1.86/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

237 Bose Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Purchased the headphones 2 2.5 years ago and worked perfectly until recently. Went through all the online “fix it” info. Nothing worked. Contacted Bose customer service & was emailed a return post sticker & true to their word a new set of headphones arrived within 10 days of posting the original headphones to them!!! Great service BOSE!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have a 3 year old Bose Wave Soundtouch system and the CD Player started skipping. After trying the reset feature the problem was still apparent. Contacted Bose for repair info. Since it was out of warranty they provided me the option to ship it to them and provided a prepaid UPS label to do so. They then offered me a 50% discount on the repair cost; $100 down to $50. Email communication was great after initial call. The unit was packed and shipped on 1/28. Repair was promised at 3 weeks. On Tuesday 2/5 I received notification that my unit was shipped. Saturday 2/9 received a perfectly repaired unit. Overall I am very impressed with the service I received and the communication during the process. Thank you Bose.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After shipping back an exchange product and it taking 20+ plus days to get to Bose, I heard nothing from the Bose. I called to check the return and was told the box was received empty. When asked why was I not notified upon receipt, no answer could be provided, and I was told to take this up with UPS. UPS said as I am not the shipper and Bose provided the label the UPS claims and damage department need to interact with Bose.

After UPS was unable to reach Bose and/or retrieve the box, per UPS policy, I reach the manager, Gabriel, who said the box was destroyed as it was empty and this was a closed issue per Bose. UPS could not complete their investigation and therefore UPS said it would not pay for the claim and the case was closed. Gabriel said without a returned product or me showing proof I returned the item despite the receipt from the UPS Store, they would not send the replacement. Bottom line I am out of the product I shipped and will not receive my replacement for which I am paying with the credit card on file.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I got an QC25 in Bose California, with Warranty Extension 2 years from SquareTrade. Since my last trip when I was in Brazil to China Asia, the headphone QC25 Starting to sparking and no sound. I try to contact Bose but they didn't feedback me within The 3 working days, then I went to official service center in Hong Kong. Within the time I have to solve the issue, they said the Warranty Extension didn't work in Asia only in USA. Well that frustrating, because when I bought this Bose didn't make it clear, and I pay for the warranty. After Hong Kong I try to contact again Bose from USA while I am in Asia, and still no answer from Bose. I went to Facebook, and finally few days later Bose check my message and we talked about the issue.

Bose finally asked me to contact SquareTrade for the warranty extension. To get this information Bose tooks about 3 weeks or more just to provide me this information, then I try to contact SquareTrade and registry the case. I am in China the website was not working well. Could not contact by the website, then I run to Facebook, finally got the contact, By the email they provided me, I send the case and inform all the issue, serial number, describe the problem, and SquareTrade said the warranty Extension has been passed, just pass the validate... The issue it is I am not out the date. It is the procedure takes me to reach the right person. I waste almost 4 weeks to get contact with yours because your company delay the answer and contact way not so good, and my warranty was in the date when I contacted Bose. This make me really sad, because the contact way and policy is not clear. I am really feel bad service from SquareTrade and Bose.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I ordered a pair of custom headphones on November 26th. I knew they would not arrive prior to Christmas, and that was okay. They ensured that I should receive them in 5-7 weeks. Well, 12 weeks passed with NO answers. After contacting and speaking to a number of different customer service reps, who all told me that it hasn’t shipped and they emailed the warehouse, I finally got an answer. I expressed my frustration that my problem did not feel prioritized and someone finally admitted that the manufacturer has “a high volume of orders, creating this issue.” I asked for a rough estimate of when my order will be shipped, still nothing. They sent me two free Micro SoundLink speakers, which was nice, but I want the headphones!

I asked again a few days later after hearing nothing (and being promised I’d have an answer the next day). Got a new rep who said “Using the order number, I have here the Bose QC35II Wireless Headphones in Custom, right? I just checked the order and to be honest with you, we really don’t have any updates yet from our Warehouse Department but here is what I’ll be doing. I’ll be sending an email to them and will ask what’s the status.”

