Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Bath Fitter Call Now Toll Free (888) 782-7818 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: June 1, 2019

True to their word they provided a safe and usable conversion for my handicapped usage. Originally a built in angular seat was installed which did not work out for me. I kept sliding off! Bath Fitter redid the job and installed a flip seat mounted directly facing the shower head. No longer need to turn sideways to shower. Much safer now! Thanks!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jerome, thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience and a new shower that makes you feel safe secure. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 1, 2019

Bath Fitter is right here in Wisconsin and they have a permanent address. I felt if I had a problem, there was someone there to answer. A lot of companies have an address out of state. I had a walk-in shower put in. The salesperson was polite. I didn't speak to him really long but I thought he had some good points. It was important to me that the work was done in one day which they did. The installer was very polite and he did a very good job. I probably drove him crazy because I checked in to see what he was doing. It was interesting to watch.

I love the shower except it doesn't seem to have a lot of water pressure. I have much of it in the bathroom sink though. Also, I wanted the hose with the button that turns it off and on. But it's brown. Everything else is white then you get this big brown thing hanging there that looks like a snake. I was really surprised. I can't imagine why they would do that. It really ruins the line of everything looking so clean and bright. I don't know if they always do that or if this was a fluke that they weren't supposed put those in. I had a hose for our bathtub before and it was white. I wasn't really happy about the brown hose. But I was happy that it turned the shower on and off. That was really nice.

There was also the mistake I made. Some of my family are quite tall. They don't live here all the time, but they come. I want them to be comfortable and I told the installers to put the shower up high. But then I couldn't reach it. But with the hose, I could take it down and put it on the side. Otherwise, my grandson has to go in there before I shower and take it down.

Another thing is I saw an ad for a walk-in shower for half the price a week later. I'm a widow and in a limited income. But overall, I think my walk-in shower is wonderful. I really like the idea that there are no seams. We have hard water and things like that build up around seams. My friend is thinking about the same thing and she asked me how pleased I am with it. I was very pleased with the whole thing. I really enjoyed it except for the wormy brown thing.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Very expensive. They charge a lot of money just because they have a one piece acrylic lining. Almost like 5000-6000 just to do the bath tub and bath tub walls and tap and shower head fixtures only. You can actually redo a whole bathroom including replacing whole bath tub and redoing the tiles and also the bathroom vanity and basin and floor for that money. Unwilling to come down on price and had to run a call past his Vice president who said they would not reduce by more than 20% of their over priced price. Their salesmen make 90K a year. No wonder they have to charge the customers more. This is strictly for the rich and the impatient. Anyone else, take your time. Don't be in a hurry. Find a contractor who can do this more economically.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sanjay, since everything we do is custom-made, our pricing really depends on the complexity of the job and your choice of style and accessories. You get an installation is done in as little as one day with no demolition, along with a new custom-made tub that will transform your entire bathroom. Our premium quality tubs are also backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Thank you for feedback.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I hired Bath Fitter to do a tub liner for me before any work was done on my bathroom. They said to put up the tile first, then the liner goes in and gets caulked to the tile. I was concerned about damage and was told by the estimator and office that in over 8 years they have not had any damage. The installer comes today and sure enough broke tile and said it has to be fixed before the tub can be installed. I called the office and spoke with the manager who said they cannot do the tub because they feel the tile will break again. She said the tub should go in before the tile which is the exact opposite of what they said before. Then she said the walls were bowed. When I said they were not she then said the tile is weak and it is a bad job. I said it was not. Then she said there isn't enough thinset which I had no idea how she came to that conclusion when the tile is on the wall - they cracked it but underneath was not showing.

I based my entire bathroom remodel on having the Bath Fitter. Now they damage my home then say "oops, we can't do it after all". I would never EVER recommend this company. On top of that, when I placed the order with the estimator he never called me back to let me know the order was placed or what the next steps are. After several attempts and no response, I called the office to get the information that in fact, he did place the order. I received an online survey from Bath Fitter corp asking about the estimator experience. I gave an honest review that he didn't call me back. The manager referenced that review and said "oh well, sounds like you are never going to be happy" and that I am "causing problems" for her. I am causing problems because I paid them, gave an honest review and am upset my bathroom was damaged and that they will not do the job as promised.

I am the problem? I am causing problems because I gave an honest review? Instead of scolding the customer, how about fixing your problems? I believe because I gave an honest review, they will not do the job. The guy didn't call me back after taking my money after I called him several times. Would you leave a 5 star review for that? Bottom line, this is a dishonest, shady company with employees that only care about getting your money, not doing a good job. The manager is horrible and doesn't care one bit about you or the problems they cause you. I completely regret getting involved with this company. They left me with broken tile and no tub and a ton of wasted time and stress.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dawn, this is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We will send you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2019

In 2006 we chose Bath Fitter to re-do our bathtub. We had them tear out the old fiberglass tub and surround that the builder had installed and replace it with a new tub and surround. It held up great and we loved how the surround is seamless and goes all the way to the ceiling. It still looked like new and everything was fine until April 2019, we noticed a small crack at the back of the tub. It was only about 3 inches long and looked like a strand of hair.

