2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.3/5 (116 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We just had Bath Fitter take out our 20 years old tub and replace it with a walk in shower with sliding glass doors. These guys are amazing. If you call in for a remodel in Indiana ask for Matt ** for a in house consultation and once you are ready to buy and install yours ask for Jerry for install. I wish I could post photos. Jerry left our house clean and didn't leave anything behind. His workmanship was super. The people, the cost, the product and the install is far above anyone else. They did it all in 8 hours. I wish they offered Bedroom Fitter, Kitchen Fitter and Livingroom Fitter. Fantastic job team. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ali, thank you so sharing your great experience and these photos of the process and final product!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Do not use this company unless you want to get a cheap product at a premium price that takes MONTHS to get installed. That whole installed in less than a day thing is a gimmick, not at all accurate they might actually get the work done in 8-12 hours but what they don't tell you even when you ask is that it takes them 60-90 days to actually show up. And even after that the product isn't usable. I am over 90 days on my shower remodel, and it's still not usable. I make calls to the company and they never return my calls. I am fairly convinced they got the sale, and then couldn't possibly care less after that. Terrible product, Terrible Service. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darron, we're sorry to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has not been a positive one. We have passed your message along to our local branch so they can reach out to assist further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter came in and removed my old tub/shower unit and installed a new shower. The work took about 8 hours total and looks great. The price is a little high, but you get what you pay for. They are highly professional and do what they promise. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone. Quick and easy process all the way around.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Blair, thank you so much for sharing your great experience!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Got a free quote to fit a tub, salesperson said he had to cover sidewalls, replace faucet, huge upsell job on his part, my small job was quoted at $3900. What a joke, when I said let's just fit the tub he said by code he couldn't and had the right to refuse to do it, I said, "Fine. I refuse to use your services." The house isn't even that old... Scam central... Avoid at all costs.

Bath Fitter response

Hi CC, We take great pride in our 30+ years experience, our exceptional customer service and our limited lifetime warranty. We would like the opportunity to look into this matter further however we cannot find your information in our system. We have sent you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I got my tub surround about 13 yrs ago. Today I had Josh in to redo the caulking around the tub because it had come out. He was very pleasant, professional and skilled. I would also like to say that he was quite wonderful with my 6 y/o who can be quite the chatter-box. His multitasking skills were incredible. He answered all of her questions, without missing a beat of what he was doing. The job looks great! I must say, I didn't think that I would still be getting the same customer service 13 yrs after the initial install, but I am so impressed! I highly recommend this product and company to anyone who is looking to revamp their bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amber, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Bath Fitter's history made us go with them. Everything they do, they do right. I don’t care how much it costs. We were looking around to see who was gonna do the job, and who could do it right. They know tubs and how to interface them with your existing stuff. And they did a perfect job, too. The sales representative at Bath Fitters was kind, and we had a good and very comfortable interaction.

We purchased a bathtub and the installer was good. He could interface with us, joke around, and still be able to stay at-task. He was one guy and he did the whole job. And he knew everything! He’ll teach you everything. He knew all about anything that had to do with plumbing, with making things plumb, how to retrofit, the dry wall, the painting, the finish work, and the tie-end of the window. I was like, “How’d this guy know all this?” It was amazing! He did a great job! We love our Bath Fitter tub. It’s perfect. And the hardware they used, as far as the shower is serious. It’s no joke. It’s not cheap. It’s very high-quality. I really like the completeness of it. They go all the way to the ceiling. They wrapped around our window. You feel very good about it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Randall, thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We purchased the shower, the shelves and the grab bar from Bath Fitter in May. The sales rep was knowledgeable and able to answer my questions. The installers were very good as well. They finished in one day. Quality is good except that we got a nail hole through our ceiling going into the basement which took a chunk of the plaster off.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barb, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

A gentleman from Bath Fitter came around and talked to us. He went out of his way to help us and show us what he had. He was here for several hours, and he did a good job. We got a tub and a shower in one bathroom, and then we got a different shower in another bathroom. Two installers came and they were great. They were very informative. One of guys took one and a half days, and the other one took pretty much two days. But the handles on my shower door sticks out real far, and the door would only open so far.

The installer was going to come over and look at our next-door neighbor, and he said he was gonna get us another handle that was shorter. So I thought he said that as soon as they did the installation at our neighbor, he would have a fellow come over our house and put on the handle. But I don't think my neighbor got anything installed yet. Other than that, they were good. Everything went fantastic with Bath Fitter and we're really enjoying it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Randy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Several years ago I Met a Re-Bath salesman. He came to my home, showed what they could do. Gave me a bid, I gave him a $700 Deposit. He said the crew would be out in 4 days. Nobody showed up. I called, got voicemail. A week later no return call. This went on 6 more weeks. Calls going to voicemail, no return calls. Finally 3 weeks later I got a check back for the $700 With no explanation. In Feb. 2018 I stopped at the Bath Fitter's showroom, met Rick ** “a great person”. He showed me around the beautiful showroom. I saw and got some great ideas of what I wanted. Rick scheduled a salesperson to come to my home. Steve came and showed some of the styles but was not sure if the hand shower I wanted would work, but I placed the order.

