It's that easy Request Information
4.47/5
Based on 567 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3406 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I found Bath Fitter in either Christiana or Concord mall out in the middle of the aisle. I have had another bathroom done by a company who theoretically specializes in it, and instead of taking a week to ten days like they said it would, it wound up taking six weeks. I wasn’t very happy because they kept dragging the people off to do something else so when I saw Bath Fitter’s, it looked very nice and clean, and installation could happen in a reasonable period of time. I took a chance on Bath Fitter. The sales reps came out and they looked at it and they told me what they could do and what it would cost. Everything was clear and there wasn’t any shilly-shallying so I said okay. They showed me various things and color combinations, so that end of the bathroom matched the rest of the bathroom perfectly.

I purchased the wall and the bathtub in the middle of summer and I had the inspection for it yesterday from New Castle County. The bathtub in that bathroom is cast iron enameled and to remove that was not going to be fun. And so, having this perfectly fitted sheet put over was the perfect answer. The installation guy came in the morning about 9:00 AM and by 4:30 in the afternoon it was in and done. My people have seen it and they said it’s wonderful. They asked where I got it and I told them. I found out what I wanted in Bath Fitter, the company gave it to me and they put it in efficiently. It looks beautiful and I’m very happy with the product.

Hi Lois,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with your new Bath Fitter. We're very proud of our efficient and hard-working team. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you for the 5-star review Lois, enjoy your new bathroom!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We wanted to remodel a shower and we knew there were two companies in the area that did remodeling work so we checked out both of them. We called an 800 number and then Bath Fitter called back and their sales rep came and showed us how their product worked, what the installation would involve and then gave us an estimate. The estimate was what we thought it would be. We had them put in an insert and then we got some shelves and grab bars and the new doors recently. The installation guys were very professional and extremely skilled in what they were doing and they did a beautiful job.

The issue we had was they gave us an estimate and they wanted to close the deal right away. I told them they're the only people I've talked to, so they had offered a discount if we close right away. We thanked them but we also told them that we wanted to have more than one estimate. So, it was kind of a back and forth thing. In the end, we wound up getting it through them and we got the discount but there was a lot of finagling.

Hi Alvin,

Thank for the wonderful review! We're happy to hear you're satisfied with the installation process and your new Bath Fitter. Enjoy your new bathroom! Thank you for the 5-star review Alvin.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We wanted to straighten up our old and drab place a little bit and purchased a tub from Bath Fitter. Their sales reps were knowledgeable. Their installers were nice and they didn’t hesitate to answer any questions I asked in everything that they did. They put in shelves and a grab bar and the installation was done in one day. I’m extremely satisfied.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the awesome review! We're so happy to hear you were satisfied with your installation and new Bath Fitter. Enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Bath Fitter's product was phenomenal and their salesman was outstanding. He talked to us for two and a half hours, and he knew what he was talking about. It has been three months now since we had Bath Fitter turn our tub into a shower. We also got the shelves, the seat, and the handrail. I'm very happy and we absolutely love the product. It was quite expensive but it was worth it.

Hi George,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear your love your new Bath Fitter product. We're super proud of our hardworking and efficient team! Enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The salesman told us they would repair the wall before placing their paneling on which was an additional 400$. They didn't! They covered up water damage and black mold. It's not seamless. Matter of fact there are are two seams. The window molding doesn't reach the end of the ledge leaving a 1 in. water trough for water to lay in. That's not even mentioning the unrepaired hole in the wall of the neighboring bedroom.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for expressing your concern and bringing this to our attention. We are reaching to schedule the service call and attempted to reach you. If you could give us a ring back in store to schedule the appointment at your earliest convenience, that would be fantastic. Our location is Bath Fitter of Edmonton and our phone number is 780 413 9513. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Our new walk-in-shower, with details suited to handicap access, was installed just a couple of weeks ago, and it was done well. The Bath Fitter was the neatest worker on a big in-house project that we have ever had. The shower fits well into the bathroom and into our lives. We appreciate the Bath Fitter process and the product.

