Bose

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I never write reviews but I feel compelled to. Bose UK hands down offer the best customer support I've had the pleasure to experience in recent times. I run a business and so I deal with lots of big corporations and not many even come close. I love their speakers, I love their headphones and I especially love dealing with a company that actually respects my custom. Bravo.

I recently purchased the New Bose Lifestyle 650 system and after many hours on the phone with tech support, to try and resolve the problem with the up and down buttons on the remote not working on a consistent basis. I still have not gotten the problem resolved even after many hours on the phone with Bose. I would hesitate in buying this system until they get this problem. I have had 2 other Bose systems in the past and have never had a problem, but I cannot say the same for this new system. With a price tag of $5000, it seems to me, someone missed the boat on this particular item.

Ordered SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker II online, and was suppose to take 2-3 business days. Then the confirmation email said four days, but included no tracking number. On the fifth business day (excluding Saturday) I called Bose - the person reluctantly answered that she was actually in Manila (shame on Bose for outsourcing) & according to this Bose representative, the item hadn't been shipped at all. I cancelled - thank you Bose for ruining an intended gift.

I called yesterday to see why this shipment, that was in stock when I placed the order on 12/14, had not yet delivered. The customer service rep told me that it would be delivering sometime next week. I told him that this was a Christmas gift and that was not acceptable. The shipment should have already arrived based on the 3-4 day transit and 4 day maximum order processing time. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on terminal hold. I waited for 15 minutes on hold and then hung up and called back.

The next rep that I spoke with told me that you were out of stock and had a long list of backorders. The new shipment wouldn't even be arriving to your warehouse until the middle of next week. Again I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed that the information from the second rep was correct and they wouldn't have anything to ship until next week. I asked her to cancel my order and refund my money. She said that she would cancel the order and not to worry because they don't charge my credit card until the order ships. I went out and purchased a replacement gift and considered this issue closed. Awful experience, but closed.

Online store showed inventory available at time of purchase 12/14. Order confirmation didn't reflect any backorder issues. No backorder email sent when the warehouse couldn't fulfill the order. Misinformation from Customer Service. Apathetic attitude on behalf of the first CS representative. This morning I received the attached email informing me that the order has now shipped! Of course it won't make it in time for Christmas and I already purchased a replacement gift. This is only adding additional work for me to now have to return the item and track the receipt by Bose and track my credit.

I am truly disappointed in this Bose experience. Over the years I have purchased multiple Bose products and always felt that your company provided the best in customer experience and product satisfaction. I have no idea what has happened to your customer service reps, web services, and supervisor follow through to resolve and properly close an issue. Out of curiosity, I searched the web to see if anyone else had any problems with Bose customer service. Lo and behold, Bose has the lowest possible rating on Consumer Affairs and the issues indicated are identical to what I just experienced. Bose you better get your act together or your reputation may be irreparably damaged.

I called and ordered a Bose under our company policy and paid for expedited shipping for a holiday gift in order to receive it within 1 business day. I sat on hold for over an hour each time I have called their customer service line. Three business days later, I have not received an email confirmation or receipt of the order or tracking information. I called Bose who said the ordered has been processed but the shipping label has just been created. After confirming the order number and tracking information online, I was told I would receive an email but still have yet to receive it. Bose customer service was not remotely apologetic and did not attempt at all to rectify the situation.

In order to get a refund on the expedited shipping, I have to call Bose back after I have received the product and sit on hold. I rather pay them money not to speak with their incompetent customer service. Now the product will arrive days after I was guaranteed its arrival, after the holidays and Christmas. I am incredibly disappointed by their service and demeanor while on the phone and had I read reviews prior on Consumer Affairs would have chosen a different product. I will no longer support this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Whilst I purchased the QC35 headphones I'm disappointed that I cannot use them through my Wave Sound Touch system. I would of reasonably expected to link them up wireless and not through my Laptop. I called Bose Customer Support. I asked the question who then took advice from the Technical support. Customer experience was good and I would of reasonably expected to see on the outer carton the wording. This is not compatible to our BOSE Music System whilst the Customer service gentleman was using a great deal of empathy. I was not the only customer who had the same issue.

Just reading through the other reviews I should be feeling 'welcome to the Bose customer service abuse group'. However, I feel this is just absolutely pathetic for a company for one of the best sound systems in the world to have the world's worst customer service. Basically the customer service is 'outsourced' and there is no 'correlation' to their services to what is happening on the ground in US. I was sent an order that I had canceled within a hour of placing the order (and also after speaking with someone to confirm it was canceled). Then I was put through the inconvenience of sending the package back to get my $$ credited back for the stuff I did not want and was sent because they made a mistake! Did I hear someone apologize even once? Not really.

