2. Miscellaneous

Madison, NJ

3.6/5 (545 ratings)

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Shellie in Waterford, CT acted like a psychopath. Condescending and complaining all the time I was there. I can tell she was very unhappy with her job there. Scary. She did not make any sense. She told me not to talk but she was talking constantly and I was not feeling safe while she was taking my blood. I had had a terrible experience in East Lyme the other day too. The employees are not happy and bad customer services. It does not feel safe with someone who is not happy to insert a needle into your arm. I avoid those two offices.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I am at high risk for COVID. I had to go to Quest for necessary bloodwork. There was another patient sitting in the lobby not wearing a mask. I chose to wait in my car to avoid being in the building and hoping that the staff would correct the person who was in violation of their own policy and executive orders that are still currently in place for masking in medical/healthcare settings. When I got a text to come back in I re-entered and asked if they were ready for me. I was told I would have to wait and was told to have a seat. I informed the staff member that they were allowing other patients to be in the lobby (and by extension in the rooms where the tests are being done) without masks and due to my personal health conditions it was not safe for me to be in the facility while there was an unmasked person.

Instead of telling the other person to put on a mask I was instructed to sit further away. I said I could not sit there and would need someone to come out and get me or call me when they were actually ready to take me. This did not happen. After 20 minutes I sent my husband back in to see how much longer it would be and was told they were now ready for me. The other staff member who was checking me in had their mask hanging under their nose for most of our interaction, and was also taking the mask off to talk on the phone when she had to call to get a lab code. Extremely concerning as I already stated I have a health condition. Due to the fact I was taken 30 minutes after my prescheduled appointment and the unsafe environment I had to leave without getting the labs I needed ahead of a critical doctor's appointment. Stay far away from this service center as it is poorly run and they do not care about your health.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The only reason I used them because of my company requirement. The problems with scheduling as they cannot keep their records straight. Another problem with medical stuff and equipment. These people are amateurs with toy-like medical equipment. My blood pressure was 30+off my regular as they use $10 BP monitor and suggested to go to emergency room. I would not trust their vital results either.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Quest is always consistent in being poorly run…always a ridiculously long wait even with an appointment…computer issues everytime I come.. Come on..,nobody has time to wait 2 hrs for a blood test..get it together.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I had two different medical bills with this company and did not receive a copy from them. The labs had been sent out from my medical provider's office. I had double insurance at the time and for some reason Quest did not bill my insurance. I only found out that I had a bill from my credit report as due to Covid I experienced hardships and had to move twice. The customer service representative was abusive and unhelpful when I called for help with this bill. He interrogated me and played games when I tried to recall who my primary insurance was through. He acted as though I was trying to be deceptive when all I was trying to do was get this straightened out. He yelled at me and I demanded to be transferred to a manager at which time he then disconnected me and I have now been on hold for an additional 20 mins.

There was no reason for this bill to be sent to collections. Quest was able to see and bill my insurance but chose not to. The representative was able to see who my primary insurance provider was but chose to ignore this and carry on in an abusive manner and yell at a customer. This company should remember that WE ARE CUSTOMERS. I will avoid Quest Diagnostics at all cost in the future. No one should have to deal with this kind of service from a healthcare company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have a doctor's requisition for testing. Came on Monday and the kiosk told me there were no appointments available for the testing that I need. No appointments available within a reasonable time frame (3+ months) in my area (10001). I left. It's now Thursday. Ridiculous wait times at location for walk-ins and there are only 2 phlebotomist working. I'm still here and I've been waiting 1 hour and 10 minutes. Have to go back to work now so maybe I'll check out LabCorp next time. PS:. I'm number 7 on the walk-in list and they just knowingly let number 8 to go ahead of me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Quest inability to perform a simple COVID test and do the billing cost me a very expensive flight re-plan. Local tech incapable, and worse, the next level of management simply didn't want to help. If it's important -- avoid Quest Diagnostics. This is not "health care" but rather "health we don't care."

