Quest Diagnostics

Madison, NJ

Compare Hospitals

Research top Hospitals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The Quest Diagnostic facility on Dobbs Ferry Road in White Plains has been deliberately understaffed for several years. There is only one employee in the entire facility at any time my husband or I have ever been there. He requires quarterly testing and I need it every six months. The wait time even with an appointment is over one hour. I am sure their profit margin is the motive. So my husband and I will vote with our feet and go back to using the lab facilities at a nearby medical building.

I went to the local Quest to get a container for a sputum test and waited 30 minutes to get an agent. Your service stinks, I was told no one covers the front desk anymore. With service like that Vista or another lab tester will get all your business, that's a disgrace. Life is far too short for that kind of business dealings.

Spoke with an agent in August regarding the invoice as my doctor's office submitted a new code for the invoice (Initially doctor's office submitted the wrong code. It was annual physical but they submitted as regular lab work) and the agent told me to ignore the bill and said they resubmitted the bill to my insurance provider. Also said if need be they will send a new invoice however, I got a call from collections agency today after 4 months and said for same invoice they sent the pending dues to collections agency. I never ever got a new invoice from Quest after I spoke with the agent and old invoice when I checked the status of old invoice today it is still active and shows the status as "collections". This is a clear misleading information and cheating by the Quest and their customer service agents.

I had an appointment 11/18/16 at Lake Worth Rd location... There was a billing issue and the person at front desk (Donna) was not helpful at all. Kept saying I had to pay over 200.00. I left, called my insurance co, & their billing and provided overrides until resolved. WENT back and attempted to explain & provide invoice override and she didn't "see" it in system... I asked for her supervisor who she called and said, in my presence "I was giving her grief ". So unprofessional. You have no idea!

Quest Villa Linde Flint Michigan. The receptionist was very rude because supposedly she had to call me several times. She called me behind the window, never opening the window while never looking up. I am a phlebotomist and also have Crohn's disease so I've either drawn blood or had it drawn most of my life. This happened on the 11th and still on the 19th I have a goose egg size lump and bruise. While the needle was in my arm this so called profession turns and starts talking to the rude receptionist. I felt the needle like never before. When I left I had terrible pain running up and down my arm. I have been in and out of Dr offices, labs and hospitals since the early nineties and even when my veins were almost useless because of overuse, I have never experienced anything like this before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

I went to NB location to get blood drawn. Both people that were at the desk did not give me any directions as to what to do. I signed in and they ignored me. I went after half an hour to ask what happened since I had an appointment and the answer was "Uhh". Very disappointing and would not recommend going there again to have blood work done.

Our family's healthcare providers frequently send our blood work to Quest. When it is covered by insurance, Quest writes off 90% of the charges, but when the tests are not covered by insurance, Quest insists on our paying the full amount of their excessive charges (ten times or more what they accept from insurance) or they send the invoice to a collection agency. I am an attorney and live in Short Hills and would love to put together a class action against Quest. Call me if you would like to discuss.

I just received a bill from Quest for over $350.00 for the annual blood test done back in early May 2016, which should be covered by both Medicare and the supplemental insurer. When I contacted Quest via online, they flat told me that, as their policy, they wouldn't give me any information the reason for the payment denial by Medicare, and that I needed to contact Medicare and our supplemental insurer.

I then contacted their customer service via phone, hoping a real person can be more helpful. When I call the toll free number listed on the bill, it only gave me two options: one for getting a copy the bill and another for bill payment. I just pressed "0". To my surprise it directed me to their customer service line. To my dismay, the person named Linda, was very abrasive and rude. I relayed the information I got from Medicare, which was that the documents Medicare received did not meet the criteria for payment. I requested Linda to resubmit the claim with proper information, I was again flatly told that "We wouldn't do that". No explanation why.

Then, she told me that they did not make any mistakes and, if there were, they were made by my doctor. I can contact my doctor, but, based on what other reviewers stated, there is no chance Quest will assist me. But, Medicare is sending me a pack of documents to request for review and re-determination. Let's see how it goes. I will never, ever use Quest Diagnostics in the future!

I've used Quest Labs at numerous times. Each time they photo my 2 insurance cards. I have gotten my third notice on a late payment. Bill only shows 1 insurance billed. Lab tells me they don't handle billing and I must call 800 #. Get told 20-40 min. waiting time to talk to someone. Went online and created a Lab account. Have noticed secondary ins. never shows up even after I've submitted it twice now. I should not have to do their work for them.

