formerly Profile by Sanford

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Profile Plan

Profile Plan is a health and nutrition program combining customized meal plans with weekly, one-on-one coaching to help you lose weight. It was developed by researchers and doctors at Sanford Health. The program is available across the U.S., with costs varying by location and personal goals. You can schedule a free consultation to find out if Profile Plan is a good fit for your needs, body and lifestyle.

Pros

• Personalized plans
  • Virtual and in-person coaching
  • Multifunctional Journey app
  • 15% weight-loss guarantee

Cons

• Limited in-person coaching
  • Nonrefundable membership

Bottom Line

Profile Plan is a weight loss program featuring a personalized nutrition plan and one-on-one coaching. Members lose one to three pounds per week, on average. You can start with a free consultation to go over goals and fit.

Profile Plan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Profile Plan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Profile Plan?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Got close!. Basically felt good about the 70 lb loss and ran out of steam (and money) to take off that last 10 lbs to goal. Have since gained back about 20 lbs, but still down 55 from my 'high' about three years after starting the program. Thanks.

Chuck,

70lbs?! So close to your goal, but still SO amazing! You should be very proud of yourself, we are! Thank you for letting us be apart of your journey.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

It was a very positive experience with Profile Plan. Overall, the team has been good. They're keeping me on my path.

Profile Plan response

Debrah, we are glad to hear you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for letting us be apart of your health journey! We are forever Profile proud!

Original review: July 21, 2022

I can’t say enough great things about Profile. I had tried so many other programs and products and I can honestly say this is the best and it really works. I have lost 40lbs and have the skills to keep it off. I also did their MOM program when I was pregnant and was able to have a healthy pregnancy and lose all my baby weight within a month of giving birth. The coaches are amazing and the food is so good I actually miss some of it!

Profile Plan response

Christina, great job! It is one thing to lose the weight, but to feel confident enough to keep living your healthiest and sustain your weight loss is a whole other kind of success. We are so proud to hear of your accomplishments and are grateful we were able to be a part of your journey through pregnancy and after.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Too expensive compared to other plans. Food was expensive. The “counselors” I had kept changing and in the end were inexperienced. For the price, I was hoping to get some real insight and diet help. Buying that door is not a sustainable lifelong plan.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I love the products. There is excellent variety in the food choices and they are easy to prepare and eat. The coaching I received has been outstanding. I cannot say enough good things regarding the knowledge, skills and experience of Lindsey. The program does work. I have had tremendous success so far. As I come to the last few pounds I need to complete the program, it has been extremely frustrating because for the past several months my Profile app has not worked and I have not been able to accurately track my food and at times water intake.

I have demonstrated the issues (won’t save selections, kicks you out of app) to my coach who has made several requests to IT and they have been unable to resolve the issue. Today I was told they believed they had fixed it and asked me to update and try again. Unfortunately, no updates were available. I have deleted, redownloaded and still these issues persist. I simply cannot track my food and water intake with the Profile app. I feel bad for my coach who is trying so hard but can not get resolution.

Original review: July 19, 2022

It’s okay. I lost a lot of weight on Profile a couple years ago but gained it all back. It’s really hard to stay with now. So many need a better transition plan. I quit doing the coaching. I don’t live close to a profile store so did the calls by phone which definitely weren’t very effective mostly because they weren’t in person.

Original review: July 19, 2022

My experience with the Tanglewood store was wonderful! The program was working really well for me and I even endorsed the program for an ad in a local publication. I can't say enough positive things about them, but then that store closed. I was transferred to the Katy store and the counselors there made me feel like I was not worth working with. They did not understand me, nor did they offer guidance that was helpful to me. When I finally realized I was spinning my wheels with them, I asked for them to transition me from Profile food to a regular diet. They would rattle off some ideas and got off the phone as soon as possible. As a consequence, I've regain all of my weight. Deeply disappointed in how I was treated and in the failure of Profiles to meet their obligation to me as a client.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Jill is always knowledgeable, motivating, helpful, and friendly. She tries to motivate me and keep me accountable to reach my goals. She is always quick to answer any questions and concerns I might have. She also tries to help me get the best value with my product purchases.