We called Bath Fitter, hoping they truly stood behind their lifetime warranty, and told them about it and about a week later, they sent someone out to inspect it. He said that Bath Fitter would replace the entire tub, surround, and hardware free of charge. They ordered the items and a few weeks later, they came and installed the new tub and surround. It looks fantastic just like before. The tech was fast and friendly and covered all of our flooring to prevent damage all the way from the front door to the bath, and cleaned up when he was done. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sonja, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 17, 2019

Bath Fitter from Sandy, Utah came to do our tub replacement. We got a walk in shower/tub removal. Steve was our tech. He did an absolute wonderful job... very professional. Kept the carpets clean with runners during the whole install. We are very happy with our new shower and would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review William! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I submitted an online request for information. Of course, they won't give you ANY information over the phone. So, I agreed to schedule a visit for a technician to come and give me an estimate. They wanted to know if my spouse or significant other would be there. That is none of their business and I told them so. They insisted that they needed both there to send someone out! WHAT?!?! I told them (a man) they would either be there to see me or they wouldn't. HE SAID THEY WOULDN'T! REALLY??? So, if I don't provide them with the information THEY want, they are willing to lose the business! How stupid is that? I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT PROBABLY WOULDN'T ASK A MAN THAT QUESTION! BESIDES, it's none of their business if I do or do not have a significant other or spouse.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ruth, thank you for reaching out and letting us know. We recommend to our clients that all decision-makers be present during the consultation to best answer everyone's questions but, considering your situation, you should have been able to book your appointment without a problem. We’d love the opportunity to make things right. We pass this message along to our local branch and they will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I saw a display for Bath Fitter at a store and realized that I didn’t have to do the remodel myself if I hired them. So I decided to call them. I got a tub-shower combination for my daughter's bathroom and it's nice and clean. We got the plain old white white and it's really basic. The installer was great as well. One gentleman came out and he brought his son to come help carry some things when he was doing the deconstruction stuff, so he wouldn’t nick up the walls, steps or anything else. He asked ahead of time if it was okay and I agreed. When the boy came in, he helped carry out three pieces of stuff and I didn’t see him again.

The installer was a very nice person. I offered him coffee and lunch, and he declined. He said he was just gonna work. Also, the installation was a one day thing which was kinda what I was looking for. But the amount of caulk that was placed looks like the whole thing is held together with caulk and I’m glad it’s not in my bathroom. It would drive me crazy to look at that everyday. But you see that only on the edges and on the seams, and my daughter doesn’t care because she is thrilled that it’s clean.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Veronica, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Bath Fitter was our only option 'cause we couldn't remove our tub. They did the tub and enclosure, the plumbing, and the shower head. The installation was great. They were professional and courteous, and they cleaned up. We also enjoyed Justin, our sales rep. He very thoroughly explained all the details of the product.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jeff. We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 14, 2019

We bought a walk-in shower and glass doors from Bath Fitter because we liked the way it was done. It was one piece and has a lifetime guarantee. The sales rep really seemed to know what he was doing. And as it was, the remodel turned out very nice. The installation team was very professional and very knowledgeable. They did an excellent job.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cecil, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I'm very pleased with my Bath Fitter experience. When I talked with the gentleman that came down to explain the product to us, I liked what I saw and what I heard. It seemed like the product was topnotch. The guy that did the installation was fantastic. He did a shower install. I already had the shower and I just had them come in and take down the old tile wall and put up the new Bath Fitter piece. I also got the plumbing hardware to go with it. So far, everything's been fine. I got no complaints.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing your Bath Fitter experience!! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 12, 2019

We used Bath Fitter before up in Central New York. We went back to them because of the quality of service, quality of product, friendliness, ease, the whole nine yards. We took out our old bathtub and put in a walk-in shower unit. The young man that came in and did it took a day and three-quarters to get it all done which is what we anticipated. He was very caring. I got a 90 plus year old mother living with us and he was very considerate about making sure things were out of her way when she walking around the house. We love our new shower. It couldn't have been any better. It was a fantastic experience with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Philip, thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 11, 2019