Two days later I stopped at the showroom again and met Jessica. We went in the showroom and I saw a couple things that Steve hadn’t talked about. Jessica was great, helped me change and add the couple things I liked. Two days later Mark came to remove the old tub, add new sub floor and install a shower, then he cleaned the whole bathroom. He is very friendly and a great guy!! The shower is beautiful. Everything is working great. After a years it still beautiful. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND BATH FITTER TO ANYONE!!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Mike! We love hearing from our satisfied customers!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The gentleman from Bath Fitter that came out, Mark, sold us on Bath Fitter. The installer, Cedric, really wanted to do his best, and he did. He was very conscientious about his job and his work. And he was really great. My experience was very good. I love Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jan, thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My mom had some work done by Bath Fitter and it was a really nice work. And this was many years ago until I decided that it was time to do something, and Bath Fitter was the one. I like the quality of work that they did for me. I ended up buying the hot tub and shower. The interactions I had with the sales representative at Bath Fitter were great. He was very informative of the product, the people that he works for, and the company. And that was encouraging as well. And then, installation team knew what they were doing. They did their job, and it was job well done.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Nancy!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We got the handicap shower from Bath Fitter, with two handlebars and a seat that folds up. The bathtub was removed. Everybody loves it. Everybody thinks they're in a hotel when they come to our house. The installation team was very good and professional. I’m very happy with everything so far. Everything is nice. I love it. I’m very satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Hubert, thank you for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter shower!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am so VERY pleased with my experience using Bath Fitter. From beginning to end, employees were friendly, helpful and professional. The installer, Dan, an extremely personable man, was here from 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and worked without a break until the job was completed. He told me what might happen, what could happen and what would happen during the process. I am TOTALLY satisfied and pleasantly surprised with the final result.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joan, thank you for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear our team was able to keep you informed throughout the whole process and provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I’m 110% satisfied with Bath Fitter. We were offered a discount if we were to sign up for their services and we got a new shower. The sales representative, James, was very nice as well. He came and explained everything, gave me my options and everything went well. The installer, Joe, was very professional and very on point. Everything was done perfect. I can’t say enough about the bathroom. I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Betty, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My wife made some inquiries about some other outfits that were advertising, and she talked to somebody that had Bath Fitter do theirs who said that we should get Bath Fitter. We ended up getting a shower with grab bars and shelves, and the sales rep had no bull and was not high-pressure. The installer was excellent as well. We’d recommend Bath Fitter. In fact, my wife already has to a couple people we know.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 31, 2019

Your men came in at 8 o’clock and did a perfect job on the bathroom shower and tub looks better. Left at five. Excellent job. Plumbing work was done by them too and it excellent. Guaranteed for lifetime. Looks good as new better.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Joseph!

Original review: July 31, 2019

Very happy with our Bath Fitter tub & shower installation. It greatly enhanced our bathroom and is a joy to use. Overall, minus 2 "bumps" that were straightened out, the entire process was awesome and literally "seamless". Have expressed our satisfaction to, both, family and friends often.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Stephen, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!

Original review: July 31, 2019

We added bars, a type of showerhead and shelves to the shower that we bought from Bath Fitter. I like the shower. It is very roomy. It has met my expectations very well. And as far as the sales representative at Bath Fitter, they were very helpful. The installation team was one man, and a local plumber came to help briefly. He was very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sandra, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I give installation and sales 5 stars, but what I did not know beforehand, was that you cannot control the flow of the water. (Cannot make the flow stronger or weaker.) These are water savers, so taking a shower is no longer as invigorating as I had before with a store-bought handheld shower head that was also water saver. So I'm a little disappointed that I cannot get more "force" and that I cannot turn the flow down to 1/2 way to save even more water, which is important when you have a well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michelle, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our team.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I liked that Bath Fitter could do the job in a day or two. So, I went with them and purchased a tub-shower combination, doors, and the whole nine yards. I did it a couple months ago and their salesman was very knowledgeable. He knew his stuff and could tell by just looking at the bathtub which one it would be. It was, overall, a great experience. My new bathroom is nice and shiny. It’s clean and I like it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Nancy! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback!

Original review: July 29, 2019

Our next-door neighbor had his bathtub redone by Bath Fitter and at the time, we also needed some work done in our bathroom. It was outdated, so we decided to purchase a shower stall from Bath Fitter. The sales reps explained what it was and how they did it. The installers were really good, too. They were very polite and very clean. They cleaned their mess up, and were in and out within a day.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Douglas, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 28, 2019

My wife told me about Bath Fitter and said that it was where we would be purchasing our remodel. So, we got a bathtub and a shower stall thing from them. We had a good experience with their reps and installers. Also, the installation was done in two days and it was done quickly.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Stev, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: July 27, 2019

We had another company and I didn’t like their work 100%. I heard about Bath Fitter from the TV, I liked the price and we had a shower replacement a few months ago. The sales rep was professional and informative, and I didn’t have any problems with the installation crew. They were very work-oriented and focused. They cleaned up after themselves and it was a good experience. The installation went great. Since the remodel, I like that the bathroom is roomier and they didn’t leave any gaps. The work was professionally done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are thrilled our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 27, 2019

We went to a home show and we talked to Bath Fitter. They had an impressive looking product so, we went with them. The salesman came to the house and went through and priced everything. We told him what we wanted, he wrote it down, and then we signed a contract. They told us about how many weeks it would be before they would come to install it, which was pretty accurate.

