good experience with our sales and installation team! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter walk-in shower!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The bathrooms that I have in my building were in great need of repair, and so I went with Bath Fitter due to their price. The interaction with their sales rep went well and the level of their knowledge was great. I had them install a showerhead, a tub and the walls. The team that did the installation were good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Doris, we are happy you enjoyed your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Bath Fitter's focus and specialty are in remodeling bathrooms, and since we were willing to pay for that, instead of calling a general contractor in, we went with them. We had a remodel upstairs and everything went well. We had a shower in our master bathroom and we had them install a tub under the shower too. The quality of the product is good. We initiated sometime in November or October and we had a lot of things going on. So, we finally got it finished up in January. They worked around our schedule, and were very, very good. The rep was helpful and he explained everything to a tee. During the installation, my wife was the one here and she indicated to me that everything went well. The installation went very clean, without any mess nor worries. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Matthew, we appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us! We are glad to hear that you like the quality of our product and had a nice experience with our team! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have a very old house and it would've been way too major to start removing the fittings and it seemed that Bath Fitter was the only solution. Their rep at the store and the tech who came out and did the measurements was very good. We got their bathtub and the surround installed and the final result is fine but the initial installation was shoddy so we had to call them back. There was a pipe extension I had that had been done in an open wall and we had the wall all opened so all they had to do was to put the unit in the extension. We were going to do the pipe extension ourselves but they said that if I do that then there will be no guarantee. We even had a brace board put up, ready to attach it but the tech didn't attach it. The whole fixture was wobbling around inside. We're no experts but we've done a lot of plumbing and it was a no-brainer to put a fastener and fasten the thing to the board.

The tech knew what he was doing when it came to the installation of the tub and the vinyl but the plumbing stuff was iffy. After we had already ordered the tub, we talked with a friend of ours whose husband is a contractor for building homes. They had the similar situation where it would've been quite difficult to take the tub out so they went with Bath Fitter too and she told me not to go with them. The job was also done in a day, as what Bath Fitter had promised, so it was a bit rushed and they had to call Bath Fitter back about three times to fix things. But she said that they always came. Also we would've liked to purchase our own faucets and shower head because we found that the fixtures through Bath Fitter were very expensive but again they told us that if we did that there would be no guarantee.

But overall my experience was very good. Everything was cleaned up and the fact that it was done in a day was very convenient. It might've been a bit rushed though. The tech worked longer hours than what he was planning to do. I want it done properly and we do a lot of renovations so I know what the finished result should look like and in the end, it did. The product now is absolutely beautiful and it's so easy to maintain. The house is 100 years old and the bathtub is probably one of the nicest things in there right now. We're very happy with what we have here now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, we appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us! We take your feedback at heart and we will relay the information to our local team. We are glad to hear you love your new bathtub, thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I didn't have a lot of time to spend at home to have somebody do repairs. Also, my elderly mother lives with me and I didn't want all the fuss of carpenters going in and out so Bath Fitter was perfect for me. I had them install a shower stall and wall with headboard-type material in one bathroom in September, and a tub surround on the other in January and I love them. Their installers were very nice. They were also very clean. They put down a drop cloth to walk on and they cleaned up all the muss. Bath Fitter, however, is way too expensive. It'd cost an arm and a leg, but because I needed the things done so badly, I went ahead and did it. I highly recommend them if you can afford them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Debra, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and grant us a 5-star rating! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Excellent job done by an exceptionally professional person. Highly recommend this company. The installer was highly skilled in multiple trades. I would use this company again in a minute. In fact this was the second job they did for me. The first was a new tub and the latest was a shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi, what a pleasure reading your review! Thank you so much for sharing and thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

