Dollar Shave Club

• 5%
  • 1%
  • 92%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I was a happy DollarShaveClub customer for several years. Like them so much, I ordered them to be delivered monthly to my father too. Then a couple years ago they switched to the new style razors. Looked good, so I ordered the fancy handle with the copper trim and all was good for months until the handle broke and would not connect to the razors. Then some of the plastic connections on the blades would break after one use, then the replacement handle broke again and will not stay connected to the razors. Just poor quality and the customer service in the past few years is difficult to reach.

Currently I have been waiting 12 days to hear back from my email to them and unable to get a reply from FB messenger and Chat feature on their website. I tried to stop last shipment of blades but it came anyway because they did not acknowledge my email other than a bot reply stating it may take longer than stated 48 hrs to reply because they were busy. Very disappointing experience considering for years I was a huge fan of DSC.

Reviewed July 7, 2023

The older style razors and handles were very easy to use. They lasted for quite a few shaves. The new razors stay sharp forever because it's almost impossible to get the handle attached to the razor. Who knows why they changed the design. But they're not worth anything. They also make it very difficult to cancel the subscription. So you're still paying for razors that can't even be used until the subscription is finally canceled.

Reviewed July 1, 2023

Dollar Shave recently changed their website. You had activate your account back, prior to this I had changed my address, back to my residence, after working out of the area, I received one package to this address, I deleted the other address 3 times on Dollar Club site, but this address kept returning. Have made 2 e mails to Dollar Shave Club is 3 weeks, 0 response from anyone, only they are really could take weeks to respond? Been with Shave Club for over 5 years, at one time you could call and talk to a real person and issues were resolved in 5 mins now? Due to the lack of customer service I canceled my subscription, will shop elsewhere.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 29, 2023

I purchased a razor with blades. Got it. No issues. Liked it. Ordered more blades. Never got them. Sent 5 emails, chatted 2 times and still nothing. No refund either. Very upset and frustrated. My fault for not reading the reviews, only good thing is got blades on Amazon. Would NOT recommend them. Hope this is helpful.

Reviewed June 25, 2023

I was with DSC for years. Apparently they started with a new blade system and did not inform their customers! Just continued to send me blades for a razor handle that once broken, could not be replaced. When I tried to order a new one I didn't discover it wouldn't fit until after I paid for it and it arrived at my house. Horrible customer experience, why would you continue to produce and sell blades will be useless at some point.

Reviewed June 18, 2023

I was a huge DSC fan. HUGE! Watched the Mike Rubin YouTube ad 4000 times. Hilarious. Awesome. It sold me. But then a giant woke company Unilever just had to screw it up. Old shave was best shave ever. Close. Comfortable. Safe. Loved the retro styled handle. You know. Like grandpa’s handle. The guy who had one blade. And polio. New handle feels like cheap Bic. Blade shoots and slides all over my face on its own. Have to go over same area 10 times and it still feels like I haven’t shaved at all. Feels like I’m going to cut myself any second. How badly can I actually review this horrible product? If this had been my first time I would’ve never subscribed. I would never had sold the many other users to it because they’re all canceling too. Looks like Jeremy has a bunch of new customers. So long Mike! Great ad. Great shave. Ruined by greed and stupidity!

Reviewed June 17, 2023

I was a DSC member for years. Great price. Quality product. For some reason they chose to switch to a new blade system which is honestly the most infuriating product I’ve ever used. I never review anything but wow this compelled me. Without fail the blade pops off at least once every shave. Putting it back on is confusing and works differently every time. As a decades long razor user, I didn’t think attaching blades needed an instruction manual. Apparently these do. Absurd. Oh and the shave is awful once the blade is actually on. Stay away.

Reviewed June 15, 2023

Dollar Shave Club used to have good customer service and quality. But about four months ago they forced a new shaver blade and razer on us. It’s terrible and cheap crap! It’s uncomfortable to shave and it doesn’t shave well. And I’ve tried for a whole week to contact them to cancel my membership, but nobody answers! This is a horrible company! Don’t do business with them. Buy Gillette which has excellent products!

Reviewed June 12, 2023

I have been using DSC razors for a few years now. They worked well and I like receiving new blades every few months. I recently received their "new" blade line and it is absolutely horrible. I do not feel it does a great job at all. Bring back the old blades. Thankfully I still have a few of the old blades left and when those are gone, I will move on and find something new.

Reviewed June 10, 2023

I used DSC for my razors for years. I’ve never used such a terrible razor since they changed them. These six blades do not even compare to the previous version. I now have to find new razors to use because I spend way too much time just trying to get the razor to simply do what it’s suppose to.

Reviewed June 9, 2023

After years of satisfaction with the 4 blade razor, the company sent me their new version. I assumed it would be at least as good. But it just doesn't provide a close enough shave. Today, I actually shaved twice, but it still looks and feels bad. I'm done with the club.

Reviewed June 8, 2023

Customer service is TERRIBLE. If I could do 0 stars I would. Somehow when ordering a second handle 7 got put in my cart. I would not have done this on purpose obviously. Yet they are refusing to take back the unopened in-used handles. What does one do with 6 extra handles??? I am reconsidering this membership.

Reviewed June 7, 2023

Like the many others here, I was a happy Dollar Shave Club member for over 5 years. The executive blades were reasonably priced and gave a great shave. In 2023, for some reason, this handle and blades were retired, and a new "improved" handle and blades were introduced (which you can get at Walmart now). The new "improved" blades don't fit on your old handle, so you've got to get a new "improved" handle. Both the handle and the blades are terrible quality and don't give a good shave. I'm out.

Reviewed May 31, 2023

I'll echo other reviews. I became a DSC member shortly after seeing their YouTube advertisement. Never had a single issue with the old Heritage razors. Yeah, the handle would wear out after a year or two but that to me was no big deal. Just get a new handle for cheap. Got a good, close shave for cheap and got it all shipped right to my door. The ONE time I had a shipment of blades go missing years ago, I was able to get on and chat with them and get a replacement shipment sent to me right away. I loved it.

Then comes this year. All of a sudden, I'm getting a 'new, better' handle. No choice, they're just stopping my old Heritage series and rolling this thing out. Okay, I'll give it a shot. And it's absolute garbage. I can't get a close shave with these new blades and they don't stay on the handle at all. They randomly pop off the handle multiple times during my shave and when I'm done, it doesn't feel like I've shaved at all. Okay...get on the website to talk to them...oh no, the old days of getting decent customer service are long gone. Can't get anybody on chat. I've e-mailed them multiple times and the only answer I've gotten, 'Thanks for contacting us! We are currently experiencing high contact volume, and therefore, reply times may vary up to a few days. Requests will be answered in the order received, so please only submit one service request per issue so we can get back to all Members ASAP. '

So after almost 10 years with these guys, I'm done with them and their more expensive, garbage product. I can get refills to fit my old Heritage handle (not to mention handles that will fit those refills) on Amazon for a LOT cheaper than I'm paying DSC. They lost a customer by involuntarily switching me to a new inferior product, charging me more and having worse customer service. Subscription canceled.

Reviewed May 30, 2023

I have been a member of DSC for 5-6 years. During that time I have experienced great shaves with the Executive series blade (4 bladed). Without notifying me DSC has changed my order to the Club blades, an inferior product at a higher price. From smooth one pass shaving, I'm now making multiple passes, not smooth and enduring sore skin. Needless to say I don't want any more of these blades. I've tried to log in and cancel my account. Guess what, my login doesn't work, they don't answer my emails asking a cancellation of my account and there is a phone number that simply doesn't work. I've cancelled my auto payment, so hopefully I won't be getting any more of these blades. What was a great product is now no better than a Bic. Use it and toss it razor. So no customer service, discontinued product and an inferior substitute, plus an account that can't be cancelled. What a sad state of affairs.

Reviewed May 27, 2023

In February I purchased several packs of cartridges. Shortly after my handle broke, no big deal. When I attempted to buy a new handle, they were no longer available. I attempted to contact customer service, which was a nightmare. They changed the design of the handle/blades and how they connect. They told me my only option to get a new handle that would fit would be to buy a large pack of blades that would come with a new handle from their clearance at $45..... Now buying Harry's blade system at Target at the same price. At least I know if there is any problems I can return them.... Was a customer of Dollar Shave Club since 2014.... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2023

I have been a Dollar Shave Club member for years. I love the executive razor blade. I wish you would go back to that style. If you continue on making his new upgrade it razor I think I will have to cancel my subscription with you. I’m glad I’m not the only one on this site. That feels the same way. Please go back to the old style.

