It's that easy Request Information
4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3684 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 3, 2018

We had the tub relined - but not the tile walls. It was difficult to find a company that would install just the tub liner. Installation was very quick and the installer totally cleaned up the bathroom. We're very pleased with the result.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you are very pleased with the results! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: April 2, 2018

A Bath Fitter television ad where they were offering $600 off if you responded within a certain amount of time got me thinking about them. And I chose them because I liked the fact that I'm never going to have to replace any caulk again. The salesperson came right to the house and showed us and told us everything. It was very helpful. After he left, my wife and I got to talking about it and we changed our mind about a couple of things. We contacted Bath Fitter and they were more than happy to change our order for us to what we really wanted.

They removed our old tub and shower and installed a new walk-in shower and the installers did a great job. Bert explained to me the material that they used and how the stuff worked. And they cleaned up the area once the job was completed. It was a little pricey and I ended up spending about twice as much as I had expected to. But I have something that I’m comfy with and that I think is gonna last me and my wife into our retirement. So, overall, I’m pleased.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Martin, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are happy to hear that our team did a great job! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter walk-in shower and thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had Bath Fitter line my tub and put in new shower doors on 02/02/2018. They did an excellent job. It looks really good. In a couple of weeks I noticed that the nonslip surface was turning blue. I called the office in Copiague NY and told the fellow who answered what happened and he said I must have used an unauthorized product to clean it because he never heard of something like this happening. His voice was very condescending. I had spoken nicely to him so that was not called for. I told him it was only a couple of weeks old and that I keep it very clean by wiping the walls with a soft cloth after each shower.

I have not needed to use a cleaning product as yet. I sent them pictures. They sent someone to look at it. He was able to clean it and was very professional and polite. He looked at the products my wife and I use when showering and said he didn't see anything wrong with them. Now it is happening again. I called and left a voicemail the other day and am waiting for a callback. I think the blue is coming from standing on the nonslip surface but I can't be certain.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Christopher, thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us the opportunity to make it right! We have been in touch with your local branch and they told us they sent Jean over to address your concerns. We hope we were able to resolve your situation to your satisfaction as customer service is important to us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: March 29, 2018

My family and I are thrilled with the service provided by Bath Fitter. From our initial consultation to the installation, the company has demonstrated nothing but pure professionalism. In this day and age, Bath Fitter shines as an example in effective communication, efficiency, and how to be considerate of customers' time and property. We will recommend you in a heartbeat.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mythili, it is a true pleasure reading your great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very happy that you and your family are thrilled with the service our team provided! Thanks again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've used Bath Fitter for two bathrooms and found them very efficient, and they do a great job. Very neat and pleasant to deal with and I am very pleased with the result. The salesman was excellent and the installer good and fast - he worked from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. without a break!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Audrey, thank you for 5-star review! We’re glad to hear you trusted us with two bathroom remodels and had a great experience with our sales and installation team. Thanks again for your business and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: March 27, 2018

We are so pleased with our new bathtub and shower - brightens up our bathroom - low maintenance bath surround - also with the safety bar and corner shelf it is so much safer and accessible. Great installer - very knowledgeable and thorough about the Bath Fitter products! Thanks!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diann, we appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us! We’re thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your new bathtub and shower! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Our house is not going to be on the market anytime soon but we had a friend realtor come through and tell us what needed to happen in order to make our house more marketable when we do it. Her primary thing is that we needed to do something different in the bathrooms because even though they’re in good shape, it was like antique fiberglass tub to surrounds in there. We needed to start somewhere and we thought Bath Fitter was a good way to do it because it seemed simple. And a big attraction was the minimum amount of time that it was going to take to redo a bathroom.

When the first man came to give us the estimate, he was very professional, personable, able to answer all our questions, and built a lot of confidence. My husband and I have been in sales most of our lives so we were really impressed by his professionalism and his clarity. He sold us the job. And we were really happy to hear about the custom fitting. The house was built in the 60s, so everything was goofy, tile colors and stuff. Also, nobody has fiberglass anymore. Everyone has plastic in their house. But to me, everything is in great shape although we knew it had a limited shelf life. So, the idea of tearing up the floor in the bathroom and all that was involved was not something I wanted to do. But he was able to reassure us that the way the Bath Fitter worked, they could take out the old fiberglass unit and not have to rip up the floor. And we felt like it was a fair price for what was going to happen.

