Quest Diagnostics

Madison, NJ

Compare Hospitals

Research top Hospitals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Cost, cost, cost, with insurance?? I visited Quest PSC and was informed, before my blood draw (with doctor's order) and active insurance (that costs me and my family $1800 a month), that I still need to pay $180 for the 6 tests my doctor ordered. There was nothing they could do, I was relegated to pay and could not do anything about it. The wait was long and the phlebotomist was "ok."

I have since began researching this issue and found (in Texas) a patient can chose what lab they want to use. There are a lot more option than I first thought, I now use a small, private lab in downtown Dallas, they charge me upfront (1/3 the price of Quest for most tests). And they provide me a super bill to submit to my insurer and I get the money back. It is a little more work, but they were very informative and walked me through the process. Please, please, please do your research and don't get taken by these titan of industry anymore. We should support local, if you live in Dallas ADX is a good choice, but there are many others that will work with you much better than Quest worked with me. They can reduce prices, examine your insurance, and keep you informed much better than you think. The rules are changing and it's up to the consumer to stay informed.

I give one star because I can't put 0. This is the worst lab, stay away. I just got a bill of 1400 for a genetic pre-natal test that my insurance doesn't cover. I did some research and my insurance company would paid less that 300 dollars. Why Quest Diagnostics can give us the same price, obviously 300 is enough. This is very unfair and dishonest. When I call them they treat me like an idiot. When I ask about the differences about this price and the one they would get from any insurance company, they just said "well this is the test price". Go somewhere else to do your test or at least be sure it is cover before so you can negotiate the price. They are doing more that 1100 taking advantage of a pregnant woman. They just have no ethic.

Billing issues. My routine screening on my lab work is covered 100% on my insurance, as it is with most insurance, for my yearly physical. But it never fails, when I receive my insurance EOB, there is always a balance due. When I phone my insurance provider, they explain that something was coded wrong, this happens every time myself and my wife go, without fail. When we call the insurance, the billing gets corrected, but I should not have go through this each time. Each time we go to QUEST, we even make sure to tell them the lab work is for routine screening, yearly physical. The script is even written routine on it. Watch out people, look at your insurance coverage for yearly physical, most insurance companies cover 100% on physical related procedures. Your deductible is not a issue on routine physical.

On December 2, 2016 I went to Quest Diagnostics in Euless, TX for my glucose tolerance test. I arrived there at 8:40am and signed the sign up sheet. At 8:46 or so I was given the drink. At 8:54am I have finished drinking the glucose drink. Please note the nurse has not recorded any times. I have done it myself. At 9:32am I was called in for my blood to be drawn. I was surprised that my blood was drawn before one hour was up, but assumed that the medical professionals know better. Oh, Lord, I was wrong. My results came up higher. I was shocked since it is my second pregnancy and I have not had gestational diabetes with my son. I told my family members who are doctors about it and mentioned that my blood was drawn almost 30 minutes earlier. They immediately said that my test was invalid and the lab must retake it at its own expense. To say I was upset is to say nothing.

I immediately called my doctor's office and began the investigation. Quest Lab at first said that I would fail the test anyway, which does not even matter and they could not know it for sure anyway. Then when I pushed for the further investigation and explanation of what happened, they refused to accept any liability and said that they have done everything right. They have never refunded my money and I have transferred to a different doctor after this. Sure thing my foot will never step into another Quest Diagnostics office again. I also plan to file a small court claim since accepting the responsibility is not Quest Diagnostics policy and they would rather deal with the court and spending money on a lawyer to represent them.

Been trying to get a claim settled for 7 months. You cannot speak with anyone unless you google the number. Then they tell you they never got insurance letters, never got your letters and they can't help you. How can you lose every piece of mail. I owe zero yet I keep receiving a bill with a balance. I am advising my doctors office to use another lab. I will not go to a Quest Lab ever again. There are better equipped labs. It seem that maybe this is a scam so you will pay the bill even if you don't owe anything just to end the nightmare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

I do understand that we all have to wait our turn but not for 2 hours. This is a lab not a specialized doctor. The phlebotomist are very nice. The administration are giving them so much work to do, from receptionist to entering info about patient. With little help and always short staff, they can not catch up with all patient. The administration should hire staff for entering all info and register patient before seeing phlebotomist to make work more professional and fast. The waiting should not exceed one hours max. Thank you.

