4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Aquatic Training Vessels™ deliver the ultimate swim spa experience. ATV™ swim spas benefit from nearly 40 years of Marquis innovation, offering superlative flow dynamics, versatile features, and world-class build quality. Whether your goal is next-level swim training, general health and wellness, physical rehabilitation or good old-fashioned family fun, ATV swim spas are the go-to choice. Benefits of ownership may include better swim technique, increased range of motion, improved cardiovascular health, injury recovery, weight management and better sleep. Contact us today to learn more about the ATV product line and to receive pricing and financing information.

ATV Swim Spas Video
ATV Swim Spas Gallery (6)
View More View More

46 ATV Swim Spas Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

ATV Swim Spas was the one that was on the floor when we went to the dealer and it was the first one available. The interaction with the installers was excellent. I’ve had it for about a month and we enjoy it.

Get expert buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We've had out ATV swim spa since November. It's easy to use and good for swimming, and we like it. We looked at seven different brands and I tested a bunch of them, and the value that we would get from ATV Swim Spa seemed to be the best and a lot more than that of the other brands. One of the pumps burned out right off, so we had to get that replaced, but the company has been very open and receptive in helping us with any issues. Also, we used a lot more electricity than we anticipated, but other than that, we’re very happy with our swim spa and we really enjoy it. I would definitely refer people to ATV Swim Spa to get one.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We were looking for something that my wife could workout in and ATV Swim Spas' floor model was the first one we found. We bought it and when we had it delivered, their reps lifted the spa over the top of the house to get it in the backyard and built a deck around it for us. The people that came and built the deck as well as the cover over it did a wonderful job. We also had to build a handicap access so that my wife could get in and out of the spa.

My wife loves to swim and she loves the spa. She’s out there about six days a week. Given her injury, she doesn’t use it like a typical swim against the currents although she turns on the currents every now and then. She likes the little massage thing that she gets to sit in the chair and have the jets on her. She also likes the music that is embedded into the spa and that makes her workout even more advantageous. She likes the size and the depths of it, too. It’s perfect and she would love to have one at our house at all times for the rest of her life. One thing that we would like to see on it though is an automated opening of the roof so that I don’t have to be out there to help her open the cover every time. I would like to see a handicap chair as well that would lift her in and out of the spa.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We had a Marquis hot tub, so we thought we'd try the Marquis swim spa. We investigated several but ended up going with Marquis' Infinity model. The hot tub warehouse sent two guys over, but all they did was unpack and then leave everything for my plumbers and electricians to hook up. We were told to figure out how to get it to our house and how to install it. We had to organize all that ourselves. It wasn’t great and really unprofessional. In addition, I had to make arrangements to have it shipped from Toronto to where we live which is about two and a half hours north of that. We found out all this after we purchased it, so it was a bit of a pain. We're happy with the spa, but the actual purchasing experience wasn’t that wonderful.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A local place was selling ATV Swim Spas, so we decided to go with it. The installation went well and the installers were great and really professional. We’ve had the swim spa for six months and we get enjoyment out of using it. Overall, it’s been a really good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ATV Swim Spas?

Original review: March 31, 2018

My experience with ATV Swim Spas has been very positive. We've had a hot tub and the swim spa from Nokomis before. Upon my research ATV seemed to be one of the better brands. I bought the swim spa at Paddy's Pool and we have it for four months. The installation went pretty good. We didn't have any electrical and stuff so we had a floor pad and then brought electrical to it. Having this swim spa was better in terms of the ability to exercise. I have bad knees. It was very easy to get in and exercise with those knees. I've recommended ATV to pretty much anybody in my generation. You can get the same impact as a swimming pool but better because of the streaming of the water. Furthermore, it's a lot easier to maintain than a swimming pool.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The closest town to us that sold swim spas had two different brands and I liked the one from ATV Swim Spas. The spa seats in the other brand were like bucket seats and I liked that the ATV's have a chair feel to them. I thought it was more comfortable. Where our house is located, there was no access for the installation so we got permission from a neighbor to use their driveway for this big boom truck crane. We bought a 14-foot spa and this huge thing flew through the air and swung over part of the house and over the fence. It was like the best part of a circus. We previously had workers put in a cement pad for it so it was ready. The neighbors being nice neighbors was a godsend and the people who installed it were great too.