Bath Fitter has to do very meticulous measurements and a second guy came in to do it. He was excellent, took his time, and was able to reassure me about what needed to happen downstairs. There was a little water damage and he was able to look and see if what that was about so he was very reassuring, very professional, and he built my confidence exceedingly. We were kind of gasping at how much we were spending on this, but I talked to my niece whose brother was a plumber and she had Bath Fitter to her bathroom. That’s a high recommendation that this woman who had a plumber in the family, who I’m sure could have done it for a whole lot less, was like “Nope”. She had been very happy with her thing.

The man who actually came to do the installation came when they said they were going to come which is kind of rare with some. He ripped out our old tub and shower. He knew how to do the carpentry, replace any plumbing that needed to be replaced, and do all the fitting. We liked the idea of that because having done some other DIY projects on our own, we knew we needed somebody that could do it all. He was very workmanlike and he did it quickly. They gave us a certain time when they said it was going to take to make our tub surround and it was done a little bit quicker than we thought. It was installed in November. We were having guests for Thanksgiving and we were like, “Thank god it was done”.

There's a lot of misunderstanding about what the product is because there are so many people around that just come in and fit plastic over your existing tub. So, I like the reassurance that the liner that’s going to fit into the bathroom is specifically built for the house and that the measurements are very meticulous. And it has a custom access, so not just somebody slamming some plastic thing around an old beat up, dirty tub.

Also, I loved that when they open up the wall and if there’s any plumbing that needs to be fixed, they do that. If there’s any of the woodwork stuff that’s showing any damage, they replace all that. And they just didn't do cosmetic things, it was a complete refinishing of what needed to happen in order to make a product last. I know what a nightmare remodeling projects can be but they were very reassuring. We have a second bathroom that we’re going to have to do sometime in the future and we’re certainly going to use them again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and leave us a 5-star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your bathroom remodel! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 23, 2018

We talked to Bath Fitter at the fair. Then they came to the house, talked to us, and we decided to do it. They were the only company that contacted us back and came to look at what we wanted done. They explained what all of the stuff would be like and called us when they wanted to come and measure. Then they came and measured. They also contacted us when they were going to come and put the items in. The installer was fast and cleaned up nice. We did a surround, a chrome bar, and fixtures. The products are good and easy to keep clean. I would recommend Bath Fitter. They were easy to work with and the price was pretty accurate for what we wanted done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darlene, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review! We are very happy to hear about your experience with us and that you would recommend us! Thanks again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I love what Bath Fitter did to my bathroom. I had my tub and shower combination removed, and I had a stand up shower put in. Their sales rep was wonderful. Then we planned on having the items installed by Christmas but we had all these storms. Also, I wanted the best so they had to make a special order for everything I ordered. And when they were going to put the products in, I was going to be on vacation so I wasn’t going to be around. We finally got the installation done sometime the end of January and the installer, Zach, was great. He told me everything he was doing and he was super. I would have him back at my house for anything. I'd recommend Bath Fitter and tell my friends exactly how it worked for me. I'd also tell them that they're welcome to come and look at my bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you love your new Bath Fitter shower! We also appreciate the shout out to Zach, and we’ll make sure he gets the recognition he deserves! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 21, 2018

We were very pleased with the work that our Bath Fitter installer did. He started at 7:30 a.m. and was done at 2:00. He installed one for us the week before and we requested that he come back to do the second one. Our showers are beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi LaVonne, thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you are very pleased with your two beautiful Bath Fitter showers! Thanks again for your business and have a wonderful day.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I was told it wasn't going to pool water. I was told It wasn't slippery, I've had to catch myself from clonking my body & head at least 20 times since installation. Had to have one tile piece reglued all within a year of having it. Installation broke my marble shelf. Make sure you let them know what you don't want to lose. I actually would recommend going to the showroom & also making comparisons with other companies prior to purchasing. Don't take the word of the salesperson who comes to your house. It costs a fortune & is really slippery. Only thing I don't have the mold any longer.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Madeline, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We have shared your information with your branch and they will be in touch shortly to discuss the situation. Thank you!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I love the house we purchased a year ago but the people who owned the house before us weren’t the most honest people in the world. And they spray painted with an epoxy the bathtub. And they told me that they had Bath Fitter come in. But that’s not true. They put before the epoxy setup then put a tub mat in and it hadn’t cured yet, so when one pulls up the tub mat, epoxy came up. It was a horrible mess. And I love my bath. I love to soak in the tub. And I couldn’t do it unless I had a mat in the tub. Otherwise, it was like a permanent rough non-skid. I went to Lowe's and I priced out a bathtub, and I called them to see about installation and they didn’t do installation.

