Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bath Fitter

Hi Larry, wow! Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We are thrilled to hear that you love your Bath Fitter and we were able to transform your shower into a beautiful new bathroom. Thanks again for writing and we hope that you share pictures with us on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Your crew did an outstanding job on the new bathroom. The technician was awesome. Required about 12 hours but he stayed with it until it was completed. Can not tell you how happy we were with the final product. WE were encouraged to have Bathfitter come back out to the home to address the other bathroom which was outfitted with a shower enclosure about 10 years earlier. NOW that shower unit looks just like it was installed yesterday! Fantastic company!

Bath Fitter

Hi Deborah, thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are truly beaming! We're thrilled that our team went above and beyond to provide you with such a wonderful experience. We would love for you to post pictures on our Facebook page to show our fans your new remodel! Thanks again for taking the time to write a 5-star review!

Original review: July 11, 2017

In a word our experience was wonderful. We absolutely love our new tub and surround. The installer was excellent and spent a lot of time fixing the mistakes of the people who previously installed a tub and surround. He explained everything he was doing and why and did an amazing job. We could not be happier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our bathtub reglazed a few years ago and it was chipping, peeling and cracking. It was in need of a repair desperately. Bath Fitter's the most recognizable name and a gentleman I work with used another company many years ago and they weren’t pleased with the results. The sales rep was excellent and very thorough. He was very laid back and honest about everything, which was encouraging. The installer was very thorough in his explanation of what he would be doing before he got started, and that was helpful. The sales rep and the installer both were very detail-oriented. From start to finish, the process was easy and smooth. We were very impressed with the professionalism and the quality of service of the staff. They were very courteous and knowledgeable of what they’re offering and providing. They seemed to genuinely want to assist their customers and to provide a great product for them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was considering selling my house so I had my bathroom remodeled. I did a lot of research on reviews and there were a lot of good reviews for Bath Fitter. I really liked that they could guarantee they'd be in and out in a day because I only have one bathroom in my house and I couldn't afford to have it torn up for a long time. The sales rep came over to the house to present the products that they have and provide me with an opportunity to figure out what I wanted and get the quote together. The guy that did the installation was amazing, very professional, and conscientious. I had them remove the tub and got a walk-in shower with a surround glass shower door and some accessories for it. He did a more thorough job doing cleanup than I would have even expected. He checked with me on all the different questions about where to place the hand rails that I wanted. Everything that Bath Fitter did was amazing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife really likes the bathrooms to be very nice and clean. We've put in sections and pieces in there that have seams with molds. But she got tired of it and told me that she wanted to get Bath Fitter. We did the walk-in shower and really love it because the pattern we chose came long enough that they would go all the way up to the ceiling and have no seams at all. They also made our little bathroom window waterproof by framing it all out. We installed some handrails and put in the shower head and sprayer as well. We also got the corner piece for the shelving and then we elected to do the seat. It's like in an extra bedroom but in the future, it might be ours when we get older and move downstairs since it would be harder to go up and down the steps and even harder to get into bathtubs.

Everybody that we dealt with was terrific. The first guy who came out to introduce the products answered all of the questions that we have. Then the fellow who came in to take the measurements was very helpful and told us what was next. The guy who did the installation was terrific. He worked nonstop from the time he got here, put down all kinds of covers over the floor, and cleaned up before he left. He would answer any of our questions and bring things up to let us know what we could expect and how things work. Then he went completely over us with everything before he left. We're really pleased with how smooth everything went even though it took a day and a half, but it was only just a matter of putting the wall fitting in and then hanging the doors on the next day. Everything went so smoothly and was just a wonderful experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bathroom was starting to get mold, it was in a cracked and rough state. The remodeling of Bath Fitter was a good work, I'm satisfied with my new bathroom. Plus, working with the sales rep and the installation team was good. We're happy with our experience and have no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My bathroom was definitely old so it was time to get a new look. A friend recommended Bath Fitter, and I got a new bathtub, sliding door, shower head, and fixtures from them in August. One of the selling points of going with them was the time that it took to install. It was a day and a half, which was great, whereas other estimates that I got from other contractors would’ve been for several days. It was very easy to work with them - from the sales guy to have an appointment scheduled, to the contractors to have them come and do the installation. They had people telling me what was going to happen along the way.