I went in w/ an appointment; waited over an hour in a waiting room way too small and there were 15 other people there in a room for no more than 10. The staff were just ignorant, she called my name and when I came to the counter, the other girl said she did not call my name even though everyone heard it. Did not try taking blood from my left arm, only my right because then she would have had to have walked around the chair and put the armrest down so she took it from my right hand, 3 vials, hurt like crazy. I signed up for online results.

Nothing for 10 days and then an email that they can't find my lab results. I call and finally get through and am told they did not take enough blood to do the tests and I would have to come back in. The blood work is required to be done by a certain date so my carrier, Aetna, will not charge me a $600 surcharge in next year's premium. I had already waited until the last minute and now I am being charged the $600 because of these lazy and uneducated people. Quest Diagnostics, Boynton Beach, FL.

I was awaiting a result of my CBC. After eight days, nothing. Contacted them by e-mail, still nothing. Called them, was on hold 30 minutes. Was told by the clerk that they entered my name in wrong. This causes a delay in care.

For exactly a year I've been battling with Quest Diagnostics. I'm billed $482.39 for a standard, routine laboratory test that was absolutely covered under my former insurance (Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Kansas City). Initially, the doctor's office had in fact submitted the wrong coding but corrected it numerous times but the one and only "corrected" claim that Quest Diagnostics re-submitted to the insurance was actually not corrected at all: they simply re-submitted the same claim with the same, wrong coding.

At this point, I have lost count of how many times I've called Quest only to hear "there's nothing we can do", or "your doctor's office has to correct this mistake and re-submit this claim" which again, has been corrected and re-submitted. To make matters worse, the doctor's practice has permanently closed. It seems absolutely ridiculous to have to pay almost $500 when having one of the best insurances in the country because Quest can't correct four letters. Literally, four letters! The absurdity of this situation is incredible considering that the same exact test was successfully covered less than a year before, for the exactly same amount of $482.39.

I'm not entirely sure that this battle is worth fighting any further as I've spent countless hours on the phone between my insurance, my doctor's office and Quest Diagnostics when it's beyond clear that Quest are the ones who have dropped the ball. I suppose that for the sake of my mental health I should probably pay the bill which on principle seems absolutely wrong. Lastly, I've been receiving calls from what seems to be their collection department. They call, leave no voice message and when returning their call, they do not identify themselves and ask for personal information. If you have a choice, DO NOT work with Quest Diagnostics. You will waste so much of your time, energy and ironically, your wellness.

The workers are lazy, rude, and do not explain anything to you! Specifically the one in Rochester, MI has the worst employees that do not know what they are doing. They make you feel uncomfortable especially the lady that worked there 9-6-16 at 8 am. She is a big, rude, nasty, big mouthed lady that should be fired. I DO NOT RECOMMEND COMING HERE AT ALL!!! RATING: -10000000000. VERY FRUSTRATED. I will let everyone know that this is not the place to go to and make them lose consumer business.

Wife has different insurance than me. Quest billed my insurance for her tests, of course rejected. Then sent bills to me. Called them and explained. Tried to give them correct policy, they wouldn't take it, said it had to come from doctor's office. Verified with office that correct information was sent to Quest. They kept billing me, could not get through to their billing. They just repeated every time that it had to come from the doctor. Now they've turned me over to collection agency. Agency they use is bottom feeder that is harassing, refuse to identify themselves (too stupid to realize the phone number show as on caller ID) when they call. Told doctor we'll leave him if he ever sends our lab work to Quest again.

Lab test were considered needed by my doctor, but not covered by Medicare because the incorrect code was used by Quest. Hours on the phone with my doctor's assistant who reportedly informed Quest of the proper code. No luck. They refused to change code, which if they would have been reimbursed by Medicare (a fraction of what they had charged). Out of desperation I offered to pay Quest what they would have received from Medicare. "No, they do not bargain with clients." Their charge was $194, which I decided to simply pay and get them out of my life. Tried to pay using my Visa with their online service. Wanted a zip code, but my zip code was "not valid"? Tried to call them. Estimated wait, 55 minutes!

I tried for a week to get completed lab results put into my account and could never get the customer service people to answer the phone. I was on hold at least 5 times for 30 minutes or more for the people that had the authority to do this without an answer. I am retired from working with service industry companies and Quest is absolutely horrible. They are the poorest managed, customer unfriendly company I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately, my insurance company requires us to use them. It is a good insurance company (Aetna) but Quest gives them a black eye. They are absolutely horrible.