We have a gentleman that does home repairs around the house for us. And I asked him about installing a new tub for me but he didn’t do it and he said, “Why don’t you call Bath Fitter?” So, I figured, what do I have to lose, I’ve got this tub I can’t stand and can’t enjoy. I called Bath Fitter and a guy came out, talked to my husband and I, and the price was right, for the tub and the work. And they said they could have it done in one day. And it wasn’t the overlay that Bath Fitter does. It was removing the tub and putting in a new tub, new drywall behind it, the whole nine yards. I’m going “Okay, if they can do it in one day I’ll be amazed.” Two gentlemen showed up at 7:30 in the morning. One guy was a trainee, and by 3:30 that afternoon, I had a new garden tub, in my bathroom.

That was about a month ago and I love the tub. It's a basic creamy white and glistening tub. Sometimes, I just go in and sit on the ground and stare at it. I’m 70 years old, and I had them put in two grab bars. One on the side and one in the back, and my daughter went, “Mom, ain’t that kind of high for you to get in and out of right now?” It’s high enough that if I can’t lift my leg over, I can sit on the side of the tub, hold the grab bar and swing in. I fill the tub up with hot water and liquid bath salts with lavender, lean back and just soak.

I just haven’t gone out to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a bath pillow for it but it is the best experience. This included new plumbing, new fittings, new shower head, new shower curtain rod. I finally used the shower for the first time and it was amazing. I could adjust it very easily to three different settings. And now, I really love my house. Plus when we or my daughter sell our house in the future, what we paid for the tub increased the value of our house because of the lifetime warranty. They did an excellent job. It was amazing and it worked. My sister had Bath Fitter too. I would’ve done it in my old house as well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us! We are beyond happy to hear that you absolutely love your new Bath Fitter garden bathtub and that your experience with our team was great. Thanks again for your business and have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I recently decided to have a small bathroom “remodeled” and didn’t want to spend a fortune, but at the same time was looking for a quality finished product. I had seen Bath Fitter commercials on TV, so I had an interest in checking them out. The whole entire process from in home consultation to installation of the project was beyond my wildest expectations. Every person connected with the project was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. My installer left me in awe of his professionalism and his skill in completing the project in less time than I had expected. I highly recommend Bath Fitter to anyone considering having a bathroom upgrade. I am beyond pleased with the final product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gregory, it’s a true pleasure to read your great review! We appreciate you taking the time to express how much you loved your experience throughout the whole process – from your in-home consultation to the installation! We’ll make sure to relay this information to our local team so they get the recognition they deserve. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We got a new tub and a tub surround from Bath Fitter a couple of months ago. We decided to see what they could come up with, after thinking about it for some time. The sales representative was here too long and he covered a lot of territory that we weren’t interested in as far as bathroom remodeling. Our interactions with the installation team were very good. One person, who was very pleasant and professional, tried to fit the mold to the tub that we had, but he couldn’t do it, so Bath Fitter had to replace the tub. The installer himself was just one person and he was very good. We like the finished product very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re happy you like the finished product very much! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Everyone was great. The installation went well and is beautiful. But, it is a bit pricey and when you tell the rep that you can’t afford it that should be the end. Overall I felt pushed into this and I hope I can continue to pay my bills.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I wanted to remodel and Bath Fitter sounded very efficient. Their sales rep was very polite and well-informed. I bought a shower surround and a tub from them. One installer got it all done and he seemed to know what he was doing. And I was pleased with it. But the edging around the top of the tub surround was loose. I commented on it that day and he said he needed to tighten it but I noticed it was not. Then I noticed that in putting in the surround, he scraped some of the popcorn. There was a bit of damage to the paint texture. I had a new ceiling put in in the kitchen, so I have the seal and the paint and I'm going to fix that. Bath Fitter was very expensive but still, I'd recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you very much for sharing your review. We've shared your feedback with the local branch and they will be in touch shortly to discuss the edging and any other concerns you've mentioned. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 14, 2018

My daughter recommended Bath Fitter. She had one done. She said it had a lifetime warranty and that they came in and did it and left. And everything was good. I purchased the shower. A rep came by the house and did a consultation. He was very nice and informative. He answered all the questions I had about it. The installer did an excellent job as well. He had it in in a day, but he came back to finish up and put a caulking stuff around it. He had left my shelf at the place. So we had to come back to install the shelf. But a day and a half were all it took him to finish.