Hi Virginia & Jerry Heslinga,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Bath Fitter installation! Please share photos on our social channel! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Virginia and Jerry Heslinga! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I talked to a few people that were doing some remodeling in our home. If I want it done, I want it done right so, I called Bath Fitter. The sales rep explained everything. Then, we got the tub, grab bars and the shelves. The installer did an excellent job and it took him about 10 hours to finish the installation. I'm very happy with it and my wife is very satisfied. I would recommend anyone who's looking to have a bathroom remodel to give them a call.

Hi Larrie,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you are satisfied with your new Bath Fitter and your installation process went by quickly and efficiently. Thank you for the 5-star review. Enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

So we had Bath Fitter come out and talk to us about our bathroom and we decided that we were going to go ahead and do it. So we scheduled the appointment and on that day I fell asleep and didn't hear the door. 2 hours later they finally got a hold of me and the installer came back out to my house to do my bathroom. His name is Tyson. He is the best employee I think Bath Fitter has. He is so nice and he does absolutely spectacular work. He cleans up his mess, he make sure that everything is in line and he deserves a raise. He does a lot to make sure that the customers are happy. I number one will be raving about this for a long time. Thank you Tyson for all the work you put into this, you made my bathroom beautiful!

Hi Marsha,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear your installation process went well! We're very proud of our hardworking and attentive team. Thank you for the 5-star review. Enjoy your new bathroom Marsha!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We received quotes from a few companies before we determined which company to go with. Bath Fitter's price was a little better than the other ones and I like that they have a lifetime warranty so we went with them. Their sales rep was very nice, knowledgeable in the products and walked us through everything. We had a tub removed and a shower put in. The installer was also nice and got the job done in two days. There was a quick hitch with the inspection from the township, but they immediately came back down and corrected it, so it was good. So far, it's been an enjoyable experience. They were quick, helpful, and the product was installed well.

Hi James,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so thrilled to hear your installation experience went by quickly and you had a knowledgeable sales rep. Please share photos on our social channels! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter James!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We had our old tub that we needed to replace. We didn't have a shower. We liked what Bath Fitter had and that they could come and install it in a day and a half. We also liked the salesman. He was great and explained everything really well. The installers were wonderful, very considerate, cleaned everything up and did a great job. We got the shower and a shelf installed. We have a weird bathroom but they were able to figure it out and they built a wall. We didn't have to mess around going to several different people. Everybody that we talked to was fantastic and made it really easy. The shower is really neat. My husband has a bad back and he can't bend over. Now, he has his walk-in shower with the control's right there, so he loves it. I was at an affair and I walked by another Bath Fitter's guy. I said to him that I got Bath Fitter and he said not to forget the lifetime warranty.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy you had a satisfying experience with your Bath Fitter installation, please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Sandra! Enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'm happy with my experience with Bath Fitter. I spoke to one of their employees at BJ's store. Then I decided to have someone come out to house and talk to me. I like the way they presented their information and I didn't feel any pressure from anybody I talked to. They gave me information, answered my question, and left me to decide what I needed to do. I made my purchase in May of this year. My bathroom had a tub and I still have that so they enclosed that and finished the other walls. That was what I had done.

The installation was done in June. The installation team that Bath Fitter sent out were very polite and very oriented to doing the job at hand. I felt comfortable having them in my home. There were probably a few more options I might have purchased and had installed if I'd had a chance to look over other products and options that they offer but I'm satisfied with what I did.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience with Bath Fitter, please share photos on our social channels. Thank you for the 5-star rating, enjoy your new bathroom Helen!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Love your Bath Fitter product. We have had at least half a dozen installed in our older apartment building. I think the time between ordering and paying deposit and the install should be quicker. At times we have had to wait 9 weeks or longer for installation. So even though it gets installed in one day, often painting and renovations are long finished and tenants have already moved in.

Hi John,

Thank you for the awesome review! Please share photos on our social channels, thank you once again for the 5-star review John!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I was extremely pleased with the bathtub that Bath Fitter's installed in my bathroom. The workers were totally professional, they came on time, they cleaned everything up after they were finished and there was little or no inconvenience to me while they were working. I would totally recommend them to anyone who is considering changing out their bathtub. It was all done in one day.

