Xbox

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Well what happened was my account (**) got permanently suspended for "Marketplace Fraud". When my account was not in my procession what the person did was he logged in to my account and proceeded to get refunds multiple and Xbox did not like that so the enforcement team banned the account just a month after getting it back of the tier 3 team who got the account recovered from the person. I submitted case reviews and all I got were stupid replies of them saying that I broke the code of conduct. I told them in my comments that I did not do any of the stuff to the account but they did not care then when I go to the customer support they just end the chat after I bring up the word "suspended" or "banned" others just bring me to enforcement.xbox.com. Do not buy from Microsoft they are scammers and do not care about the customers all they care about is the money that they make.

Just bought the Xbox One with 1T storage for games, got it home to find 270 GB missing. Double checked my math with my computer tech buddies and 1T= 1000 GB not the 730 GB Microsoft gave me. Is everyone as sick of Microsoft as I am right now. They charge an arm and a leg and then don't deliver what they advertised. If you tell me that I am getting X for my money that is what should be delivered nothing less.

I bought an Xbox one and an Xbox live card and it never worked, called in trying to redeem and after trying for 2 and half hours to redeem on multiple devices causing me to finally drop my surface and break my digitizer problem was not solved!!! So I call back and now to fix my surface it's 450$ more than I paid for tablet in December. This company has no customer responsibility and don't care if they lose a customer. My decision is just jumping to ps4 and going to Apple on all my other devices.

Microsoft are seriously nothing but money grabbers. No loyalty to their customers whatsoever. After being a customer for 7 odd years, I don't know why I didn't leave them a long time ago. Stay away. I was perma banned for reason that were completely unjust. I opened a case review as this can happen from time to time due to people reporting you for the lols. This fact in its self is totally bogus. Anyhow, I expected that they would take a look at my case and find that I was banned in error. This did not happen. Instead the ban was upheld and I lost everything, including a fair sized digital game library. The reply they gave me had nothing to do with what I was supposed to be banned for. They didn't even look at my case.

To make matters worse. The only way you can communicate with the enforcement team is by opening a case review. You get 500 words to state your case and once you have done so, you can no longer communicate with them, leaving you totally defenseless. It's a real shame because I did enjoy my time with Xbox and might have continued with their services with the next gen console. However I'm kind of glad this happened. It's given me the kick in the behind I needed to stop with using their services with their corrupt policies.

So to sum up. Microsoft DO ban people for no reason, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. Either way, the chance of getting what you paid for back, are slim to none. The reason seems to be that if they uphold your ban, you might pay again for what you have already paid for. And if you don't then on the grand scale of things, they're not really losing much money. Microsoft Xbox are corrupt. Believe it or not. There was a time I would have recommended them to anyone looking for a good gaming experience. But now I strongly warn against their products and services. This has happened on more than one occasion.

I ordered an Xbox One bundle that stated that it would arrive by Christmas. I received part of my order, called customer service and they said the rest would not be sent for two weeks. No explanation was given except 'we don't send gift cards out for two weeks'. I ordered this bundle with the guarantee that the entire shipment would be received by Christmas. They lied!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Had my account set to auto renew, didn't update my billing and my account was closed. Called to find out why and when they explained I said I was fine and didn't need a Gold account. Then I was banned from Xbox for not paying my past due after they had already shut down my Gold account, I couldn't even access the free content or my games that were saved to my pins. When I called Xbox I was told I needed to pay the past due, even though they had already closed my Gold account. Would strongly suggest people get away from Xbox since they have no loyalty to their customers.

I am sure there are numerous others who have had to deal with Xbox running slow or not being able to get online and when we call in we get a generic "We are sorry for the inconvenience". No reimbursement just sorry for your bad luck, but when Xbox feels that you owe them they want their due, even if they are at fault. Boycott Xbox.

