Xbox

3.0/5 (969 ratings)

About Xbox

Xbox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xbox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews?

Original review: May 5, 2020

I bought a Xbox 1 game from the Microsoft store. The game was from Ubisoft (The Division). In order to play the game, you must create a Ubisoft online account. I tried to create an account a couple times a week for about 3 weeks with no success. I gave up and asked for a refund and explained why. I was told simply that I waited too long and was denied a refund on a game they sold me that I can't play.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I’ve had my XBox One for six years. I totally regret the switch from PlayStation. This has been the biggest piece of garbage console I’ve ever had! This thing crashes often, it’s NOT user friendly, there are so many glitches and problems that I don’t quite know where to start! This console constantly loses interface with my audio system! Constant reboots are annoying! I wish I had stayed with PlayStation for sure. All of the Kinect features are absolute trash and don’t work as intended. Don’t waste your money on the Kinect feature. I’ve had to replace the console three times also. The power supply has been replaced twice.

The entire console and accessories are garbage. Just hooking up a simple headset turns into days of troubleshooting why the mic doesn’t work. Yet my other headset worked just fine. I buy headsets specifically for XBox console and they have problems. Amazing! Shame on Microsoft for such a FAILED game console. I wouldn’t recommend XBox One to anyone!

Original review: April 23, 2020

I got banned for telling someone to "stfu" literally just like that, when they messaged me first calling me bad. So Xbox allows bullies but when you defend yourself they ban you lmao. Xbox is garbage.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Been a long time user of Xbox. I’m even a XB Ambassador. Purchased my Xb1X 1 year and 3 months ago and I called about my Xbox not playing 4K DVD’s anymore. They said I would have to pay for a brand new one. Why would I buy a new Xbox a year after owning it? Seriously? That’s how we do service these days? Pay $300+ for 1 year of usage just to turn around and pay $300+ again? Not the type of service I expect from a multi-billion dollar company who supposedly cares about loyal customers.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have had an Xbox for a year. 1st couple weeks it crashed all the time then like 2 times a month it would crash. I have a PlayStation and have had it for more than 2 years and it has never crashed. Idk what is up with Xbox but this is ridiculous. It has even turned off the Console. This is freaking ridiculous. It’s a piece of **. I would buy a PlayStation anytime.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I find the XBOX ONE to be a big piece of garbage. The 360 was far better in every way possible. The only thing that the Xbox one has for it is it can play blu Ray. That if you can get it to play them at all.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My account was banned for 7 days because I sent a copy and paste message to 5 of my friends. Here is the message “Can I ask if you can gift me the Star Wars emblems in the Fortnite shop? I literally can’t get anyone to do it please and thank you very much.“ Now these gifts, were free. I did not ask anyone to go and BUY me anything. I tried to repeal my ban. I was met with a questionnaire 10-12 questions. If you got 1 wrong then you had to start over. I tried but kept getting about 4-6 in until getting 1 wrong. Then I was locked out after 5 wrong attempts. I then contacted customer support where I was told there was nothing they can do. They only handle billing.. Oh yeah they only take your money is what they are saying.. So fed up.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Very disappointed with the Xbox One, I have always been an Xbox fan, I had the original and the 360 which were amazing consoles. My Xbox one lags way too much and I know it's not my wifi because my PS4 Does not lag whatsoever. On top of that the system is slow and anytime I change a game the system goes retarded! It has trouble reading discs and won't work until I restart it a couple times.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

My son signed up for a 3-month subscription to Xbox Live. Only 3 months. Microsoft billed my credit card for this. Then, to my surprise, there was another charge after the 3 months were up. I called Microsoft but could not connect to their Customer Service. I guess they don't have enough people to answer questions so I sent a couple of emails to them about my issue and requested for a refund. It was only for about $28. However, to my surprise and shock they said they have to decline my request for a refund because their rules don't allow it. Hello???? I did not sign up for any recurring billing.

