Madison, NJ

3.7/5 (760 ratings)

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: July 12, 2021

I made the dreadful mistake of visiting this facility when I needed a blood test. The tech was nasty and incompetent. She caused a nerve injury. On top of that, she couldn't even keep the bandages clean. I constantly tried to get a hold of their corporate office. Good luck reaching them. One word of advice: stay clearly away from them!

Original review: July 12, 2021

First, my husband and I both made appointments online, and his was cancelled after we got there. We literally drove 2 hours to be told that they didn't have a Covid testing kit on site. Then why let us make an appointment? Next, my lab results just aren't getting uploaded on to their site. I have no idea why it's taking so long, because I received a pdf version. I don't understand what the hold up is. Absolutely awful, don't go here.

Original review: July 7, 2021

They are actually the worst. Do not go there. It's a scam. I just received a $700 bill even though I had insurance. Now they're not answering the phone. I'm receiving the bill over and over again. It's almost impossible to get hold of anyone there. This has been going to 12 months now.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have no complaints about the actual blood draws, but weeks after my lab work, the results still aren't posted in the MyQuest patient portal. What's worse is that daily I received emails that my results were available. After much back and forth, I was told they have a "backlog" in posting results, although this process should be automated. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 22, 2021

There is no other way to put it. This lab is a toilet. Rude, abusive, unhelpful staff. I was so mistreated the last time I went that I contacted my primary care doctor, and they said they have had so many complaints that they are no longer using Quest Diagnostics or making referrals there. Be prepared to be treated rudely and attended by incompetent, lazy staff if you go there. The saying is true. "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care". Medical care must be both competent and caring, and you will find neither here.

Original review: June 4, 2021

It took Quest 6 months to send me a bill for charges not covered by my insurance. However, my insurance company said items would have been covered had the proper codes been used. I tried every means possible to contact Quest through its website and directly and was ignored for months. Then I was sent corrected claim forms but they were supposed to be sent to the insurance company and they included other people's claims which violates HIPAA. The company is clueless and does not care about its patients.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I ordered a simple and common lab test from their website and when I got there I was told I needed a printout of the order and they could not print it out themselves and so my blood could not be drawn for the test. It was a complete waste of my time.

Original review: May 17, 2021

At this point I have to assume this company is fraudulent. Every time my doctor sends test to Quest they always send a massive bill when it's always covered by insurance. This is the fourth time. Quest has my insurance on file because I've had to waste hours straightening out this. No good excuse just scammers. Now I just told my Doctor never send to quest for my test.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I had a blood test two weeks ago today, I have been given the run-around and several conflicting stories about where my specialty tests were sent, the first few times it was Kansas, then it switched to Virginia and that lab is down. I have had to cancel my follow-up appointment 3 times. I am STILL waiting, results STILL pending.

Original review: April 24, 2021

The company does not care the drivers fly up and down driveways and businesses. We say slow down and don't care. I live in Annapolis and business next to our house. They fly in and fly out. At least tell them slow down when kids present. Company sucks. 2nd review and will keep writing em until resolved.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Look for any other alternatives before getting anything done at quest diagnostics. They don’t know how to bill correctly, they don’t know how to handle logistics of lab sample, I’m not sure what they’re half way decent at. They’ve lost my lab samples twice in consecutive weeks. I have a job that is contingent on the results of said labs. This place might cost me a job. Please avoid this horrible place. Their webpage is as bad as their service, getting ahold of someone on the phone for customer support is a nightmare. Please heed the advice here and everywhere else as it relates to quest diagnostics. Avoid them at all costs. Ridiculously unreliable.

Original review: March 25, 2021

If you can, never, ever use this company. I am too upset to explain to yet another site (after BBB, the Attorney General's office, it is so hard to explain bills in paragraphs) what happened but please know Quest lies constantly, cheats and steals. They make it IMPOSSIBLE to reach them to dispute anything. It's now affecting my credit.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Hello, My wife had pregnancy exams conducted with this company. They recurrently made mistakes in billing my insurance company, and even DEMANDED we paid IN FULL upfront when they couldn't confirm we were insured. Also, they are unreachable by phone. I was able to get them on the phone ONLY ONCE after 2 HOURS waiting, the call was disconnected shortly afterwards and they never called back. At this point, they sent us to DEBT COLLECTION, WITHOUT CALLING OR EMAILING US even once. I am NEVER going to use their services again if I can avoid it.

