2.57/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sonos

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sonos Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have been a Sonos user from the days when it was a bridge.... as the products have evolved, i have upgraded. I have a soundbar, sub woofer, 6 sonos 5’s, just to give an indication of my loyalty to the brand. I have even convinced friends and family to purchase the products!! I have always bought the product from high street retailers. I recently received an offer direct from sonos, offering me a part exchange for one of my old sonos bridge. The offer was actually very good. I placed an order for another sonos sub woofer. The product arrived within 3 days.... !!! Opened it as if it was the very first sonos product I ever purchased.... only to find the beautiful lacquer surface chipped.

I rang sonos, and they said that they would replace the product, and it would arrive within 3 days.... 9 days later and and three phone calls (waiting for an hour to get connected) I am told that the item will be dispatched, but it might be into the following week. There is no supervisor or manager I can speak to, it is the christmas period, and they are very busy. So tough, wait for the product, it will be dispatched. Most appalling customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Bought two speakers and the amp to play my iTunes music. This was the ONLY reason I purchased Sonos in the first place. They should be sued for false advertising because I and all other Apple users can no longer play curated music, forcing customers to sign up and pay for music service. I hope someone initiates a class action suit against Sonos. I want my money back! I am a pissed off customer and will never again purchase a Sonos Combo product.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Owned Sonos for a few years now and the experience has gone down hill. The connection problems are awful with your wifi. All songs will stop playing or skip to another track mid way thru. I've contacted customer support several times but they are useless to fix the problem and will always blame it on your wifi strength and not their product. If you google anything about Sonos connectivity issues you will see hundreds of complaints about the same problem! The sound of the speakers is good, but what's the use if it skips through all of your music. I've since purchased another wireless speaker from a competitor and have no connection issues. Avoid Sonos! Now I'm stuck with one of their speakers collecting dust in the closet!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a Sonos Play 1 a few months ago, not for price but because I didn't want a speaker that might be listening to me. The instructions for set up were dreadful but after a few hours it was working perfectly. Last week I decided to buy a second one to pair it with the one I already had to give me a stereo system. It was easier to set up since I knew what I was doing. I was listening to music on my existing Play 1 while setting up and pairing the second one. Once this was completed there was no sound from either. After much on-line research and several exchanges with Sonos Customer Service, I finally learned that I now have two expensive, useless speakers.

I only listen to music I've curated and stored on my phone and tablet. When I set up the first speaker there was a "From this device" option which worked fine. That option was taken away by Sonos in August 2019. The company claims this was done in response to customer complaints about performance issues. I think the proper response would have been to fix the problems rather than take away the option but that's not what they did, rendering thousands of units useless without expensive and time-consuming work-arounds.

I bought my 2nd speaker in September 2019 not knowing any of this and thought the company must have some solution for me. Unfortunately not. They suggested I buy their newer speakers or subscribe to streaming services that are Sonos supported or, if I don't like these options, sell my speakers on Ebay. It is rare to encounter this level of contempt for customers today but I guess they don't need or want my business. I'll probably find someone who does subscribe to a streaming service to buy my speakers. I'll go back to Bluetooth and buy Bose or Klipsch or some other speaker that sounds as good as Sonos. I was hoping to do my entire house with Sonos but, after this experience with the company, I staying clear of them and their products.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My soundbar stopped working 3 years after purchase. Sonos' solution was for me to send them my Sonos Soundbar and then they would give me a discount on buying a new one which was still over $500 dollars. I asked them why they needed the old one back because I think they are going to fix the old one and sell as refurbished rather than just charge me to fix it. They had no comment. I think that is a poor business model and I'm done using Sonos.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sonos?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased my first Sonos amps many years ago. At the time they were called Connect Amp. Also at the time the company provided clients fast and reliable service. You could call them up and be assured to speak with a person within a few minutes at most. Since purchasing my products many years ago I have noticed that client care has gone down substantially. Now you can only call between specific hours, they've eliminated a Canadian toll free number, they've reduced features every time they've made "updates" which are more like downgrades and a way to assure obsolescence.

My review is if you choose to purchase one or two Sonos products know what you're buying beforehand and certainly if you intend to expand your system to more than two, I would highly recommend looking at other products which are less expensive and equal in quality of sound. Unfortunately I learnt my lesson because I bought one product at a time and I am now at 6 amps which makes this system overpriced and now lacking in the customer care that I was once used to. Someone needs to fire the executives at this company. Don't buy Sonos if you intend to expand to over two units or if you need real and live customer care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I have owned an extensive Sonos Audio system for years and I think someone should put the executives at Sonos on suicide watch as they are killing their own image and reputation by alienating their customers by making their system incompatible with Apple devices. I bought their products because it was an easy way to play back my playlists from my iPhone and iPad but now I can no longer do this. I am in the real estate business and it is like I sold you a house and gave you keys to the doors but, after you bought it, I announce that you can no longer use the doors to enter your house. Many consumers now have useless Sonos products. Why are the execs at Sonos sabotaging their own customer base? Maybe we shouldn't save them if they aren't smart enough to fix this on their own?

Original review: June 12, 2019

There once was a time when you could invest in high-quality audio equipment and be assured of reliable performance for years, if not decades. Sonos does not follow that model. If you own Sonos equipment, you have to worry not only about the performance of the equipment -- which is unpredictable -- but you must also take into account that the people at Sonos might change their mind about how they prefer their equipment to work. I have spent thousands of dollars on my Sonos system, and many more thousands on a music library that I own. However, Sonos notified me that with the next update these two investments of mine will no longer be compatible. In other words, I will not be able to play back any music stored locally on my devices.

Of course, I will be able to play my own music if I spend more money on additional Sonos products (a lot more) or start paying for a premium streaming service every month and download my entire library to it. But to be forced into this decision based on the whims of the people at Sonos does not make for satisfied customers when they have already spent as much money as I have.

It took nearly two years of dealing with technical issues getting all of my Sonos speakers to consistently cooperate. I have finally been able to enjoy my own music library hassle-free for the last several months. Looks like that will be all I get to enjoy. I have nothing but regret for buying these speakers. My experience with Sonos has been only repeated disappointment.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The company FORCES an update onto me. Despite my many complaints to them. It fails to give me the option of having no update. I have no idea what the updates are for, no guarantee they will work. No way to simply keep a system that works for me. This is intrusive behaviour on their part. Wholly unacceptable. The updates do NOT fix the drop-outs I often experience using Sonos, both with radio and my own music library.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Anytime there is an updates, (updates I am forced to do just before I have company over for a party), the software either hangs up, gives a stupid message such as I need to add another speaker. I have enough speakers! No other option given, and I don't know what to do. I am changing away from Sonos. Sonos software has been doing this to me for years and I am more than familiar with technology. It was fine in the beginning, for about a year before all this started. The most frustrating thing is the lack of any benefit to the updates. All I want to do is play my music. Very, very frustrating and now money being thrown away.

Sonos Company Information