This one is on main street Avon, CT. The big chubby curly hair lady that work there was so racist and rude. I was there for a blood work and self-pay. She gave me such a bad attitude and talked down to me like I was below her. She barked at me to pay $600. Up front before doing the test. I told her that I usually pay about half of that every time. Instead of explaining to me nicely, she simply shrugged and said: "well, test costs money!"!!! WoW... what a lovely service mind she has. Not sure if she choose the right path to her career. Everyone else in that healthcare center are always nice. Quest Diagnostics, however, was a different story.

Sat in the waiting room at the office in Kissimmee and not only was I ignored for over half an hour after signing in. The women on the desk spoke to the people waiting like they were something she had just trodden in. Not one did she say "please", "thank you" or anything respectful. Absolute disgusting service, she treated everyone like cattle being herded in! This company should be ashamed of its customer service and prices!!!

On 15 may 2016, I went for blood work. I was inform by the desk agent that I needed to sign a authorizing them to charge me in case Medicare wouldn't pay. I refuse to sign because I didn't want to be held responsible if Medicare wouldn't pay. I just got a bill for 466.00. When I call the 1 1 866 number they tell me they have my signature on their form. I told him how when I refuse to sign the form. So they are going to mail me the form that I supposedly sign. When I ask him for the original form he said he couldn't retrieve it. I told him what if someone took the other form I did sign and use on copier to put my signature on their form. He said he couldn't get the original form to see the signature on that form, because they would not have because I know I didn't sign the form.

The Quest Diagnostic facility on Dobbs Ferry Road in White Plains has been deliberately understaffed for several years. There is only one employee in the entire facility at any time my husband or I have ever been there. He requires quarterly testing and I need it every six months. The wait time even with an appointment is over one hour. I am sure their profit margin is the motive. So my husband and I will vote with our feet and go back to using the lab facilities at a nearby medical building.

I went to the local Quest to get a container for a sputum test and waited 30 minutes to get an agent. Your service stinks, I was told no one covers the front desk anymore. With service like that Vista or another lab tester will get all your business, that's a disgrace. Life is far too short for that kind of business dealings.

Spoke with an agent in August regarding the invoice as my doctor's office submitted a new code for the invoice (Initially doctor's office submitted the wrong code. It was annual physical but they submitted as regular lab work) and the agent told me to ignore the bill and said they resubmitted the bill to my insurance provider. Also said if need be they will send a new invoice however, I got a call from collections agency today after 4 months and said for same invoice they sent the pending dues to collections agency. I never ever got a new invoice from Quest after I spoke with the agent and old invoice when I checked the status of old invoice today it is still active and shows the status as "collections". This is a clear misleading information and cheating by the Quest and their customer service agents.

I had an appointment 11/18/16 at Lake Worth Rd location... There was a billing issue and the person at front desk (Donna) was not helpful at all. Kept saying I had to pay over 200.00. I left, called my insurance co, & their billing and provided overrides until resolved. WENT back and attempted to explain & provide invoice override and she didn't "see" it in system... I asked for her supervisor who she called and said, in my presence "I was giving her grief ". So unprofessional. You have no idea!

Quest Villa Linde Flint Michigan. The receptionist was very rude because supposedly she had to call me several times. She called me behind the window, never opening the window while never looking up. I am a phlebotomist and also have Crohn's disease so I've either drawn blood or had it drawn most of my life. This happened on the 11th and still on the 19th I have a goose egg size lump and bruise. While the needle was in my arm this so called profession turns and starts talking to the rude receptionist. I felt the needle like never before. When I left I had terrible pain running up and down my arm. I have been in and out of Dr offices, labs and hospitals since the early nineties and even when my veins were almost useless because of overuse, I have never experienced anything like this before.

I went to NB location to get blood drawn. Both people that were at the desk did not give me any directions as to what to do. I signed in and they ignored me. I went after half an hour to ask what happened since I had an appointment and the answer was "Uhh". Very disappointing and would not recommend going there again to have blood work done.

