2.49/5

Need a good hearing aid?

Need a good hearing aid?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Oticon Hearing Aids Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have a pair of Oticon Opn1 miniRITE. I have been using them for just over a year, they are not as good as Oticon's very slick advertising claims them to be, they are a good sound amplifier but not much else. As for picking out voices in a room full of people is nonsense. There should be some kind of official body to fully test their claims before they are allowed to make them. When you are spending nearly £3,500 on a couple of these aids you want to be sure the company claims are correct.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Have had mine over a year. Nothing but problems! They were sent back twice and came back with the same problem. A lot of background noise and a echo problem. Would not recommend this product. Audiologist has even call the company..so I going back Again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 9, 2019

I get my hearing aids through the VA. I had been getting Phonak for the past few years but the last time they gave me Oticon. Possibly because they were cheaper. They have been returned for repairs at least three times in the past year. One of the times one of them sounded like it had a cracked speaker. When they came back the problem hadn't been fixed. Then the Bluetooth stopped working so they went back to the VA for repairs. When I got them back I was told they had been replaced. The connect clip would only connect to one ear. Fortunately the VA had another on hand that would connect to both ears.

I went home thinking they will finally work. Unfortunately, while the connect clip will control both aids it will only connect the Bluetooth to one of them. I really wish the VA had a contract with Costco because theirs work great. That's where my wife bought hers. So they'll go back to the VA and hopefully they can find someone to fix them. If I had a choice Oticon would NOT be what I would choose. And I would not recommend them to anyone. I have been wearing hearing aids for well over 20 years and these are the worst I have ever had.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I’ve had my hearing aid since January 2019 and it has never worked properly. It continually disconnects and I have to change the batteries every two days. It was sent back to the manufacture by the VA who allegedly rebuilt them with no noticeable improvement. My contact at the VA thought the problem may be moisture and has provided two different mechanisms to keep them dry but these have afforded no change. I would strongly suggest not purchasing this product.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought two new hearing aids from Hearing Life and they were Oticon OPN S1. Over $7000 and within 60 days I had to send in one of them to repair. I was told it might be two weeks before I get it back. I think a product that goes out that quick should be replaced with new. I wish I would have know about the lack of quality so I could have bought something more reliable. Next time I will check with Consumer Reports before I buy Oticon. Not a satisfied customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oticon Hearing Aids?

Original review: May 25, 2019

At first, I thought them marvelous, though expensive. That was at first. Very soon they started being temperamental: one or both would simply cease to function. Then they would be fine for while, but only for while. Both after only a year or two had to be sent back for repairs--repairs that did not last long. The biggest problem is that, while on the phone--the reason that I bought these devilishly expensive items--one of them just drops off. I am left with only one ear functioning. I write this now from the UK where I do some teaching each year. I a scarcely can use my iPhone because the right side hearing aide just drops away. In the midst of the call I have to remove the aide, restart it, talk for about thirty second more when it departs again. Is ii and wonder I feel I have been sold a bill of goods?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have had these now for a little over two months. My previous hearing aids were Starkey, which were good, but after 5 years, my hearing had changed, and my VA audiologist said I was due for new aids. What others have said here is consistent with my experience, as to the sound. My own voice booms in my ears. My breathing sounds like Darth Vader. I often have to ask people to repeat, or to spell a word. Especially when there is more than one person speaking, or in rooms full of people, I’m lost. I strain, cup my ears with my hands, try to adjust the volume, and get perhaps 20% of what is said.

The Bluetooth feature is good, but not as good as my Apple earphones. I can’t get “Live Listen” to work. And even after my audiologist has made two adjustments, the devices don’t sit as comfortably in my ears —or as securely— as my old aids did. The left aid battery stopped working, and the new one takes longer to charge than the right one. I am an early riser, and it’s always still charging when the right one is charged, and sometimes gives out around 5:30 p.m. My VA audiologist is just great, really dedicated, and it’s still a work in progress, but It’s been disappointing.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I went from a moderate hearing loss to profoundly deaf in a matter of months wearing Opn's. These devices only magnify volume and do nothing for helping you hear better. I can't watch movies, listen to music, or go to plays. Church services and sporting events are painful. If I turn the volume down, I am totally deaf. Conversations are extremely difficult unless the person I am talking yells. Thanks to Oticon, my problem became a full blown handicap.

Original review: March 29, 2019

So I have recently purchase the Oticon Bluetooth hearing aid and I always seem to be having problem with my right one. It feels like my voice is echo and if I turn them down I can't hear. I clean them every day and it seem every 2nd day I am changing my battery. I contact the hearing life and tell them of my problem and still gotta wait. I have been deaf since newborn but I am hearing impaired. Since I had them I notice I don't yell anymore but when I take them off I can't hear anything anymore. I'm feeling depressed and anxious when I talk now because my speech is not clear enough. What can I do about it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

These hearing aids were the only ones available through my insurance. I was told they would make it easy for me to hear voices such as my 5 year old grandson. I also volunteer to help kindergarteners how to read. I thought this would help me hear the children much better. All the hearing aid does is make noise louder. I still can't hear people clearly. I'm now stuck with these hearing aids. When I went a check-up, I was told to give it time. Time isn't the problem... Hearing clearly is!

Oticon Hearing Aids Company Information