I responded saying, “Hi *CS Rep*, thank you. First, I know that you’re doing your best so my frustration is in no way directed at you. But this is the fourth time someone has sent an email and I haven’t received a response. I purchased these headphones because I have a real need for them, and I’m feeling very frustrated because nobody can answer my question. At this point, I feel that I should have purchased a non-custom pair, or went with another brand. I would really like an answer, or even a pair of non-custom to use while I continue to wait with no answers.”

Finally, “I got an update. We have an issue with our Parts Department wherein, we don’t have stocks for the parts to complete the order.” Ok... so what does that mean?! Then I was told they still have no specific date yet. So frustrated at this point. A couple days later they told me they will ship on February 9th. Ridiculous, but at least I have an answer. I requested overnight shipping and received this as a response: “Oh, that’s not really possible, because we’re just about to complete or finish your order and the shipping date will be on February 9, 2019. I’ll try to request that.”

Then I clarified I meant overnight from the 9th so I’d receive them on the 10th. Then this response, which really bothered me, “I totally understand. Let me do my job and request for a overnight shipping. Please, remember that this is for approval because we also need to consider the load of the orders. Anyways, I’m doing my best just to make sure you’ll get it on time.” Seemed like a rude tone, but maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Long story short, I’m really irritated. I really feel at this point I should be compensated better and had an answer WAY sooner, rather than people not knowing what to do. I don’t recommend purchasing from them, and I REALLY don’t recommend purchasing the custom headphones since they apparently don’t have the proper manufacturing/parts to deal with the requests. At least set people’s expectations better. Overall, really unhappy and will be sharing my experience with others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I ordered my headphones on November 24 as a Christmas present. I was aware that customized product takes 5-7 weeks to ship but it has been over 9 weeks and no word that the product has been shipped. I have contacted customer service several times and no one can seem to get me an answer on what is happening. I am so frustrated. I just wanted to receive them on time and now I just want to cancel my order and take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Find deplorable that Bose makes everyone's life difficult. One end of the audio cable of the sound-link headphones is 2.5mm. The other is 3mm. This is instead of the standard 3mm to 3mm cables available everywhere. Most adaptor plugs are too large to work. WTF... So if you need a new audio cable you are out of luck. Seriously annoying and has totally soured me on Bose. Bose customers have to go out of their way for an audio cable (available at Bose only) when 3mm cables are standard. Guess not enough profit on $250/$350 headphones!!! AAA+ for how to alienate customers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered these headphones for our son as a Christmas present on November 21st. At the time I placed the order for the custom colors, the website displayed a message that it will take between 3 and 5 weeks to receive the headphones. I understood that we might miss the Christmas date, so paid extra for the priority shipping. Christmas came and went and I had, by this time, already tried to contact BOSE for an update. No one is able to help me other than tell me it hasn't shipped.

I tried their chat. Then email. No success. Phone calls only prompted a promise to have their department send an update to me in email within 24 to 48 hours. I have never received such an update specific to our order. It is now January 14th and we still don't have the headphones. Very disappointing. If someone were to call and explain what the problem is, such as we should re-select a color they are having a hard time fulfilling, we'd be glad to do that. But no one can tell us what is wrong. Backlog of orders? No idea, and no idea when our order will ship.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

On the 30th of November 2018 my sister placed an order for a pair of Bose QC35 II headphones for over £280 as a Christmas present. The product had not arrived by the 5th of December so she called Bose who told her to contact DPD. DPD said the parcel had been lost/stolen so they gave a lost order reference number to pass on to Bose. On the 6th of December she contacted Bose via WhatsApp, who said they would contact the courier and reply within 24-48h. She messaged Bose on the 11th of December and the employee that she was connected with didn’t reply to any messages. She then messaged again on the 12th and received no reply, and again on the 13th where she was told the office team had not yet responded, and that she would be notified of an update ASAP.

