4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I saw Bath Fitter on TV and there was something about it when I saw them demonstrate. When I first called, I had no idea what I was gonna do but I needed to do something. The sales rep was wonderful. When he finished evaluating and measuring, I knew that he would be the one to do it. I'm in an old Victorian house and it didn't have a shower. So, I was trying to figure out what to do and this solved my problem.

The installers were very efficient. They came on December 10th and finished it on the same day. It was a cold day and I was worried about how they were going to pull this off. I felt bad for them since they were outside doing the measurements. Then, they brought it in the house and put it together. I stayed downstairs until they finished and when I looked at it, I just said, “Wow.” It was beautiful. I just talked to a lady and I gave her the number. People see it and they want it so that's one thing to have. I have recommended Bath Fitter to two people

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We are glad to hear you were pleased with the results of the work of our team! Thank you for your business and your recommendations!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

About a month ago, Bath Fitter did a tub and shower for us. The rep did a nice job. When the guy came to look at the bathroom and gave me a price on it, he explained everything including how it was gonna be done. The guy who did the plumbing and the one that put the tub in both did a good job. I like the way it was set up. No questions asked. They took care of everything by themselves and didn’t need anything. I’m really satisfied with Bath Fitter and if anybody wants to know about it, I’ll tell them about it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Don! Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We went with Bath Fitter based on a recommendation and on how good they are, and they could also do it in one day. The sales rep was also the reason that we went ahead with them. I liked everything about the process. They replaced our shower and the installation was done by one person and he did a wonderful job. We’re very happy with them. Everything was as I expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We had gone to an aging forum in Hampton Roads and Bath Fitter was there. I stopped and talked to the guy and he explained a little bit. When I came home, I told my husband about it and we decided to have someone come out and talk to us. It took quite a while before they came out though. It was close to eight weeks from the time we ordered it until the time we got it. But the installation was great. I had two people here, one in the main bathroom putting a bathtub in and one in our bathroom putting a shower in. I like the Bath Fitter really well. It’s easy to clean and I would recommend it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you for your great review! Glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter units!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We liked the idea that Bath Fitter would be in and out in a day. The sales representative that came to discuss things was very good. Bath Fitter did the installation the week after Thanksgiving. We were first shocked when only one guy showed up. We thought, “How can they do all this in that amount of time?” He came at 8:30 and he was gone by 3:00, and he was very good. I'm very pleased with the final product. It looks very professional, and is easy to clean. We just did the shower curtain and I'm glad that we did that. It is easier to get in and out without the doors.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Julie, thank you for your review! We're gald to hear we were able to exceed your expectations!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Had Bath Fitter install in 2003 and have been told several times I don't have a lifetime guarantee either. The original product was pleasing (although the install took 2-3 days to correct the mistakes). Started seeing water under the liner after about 3 years and STILL have that problem along with some cracks and small holes. I had Bath Fitter come out in 2018 and the technician was 2 1/2 hours late without calling and he was totally wrong in his cursory assessment! It turned out I had a plumbing problem behind the wall that was my responsibility. I called his supervisor about his poor performance. Anyway, the shower enclosure is still good and leak proof but have no idea how to get a replacement tub. Very disappointed!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, we are very sorry to hear about your situation. We'll reach out to you privately to gather some additional information so that we may best assist you. Thank you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We had an associate from Bath Fitter to come out in Aug. 2018 to give estimate. In Oct. 2018, tub was finally installed. They called saying "wrong tub" had been ordered but would put in a "better tub" at no additional charge. The tub installed was not a "better tub" and no one told me that until it had already been installed. After talking with "management" in Nov. 2018, it was agreed we would receive a 750.00 discount and this was supposedly to be sent directly to us. The process would take up to 2-3 weeks. I have called and was told "corporate" in Canada had been contacted and that if we have not received the check in "2 weeks" to contact them again. VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS! MY HUSBAND WANTS TO TELL THEM JUST TO COME BACK AND GET THE TUB.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sherry, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We will forward this message to our branch and be in touch shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I like Bath Fitter's pricing and reputation. They did one bathroom for us 6 years ago and I got them again for another one. The sales rep was completely professional, very helpful and straightforward. The installer was great too and the installation was fantastic. I am very much satisfied with the finished product. Bath Fitter is a great company and I would recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi George, thank you for your great review! We are thrilled to hear your second experience with Bath Fitter was as good as the first! Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter once again!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Oh my God! Looks so beautiful. Had it installed Monday 1/7/19. Came on time and done in 7 hours. I was going to break down the bathroom, taken out the old tub and putting in a new one new walls. It would’ve cost me over 10.000 dollars. Call Bath Fitter next day. Salesman Larry came over the house and sat down with me and wife. He was very helpful. We saw what we like. Waited 5 weeks. Installed yesterday. The installer was John. Very very well skilled. Unbelievable what he did. Made my bathroom beautiful. He cleaned the mess, explain how to clean it, what to use and not to use on the walls. In the long run I save a lot of money and looks great? Thanks Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Frank! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a wonderful experience and deliver you a beautiful new bathroom! Thank you for business and for sharing those beautiful pictures!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Had a shower stall insert done and in 5 years it leaked twice and caused damage to our kitchen ceiling. They don't tell you that after 5 years, no labour tongue issues are not covered. So that lifetime guarantee they tout is actually not true. Don't use this product ever.

