1.25/5

1345 Xbox Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Xbox live is pathetic, you can’t say a freaking word without getting suspended/banned. They think they can control people when they can’t. I'm sure there are loopholes in the agree to terms contract. They should be sued and gone bankrupt. I cannot stand them anymore and I regret ever buying anything that involved Xbox. They have 100% lost a 7+ year customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was recently signed out of Xbox Live and was told to change my password. I did so and it did not take, and again and again. Got locked out of my account, asked for a new password and they said no... Now I can’t sign in and Microsoft is telling me to wait 30 days until the lock is off. Nothing I did, and Microsoft won’t help besides telling me to wait 30 days... Last time I buy anything Microsoft.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I recently had my Xbox Live account hacked and something was purchased on my account. They saw it was charged to an email that was not anyone's in my household. They took my PayPal off the account but I was not able to get my funds back. So someone else is enjoying something at my expense. I was very satisfied up until this point so make sure to never add PayPal to your account.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My son has a live Xbox account. His gamertag was officerF4phantm. Today I received an email from Xbox support enforcement stating that the gamertag was considered inappropriate and was automatically changed. I called Xbox support, after searching for quite some time online for a phone number, only to be informed that the enforcement department is unreachable as there is no contact number for them. I paid $10 for the gamertag and he's had it for almost a year now.

But now, all of a sudden, it's inappropriate and there is no one to speak to about why or to discuss getting his gamertag back. These people have the power to take my money and then make changes to my account without having to answer for it. Seems very unethical and incredibly unreasonable to me. For those of you who don't know, an F-4 Phantom is an airplane. Please tell me how that's inappropriate because Xbox won't. Worst customer service ever. Don't give your money to these people because they will just steal it when they can.

Original review: July 2, 2018

First of all, Xbox One is as glitchy as a console will get. Second of all with all these annoying bugs and glitches they won't do ** about it! I've complained about the terrible connection it has to wifi even though my Nintendo Switch works perfectly fine!! Third of all, to sign into your own account they ask you for ** 10 passwords like wtf I just want to play my game and one password should be enough, 4th of all, they send me a code of "verification" and every time I go to pick up the phone it says "again your code is" and then just hangs up each and every single time. Lol. If you can even call this a service or a people's company you're better off with Nintendo, good luck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: July 2, 2018

After ongoing service issues with XBL I was told I would get my three month subscription renewed. When that didn’t happen I contacted customer support. While I admit to being a little short but this was my 18th time contacting them. The end result was being threatened with having my console banned. Not ok. As a loyal customer and a law enforcement professional I find this highly disrespectful and downright horrible customer service.

Original review: May 3, 2018

First off I received a lifetime ban, was a misunderstanding. Went through the case review process. At the end this is what was their decision, "Thank you for your patience! This Case Review has been completed. Following a thorough investigation, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has determined that this enforcement action was not warranted. If the suspension was still active, it has now been lifted." All fine and dandy however I still can't log in to my account and Xbox support can't help at all and there is no way to contact the Xbox enforcement team.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We've tried for 5 days to reset an Xbox password. 6 emails and 7 calls later they told us to start again. When I asked for a manager a very foreign "John" took the call and began yelling in a foreign language. He told me he was disconnecting because I didn't speak his language! After he hung up I received 3 prank hang up calls from the Xbox number. Each time I said hello this foreign "John" was screaming in the background. My son spent $250 on upgrades and this is a scam to force him to rebuy. This company and the losers who work for it are a total scam.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Since 2003, I knew the Xbox brand would spell trouble for the game industry as a whole. After 10 years of supporting them and dealing with their ever-changing BS policies, I have decided to finally just GIVE UP on this brand. Not to mention that the Xbox brand makes and loses tens of millions of dollars on Xbox alone. This brand only succeed because of Halo, Forza, Gears of War, Sports and Online gaming. Now those franchises are down the toilet or milked to DEATH. *Except for Forza* The brand barely has any console only exclusives anymore. Their deals are a joke. Xbox games with Gold is a scam. Their refund policy sucks and there are tons of people who are just fed up with them. I may have my issues with Sony and Nintendo but Microsoft's Xbox brand just needs to go away! Not to mention that their customer service **! This rant is towards corporate only!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was trying to let my son purchase an in game bundle. It took a bit to get money wired to his account, but it worked. He still got an error saying he needed to request permission to use the money. I called MS customer service and was on the phone for over an hour with someone who struggled just following the obvious script. I finally hung up and went through all of the options until I found one that lifted purchase restrictions. This can't be an uncommon issue. Unless parents are now giving their kids full access to their bank accounts.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Xbox One has to be the worst gaming platform we've ever experienced. My son received a new one for Christmas and has been nothing but disappointed. Have to download every game to play even when you buy the disc. 5 or 6 games take up all the storage on a 500gb unit. System can't stay connected to Xbox live. They say it's our internet connection but the 360 has no issues. He doesn't even play it now. Plays the 360 instead with no issues. Waste of money. Gimmick system.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This Xbox has been used for a total of about 1 month... It is not even 2 yrs old and is already dead. The warranty is up so of course Microsoft says they will fix it for a fee... Right, that's like throwing money out the window. Moving on to Sony for my kids.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My son's $150 Elite Controller broke & still under warranty. He called on 2/21 and was told to ship it but sent an email with the wrong information to ship. We sent priority shipping. They got on 2/27. Claimed they never received. Blamed us because it didn't have the service # on it. After many phone calls and no calls back, I had to put in a complaint with the BBB & action was then taken by them but they would not send it Express Mail after having it a month nor give my son Xbox Live for the hassle, inconvenience and horrible customer service.