Fast forwards after a month - no one knows where the package is, no one knows my UPS tracking number and as for the $$ that was taken out of my account - not coming back anytime soon. This is only the beginning of my venting of how terrible this service, I will not rest in peace until my money comes back into my account. And then, I'm banning Bose for life. I don't care how good they are if they don't value their customers.

Buyer beware! This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Agents are scripted, and cannot answer questions. You get placed in an endless queue waiting to speak to a supervisor. Please be warned that if you make a purchase and have any type of issue & need customer service or to return an item... you will be agonizingly placed on hold, & tossed around like a worn out sock! I will never spend another penny with this company. BTW... my return was received by them on 12/05/16 and it as of today, 12/16/16... per "Joan"... "Oh I see now we have received the item... but there is not information to provide to you yet." Really... 2 weeks?

I placed an order on December 8, 2016 for the qc15 replacement ear covers. The website said they would ship in 3-4 days. These were going to be a present for my husband. As of December 14th I had not received any notification from Bose about shipping or an update on my order. So, I called customer support and was told that they were actually out of stock but that they would be receiving a shipment the next day and she would expedite my shipping. I said thank you and hung up. On December 15th I did not receive a shipping notification. So, I again called customer support where I was told that they were out of stock and would be until the 20th. But that my item would most likely ship on the 20th. I informed the person that that would not work for me since my husband and I were going home to visit my family for the holidays and would be flying out on the 21st.

I told her what I was told the night before and she said "Sorry for the misinformation." I then asked why I was told they were in stock on the webpage when they actually weren't. I was then told, "We do not update our stock information on our website. We always encourage people to call before they order." I then asked how I was supposed to know that, and where on the website or in my email does it say for me to check availability before ordering. She told me, "it doesn't. We just encourage people to." So, honestly, I am extremely unhappy with Bose.

My husband and I have always been supporters of Bose. In fact we have convinced our entire family to become supporters of Bose but after this last experience we will no longer be supporting Bose. When the customer service people tell me my item is shipping and it isn't, and tell me that something is on the website, when it is not. And I am not informed that my item I ordered was out of stock so I can place an order with someone else. That is bad customer service and does not show that you care about your customers. I just wanted to make whoever aware of this, so hopefully, you do not screw another customer and ruin their Christmas present. Also, maybe you can work on your communication and accuracy of your stock. Thank you.

I cannot begin to describe the level of my frustration. From incompetent "managers" to those who outright lie to get out of the conversation. I ordered a gift on 12/3, with expedited 2 day delivery. By 12/5, I still had not received a confirmation of order or tracking number, so I called to inquire and was told to "be patient" and call back the following day. By 12/7, I had not heard anything, so I called and was told that the estimated delivery would be 12/14. At this point I asked to speak to a manager. "Fred" took my call and apologized and informed me that the order had not in fact even left the warehouse. He said as this was the case, he would personally make sure that the label is updated to show urgent overnight delivery and assured me that the product would arrive at my home on 12/8.

On 12/8, I get an email (finally!) confirming my order and providing me with a tracking number, which indicates 2 day ground service, with estimated delivery on 12/12. I called once again, and asked to speak to a manager. After a 45 minute hold, I was put through to "Scott" who was thrilled to tell me that I had been on hold for such a long time while he dealt with the issue, and that he had tracked down my order, and confirmed it had in fact been expedited and is on truck for delivery. He proceeded to give me a new tracking number. After I hung up, I checked the tracking number he provided me with, and I kid you not, he had given me the tracking details for another customers order. I called back immediately and was placed on a 40 minute hold until I was allowed to speak to manager "Sam" who was very apologetic and full of broken promises.

He informed me that the product had still not left the warehouse and that he would need to put me on a very brief hold while he checked in with "Scott" to see how this can be fixed. I was on hold for an hour and a half. Eventually I gave up and hung up. An hour later, I tried again, this time speaking to a lovely agent who said that instead of putting me on hold, she would find a supervisor and then call me back. After 45 minutes, she called me back to connect me, and connected me to a deadline. I am now on my 9th call and currently on hold at 38 minutes. I cannot believe a company like Bose a) has the worst trained customer service representatives I have ever dealt with and b) are not capable of honoring their delivery dates. When paying almost $400 for a set of headphones, I expect much better service. I have sent an email which has gone unanswered. I will NEVER shop with Bose again, this has truly been a horrific experience.

