2.9/5 (579 ratings)

About Bose

Bose Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I've been a Bose customer for about 25 years. So, there was a time I considered them the best. Recently, I tried to get my AV35III system repaired. At the time I purchased, this was their best A/V home theater system. I spent almost two hours getting nowhere. I tried chat and calling. A Black-Hole! After speaking to others, this is SOP for Bose. Run from Bose. They suck.

Original review: July 1, 2022

My son gifted me a pair of headphones. One over the ear and the other a sound sport. Within a period of one ear the rubber started peeling off. Literally coming off. You can see the bare wires on both the headphones. The over the ear ones have given up on the foam cushions. And I always thought Bose was the best in quality. I’m also having problems with the other Bose products I use. Truly disappointed with Bose. Never again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I returned the Sleep Buds II I had purchased in late April. I returned them on June 2, 2022 and received an email from Bose on June 8, 2022 that they had received the item and had fully refunded my money. However, the refund never appeared in my account. When I called customer service to inquire about it on June 9 I was told the refund would take 8 - 10 business days to show up in my account. When I asked why the email indicated I had been refunded, the girl did not know and stated she would send me another email to indicate the 8-10 business day statement. I never received that email. I called 6/20/22 to ask about the refund and was told they were still in that 8-10 day window, which irritated me to no end. I asked why so long to refund my money and could not get a straight answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor who could give me more detailed information on any refunding action for this issue.

After being put on a 10 minute hold the representative returned to the line and told me no supervisor was available and I could be called back within the hour. Well, 5 hours later a supervisor phoned and stated she had to send a request to the Finance department to process my refund and I could get it as soon as the end of June or early July! I was furious! I will never purchase another Bose product. If you don't experience any problems with the product that involves attention from customer service you may be OK. However if you need customer support, forget about it!! Still don't have my refund!

Original review: May 11, 2022

@Bose. I bought Bose 900 few months ago, problem started from day 1 with connections problem and 2 months ago stopped working completely, sent to Bose for repair over an month ago received email today that just start working on it. Horrible. I want my $1000 refund.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Firstly - the Bose website brags about its superior customer service - I say GOOD LUCK to that - and that's the joke. Now to be serious - bought my sleep buds about 1 1/2 ago and they are not cheap - can't fault the product in terms of what it was designed to do but after 1 1/2 years - Bluetooth connectivity failed and thus the product now doesn't work -- trying to get hold of customer service is ... well enough said on that front. : (

I live in Australia and even resorted to contacting the USA Bose office direct and that's no easy task and quite frankly, a waste of time and money. Any Bose product you buy I would say at first time of failure, be prepared to throw your hard earned money (and Bose product) away because there is no repair solution in sight and Bose certainly do not back the quality of their product. As a side note - I spoke with the last QLD BOSE repairer in our state who stated to me - he generally has to wait a good 6 months for Bose spare parts and is reluctant to take on Bose products for repairs given the poor support he gets from them. For me - I will never ever buy BOSE again.

Original review: April 8, 2022

In January 2020 I purchased the Bose Lifestyle 650 from a Bose. 2 years later the SubWoofer (Acoustimass 300) fails to power up, Bose service contact says pay RMB2000 (~US$300) and we can then take a look. Searching the internet I find that it is a common issue with this subwoofer. Apparently, it usually occurs when the unit is slightly over 2 years old. A diode (basically an electrical non return valve) on the main circuit board at position J401 fails, the diode in question costs pennies. This is clearly a latent defect (either due to design error or substandard materials). So after 24 months a Bose item costing US$799.00 fails, so owning this speaker has cost me US$33/month and now they want me to pay another US$300 (US$12/month) to take a look at it. Not only do Bose have a quality issue but they have poor customer service. Do NOT buy their products, clearly you pay a high price for a low quality product.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Everyone knows Bose has high quality products, but their customer service is truly one of the best in the business. When you need a replacement for any reason they ask very few questions, so whether something broke or you don't like the specific product, they are happy to offer a replacement or exchange. I had a pair of Sport Earbuds and did not like the design because it lacked buttons for controlling sound. They quickly replaced them with Sport Open Earbuds, and despite the new pair costing $40 more, they did not charge me the difference. Other minor issues have come up and they are quick to honor my requests, most recently for a new case. The entire process took 10 minutes on the phone and the new case was put in the mail, due to arrive in 3 days.

The only annoying thing I have noticed with Bose is the process that they use for exchanges. The new product isn't sent out until they receive the return, delaying the shipping of the new product by several days. I would suggest they simply charge for the new product and then refund it when the return is processed, as this would expedite things.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Called several times to get an email for returning earbuds due to missing one. In order to get another new pair for a better price I had to send the old one. They gave me the runaround every time and I never received the email. They hang up on you with a horrible attitude, told their website was old and needed updates I guess they get mad at you for complaining or telling them what they should do. No wonder this company has gone broke and closed so many stores. I wonder who and where are the owner or owners. They don’t seem to care about their terrible customer service!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

We purchased this set about 6 years ago. In the 5th year, the system started having problems. It gradually quit working. Customer Service was worthless. The system was out of warranty, so tough luck. When you pay what we did for a product, you expect it to last longer than this did. We will not buy Bose products again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I bought the Bose hearing aids. They were of poor quality. I returned them within 1 week. I have tried SEVERAL times to get my refund but can't seem to get it. I've got the return receipt as well as a confirmation from Bose that they have received the product and will refund my money. After several texts and phone calls I still can't get my refund. About to file suit for deceptive practices.

Bose Company Information