Xbox

3.9/5 (617 ratings)

About Xbox

Xbox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xbox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I recently got into PC gaming again. Now instead of buying a PC game on CD discs, you use a gaming platform. I recently purchased a game thru Microsoft. Now all MS games go thru XBox, even PC games. The game did not download. I called MS/Xbox to say that after 6 hours there was no progress in downloading and I wanted to cancel and get a refund. The customer service agent for MS said that she would get could not transfer me to Xbox customer service because they were busy. She gave me a reference number and told me to ask for a credit from my bank using that reference number, okay... So maybe this is how they do it now for these gaming platforms, great, so I did. Bank issued temporary credit. Next month bank reverses credit saying MS "fulfilled its obligation" and will charge me.

Called MS back, MS says to call Xbox, Xbox says it took too long, their return policy is only 14 days. Told them I called them that same day, gave them the reference number that I was given to give to the bank to show them I called that same day. Xbox kept denying the credit only saying it took too long. Never got an answer on whether they checked to see if the game was downloaded or if I ever played on the game on their platform which they should be able to check on to see my gaming activity on their platform very easily. Instead, we can't issue you a credit because it took too long sorry. Bottom Line, do not use MS/Xbox game platform for your "PC" gaming.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Ok I been gaming in the background, meaning not streaming my gameplay. But as soon as I do something that the other group of guys that have thousands of viewers can't do I Do I get suspended for say "follow me on Twitch," with the game clip of how good I did something and fast. Banned me for a day, and why we can broadcast our gameplay on twitch from our console. And am being punished for saying "follow me on twitch," that what it say in the Xbox enforcement notes on why I was suspended, which is Kalvin06. That's my gamer tag name. Please help. I am lost. Can anyone help me understand.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

If you want a company that nickel and dimes you stay with Xbox. What a total joke of a company. Not a huge gamer but I definitely won't be with Xbox. I'm switching to Playstation ASAP. Can't believe that today you can only play games on Live with friends. I thought spending $60 a game I should be able to co-op. Lol.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I have had nothing but issues with this company since I left PlayStation a few years ago and boy was this week the last straw! I bought 19.99 pack of COD points and got a error and never received anything... Just took my money.. Asked Xbox support for a refund and was denied because they refunded me on Cyberpunk Which everyone received a refund on due to the game not working, they said I received too many refunds and sorry about my luck. I contacted my bank and disputed the charges today just to get my money that they straight up stole and will be selling this Xbox this week. GOOD RIDDANCE. Will never buy from these people again.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I was recently double charged for game credits for 42.79 because the game crashed and I tried to get it a refund because I seen on my credit card statement that there was 2 charges for it. I first initiated a refund on their website and was denied a refund because of their return policy. I already reached my limit on refunds which was only 2 prior refunds. I then disputed the denial email which got denied again so I call Microsoft and get told there is nothing they can do about it. I got to email the department because there is no phone number to talk to anyone in that department.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and get told, "No." I get hung up on multiple times and nothing got done so I finally am disputing the transaction through my credit card company which is gonna take 90 days which sucks but at least they aint stealing from me now but I dont understand how you can refund something you never got in the first place. Very bad customer service and response from them. Extremely angry and unsatisfied with them... Might look into Playstation after all this took place.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

They trying to get money by false pretenses. Trying to take from my card when they know I use gift cards. Tried talking to them and they ignored me but they still trying to get more money. I have sent a complaint to BBB I wish I knew where else I could complain too as well. They need to get something done about this.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Make sure you remove the membership from all profiles on your system. Two years ago I canceled the Xbox Gold Membership to only be charged the next year. They refused to refund me because I didn't get my credit card statement until after 14 days after they charged me. I had them remove everything on my profile for credit card info, but this year I was charged again! Turns out it saved my credit card info in my husband's profile too. Needless to say they refused to credit back my account again. Really upsetting that they had it in their notes that I attempted to shut it all down the year before and still chose to deny my refund. Will never purchase a membership through them that is recurring ever again. They are one of the companies that would rather screw a person over than actually fix an issue.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I already contacting for the third time but these supports they don't want to help to my problem that I have, is this kind of customer support they provide because in my experienced they don't want to help me. They will tell you first they will help you but in the end it was nothing. Why they review their customer service that they provide.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have called three times to try and fix my account, and they state it is going to take 30 days just to change my phone number. Customer service also said that my son's Xbox account shouldn't be touched because he was logged in. Well, that same day, his account was deactivated, and now nobody in customer service can help me.

I am very unsatisfied that nobody can help me fix this right away and that nobody in customer service can help. Still, they can continue to transfer you to other departments that they should already know are closed. They gave me the website for Xbox but told me that I had to sign in with my account (my account is locked) and then said to sign in with somebody else's account so they could help me. Not a very helpful company at all.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Two games purchased off market place. Both worked for a week now freeze and cannot be played. One is monopoly plus. They told me the games were already played and cannot be refunded. Criminals. It’s not an actual disk is digital. So now stuck with games I cannot play. Livid. Piss poor.