2. Shopping

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

1.9/5 (137 ratings)

About Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Sonicare Toothbrush?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phillips?

Original review: July 17, 2020

Several FlexCare toothbrushes were purchased as gifts. After less than 6 months, one of them stopped working and will not shut off. Philips does NOT stand behind the product. Do not purchase. Find a company that warrants its products.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I recently reported my new Sonicare toothbrush that I received as a gift not working. I placed the toothbrush head onto the hand set and it would not stay on and it makes a loud sound. Did you know that they do ship replacements to Hawaii? I offered to pay for shipping and handling. I mentioned this to my friends here in my office and to my family about their policy not helping me because I lived in Hawaii. It is so ironic because others who have had problems say that the Phillips company has mailed out to them products. What? He said they do not mail out to Hawaii! And another thing. Each time I called I have to wait a long time before anyone helps me. For example today, 7/10, I have been waiting 25 min. Then a recording just came on that they are closed. Be careful when purchasing this product.

Original review: June 27, 2020

So I decided to pay the remaining balance of my toothbrush off but 2 day later I was billed the monthly subscription fee. I emailed and called and they said I didn’t pay it off but my bank shows different. They are still trying to charge me the subscription fee next month even after showing proof that my balance was paid through my bank. They are thieves.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I truly wanted to buy a Sonicare $200 electric toothbrush. First, the product descriptions do a very poor job of giving the differences between the 3 brushes, and no phone numbers to call, to talk to a person. I went ahead and tried to order the best brush. Sadly, the system would not take my credit card, which works perfectly. So, I called the 800 number, and it stated that all customer service reps were working from home! Really? Most of the world is back to work! Then it transferred me to someone's home, where I couldn't understand what they were saying. So, I called back again, and after 10 minutes, it cut me off! Sad, I hear they make a good product... I'd buy it, if that were possible.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I've owned 2 Sonicare toothbrushes (about £200 worth of toothbrushes) within the past 5 years. I've always taken very good care of them, allowing full charges and discharges. Both of them malfunctioned and stopped working well before what I would consider an acceptable time. The first one I gave the benefit of the doubt that it was just a duff battery when it stopped working (wouldn't charge) after around 2 years. The second one then then stopped working after about the same time. This was not a battery issue as suspected with the first one. This malfunction was such that it turned itself on randomly, and annoyingly in the middle of the night. The power button was unresponsive and I had to wait for it to stop vibrating on its own. It then wouldn't turn on and then kept vibrating on and off randomly. Very disappointing. In short, I won't be buying anything Philips ever again, and I would suggest that you don't either.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Bought 2 brand new Diamond clean toothbrushes. 1 was missing the water seal. Phillips would not accept responsibility for missing items. This is not a company people should be dealing with. If you cant stand behind your products, then why should customers buy it? 200+ in the trash. Thanks Phillips.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Initial experience from this pricey, high-performance electric toothbrush was excellent, exceeding expectations. However, within 3-4 months, the toothbrush became very noisy and vibrated irregularly with nowhere near the efficiency that it had worked at the onset, with single-user use. Thinking that I just had a defective model, I purchased a new toothbrush (having mislaid my receipt) - and this, too had to be replaced again, some 3-4 months later. 3-4 months on, this, too, is now faulty. This is not a robust product. While the initial performance is impressive, buyer beware. This is a very expensive product, and one would expect that it would last for at least 1 if not 2 years.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

