2.32/5

108 JVC TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought a 65 inch Smart TV, got the product today and was very excited. While I was setting it up and taking of all the cling wrap I noticed some spots on the TV. Guess what? Switched it on and there were lots of black spots on the display. Now what?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I Purchased a Smart TV, mainly for the preloaded Netflix and Youtube Apps for my kids, I also liked that it had a Google play store for me to download other apps.

I found a lot of app incompatible with the TV, ok, I had the important TV apps. I found the whole system including the use of Netflix to be clumsy and buggy, but hey, it was allowing me to have all my viewing options in one place without having to switch between devices and AirPlay or Chromecast. Surely there would be updates getting released for both the apps and TV overtime that would deal with these issues.... Wishful thinking apparently, After having my new TV not even 6 weeks, Netflix had a new update.... Great! Well actually no.... This new update is not compatible with my device (TV). To say that I was shocked and upset was an understatement.

I rang JVC Support line.... The first guy I spoke to was rude, and obviously didnt care about my issue. He recommended that I use Chromecast! Seriously? Appalled at his attitude, I requested to speak to someone else, the second guy I was a little bit more empathetic and seemed to almost care about my frustrating situation. His answers to my problem were to factory reset Netflix back to the original version that came with the TV. After some discussion I clarified with him that I could not just reset Netflix... He meant the whole TV....which meant I had to spend hours (again) setting up my TV, downloading the other apps I wanted and logging back into everything.

I asked the Customer Service Representative if JVC was bringing out any updates for the TV in the near future.... His answer was that there would never be any updates for the TV in the future... Why? Because apparently they have no way of testing future updates on my hardware? Seriously? Dont they keep a demo unit in their technical department for such purposes? This to me is ludocracy! So basically I bought a TV that was relevant (although buggy) for all of a month. Had I just gone a bought a Chromecast for my old TV in the first place I would have had saved myself a lot of money, time and frustration. Not impressed, and I will not be purchasing another JVC product.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought a 55" JVC curve Tv from Game Store only to find out that the tv is not play protected meaning that the TV can not stream dstv now apps and is only limited to a few things such as Youtube, Facebook, internet etc.... Netflix came with the tv however I was told by Netflix that they do not support the make of this television which I find strange seeing that the tv came out with the Netflix app. I've gone back to the store to query this and was advised that I need to contact the manufacturer but when I contacted JVC they advise me to take the tv back to the store I purchased it from. Worst service and tv ever bought and game stores have no pride in selling customer tv that they know is not compatible with all smart apps, smart tv my **.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought (2) JVC TV's from Aaron's, a buy here furniture store. Both identical. Not smart TV's, just normal 50" flat screens. One was used and one was new. Bought them in April of 2015. Only problem with the used one is that speaker gets muffled occasionally. The new one however just before Christmas 2018 got an on/off problem. No light bulb problems on either.

The used one I know I can just replace the speakers. I build computers so how hard can it be? The new one at first you pushed the power on button and it came on for a few seconds then went back off. Then it didn't come on at all. I researched some trick that you use tv remote and hold down volume and channel button for 10 seconds then hit the power button on remote. It came on. 2 times in a row but stopped after that. If you leave it sit for days it will flash on for a few seconds. Now back is off of it and I just ordered the button board and wires for it. If that doesn't work it is going to the electronic recycling program on May 11th and we will just save up for another brand. Sam's Club has a 50 flat screen for just under $300. Can't remember the brand. Sorry all you guys are having light bulb issues. I couldn't imagine changing those every 3 years as we have (3) 50" and one 60" in our house, not all JVC's thank goodness.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I bought this TV brand new in November 2018. Firstly please note that JVC TVs are not compatible with the NOW TV app - you will need a separate box. Inexplicably, the TV now won’t power on. At all. The red light is lit but the remote doesn’t seem to work despite changing the batteries. It’s been unplugged and left to “rest” but nothing works. There are no actual buttons on the TV to press to reset. In short I’m stuffed. Awaiting a response from Currys/PC World but wishing I’d paid that little bit extra for the Samsung TV - always had Samsung TVs and have never had any issues... Don’t buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JVC?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I bought a 47" JVC flat screen at COSTCO and after 3 1/2 years, the power doesn't work. I tried everything and can't figure out what the problem is. I called JVC and they told me it's out of warranty and I could pay their local repairman to fix. Seriously? This TV costs me $300 & I have a 50" LG and 40" Samsung both of which I've owned for almost 8 yrs and no problem. I would rather buy another Samsung then fix this piece of junk. Don't buy JVC!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought my TV 2 weeks back at hi_fi corp. Am not happy with the quality. It's too not clear fr LED. I have tried to adjust but it's getting worse. l don't know what to do. I also bought sound bar & it's got an aux not working proper.