The person at the local store where we bought it from had worked with our pool and he understands the mechanism of the whole. We'd say, "Oh, what's this?" And he would tell us not to worry. He was just a very handy guy to have. The quality of his service is a selling point for anybody that sells these. If they have great service people on hand to help out, then anybody would buy one. We had a good time with the installation and the spa worked fine. We've only had it since June but it's great. We had an outdoor pool before that we couldn't use it in the winter months but with ATV, I get to swim year round. I also liked the different speeds of the jets for the different strokes.

Original review: March 19, 2018

ATV Swim Spas was recommended to me by the dealer. I've had the swim spa for a little over a year now and I recommend somebody gets one too. It's a lot of fun and that was why I did it. For the installation, they had to pull it up over the house with a crane. I live in a little housing place and they craned it three stories up so I wanted to make sure it didn't fall. When they set it down before they were to go put it on the patio, the guy who was overseeing the project asked how much weight the patio can take. He said that we could set it on there but when the swim spa is full of water, the weight is going to crack the concrete because it wasn’t reinforced concrete. We found out just in time and we ended up getting an engineer. I had to get the whole patio taken out and a whole new pad put in with reinforced concrete. It was $7,000 for that and I've had a lot of people ask me if I would get it again and I say, "Hell, yeah."

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought my ATV swim spa at the fair. When I found it, I fell in love with it. It was just the overall package. Installing it was a great pain though. There were no crane companies that could do it because it’s so large. I had five different crane companies and I had to keep paying for all these companies to come out. I would get a day off work to meet up with one company and then they would say they can’t do it. They kept telling me another company would be able to do it and we would start again the next week.

I’ve also already had to call the maintenance on the swim spa but it was a quick fix. The technician worked on the electrical and now it works. So far, I like most of the features but I did not like the stairs setup. It was overpriced and I didn’t buy it. They told me not to. But now, the swim spa is so high. I'm basically climbing in with a giant ladder. But I have the added thing to help flip open the top and it blocks the stairs. That’s where it goes so it doesn’t really make sense. Despite that, I have been trying to convince all my family members to get the swim spa. I have been recommending it to everybody, the swim spa and not the actual company.

Original review: March 17, 2018

ATV Swim Spas had three different sizes and most of the other competitors either had one or two. The middle size was the right one for us and most of the other ones didn’t have a middle size. It also had features like the multiple jets, the fountains and stuff for the kids. It's a full-featured product. We've had their product for eight months now and it's a high-quality product.

The one thing that's kind of weird is the cover. It's a silly design. It could definitely be redesigned to work a little better. They basically took two hot tub covers and just slapped two hot tub covers on top of it. So when I close it, the middle gap doesn’t come together right and it's costing me about 20 bucks a month on my power bill. Then when I open to cover it, it blocks my view out of both ends. It should have a hoist to flip it up on its side, not on the ends. It seems the design of it is a hack. But other than that the spa itself is great.

The installation was great as well. We had our whole backyard torn up so it was relatively easy. They backed the truck in and put the thing down on the slab and that was good. We use the ATV Swim Spa every day and our kids love it. My son has learned how to swim in there. We do a lot of sports so it was nice to get to the spa after we were tired and achy.

ATV Swim Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aquatic Training Vessels (ATV) makes four models of jetted, portable swim spas. It’s a part of the Marquis brand, which has been in business for nearly forty years. Marquis is headquartered in Independence, Oregon.

• Size: ATV makes two 14 feet models and two 17 feet models so you can choose how much swimming room you want. You can also choose between a water depth of 48 or 53 inches. All models have a single volume of water. All models have a single volume of water.

• Bowed sides: ATV swim spas have bowed sides, so they’re slightly wider in the middle than at the ends. This allows for broader strokes when you’re swimming.

• Accessories: ATV swim spas have hooks to connect resistance bands to at each end of the spa. You use resistance bands to make swimming it place harder. There are also places for attaching rowers so you can vary your workout.

• American manufacturing: All ATV swim spas are made in Marquis’ manufacturing facility in Independence, Oregon.

• Make-A-Wish: Marquis, ATV’s parent company, partners with Make-A-Wish to provide swim spas and hot tubs to children with life threatening illnesses. Since the partnership began, the company has helped make wishes come true for more than 700 children.

• Best for: recreational swimmers, people with limited space, individuals with injuries and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs