3.09/5

44 Rodan + Fields Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 9, 2018

Rodan + Fields has given me confidence. I used to be unfamiliar with beauty products and I was intimidated but now I am not. I get a premium product for a low price, but with good quality. It makes me feel like I am worth it when I am using Rodan + Fields products and I recommend them to my friends. However, sometimes the shipping is a little too slow and they should have some inexpensive shipping methods. I'm being spoiled by Amazon's quick Prime shipping, that I expect fast shipping from other places as well. Nevertheless, I will be a lifelong customer of Rodan + Fields for years to come. I have already started to buy products to give as great gifts for my friends who are looking to buy beauty products.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I was hesitant about trying the products, but I wasn't disappointed. They helped my skin immensely and I was surprised by how much I liked using them as a new routine for my skin. I really like the wide, high quality selection of products offered, each with a different purpose in mind to help your skin appear its best. The unblemish regimen especially helped my acne, and my skin is no longer as dry and dull as it used to be. However, I wish it was somewhat more affordable so that I could make the regimens a regular thing in my life and keep my skin looking its best.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I like the quality of the ingredients and how well they seem to work on my skin. It feels smoother after using the products. It was nice to know they were developed by dermatologists but I dislike the price of the product and that there are several steps. I typically don't spend that much time on skincare and would rather just be able to wash my face, add a moisturizer, and go. Overall, I was really happy with the products and how easy it was to modify my autoships. It was nice to be able to change the items I ordered if I wanted to try something new.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I like that Rodan + Fields employs moms who want to make extra money for their families. I also like that they help with aging lines and the skin care products help you to feel and look younger. The only thing that I dislike or would change about Rodan + Fields is the difficulty to order, you have to know or find someone who sells it and it's on the more expensive side. I don't have a lot of extra pamper myself money, so it's hard to justify paying for it all the time. Nevertheless, my overall experience with Rodan + Fields has been great. I like the product and what it does for my skin. Makes me feel good!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Rodan + Fields seems to work well. It doesn't burn, sting or irritate. It helps skin look better, more youthful, may help to clear up acne or fade previous acne problems. It is hydrating too and softens skin while putting vitamins and nutrients back into the skin, too. The scent is very light, easy to use and soothing. I would buy more products if I could. The price is just a hindrance in my ability to get more products. I have to pick and choose but wish I could get more of the products. I would also like to try other product lines and maybe even purchase product for my teenage daughter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodan + Fields?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I started using the products almost 4 years ago and I tried several products and stuck with the ones I found worked well for me whereas some others were just not worth the fairly high cost. The eye cream is really, really good and I also like the night cream and daily cleansing mask. All the other things, toner, day moisturizer, the intensive renew serum, the derma roller, the hand cream oh my, really a waste of money - way overpriced.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I am very happy to say that I have been using R + F for a while now and I am very happy with the products and results. I have noticed very visible changes in my wrinkles and the tightness of my skin. I am 50 and I was really hating the aging process. Rodan + Fields has helped me to feel good about myself again. I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: April 3, 2019

During my maternity leave, I was depressed and bored. A lady approached me about this product and started selling me R&F. I was already using Paula's Choice which worked wonderfully for me but since I was desperate for interaction I got caught into purchasing a starter kit. For a few weeks I tried their products. It made my freckles worse and I started getting cystic acne. I then developed rashes all over my face. They tell me this is a "purging" portion of the products. Eventually, I just sold them online and got rid of it all to any sucker who would like to try their horrible products out. But let me tell you the only thing that worked was the Lash Boost. But for $150? That's ridiculous.