I need/calling for Xbox Microsoft to do something about this so called enforcement team. I feel like I'm being bullied/harassed by these people and nothing is being done about it. All I've been told is that there is nothing Xbox or Microsoft can do about my suspension. I do not believe that there is nothing that can be done about it from an outside source rather than the enforcement team. How can Xbox tell me that they granted a department the ability to suspend players and that there is nothing Xbox can do to lift the suspension, that sounds like total bull to me. And then Xbox says that there is no way to communicate with the enforcement team which is also bull.

We the players made Xbox what it is today. If it wasn't for us Xbox would not be as big as it is. We buy you, we play your games, we invest so much money and time, we the players, and we deserve to be treated better. Xbox allowing the enforcement team to mess around with our accounts and telling us there is no way that they can help us, is not a good example of Xbox protecting our accounts/interest. I can't communicate with friends for 15 days just because these so called enforcement team felt like blocking that feature. I play a mature game with mature graphics and with mature language, I have my settings to underground so I can play with grown mature players. I have never done or said anything to justify my communication being blocked for 15 days by the enforcement team. Something needs to happen because this is not right.

My son's Xbox Live account was opened over 2 years ago. He has since joined the military and has not accessed this account for almost a year. I called 3 months ago and asked them to stop the billing that happens every 3 months at $24.99; they assured me it was stopped. I was just charged again today and now after an hour on the phone they tell me there's nothing they can do to refund me the charge that JUST went through today – 3 months after I was assured that it would stop. I was told by the supervisor to call my bank and start a fraud claim, even though no fraud was committed. Xbox Live billing is a joke.

I honestly wish Microsoft would be straight with the public more than insult the customers with lies & deception. My case is my account was handled by a team called 'Enforcement' which is supposed to be the team with Microsoft but there is no contact number or ways of communication than your own file a review. To me honestly the game they now play sounds like a sham & in the end the failure I see from Microsoft is the only thing they do best is ignore the public but offer only false sense of a future to be linked to their services. Not to even mention the limits they have for respect on the phone to customer service alone. If you agree public or this is similar to your past then you're not alone...

My son's Xbox live and our Microsoft account has been locked out and suspended until 12/30/9999. I have files a case review with enforcement.xbox.com about the suspension and they revived the account and upheld the decision on cheating. Have been on phone with Microsoft for over 4 hours and 5-10 phone calls and they say there isn't anything they can do because the Xbox enforcement team has locked out the account and there is no phone # or email to contact them with an appeal. They have even locked me out of the enforcement website.

With them doing this my son will lose about $250 worth of stuff he has gotten from Xbox. He was hacked several months ago and I'm not so sure it hasn't happened again but Microsoft said they couldn't do anything with it because the enforcement team has locked out the account. Please help--this enforcement team is not GOD and they can do whatever they want and not ask any questions or review it again. My son hasn't been on his Xbox for the past 3-4 weeks and now why all of a sudden they suspend is account. Please help.

I am not happy with Microsoft and customer service. Over a week ago I brought a 3 month Xbox Live for £14.99 and it would not let me redeem it so I contacted Customer Support online. It's a good thing I did as would of cost me a fortune on my phone bill as they kept me on for over a hour and a half as I contacted them at 11:45 p.m. and finished at 1:30 a.m. Anyway they could not tell me why and kept saying it's my region is not set to United Kingdom which it all was. Then at the end of the talk the guy turned around and said, "Right, I see. It's our side that's the problem," so they will put in a report and will hear something the following Monday.

Monday came and heard nothing, so I emailed the complaint department the Tuesday and still no answer. Microsoft always says they contact customers with their problems straight away. Well they seems to be desired as it's been a week and still not received an answer. I have been with Microsoft since I was 15 yrs old. I'm now 30 and find it disgusting that I'm being ignored, and being spoke to like I'm stupid as kept saying my region and my settings is fine otherwise it wouldn't of done it last time I put Live on. I hope Microsoft sort themselves out or they will be losing customer, and will go to Sony.

