1.05/5

Madison, NJ

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

303 Quest Diagnostics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Two issues. First: I have tried Quest twice this year for an appointment for blood test at 7 a.m. July test I waited 1- 1/2 hours for my "appointment." Second visit in December at same lab at 7.a.m. I only waited 15 minutes. Second problem: Customer service is non-existent in my opinion. I just received an email that my test results are available at the MyQuest website; but results are not posted.

After I did not receive an email response from online customer help link; I had to search for a telephone number to call. After getting through to a real person, I got the runaround and asked for a supervisor. She also gave me the runaround, and transferred me to a Customer Service office that did not answer or take a message; just disconnected me. Also the live person, would not give me a number so I could call back some other time. No number, no message, no more Quest for me. Lab Corp is efficient and patient oriented and honors their appointments. After all, I am the customer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My previous test results of 08/10/2018 are not available as well. Unfortunately Medicare covers only tests made by Quest Diagnostics. I feel deeply that I express opinion of majority of your patients. If you have doubts please review patients feedback on your website. You are just a sheer disaster, and it is highly likely that a few people died because of your negligence.

Get expert buying tips about Hospitals delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

At Quest at Town Loop, Brandy lead staff. I was behind an elderly male, he was asking if she had called him, her response and facial expression was so rude. Stating to him "I called you three times" and when he told her he was right there she continued to show she was irritated with him and repeated three times with a rude demeanor. I was behind him and was looking at her with a surprise look on my face, so now she turned her rudeness toward me, she asked me, "And what can I do for you!" I told her I am just waiting, she immediately pointed at me then to the area where the seats were while saying, "You need to go sit over there," and walked away. I believe she was pissed because she was working by herself or had a hangover.

She has been the rudest, condescending staff and they call her a lead? Well she was unprofessional to say the least. Then Quest does not have a department for complaints, and it’s obvious she is aware of that so I see why she felt confident with her behavior. The funny thing is when I went to a co worker of the lead to ask can I get a number to make a complaint, she directed me to the lead and when I said she is the person I am complaining about she did not look surprised but gave me a card with a phone number which by the way did lead to any complaint department, but I believe she tried to get me correct or close to the right department. The shame is the way elderly are treated and no one there to put her behavior in check. SHAME.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been coming to Quest as a walk-in for years. The staff was quick and efficient and my longest waiting period was 10 minutes. There seem to be fewer lab techs, more talking of staff between taking appointments. I am now waiting an hour when the white board said 22 minutes. Some scheduled appointments walked in and I understand that they get preference. Is this what patients have to endure in the future? Does this mean one must set aside an entire morning or afternoon to wait for bloods to be drawn? Come on Quest, your management skills should be better than this!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

In the last year I have emailed this company 4 different times and not once did they reply. Do not tell people to email for help if you refuse to help your customers! I mentioned this when I found time to call and they just ignored my complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The website is difficult to navigate and did not answer my question. I went to pick up a kit and drop off a stool specimen. With no receptionist in the waiting area, you sign in to a kiosk and sit and wait. Not customer service driven. When you finally speak to someone somewhere, heaven help you if you have no “code number” like me. Why wasn’t I told a code number??? Very poor set up and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Misleading Test Panel Description on Website = Not What I needed - On the website, the testosterone panel is listed as "Male Testosterone Panel"... that is all it describes. Come to find out, it only tests for "total" testosterone, not the "free" as well. Neither word is mentioned in the product description. For $69, it should be a comprehensive panel.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I sat in the waiting room for an hour and 15 mins for a service that is suppose to be 15 mins... I was told the computer is down with an attitude. I was number 7 and they come out and ask for number 9. This whole process should be 2 mins... I left without taking the test.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I went to Quest Diagnostics in Fairview Park, Ohio. They did NOT check any identification. I was there for pre-employment lab work. On the bulletin board in the blood drawing room, there was a notice that the technician would check my identity 3 times before doing any lab work. She simply asked my name once. I could have been anyone giving my name. When it was time for the urine drug screen, she simply pointed me in the direction of the restroom and told me to leave the urine on the counter. I had all my belongings with me. I could have easily provided someone else's urine. I am an RN myself with an international Masters' Degree in Healthcare Administration. I have written to Quest Diagnostics and am awaiting their response. The technician there is putting them at great risk.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

After scheduling an appointment online I attempted to also complete the registration online form. I attempted to verify my insurance information several times & continued to receive error warnings. Cannot reach this company by phone & speak with someone for help. Only reached a looped recording.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

