It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.64/5
Based on 45 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Aquatic Training Vessels is the swim spa you have been looking for! ATV swim spas were created to fill a gap in the industry by providing a product with effective flow dynamics and innovative features. ATV swim spas offer innovative features that allow you to exercise on a new level. Whether you are a pro athlete looking to exercise harder or exercising for rehabilitation purposes, ATV swim spas are designed to adapt to any fitness level. Aquatic fitness not only takes the pressure off your bones and joints, it also aids in recovery. Some of the benefits of an ATV swim spa are weight management, improved sleep, cardio health and improved range of motion. Our ATV swim spas can be utilized for swimming, aquatic fitness, relaxation and health and wellness. Contact us today and learn more about our swim spas and how you can benefit from one!

ATV Swim Spas Gallery (6)
View More View More

45 ATV Swim Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2018

We've had out ATV swim spa since November. It's easy to use and good for swimming, and we like it. We looked at seven different brands and I tested a bunch of them, and the value that we would get from ATV Swim Spa seemed to be the best and a lot more than that of the other brands. One of the pumps burned out right off, so we had to get that replaced, but the company has been very open and receptive in helping us with any issues. Also, we used a lot more electricity than we anticipated, but other than that, we’re very happy with our swim spa and we really enjoy it. I would definitely refer people to ATV Swim Spa to get one.

Get expert buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We were looking for something that my wife could workout in and ATV Swim Spas' floor model was the first one we found. We bought it and when we had it delivered, their reps lifted the spa over the top of the house to get it in the backyard and built a deck around it for us. The people that came and built the deck as well as the cover over it did a wonderful job. We also had to build a handicap access so that my wife could get in and out of the spa.

My wife loves to swim and she loves the spa. She’s out there about six days a week. Given her injury, she doesn’t use it like a typical swim against the currents although she turns on the currents every now and then. She likes the little massage thing that she gets to sit in the chair and have the jets on her. She also likes the music that is embedded into the spa and that makes her workout even more advantageous. She likes the size and the depths of it, too. It’s perfect and she would love to have one at our house at all times for the rest of her life. One thing that we would like to see on it though is an automated opening of the roof so that I don’t have to be out there to help her open the cover every time. I would like to see a handicap chair as well that would lift her in and out of the spa.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My experience with ATV Swim Spas has been very positive. We've had a hot tub and the swim spa from Nokomis before. Upon my research ATV seemed to be one of the better brands. I bought the swim spa at Paddy's Pool and we have it for four months. The installation went pretty good. We didn't have any electrical and stuff so we had a floor pad and then brought electrical to it. Having this swim spa was better in terms of the ability to exercise. I have bad knees. It was very easy to get in and exercise with those knees. I've recommended ATV to pretty much anybody in my generation. You can get the same impact as a swimming pool but better because of the streaming of the water. Furthermore, it's a lot easier to maintain than a swimming pool.

Original review: March 30, 2018

ATV Marquis is a known excellent brand and they've been very knowledgeable and helpful on my questions. And they did an excellent job installing the swim spa. I did the site prep and all we had to do was have the crane lower it in place. We didn't have any issues and it was up and running within a day or so. I've had this swim spa for five months now and it is an excellent device. We have the Kona version so it has the class four jets in it. Overall, it's very easy to use and maintain. We use it about four to five times per week and with the winter condition we're having, it's pretty good. And the ATV with the Covana Legend Cover is an excellent combination because it is electric. My wife has a hard time lifting the cover so, just turning a key makes it much more usable. It is an excellent product and a great investment.

Original review: March 29, 2018

ATV has good quality products and I live right next door to the manufacturer. I bought a swim spa from them and I have it for two months now. Their customer service reps were very polite and considerate people. The installation also went very well but it was a difficult thing to accomplish. The spa had to be lifted above my house, put in the backyard with a crane, and the whole process took four hours. Other than that, it's been familial bliss to use the spa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ATV Swim Spas?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought my ATV swim spa at the fair. When I found it, I fell in love with it. It was just the overall package. Installing it was a great pain though. There were no crane companies that could do it because it’s so large. I had five different crane companies and I had to keep paying for all these companies to come out. I would get a day off work to meet up with one company and then they would say they can’t do it. They kept telling me another company would be able to do it and we would start again the next week.