We purchased the tub and shower combination, and also did a grab bar and one shelf. We had a great time with Bath Fitter. The information that they gave was accurate, and we enjoyed their presentation. They were cordial, kind and friendly. The installer did a fantastic job. He communicated with me with everything he needed to do. He called me ahead of time, and said what time he would be there. And he was there, and finished his work. He had everything done by the time I got off work. It looks very good and very clean. I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dean, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear your Bath Fitter team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had a bathtub cover-up done by Bath Fitter and it looks nice when the installer was done. But it was awfully expensive. Also, I don't like the fact that my bathtub is closer to my toilet than I would like. It took up extra space and it crowds you on the toilet now. The installer should've moved the gooseneck for the shower head up higher. It is like you gotta be five foot tall to get underneath the shower head. Because of the shower head we bought, he had to go get a longer neck. That longer neck put it to where it was down farther and it's kinda inconvenient. But other than that, the experience was good and the guy that did it was good. All of Bath Fitter's people were really nice. Their quality of work seemed pretty good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Don. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We purchased the bathtub from Bath Fitter. We had a fine experience with their sales rep and the installation team came and did their job. It’s a nice addition to our bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I needed a step-in shower because I'm handicapped. I went to a vendor fair and Bath Fitter was there. I've seen a lot of their work of some other people that I knew, and I knew that they did a good job and guaranteed their stuff. I've also seen in a picture of what I wanted right there so I told them that's what I wanted. That process was very easy. I called the number on the card the guy gave me then they sent a representative out and I filled out all the information. Two weeks later, they put the shower in. The installer did an amazing job too. He cleaned up after himself and didn’t leave any mess. It was great. It all went smooth and easy.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robin, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to make everything easy and ensure your satisfaction.Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Bath Fitter did a great job and I have nothing but good to say about them. I went to a craft show of our American Legion, and there was a gentleman there and he handed me a card. So, I called and another gentleman came out. I had my son-in-law, and we asked questions and he answered them. The installers were great and worked continuously. They brought the pieces in and put it up so that it really looks nice. They came on Wednesday and came back Thursday to finish the job. They also put stuff down on my floor so they wouldn't track on it.

I'm really satisfied with my walk-in shower. It only has about a six-inch step to step up into it. It's big and the whole thing is at one end of my bathroom. I also purchased grab bars, so there are two of them. I also have the shelving that goes in the corner and then the wooden seat. It's white, but it's a nice seat. Having my shower has helped a lot because before, I had to step up over my bathtub to get in to take a shower. I wish I had it when my husband was alive. He couldn't lift his weight that high to get in so he couldn't take a shower. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new shower. We hope you will continue to enjoy it for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My husband and I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to others. The cost estimate was very accurate and the timeline to start and complete the project was wonderful. The staff who actually did the work were very professional, let us know when they would arrive, communicated problems to us, kept us informed of progress, and were very respectful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jan, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My parents used Bath Fitter in both of their bathrooms and were thrilled with the results so when I was finally able to do my bathroom, I gave Bath Fitter a call. The salesman was helpful with ideas and staying in my budget, and I couldn't help but giggle any time I called with a question and Patty answered the phone, "how can I make you smile?"; she always did. The installer, Chris was professional and even with a trainee, the work went really fast. I had other work being done in the bathroom and Chris suggested he leave some of the trim unfinished and come back after the floor was replaced. It worked out great and I am so pleased with how clean and fresh everything looks. Great work!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leah, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to make you smile! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Our basement bath was 30 years old so it was rather raunchy and everything was in pretty bad shape. The reviews on Bath Fitter and their quality seem very good. Plus, they were fast. I really wanted the entire unit to be put in within two days. Their sales rep was very nice. She came, sat with us and talked about the unit. Then we decided and she came back and did all of the initial measurements. Then, about a week later, someone came and did all of the exact measurements with machines and lasers. He was also very nice.

After about eight weeks, the installers came. Before, we had a regular shower and bathtub. They turned the old bath into a shower with glass doors and onyx fixtures. Both of them were very nice. While they were installing the shower, they cracked the lid of my toilet. Without even worrying about it, they got a whole new toilet and installed it free. Bath Fitter seems to be very honest and upfront. They did a good job and we're very happy with the product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Claire, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I love my shower. And I cannot say enough about the installer. Very nice. Very informative and the cleanup and the presentation was amazing. I had to give him a big hug. I can't praise him enough. I would recommend Bath Fitter to all.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charlotte, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new shower. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 7, 2019

