Bose

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On March 20th, I purchased a BOSE QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones - Serial # 072546Z63483436AE at the FNAC Roissy Shop. I used it on a flight between Paris and Dubai on April 22nd. Connecting the On Board video system, the connection cable got trapped in the table hinges. By pulling it, it started to unraveled and ended into a shredded jumble of multicolour cables, sheath etc... Therefore, UNUSABLE. Now in UAE, I ended buying a cable at the MIRDIF City Centre Bose shop for AED 149.00. Doing a quick check online, I then observed incredulously that I'd been "cheated" as the suggested Retail price is showing at AED 39.00! Is that common practice? Not happy enough to sell expensive equipment, you are allowing abusive price practices.

I have to say that it's the first time that I experience such a sort of troubles with your brand. As a family we have 2 WAVE Systems, 3 pairs of headphones and 2 wireless speakers. What's happening? I do not recognise the brand I've been loyal to since 17 years! Ending with a strapped cable and an overpriced replacement is just not acceptable. I'm so gutted that I'm really considering selling all my BOSE stuff on eBay and replace it with JBL or B&O! Any explanation to what happened to be will be strongly welcome.

I had purchased the Bose L1 Model II with B2 Bass and T1 Tone Match Engine from Bose.ca on March 27, 2017. The email confirmation indicated that the product will be delivered in 4-8 business days. One week later I was unable to track the shipment and contacted Bose's customer service. They informed over the phone that the order was rejected since the shipping and billing information did not match, however, Bose did not bother contacting me or sending any notification regarding order cancellation. I inquired as to why their website does not prevent clients from entering a different shipping and billing address if the order would get rejected. Bose's incompetent customer service agents were not capable of answering or addressing any of my concerns. It seems as if they memorised only a few basic responses in English which they keep repeating.

On April 4, 2017 I placed the same order over the phone, where a customer service representative confirmed that there would be no further issues regarding the order since they are manually entering all the information and would be able to accommodate different shipping and billing address. I was sent another order confirmation 48 hours later (had to call 3 times to receive the order confirmation). April 18, 2017 still unable to track the shipping; upon contacting customer service I was informed that they are unable to verify my order because of a different shipping and billing address. Call was transferred after 15-20 minutes of waiting time to a supervisor, who assured that she will investigate and get back to me by the end of the day, I informed her either to ship the items in 7 days to the billing address since they are malfunctioning with different shipping/billing address or I would cancel the order.

April 19, 2017 I was called and informed that they are still unable to process the order so finally I ended up cancelling the order. Over 3000 dollars is still being charged on my credit card so I am unable to purchase a different sound system online until they release the fund. I just wasted over 3 weeks and numerous phone calls with the most incompetent and imbecile customer service I had ever dealt with. If this experience is a reflection of Bose's product then I am glad that I didn't end up wasting my money on some garbage.

Purchased SoundSport Wireless Headphone for $149 + tax in November 2016. In March 2017, the clothing clip (which is made cheaply) split in half. On 3/13/17, I called Bose's product support phone number (1-800-611-1715), which is a call center located in Manila, Philippines. (The English of all the first-line call reps that I spoke to was not strong at all and hold times were extensive. The hold time for a supervisor was even longer. Shortest phone call was estimated about 30 mins.) The requested clip was supposed to arrive within 10 days and it did not. On 3/23/17, I called again (same pain as above with wait time and broken English) and told that the clip was not sent because of a supply shortage on the black clips that would not be restocked until April 4. A Navy clothing clip was supposed to arrive in expedited mail within 5 days and it did not.

On 4/5/17, I called again (same pain as above with wait time and broken English) and asked immediately to talk to a supervisor. Eventually, request was granted. I was told that the black clips were back-ordered and would not be available until 4/21. I was promised a gray clip from another headphone model (?) in expedited mail within 5 days (I'm not hopeful).

As a result, I asked to be transferred to the US Call Center in hopes of getting attention from 2 different areas and receiving a new contact number. I was told the Call Center was closed (at 1:20pm EST on a Wed) and to call the Manila call center back in a couple of hours. They could not provide a direct line but had to handle the call via extension transfer. I am becoming convinced that Bose does not remotely cares about customer service (for ex... sorry Manila Philippines call center). In 5 days, I'm heading to my local Bose dealer to just return the product and buy quality earphones from another manufacturer. BUYER BEWARE!!!