Hi Charlene,

We're so happy to hear that you are extremely pleased with your new Bath Fitter! Thank you so much for the awesome review. Feel free to share photos on our social channels. Thank you again Charlene :)

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The installer was excellent and he cleaning up behind his self and did it in one day and now I am enjoying my new tub. Love it. It has added a new look to my bathroom. All my friends love it. It was a lot of money but it is worth it. For anyone that can afford one I would say get one and enjoy it.

Hi Arleatha,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Please share your photos with us on our social channels! Thank you for the 5-star review and enjoy your beautiful bathroom Arleatha!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased a shower stall from Bath Fitter and the quality is excellent. The installers were great workers and they cleaned up after themselves. It was an excellent experience.

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience with Bath Fitter. Please share photos on our social channels! Enjoy your new bathroom Peter!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We had a good experience with Bath Fitter. Their sales rep was very good and professional. Also, the person that did the installation was very knowledgeable. The whole thing was fast and convenient. I would recommend them.

Hi Abby,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear your installation experience was fast and convenient. We're very proud of our professional and efficient team! Please share photos on our social channels. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter Abby!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Bath Fitter looked like a reputable company. Their sales rep was very personable and the gentleman who came to do the final measuring explained everything. They were fairly straightforward with the process of installing the bathtub too. Their installer explained everything to me and cleaned up after. We also had a soap dish holder and two corner shelves and doors put in. It looks beautiful. They did a wonderful job and met our expectations. If we ever decide to do our other bath, we’ll probably call Bath Fitter.

Hi Betsy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you had positive experience with Bath Fitter. Enjoy your new bathroom Betsy! Thank you once again for the 5-star review :)

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I’m a real estate investor, and when I renovate a price of property, I need everything done on time. Bath Fitter usually get the installation done in one day, so I went with them. I also look at longevity, and their products hold up good. They've also done more than one project for me. I was happy with the first installation that's why I called them again. Even if I've used them before, their rep still told me all the incidentals. They came and were really good. I did a shower, so they took the old tub out and they put a shower base in it, and the walls around. They also put all new faucets. They replaced all the plumbing, which is a big thing for me. I have one coming up next year too and I'll call them again. I recommend them to friends of mine who are also investors because they look for the same set-up.

Hi Stan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear your positive experiences with Bath Fitter and thank you so much for recommending us to your friends! Please share photos on our social channels.Thank you once again Stan!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Bath Fitter sales reps were very cordial and explained everything. When the person came to our house to go over the contract, tell us what we would be receiving for our money and when they would do it and how they would do it, they were very good and professional. One man came to do the installation. He was very courteous. He did his job and cleaned everything up. Everything went accordingly, and we didn’t have any problems with it. We were all pleased.

Hi Elinor,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you were pleased with your installation, we are super proud of our efficient and hard workers. Thank you for the 5-star review Elinor. Enjoy your new bathroom!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We had a bath put in at our house in July by Bath Fitter. They had done an installation at my parent’s beach house a few years back. We made up our minds that they were the right choice after we saw their reputation and saw an actual finish product of what they had done. The gentleman who came out was very informative, walked us through all the steps and pulled out all the samples. He took his time to explain everything to us which was a big thing for me. I did my due diligence on what's out there and I don't just need a sales guy coming, and trying to sell a product. But he wasn’t trying to pull any rollover my eyes and such a time, they informed us about Bath Fitter and their products.

I felt bad that I wasn't around when they installed it, but my wife was extremely thrilled that the gentleman was there on time and even a little early which is always good. He also had a supervisor, my five-year-old son, standing over his shoulder during the full installation with a lot of questions and a lot of discussions about transformers and everything else. He was very good to deal with him and talked with my son. My son is very intuitive and likes to see different things. He saw the guy tried to get a great job and we appreciated it. We're happy with the installation, how it turned out and it was what we are expecting.

Hi Brian,

Wow thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so thrilled to hear you had a positive experience during your Bath Fitter installation! Thank you for taking the time to write out this awesome review, we hope you share photos on our social channels! Enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Discouraging sales rep. We signed up for a free home estimate with a 10% off if we chose Bath Fitter. We told them we were quite away from Wichita, but the gal at the fair said it would be no problem. The sales rep called the day before the appointment and said they really don't like to travel out our way, so he quoted me a completely unreasonable amount without seeing either of our bathrooms. I guess to me, if you are going to say you will come to our house then call the day before and act like we are an inconvenience, maybe you shouldn't be at the fair offering "free estimates".