Our family's healthcare providers frequently send our blood work to Quest. When it is covered by insurance, Quest writes off 90% of the charges, but when the tests are not covered by insurance, Quest insists on our paying the full amount of their excessive charges (ten times or more what they accept from insurance) or they send the invoice to a collection agency. I am an attorney and live in Short Hills and would love to put together a class action against Quest. Call me if you would like to discuss.

I just received a bill from Quest for over $350.00 for the annual blood test done back in early May 2016, which should be covered by both Medicare and the supplemental insurer. When I contacted Quest via online, they flat told me that, as their policy, they wouldn't give me any information the reason for the payment denial by Medicare, and that I needed to contact Medicare and our supplemental insurer.

I then contacted their customer service via phone, hoping a real person can be more helpful. When I call the toll free number listed on the bill, it only gave me two options: one for getting a copy the bill and another for bill payment. I just pressed "0". To my surprise it directed me to their customer service line. To my dismay, the person named Linda, was very abrasive and rude. I relayed the information I got from Medicare, which was that the documents Medicare received did not meet the criteria for payment. I requested Linda to resubmit the claim with proper information, I was again flatly told that "We wouldn't do that". No explanation why.

Then, she told me that they did not make any mistakes and, if there were, they were made by my doctor. I can contact my doctor, but, based on what other reviewers stated, there is no chance Quest will assist me. But, Medicare is sending me a pack of documents to request for review and re-determination. Let's see how it goes. I will never, ever use Quest Diagnostics in the future!

I've used Quest Labs at numerous times. Each time they photo my 2 insurance cards. I have gotten my third notice on a late payment. Bill only shows 1 insurance billed. Lab tells me they don't handle billing and I must call 800 #. Get told 20-40 min. waiting time to talk to someone. Went online and created a Lab account. Have noticed secondary ins. never shows up even after I've submitted it twice now. I should not have to do their work for them.

I went in w/ an appointment; waited over an hour in a waiting room way too small and there were 15 other people there in a room for no more than 10. The staff were just ignorant, she called my name and when I came to the counter, the other girl said she did not call my name even though everyone heard it. Did not try taking blood from my left arm, only my right because then she would have had to have walked around the chair and put the armrest down so she took it from my right hand, 3 vials, hurt like crazy. I signed up for online results.

Nothing for 10 days and then an email that they can't find my lab results. I call and finally get through and am told they did not take enough blood to do the tests and I would have to come back in. The blood work is required to be done by a certain date so my carrier, Aetna, will not charge me a $600 surcharge in next year's premium. I had already waited until the last minute and now I am being charged the $600 because of these lazy and uneducated people. Quest Diagnostics, Boynton Beach, FL.

I was awaiting a result of my CBC. After eight days, nothing. Contacted them by e-mail, still nothing. Called them, was on hold 30 minutes. Was told by the clerk that they entered my name in wrong. This causes a delay in care.

For exactly a year I've been battling with Quest Diagnostics. I'm billed $482.39 for a standard, routine laboratory test that was absolutely covered under my former insurance (Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Kansas City). Initially, the doctor's office had in fact submitted the wrong coding but corrected it numerous times but the one and only "corrected" claim that Quest Diagnostics re-submitted to the insurance was actually not corrected at all: they simply re-submitted the same claim with the same, wrong coding.

At this point, I have lost count of how many times I've called Quest only to hear "there's nothing we can do", or "your doctor's office has to correct this mistake and re-submit this claim" which again, has been corrected and re-submitted. To make matters worse, the doctor's practice has permanently closed. It seems absolutely ridiculous to have to pay almost $500 when having one of the best insurances in the country because Quest can't correct four letters. Literally, four letters! The absurdity of this situation is incredible considering that the same exact test was successfully covered less than a year before, for the exactly same amount of $482.39.

I'm not entirely sure that this battle is worth fighting any further as I've spent countless hours on the phone between my insurance, my doctor's office and Quest Diagnostics when it's beyond clear that Quest are the ones who have dropped the ball. I suppose that for the sake of my mental health I should probably pay the bill which on principle seems absolutely wrong. Lastly, I've been receiving calls from what seems to be their collection department. They call, leave no voice message and when returning their call, they do not identify themselves and ask for personal information. If you have a choice, DO NOT work with Quest Diagnostics. You will waste so much of your time, energy and ironically, your wellness.