Original review: June 17, 2018

LT65N785A TV - Picture takes up to three minutes to appear when turning on TV. Sound quality poor and has developed 60 mm wide line splitting screen in two. Also freezes up on Netflix. Was told by Netflix JVC not compatible with Netflix in Australia. TV only two months old. Worst TV I have owned, still waiting for home repair service to make contact.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had bought a 50" JVC TV last year march. Last night I heard a noise and lights tripped... When I went to see what was wrong, the tv had a crack on it that looks like it came from the inside of the tv. I pùt the tv on and no picture no nothing... just lines and lines. Thank God I have a warranty. Really pissed off.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

It's an old 32" tube television that works VERY WELL!! With years of great performance!! I'm an old school electronic tech… Until my old TV dies, then I'll get a new flat screen high definition TV. Yes! Cost are much lower now… But I'm in no hurry, because every year something newer is going to make last year's model obsolete!! So I'll be patient!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Bought a JVC 55" 4k on Black Friday 2016 at Sam's Club. It was a great price and has worked flawlessly since then. Sound was terrible but I knew that when I bought it and it was hooked to a surround sound system right away. I have no complaints especially for the price.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I purchased a new KD R980BTS Stereo from Best Buy. It is defective. EQ setting issues. Flat but shows correctly. Have to change daily. JVC gave me the runaround 3 times on the phone while I waited to be contacted back from them. It went past 15 days and now I have a defective stereo and cannot return it. I hope others have a better experience. I am stuck with a lemon.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Purchased JVC HDTV, model #JVCEM39FT 2-1/2 years ago. It now has no picture. Cable company came out because of course I thought that might be the problem (bad cable box), of course they stated the cable box was fine (wow, a $70.00 service call). Called JVC technical support and of course they stated the warranty was over, but I could pay (in advance mind you) a $205.00 service charge for a technician to come out and repair the product - 5 to 7 days. I don't think so JVC... I guess they are just another company that mfg's products to last a short time. It seems everyone just wants to make another buck (cable company is horrible - JVC product is horrible). I will never, ever, purchase any JVC product again. Thank you for listening/reading my complaint.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I have never had a single problem with JVC in 25 years. I am not even sure one can buy a TV like mine anymore. It is completely simple to use, yet has the capacity to accommodate the insanely complicated, oppressive and expensive assaults of mandated digital requirements. My only problem is that I now have to use two remotes instead of one. Now I wish you'd ask me about my telephone service!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I called JVC and all they could tell me was they only had a 1 year warranty on their products. I kept asking why my remote with new batteries in it does not allow the volume or power to work when all other items work on TV remote. They never did answer my question. I will never again buy another JVC or Kenwood product.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I bought a 20" JVC TV with a DVD player in Dec 2014 from Sam's Club. By Sep 2016 it won't turn on and a DVD is stuck inside. I emailed JVC's customer service department 3 times and still haven't received a response. I also have a JVC radio in my Explorer and it stopped working as well. When I turn it on it says to eject the CD. However, there isn't a CD in it. Customer service and loyalty doesn't mean anything to these big companies anymore. Consumers are just numbers these days.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I've had the JVC LT-40TW51J TV for 2.5 years and it's died. What a pile of rubbish.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I bought this unit about two (2) years ago on our base's Base Exchange (Kirtland Air Force Base). This TV is among the very best I have owned. Only one complaint - I have not been able to get its audio sound through my amplifier. I had had a "Hybrid" television which conked out just before I bought this JVC and it, and previous TVs worked great by hooking them up to the Video 1 ports in back of the Sony Amplifier. But I cannot get the JVC to give me any sound through my speakers (though its speakers have ALWAYS worked extremely well and dependably).