My Diamond Clean toothbrush had a major fault in December 2019. They sent me a new one. The replacement then had a major fault at the end of December. They sent me a new one. The second replacement developed a major fault, with exactly the same fault as the previous one within a few days. Despite agreeing to a video call showing them (and helping them) they refused to send me another one. That is 3 Diamond Clean faults in 2 months. Would anybody bother to buy one of these. I hope not! I will be looking at alternatives and never buy Philips again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased the Philips Sonicare from Costco. Had an issue where it would not charge. Philips replaced it with a new device. However in less than 6 months the replaces device was defective where the vibrating part becomes loose and the brush doesn’t vibrate properly. When I called Philips the customer service rep said that since they had already replaced it once the warranty was no longer in effect. The supervisor who came on after I requested to speak to one said the system would not allow him to replace the defective device and if I wanted a new one I could buy it at 25% off their inflated retail price on their website. I finally hung up in frustration and called Costco. I must say Costco has the best customer service. They said, "No problem, just take it to one of their stores and get it replaced at no charge." Thank you Costco. I might just exchange it for an Oral B. I heard they are better.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My DiamondClean toothbrush randomly stopped working in less than a year, under warranty. Luckily, I registered the thing on the Philips website with a picture of the original receipt. Therefore, I figured it would be easy to get a replacement. Boy was I wrong—I had countless phone calls and chats with overseas customer service representatives who simply could "not understand the issue". I told them there was nothing wrong with the outlet or the charger, but that the brush had simply stopped working and won't turn on. Still, they insisted on sending me a new charger to "try first". Like no, I spent $200 on this thing and I want to brush my teeth with vibration.

I remember one phone call, she simply told me she would call me back at a later time because she couldn't understand that I wanted a replacement. It was so strange. It truly was. I wasn't being rude at all, I was simply asking them to honour warranty. Anyway, the new brush finally came...and promptly stopped working as well. I am devastated. I think these brushes are just very fragile. Mine was charging and kind of fell off the charger. I wonder if it jostled the battery too much? I think it is cheaply made. I had such a dreadful customer service experience that I'm just going to call it a day and buy a new electric toothbrush from a different brand.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I returned the toothbrush as soon as it arrived because I decided to buy it cash from Best Buy so I ended my subscription and returned the toothbrush expecting a refund. Fast forward a month later 20 calls to customer service, numerous online chat with Philips, no refund, no resolution – only PROMISES that they escalated the case to the subscription department and someone will reach out or just refund me the 2 charges I already got for a product I NEVER used. I have all the proof that UPS returned my toothbrush but guess what ....You can reach the subscription "team" only by phone. No e-mail to send them proofs. Bunch of clueless barely speaking English workers on the other end. Super frustratingggg.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

During the 3 year extended warranty period my toothbrush was replaced 4 times. Each time it was the same problem... The metal face plate was lifting off. Philips claimed they never had this problem. Now my wife's toothbrush will frequently not turn on and when it does the motor makes a strange noise. We are mature adults and clean the toothbrushes after each use. Considering the cost of these units the quality/reliability is not what it should be. I also have an Oral B toothbrush that has worked fine for 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My mother purchased me a Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush before Christmas last year. My toothbrush, not even a year later, just stopped working. When I called in to customer service the woman said they had had a lot of toothbrushes be sold with old bases so that’s probably what happened and my toothbrush was out of warranty. She could give me a 20% coupon and that’s it. I checked my warranty on the box and it said two years. My mother, who bought it, went back to Bed Bath and Beyond but because her credit card had been replaced due to unknown charges on her card months prior, Bed Bath and Beyond couldn’t provide proof of purchase. Sonicare says that the toothbrush handle was manufactured in 2015 according to the serial number, but it was not actually purchased until 2018. They are saying that it is not their problem and then I need to buy a new toothbrush if I want one.