I’ve also already had to call the maintenance on the swim spa but it was a quick fix. The technician worked on the electrical and now it works. So far, I like most of the features but I did not like the stairs setup. It was overpriced and I didn’t buy it. They told me not to. But now, the swim spa is so high. I'm basically climbing in with a giant ladder. But I have the added thing to help flip open the top and it blocks the stairs. That’s where it goes so it doesn’t really make sense. Despite that, I have been trying to convince all my family members to get the swim spa. I have been recommending it to everybody, the swim spa and not the actual company.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A local place was selling ATV Swim Spas, so we decided to go with it. The installation went well and the installers were great and really professional. We’ve had the swim spa for six months and we get enjoyment out of using it. Overall, it’s been a really good experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

When it was decided that the therapy pool that I was using wasn't going to be run afterhours anymore, I looked at various models and varieties of swim spas and the Marquis spa was the one that I was most comfortable with. Also, Gib-San, the company that put in my original swimming pool, was prepared to do the whole process of building it for me. I wanted it partially in the ground so that I could easily get in and out of it. I was concerned with the neighbors as well and I didn't want to interfere with their enjoyment of their gardens, so I didn't want anything too high. We're in the city so the yards are reasonably very close together. And I've got the spa set up for year round use but outdoors, so the insulation capacity was important to me.

I've always been impressed with Gib-San's workmanship and follow up. I went and looked at the lovely Canadian-made products, too, but it was a matter of buying the spa, finding a contractor, supervising everybody, and organizing the timing, which I had to do all by myself and I wasn't prepared to do all of that. So because of the reputation of Marquis and the installation company, I went with them.

When my swim spa was installed, things went pretty well. There was a bit of a glitch because of a misunderstanding between the person who was overseeing it and as to exactly where I wanted it positioned. But that was rectified. There was also a little bit of an additional charge for digging and when we had to have a crane over the garage to get the spa in properly. But it was a fair price and I was very happy with it.

I'm using the spa everyday essentially as a therapy pool that's why I'm keeping it warm at about 38.5 degrees, so it's warmer than body temperature. I'm also using it for a little bit of relaxation after I finish. I like the fact that it has the seats and that I've got one of those built-in connection for radio or music because that is really good when you're exercising rather than just swimming in it. And when the installation of the swim spa was underway, I had to go in and have further hip surgery, so it has been a Godsend.

One thing I don't like about the swim spa is the weight of the lid and that I can't get on and off myself. I have to get someone else to do that for me to open it. And because I'm just exercising, I'm only using it where it's open halfway. Also, it had a silicone insert in the headrest and somehow that dislodged and lodged itself in the filter system. So, maybe they could send me a new insert for my headrest. I noticed one of the side panels is a bit loose, too. It was bizarre because when it came out, it looked almost like one of those jelly children sandals. When it was fished out, it was very odd and nobody could figure out what it was and where it came from. It's also not the sort of thing you'd think would be loose.

The company that did the installation has also been handling the service for us, so they come once every two weeks and make sure everything's the way it should be. That has been really good because it took the load off my husband who would otherwise have had to deal with all that. It's a whole package that's why working with them has gone so well. I would recommend this swim spa to people. In fact, I was showing it to people this weekend and talking about it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We’ve had my ATV swim spa for three months now and we like it. We've been going in it several times a week and it's been pretty nice. The installation was very easy and the installers did a good job. We’ve been getting more exercise since we've had it. I'm happy with our experience and I've recommended ATV Swim Spas. It's out of the budget for most people, but if somebody has it in their budget, they're nice.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My wife wanted a swim spa for years and we're both chronic pain patients. We also both have osteoarthritis and she has acute neck problems and pain from being a cosmetologist for 40 years. Also, I got my knee replaced. We've always had spas and I enjoyed swimming and she's always wanted a small pool to get in and walk around in. It took a number of years before we decided on ATV Swim Spas and the product itself was good. However, it was really pushed by where we bought it. To make a sale they went above and beyond, said all the right things and made everything happen, gave us the discount and then talked a good talk. But as soon as the swim spa was installed, that was the end of it.