Between then and Christmas she contacted Bose countless time over the phone who assured her the order was on “high priority” and would be resolved before Christmas. On the 23rd of December she purchased another pair of the headphones from a retailer to the collective sum of over £560. The headphones were for me so when I was told of the trouble she had I said I would take over chasing up the issue. I emailed Bose over Christmas and received no reply by January the 2nd where I sent them a message over WhatsApp, and was told that Bose would contact their order and logistics team, and that I would receive a response in 24h.

At this point I made it explicitly clear that my sister wanted a refund, as she had to make alternative purchase arrangements prior to Christmas, and was told that this information had been passed on. With no response 48h later I sent a follow-up message that was replied to a day later to say that Bose had received no update, and again that they would contact me ASAP. On the 10th of January she received an email, which said the product had been sent out and would be delivered on the 11th of January. The product arrived on the 12th of January despite the fact that I clearly said that my sister wanted a refund. On the 12th of January I called Bose who said they would send a free returns label and that I would have to take the parcel to a UPS drop off myself. They also said that after they received the parcel that it would take 7-10 days to process a refund, meaning that my sister will have been £280 out of pocket for two months.

Bose offered little apology for the issue and zero compensation. I am absolutely appalled at the level of customer service my sister and I have received while dealing with Bose. For an issue on an order placed in November not to have been resolved before Christmas, despite being identified on December 5th, and for a refund to be issued two months later is absolutely unacceptable. I certainly wouldn’t recommend buying directly from Bose to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased Lifestyle 650 about 18 months back. It stopped working and on contacting the customer service was told to pay nearly 10% of the overall purchase price to repair as the warranty is only 1 year. On further questioning I was told main board of the console was damaged and needs replacement. No reason given why the damage happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Now no choice for me to pay the exorbitant repair price and pray it does not damage again after warranty expires. When one buys such expensive gadgets it is expected that we get a longer service from them. My recommendation to anyone thinking of buying Bose products thinks again. They are expensive, low on quality and high on repair cost. For me it's never again to purchase any products.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had my Bose SoundSport pulse earbuds for 2 months, but were defective. I went to a Bose store and got a replacement immediately. I got everything from In-Store, so there could have been a difference so I would recommend to go to a Bose store rather than calling customer service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I'm totally disgusted with BOSE. They should let buyers know the items will stop working. Christmas is today and wanted to use my soundwave, it stop working. Contact Bose. Want to charge me for fixing it, bought it from the company. Why am I being charged. Never again will I buy a high price item again from these people.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I bought this system 2.3 years ago. I spent £1500 on this system. The Acoustimass 300 has packed up and when I called them, I was told it was going to cost me an extra £125. Here is the thing. I know that products get worn out and eventually die...but for a £1500 system to last 2.3 years...no, no, no. I only play it at weekends and I am away nearly 11 weeks every year. I've not used it that much. I had a Sony system prior to this one and it lasted 15 good years. What a shame about Bose.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered some Bose Sleepbuds on the 20th Oct. These never arrived. When I contacted Bose they told me to deal with their distributor (DHD) which I did. DHD confirmed the item had been lost. I reported this back to Bose and requested a refund. In fact I called Bose 27 times and emailed them another 15 times but still not progress. I had to report this to both PayPal and my credit card company. Interestingly they both confirmed they receive many complaints about Bose. Bose then contact myself 30 days after I told them the device had been lost. Bose now tell me the device is lost (well done) and that they will send a refund in 3 days. It is not 10 days later and still no refund. And again another round of calls chasing a call centre in Manila.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

