1.02/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Madison, NJ

271 Quest Diagnostics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Absolutely horrible, unprofessional, unacceptable experience at this facility in Orlando on 8-4-18. I had the most horrible experience at this facility when I had gone to deliver my specimen. The staff especially one lady by the name of Sheba is extremely rude, arrogant, racist, unprofessional and should not be allowed to work at this facility. Being a handicap patient this is totally unacceptable and this lady should not be working at this facility.

I am a physician and would never send my Patients, colleagues, family members to be treated this way. They are very unknowledgeable, rude and arrogant. This is a reportable act especially cheating a handicap person in this way. The staff there is not knowledgeable and has double standards. Please do not send anybody at this facility till it has changed. Usually in most of the time I’m a very tolerant patient and physician and I have never written such a review before but I think it needs attention So that other patients are not treated in a similar manner. Thank you.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have been using Quest Diagnostic for years and have never had a similar problem to this. I use them only because my specialist is part of a local hospital's specialty practice and requires them to use Quest. Last month I received a bill for 8 tests, 2 of which they said Medicare would not cover. I also have a secondary policy that covers any valid charges that Medicare does not cover and all co-pays. The bill for the 8 tests was for $843, of which Medicare paid for 6 ($62.78 -- writing off $522 as over the contracted amount). They want me to pay $238 for the two additional tests (Medicare rate is less than $20 per test). In addition, they have refused to submit the bill to Blue Cross (confirmed).

"Renee" told me that it is company policy that if Medicare doesn't pay that they expect me to pay the full amount. I got the Doctor to resubmit the diagnosis codes but apparently that wasn't enough. They apparently not resubmitted the claim either to Medicare, and Blue Cross just told me they have not seen it at all. Simple math says that Medicare paid 14% of what they charged, which matches other data readily available. I'm still fighting it but I shouldn't have to fight -- I'm diabetic who just had an emergency diabetes related hospital visit who has just been diagnosed with neuropathy. Checking my B-12 and Folic Acid levels would be a critical factor in discovering why I fall so much. But what do I know, "I'm just a 'dumb country preacher.'"

Get expert buying tips about Hospitals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My daughter has had to retest because they claim to have forgotten to take 1 test. I had to retest for the same thing, and now my son has been waiting for over a week to start a job because Quest has not contacted employer with results of urinalysis, and will not even let us know if they have processed it. This is ridiculous! This company really stinks. I never have this problem with LabCorp. They don't even have a receptionist anymore, just a bunch of chairs and 3 tablets to sign in. There is no accountability whatsoever!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Worst wait for customer service- I was on phone for 40 minutes waiting for CS only to be cut off. I discovered later that this is Quest mode of operation. I am turning 65 and have a choice and will never use this company. Spend some money and get additional help like your competition. Never have I had to wait this long. My day can't stop because of poor service.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I get my results finally but, I didn't understand how the test had a negative reading when I was sure that it would be a "positive". Either way, I gave them a call and there isn't anybody on the other side. It just kept ringing and ringing. It was so frustrating. I called the # from the test result page stating call with questions, if you got them. I hung up. I called again later and again it just rang. Attempt #3 - it rang way too many times for a call service when someone is expected to answer.

Well, finally someone did. I was in shock and disbelief. She introduced the company as QD and then herself and asked what she could do for me..? I told her. She listened. She acted as if she was going to help me with my problem but, then she asked if I was the dr. or one of his staff? I said,"Neither" - I'm the patient. She put me on hold and... that was that. The phone went silent. She had hung up the phone. How rude. Not once but twice. I called right back. I went through the same drawn out steps as the first phone call as I did with the 2nd.

When I finally got through to an actual live person. I explained the situation, told her what had just happened and she said and did this -- "We don't talk to the patients. We talk to the dr." and hung up the phone. That's how I knew that she hung up the phone on the 1st call... I was prepared for giving her the benefit of the doubt but, when she hung up the 2nd time, it just confirmed the 1st time. Does anybody teach their employees good customer service skills, anymore, if so, do you survey them or review them to make sure that they're adhering to co. policy? It's rude and unacceptable and it should stop!! Company people should remember this regardless of what a company sales, makes, services... it's all employee run or robotic. My attention is for the employees.