It was unfortunate because they had a sales rep and they promised he would come up and see it installed and help us set it up and help us with the chemicals. They just plopped down the chemical kit on the table outside and that was it. From that point, it was just zero service. They just disappeared completely. I placed phone calls and tried to get some help. Since we lost our computer-generated guide, the flash drive where the service manual is, we don't have a clue. I asked them to get me another one and their response was to go to their website and download it. That didn't work. I had to figure out on how to do set ups on my own. And then as far as the lifting lid, there was never any discretion about how big the lids are going to be and how heavy they were going to be.

Now my wife and I ended up spending a tremendous amount of money just getting in to the point where we were able to actually get in and out of the spa. That was never discussed and that did a real disservice to any client. The spa is enormous. It's 17 feet long, 6 feet tall, 8 feet wide and it has just a standard swim spa cover. We're getting older and we're retired, and even for young people who are strong, it's quite heavy. We invested a lot of money in putting a nice redwood pergola over the top with skylights and we put a wooden deck on one side with handrails and stairs to make it more accessible. And they didn't even make any attempts whatsoever to help us figure out how to lift those lids up and I had to do it all on my own. They never came up, never did any follow up calls, never asked if we like the spa and what we were doing, which to me, when you buy a $27,000 swim spa you would expect at least some follow up calls.

Other than that, it's a nice piece of equipment and so far my experience of it has been good. I look forward to spring and getting in and using it for what we bought it for and that is to rehabilitate my limbs. While my wife says it's wimpy compared to what we had - the jets for the back and everything are not we're used to and also you have to figure out which jets are on in the panel, it's a tradeoff I was willing to do because I wanted something that I could really move around in more than I wanted the spa. My wife gets in for three hours and enjoys the warm water and it's been there where you can get exercise - walk laps and swim in it. She likes having it and she's glad we bought it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We got the ATV Swim Spa in December and it is a good spa. It's exactly what we needed. But it was difficult to get it in place. It was a lot of work. We live at the top of a long uphill driveway and it was a tight fit to get things through. And between the weight of the hoist that needed to move the thing in and the weight of the spa, it destroyed a lot of patio tiles so we’re going to have to redo that this spring. We did it without breaking any trees though. Still, there was one significant problem with it in the way we installed it. The thing can only be installed with the stairs going to the center of the unit and that absolutely couldn't work with the way we needed to put it in. We’re still trying to get the $1,200 stairs modified so that they can effectively come out away from the spa into the patio area.

We had a lot of interactions with our local dealer and they’ve been great trying to figure out how to remake parts of this and ordering the materials we needed from the supplier. But they sent the wrong stuff and there’s not enough of the right stuff. It's been well over a month and we're still waiting for the material to show up so we can redo this so that's not very good. But the spa itself is fabulous for its purpose.

ATV Swim Spas response

Hello Mark,

We are aware of your situation and shipped the required items for your step within a few days of receiving the order from your dealer. We will contact them and find out if there was a problem with the shipment or if they need something else.

~Marquis

Original review: March 20, 2018

We had a Marquis hot tub, so we thought we'd try the Marquis swim spa. We investigated several but ended up going with Marquis' Infinity model. The hot tub warehouse sent two guys over, but all they did was unpack and then leave everything for my plumbers and electricians to hook up. We were told to figure out how to get it to our house and how to install it. We had to organize all that ourselves. It wasn’t great and really unprofessional. In addition, I had to make arrangements to have it shipped from Toronto to where we live which is about two and a half hours north of that. We found out all this after we purchased it, so it was a bit of a pain. We're happy with the spa, but the actual purchasing experience wasn’t that wonderful.