Bath Fitter response

Hello, we're sorry to hear about your experience and we'd like to look into this matter further. We'll be reaching out in private to gather more information. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had gotten a tub and a shower from Bath Fitter. They were the only company I could think of. Their people were very nice and the installation was fine. I really like the tub and the shower.

Bath Fitter response

Happy to hear you were satisfied with everything Norma! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Originally installed in 2014 which at that time it was a franchise business. Work took longer than expected and quality of work was sub-standard in my opinion. The person that had the franchise had too many excuses for length of time it took to complete the job, job parts and the quality of the work. I started having some problems with flooring, caulking and door parts. I called Bath Fitter to see if something could be done to repair the items I thought were bad.

Long story short, Bath Fitter which is a company store now, came out, looked over my concerns and scheduled a time to fix problems. My shower looks great now, quality of work is very high and I will recommend this company and their product. A major difference between original install, the franchise operation, and the repairs done to correct the problems under the company store, difference between night and day. Thanks Robert for your quality of work and thanks Bath Fitter for backing your product and service.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our branch was able to resolve all your issues and ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I ordered a tub. I received the wrong tub. The salesman said the tub installed was the one I ordered. I examined the contract. I had chosen the Quartz tub from the pictures on the website. It was hard to read the salesman's handwriting. But it was clear that the first 2 characters were QU. There were only 6 models to choose from. Quartz was the only model beginning with QU. The salesman said Model on the contract meant size of the old model they were removing, not the new model I was buying. I asked why I needed to sign off on the old model they were removing. They had no good reply for that. They said there was a 1 character code on the order form indicating what model I bought. That wasn't explained to me. They said they could replace the installed wrong model with the one I wanted for an extra $1000. I was furious and asked to talk to a manager.

After some discussion he agreed they would replace the wrong tub at no cost. I waited a month. They came with another wrong tub. Luckily we caught it before the install. I waited another month. They came again with another wrong tub. I gave up and kept the wrong tub they first installed. They refunded me some $. Not as much as I hoped. I should also say during the install one of the workers swore the F word at the top of his lungs since his coworker didn't hear him yell turn off the water main, and water overflowed the tub, and ran across the floor, and went down the heat duct into my house heater. My wife was in the next room, and clearly heard it. Plus, many cigarette butts were left on the driveway. We don't smoke. I will never buy anything from Bath Fitter again. It was the worst experience I ever had with a contractor. I have used many in the 38 years I have owned homes.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thomas, we apologize that your experience was not a positive one. This is not the type of service we strive to provide, and we appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve and provide a better service in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I was at the Perry Hall Fair and I saw a Bath Fitter booth there. I talked to the Bath Fitter guy and he said that the entire thing was one piece, so there was no chance of anything ever leaking. That was the main thing in my choosing them for my bathroom remodeling. The salesman was very knowledgeable and everything went very smoothly. I got the payment planned and put the $2,000 down payment. The payments are coming out now and I have the same as cash payment. One man came out for the installation. He did it all in one day and everything went very well.