Original review: March 18, 2018

My son has an Xbox that is being hacked. I called and they told me not only can the hacker play on his Xbox for the next month, but to make sure that I call my bank and cancel my card. Here is the best part. If the hacker gets the email before we do, then he can kick my son out of his own Xbox! Really??? You spend all this money on the system and games. Money for the game and there is no security to protect the person who owns the Xbox! I do not recommend anybody waste their money! It is great when it works but when something happens you are on your own!

Original review: March 18, 2018

Xbox has now gone to complete crap. The people that want to answer calls can’t even help. I got hung up on like 3 times. And they are charging me for a subscription that I never purchased. Then they also have Put me on a one month banned for complaining about the fact that they are taking money from my pocket.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Xbox is super pathetic now, I called some a ** and someone reported me for it and they gave me a 2 week suspension. I informed them that I will not be renewing my Xbox live gold and I will be switching over to Playstation. Xbox is losing contracts and losing customers, they don't know why but it's because they are so pathetic now that they are just a joke, I hate them with a passion now. I used to recommend them but now I tell people to stay away from them. Microsoft is such a sad company. I wish they would drift off the planet and everyone would be better off.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Xbox one games take HOURS to download. My son got a game and started downloading at 17:30 and at 21:00 he has to go to bed without being able to play because it is still downloading (at top speed). It’s ridiculous to spend $50+ that can’t be played when you get home. My son is seriously bummed. Will not be buying an Xbox ever again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I was charged $59.99 for a 12 month membership to Xbox Live. It was listed on my online banking app as a "recurring charge". I called Microsoft, and after navigating multiple robot prompts, was on hold for almost 20 minutes before I got a real live person. They told me they can see that there is an account linked to my credit card, but couldn't tell me the name of the person that set it up, the phone number attached to it, or the email address attached to it. They said they sent a message to the email they have, for "verification of the account", so if they get a response from that email, they continue to charge the credit card. I wanted to report them to the Better Business Bureau, but couldn't even find the company on the BBB website so I could report them!

Original review: March 3, 2018

Xbox Live has great potential but, promised me my first free then didn't get it. I contacted consumer support and they said bad luck. Then I got a 12 month subscription with a bonus 1 month for auto renew and didn't get that either... Not to mention everything on the Windows store is a ripoff.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Worst customer service, expensive products that are so unreliable that I spend more time troubleshooting than actually using it, especially Xbox One and Xbox Live. Switching to Sony, Microsoft won't get another dime from me.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Attention Bill & Melinda Gates! Are you aware of the poor actions of Microsoft's incompetent customer service support for XBOX? Are you aware that XBOX support is requesting access to peoples personal bank accounts? When XBOX asks me to talk to my bank so they can use my debit card, I was astounded. WHY WOULD I ALLOW YOU TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT! You see, American Express had notified me about some questionable activity on my account (Fraudulent activity from another source). When I went to replace the credit card in my daughter's account, I was unable as SHE WAS WRONGFULLY SUSPENDED BY XBOX.

Like any parent, I have a choice of what payment I provide for my child's usage. We had 3 forms of payment already in her account; 1) American Express 2) Xbox gift cards in the amount of $200.00 3) Visa card. When AMEX canceled my card FOR MY SAFETY, there were no more than $75.00 from Xbox charges that may also have been canceled.

And although there were two other methods of payment in my 12 year old daughter's account, including a $200.00 Xbox gift card from Christmas, Microsoft/XBOX decided to become a BULLY and suspend her account, without her understanding & WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, The cardholder. Now you want ME to TALK TO MY BANK about using my credit card! Yeah OK. Keep desensitizing our children with Grand Theft Auto, and making them killers and thieves. But then you want to go ahead and accuse a child & a parent of marketplace theft when in fact I am protecting my credit & identity. And apparently, once XBOX suspends you there is no discussion until the year 9999.