I had purchased a Sonos Soundbar and was about to buy rear speakers when the salesman showed me the Bose Soundbar 300 - sounded so much better! Excited, I returned the Sonos, and bought the Bose setup. I live 3 hours from the nearest Bose dealer... Again, 3 hours driving each way. I spent four evenings (I work 12 hour shifts) after work trying to set up the speaker with the SoundBar, plug in this, set this up on my phone, nope, plug in that wire, setup on my phone, nope. Bluetooth yay! Music only, not so yay. Wrote to Bose, nope, SoundTouch 10 speakers don't work as rear for surround sound. GAH! Asked if they might compensate, got a promise. Now they are backpedaling telling me the SoundTouch 10's can be hooked up using wires... But their next email they say "we don't recommend this". Horrid, insulting email responses, almost comical.

All I can say is they are arrogant because they think they are that good. The only company I think is "that" good, and has been superior in every way possible is Apple. Their products have lasted me for years... Alas, that's a whole other topic. Bottom line... Bose customer services SUCKS BIG TIME! Too bad I have to even give one star. :(

I lost my plug for my Bose and had to call their customer service dept. to order the part. I honestly was a bit annoyed that I couldn't just order this small part via the website. It would have saved so much time and higher efficiency. This is when it became an ordeal. Unfortunately, it seems that Bose has outsourced the customer service centers. The rep I spoke with was from another country and you could tell that it was a challenge for him to understand me. I had to create a profile which included my name, address, and phone number. This took a longer time than usual due to the language barrier.

I also didn't understand the added value. I only contacted them for a simple cord; why did they need this information? It took the rep an hour to take my order. Once I received the cord it was wrong. They had sent me the right cord, but the actual part that plugs into the wall was for the UK. I live in the US, so there is no way that cord could work. I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor, who immediately rectified the situation, and said that I should receive the correct cord soon. When I didn't receive the cord after about a week or more, I tried to track it with the information provided in confirmation email, but it didn't work, so I contacted Bose again.

This time I spoke to a rep and they told me that the package is about to be shipped and that its at wherever they ship it from. I asked why I couldn't track it. He said that I wasn't able to do that at the moment, but will be able to in the future. He told me that my package was set to arrive in a few days. The days went by and after a week or more again I still hadn't revived the cord. I was extremely frustrated and annoyed by Bose. They are a million (probably billion) dollar corporation and their customer service is terrible.

When I called again the guy told me that my cord had not been shipped because they were waiting for me to return the wrong one that they had sent me. This was the first time this was communicated to me. I had spoke to two reps in the past and one was a supervisor, and neither of them mention that. I requested to speak with another supervisor. The rep put me on hold for about 15 minutes. I hang up and called back little later. This time I spoke with a supervisor, and he said that I didn't have to return the other cord to get the new cord. Its as if you get a different story every time you speak with someone new at Bose. He stated he would provide me with a new cord and that its supposedly on the way.

This company has horrible customer service that needs training. They are not familiar with the products, policies, and have poor communication. I received wrong information on several occasions. This entire ordeal could have been prevented if Bose allowed you to order parts to their items online. I am still waiting for a cord that I ordered over a month ago, and I am not confident it will be the right one, or if it will even come. Unsatisfied Customer.

After looking through the Bose manual (had to print my own) multiple times, I still could not figure out a setting. Called customer service with what should have been a simple question and answer. Spent 10 minutes with a non-english speaking service rep with an undecipherable accent giving her my contact info over and over while taking my system apart to look for a tiny, tiny serial number. I have perfect close range eye sight and could not read it! The communication with this non english speaking service rep was so poor that I had to hand the phone off to my husband to finish the call. I had completely lost patience. Get your act together Bose! You are major brand of music systems! I will not be purchasing this product in the future. Terrible support!!!

Their customer service is terrible and the assistant manager, Eli **, is very rude and condescending. Check out Bose customer service review and complaint online. They are rated ONE star at multiple sites and over 150 complaints reported at https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/bose.html. I would never go back to this store. As soon as Eli ** finds out I don't need to buy anything, he became very rude. He obviously works for a commission or the company puts a lot of pressure on him to sell products, even to people who do not wish to buy. So they can't waste a second to talk to people who are exchanging, returning or just checking out the products there.

My suggestion is that the company's sales department and local sales supervisors pay more attention to online reviews about Bose store's customer service and complaints and try to improve it. Bose products get 3-4 stars reviews because of the quality. But their customer service and salesman's attitude are terrible at local stores. This is what happened to me.

