3.9/5 (322 ratings)

About Bose

Bose Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I decided to order my Bose earbuds directly from Bose's website. I thought it was a good idea. But I was wrong. Initially, the website said that they will ship the earbuds in 5 business days. But after 10 days nothing happens. I checked the website and it was saying that they even did not process the payments yet!!! I am a bose fan but I am very disappointed with this website. So if you want to buy this as a gift to someone, keep in mind that it might take a long time to ship the headphones.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I sent my SoundTouch 30 to fix on February 12 2021. In March 23 2021 they sent me a email they can’t fix the speaker and they threw my speaker in the trash and going to give me 30% discount to buy a new one. (The speaker was under warranty still.)

Original review: May 13, 2021

Been a Bose fan for 14 years, I was a bit surprised reading others’ negative feedbacks about Bose products. I’ve been happy with all the headphones I purchased from Bose, their sound, their design, their colors, their excellent customer service. They exchanged a product for me in a jiffy - no question asked. My very first bose earphones still sound decent even when the earmuffs worn out. Even when people look online for better deals, I didn’t mind buying directly from the store. You don’t complain about the things you love, and they earned it. Keep it up, Bose!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I purchased a pair of SoundSport wireless headphones two months ago. The product was defective out of the box. It didn't charge properly. I contacted Bose, was instructed to return the headphones for exchange and shipped them back. I followed up with customer service to find out about the status of my replacement. It has been almost two months. I call every week and they always respond with something that doesn't make sense like: "We sent you the parcel but it was returned because it had the wrong address." The representative always says they are making a note for the department in charge to ship the headphones right away but when I call again they have a new excuse. I feel I defrauded by this brand. I never expect Bose to disrespect customers like this. I still can't understand how they keep their reputation?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I only used this rather expensive portable speaker for a year and half, after not using it for half a year it wouldn't start. When taken for repair I was told I had to buy a new one. Warranty was expired and they wouldn't accept responsibility.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Do not waste your money and time on this product. It disconnects from the network often and it takes going through all the steps every single time to reconnect it. I spend more time reconnecting and configuring it than actually using it. I spent the money on it expecting to get one of the best products but it proves to be the opposite.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I want to say first and foremost I have always been loyal to Bose and believe their products to be top-notch. I recently went to purchase their soundbar 700 package and it was out of stock but the soundbar was available at one of their dealers so I purchased it with the guarantee that when the bass module was available I would receive the package price. They would not honor this and instructed me to return soundbar and reorder the package which has a 3 week wait or more rather than allow me to buy in stock bass module for package price. Outright ridiculous. I will return it and purchase a Sonos Arc with bass. This is how good customers are lost.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I had purchased Bose because their stellar reputation. Now, I'm wondering how they've stayed in business. For a company that is suppose to be on the technology forefront I have am amazed that bose.com & the database available to bose customer service agents is not consolidated. Bose.com does not recognize my product serial number. I call Bose they say that they registered it but it does not show up on my profile under my products. How does a company of this size that specializes in technology not have a consolidated platform for customers to view their products?! Additionally, I am trying to exchange a faulty product but continue to run in circles by the company. They continue to assure me that the exchange is being processed. I have returned the product that I initially purchased but I still do not have the replacement. I am so frustrated with Bose. I have lost hours of my life on their text and phone lines.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I bought a Bose headset for my brother in another state on Dec 17 as a Christmas gift. The cost was $293.11. The site advertised 2 day shipping which I noticed because I wanted it to arrive by Dec 25. When I ordered, it said the black was out of stock so I ordered silver. I assumed a silver one was in stock when The order was accepted. I did get an email verification of my order. When I asked my brother on Christmas Day how he liked the gift, it had not arrived. I called Bose customer service on Dec 26 and was told it would arrive the first week in January.

Today Jan 4, I called to check on the order. I was told it was due to be restocked Feb 8 and would be shipped after that and take 3 days. I asked when they were going to tell me the Christmas gift was due to arrive in February. They said they had no way of knowing who to notify. (Which makes me wonder why I had to verify my email address with them before they would tell me the status of my order.) They recommended that I go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy it. I ordered it online because my brother is in another state and due to COVID I did not want to go into crowded places, like Walmart and the post office or UPS. It really annoyed me that they told me to go out and buy it after booking my order and missing the holiday. I asked to speak with a manager. I was on hold for a long time and hung up.

I ordered from Amazon and then I cancelled the Bose direct order. I spent about an hour on this so got frustrated. By the way, My husband and I both have the same headset I ordered for my brother and obviously enjoy it. We each had a wired Bose headset before that. So I like their products a lot but am very disappointed in their customer service. Wish I had ordered it from Amazon in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Unbelievable you cannot listen to a podcast or music if you choose as you go to sleep. All you can listen to is their canned music for $329! Bose is a dying company and products with limitations like this is why they are dying.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I received a Bose SoundLink mini II as a gift. Just after the 1 year warranty expired the speaker failed to charge with a flashing red light. Upon researching the issue, it was first described as a possible software issue. If the speaker is not turned on for somewhere between 14-24 days, it will go into a battery safe state, however if the battery is drained too low, there is no way to kick it out through a reset or update. I tried all knowledge based suggestions and could not resolve the issue.