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anne, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you telling us about your experience and will be sure to communicate your message to your local branch.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I am having a problem with the faucet in the shower installed by Bath Fitter. I called them and was told there would be a $75.00 service fee on a product I was promised to be "lifetime warranty." Very upset with this company. When I have my second bathroom done it WILL NOT be with Bath Fitter!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you for reaching out. Our corporate office has been in communication with your local branch and received confirmation that they came out to resolve your issue. Thank you so much for letting us know about your concern and allowing us to make it right.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The Bath Fitter sales reps were awesome. My husband talked to their installation team and they were very nice. They were all very professional. Everything was excellent and I would recommend them to anybody.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear your experience went well and you'd recommend us to anyone. Please share photos of your bathroom on our social channels. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Going with Bath Fitter meant the tub was done in a day. The process was easy. I purchased the famous wall and tub liners three or four months ago and their sales rep was knowledgeable. Then, the installation was quick and the finished product was a lot nicer than what I had.

Hi Autumn,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We're so thrilled to hear how easy and quick your experience with Bath Fitter was! Please share photos on our social channels, enjoy your new bathroom! Thank you once again for the 5-star review.

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Our neighbor used Bath Fitter and her bathroom was absolutely beautiful. We liked its seamless walls and how it went all the way up to the ceiling. When we asked her when she had it done, she said it was 10 years ago but it looked like it had been done recently. Bath Fitter also had a lifetime warranty and that’s a huge factor for us. We purchased from them a tub with the subway tiles. The sales rep was great, came on time and was very informative. After we signed the contract, I changed from all subway tiles to a new decorative one because I bumped into a friend from years ago and she just had her tub done by Bath Fitter. She let me see it and I loved the new pattern so I made that switch and another switch. The rep was very helpful and got back to me.

James, the guy who installed the tub, was amazing too. He did the best caulking job we've ever seen. Someone else installed a sink for us but I'd love to have James back to do the re-caulk because he was such an expert. He completed the job in one day and we were very happy with the result. I called Bath Fitter about the clear tile bar that doesn't line up with their quality though. The tile bar is like a clear tube and they may want to change that to make it more a solid, sturdy looking one because there's a little plastic thing that holds the tile. Other than that, we would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to everybody. Although they’re a little pricey, the lifetime warranty gives a peace of mind and helps with the value of the home. The quality of the work is great too, top quality.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience with Bath Fitter! Please share photos on our social channels. Enjoy your new and beautiful bathroom!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was very happy with my experience with Bath Fitter. I’ve seen their commercials but I also checked them out on the internet to make sure before I get them to do the remodel about six months ago. I did a little research on Better Business Bureau and also had some prices done up and Bath Fitter was about right in the middle. They were excellent people and personality has a lot to do with my decision too.

I had a pleasant experience with the lady who came to the house to tell us about Bath Fitter. She understood that we were doing this because of the fact that my mother-in-law had moved in with us, and we needed to take my tub out and put a shower in. She worked with us about having grab rails. Another gentleman came and did the measurements and then a third gentleman came to actually do the installation. He did the touch-up, last minute stuff then it was done. The bathroom was not tied up at all, either. Any time we needed to use the bathroom, he stepped out and it was able to be used. They were all very nice and I recommend them highly. I was very happy with the quality, the way they did it and how quick it was. They had it done in two days. If I ever have to have bathrooms put in, I would have Bath Fitter do it again.

Hi Conrad,

We're so happy to hear you had a satisfying experience with Bath Fitter. We're thrilled to hear that our wonderful team was so hardworking, professional and efficient. We appreciate the time it took you to leave this review and hope you share photos with us on our social channels! Enjoy your beautiful bathroom!