The sales rep gave a very detailed explanation. He was very kind, patient, and answered all of my questions. He had a great personality. The installation people were great. There was a great balance in telling me what I needed to know about what they were doing, and also digging in and getting the work done. I was very satisfied with the level of service, support, and the quality and speed of work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We previously had Bath Fitter and they covered our existing tub. We had a leaking faucet and they came and repaired that the next day, at no charge. I'm looking forward to stuff like that so I went with them again. My tub's now slightly lower so I don't have to step up into it. The sales rep was superior, and the delivery team went above and beyond from what we're used to. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody and they are top quality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bathroom was beat up, so it was time for us to do a remodel. We had the whole thing done by Bath Fitter a month ago, including the shower and its surround, the bathtub and all the fixtures that went with it. They were a little expensive, but we had no problems in terms of how easy it was done and how easy it was to take care of. They took everything out and put everything in there. Their sales rep gave me a lot of detail on what we're up against, and the guy that came out to install it was excellent. He even cleaned up after himself. Overall, they were very professional and everything was straight up.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about the difficulty you're experiencing. We want to make sure that you're receiving the top notch, professional service that you deserve. Your situation and contact information has been forwarded onto our corporate customer care team and will be handled by your local branch. Someone should be in touch soon. Feel free to email customercare@bathfitter.com, to contact our corporate customer service team directly.

Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I can't even give my experience a rating. This is still an ongoing problem. My solution at this point is to have the unit pulled and a refund of my thousands of dollars sent for the most unprofessional experience ever. I will discourage anyone thinking of using this company. Gave it one star because it would allow me to submit without a rating. My true rating is -0.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Bath Fitter at a strawberry festival in Maryland. We needed an upgrade and they have a lifetime warranty so I decided to go with them. I purchased the tub enclosure. Their sales rep was excellent and was very detailed. The gentleman that came out to measure was very nice too. Overall, we're very happy with Bath Fitter. We would definitely recommend family and friends to consult with our salesman, Joe, if they were interested in Bath Fitter. My experience was easy and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our tub was 38 years old and we needed it replaced. I knew other people in the neighborhood that had Bath Fitter and I liked the convenience of the work being done in one day. We got the bathtub and the trackless doors. The sales rep was pleasant to work with and was a good experience. The guy who came to install was excellent, quick, careful and neat. He couldn't have been better. I was very pleased with Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've lived in the house for almost 30 years and there had been a couple of times when I had to patch the tub, so I felt it was time to get a new one. It seemed like a good idea to put a tub over the one that I had and I thought Bath Fitter could do that. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it with the fiberglass tub that I had. That was disappointing. I wished they had said that before they were already in the house to do the work. So they had to take out the walls that surrounded the tub and what was underneath it for support, put in the replacement for the walls, then put the tub and the fixtures in. But the work got more expensive and cost almost $6,000. It was not what I expected, so I had it on a monthly payment plan until I pay it off. But the sales rep and the installation people were very nice and polite. They even cleaned up all the way down the hallway and the stairs since the bathtub is on the top floor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

An agent of Bath Fitter had set up at a supermarket where I shopped. I stopped and talked to her because we were on the market for a walk-in shower. I'm 91 and my wife is 76 and it is time to make something easier there in getting in and out of. The agent made an appointment for a rep to come to our house. I got an all glass shower and we are so happy with it. The reps were all very nice. My wife had some requisites that she wanted to ask about and they filled them. They did a good job. Bath Fitter is a really great product. They also have a great service and I am a very satisfied customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were so satisfied with the first tub installation that Bath Fitter did almost four years ago, so we also had them do our second bathroom a little over a month ago. We had an entire tub and surround put in. We talked to their salesman, Donny, for both times and he was very thorough, personable and kind. It was like we’d known him for 30 years. When he came out the second time, he remembered us and we remembered him. It has been a smooth transaction. The installer has been superior, too.

