JVC TVs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

JVC TVs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

111 JVC TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

It has been only 2 months old and my TV stop working. After that no customer service support nor any feedback for part replacement. Now it has been almost 15 days and over but no result. It is better to buy some other branded product paying some more money. Giving 1 Star to this product is not worth. Please don't buy JVC product.

Original review: June 24, 2019

‪@JVC_USA I will never buy a JVC TV again. Your customer support/repair team sucks. That’s why Samsung, LG & Sony are the leading popular TV purchases. Next Google review‬. I have a submitted my TV claim since April 2019 and I only used this for 3 months and it didn’t last a year. I want a full refund back.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Terrible for streaming, poor picture quality, dead pixels and poor navigation. This tv is definitely one to stay away from. When streaming there is a complete lag even when you have good Wi-Fi speed. There are dead pixels on the screen and faces always appear with rosy cheeks. To top it off, this tv doesn't come with the latest running systems such as bluetooth or optical ports. Sad to say I can't even run my newly purchased sound bar on a tv purchased only 5 months ago.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought a 65 inch Smart TV, got the product today and was very excited. While I was setting it up and taking of all the cling wrap I noticed some spots on the TV. Guess what? Switched it on and there were lots of black spots on the display. Now what?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I Purchased a Smart TV, mainly for the preloaded Netflix and Youtube Apps for my kids, I also liked that it had a Google play store for me to download other apps.

I found a lot of app incompatible with the TV, ok, I had the important TV apps. I found the whole system including the use of Netflix to be clumsy and buggy, but hey, it was allowing me to have all my viewing options in one place without having to switch between devices and AirPlay or Chromecast. Surely there would be updates getting released for both the apps and TV overtime that would deal with these issues.... Wishful thinking apparently, After having my new TV not even 6 weeks, Netflix had a new update.... Great! Well actually no.... This new update is not compatible with my device (TV). To say that I was shocked and upset was an understatement.

I rang JVC Support line.... The first guy I spoke to was rude, and obviously didnt care about my issue. He recommended that I use Chromecast! Seriously? Appalled at his attitude, I requested to speak to someone else, the second guy I was a little bit more empathetic and seemed to almost care about my frustrating situation. His answers to my problem were to factory reset Netflix back to the original version that came with the TV. After some discussion I clarified with him that I could not just reset Netflix... He meant the whole TV....which meant I had to spend hours (again) setting up my TV, downloading the other apps I wanted and logging back into everything.

I asked the Customer Service Representative if JVC was bringing out any updates for the TV in the near future.... His answer was that there would never be any updates for the TV in the future... Why? Because apparently they have no way of testing future updates on my hardware? Seriously? Dont they keep a demo unit in their technical department for such purposes? This to me is ludocracy! So basically I bought a TV that was relevant (although buggy) for all of a month. Had I just gone a bought a Chromecast for my old TV in the first place I would have had saved myself a lot of money, time and frustration. Not impressed, and I will not be purchasing another JVC product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JVC?

Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought a 55" JVC curve Tv from Game Store only to find out that the tv is not play protected meaning that the TV can not stream dstv now apps and is only limited to a few things such as Youtube, Facebook, internet etc.... Netflix came with the tv however I was told by Netflix that they do not support the make of this television which I find strange seeing that the tv came out with the Netflix app. I've gone back to the store to query this and was advised that I need to contact the manufacturer but when I contacted JVC they advise me to take the tv back to the store I purchased it from. Worst service and tv ever bought and game stores have no pride in selling customer tv that they know is not compatible with all smart apps, smart tv my **.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought (2) JVC TV's from Aaron's, a buy here furniture store. Both identical. Not smart TV's, just normal 50" flat screens. One was used and one was new. Bought them in April of 2015. Only problem with the used one is that speaker gets muffled occasionally. The new one however just before Christmas 2018 got an on/off problem. No light bulb problems on either.

The used one I know I can just replace the speakers. I build computers so how hard can it be? The new one at first you pushed the power on button and it came on for a few seconds then went back off. Then it didn't come on at all. I researched some trick that you use tv remote and hold down volume and channel button for 10 seconds then hit the power button on remote. It came on. 2 times in a row but stopped after that. If you leave it sit for days it will flash on for a few seconds. Now back is off of it and I just ordered the button board and wires for it. If that doesn't work it is going to the electronic recycling program on May 11th and we will just save up for another brand. Sam's Club has a 50 flat screen for just under $300. Can't remember the brand. Sorry all you guys are having light bulb issues. I couldn't imagine changing those every 3 years as we have (3) 50" and one 60" in our house, not all JVC's thank goodness.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I bought this TV brand new in November 2018. Firstly please note that JVC TVs are not compatible with the NOW TV app - you will need a separate box. Inexplicably, the TV now won’t power on. At all. The red light is lit but the remote doesn’t seem to work despite changing the batteries. It’s been unplugged and left to “rest” but nothing works. There are no actual buttons on the TV to press to reset. In short I’m stuffed. Awaiting a response from Currys/PC World but wishing I’d paid that little bit extra for the Samsung TV - always had Samsung TVs and have never had any issues... Don’t buy.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I bought a 47" JVC flat screen at COSTCO and after 3 1/2 years, the power doesn't work. I tried everything and can't figure out what the problem is. I called JVC and they told me it's out of warranty and I could pay their local repairman to fix. Seriously? This TV costs me $300 & I have a 50" LG and 40" Samsung both of which I've owned for almost 8 yrs and no problem. I would rather buy another Samsung then fix this piece of junk. Don't buy JVC!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought my TV 2 weeks back at hi_fi corp. Am not happy with the quality. It's too not clear fr LED. I have tried to adjust but it's getting worse. l don't know what to do. I also bought sound bar & it's got an aux not working proper.

JVC TVs Company Information