2.50/5

Need a good hearing aid?

Need a good hearing aid?

80 Oticon Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought two new hearing aids from Hearing Life and they were Oticon OPN S1. Over $7000 and within 60 days I had to send in one of them to repair. I was told it might be two weeks before I get it back. I think a product that goes out that quick should be replaced with new. I wish I would have know about the lack of quality so I could have bought something more reliable. Next time I will check with Consumer Reports before I buy Oticon. Not a satisfied customer.

Original review: May 25, 2019

At first, I thought them marvelous, though expensive. That was at first. Very soon they started being temperamental: one or both would simply cease to function. Then they would be fine for while, but only for while. Both after only a year or two had to be sent back for repairs--repairs that did not last long. The biggest problem is that, while on the phone--the reason that I bought these devilishly expensive items--one of them just drops off. I am left with only one ear functioning. I write this now from the UK where I do some teaching each year. I a scarcely can use my iPhone because the right side hearing aide just drops away. In the midst of the call I have to remove the aide, restart it, talk for about thirty second more when it departs again. Is ii and wonder I feel I have been sold a bill of goods?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have had these now for a little over two months. My previous hearing aids were Starkey, which were good, but after 5 years, my hearing had changed, and my VA audiologist said I was due for new aids. What others have said here is consistent with my experience, as to the sound. My own voice booms in my ears. My breathing sounds like Darth Vader. I often have to ask people to repeat, or to spell a word. Especially when there is more than one person speaking, or in rooms full of people, I’m lost. I strain, cup my ears with my hands, try to adjust the volume, and get perhaps 20% of what is said.

The Bluetooth feature is good, but not as good as my Apple earphones. I can’t get “Live Listen” to work. And even after my audiologist has made two adjustments, the devices don’t sit as comfortably in my ears —or as securely— as my old aids did. The left aid battery stopped working, and the new one takes longer to charge than the right one. I am an early riser, and it’s always still charging when the right one is charged, and sometimes gives out around 5:30 p.m. My VA audiologist is just great, really dedicated, and it’s still a work in progress, but It’s been disappointing.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I went from a moderate hearing loss to profoundly deaf in a matter of months wearing Opn's. These devices only magnify volume and do nothing for helping you hear better. I can't watch movies, listen to music, or go to plays. Church services and sporting events are painful. If I turn the volume down, I am totally deaf. Conversations are extremely difficult unless the person I am talking yells. Thanks to Oticon, my problem became a full blown handicap.

Original review: March 29, 2019

So I have recently purchase the Oticon Bluetooth hearing aid and I always seem to be having problem with my right one. It feels like my voice is echo and if I turn them down I can't hear. I clean them every day and it seem every 2nd day I am changing my battery. I contact the hearing life and tell them of my problem and still gotta wait. I have been deaf since newborn but I am hearing impaired. Since I had them I notice I don't yell anymore but when I take them off I can't hear anything anymore. I'm feeling depressed and anxious when I talk now because my speech is not clear enough. What can I do about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oticon Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 27, 2019

These hearing aids were the only ones available through my insurance. I was told they would make it easy for me to hear voices such as my 5 year old grandson. I also volunteer to help kindergarteners how to read. I thought this would help me hear the children much better. All the hearing aid does is make noise louder. I still can't hear people clearly. I'm now stuck with these hearing aids. When I went a check-up, I was told to give it time. Time isn't the problem... Hearing clearly is!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have 2 Oticon hearing aids for the last 11 months. Their marketing is outstanding, yet I can't hear speech well, like I did on my Widex aids. I also can't hear better with background noise. They are not worth the money. Also, I asked the corporate office if I could exchange my aids for the receiver in the ear instead of the receiver in the hearing aid and they said absolutely not. That was my only hope to keep these aids. I can't wait to buy the aids that I can hear with clearly. It was a terrible purchase... Find yourself a better aid. Thanks.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was lied to and told the Oticon would stream with a Samsung Android phone. It will not, What they do is connect with the phone and allow you to turn the volume up and down or mute but not much else. THEY WILL NOT STREAM A PHONE CONVERSATION FROM A SAMSUNG ANDROID PHONE, YOU MUST HAVE AN IPHONE.

Original review: March 1, 2019

So far these hearing aids, Oticon Opn 2, are great. Love the Bluetooth technology and syncing up to my iPhone easy easy. Audible clarity is outstanding once properly adjusted by the audiologist. At issue though, is the rechargeable option. The batteries do last almost 19 hours a charge, however, in this day and age when a cellphone takes less than an hour to charge, it takes 4 plus hours to recharge these, time that some of us don’t have. Moreover, you cannot find replacement batteries anywhere except certain audiologists. The charger itself should come with a cover to protect the charging contractors when the charger is not in use. Moreover, the charger itself should be able to not only charge the hearing aids, but should also be capable of charging spare batteries as well, which is the option these days for most chargers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My 14 year old son has moderate hearing loss in both ears and has worn hearing aids since he was 1 month old. In all of the years that he’s had hearing aids, we’ve NEVER experienced a pair as AWFUL as these! He has had this pair for about 2 years now and we’ve had to get them repaired and replaced well over 10-15 times. That’s a lot for a teenager to have his hearing aid go out on him in class or anytime at all. Like I’ve said BOTH have even been replaced because they were under warranty, however the replacements were just as bad! My poor son doesn’t even wear them to play sports because he was told by the audiologist that “this could be happening because of sweat” so he’s afraid to get them moist. When in all actuality that is probably one of the most important times that he should be wearing them so he can hear his coach, other teammates and opponents.

Now one of the hearing aids doesn’t even connect to the Oticon system at the audiologist’s office for her to have the ability to run tests on it or change the volume etc. Of course now it’s too late to get them repaired or replaced without charge because the warranty is up. This was so disappointing, especially with how much these cost us, thousands of dollars! We were told they were “top of the line”??? My son has always been athletic and sweaty and we’ve never had issues like this with his pediatric Phonak hearing aids. But he’s a teen now and has different needs. I’m hoping to find a better option for him ASAP!

Oticon Hearing Aids Company Information