Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for writing about your positive experience! We're so happy to hear that it still looks like new 20 years later--however if there ever was an issue, our lifetime warranty provides lifelong satisfaction! Thanks again for sharing your story and the kind words about our professional and efficient staff. We hope that you share photos on our Facebook page!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Best experience with Bath Fitter-professional, on time, hard working, clean after job was done. Both bathrooms now look great and clean. We used Bath fitter 20 years ago at another property and it's still holding up. A little pricey but cheaper than a total bathroom redo!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for writing. We are so happy that you are thrilled with our work, especially since customer service and customer satisfaction are our main proiorities. Thanks for your kind words regarding our knowledgeable and patient staff--our effiencient installers can complete the job in as little as one day! Thanks again for taking the time to write about your positive experience!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

When we realized that we needed to get our mother a walk-in shower, I went on the website for Bath Fitter. I saw their number and made the call. The sales representative was very good, very personable, knowledgeable and gave a very nice presentation. We enjoyed him. He was not high-pressured at all. The installation man told us that it could possibly take two days. So we took my mother to our house in Pennsylvania. Then they called and said it was already done in one day. But we didn't want to turn around and drive her back the very next day as she's 93 years old. My brother went up and saw it before we did. He called us and said it looks beautiful. When we walked in, it was spotless. We felt very comfortable with the whole process. They made it very easy for us and gave us choices. My mother is thrilled with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Jacqueline,

Wow, thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you love your new tub and we appreciate you taking the time to detail your wonderful experience. We hope you share photos of the final product on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, so that everyone can see the beautiful new tub! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

From Mike ** as our Bath Fitter representative to Dale **, our installer, we received top-notch, professional, quality service & the best possible product. They earned our trust and respect in providing us with our tub to shower conversions. This home improvement greatly enhances our health, safety, and peace of mind, as well as the increased value of our property.

We were doing the whole inside of our home and we got the liner for the walls and bathtub from Bath Fitter about four weeks ago. The overall experience has been easy and seamless. A representative came to my home and showed us what products were available, so we were able to choose what we wanted in a simple cut-and-dry manner. Moreover, the young man that came to install was outstanding and his customer interaction was wonderful. I would recommend him to do installation.

Bath Fitter just completed doing two bathrooms for us, and we couldn't be happier. From Luke our salesman, to the installers David and his partner, they did both jobs in two days. Very professional and cleaned up after they finished, and they were early getting to our house both days. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

We had a leaking bathtub and we wanted to convert to a shower. We had Bath Fitter to remodel our bathroom and we're extremely satisfied. The reps were also very respectful and answered all of our questions while the installers kept our house very clean and were really reliable. Everything went perfect.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing. Your concerns have been brought to the attention of corporate customer care and further discussed with your local office. If you have anymore concerns or needs, please feel free to contact customercare@bathfitter.com and we will make sure our customer care team addresses them.

Thanks again

Original review: June 20, 2016

Took off work today and stay at home for the whole day to wait for appointment. I called TWICE this morning and at noon to CONFIRM my appointment because NO ONE shows up. The person who picked up the phone told me to KEEP WAITING. Late afternoon, somebody finally called me and told me that they have made some terrible mistakes in their scheduling and have to reschedule the visit. THANKS for letting me wait for NOTHING. No complaints about the sales person, who is actually very nice. BUT the person who picked up the phone should at least CHECK with your colleagues before telling me to KEEP WAITING for NOBODY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

We called Bath Fitters last Tuesday to make an appointment to have our tub re-caulked and a new shower rod installed. Our guy, Jeff, called us before noon on Wednesday. He came to fix us up on Friday! Great service! Our tub and enclosure looks brand new. Thanks for the great job Jeff and Bath Fitters!

We purchased the house and thought that the bathroom was losing its color so we were finding a way to get that done. Bath Fitter seemed like a good product and we decided to go with them for remodeling because of their cost and how they stand behind their equipment. Their rep was perfect. He explained everything well and did the measurements. There was no pressure. The installer was also good. He came then he explained everything that was going to happen. And the time that he said he was going to be finished, he was finished. He was here all weekend and did everything according to the plan. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to a friend. They were very professional. We love the completed job and everything is still holding up well.

We've had a new shower tub installation by Bath Fitter about two months ago. We went with them because of the quickness in which the installation was done. The installation team told us exactly what they were going to do and got the installation done within the time frame that they said that they were going to, and cleaned up. Overall, they have been helpful, very professional, and executed everything that they said they were going to.