Bath Fitter response

Glad to hear you had a great Bath Fitter experience James! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The sales representative from Bath Fitter was very businesslike, polite, factual, and not high-pressure at all. I purchased a shower and I got grab bars, too. Two guys came out to do the install, and they were great. It took them one day to do the installation. I'm well-satisfied with my shower and I like the convenience of it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Kenneth! We're thrilled to hear you are happy with your new shower! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I saw Bath Fitter on a TV advertisement, and I’ve heard some good things and read reviews. We wanted to replace our tub with a shower so we did it. The sales rep was fine, personable and very informative. We got a walk-in shower last summer and I liked the shower head. It’s aesthetically pretty for what it is and it might be a little different but it was just like what we had before. We had grab bars put in as well. One guy did the installation and it only took him a day and a half. We were pleased. He cleaned up afterwards and everything was good. We haven’t had any issues with the product and I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Happy to hear you had a great experience Denise! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I liked the product of Bath Fitter. I was dealing with messy men and I figured that their product would be easier to clean. I had them install a tub and the wall around it. In addition, I had them do one grab bar and a shelf. I had a contract with Bath Fitter which said that the work would be done within a certain a time frame, but it was not even close to that time frame by the time that the installers finally came to do it. They explained to me that the holdup was because they didn't have enough personnel to install their product. There was lack of personnel on all ends, even at the office. I got excited about doing something, but it was almost five weeks after the contract was over when the installers finally came in. That was a concern for me because I put a deposit down, then I didn't even hear from them.

When the installers finally came in, they were fine. They explained everything and they were here when they said they would be. I made the wrong decision though. If I have to do another bathroom remodel, I would get a wall that has some texture to it. Mine is just flat so you can see the soap scum that gets on it. But the product itself is fantastic.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing experience! We're glad to hear that everything was ultimately installed to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Some people I knew had Bath Fitter and they were satisfied so I decided to purchase from them too. I had them take out the tub and replaced it with a shower. I called them and their reps came right out. Since we weren’t familiar with what they would and wouldn’t do and what was and wasn’t included, the salesman that came out could’ve given us more information which would have been helpful. Nonetheless, the main installer did really good. The workmanship was very neat. He had custom wood and he was very exact. The flunky he was with wasn’t too swift but he did all right for what he was supposed to do.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled you hear you are satisfied with your new shower! Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My tub and shower wall was done in 2002. Bath Fitter say they have a lifetime guarantee. A crack in the tub developed recently. I called Bath Fitter corporate number. I was told that they no longer have franchises and since my work was done by a franchise, it is not guaranteed. They offered me a small discount for a new tub overlay. That’s like having a Ford and Ford not honoring your warranty because the dealership you bought it from went out of business.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jennie, we are sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into your situation. We'll be in touch shortly!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bath Fitter's rep was good. He showed us all the product lines and we relied on him to guide us through the project because we weren’t too familiar with all that had to be done in redoing our bathroom. We had Bath Fitter do a shower conversion. They did the walls, the shower base, and the ceiling. We also had the walls in our small bathroom done in the subway tile pattern, which turned out nice. The work they did was excellent. They moved along quickly and took about two days to complete the project. They also let me do some of the work. I removed the tub and they gave me a credit for what I did because I had to put windows in. I put in a glass block window and they framed everything around it. The window sill was put in and sealed it off, but it needed a little more slope to make sure the water didn’t pond on it. We wanted it to flow back into the shower itself. A gentleman came back and he corrected that.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bobbie, thank you for sharing your great experience! We thrilled to hear you are fully satisfied and loving your brand new shower. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Filed against: Southern Bath Solutions, LLC. 5811 McCann Drive, Baton Rouge LA 70809. Complaint Description: Job is incomplete, yet they charged my Discover Card (unauthorized!) and I have to get local contractor to finish the job. They stopped communications On Sept 26, 2018, I put down a deposit of $2312.00 (Discover Card) for contract to convert tub to shower. In mid November, installer came out to do job, but had wrong measurements for job, so they had to re-order materials. In mid December, installer came out again to do job. He removed old tub, prepped site for new shower, and started installing. He could not complete install as once again he had wrong measurements for the shower. He left job site,and now I have to get a local contractor to finish the job and special order shower doors.