I have been with Xbox from the start, from when the real Xbox One came out I have over 305 games for the 360 & 102 games for the Xbox One but I think I will burn or sell them after I lost over 2, 455 hours of gameplay saves for my games on the Xbox One. After 4.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft trying to see why I can't get my saves back, I now have to start from day 1 for every one of my games again but I am not going to play all my games over again. To trust that Xbox will save my saves for me what a joke they should've just kept it like the 360 put a jump drive in and you know that they are on it and not in the hack cloud.

I have over $14.000 worth of stuff for Xbox gaming for the 360 and the 1 console alone. They really screwed themselves to lose me and all my friends and family that were going to get one until this happened to me and I recorded the call, all 4.5 hours worth. I don't know what fantasy land the dumbasses at the top who run the company think that you never lose internet and that everyone has internet and to think you should have to go online just to play a game by yourself sitting on your couch is just showing that they are on drugs. I cannot believe I trusted them to save my saves for me. I am not playing over 2,455 hours to get back to where I was in all my games. Not going to happen!!! Your big loss Microsoft. All there needs to be more people who get screwed over like me and it will be no time your company dies. The countdown has already begun and you're losing more gamers every day, tick tock... Wish there was a lower score than 1 star.

Consumers should be aware of the danger Microsoft is putting them in. Xbox puts NON-RECHARGEABLE batteries in the controllers. These controllers are meant to be recharged so why would Xbox put non-rechargeable batteries in them? Contacting customer support (lol if you call it that), to find that there is no support at all. A waste of time to contact Xbox for anything.

The batteries (Duracell) clearly states on the label that the batteries may leak or explode if CHARGED, or placed in a fire! No warnings on the carton, booklet about the batteries that come with the system. Does Microsoft (Xbox) care? Not at all, nothing they can do they say. Reported this to the safer products agency of the U.S. Government to hopefully put an end to this hazard and jeopardizing people's safety for a buck. Buy a system with real customer support if you can find one, not a do it yourself customer service.

I just bought my 12 year old son an Xbox One console for his birthday thinking that this console accepts Xbox 360 games (which is clearly advertised on the box) but it doesn't!!! I found out later that they only accept a very limited amount of 360 games. It should of been clearly advertise because in thinking that this was possible I bought for $200.00 worth of 360 games that finally my son can't use. It's his first Xbox console and the last. Microsoft should be ashamed of their behaviour.

My city has slow internet service. Cannot play Xbox One games without downloads. Downloads for system and downloads for games. I spend way more time updating than playing. My latest game Doom will not play until 17 GB update is loaded. I am 3rd generation Xbox owner, never again. Throwing this stupid console away and purchasing PlayStation.

My xbox 1 controller burned itself one day and I called to see if I could get a replacement. What a big mistake that was, I wasted my time talking to people who couldn't understand simple English. Then I was passed to a special department that had a robot to sort through people but it also could not understand a thing. I eventually gave up trying to contact them through phone and got on their website.

When I started a chat with a person from support I was surprised to have to repeat what I had typed multiple times. They asked for my address, phone number, and email before even mentioning they needed the serial number. By that time I had waited for them to process everything, at least 5 minutes each, they said that I had no warranty. I have had my console and controller less than a year and this is the garbage I have had to deal with. I'm very tired of dealing with Microsoft's problems and I honestly think they'll kill my passion of gaming before the end of the year.

I do not have an xbox acct, but money was taken from my bank account. I called, they said it would be refunded. Waited 3 weeks and got nothing, they said it was issued - wrong. 45 minutes on the phone arguing about getting my money back they tell me they need ANOTHER 24-72 hours to investigate the problem. They put my acct in the negative cost me $34.00 bank fee for over drawing my account and need more time. They are refusing to refund me the $34.00 and now I can't even get the $25.00 they initially took. I am EXTREMELY pissed!!