However, they really need to put something down that is really not slippery because my daughter’s father-in-law slipped down and broke his shoulder. And then my daughter also said it's really slippery. She had to keep something down there. But they didn’t recommend putting stuff down there. So that would be my only critique of how to improve it. They need to make sure that they had something that’s not slippery especially for older people. I called back to see what my daughter could do and she said they told her that they had some kind of spray stuff, but it would be $348 for them to come back and spray it. And she couldn't afford that. I had to put up one in.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, thank you for the 5-star review and for taking the time to share your experience with us! We take your feedback at heart and we will make sure to relay the information to our team. Thanks again for your business and have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I was extremely pleased with Bath Fitter. From the salesperson, Steve, to the installer, Nick and all the other people I spoke with along the way regarding progress, schedule, additions and other items, everyone was very polite, helpful and professional. The removal of the old tub and installation of the shower took 2 days. The installer was very careful where he placed his tools and materials, protecting my floors with drop cloths and not leaving any messes. After the install my bathroom was not only beautiful, but very clean, as was my carpet. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter. I also thought that the price was very fair.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Hedi, it’s a real pleasure to read your great review! We are thrilled to hear that you are extremely pleased with our team and product. We appreciate the call out and will make sure that Steve and Nick get the recognition they deserve. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter shower and thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 14, 2018

Had installation of tub/shower on Feb 2 when technician noticed there was a part missing from my new shower spout. Said Bath Fitter would call to come out and replace missing screws. (Not even sure why paid extra for the Moen shower kit) Waited two weeks. Nobody called so I called Bath Fitter for one week straight. Took three messages in one week for Christina to call me back. Set up an appointment for technician to come out he said the item was defaulted and needed to order a new one and it should be in in a few days and Bath Fitter would call me to reinstall again. Well guess what. Two weeks again and no word from Bath Fitter. I guess I will try calling them again. They don’t seem to care once they have their money. It is March 14 and still have not used my shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Celia, thank you for sharing your experience and we're really sorry about the situation. We've been in contact with your team and you can expect a call from them today. Thank you!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Had a 6:30 PM consultation on 3/9, I received a call 5 minutes prior to appointment. Representative sounded halfway asleep saying they had to reschedule because the person Scheduled to come out was still at their prior appointment. Appointment was rescheduled for 3/12 at 6:30. At 6:52 still no one so I called Bath Fitter and was put on hold twice for about 10 minutes each time. Representative came back to the phone stating the representative couldn't make this appointment either but I could reschedule. I state no thanks because this is bit of an urgent situation and can’t keep rescheduling. The representative was basically like, "Ok..." Thumbs down and I would never recommend. I will take my business elsewhere.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nicole, we're very sorry to hear about your experience! We are looking into this situation and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I got an estimate from Bath Fitter and Home Depot, and Bath Fitter looked good to me. I bought a whole bathroom set. I had a good experience with the Bath Fitter sales reps. One of them answered all my questions. The installation team did a very good job, too. I’m satisfied with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Praful, thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a good experience with our sales and installation team. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased a shower from Bath Fitter two months ago to update an old shower and their sales rep was very good. They explained and then they went up. The installation team was fine too. It took them two days to install. However, the shower is almost too big and the links of it could have been less. If I had known maybe I would have tried to have gotten a linen closet, but it’s okay. It's 100% better than the one I had which was terrible. It was old and it made noise and I had to wait for half an hour to get the water regulated.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thelma, thank you for sharing your story with us! We’re glad to hear you had a good experience with our team. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter shower and thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 12, 2018

My bathtub was desperately needing attention for well over four years due to the chipping from an applied paint that I put on it when I purchased my home six years ago. After I saw a commercial for Bath Fitter I decided to call and get a free estimate. The salesman was very thorough, friendly and answered all of my questions. He gave me a written estimate the day we met. The only catch that I was disappointed with was that I had to buy into the deal that day to get the discount that was offered in the commercial. I normally like to have a few days to make my decision or look around to compare prices. All in all, I accepted their price and waited for the installation. I now have my new tub and it looks awesome. The installer was professional and did great work. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter for your projects.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joanne, we appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us! We are glad to hear that you had a nice experience with our team and that you love the looks of your new Bath Fitter bathtub! Thanks again you for your business!

Original review: March 12, 2018

We looked at some of the works that Bath Fitter showed on their TV ad and then I happened to see a demo that they had set up at the Shady Maple Farm Market and thought it didn’t look too bad. We called their number and they sent a salesperson out. When he came in, he gave us the usual sales pitch, had all the sample stuff, and gave us various options to do things. I'm pretty satisfied with that and my wife was very happy with it. Also, since we were looking for somebody that could work on our summer place down at the shore in a timely fashion and, with Bath Fitter, it seemed convenient that we didn’t have to get through a whole bunch of extra work to get it done, we proceeded working with them.