It was my first time at the Fairmount location in Towson and the tech that drew my blood was named Shania. She did not give clear directions as to where the draw room or restroom for my urine sample was, she was rude and would not answer simple questions like “where should I put my sample” just pointed instead. Barked orders at not only me but my husband who was there with me. And when I felt faint afterwards she said I was fine and rushed us out. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a Quest location and will not be going back!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Quest Diagnostics located on Turkey Lake Rd and Gore in Orlando Florida Is filled with bunch of Unrespect employees, racist, and with poor knowledge of their jobs. Every time you visit such locations bad attitude it’s what you get as a patient.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

In one of the 3 locations here in Ocala; an older couple received no help at sign in... All locations had multiple jabs - some left bad bruising. Saw roaches at 1. Had to ask tech to put on gloves... Will Not Return!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Drove 30 miles for the blood draw. The staff was very nice and I was seen at my appointment time. However it has been 2 weeks and no results either to me or my doctor. I drove 883 miles to make my doctor appointment. The doctor does not have my results so I do not know if my 9 weeks of radiation has killed my cancer or not.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My doctor sent me to Quest for a blood test. The girl that took the test said it might not be covered by Medicare, I said okay. She took one vial of blood and I got a bill for $500.00. I looked up the test online and the cost ran from $19.00 to $100.00. How do they get away with charging these outrageous fees, I will fight this!! The girl doing the testing was just plain nasty.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Called in to schedule an appt. for biometric screening. The lady who answered the phone was very rude and short. She was practically yelling and very impatient. Horrible customer service!!! That is not how to talk customers. Shouldn't be able to tell you've had a bad day!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I applied for a job which of course a drug test was mandatory. I've taken a ton in my life and all tested negative. Even all my annual exams are perfect. I had been emailing the employer awaiting a start date constantly. They kept insisting that they were waiting on my drug test to come back. Finally I get a call to call and speak with someone concerning my results.

Come to find out they claim I have ** in my system. Which means I am not eligible for employment. I cried my eyes out and said this has to be a mistake. I then asked who was the lab that performed my drug testing... QUEST DIAGNOSTICS! IM BEYOND FLOORED AND HURT. Not sure if they confused my hair sample with someone but I've never in my life used COCAINE. Worst lengthy waiting process ever and then to tamper with my sample or mix it up really hurts. But I'm lawyer bound.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The absolute worst phone service, it's a constant loop of "press 1 for this, 2 for that" and you never reach a person, OR it hangs up. A total waste of time. You can't contact a location directly to check and see if your Dr's order has been received. It's obvious. Quest does not want to deal with anyone directly, subtext is: "We don't care about our customers."

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Sign in process: Quick and easy. Wait time: TERRIBLE! Customer Service in the front desk office: They are terrible, rude, so much attitude, and disrespectful. They treat you like you are nobody. Refuse to listen to you and just brush you off quickly. Lab Technician: Every time I go there, I get poked at least 4-5 times. I thought it was just me but my husband also said they did the same to him and it hurts (It's not suppose to hurt) compare to other places he goes to before. They don't hire experience people to do the job. They all look like they don't know what they are doing with no education. DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION: 5418 La Palma Ave, La Palma, CA 90623.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The Quest Diagnostics website is absolutely the worst of the worst, and Quest's customer service is non-existent. It is obvious that Quest does not care about its customers/patients. Forget trying to contact Quest by telephone-- that is, unless you want to pay a bill. Quest does not provide any customer service phone numbers. I had routine tests done on 10/18/2018, and I have been unable to get the results. The foregoing review solely provides my personal, subjective opinions, beliefs, and interpretations.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had appointment at 11:45am but arrived 10:20am in hopes of getting in a little earlier due to my busy schedule. I thought that way I was covered with my guaranteed appointment time or earlier as a walk in and I thought their schedule takes arrival time into consideration. NOPE! To my dismay I kept getting bumped back by walk ins (not patients with appts). Several walk ins came in AFTER me and they were seen AHEAD of me. Also at 11:40am a patient with the same appointment time of mine (11:45am) came in and she was seen before me! When she signed in, her name got put on the monitor before mine even though I had been waiting over an hour and 20 minutes. She was called back about 11:47 and they didn't call me until 12:06pm. The one positive thing I have to say is the person taking my blood did a good job and only had to jab me once.

