2. Health and Fitness
  3. Hospitals

Madison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2020

I'm not the type of person that types a review on someone but my experience today made me feel that I need to write this. I was at Quest today the one on Jamacha to do my lab tests, the lab technician was horrible. Her name was "Fayrouz" who took the blood but obviously didn't know how to do it. She hurt me a lot, didn't know where the vein is, and the place of the needle is inflamed and cannot touch it. My arm hurts and I cannot move it.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I made an online walk in appointment and got confirmation code. It was a general blood test for cholesterol and sugar for which I was fasting. When I reached the location at 3270 Arena Blvd, Sacramento, CA.95834. They told me that they are not accepting walk in confirmation and I need to make an appointment on some other day. When I asked them why it is not written online and no notice posted at the site and why it says that walk in are welcome. They had no answer. I called the supervisor and she never respond my call. What kind of service they are providing? People go there for the test and the employees at the center doesn't want to do their job.

Get buying tips about Hospitals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Any company which operates under the assumption that everything can be automated is ridiculous. While this may seem to be a good business model to some, I think it absolutely abusive in nature. Any business which requires customers to basically answer their own questions by not having a live person to speak with is just wrong. Had I had a choice, I would never deal with this company, ever!

Original review: June 10, 2020

I paid for the test online. It said to enter your insurance information and I did but then it asked for payment. Went to the clinic and had the blood drawn. The tech said to be sure to file with insurance since "everything Covid-related is covered 100% by insurance." After 5 weeks of emailing and contacting them, I finally got the results. Insurance said it needed some specific codes to pay but when I finally got someone at Quest, she said, "the test is offered at a discount on our website so it is not intended to be filed with insurance." If insurance covers testing 100%, the $126 I paid for the test is not a "discount." Also, that they asked for my insurance information implies that it IS meant to be filed with insurance.

Original review: June 9, 2020

If you have the option do not use Quest Diagnostics. I'm not the type of person to leave reviews but I felt this was important. I took a Covid test with them along with several other coworkers and half of us didn't receive results after 3-5 days. After 7 days I tried to reach a human being which was nearly impossible. They don't answer messages and I'm pretty sure their patient advocacy email address is fake or just gets ignored because I still haven't gotten an answer. When I finally talked to someone after being on hold for nearly an hour they couldn't find me in their system at all. Now I have to go pay for a test somewhere else because my employer is requiring it. I've been quarantining myself from my family until I got the results and it's been very difficult. I looked at the other reviews and this is not the first time this has happened. I would give them zero stars if I could but the minimum is 1.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I advise never to schedule, walk into, or deal with Quest if you have to use a lab. The clinical staff at the Quest Diagnostics on Federal Hwy in Fort Lauderdale are not even nice enough to be call humans. Humans have a heart. These personnel have no care for the sick. IT IS THE TIME OF COVID. People with cancer, brain tumors, and strokes need lab work. Treat us well on our last days of walking on this earth. Remember that one day your last breath will come and a little bit of human decency goes a long way. Waiting 3 hours in a hot car when you stroked three days ago then yelling as you shuffle to the door is UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I'm 60 years old. I have nothing but admiration for workers who are showing up during the virus-nurses, grocery clerks, lab techs. I can only say that I had probably the rudest interaction I have had in 50 years with a lab tech named "Chanelle". She was insisting I had to mail a specimen in when the lab itself told me I could mail in or drop off, I had already dropped off here another specimen, when you sign in one of the choices is actually to "drop off specimen". This person would not listen, would not let me explain and asked, and I quote "Are you retarded?"

This "girl" was the rudest most ignorant person I have ever dealt with in my life. She walked away without processing the specimen. I ended up leaving as none of the other lab techs helped. I filed complaint with Quest immediately and have not heard back in over 2 days. Avoid this location. READ THE OTHER REVIEWS. THERE IS NO MANAGEMENT HERE, NO CONTROLS AND I WOULD QUESTION THEIR SKILLS AS LAB TECHS.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Their website was very difficult to navigate. It never asked for a payment yet it gave me an appointment and code for a test. When I got there the receptionist did not ask about payment, but the person drawing blood did and she said I had to pay. I said I was never asked to pay but offered to. They said they couldn't take payment and I had to go back on their website to pay. I tried on my phone to use their website to pay and gave up because it was too difficult and left.

Resolution response: May 23, 2020

On day 9, I received an email stating I could review my results at their website. It was there. With the sensitivity of this type of test, I wish they would underpromise and overdeliver when they talk about turnaround time. I am changing rating from one to four stars.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I was informed that my results for my Covid 19 test would be available in 2-3 days. I am still waiting after a week. The only contact available was e-mail. I never got a reply. I not sure what to do next.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I took my 87-year-old mother in law that to do a COVID-19 test. On the day we arrived their computer system was down so they couldn't find the online test that we had ordered even though we had a paper print out in front of us. They made us pay for a whole new test or they told us to come back later when the computer it was back up. Who would ask an 87-year-old person to get back in the car and come back the next day and expose themselves to danger to do this test because your computer system is down? We had no choice but to pay for the test a second time using her Social Security and insurance papers. They didn't refuse to refund us the original test we had bought and charged us a $20 cancellation fee even though it was their fault their computer system was broken.

Good luck talking to these idiots on the phone, they have 200 one 800 numbers that dial all over the US and absolutely no one is willing to help or do anything. Quest Direct is a total fiasco on the backend / Customer service. They had her positive test results for the antibodies and they held them back. They were not going to mail them or email them to us... they were just sitting on them for us to call them. Imagine the hell we went through to track them down? This is from beginning to end a most horrible consumer experience and I wish it on nobody.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information