2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Bose Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I bought the limited Eclipse headset on May 23rd 2020. Because of Covid it took 4 weeks for the delivery. In 4 months the microphone stopped working and I had to return the set. I received an email last week stating the product will be delivered on the 14th Nov which later got updated to 16th and now there is no info. UPS Canada confirms that they have not received the product. Then I called up BOSE and after 1 hour of waiting and explaining they are in no position to confirm where the product is.

Cons:
    -Unreliable product: Super expensive product which breaks in 4 months.
    -No backups for other countries: The only option I have is the product replaced which they can only do from US warehouse, so the product will be stuck in the borders without ETA.
    -Bad customer service: 2/3 customer service agents I spoke treated me as if they are some high end techie and I was some ignorant customer.

-False promises/info: The 1st customer agent promised my delivery will be expedited and I was guaranteed it won't take 4 weeks (which happened the 1st time).

All I need is an ETA when I can get the headset back or give me a refund. BOSE was not able to give me both and now I am in vain. (ETA : Estimated Time of Arrival)

Pros: The music quality was impeccable.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have a lot of product from Bose now, I used to trust their product until I return once, the disaster began, I called them several time since they got my products back 3 weeks already. It should be more than $1500. They just only refund small amount of $10 to me. I called and was on hold for 57 mins and the first agent came up, he said he could not hear my voice. I told him I have been waiting to speak to him almost one hour and don't hang up. He said ok he need to fix his headset, but he hang up, I have to call again and wait for another hour to speak to someone else again.

It is really bad experience from return dept, seem like they was trained to sell but not after sale services. If you want to buy a product they come up the phone really quick, but for services and return, just good luck to 1-2 hrs wait for your turn, please don’t buy their product anymore so that they can upgrade their staff for return first, before giving them more business or job to do.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Purchased two Bose headphones. Received confirmation email that clearly states that if the item goes out of stock after purchase, they would deliver once they receive more in stock. Checked the status of my order today and noticed that it says cancelled. No email from Bose, no information whatsoever. Absolutely slimy and sneaky from a Company as big as Bose. NO HIGHS NO LOWS, MUST BE BOSE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE FROM BOSE. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Bose has had my speaker in for repair for almost two months. Each time I call for status I am told they are waiting on a part with no eta. I paid for this repair upfront and can get any eta info. I would rate lower but I am still keeping some hope that I will get my speaker back repaired soon. :/

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Bose stated item shipped, but when checking tracking number, item never shipped. Contacted customer service for refund. Refund confirmation number given. 2 weeks later, still no refund. Bose then claimed order was completed and shipped.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I have been trying to get a replacement for a Bose Remote Control for my music system. The Bose India Support Service is useless and gave me a two contact numbers of Bose authorized accessories agencies but both numbers are not working. The two emails provided by the Bose Service Centre are also useless with no reply for two months. The store where I bought the equipment is also of no help and provides only with contact nos. which are not operational. I would recommend not to buy any Bose products since Bose after-sales service is pathetic.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Bose is losing all its credibility. Most of the times they don’t have products in stock. But the sales person just pushes to take an advance without any knowledge of the whereabouts of the product. They keep on saying that will be in stock within 7 days but it never happens. They do not bother to give an update also though in store they take our mobile numbers and promise big. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I wanted Sonos, husband wanted Bose, bought the bose 700 soundbar $800 and the rear speakers, another $400. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to unplug my speaker due to it crackling, sound to video being off and other functionality issues. Wrote about issue on bose forum within a couple of months of having it, received response to reset my sound and yadda yadda, still has issue. After reading so many complaints came to conclusion this product is a failure, complete failure. When it works it sounds great. Bose refuses to correct the issue, replace the product or acknowledge the product is faulty and offers very little connection options when you stream your TV, using no cable TV. The ARC connection they make you use appears to be the culprit.

I went the other day to look up my review and the answer they left me so I could possibly reach out for help, it is no longer there. I have to say, bose has really let me down, I literally have an annoying sound system. I can't do anything about the 1200 bucks I've spent, they refuse to make this right. I guess the only real solace to this is the sound issue seems to happen at immediate turn on and not in the middle of a movie or game or TV in general, but having to turn off the TV and unplug everything at least twice a month sometimes more for what used to be a high end product is utter failure. I won't be buying anymore bose and honestly may now consider trashing this and getting Sonos. At least once I recover from the cash dent and mental woe of the purchase.... Bad bad customer service and product, very disappointed...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I purchased a soundwear last year in March and the quality is outstanding because three years ago I was almost deaf. My doctor did surgery and replace bones in my ears with metal rods and said never use headphones or earbuds because I would go to deaf. I seen the soundwear and decided to give it a try and now I'm glad I did because I hear quality of music like I have never heard before. I love roller skating and use mine all the time at the skating rink. Their music is very loud. I do not like their music so I use my own. I turn the soundwear up and I can enjoy it with no problem. Thank you Bose for giving me my music back.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I originally purchased a pair of Bose headphones noise-canceling headphones for myself and then many years later I bought a pair for my daughter. After a few years, the material of the ear cushions started disintegrating so much so they were unusable. I contacted Bose and was advised by Bose they didn't manufacturer replacement parts. Their advice was to buy another pair so I threw them away and went back to my old Sennheiser headphones. Then my daughter's headphones started playing up by not turning off coming on all the time etc. Contacted Bose and was told surprisingly they couldn't be repaired. Suggestion buy a new pair. Found a local technician $100 and fixed. Will never ever by anything Bose again.

Bose Company Information