After checking out a couple different headphones with a salesman at Irvine Spectrum store, I clearly told him I'm buying an on-ear wireless headphone by pointing at it. He picked up one from the shelf, scanned the bar code, put it into a bag, and I paid for it at $250. When I got home and look at it, it was a wrong headphone! I got frustrated getting a wrong one after 30 min drive and paying a toll, but I thought everyone makes a mistake. Then I had to go back to exchange it by driving for 30 min and paying the toll again because the inexperienced salesman picked up a wrong one from the shelf.

When I returned to the store, the same salesman wasn't there, so I started explaining about my situation to Eli **, the assistant manager. An unbelievable thing happened! He didn't believe me and selfishly thought I wasn't happy about the product and came back to get money back. He arrogantly told me, "You have only two choices, exchange it or just get money back (and go)!" I know that I have the choices but he didn't apologize and didn't feel sorry about what happened to me. I complained to him again, "Your inexperienced salesman sold me a wrong headphone and I had to come back here again." He became very rude to me. I first wanted to exchange it to a right one but after listening to him, I didn't feel like buying anything at this store and decided to get refund. What's worse is that he said to me "If you don't get out the store, I'll call the security."

An unbelievably rude guy, isn't he? I realized Eli **, the assistant manager at Irvine Spectrum store, is not the right person to speak to. Whoever managing this place, he needs to change his attitude to customers or Bose will lose more sales. After this experience, I was very disappointed, felt insulted, and didn't want to go back there anymore. Goodbye Bose. You lost another customer.

I ordered the SoundSport wireless headphones and right when the warehouses had a problem with the headphones so a suspected one month wait. Did Bose put a one month wait time on their site? No so I expected it within 6 days and of course that didn't happen. A month later I get a confirmation for delivery and now 9 days from the confirmation with no headphones.

Bought a Bose TV Videowave entertainment system in Nov. 2012. Never again, less than four year and $4K dollars later the video is dead (LED lights are out) and while the audio is still amazing, Bose CS tells me they don't service this product anymore. The support is nonexistent, and I am told I may as well put the TV on the curb because Bose won't service or repair it. Lesson learned, Bose doesn't stand by their products or their customers! While they make great audio equipment, they are not the only game in town. This company's customer service department doesn't care about too many of their customers.

Had to return a pair of SoundSport in-ear headphones which were defective and broke after 8 months of use. During the exchange process, Bose shut down their Canadian warehouse (August 2016), which has resulted in over a 1-month delay on receiving the replacement headphones. The customer service team has provided numerous incorrect shipment dates, and given me the complete runaround without any resolution. I was initially informed I would receive the replacement headphones within 10 business days of returning the defective pair. This date was grossly incorrect. Wait times to get through to the customer service phone number have been between 30 minutes to 1 hour. Supervisors are unable to provide any assistance or an anticipated delivery date. Buy your headphones elsewhere.

Received them as a gift less than a year ago. The QC20 quite head phone broke at where it is joined in the left ear. Called Bose 3 times, twice hung up on after the girl said she would replace at no charge. Finally got thru and was told based on the serial # they were out of warranty. They asked me to get a receipt from the person who I got the gift from - HOW RIDICULOUS A REQUEST.

Also said I had to return broken ones and pay them $189 dollars to replace. When asked why they needed the broken ones back, could not answer. What's going on is Bose repairs what they get back and resell probably for new. The supervisor told me they destroy the product - how untrue. Why would they need them back if they destroy the product??? This is a profit center for them and Bose treats its customers like a retail store. They sell recycled product back to the customer as new and make lots of $$$ doing this every day. Also seems their product is designed to break since their customer service lines are always busy. I will never buy Bose product again and I suggest you do the same.

I have a QC2 headphones, bought about 5 years back. Always in its case, used only on international flights (1-2 times a year). So very lightly used. Last week, I took it out while on a long flight and discovered that the right swivel part completely shattered near the joint. I put up with the inconvenience during the flight, making a mental note to get it fixed as soon as I got back home. A very unpleasant surprise awaited me as soon as I called Bose. The technician who spoke to me, mentioned that they can neither supply the part (which I could replace) nor get it fixed for me. Surprised, I called for the supervisor, who condescendingly offered to sell me the latter model, which I had to refuse.

This Bose headphone was good and the electronics still works; however, I notice that the plastic parts are very light, brittle with very little life. If you plan to put down about $300 for a pair of headphones, you should expect better quality and life from these. Unfortunately based on the quality of the product and the lack of service, this will be the last product I buy from Bose.