One guy came for the installation and I have never seen a guy that was as industrious working as he was. Having had individual contractors do things for me in New Jersey, I knew that you don’t find very many good ones like him. He took the existing bathtub and tiles that were there. He also put new tiles on the walls, a new liner in the bathtub, and new fixtures. We're very happy with the job that was done and it really looks nice. Additionally, I was pleasantly surprised when the installer said that Bath Fitter guarantees everything and if we have any problems all we have to do is call and they will fix it. I would recommend Bath Fitter. It's been two months since our purchase and our experience has been very good. Hopefully anybody else that would contract with them would have the same kind of experience and be lucky enough to get the same kind of installer that we had.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Louis, we appreciate you taking time to share your story with us! We are thrilled to hear that you and your wife are very happy with the job that was done and the way your new Bath Fitter bathtub looks. We strive to provide the best experience possible and we are glad you would recommend us. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: March 11, 2018

The bathtub liner was installed in December. It was a two-day job and I had pretty much let the installer do his thing. But if I nosed around, he would show me what was up. The salespeople had been good too. They explained what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. It wasn’t high pressure.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joseph, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new Bath Fitter bathtub! Thanks again for your business.

Original review: March 11, 2018

What they would do, the time meant for it, and what was all involved made me decide to go with Bath Fitter. We got a walk in shower from them. After I called them, the representative that came out went over some of the process they’re going to do. I felt that was easy to be done because I couldn’t go without that particular bathroom for a long period of time. They gave me a short time window. I really liked it that it was completed in a time frame that I was hoping that would be completed. I just like the process that they had set up. Instead of tearing up my place, they minimize it when they do it up. There were very attentive to the what they were doing, making sure that they kept the place clean as possible.

A customer service representative came out and gave me an overview what it would cost, telling me what the measurement was. Someone else from company came and did the part re-measurement, and he explained everything. He also gave me some alternative I could use that’s most beneficiary and no fuss. We selected the product and he worked with us in the selection. One thing that I regret is I would like to have another corner caddy. I thought two was going to be there but after we signed the contract, they came out and started installing only one. I wanted a corner caddy by the bench they have inside the shower.

The work was very professionally done. Periodically, I walk to the bathroom just to see how far they had come along. While the guys were waiting and bringing the parts in from the truck, one of them went over the project of what they have done, what they are planning on doing, what time they’re going stop working, what time they’re going to come in the next morning. Just things like that, pretty much all I had to do with it. When they got to the point when someone else was needed, one of them said he had another team partner to come in with him, and he was just as good. I didn’t see any change in their professionalism. They were very easy to talk to and were very respectable.

Bath Fitter exceeded our expectations. The things that I thought maybe looked complicated, they didn’t have a problem with it at all. My wife and I were very pleased with their work and their professionalism. I would ask friends to give Bath Fitter a call. For instance, sit down, and explain to the rep what they would like to have done, let him give them an overview of what they would do and how long it would take. The rep can tell the line of the product, how easy it would be to maintain, getting parts each number of years. People can explain it to them where they would understand it, and people would know exactly what they are getting before they even purchase their product. They did an excellent job for me. I have recommended them, and I definitely would highly do so to any person who would contact me about it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, it’s a real pleasure to read your review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We are extremely happy to hear that our local team was able to exceed your expectations and we’ll make sure to let the team know about their great work and professionalism! Thanks you so much for recommending us and for your business. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter walk-in shower!

Original review: March 10, 2018

At Thanksgiving we left our number for Bath Fitter to call us. Christmas we finally heard back from them and met with the sales rep. Even though we felt the cost was extremely high, we agreed that they had what it would take to fix our bathroom so that I could use my bathtub without the chaos and stains that come with a ceramic tub. I have severe back problems and in order to allow me to live without pain medications, I rely on hot baths. Well, they sent a gentleman out to measure one weekday. OK. That was literally 3 months ago now and the day finally came for our installation. Day 2 off work. We were assured multiple times by the salesperson back in December that our tub would be out of commission only one day and maybe 2 IF and he said absolutely only if there were a problem. Whelp. That went down the drain when the technician came and ripped apart the existing plumbing, busted up the tiles and went to try to install the new tub.