We purchased the Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones as a gift. They cost $199 plus tax and after less than a month of use, they stopped working. We contacted Bose Customer Service on January 28th, 2017. After almost 3 weeks of back and forth with incorrect information supplied by one of the Bose customer service reps, they asked that we send back the product so they could release a replacement set which was ready to be shipped. We did just that and they confirmed receipt as of Feb. 21, 2017 at which time they were supposed to ship the new earphones to us.

After emailing them a few times, they said they could not send out replacements. The excuses range from out of stock to an error in the file. The latest correspondence has been that they needed to wait for availability of the product but promised them by early March. I checked back in with them on March 17th and on the 21st they replied that there was an error in the order but they rectified it and I would hear back within 2-3 business days.

I then contacted them again on March 24th and today, March 27th they said that my "backorder wasn't able to be accommodated in this batch". This is NOT a backorder but a replacement for a defective product that didn't even work for 1 month. They are now claiming the replacement product will not be ready until NEXT month... that means we will not receive the product until late April if they actually even send them. We had the product for less than a month and we are entering the 3rd month of NOT having them. Totally unacceptable for a supposedly high-end audio brand.

If I could rate Bose Support Center less than a 1, I would. I contacted Bose Support Center when we had our service changed from Verizon to Comcast. I was literally on the phone with a rep for over 4 hours. Prior to the phone call we had a picture on our TV. After about 3 hours of troubleshooting we lost our picture. I've tried several times to contact their support center just to be transferred from tech to tech. I am now having a company come to my house, which will cost me $200.00 to correct the problem because apparently no one can figure it out on the Bose side. I will never purchase another Bose system again. We've had this system for approximately 1 1/2 years and have had nothing but problems with it. Worst purchase we've ever made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

I have taken excellent care of my Bose Soundsport Wired headphones. Though during the past two years I have had to exercise my warranty - twice. I just want my money back at this point so I can switch to a different brand - or receive store credit to buy more substantial headphones from them. Unfortunately they are sending me another pair of their ** headphones... I look forward to calling Bose again next year/s.

I bought Bose earphone from my local Verizon store a little less than 2 years ago. Paid $108.75 for them and I hesitate because of the price as they looked like simple earphones the same as my 6 year old has. A little more than 1 year passed by after I purchased them and hardly used them the rubber plastic casing started to come off like a banana peel. Unfortunately, I work my ass off and never had the chance to call and complain. Today I remembered, and when I called the tech person he said the warranty expired and the best he can do is have me pay $70 for a new one and return the crappy one I have. I went on to argue that is not why I called! I think paying such a high amount of money for earphones that after one year look like they have been used for 50 years is outrageous.

I was expecting much more gratitude from Bose, after all I have several of their entertainment speakers around the house. The tech person should have said "We will change it for free", instead he said the best he can do is $50. I told him my 6 year old headphones that I bought him for $20 still look like new while these Bose headphones look like garbage and you expect me to pay more money after I paid $108 for this garbage??? Some things are not only about the money, if Bose hold themselves to be the Rolls-Royce of speakers, then they should hold a higher standard for their product and customers who pay top dollar. For being this cheap, Bose just lost me as a customer and all my friends whom will hear about this outcome.

Trying to buy a set of $350 headphones could not be more difficult. I tried to order online where they don't accept THEIR OWN GIFT CARDS!!! So I call their order line and they say I can't order the color I want except online. Then I call their stores who don't even know the color exists. How is this possible that it's so hard to order a pair of headphones? Garbage customer support.

I am a music lover. As a gift to myself, I thought buying this expensive product will be worthy. It's a nice product, But the wire always get loose in Headset. And it's very frustrating that every time I need to wear it, I need to fix and toggle the connection. I reported this issue from their distributor and they changed it, But the issue still the same. So, I ended up still using this one only for Noise Canceling and not for Listening Music.

Bose Mini Sound Link - This is without a doubt the most disappointing electronics purchase I have *ever* made. I bought this from Costco for $170. After I had paired it a few times successfully with my Mac, I discarded the box (reading recently The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, just wish I'd realized I'd be having nonstop issues with this thing, I would not have tossed the box). So I am out of luck as far as getting help or a refund or anything. Incessant problems. It will not connect to my iMac at all. Not ever. Not even with the AUX cord. I did get it connected to my MBA a few times and the phone a few times.