The system is the worst we experienced. It keeps losing signal, two of the speakers we purchased (we bought 3 in total) have failed totally. One was repaired free of charge as it was within warranty. The other went wrong just outside warranty and Bose wanted £85 to repair it. We have had so many problems we have decided not to bother with the repair and will buy another make. We would not recommend Bose on any level.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Sounds great; unwanted 'Updates' = constant pain/time wasters. Bought ST20 in 2015, with no previous wireless speaker experience. Frustrations since, mostly from unwanted updates, too many to list in detail in limited space here. Updates mostly result in a problem.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Just bought a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones and they were missing the backup audio cord. Thought I could call Bose support and they could just send a cord, after reading the serial number to the representative a dozen times, he stated that it was not in his system and I should call the store I bought them from and get serial number. I asked him why he thought they would have serial number. He was extremely rude and said, "You just need to call them." Called the store and they did not have the serial number. Called Bose support back and that representative said to just return them to the store I bought them from. Tried to explain I just needed a cord. The rep just kept saying return them. So now a perfectly good set of headphones is going to go back to Bose as defective, just because their overseas customer support wouldn’t send out a cord. Seems like such a waste. Bose needs to fix this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Worst product ever especially if you intend to use it at the gym, or during any outdoors activity. The headphone ear cup have a tendency to come off. Customer service tends to be of no help, especially the supervisors.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My left Bose SoundSport Free Wireless earbud stopped working after about 4 months. It just wouldn’t seem to connect to the right one anymore. I disconnected and reconnected, reinstalled the app, but nothing worked. I took them back to Best Buy, but they said it had been too long and would not help me. So, I had to go online to find contact info for Bose. I found a number and called them up. The man who answered had a heavy Indian accent, but understood the problem and explained the process for getting them replaced.

They sent an email with a mailing label for me to print out, and I packaged them up and sent them back on 10/31. It said it could take a few weeks. However, on 11/03, the UPS truck came to my house with a package from Bose. A brand new set of earbuds, just in time, too, as I was getting ready to go to the gym. I had bought a different brand to use while I was waiting, because I thought it would take longer, but no one else even comes close to that awesome Bose sound! And the customer service was awesome when I had a problem!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Purchased Bose Freestyle earbud, the connection for 3.5mm wire frayed losing sound quality. As if this was problem enough this is the 2nd generation that has the same design/manufacturing flaw. There is no consumer redress. They are aware of the problem and have no desire to repair or replace. Caveat emptor "BUYER BEWARE".

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My L1 PA system stopped working after 10 months. It has a 2 month warranty. There were 3 possible parts that needed repair. After describing the issue Bose asked us to return the power stand. They paid the shipping but we paid for the box & packaging which was about $20. They shipped it back after repair and it didn’t work. Their tech support tried to have us send back the exact same part but I’d already told them no it might be one of the pole speakers but we need to send back all parts. I reminded him I’m a working musician and this is hurting my income. The customer service person was hard to reason with and especially hard to understand. I asked to talk to a supervisor. He understood my frustration. He sent me all components new and then I also had the boxes & packaging to ship back. The new system worked well.

After a month I was finally happy I had my PA system wowing again. The only problem was he sent only one shipping label for 30 lbs. I needed to return 2 boxes totaling 70 lbs. I called Bose from the UPS store. The rep agrees to email 2 labels but then he got the weight wrong. I’m so got the UPS person told me the weight. The Bose rep said don’t send the cases with the parts. I explained that they send me new cases each time therefore the right thing to do and for protective shipping I had packed the parts in their old cases. He understood after I started getting mad and increased the weight to include cases. We got what we needed but had to be persistent. Sometimes the customer service reps aren’t too bright so you have to be your own advocate. But Bose wants to make good on their product.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The product is superb. We have at least 6 different headphones; noise canceling included. However the customer service is a call center in the Philippines and they must be reading off cue cards. Besides whatever they say is just NOT true!!! Have no idea!!! Keep you on hold for 25 to 45 mins. In fact I am currently on hold as I asked for a representative in the US... 25 mins so far. Bose is a US company. I buy their products because they are good, expensive, but great. and I want to support American companies. So why cant I speak to somebody in the US??? I would like a resolution today, US time...