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I went in to my appointment and there is nobody in the office to help. They have a machine that tells people to press the buttons. Then it asked for my phone number and having a new phone I didn't know the number. After about 10 minutes one of the people waiting in line offered his help. He got my phone number and after about 10 more minutes I was checked in! They should hire an office person or security guard to help check us seniors in!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

This company's website and app are absolutely awful. I need a COVID test to be able to attend class so I went to the student union where Quest Diagnostics were conducting COVID tests. I got tested TWICE and never received my results! I emailed them about it and it said that I could not receive the results due to having an incorrect address in my account which isn't true. So I tried to fix it and it automatically locked me out of my account for 72 hours which was problematic because school started in 2 days.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I have been using Quest for years. I have also been going to the same site. I figured, why go somewhere further when this site is only five minutes away from where I live. I come in there and see the same people all the time. I like that they are not biased. When I come in they are very professional, they get you in and out. I have only waited a few minutes every time. I really think the woman is catching a bad break at the site in Phila, Pa. on North Broad Street. I think I am going to do something nice for them, like maybe some donuts or a few gift cards. This is sad people need to direct their meanness to whom or whatever made them mad. Go to this site and see for yourself they are amazing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I made an appointment for a lab test. I paid upfront for the procedure. When I arrived at their office, I signed in and within a minute, my name showed up on an electronic bulletin board giving patients their wait times. My wait time was noted as 2 minutes. Approximately 1 minute before I was to be called, a nurse stuck her head in the waiting room, pointed at me and said "You're next". Approximately 8 minutes later, my name disappeared off the bulletin board.

When I questioned a nurse about my appointment, I was told they had no record of me having an appointment. I explained they were showing my name electronically plus I had an appointment confirmation number given to me when I made the appointment. I was told to use their sign in register and to make a "walk in" appointment if I wanted to have a test run. I re-registered and during the start up of my appointment, I saw my information already posted from my initial appointment plus showing it prepaid. An opinion, incompetence or a deliberate cancellation by a nurse not wanting to see me. What do you think?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I make my appt to get my lab work. The unprofessional person there had an attitude. Tells me come in fasted. I did at 11am I checking as a walk in. I waited for 45 mins. Came back in. The unprofessional lady told me it doesn’t mean anything as a walk in because their device doesn’t work. Then she tells me to come back at 2 pm fasted and I’m already fasted since morning and still tell me to come back because she’s going on her lunch. Wow dirty attitude. Rolling her eyes. Basically I did her work by calling my doctor and my doctor ask me for her fax number and she still gave me the wrong information. Warning everyone. Don’t ever go to Quest in East Haven because you’ll never Quest your lab work. This lady was a nightmare for me. Goodbye forever.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Like everyone else has said, my experience was negative. I've gotten hundreds of blood draws throughout my life. It is only at Quest where their phlebotomists have messed up and I've gotten nerve damage from it. The first time was in December 2020. I went to a Quest near Jericho, NY to get a test for COVID antibodies. The phlebotomist missed the vein and struck a nerve. I experienced an electrical shock and it was very painful. For the next three weeks, my arm hurt when I moved, with both numbness and tingling.

The second time was in August 2021 (five days ago). I needed routine blood work and went to a different location, one located in Roslyn, NY. Unbelievably, the phlebotomist here had NO CLUE what they were doing. And once again, I had pain when they took blood from me. My arm was sore when I left and there is still a bruise. When I move my arm a certain way, I have an achy feeling-the same feeling when you pull a muscle-that extends throughout my arm. Once again, for the second straight time in a row and within an eight month timespan, Quest Diagnostics messed up the blood draw. Again, I've gotten probably hundreds of blood work with no issues. But from Quest, there is always an issue. I will never go back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