Profile Plan response

Hey Michael! We are glad to hear you have had such a great relationship with your coach, Jill. Our coaches love what they do because of amazing members like yourself. Thank you for the kind words, we wish you a happy and healthy day!

Original review: July 19, 2022

When I went on this program in August of '19, I was 360 some pounds. And by the end of the calendar year, I had gotten down to as low as 277. I hadn't been that light since probably some time my junior year in college. With Profile, I learned how to enjoy vegetables for the first time in my life. Now, I really enjoy having them every meal. The coaches are generally pretty knowledgeable. I’ve been on the program now for coming up on three years this month and I had tremendous success in the first six months. If you follow Profile Plan's plan, you’ll lose about 2 to 2.5 pounds a week literally doing nothing other than getting up, going to work, and not even walking any extra. If you would super charge that and start walking more, about every 45,000 steps that you take, you burn an extra pound.

I'm not gonna say that Profile was like the silver elixir in life, because it's not. It’s a supercharged super elixir. You can totally do what Profile does if you want to do it the hard way and the slow way. If a person wants to change their eating habits and increase their exercise, bottom line, that's what Profile does. But if you can follow these fairly strict rules, in my opinion, and when I say strict, strict to the extent that there are just things you can't do period, if you follow those rules, the weight loss accelerates. Because they've got you in this ketosis type burning, which is very slow, so your body doesn’t stress, and at the same time, you can burn faster and longer. And so, it’s not like you really have to do anything.

In the first six months of the program, I was 20 pounds lower than I am right now. So I'm a backslider. COVID hit, and COVID hasn't been kind to anybody. It certainly made a lot of personal choices very difficult when you're locked in in the same place for two years and can't go anywhere or do anything. It totally threw me off track. But I realized that the issue with Profile is not that their program doesn’t work, it’s that it doesn’t work if you don’t stick to it and don’t do your end of the commitment, i.e., follow through with those choices. So that’s where I’m back at. I recommitted myself last week to starting it and I’m already down almost 10 pounds.

Profile Plan response

Joe, thank you for the review. We really appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear you have recommitted yourself. Whether you're on day one or 3 years into your weight loss journey, it is important to take the time to smile at yourself in the mirror and appreciate the progress you've made. No matter the rollercoaster, you should be SO proud of yourself, especially for taking this big step of recommitting. Thank you for letting us continue to be apart of your journey!

Original review: July 18, 2022

All the staff at 69th and Minnesota ave have been great at concentrating on my goal. Very supportive and care about my welfare trying to reach my goal. It’s been a struggle with all the surgeries and health issues I have had in the past year.

Profile Plan response

Hi Carl. I'm so happy to hear that the coaches at the 69th location have been supportive and caring. Have a great day!

Original review: July 18, 2022

Profile got me on the right track to a healthier me. Candace, my coach was absolutely amazing and extremely encouraging. I could not have asked for a better coach and now a lifelong friend. I cannot say enough about the program. I have gotten 2 other friends on it and it has been amazing to watch them succeed in the program as well. They give you all the right tools, recipes, foods, and support that you will need and more! Profile for life!

Profile Plan response

Crystal, we are so happy for you! At Profile we gave you the tools you needed to succeed, but it was YOUR hard work and dedication that truly transformed your life. We are very proud to hear that Profile Plan was not only helpful for your weight loss journey, but your friends as well. Thank you for being great!

Original review: July 18, 2022

Working with coaches here in Rochester has been great. There is a losing weight but also gaining some back as you adjust diet. The coaches help you through this and staying active. They enjoy talking with you and learning your goals. The food is good and easy plans to follow.

Profile Plan response

Hello Craig! We are glad to hear your experience with Profile Rochester has been so positive and love hearing that you enjoyed Profile from all angles: coaching, food, plans. We are so proud of you and thankful we were able to be a part of your weight loss journey.