A company is nothing without the consumer. If the co. can't keep the consumer happy due to the co. employees' behavior or qualifications are lacking, I would think as a co. that it would matter more to you that the consumer, that's floating your boat, is happy... hence checking your employees skills, retraining, or firing of such. There are too many qualified, unemployed people out there that would just love to have a job and love doing it well too, according to the co. policy. I'm going back to where I was treated better...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: June 28, 2018

The lady technician assigned to me was mumbling throughout her work on a computer and even through to the blood drawing. She had to get a supervisor to enter the orders from my Dr. as she clearly could not do the computer work. Then after the computer work got done, the lady technician mumbled about how many tubes my Doctor had requested and made a comment about "something must be really be going on with you". Then she started my stick... And even though I have a huge vein in my arm that has never been a problem for blood drawers over the years (I am 72 and have had lots of surgeries and tons of blood drawing), the stick hurt and she moved the needle around a few times until finally when changing tubes the stick really hurt and I jumped. Blood flew everywhere and she began saying out loud "you pulled back... This is your fault." I 100% disagreed and told her I wanted someone else immediately.

I did let the next male technician proceed with the other arm after stopping the blood from spurting in my left arm. He seemed reasonably experienced and said he had 5 years worth. So, I let him complete the blood draw and he was reasonably good at it. The lady technician was clearly "a fish out of water..." She had no idea what to do and no apparent ability. I cannot believe that she was hired by this company to do such an important job and yet she seemed to have no good skills at it whatsoever. I would NEVER recommend QUEST to anyone and I will NOT go back there ever again. I have probably had thousands of blood draws over my lifetime and, yes, a few were not so pleasant or perfect. But, this one wins the contest for most ridiculous and incompetent blood draw of my lifetime. QUEST is responsible and something needs to be done about such incompetence.

Original review: June 19, 2018

MISMANAGEMENT and LACK OF ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have never ever seen a big company so mismanaged. You are unable to get to a real person no matter how many Quest numbers you call or how long you wait. All you get is a digital-run-around. After 265 HORRIBLE/POOR reviews plus you would think the company would take some action to address the problem. I'm done. I have insurance and there are other labs I can go to. Their treatment of customers is unacceptable.

Original review: June 6, 2018

First time at 3233 Foothill Blvd, La Crescenta, CA 91214-2636. I took my sons to gets his blood lab. done. Two different doctors, primary and specialist. There were repeat test, which at the regular office we go, never repeat. First because the insurance won't cover them and secondly because since the primary was asking for them, they can send the results to the specialist. Well, I trust the woman there to do that, but she didn't. Instead she drew 14 large tubes of blood from my son who, I found rolling his eye over in the chair, with his head falling to the side of the chair. And she was not doing anything, just left him there. I panic and I tried to revive him, she told me, "It’s nothing, but if you want buy some water outside, in Vons", as the office is inside Vons.