Beware that Microsoft must automatically sign you up for a recurring billing without you even knowing about it and after they charge your credit card you can't do anything about it. This is why I am NEVER going to purchase a Microsoft product and am telling my family and friends to also not purchase their products. I guess this is why companies like Apple and Amazon are growing and Microsoft is a lame duck. They know how to treat their customers. Microsoft seems to be money hungry and won't even refund you $28 even if it's not your fault. OMG! Beware if you ever purchase a Microsoft product. If you are forced to just don't give them your credit card. You might just find a surprise non-refundable charge on your statement.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I had 2 Xbox one. Unfortunately, the first one die 13 months after buying it, and with one of my games inside. They sent it to be fixed and they bought the parts but couldn’t recovered the disc inside the game. So I decided to buy another one. After only 3 years it die again, with another game inside the console. What a waste of money, it’s a ** product and not worth it at all. I am very disappointed with the quality of those consoles. Funny enough I only play 3 times a week for 30min Max and sometimes I go for months without playing it. Don’t buy it. Waste of money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

After 10 years of being an XBOX user I will be switching to PS4 PRO as soon as I find an even trade. I spend more time updating my games on XBOX ONE than actually playing. At least on PS4 I can still play single player while waiting for my game to update. XBOX will not allow you to play any portion of your game if it needs an update. With my internet situation. That is intolerable.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have had Xbox Live since 2012. Microsoft does not make it clear that you will lose your remaining months of Xbox Live that you have already paid for if you cancel your subscription to Game Pass Ultimate. They convert your Xbox Live and they could just as easily convert it back if you cancel. I was paid up until Feb 2020 with Game Pass Ultimate and would not have canceled if I had known I would lose everything.

Here is why I canceled. In MS Infinite wisdom they made the app required to play their games on the PC only available to PCs that had the latest feature update from May 2019 "1903". My PC is about 6 years old and still works great. MS says it is nearing the end. It shows me the 1903 update but says my PC isn't quite ready and as soon as it is it will download and there is nothing I need to do now. I thought why am I paying for ultimate when I can't even play their games on my PC so I canceled. It was a month before I figured out what MS had done to me. MS probably thinks I will jump right back in and get my "LIVE" back but they are wrong. I learned in that month I don't need "LIVE". I saved myself $60 a year and I also quit making any other purchases like movies and games. They also ripped me off when I purchased any 2 movies and should have gotten a $5 gift card but never did. I don't care to be ripped off so I don't give MS anything in return.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Servers are always down! This is by far, the Worst service ever! And to think Google Stadia was even worse. Nope! I'd rather stick my head in a toilet than to be tortured by bad services, bad kids, always down servers, not letting me sign in, floatin' bull dung! (I had to replace the F and S words because of guideline reasons.). If I had to pick getting run over by a car and this awful service, I'd pick getting run over by a car. I got hit by one myself at the age of 4 in April of 1990 in South Philly. Almost 30 years ago. If this keeps happening, not only will gamers suffer from this outage outrage, but the gaming industry itself will suffer too as they won't make any money from DLCs or those God-awful microtransactions. (I am against microtransactions myself. So I won't be picking up GTA Online or The Crew 2.)

Anyways, it's so bad that even the website itself won't lemme sign in to notify me on when it will be back. Plus, I don't even care for online gaming anyway, I only use the service to buy DLCs on my only two games: The Sims 4, and Forza Horizon 3. And that's it. I cannot afford to buy more games let alone a monthly subscription to Game Pass. I'd give it the worst grade if I could, but with the way the industry is, I'll give it a D-.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My 12 year old son got a Xbox Elite controller for Christmas and two months later the right trigger stopped working. I called and they sent a shipping label to ship it back to them. I called three weeks later to find out the status due to website saying you will be contacted in 5-7 days. When I called they said they just received it the day before so it took 19 days for shipping. That is not right. I own a business that ship stuff every day so I know it does not take that long. Then two weeks later nothing. I call back. They then say they got a empty package and they had to look into it. I waited now a week with nothing but one email saying they are looking into it. I asked for a supervisor to call me. Takes three days to email me back asking what number. Then 5 days to get a call.

