3.00/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sonos

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

18 Sonos Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased my first Sonos amps many years ago. At the time they were called Connect Amp. Also at the time the company provided clients fast and reliable service. You could call them up and be assured to speak with a person within a few minutes at most. Since purchasing my products many years ago I have noticed that client care has gone down substantially. Now you can only call between specific hours, they've eliminated a Canadian toll free number, they've reduced features every time they've made "updates" which are more like downgrades and a way to assure obsolescence.

My review is if you choose to purchase one or two Sonos products know what you're buying beforehand and certainly if you intend to expand your system to more than two, I would highly recommend looking at other products which are less expensive and equal in quality of sound. Unfortunately I learnt my lesson because I bought one product at a time and I am now at 6 amps which makes this system overpriced and now lacking in the customer care that I was once used to. Someone needs to fire the executives at this company. Don't buy Sonos if you intend to expand to over two units or if you need real and live customer care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I have owned an extensive Sonos Audio system for years and I think someone should put the executives at Sonos on suicide watch as they are killing their own image and reputation by alienating their customers by making their system incompatible with Apple devices. I bought their products because it was an easy way to play back my playlists from my iPhone and iPad but now I can no longer do this. I am in the real estate business and it is like I sold you a house and gave you keys to the doors but, after you bought it, I announce that you can no longer use the doors to enter your house. Many consumers now have useless Sonos products. Why are the execs at Sonos sabotaging their own customer base? Maybe we shouldn't save them if they aren't smart enough to fix this on their own?

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

There once was a time when you could invest in high-quality audio equipment and be assured of reliable performance for years, if not decades. Sonos does not follow that model. If you own Sonos equipment, you have to worry not only about the performance of the equipment -- which is unpredictable -- but you must also take into account that the people at Sonos might change their mind about how they prefer their equipment to work. I have spent thousands of dollars on my Sonos system, and many more thousands on a music library that I own. However, Sonos notified me that with the next update these two investments of mine will no longer be compatible. In other words, I will not be able to play back any music stored locally on my devices.

Of course, I will be able to play my own music if I spend more money on additional Sonos products (a lot more) or start paying for a premium streaming service every month and download my entire library to it. But to be forced into this decision based on the whims of the people at Sonos does not make for satisfied customers when they have already spent as much money as I have.

It took nearly two years of dealing with technical issues getting all of my Sonos speakers to consistently cooperate. I have finally been able to enjoy my own music library hassle-free for the last several months. Looks like that will be all I get to enjoy. I have nothing but regret for buying these speakers. My experience with Sonos has been only repeated disappointment.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The company FORCES an update onto me. Despite my many complaints to them. It fails to give me the option of having no update. I have no idea what the updates are for, no guarantee they will work. No way to simply keep a system that works for me. This is intrusive behaviour on their part. Wholly unacceptable. The updates do NOT fix the drop-outs I often experience using Sonos, both with radio and my own music library.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Anytime there is an updates, (updates I am forced to do just before I have company over for a party), the software either hangs up, gives a stupid message such as I need to add another speaker. I have enough speakers! No other option given, and I don't know what to do. I am changing away from Sonos. Sonos software has been doing this to me for years and I am more than familiar with technology. It was fine in the beginning, for about a year before all this started. The most frustrating thing is the lack of any benefit to the updates. All I want to do is play my music. Very, very frustrating and now money being thrown away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sonos?

Original review: July 22, 2018

After months of back and forth it was finally discovered that my Sonos 5 speaker had a broken wireless bit and the speaker needed to be replaced. They said they would send me a new one and I was to send back my broken speaker. My speaker never came. After calling back they said it was out of warranty! That speaker is over $500!!! NEVER BUY SONOS!!! I think they are a scam and I am going to tell everyone!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Used to be great but I imagine the business has new owners as it is now colossally awful! Constant updates of the App that prevent you from using your speakers until it is updated. Often takes 20 minutes and you only know when you try and use your speakers. Awful App. Unintuitive and cannot find most of my music as has no keyword search function. No Bluetooth so cannot play Youtube. Need to create an account with a complicated password 8 digits with special characters and uppercase etc. Exactly 8 digits means 99% of people have to create and remember a special password for using their speakers. They also have stopped old equipment from working forcing people to replace their equipment. Buy Bluetooth. Much easier and less complicated.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It's OK for providing background music. You use your own music or use one of many radio connections. I own a high quality hifi sound system so it's not used for enjoyable listening.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My daughter "convinced" me that we "needed" an in home assistance, yet I am still trying to figure out why I bought this product. It's not necessary and it's not useful to simplify life. It’s very complicated and disruptive and I feel watched. What if the device gets hacked, no privacy.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It has a loud sound not muffled and this little speaker is outstanding for my back yard and also inside my home. I love, love, love our Sonos speaker and I tell anyone looking for a speaker.

Sonos Company Information