I needed to remodel my bathroom and I got Bath Fitter's shower with the glass doors, handicap bars, all the seat and other stuff. I've seen their advertisement, heard about them at a sportsman show up in Oaks, Pennsylvania, and they’ve been around for a long time, so they must be good. Their sales representatives and mechanics were very good too. They did a great job and solved all the problems we had with our old house that was built in 1878. That wasn’t easy. The installers were really great and fantastic, and I even called their office to tell them that. It has been 60 days now since we made the purchase, and our experience, overall, was very good.

I inquired about Bath Fitter at a trade show and they sent out a friendly person to look over our needs. We decided to have Bath Fitter install a new tub/shower and it was completed in much less time than they estimated and at a very reasonable cost compared to a whole new tub and shower. The installation took less than 6 hours and there was hardly any interruption to our routine on the day of installation which had to be done on a Saturday, that were able to accommodate our request without hassle. I am considering doing the other showers in our house, and would recommend them to anyone. They do a great job and the quality is second to none, no kidding!!!

It's been years that we've known Bath Fitter. They had a little station up at our local mall and every time we drove by, I said, "Well, that's interesting." I'm a deliberating person. So, finally, we walked by and they got the information. They came and made the appointment to come out to the house. Bath Fitter's sales professional was wonderful. He went through all the material types and why they use this and why they did that, and was very informative. I'm usually a question person who always ask "why" and "what happens if" and he explained everything upfront. Then the first guy came in and did all the measuring for the tub. He explained and reiterated everything the salesman had said and I was very comfortable the whole while. I usually get very nervous with a big item but I was reassured all the way. Then the installer made the appointment, showed up on time and was also wonderful.

Moreover, they have a lifetime warranty. They're reasonably priced, I was pleasantly surprised of the pricing, especially since they're offering that lifetime warranty. Right now we have a carpet up in our bathroom that came with the house that was built in the 1890s so we were thinking of pulling up the carpet and putting down tiles on the floor. And they said "When you do that, please call us. We will come out, free of charge and we will seal around the bottom of the tub and around so you don't have to worry about water leaking up underneath there." The installer even said "Yes, you can do it yourself. But it's just as easy to have us do it. It takes just a few seconds. We'll come out and do it in no expense." I also called them one time because I had a question, they answered it and it was great.

Sales representatives were knowledgeable and helpful. Did not attempt to oversell. They listened to us. Installation was prompt, professional, courteous, and neat. We had an acrylic tub replacement and walls done, and we are extremely pleased with the finished product. We had three estimates and Bath Fitter was the best deal.

We wanted a shower instead of a tub so we had our bathroom remodeled by Bath Fitter. The installer was very easy to approach and he was excellent.

On June 13 2016 we had a bath tub and walls installed by Bath Fitter and the installer was Josh. He called before he arrived and on time. We are extremely pleased with his work. He put down a runner to protect our carpet and asked where we wanted the safety bars installed. He was very professional and cleaned up and even washed the window in our bathroom. I would certainly refer family and friends to Bath Fitter.

When we were looking to redo the bathrooms, we looked at Bath Fitter and got a tub unit and a shower unit from them. One of the bathrooms was a new tub, and it was a complete rebuild. The Bath Fitter sales guy was great. He was a typical promise-the-world sales guy. The installation guy was nice, he knew what he was doing, and he was very respectful of our house. The quality of work was very good, and it was finished quicker than anticipated.

The only thing is the lack of communication. Some of the stuff that the salesman told us didn’t exactly line up with what we were told once we signed up and got into the ordering and scheduling phases of the project. As an example, they had to come out and measure which is understandable, and the salesman said they can come out anytime and they can work with our schedule. However, when they called to schedule, they said they work from 8 to 4. We told them it's not going to work and we are going to cancel the job, but then they said they can work with us. That was a little disappointing.

Also, the lead time on materials was a little longer than anticipated. The estimated eight to 10 weeks ended up being more than 12, which was a little bit more than we anticipated. Scheduling the actual install was also a little frustrating. They said it would take three to four days, and then it became three and then they ended up doing it in two. There’s a time commitment on the line on that. In fact, they also said they don’t work on holidays and weekends. We wanted to take advantage of holidays, a three-day weekend, so we took off work and we're sitting at home on a Friday with no work going on in the house. The final product is great. The installation guy walked me through it. Even the guy that came out to measure once we got scheduled explained what he’s doing and why. He kept us up to speed in the process - all the documentation, the care, and maintenance. All that was fine, but the initial meeting could use a little improvement.