They put a sign in window. Never bothered to contact those of us scheduled. Inconsiderate, I changed my whole work schedule. They take your number and email. Couldn’t send out a text. Inconsiderate. I will be going with another co from now on.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Needed test to enter Aruba, who lists Wal-Mart and Quest Diagnostics as source for PCR test. Took the test within the 72 hour window and did not receive the test results in time. Called and sent several Result Requests and never was contacted. I had to get another test while in Miami awaiting my flight because Quest Diagnostics failed. Additionally, I signed up on their MyQuest site and still do not see the results. Do not use this company if you need the results to enter the country within 72 hours of arrival, it will be a waste of money and time as Quest Diagnostics will fail you and you will end up spending more money to get another test.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I called at 1:38 , My appointment was at 2:45, sign in at 2:43 and the system said I was 10 min late and took me as a walk in! Over 1 hr wait. The lady told me next and took a guy in. Liar and they don’t care!! The lady told me ten min But she kept taking others before me! Having me wait over an hr!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Quest has a customer be damned attitude. My doctor sent them a prescription for lab work on a Thursday and when I arrived at the local Quest facility the following Tuesday they said they didn't have it. I'd brought a copy of the prescription with me just in case, but the phlebotomist, who said she was the unit supervisor, said she couldn't draw blood because, the doctor who wrote the prescription hadn't provided her address. I asked why the address was necessary and was told that they didn't know where to send the test results without it. I said how about sending them to me. They said they couldn't do that.

I said I could give them the doctor's address but they said the doctor had to provide it. I asked them to check for the script the doctor had sent them and they did and found it, but it also didn't have the doctor's address. I didn't think to ask them to draw blood and check later, but they undoubtedly would have refused as their attitude was basically "we can't help you" rather than "what might we do to help". When I called Quest customer service to complain and noted that the local facility had my script for 5 days and had done nothing to check it, they said "Oh, we don't check the scripts till the patient is there." From now on I'll use LabCorp. I hope they're better.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Had several experiences already when the lab is holding the specimen for 1-2 weeks in order to release the results. This is ridiculous since we are not able to find enough arguments for our prospective employees of why their hiring process has been stagnated and they decide to move on. It takes the whole process to bring competitive employees to our team and once found we cannot just lose them because of Quest lab incapability to provide service we pay for on time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I tried scheduling a employer-requested drug test. Many sites had wait time of 2 or more weeks. Tried speaking to a human on the phone. Called several times, recorded messages stated long wait times. Apparently, they do not have enough staff to handle their commitment to test for employers. Called several locations. Found a few locations that handle walk-ins. Called them. Called one, they said there is a 3 hour wait in the parking lo t before you will be allowed inside. How nice to have everyone waiting in 95 + degree heat in your car before being allowed in. July in SW FL is usually 95-105, high humidity. How healthy of them!

Called another, they said to come down as it was first come first serve, come down and wait in the parking lot for your number to come up and they will call you on your cell. Went there, a little bit of a drive. When I got there they said they were no longer doing drug tests as they were swamped with other tests. What a circus run by clowns! Quest seems to be more concerned with running lean to keep profits up. Every location I spoke to said they were understaffed. Why pay to have enough employees? Their philosophy is: Let the customers suffer with third-world service.

Tried scheduling a employer-requested drug test. Many sites had wait time of 2 or more weeks. Tried speaking to a human on the phone. Called several times, recorded messages stated long wait times. Apparently, they do not have enough staff to handle their commitment to test for employers. Called several locations. Found a few locations that handle walk-ins. Called one, they said there is a 3 hour wait in the parking lot before you will be allowed inside. How nice to have everyone waiting in 95 + degree heat in your car before being allowed in. July in SW FL is usually 95-105, high humidity. How healthy of them!

Called another, they said to come down as it was first come first serve, come down and wait in the parking lot for your number to come up and they will call you on your cell. Went there, a little bit of a drive. When I got there they said they were no longer doing drug tests as they were swamped with other tests. What a circus run by clowns! Quest seems to be more concerned with running lean to keep profits up. Every location I spoke to said they were understaffed. Why pay to have enough employees? Their philosophy is: Let the customers suffer with their third-world service so they can save a buck.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Literally the worst experience I could imagine trying to get basic pre-drug test answers. All I wanted was to speak to a representative, or see some kind of list of supplements and medications I should be concerned about that have the potential to give 'false positives' as the job I'm applying for is very important to me. After probably 30 minutes of being jerked around by an automated system, I finally got a customer service rep who, when I asked the above inquiry said, "No. Sorry. Ask your doctor."