The workers are lazy, rude, and do not explain anything to you! Specifically the one in Rochester, MI has the worst employees that do not know what they are doing. They make you feel uncomfortable especially the lady that worked there 9-6-16 at 8 am. She is a big, rude, nasty, big mouthed lady that should be fired. I DO NOT RECOMMEND COMING HERE AT ALL!!! RATING: -10000000000. VERY FRUSTRATED. I will let everyone know that this is not the place to go to and make them lose consumer business.

Wife has different insurance than me. Quest billed my insurance for her tests, of course rejected. Then sent bills to me. Called them and explained. Tried to give them correct policy, they wouldn't take it, said it had to come from doctor's office. Verified with office that correct information was sent to Quest. They kept billing me, could not get through to their billing. They just repeated every time that it had to come from the doctor. Now they've turned me over to collection agency. Agency they use is bottom feeder that is harassing, refuse to identify themselves (too stupid to realize the phone number show as on caller ID) when they call. Told doctor we'll leave him if he ever sends our lab work to Quest again.

Lab test were considered needed by my doctor, but not covered by Medicare because the incorrect code was used by Quest. Hours on the phone with my doctor's assistant who reportedly informed Quest of the proper code. No luck. They refused to change code, which if they would have been reimbursed by Medicare (a fraction of what they had charged). Out of desperation I offered to pay Quest what they would have received from Medicare. "No, they do not bargain with clients." Their charge was $194, which I decided to simply pay and get them out of my life. Tried to pay using my Visa with their online service. Wanted a zip code, but my zip code was "not valid"? Tried to call them. Estimated wait, 55 minutes!

I tried for a week to get completed lab results put into my account and could never get the customer service people to answer the phone. I was on hold at least 5 times for 30 minutes or more for the people that had the authority to do this without an answer. I am retired from working with service industry companies and Quest is absolutely horrible. They are the poorest managed, customer unfriendly company I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately, my insurance company requires us to use them. It is a good insurance company (Aetna) but Quest gives them a black eye. They are absolutely horrible.

I have had so many problems with these people. Their billing dept. can't seem to read numbers so they always try to Hargrove me instead of my insurance co... Then they treat you like a Nazi treated the Jews, only with me it didn't work. Then they lose my blood sample taken by my doctor and they have no idea what happen to it or most likely they are lying to get even with me. Totally unprofessional set up and immature workers at that place (this is the one in Ocala, FL on SR 200). No positives whatsoever.

I had been at the Venice office. Had my blood drawn but could not give a urine sample. I was given a sterile cup and told I could bring it back. When I did bring it back which was 45 min later I encounter this lab tech with an accent. She told me I had to sign in like everyone else. At that point there was about 15 people there. She refuse to take my sample. This will probably keep me from returning to your clinic.

The location on Caring Way in Port Charlotte has the rudest clerk. I was there with an appt. on the day before a holiday when they were open only a half day. The woman at the desk, who is never nice anyway, was particularly ugly that day. She obviously did not want to be there. She was rude, abrupt and slammed down everything including papers for signature. It was extremely uncomfortable. Fast forward 7 months. Same woman same attitude. She was so rude I thought the waiting room was going to root. It got ugly.

At 12:45 a client went to the desk to complain that walk in were being taken over her 11:30 appt. The clerk said, "get back here!" No apology. Don't care if it was not her fault. She's the front desk face of the company. She's the Comcast version of phlebotomy. She also drew my husband's blood and he came out with bandages on both arms. He said she really slammed the needle in and did it in both arms. I said, "she's mad and took it out on you." His arm is bruised and swelling!

Absolutely the worst attitude of a young ** woman with no customer service skills or understanding of where she is in the medical field. I was there on 7/27/2016 at 9:30am for blood work. Very rude girl. Very disrespectful--very ghetto. She will never draw blood from me again.

Quest used to mail results to you in the mail. But, now they require that you create an account and will charge you extra $$ if you want access to the results after 60 days. But, creating an account is NOT easy because it doesn't get created the same day you register. And then when I finally remembered to go back, it was 62 days later... So now what do I do? NO RESULTS to review prior to going to my annual physical!!! What a Scam.

Quest Diagnostics Company Profile