As a last resort the resolve would be to replace the battery. As a fairly competent tech person, I figured I could order a new battery and easily replace. This however is not the case with the mini II. The mini 1, has an easy to replace battery, where you unscrew, pop it out and then replace. The mini 2 has a cable soldered to the board and the only way to replace is to take everything apart and unsolder the battery. This is a cash grab and I will never buy another Bose product.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I have been trying to get BOSE to supply me with an input board for my Acoustimass 10 IV Home Ent System. They refuse to sell me the input board that was damaged by my dog. Yeah I know. Terrible, awful, bad and useless. DO NOT GIVE BOSE YOUR MONEY! Buy anything else, Klipsch speakers working for over 30 years and still going strong. BOSE=disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

One star is being generous. I bought a Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth speaker. After only 10 months it would no longer charge. I phoned Bose and arranged to send it to their service dept to be fixed. After nearly 2 months and several frustrated phone calls, I eventually got my speaker back, apparently 'fixed'. Now, after less than a month of light usage, the same problem has occurred. I dread sending it back to them again as I expect I would have to wait two months, as before.

I wrote an email to Bose support - to an email address they provide - only to get an automated reply saying: 'After extensive customer feedback we’ve learned that email isn’t the most efficient communication method in ensuring we can satisfactorily resolve your concerns'. Really? Yeah, right. What, as opposed to waiting forever to speak to a Bose rep on the phone and then being told all manner of bull and guff regarding the fix to the product you purchased from them at quite a price. I've had it with this lot and highly recommend you buy elsewhere. Unless you like banging your head against a wall, that is.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Wave radio/cd player repair turned into nightmare. Ridiculous long wait times to reach a live person, the online chat line not working. They lost my remote control. More wait times and agent took forever to place order for remote. Then I received power cord instead. More nonsense trying to report and have correct order placed for remote. With so many qualified people out of work, please go out and hire new people!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I purchased a set of earbuds from Bose and had to send them in for replacement, I was told the first time the turnaround would be 5 days (Bose Outright Lied). After waiting 2 weeks I called again and I was told they were being shipped and I would see a tracking confirmation within 2 to 3 days. After waiting yet another week I called back in and it had not been shipped (ANOTHER BOSE OUTRIGHT LIE). Now I actually find out they oversold, they tell me the next shipment will arrive 22nd of Dec and they will expedite it and get it to me by the end of the year which is another 2.5 weeks away (I AM CONFIDENT THIS WILL BE ANOTHER LIE).

So after the original 5 day turnaround we are now out 6 weeks and the only think I have yet to go on is BOSE EMPTY PROMISES. I do know one thing for sure and everyone one else should be made aware as well, I can guarantee you from first had experience BOSE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS BY PROVIDING EMPTY PROMISES just to get rid of you. If you are looking for better customer service and just as good a product or better for the value see Samsung and or Beats products. Bose will never see my business again. CHEERS.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I read good reviews on the actual product; headphones. But the website ordering process was rough, my delivery date has come and gone, when I called, they don’t know when I will get them and could not help me at all.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Placed order for headphones on 11/08/2020, called 11/20 for status and was advised they would arrive before Christmas. Called again 12/14 and was told the product would have a 12 WEEK delivery time from date of order. VERY disappointed that this wasn't shared upfront or at any point since the purchase. I will NEVER ORDER from Bose again. Customers clearly aren't their priority.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I haven’t even received the product and that is enough to write this one star review. Customer service has sent me in circles! Can’t get a clear answer on order status from anyone. For 6 weeks! Garbage.

Resolution response: Dec. 27, 2020

Hello all, I previously posted about the struggle I was facing for the replacement for Bose 700 headphones whose microphone broke in 4 months of its purchase. After my 6th attempt I got in touch with a good customer care agent, she not only understood my problem but also was successful in resolving the issue. I really wish I got her in contact sooner. Like I earlier mentioned the experience of the headphones is impeccable.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I bought the limited Eclipse headset on May 23rd 2020. Because of Covid it took 4 weeks for the delivery. In 4 months the microphone stopped working and I had to return the set. I received an email last week stating the product will be delivered on the 14th Nov which later got updated to 16th and now there is no info. UPS Canada confirms that they have not received the product. Then I called up BOSE and after 1 hour of waiting and explaining they are in no position to confirm where the product is.

Cons:
-Unreliable product: Super expensive product which breaks in 4 months.
-No backups for other countries: The only option I have is the product replaced which they can only do from US warehouse, so the product will be stuck in the borders without ETA.
-Bad customer service: 2/3 customer service agents I spoke treated me as if they are some high end techie and I was some ignorant customer.

-False promises/info: The 1st customer agent promised my delivery will be expedited and I was guaranteed it won't take 4 weeks (which happened the 1st time).