I spoke to Bath Fitter sales lady (Johauna **) and she told me they would give me a $1000 discount to offset my costs for local contractor. I told her I would not pay them until the job was complete and I was able to cover the costs with the $1000 discount. Now they have charged my Discover Card (unauthorized!) $4393.00, and I still don't know what the local contractor cost will be to finish the job. They have ceased communications with me. Your Desired Resolution: I seek a large enough discount to cover my local contractors cost and reimbursement for time and energy spent on this fraud case.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jay, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like to look into this matter further. Our branch will be reaching out to address this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We own an older duplex in Milwaukee, WI which needed remodeling of the bathrooms in both units. The quoted prices we had received for removal and replacement of the existing ceramic tile and cast iron bathtubs induced us to investigate more affordable solutions. My initial skepticism over the sturdiness of an acrylic "tub liner" disappeared when I was shown a miniature model made of the same, thick and sturdy material as the final product. The fact that the installation could be completed in as little as one day, minimizing any inconvenience to our tenants was a valuable factor.

I couldn't be more impressed with all of the Bath Fitter professionals involved in our project, nor in the appearance and suitability of the finished bathrooms. An unexpected endorsement came from the City of Milwaukee plumbing inspector on the day the installations were being performed. When he arrived to check the shower valve hook-up, the inspector commented, "These people usually do a really good job, I don't expect any problems."

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary, thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to exceed your expectations and deliver you a beautiful new Bathtub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I had Bath Fitter replace my tub and shower enclosure and now the frame has some paint peeling. I have been very careful to clean with only products listed by Bath Fitter. I called the local Bath Fitter franchise which said it would replace the defective frame but would charge $80 per hour for labor because the installation was more than 5 years old. THAT labor charge is not indicated on the warranty card given me at time of purchase. The language there is “We warrant that each Bath Fitter bathtub, bathtub liner, shower base, bath wall, shower wall and ceiling will be free of defects for as long as you own your home. We will repair or replace any defective unit at our discretion at no charge.” This is an example of bait and switch. Bath Fitter was happy to take my money promising lifetime warranty but in actuality "no charge" is a lie.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we are sorry for the issues you are having with your shower door. Although the shower doors are not covered under our limited lifetime warranty, as indicated on the warranty card, we'd love the opportunity to further assist you as customer service is very important to us. We will be in touch shortly. Thank you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We had an install of our Bathtub/shower on 11/16/18. The technician was awesome. He did it all in 1 day. We then found the shower head was cheap, and was installed too high for us to reach easily. It can't be adjusted to be of use to us. Upon telling the company this and the fact we weren't happy with it. I was postponed 3 days for a manager and then by same person I spoke to during complaint called back today, was told it really wasn't their issue - it came with the install we bought. We did not have a sample or demo during the buy process.