I am posting the review here out of sheer frustration, as I have tried every possible combination of connections in back of the Amplifier and still no results. What am I doing wrong? I have even used the output jacks in back of the Amplifier in addition to the input jacks and still nothing. This also happens with the DVR player. The "Tuner" setting (radio) tells me the speakers are working just fine. The problem(s) seem to be the connection from the JVC TV to the Amplifier and of course, the connection from the DVR (a Samsung Blue-Ray unit that is brand-new) to the TV. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I can only remember vaguely when my parents bought our JVC since it was a very long time ago, more than 15 years ago but up till now it still gives us great picture quality and crisp sound. I can say it's even better than some of the LED TV and Smart TVs when it comes to the quality of its sound. All the control buttons are still intact. Not once did we need it to be serviced. I can only hope that TVs right now are made with the same quality.

Original review: May 21, 2016

Just less than three months after warranty ran out tv would not turn on. This seems to be a very big issue with JVC. I purchased it at Costco and neither will help me. TV is at a second home and has been on less than 50 times in the last two years.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I have a 32 inch JVC TV/DVD player that within 16 months of purchase it quit working. It will not turn on at all. Once it was turned off in April it never would come back on. I took it to a JVC service repair shop and they told me it was a sensor/module problem. The problem is they don't make the part anymore and the repair shop could not find the part anywhere. Isn't that a bummer!!! This tv was not our main tv so it wasn't on every day. No more JVC TV's in our home. I was told it was a part #B14052130-0A02879.

Original review: April 4, 2016

Very dissatisfied with the experience. I have JVC 50" LED FHD. Picture poor for a LED FHD. No enough options to choose from (Sound and Picture). No option to update Android OS to upgrade version. The GUI is ugly and so poor in color quality. No sound out to Sound system. I regret.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

My TV is only 2 years old and over the past 9 months the volume will go up and down by itself. At first it was only once in a while, now it happens daily. The volume will go all the way to 100 and I can't turn it down, so I have to shut off my TV and turn it back on. Sometimes it takes several times of on/off before I can get the volume lower.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

My JVC is a 36, yes it is the first flat screen at the time. It's a 1999 model with the HD capabilities at that time. And I still have not maxed out the controls for the picture control for peak performance. I had a LG and barely lasted two years plus that is what others are saying about the LG TV.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

I have a small 27" JVC TV with built-in DVD player. This is my second JVC purchase. I still have my original TV purchased in the mid 1980's, which works just fine. My newer model is sleeker and the picture more refined. It seems to be a quality TV/DVD as I haven't had any problems with it (it is several years old). Would highly recommend this brand to others. I love the simple design of JVC.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

My JVC Television is thirteen years old and I have not had any problems. I would purchase another JVC again. The picture is still sharp and colors are very vibrant.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

No proper service center and attendance. Power supply units are very weak. Clarity of picture is not satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I bought this set at discount, a forty-two inch flat screen LCD. I am satisfied with JVC. The sound is better on the LCD than the LED models. I use an accessory amplifier and external speakers in addition to the TV speakers for good sound. I get good reception with an antenna.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

This is the first television I have had in my home in over 9 years, so everything about it was novel to me. It came with a ROKU. I can watch standard shows or movies I have on my computer download. The very flat screen minimizes the impact on the room and I am able to lift the set myself at about 17 lbs. The clarity of the picture is phenomenal and it is my first experience with HD; so lifelike!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I have a 55" JVC. We love it. I was able to hook it up myself with its easy instructions and set all the settings as well. The color and HD are amazing. Have had it over a year now and I'm still happy with it every time I turn it on. I have a Toshiba. Never had any issues with 5 years now. I would never purchase a Samsung again.

JVC TVs Company Information