Original review: March 5, 2021

First, Quest's online appointment scheduling does not work. It doesn't matter which office, what date or what you select from the "available appointments" section, it will tell you the time is no longer available. Then you have to select another option, fill out the form again, only to get the same result. They don't publish their phone number, but you can find it by searching online. When you call, they do not allow an option to speak to anyone, and if you choose the appointments option, there is a long silence and then disconnected. I even tried for appointments that are 6 months out, only to get this same result.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Made 1 trip to the one on NE 12th Street, Gainesville, FL. Got there about 12 pm, signed in on the Kiosk, waited about 50 minutes, called me in to enter, had me waiting in another chair for about another 1/2 hour, then called me to another chair where I was asked for my personal information. Then, I was told that nothing was in the system for me. I left and called the Point of Contact who made the appointment, and sent the information to them by Fax. She made another appointment for me at 2:45pm, and emailed me the confirmation number.

I got there at 2:35pm, signed in, waited another 1/2 hour in the same chair I sat at before. I was attended to by a lady, and she said the same thing as before, nothing in the system. I called the POC from the lab, and the POC said that she faxed over the documents about 3 times. No one never went to check the fax the first time I went there for the 12pm appointment. It’s only when I spoke to the lady on the other side, when she stated that she had faxed over the documents, then she went to check the fax, and there was my paperwork. Then it took another 1/2 hour for the lady to enter the information in the system. Very inconvenient.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I had a cholesterol test done and the results came back high. I doubted the results so I went to Lab Corp 11 days later. The results were 44 points lower and in my normal range. 6 months later my dr. ordered a full work up for my annual visit to reevaluate my cholesterol medication. I as surprised as my dr. to discover there was no cholesterol or stool report done. Although Medicare was charged for both services. Unfortunately, I now had to wait 6 weeks before I could go to a reliable lab and have it covered by my insurance. These mistakes are monumental and unforgivable. I failed to mention the condition of my arm after each visit, which takes weeks to heal.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The earliest scheduled appointment I could make was for next Monday, Mar 1. I did that, unhappy with the week-long delay. My doctor wanted this blood test done "urgently". So yesterday afternoon, Feb 23, I arrived at 2:05pm and signed in for a walk-in appointment. The computer predicted a 38 minute wait. I waited outside. At 2:55, a technician assured me I would be taken in. At 3:00pm, another technician announced to me and another individual that the the office was "closed". Not closing, but "closed. I was told to go home. No one would take my blood test. They were going home or on to "other jobs".

This was shocking. The computer could have accurately predicted I would not be accommodated in the time available. Instead, it encouraged me to wait. Now, even polling stations allow those in line to vote past the cut-off hour. Quest should have done the same. It didn't. So, I showed up this morning, Feb 24, at 6:10am, for what became a long 90-minute wait in my car before having my blood taken. This is unacceptable! Quest needs to extend its hours, or hire more people, or both. And improve its processes. But treating patients like this shameful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The worst billing system in the world. I did bloodwork on 12/20 and handed them my updated insurance card Blue Cross. They took it but NEVER updated my file. I sent them my 20% with a note to send the bill to blue cross but they NEVER DID. That means they're NOT in too much of a hurry to get their money. They LOVE to harass the patients. If I were you I would think TWICE before going there to do bloodwork. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

My experience with Quest was awful. I went to get routine blood testing and gave them my insurance and information, as generally done. They apparently took my insurance number incorrectly and spelled my name wrong. Therefore, I was later contacted by debt collectors - and my credit rating marked - saying that I did not pay my bill. I paid the bill (almost $400) to get it sorted. I then contacted my health insurance, as well as Quest Diagnostics, probably around 10 times back and forth to sort out the issue. In the end, Quest did not work with my health insurance and would not return my money to me, even though I was privately insured at the time. Almost $400 is a lot of money to lose and be told “sorry, no can do”. In a situation where I had done everything I was meant to do, I am appalled that the company would not right the wrong they had done. Would NEVER use them again. Save yourself the stress and money and go to a different lab.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Quest website is TERRIBLE. I requested test results 5 times 96 hours after testing. Received the exact same result of one test on all three categories. Still do not know my A1c? I will NOT RETURN IN THE FUTURE FOR ANY TESTING!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Tried for a week to get a hold of the billing department. Line was busy for days. Finally reached someone after holding for over 20 mins. Said they will look into an issue. Also, don't understand why Quest charges 4 to 5 times more for some blood draws than other companies. I gave another lab the cpt codes and couldn't believe the price difference. It's a shame.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Refused to accept Dr.'s order over phone. Finally took the Dr with me to the appointment. Was told results would be faxed to Dr. Still waiting for that fax 12 days later. Asked for results online 7 days ago, still nothing. Spoke with customer service agent today, told that she doesn't care that I need my results for another Dr.s appointment tomorrow morning.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

In May of 2020, my wife and I made an appointment for a COVID-19 Antibody test through QuestDirect, a division of Quest Diagnostics, and was completed at their office in South Pasadena, FL. We had to pay (we used AmEx) prior to the blood work being drawn. We asked for a receipt for the services performed at payment time and they told us they had no way to provide us with a receipt and we would need to follow-up with Billings to obtain one.