Reviewed May 25, 2023

Our family have used the DSC razors for years and loved them. This "new and improved" product is horrible and we had to actually pay for it. Was just sent new razors that would not fit our handle and then ordered and paid for a new handle and the product with the worst ever. Tried to go online and cancel subscription and website has changed and will not let me log on. Terrible service and product. As soon as I can get into our account they are long gone. Sad after having a great product for years!!

Reviewed May 17, 2023

I, like the many others was a member of DSC for 10 years. It was the only razor I would use. Recently they have decided to force a new razor on their customers that is dull, highly dangerous, and rather uncomfortable to hold. They then put a banner on the website saying it's under construction and you have to email so they and cancel your account. Please save your money and don't buy from them. They have a 1 star review rating with the BBB despite the A+ they claim. All reviews are awful as soon as the new products were released.

Reviewed May 15, 2023

I received DSCs new razor. All I can say is they had their BUD LIGHT marketing moment. If they do not switch back, I am dropping them. I shaved with the razor and it looked like I needed another shave.

Reviewed May 13, 2023

I, Like many others, was a loyal DSC customer for years. I was initially impressed by their hilarious ads featuring the company's founder, and I was further impressed when I actually used their product! Many years later I received their new razor instead of my usual shipment. I read the card that came with the new razor, and their claim that this new-and-improved razor was designed in response to 10 years of customer feedback. After using the new razor, however, it quickly became obvious that DSC was simply forcing an inferior product onto their customers in order to cut costs. But charging the same price for it. Terrible business decisions are nothing new these days. It seems like companies delight in alienating their customer base because they...hate making money suddenly? I don't know. But it's a shame and I hope the genius in charge of this decision gets fired.

Reviewed May 8, 2023

I’ve been a long time DSC customer. I absolutely loved them and refused to buy anything else. They’ve deleted products and changed all the remaining products for the worse. Tonight was the line — their new top razor is WORTHLESS. I don’t think I could shave a peach with it.

Reviewed May 5, 2023

Their new razor is horrible. Been a member since 2015 and loved the old razor. Did one order of the new razor and then cancelled membership. Don’t waste your money with the new razor. It would not shave my whiskers and the blade clogged up and would not clean out. Wish they never changed from the old blade and handle.

Reviewed May 4, 2023

Long time member of DSC. I'd guess at least over a decade. Had tested out a couple others during that time, but they never held a candle to DSC. That is until DSC decided to roll out a new handle and blades. The only good thing was they made the handle free since they were forcing me to abandon the one I had for years. Unfortunately, the new blades are absolute trash. First time using them I almost thought I wasn't even going to be able to finish shaving. It was so bad. I had hopes that maybe it was because my stubble had gotten a little longer than normal. But no - subsequent shaves proved to be just as frustrating and just as poor. Lots of rough spots, maybe three times the amount of time just to get close to the same as the previous blades. And the new blades definitely don't last as long. At this point, all I can say is - find another solution for your shaving needs.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 3, 2023

Used DSC for years. Suddenly changed handles and blades. Complete and utter junk. Customer service used to be responsive but not anymore. Emails, phone calls all go unanswered probably because they are being overwhelmed with complaints. I just don't get it. My subscription will be cancelled - but they probably won't care!

Reviewed April 15, 2023

I've LOVED DSC and used them for a long, long time. It surprised me when they said they were changing blades, but I gave it a try. The first shave went well, but now the blades always fall off the handle.

Reviewed April 10, 2023

My husband, two teenage sons and myself have used Dollar Shave Club for years and absolutely loved it. They just sent us the new “upgraded” razors and they are complete junk. I felt like I was using a dollar store disposable, I even cut myself which I haven’t done since switching to Dollar Shave Club. Sad but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one. Harry’s?