Original review: March 19, 2018

ATV Swim Spas was recommended to me by the dealer. I've had the swim spa for a little over a year now and I recommend somebody gets one too. It's a lot of fun and that was why I did it. For the installation, they had to pull it up over the house with a crane. I live in a little housing place and they craned it three stories up so I wanted to make sure it didn't fall. When they set it down before they were to go put it on the patio, the guy who was overseeing the project asked how much weight the patio can take. He said that we could set it on there but when the swim spa is full of water, the weight is going to crack the concrete because it wasn’t reinforced concrete. We found out just in time and we ended up getting an engineer. I had to get the whole patio taken out and a whole new pad put in with reinforced concrete. It was $7,000 for that and I've had a lot of people ask me if I would get it again and I say, "Hell, yeah."

Original review: March 18, 2018

We did a lot of research before we purchased the swim spa from ATV Swim Spas and it was pretty much what was recommended as far as rehab since my husband has a herniated disk in his back. Everything was easy and great during the installation. They were perfect. We had it delivered by crane and we craned it over the roof of our house to put it in the backyard. Everybody was very equipped and ready with what they had to do. And as far as scheduling and making sure that everybody showed up at the same time, it was great.

We've had the swim spa for about a year now and we really are so happy with it. My husband uses the row bars a lot and he really enjoys that. He had a hot tub before and he really enjoys the swim spa because it's easy to clean compared to his old version of a hot tub. It’s just the cans that ATV Swim Spas provide to use the chemicals and it’s just super nice. The overall quality is perfect too. We've referred family members to ATV Swim Spas and we're hoping that a couple of family members will actually buy a few since the swim spa is so nice. We have family in Arizona who has a pool but they can't use it all year round. So we suggested they get the swim spa on top of the pool they already have.

Original review: March 17, 2018

ATV Swim Spas had three different sizes and most of the other competitors either had one or two. The middle size was the right one for us and most of the other ones didn’t have a middle size. It also had features like the multiple jets, the fountains and stuff for the kids. It's a full-featured product. We've had their product for eight months now and it's a high-quality product.

The one thing that's kind of weird is the cover. It's a silly design. It could definitely be redesigned to work a little better. They basically took two hot tub covers and just slapped two hot tub covers on top of it. So when I close it, the middle gap doesn’t come together right and it's costing me about 20 bucks a month on my power bill. Then when I open to cover it, it blocks my view out of both ends. It should have a hoist to flip it up on its side, not on the ends. It seems the design of it is a hack. But other than that the spa itself is great.

The installation was great as well. We had our whole backyard torn up so it was relatively easy. They backed the truck in and put the thing down on the slab and that was good. We use the ATV Swim Spa every day and our kids love it. My son has learned how to swim in there. We do a lot of sports so it was nice to get to the spa after we were tired and achy.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The closest town to us that sold swim spas had two different brands and I liked the one from ATV Swim Spas. The spa seats in the other brand were like bucket seats and I liked that the ATV's have a chair feel to them. I thought it was more comfortable. Where our house is located, there was no access for the installation so we got permission from a neighbor to use their driveway for this big boom truck crane. We bought a 14-foot spa and this huge thing flew through the air and swung over part of the house and over the fence. It was like the best part of a circus. We previously had workers put in a cement pad for it so it was ready. The neighbors being nice neighbors was a godsend and the people who installed it were great too.

