Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Akai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Akai?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Akai?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

I bought a 42 inch 1080p TV monitor new last year. Two months later, it starts showing only half the picture. So I called the 1800 number for service, emailed all the info that was requested by the phone conversation and never got any response either by phone, email, and/or mail. I tried over and over again with phone messages, emails and have yet to hear back. I still have the TV and now it has no picture at all just static and jumbled colors.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I purchased an Akai 42" flat screen television and am very dissatisfied. First, the convergent went out in it and I had it fixed. Within 2 months, the screen turned blue. Within 6 months, the power went out and I was not able to turn it on with the remote or the switch manually. I unplugged it several times and plugged it back in with nothing happening. I had the fuse checked in it and it was not shot. This is absolutely ridiculous that there is no way in getting in touch with Akai to get help. If anybody has any ideas of getting in touch with Akai to get help in getting this fixed, please respond.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I guess I should consider myself fortunate. I received my Akai 27' as a Christmas gift in 12/05 and it just went out on me. First I had to turn it on like 3-6 times before it would turn on. You could hear the sound but the scream would be in different color stripes or blocks. Based on the other post I read, looks like the average was three years. This TV is in our bedroom and not watched a lot so maybe that is why we got a little more time out of ours. I will call Sam's club just to see if they will allow me to return it. I always say a closed mouth doesn't get feed. Worse than do is say no and no's are free, right?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

Most of the 32 inch, 37 inch and 42 inch Akai televisions use a Megmeet power supply built in China. This power supply has very low grade electrolytic capacitors. I have a LCT3285A model and have repaired the power supply 3 times in six years. The model power supply used in these units is MLT168A you can search for replacement on the net with little success. That power supply has been replaced by the MLT169B it seems to be plug compatible and is mentioned as a suitable replacement. Normal cost is less than $80 dollars US. The no turn on problem is caused by this poorly designed power supply.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2012

I bought an Akai MPC 5000, and my LED light went out. I called them, and they didn't care at all. It hurt because I bought all the MPC's that they ever made. Now, I have a $4,000 problem! I can't see or do anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2012

My complaint is just the same. I brought a 50" HD DLPTM Rear Projection TV (PT50DL14) from BJ's on 10/2006. Today it blew. The TV won't stay on for more then a minute, all I see is 3 blinking lights (timer, lamp and standby). I've called BJ's but my 2-year protection plan expired in 10/2009. There is no good working numbers for Akai and no one fixes these TVs. I paid $1,589.97 in all. Please Help!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2011

Just like most others on here, I think there's a defect in this TV. When I turn it on, in less than 3 minutes it shuts itself off. Many others have had the same problem. I think they need to admit that they have a problem with this TV and fix it. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

My Akai TV is almost 6 years old. It turns off immediately after I turn it on and it will not come on. I wish Akai would admit there is a problem with their TV and repair it. I have a 32-inch TV.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2011

I purchased an AKAI LCT 3201AD TV four years ago. The TV no longer turns on and will not respond to the remote nor will it respond to the manual on switch. I have attempted to contact AKAI USA through their phone number, but it is no longer in service. I have contacted them by email twice with no response. The part which controls the remote and on/off looks like a simple fix but without a supplier this is impossible to fix.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2011

As with a lot of other consumers, I bought a 32" Akai LCD flat screen television from Conn's. After 2 years, the TV just stopped powering on. No problems before, then nothing. Akai is no help at all.

Akai Company Information