3.77/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

13 Sonos Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 22, 2018

After months of back and forth it was finally discovered that my Sonos 5 speaker had a broken wireless bit and the speaker needed to be replaced. They said they would send me a new one and I was to send back my broken speaker. My speaker never came. After calling back they said it was out of warranty! That speaker is over $500!!! NEVER BUY SONOS!!! I think they are a scam and I am going to tell everyone!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Used to be great but I imagine the business has new owners as it is now colossally awful! Constant updates of the App that prevent you from using your speakers until it is updated. Often takes 20 minutes and you only know when you try and use your speakers. Awful App. Unintuitive and cannot find most of my music as has no keyword search function. No Bluetooth so cannot play Youtube. Need to create an account with a complicated password 8 digits with special characters and uppercase etc. Exactly 8 digits means 99% of people have to create and remember a special password for using their speakers. They also have stopped old equipment from working forcing people to replace their equipment. Buy Bluetooth. Much easier and less complicated.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I would appreciate the instructions to be more step by step with pictures. I am not stupid but my technology is a little dated so make it easy for me. I don't want to have to ask kids to give up their time. I should be able to do.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It has a loud sound not muffled and this little speaker is outstanding for my back yard and also inside my home. I love, love, love our Sonos speaker and I tell anyone looking for a speaker.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My daughter "convinced" me that we "needed" an in home assistance, yet I am still trying to figure out why I bought this product. It's not necessary and it's not useful to simplify life. It’s very complicated and disruptive and I feel watched. What if the device gets hacked, no privacy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sonos?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We had to hire Geek Squad to correctly get it to interact with Charter/Spectrum. It's not easy to navigate with the Logitech remote, the cable company and all the wifi interference. The last update with Sonos made our audio not work but once I complained Sonos sent me another update which worked.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have a Sonos system consisting of two Sonos 5 speakers. They were easy to hook up, and the sound is of above average! These are the best speakers I've ever had!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I would recommend Sonos to anyone. I have indoor and outdoor speakers even around my pool. The sound and clarity is great. I am thinking about adding to my shop also. If you like music as much as I do. I know you will enjoy it also. While my neighbors are not close your neighbor will enjoy the sound also.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Excellent Speakers which allow a great amount of installation flexibility. They are costly, but well worth the money. They also allow the flexibility to effectively interface with other speaker brands (e.g., Outside speaker systems).

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My Sonos system was set up and installed by the people from the technology group that installed my cable and other electronics. The system was easy to use once I finally figured out how the system worked and how to play the music outside on my pool deck.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I think that it's best for your living room, to hear the best quality of sound good system for your dollar, and your time. Music sounds like you're at a live concert or at the theater.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Sonos is a great system. I can hear one song in my bedroom and another in another room. Sound is clear without any distortion at all. However, connection to the internet and my phone was a bit difficult... Too complicated.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It's OK for providing background music. You use your own music or use one of many radio connections. I own a high quality hifi sound system so it's not used for enjoyable listening.

Sonos Company Information