Madison, NJ

3.7/5 (759 ratings)

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

If I were investing in the stock Quest Diagnostics I would be very disappointed with my return on investment. When a patient has a claim filed under an inaccurate policy it takes this organization 45 business days to collect payment in full. What investor wants to have accounts receivable outstanding for over 45 business days when it could easily be managed in 10 business days? In the meantime they will spend money mailing letters requesting payment on accounts which are waiting to be processed through the antiquated software claim process. A healthcare blockchain will take over the payment from insurance companies and this will improve the bottom line for Quest Diagnostics.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Keeps sending me $828 bill for basic blood and urine check up. Outrageous amount for elementary diagnostics. Service provider never told me what this would cost with THEIR diagnostic company. Stay away. Customer service is slow and condescending.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I received a bill from them for the first time but they said it’s the final notice. WTH. Staff needs more training. Oh well it’s Covid era, can’t find good staff or is everyone just being lazy, lazy and lazy.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

My doctor, against my wishes requested a PSA test within a general physical blood test. PSA is not covered by my insurance unless accompanied by other tests and reasons. My insurance rejected the test and tells me I need to pay $148. I look on the website and a PSA screening is 69 + 6 for a doctor. So I am basically being charged double and can't seem to get this changed. Incredible, almost double due to insurance rejecting the charge. Something is wrong here.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Web portal is beyond frustrating. The site cannot even be reached half the time; clear cache, incognito mode, try different browsers might get you to the login, but even after logging in, it's not clear that you're logged in (Reads "Log in" in the upper hand corner). Registration process was a nightmare. Fields reject information without any helptext to guide the user; scrolling within scrolling makes submission difficult; photo upload (had to register a minor too) failed repeated despite right format and size. Husband's account completely failed to generate; mine did after a few attempts; minor's didn't generate without a phone call (which was not clear that was needed).

Chat bot couldn't help. Five phone calls over three days later, I got the results via a separate email platform that I had to register for. Sent in a compliant of the above. Response was that the test results aren't ready. Only saving grace is that the customer service representatives are nice. They all contradict each other on how the portal works or how their process works but that's on the larger system - It's just too complicated. Overall, worst portal experience and we are considered tech savvy. If you aren't, don't bother with the portal, just call them or your doctor. Or better yet, avoid them altogether.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Without notice they switched to an appointment only system. The website for making appointment doesn’t function. The phone says that walk-ins will be accommodated but upon arrival you’re only greeted by a rude receptionist who Seems to prefer putting up barriers to access rather than helping patients. I’ve tried twice and could not get care here. I want to try again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Received email saying: “Your online statement for services recently performed by Quest Diagnostics is now available. Pay the amount due, view or print service details, view or update your insurance, and see account history via the portal:” Problem? I haven’t been to QD since 2019. I always pay my bills before the due date, so I shouldn’t owe anything. Scam email? Possibly? Called Palmdale Quest Diagnostics but no live person will answer. That‘s unusual. Went to QD website, couldn’t get in. Got a message that it’s under “maintenance”. Tried a few more times with same results. Checked to see if site was down. Found it’s been down for over 30 days, so can’t check my “supposed“ bill.

Search also revealed this: “11.9 Million – Quest Diagnostics, June 3, 2019 - Quest Diagnostics, a clinical laboratory company, announced that an “unauthorized user” gained access to the medical records and social security numbers of up to 12 million customers. Information is still sparse, but it appears that AMCA, a billing vendor used by Quest, was exploited for the attack. All parties are working closely together to understand the full scope of the data breach.” So, this once very well managed company, seems to be having some major, serious, long-term problems.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My daughter had Vitamin D test. The stuff files insurance using the wrong code. Insurance rejected the claim. I received a bill in August. I called insurance and my doctor office. My doctor office refaxed the blood test order for them to refile to insurance. In September, I got the bill again. I called my insurance again. My insurance called Quest. But Quest refuse to discuss the issue with me on the phone line. I was disconnected. My insurance called me later and told me that my doctor office will fax the order to Quest again. They will refile the claim to the insurance. Therefore, I do not need to pay the bill.

On November 20, I received a letter from a collection agency for the bill. I was really mad at Quest and their lack of response and negligent. It seems they do not want to do any work. I am looking for the way to draw their attention about their service issues. If anybody know anything about those issues, please team up to go against this company's unethical behavior.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Quest diagnostics sent me an invoice for lab work I did not recognize. I have been trying for 2 months to understand the invoice and reason for charges. Their automated telephone number tells me there are no agents available due to Covid, emails to their billing team are never answered. After 2 months of trying to make contact with Quest I gave up and just paid the invoice to prevent my credit being affected. I still have no idea what services they performed. Their billing service is terrible, and as far as I am aware, may not even be accurate. Repeated demands for money with no explanation just wear people down into paying.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

All of the sudden one day I see that a Quest collection of 136.10 is on my credit report, My physician used Quest to get lab results and I guess they got my social and all my info but didn't bother to get my insurance information. Rather they killed my credit for this 136.10 and will cost me a lot to get rid off, I tried to call them and waited over a half hour to get to speak to someone and when I finally got to talk to someone they didn't hear me (I guess they have people from overseas to handle their calls). I recommend that you tell your physician not to use Quest Diagnostics. They don't serve you, they will kill you and your credit.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information