Our experience with Bath Fitter was very informative and painless. We had gone to a home show in Allentown and met up with them. They're the first one that we had talked with and we decided at that moment that's what we had wanted to do. The installation was seamless and only took a day and everything seemed to go along okay. The installer explained everything to me and I was happy with his work. However, we have not used that tub and shower since that bathroom's still in the process of having a new floor. We intend to use that until the whole thing's complete.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2016

I was contacted by the new manager, Jimmy ** and he came to my home with a tester tub cover which fit perfectly. We scheduled an appointment for installation and it has been completed and I am happy. It was a shame I had to go through all the problems and was initially told they didn't have a mold to fit my tub but Jimmy did come through for me and I am now very happy with the product.

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out and informing us of this. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and would like to help resolve the situation. Our corporate customer care team has been contacted and have notified us that they will contact your local branch to address your concerns.

Original review: June 13, 2016

I had Bath Fitter come out and give me an estimate on 3/30/2016. Wayne showed up and did the measurements. Was very professional and personable. I accepted the bid he offered of 1550.00 and I signed the contract that night and signed up for credit. Later in the evening they had another gentleman come and measure the tub again. I didn't hear anything for a week and called and spoke to Samantha who orders the tubs. She explained that because of my tub size they would need to try two different test tubs and it would take 3 weeks to order. I never heard back and called them 3 weeks later 4/22/16. I was then told my order had been canceled by the Branch Manager (Rick). I had never canceled the order so this was a mistake. Samantha was very apologetic and gave me a 250.00 credit on my order and was told it would take another week.

Again no one called me so I started calling and got someone on 5/4/16. I called my salesman, Wayne, who called me back and explained that the depth of my tub was an issue and that they don't have a mold that will fit and that he was told they would not make one, even though I had already signed the contract. He did some research and said they could replace the tub but in a mold covering the tub and the walls for 3800.00, which is not what I wanted because my walls were just professionally tiled and I love the look. I don't want to cover them, just the tub. I was left very disappointed and with no resolution for my tub. I believe that they should have made a new mold to fit my tub but was told that was not an option so they canceled my contract.

We had one bathroom with a shower and a tub with a shower done by Bath Fitter and it looks very good. Installers were efficient, neat and they wore something on their shoes so they wouldn’t bring the mud in. However, they forgot one ring around the light. We’ve been calling them and they'll come tomorrow to put that in. Other than that, everything was fine and they did a good job.

Bath Fitter's price for the shower liner was a little better than the others. However, I was promised by the salesman that I would get a warranty card in the mail and I've never gotten one. I don't like being told something and not happen. We're also trying to sell our house and I would like to have that warranty card to show for.

We needed to upgrade our shower because the wall was caving in and we thought maybe Bath Fitters could help. I was not impressed with the sales representative. He made a great pitch. However, when the actual installer came, we found out the reality of it. The sales rep that came out said, "Oh, there might be some water damage behind it. Don't worry, the Bath Fitters will come and they will take care of all of the water damage and everything." We thought, "Okay. That's great. Let's go ahead and do it." So, when the actual installer came, he told us that unless it is pertaining to them fitting in the product, they do not take care of any of the water damage.

Thankfully, we didn't have any water damage and didn't have more worries but it could've gone bad. It almost amounted to false advertising, where the sales rep is promising something which the installer cannot deliver. We were a bit annoyed with what was going on. I really wish that the sales rep would have been honest about what entails fitting in a Bath Fitter product rather than giving us a spin, trying to sell no matter what issue is. I would still recommend them though but I would just have a caveat saying, "ask thousands of questions because of what the sales rep told us and what the reality was, were different."

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing and letting us know about this. We apologize for the inconvenience and take your feedback very seriously. Our corporate customer care team has been sent this review and is already in the process of contacting your local branch to address your concerns immediately. Should you have any further concerns, please feel free to email customercare@bathfitter.com.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I honestly would not recommend Bath Fitter to anyone. I have had the worst experience from the start. My wife and I had a bathtub/surround installed. We initially thought it was a great job. Looks can be deceiving. They say installed in a day but you cannot use the tub for 24 hours for obvious reasons. The installer took 10 hours to install (Friday) so we could not use the tub until Saturday night. Then during the week, we typically take showers.

That following weekend, my wife decided to take a bath. When she did that, she noticed a couple of issues. The bathtub enclosure did not seal to the wall so there was an obvious bend. There were also multiple areas where the caulk did not seal to the tub so the bottom of the enclosure could be seen. There were multiple areas where glue was left on the enclosure. They also caulked the tub to the floor which was smeared. Then when my wife drained the tub, the water poured down onto our ceiling in the living room. We contacted Bath Fitter immediately and they sent out a plumber who stated the installer neglected to put an extender on the drain so the plumber did and resealed it.