Bill, Melinda, I thought with all your philanthropy, you created something better than the customer appreciation & communication Xbox is putting out. So just keep making your customer support team self righteous & keep making little criminals out of America's children with these one way games & tactics that offer no parental guidance OR COMMUNICATION. It's just VERY WRONG. You might want to look into how you are being represented to these days.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

So I bought the Xbox one! Went home and started to download and update it! That took two days!!! Went to download the Blu-ray player that took another day! Bought two games For Honor and Tekken 7! Took another two days to download For Honor and kept stopping and going to an error screen. Finally got it loaded! Tekken didn't load at all. Brand new game out of the box! Took the game back. Exchanged for another brand new copy and again wouldn't download! Took whole system back and traded for a new one which was a hassle in itself from Walmart! Had it for about a week and they tried to tell me I had to send it to Xbox until I talked to a manager and he saw that I had purchased it a week ago and still hassled me on the fifteen day return policy!

Finally after I spelled it out to him he caved and traded for a new one! Took it home and same thing never downloaded Tekken. Bought Seven Days to Die and never downloaded! Bought Sunset Overdrive and tried to download extra content and it charged me for the content but didn't download! Blu-ray took another two and half days to download and after a couple of days it won't play Blu-ray anymore! Again took it back but went through the service plan because I would have punched the guy I talked to before and they took a few weeks to send it back and guess what. Lmfao. They sent me back a refurbished console that wasn't even swiped so it had like content from the previous owner and same old ** wouldn't download Seven Days to Die, Sunset Overdrive, Tekken Seven and wouldn't even download the Blu-ray saying that memory was full! They sent me back a paperweight!

Called Xbox and they said that my internet ports were not open so I have to call my internet provider to open them lol. Called and my internet provider didn't have a clue what I was talking about because it was **! Called again and finally the guy admits who works for Xbox says that a lot of the consoles are just junk! Right from the Xbox guy himself. Wow! Told me he was really tired of the same calls and having to basically lie to the customer! If he could work for PlayStation he would and he even admitted his own Xbox had problems and never got fixed lol and that he switched and is probably going to lose his job because of my call since it's recorded!

I've since switched to PlayStation and you know what's funny? It works like no problem at all! Blu-ray built in plays just fine. No problem! All games I've downloaded took about thirty minutes to two hours to download! ** Xbox right in their stupid faces! So the only thing my Xbox does is collect dust and whenever my kid brother comes by he plays Minecraft that was still the content that was left on the game along with a few games that were download to the hard drive and two of the four freeze lmao.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My minor son accidentally clicked purchase (an game) on Xbox. I called Microsoft immediately to request a refund. After 45 minutes of waiting, including one disconnected call by a representative who did not bother to call back, Microsoft refused to refund the purchase and the representative told me that I need to “monitor my kids”. A shameful response and a terrible company that should be legally investigated.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was a Xbox Live Gold member for many years playing on both 360 and 360 slim models, and eventually getting a Xbox one. I have had numerous problems with both the systems and Xbox Live itself, whether it was not connecting properly losing connection or hiding and making games unplayable I had purchased. First off Microsoft/Xbox Live says if you purchase a game via download you did not purchase it, they consider it a loan of the game as long as you stay connected to your gold subscription.

I don't understand how they claim that since you will pay the same for a game through their services as you would in a store for a physical copy, this is a little game they play just to extort people. I called numerous times before I finally canceled my gold service to try and resolve the issue of connection issues, they couldn't or wouldn't help me after having a gold sub for 10 years. This is the kind of help I was expected to receive. I tried again after canceling my subscription to try and resolve this issue with their service and I received a comment of if you subscribe to gold service we can help you, really how would this be any different from before. Needless to say whether they care or not they have lost my business for good, I would not recommend Xbox products or their services to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My son had purchased a game on Xbox for 30.00$ and accidentally purchased the wrong one. He was devastated to say the least, and I wasn’t sure if there was anything that we could do. I was able to get on the Xbox support chat with Phillip **. and he was absolutely amazing! Not only did he look over our account and refund the mistake, he also went above and beyond by sending me links on how to set up a password key for purchase, and how to access my account from my mobile device. He was outstanding and I thank Xbox tremendously for hiring such amazing people!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have all the consoles and by far the Xbox is the best. I started with a special edition launch day Xbox then upgraded to the slim model and finally the Xbox One X. Both older consoles saw incredibly heavy use as my daughter loves gaming as much as I do. We also use it as our entertainment device. We stream from every service and the newer models are capable of 4k HDR. The Xbox One X is the most powerful console which is nice although it's still not as good as my PC but it's better than the PS4 pro which is so loud... It's louder than my gaming PC that has 6 fans and a GTX 1080. There are a ton of games to play and the store is simple to use. There is also a movie/tv and music store that is great as well. The Xbox One is easily one of the most reliable consoles on the market. I've had 3 PS4s that died for no reason and they got minimal use but I've yet to have an Xbox let me down regardless of model.

