2.8/5 (590 ratings)

About Bose

Bose Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

While Bose products are great, customer service is the opposite. I thought ordering direct from Bose would make things easier - WRONG. DO NOT BUY DIRECT FROM BOSE. Ordered a headset direct from Bose, it turned out to not be in stock, which was not apparent during ordering process. Other retailers had it in stock at the same price and ready to ship. After no order updates from Bose for over a week, I called to check on the status. Customer service is outsourced to an overseas call center. I was transferred around and no one could tell me when the headset would ship, so I cancelled the order by phone and was told I would not be charged.

I placed an order for the same Bose headset from another online retailer and had the headset in my hands the very next day, with free shipping. Then a headset arrives from Bose (which I am of course billed for), despite having cancelled the order several days prior. I went online to process a return and was given a return order number and a message saying I would receive a prepaid shipping label by email from UPS. A full day later, still no return shipping label or email. I had to call Bose again, get routed through transfers to finally get the return label. Still love the products, but will never order direct from Bose again. Hope I never need to process a warranty claim. Let's hope the rest of the return process works and I get my money back...tbd.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I bought this about 2 months ago, and it took an inordinately long time to arrive. Upon receiving it, I noticed that it wasn't showing up when I did Bluetooth discovery on my phone. After researching how to connect it to Bluetooth, I tried again to no avail. I then contacted Bose to help me with troubleshooting. Bose then informed me that the device does not have integrated Bluetooth technology, and that I'd need to purchase their Wave Soundtouch ($390 to $510 +tax), or Wave Bluetooth adapter ($250.00 + tax). Yes you heard that right people! It will cost you a minimum of $420.00 on top of the $500.00 you probably just paid for your wave to play the music you want to hear!

As if ALL OFF THAT ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, THEY DON'T EVEN SELL THESE PRODUCTS ANYMORE!!! The representative told me to go to Amazon or eBay to find one, and that it should be fairly inexpensive. When I research and found the items at the prices I just quoted you, he said "I'm sorry ma'am Bose doesn't control the prices of 3rd party Vendors". Maybe you could try buying our Bluetooth Soundbar, because this (Wave 4) is really just for old people who want to still listen to their CDs.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Battery on my Bose 700 Headphones won’t take a charge. Have only been used maybe 30 times, kept in the case in my nightstand. The battery is obviously defective but because they are out of warranty Bose won’t replace. Because I had a battery issue with my Bose Earbuds too, I thought I should leave a review.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Quiet comfort earbuds. Only 1 year old. Were faulty and could not be repaired. Bose would not replace as I did not have the original invoice although the serial number on this product provides them with the exact manufacture date. Poor Services, Poor Products, and Don't Honour Warranties. Very Disappointing from a company like this. Never Again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I loved my NC700 headphones. LOVED. But after about a year and a half of owning my product, it now won't work. The charging case does not hold any battery. One day it just stopped working. I've tried to get a hold of customer service, just to be told that no assistance can be offered for my product (no reason why). These headphones are too expensive to last less than 2 years. They just last a little beyond the warranty, so you have to buy a new pair and have no way to fix them. Bose used to have quality products. My old old headphones lasted over 6 years. Now, it seems their products aren't lasting beyond 1 to 2 years. I'm really upset that the quality has deteriorated to this... I've been a long time buyer of Bose, but not anymore. Their products no longer last.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I will never buy another Bose brand for anything ever again. The last 3 items I purchased have either been defective out the gate or stopped working correctly within a year. This company used to be top notch, unfortunately they are now one of the worst brands that exists, and ironically are priced sky high as if they sell quality. Stay away, this company needs to go under or get restructured to bring back quality. Such a rip off.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Sent my Bose wave in to get fixed, wouldn't recognize CDs. I sent them everything in the original Bose box. Got back the wave, no remote, no cable to plug into wall and no antenna for the radio, my RMA is SO61113010, serial number 070214973371207AE. I sent them a complete system. They sent back just the radio in a brown box, nothing else. They all must be idiots, that's the only way I could explain it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

10/2022 I purchased a Bose Quietcomfort ll from the Bose site and waited several days for delivery. Finally, I received the earbuds and found the unit serial number did not match the serial number from the box. However, the box serial number matched the Bose site for my order history. So I called Bose support. Be prepared to wait a long time to receive support. Help and I agreed that something was wrong. Maybe a switched pair of earbuds were put into the new box. They processed an exchange to correct the situation. I paid for the shipping package, it originally shipped in a plastic bag, and UPS charged me for a new plastic bag. Again, I waited for the earbuds to arrive, only to find this earbud serial number and box serial number did not match.

Additionally, the new earbuds would not pair. I tried using the Bose FAQ site multiple times over the weekend to no avail. Monday, I called Bose support, again waiting an extended period for help, to learn they would exchange the unit and send a new one or refund my money. When I opted for a refund, they said the refund would be processed after the return was received and checked, and then another ten days to process the refund. All told, I do not have a pair of earbuds. I drove to the UPS store twice and paid for two plastic shipping bags. When I informed the supervising support manager, she said that is how it is! I will never purchase anything from Bose and hope my experience helps others from being taken by such a disreputable company as Bose.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

I have been sending email awhile now. No response. Finally got ahold of customer service on my Q35 due to battery issues not charging then charging then discharging. A lot of issues. They want to charge me 199.00 to fix or replace them. Wow. How they stand behind their product. It’s just a JOKE overall.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Bought a Bose 900 Soundbar in September 2021. It has never worked properly. Turn the tv on no sound and other times it's static sound. Sometimes the tv turns off. I had Best Buy out 5 times and they couldn’t fix it. Sent the product to Bose repair. It was tested and couldn’t find anything wrong. I called customer support three times in two days and went through detailed set ups twice with the same results. I called today, 9/28 and the agent wanted to use an optical cable. Three different approaches. It has been off more than it has been on. I know Bose has a 90 day policy but you think they would offer a credit to purchase another Bose product, refund, or send an authorized repairman out. I have video of no sound and the static sound.

Bose Company Information