Then the following week, Bath Fitter sent out another installer to reseal the tub. He just caulked the areas and said they would most likely have to pull the whole enclosure off and restart from scratch. We had to reschedule again. Between the plumber and the installers, we are going on visit #4. A week later, 2 Installers came out. Per the manager on the phone, a manager would come out with a contractor/painter to assess the damage and make sure this install is ok. Neither manager or painter came, just the 2 initial installers. About 30 minutes into the install, one of the installers said he had to go, he had a family emergency but Bath Fitter would send someone out. The one with the emergency stayed until his replacement came. But while he was here, he decided to cut the enclosure. The problem with this, he cut it all wrong.

After several hours of Bath Fitter being here, the 2 installers came down to apologize to let us know the error that was made. They attempted to call corporate but there was not another enclosure that matched ours. Because of this, they would reimburse us $400 from the 3400 already paid. So not only do we have ceiling damage, we have this poorly cut bathroom that we had to wait another 2 weeks before getting installed. All the while, changing our work schedules to be here.

Visit #5, new installer and the painter. So far the install is fine. it has only been literally 5 minutes. I will let you know tomorrow when I can actually use the tub, but the painter -- what a joke. We were told on the phone that the painter would paint the entire ceiling because if you paint just one area, it would be noticeable. I guess no one told the painter. He came in and asked us if we had the ceiling paint. We were like WTF! Then he started to scrape the ceiling to get a sample to match the paint. He left to do that, came back, and put some paint on the ceiling. He said that wouldn't work which was quite obvious. He then scraped more paint, left, repeated. Again, not a match. All the while I am thinking "Why is he color matching if he is supposed to do the entire ceiling?"

Anyway, attempt #3. He went to the ceiling on the opposite wall by our front door. He then takes a chisel and hammer and hammers out a chunk of ceiling. Seriously? He was like, "Need to get a correct match." He really had to take a chunk of ceiling??? When he came back, he filled in the hole, very poorly I might add, painted the water-stained ceiling and left. So now we have a bright area of painted ceiling and still an obvious hole in our ceiling.

Again, this has been our worst decision ever!!! We have had to make multiple complaint calls only to get partial resolutions, or get one job fixed only to royally mess up something else. For instance, we will have to have our bathroom ceiling repainted as well. The installers scraped up the ceiling from the install and my wife just had the bathroom painted. I did have 3 other individuals interested and we're going to call Bath Fitter until they found out the ordeal my wife and I have had with you. I will say after I called again, they finally made an offer to reimburse us 50% but honestly we should have gotten 100% back. Now we have to miss another day of work because they are going to resend the painter back out at our convenience. Visit #6.

From start to finish, our experience with Bath Fitter was second to none. The replacement was very expensive, but worth every penny, as our shower was replaced in one day with no mess. You would never know that the installer had even been here. He did an amazing job and we are so pleased with the beautiful results.

The bathroom hadn't been remodeled since the '70s and it definitely needed remodeling. Bath Fitter was the only one we entertained any ideas of using and we were pleased with their lifetime guarantee. The installation team was polite and knew exactly what they were doing and answered all our questions. They didn't make a mess and even if they did make, they cleaned up. It was a hard bathroom for them to work on but they were very quick and very pleasant about it all. They've all been very professional and we like the results.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 13, 2016

While Bath Fitter did come and fix what they messed up in the first place. They also reimbursed me for lost rent during the extra week it took to fix the problem. I still wouldn't recommend them or use their service again. They still oversold the job and didn't do everything that was promised by the sales team.

Original review: June 9, 2016

My sales guy Jeff was very nice, but he way oversold what services Bath Fitter actually performs when installing a bath surround. There was rot beside the tub. I was told would be fixed, it wasn't. Otherwise he was very knowledgeable and we went with Bath Fitter over other companies based on this knowledge. Scheduling was a breeze and the unit arrived ahead of schedule. No Complaints. Installation went well, though I was disappointed that much of what I had been sold on getting fixed along the tub edge, wasn't since the surround was cut to the edge of the tub, not beyond it.

However, the next day is when the troubles began. This is a rental unit that I had new tenants moving into. The new surround had already come unattached from the wall, only 1 day after installation. A 18" long seam had popped about 1/2" off the wall and was bowed in the middle. I called in to complain and was told the service manager would get right back to me.

24 hours later still no contact from the service manager so I called to complain again, they told me the service manager would call me back in 30 minutes after they couldn't get him on the phone. 45 Minutes pass, still no call, I call a 3rd time to complain. They finally get the service manager on the phone - he tells me he's busy dealing with another emergency (apparently none of their Ohio crew can install anything correctly) and he'll be over to see the problem in 90 minutes. 4 hours later he shows up... He says and I quote, "I have no idea what's wrong with it, I'll have to put you back on the schedule."

Here we are 2 weeks later and a guy is out to fix it. Don't sell services you don't actually provide. Don't tell people you'll call people and then never call back. 3 calls to get someone on the phone only to have them tell you they have no idea what is wrong. 3 wasted vacation days from work all for nothing. I would never recommend anyone use Bath Fitter ever.

Hello,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. It is our understanding that our corporate customer care team has been in touch with your local branch to address your situation. Please continue to update us on the progress of your installation.

Original review: June 7, 2016

First off, the measurements were taken wrong. We were told that the wall would extend the the ceiling. It did not. Next, scratch on wall, installer had to get new wall. So finally at 10:20 pm, I was told door does not fit, another has to be ordered. Was given a shower curtain. New door will be in in another 4 - 5 weeks. I paid 7k for the fact this would be done in one day. I asked for compensation. I was fed a line that the door needed was a extra 2k but they would eat that cost. Not happy at all. I have two other bathrooms to do, and I will not use Bath Fitter again.

Our installation was a delightful, stress free experience. We expected to have something go "sideways" but were amazed by an extremely professional and friendly installer (Jamaal) who answered all our questions and eliminated any concerns. The unit itself is beautiful and adds a fresh, clean aura to a bathroom that we have enjoyed for over thirty-five years. Should have done it sooner!!!

Following a visit to our local Home Show and a visit from a Bath Fitter sales person we contracted for a replacement shower from Bath Fitter. Work was to take two days and the installers arrived, as scheduled on 5/4/16. Day one was mostly demolition and prep work and installation of the shower pan and plumbing. So far so good. Day two saw the installation liner and fixtures including the glass door. I inspected after the liner went in and, while the joint between the wall and pan was tight at the back wall, both side walls showed gaps of about 1/4". In addition exterior trim work showed similar gaps. The installer said the gaps were "within their tolerance" and proceeded to fill all the gaps with clear silicone. When the installers finished I told them of my dissatisfaction with the work and withheld payment of the contract balance.

After waiting 24 hours for the sealers to dry, I prepared for my first "new" shower only to find the door would not close. I called Bath Fitter and was advised they would have their "expert" come to make adjustments in a week. I meanwhile examined the installation more closely and found the shower pan had been installed considerably out of level thus accounting for the wall gaps and the door problem. When the expert arrived he could not adjust the door to fit and said he needed to order a new and narrower door. That would take another week!

Next visit with the new door he was accompanied by the Branch Manager! The new door did not fit either! Now the Expert and Manager decided the only fix would be to tear out the un-level pan and re-do the installation. This was scheduled for 6/2/16! The day before I received a call from the Manager who said another "Expert" was coming and that they would make the door work and would not require a re-do. This time they got the door to work but, again, after the 24 hr wait the door hangs up in the same place! I am so fed up with trying to get this right - I do not want these people in my home again. Unfortunately every shower I take will remind me of of what an idiot I was to ever get involved with Bath Fitter!!!

I got a tub with the shower head from Bath Fitter. I went with them because people that I've talked to that had remodeling done from Bath Fitter said it was good. All their reps were very knowledgeable. The guy that came to my house was very polite, professional and expedient. Didn’t take a whole lot of time to get the answers I needed. It was a very pleasant experience.

I live in a trailer and it’s too hard to get the bathtub out to put a new one in. I've seen on TV how Bath Fitter just goes right over so I went with them. That’s what they did and it worked out wonderful. Everything was good with my experience with them. The day they were supposed to come in to install, the guy got sick. They called me and said he was coming the next morning. They sent two guys the following day so that they could still get it done ‘cause it was supposed to be originally a two-day deal. The two guys were very good and got everything done in one day.

Even though Bath Fitter were higher in price by a few hundred dollars, their guarantee and work made the difference. We bought a stand-up shower stall from them and they put in an added lip at the bottom. It looks great. Their installation team was courteous and were out in about eight hours. Bath Fitter has been very professional and did exactly what they were going to do, which is what I’m looking for.

Bath Fitter Company Profile