Xbox

1406 Xbox Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Well I prefer Xbox. I get to download all my favorite music and watch Netflix and Youtube, and my kids get to play all their favorite games and movies. They have the gold package where they can download any game that's available to their choice.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Xbox one X is a great design, but why does something that costs so much not come with a gaming headset? The original 360 and one X both had headsets, but now you’re latest and greatest console of “all time” doesn’t even have a headset. Come on...

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Even though I'm only playing a 360 I love how entertaining the Xbox system is. The range of titles is fantastic and I'm never bored. The EA NHL franchise is my favorite and continues to improve every year. My next system will be in the XBOX family.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Drops wifi connection fairly often, fan is loud, but overall the Xbox One X is a great console with awesome graphics and great features. It's also good for streaming movies and watching Blu rays. The UI is simple and intuitive. I love the controller size - comfortable to hold. Buying things from the Microsoft store (games, etc) is very easy using your Microsoft account. I'm very happy with the system.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have had very good time playing Xbox and excited about graphics. Enjoyed playing, scenery and watching fx. Just set CD in and play without any worries. Played until my fun level was full and just stop and gone to eat. That is great gaming.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

Original review: July 7, 2019

Last year I bought an Xbox One X. A couple weeks ago I started experienced an error where I would be booted from live/wireless network after an avg of 20 minutes. Weird I know that detail right? I was in stuck a loop of customer service for a week, and know for a fact because I was asked this same question 10 times. I was thrown around to new reps, forced to tell the same stories. Then when I finally reached someone that had answers I was told I was just barely past warranty, it was a faulty Xbox, and would cost me near price of goods to "get it looked at". Cannot even stream movies reliably on my Xbox. I am burnt, will not be purchasing another Xbox. I will not rearrange my apartment for my Xbox, owned by PS4 for 6 yrs no problems. That is cheap customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Xbox One sucks! Every time I turn on it has to download upgrade. So disappointed. I bought 8 games so far from Walmart and all of them have used all my memory and have not saved any of my progress. What happened to buying the disk, put it in and have fun playing. Now it's like put in and wonder how long it's gonna take to actually get to play. I hate to say it but my PS4 is a lot better system. Gonna try to sell my Xbox to some poor fool that wants to waste his time. Sincerely, a long time Xbox fan no more.

Original review: June 12, 2019

First off I sent my Xbox in for a repair. I got NO email saying that my Xbox was getting shipped back to me. I logged into my Outlook and happened to figure it out from that. I contacted maybe like 8 people in 2 days with the SAME issue. (I wanted the address changed) Multiple people said they would change it and never did... I got ahold of one person and they said I need to change it on my own. I also called FedEx multiple times and multiple people told me they didn’t have my package...

I get my Xbox back and the cords I sent with the Xbox are not there! So I contacted Microsoft AGAIN asking where my cords are. The only response I get is that it takes 7 to 12 business days to receive the cords back AFTER you get your console. I told them I suggest they let the customers know to not send the cords in with the console and I was told that they do send out an article saying to not send your cords, which if I got one I wouldn't have sent my cords out with it... I asked about a tracking or asked what address they will arrive at (since I asked to change my address multiple times) and they told me that I just need to call and ask if there’s a package for me (I am assuming at FedEx) 10 to 12 days from now. Thank you Microsoft for the horrible customer support... I never want to deal with you guys again.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My Xbox live account was hacked and the hacker purchased 2 Xbox live gift cards. Right after purchasing them, the person redeemed them. Xbox said since I didn’t catch it before the gift cards were redeemed, that they couldn’t issue me a refund. Even though I had nothing to do with the transaction and the gift card was purchased and redeemed on their platform, they couldn’t resend the gift card from the half that redeemed it or give me my money back. They told me I would have to take it up with my bank. Terrible customer service and even worse is they take no accountability on what happens on their platform. For one of the world's leading technology companies, they can’t do much to resolve an issue with a customer. They are good at wasting customer's time and money!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Ordered some in game currency for a game I enjoy playing but didn't receive it. After speaking to support, they advised that I place another order and they will refund me for the previous one because it didn't go through but I still got charged. Same thing happened again, I got charged and didn't receive anything. After requesting a refund, my refund request got denied for no apparent reason. I didn't realize Microsoft was in the business of stealing customers' money. Whoever is running the Xbox support team, they need to be FIRED Immediately. Third world country type support quality and theft practices.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Xbox support are not helpful!!! They don't assist their customer and even threatened them!!! If I can give zero star I will!!! I will not recommend Xbox to all my friends because of this. I'm very disappointed by this 2 supports' service and I will make sure that all the social media will know how bad Xbox support service on their customer!!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

There are people out there who actually deserve a ban or suspension from Xbox live. We have 3 accounts £150 a year and a lot of that is spent having to deal with suspensions of accounts for little kids having a hissy fit and hitting the report button. It's meant to be for gaming. It makes it frustrating, boring and unfair. Friends lose games so hit the report button, then you are left with unfair suspensions and told to jump through hoops to try and get it back.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered the Xbox Live Gold package for my 14 year old for £39.99 for 12 months. They charged my credit card twice so I contacted their customer service for a refund. They have told me that I'm ineligible for a refund. This is theft and should be illegal.

Original review: May 21, 2019

So I got suspended for 24 hrs because of a text-I admit I did it. The person I did it to works for the Xbox Live Microsoft enforcement team. He is a cheat and modder. He also hacked my Microsoft acct and changed my password every time I reset it. There is no phone number to discuss my problem or email. The enforcement team is a scam and force kids to pay them to keep their acct. It is so corrupted. Looking into a class action lawsuit to stop this.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Poor support!!! Ignoring and not assisting a customer is not good in your service!!! Even say that, "I cannot assist you." So this is xbox support!!! Is this the pride of your support by not helping your customer and ignoring and being rude to your customer!!!! Also the name of the support was Jefty **.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Microsoft has endless pop-ups on their "free" games. If you accidentally click on a pop-up when you think you are clicking on the game, they automatically charge your account. Then when you request a refund, they refuse. This is no better than stealing your money! I QUIT!!! I legitimately spent hundreds of dollars to play Seeker's Mystery. (Dumb, I know. But I'm very competitive.) They did not value me as a customer AT ALL! Microsoft has lost a good customer for all products.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My problem with XBOX is this. Every time a purchase or subscribe to anything on XBOX, I am always charged an additional dollar, even if the purchase is unsuccessful. I was told that I would receive my one dollar back in a few hours. I never receive it. I wonder how many customers are unaware of this!! My guess, MILLIONS. I have tried to talk with Microsoft but the Reps are beyond rude. I had to result in filing court papers against Microsoft which they will receive soon. I advise all customers to look into this. Right is right, wrong is wrong..Period!!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Buy and Xbox and then pay money monthly to Microsoft to use online features that never work. Xbox's are absolute garbage. 95% of the time you buy a subscription and wait the whole month for the game to either update or download. I buy Red Dead Redemption 2 and wait a month for it to be downloaded even with the console wired up to the modem with high speed.

So what am I paying for? Them to put out garbage and nickel and dime you for nothing! Meanwhile every day it finds updates for every other game, it's always completely redundant. This sham they pull off to suck your money and wifi for their garbage console and games is absolute B.S., like I can't even use the wifi on my phone or watch videos bc Xbox is constantly trying to update. The download speeds are horrible. It can't keep a steady download with a wired connection for 10 seconds without stopping bc it's a piece of crap! You can't even watch a movie without it freezing out on you halfway through! Pisses me off enough I even have posted this.

Can't believe they try to sell this. I'm 27 years old, this ** is ridiculous. I go to work. Do you think I want to play this stupid machine all the time? It's never even on the automatic updates are on and it's always going! Want to turn it on once in a while and whenever that day comes it never works! And you want me to pay for that! Nickel? They should be paying me for wasting my time! I could say a lot more, could go for days with the amount of problems with this garbage. It wouldnt be too pleasant. I will probably go drown my Xbox in a river now that I'm done here! Hell with Xbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

After trying to get ahold of someone in customer service multiple times. Calls kept getting disconnected. Finally I get a guy named David who seemed to know what he was talking about. My Xbox Gold auto renewed when I told them to turn that off. I didn't want to renew my subscription after giving away my Xbox to my nephew. Now after a month I call back. They said, "Sorry to be the bad news bear but we aren't giving you your money back." Still on hold to talk to a manager about this. How are they going to make me fill out a huge application and a step by step process on getting my refund and tell me I'll get it. Then to say I won't get it and not even try to inform me of that!?!? While trying to say they emailed me!?!? Liars. I am disgusted with their service, response time and professionalism.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I hate paying for Roblox and Fortnite. THEY ARE FREE GAMES!! I Shouldn't have to pay AU$10.95 each month to play online games that I can play for free on other platforms. Very disappointed. I WILL NEVER PAY FOR XBOX LIVE GOLD AND I NEVER WILL. I never got the free trial because I can't get it outright. Why do I have to pay for a monthly fee? Why can't I buy it outright? Like Nintendo Switch Online? I feel sorry for the people that have to go through the same hassle. I'm already switched to Nintendo but my brother has to go through the same hassle of not being able to play Roblox or Fortnite.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My son received abusive messages, calling him ** and a **, the other player knew his age as he asked him (11). My son asked him who the ** is he? I told my son. I warned him not to talk to people he doesn't know and he deleted the chat and blocked the gamer then he received a notification with a two week ban! So it's ok for potential pedophiles or bullies to harrass gamers then file a complaint when they instigated a situation, the only way to appeal is to answer a questionnaire where the questions aren't even coherent using negatives in the question to test whether you are familiar with American language?

Therefore I failed the questionnaire twice (an adult). Suprise suprise. I can't file an appeal! These morons at Microsoft making so much money off the kids in add ons they make their own rules up so they don't have anyone to deal with. The online chats are abouts as useful as ** on a fish as they can't help. They just send a link back to the questionnaire.. This company is so arrogant I hope another platform is introduced and you get your eye wiped! You are a joke!

Original review: April 13, 2019

If I could wrap this console up in one word it would be headache. I purchased it brand new from Consco for my kids for Christmas. I constantly have to hard reset it because it tells me there is no game inserted. The controllers disconnect every few minutes and sometimes you have to power cycle to reconnect. There are very few multiplayer games for local use. Expensive dlcs.The graphics aren't what they hyped them up to be. Xbox live is a joke and the gold membership is highway robbery. Save your money. Do research, I wish I would had got a Nintendo switch. Anyone want to trade?

Original review: April 12, 2019

Xbox Live was great and the best gaming experience in my life for years, I've had a gold subscription with them for the last 12 years, but recently they updated their terms and service to ban you if you engage in any belittlement or communicate in a way someone may find "offensive." My first ban was due to me talking ** online about 1 year ago, I used profanity. Which I agree now looking back I shouldn't of said some of those things (swear words only, I have never physically threatened harm, or used racial slur, which is totally agreeable for account action to be taken). So learning my lesson I excluded myself from using profanity online.

I guess the old days on the first Xbox, and Xbox 360 days are long gone when people did get offended on swearing, there was this cool thing called "THE MUTE BUTTON" and that was the way things worked socially back then. (GETTING COMMUNICATION YOU CANNOT SEND MESSAGES, OR HAVE PRIVATE CHAT WITH FRIENDS.) My second time I got banned, I decided to communicate in a manner I thought would be more acceptable, sarcastically dumbing down insults to the preschool, kindergarten level. I got banned for use the most extreme language ever, are you ready... I called an individual who purposely griefed online game play, a "Glue Eater" YUP, that's all it took for BAN NUMBER 2! How exciting is this!

Here comes my most recent and last ban, which has made me so upset, I have canceled my subscription with Xbox! In a game that is PAY-TO-WIN I used a weapon that gives me a slight advantage, I received the follow message from a fellow player on the other team "premium gun using sob" Here is what "sob" stands for "Son of a **". So here is my reply that lead to my ban. "idgaf". Within 10 seconds after I sent that message, ban! An automated system, instead of real humans evaluating these reports. I encourage you if you are a mature gamer and thinking about buying a Xbox go watch some reviews on the Xbox Live communication system. I was a loyal customer spending $100s a year if not $1000 in a single year. I hope this review has helped you in making a decision to not buy an Xbox. "Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me" - RIP

Original review: April 11, 2019

Xbox One S bought for my birthday from Best Buy is broken seven days before my next birthday. So, doesn't matter if when you actually open the box it's when Best Buy sold it that warranty begins. I am trying to wrap my head around that one now and it's one in the morning, wtf. I should be in bed. I have a job. I have been in denial for years. I've been double and triple charged for downloads. I've been locked out of my own account. Had my gamer tag changed to ** for security reasons then charged to change it back. I just took it and kept playing and paying now my console I never physically touch decides its broken?! Seven days out of warranty and it's 150.00 to start service order.

