Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.87/5

Akai Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I guess I should consider myself fortunate. I received my Akai 27' as a Christmas gift in 12/05 and it just went out on me. First I had to turn it on like 3-6 times before it would turn on. You could hear the sound but the scream would be in different color stripes or blocks. Based on the other post I read, looks like the average was three years. This TV is in our bedroom and not watched a lot so maybe that is why we got a little more time out of ours. I will call Sam's club just to see if they will allow me to return it. I always say a closed mouth doesn't get feed. Worse than do is say no and no's are free, right?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

Most of the 32 inch, 37 inch and 42 inch Akai televisions use a Megmeet power supply built in China. This power supply has very low grade electrolytic capacitors. I have a LCT3285A model and have repaired the power supply 3 times in six years. The model power supply used in these units is MLT168A you can search for replacement on the net with little success. That power supply has been replaced by the MLT169B it seems to be plug compatible and is mentioned as a suitable replacement. Normal cost is less than $80 dollars US. The no turn on problem is caused by this poorly designed power supply.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2012

I bought an Akai MPC 5000, and my LED light went out. I called them, and they didn't care at all. It hurt because I bought all the MPC's that they ever made. Now, I have a $4,000 problem! I can't see or do anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2012

My complaint is just the same. I brought a 50" HD DLPTM Rear Projection TV (PT50DL14) from BJ's on 10/2006. Today it blew. The TV won't stay on for more then a minute, all I see is 3 blinking lights (timer, lamp and standby). I've called BJ's but my 2-year protection plan expired in 10/2009. There is no good working numbers for Akai and no one fixes these TVs. I paid $1,589.97 in all. Please Help!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2011

Just like most others on here, I think there's a defect in this TV. When I turn it on, in less than 3 minutes it shuts itself off. Many others have had the same problem. I think they need to admit that they have a problem with this TV and fix it. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Akai?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

My Akai TV is almost 6 years old. It turns off immediately after I turn it on and it will not come on. I wish Akai would admit there is a problem with their TV and repair it. I have a 32-inch TV.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2011

I purchased an AKAI LCT 3201AD TV four years ago. The TV no longer turns on and will not respond to the remote nor will it respond to the manual on switch. I have attempted to contact AKAI USA through their phone number, but it is no longer in service. I have contacted them by email twice with no response. The part which controls the remote and on/off looks like a simple fix but without a supplier this is impossible to fix.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2011

As with a lot of other consumers, I bought a 32" Akai LCD flat screen television from Conn's. After 2 years, the TV just stopped powering on. No problems before, then nothing. Akai is no help at all.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2011

I bought this Akai with DVD Player Combo in October of 2006. The TV will not work unless I unplug it and plug it back. This the worst TV I have ever bought from SAMS. I am very surprised that a company like this is not more responsible. I have it mounted on the wall in my office and have to climb up to this. If I fall and get hurt, I will file a law suit against the company as I am a disabled veteran. This company **.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2011

My 27" Akai flat screen TV does not turn on anymore. The screen is blank but you can hear this buzzing or humming type of noise in the back. At first, I had to unplug it from the wall then it would turn on. But now, it does turn on at all! What a ** set. It seems that many consumers are having the same issue. I have had this set for about four to five years and I purchased it from Costco. I just wish that something could be done as far as replacement parts. From what I read, Akai is doing nothing about this. They are just laughing on the way to the bank!

Akai Company Information