Expensive install price, this is likely the cheapest part on the whole job. To add insult to this they politely stated they would give me $200 towards a new part and the $150 service visit if I gave them a "lead" that pans out. I am thinking the satisfaction guarantee also isn't worth the paper it is printed on. I would not recommend them to my friends or anyone else. I am happy that this is just a cheap part, imagine their response had the tub cracked or something.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for. We understand that our branch has been in touch and is working on making this matter right. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We thought that going with Bath Fitter would be the easiest to do, rather than mess around with going to Home Depot or someplace else to get all these bits and pieces put together. The rep was very friendly. He called us a couple of times when he had not done something right for our financing, and so he came back and took care of it for us. We got a tub shower combination with a shower door. They had to do some re-plumbing, but other than that, they put what we had requested to put in, then they set it in. It took most of the day, but it was a good job. I would recommend it to anybody.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janet, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your experince with Bath Fitter! We really appreicate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We've had Bath Fitter do other work for us over the years and the entire experience has been very positive. They have a good reputation and because of the quality of the work that was done and the people that we dealt with, we thought we should stay with the sure thing. We had them do a whole bathway and some work recently and they also did a shower installation for us. They let us pick the type of tile or whatever the backdrop is and the different fixtures and the quality of the work was excellent.

The reps would come to the house, looked at the job that we were requesting and gave us an estimate. They explained things thoroughly, answered our questions and got back to us if we had other questions. It was a professional and well-presented experience. Although the installer did a great job, he could use an extra pair of hands. It would have been a day job but they underestimated the type of shower installation it was which was an unusual one at least from our understanding of what they do. It took him a second day to come back and complete the installation. Still, we give Bath Fitter a good recommendation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary Lou, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We're thrilled to hear that our installer was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Three months ago, I purchased a shower from Bath Fitter. I just went with the standard package. Their response and turnaround time made me go with them. The installation team was good and they were very thorough.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chris, we're glad to hear you had a smooth and enjoyable experience. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The whole experience ended up very disappointing especially for the cost of the unit. Salesman and technician getting lost in a town of 1000 when equipped with GPS. Behind promised will be there no later than 8:30 am. Then several major glitches - forgotten tools, accessories installed in the wrong place for a start. Overall VERY disappointing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Greg, we're sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. This is not the type of experience we strive for and we appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We are very happy with our Bath Fitter tub and shower. We live in an older home which presented the installer with some challenges. He took the time to get everything just right, and still was able to finish in one day. Great product!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joan, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We are thrilled to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

On October 30, 2018 we spent 3 hours with Bath Fitter's Charlie to design our handicap bathroom for my husband who has ALS. A seriously debilitating disease. We set date for install. I was called 2x in following week to change install date. I was called 3 days before install to say they cannot build what we designed with Charlie! I asked for $1475 deposit back. They said no. I did not cancel within 3 days. Well I didn’t know they couldn’t do this until an hour before asking for my deposit back! Maybe 1/2 back? Oh no you don’t. They then sent a supervisor to look. He changes design and it’s a go for following week. Tech show up. They start. They apologize but no shower curtain rod til next week! Handicap shower. Needed husband. No shower curtain! Install finished. Shower curtain in. Hardly any water pressure?

We are installing new floor. Pull up old floor. Find awful mold situation. Although you did not cause this, you failed to tell me I had 3” water under my bathroom and then you proceeded to throw all debris from the job UNDER MY HOUSE! After removing all wet insulation and debris and drying up water, we discover a slight leak under new shower. Bath Fitter come next day. 1 hr later than stated. Fix leak. Find plastic Filament in shower head slowing water release? Really!! You leave debris everywhere! I did not expect you to clean up water mess. Unless of course you caused it in removing our tub? A common courtesy would be to show me the water under my house and NOT THROW YOUR TRASH UNDER MY HOUSE. This was severely overpriced and nothing but aggravation. I demand some kind of restitution.

Bath Fitter response

Hi JoAnn, this is not the experience we strive for and we'd like to investigate this matter further. We will be reaching out shortly to discuss a resolution. If there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information