Over the holidays, my son told me, in a laughing sort of way (as though I'm an adorable little old lady who doesn't understand Bluetooth) to get out of the way while he connected the Bluetooth to my iMac. No go. Even he had to give up after a good and frustrating experience. It will not connect. Recently, as in beginning last night which was the first time trying to use it since Christmas, I could not get it to turn on. Then I got the orange light. Tried to connect to the MBA (knowing it will not connect to the iMac at all). No go. Will not connect via Bluetooth. Reset it multiple times. Tried plugging it in with the AC adapter. Round and round and round we go.

Finally found some troubleshooting online about updating firmware. Wasted about an hour tonight trying to do that, only to find out -- via online forums NOT the Bose site itself, that if the lights just blink continually, it means there is no update needed. Okay, so I disconnected the USB from the MacBook, and the lights are still blinking on and off in white (the AUX light and one other), while the power button just stays lit green. This thing has taken hours, and I am not exaggerating, of my life, trying to connect. Trying to turn it on. Trying to turn if OFF after spending a few hours trying to get it on (who wants to go through that again after giving up on the bluetooth problems).

I'm still left with a piece of equipment that will not work, in any way shape or form. If it's not the power, then it's the bluetooth connectivity. Removing it from my devices to try to reconnect does not work, but then again, if it won't stop blinking white lights on and off, why would it connect via bluetooth? It's still trying to tell me that it does not need an update. After using the Bose site two nights ago, their system prompted me to take a survey. Did I get what I was looking for on their site? My answer: NO. In the comments section, I let them know what was going on, and left my email address "if you care to help me out." I have not heard one thing from them.

I will never buy a Bose product again. They have a major bug in this piece of equipment and there is nothing that adequately addresses the issues online. There is even a YouTube video of a young man insisting you have to get a special screwdriver to remove the battery! Uh, no. I'm not doing that. Terrible. It's not like this is a $25 speaker either. This is Bose, and they command nice prices due to their reputation. Allow me to warn you, don't buy a Bose speaker. You can do much better with another product. I'd like to add that I am incredibly frustrated, and that I have indeed spent hours with this thing. I have to stop now, because of what Einstein stated: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, hoping to get a different result." The result is always the same: no sound. JUNK.

I was one of the first to purchase the new 650 lifestyle system in October. It was $4000.00 but being a fan of Bose and having a 18 year old Acoustimass that was awesome and never had an issue I was excited to upgrade. So the day it was delivered I hooked everything up and found the wireless bass module had no sound output. I looked at the light on the unit and found it blinking steady amber. I tried several times to reset up the system and it would not work. I called Bose support and they determined it was a firmware issue and said that in the sometime in January there was going to be a software update that would fix this problem. They said sorry it doesn't work but it will be fixed eventually. They said try a 3.5mm cable to hardwire the module that should get it working until the firmware.

I tried the cable ad it didn't help then I was told I must be using the wrong kind so they would send me out a Bose cable. I said it's not going to make a difference this cable is from apple for me iPhone it works fine. I was told well it must not be a good cable. I was basically told I must not know the correct cable. I was pretty upset this system was not working but my hands were tied. I immediately called the Bose factory outlet store and explained the problem and was told to bring the whole system in for an exchange no problem. So day 1 unassemble the unit and the wiring and speakers and drive 1.5 hours to exchange it. I get home and hook the new system up. It worked and I called the Bose store to thank them.

The next day I went to turn the unit on to watch tv and there was no bass. I looked at the bass module and it had a white light meaning it was on and working but no bass. I called Bose support and the first thing the support tech asked was how I knew there was no sound coming from it. I was insulted for one thing so I said hmmmm let me crank this up full volume real sarcastic. I said well that didn't work still no bass sound. Then I was told well you may not have the bass intensity high enough. I was at this point getting mad and I told the tech there is no sound coming out of it. Why on gods earth would I be call you and waste your time? So at that point she said let's try resetting it which meant pulling the power cord out and re plugging it in. It worked. She said well it must of had a boot up problem so its resolved.

The very next day there was no bass sound when I powered it on. I searched the Bose community site and found dozens of complaints with this bass module. I called Bose support and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me they were not aware of any bass module problems and when I said on their Boss site there are dozens of people that are having the same problem she said sir if there were problems we would be aware of it. So again I was asked how I determined there was no bass sound and did I have enough bass intensity? So I told her that no it was producing sound and told her if I unplug it and plug it back in it will work. So she had me do it and it had sound. She said let's do troubleshooting.

