2.25/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

1382 Xbox Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve been locked out of my account for a week now. I’ve tried multiple ways to contact, restore, access and recover my account. Emailed and called every phone number I can dig up on the internet (most are fake). I’m done with there service. I and my sons will no longer be using this product. We will be switching over to another brand. Thank you for your consistently crappy service Microsoft/Xbox/Bill Gates!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

7 years on Xbox and I'm so disappointed. I want to switch to PS4. After being harassed via messaging the perpetrator filed a complaint, I was suspended not even an hour later. I logged into Xbox enforcement and tried to see if my case could be looked over. No way to contact enforcement!? There is a questionnaire with questions completely offset from their code of conduct and a 24 hour wait period if the person taking said quiz misses one question. I feel completely harassed and there is nothing I can do about it. Cases need to be investigated prior to suspending someone. What a crap show Microsoft!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My kid had a XBOX gift card that was for 3 months of unlimited use. I spent 45 minutes with an individual who did not speak fluent English and continued to talk over me. In short, I just gave up. We have been swindled. I cannot tell you the level of dissatisfaction and I will never, ever buy any Xbox Live product again. After three weeks of use, they are offering no solutions for the remainder of the gift card. They offered no solutions. It's beyond belief! I cannot state in words how strongly I feel that this represents an organization that does not stand by its products. If the organization I work for had this level of customer service, we would be out of business within a year.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Well I prefer Xbox. I get to download all my favorite music and watch Netflix and Youtube, and my kids get to play all their favorite games and movies. They have the gold package where they can download any game that's available to their choice.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I really like the Xbox One gaming system. It's a lot of fun to play, has great games, is durable, and will last many years. Wish more games were backwards compatible but more are being added each day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The games were good, but now super laggy, they want you to pay for the game, then pay to play the game, and then pay to use the internet that you already pay for. The video game industry has become extremely greedy and thoughtless of their customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The game is used mostly for visitors. It’s played quite often and it seems very popular. I have almost every game there is so everyone has a choice of what they'd like to play. I also owned the PlayStation VR. Usually, people picked the Xbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Xbox one X is a great design, but why does something that costs so much not come with a gaming headset? The original 360 and one X both had headsets, but now you’re latest and greatest console of “all time” doesn’t even have a headset. Come on...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Unfortunately, the latest Xbox is meh. The games, in general, for all systems have become ethereal. Every new game just wants us to become more and more violent, at times I feel like I should head to the nearest "coliseum" so I can see somebody taken apart by a lion.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Have played Xbox for years and never had any problems with them. Also have heard bad reviews about the newest Playstations so really never have tried them, will stick with my Xbox's. Have seen Playstions played and don't care for their graphics.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This product really shouldn't cost this much, it truly isn't that spectacular to have to pay so much money for it. Lower the price, please it's hard enough to you kids what they want without going bankrupt.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Have been using Xbox for years, however this past year I’ve had nothing but problems with consoles, controllers, unauthorized purchases to my credit card, and contacting customer service is a nightmare. Controllers have only lasted a little over a year. Customer service reps are rude and unhelpful. Will be buying a PlayStation once the new console is released.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have been enjoying the options and flexibility that the Xbox has offered me for the past 15 years. Keep up the great work. The graphics and ease of online purchase are also a huge plus. I think it’s awesome.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Even though I'm only playing a 360 I love how entertaining the Xbox system is. The range of titles is fantastic and I'm never bored. The EA NHL franchise is my favorite and continues to improve every year. My next system will be in the XBOX family.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have had very good time playing Xbox and excited about graphics. Enjoyed playing, scenery and watching fx. Just set CD in and play without any worries. Played until my fun level was full and just stop and gone to eat. That is great gaming.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Drops wifi connection fairly often, fan is loud, but overall the Xbox One X is a great console with awesome graphics and great features. It's also good for streaming movies and watching Blu rays. The UI is simple and intuitive. I love the controller size - comfortable to hold. Buying things from the Microsoft store (games, etc) is very easy using your Microsoft account. I'm very happy with the system.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Many titles require wireless data transfer in order to play titles. Frequent disconnects. Graphics and sound are very well represented. Durability of its peripherals (analog joystick) show signs of wear with normal use. Connection to Tv/monitor seem easy and straightforward.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Miserable in every category - just a way to steal data- and charge extra money for games that should be free. Since sharing with "friends" seems to be its major function as well as storing important personal data on a total insecure cloud, I have stopped using my Xbox for anything but Solitaire.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Really inexpensive console costing only $199. There is a large variety of games and the Xbox game pass membership gives you more than 100 free games. Xbox always looks out for its customers, they have great customer service and deals running all the time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

It's fragile equipment, handle it with kid gloves. If you have teenage boys, remind them that it's not built well and any rough treatment will likely end in them not having one. Other game systems seem to grasp this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