This place honestly sucks, but they probably have a monopoly. Don't use them if you don't have to, I've had other experiences with them in the past including them sending me a 400 dollar bill after my doctor ran tests that told me wouldn't cost me anything additional. Total garbage company from my 2 experiences so far and I literally don't ever leave bad reviews. I'm not just some guy that's always angry, I go out of my way to leave good reviews for people/businesses that are even half-way decent. This place is terrible, I'm sure they have kind/competent individual people within the company, but as a whole, they deserve to go out of business.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Whoever I talk to in person or online or over the phone always acts like it's just the biggest pain ever. All I wanted was a COVID test and they sent me from one location to one 40 minutes away because "they take your kind of insurance." When I got there, they told me they don't. I had to spend 15 minutes on the phone with the corporate office for the people to realize they've screwed me. When the should-be 15-minute process turned 3-hour process was over, I waited 3 days and then followed the instructions on how to get my results. After 2 more days and several hours dealing with rude customer service, I STILL can't get my results from their broken website and the employees just act clueless. Genuinely the most frustrating company I've ever dealt with. I want to say it's the "system's" fault but honestly, the PEOPLE could have done a much much better job navigating me through the system and not treating me like I'm a terrible person.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I've been with the Quest Diagnostics for several years and every time when I have a lab visit, I was hunted with different issues. First is the technical issue: I was trying to retrieve the test result through the online portal, but the system keeps locking me off. After I tried to reset my password, I never received an Email to reset it. Trying to contact the customer service, but never went through. Second issue is the billing they use the wrong medical code to submit the claim to the insurance company, and obviously my insurance company denied this claim because of the medical code error made from quest and I've been following up with them for six months now and they never answered my call or returned my Email. So disappointed with their services and I will soon be switching to another lab test provider. Just a warning to others! Keep away from quest diagnostics.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I went to my primary care doctor at Advantage Care at 1991 Marcus Ave. My doctor said I need blood work up. The lab associated with Advantage Care no longer is open. My doctor handed me papers requesting blood work from Quest and said there would not be a problem. When I went in the Quest office a woman came out and said, "We do not take walk ins" and left. She came back and said, "We will make an exception but you will have to wait after people with appointments." I had to wait a half hour. Apparently doctors do not know Quest rules. The staff was nasty. The one who took my blood was nice.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I made the dreadful mistake of visiting this facility when I needed a blood test. The tech was nasty and incompetent. She caused a nerve injury. On top of that, she couldn't even keep the bandages clean. I constantly tried to get a hold of their corporate office. Good luck reaching them. One word of advice: stay clearly away from them!

Original review: July 12, 2021

First, my husband and I both made appointments online, and his was cancelled after we got there. We literally drove 2 hours to be told that they didn't have a Covid testing kit on site. Then why let us make an appointment? Next, my lab results just aren't getting uploaded on to their site. I have no idea why it's taking so long, because I received a pdf version. I don't understand what the hold up is. Absolutely awful, don't go here.

Original review: July 7, 2021

They are actually the worst. Do not go there. It's a scam. I just received a $700 bill even though I had insurance. Now they're not answering the phone. I'm receiving the bill over and over again. It's almost impossible to get hold of anyone there. This has been going to 12 months now.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have no complaints about the actual blood draws, but weeks after my lab work, the results still aren't posted in the MyQuest patient portal. What's worse is that daily I received emails that my results were available. After much back and forth, I was told they have a "backlog" in posting results, although this process should be automated. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 22, 2021

There is no other way to put it. This lab is a toilet. Rude, abusive, unhelpful staff. I was so mistreated the last time I went that I contacted my primary care doctor, and they said they have had so many complaints that they are no longer using Quest Diagnostics or making referrals there. Be prepared to be treated rudely and attended by incompetent, lazy staff if you go there. The saying is true. "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care". Medical care must be both competent and caring, and you will find neither here.

Original review: June 4, 2021

It took Quest 6 months to send me a bill for charges not covered by my insurance. However, my insurance company said items would have been covered had the proper codes been used. I tried every means possible to contact Quest through its website and directly and was ignored for months. Then I was sent corrected claim forms but they were supposed to be sent to the insurance company and they included other people's claims which violates HIPAA. The company is clueless and does not care about its patients.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I ordered a simple and common lab test from their website and when I got there I was told I needed a printout of the order and they could not print it out themselves and so my blood could not be drawn for the test. It was a complete waste of my time.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information