The person at the local store where we bought it from had worked with our pool and he understands the mechanism of the whole. We'd say, "Oh, what's this?" And he would tell us not to worry. He was just a very handy guy to have. The quality of his service is a selling point for anybody that sells these. If they have great service people on hand to help out, then anybody would buy one. We had a good time with the installation and the spa worked fine. We've only had it since June but it's great. We had an outdoor pool before that we couldn't use it in the winter months but with ATV, I get to swim year round. I also liked the different speeds of the jets for the different strokes.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

ATV Swim Spas had what I wanted. I love it. I can swim, I have the jet, and there's a spa. It's also cheaper and it's all in one but small and not the huge and round pool. The guys were nice and my questions were answered. They put it right where I wanted it and then they gave a demonstration.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We live in a wooded area and it forced us into some kind of a pool situation for our kids. Obviously, a hot tub was not big enough and besides, my husband does some triathlon so he thought a swim spa would be good for his training. I went to all the spa places in town and asked them about their systems. Then I made my choice and went with the one with the best built and best insulation. There was a four-model that they had discounted because they had used it in a show. The price obviously led me into ATV Swim Spas and it came with a lot of extras. Also, I've worked with that company before, when I bought a spa from them 20 years ago. They've always been good.

I was not here when they installed it. My husband was and he sent me pictures as they were doing it. My husband said it went fine. And they came out and checked our site ahead of time to make sure that it was going to work. They set it up and got running by July 4th of this year. I had no complaints about that. So far, it's been working out for our family so was the one before. They're going to come again and close it here in a couple of weeks for the winter. Overall, my experience with the people from ATV was good. They're very informative and easy to work with. They were also accommodating.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Our ATV swim spa came in back in May, but we just had it placed in the last 30 days, in the middle of September. The dealer did a good job with the site inspection and the preparations for the installation. Getting the swim spa installed in our backyard was fairly big work. When the installers unwrapped the swim spa, they found that it had the wrong siding on it, so they changed that. Otherwise, there would have been some damage marks on it had that not been fixed. We still have a couple of things that need to be repaired, but the installation went as expected.

However, the company only offers one option for the steps, which is to put these on the side of the spa. But because of our location and the Power Covana cover that we had put on, we couldn’t utilize the steps. It would be nice if the company offered two options for the steps, with another option for entry on the end, aside from the one at the side. Other than that, our swim spa is great and it's working well. We've used it a fair amount, for 10 hours. We use it more as a light fitness tool, definitely not for triathlon fitness. We like its flexibility since we can use it both for exercise and for relaxation. Also, I consider it to be of premiere quality. Our ATV swim spa is everything we were hoping for, so we’re very satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We've had our ATC Swim Spa since April of this year. We use it for everything. It's a good tub of water and its height is an advantage and differentiator over several of the lower priced spas. The tradeoff is you’ve got a lot more water to clean and maintain. You also would need a step around it because it’s so tall. We also went ahead and bought the end-to-end cover. I had it custom made, which is a way better cover than the double slip up cover and is a huge advantage. It’s much easier to get on and off, and it all goes to one side so you’re only blocking one end of the tub.

We love the tub but the biggest problem we have is getting and maintaining water chemical balance. They really undereducate people on what it takes to maintain it because they sell it like it’s a spa. There’s not good information in their manual which is all online. They came out with a spa kit and gave me two of them, and that is not what this is. There’s a lot more to the maintenance and if I’ve known that, I might not have bought the tub. You have to open it up every week and deal with the water. You also got these tall canisters that you’ve got to clean and which would be impossible to do in the winter. I’ve got to buy two more sets of them and wait to clean them until the summer so there’s a lot to it and ATV could do a lot to simplify it.

I also have some sort of a black mold ick on the tub and we drained the tub and treat it with lemon juice. If it was the white tub, it would have been ruined because we followed the directions of the spa sales people and it almost ruined the tub. We haven’t had it a year, so that’s the part that I’m dissatisfied with it. I think that the store and the external team are learning together. They were conflicting their information with each other on some things.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I got an ATV Swim Spa for my new house. This one is very good and a lot nicer than my old swim spa. I got it through Marquis Spas and they were there when they said they were going to be there. I had a couple of installations, so I had to crane it in through the back of the house with a crawler tractor. We end up with a big pit and then under cover. They came back after I switched it on and showed me how it works. My kids have been enjoying it and they love it. I recommended it. My neighbor came over to look at it and then bought one. My other neighbor down the street also got it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My husband and I have very bad backs and we got our ATV swim spa for medical reasons. I have four herniated discs and my husband has a herniated disc too. I'm on the downhill side of 60. We got our swim spa at a Pool & Spa outlet in the first of August since ATV was the company that had delivery and setup, and got everything put together. The reps were usually nice to me. The installation went very smoothly. But the pump had a leak when we first got it. They had to come back out and drain, and fix the pump so that the water would gain quickly. Also, one of the control panels was originally hooked up wrongly because it had a burn mark on one of the circuit boards.