It can take hours to get a simple refund for a charge not authorized. Free games are charged to your account, and sometimes lazy people won’t bother to fight. I shouldn’t have to fight after 2 decades on Xbox consoles. Shameful way to treat loyal customers. Playstation here I come. What a hassle to try to get Xbox to fix THEIR mistake?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My Xbox One S has worked fine for the year to year and a half I’ve had it, but one day it just started having problems. It started with me not being able to sign in, but now every time I turn on my Xbox, it won’t let me sign in and if I do manage to sign in, it’ll say that I’m not connected to Xbox Live even though I have an Ethernet cable plugged in so I have WiFi at all times. It won’t let me play any game or do anything at all on my Xbox until I hard reset it 2-3 times, only then it’ll start working. This has been happening for a matter of days now and it’s to the point where part of me doesn’t even want to play Xbox anymore.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was connected to an agent named Jayson ** because I had accidentally sent my power cord and console with the Xbox when you’re only supposed to send the console. Everything was fine in the chat until I asked why the accessories are sent back separately, and he responded with “Because accessories aren’t supposed to be sent with the console, buddy.” Buddy? Normally stuff like that doesn’t bother me but as a customer service agent, I thought that was extremely rude and not funny at all, if his intent was to be somehow cute and funny. He didn’t answer my question but instead chose to give me a snarky response as if I had been rude when I had responded and asked questions courteously. I haven’t had an Xbox for very long (3-4 years) so all of this stuff is new to me.

Another issue was that when you set up a warranty repair service, they send you the shipping label first, then instructions in a separate email, which is why I missed the “no accessories” part. Next time put the label and shipping instructions in one email and NOT in a separate email where the help links are in tiny fonts (I have a slight visual impairment) at the bottom - that is awful UX and isn’t doing customers any favors.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My son bought Astroneer for $24.95 digital downloaded on the 10/1/19 with the remainder of his Christmas money. The game downloaded but will not launch for him to play. I applied for a refund for him but have been told via email that “We reviewed your request for order ** on Jan 9, 2019 and found it’s not eligible for a refund under the Microsoft.” I am absolutely disgusted that Microsoft is happy to steal money from 9 year olds for games that do not work. You should be ashamed. When my son’s console is due to be upgraded we will be buying a PlayStation and not purchasing anything else via Xbox live.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

DO NOT use Xbox Live unless you want a lifetime of fraudulent charges. I do not have an Xbox yet I get charged every month. My bank has been very helpful but the reps from Xbox have told me so many different reasons that they can't help. Including that they understand that this is confusing for me... Xbox said I don't have an account under my name or debit card so how can they still charge it. When I first started this I just wanted the charges stopped NOW I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

So end of 2017 I bought the Xbox One S just so I could play Forza. Well after two months of playing I was bored and sold the whole system because I'm actually a PlayStation person. About 10 months later I was just checking my bank statement and noticed the yearly renew fee for the online play that was charged on my card. I immediately tried to dispute it but I kept getting passed around for no damn reason. So ** you Microsoft. This is why I never like doing business with you in the first place, bunch of scam artists.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Unbelievable that in spite of spending hundreds of dollars on Xbox products, hackers can easily steal all your money and Xbox does nothing to help recover your account. After 9 hours on the phone I still can't access the account my kids made years ago even though it is my credit card and email attached to the account and I have the physical gift cards used to make purchases. I can't believe they have no support or way to take back a stolen account. Shame on them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Never buy any Microsoft Xbox games or services. Their customer service line never works, they entice kids into buying games and products, without any kind of parental involvement. The charges $24.99, $24.99, 9.99, 9.99 automatically go through on your credit card. All of Microsoft should be ashamed and embarrassed about this type of fraud taking place. I know I am not alone! Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Credit Bureau should definitely be involved and monitoring these kinds of fraudulent practices. I plan on never buying anything from Microsoft again!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased an Xbox One for my 9-year-old last week as a gift. We opened it and set it up last night, and had a digital download game as well as a game on a disc (brand new disc). We started downloading the digital game first - after 3 hours, it was only around 11% completed. Do the math here. Also, you think you can just pop a disc in and get playing, right? Wrong. All games MUST be downloaded first which takes a pretty long time, AND to make matters worse, if there has been an update, that has to load, too, before you can play the game. So for the game on the disc? Between downloading and updating, we are at 25% through the update after 6 (SIX) hours.

Then, I am looking at these game sizes and thinking we are not going to have a huge library of games considering their size. Sure enough, if you look at other complaints, this is a known issue that requires the purchase of an external hard drive to accommodate the needed space. Finally, after having an Xbox 360 for years now, we have accumulated a pretty large game library - however, only some are playable on the new console. Do I regret buying the Xbox One? Absolutely. Wouldn't do it again on a bet. We have had it attached for 24 hours so far and have yet to be able to use it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

After purchasing the Xbox One X and replacing the old Xbox One we forgot the password for the Xbox profile. Unfortunately the phone connected to the reset was an old one. The only response we now get from Xbox AI and ambassadors is that we have to wait 30 days for the account to be reactivated. Only option given was to set-up new account and start from scratch. Try explaining this to a 10 year old Microsoft.

Xbox Company Information