Learn More

2. Homeowners
  3. Swim Spas

4.7/5 (46 ratings)

About ATV Swim Spas

ATV has a reputation for making quality products built to last years. It’s also a leader in hydrodynamic performance products and offers versatile features to assist in training, physical rehab and health and wellness. ATV’s products are available through third-party dealers and are built for multiple uses.

Pros

• Custom-made
  • Versatile products
  • Year-round use

Cons

• Only sold through dealers
  • Often very expensive

Bottom Line

ATV’s spas offer the benefits of a pool, a hot tub and hydromassage jets all in one product for post-workout relaxation. Its swim spas are pricey but can be used year-round.

Top ATV Swim Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My experience with ATV Swim Spas has been very positive… The installation went pretty good… I've recommended ATV to pretty much anybody in my generation… Furthermore, it's a lot e...

Verified

About ATV swim spas

ATV’s swim spas let you swim as many laps as you want without turning and can be used year-round. They look like miniature pools with built-in hot tubs and hydromassage jets. They’re spacious and versatile, offering a full range of motion and various settings for both intense aerobic exercise and relaxation. Their sleek design includes lane markers and underwater lighting to help you train, and their steps are textured for safe entrance and exits.

ATV swim spa models

ATV swim spas are custom-built in Oregon and thoroughly inspected and approved before shipping to third-party dealers. You can find a local dealer by visiting ATV’s website. Here’s a quick look at its product line:

• ATV-17 KONA: Ideal for intense swim training year-round; includes whitewater jets to maximize workouts
  • ATV-17 SPORT: Similar to the KONA but with extended training space; bigger for intense sport training
  • ATV-14 SPORT: Made for rigorous strength training and low-impact exercise
  • ATV-14 SPLASH: For swimmers who want a less intense workout; provides a more relaxed flow
  • V150 SWIM SPA: Fits up to 10 people; combined hot tub and swim spa for play and work
  • V150W SWIM SPA: Combines many features, with lots of space for exercise or relaxing and whitewater jets for high-intensity training

ATV swim spa prices

Prices for ATV’s swim spas vary greatly, ranging from $15,000 to $50,000. The price of your ATV spa depends on your retailer as well as the spa’s size and model. There are also associated costs to consider, like installation and maintenance. You’ll need to budget for the following: electricity, filling it with water every four months or so, treatment chemicals (usually about $500 a year) and filters, which need to be replaced every so often.

ATV swim spas FAQ

How long do ATV swim spas last?
With proper care, an ATV swim spa should last for many years.
How much do ATV swim spas cost?
Typical costs for a swim spa range from $15,000 to $50,000 or more.
Does ATV offer installation services?
Installation depends on the third party you buy from — most offer installation.
Where is ATV located?
ATV’s factory is in Independence, Oregon.

Are ATV swim spas worth it?

ATV swim spas are usually cheaper than outdoor pool installation, but they’re still pricey. That price includes many benefits, however, and the smaller size is often more convenient than other options. If you’re looking for a new and convenient way to combine aquatic exercise with play, then ATV swim spas might be worth the cost.

ATV Swim Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ATV Swim Spas?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

ATV Swim Spas was the one that was on the floor when we went to the dealer and it was the first one available. The interaction with the installers was excellent. I’ve had it for about a month and we enjoy it.

Get buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We've had out ATV swim spa since November. It's easy to use and good for swimming, and we like it. We looked at seven different brands and I tested a bunch of them, and the value that we would get from ATV Swim Spa seemed to be the best and a lot more than that of the other brands. One of the pumps burned out right off, so we had to get that replaced, but the company has been very open and receptive in helping us with any issues. Also, we used a lot more electricity than we anticipated, but other than that, we’re very happy with our swim spa and we really enjoy it. I would definitely refer people to ATV Swim Spa to get one.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We were looking for something that my wife could workout in and ATV Swim Spas' floor model was the first one we found. We bought it and when we had it delivered, their reps lifted the spa over the top of the house to get it in the backyard and built a deck around it for us. The people that came and built the deck as well as the cover over it did a wonderful job. We also had to build a handicap access so that my wife could get in and out of the spa.

My wife loves to swim and she loves the spa. She’s out there about six days a week. Given her injury, she doesn’t use it like a typical swim against the currents although she turns on the currents every now and then. She likes the little massage thing that she gets to sit in the chair and have the jets on her. She also likes the music that is embedded into the spa and that makes her workout even more advantageous. She likes the size and the depths of it, too. It’s perfect and she would love to have one at our house at all times for the rest of her life. One thing that we would like to see on it though is an automated opening of the roof so that I don’t have to be out there to help her open the cover every time. I would like to see a handicap chair as well that would lift her in and out of the spa.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My experience with ATV Swim Spas has been very positive. We've had a hot tub and the swim spa from Nokomis before. Upon my research ATV seemed to be one of the better brands. I bought the swim spa at Paddy's Pool and we have it for four months. The installation went pretty good. We didn't have any electrical and stuff so we had a floor pad and then brought electrical to it. Having this swim spa was better in terms of the ability to exercise. I have bad knees. It was very easy to get in and exercise with those knees. I've recommended ATV to pretty much anybody in my generation. You can get the same impact as a swimming pool but better because of the streaming of the water. Furthermore, it's a lot easier to maintain than a swimming pool.