In addition, the lid was so heavy. I couldn't open it by myself and I had to have my husband open it. I've been calling the Pool & Spa outlet on a regular basis to get a lift for us that we could use to move the top, but they've had trouble getting it for us. With the lid being so difficult to open, it's very hard to use the spa. ATV needs to come up with a lighter lid, or with a lift or some way for the lid to be opened. Other than that, our ATV swim spa is a good product and once we can get it open all the time, it will be fine.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

ATV is our first swim spa and my experience with them has been very good. The installers did a great job and they cleaned up. So far, everything's working fine and I use it more for therapy for my back. The ATV reps come out monthly and they do a good job of taking care of the swim spa. They service it and check the chemicals and water level.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We enjoy our ATV Swim Spas and I like the way that it was built and insulated. We find that it is more of a workout tool than a relaxing tool. We were thinking that the speed in them would be utilized for relaxing but it didn't work out that way. Although we didn't get to use it as much we had hoped, because our life kind of grew up on us, we love being able to go out there and relax a bit and/or swim around. It's just that we wish that the cover was a little bit easier to open. It's quite heavy and I can see in 30 years that that might get a little difficult to maneuver once we get a little bit older. Also, they gave us information about the spa but it didn't really tell us what the different knobs and dials did. So, if there was an owner's manual on how to use it, that would be helpful.

The guys who installed it were great and I had absolutely no problem with them. They were on time and installed it the way they said they were going to. Everything with them was excellent. The main salesperson I talked to had always been very pleasant and wonderful, and he knows me by name. Their reps were very easy to work with and I've never had any problem reaching them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My ATV swim spa has been a great addition so far. It's nicer and a whole lot better than a swimming pool, and it's smaller and more convenient in terms of maintenance. I got the spa from ATV because of the good relationship I have with the dealer here in town. They have a great dealership representing their product here and I had a very good experience with them. All went well with the purchasing process. The installation was good, too, and it was done very rapidly. The swim spa was already assembled and all in one piece when I got it, then a crane dropped it into place. I’ve had my spa for about two months and it's nice to know that it's there when I want to use it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We bought a new house and I had a swim spa previously. So, I started looking for a new one a year ago and spent some time looking at different models. I came across the ATV's dealer fellow out of mid-cities here in Dallas-Fort Worth. We tried one of the spas that he had and we liked it so I bought it. The only way to judge a swim spa is to try it. I swim a lot and like to get exercise so I wanted to make sure. I compared ATV to eight different swim spas and ATV was my best bet for its price. I looked at endless pools, the higher-end pools and ATV Swim Spas have some features that are nicer. ATVs are a big deal for an intermediate price range. It has plenty of power water flow to keep anybody happy. Also, their customer service, installation and delivery were very nice. I was pleased with that and they called me a couple of times to make sure everything's okay.