Reviewed April 4, 2023

They used to be great. Not so much anymore. If you need to contact them, good luck. They don't respond to emails and their phone number (not on their website, have to google it) is always busy. I had a problem with two handles they sent me in early March (they won't fit the blades they sent me and yes I did order the correct handle) and after 6 attempts, I gave up and contested the charges on my credit card. I have now cancelled my membership of 6 years and will be going to Jeremy's. It is sad because I really liked their product. After seeing other reviews about their new replacement razors, it is probably good I had this problem. I don't understand why they make it so hard to contact them. When you click on "Contact Us" it takes you to the FAQ page. After digging through the topics you finally come to an email address but no phone number.

Reviewed April 3, 2023

Just like the other reviews. I was a long time member. Then I received their new "upgraded razor." Total junk. Cheap, flimsy...pathetic. Worst part is this, they tried to say they responded to our suggestions for a better product???? What an insult. I can't find any Google review section for DSC either. Why and How are they hiding that option? I already canceled my membership and now I'm trying the Harry's brand.

Reviewed April 1, 2023

My family has been with Dollar Shave Club since day 1 and have been more than happy with the price, quality, and results of the company and products. But recently the company must have decided their customers don't matter because they went from an amazing razor to some cheap garbage. The new razors will leave you with a crap shave and nothing but razor burn. I am not sure if this was some marketing ploy turned out by some new "wet behind the ears" CEO to push customers to but more of their shave cream and lotion but if it is they need to put him back on the curb next to the trash along with these new blades before all their customers easily slide over to the competition. Keep in mind, Dollar Shave Club may have been one of the OG shave subscriptions but now there are tons to choose from.

Reviewed March 30, 2023

The new blades are total garbage. Do not use their services. They look and feel cheap. I have 4 of the old executive handles and they replace them with a new one and that's fine but it totally sucks. Feels like a disposable blade. Just try a different company.

Reviewed March 26, 2023

Well, I received my free plastic razor handle and some crappy dollar store razors. I've been with the company since they started and love the executive blades and all the the other products they provide. Now I'm stuck with these 4 crabby blades and a plastic handle. They fall off and don't shave the hair. I think they could've gave them the option. They lost me as a customer.. Horrible!

Reviewed March 24, 2023

The new razors they literally forced upon their consumer base are low quality unusable garbage. Utter trash. The new handle is impossible to use. Not to shave, mind you, it’s impossible to get the blade on in the first place. I broke 3 of my 4 for the month before successfully connecting it. They stopped delivering the product I paid for and starting delivering utter rubbish, without my consent or even telling me. It’s like they substituted an iPhone for a knockoff bootlegged from some back alley somewhere, charging the same price and hoping no one would notice. I notice. We all notice. I hope they collapse into a pile of ignominy and Unilever has to shutter their billion-dollar baby at a total loss.

Reviewed March 21, 2023

Dsc has clearly sold out. They went from the best razor I have ever held in my hand “the executive” to the worst razor I have ever held in my hand. I have used no other razor in the 5 years I have been with dsc than the executive. I have tried many of their products and have loved every one of them. As soon as I held this new handle it felt way too light and way too plastic. I feel like less of a man just holding this razor. I tried it anyway and it was horrible. I have had better shaves with disposable razors. Which is exactly what this new design is. A disposable razor. In the trash it goes. Goodbye dsc. On the search for a new razor.

Reviewed March 14, 2023

I've been using DSC since 2015. I've loved my Heritage Series Executive razors, and the weighty handle. The razors were sturdy, reliable, and durable. I dropped my razor in the shower dozens of times, and the handle + blade would snap apart but could easily be snapped back together. My first box of the new Club Series shipped in January. I was excited to receive a "free handle!" I am beyond disappointed in these razors. The handle and blade snap together in a loose connection that never feels quite right. The razor wiggles around and feels cheap. The handle + blades feel light like any budget razor. I could feel the blades tugging on my skin from the first use. Honestly, Bic is a better option at this point. I hate that DSC chose this and sacrificed their quality. I'm frustrated I'll have to begin a search for a new razor.