This is the worst customer service! They just want to upsell me and are saying it’s my fault for not looking at serial number and known when handle was made. How would I ever know that?! I’m looking into a better company for a toothbrush where at least they will honor their warranty. It’s not the way to treat someone who has has helped keep them in business for a decade.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I’m really surprised with negative reviews! My toothbrush worked just amazing for more than a year, and once I started getting a problem with the on/off button - the customer service was extremely helpful. I received a new brush with complimentary brush heads. The operator did verify the serial number, so if you have an authentic product - Philips will have you covered.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Toothbrush works fine. Having serious problems with brushes. I feel the bristles are a safety hazard as they detached while brushing, causing me to choke. Called Philips, they did send replacements but unfortunately the problem continued. Notified them twice in January with their promise to investigate. I have not had a response to date. No, I would not recommend this product.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Purchased a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush about a year ago. Recently Costco had a small display on their replacement brushes. Before I bought them I checked out their website to see how to remove the brush from the handle. "All you do is pull out the brush." Well as much as I twisted and pulled it would not come out. I called their customer "service" and was told they cannot help me since the warranty does cover the brush and all she could recommend was to buy a NEW ONE!!!! Well since that would never happen I asked if I could send it in and if one of their people could pull it out. Guess what she said? "Sorry no can do." If you are not looking for an electric toothbrush that will fail and then get a brush off from the company, then stay away from this company.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The battery life for this toothbrush is short and cannot be repaired. I have bought 2 of these and they last about 16 months before breaking down. The customer service and support is poor and this company will not honor the warranty. It's not at all cost effective and sent me running to an Oral-B. BEWARE, STAY FAR WAY FROM THIS BRAND.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I have bought 5 Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean toothbrushes during last 4 years. The first three I bought for the family members and myself and they all stopped working in 1.5 years. Second time I bought more expensive thinking that company could fix the bugs in the design... but no. Maybe it is nice to have an app downloaded and know how you brush your teeth etc. However, the design or hardware work is still the same. Both brushes (my husband and mine) are stop functioning in less than 2 years. Why company make a very expensive product, advertise this product as the best, but really what it is come down is to waste of your money. Factory warranty expires and brush "expired" as well. Now I am looking for an alternative Sonicare toothbrush ... because I do not want to waste my money on this one anymore.

Original review: June 19, 2019

3rd toothbrush in 5 years stopped working again. I am now looking for another brand of toothbrush. I am on my 3rd toothbrush and my husband is on his 2nd. They replaced one. Less than a year later it quit. I called again and was told they had done all they would. I would not recommend this toothbrush and definitely not their customer service. Whitney **.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My second Sonicare toothbrush stopped working. This is the second one that I have Purchased with in the last four years. At a cost of $200 per toothbrush over a 4 year period, that comes out to $100 per year to use a Sonicare, which doesn’t even include the cost of the brushes! It appears that the toothbrush doesn’t hold a charge. I spoke to a supervisor at Sonicare about the issue, and was offered a 40% discount to purchase a new one. Even with a 40% discount, it still comes out to almost $100 for a new one, which will probably last less than two years. Well I think the Sonicare toothbrush performed well, I’m going to cut my losses and move on to a different brand made out of better quality materials, and with a company that cares about their customers.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I just went online to purchase brush heads using a 25% discount card sent with warrantied replacement toothbrush. Price was $39.95. Entered discount code. Price jumped up 25% then was discounted back down to $39.95. I called to ask for help which was offered. Then I was told they were on sale already and discounts were not available. Price was not allowed to go any lower. I checked Walmart on-line price which was also $39.95. It's bad enough the brush heads are this expensive and barely last 3 months, but to not honor a discount coupon should be illegal.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Purchased the DiamondClean expecting the quality of materials used to manufacture would be better than the much less expensive versions. Panasonic has a 2 year warranty which I’m sure like anything else, they understand the time period in which these units will malfunction not to mention, you HAVE TO KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT in order to obtain any support up to two years. Registration of unit does not count for proof of purchase.

After a little over 2 years, my DiamondClean did not have the same vibration. I replace the brush head every 4-6 months and assumed perhaps it was time for a new head. The unit maintained the low vibration which had me curious to look online for issues regarding this brush. What I found was numerous accounts of the same issue and techies attempting to repair on their own. There happen to be a weak point in the metal that attaches the brush head shaft to the vibration mechanism which will break over time. Normally, I just throw my brush away and purchase a new Sonicare, but after paying over $250 + $30 (brush head) on a toothbrush that Panasonic refuses to support, I wonder who the real sucker is here. If you choose to purchase a Sonicare, purchase the cheapest model possible, it’s all the same. Case# **