Nearly eight months later and after several unsuccessful phone and written attempts, we have a formal response that they still cannot provide us with a receipt for services performed. Apparently, we “agreed” to not receive a receipt? News to us! This is simply unbelievable and it causes one to question if this strange record keeping is a one off or consistent in their business. What they do not understand is that we - not them - can file a claim with our health insurance provider but we NEED A RECEIPT! The long-awaited response today is simply hard to believe.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My family and I have utilized Quest services for years. Those at the local facilities are always friendly and professional, and in the past have referred several friends and family members. I recently went online to MyQuest to update my email and new home address. The system did not function properly and ultimately I was locked out. After two weeks of attempting to contact someone at Quest, including senior management, someone in the IT department finally responded and resolved the issue.

What concerns me is that several phone calls, emails, and even a written letter to their corporate office including the vice president of customer relations or the patient advocate office would respond. I ultimately shared this experience with my doctor and he acknowledged that several of his patients have had issues with Quest and he was no longer recommending them. Prior to writing this review, and looked over previous reviews and it appears this company has a history of poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I kept receiving billing for a service through Quest. Via the Customer service line on multiple occasions I asked that they bill my secondary insurance to which the cs rep agreed. This was never done, this was confirmed. Then I get a note from collections! If there was less than one star to give I'd give it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Since Quest has changed recently, I have had nothing but problems with their ESCREEN set up. Can not go back and make a comment when you need to, shy bladder causes screen to forward out and cause an incomplete test. And a incomplete test that should be good to go is now defunct and cannot be re-done. It is completely user unfriendly and not forgiving. I have called Quest, and they tell me they can not help me, it is a ESCREEN issue. Funny thing is I have no issues at all with ALERE on ESCREEN. These problems have caused donors to have to come back in to retest and many drive from far. The burdens put on donors and collection sites is TREMENDOUS!!! I so look forward to using FORMFOX!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I called about a billing issue. Was on hold for almost a half an hour before the most ignorant person picked up the phone. She didn't want to hear what I had to say or really let me explain anything. She stated she can suspend my billing until it gets sorted with my insurance. I said, "Please do that." She said, "Ok it's done." I thanked her and she hung up on me. Very poor customer service on Quest's end and I can see why almost all of their reviews are bad.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

So the billing experience I have with them is horrible. I got 4 bills back in April of 2019 which were correct and were paid off using their online system two weeks ago. I get a collocation notice for those same invoices that were paid in full and cant even get anyone on the phone and when you do get them on the phone they hang up on. I wish there was a negative star to give these unprofessional horrible company. I don't recommended anyone using these labs. They get paid very high from our insurance and our pockets and we deserve respect. They will be hearing from my lawyer very soon.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

We purchased "At home Covid-19 active infection kits" back in September. My husband & I needed them for travel and to avoid a 14 day quarantine at our destination. We canceled the trip & didn't use the kit. Their policy states that the kit expires 70 days after purchase. If it goes unused, they would refund us our money automatically. Well, that didn't happen. I called several times & got nothing but run around. I talked to 5 different people & was given 3 different phone numbers to call. 2 of those people tried to tell me that I'd have to wait another 70 days to get my refund. That's when I read them their own refund policy off the website only to leave them stammering for excuses.

I ultimately called my credit card to disputed the charges & got my money back that way. This is shameful considering the kind of year 2020 has been not to mention it's Christmas time. People are trying to put a nice Christmas for their families & this business thinks they can keep people money with no services rendered. SMH!! Go to LabCorp instead. They know how to run a business properly & professionally.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

You cannot ever reach a human being, ever. Can't reach anyone at the local center, anyone to discuss a bill, can't make an appointment on the phone OR on the website. Quest likes to make money, yet they DO NOT want to share it with human beings. They hire human beings as sparingly as possible. The IVR is nothing but "press this" and "press that" and eventually you will not reach a human being but be forced to hang up, or the IVR will hang up for you.

This company is just grossly capitalistic: they want to make all their money ON HUMAN BEINGS and all their tests, yet they don't want to hire CUSTOMER SERVICE employees. They want to make their money here, but refuse to employ people--aside from drivers and phlebotomists. HIRE SOME HUMAN BEINGS---IN THE DOMESTIC MARKET OF THE UNITED STATES WHERE YOU MAKE ALL YOUR MONEY---TO DO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I hope the government finds its way to fining QUEST for being in medical care and services, yet categorically refusing to provide services.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information