She had me do a system reset and when it rebooted the Lifestyle unit it would not advance off the setup menu. The remote was useless. I was told well that indicated a bad unit. We will send you a out a new unit once I returned this. The procedure took about 10 to 15 days after we get yours back we will send one out. I could not believe what I just heard. I said how about you send out the replacement and I'll box this one up in the box the new one comes in and I'll return it to you which she said we do not do that sir. So she said I'll send an email for the ups return label and that was it. So now I have no sound system and my tv is useless unless I tear my cabinet apart and unhook everything.

I called Bose outlet store and told them what happened since they are the only Bose representatives that care and are knowledgeable and the manager said oh that’s simple to fix just hard reset your remote. I'll tell you how and as simple as that a literal 20 seconds later my Bose system was up and running. The bass module was still acting up and all I do is unplug it and plug it back to get it working but at least I could use my tv. I kept reading the Bose community site posting and reached out to them about my system and there is a tech on there that said Bose is aware of the problem and it's tied in with interference problems. They said to change some router settings on my Fios wifi router and see if that helps. I did the setting changes and it helped it so every 2 or three days it has no sound on power up.

Then in mid December there was a firmware update that helped even more. This now will malfunction even less now. Maybe 4 to 6 days before it acts up. I called the Bose outlet store and told them what was going on and they said they had owners experiencing my same problem and Bose was working on a new firmware update sometime mid to late January to fix this. I reached out to the Bose community site and the tech emailed me and said they had new bass modules that had this new firmware update and said it will finally fix your problem so he sent me one out. The day the module arrived I plugged it in and it acted strange. This powered on with sound and then the indicator light would turn yellow and no sound then turn white and work about 30 second and do it all over again and then it shut off. No light and no sound. I unplugged it to reset and it shut off immediately and would no stay on no matter what I did.

I called Bose support and told them what was going on and was told that's impossible and that only pissed me off more. They made me try a bunch of things include using the hard wire they had sent me way back when to try to eliminate the wireless feature and also eliminate the interference issue but it did not help. Then they said well it's got to be interface so they had me move it to other locations and it did not help. They said well it must be a defective unit please return and I'm ordering a replacement one right now. I think what makes me really mad is on their community boards they have been sending out hardwires and making people do basically the same stuff and are not able to fix it at this point. I reached out to the tech on the Bose community site and told him what happened.

I called Bose support Friday to check on my order status since I had received it or gotten a notice of an order. I was told by support it was not ordered and that they were waiting for me to not only return the new unit they had sent out which I did return but they also wanted my unit that I had to be returned first but they would make special consideration and send me out a new unit without first returning to the existing one. The tech from Bose community sent me and email and thanked me for updating him and also found the unit Bose was sending out was an old unit and not the updated firmware unit so he changed the order. He also made the comment that once it’s hardwired it eliminates all interference issues so he thinks it could be a defective lifestyle unit.

So at this point I'm waiting on a 4th replacement module that may or may not resolve the problem and I have had this since day 1 out of the box and it's not resolved. They tell me it's interference issues that a hard wire cable will fix it which doing this did not help so interference is out the window. I think either they need replace the entire unit one last time with a proven working bench tested unit or they send out a field technician with a replacement unit and fix this once and for all. I spent $4000.00 and it's not worked since day one.

There is something going on very wrong here and they need to read their own community boards. The issues seems to be related with this bass module. It's used in multiple Bose sound systems they sell and it malfunctions the same way no matter what system that is using it. I'm as a loss here. I know if it's a brand new car and once you throw parts at it three times and it does not fix it I believe it's a lemon and gets bought back. I want this fixed plain and simple.

I never write reviews but I feel compelled to. Bose UK hands down offer the best customer support I've had the pleasure to experience in recent times. I run a business and so I deal with lots of big corporations and not many even come close. I love their speakers, I love their headphones and I especially love dealing with a company that actually respects my custom. Bravo.

I recently purchased the New Bose Lifestyle 650 system and after many hours on the phone with tech support, to try and resolve the problem with the up and down buttons on the remote not working on a consistent basis. I still have not gotten the problem resolved even after many hours on the phone with Bose. I would hesitate in buying this system until they get this problem. I have had 2 other Bose systems in the past and have never had a problem, but I cannot say the same for this new system. With a price tag of $5000, it seems to me, someone missed the boat on this particular item.

