Madison, NJ

3.6/5 (820 ratings)

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: June 14, 2022

Quest diagnostics at 601 W Union Ave, Bound Brook, NJ 08805 is horrible and has a rude lab techs. They need to be trained on well behavior with patients and they also need to understand that they are not doing free service or charity. We went for a test and the lab tech was so rude and very unprofessional.

Original review: June 13, 2022

We went to their LITTLETON CO location to get out pre-covid tests in order to go on a cruise. The results were supposed to come back in 24-48 hours but did not come until well after that causing us to have to pay $300.00 at the cruise terminal to redo the tests in order to be able to go on our trip. Tried to use their horrible website to get in contact with someone with no luck and never heard anything back.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2022

This is a terrible company and you should not do business with them if at all possible. Had lab work done last August. Got bill for $800+ in October. Normally after insurance processes it is about $10. Call Blue Cross and find out Quest did not submit it to Blue Cross properly. Called Quest and explained the situation and they said no problem, they would take care of it. Next month, $800 bill shows up.

Have been through this cycle 5 times explaining to Quest how bill needs to go through local Blue Cross office first. Blue Cross has been called over the situation and they have explained the process several times to Quest people and told me it is taken care of. Nope, got a bill with the threat of a collection agency being called now. Apparently what I will have to do is pay the bill and then file a criminal complaint with the District Attorney to get this straightened out. Don't ever use this company!!!

Original review: June 10, 2022

They send Bills for Preventive Lab work services which are covered 100% by CIGNA. Also CIGNA EOB says patient don't have to pay for this service but Quest keeps on sending Bills which increase the stress for already suffering patient & their families. Appeals drag for months and months and no hope for timely resolution. During this time duration Quest denies Patient critical services, This leaves patient no other option but to look out for alternate service providers. Hence I do not recommend Quest Lab work services with CIGNA corporate insurance.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Was billed 294.02. Ok, was not happy with a Suprise bill but hey, we all know how that goes. Set up a pay plan for $60.00 per month. That's it. Pay off in august. Needed to change the date so called, they said they would cancel it and I would have to do another pay plan. Ok. So next day I set it up. Due date comes around they take their 60. Ok, next day, they take another 60. I reach out to billing and file a discrepancy. Been a month now, haven't heard anything. Each time I check back, it's "We're still investigating". Well, due date comes back around, and the SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN. When I called again, I got the run around, so asked for a supervisor. She came back and said they would stop the next pending payment and cancel the payment plan altogether, and that they are still investigating where that extra (2nd payment) of 60$ went.

Original review: May 14, 2022

The lab is understaffed and impersonal. The results have not come through by the deadline they provided. And there is no way to ask for assistance. This is unacceptable especially for health care. Just because it’s a lab they shouldn’t treat us like rats.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Upon arrival the sign on the door said masks required so I put my mask on and I go in and there’s three people not wearing a mask and it’s not being enforced. The first two women that work there were kind of rude and was upset with me when I expressed that I wasn’t happy with some people not wearing a mask. So I waited outside and when I went in I asked the woman, "How come they’re not wearing masks?" She said, "We can’t force people to do it." And she proceeded to tell me that they now recently started testing for live Covid. I wish I knew that before I came in and they certainly can’t enforce it and they should considering it’s a medical business and they take all kinds of patients with low immune systems. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Quest Diagnostics forced me to give a credit card number to get tests that my Dr. ordered. Forced me to sign a paper giving them the right to charge my bank or no test would be done. I had to sign to get the tests but wasn't really concerned because I have Medicare & Medicaid that covers lab. These tests took place Dec 8, 2021 and I just got an invoice charging me $426! Why?? Because Quest sent a bill that was CODED WRONG & Medicare declined it. Rather than contacting me when they had copies of my insurance cards to discuss why these charges that have ALWAYS been covered each & every time I've been to Quest with the SAME TESTS ordered, they just took it out of my bank account.

I'm a senior on Social Security & my bank account was just emptied by these ** [not allowed to say]! Can't pay my bills, can't buy food, can't even get a birthday present for my grandson. Not only that but they plan to get $339 more when my Social Security check hits next month. Whatever you do, do NOT let this ** [not allowed to say] force you to give your bank info unless you know the correct treatment codes so you can make certain they don't bill the wrong codes to your insurance. I'm not convinced that they deliberately bill the wrong codes because it's easier & faster for Quest to just take the money from your bank account, but that's just my opinion.

BTW, I've called their 800 CS number many times & after going through a ridiculously complicated phone tree, you're put on hold & suddenly a voice says "Goodbye" and hangs up! I tried chat & was told I had to call the 800 CS number. Around & around in circles when you have a billing problem, what does that say to you about this company? And I can't include a copy of the bill because it is within the body of an email.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had a great experience. Check-in was easy, they took me on time. Cat, the LAB technician was the best! I am a difficult stick. She excessed the vein without issues, drew blood and left no marks. Wonderful customer service, very pleasant. In my book, she is a 10!

Original review: April 21, 2022

My experience is simple, same lab tests that they asked me $3090 I paid $320 in other laboratory a few block away, they are thieves, I told them that I was paying out of my pocket, so, nothing to do with insurance prices.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information