I have had so many problems with these people. Their billing dept. can't seem to read numbers so they always try to Hargrove me instead of my insurance co... Then they treat you like a Nazi treated the Jews, only with me it didn't work. Then they lose my blood sample taken by my doctor and they have no idea what happen to it or most likely they are lying to get even with me. Totally unprofessional set up and immature workers at that place (this is the one in Ocala, FL on SR 200). No positives whatsoever.

I had been at the Venice office. Had my blood drawn but could not give a urine sample. I was given a sterile cup and told I could bring it back. When I did bring it back which was 45 min later I encounter this lab tech with an accent. She told me I had to sign in like everyone else. At that point there was about 15 people there. She refuse to take my sample. This will probably keep me from returning to your clinic.

The location on Caring Way in Port Charlotte has the rudest clerk. I was there with an appt. on the day before a holiday when they were open only a half day. The woman at the desk, who is never nice anyway, was particularly ugly that day. She obviously did not want to be there. She was rude, abrupt and slammed down everything including papers for signature. It was extremely uncomfortable. Fast forward 7 months. Same woman same attitude. She was so rude I thought the waiting room was going to root. It got ugly.

At 12:45 a client went to the desk to complain that walk in were being taken over her 11:30 appt. The clerk said, "get back here!" No apology. Don't care if it was not her fault. She's the front desk face of the company. She's the Comcast version of phlebotomy. She also drew my husband's blood and he came out with bandages on both arms. He said she really slammed the needle in and did it in both arms. I said, "she's mad and took it out on you." His arm is bruised and swelling!

Absolutely the worst attitude of a young ** woman with no customer service skills or understanding of where she is in the medical field. I was there on 7/27/2016 at 9:30am for blood work. Very rude girl. Very disrespectful--very ghetto. She will never draw blood from me again.

Quest used to mail results to you in the mail. But, now they require that you create an account and will charge you extra $$ if you want access to the results after 60 days. But, creating an account is NOT easy because it doesn't get created the same day you register. And then when I finally remembered to go back, it was 62 days later... So now what do I do? NO RESULTS to review prior to going to my annual physical!!! What a Scam.

Our doctor wanted a well known urinalysis to be sent for testing but it had to be frozen. No Quest lab provided for this kind of testing. Although, even the Draconian NYS law allows for this test. The people at the labs are poorly informed. Often, with little education. We had to contact the head of Quest Labs and they told us how to do it ourselves. Why is it that NYS has such stranglehold on testing? Why do we have to use such an archaic, poorly educated system Quest. What is the NYS sweetheart deal with Quest labs? Many of their lab techs cannot even pronounce typical metabolic terms.

Service at the lab is fine, but their billing dept is totally inept. I was billed for services over a year later. Another visit I received the bill 6 months later - returned statement with my Visa information 3 times. Quest sent a new bill 3 more times and then sent me to collection with threatening notices for bills that were paid 3 times!!! I will never use this company again! LabCorp is the way to go!

On 6/22/2016 at approximately 2:56 pm Pacific Time, I was driving westbound on West 120th Street near Inglewood Ave in Hawthorne when a Quest Diagnostics driver in a Jeep labeled "Quest Diagnostics 49" (CA License plate# **) narrowly hit my car by swerving over into my lane in order to pass someone who was turning right in his lane. For clarification, he WAS NOT trying to avoid hitting that person as a result of a sudden stop. He was simply too impatient to wait for the person to complete the turn so he swerved into my lane for the purpose of driving around the car to continue to go straight.

About a quarter of a mile down the road, he swerved into my lane AGAIN, this time cutting me off and causing me to slam on my brakes with other drivers close behind me who also had to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting me. He continued to drive recklessly, weaving in and out of traffic for 2 miles before turning left onto South Van Ness Ave. I find it ironic that your company claims to positively "touch patients' lives" yet your drivers are careless about possibly harming or even taking the lives of others through their reckless driving. Something must be done about that.

So, I had to go take an employment drug test, no problem, so I thought. I've never used drugs and have done this many times. I go into the N. Florida Ave location in Tampa and my nightmare began. First, I get there and it's 3pm, they close at 3:30 and it's about 8 people in there and I was told to come back the next day, Friday. I ask what time they open, 7:30am. Ok I'll be there. Well, there is a Quest office about 1 mile from my home so instead I try to there but they are no longer open so I go back to the original one. I sign in and sit. I was told there were a lot of appointments that day so it will be a bit of a wait. A bit of a wait, I'm thinking 2hrs max, NOT 7HRS!