Ordered SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker II online, and was suppose to take 2-3 business days. Then the confirmation email said four days, but included no tracking number. On the fifth business day (excluding Saturday) I called Bose - the person reluctantly answered that she was actually in Manila (shame on Bose for outsourcing) & according to this Bose representative, the item hadn't been shipped at all. I cancelled - thank you Bose for ruining an intended gift.

I called yesterday to see why this shipment, that was in stock when I placed the order on 12/14, had not yet delivered. The customer service rep told me that it would be delivering sometime next week. I told him that this was a Christmas gift and that was not acceptable. The shipment should have already arrived based on the 3-4 day transit and 4 day maximum order processing time. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on terminal hold. I waited for 15 minutes on hold and then hung up and called back.

The next rep that I spoke with told me that you were out of stock and had a long list of backorders. The new shipment wouldn't even be arriving to your warehouse until the middle of next week. Again I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed that the information from the second rep was correct and they wouldn't have anything to ship until next week. I asked her to cancel my order and refund my money. She said that she would cancel the order and not to worry because they don't charge my credit card until the order ships. I went out and purchased a replacement gift and considered this issue closed. Awful experience, but closed.

Online store showed inventory available at time of purchase 12/14. Order confirmation didn't reflect any backorder issues. No backorder email sent when the warehouse couldn't fulfill the order. Misinformation from Customer Service. Apathetic attitude on behalf of the first CS representative. This morning I received the attached email informing me that the order has now shipped! Of course it won't make it in time for Christmas and I already purchased a replacement gift. This is only adding additional work for me to now have to return the item and track the receipt by Bose and track my credit.

I am truly disappointed in this Bose experience. Over the years I have purchased multiple Bose products and always felt that your company provided the best in customer experience and product satisfaction. I have no idea what has happened to your customer service reps, web services, and supervisor follow through to resolve and properly close an issue. Out of curiosity, I searched the web to see if anyone else had any problems with Bose customer service. Lo and behold, Bose has the lowest possible rating on Consumer Affairs and the issues indicated are identical to what I just experienced. Bose you better get your act together or your reputation may be irreparably damaged.

I called and ordered a Bose under our company policy and paid for expedited shipping for a holiday gift in order to receive it within 1 business day. I sat on hold for over an hour each time I have called their customer service line. Three business days later, I have not received an email confirmation or receipt of the order or tracking information. I called Bose who said the ordered has been processed but the shipping label has just been created. After confirming the order number and tracking information online, I was told I would receive an email but still have yet to receive it. Bose customer service was not remotely apologetic and did not attempt at all to rectify the situation.

In order to get a refund on the expedited shipping, I have to call Bose back after I have received the product and sit on hold. I rather pay them money not to speak with their incompetent customer service. Now the product will arrive days after I was guaranteed its arrival, after the holidays and Christmas. I am incredibly disappointed by their service and demeanor while on the phone and had I read reviews prior on Consumer Affairs would have chosen a different product. I will no longer support this company.

Whilst I purchased the QC35 headphones I'm disappointed that I cannot use them through my Wave Sound Touch system. I would of reasonably expected to link them up wireless and not through my Laptop. I called Bose Customer Support. I asked the question who then took advice from the Technical support. Customer experience was good and I would of reasonably expected to see on the outer carton the wording. This is not compatible to our BOSE Music System whilst the Customer service gentleman was using a great deal of empathy. I was not the only customer who had the same issue.

Just reading through the other reviews I should be feeling 'welcome to the Bose customer service abuse group'. However, I feel this is just absolutely pathetic for a company for one of the best sound systems in the world to have the world's worst customer service. Basically the customer service is 'outsourced' and there is no 'correlation' to their services to what is happening on the ground in US. I was sent an order that I had canceled within a hour of placing the order (and also after speaking with someone to confirm it was canceled). Then I was put through the inconvenience of sending the package back to get my $$ credited back for the stuff I did not want and was sent because they made a mistake! Did I hear someone apologize even once? Not really.

Fast forwards after a month - no one knows where the package is, no one knows my UPS tracking number and as for the $$ that was taken out of my account - not coming back anytime soon. This is only the beginning of my venting of how terrible this service, I will not rest in peace until my money comes back into my account. And then, I'm banning Bose for life. I don't care how good they are if they don't value their customers.