Original review: May 22, 2019

One had it for almost 4 years now, purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond in 2015. My only issue was the base charging broke. I saw replacement base chargers on sale on Amazon for a $35 each. Instead of holding company and they send me a new one free of charge. Customer service does not get better than that. The products are the best and the customer service is unparalleled. I'll be a Sonicare toothbrush customer for the rest of my life.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have had 5 Sonicare toothbrushes in my life and after my current one just broke last night I genuinely don't think I can continue with the brand. Every single one breaks before 3 years and this one before 1 year. This one when I press power button is beeping and buzzing lightly for 2 minutes before switching off. A couple before just died and had no noise, light or buzz. Just so unreliable. It's a shame as they give the best clean but maybe I'm not trying the right competitors. Think it's time for me to say goodbye to Sonicare!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband and I bought twice Sonicare. First set after 2 years stopped working completely. After few months we bought second set. We thought maybe the first set was defective! After one year the bulb on cleaning device was off, so we wouldn't be able to clean brushes anymore. Since it was one year we could not use warranty too. Again after 2 years both brushes battery dead completely. I am not sure why they do false advertising for something that it not worth to work more than 2 years.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Purchased two Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush back in 2011. Within the first year both were quickly replaced by Philips when I had problems with them. Since then they have traveled, literally thousands of miles all around Mexico, by car, bus, plane and boat and are still working awesomely. Had a couple of little problems with excess vibrations but a quick Google search led me to an easy fix, that involves nothing more than opening up the toothbrush and tightening a screw (which after years of constant movement is understandably going to work loose). We have always felt that the replacement heads are a little expensive but prices have come down and we have been able to find good deals on Amazon. In conclusion I would buy them again and would recommend others to do so.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I find it interesting that after googling, "Sonicare toothbrush turning on by itself," I was led to a 5+-year-old Facebook post, as well as numerous complaints littered throughout the Web. My toothbrush kept my husband and I up all night, last night. I finally had to wrap it in a washcloth and seal it in a metal canister. It took 3 hours for it to supposedly drain the battery. I did not hear a peep all day, and it started up again a few minutes ago, all by itself. Clearly, they have a major design flaw that the company will not admit. I know that my product is out of warranty, but I will not be contacting Philips, because all they offer is a coupon, and I don't want it. I just ordered a brand new Oral B 6000. My husband has had his Oral B as long as I have had my Sonicare, and has never had an issue. So, thanks for the memories.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have had my Sonicare set just over two years and the battery will now no longer charge. I know people who have very old Sonicare and they still hold a charge and work. I was recommended this product by my dentist - I think dentist should change their recommendations because they must be thinking of the Sonicare company of the past which made products that were quite reliable. The company has really changed the beat of its drum. I feel ripped off having spent almost $200 for this product and have very little respect for this company that is mass producing these landfill destined items.

Original review: March 21, 2019

This thing is crap. I bought the first gen Oral B years ago and it still works. Bought this garbage not even 2 years ago and only get about 30 seconds worth of charge on it. Going back to the old Oral B and if it ever dies, I'll get the newer version of that.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchased the Philips Sonicare Toothbrush, model number HX9340, on 8/28/2014. The product performed well, giving my teeth a very thorough cleaning, especially at removing plaque. Much better than a typical hand operated toothbrush. However, after about 4.5 years of daily use, the brush suddenly had greatly diminished vibrations. The metal spindle at the tip of the handle, which the brush sits on, which transfers the vibration to the brush, was very loose.

Went to the Philips website, but there is very little information about what replacement parts are available, and when I entered the date of purchase, the first thing that comes up is that your product is out of warranty (mine had a two year warranty, so that is true). Then you are directed to an online purchase site... To purchase a new handle. Apparently the handle assembly is not repairable. At one point the website offered me a 15% discount coupon, but during the registration process to get that coupon, the form is locked into UK address. Since I live in USA, I cannot complete the form.

Terrible customer service, and lack of support for their products, which apparently are throw away products after just a few short years. I have a Philips shaver, that has a similar problem. The transmission component (which is plastic) which transfers the vibration into a side to side motion at the cutter tip, was so worn, that it could not overcome the friction on the cutter head, even with extra lubricating oil.

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Company Information