All I need is an ETA when I can get the headset back or give me a refund. BOSE was not able to give me both and now I am in vain. (ETA : Estimated Time of Arrival)

Pros: The music quality was impeccable.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have a lot of product from Bose now, I used to trust their product until I return once, the disaster began, I called them several time since they got my products back 3 weeks already. It should be more than $1500. They just only refund small amount of $10 to me. I called and was on hold for 57 mins and the first agent came up, he said he could not hear my voice. I told him I have been waiting to speak to him almost one hour and don't hang up. He said ok he need to fix his headset, but he hang up, I have to call again and wait for another hour to speak to someone else again.

It is really bad experience from return dept, seem like they was trained to sell but not after sale services. If you want to buy a product they come up the phone really quick, but for services and return, just good luck to 1-2 hrs wait for your turn, please don’t buy their product anymore so that they can upgrade their staff for return first, before giving them more business or job to do.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Purchased two Bose headphones. Received confirmation email that clearly states that if the item goes out of stock after purchase, they would deliver once they receive more in stock. Checked the status of my order today and noticed that it says cancelled. No email from Bose, no information whatsoever. Absolutely slimy and sneaky from a Company as big as Bose. NO HIGHS NO LOWS, MUST BE BOSE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE FROM BOSE. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Bose has had my speaker in for repair for almost two months. Each time I call for status I am told they are waiting on a part with no eta. I paid for this repair upfront and can get any eta info. I would rate lower but I am still keeping some hope that I will get my speaker back repaired soon. :/

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Bose stated item shipped, but when checking tracking number, item never shipped. Contacted customer service for refund. Refund confirmation number given. 2 weeks later, still no refund. Bose then claimed order was completed and shipped.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I have been trying to get a replacement for a Bose Remote Control for my music system. The Bose India Support Service is useless and gave me a two contact numbers of Bose authorized accessories agencies but both numbers are not working. The two emails provided by the Bose Service Centre are also useless with no reply for two months. The store where I bought the equipment is also of no help and provides only with contact nos. which are not operational. I would recommend not to buy any Bose products since Bose after-sales service is pathetic.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Bose is losing all its credibility. Most of the times they don’t have products in stock. But the sales person just pushes to take an advance without any knowledge of the whereabouts of the product. They keep on saying that will be in stock within 7 days but it never happens. They do not bother to give an update also though in store they take our mobile numbers and promise big. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I wanted Sonos, husband wanted Bose, bought the bose 700 soundbar $800 and the rear speakers, another $400. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to unplug my speaker due to it crackling, sound to video being off and other functionality issues. Wrote about issue on bose forum within a couple of months of having it, received response to reset my sound and yadda yadda, still has issue. After reading so many complaints came to conclusion this product is a failure, complete failure. When it works it sounds great. Bose refuses to correct the issue, replace the product or acknowledge the product is faulty and offers very little connection options when you stream your TV, using no cable TV. The ARC connection they make you use appears to be the culprit.

I went the other day to look up my review and the answer they left me so I could possibly reach out for help, it is no longer there. I have to say, bose has really let me down, I literally have an annoying sound system. I can't do anything about the 1200 bucks I've spent, they refuse to make this right. I guess the only real solace to this is the sound issue seems to happen at immediate turn on and not in the middle of a movie or game or TV in general, but having to turn off the TV and unplug everything at least twice a month sometimes more for what used to be a high end product is utter failure. I won't be buying anymore bose and honestly may now consider trashing this and getting Sonos. At least once I recover from the cash dent and mental woe of the purchase.... Bad bad customer service and product, very disappointed...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I purchased a soundwear last year in March and the quality is outstanding because three years ago I was almost deaf. My doctor did surgery and replace bones in my ears with metal rods and said never use headphones or earbuds because I would go to deaf. I seen the soundwear and decided to give it a try and now I'm glad I did because I hear quality of music like I have never heard before. I love roller skating and use mine all the time at the skating rink. Their music is very loud. I do not like their music so I use my own. I turn the soundwear up and I can enjoy it with no problem. Thank you Bose for giving me my music back.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I originally purchased a pair of Bose headphones noise-canceling headphones for myself and then many years later I bought a pair for my daughter. After a few years, the material of the ear cushions started disintegrating so much so they were unusable. I contacted Bose and was advised by Bose they didn't manufacturer replacement parts. Their advice was to buy another pair so I threw them away and went back to my old Sennheiser headphones. Then my daughter's headphones started playing up by not turning off coming on all the time etc. Contacted Bose and was told surprisingly they couldn't be repaired. Suggestion buy a new pair. Found a local technician $100 and fixed. Will never ever by anything Bose again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Hope that your speaker never breaks and when it does, do not use their $92 repair option for sound issues, they will switch your battery and tell you that the money is to cover the repair-"fees". When you then refer yourself through the support tiers you will get the same scripted non-options and them trying to upsell. Not worth your time or money.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Purchased a BOSE PORTABLE HOME SPKR in mid-June, 2020. The product description of the speaker is water resistant. Speaker was caught in a heavy rain for a short period of time (about 1-2 minutes) in July 2020. Speaker stopped working. No repair or replacement offered.

Bose Company Information