I have the Kona Sport model. I've had this swim spa for seven months now and it's nice. It’s great, and has very good quality. It's a 14-foot swim spa that has three pumps with two speeds and that works well. It also heats fast. Sometimes, my wife wants to heat it up and use the spa features on it so we've been happy with that. I have a retractable solar blanket that I attached to the swim spa and that helps keep it energy efficient. It also has plenty of power with the selectable jets. It's in an enclosed patio area so it's protected. It's inside of a glass enclosure or sunroom that doubles as a greenhouse. I have plants and trees and stuff in there, so there's some temperature control to a degree. My wife uses it twice a week and I use it six times a week. We've had other guests who use it quite often too.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The ATV Swim Spas rep and I came to an agreement after I spoke with him and renegotiated the price. During the installation, we had to put a crane up over our fence and trees but it was well done and taken care of. They answered any questions I have and supplied me with my chemicals as part of their follow-up. The ATV is a lot better than the normal spa I had because it allowed me to do more things as far as exercise without putting pressure on my knees and just enjoying more people in it. Within the three months I’ve had ATV, everything seems to be functioning properly and keeps the temperature up. I'm very pleased with everything and it allows me to have a more enjoyable exercise routine.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I liked ATV Swim Spas better than others. I got to know about them through the dealer's website and I have owned one for almost a year. I use it for workout, to relax and for rehabilitation too. Having it installed was easy and it has impacted my life for the better. They're great and I’ve had a pleasant experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I love my ATV swim spa. It's a fantastic product because it allows me to work out. There was no local dealer in our area so I was my own contractor. However, there is a local repair guy that Marquis uses who is extremely good. We had one issue with the spa and he fixed it right away. The installation was a little bit strange because this is really not intended for someone like myself who is inexperienced to really execute it. I conveyed it to Stephanie who was with me on this in terms of the account.

I set everything up but we had to crane the spa in. I did all that work and put the pad in and all that kind of stuff. But then, what was interesting is there was no real good way to know what's the front, what's the back, what's the left side, what's the right side. It's a thing that a dealer would probably know and somebody like me who is self-contracting would not have. That was a little bit of a problem because when we put it on the pad, we actually lifted it up and had it turned around because the wrong side was facing the wrong side.

When they left and I opened up the spa, the stairs and the platform which are really very heavy were inside the spa. There was nothing on the outside of the unit that says front and back. I wasn't aware that that was inside. Had I done that, we had the crane right there it would have been very easy to take out. So there was a lack of communication there. I also spoke up about it with Stephanie. There was really not a good visual or a way to understand the stairs are specific to what side they have to be on and what end of the spa they'd be on. They were correctly communicated as far as she and I knew but the production people didn't quite understand her instructions.

They did it the second time and we were very careful about it. They did it wrong again but on the third time, they got it right. I had to deal with disposing the two sets of stairs that I had and the company had to deal with making three sets of stairs for me. But other than that, everything got done the way it's supposed to. Stephanie is very responsive. When I had a problem, I got an answer. My electrician also found it very easy to talk to the technical people make sure that was hooked up correctly.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We love our ATV Swim Spas and we enjoy using it five days in a week. There were several people who installed it in and there was no way to crane on where we wanted the ATV which could have been a little smoother but it was okay. The team was very professional and thorough. They called us after it was installed to make sure everything was okay. They would help us with any maintenance if we need it. We had some difficulties delivering during the weather but they were more than accommodating. We also got some other chemicals from them. ATV Swim Spas increased the amount of activity in the house and just for us to relax. I would recommend them.

ATV Swim Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aquatic Training Vessels (ATV) makes four models of jetted, portable swim spas. It’s a part of the Marquis brand, which has been in business for nearly forty years. Marquis is headquartered in Independence, Oregon.

• Size: ATV makes two 14 feet models and two 17 feet models so you can choose how much swimming room you want. You can also choose between a water depth of 48 or 53 inches. All models have a single volume of water. All models have a single volume of water.

• Bowed sides: ATV swim spas have bowed sides, so they’re slightly wider in the middle than at the ends. This allows for broader strokes when you’re swimming.

• Accessories: ATV swim spas have hooks to connect resistance bands to at each end of the spa. You use resistance bands to make swimming it place harder. There are also places for attaching rowers so you can vary your workout.

• American manufacturing: All ATV swim spas are made in Marquis’ manufacturing facility in Independence, Oregon.

• Make-A-Wish: Marquis, ATV’s parent company, partners with Make-A-Wish to provide swim spas and hot tubs to children with life threatening illnesses. Since the partnership began, the company has helped make wishes come true for more than 700 children.

• Best for: recreational swimmers, people with limited space, individuals with injuries and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs