Xbox

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hello my name is Jason and this is what happened. I bought my son an Xbox One for Christmas, set him up an account and a few days later could not get on it. All my info got changed so we started him another account. Got charged for stuff we did not buy. I called and talked to a gentleman named Adel who was very condescending. He also would not let me tell him what was going on. He stated that I would have to fight the charges. When I asked to talk to his boss he told me he was the boss. If anyone talks to this gentleman ask to speak with someone else. He was very unhelpful. And if anyone that works for Xbox sees this let your boss know what kind of person he is.

Was overcharged for 1 month of Xbox Live. Called customer service 5 times within an hour. Got hung up on 4 times back to back. When they did answer they told me I got scammed and someone had access to my card info. Ummm WRONG. I didn't get scammed, they just don't want to give me my money back. Customer service sucks and they should be shut down. They are the 'Scammers'.

Bought a game for my son. It was advertised as a multiplayer game but once purchased we learned it wasn't yet. Son only wanted it because it was a multiplayer game. Contacted them for refund (my son played maybe 20 minutes of tutorial to make sure he wouldn't want to keep it) and they refused. Told him you can only get one refund and he got it in the past on a $18 game, didn't tell at that time it was a one time thing. It is ridiculous to pay $65 dollars for a game and then just lose it. It's crazy.

Reviewing to let people know that the service dept for Xbox live support is lacking. If the sign in option for accounts shuts down then you are forced to call by phone to contact them. They tell you that you can live chat, text, and contact other ways. However when trying to do so they want you to sign into your account to verify it's you. Hence the problem. If you can't sign into account then you are forced to wait over 90 minutes in cases of major problems just to contact by phone to get answers. Consoles will say limited services down, but without being able to sign in even play on disc games is impossible without signing into accounts.

Recommendations for Microsoft reps who view this. Allow better communication for support when account services are down to lessen phone congestion. Allow for account sign in on consoles even if online disabled to allow for disc games to play. More accurate update as to estimated time of repair on services down to stop or slow incoming calls for when services returning. When customer contacts support offer something like 10% off next purchase on Xbox live product with promo code for problems lasting longer than 1hr that would be emailed to email account on file once support verifies email with customer. This is way of tracking abuse and letting know customers that company empathizes with them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After contacting Xbox Customer Support, they were able to resolve this issue. They offered a (1) time "no charge replacement" 3 month Xbox Live Gold subscription (value of purchased Xbox Gift Card). They said they understand this "mix up" happens and have this policy in place to allow the (1) time learning curve. Very happy with MS Customer support, and take back my negative comments & low rating. They made it right.

Darren of Plain City, OH on

Original Review

Just bought a Xbox Gift card (at Best Buy) after being told that I could use this to pay for Xbox Live Gold 1 month subscription. Well as it turns out MS has quite the "racket" setup that prevents you from using the Gift Cards for paying for the Gold subscriptions, and instead forces users to buy a dedicated Xbox Live Gold subscription card that can only be used for that service and nothing else. So if you only wanted to have Xbox Live Gold every other month instead of 3 months straight and not give your personal credit car info you are just out of luck. Now I realize why I've always hated MS!!! They just can't get enough $$$.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

I have purchased multiple Xbox controllers in the last few years which become faulty within four months of purchasing them. When I tried to talk to Microsoft, they refused to give us a refund and transferred us to Xbox support. I have spoken to two techs, both who have hung up on me prior to me getting a sentence out. Don't buy their products directly. Purchase through Amazon or other retailers who have a more client centered customer service. Microsoft, who owns Xbox, is only interested in making money, not being responsible for their products.

I am a parent of a disabled special needs son who was permanently banned from Xbox Live, he has been on Xbox Live for 10 yrs. He was bullied and harassed and threatened and also told he should kill himself. I told him to block and ignore. Wrong thing to do I guess, but this went on for 2 yrs. I filed a complaint on Xbox. Nothing came from it except one week later he was banned for life. I did the case review. It was upheld. I then called Microsoft and Xbox. They gave him 2 months free under another Gamertag and told me to send them the screen shots of some of the abuse he endured. I did. They told me to put a long number in the case review but I cannot get another case review. I called them back and they stated if I couldn't get another review and add the number there was nothing they can do. This is just plain pitiful... Please can someone help me... any info will be greatly appreciated.

Been with Xbox since the first console dropped and ever since Xbox One it just gone downhill. It's ** to install every damn game and half the time when it states "ready to start" it's not even ready. It's starting to piss me off having to buy a game and wait hours to days for it to finish installing an update just in order to play.

Well what happened was my account (**) got permanently suspended for "Marketplace Fraud". When my account was not in my procession what the person did was he logged in to my account and proceeded to get refunds multiple and Xbox did not like that so the enforcement team banned the account just a month after getting it back of the tier 3 team who got the account recovered from the person. I submitted case reviews and all I got were stupid replies of them saying that I broke the code of conduct. I told them in my comments that I did not do any of the stuff to the account but they did not care then when I go to the customer support they just end the chat after I bring up the word "suspended" or "banned" others just bring me to enforcement.xbox.com. Do not buy from Microsoft they are scammers and do not care about the customers all they care about is the money that they make.

Just bought the Xbox One with 1T storage for games, got it home to find 270 GB missing. Double checked my math with my computer tech buddies and 1T= 1000 GB not the 730 GB Microsoft gave me. Is everyone as sick of Microsoft as I am right now. They charge an arm and a leg and then don't deliver what they advertised. If you tell me that I am getting X for my money that is what should be delivered nothing less.

I bought an Xbox one and an Xbox live card and it never worked, called in trying to redeem and after trying for 2 and half hours to redeem on multiple devices causing me to finally drop my surface and break my digitizer problem was not solved!!! So I call back and now to fix my surface it's 450$ more than I paid for tablet in December. This company has no customer responsibility and don't care if they lose a customer. My decision is just jumping to ps4 and going to Apple on all my other devices.

Microsoft are seriously nothing but money grabbers. No loyalty to their customers whatsoever. After being a customer for 7 odd years, I don't know why I didn't leave them a long time ago. Stay away. I was perma banned for reason that were completely unjust. I opened a case review as this can happen from time to time due to people reporting you for the lols. This fact in its self is totally bogus. Anyhow, I expected that they would take a look at my case and find that I was banned in error. This did not happen. Instead the ban was upheld and I lost everything, including a fair sized digital game library. The reply they gave me had nothing to do with what I was supposed to be banned for. They didn't even look at my case.

To make matters worse. The only way you can communicate with the enforcement team is by opening a case review. You get 500 words to state your case and once you have done so, you can no longer communicate with them, leaving you totally defenseless. It's a real shame because I did enjoy my time with Xbox and might have continued with their services with the next gen console. However I'm kind of glad this happened. It's given me the kick in the behind I needed to stop with using their services with their corrupt policies.

So to sum up. Microsoft DO ban people for no reason, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. Either way, the chance of getting what you paid for back, are slim to none. The reason seems to be that if they uphold your ban, you might pay again for what you have already paid for. And if you don't then on the grand scale of things, they're not really losing much money. Microsoft Xbox are corrupt. Believe it or not. There was a time I would have recommended them to anyone looking for a good gaming experience. But now I strongly warn against their products and services. This has happened on more than one occasion.

I ordered an Xbox One bundle that stated that it would arrive by Christmas. I received part of my order, called customer service and they said the rest would not be sent for two weeks. No explanation was given except 'we don't send gift cards out for two weeks'. I ordered this bundle with the guarantee that the entire shipment would be received by Christmas. They lied!

Had my account set to auto renew, didn't update my billing and my account was closed. Called to find out why and when they explained I said I was fine and didn't need a Gold account. Then I was banned from Xbox for not paying my past due after they had already shut down my Gold account, I couldn't even access the free content or my games that were saved to my pins. When I called Xbox I was told I needed to pay the past due, even though they had already closed my Gold account. Would strongly suggest people get away from Xbox since they have no loyalty to their customers.

I am sure there are numerous others who have had to deal with Xbox running slow or not being able to get online and when we call in we get a generic "We are sorry for the inconvenience". No reimbursement just sorry for your bad luck, but when Xbox feels that you owe them they want their due, even if they are at fault. Boycott Xbox.

I need/calling for Xbox Microsoft to do something about this so called enforcement team. I feel like I'm being bullied/harassed by these people and nothing is being done about it. All I've been told is that there is nothing Xbox or Microsoft can do about my suspension. I do not believe that there is nothing that can be done about it from an outside source rather than the enforcement team. How can Xbox tell me that they granted a department the ability to suspend players and that there is nothing Xbox can do to lift the suspension, that sounds like total bull to me. And then Xbox says that there is no way to communicate with the enforcement team which is also bull.

We the players made Xbox what it is today. If it wasn't for us Xbox would not be as big as it is. We buy you, we play your games, we invest so much money and time, we the players, and we deserve to be treated better. Xbox allowing the enforcement team to mess around with our accounts and telling us there is no way that they can help us, is not a good example of Xbox protecting our accounts/interest. I can't communicate with friends for 15 days just because these so called enforcement team felt like blocking that feature. I play a mature game with mature graphics and with mature language, I have my settings to underground so I can play with grown mature players. I have never done or said anything to justify my communication being blocked for 15 days by the enforcement team. Something needs to happen because this is not right.

My son's Xbox Live account was opened over 2 years ago. He has since joined the military and has not accessed this account for almost a year. I called 3 months ago and asked them to stop the billing that happens every 3 months at $24.99; they assured me it was stopped. I was just charged again today and now after an hour on the phone they tell me there's nothing they can do to refund me the charge that JUST went through today – 3 months after I was assured that it would stop. I was told by the supervisor to call my bank and start a fraud claim, even though no fraud was committed. Xbox Live billing is a joke.

I honestly wish Microsoft would be straight with the public more than insult the customers with lies & deception. My case is my account was handled by a team called 'Enforcement' which is supposed to be the team with Microsoft but there is no contact number or ways of communication than your own file a review. To me honestly the game they now play sounds like a sham & in the end the failure I see from Microsoft is the only thing they do best is ignore the public but offer only false sense of a future to be linked to their services. Not to even mention the limits they have for respect on the phone to customer service alone. If you agree public or this is similar to your past then you're not alone...

My son's Xbox live and our Microsoft account has been locked out and suspended until 12/30/9999. I have files a case review with enforcement.xbox.com about the suspension and they revived the account and upheld the decision on cheating. Have been on phone with Microsoft for over 4 hours and 5-10 phone calls and they say there isn't anything they can do because the Xbox enforcement team has locked out the account and there is no phone # or email to contact them with an appeal. They have even locked me out of the enforcement website.

With them doing this my son will lose about $250 worth of stuff he has gotten from Xbox. He was hacked several months ago and I'm not so sure it hasn't happened again but Microsoft said they couldn't do anything with it because the enforcement team has locked out the account. Please help--this enforcement team is not GOD and they can do whatever they want and not ask any questions or review it again. My son hasn't been on his Xbox for the past 3-4 weeks and now why all of a sudden they suspend is account. Please help.

I am not happy with Microsoft and customer service. Over a week ago I brought a 3 month Xbox Live for £14.99 and it would not let me redeem it so I contacted Customer Support online. It's a good thing I did as would of cost me a fortune on my phone bill as they kept me on for over a hour and a half as I contacted them at 11:45 p.m. and finished at 1:30 a.m. Anyway they could not tell me why and kept saying it's my region is not set to United Kingdom which it all was. Then at the end of the talk the guy turned around and said, "Right, I see. It's our side that's the problem," so they will put in a report and will hear something the following Monday.

Monday came and heard nothing, so I emailed the complaint department the Tuesday and still no answer. Microsoft always says they contact customers with their problems straight away. Well they seems to be desired as it's been a week and still not received an answer. I have been with Microsoft since I was 15 yrs old. I'm now 30 and find it disgusting that I'm being ignored, and being spoke to like I'm stupid as kept saying my region and my settings is fine otherwise it wouldn't of done it last time I put Live on. I hope Microsoft sort themselves out or they will be losing customer, and will go to Sony.

I have been with Xbox from the start, from when the real Xbox One came out I have over 305 games for the 360 & 102 games for the Xbox One but I think I will burn or sell them after I lost over 2, 455 hours of gameplay saves for my games on the Xbox One. After 4.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft trying to see why I can't get my saves back, I now have to start from day 1 for every one of my games again but I am not going to play all my games over again. To trust that Xbox will save my saves for me what a joke they should've just kept it like the 360 put a jump drive in and you know that they are on it and not in the hack cloud.

I have over $14.000 worth of stuff for Xbox gaming for the 360 and the 1 console alone. They really screwed themselves to lose me and all my friends and family that were going to get one until this happened to me and I recorded the call, all 4.5 hours worth. I don't know what fantasy land the dumbasses at the top who run the company think that you never lose internet and that everyone has internet and to think you should have to go online just to play a game by yourself sitting on your couch is just showing that they are on drugs. I cannot believe I trusted them to save my saves for me. I am not playing over 2,455 hours to get back to where I was in all my games. Not going to happen!!! Your big loss Microsoft. All there needs to be more people who get screwed over like me and it will be no time your company dies. The countdown has already begun and you're losing more gamers every day, tick tock... Wish there was a lower score than 1 star.

Consumers should be aware of the danger Microsoft is putting them in. Xbox puts NON-RECHARGEABLE batteries in the controllers. These controllers are meant to be recharged so why would Xbox put non-rechargeable batteries in them? Contacting customer support (lol if you call it that), to find that there is no support at all. A waste of time to contact Xbox for anything.

The batteries (Duracell) clearly states on the label that the batteries may leak or explode if CHARGED, or placed in a fire! No warnings on the carton, booklet about the batteries that come with the system. Does Microsoft (Xbox) care? Not at all, nothing they can do they say. Reported this to the safer products agency of the U.S. Government to hopefully put an end to this hazard and jeopardizing people's safety for a buck. Buy a system with real customer support if you can find one, not a do it yourself customer service.

I just bought my 12 year old son an Xbox One console for his birthday thinking that this console accepts Xbox 360 games (which is clearly advertised on the box) but it doesn't!!! I found out later that they only accept a very limited amount of 360 games. It should of been clearly advertise because in thinking that this was possible I bought for $200.00 worth of 360 games that finally my son can't use. It's his first Xbox console and the last. Microsoft should be ashamed of their behaviour.

My city has slow internet service. Cannot play Xbox One games without downloads. Downloads for system and downloads for games. I spend way more time updating than playing. My latest game Doom will not play until 17 GB update is loaded. I am 3rd generation Xbox owner, never again. Throwing this stupid console away and purchasing PlayStation.

My xbox 1 controller burned itself one day and I called to see if I could get a replacement. What a big mistake that was, I wasted my time talking to people who couldn't understand simple English. Then I was passed to a special department that had a robot to sort through people but it also could not understand a thing. I eventually gave up trying to contact them through phone and got on their website.

When I started a chat with a person from support I was surprised to have to repeat what I had typed multiple times. They asked for my address, phone number, and email before even mentioning they needed the serial number. By that time I had waited for them to process everything, at least 5 minutes each, they said that I had no warranty. I have had my console and controller less than a year and this is the garbage I have had to deal with. I'm very tired of dealing with Microsoft's problems and I honestly think they'll kill my passion of gaming before the end of the year.