Original review: July 18, 2022

The people were very nice, however the owner of that location was overbearing. Was more concerned with me not being vaccinated for COVID. I have not returned, program was also expensive. I would have continued if the program was more affordable and there was someone else to coach me.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Profile Plan is easy to follow. I've lost 94 pounds. When you're busy, it’s grabbing a shake and going and that's the easiest part to do. I don’t do the coaching sessions anymore though. I quit when covid came around when they stopped doing it. They started back up but I was so far in the program where I didn't feel like I needed to.

Jodi,

94 pounds, that's amazing!! Congrats, we are awed at your effort and determination to keep your health in check even with a major roadblock. We can't wait to see you continue to crush your goals and live your healthiest lifestyle yet!

Original review: July 16, 2022

I needed to lose weight and the plan sounded like it fit my lifestyle. The counselor has been very nice at providing information and encouragement.

Profile Plan response

Donna, we are glad to hear Profile Plan was the right fit for you! We work hard everyday to make our members weight loss journey as simple and sustainable as possible. A big part of member success comes from the support of our health coaches who are by your side to make sure you are staying motivated, encouraged and crushing your goals. Congrats on your success, we are so proud we were able to be a part of your journey!

Original review: July 11, 2022

My experience with Profile has always been very positive. Megan is a very special Coach and has been a large part of my success with Profile. The products have been very good and satisfying. Thank you Megan and the Coeur d’Alene office for your support and always making me feel welcome.

Profile Plan response

Barb, we are so happy to hear you not only were satisfied with your Profile plan, but had such a strong relationship with your health coach, Megan, as well. Everyone needs a cheerleader when working through such a challenging journey, but having a friend that offers support and a no-judgment space makes all the difference. Again, we are thrilled you had such a positive experience and are so proud of you for reaching your goals!

Original review: July 10, 2022

I would never do Profile again or recommend it to anyone. The woman who is running the Scarsdale location is rude and condescending. The woman who was my “coach” didn't know her ** from her elbow. The program is not sustainable and encourages starvation. I woke up in the middle of the night starving with a splitting headache. When I brought it up to my “coach” nothing was done about it. I was also made to feel too guilty when I asked if I could eat fruit. FRUIT!!

Original review: July 8, 2022

My first year was excellent, I think it was $150.00 for membership. All coaches were very helpful. Was almost to the point of contacting too much. Then I went on a plan called optavia, lost 40 pounds. Got to be too expensive. Came back to Profile. Membership was $500, ridiculous, but I went with it anyway. Two maybe three coaching appointments and that was it. I left after two months, should have gotten a refund on membership. But it's done now. Hope some improvements can be made. Brian

Original review: July 8, 2022

The food/shakes did not sit well with my system, too much whey, too much sugar replacement. I had replaced my sweet tooth, but this program made my brain crave the sugar again. I was looking for help in healthy eating not a Slim Fast plan. It was not for me.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I keep getting charged a monthly fee, but have been told by two different people and locations that my membership is no longer active. Your company wants to charge me a new rate of over $400 a month - when I wasn’t paying that before. I asked for a refund of my monthly dues since I have not been able to use this membership and I didn’t get that either. I keep getting charged $32 a month for absolutely nothing. I’m going to have to cancel my card and escalate this. It’s a good product, too bad I can’t use the membership I have been paying for.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I loved my Profile journey! I loved the food, coaching, and the non pressure environment. I went at my own pace and didn’t ever feel defeated. The staff did a great job of keeping me motivated and reminding me I am human. If I got a bit sidetracked they taught me how to get back on track. I have always enjoyed life, but I enjoy it more now being healthier and more active. I enjoy working out (never thought that was possible) as well as being super mindful of my eating habits. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix which was totally worth it!