I run out and got him Orange Juice, because as a nursing students I learned the basics and my son was going into shock. I was able to get him stable. All through this time all that woman did was argue with. Did nothing to try to help. All she said, was, “Why did you have him not eat anything." The orders was him to fast for 12 hours. Yet still her knowing he had not eat for 12 hours, she went ahead and drew that much blood. And all she wanted was me to give him water, when his eyes were rolling behind his eyes and he was going to shock. If I did not know better, my son would be dead.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Quest kept re-billing me and requesting insurance information which I kept resubmitting. After being threatened with a collection agency, with many phone calls to Quest and much time on hold, I eventually found out that the problem was missing diagnostic codes from the doctor's office. Quest refused to fax the claim to the doctor or to me. I asked for a supervisor, was on hold a long time, eventually got an answering machine. Left a message and never received a call back. Finally my doctor's office took pity on me and is trying to resolve the situation directly. Quest - BOO! THE WORST!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Failed to run all but 2 of my CBC panel. Lied to me about it. Offered to send an in-home phlebotomist to re-draw my blood (While fasting, as required). NEVER SHOWED UP. I complain, they apologize and promise to send someone. New excuse is doctor won't authorize a new blood draw. Absolute deceitful and incompetently managed company. Calling customer service is a joke. The "senior" rep was worthless, making many promises and delivering on none. So, now I have no accurate blood work completed. Go to any other lab if you can. You will be thoroughly jerked around with these criminals.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Doctor was faxing orders to local Quest (64152), called them on numerous occasions leaving a message as advised in phone loop. No one returned calls. Called the main number in NJ, was advised the supervisor would return my call. That NEVER happened. So I made the trip back to doctor's office for original paperwork. Once there the employee had NO IDEA how to bill. Did not know billing codes - even though the doctor had to place orders? Right? Anyway look at the billing sheet provided, called insurance to confirm as I should only have a copay only to find out that the codes used are not codes? Now I'm trying to get a hold of anyone either the 800#'s, local, regional, etc. Finally spoke to a human and was told that I would receive a call within the hour by Shannon? Wish doctors could see reviews of labs before paperwork is written up. This is beyond a joke at this point!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I must agree with the comments on billing. I received a bill that my insurance company has already paid in full. I've tried calling Quest but as stated previously, it goes in a loop with automated messages. It's total garbage. I now am on hold with my insurance company as they try to resolve this problem.

Original review: April 30, 2018

They charged me for a test I refused. Have spent hours trying to fix this problem. Their phone system is deviously set up as a loop so you will never get a person on the line. have spent at least 2 hours playing their phone games. Once finally figuring out how to get beyond the loop, I was on hold for 40 minutes and finally gave up. Tried again several times. I emailed them on their website - no reply. Today I got a person after 12 minutes on hold. She said there was nothing I could do to stop their threat of collections other than pay it. And there was no one else I could speak to. Also their phlebotomist who works Quest’s satellite location in my doctor’s office is rude and interferes with the doctor’s staff.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My whole family have used Quest Diagnostics for at least 8 years. However, we are finding that the customer service is declining substantially. We are not getting our lab results, sent to our patient portal, in a timely fashion. When I call to try to discuss with them all I get is a digital-run-around. Once I land on a selected answering location, then I am on hold for 20 to 45 minutes. After I listen to "Thanks for calling Quest Diagnostics..." for over 30 times, someone finally wakes up and answers the phone. Then when I get a live person either they don't know anything about my question or they have to refer me to another location in Quest.

Recently, I talked to someone in Philadelphia, then Kansas, When they do that I find I am now starting over in the recording "Thanks for calling Quest..." and so it continues. Anyway, we are now looking at using LabCorp or someone else. They have lost my family's business and You should do the also look elsewhere for your lab work.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Problems are not resolve timely. 16 days still waiting. Improper handling of specimens. Suggest if you can go to a reputable lab that has good support do it. Not sure why certain physicians demand you go to Quest even though your insurance allows you to go elsewhere, seems like some type of arrangement. Will look into this!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Went to Quest for lab work in February. I was told that I had a balance - after I was sitting with the plastic band tight on my arm - and if I didn't pay the full amount, I can't get bloodwork done. I told the lady I have never received a bill. She didn't care. She told me she can't go further in the system unless I pay in full. I paid with my credit card. Didn't even get a statement in the mail, nothing to tell me what I just paid for. Fast forward less than 2 months later, I go to get follow up tests done. I am told I owe almost $200 and unless I paid right away, I can't get blood tests done. That's after waiting for 2 hours. I had to leave without having them done because I didn't have the full amount.