The supervisor tells me the same thing and he is moving it up a level but he was trying to say it’s my loss due to them getting an empty package. I emailed him the picture of the shipping label receipt from UPS with showing there was the controller weight in the package. Now I have been waiting 2 weeks to get another call or email that I was told I would get in 3 days. This is the most unprofessional customer service I have ever seen. I do not recommend Xbox to anyone looking for a gaming system. They have lost my whole family that had 5 Xbox systems. I will never touch one again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

For almost 3 years I have been trying to recover my account, I had NEVER entered to wrong password and I'm being told "Sign-in is blocked. You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." While I know both my account and password are correct I have been locked out and every number I call is disconnected and every time I try to get help I am told I need to sign into my account to recover it. And I have spent over $300 on this account and am considering switching to PlayStation because this is just ridiculous.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Last year I bought an Xbox One X. A couple weeks ago I started experienced an error where I would be booted from live/wireless network after an avg of 20 minutes. Weird I know that detail right? I was in stuck a loop of customer service for a week, and know for a fact because I was asked this same question 10 times. I was thrown around to new reps, forced to tell the same stories. Then when I finally reached someone that had answers I was told I was just barely past warranty, it was a faulty Xbox, and would cost me near price of goods to "get it looked at". Cannot even stream movies reliably on my Xbox. I am burnt, will not be purchasing another Xbox. I will not rearrange my apartment for my Xbox, owned by PS4 for 6 yrs no problems. That is cheap customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Xbox One sucks! Every time I turn on it has to download upgrade. So disappointed. I bought 8 games so far from Walmart and all of them have used all my memory and have not saved any of my progress. What happened to buying the disk, put it in and have fun playing. Now it's like put in and wonder how long it's gonna take to actually get to play. I hate to say it but my PS4 is a lot better system. Gonna try to sell my Xbox to some poor fool that wants to waste his time. Sincerely, a long time Xbox fan no more.

Original review: June 12, 2019

First off I sent my Xbox in for a repair. I got NO email saying that my Xbox was getting shipped back to me. I logged into my Outlook and happened to figure it out from that. I contacted maybe like 8 people in 2 days with the SAME issue. (I wanted the address changed) Multiple people said they would change it and never did... I got ahold of one person and they said I need to change it on my own. I also called FedEx multiple times and multiple people told me they didn’t have my package...

I get my Xbox back and the cords I sent with the Xbox are not there! So I contacted Microsoft AGAIN asking where my cords are. The only response I get is that it takes 7 to 12 business days to receive the cords back AFTER you get your console. I told them I suggest they let the customers know to not send the cords in with the console and I was told that they do send out an article saying to not send your cords, which if I got one I wouldn't have sent my cords out with it... I asked about a tracking or asked what address they will arrive at (since I asked to change my address multiple times) and they told me that I just need to call and ask if there’s a package for me (I am assuming at FedEx) 10 to 12 days from now. Thank you Microsoft for the horrible customer support... I never want to deal with you guys again.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My Xbox live account was hacked and the hacker purchased 2 Xbox live gift cards. Right after purchasing them, the person redeemed them. Xbox said since I didn’t catch it before the gift cards were redeemed, that they couldn’t issue me a refund. Even though I had nothing to do with the transaction and the gift card was purchased and redeemed on their platform, they couldn’t resend the gift card from the half that redeemed it or give me my money back. They told me I would have to take it up with my bank. Terrible customer service and even worse is they take no accountability on what happens on their platform. For one of the world's leading technology companies, they can’t do much to resolve an issue with a customer. They are good at wasting customer's time and money!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Ordered some in game currency for a game I enjoy playing but didn't receive it. After speaking to support, they advised that I place another order and they will refund me for the previous one because it didn't go through but I still got charged. Same thing happened again, I got charged and didn't receive anything. After requesting a refund, my refund request got denied for no apparent reason. I didn't realize Microsoft was in the business of stealing customers' money. Whoever is running the Xbox support team, they need to be FIRED Immediately. Third world country type support quality and theft practices.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Xbox support are not helpful!!! They don't assist their customer and even threatened them!!! If I can give zero star I will!!! I will not recommend Xbox to all my friends because of this. I'm very disappointed by this 2 supports' service and I will make sure that all the social media will know how bad Xbox support service on their customer!!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

There are people out there who actually deserve a ban or suspension from Xbox live. We have 3 accounts £150 a year and a lot of that is spent having to deal with suspensions of accounts for little kids having a hissy fit and hitting the report button. It's meant to be for gaming. It makes it frustrating, boring and unfair. Friends lose games so hit the report button, then you are left with unfair suspensions and told to jump through hoops to try and get it back.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered the Xbox Live Gold package for my 14 year old for £39.99 for 12 months. They charged my credit card twice so I contacted their customer service for a refund. They have told me that I'm ineligible for a refund. This is theft and should be illegal.