When I asked for his bosses info they refused to give it to me. (Not even sure if that is legal...) THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I have never had such a hard time getting my money back as they have given me. I am a single mother of 2, it may only be 25.00 which now cost me $59.00. But that was ALL I HAD. I will make sure everyone I know hears how Xbox has ripped me off even if I have to post something on all the newspapers, social media, etc.

My son Xbox One won't work. I called Xbox One customer service. They told me they don't fix them, I have to fix it myself, to go buy a flash drive, download something and fix it myself. What is the point of even calling them. No management to speak to. Won't buy Xbox products again...

I bought my 11-year old son a brand new Xbox 1 and it was broken out of the box. Well we spent and hour and a half on the phone with them and they finally had us mail it in and they sent it back BROKEN! They said there was nothing wrong with it. -_- Right. So we run an Ethernet cable to it for it to work. Problem solved? Nope! It completely stopped registering any type of Internet connection.

So we called and customer service who was a nice guy who seemed to want to help. BUT we talked to the customer service MANAGER who wouldn't help us at all. He was very rude, condescending and very unwilling to help. He continued quoting the rule book about how we're out of warranty. He spoke over me numerous times and was very unprofessional. We knew it was out of warranty but considering the problem was never fixed to begin with they could've have a little empathy for the matter and helped us out. I'll be throwing this thing out and my son and all his friends will switch to PS4. Good riddance!

This comment is to all corporate gaming companies. First, it baffles me how Xbox is still in business! I was recently thinking about switching over from PlayStation to Xbox. But after viewing a lot of the negative comments, I am definitely not buying any Xbox product. Second, if PlayStation is smart they will capitalize on this and makes their console/customer service better. And make the PS vita more compatible. I do not understand how any corporation with this poor of customer service could still continue to rip off people and be indignant to their consumers. Xbox will not be getting any of my money or time until this improves. This is an instant where you do not get what you pay for. If I am going to fork out 100's of hard earned dollars on a product, it better be worth it. Again, Xbox, or any other console corporate morons. WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR???

I have played Xbox for almost 10 years. In April of 2016 they banned me. I was illegally hacked 10 of thousands of dollars that I have spent on my profile were just taken away. I provided tangible proof to Xbox and Microsoft. I was told by a Xbox representative that "I was lucky I was getting any help from them at all". I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also a Arbitration. I have been in constant contact with an Attorney. Xbox still has not unbanned my account, as I was told I would have it back by Friday 06/10/2016, and still I do not have my account. I have spent a lot of time on the games that I have on my profile. I have put a lot of hard earned money into the games I play and Xbox just took all that away from me and is keeping my Profile.

They say their decision is upheld. This is unfair as they have all the proof they need to see that it was not me that committed the actions on my account that lead up to the enforcement action. What I am going through is unfair and gamers just like myself need to know what has happened to me as it is not right for Xbox just to take something away from the gamer and not investigate it further.

As a Christmas gift for herself, my housemate bought an Xbox Kinect. The first challenge was getting it to connect to our internet. That took a few tries, but since we were all excited that wasn't much of an issue. We started with the sports games like beach volleyball, bowling, baseball, etc. There were also dancing games and all of these were a lot of fun. There were times though when the Xbox had difficulty detecting multiple players. That killed a bit of our excitement. Nonetheless, the Xbox is great to have and share especially when family and friends come over.

DO NOT BUY XBOX!!! THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!! We bought an Xbox One for our family for Christmas. We loved playing it for about a month and a half until it broke. So we called up support and they had us send it in for repairs. About one month later we got it back. Surprise it was still broken. So we sent it back in for repairs. About 3 weeks later (beginning of April) we got an Xbox One back with a letter saying that we tampered with it and that it is no longer under warranty.