In the first tub we had put in, the installer did it all in one day and he would answer questions. When the salesman came out to do the second one, he said that the installer we had worked with has retired from the company, but his son would be doing the next installation. That was awesome because it felt like eight years of family. And the good thing was if we asked a question, he would stop to answer it fully without rudeness. And he never made it look like we were getting in their way. It was one of the finest businesses that I've dealt with. Everything went right and it’s exactly the way I want things to go when I'm spending money for a product or a repair. Bath Fitter is a company that strives in professionalism and they have a superior product. I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for sharing! We're so glad that you loved our speedy and easy installation process and our professional staff :) We hope you continue to love your Bath Fitter!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I saw Bath Fitter at a home and garden show. My place is a one-bedroom condo and I wanted to do a couple of things here and there. I had one guy come out before but I couldn’t do it so they helped get me a lower rate. And then, I had them back out and agreed to the terms. I purchased a shower bath from them because the whole thing had to be replaced. It was installed last September and their installation team was great. I thought it was going to take all day but they were out of there by 12:00 pm. So it was quick and easy. Overall, I was very happy with the experience and I'm happy to have a new bath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved into a new place and the bathrooms that I had were disgusting. I’ve known about Bath Fitter a long time, and I went with them because of the fact that they don’t leak and I wouldn’t have any problems. The sales rep was wonderful and very nice. He recommended things that were less expensive than what I had been thinking of and I’m very happy that I followed his advice. They had people that came out to measure and they were wonderful, too. I had a shower stall and a bathtub put in, and the installer came in one day to do the tub and then he came the next day to do the shower stall. He was absolutely marvelous, too. Everything was very positive and I was thrilled with them.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We're sorry for any inconvenience that you've been facing and it has been brought to our attention that this situation has been addressed and you have been contacted. Please feel free to update us when you have further information.

Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

Installed in Jan., Sept. called because water between tub and their tub. Tried to fix. Week later water back. Service tech trusted faucet to try to remove. Couldn't remove. He sealed drain told me to not run water for 4 hours. 5 hours later turn on water and sprayed all over and caused water in bedroom. They broke pipe in wall causing water in bedroom. I need help getting this fixed properly. Please call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m tired of cleaning all the mold so I thought it was time to remodel my bathroom. I bought a Bath Fitter walk-in shower which had no caulking on its wrap-around wall. It's a great product and I'm very pleased with Bath Fitter. The sales rep was great and I felt no pressure from him. The one who did the installation was also really nice and efficient.

Hi Jacqueline,

Wow, thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you love your new tub and we appreciate you taking the time to detail your wonderful experience. We hope you share photos of the final product on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, so that everyone can see the beautiful new tub! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The ground was coming out in our bathroom. We were at the mall and we looked at the stuff Bath Fitter had. They reset our bathtub, finished the bathtub area, and did the shower, shelves and faucets. They did an excellent job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a claw foot tub, and I asked Bath Fitter if they do liners for it. They said they do and showed me two pictures. I liked what I’d seen, and I thought they could dress up the bathroom a lot better. I purchased a bathtub liner along with the whole faucetry, the halo, and the high brass. I made everything new again. The installation guy was super. He was really professional and very effective in what he’d done. I helped out where I could, but he had everything in hand, and everything went together correctly.

I have an issue with the halo that came loose. I have to take a drill and re-tap the largest screw to be able to hold the halo together. Also, we had the faucets reordered and somebody put a haywire in the order, which delayed the process of getting the right product. I had all silver come instead of high brass. It was ordered when the owner got involved in it. I was satisfied once it started going and everything was installed. Bath Fitter was good in handling the delay in the process. I’d suggest anybody else to purchase from them. What they need to get done will get done correctly and professionally.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We're sorry if you've experienced any inconvenience during the installation process and we want the opportunity to ensure that you are happy with your Bath Fitter experience and product. Your information has been passed onto our corporate customer care team and someone should be in touch shortly to address your concerns. Thanks again for writing.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I had a tub to shower conversion. Don't get me wrong, the installation was fabulous. I can't say that for my salesman. I didn't get shower doors because I wanted to use different shower curtains to change up the colors in the bathroom. I got a 3 inch shower base. Had I known it was too low and water would get on the floor every time we showered. I would have been more inclined to get a 6 inch base.