Buyer beware! This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Agents are scripted, and cannot answer questions. You get placed in an endless queue waiting to speak to a supervisor. Please be warned that if you make a purchase and have any type of issue & need customer service or to return an item... you will be agonizingly placed on hold, & tossed around like a worn out sock! I will never spend another penny with this company. BTW... my return was received by them on 12/05/16 and it as of today, 12/16/16... per "Joan"... "Oh I see now we have received the item... but there is not information to provide to you yet." Really... 2 weeks?

I placed an order on December 8, 2016 for the qc15 replacement ear covers. The website said they would ship in 3-4 days. These were going to be a present for my husband. As of December 14th I had not received any notification from Bose about shipping or an update on my order. So, I called customer support and was told that they were actually out of stock but that they would be receiving a shipment the next day and she would expedite my shipping. I said thank you and hung up. On December 15th I did not receive a shipping notification. So, I again called customer support where I was told that they were out of stock and would be until the 20th. But that my item would most likely ship on the 20th. I informed the person that that would not work for me since my husband and I were going home to visit my family for the holidays and would be flying out on the 21st.

I told her what I was told the night before and she said "Sorry for the misinformation." I then asked why I was told they were in stock on the webpage when they actually weren't. I was then told, "We do not update our stock information on our website. We always encourage people to call before they order." I then asked how I was supposed to know that, and where on the website or in my email does it say for me to check availability before ordering. She told me, "it doesn't. We just encourage people to." So, honestly, I am extremely unhappy with Bose.

My husband and I have always been supporters of Bose. In fact we have convinced our entire family to become supporters of Bose but after this last experience we will no longer be supporting Bose. When the customer service people tell me my item is shipping and it isn't, and tell me that something is on the website, when it is not. And I am not informed that my item I ordered was out of stock so I can place an order with someone else. That is bad customer service and does not show that you care about your customers. I just wanted to make whoever aware of this, so hopefully, you do not screw another customer and ruin their Christmas present. Also, maybe you can work on your communication and accuracy of your stock. Thank you.

I cannot begin to describe the level of my frustration. From incompetent "managers" to those who outright lie to get out of the conversation. I ordered a gift on 12/3, with expedited 2 day delivery. By 12/5, I still had not received a confirmation of order or tracking number, so I called to inquire and was told to "be patient" and call back the following day. By 12/7, I had not heard anything, so I called and was told that the estimated delivery would be 12/14. At this point I asked to speak to a manager. "Fred" took my call and apologized and informed me that the order had not in fact even left the warehouse. He said as this was the case, he would personally make sure that the label is updated to show urgent overnight delivery and assured me that the product would arrive at my home on 12/8.

On 12/8, I get an email (finally!) confirming my order and providing me with a tracking number, which indicates 2 day ground service, with estimated delivery on 12/12. I called once again, and asked to speak to a manager. After a 45 minute hold, I was put through to "Scott" who was thrilled to tell me that I had been on hold for such a long time while he dealt with the issue, and that he had tracked down my order, and confirmed it had in fact been expedited and is on truck for delivery. He proceeded to give me a new tracking number. After I hung up, I checked the tracking number he provided me with, and I kid you not, he had given me the tracking details for another customers order. I called back immediately and was placed on a 40 minute hold until I was allowed to speak to manager "Sam" who was very apologetic and full of broken promises.

He informed me that the product had still not left the warehouse and that he would need to put me on a very brief hold while he checked in with "Scott" to see how this can be fixed. I was on hold for an hour and a half. Eventually I gave up and hung up. An hour later, I tried again, this time speaking to a lovely agent who said that instead of putting me on hold, she would find a supervisor and then call me back. After 45 minutes, she called me back to connect me, and connected me to a deadline. I am now on my 9th call and currently on hold at 38 minutes. I cannot believe a company like Bose a) has the worst trained customer service representatives I have ever dealt with and b) are not capable of honoring their delivery dates. When paying almost $400 for a set of headphones, I expect much better service. I have sent an email which has gone unanswered. I will NEVER shop with Bose again, this has truly been a horrific experience.

