2. Miscellaneous

Madison, NJ

3.6/5 (440 ratings)

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I used Quest weekly for 3 months for testing. My co-pay was $20 per visit which was paid in advance at each visit otherwise they would not provide testing. I have a receipt for each visit. That was 2 months ago and they still bill my credit card on file every week 3 times randomly for $20 at a time. I have contacted billing 4 times, hour on hold each time, and submitted my receipts. Billing told me everything was settled on the phone each time. Finally have to dispute my over charges with my credit card company. I reported them to the local DA and the DA called me back today. I gave them all of the details and appears there is legal action against Quest for fraudulent billing practices.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

What I've seen when I go to Quest are a bunch of old folks (I'm no spring chicken, BTW) who don't know how to make an appointment, don't know how to sign in using the touch screen, don't wearing their hearing aids or glasses, can't see the HUGE monitor with their name on it (indicating where they are in the queue,) and insist on being walkins and treated as a priority. My personal experience, having made an appointment, was to show up 20 min. before my appt. time, thank EVERY Quest worker I came in contact with, follow their sign in procedure, and be kind to my phlebotomist. Result: I was pulling out of the parking lot at my scheduled appt. time. Boom! I have an elderly friend who refuses to make an appointment because she "has never had to do that before!!!" But seems to love having something to complain about. I hope I never get that old. Love Quest!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Shellie in Waterford, CT acted like a psychopath. Condescending and complaining all the time I was there. I can tell she was very unhappy with her job there. Scary. She did not make any sense. She told me not to talk but she was talking constantly and I was not feeling safe while she was taking my blood. I had had a terrible experience in East Lyme the other day too. The employees are not happy and bad customer services. It does not feel safe with someone who is not happy to insert a needle into your arm. I avoid those two offices.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I am at high risk for COVID. I had to go to Quest for necessary bloodwork. There was another patient sitting in the lobby not wearing a mask. I chose to wait in my car to avoid being in the building and hoping that the staff would correct the person who was in violation of their own policy and executive orders that are still currently in place for masking in medical/healthcare settings. When I got a text to come back in I re-entered and asked if they were ready for me. I was told I would have to wait and was told to have a seat. I informed the staff member that they were allowing other patients to be in the lobby (and by extension in the rooms where the tests are being done) without masks and due to my personal health conditions it was not safe for me to be in the facility while there was an unmasked person.

Instead of telling the other person to put on a mask I was instructed to sit further away. I said I could not sit there and would need someone to come out and get me or call me when they were actually ready to take me. This did not happen. After 20 minutes I sent my husband back in to see how much longer it would be and was told they were now ready for me. The other staff member who was checking me in had their mask hanging under their nose for most of our interaction, and was also taking the mask off to talk on the phone when she had to call to get a lab code. Extremely concerning as I already stated I have a health condition. Due to the fact I was taken 30 minutes after my prescheduled appointment and the unsafe environment I had to leave without getting the labs I needed ahead of a critical doctor's appointment. Stay far away from this service center as it is poorly run and they do not care about your health.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The only reason I used them because of my company requirement. The problems with scheduling as they cannot keep their records straight. Another problem with medical stuff and equipment. These people are amateurs with toy-like medical equipment. My blood pressure was 30+off my regular as they use $10 BP monitor and suggested to go to emergency room. I would not trust their vital results either.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Quest is always consistent in being poorly run…always a ridiculously long wait even with an appointment…computer issues everytime I come.. Come on..,nobody has time to wait 2 hrs for a blood test..get it together.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I had two different medical bills with this company and did not receive a copy from them. The labs had been sent out from my medical provider's office. I had double insurance at the time and for some reason Quest did not bill my insurance. I only found out that I had a bill from my credit report as due to Covid I experienced hardships and had to move twice. The customer service representative was abusive and unhelpful when I called for help with this bill. He interrogated me and played games when I tried to recall who my primary insurance was through. He acted as though I was trying to be deceptive when all I was trying to do was get this straightened out. He yelled at me and I demanded to be transferred to a manager at which time he then disconnected me and I have now been on hold for an additional 20 mins.

There was no reason for this bill to be sent to collections. Quest was able to see and bill my insurance but chose not to. The representative was able to see who my primary insurance provider was but chose to ignore this and carry on in an abusive manner and yell at a customer. This company should remember that WE ARE CUSTOMERS. I will avoid Quest Diagnostics at all cost in the future. No one should have to deal with this kind of service from a healthcare company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have a doctor's requisition for testing. Came on Monday and the kiosk told me there were no appointments available for the testing that I need. No appointments available within a reasonable time frame (3+ months) in my area (10001). I left. It's now Thursday. Ridiculous wait times at location for walk-ins and there are only 2 phlebotomist working. I'm still here and I've been waiting 1 hour and 10 minutes. Have to go back to work now so maybe I'll check out LabCorp next time. PS:. I'm number 7 on the walk-in list and they just knowingly let number 8 to go ahead of me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Quest inability to perform a simple COVID test and do the billing cost me a very expensive flight re-plan. Local tech incapable, and worse, the next level of management simply didn't want to help. If it's important -- avoid Quest Diagnostics. This is not "health care" but rather "health we don't care."

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I went in to my appointment and there is nobody in the office to help. They have a machine that tells people to press the buttons. Then it asked for my phone number and having a new phone I didn't know the number. After about 10 minutes one of the people waiting in line offered his help. He got my phone number and after about 10 more minutes I was checked in! They should hire an office person or security guard to help check us seniors in!

Quest Diagnostics Company Information