I bought a Bose Lifestyle 50 a few years back. The wireless controller just broke on it. Turns out my entire Bose system now needs to be replaced, even the speakers are not reusable! The old speakers don't work with the new Bose systems. Bose did not provide a migration path for their old customers to their new product line. Oh, they did, sorry, the migration path is to buy a completely new system when any component in the old system breaks. If your fuel pump goes out on your car, do you have to buy a whole new car? If Bose built the car, then the answer would be yes. Don't buy from this company. They are trying to take your money for a lifetime.

Placed order on May 15th through Bose website, item was only received on July 6th. During the two months, company did not respond to either phone nor email. Customer support phone line claims busy for hours, in reality has not worked once for weeks. Only after 6 email queries and receiving product, I received an email response on July 7th saying item had already shipped. Extremely poor customer experience. Would advise against any purchase.

I went to buy Bose in-ear headphones which are currently on promotion. Usually its cost is $129.99. Now they are coming for $99.99. That's why I wanted to buy. They don't have stock at all. I don't know why they put on promotion for which they don't have stock. May they wanted to buy some other things. I tried online too. Not available. I went to the store for buying but no stock. It happened lot of times before too. They put promotion for items which they don't have stock. I suggest not to go directly to the store. Before that just give them a call so that you don't waste your time and money.

Ordered a replacement cable for a pair of headphones. Four weeks later, still waiting for a tracking number. Four pinged Customer Service four times and received one response, something to the effect of "we'll ship them when they get to us." The Bose (.ca) website is unusable, with circular links and contact us links taking me to unpredictable places. This is just the second time I've purchased a Bose product, because I've thought the quality was worth it. Then one of my purchases had to be repaired. Twice. The customer service of this company drops the whole experience WAY WAY down. I will not consider a Bose product ever again. There are far too many products with superior quality, value, AND especially Customer Service (it IS SO easy to surpass Bose customer service.) But it's too late for MY wallet - I won't be back.

Took 3 weeks to mail simple headphones. Sent to wrong address somehow??? On hold for an hour to fix. Contested with CC company to finally get money back. Products seem fine but beware. Never order direct! PS: Eventually they showed up so I got them for FREE. You should do this to... screw them.

I purchased 2 headsets from Bose. Quality of sound is great. But the ear pieces and head cushion deteriorate and disintegrate leaving black specks on your head (I'm bald) and your ears that look unsightly. I feel this is built in as they have been aware of this for years. They wanted $139 for a replacement headset. I talked them down to $50 but with S&H and Tax it came out to $63.18. So every couple of years they make $$$ off of their defective products. Kind of like HP printers and their HIGH cost inks. I have recommended this product to 4 other people and regret it. I will not be recommending this product to anyone else and will tell them why. This is the second time I have had to replace my headset for a cost of over $100. They are very well aware of the poor quality ear pieces. But laughing all the way to the bank with my dollars.

They are horrible!! I ordered the Bose QC2 headset ear cushion replacement via Bose.com. They sent home some cabling kit! Strike one! Emailed them right away and let them know they have screwed up my shipment - Got email replied stated that someone will contact me from Bose Customer service. It has been 3 days, got no email or call from them. Strike two! Called the 1-800-999-2673 and waited for over 1 hour (W/ annoying music in the background!). No one picked up the call. Strike three! I have purchased many Bose products in the past but have never known how horrible their customer services or shipping department until now! A big disappointment!! Well, no more Bose. I now will buy from others!

I purchased this system for my computer about six years ago. I was quite happy with sound quality. I have had a recurring problem with the connection/plug interface wearing out. It was replaced two years ago through customer service. It has already worn out again. So, I've been trying to reach customer service through e-mail and phone. This has been over a week to no avail. I have been a longtime fan of Bose - no more. When an organization becomes so disengaged that a longtime customer can't find relief, it is time to move on.

After purchasing a SoundLink speaker online I tried to reach customer service for several days with a question about the delivery. Calling at different times during the work day, I was put on hold for up to 45 minutes before giving up each time. I finally emailed the question this morning and will see if I get a response "within 72 hours" as promised. In this age, a customer should not have to wait 3 days to get a simple question answered about an order. Very poor customer service.

Being a Bose client for many years now and believing in the quality of its products and services, I bought recently a Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphone in the US. After a few months, the noise cancelling stop working and after that the right phone stopped working also. I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and for my disappointment with the brand, there is no support for Bose products here. I tried four times to fix the headphone with locals’ technical assistance but they simply couldn't fix it. I would like to have a response from BOSE and know if you could send me a new headphone considering all my disappointment with the product I purchased.

Bose L1 1S system - I have had two units in the past two weeks. The first unit red light on, power unit from the box was on and did not work. The second power unit smoked. What garbage.

Bose Company Profile