I have to go back to Bath Fitter to get either a bolted on shower rod or glass sliding doors. Tension rods don't work due to the moisture in the bathroom. It slides down in the middle of us showering. Due to where the shower head is I would have to get custom shower curtains every time even with a bolted on shower rod. I feel all of this should have been explained during my consultation. In order not to void out my warranty on my acrylic insert, here's $800.00 or more to Bath Fitter for sliding glass doors. If I get sliding glass doors installed by another company and they crack the acrylic insert. I am screwed. Not happy!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter decided to get her bathroom remodeled then we followed her and wanted to update and modernize our bathroom. My friends recommended Bath Fitter to me. Their sales rep came into my house and sat and talk with my wife and I. He was very knowledgeable and professional. I got the tub and tub wall covered over a tile wall. But the key to their service and product was the affability of the technicians. They did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to make our bathroom look better and Bath Fitter's cost is reasonable and we knew they could do it a very short time so we went with them. We've had Bath Fitter out here twice. The first time, the tub had to be removed because we wanted a step-in shower. That one took a little bit longer than advertised but that was reasonable. Both the sales and the installation teams were both coordinating and doing a good job so we had them back to do the other bathroom. They had to fit over a tub there and that worked out nicely and very easily.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was pleased with the work that Bath Fitter did for me. All of the people who came to our house were polite, well organized, efficient, and very professional. They answered all of my questions and completed the job when they said they would. They also removed all of their trash and left the Bathroom looking great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My bathroom needed updating and Bath Fitter appeared to be a quick do. The sales rep was excellent. We were best friends by the end of the meeting. The installer knew what he was doing and he was very precise. I knew that he took great pride in his work. It was easy from beginning to end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter is a good, dependable company. We went with them for the one-piece wall enclosure and that they can be in and out in a quick period of time so I wouldn't have to worry about not having a bathroom to use for days and weeks. I made a purchase almost a year ago for the wall enclosure for the tub seal, the tub cover, and sliding glass doors. The sales rep was courteous and friendly. They’re a little pricey and it could have been a lot cheaper if I had hired a contractor to do the same job, but I was satisfied.

Everything was great with the installation team and they were pleasant, friendly, informational, and took me through everything step by step. The contractor was courteous, clean, quiet. Came in, did his work, got out, explained everything in detail, and pet friendly. I had no problems whatsoever. It was all good experiences other than not having the same water pressure from the shower that I had before, but I’ve learned to adapt to it. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted clean tiles and I had walls falling apart. I liked the way Bath Fitter looked on TV and the way they did things. They came to my house and a guy explained everything to me. Then they sent another guy to come out and he measured everything and made sure the first guy was right with the measurements. They put a top on the steps before they started, and they cleaned everything up when they were done. They did a real good job. We're proud of them and we're satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an old tub and my 91-year-old father who lives with me couldn’t get in and out of it so I had it removed and had a shower put in. I chose Bath Fitter because I've always heard great reviews about them. Their sales rep was great and very knowledgeable of the product. He was the one who suggested that we take the tub out and put the shower in. The installer was great as well. I love my new shower. When people come in and look at it, I always tell them it's Bath Fitter and if ever they'd get a bathroom remodel, I always tell them to call Bath Fitter because they're the best.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and sharing your experience with us! We're so glad that you love your Bath Fitter and know that you'll continue to do so :)

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Our experience started in BJ's where a Bath Fitter employee offered us a coupon for a percentage off a redo. Since we had been discussing that very thing, we took it and gave info to the very nice gentleman who started us out. The salesman who came to the house was equally nice, not pushy at all, and very helpful. Finally the installer could not have been nicer or more helpful. He included us on every step of the way. So I can say that from start to finish it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Had my showed installed last March. It's my first Bath Fitter remodel and I'm very pleased with it. The sales rep who came over has been very nice.

Bath Fitter Company Profile