Xbox Live is also fantastic. Download speeds are great, I usually get about 50MB/s on average compared to the 7MB/s I get on PlayStation and roughly 30MB/s from steam. They also have EA Access that lets you get 10% off any EA content as well as tons of free games in the vault, sometimes games as little as a few months old. There is also Game Pass. For $10 a month you get access to a huge library of full games to play. There is a mix of Xbox One and Xbox 360 games. Yes the Xbox One is backwards compatible with the 360 and even the original Xbox although not every title is supported. They add more all the time. If you are out to buy a console get the Xbox One X. It's a great primary console and it's also a great 2nd console if you own a PC or Switch... Or even the PS4.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have never been treated like I was when I called the help center! I was lied to by the "supervisor " who claimed that no one was in a higher position than him. He basically wouldn't let me speak with a manager and then hung up on me. After a long day at work I wanted to enjoy my very expensive Xbox system but instead spent about 3 or 4 hours on the phone. I have never had problems with Microsoft products until now. My family and I are very close to being done with Microsoft and will probably go with another company. I WILL NOT recommend any of your service or products to anyone. Would have given 0 stars but it won't let me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I finally bought an Xbox One S for my kids for Christmas. The entire day was a disaster because I was frustrated, my 4 kids were frustrated, and the day we look forward to all year was ruined because we could not just play THE GAME!!! I wanted to just insert the disk and play with my kids but no, every game has to download, then update, then you are required to log in, so if you don’t have a Microsoft account or remember the password, etc. you have to set that up again. We are talking about 2 hrs for the game to download (even if you have a disk) then another hour to update. Then you have to figure out the password, login, email, just to play the game. Oh, and what if you want to add another controller??? Oh, you have to register it to a DIFFERENT Microsoft account!!

Literally I spent all day trying to get this dumb Xbox to play just a freaking game with my son. Seriously a wasted Christmas! Every game you have you will have to spend at least 2-3 hrs for nonsense. I just want to play it. Also, Microsoft is making it so kids don’t play with friends in the actual room together. They are not allowing 2 player on a single box but allowing multiple players online. Microsoft! You are making our kids social awkwardness worse!!! Allow them to put in a disk, give the controller to a friend, and actually play the game and not have to wait 3hrs or talk online. This is So ridiculous and I cannot believe I allowed you to ruin my Christmas. My kids were so excited only to see their dad getting frustrated and taking all day on what should be only minutes. I’m going to return this and get a PlayStation!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

On October 29th found out that my eight year old son had access to my credit card on his Xbox One Live account after I had requested it to be removed in August after being charged for several games that he purchased without my permission. Lo and behold $910.66 later I still do not have a refund. Was told by Xbox because I had asked for a refund back in August that I would need to contact my financial institution to dispute the charges due to the fact of a minor using my credit card without my permission. My bank filed a dispute. I got a provisional credit and December 21st watch $910.66 being taken out of my account for the fact that Xbox stated that I authorized the transactions because my eight year old actually attempted to play a couple of the games that he purchased.

You can never get an actual American on the phone that understands the English language. You always talk to somebody in a foreign country. Here I am 2 days before Christmas. No money. No Christmas presents and 4 weeks ago purchased $860 worth of Xbox Scorpio Edition waiting to come on a rain check from Best Buy because it being on backorder. Xbox a thieves thieves thieves. There is no recourse nor is there any assistance for parents who have children that use their products. That's how Xbox makes most of their money. Merry Christmas to my family who isn't going to have one.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Going to keep this short and sinister. Xbox needs to change their customer service process. If you ask for a supervisor (you know since I have been through three Xbox consoles in the last 6 months) you have to wait for a callback, which is just unacceptable in so many ways. You literally have to sit and stare at your phone waiting for them to call you. And if you miss the call, they email you wanting to know an exact time, day, and timezone, for a callback. Then you respond to the email, giving them a time window, and they still don't call you back. And it just becomes a cycle of stupidity. Have a real escalation process or suffer Comcast's fate of having your customer service rating tank so bad you end up in the news.

Also, you might want to have your service repair center actually tell you what "service" they performed on your system. I signed up for text updates to my service request and actually received no updates on the service request other than "we received your Xbox" and then "we shipped your Xbox." Then I received another refurb with a different serial number. The third one in 6 months since the first one when it arrived did not work. The gentleman at the Microsoft Store was very helpful in making sure the replacement actually worked before giving it to me. Might want to see if your technicians are bench testing these before shipping.

Xbox Company Information