I called Xbox support, furious. They said it was weird that we got that letter and said they would open up an investigation. I called a week later because I had not heard back. They said that they don't even see an investigation was opened. I called over and over trying to get this figured out. Two weeks ago I called and some guy named Mike told me that it was figured out and he was going to send me an Xbox. We never received one. So I called back again yesterday. After being on the phone for about 3 hrs, they tell me that it is FedEx's fault and I need to make a claim against them. So basically Xbox is telling me that I am screwed. Because I can't prove that FedEx tampered with it, so they aren't going to do anything. I am so frustrated!!! Beyond frustrated. Don't support Xbox, they are a horrible company. They lied to me over and over again!!!

DO NOT BUY XBOX ONE! This console REQUIRES internet to play. When you buy this console there is no bold print stating that this console needs internet to startup. First thing you have to do when you take this console out the box and plug it in is download the initial install, otherwise this console is useless to you. You can't play games. You can play DVDs, or audio CDs. I feel like I have been tricked into buying this console by Microsoft. I recently bought a new game called DOOM, and when you insert the disk it tells you a update is required in order to play this game. There is no way around it. So I spent money to stay at a hotel so I can download this update which was around 3.4 GB. After the install I played the game, turned it off, went home. The game does not work offline to play a single player campaign. You have to have the console online to play this game at all. It will not boot. It just restarts the console to the home screen.

I've also had this problem with other games. I one time updated a controller, then could no longer play two player games because the other remote needed an update. Called customer support and they hung up on me because they could not help me and I had no other questions. So the CSA hung up on me. I'm spending wayyy more money than I should have to. I bought the console. I bought the game. So therefore I have the licensing and should have the right to play this game as I please. Internet is just not possible where I live. I'm surrounded by trees. And it's just too expensive. You will not enjoy this console unless you have lots of money and time. This console will not play the following unless you have internet: Blu-ray DVDs, regular DVDs, audio CDs, game disc, media from a USB device videos or pictures.

Everyone is getting rid of Xbox one for these reasons and getting a PS4. I suggest you do the same. It's sad I will never experience future Halo games. But I'm just not rich and refuse to put another dollar towards this money pit. Hopefully Halo and other exclusive games will see the scam going on and will refuse to be Xbox One exclusive anymore so we can enjoy their hard work on any console of our choice. Xbox one has officially lost the console war in my opinion. Definitely lost me after speaking with their rude customer service agents. Btw, I was a diehard Xbox fan. They just screwed us all. Buy a single player game. You expect to be able to play it, no strings attached. No fine print saying internet required. I'm looking at the game now. I don't see the fine print. Think I need a lawyer.

For six months I've been dealing with my twelve-year-old son's Xbox Live Gold account being unable to purchase the Games with Gold games of the month through the Xbox website. I've spent over twenty hours on the phone and in chat with Xbox customer support. They were never able to figure out why my son couldn't make purchases, so they repeatedly issued tokens for 1 month of Xbox Live Gold for myself so I could make the purchases on his behalf, but I always had to come back a month later and walk through the whole long, stupid troubleshooting process with a completely new person before they figured out it wasn't anything they could fix so they'd issue me a token.

Finally, I came across a tech support rep who said he knew what the problem was and it was just a policy that they couldn't change and that he was sorry that no one ever knew that was the case and that it wasn't public knowledge. He said I should talk to a supervisor to get some sort of recompense for the fact that we were not getting what we paid for and that I had spent six months being misled by customer support.

So I called and spoke to a supervisor, who said that the previous guy was wrong and that indeed, they still couldn't figure out what was wrong with my son's account and that it was probably broken, so we should create a new account (without all the stuff my son has unlocked and purchased in the last five years) and that they couldn't issue a credit to my account to make the purchases (like they had for the last six months) without taking away his Gold account (that he paid for).