Original review: March 30, 2018

ATV Marquis is a known excellent brand and they've been very knowledgeable and helpful on my questions. And they did an excellent job installing the swim spa. I did the site prep and all we had to do was have the crane lower it in place. We didn't have any issues and it was up and running within a day or so. I've had this swim spa for five months now and it is an excellent device. We have the Kona version so it has the class four jets in it. Overall, it's very easy to use and maintain. We use it about four to five times per week and with the winter condition we're having, it's pretty good. And the ATV with the Covana Legend Cover is an excellent combination because it is electric. My wife has a hard time lifting the cover so, just turning a key makes it much more usable. It is an excellent product and a great investment.

Original review: March 29, 2018

ATV has good quality products and I live right next door to the manufacturer. I bought a swim spa from them and I have it for two months now. Their customer service reps were very polite and considerate people. The installation also went very well but it was a difficult thing to accomplish. The spa had to be lifted above my house, put in the backyard with a crane, and the whole process took four hours. Other than that, it's been familial bliss to use the spa.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought my ATV swim spa at the fair. When I found it, I fell in love with it. It was just the overall package. Installing it was a great pain though. There were no crane companies that could do it because it’s so large. I had five different crane companies and I had to keep paying for all these companies to come out. I would get a day off work to meet up with one company and then they would say they can’t do it. They kept telling me another company would be able to do it and we would start again the next week.

I’ve also already had to call the maintenance on the swim spa but it was a quick fix. The technician worked on the electrical and now it works. So far, I like most of the features but I did not like the stairs setup. It was overpriced and I didn’t buy it. They told me not to. But now, the swim spa is so high. I'm basically climbing in with a giant ladder. But I have the added thing to help flip open the top and it blocks the stairs. That’s where it goes so it doesn’t really make sense. Despite that, I have been trying to convince all my family members to get the swim spa. I have been recommending it to everybody, the swim spa and not the actual company.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A local place was selling ATV Swim Spas, so we decided to go with it. The installation went well and the installers were great and really professional. We’ve had the swim spa for six months and we get enjoyment out of using it. Overall, it’s been a really good experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

When it was decided that the therapy pool that I was using wasn't going to be run afterhours anymore, I looked at various models and varieties of swim spas and the Marquis spa was the one that I was most comfortable with. Also, Gib-San, the company that put in my original swimming pool, was prepared to do the whole process of building it for me. I wanted it partially in the ground so that I could easily get in and out of it. I was concerned with the neighbors as well and I didn't want to interfere with their enjoyment of their gardens, so I didn't want anything too high. We're in the city so the yards are reasonably very close together. And I've got the spa set up for year round use but outdoors, so the insulation capacity was important to me.

I've always been impressed with Gib-San's workmanship and follow up. I went and looked at the lovely Canadian-made products, too, but it was a matter of buying the spa, finding a contractor, supervising everybody, and organizing the timing, which I had to do all by myself and I wasn't prepared to do all of that. So because of the reputation of Marquis and the installation company, I went with them.

When my swim spa was installed, things went pretty well. There was a bit of a glitch because of a misunderstanding between the person who was overseeing it and as to exactly where I wanted it positioned. But that was rectified. There was also a little bit of an additional charge for digging and when we had to have a crane over the garage to get the spa in properly. But it was a fair price and I was very happy with it.

I'm using the spa everyday essentially as a therapy pool that's why I'm keeping it warm at about 38.5 degrees, so it's warmer than body temperature. I'm also using it for a little bit of relaxation after I finish. I like the fact that it has the seats and that I've got one of those built-in connection for radio or music because that is really good when you're exercising rather than just swimming in it. And when the installation of the swim spa was underway, I had to go in and have further hip surgery, so it has been a Godsend.

One thing I don't like about the swim spa is the weight of the lid and that I can't get on and off myself. I have to get someone else to do that for me to open it. And because I'm just exercising, I'm only using it where it's open halfway. Also, it had a silicone insert in the headrest and somehow that dislodged and lodged itself in the filter system. So, maybe they could send me a new insert for my headrest. I noticed one of the side panels is a bit loose, too. It was bizarre because when it came out, it looked almost like one of those jelly children sandals. When it was fished out, it was very odd and nobody could figure out what it was and where it came from. It's also not the sort of thing you'd think would be loose.

The company that did the installation has also been handling the service for us, so they come once every two weeks and make sure everything's the way it should be. That has been really good because it took the load off my husband who would otherwise have had to deal with all that. It's a whole package that's why working with them has gone so well. I would recommend this swim spa to people. In fact, I was showing it to people this weekend and talking about it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We’ve had my ATV swim spa for three months now and we like it. We've been going in it several times a week and it's been pretty nice. The installation was very easy and the installers did a good job. We’ve been getting more exercise since we've had it. I'm happy with our experience and I've recommended ATV Swim Spas. It's out of the budget for most people, but if somebody has it in their budget, they're nice.

ATV Swim Spas Company Information