2.43/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings

101 JVC TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

LT65N785A TV - Picture takes up to three minutes to appear when turning on TV. Sound quality poor and has developed 60 mm wide line splitting screen in two. Also freezes up on Netflix. Was told by Netflix JVC not compatible with Netflix in Australia. TV only two months old. Worst TV I have owned, still waiting for home repair service to make contact.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had bought a 50" JVC TV last year march. Last night I heard a noise and lights tripped... When I went to see what was wrong, the tv had a crack on it that looks like it came from the inside of the tv. I pùt the tv on and no picture no nothing... just lines and lines. Thank God I have a warranty. Really pissed off.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

It's an old 32" tube television that works VERY WELL!! With years of great performance!! I'm an old school electronic tech… Until my old TV dies, then I'll get a new flat screen high definition TV. Yes! Cost are much lower now… But I'm in no hurry, because every year something newer is going to make last year's model obsolete!! So I'll be patient!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Bought a JVC 55" 4k on Black Friday 2016 at Sam's Club. It was a great price and has worked flawlessly since then. Sound was terrible but I knew that when I bought it and it was hooked to a surround sound system right away. I have no complaints especially for the price.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I purchased a new KD R980BTS Stereo from Best Buy. It is defective. EQ setting issues. Flat but shows correctly. Have to change daily. JVC gave me the runaround 3 times on the phone while I waited to be contacted back from them. It went past 15 days and now I have a defective stereo and cannot return it. I hope others have a better experience. I am stuck with a lemon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JVC?

Original review: April 9, 2017

Purchased JVC HDTV, model #JVCEM39FT 2-1/2 years ago. It now has no picture. Cable company came out because of course I thought that might be the problem (bad cable box), of course they stated the cable box was fine (wow, a $70.00 service call). Called JVC technical support and of course they stated the warranty was over, but I could pay (in advance mind you) a $205.00 service charge for a technician to come out and repair the product - 5 to 7 days. I don't think so JVC... I guess they are just another company that mfg's products to last a short time. It seems everyone just wants to make another buck (cable company is horrible - JVC product is horrible). I will never, ever, purchase any JVC product again. Thank you for listening/reading my complaint.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I have never had a single problem with JVC in 25 years. I am not even sure one can buy a TV like mine anymore. It is completely simple to use, yet has the capacity to accommodate the insanely complicated, oppressive and expensive assaults of mandated digital requirements. My only problem is that I now have to use two remotes instead of one. Now I wish you'd ask me about my telephone service!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I called JVC and all they could tell me was they only had a 1 year warranty on their products. I kept asking why my remote with new batteries in it does not allow the volume or power to work when all other items work on TV remote. They never did answer my question. I will never again buy another JVC or Kenwood product.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I bought a 20" JVC TV with a DVD player in Dec 2014 from Sam's Club. By Sep 2016 it won't turn on and a DVD is stuck inside. I emailed JVC's customer service department 3 times and still haven't received a response. I also have a JVC radio in my Explorer and it stopped working as well. When I turn it on it says to eject the CD. However, there isn't a CD in it. Customer service and loyalty doesn't mean anything to these big companies anymore. Consumers are just numbers these days.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I've had the JVC LT-40TW51J TV for 2.5 years and it's died. What a pile of rubbish.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I bought this unit about two (2) years ago on our base's Base Exchange (Kirtland Air Force Base). This TV is among the very best I have owned. Only one complaint - I have not been able to get its audio sound through my amplifier. I had had a "Hybrid" television which conked out just before I bought this JVC and it, and previous TVs worked great by hooking them up to the Video 1 ports in back of the Sony Amplifier. But I cannot get the JVC to give me any sound through my speakers (though its speakers have ALWAYS worked extremely well and dependably).

I am posting the review here out of sheer frustration, as I have tried every possible combination of connections in back of the Amplifier and still no results. What am I doing wrong? I have even used the output jacks in back of the Amplifier in addition to the input jacks and still nothing. This also happens with the DVR player. The "Tuner" setting (radio) tells me the speakers are working just fine. The problem(s) seem to be the connection from the JVC TV to the Amplifier and of course, the connection from the DVR (a Samsung Blue-Ray unit that is brand-new) to the TV. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I can only remember vaguely when my parents bought our JVC since it was a very long time ago, more than 15 years ago but up till now it still gives us great picture quality and crisp sound. I can say it's even better than some of the LED TV and Smart TVs when it comes to the quality of its sound. All the control buttons are still intact. Not once did we need it to be serviced. I can only hope that TVs right now are made with the same quality.