They couldn't give a $30 credit to solve the problem, but they could ask him to give up five years of data? Nice. I'm flabbergasted. It literally would have cost them pennies to have made this right, but they chose to be jerks about it. I've never been so disgusted with a customer support system, and I have to deal with Comcast on a regular basis. I pointed out the ridiculousness of their proposal and how it was completely unfair to ask that of him, but she stubbornly refused to offer any token of regret, and then doubled down and proceeded to suggest that somehow we might have been responsible for the fact that my son's Live account didn't work correctly on their website. All we did was type his login stuff into their fields and click their buttons on their devices and websites.

Congrats Microsoft - you're too big to have to care about your customers anymore. I run a small tech company, and if this is how you treat your customers, I can honestly say I will do all I can to avoid working with you guys and your products in the future. I will also recommend to my friends and customers that they look elsewhere for their tech needs.

I've been an Xbox guy since the beginning, and we were in the market for an Xbox One, but I'm honestly looking at Playstation now. I just can't overstate how disappointed I am. I get it - my disappointment won't keep you from going to sleep on your mattress stuffed with money, but this level of disdain for your customers will come back to bite you. You can't allow this sort of culture of greed and dismissiveness to exist without it becoming a cancer that eats away at you from the inside. So here's to hoping your stock crashes. Cheers, A former Xbox fan.

A few months back I had bought Xbox live gold for the whole year like I always do. That's 59.99. It's half way through the year I paid for and today I was playing destiny. It's a online game. When I took a break, turn off my Xbox and when I finally got back on my Xbox my Xbox live gold was gone. I couldn't get back online. It's telling me I had to buy it again. So when I called they have no record of me even buying Xbox live gold then they said my Xbox gold was expired since August 8, 2015. I'm like what the hell. I bought Xbox gold a few months back. I been online all this time. I been playing destiny all day and that's a online game but you telling me there no record of me having nothing. They said "there nothing we can do" and they hung the phone up in my face. Be aware of Xbox. Do not trust them anymore. Keep records of everything if you deal with them and even then they still might lie about it.

Ok, about a year and 3 months ago I bought myself an Xbox One. Why did I do that? The community is TOXIC and the customer service was null and void. So I cancel my subscription. For the next year I was charged anyway on a banking account I no longer used. So with every "monthly charge" I also received a fat 35 dollar overdraft fee! So over the last year Microsoft xbox live has cost me close to 500 dollars for a service I no longer used. It gets better. One day the payments finally stopped. You see I was calling and canceling this same subscription on a monthly basis. One day they finally stopped. A couple of months later Microsoft xbox live was at it again. This time 2 charges 5 days apart.

I call them AGAIN. "Sir we apologize for any inconvenience. We can only refund you 'THIRTY' DOLLARS!" Ok fine. Here we are 2 months after xbox live's and myself's last conversation. No 30 dollars. So I call them again, only 30 dollars but MY 30 dollars you know? Well I was informed that they have no record of me. No e-mail, no phone number, no xbox live account. Period. Even though almost 2 months ago was the last time they debited my account. No record of my card or any payments. No record I ever did business with Microsoft xbox live. I don't exist, and you will not either. THIEVES! I can't imagine how many billions have been made through these backwards underhanded tactics. That is my story to go with all the other complaints. Thanks for listening.

My son received a gift card for 3 months of Xbox Live. Okay, that was cool since you can't really play the games without it. Well, he is 14 years old and didn't know about "turning off" the AUTOMATIC charges that happens if you put in a gift card. Needless to say we were charged for a year of Xbox Live services that he never used or knew he had. So, finally I figured out the email he used and cancelled the service but hmm, they still charged me even after for months until I caught it again. They double charged me one month for some reason.

When I contacted them they REFUSED a refund for ANY of those charges. I now understand why they are such a rich company, they literally rob people. Steal people's hard earned money and say "too bad we got you." It was difficult for me an adult to figure out how to find the place to cancel this monthly charge that I NEVER agreed to pay. My son had a gift card, we never agreed to pay them monthly. Also no refunding when you can clearly see no activity for months, and also a double charge? They should be out of business for the level of corruption this company is known for. I will never purchase from this company again, and I am appalled at how much they STOLE from me. It even said it was cancelled a year ago but hmm whatever, they can just steal from people I guess.