Quest must be trying to cut back on personnel and expenses because they don't even have a person at the front desk. If you have a question there is nobody to ask. Several (elderly) people made a special trip in trying to made a future appt and there was nobody to help them. Also, while I was waiting (over 1 1/2 hours) I noticed several people trying to drop off specimens and did not know what to do since there was nobody to ask. So eventually they realized they had to log in the computer system and wait as a walk-in. If they were lucky to catch someone when workers came out to call the next person sometimes they got bumped to the top of the list.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My over inflated bill for a blood panel as a wellness visit is well over a year now. Making partial payments with no help. I see that the payment online has the wrong insurance carrier and I had to question who they billed to. Just got an email back again with no answer. It is the typical nonanswer to my simple question. Avoidance!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been dealing with Quest for over a year. They will not send the claim to my insurance company. I have sent them copies of my cards, handwritten the claim address in big print, called them several times and had to be on hold for 45 minutes or more. They take the information and never send the claim. Now they have sent me to collections - without even ever filing the claim! I have been in medical billing and the healthcare industry for years, and this is the most negligent incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Now it will be past timely filing since it has been a year and 5 months since the date of service. I don't mind paying what is owed, but I pay for my insurance so it will cover services. Any suggestions on who to contact to report this terrible company? Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Horrible! Calling to get help with bills is always painful. Their billing costs are ridiculously high and NEVER pay a bill unless you call and make sure you are being charged the correct amount. I cannot tell you how many times I have paid only to realize they charged the wrong amount, it wasn't coded correctly, and even told me I have no insurance when it was really their issue with the billing. It is painful and if I had a choice I would NEVER use this lab. NEVER pay the first bill, ALWAYS call and don't make the mistake I have paying in trust the bill is correct-it NEVER is.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My Gastroenterologist prescribed a Vit D test and Medicare did not cover cost. I was charged $241 for this test. I googled cost for this test and found tests for $40 to $70 locally. Quest OVERCHARGED me for this test. They should wear a ski mask when robbing people with these exorbitant charges.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called regarding an issue that I had and the representative was very rude. She was laughing at my accent and even had to put me on hold so she can joke about it to someone. I don't understanding how come a big corporation like Quest could have IGNORANT like this working there. A language doesn't mean that you're smart. It's just a medium of communication. DUMB IGNORANT.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This company have the worse customer service (if is real they have a customer service department). Never answer phone calls, emails or request from the mobile app. My samples was lost twice and damaged twice. They don’t care about people health is just money. Please avoid use if you like to be trapped on a never ending road.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have waited 7 days for a thyroid lab test which takes in-house labs 24 hours to complete. Unfortunately I switched insurance companies and I no longer have a choice. I remember Labcorp to be much faster as well. If anyone has a thyroid issue you understand the necessity for quick results in order to adjust medication.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I am now paying a collections company because Quest cannot get the correct information over to the plan manager, Healthsmart for Cigna Insurance. Dealing with Quest has been a mind numbing experience - they are completely incompetent, lazy and assume no responsibility for not being able to properly file a claim with my carrier. I've been trying to resolve this issue for over a year.

Quest says they've filed a claim, Healthsmart and Cigna have never received a claim. If they had received a claim and it was denied, I would have received an EOB or explanation of benefits stating my claim was turn down. Instead, Quest bullies its customers into paying cash because their billing department is too lazy or incompetent to follow up with the insurance carrier or plan manager to have the claim paid for by them. This same issue occurred in 2009 when my wife had blood work done during her pregnancy. It took a year to get Quest to correct the billing code and file the claim correctly. I will never use Quest again. If a doctor says I can only use Quest. I will find a new doctor. It's a shame and ridiculous that I pay over 12,000 dollars a year for medical insurance (that I barely use) and cannot get a 250 dollar bill paid because the provider is too lazy to care.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My blood work was done on Thursday, August 23, 2018. I was told my results would be ready in no more than 7 days. These are thyroid test and I have been very ill. My doctor cannot adjust my medication without these results. Website says if you have not received your results in a week email Customer Service and they will get back to you within 48 hours. A week passed. No results. On August 30, 2018 I emailed Customer Service. 48 hours passed, no customer service, no results. Now it has almost been 14 days! I am very sick. No results! No contact from Customer Service. I told my husband if I die I want him to sue Quest Diagnostics for negligence. This is ridiculous! I am calling corporate headquarters tomorrow. I will use LabCorp from now on.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information