You can purchase lash serum at YesStyle or Amazon for 1/10 the price. I am just telling you and anyone who is thinking of getting with their program. Don't do it! Those promises to make money, I made more working Per Diem as an RN in a day than a month trying to sell their crap products to suckers. My got my mother in law and my friends to buy from me due to guilt more likely. I'm telling you. Don't spend your money on this... Seriously a waste of money and their products suck.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I received the Soothe Regime for my birthday in February and happy to get this as my birthday present from my family. I use the product as per the instructions but now am breaking out in these red lumps on my nose. They are not pimples as I tried to squeeze one and just blood poured out. I am going back to my old products that I have used for years to see if it is FR, my face is still red so it hasn’t worked to soothe my skin. I would like to tell my consultant but she is my daughter-in-law. So I thought a review would be better to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered the Unblemish regimen for my daughter back in September of 2018. A second shipment arrived in December and was charged automatically to my credit card. I emailed immediately to cancel any future orders as we were not finding the product helpful. I received several replies confirming the correct account email and was told my order would be put on hold for 60 days. I explicitly explained that I did not want the order resumed in 60 days - I wanted it cancelled. My request was ignored and my credit card was charged for a third time. When I phoned to have the charge reversed, I was given the runaround and have yet to see the charge removed from my credit card. Very shady customer service. Do NOT give out your credit card information to Rodan + Fields.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I started using the Reverse Line for Melasma. Not only has it cleared up 75% of my melasma, but my whole face looks healthier. I've had to call their customer service a few times for different things (I've continued to use other products that I'm happy with) and they have always been very professional and easy to talk to. I've returned a product and it was simple and I was refunded immediately.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The Dermabrasion paste is amazing and makes your skin so soft! I am 45 yrs old and use their products for fine lines and have found they work wonderfully. Have tried many other companies and products and these work great for me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Experienced major results. Cystic acne and blackheads are gone. Lashes are extremely long. No more dark circles. No more crepe like skin thanks to the body lotion. I’ve never seen my skin better. 100% worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My daughter bought this very expensive skincare set for me for Christmas. I started using it on December 28th. The first day it tingled and I thought it was just working somehow. The instructions said to use once every other day increasing to twice a day. After the first week my skin was still not tolerating it. I never increased the frequency and just used it every other day. Finally, on January 17th I realized it was damaging my skin. My face hurt all of the time. I called R&F and on the phone they sounded sympathetic. They took all of my info and said someone would get back to me. I asked them to swap out my product for the Soothe line in the hopes that it would be a better match for my skin and that I wouldn’t have to tell my daughter that her gift was burning my face.

Today I received an email with their response. They basically repeated instructions on how to use it and told me to go to my doctor if I was having a problem with it. Not at all the customer service expected or promised by this organization. So I told my daughter about it and she is getting her money back (I hope). I’m not sure it the Soothe product would have worked or not. Based upon this interaction with them they aren’t getting any of my money!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Don’t waste your money! I purchased Active Hydration for circles and darkness under eyes product. Paid $70.00 for a little tube. I follow the directions and product does not work at all. I didn’t even bother to complain and get my money back. Simply I won’t ever purchase this product again. Totally waste of money!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have been pretty happy with these products but what prompted me to write a review was the customer service. FedEx lost my shipment. I contacted R+F after hours via e-mail to let them know. (I did include tracking number and order number.) Early the next morning I received a response saying they were replacing the lost order! I expected they would want to be reimbursed by FedEx first or something. I received a follow-up personal e-mail letting me know it had shipped. My replacement order arrived very quickly. I was very impressed. Customer service like this will keep me a loyal customer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Rodan and Fields has the worst customer service of any business that I have dealt with. Completely rude, and I would say on the border of being unethical with their business practices. I would never recommend their products to anyone!! There are plenty of other quality skin care lines on the market that offer great customer service and you don’t have to deal with a business that puts themselves over the customer!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

First for the amount of money this company charges for their products their packaging could be improved. The jars that the moisturizers come in are very poorly made. The lid on my day cream broke after a few weeks of using it and the cream dried out. Second their PC Perks account is a joke. For $19.95 you can join and receive free shipping on discounts on future orders. Of course you then are put on a quarterly shipment plan where the same products are automatically shipped to you.

If you don't want the products you have to go in and manually change the shipping date or you will receive your last order again. If you receive the products and do not want them you have to ship them back to the company at your expense and patiently wait for them to refund your money. I have tried other facial regimens from other companies and they worked just as well for me as the Rodan + Fields. Therefore no need to pay a lot of money. I will not be ordering from this company again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I would not recommend this company or these products to anyone! I tried Lash Boost and was told after having a severe reaction to keep trying it. After I kept trying it and continued to have a reaction, I called to complain and was told a supervisor would call me back for a refund. They never called me back and I lost a $150. I also bought the Bright Eye Complex and had no results!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I received an order and emailed RF customer service asking if I could return and cancel my membership. I received a reply confirming membership cancellation and instructions on a return which would give me a full refund minus shipping. I returned it by FedEx and received confirmation that they received it two days later. Waited TWO weeks. No refund so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. They responded to the dispute that I never contacted them to inquire about a return, still had an active membership, and said that they never received the product back! All lies!