I offered to make a partial payment, despite not knowing what or why I owed, just I could get my tests done, they refused. Since it was the weekend, I waited and until Monday to call Billing. They admitted sending the invoices to an old address that I haven't used in 7 years. Despite making sure I confirm my address every time. The guy on the phone told it doesn't matter that they made a mistake, I still owe what I owe and that's my problem, not theirs. And unless I paid it, I will never receive service from Quest Diagnostics. I just don't get it. I am furious and Quest needs to be stopped with their practices. He told me that I will be sent to a collection agency for a bill that I never received and didn't know that I owed. And we, the consumers have nowhere and no one to report them to.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I went in for routine blood work. I had 11 vials taken. Blood draw was comfortable. A week later, I’m told a 4th gen HIB assay was performed, and I’m HIV +! They double checked and found RNA. I was devastated. So was my husband. I took a second test anyway. Negative! A third was also negative, and mysterious took 3 days to process. This week was a nightmare. All tests performed by Quest NorCal.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Billing issues, rec'd numerous bills and seems I have overpaid and unable to resolve issue. I have called with no resolve, also went to Derby location to try and get contact information, was given number to call and did. Was given address to send letter. Sent letter in Feb 2018, rec'd, called and was told still looking into matter and as of today 4/13/2018 I have not heard anything further. It's very frustrating that one has to go through hoops to try and resolve billing issues and make payments to Quest Diagnostic. I'm also receiving mail from collection agency when I feel I have overpaid and would like issue resolve. Quest Diagnostic needs to have better customer service, they are horrible. I have never experience any issues with payments with any other medical company.

Original review: April 13, 2018

This is terrible place. I went with my mom to the Rancho location. Waiting time was ok, but the customer service was terrible. Once we got into our room, the nurse kept babbling nonsense that we could barely understand and smacked a 203 dollar bill on her head. Just for a blood test. When we asked if insurance was going to cover it, she shot us a dirty look and said in a mocking voice, "I dont know". The actual blood test, she was very unsympathetic and seemed like she was rushing to do something else. Will rate negative If I could!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had applied for 2 different jobs, at 2 different Companies. I had taken a UA prior to going to Orientation with Company of choice Loudon. I ended up going with the 2nd company on these circumstances: I showed up at Loudon's Terminal and took a second UA the moment I went through the door. I (along) with others were sent into the restroom to submit our specimens. The collector did not look at the temperature on "any" of the containers, we sat our specimens down on a table alongside of "what we" thought were our paperwork. The collector was very busy flirting with one of the Safety personnel to know what was going on. She pulled the labels off of our paperwork, sealed the containers then had us to initial the label prior to putting into the shipping bag {My initials are NA, Not MW first of all, I'll explain further down how I found this out}.

Both of the UAs I had taken were examined @ a Quest Lab. First one in Tennessee & second was sent to Daphne Alabama. First one came back as passed, I listed same meds I was taking on the second UA. The second UA in Question that was sent to Daphne Alabama. {1st UA was back in 3 days.} The second UA was taken on a Monday, and did not get the results back until the following Tuesday or Wednesday, 8 to 9 days "AFTER" the collector had taken them. I called numerous Quest Labs and was told, {I recorded the conversations} a sample must be tested within a certain time frame, between 24 to 32 hrs "after" it was given. The Urine will start to get bacteria, and any prolonged testing with a lot of meds inside of the urine will, "as" 2 of Quest's employees put it "start to ferment," and should not be tested. The individual should submit to another UA sample!

By the Doctor or Technician's own words He did not get around to testing my (supposedly) sample until the 5th day "after" it was collected, and he ask me why I put the initials M.W. on my label. I told him that I did not do this. He pretty much called me a "Liar!" I listed everything that my Family Doctor had prescribed, including ** which will give a positive negative for ** etc. He then stated that I need to find another Doctor, for mine had done nothing but make a "Molotov" Cocktail out of me.

I in return relayed this to my Family Practitioner, (Who is the best Doctor I've ever had) I also told the Tech that since it took so long to get my results back that I had taken the other job, and that I told Loudon that I had Not accepting job/ Quit as of the Friday prior, and reaffirmed on the following Monday, "prior" to the results coming back. By Rule if I do not work for this company, anything that transpires, (short of stealing etc) cannot be held against me "after" I Quit. Further I was sent the bill for the UA by Quest, the company did not pay for it. I am sole owner of the UA, {If it was ever mine to begin with} I was advised of a Medication that "I WAS NOT TAKING OR PRESCRIBED" by this so called Doctor or Tech.