I had purchased a Sonos Soundbar and was about to buy rear speakers when the salesman showed me the Bose Soundbar 300 - sounded so much better! Excited, I returned the Sonos, and bought the Bose setup. I live 3 hours from the nearest Bose dealer... Again, 3 hours driving each way. I spent four evenings (I work 12 hour shifts) after work trying to set up the speaker with the SoundBar, plug in this, set this up on my phone, nope, plug in that wire, setup on my phone, nope. Bluetooth yay! Music only, not so yay. Wrote to Bose, nope, SoundTouch 10 speakers don't work as rear for surround sound. GAH! Asked if they might compensate, got a promise. Now they are backpedaling telling me the SoundTouch 10's can be hooked up using wires... But their next email they say "we don't recommend this". Horrid, insulting email responses, almost comical.

All I can say is they are arrogant because they think they are that good. The only company I think is "that" good, and has been superior in every way possible is Apple. Their products have lasted me for years... Alas, that's a whole other topic. Bottom line... Bose customer services SUCKS BIG TIME! Too bad I have to even give one star. :(

I lost my plug for my Bose and had to call their customer service dept. to order the part. I honestly was a bit annoyed that I couldn't just order this small part via the website. It would have saved so much time and higher efficiency. This is when it became an ordeal. Unfortunately, it seems that Bose has outsourced the customer service centers. The rep I spoke with was from another country and you could tell that it was a challenge for him to understand me. I had to create a profile which included my name, address, and phone number. This took a longer time than usual due to the language barrier.

I also didn't understand the added value. I only contacted them for a simple cord; why did they need this information? It took the rep an hour to take my order. Once I received the cord it was wrong. They had sent me the right cord, but the actual part that plugs into the wall was for the UK. I live in the US, so there is no way that cord could work. I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor, who immediately rectified the situation, and said that I should receive the correct cord soon. When I didn't receive the cord after about a week or more, I tried to track it with the information provided in confirmation email, but it didn't work, so I contacted Bose again.

This time I spoke to a rep and they told me that the package is about to be shipped and that its at wherever they ship it from. I asked why I couldn't track it. He said that I wasn't able to do that at the moment, but will be able to in the future. He told me that my package was set to arrive in a few days. The days went by and after a week or more again I still hadn't revived the cord. I was extremely frustrated and annoyed by Bose. They are a million (probably billion) dollar corporation and their customer service is terrible.

When I called again the guy told me that my cord had not been shipped because they were waiting for me to return the wrong one that they had sent me. This was the first time this was communicated to me. I had spoke to two reps in the past and one was a supervisor, and neither of them mention that. I requested to speak with another supervisor. The rep put me on hold for about 15 minutes. I hang up and called back little later. This time I spoke with a supervisor, and he said that I didn't have to return the other cord to get the new cord. Its as if you get a different story every time you speak with someone new at Bose. He stated he would provide me with a new cord and that its supposedly on the way.

This company has horrible customer service that needs training. They are not familiar with the products, policies, and have poor communication. I received wrong information on several occasions. This entire ordeal could have been prevented if Bose allowed you to order parts to their items online. I am still waiting for a cord that I ordered over a month ago, and I am not confident it will be the right one, or if it will even come. Unsatisfied Customer.

After looking through the Bose manual (had to print my own) multiple times, I still could not figure out a setting. Called customer service with what should have been a simple question and answer. Spent 10 minutes with a non-english speaking service rep with an undecipherable accent giving her my contact info over and over while taking my system apart to look for a tiny, tiny serial number. I have perfect close range eye sight and could not read it! The communication with this non english speaking service rep was so poor that I had to hand the phone off to my husband to finish the call. I had completely lost patience. Get your act together Bose! You are major brand of music systems! I will not be purchasing this product in the future. Terrible support!!!

Their customer service is terrible and the assistant manager, Eli **, is very rude and condescending. Check out Bose customer service review and complaint online. They are rated ONE star at multiple sites and over 150 complaints reported at https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/bose.html. I would never go back to this store. As soon as Eli ** finds out I don't need to buy anything, he became very rude. He obviously works for a commission or the company puts a lot of pressure on him to sell products, even to people who do not wish to buy. So they can't waste a second to talk to people who are exchanging, returning or just checking out the products there.

My suggestion is that the company's sales department and local sales supervisors pay more attention to online reviews about Bose store's customer service and complaints and try to improve it. Bose products get 3-4 stars reviews because of the quality. But their customer service and salesman's attitude are terrible at local stores. This is what happened to me.