Reviewed March 11, 2023

I'd been happily using DSC for years with an occasional hiccup but I was always able to get it resolved. When they said they were switching to new handles I was okay with it since they were giving them for free. Fine. But I've used the new handle a few times now and I hate it. The handle is quite a bit heavier than the previous one and the razor heads are cheap junk. The first time I used it, I swished it around in water to clean off some hair and it fell right off. And they're so much thinner than the previous blades it was hard to get it back on and I was very worried about cutting myself in the process. I'm going to try Billie razors and hopefully they'll be better. The fact that 'I don't like the Club razors' is an option when canceling tells me a lot of people don't like it either

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2023

I have been with DSC for a while. When they were bought out several years ago their quality service/products went downhill. I ordered blades on 11/28/22. Still have not arrived. No way to contact them. The “contact us” is just a loop. Phone number is a voice notice. Everything being written about DSC says “BUYER BEWARE.” Sad, once a solid company, now a has been!

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2023

I bought the gift set for my fiancé for Christmas. He couldn’t even shave his face because the blades kept falling out. It came with two heads and on both of them the razors came out. They’re made so poorly. I wasted my money.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2022

I have been with DSC for years. Lately extra items are being place in my box that I have not order. I order one box of wipes and next thing is 6 extra wipes on my order. Only ordered one I'm sure and I live alone and nobody got access to my phone so what's going on? I was charged $44.00 instead of $18.00. This happened to me twice.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2022

My razor handle broke at clip so I could not use razor or blades. Tried to contact DSC, no chat available, no phone number. I've gotten the same message 6 times, "We have received your email, but presently all representatives are busy helping others."

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

Box arrived half crushed. Shipping company put it in a trash bag. It was leaking so bad. Can’t get anyone to respond to email and no one available on chat. Has definitely gotten worse the last few years.

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2022

I had a gift card for DSC so I placed an introductory order. The shaving experience was extremely poor and I ended up with many cuts on my head. Use Gillette blades instead for a safer experience. TY.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2022

I have been with Dollar Shave Club for many years. I always enjoyed the products and they always had great customer service. They always answered my problems. If I had any I heard they were bought out by another company. When that happened they drastically gone downhill I’m having issues with my account. They have never answered one of my emails, there is no way of getting a hold of anybody. The help page is basically worthless. Maybe they’re trying to get out of the mail order and just selling it in stores. I’m not sure. For about a month they say they’ve been having website difficulties. I have heard that the website is up and running. They’ll be more than happy to take your credit card and possibly send supplies but I’ve been having issues and there’s no one to talk to and they absolutely will not answer their emails. If they don’t get their crap together they’re done.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2022

I was buying their blades for a few years and as long as my monthly shipment showed up (which it usually did), everything was fine. Both times that my blades didn't show up, which was spread out about maybe a year apart, it was hell getting them to send me replacement blades. After the second time when I finally got the replacements, is when I stopped subscribing. The blades weren't anything special and definitely not worth the stress and aggravation of having to deal with them if a monthly shipment didn't show up. I would rather just go to the store and buy them, or find a rough equivalent on Amazon for zero hassle.

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2022

I've been a member almost since the beginning. For the past year I started noticing things were off, blades were falling off the handle and dull blades. I just got a notice about a charge for an order that I wasn't notified was coming! I've always gotten a notice in case I wanted to change something. I also just noticed the price has gone up several dollars this year... Since winter is coming I adjust how often I get blades so I went to the website to find no website... then I found all these complaints with dull blades and blades falling off while shaving! I thought it was just me! I think I'm going to check out Harry's... Really disappointed with the direction of Dollar Shave this past year and the price increase for lower quality... Shame shame shame Dollar Shave...

I can get blades at the drug store that will give me the same razor burn your blades do now. I have always had rave reviews for Dollar Shave... Now I've found you've sold out and the new management is cutting quality and raising costs... If your website isn't up soon for me to cancel my subscription I'll notify my credit card company to no longer accept charges from you. I'm so disappointed, I would have used you for life if you hadn't gotten cheap on the quality. Greed ruins everything...

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2022

Unfortunately, I ordered a "first timer" package from DSC. I ordered just enough to get free shipping. At checkout, they tagged me with a $.90 "handsome discount" which was just enough for me to have to pay for shipping. I looked for a customer service phone number. The only number I found (after having to Google to find one) was for an answering machine with no customer service agents to help. The only way to get in touch with DSC is via text or email, neither of which I got an answer to. My credit card was charged, so I had to dispute that. Then after waiting 11 days for my package to arrive, I found out it was never sent according to USPS.