Since I make my Living Driving a Semi, it would be "STUPID" of me or anyone to submit to a UA Knowing that they were dirty, or had been taking illegal Drugs. I was 61@ the time I had taken this UA, and had been taking "High Blood" pressure Meds for 2 years prior, also if I had been taking ** etc, why was my Blood Pressure 138/79? It would of been so high that I would of had a heart attack or stroke! {I had a DOT Physical during same time frame for Loudon} I have upper respiratory problems as it is, and I was just getting over the Flu during this time, and yes I was on a lot of Meds and Vitamins, But "ALL" had been prescribed, not brought off the streets.

There were other issues, stemming from this "Tech/Doctor," he did not know that I have to submit monthly a UA to my Family Doctor {I have a Statement from stating that in 3 years I've "PASSED ALL" of my UAs and never tested positive for illegal substances plus the fact of the matter is this "Idiot Tech/Doctor" who tested this UA should have known Quest's procedure in testing UAs in a timely manner}. Yet my Doctor is the incompetent one, along with the "other" Quest Lab who did the UA Prior to taking the 2nd @ Loudon's Office.

Protocol was "NOT" followed from start to finish, Collector failed in not having me match the label numbers to paperwork, then initial, and "I was the one to peel it off and place on VIAL, not the Collector." Plus I was the person who should of placed the Specimen into the shipping bag along with the paperwork, not the collector. The Lab in Daphne Alabama should be ashamed to call themselves competent enough to examine anything pertaining to a Human Being! Protocol was not followed there either, especially when Quest's guidelines and rules on chain of command were not followed, when it took 5 days to start examining a specimen, and 8 days plus to complete, not to mention the errors knowingly made.

My life is ruined because of their incompetence and mishandling of one simple UA that I own. A False report was made by Loudon/Purdy on my DAC Report and I cannot get a job driving a Wheelbarrow, "a Company that did not hire me," behind the results coming in "AFTER" I had Quit/Not taken the job, not to mention incorrect and Falsified information given by Quest Lab in Daphne Alabama. Wonder why now, Loudon does not send their UAs for new hires to Daphne, Ala. anymore? That's ODD! I have more information and statements made by this Tech/Doctor from this Lab that I recorded and thus he can't DENY! Give False Statements, & Not Handle Protocol and Policies YOUR EMPLOYER outlined for you to follow, and Ruin my Livelihood. In my opinion He could not "Shine a Bad Doctor's Shoes."

Original review: April 5, 2018

I got my blood work done at Quest in the first week of Nov. in 2017. Now it is the first week of April 2018 and I still have not received my results. I have called in several times, created an account but there is no way to actually get my results. The results were sent to my employer's insurance company but I have no way to see them myself. Their website shows no report under my account. It has been a very frustrating experience for me. I have filled their online question option and made several requests but nobody answers back to me with any solutions to my concerns. This lab has a customer service that is a joke.

Original review: March 15, 2018

After being told (four different times) meaning I went to quest (four different times) that my doctor DID not fax over my script for bloodwork... I finally refused to leave the lab and lo and behold...after 20 minutes they found my faxed script. I called Quest headquarters one week ago and they were to call the supervisor at my lab in Hamburg, New York on Commerce Drive and have that supervisor phone me to let me know why (four) different times I was told my script was not there. My doctor's office faxed it (four different) times. To still not hear about my formal complaint (which I had to call headquarters again today, only to get headquarters supervisor’s voicemail, because he (Scott) was not in. Something should be done about the disorganization at that location. Sent home three different times...absolutely unacceptable. My doctor's office should get a formal apology and I should be informed of why (after four times) my script was not found.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Unfortunately I am required by my insurance company to use Quest Diagnostics for all my laboratory testing as they are contracted with them. There has never been a day that Quest has not sent me a bill for services stating it is patient due, all insurance info was provided to them with copy of insurance card, never once have they submitted any claim correctly, whether this was intentional or not is a good question. Each time I either called them or went to their website and provided once again all insurance info to once again receive a bill in the mail stating balance is patient due, it usually takes about 1 year to get the claim rectified.