We purchased a shower surround and the installation people came and had everything on the truck they needed. They originally said it would take a day and a half but it took them one day to do it. They were good at what they were doing and they were clean. They protected everything that was around them. Also, they were willing to answer any questions we had. Bath Fitter is a little pricier than the other people, but you get what you pay for and you get the best product. I've had several family members tell us that they like it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Ronald!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

Bath Fitter was the first one that came out, gave us a quote and looked at everything when we were having problems with our bathroom. We decided to go with them with their warranty and everything else. The rep was very professional. He explained everything to us, worked with us and got us approved very quickly. We were done in a short amount of time, and it was wonderful. The installation guy was great. He came in and did what he was supposed to do. He got it done in a timely fashion and cleaned everything up. He also explained everything to us. I’ve already recommended Bath Fitter to a couple of people.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Jaclyn! We're so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!! Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We lived in Georgia and our next-door neighbor used Bath Fitter. They were very happy and we saw how well the work got done. When we came up here and we started thinking of the idea of a remodel, Bath Fitter first came to mind. Their rep was a good listener, very friendly, had good suggestions, and worked very well with us. We had a tub and shower combination and it was 10 weeks before we had it installed. One gentleman came for the installation and he was very good and very nice. We had some trouble with the plumbing and the first thing we noticed with the remodel is that the plumbing worked again. We got more than we expected and we are very satisfied. We would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Bath Fitter put a whole new shower in and the installation went real good. They got it done in one day. But we got a couple of things we’re not very happy with. We want somebody to come back and talk to us about it. The guy put a safety bar on the side of it and when you take a shower, there’s rusty water that comes out from underneath them. We also don’t like the shower head. I’m 6’7” and my wife's 5’3”. It’s permanently fixed and we can’t turn it. Other than that, we’re loving our new shower. It’s 100% better than what we had. We’ll recommend it. I think it was awfully high-priced but everything is good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. We will forward you message to our local team and have them reach out to discuss further. Thank you!

Original review: July 24, 2019

We want to thank you for a great job! We were so distraught after a major plumbing emergency which left all four floors of our home a mess. Matt, the repairman was both courteous and professional and he restored our beautiful bathroom to its original Bath Fitter quality. We really appreciate all of your help in scheduling and completing the repair in such a timely and efficient manner.

Sincerely,

Michael and Maria

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Michael and Maria! We are so glad to hear our team was able to come out and resolve all issues in a timely manner. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: July 24, 2019

No one does the wraparound thing but the minimal caulking other than Bath Fitter, and that’s kinda what we wanted so we went with them. The warranty was also there, and I think that’s a good resale value too. The finished product was great. It’s just that it’s really expensive so we had to wait to actually get it on our schedule. We signed the contract and everything and then put a thousand dollars down, and all of a sudden it was an emergency situation.

We had two trees that were falling on the house and our main water broke. It was terrible. I can’t not do the water. I can’t not take these trees down that are falling on the side of the house and I never knew how much it cost to take down trees. But the flipside of it, Matt in Brookfield really worked with us and put it on the kind of the spring-summer schedule. That gave us enough time. He really bent over backwards. The sales rep, Tony, is great too. Everybody was really good and I was very satisfied. Once we got everything under way, they were very accommodating. I was worried because we have an older house and there was gonna be a plumbing problem. I would go up there and the plumber would say everything was fine, and everything’s been fine. I understand if anything leaks or anything goes wrong with it, we’d call Bath Fitter. That’s their warranty.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ms. Harp, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project.

Original review: July 23, 2019

WARNING! Do not do business with Bath Fitter. In our opinion this company is deceptive and unethical. We had a salesman here to sell us a new shower. This is not a big shower and the cost was excessive. The cost was $6800. We cancelled the next morning, but Bath Fitter processed a “loan” anyway. It turned out to be a credit card. It immediately went on our credit report. We got a tiler to do our shower for half the cost and the shower will be retired. We could not get the loan because of Bath Fitters erroneously processing the card on a cancelled order. The salesman was not upfront with any of the things we needed to hear. Bath Fitter did nothing. THEY ARE A SHAM!!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dennis, we are sorry to hear that your Bath Fitter experience has left you frustrated. We've discussed the matter with the branch to better understand what occurred. It is our understanding that a credit application was processed at the time of the consultation, with your approval. When you cancelled the following day, we were able to cancel your order however the credit application had already been processed as mentioned the previous day. We understand Wells Fargo is working with you directly to resolve this matter and appreciate your patience throughout the process. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please let us know. We apologize again for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information