After checking out a couple different headphones with a salesman at Irvine Spectrum store, I clearly told him I'm buying an on-ear wireless headphone by pointing at it. He picked up one from the shelf, scanned the bar code, put it into a bag, and I paid for it at $250. When I got home and look at it, it was a wrong headphone! I got frustrated getting a wrong one after 30 min drive and paying a toll, but I thought everyone makes a mistake. Then I had to go back to exchange it by driving for 30 min and paying the toll again because the inexperienced salesman picked up a wrong one from the shelf.

When I returned to the store, the same salesman wasn't there, so I started explaining about my situation to Eli **, the assistant manager. An unbelievable thing happened! He didn't believe me and selfishly thought I wasn't happy about the product and came back to get money back. He arrogantly told me, "You have only two choices, exchange it or just get money back (and go)!" I know that I have the choices but he didn't apologize and didn't feel sorry about what happened to me. I complained to him again, "Your inexperienced salesman sold me a wrong headphone and I had to come back here again." He became very rude to me. I first wanted to exchange it to a right one but after listening to him, I didn't feel like buying anything at this store and decided to get refund. What's worse is that he said to me "If you don't get out the store, I'll call the security."

An unbelievably rude guy, isn't he? I realized Eli **, the assistant manager at Irvine Spectrum store, is not the right person to speak to. Whoever managing this place, he needs to change his attitude to customers or Bose will lose more sales. After this experience, I was very disappointed, felt insulted, and didn't want to go back there anymore. Goodbye Bose. You lost another customer.

I ordered the SoundSport wireless headphones and right when the warehouses had a problem with the headphones so a suspected one month wait. Did Bose put a one month wait time on their site? No so I expected it within 6 days and of course that didn't happen. A month later I get a confirmation for delivery and now 9 days from the confirmation with no headphones.

Bought a Bose TV Videowave entertainment system in Nov. 2012. Never again, less than four year and $4K dollars later the video is dead (LED lights are out) and while the audio is still amazing, Bose CS tells me they don't service this product anymore. The support is nonexistent, and I am told I may as well put the TV on the curb because Bose won't service or repair it. Lesson learned, Bose doesn't stand by their products or their customers! While they make great audio equipment, they are not the only game in town. This company's customer service department doesn't care about too many of their customers.

Had to return a pair of SoundSport in-ear headphones which were defective and broke after 8 months of use. During the exchange process, Bose shut down their Canadian warehouse (August 2016), which has resulted in over a 1-month delay on receiving the replacement headphones. The customer service team has provided numerous incorrect shipment dates, and given me the complete runaround without any resolution. I was initially informed I would receive the replacement headphones within 10 business days of returning the defective pair. This date was grossly incorrect. Wait times to get through to the customer service phone number have been between 30 minutes to 1 hour. Supervisors are unable to provide any assistance or an anticipated delivery date. Buy your headphones elsewhere.

Received them as a gift less than a year ago. The QC20 quite head phone broke at where it is joined in the left ear. Called Bose 3 times, twice hung up on after the girl said she would replace at no charge. Finally got thru and was told based on the serial # they were out of warranty. They asked me to get a receipt from the person who I got the gift from - HOW RIDICULOUS A REQUEST.

Also said I had to return broken ones and pay them $189 dollars to replace. When asked why they needed the broken ones back, could not answer. What's going on is Bose repairs what they get back and resell probably for new. The supervisor told me they destroy the product - how untrue. Why would they need them back if they destroy the product??? This is a profit center for them and Bose treats its customers like a retail store. They sell recycled product back to the customer as new and make lots of $$$ doing this every day. Also seems their product is designed to break since their customer service lines are always busy. I will never buy Bose product again and I suggest you do the same.

I have a QC2 headphones, bought about 5 years back. Always in its case, used only on international flights (1-2 times a year). So very lightly used. Last week, I took it out while on a long flight and discovered that the right swivel part completely shattered near the joint. I put up with the inconvenience during the flight, making a mental note to get it fixed as soon as I got back home. A very unpleasant surprise awaited me as soon as I called Bose. The technician who spoke to me, mentioned that they can neither supply the part (which I could replace) nor get it fixed for me. Surprised, I called for the supervisor, who condescendingly offered to sell me the latter model, which I had to refuse.

This Bose headphone was good and the electronics still works; however, I notice that the plastic parts are very light, brittle with very little life. If you plan to put down about $300 for a pair of headphones, you should expect better quality and life from these. Unfortunately based on the quality of the product and the lack of service, this will be the last product I buy from Bose.

Bose Company Profile