Do they do this in hopes the patient gets frustrated enough and then just pays the bill so their credit isn't ruined? Possibly. I have called my insurance company to inform them of these questionable billing practices Quest Diagnostics practices so possibly they can reconsider their contract with this laboratory. Do I really think my complaints will be addressed? Probably not, more than likely Quest will continue these questionable billing practices and sadly they will probably receive money from poor hard working patients and from the insurance company, that's a win-win situation for Quest.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have had to use Quest for a number of years. I have always had a bad experience from a customer service context. One time they abused my 90 year old father and made him wait hours for a test. For myself they have always been rude and inconsiderate. On one instance they referred me to a collection agency weeks after my insurance company sent them an EOB showing the entire bill paid. Often the girls that take blood are fine but not always. The entire system is corrupt. Needs to be dropped by carriers until they improve. You are forced to use them in spite of their deficiency.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Went to have lab work done on 2/7/2018 and they took my orders and took my blood and never got a report and they lost everything again. This has been done many times with them. This company has serious issues with the techs. Where's my blood samples.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I dropped off a sample per my doctor's directions at Quest as it’s the lab my insurance tells me to use. I was shocked when I got my bill that insurance hadn’t covered $481 because they said it was experimental because Quest used the wrong code. I called Quest several times to work with them to have insurance cover it by changing to the correct code. Each time I called I asked for them to change the due date to allow for insurance to process the claim. The first bill was due on January 2 but they pushed the due date back to February 10. On February 9 I got a call from a collection agency harassing me for not paying the bill. I was stunned because I had just called Quest two days earlier to check in and make sure things were being adjusted to allow for my insurance to process the claim.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have not taken ** for over three weeks prior to my pre employment drug screen for insomnia. I take ** instead of OTC sleep meds because OTC has so many side effects and ** is legal in my state. I was nervous about the test so I had other interviews and great jobs lined up. I went on Quest Diagnostics website where it stated UP TO 72 hours to complete and processes a drug screen. After not hearing anything and being offered the job 6 days after I tested and scheduled for orientation on the 7th day. I told my backup pending jobs that I was not interested obviously assuming my drug test was passed. After working for an entire week found out I failed for **. Now unemployed and have no backup. Would have never made the decision I made if not for the false information given by Quest Diagnostics.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Terrible experience! Never got my results from them- login never worked (even though I signed up)...urgently needed my results for a further test I needed to do but nobody gave a **! Even after calling, e-mailing them... The only thing that worked when they sent me my bill for over 2000.00 usd- and there they were very professional. I don't understand why results have to go over this unprofessional Quest Diagnostics? Can we not talk to our doctors anymore to get results? Try to avoid the lab in any case if you can! Choose doctors who will not work with this setup. I am serious- keep away from them- it will save you lots of money and nerves. After reading all the others comments too I really don't understand why they are still on the market...

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I'm 69 year old ** female. Went (Quest Diagnostics 21 hospital dr) Friday Feb 2, 2018 to get my blood work. I checked in. My name showed up on the board then they call someone else's name. l told the lady I was next. She said, "What's your name?" I told her and she took the other lady and left. She came back. I asked her would check what going. She yelling that she didn't have time for this **. I asked for the manager. She said she was, I said, "I don't know what do." I was crying by now. I was so upset I left. This happen in front of about 15 customers. I wish I got the name of the lady that was sitting by me. She was trying to tell that I was next also. She needs to be taught some customers service matters. I went over to LabCorp. Nice, polite, they know how to treat the public.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I went to have lab work done and they told me I had 2 outstanding balances from the month before both for $5.42. Would I like to take care of them. I said yes and gave them my bank card. They held my cc info and three weeks later charged another $322 for new blood work. When I called billing they said that when I made the previous payment that gave them permission to charge my account. I would have never authorized them to charge my bank card as I have a health savings card for large medical bills/copays. She would not refund the money and said I had to produce paperwork from that day. However, they didn’t give me any paperwork. I signed their little handheld computer authorizing both charged for $5.42 but, never did I say hold my cc info for later. Very unethical!

Quest Diagnostics Company Information

www.questdiagnostics.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business