Original review: May 21, 2019

So I got suspended for 24 hrs because of a text-I admit I did it. The person I did it to works for the Xbox Live Microsoft enforcement team. He is a cheat and modder. He also hacked my Microsoft acct and changed my password every time I reset it. There is no phone number to discuss my problem or email. The enforcement team is a scam and force kids to pay them to keep their acct. It is so corrupted. Looking into a class action lawsuit to stop this.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Poor support!!! Ignoring and not assisting a customer is not good in your service!!! Even say that, "I cannot assist you." So this is xbox support!!! Is this the pride of your support by not helping your customer and ignoring and being rude to your customer!!!! Also the name of the support was Jefty **.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Microsoft has endless pop-ups on their "free" games. If you accidentally click on a pop-up when you think you are clicking on the game, they automatically charge your account. Then when you request a refund, they refuse. This is no better than stealing your money! I QUIT!!! I legitimately spent hundreds of dollars to play Seeker's Mystery. (Dumb, I know. But I'm very competitive.) They did not value me as a customer AT ALL! Microsoft has lost a good customer for all products.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My problem with XBOX is this. Every time a purchase or subscribe to anything on XBOX, I am always charged an additional dollar, even if the purchase is unsuccessful. I was told that I would receive my one dollar back in a few hours. I never receive it. I wonder how many customers are unaware of this!! My guess, MILLIONS. I have tried to talk with Microsoft but the Reps are beyond rude. I had to result in filing court papers against Microsoft which they will receive soon. I advise all customers to look into this. Right is right, wrong is wrong..Period!!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Buy and Xbox and then pay money monthly to Microsoft to use online features that never work. Xbox's are absolute garbage. 95% of the time you buy a subscription and wait the whole month for the game to either update or download. I buy Red Dead Redemption 2 and wait a month for it to be downloaded even with the console wired up to the modem with high speed.

So what am I paying for? Them to put out garbage and nickel and dime you for nothing! Meanwhile every day it finds updates for every other game, it's always completely redundant. This sham they pull off to suck your money and wifi for their garbage console and games is absolute B.S., like I can't even use the wifi on my phone or watch videos bc Xbox is constantly trying to update. The download speeds are horrible. It can't keep a steady download with a wired connection for 10 seconds without stopping bc it's a piece of crap! You can't even watch a movie without it freezing out on you halfway through! Pisses me off enough I even have posted this.

Can't believe they try to sell this. I'm 27 years old, this ** is ridiculous. I go to work. Do you think I want to play this stupid machine all the time? It's never even on the automatic updates are on and it's always going! Want to turn it on once in a while and whenever that day comes it never works! And you want me to pay for that! Nickel? They should be paying me for wasting my time! I could say a lot more, could go for days with the amount of problems with this garbage. It wouldnt be too pleasant. I will probably go drown my Xbox in a river now that I'm done here! Hell with Xbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

After trying to get ahold of someone in customer service multiple times. Calls kept getting disconnected. Finally I get a guy named David who seemed to know what he was talking about. My Xbox Gold auto renewed when I told them to turn that off. I didn't want to renew my subscription after giving away my Xbox to my nephew. Now after a month I call back. They said, "Sorry to be the bad news bear but we aren't giving you your money back." Still on hold to talk to a manager about this. How are they going to make me fill out a huge application and a step by step process on getting my refund and tell me I'll get it. Then to say I won't get it and not even try to inform me of that!?!? While trying to say they emailed me!?!? Liars. I am disgusted with their service, response time and professionalism.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I hate paying for Roblox and Fortnite. THEY ARE FREE GAMES!! I Shouldn't have to pay AU$10.95 each month to play online games that I can play for free on other platforms. Very disappointed. I WILL NEVER PAY FOR XBOX LIVE GOLD AND I NEVER WILL. I never got the free trial because I can't get it outright. Why do I have to pay for a monthly fee? Why can't I buy it outright? Like Nintendo Switch Online? I feel sorry for the people that have to go through the same hassle. I'm already switched to Nintendo but my brother has to go through the same hassle of not being able to play Roblox or Fortnite.