The new tub did not fit. Now I am extremely agitated. I called Bath Fitter only to be told that I would need to be called back and it would only take a few moments. An hour and 20 minutes later, I finally give up and call them back again. The lady on the phone apologizes but offers no solutions. When I insisted that something must be done, she passed me off to the manager who again apologized and offered $500 off my installation. Now let me tell you why this offends me. The technician left my bathtub inoperable with no shower and covered up with a black trash bag and glue all over the remaining wall. So now, my back is killing me without a way to soak it as it was my only bathtub. One would think that is upsetting enough, but he left big holes in my wall where he removed plumbing and where do you think that leads to? The crawl space. And a crawl space is not sealed.

Now I went to my bathroom this morning only to see a ROACH crawling into my house from the crawlspace!!! REALLY? And I know for a fact that snakes find their way into crawlspaces during cold weather. I am extremely upset. I am offended. And I am in pain and Bath Fitter thinks knocking of a measly $500 from a project that is projected to be close to $5,000 is sufficient? That is not even considering also that we are now looking at scheduling DAY 3 off of work so they can come and attempt to install the tub again when it is ready. Completely unacceptable. $500 doesn't even cover the time off of work let alone the pain and the bugs from holes in my walls. I will not suggest Bath Fitter to anyone for any project.

Updated on 04/26/2018: This install was a mess up from beginning to end. From the salesman not informing me of all of my options and ordering the plain most basic insert to lying to me about the pressure promised from a showerhead. Next the tech that measured the tub measured it wrong. This means that when the installer came to install the tub, he put holes in the wall to get to the plumbing and covered the existing tub with the black tar and THEN found out that the tub was measured wrong and the bathtub would not fit. This left me with huge holes in my walls leading to the crawlspace for bugs to come into my home (which I personally witnessed). It also left my one bathtub home with NO bathtub and my having a bad back that requires soaking daily.

Now to resolve that problem Bath Fitter offered me $500 off of my $5,000 total. Turns out they couldn't even do THAT correctly. The bill came in yesterday on my credit card and the entire amount was charged. ALL day I have called to speak to someone and seems they have more meetings at Bath Fitter than they do in the White House because the manager won't come to the phone to correct the problem. I am at my wit's end and I am fed up with a company that cannot train its employees OR stand behind its word!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Remona, hope all is well. We wanted to touch base with you as we followed up with our local Bath Fitter branch and they informed us that they have been in touch with you and were able to fix the situation. Customer service is important to us and we'd like to make sure we were able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. Do not hesitate if we can furhter assist you. Sincerely, - the Bath Fitter team

Original review: March 10, 2018

After doing a price comparison and looking at the quality, we got the acrylic one-piece shower from Bath Fitter last month and we love it. We bought the house in October and we found a mold issue behind the shower wall. So they expedited everything for us because we have a three-year-old in the house with the mold. From beginning to end, they were great with us. They answered all our questions and we would definitely use that company again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, thank you very much for your 5-star review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you love your new Bath Fitter shower and that our team was able to accommodate your family in a timely fashion! We’ll make sure to relay this great review to our local team! Thanks again for your business.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I had Bath Fitter's installed in 2007. It was beautiful and loved it. Now 11 years later my tub has lost its shine and a piece of trim has a 2 inch crack on it. When I phoned my local location. I was told the cleaner I was using no longer is approved. So not sure how I'm suppose to know that it was okayed when I started with my tub. So to have someone come and buff it not guaranteed would be over 160.00. The trim is also not covered both things under normal wear and tear. The trim piece would be an extra 69.00 for a piece that probably costs 10.00 to replace. So when they say things are all guaranteed as long as you own the house. Beware they will just soak you some more for an already expensive makeover.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lorraine, we're sorry to hear about your experience and we appreciate you making us aware. We've been in touch with your local team and they will be contacting you shortly to look into this. Thank you!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I posted on the internet that I was looking for two bathrooms for handicapped. I have a prosthetic leg and my other roommate is on a walker. We haven’t had a shower since we moved in. I checked out a couple of people. The first would only do the one bathroom and that wasn’t going to work. We talked to Mark, with the pictures and he helped in figuring the cost and the financial situation ‘becauseI just bought the house. We ended up with two full showers and got rid of both tubs. During the installation they had to start from scratch--from the plumbing, new flooring and new walls. The installers really did a good job. I was very impressed with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Edmond, thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and for your 5-star ranking! We’re happy to hear that our team was able to help you with your bathroom remodels by making it easier for you to enjoy a shower. Thanks again for your business and have a great day!

Bath Fitter Company Information