We were very pleased with the professionalism and craftsmanship that helped transform our bathroom into a thing of beauty. Our salesman, Dave **, was terrific, start to finish! Two small issues came up, but Dave fixed them in the least amount of time possible. We will definitely recommend Bath Fitter to family and friends!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Dan! We are thrilled to hear Dave was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I got a walk-in shower and went for Bath Fitter considering the warranty. If something goes wrong, they would come and fix everything at no cost for me. I could’ve gotten the power shower installed for less price, but I’m getting at that age that I don’t wanna have to fix it. The installation team was awesome and the guy was very particular with how things are done. I was very impressed with that. The shower was for our extra bathroom and we haven’t used it yet. Still, we got a nice shower there, and if we get any guests over, they would be able to use it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gerald, thank you for your review! We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many years to come! Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband's sister had had Bath Fitter. They changed when her husband couldn’t climb in the tub, and they turned it to a shower. And she just couldn’t get over how well they were, and how good they did. And it was suggested that we do that here. We’re very happy with it. Everything was fantastic. The sales rep was very good. When he came, my son was with me, ‘cause we’re elderly, and the sales rep explained everything and showed us everything. So, we knew just exactly what was gonna be when he came. The installation team worked so quickly too. I thought it was gonna be a much longer process than it was. There’s nothing I can say derogatory about it at all. It’s the first experience I’ve ever had, and I was so well pleased with all of them. They just went about their job and cleaned up. It was great.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Betty, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I was skeptical when reading some of the poor reviews, but the good reviews outweighed the bad ones. The initial consultation wasn't very impressive, but we had already decided at that point to go with the company. Once all the paperwork was done, and financing went through (they are quite expensive), everything went as they stated. We had the tub removed and replaced with a shower stall. The installer came the date they told us. He was awesome. Had everything installed and cleaned up by 3:00 pm. The only problem we encountered is the shower doors need a leveler which had to be ordered. We could still use the shower, but the doors were not very stable. It took 3 weeks for that to come in. It's still new so I can't comment on how keeping it clean is difficult as some reviews state, but I am using a cleaner that is recommended by the company. All in all, I would definitely recommend this company and would use them!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patricia, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you a great experience and a beautiful new shower. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I checked all the other companies around and I felt like Bath Fitter had something better to offer. I also knew some people who has had Bath Fitter in to install and they were happy. We purchased two showers and we had the corner shelf and the handicap bars installed as well. I liked the design and the fact that the product had a lifetime warranty on it. So I didn’t have to do anything from that point on.

The salespeople did very well and then I had two different crews do the installation at two different times. Both of them were very cordial and courteous. They took care of everything pretty quickly, explained everything to me and left the house in good condition. Each install took a little bit over a day and a half. It was pretty involved and of course, they had to tear out the old shower. They did all that in one day and prepared it for installation. Then the next day, they were in and out by lunchtime so it was pretty good. I like the looks of it. It’s very nice and it's easy to clean and keep clean. It certainly gave us more room than the one we had. So there is a lot of things we’re happy with. Everything went very smoothly so I was very pleased with the experience. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter to anybody else. As a matter of fact, I’ve already recommended them to a couple of other people. They’ve seen our bathrooms and they were very impressed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wayne, thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear our team were able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

The tub at our house has been refinished two times, once prior to us buying the house and one we did ourselves, and it wouldn't last. My husband passed away and there's the chance that I'll be putting the house on the market. So, I went with Bath Fitter as my remodeling company since I liked their guarantee of one year to five years for having my tub area refinished. I purchased a tub from them as well as some hardware. Their rep was very kind and knowledgeable and the installer they sent was very professional. The refinishing took no more than two hours and since then, I've come to like not having paint chips floating in my bubble bath.

However, my house is in the 50s, so I have the lovely, kinda lime green tile and it wasn't conveyed that I would have to go with Bath Fitter in order to do a cover up on the tile portion in the bathroom or it would void my warranty. This was because of the silicone caulk. I didn't ask and I was under the assumption that that was something I could touch. It wasn't until after the installation that it was conveyed that it would mess up the warranty. Still, my experience with Bath Fitter has been very positive and I'm enjoying my refinished tub area.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Angie, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your new bathtub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I needed somebody that was gonna do a solid job, and it looked like Bath Fitter would and knew what they were doing. I liked the presentation and thought it would fit what I needed. I got a tub and shower, a couple of grab bars and a couple of shelves. The customer service was good. They were very easy to deal with. The installer was super good, too. He worked and gave 1000%. I was very impressed with him. He was willing to do whatever he needed to do to make it right and make it work right. He discovered what seemed like a leak that was a result of the installation. He worked to try and figure that out. If he had been available to hire to do other things, I would've hired him.

Bath Fitter was really expensive compared to other options out in the marketplace, but it's a good product and I like it. However, I'm not happy with the showerhead. It's not a big enough showerhead, first of all. And second of all, I don’t like the streams that come out of it. They're not symmetrical and the aim of them is kind of askew and it wasn’t before.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terry, thank you for your review. We are glad to head our team was able to provide you with a great experience. We will pass your message regarding the shower head along to our branch. Thank you.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's shower, so I got it, and I also got shelves. Their sales rep was thorough, but I was more impressed with the installer. He was just one guy, and he did a very good job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Don! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I’ve been enjoying my Bath Fitter tub ever since we had it. We got it put in a day before Valentines and the installer was very good. He also cleaned up after himself. The sales rep was very nice as well and she explained everything to us. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Bath Fitter Company Information