7 years ago I bought my first Xbox. I started up a gamertag and then not long after started up a second. The second ended up being long forgotten and I spent the last 7 years playing my main gamertag. Over time the email associated with the second gamertag became my email for absolutely everything in my life except my Xbox gaming account. All I want to do is move it to my main email address and consolidate my accounts so I no longer have such drama with multiples. It appears Microsoft has made this impossible. All I wanted to do was come down to ONE gamertag and after HOURS of messing around I have managed to wind up with THREE! Now I have to wait THIRTY days to attempt to remedy anything any further.

How is Microsoft so incredibly incompetent? I have subscriptions with Microsoft on both emails and all I want to do is make it all into one. Sounds simple enough right? WRONG! Not only have I now had to go through the hassle of creating multiple emails JUST to fix this (which is hours of "this user is already taken") but a 30-day wait to do something is absurd! Not to mention they say they can't even do it. I then tried to consolidate on a new email and make an alias. I created a new fresh email and tried to link it by selecting "add existing email" but it came up in red writing "this email already exists, please choose something else." YOU DON'T SAY!!! I JUST created it for this exact purposes. You don't think selecting "add existing" hadn't already said that. Poor setup Microsoft. Actually, beyond poor. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS!

So I am not left with but one option. Set my main account up with a NEW gamertag and absolutely start from scratch. Erasing SEVEN YEARS worth of achievements. If you are going to make it so everything in Microsoft is linked, then you should at least allow people to link their correct accounts! Good job Microsoft. A multi-billion dollar company and you can't even link correct accounts! Never thought I would contemplate getting rid of everything Microsoft before. I've always preferred it but after this ridiculous runaround, I'm tempted to get rid of it all.

I purchased the Xbox One on January 27, 2016 Elite Bundle for $543. On January 28th 2016 I attempted to recover an account from a few years back. I mistakenly went back to Xbox after a falling out with Sony over the PSN. The process is grueling to recover an account, it took 4 hours with the supervisor and finally I had access and all of my information was updated. Three days later I am locked out again! I am still on the phone with them as I type this, I know there is not going to be a solution. Basically they are saying that there was a "Glitch" and the system went into a security protocol and I will be unable to access my account for 30 days. Which means... No DLC, Games, or other services associated with the outlook.com account.

The first call I put in was escalated to a supervisor, we troubleshot for an hour, argued a bit, then he agreed to give me a 12 month Gold subscription for my troubles and I could make a new account and after 30 days link the old one... Until the phone disconnected and all was lost. I called back, got disconnected, I called back a third time. Guess what? Yep disconnected. Imagine that. Now I am on the phone with a nice lady who really does care and thinks that this is "absurd". She is talking with her "team" and the "team" is calling me a liar and saying that they will not honor the initial solution because there are no supporting notes. The so-called security settings are a freaking joke. The verification process is way over the top. I am very disappointed with this purchase, the supervisor response, and the overall experience with Microsoft.

The inept and unhelpful people I have had the pleasure of working with are the reason for my negative review. I have had bad experiences in the past with various companies, but this one takes the cake. I am genuinely shocked at the lack of problem solving skills these supervisors have. I have been advised that I should contact the Microsoft legal department (Refusal to disclose name and ID **). Essentially this is a clear case of "Passing the Buck" due to an inability to problem solve at the lowest level of customer care.

I want to go on the record saying that while Sony has had some issues with the PSN, however I have never, ever had a issues that was this convoluted. I have asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I have been informed by the customer service agent that the supervisors are no longer responding to her, and she does not know why. The cases have been reviewed with me to include the notes on the account. There is a ton of missing information.

Xbox Company Profile