Profile Plan response

Angie, we are thrilled to hear you not only found the weight loss results you were seeking, but are living a happier life in general, enjoying yourself more than ever. At the end of the day, this is all we want at Profile! For our members to live their healthiest lifestyle yet. Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Had a great experience in the beginning and lost 25 lbs. Plateaued and then Covid. Counselors were great and product was good. I feel the program is very expensive. I have been on over two years and have spent well over $5,000. Have seen some locations closing and would not order online. Sorry it’s a good product but seems to be poorly managed and priced.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I have been on Profile for 13 months and have lost close to 40% of my body weight. I have eliminated arthritis pain in my knees, gained energy, I have started living again. Profile has taught me how to eat and how to deal with stress and other emotions that have caused me to overeat in the past. Profile has also taught me the relationship between food and activity for a healthy sustainable life.

Profile Plan response

Hey Kate! First of all, congrats!!! In 13 months you have worked your tail off and are not only seeing the results, but experiencing many non-scale victories along the way. You have no idea how proud this makes us here at Profile! We might provide you with the tools to succeed, but it is YOU who takes those tools and uses them to discover the healthiest version of yourself. We are so glad you have had such a positive experience and are thrilled to be a part your journey. You are amazing!

Original review: July 2, 2022

I like the coaching accountability and the menu planning. I’ve lost the weight I wanted to. My BMI is in a healthy range. My goal is to have healthy senior years. My knees do not bark at me when I go upstairs. I've been maintaining my weight. Lost about 20 some pounds and 4 inches.

Profile Plan response

Camille, congrats on reaching your goal! We are glad to hear Profile Plan was so helpful in your health and weight loss journey. We love that you found success (and many non-scale victories along the way) and are happy we were able to be a part of your journey. We wish you all the best!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I love my coach. She's wonderful. She's been very supportive, and encouraging. When things haven't gone the way that I wanted them to, she kind of helped me work through that and figure out what I needed to do to get back on track. I've learned a lot.

Profile Plan response

Elizabeth, we are so happy to hear you found success with Profile Plan. And on top of that, you had a great relationship with your coach and are taking away valuable lessons. This is everything we want for our members! Thank you for letting us be a part of your weight loss journey.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Too far to drive for what it is. They want you to buy their expensive products after paying a huge amount for the program. I wish I had been able to get a refund. It wasn’t a good fit for me at all. I don’t think the virtual option would have been better.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I bought a year that was fairly expensive and I was happy the location had early hours. I really enjoyed the relationship I developed with the first coach. She left and the location changed days they were open along with office hours later. It was no longer a viable option for me. If nothing had changed, I probably could have stayed on track and the large outlay of money would have been worth it. I would not recommend it.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I made an appointment and talked to Miss Ellen at Profile Plan. She asked me to try the plan for two weeks and see what would happen. During the first two weeks, I lost 10 pounds then I kept steadily losing two pounds after that. I found with Miss Ellen that I cannot eat carbohydrates. She gave me some charts and every time we went and I talked to Miss Ellen, she discussed with me. As long as I stick to my protein, my four cups of vegetables and drink the water I'm supposed to, the weight will steadily come off. I went to my endocrinologist and he said I've lost 40.

The most important thing I learned in the first two weeks was I should have been having something at 7:00, having something at 10:00, and a real lunch. Not one of their lunches, but one of my lunches. For dinner, I have one of my lunches then I usually do one of their desserts. They have a cheesecake and a lava cake, and I love the jello. I recommended Profile Plan to my friends. After I did it, I gave my daughter two weeks. She’s the same way as me. She cannot have carbs and this and that. She lost 30 pounds as well.

Profile Plan response

Hello Lisa! I'm glad your coach, Miss Ellen, at Profile Plan was so helpful in your health and weight loss journey. We love that you found success and that we were able to be a part of it. We wish you a happy and healthy day!

Original review: May 23, 2022

Save your money for a personal trainer. You will spend too much money on the food and get sick and tired of eating the same thing week after week. All it consists of is shakes, fiber and bars, way too expensive.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I felt like I was taken for my money with Profile! I signed up for in person coaching and profile left our city. I feel like I should have been offered a prorated refund at the very least. I had a horrible experience. I never got the experience I signed up for and it cost me a lot of money. I was totally ripped off! Not a happy client.

Profile Plan Company Information