Then I ask, “Why is it taking so long?” It's a urine test. I can't keep holding it and holding it. I had to go a couple times and then drink more water to try and fill up again, but nothing. More and more "appointments" kept coming in. About 12pm I asked, "how much longer" when I was told Thursday and Friday are the worst days for walk ins and I'll just have to wait. It's now 3:30, closing time and I sat there the whole time. I did go out to my car a few times and needed to walk around a bit but, still there.

I cannot believe that they left me sitting there and then at the end of the day, hand me a card and say go online and make an appt... Really!? I asked, “How can you do this to someone?” He never really answered me, or looked at me and started speaking Spanish to his Co worker. I just took the card and left. Now, I'm the one in jeopardy of losing a darn good job that I've put so much effort into getting all because of them. This is unacceptable. Especially knowing I've never taken an illegal drug in my entire life but, may lose this excellent opportunity over something out of my control. It isn't like it was blood. It’s a 2 minute urine test!

I took my daughter to a doctor who told her she had to get her blood drawn today, before she went away for the weekend. We went to the first office on 61 Lincoln Street, which closed at 4 pm (we arrived at 3:45). We were told that the office on Waverly Street, Framingham would do it because they are opened until 8 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays (she handed us a Quest Diagnostics sheet with the addresses and hours for each location). We came in and the lady at the front desk said they were closing at 4 pm. I said, "no, you are open until 8 pm because your other facility just told us, and my daughter needs her blood drawn and sent out via FedEx." She said that she was only part time and she would have to check with the nurse.

After submitting the paperwork, I was told that they were open until 5 pm, however, they couldn't do it because the blood had to sit for 30 minutes and then get sent out to FedEx. They said they close at 5 pm and they would not wait until FedEx came. I told them I would take the blood to FedEx. They said they couldn't let me do that. My daughter was not able to get her blood taken today and now she has to wait over a week to come back. I completely felt like we were inconveniencing this lab because these labs required a little more work. I know that in my business when a client is paying for my service, no matter what it is, that I have to deliver that service to the best of my ability. Please shed some light on this because Im a mother who wants her child to get better and getting these tests will help in that processes, and we were turned away because these technicians couldn't make it work.

I got billed for a drug test in March 2016. Also, I was told by my doctor I tested positive for marijuana. I never took a drug test in March. My last drug test was in December 2015. I haven't smoke pot since 1974. I'm trying to find out what's going on. Getting information from Quest is very difficult. Trying to get my doctor's office to show the video of my visit just is not going to happen. I feel like a victim. They should just allow me to go into a local Quest office and get the information I need. Medical care in Florida sucks.

Despite receiving my insurance information two times, Quest didn't bother submitting the claim to them. They just kept billing me for the full amount and threatening to turn the account over to collections.

I have blood work done routinely because I am on Warfarin. The woman who worked there for the past year or so left for another job and the subs are awful: long waits, bad attitude for first sub who told me when I asked why there were 6 people waiting and I was not taken at my designated time but... a walk-in was taken ahead of me. She said, "That's the difference between First World and Third World people. Third World people are worried about food and First World are worried about waiting in line."

Afterwards I went out to my car and saw blood running down my arm. She had neglected to put enough band-aids over the site. Two weeks later a sub went right through my vein. I had to yell out in pain. The site was swollen, raised, and painful. I called Stacy at Quest, emailed her, and sent pictures. Never heard a word. STAY AWAY! Have since found out that if you are on blood thinners, you can have your cardiologist order a home kit and you can do your own blood by pricking your finger. A nurse trainer comes to your house and gives a lesson. Perfect! No more attitude, lines, and incompetence.

I had a saliva drug test done where it was sent to Quest Diagnostics to be done. It came back positive for Marijuana even though I know for a 100% fact this is mistake. Guess what? You don't like their results and don't agree with it? Well guess what? You have to PAY THEM $150 to have them do further testing when it's CLEARLY THEIR MISTAKE. They messed up my results and I have to pay THEM? WHAT? How absurd is that? I'm lucky I'm only 20 years old and don't have a family to feed. Imagine being someone who has a low paying job, living paycheck to paycheck, and gets a false positive on a drug test. This person living paycheck to paycheck isn't able to shell out $150 to prove their innocence when this company messes up. Like how freaking absurd.

Honestly, this place is horrible. I hope this place gets put out of business one day. I've had labs done here plenty and it too is an absolute pain. Get your stuff together Quest. No company should have that much power where they can decide whether or not you have a job by messing up your drug test results and forcing you to pay $150 to fix their mistake. Get out of here.

Quest Diagnostics Company Profile