I do not have an xbox acct, but money was taken from my bank account. I called, they said it would be refunded. Waited 3 weeks and got nothing, they said it was issued - wrong. 45 minutes on the phone arguing about getting my money back they tell me they need ANOTHER 24-72 hours to investigate the problem. They put my acct in the negative cost me $34.00 bank fee for over drawing my account and need more time. They are refusing to refund me the $34.00 and now I can't even get the $25.00 they initially took. I am EXTREMELY pissed!!

When I asked for his bosses info they refused to give it to me. (Not even sure if that is legal...) THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I have never had such a hard time getting my money back as they have given me. I am a single mother of 2, it may only be 25.00 which now cost me $59.00. But that was ALL I HAD. I will make sure everyone I know hears how Xbox has ripped me off even if I have to post something on all the newspapers, social media, etc.

My son Xbox One won't work. I called Xbox One customer service. They told me they don't fix them, I have to fix it myself, to go buy a flash drive, download something and fix it myself. What is the point of even calling them. No management to speak to. Won't buy Xbox products again...

I bought my 11-year old son a brand new Xbox 1 and it was broken out of the box. Well we spent and hour and a half on the phone with them and they finally had us mail it in and they sent it back BROKEN! They said there was nothing wrong with it. -_- Right. So we run an Ethernet cable to it for it to work. Problem solved? Nope! It completely stopped registering any type of Internet connection.

So we called and customer service who was a nice guy who seemed to want to help. BUT we talked to the customer service MANAGER who wouldn't help us at all. He was very rude, condescending and very unwilling to help. He continued quoting the rule book about how we're out of warranty. He spoke over me numerous times and was very unprofessional. We knew it was out of warranty but considering the problem was never fixed to begin with they could've have a little empathy for the matter and helped us out. I'll be throwing this thing out and my son and all his friends will switch to PS4. Good riddance!

This comment is to all corporate gaming companies. First, it baffles me how Xbox is still in business! I was recently thinking about switching over from PlayStation to Xbox. But after viewing a lot of the negative comments, I am definitely not buying any Xbox product. Second, if PlayStation is smart they will capitalize on this and makes their console/customer service better. And make the PS vita more compatible. I do not understand how any corporation with this poor of customer service could still continue to rip off people and be indignant to their consumers. Xbox will not be getting any of my money or time until this improves. This is an instant where you do not get what you pay for. If I am going to fork out 100's of hard earned dollars on a product, it better be worth it. Again, Xbox, or any other console corporate morons. WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR???

I have played Xbox for almost 10 years. In April of 2016 they banned me. I was illegally hacked 10 of thousands of dollars that I have spent on my profile were just taken away. I provided tangible proof to Xbox and Microsoft. I was told by a Xbox representative that "I was lucky I was getting any help from them at all". I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also a Arbitration. I have been in constant contact with an Attorney. Xbox still has not unbanned my account, as I was told I would have it back by Friday 06/10/2016, and still I do not have my account. I have spent a lot of time on the games that I have on my profile. I have put a lot of hard earned money into the games I play and Xbox just took all that away from me and is keeping my Profile.

They say their decision is upheld. This is unfair as they have all the proof they need to see that it was not me that committed the actions on my account that lead up to the enforcement action. What I am going through is unfair and gamers just like myself need to know what has happened to me as it is not right for Xbox just to take something away from the gamer and not investigate it further.

As a Christmas gift for herself, my housemate bought an Xbox Kinect. The first challenge was getting it to connect to our internet. That took a few tries, but since we were all excited that wasn't much of an issue. We started with the sports games like beach volleyball, bowling, baseball, etc. There were also dancing games and all of these were a lot of fun. There were times though when the Xbox had difficulty detecting multiple players. That killed a bit of our excitement. Nonetheless, the Xbox is great to have and share especially when family and friends come over.

Xbox Company Profile