If you need a new bathtub, go to Bath Fitter and they'll have you done in and out. They're not a name like Joe Shmoe on the corner and they have warranty. My mother got a 2-in-1 shower and tub from Bath Fitter with shelves and one grab bar. The initial purchase was right around Thanksgiving and the sales reps explained, were friendly and kind, and took their time. The installation experience was smooth and it was done in two days. Everything was good from sales to the measuring part and installation. She absolutely loves the work done and is very satisfied with the whole process.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Laurie, we are so happy to hear that your mother loves her new Bath Fitter bathtub. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us and warrant us a 5-star rating. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have not had any problem after 7 yrs. of replacing my tub-shower into a shower. I have loved the ease in caring for it. Recently, a leak occurred in the hand-held device. In a short time after contacting them, Bath Fitter came and replaced my device with a new one. They gave me a better quality one equal to their new installations. Their Serviceman was professional and made sure I knew how to use the new device. Thank you Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, we are thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I complained about the shower repairs needed the middle of last year, and 4 contracts later (that have gotten progressively worse), the only thing Bath Fitter is worried is posts on social media and trying to get me to approve work before it is even performed. I was told by their "lawyer" in Canada that I can take it or leave it. I was also told by him when I asked if he was licensed to practice in the US that he gets his contracts done by someone down the street. The contracts have gone from no warranty to a 1 year warranty on the shower, but not on the workmanship or anything else, not responsible for mold was added once they realized that the damage is getting worse, and they are not responsible for the damage their shoddy workmanship has caused to the subfloor and the tile that has had water intrusion and causing it to break. It has been 2 months since I last heard from them and the email address I have for the local manager is no longer valid.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchased a walk-in shower from Bath Fitter in October. I saw their booth at the state fair and I liked the product and the way it looks. I had them come out and show me what they had to offer. The rep was very personable and explained everything. He did an excellent job. I liked the fact that they could do it in one day, and it was all one piece. The installer who came was friendly and very competent in what he was doing. He was busy and worked the whole time but he was willing to answer any questions that I had. The work done was excellent quality. I would definitely tell people that it was worth the money.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Irene, thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy that you had a great experience with us and took the time to share it. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Thank you Bath Fitter for making my bathroom look so beautiful. I'm so happy to have it done in such a professional way, you guys rock!!! Your service installer was quite professional and answered any and all of my questions. The job was done in a timely manner and it met all of my expectations and then some. Great job Bath Fitter!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great experience! We are glad to read you are enjoying your new bathroom. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I recommend Bath Fitter. I purchased a shower from them. I'm a single dad and it's a lot easier to have them do the remodel. The quote they gave me was cheaper than what I've heard it was going to be. The rep went through all the steps and they came out and measured a couple of different times to make sure everything's correct before the installers came. The installer was great and I'd recommend him to anybody, too. I was around all day when he did it. If he had any questions, he came and asked me before he did it the way he thought it should be done. But I had a little issue right after the installation. I got a cut in my shower curtain and before the warranty card was even in the office, they sent me a new one right away. That was a simple thing rather than them come all the way out. They told me that I could go ahead and do it myself.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shawn, thank you for trusting Bath Fitter with your shower remodel! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My friend that I was touring with at the state fair had somebody else do his bathroom. My buddy Jack had some problems with adhesion. He had somebody come out and take a look at it from Bath Fitter’s. They said one of the problems with the adhesion of the tub lighter and he decided that he was not going to redo it. We had an existing tub and I was looking for this Bath Fitter approach. I always thought it looked nice and they were willing to come out and look at my situation and make recommendations. The fellow they sent out was Mark and he used to be a dental rep. I was a dentist before I retired and I bought supplies from him and he always treated me correctly.

Mark looked at it and attested to the credibility of the company so I felt fairly secure with it and we came up with a design. He had some suggestions, then he also said he liked to have one of his associates come out and take a look at it, which he did. The fellow that was in charge of the installation made some suggestions that would improve the design of what we had and solve some of the problems so I was impressed with what he said and decided to have them do that. They put in a liner then also built an enclosure for it and had a covering on that. The fellow who put it in was meticulous about things. I was very happy with it and also very impressed with the quality of his workmanship. It went very well and he did a very nice job. I’m a very quality-oriented and he really exceeded my expectations. It took him two days to do my installation and when he was starting to clean up, I offered to do it because he was running late the second day.

When my daughter Heather had been thinking about doing a remodel on her bathroom, I also sent Mark in to talk to her and she also decided to go with them. It also turned out very nicely. Each of the four different people in their organization that I dealt with was very knowledgeable and straightforward. One of the heads of the installation made a couple of trips and I thought they were very picky but I understand now after seeing the installation and talking to Jack about some of the issues he had. Bath Fitter hired people that seem to be credible and present themselves well. I’ve given recommendations and everybody who saw it feels like it was well done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Curt, we are thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had Bath Fitter into our home in Phoenix Arizona. There was a lack of communication on the removal of the old tub surround. I called customer service and they suggested that we should continue to remodel the bathtub and tub surround so we could have a completed, useful tub. They stated that they would replace the complete unit as soon as the replacement came in which was in about 2 weeks. The new tub and surround came in and they tore out the previous tub and tub surround, old tub surround and installed the new tub and tub surround. The final result was excellent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elaine, thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry there was a misunderstanding at the beginning. We are glad to know you are enjoying the final result! Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We needed the bathroom remodeled and Bath Fitter had good reviews. We purchased a tub cover and a shower from them. Their sales rep had some awesome information. He was very honest and told us everything that was going to be done, step-by-step. He was very clean-cut and neat. He was everything that we wanted from customer service. The installer did a great job, explained things as he went along and cleaned up after everything. The bathroom looks even better than we anticipated. Bath Fitter is excellent. If you’re going to get your bathroom redone, you should definitely go with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Judith, we are thrilled that you had a great experience with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share it! Enjoy your beautiful new bathtub and shower!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bath Fitter did the wall surrounds for me in 2012 and I liked the work. My brother also had work done by them and he was in love with his bathroom. I called them again and they installed a tub and wall surround in December. All of their reps were very knowledgeable and told me exactly what to expect including the cost. They walked me right through the process and did wonderfully. Their installer was prompt and very courteous. He got the job done and explained how to take care of it once the install was done. Then they had to come back because it was a total tub install. They took the old tub out and put in a shower pan instead of the tub. I would use Bath Fitter again if I need to.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Doris, what a pleasure reading your review! Thank you so much for sharing and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I liked Bath Fitter’s ease of installation and the amount of time that they’ve been doing the work. Their sales rep was very knowledgeable, friendly and informative. She was also very thorough in her presentation. Also, the individual that came in to inspect everything else was very pleasant and also knowledgeable. The installation crew was in and out in one day. The purchase of a replacement tub that fits over the top of my existing one was made in the fall and the install was done in November of 2017. If you are looking to upgrade your bathtub and not looking to do a rip out and replace, I would certainly recommend Bath Fitter. They presented a quality product. Plus, their time quotes were accurate and they performed as advertised.

Bath Fitter response

Hello Gregory, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're always happy to hear from our customers and even happier to know you enjoyed your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thanks again for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information