I have the email chain with my membership cancellation confirmation as well as them informing me that I could return it for a refund and I have the FedEx tracking receipt confirming delivery back to them! So they got their product back but also want their money! They stated they keep very good customer service records and I never contacted them about returning the product! What?!? Not good records at all since I have the whole chain of emails still which I will be sending into my credit card company showing them how fraudulent they are! Buyer beware! I also filed a complaint with the BBB and will consult our attorney if need be. They scammed the wrong person.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

At a party in May I ordered one product through a consultant. All of the sudden in July I received an e-mail from Rodan + Fields that the product was shipped again. What?? I called the company and was told that I was put on auto ship and there was no way to cancel. Once it arrived, I refused the delivery. Now R+F refuses to refund my money. Each time I call it is at least a 45 minute wait. What is really interesting is my credit card renewed with a new security # and revised expiration date. I was told by the bank that R+F put the charge through as recurring and that's how they get away with it.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I like that they have products for different skin types and ages of clients. I also like that they have very unique products and try to offer tools that can help women have better skin. However, it is very expensive and it takes quite a bit of time to go through the whole routine every day. It also takes some time to go through the website and figure out what you need to order. Moreover, it is a little more difficult to have to go through a consultant. Overall, while I had a great experience with my sales consultant, my skin began to break out very badly. I ended up returning the products.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I like that they have products for different types of women and something for everyone. And while they encourage women to be successful in their business, sometimes the women that work for the company feel like they have to be pushy to sell the product because there is so much pressure to be successful. Still, my experience has been good overall. They offer good quality products that you can't find anywhere else and they help your skin. I also like that I can help a friend or family member in their sales.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Everything that I have used has always been top notch quality every time no matter which product it was. I have especially enjoyed the acne specific products that Rodan + Fields provides. Some of the items that I would like to try are a little pricey, but sometimes it is worth it to pay a few extra dollars for quality items. Overall, my experience has been a good one. I will continue to buy the products they put out as long as they are affordable.

Original review: July 8, 2018

It's one of the best selling companies when it comes to skin care products for women. My mother uses it and she has never complained once about it which just goes to show that it's a top of the line product. However, when ordering online it can take a while for the product to ship out and recieve. Other than that, this company is very women centric. They should definitely open up the market for men. It could even be a higher top seller.

Original review: July 7, 2018

So far I am happy with the products. I really liked the Soothe facial cleaner. It made my face feel really smooth and clean and it didn't feel heavy on my face at all. It was easy to use and I didn't need to wash it off after I was finished. The cost is really high, but you can return/exchange products if you don't like them. I am trying something new this week so we shall see how that goes.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Rodan + Fields has a wide selection of products to meet all my skincare needs. The acne product that I used worked very effectively! It took away ninety percent of my acne in two to three weeks. However, the acne treatment that I tried was harsh on my skin. It left my skin very red and feeling very dry. To be fair, I have sensitive skin naturally. Also, the prices of items are too high. Like other beauty items, there SHOULD NOT BE 50x or more markup! Despite these, I was mostly satisfied.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Rodan + Fields makes my skin feel soft. I like that for the most part it is pretty easy steps to each product. The instructions are clear. It is helpful to get them sent to your home. I do enjoy a quality product but the cost of these products is quite high. I wish it would be easier/cheaper to order one element on its own separate from the rest. Also, the ordering system is a bit complicated online, and it would be nice if it could be bought in a store instead of having to order online. And having to use it twice a day is unrealistic. I usually use it once a day. I feel like marketing something that it MUST be used twice a day doesn't make sense, it seems like they just want the people to go through more product so they have to buy more.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have been using these products for 2 and one half years and my skin looks great. I love the facial cleanser/mask and I use it twice a day. I have had people ask me what I use on my face. I like the feature of being able to order and have the products delivered to me personally. Never takes long to get my order and I love the convenience. However, I would like travel size or smaller size products to take along when traveling. I would like to have more specials or discounts on the products as well.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The overall experience with my products that I purchased from Rodan + Fields was good. They didn't do anything that made men exceptional or made them stand out from the crowd, but they had a quality product. They have fairly good products and they have a wide range of products that appeal to all types of consumers. I like that they try to be a little different in what they do and what they offer. I like that they aren't mainstream. But Rodan + Fields are typically a little more expensive than other products that are out there. I would love to see them make their products more accessible to basic consumers that aren't able to buy top of the line products. They could have more variety to achieve this.

Rodan + Fields Company Information