Original review: May 21, 2016

Just less than three months after warranty ran out tv would not turn on. This seems to be a very big issue with JVC. I purchased it at Costco and neither will help me. TV is at a second home and has been on less than 50 times in the last two years.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I have a 32 inch JVC TV/DVD player that within 16 months of purchase it quit working. It will not turn on at all. Once it was turned off in April it never would come back on. I took it to a JVC service repair shop and they told me it was a sensor/module problem. The problem is they don't make the part anymore and the repair shop could not find the part anywhere. Isn't that a bummer!!! This tv was not our main tv so it wasn't on every day. No more JVC TV's in our home. I was told it was a part #B14052130-0A02879.

Original review: April 4, 2016

Very dissatisfied with the experience. I have JVC 50" LED FHD. Picture poor for a LED FHD. No enough options to choose from (Sound and Picture). No option to update Android OS to upgrade version. The GUI is ugly and so poor in color quality. No sound out to Sound system. I regret.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

My TV is only 2 years old and over the past 9 months the volume will go up and down by itself. At first it was only once in a while, now it happens daily. The volume will go all the way to 100 and I can't turn it down, so I have to shut off my TV and turn it back on. Sometimes it takes several times of on/off before I can get the volume lower.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

My JVC is a 36, yes it is the first flat screen at the time. It's a 1999 model with the HD capabilities at that time. And I still have not maxed out the controls for the picture control for peak performance. I had a LG and barely lasted two years plus that is what others are saying about the LG TV.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

I have a small 27" JVC TV with built-in DVD player. This is my second JVC purchase. I still have my original TV purchased in the mid 1980's, which works just fine. My newer model is sleeker and the picture more refined. It seems to be a quality TV/DVD as I haven't had any problems with it (it is several years old). Would highly recommend this brand to others. I love the simple design of JVC.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

My JVC Television is thirteen years old and I have not had any problems. I would purchase another JVC again. The picture is still sharp and colors are very vibrant.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

No proper service center and attendance. Power supply units are very weak. Clarity of picture is not satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I bought this set at discount, a forty-two inch flat screen LCD. I am satisfied with JVC. The sound is better on the LCD than the LED models. I use an accessory amplifier and external speakers in addition to the TV speakers for good sound. I get good reception with an antenna.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

This is the first television I have had in my home in over 9 years, so everything about it was novel to me. It came with a ROKU. I can watch standard shows or movies I have on my computer download. The very flat screen minimizes the impact on the room and I am able to lift the set myself at about 17 lbs. The clarity of the picture is phenomenal and it is my first experience with HD; so lifelike!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I have a 55" JVC. We love it. I was able to hook it up myself with its easy instructions and set all the settings as well. The color and HD are amazing. Have had it over a year now and I'm still happy with it every time I turn it on. I have a Toshiba. Never had any issues with 5 years now. I would never purchase a Samsung again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I think at this point many brands are good, my advice don't pay more than 1000 dollars for a TV set. Most of the brands are very good enough and the best value is don't spend much of your money in TV.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I have a JVC flat screen and I totally love it. It has some smart features to it. I can touch the screen to turn the volume up and down, change the contrast, and make some of my fonts bigger.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

It is 50" LED, very user-friendly, great picture. I am 100% solar so I am very energy use conscious, it is very frugal on energy use. My previous flat screen just was a power sucker even when off, we had to put it on a surge strip and turn off the power. This one is great, the only feature we cannot use is the internet option. We are in satellite internet so we have a limited amount of bandwidth compared to cable. Great overall value. Very happy with it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

The TV was too big for the room, the bulbs needed to be replaced periodically, and I was the one who had to order and install the new bulbs. Please consider the maintenance required (if any now) on a TV, the SIZE of TV and where to put it before you bring it home.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Our JVC TV was probably the best television we've ever purchased. It lasted many, many years and we'd not hesitate to purchase another.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

We replaced a broken Magnavox with a new JVC television of the same 42" size for economic reasons (it was on sale). The JVC has as good a picture but the sound quality has us trying different equalizer settings constantly. To be fair, it can be difficult to tell whether the audio engineer on a movie or TV program should not be in the business at all or that the TV just has 1) bad speakers, 2) bad audio card in general, or 3) both of the former. And the combination of bad unenforced FCC guidelines for TV sound and commercials that can blow one out of the room without muting them entirely having the audio "headroom" or amount of good, listenable audio smashed up against a tech ceiling that distorts the sound badly further clouds this issue.

After some serious note-taking, it became obvious that most audio engineering in the business both television and cinematic has been relegated to a cheap, idiot brother-in-law rather than someone that has actually passed a hearing test and can at least read a spectrum analyzer. The television itself is also not without some of the blame. When watching a music program, we find it prudent to mute the third-rate audio provisions in the TV and run the audio through the Cerwin Vega stereo house system. Television manufactures in general do not give due consideration to the sound, just the picture. But the truly terrible deaf-eggs that make up the bulk of those in the industry doing most of the audio mixes need to go away.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Our JVC is over 10 years old and works great. It has a 35" screen. It is heavy so we don't move it much. When it no longer works, we will replace it with a flat screen HDTV.

JVC TVs Company Information