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2017

This morning Rebecca called to apologize for not calling and advised she would get the issue resolved. Within four hours, Tom, a senior technician with Bath Fitter, was at our home and completely resolved the issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Don’t be fooled like we were. Bath Fitter does not stand behind their installation and provide a “lifetime warranty.” Our $8,000 Bath Fitter shower was installed at the end of July through their corporate office in Lewisberry, PA. In September, the light bulb in the shower light needed replaced. I went to remove the metal ring around the shower light but found the screws were screwed in at different angles to get them to fit. I was eventually able to remove the ring. I was very disappointed to see that there were multiple holes drilled in the shower ceiling around the ring. It appears the installer drilled holes, found they were misplaced, and drilled more holes. But those holes weren’t correct either so he made those holes even larger. And when that didn’t work, he screwed them in at odd angles to get them to fit.

I called Bath Fitter’s corporate office to express my disappointment and ask for the installer to return to fill the unnecessary holes with color-matching caulk, and drill holes with correct placement. I was forwarded to Pam but had to leave a voicemail. A day or so later, I received a call from Rebecca in Warranty Service. I explained the situation. She said she had to request the installation file and would call me within a day or two. I never heard back. So I called Warranty Service and spoke to Conrad. Conrad said I needed to speak with Rebecca but she wasn’t available. He took a message and said he would have her call me by 4:30 that same day. As of today, still no call back.

Unlike other Bath Fitter reviews posted here, who have had water leaks behind their walls, incorrectly installed shower doors, and faucets falling off, this is a cosmetic issue (for a shower that cost our family $8,000). Thankfully we have not yet experienced the same major issues like many others. In my opinion, if this lack of response is typical for Bath Fitters, their “lifetime warranty” has absolutely no value and should not be considered when comparing Bath Fitter with other shower or bathtub replacement companies who truly do stand behind their installation and products.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ken, thank you for reaching out and expressing your concern. Our corporate has been in touch with your local branch, who has reached out to you to address your issue right away. Thank you again for reaching out and letting us assist you!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had a new shower install years ago (2013). I had no complaints until I began to get mold, leaking in my shower door, and break down of some of the parts. Bath Fitter actually took out the shower and installed a new one to my surprise because the original was not installed correctly. Yet, the silicon deteriorates quickly so I'm wondering if it is pure silicon or a mix that doesn't hold up. Two, I called and now am put through to a scheduler who requests photos -- I sent them -- but now a week and no callback.

Also told they are charging for silicon issues because "no silicon lasts forever." The fee is $125.00 for a home visit. Ads indicate all you need to do is wipe the shower down --not true -- it takes constant maintenance and you will get mold in the silicon they use regardless of how much you maintain the shower. Sorry but the lifetime warranty has now become a chore. Finally, I think a management change has taken place since everything is an 800 number and no local connections. Very disappointed and will not make referrals like I used to do.

Hi Clyde,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concern. Our corporate team has forwarded this message to your local branch so that they can address the issue. Thank you again for letting us know and allowing us to help you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

There was a Bath Fitter ad in a Sunday supplement in the paper. I called them and the sales rep came out and explained the program and how it works. He told me what he had and what it cost and how to get it financed. It was easy enough sitting here at the kitchen table with a telephone. We had a complete shower stall installed about three months ago. They took out the bathtub and put the shower in. The installation guy was nice and efficient. He didn’t mind me watching what he was doing and put down the drop cloths from the front door all the way to the bathroom. It took him a day and a half to get it all fixed like it's supposed to be, then hauled away everything.

We like it, we enjoy having it and we are very well-pleased with it. I'm very satisfied with them. Everything went as it was supposed to go. The only thing I really don't like is the nutty showerhead they got on there. It is one of the water-saving adjustable things that go different like massage and whatever speed you want it to go. I like something a little more powerful than that. I'm thinking of taking that one off and putting one on that I like.

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear how satisfied and pleased you are with your experience! Please share photos with us on our social channels! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter :) Thank you once again for the 5-star review Robert!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Called 800 number 3 times, no return call. Went to business address, 2pm on a Friday, no one there. Called number on door. 3 days later got a call from staff who exhibited an arrogant attitude and was angry because I complained about lack of calls. She suggested "maybe another company would be better." Had no interest in giving me information to make a decision with.What poor treatment.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, thank you for reaching out. Our corporate team has been in touch with your branch and we are happy to hear that you have an apointment scheduled for this weekend. Thanks again for contacting us and letting us address your concern.

Bath Fitter Company Information