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I ordered my Bose Headphones for 4000 dollars - and it said it would come within 5 days but they didn't come and I looked everywhere around the house but they weren't there. Now when I look at my order number it says it did arrive - which they did not! Now I've paid 4000 bucks for a pair of headphones that did not arrive and I'm never getting that money back... thanks Bose... never buy their stuff!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Firstly, these are good headphones. Good noise canceling, good sound. My issue is the Bluetooth support and the support provided by Bose. If what you want to do is to listen to audio from a smartphone via Bluetooth they are very good. If however, you want to listen to audio from a smart TV (I have a Samsung 2016 model), be warned that actually getting a Bluetooth connection is very hit and miss. If you can connect, they stay connected, but actually connecting works at most 5% of the time.

I contacted BOSE customer support and to say the least they were unhelpful, telling me that the headphones were not meant to connect via bluetooth to a smart TV. Really? When I suggested that this should not be a device specific issue, the agent told me that "Bose did not have the time to test all different combinations of kit". Well that's OK, but surely they should react to Bluetooth connectivity issues. These headphones cost well north of £300 after all. I emailed the CEO of Bose in the UK, but have had no response.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I've waited a long time to invest in a Bose headset. Voila! A complete disappointment. As other have indicated in reviews, there is a looseness in the wiring. One ear does not receive reception. Horrible. Now, I'm traveling for months and cannot return the product. I hope it has a warranty. Warning... Do not buy!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Repair cost which was to take 2-3 weeks to complete took 6 weeks to be returned. I had to contact several times to get updates on repair status. Was seeking some sort of "goodwill" compensation as this was over a $100 cost and was told nothing could be done in response to this delay. Have spoken to customer service representative and supervisor without any offer to show some loyalty to the multiple Bose products I currently have in my home. May have to rethink before either purchasing or sending in a Bose repair in the future.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I deeply regret that I had the desire to work together. Three months now I am not able to get battery for the S1 Pro Sound system. It is funny and at the same time disgusting. Your team in Bulgaria is poor and the relationship with the head office is non-existent. As head of the Bulgarian Artists' Association I will recommend a full bust of the purchases from Bose.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My Bose Sound Touch 30 Speaker stopped working in about two weeks after purchase. The Bose rep tested it via internet and asked me to send it back for repair. She also tested my router, modem, and internet speed and said they were fine, but could not explain why my Wi-Fi Bose devices (speakers) were randomly stopping and starting when played together. I am so frustrated that I didn't ask why my remote for my Sound Touch 650 system locks up my TV screen when I switch sources from Sound Touch to Cable Box. I must do a 10 min reboot to regain live TV. The Bose folks are nice and have my sympathy, but their hardware is becoming second rate and their software is terrible. Never saw so many glitches in such a simple app. I have been a Bose user all my life but not anymore after this set of headaches.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I sent my headphones in to get fixed up because they had started to just get normal wear and tear after having them for a couple years. I sent customer service a message offering to pay them to get them "refurbished". They responded almost instantly and told me they were more than happy to help and asked me exactly what was wrong. I explained all my problems in detail and they then sent me a shipping label for my headphones. I sent them in expecting the refurbishment to take a week or so. It was not even 10 days later I get a package... THEY SENT ME A BRAND NEW PAIR. In new packaging and all. Talk about a company going above and beyond for their customer. They earned a life-long customer with me. I will only be buying Bose forever. Thank you Bose!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a new Bose speaker about 3 years ago, while the warranty was in effect I was having problems with it charging. I called in and they performed a reprogram and it worked for a while and would stop charging again. After the warranty ended the problem kept happening, so Bose had me send the unit back for repairs and after a few months it would stop charging again. This happened a few more times and after more failures they offered to replace the unit with another one and I agreed.

After a few months that one failed again, I was frustrated and asked for a partial refund. They did not want to refund me but did offer an upgrade to a newer style speaker, I have had this for almost two months and it stopped charging as well. When I called in yesterday and their attempts to update the unit failed they asked me to return it for repair. I said I'm not doing this anymore. I want a partial refund and I was told by their rep. Nero he would not agree to a refund and I have no other options but to keep returning the unit for repairs... I thought Bose was better than this, I was wrong.

Bose Company Information