2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Bose Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I wanted Sonos, husband wanted Bose, bought the bose 700 soundbar $800 and the rear speakers, another $400. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to unplug my speaker due to it crackling, sound to video being off and other functionality issues. Wrote about issue on bose forum within a couple of months of having it, received response to reset my sound and yadda yadda, still has issue. After reading so many complaints came to conclusion this product is a failure, complete failure. When it works it sounds great. Bose refuses to correct the issue, replace the product or acknowledge the product is faulty and offers very little connection options when you stream your TV, using no cable TV. The ARC connection they make you use appears to be the culprit.

I went the other day to look up my review and the answer they left me so I could possibly reach out for help, it is no longer there. I have to say, bose has really let me down, I literally have an annoying sound system. I can't do anything about the 1200 bucks I've spent, they refuse to make this right. I guess the only real solace to this is the sound issue seems to happen at immediate turn on and not in the middle of a movie or game or TV in general, but having to turn off the TV and unplug everything at least twice a month sometimes more for what used to be a high end product is utter failure. I won't be buying anymore bose and honestly may now consider trashing this and getting Sonos. At least once I recover from the cash dent and mental woe of the purchase.... Bad bad customer service and product, very disappointed...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I purchased a soundwear last year in March and the quality is outstanding because three years ago I was almost deaf. My doctor did surgery and replace bones in my ears with metal rods and said never use headphones or earbuds because I would go to deaf. I seen the soundwear and decided to give it a try and now I'm glad I did because I hear quality of music like I have never heard before. I love roller skating and use mine all the time at the skating rink. Their music is very loud. I do not like their music so I use my own. I turn the soundwear up and I can enjoy it with no problem. Thank you Bose for giving me my music back.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I originally purchased a pair of Bose headphones noise-canceling headphones for myself and then many years later I bought a pair for my daughter. After a few years, the material of the ear cushions started disintegrating so much so they were unusable. I contacted Bose and was advised by Bose they didn't manufacturer replacement parts. Their advice was to buy another pair so I threw them away and went back to my old Sennheiser headphones. Then my daughter's headphones started playing up by not turning off coming on all the time etc. Contacted Bose and was told surprisingly they couldn't be repaired. Suggestion buy a new pair. Found a local technician $100 and fixed. Will never ever by anything Bose again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Hope that your speaker never breaks and when it does, do not use their $92 repair option for sound issues, they will switch your battery and tell you that the money is to cover the repair-"fees". When you then refer yourself through the support tiers you will get the same scripted non-options and them trying to upsell. Not worth your time or money.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Purchased a BOSE PORTABLE HOME SPKR in mid-June, 2020. The product description of the speaker is water resistant. Speaker was caught in a heavy rain for a short period of time (about 1-2 minutes) in July 2020. Speaker stopped working. No repair or replacement offered.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My wife bought the noise cancelling headphones. From the day she got them when trying to listen to music it would skip every 10 to 15 seconds. We called Bose and they would not do anything for us. They wanted us to send them back and get a upgrade for $200 more. I will never buy a bose product again. These Headphones suck. I will buy Sony.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

After almost 30 years I’m done with this company. Their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Late March I updated my home theater system with the 700 series Soundbar, Bass Module and rear speakers. The module started gurgling, bubbling and became unusually hot. I can understand that. Some things are just defective. However what I cannot understand is why I cannot be shipped a brand new product in lieu of my credit card until they receive the current one back. It’s brand new! Now here is where it gets interesting. They were supposed to mail me a box 3 weeks ago and after 3 calls at 3 hours they are telling me they didn’t have the box and packing material. Are you kidding me. I’m without the crown jewel of my system for 3 weeks and appears it will be another 6 weeks until I receive the proper packaging, send it out and have it repaired and sent back minimum. Unacceptable for a company of this stature. I’m done.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I ordered a replacement pair of pads on July 6th, to be delivered within 7-10 days, it’s now the 20th and checking on order, it has changed from the 22nd, then the 25th and now its the 27th. Have called Bose, sat on hold for over an hour! Tried more than once to call! Won’t buy another Bose product.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Have a Soundlink less than 2 yrs old. It sat for a few months unused. Went to charge and use. Would not accept charge. Checked manual - nothing. Checked YouTube found several videos and found many others had the same issue. The fixes did not work. Called Bose cust. svc. They had me try same YouTube fixes. Nothing. They had me do an online update. Still Nothing. Rep said this happens frequently. Offered to ship me a replacement for $75 if I would ship old back. Said no thanks. Why would I want to spend another $75 for another piece of garbage. I asked if they would apply credit to another Bose product and they said NO.

If you go online you will see this same failure has happened to many. Wish I had checked reviews before buying but I thought this was a Bose product and it should be quality. WRONG! Another item of interest. They sent an email and asked for a review. I submitted and told they exactly how angry and disappointed I was. Got a message from them 2 days later that said my review was rejected and gave a list of about 6 reasons a review might be rejected. None of those applied to my review. Do NOT buy this product and buyer beware on their other products. Thank You.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Purchase the wireless earplugs that cost 200.00 and they don’t stay charge long. Left messages with Bose several times and reply or customer service either. Not happy and purchase in the past Bose products and had no problems. Sometimes it’s better to purchase the cheap one and comes with better customer service.

Bose Company Information