I found these complaints and I realize it's not an isolated incident. I am just one of many being swindled by this company. It's not an accident at all. It’s carefully created fraud on a huge scale. Bill Gates pretending to be a philanthropist when his company is, has, and will continue committing fraud is quite ironic. I want to believe there is a hell and every dog has their day, but I know there isn't and I'll never see justice done, ever. My only advice is avoid this den of thieves and Microsoft's Xbox One S and remain free of this despondency I feel now.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Got ban for my gamer picture a dude holding a gun. Anyone turns on their Xbox there's going to be a gun on the screen advertising a game with some of those games also advertise slaughtering, stabbings and shootings and I get ban for a dude holding a gun. Is that profiling and discrimination????

Original review: April 6, 2019

It has been 10 days plus and I still did not receive my refund for Power Rangers Battle for the Grid. What a bunch of liars. It is as if these game companies just feel that they are above the law at times and can just do/deliver what they want to the public. Nway. Microsoft and the Xbox brand. SHAME ON YOU! #powerrangersbattleforthegrid

Original review: March 29, 2019

Last month, Resident Evil 2 deluxe edition I pre-ordered was charged again a few days after my initial purchase. I had to open a dispute with PayPal cause Microsoft didn’t seems to understand the problem. It seems, that, since they created that refund policy this became quite a mess. What they see as a transaction is not real money transactions. Not like on PayPal and most of the time, dates differ. For that game, they finally refund me at the end of the dispute a few minutes before PayPal review the file, saying that they already credited me and PayPal said that the dispute was closed not in my favor, which I found hilarious. Anyway, I had my money back so I thought I could let them a chance and just try to forget it and turn the page. So I bought a new Xbox One X on their site and took my preorders back (DMC5 and MK11); I was so frustrated by that issue that I had cancel everything.

March 6. I’m charged for Devil May Cry 5 deluxe Ed. Good game which I completed in almost 5 days minus 2 hard achievements. March 12, while I was still playing and trying hell and hell, my mobile beep with an email receipt saying thanks for DMC5 deluxe Ed... I couldn’t believe my eyes. At that instant, I ran on my computer trying to cancel this without understanding of what just happened. Nothing work on Microsoft end. When I was finally able to ask for a refund, it was declined a few days later, saying that I ask for refund too much recently which is false but the probably also took my preorders cancellations for transactions when it was not.

Yesterday, it has been 10 days since I opened that last PayPal dispute that was declined because they said I already had a credit for that. After talking with PayPal on the phone for an hour, they finally realized it was not true and they just changed something in the case and send it again saying that I will be refund if they don’t answer after 10 days. So after being on stress about a fraud for 10 days, I need to wait another 10 days for nothing. This morning, I talking with Microsoft on the phone offering to send screenshots of my 2 charges for the same digitals game but they didn’t want to.

For 10 years now, this kind of things has never happened. For 10 years now, I was a great Xbox costumers, buying often, more digital then any others ways because I always check deals and it’s often less expensive that what I see in store and I like to switch games easy without a disk that can break with time. Now, because of some glitches in their system and also the fact that they are so stubborn, they will probably lose a good customer, a good gamer that just bought a new console because he wanted to continue with them. This is a sad day...

Original review: March 27, 2019

PSA Buyer Beware!!! Microsoft doesn't care about their loyal customers. I purchased a Xbox One X at release and it is a lemon. It will fail you and not power up. My console wasn't abused and this greedy company wants to charge $250 to fix it (half of what I paid for it). I bought a $500 lemon just over a year ago. They know it and I know it. They won't even meet you halfway on it. Have had countless issues in the past 13 years. If you buy the Xbox One X, make sure you get the extended warranty, they are just waiting to get more of your money when it fails!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

The customer service is absolute trash. This is the 2nd month that I have been charged 3 TIMES my monthly payment. And it is such a hassle to get ahold of them & to finally get your money back. About to switch to PlayStation.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve been locked out of my account for a week now. I’ve tried multiple ways to contact, restore, access and recover my account. Emailed and called every phone number I can dig up on the internet (most are fake). I’m done with there service. I and my sons will no longer be using this product. We will be switching over to another brand. Thank you for your consistently crappy service Microsoft/Xbox/Bill Gates!